Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 52 Complete 4/1

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 40 3/9

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Natalie36 Yes they took Kivar.

begonia9508 Eve, Kivar will not have an easy pain free death.

L-J-L 76 Jennifer and the other girls are safe now. But they aren't going to be willing to trust easily.

keepsmiling7 Yes there is a very good chance there is a baby on the way!

saori_1902 Thanks!

Part 40

Max woke to a ringing phone. He reach over and grabbed it trying not to wake Liz.

"Hello?" Mumbled Max
"He is in custody." Said Michael
"Good. King Zan already signed the order for him to be put to death as soon as possible."
"Understood. Max, that girl Jennifer, she is in a bad way emotionally."
"So would the others I bet."
"Yeah, but Jennifer seemed to be his favorite. She doesn't like to be touch by anyone. Not even Kara."
"Michael, she has been traumatized for over a year."
"I know that! But the person closest to her can't get her to let her help."
"I have an idea. Let me call you back."

Max hung up to find Liz awake and smiling at him.

"You want me to go see if I can do something to help her?" Asked Liz
"Only if you want to. I can't force you."
"No you can't."
"I also know you don't like to talk about what happened to you."
"No I don't. But in this case it is necessary. Jennifer thinks no one understands what she is feeling. Yes she is older then I was when I was raped, but while the law saids she wasn't raped her mind set is that she was."
"Yeah. Thank you."
"Call Michael back and tell him I will be there in about an hour."
"I love you."
"Yeah love you too. Now hands off caveman!"
"Caveman?"
"Yeah that whole throwing me over your shoulder last night was very caveman."

Max let out a laugh as Liz got out of bed shacking her hips at him.

Liz walked into the medical complex and found Michael pacing in the lobby. She took a deep breath as she walked over to him. It was her first time seeing him in his uniform.

"Thanks for coming Liz."
"No problem Michael."
"Sorry about the uniform. I was working and didn't have a chance to change."
"Michael, yeah I am a little uncomfortable with the uniform. But I know that you won't hurt me."

Michael just nodded and led Liz to Jennifer's room. Liz walked in to see Kara pacing near a sixteen year old girl with short blond hair.

"Hey Doc. Mind if I give it a try?" Asked Liz
"Be my guest. She is one of the most pig headed people I have ever known." Said Kara

Liz walked over to the bed and sat down.

"Jennifer, my name is Liz."
"So? I want nothing to do with any of you aliens!"
"I'm not an alien. I am just as human as you are. Though I have to say that not all antarians are like Kivar."
"Yeah sure."
"Tell me something, before you ended up with Kivar did you love Kara?"
"I love her she is my sister!"
"She loves you and wants to help you."
"She can't understand what I when through!"
"Maybe not. But I can. When I was seven, I lived with my mom in Gathtown. Kivar, then a captain in the army started to come to my house. For the next five years I was forced to watch him rape and beat my mother. Then when I was twelve on the night that I would see my mom for the last time he raped me. It fucked me up for a long time. I couldn't trust anyone. Anyone with antarian blood were the hardest. I couldn't even trust my sister. But she still loved and cared about me. I did some stupid shit and got thrown in prison. There the guards beat me. When my sister found out she when to her friend Lord Govener Maxwell Evans. He recused me from the prison. But the catch was that I would be his slave."
"You aren't wearing slave bans now." Said Jennifer
"No I am not. It took time, but I slowly started to not only trust him, but fell in love with him. Jennifer, yes Kivar is a very bad man. But there are still a lot of good ones out there. Don't forget not every human in history was a good person either."
"Liz?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you know what is going to happen to me?"
"Well, you are unfortunately going to have to remain a slave. But Max has agreed to take custody of you. But the good news in that is you will never have to share his bed. He won't force you to have sex with him."
"What will I have to do?"
"Most likely you will work with Rosa the house keeper and cook."
"OK."
"Kara, will be able to come see you if you want."
"I would like that. There is one other thing."
"Yes?"
"There is this girl, Ashlee she twelve. Kivar brought her into his house a few months ago. She has become kind of clingy to me."
"I will talk to Max. Just try and get some rest."
"Ok thanks."

Liz smiled and asked Kara to speak to her alone for a few minutes.

TBC
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 41 3/11

L-J-L 76 Liz will talk to Max about keeping Jennifer and Ashlee together. Kivar doesn't have long left to live.

saori_1902 Thanks!

Natalie36 Jennifer did listen to Liz. But it will still take time for trust to build.

begonia9508 Yes it does help to talk with someone who has been through the same thing.

Part 41

Liz followed Kara into an empty exam room.

"So what can I do for you Liz?" Asked Kara
"Uh well after Max and I were together last night we both felt this like buzz in the back of our heads. I was wondering if that could mean I am pregnant?"
"Now when you left for Antar you had been given a very strong birth control drug. Now the only way that drug could be out of your system is if King Zan used his powers to clear it."
"I had him do that." Said Liz bitting her lip.
"OK this is a very easy and quick test. But I do need a drop of blood."

Liz nodded and Kara put on a pair of gloves pricked Liz's finger and squeezed a drop of blood onto a test strip. She then put it in the computer scanner.

"You want to see how this works?" Asked Kara
"Yeah."
"Serena said when you were younger you had an interest in science."
"I did. Still do"
"Well, we can arrange something so you can study it."
"Thanks."

Liz watched over Kara's shoulder as she explained what she was doing to run the test. It only took a couple of minutes before the results came up on the screen.

"I'm pregnant."
"Yep."
"Wow."
"Are you happy about this?"
"Yeah I am Doc. There was a time not long ago I never wanted kids. But now I do."
"That's good. Jennifer will come around in time."
"I know. I was in her place trust wise not too long ago."
"True. So how did Max break through your wall?"
"He just chipped away. Finally I couldn't deny that I had feelings for him. When I had nightmares about what happened to me he only asked that I talk to him. I never planed to fall in love. In fact I didn't believe in romantic love. Just be there for your sister. Yes I know you aren't blood sisters, but you are still sisters."
"I'll do that."
"I'll see you. I think I should get home to Max."
"Right. Liz, make sure you call for an appointment in a couple weeks. There haven't been a lot of human women who have been pregnant by either a hybrid or antarian. So I would like to keep a close eye on you."
"I understand. I know Max would want to make sure I am safe."
"Yes he would. Unless your life were in danger a pregnancy can not be terminated."
"I know the law. Not that I would want it to be even in that case."
"That would be your choice."

Liz turned and walked out of the medical complex to the waiting car to head home.

Max walked into the prison. He walked right to the high secrerty wing. He followed the guard to Kivar's cell.

"You will pay for this Evans!" Yelled Kivar
"No Kivar. You will pay for what you did to Liz Parker ten years ago!"
"She was never going to be a whore. I only was the first to fuck her."
"She was free to say no! You had no right to do what you did to her!"
"Tell me Evans, have you not been fucking the little slut?"
"What happens between me and my future wife is none of your business."
"Future wife! You have feelings for that vermin? Human females are only good for fucking Evans! But what should I expect from a half breed like you."
"Kivar enjoy your time in this cramped cell. You die at midnight by order of King Zan!"

Max turned and walked out of the prison. He got in his car and headed home. He knew that he would have to return for the execution. That was not something he wanted to do. But it was his duty. He walked through the house and out to the garden where he found Liz. She was sitting near the spot where they had buried her mother's ashes when they returned home. He knew it was still hard on her that she had lost her mother. But he also knew that the only thing he could do was be there for her.

"Hey." Said Liz turning to face him.
"Hey. How did it go?"
"She is going to need time."
"As bad as you were?"
"Worse. Max there is a twelve year old girl who has become very attached to Jennifer."
"I'll bring both here then. I don't know what we will do with the younger but I can't let either of the suffer any more."
"Max, you can't save everyone."
"I know."
"Neither Jennifer, or Ashlee the girl I just told you about most likely will ever be freed from the bans on their wrists."
"I know."
"Oh while I was there I had Kara run a pregnancy test."
"So are you?"
"Yes daddy I am."
"That is great!"
"Yeah."

Max pulled Liz into his arms and gave her a deep kiss.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 42 3/12

begonia9508 Yes Max needed some good news!

L-J-L 76 Kivar will be gone very soon! Max, is going to be very supportive of Liz wanting to study science.

keepsmiling7 Max the caveman was fun to write. Yes he is going to be very protective of Liz!

saori_1902 Thanks!

Part 42

Liz watched as Max got ready to leave. She knew that he didn't want to go to this execution. But he didn't have a choice.

"Liz, you know I have to do this."
"Yeah I know."
"I much rather spend the night here with you in my arms."
"I know. But Kivar has to pay for his crimes. You are not just a Lord Max. You are the Lord Governor. You are the King's proxy in this region. That means you hold all the power. You have to be there to order Kivar's execution."
"I know."
"Max, when things settle down do you think I can go back to school? I have always wanted to study science."
"I have heard that about you. Now sweetie I have a lot of book on science in the library for you already. I can have a teacher come in and help you if you want."
"I would like that. But I think that you should have a teacher come in for the girls."
"Liz, you are one of the kindest sweetest people I have ever met."
"Yeah sure! I wasn't like that at first."
"You were rough on the outside. But deep down was the sweetest you now show."
"Love you Max."
"Love you too Liz. I will be home as soon as I can."
"I know. I will keep the bed warm for you."

Max gave Liz a kiss and headed out.

Max stood in the viewing room as Kivar was brought into the execution room. Kivar only wore a pair of shorts. He was strapped tightly to the table in the center of the room. A medical technion came in and hooked up drugs that would end Kivar's life. Once everything was ready Max when to the intercom and pressed the button turning it on.

"By order of King Zan of the Antarian Empire, Kivar is hear by sentenced to death. He is sentence this for the crimes of rape of a free child, mistreatment of slaves in his care, beating and raping others. He also committed the crime of sending an unvaccinated woman to Antar causing the woman's death."

Max turned off the intercom and the tech started the drugs. It wasn't long before Kivar's screams could be heard as the drugs caused his blood to boil and organs to melt. Then he fell silent right before his body became nothing more then dust. Max headed home where he found Liz curled up in bed sleeping. He quietly stripped down to his boxers and climbed into bed. Liz rolled over and pressed her small body up against him. He wrapped an arm around her and held her as he drifted off to sleep.

Liz woke and snuggled closer to Max. She loved the way she felt in his arms.

"Morning." Mumbled Max
"Morning. So he's really dead?"
"Yes. He will never hurt anyone ever again."
"I can't say that I am upset about that. Max when are the girls coming?"
"Later today. Rosa is going to fix a room for them down the hall from us."
"That's good. I want to help both of them. But they will have to want help."
"True. It took you a while to open up to me."
"Yeah. I am not proud of how I acted."
"Liz, I understand why you were like that."
"I know but it was no excuse."
"Liz, don't beat yourself up over it."
"Love you."

Max leaned over and kissed her. They spent another hour in bed together just cuddling.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 43 3/13

saori_1902 Yes good bye Kivar.

L-J-L 76 Thanks!

keepsmiling7 No Liz hasn't given up on school. Her life just got in the way for a while. Liz does want what is best for the girls. Kivar is gone for good!

begonia9508 Kivar is dead! Both Max and Liz know that there others like Kivar. But it will take time to change things to make them better for everyone.

Part 43

Liz smiled as the two girls walked into the house that afternoon. Ashlee was a tall girl for her age with blond hair that came to her shoulders and green eyes. She held Jennifer's hand as if her life depened on it.

"Hi girls. Ashlee, I'm Liz. I want you to know that you are safe here. No one going to hurt you here. I promise, that you have nothing to fear." Said Liz
"Why should I trust you?" Asked Ashlee
"There is no reason I can give you. Trust takes time and has to be earned. But I can tell you that not all men are like Kivar was. I spent most of my life angry and distrustful of anyone with antarian blood. Even my sister."
"Sister?" Asked Ashlee
"I have a half sister. She is a hybrid. The antarians used DNA from my father to make her. We never spent a lot of time together. But she has looked after me. She has always loved me and treated me with respect, even when I wasn't very nice to her."
"Girls this is Rosa. You will be working with her." Said Max
"What will we have to do?" Asked Jennifer
"Help with cooking and cleaning." Said Rosa
"In a couple weeks I will also have a teacher come in. I would like you both to at lest finish high school." Said Max
"Why? We are just slaves. I would think you would want us to remain dumb." Said Jennifer
"Jennifer, I know you are unhappy. But I also know that you are far from dumb. Kara told me you like history. I am willing to let you learn as much as you want in history or anything else." Said Max

Both girls were surprised. They never thought that they would be treated like this. Rosa took the girls to their room. Max wrapped an arm around Liz and smiled.

"So do you think they will realize that I don't want to hurt them?" Asked Max
"In time. Max, I know that there are others like Kivar."
"There are. Liz, it is going to take time. But things will change. Before I got you out of prison I saw how you lived. Well how people in Gathtown lived. I don't want anyone to live like that."
"The people there don't trust easily."
"I know."
"Now Max when are we going to get married?"
"Uh well if my sister has anything to do with it, a couple months."
"What do you mean?"
"Isabel has this crazy idea of what perfect is."
"What if I just want a quiet wedding with family friends?"
"That would be my idea of perfect."

Liz kissed Max and they headed to the library together.

After dinner Liz walked out into the garden. She walked a long the path and found Ashlee sitting on a bench looking at the stars as they came out. Liz sat down next to the younger girl.

"It's a beautiful night" said Liz
"Uh yeah. I should get back to my room."
"Ashlee, wait. I want to talk to you."

Ashlee bit her lip and sat back down. Liz gently reached over and pushed a strand of the younger girl's hair back.

"I know you are scared. But you don't have to be. No one here will hurt you."
"Why should I believe you?"
"When I was your age, my mom and I lived in Gathtown."
"That is where my family is from."
"Well my story starts five years earlier. I was seven, a man dressed in an antarian army uniform forced his way into my home. He dragged me and my mom into the bedroom. My mom put up a fight and he beat her. He then made me watch as he raped my mom. This when on for the next five years. Then the night came when after he finished raping my mom he grabbed me, ripped my clothes from me and raped me. When he left he took my mom with him, promising to come back to do that to me again. I never saw my mom again, it took ten years before I saw that antarian again. It was Kivar, by that time I belonged to Max. He never forced me to have sex. But something happened, it wasn't fast but I fell in love. I never thought I would love anyone. But it happened."
"You were a slave? But you're not now?"
"No I am no longer a slave. Max took me to Antar and I when before the King. He freed me because I proved to him that I love Max and want to spend the rest of my life with him. Max and I will marry soon and are going to have a baby."
"I can't have a child. The doctors said Kivar did something to prevent me from ever having a child."
"I'm sorry. There is nothing they can do?"
"No. The way Dr. Kaz talked it sounded like he removed part of my reproductive system."
"I am so glad he can't hurt anyone ever again."
"Me too. Is it OK if I go to bed?"
"Yes good night Ashlee."
"Good night."

Ashlee headed to bed and Liz remained on the bench.

"Did you want something Jennifer?" Asked Liz
"How did you know I was there?" Asked Jennifer coming out from behind a bush.
"When you grow up having to take care of yourself you become more aware of everything around you."
"Liz, why do you even care what happens to me or Ashlee?"
"I just do. Maybe I see a little of myself in the two of you."
"OK, I should get to bed. Rosa has a lot planned for tomorrow."
"Night."

Jennifer headed for bed and Liz when to find Max.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 44 3/14

saori_1902 Thanks!

begonia9508 Eve, both Max and Liz know that it will take time to earn the girls trust.

L-J-L 76 Yes it will take a long time for both girls to trust anyone after everything they have been through.

Part 44

Liz woke to a scream from down the hall. She saw Max was already heading for the door.

"Let me go Max. You didn't come to me the first time I woke screaming did you?"
"No."
"Then let me handle this."
"OK honey."

Liz headed down the hall and opened the door to the girls room. She found Jennifer hold Ashlee. Liz knew then they did the right thing keeping these two together.

"Is everything ok?" Asked Liz
"Uh yeah. Ashlee just had a nightmare." Said Jennifer
"I know what that is like. I had a lot of nightmares. It does get better Ashlee. I still have them but they are no where near as bad as they once were."
"How did you get over them?"
"I learned to trust someone. I talked to Max about them. Both of you should talk about what happened to you."
"It hurts to think about." Said Jennifer
"I know sweetie. But the fact is you won't be able to heal if you don't. I know that you might not believe me but there is someone who will love you for who you are. That will know what you have been through and still love you."
"How do you know?" Asked Ashlee
"Because Max knows my past and it didn't stop him from falling in love with me. You are both still young. You will meet someone that will show you what love is."
"Thanks Liz. We really should try and get some sleep." Said Jennifer

Liz when back to bed and curled up in Max's arms.

"Everything OK?"
"Yeah Max. Just a nightmare."
"They both are going to have those for a while aren't they?"
"Yeah. Truth is I still have some. Not very often and I don't wake up screaming any more. But they still happen."
"Liz, you don't think I know when you have a nightmare? You don't say anything but I feel you wake up."
"Do we have some kind of connection I don't know about?"
"No Liz, we don't. I would like to have a connection with you. But I can't force you to have it. I feel the way you move closer to me sometimes. You do that more when you are scared or upset about something."
"I didn't even know I did that."
"You only do it because I make you feel safe."
"Yes you do. I do want that connection Zan talked about with you."
"We will. I just want to wait for the right time for us to do that."
"I totally agree."

Max gave Liz a kiss and both when back to sleep.

Max and Liz walked into the kitchen the next morning to find both girls working on breakfast with Rosa. They sat down and Ashlee brought each of them a cup of coffee.

"Thank you Ashlee." Said Max
"Yes thank you." Said Liz
"You're welcome." Said Ashlee as she when back to work.
"You know the coffee might not be good for the baby." Said Max softly
"One cup will be OK. I've done a little reading on the subject. Kara gave me a lot to read. Both on human and antarian pregncies. She really doesn't know what to expect. But mine could be very different then Serena's."
"Well you are human and your sister is a hybrid."
"Yeah."

Just then they both heard the front door open and then the voice of Diane Evans.

"MAXWELL PHILIP EVANS! ELIZABETH ANNE PARKER! I WANT TO SPEAK WITH BOTH OF YOU NOW!"

Max and Liz looked at each other then got up and walked out to face Max's mother. Diane stood in the front hall and didn't look happy.

"Hi mom. Want to join us to for breakfast?" Said Max
"Maxwell, why on earth have you taken two girls as slaves?" Asked Diane
"Diane, the girls use to belong to Kivar. Jennifer the older of the two is Kara's foster sister. Ashlee the other as come to think of Jennifer as a sister. Both have been abused very badly by Kivar. We are trying to help them see that not everyone with antarian blood wants to hurt them." Said Liz
"I still don't like this." Said Diane
"Mom, I understand that but they are safest with us."
"You better treat them like your sisters Maxwell."
"Yes mom."
"Breakfast is ready Lord Max. Mrs. Evans there is plenty if you wish to join them." Said Rosa
"Thank you Rosa. Mom are you going to join us?" Asked Max
"Yes thank you."

Everyone when into the kitchen for breakfast.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 45 3/15

begonia9508 Diane is great! Max most likely wanted nothing more then to run and hide. But he knows that he would have to face her at some point so it was better to get it over with.

Natalie36 No you don't mess with Diane!

keepsmiling7 Yes Jennifer and Ashlee need each other. In time they will learn to trust both Max and Liz. Everyone might think that Max is in charge, but those close to him know that it is really his mother!

L-J-L 76 Liz knew that the girls need to see that someone really does care about them. That just because of the fact that they are slaves doesn't mean they will be treated badly. Oh yes Max is very scared of Diane! This is the woman that raised him. She doesn't care that he has all these powers or that he is a clone of the King, she will tell him off if she isn't happy with him.

saori_1902 Thanks!

Part 45 Two months

Liz woke early and got out of bed and ran into the bathroom and threw up. Max was right behind her holding her hair back. After a few minutes Max helped her to her feet and handed her a glass of water to rinse her mouth out.

"I hate morning sickness." Said Liz
"I know honey. I think you should see Kara. I know morning sickness is normal. But this seems really bad."
"I wouldn't know. I've never been pregnant before."

Max kissed Liz. Then helped her back to bed.

"You should lay back down for a while. I'll ask one of the girls to bring you some toast and tea."
"Thanks."

After making sure Liz was comfortable Max headed down to the kitchen where he found Ashlee alone. It had not gone pass his notice that the young girl avoid being alone with him. He kept his distance as he spoke to her.

"Ashlee, Liz isn't feeling very well. Will you please take her some toast and tea?"
"Yes sir." Said Ashlee not looking him in the eye.
"Ashlee, please look at me."

Ashlee raised her eyes and Max could see the fear in them.

"Ashlee, I promise I am not going to hurt you. I love one woman and that is Liz. I will never hurt you. Come on you met my mother. Do you really think she would let me get away with hurting you?"

Ashlee smiled at the memory of the day she met Diane Evans. Max had turned into such a little boy around her.

"I just need more time."
"I know."
"I should get back to work."
"Ok, and thanks."

Ashlee just nodded and got to work on the tea and toast.

Max was in his office when Serena walked in with Amber in her arms and Isabel right behind her.

"What do you need ladies?" Asked Max
"What is going on with you and my sister?" Asked Serena
"What do you mean?" Asked Max
"Max, you are not that stupid! We know you asked Liz to marry you. But you have made no head way with the wedding." Said Isabel
"Liz just wants something quiet. Just family and close friends."
"When is it going to be?" Asked Serena
"I could ask you the same thing dear sister. When is Kyle going to make an honest woman out of you? As the very old saying goes." Asked Liz walking in.
"Uh, he still hasn't asked me to marry him." Said Serena
"I might have to talk with that Buddha loving boyfriend of yours." Said Liz
"God Valenti is still into that Buddha crap!" Said Isabel
"Yeah he is. But I love him." Said Serena
"Liz, are you feeling any better?" Asked Max
"Yeah I feel fine now." Said Liz
"Liz were you sick earlier?" Asked Serena
"Kind of. But it's not the kind of sick that medicine can't really help." Said Liz
"OH MY GOD! YOU'RE PREGNANT!" screamed Isabel pulling Liz into a hug.
"Liz you're pregnant?" Asked Serena
"Yeah. About two months."
"When are you due?" Asked Serena
"Well Kara is still trying to figure that out. She knows it will be shorter then a human pregnancy. But isn't sure if it will be the same length as you were or maybe a bit longer. There haven't been many human women pregnant by either hybrids or full blood antarians." Said Max
"But it is safe for Liz right?" Asked Isabel
"Yes." Said Liz

The three girls left Max to his work and when off to talk alone.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 46 3/16

keepsmiling7 Yes Max is kind to everyone, that is until they harms someone he cares about! Yes poor Liz! But she has Max to take good care of her!

saori_1902 Thanks!

begonia9508 Thanks!

L-J-L 76 Liz will go see Kara soon. Yes Isabel is very excited about being an aunt.

Part 46

Liz and the other girls headed out to the garden patio and sat around a table to talk.

"So Lizzie are you happy about the baby?" Asked Serena laying Amber in the stroller to sleep.
"Yeah Rena I am. I know that I didn't always want a family. But now I do." Said Liz
"Alex, told me what you were like when he knew you." Said Isabel
"Isabel, that was a bad time in my life. I didn't trust anyone. After what happened with Kivar I could only see men wanting one thing from me. It took meeting your brother to make me see that not all men were the same. He never once tried to force me to do anything I didn't want to."
"It may have helped that your mother showed up not long after Max brought Liz home." Said Serena
"I can image what that was like." Said Isabel
"He turned into a little boy with his hand caught in the cookie jar right in front of me. It was hard to be scared of him then. But it still took me a while to trust him."
"Now you are madly in love with him, engaged, and going to have his baby." Said Serena
"Yeah."
"Liz, in case I didn't tell you before, I love your ring." Said Isabel
"Thank you. It was my mother's and my grandmother's before that. King Zan saved it. He gave it to Max to give to me."
"I'm sure your mom would be happy that you have it. I know how much she loved you." Said Serena
"You know how everyone feels." Said Liz
"I didn't need my empathy to see that." Said Serena

Just then Jennifer came out with a tray of glasses and a pitcher of lemonade. She placed the tray down and headed back into the house. Serena could feel the sadness pouring off the younger girl.

"Liz is she OK?" Asked Isabel
"I'm not sure. Neither her or Ashlee feel safe enough to talk to either Max or me. I was thinking of asking Kara to come see Jennifer after she gets off tomorrow. I have an appointment with her just to make sure everything is going well with the baby." Said Liz
"So how is your morning sickness? Mine was pretty bad for a while." Said Serena
"Well let's just say I have thought of making a bed on the bathroom floor to save time running there in the morning."
"Sounds a lot like mine. But it was worth it the first time I held Colin after he was born." Said Isabel
"So where is your son Isabel?" Asked Serena
"With his daddy. Alex is such a good father." Said Isabel
"So is Kyle. But he can't take Amber to work with him. He would love to have her with him. But the prison is no place for a baby." Said Serena
"I don't know about now. But it wasn't very good when I was there." Said Liz

Serena reached over and hugged her sister. She wished that she could have done more for Liz.

"I'm OK Rena."
"So Liz do you want a boy or girl?" Asked Isabel
"Either would be good. But I kind of want a little boy that looks just like his daddy."
"Maybe with your ears instead of Max's." Said Serena
"I like Max's ears! They are cute!"
"Yeah sure if you are an elephant named Dumbo." Said Isabel
"They are not that big!"
"Yeah sure. But then again you are love sick dear sister." Said Serena
"Hey at least Max isn't a shrimp like Kyle!"
"Kyle, isn't a shrimp. Maybe he is a little short but he can't help that." Said Serena

Liz and Isabel laughed. None of them noticed that Max was watching them from the door to the patio. He loved that the woman he planned to spend the rest of his life with was becoming friends with his sister.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 47 3/17

keepsmiling7 The girls were having fun teasing each other about their men in good fun.

L-J-L 76 Max may not have heard everything. But he heard enough to know that Liz is bonding and gaining friends she can talk with.

begonia9508 Liz, loves Max's ears! Isabel snd Serena were just having a little fun with Liz teasing her about Max's ears.

Part 47

Liz sat in the exam room waiting for Kara to come in. She was a little nervous about the baby. She had spent almost ten minutes in the bathroom with morning sickness earlier. Kara came in looking over something on a tablet.

"Hey Doc." Said Liz
"Hi Liz. It saids here you have been having really bad morning sickness."
"Yeah. This morning I was in the bathroom for almost ten minutes sick."
"Well everything looks good with the baby. I do want to do a sonogram to see how the baby is growing."
"OK."
"Is Max out in the waiting room?"
"Yes. Why don't you change into a gown and I will get him. I am betting he will want to see this."
"Yeah he will."

Ten minutes later Max sat by Liz's side as Kara began to move the wond over Liz's stomach. She watched the screen and her jaw dropped.

"Wow." Said Kara
"Kara is something wrong?" Asked Max
"That might explain things." Mumbled Kara
"Hey Doc! We are still in the dark here." Said Liz
"Oh sorry. This is just the first time I have seen this. Well other then between two full blood humans anyway. You are having twins." Said Kara
"TWINS!" Screamed Liz
"Yes. I have two heart beats. Here is one baby, and here is the other." Said Kara pointing to two different spots on the screen.
"Two babies Liz. This is great!" Said Max
"Yeah for you. You won't be the one walking around looking like a beach ball with arms and legs before long." Said Liz
"Well, based on what I see here, you will be due in three and half to four months from now. I really do need to keep a close eye on you. Twins are very rare on Antar. There have been a couple cases with two hybrids who got together. But most cases we have seen have been between two humans." Said Kara
"I will be ok right?" Asked Liz
"Liz, you are in the best health of your life right now. I have been over all your records from the time you were first seen by an antarian trained doctor. That trip to Antar and meeting King Zan did you more good then you could ever know. He not only cleared the birth control from you, be made the scars from the surgery we did disappear. It's like you never had the surgery at all." Said Kara
"I didn't realize he did that. I mean I noticed the small scar you left was gone but I didn't know about the rest of it." Said Liz
"Zan didn't tell me either. But Liz, remember he made you an honorary member of his family." Said Max
"That is true." Said Liz
"I can give you something to help with the morning sickness. It will not harm the babies." Said Kara
"Liz, I think it would be a good idea." Said Max
"Yeah."
"OK I will get the medication." Said Kara
"Good. I hate seeing Liz so sick in the morning." Said Max
"Well the good news is hopefully it will only last a few more weeks." Said Kara
"Kara?" Said Liz
"Yes Liz?"
"I think that it will be good if you come by soon to see Jennifer. She may not say it but she does love you." Said Liz
"After I get off today ok?" Asked Kara
"You are welcome anytime." Said Max
"Thanks Max. I will be right back with that medication. Liz go a head and get dressed." Said Kara
"Want some help?" Asked Max with a grin.
"You are never any help getting dressed. You are only helpful getting undressed."
"Can I help it if I think you have a sexy body?"
"Ok that does it get your ass out of here so I can get dressed."
"Make it up to me later?"
"Yes. You are just lucky you already knocked me up. Or else I would be in really bad shape."

Max gave Liz a kiss before heading out.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 48 3/18

begonia9508 Yes it is great news for Max and Liz!

L-J-L 76 Yes Liz is having twins in just about four months.

keepsmiling7 Max and Liz will defiantly have their hands full soon.

saori_1902 Thanks!

Part 48

Liz watched from the balcony of the room she shared with Max as Kara walked through the garden to Jennifer who was by the fountain. When Jennifer saw Kara she ran to her and wrapped her in a hug. Liz smiled. She knew that this was going to do the young lady a world of good. She leaned back when she felt Max wrap his arms around her.

"Jennifer looks happy to see Kara." Said Max
"Yeah she does."
"Now I wish that there was something we could do to help Ashlee."
"I have done some digging. She has no family. She is alone in the world."
"What happened to her parents?"
"When they wouldn't bend to what Sean wanted he had them killed. That was a year and half ago. She was placed in holding house until she turned twelve."
"Sean really screwed up a lot of peoples lives didn't he?"
"Yeah. Life in Gathtown was not easy. I didn't know Ashlee back then. But I knew of others that disappeared because they wouldn't bend to what Sean wanted."
"Sean, had it wrong. The overseer is there to help the people. Not to control them."
"The people there are going to have a hard time trusting Alex for a while."
"Oh he knows that. But he is trying really hard to make things better there."
"I believe he can make things better. To be honest I don't think things could have gotten much worse."
"I wish I had known how bad things were for you. I would have done something."
"Max, stop doing that! I could have said something to Serena. But I didn't. You can't change the past. You can only move forward."
"Liz, have I told you how smart I think that you are?"
"Not lately."
"You are one of the smartest woman I have ever met."

Max leaned down and gave her a kiss. There was a soft knock on the door to their room.

"Come in." Said Max

The door opened and Ashlee came in.

"Dinner is ready." Said Ashlee softly
"Thank you Ashlee. We will be right down." Said Liz

Ashlee left and Max released his hold on Liz.

"Will she ever trust us?" Asked Max
"I don't know. But I think both of them need to talk about what happened to them."
"You haven't really."
"Actually, remember when I was spending a lot of time with your mom while you were working?"
"Yeah. You talked with her."
"Yeah. I think she can help them."
"We can ask if she will speak with them."
"I'm sure she will. Your mom is so easy to talk to."
"Yeah sure."
"Max, your mom is really nice. She loves you and only wants what's best for you."
"I know. Let's go feed these little ones growing inside you."

Max and Liz walked down stairs and out to the sun porch where their dinner would be served.

Later that night Liz passed Jennifer in the hall. Jennifer was smiling for the first time since Liz had met the young woman.

"Hey Jennifer, you seem happy." Said Liz
"I am. Thank you for having Kara come to see me."
"She is always welcome."
"Liz?"
"Yes?"
"Uh well you see my mom always called me Jen."
"You want Max and me to call you Jen?"
"Yes, I mean if it's OK."
"Jen, you may not be free to do what you want, but you not ever going to be forced to do anything you don't want to. Yes you have chores to do but you are not part of this family."
"Thanks Liz."

Jen wrapped her arms around Liz in a hug, then headed off to her room.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Finding Love (AU,M/L,Adult) Pt 49 3/20

L-J-L 76 Yes it's a good thing that Sean is dead. But Alex really does have his work cut out for him. Liz is trying to treat Jennifer and Ashlee like sisters. They do needed to talk to someone about what they when through and Diane is very kind and caring.

keepsmiling7 Yes Sean really screwed things up! Liz knows Diane helped her so she really believes she can help the other girls. Almost every Jennifer I have ever known has gone by either Jen or Jenny.

begonia9508 No Sean is dead! King Zan had him taken out a while ago.

saori_1902 Thanks!

A/N anything between ** is mind speak.

Part 49

Liz let out a soft moan as Max entered her. She knew that if someone had told her two years ago that she would fall in love and enjoy having sex with any man she would never have believed them. As she and Max made love she couldn't now image her life without him in her life. Their bodies moved at the same rythem with little effort from either of them. Max had his face buried in her neck. She let out a gasp as Max hit her pleasure point. Liz dug her nails into Max's back as she hit her climax with Max right behind her. They laid in bed next to each other.

"You OK Liz?" Asked Max
"Yeah. I feel good."
"Liz, how about next weekend for our wedding? I can get a minister here then."
"That would be great. I do want that mental bond with you."
"We can do that anytime you are ready."
"Tomorrow?"
"Tomorrow it is then. You understand once we do this there is no going back."
"I know. Max, I love you more then I ever thought I could love anyone."
"I love you Liz."

They kissed and fell to sleep in each others arms.

Liz woke and pulled away from Max and headed to the bathroom with Max on her heels. He grabbed her hair holding it back as she threw up. Once she was done she sat on the floor while Max got her some water and her medication. Liz took both before heading back to the bedroom with Max.

"I hate seeing you sick like this Liz."
"Max, I am going to be fine."
"I know. It's just you look so misable."
"But just think in a few months we will have two beautiful babies in our arms."
"I hope that we have at lest one girl who looks just like her mommy."
"I wouldn't mind a little boy who looks like his daddy."
"Maybe with your ears?"
"Max Evans! You have very cute ears! Don't you dare let anyone tell you any different."
"You really like my ears?"
"Yes. Max, I love every part of you."

Max leaned down and kissed Liz.

"Max, not going to happen."
"I don't know what you are talking about."
"Yeah right. Let's get dressed and head down to breakfast."
"OK you win."
"Get use to it buddy!"

Max let out a laugh as Liz walked away from him to get dressed. He watched her for a few minutes then he got dressed. Once they were both dressed they headed down to breakfast together.

After breakfast Max and Liz when into the study together. Max had asked that they not be disturbed. Once in there they sat on the sofa next to each other.

"Liz are you sure you are ready for this?" Asked Max
"Yes."
"Ok. I need you to clear your mind. Let it go blank."

Liz nodded and Max very gently took her face in his hands and looked into her warm brown eyes. To his surprise it took very little energy to open the connection between the two of them. He saw her as a little girl, he saw her in the corner of a room hugging a tattered teddy bear crying. He saw Kivar forcing himself onto a twelve year old Liz. He saw more images from her life. Then he saw her looking at him in the prison the day he saved her. He felt what she felt in that moment. She felt relief that Serena had kept her promise to send help. At the same time Liz was experiencing the same thing. She was seeing his life. She saw everything from when he came out of the pod, to learning to ride a bike. She saw him at sixteen st his father's funeral. She saw him as he saw her for the first time in the prison. She felt his anger over her treatment. How he wanted to ripe the heads off the men who had beaten her. The images of each others lives just kept coming until the most recent. When Max finally broke the connection they both felt like for the first time in their lives that they were whole. That whatever piece of them that had been missing had been found.

*Liz can you hear me?*
*Yes*

"Max what does this mean?"
"Well if I am right then we don't just have a bonding. We have a bonding of soulmates. Only soulmates can talk to each other in their minds. A bonding between life mates isn't always a bonding of soulmates."
"How can we be soulmates? Not that there is anything wrong with that."
"You are wondering because I am a hybrid and you are human?"
"Yeah."
"Liz, it doesn't matter. What I know is that at some point in the past our souls were once one and ripped apart. That no matter how many lives they live they will only feel complete when they find each other."
"I like that."

Max leaned down and gave Liz a kiss then they headed out to the garden for a walk.

TBC