Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) *Complete* 11/14/09

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) *Complete* 11/14/09

Post by jake17 »

This gorgeous banner was created by my close friend Hunter (Monica) I love it sweetie, thank you so much!! :wink:

Title: Tender is the Night
Author: jake17
Disclaimer: I own nothing Roswell
Pairing: M/L
Rating: Adult
Summary: Liz Parker is on the run from a crime she did not commit, Living with her mother and her abusive stepfather a terrible accident occurred and her stepfather was killed. Running from the police she gets on a bus getting her as far as she could possible go. Finding herself in the smallest of town’s she finds herself in a dive bar. Hungry scared and alone she captures the attention of a kind local bartender who through a drunken confession finds out why Liz is there. After falling asleep exhausted and drunk Liz awakens to find herself looking completely different. With her blonde hair and green eyes she hardly resembles the girl she used to be. During the night Max decided to take of her in more than one-way, Feeling like he understands what it’s like to have to always hide and keep secrets he uses his alien powers to change her identity. Thinking she is free to start a life where no knows her Liz and Max’s relationship begins to grow into something more. The only problem is they are far from safe, will their love be strong enough to endure life on the run or will the pressure of being constantly hunted come between the only love either of them have ever known.

Authors Note: Before I get tons of questions as to who that blonde girl is in the picture with Max please read or re-read the summary. It is Liz, Max had to change her identity to help her escape from a crime she did not commit.

I know this was a long summary and but I felt an explanation was needed so everyone understood the meaning of the banner and didn’t come after me with torches thinking that I had Max with someone else. :lol: (because I would never do that!) :wink:

Saying all that I will be starting from the beginning, maybe it will be more interesting reading it knowing what is going to happen…that’s what I’m praying for.

This story is dedicated to my amazing close friend Monica (Hunter), she created this spectacular banner that I am just in love with.
Not only is she one of my favorite writers but I get to have the pleasure of co-writing a story (crossroads) with her which is so much fun. Her talent amazes me not only because she writes completely engrossing sexy exciting stories but she is a true artist who I’ve been lucky enough to have her lend her talent to me for many of my banners. She is completely selfless and always eager to help me out whenever I ask which I hope she knows means the world to me. :wink:
Saying all this she has also become a wonderful friend to me which I feel extremely lucky to have. I still remember reading her first fic “A fatal love story” and being completely shocked at finding out that this was her first. She has an obvious gift and we are all lucky to have her here. But I am the luckiest because I get to call her my friend. :D
So Monica this story goes out to you, it’s about perseverance, love and never giving up. Something I know is very instilled deep in you. You are a very special girl Monica thank you for everything you’ve done for me. I love you sweetie. Carrie

Chapter 1.

Sitting on this broken down bus I smell the stench that is almost as worse as the blood that spilled from my step dad. As he laid with he stomach spilling onto the floor I couldn’t help but feel partly relieved.

It was over. The beatings, the nightly visits to my bedroom, having to listen to the same cries from my mom as he did the same to her. As bad as it sounds I was glad he was dead.

Coming into the house after a night out and seeing this mess I cried out for my mom but there was no answer. Had she finally had enough? Did she finally snap? Who could blame her certainly not me. Gods knows I’ve dreamed about it enough times at night as I prayed he’d get so drunk he’s skip my nightly torture.

Why didn’t I run you may ask? I’m eighteen, definitely old enough, definitely capable of taking care of myself. Well I guess you can see I love my mom. I love her even more alive. Which is how he said he leave her if I did what he said.

He’s beaten me hard enough to convince me that he meant what he said. So I stayed, stayed for her and now I it looks like I’m taking the blame for her too. I’m not saying she did it. I actually don’t even know what happened that night but standing there covered in his blood with my prints on the shotgun I used for target practice all the time what would you think?

The cops took one look at me and thought they had their killer, but I’m just a girl, a girl who’s now on the run, with no where to go.

With little money I had on me it was enough to go cross-country on this wretched bus. The farther the better I guess but with hardly any money left and my face probably plastered on every news channel there is I’m a walking target.

As the loud screeching sound of the brakes jarred me awake I notice I was the only one left. This balding smelly bus driver named Norman was staring down my shirt with a smile I knew too well.

“Last stop girly. Need any help with your bags there?”

“No, thank you. Where are we anyway?”

“My dear you are in the land of enchantment!”

Is he freaking kidding me?

Looking at me like I had three heads he sarcastically replies. “Roswell New Mexico sweetie.”

“Fantastic”

As I step onto the dusty street an almost eerie sensation comes over me. It’s like a ghost town here but maybe that has something to do with it being one in the morning.

Every building in shrouded in darkness except for a tiny red bar with Christmas lights blinking all around it. Interesting since its July.

As I push my way through the door with my increasingly heaving duffle bag over my shoulder I look around to see I am the only one in this dive. I guess that’s a good thing. I’m not one for crowds.

No tv excellent maybe this place hasn’t seen my face a million times in the last half hour.

As I sit at the bar I look around for any sign of life.

That’s when I spot him.

His head is down and he’s reading something that seems to have really captured his attention.

From what I can see he’s absolutely beautiful. Short black hair strong muscular arms but nice and lean every girls dream if that girl didn’t happen to be on the run for her life.

“Umm excuse me sir, are you open? I’m very thirsty.”

I can see him react to me but he still doesn’t look up until he finishes his page.

Slowly he flips the book over and gives me a warm beautiful smile that almost makes me wish I wasn’t carrying fifteen hours of bus on me.

He flips a rag over his shoulder and leans his elbows against the bar.

“What can I get you?”

“A beer would be fine, anything on tap.”

He studies me for a minute I’m guessing trying to decide whether I’m twenty-one or not.

Oh man if you only knew what I’d been through tonight you’d give me the whole keg.

I catch him eyeing my sleeve that is covered with blood and I quickly pull my jacket over it way too late.

He stares at me for a second and puts the frosty mug in front of me.

“I’ll be right back.”

My hands start to shake wondering if he’s gone to call the police, wondering if he knows who I am.

My mind races as to what to do. Do I run? Am I overreacting?

I’m so exhausted and thirsty I can't think anymore, lucky for me he reappears with a plate of grilled cheese and fries.

“The cook make this for me before he left for the night, but I’m really not hungry. Would you like it?”

The smell is making my mouth water and I realize I haven’t eaten anything in almost two days.

Reaching into my pocket I pull out a dollar and some change. Not even enough to pay for the beer I’m drinking.

“Your money’s no good here Miss?

“Umm Monica, Monica Taylor.”

“Well it’s nice to meet you Monica Taylor.”

“I’m Max Evans, now please take this food before I have to make Fred eat it.”

He motions over to a big hound dog that raises his big blood shot eyes at us and barks once before falling right back to sleep.

“Well ok if you’re sure it’s alright. Thank you.”

We both laugh as Fred moans and rolls over.

For the first time I feel myself relax.

I’m not sure if it’s his warm amber eyes or the sweetness in his smile but for some reason I trust this stranger.

And I don’t trust anyone.

~~~~~

should I continue? :)
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 18 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 1 11/21/08

Post by jake17 »

Hunter
Lena
Ping
Keepsmiling
begonia9508
Janetfl
paper
angelina
IheartMax
Justmeeh
destinyc
Natalie36
Ken_r

Thank you so much for all your fb! Paper I really appreciate your help! thank you so much! :D

Chapter 2.

“Please one more Max.”

“I think you’ve had enough, why don’t you finish your food.”

I look down at the half eaten sandwich and my stomach turns.

What am I going to do now?

“I don’t even have a place to sleep tonight.”

“What did you say?”

“Oh nothing I didn’t realize I said that out loud. Maybe I have had too much to drink Max.”

“Are you ok?”

As I try to stand up the world starts to spin. Suddenly I’m in his arms.

“Whoa, when was the last time you slept?”

Tears form in my eyes as I remember my home, my mom.

My eyes start to close as I snuggle close to this man I hardly know. I need to feel safe, and for some reason I feel that…with him.

“Monica do you have a place to stay tonight?”

I can see concern in his eyes and it makes me smile.

The alcohol makes me admit to my darkest fear.

“I don’t have anything anymore Max. I’m just so tired.”

I can feel my eyes shut and suddenly my feet leave the ground. He’s carrying me somewhere and at this point it doesn’t matter to me. I feel like I’ve lost everything, like I’m all alone in this world.

Gently he lays me down on something very soft. I curl into a ball and start to openly cry now.

He pulls a blanket over me. It’s warm and comforting but it’s not enough.

I open my eyes to look for him. He’s pacing the floor as he runs his fingers through his hair.

“Is there someone I can call?”

I shake me head and watch as he slowly approaches me.

“Are you in some kind of trouble?”

I sit for a moment and try to clear my hazy mind. He’s been so kind to me I can’t get him mixed up in this. I have to get out of here.

“I shouldn’t involve you in this. I’ll just go.”

As I go to stand up everything slants to the left and I am once again in his arms.

“No. You can’t even stand. Just stay here. Lay back down. I’m going to go lock up, I’ll be right back.”

I sit back down and wrap the blanket around my shoulders.

Looking around it seems like Max has even less of a life than I do.

There are no pictures of family, or friends. His apartment is filled with the bare necessities, a table two chairs and a bed and no tv. Maybe that’s why he hasn’t figured me out so far. What human being doesn’t have a tv?

Suddenly he appears again, he’s holding a mug in his hand.

“Coffee.”

“Thanks”

“Max do you own this bar?”

He gives me this big smile and pulls out one chairs. He turns it around sits and leans his chin on the back like he's studying me.

“If I answer your question will you answer one of mine?”

I take a sip of the bitterest coffee I ever had and try to not show a reaction.

“I guess.”

“No I don’t own this place. Just work here and obviously live here.”

"Oh"

“My turn.”

I watch him scratch behind his ear as he tilts his head to the side and really looks at me.

“Is your name really Monica?”

I look at the floor and tuck my hair behind my ears. I’m just too tired to lie.

“How did you know?”

He shrugs his shoulders and looks down.

“I guess you can say I can feel when someone’s telling the truth.”

“You don’t want to know my truth Max.”

“I saw the blood on your sleeve when you came in. I can see how scared you are, please tell me what happened to you.”

“We’ve been talking for four hours and you wait till now to ask why I have blood on my sleeve?”

One side of his mouth raises in a sarcastic smile as he lets out a nervous laugh.

“Well let’s just say I don’t feel very threatened by you. Why should I fear for my life or something?”

I start laughing at the irony of what he has just said when the reality sinks in and I fall apart.

His eyes widen as I begin to sob uncontrollably. He stands and walks towards me then stops as if he’s trying to make this big decision.

“Please can you just hold me? Just for a little while?”

He nods slowly and sits by me on the bed. I sigh as he places his warm arm around my shoulder and pulls me into his chest.

As if my life depended on it I get as close to him as I can.

He whispers against my hair as he brushes a tear from my cheek.

“Please tell me your real name.”

“My name is Liz, Liz Parker.”

He lifts my chin up so he can look in my eyes and begins to study me again.

“It’s going to be ok Liz.”

“I don’t think so Max.”

Staring into his warm eyes I can’t help but find the comfort I’m longing desperately for. I need to tell him, tell him everything.

Looking back at the floor I take his hand in mine and hold it tight. I want to remember how it feels to be close to someone before it's pulled away from me again.

“Max I have something to tell you.”
Last edited by jake17 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 12/13/08

Post by jake17 »

Janetfl: Hi Sweetie!! :D :D So funny reading your fb because I've been up all night again, its five am for me! :roll: So happy you like this! I always love reading your replies, thank you so much Jan!! :D
Natalie38: thank you so much Natalie, so to leave it where I did! :D
Keepsmiling: wow thanks for the bump! She tells him everything here.! :D
angelina: HI!! :D Max is definitely going to help her! thank you sweetie! :D
begonia9508: Hi Eve! I know another cliffhanger but you will get answers here! thank you! :D
Ken_r: Hi Ken! So happy you find this interesting! I hope I can keep that up! thank you! :D
L-J-L76: Hi sweetie! as always thanks for your questions, i do answer some here! :wink: :D
tinie38: HI Kris!!! So great to see you here! I missed you so much! So happy you like this! thank you! :D
destinyc: Hi destiny! I love protective Max too! :wink: thank you so much for being here!! :D
Lena7: So hoping you like this part Lena! thank you for you sweet fb! :D
Hunter: Hi Monica! Your banner is so inspirational! :wink: thank you my precious!! :D

Chapter 3.

“Max I have something to tell you.”

I can’t look at him as I begin to talk. I try hard to steady my voice but I start to shake so bad that it’s just impossible to control. I feel him pull me in tighter and I can’t help but feel safe. It’s killing me to know that after I’m finished he will be gone and I’ll be out on the street again. I just want to stay wrapped in his arms as long as possible.

“Max this is really difficult to say, I don’t know where to start.”

I close my eyes as his whispered calm voice blankets me in a warmth I’ve never really known.

“It’s ok just start at the beginning.”

Between my exhaustion and the beer my head is fuzzy with my nightmarish memories. As I open my mouth it all comes out in a crying strained pathetic tone.

“I guess it all started four years ago when my mother married Richard. He was ok at first, he seemed to really love my mom and we thought he wanted a family. He was very nice to me. I actually thought I was getting the father I never had. What I got was something entirely different.”

I wipe my tears dreading the next part. It was embarrassing and humiliating and I can’t help thinking that he will think that I could’ve or should’ve fought him off or sought out help but it’s not always that easy.

“Please Liz go on.”

“Well about three months after they were married he began to drink. He always had a few after work but it started to turn into much much more. That’s when the fights began. He was a mean scary drunk, they would argue and most of the time it would end with him smacking her around and him sleeping on the couch.”

My throat started to close up as I began to tell him the rest. I hid my face with my hands as if covering my face would somehow hide the shame.

“That’s when he started to come to my bedroom. I-I was so scared I was only 14 years old, I had no experience with…with. I-I could smell the alcohol on his breath as he…

“Liz it’s ok you don’t have to say anything else.”

I was startled how serious and dark his voice was, I could feel his hands curl into fists around me. His whole body was shaking I had no idea what was going through his mind, but I knew I had to continue.

He threatened me that if I told anyone he would kill my mother, his beatings were enough to convince me that he could and would if I didn’t do what he wanted.

Slowly I could feel Max’s hands release. He began to rub my shoulder slowly, gently helping me to go on, but the shaking didn’t stop he was obviously very upset.

“One night I was out with some friends, I was late getting home and I hoped maybe he would be passed out from drinking. I didn’t know what to think when I got home and the door was wide open. Then I saw him. He was lying on his back, his eyes were open wide, blood was everywhere. I-I know this is horrible but I checked his pulse. I actually wanted to make sure he was dead…that he couldn’t... hurt me anymore.”

Saying it out loud made it all too real and I began to cry uncontrollably, barely breathing he lifted my chin up to look into his eyes.

“Liz please you need to tell me the rest. Did the police come?”

Staring up at him I felt a strange sensation take over me. The pain was still there but it was like I was outside myself, removed from the situation. For some reason I felt like I could tell him anything, like I could trust him.

“Yes they came, they saw me over him, covered in his blood the gun on the floor by me, and my mom …my mom was no where.”

He raised his hand and cupped my cheek. Immediately I felt a comforting warm feeling spread throughout my body.

“They think you did it don’t they?”

I nodded slowly as my eyes began to close. Suddenly I was extremely sleepy.

“You didn’t tell them what happened because you wanted to protect your mother and now everyone is looking for you.”

I nod slowly as I feel my body being gently lowered to the bed.

For some reason I can’t explain I feel completely relaxed.

Just as I am about to fall asleep I feel that warm sensation again but this time it not warm it hot.

Starting from my head and continuing down my entire body I am on fire. There is no pain, no burning just this incredible heat, and for a brief moment I feel... loved.

Before I completely fall asleep I understand that I must be dreaming.

~~~~~~~~~

As I turn to my side and try to open my eyes I’m startled at my surroundings forgetting for a second where I am.

I can see Max in the corner of the room packing clothes into a large duffle bag. He’s moving very fast and is looking extremely distressed.

I clear my throat to talk wondering why I don’t have a hang over. I’m actually wondering why I feel as good as I do.

“Max?”

He turns quickly to face me as his very stressful expression changes to a friendly gentle smile.

Slowly he approaches me and kneels down by the bed.

“What are you doing?”

“Liz I don’t want to scare you, please believe me you are safe and there is nothing to worry about but-

In a second I am out of bed and looking around for my stuff.

“They found me didn’t they? Oh my god where’s my bag I-I have to go, I have to get out of here.”

“Liz wait-

Spotting what I assume is the bathroom I run in to wash last nights make up off so I can pull my hair back and wear my baseball hat. Since I have a body of a fourteen-year of old boy it was the only disguise I could think of.

“Please Liz-

I run past him and just miss his hand as he reaches out to stop me.

Turning the faucet on I cup my hands under the cool water and look into the mirror.

All the blood leaves my face as I stare in total disbelief at the girl looking back at me.

I am barely breathing as I run my hands through my now blonde long hair. My shaky fingers graze over my now pale face as I try to wrap my brain around what I am seeing. I look closer into the image and stare at my bright green eyes.

That’s when the room begins to spin and everything turns black.

Before I hit the floor I feel two arms lift me up and carry me to the bed once again.

Instantly a cool cloth is on my forehead and I can hear his soothing soft voice trying to calm me.

“W-What h-happened I don’t understand I-I –

“Shh Liz it’s ok you are fine. Everything’s going to be ok.”

“What did you do? How is this possible?”

As I look down at my long blonde hair that is resting on my shoulders he pulls me close to his body and holds me tight.

Feeling totally confused and crazy I grasp onto him as tight as I can.

“Liz I had to …change your appearance. Your story is all over the radio. Someone recognized you at the bus company in Connecticut. It’s only a matter of time before they trace you here. We have to get out of here. I know a place where we can go but we have to leave now.”

Shaking my head I pull away from him and wave my hands down in front of me.

“M-Max how did you…I mean what happened to me!”

Taking my hands in his he takes a deep breath and sighs.

“Liz, you’re not the only one with a secret to tell.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 4 12/26/08

Post by jake17 »

Monica
Keepsmiling
angelina
Eve
Jan
destiny
Natalie
IheartMax
Lena

thank you so much for your very sweet fb! :D

Chapter 4.

As we drive down the dark desert road I can’t help but stare down at my blonde hair that’s covering my shoulders.

“Are you alright?”

His husky soft voice reaches me and I’m lost as to how this is at all possible.

“Yeah, I guess. Max when are you going to tell me –

“As soon as we’re settled. I-I just had to get us away from that bar first… it wasn’t safe.”

I nod as I pull the visor down and stare at my green eyes in disbelief.

His hand covers mine interlocking our fingers as we turn onto a dirt road.

“Max where are we?”

“It’s a small Indian reservation. I have friends here, friends that know about …me. No one will come looking for us here.”

I silently nod as he squeezes my hand. I don’t know why but I feel so safe with him. I hardly know him but the way he looks at me I feel like …like for the first time in my life I’m not alone.

Max pulls up to a small old house that looks as if it’s been abandoned years ago. The windows are boarded up and there’s a condemned sign hanging over the front door.
I look up at him hesitatingly and he smiles.

“Don’t worry Liz Riverdog did this on purpose, it’s a disguise so no one comes around. It’s much better inside. I had to come here from time to time to get away from…

His eyes glance away from me as his voice trails off. I can see that he’s afraid to tell me what his secret is although I can’t imagine it’s worse than being accused of murder.

He pulls the jeep around back and takes our bags out. The house looks even worse from the back, the yard looks like a barren wasteland with abandoned old cars and junk littered everywhere.

I jump as he opens my door and holds his hand out for me.

“It’s ok Liz, come with me.”

I place my hand in his and jump onto the ground. Although my appearance has changed my gracefulness is still in tack as I stumble and lose my footing. Before I fall to my knees he’s there holding me in his arms and I suddenly forget how to breathe.

A moment or two passes where we just stare at each other. I can feel the heat coming off of him in waves as he looks into my eyes. I know this look now; he’s trying to read me I think. He’s concentrating so hard but on what I have no idea. All I can think about is what it would be like if he kissed me.

“Max my son, you made it.”

We quickly pull apart as an old Indian man approaches us holding his arms out for Max.

A huge smile covers Max’s face as he hugs this person who I am assuming is Riverdog.

“It’s good to have you back where you belong.”

“Now don’t start that again.”

“Well it is true you belong with people who understand you Max not traveling alone in this world.”

Max turns his attention to me I think as a way of changing the conversation.

“Liz this is my friend Riverdog,”

I hold my hand out to the long grey haired man and am shocked as he takes my face in his hands.

“I-It’s very nice to meet you.”

His head turns to the side as his eyes fill with tears.

“You have gone through many trials in this lifetime, the sparrow cries and the pale moon weeps for your pain. Max is a good boy he understands the dark ways of this world the way you do, he will protect you.”

I raise my eyebrows at Max feeling the need to be rescued.

Instantly Max gently pulls me away from his wrinkled shaky hands and puts his arm around me.

“Yes, well I think I should get her inside and settled I will come to your house tomorrow and we can… catch up.”

“I have left you some blankets and food Max don’t forget about the light, it’s very important-

“I remember what you’ve taught me don’t worry.”

“Good I will see the both of you tomorrow.”

As he disappears into the darkness I look up at Max for an explanation.

He smiles as he pulls an old green ripped tarp over the jeep.

“He’s a friend, he’s very … sensitive. I don’t know how but he can sometimes pick up on what people are feeling, “

“Like you.”

Max turns quickly towards me with a shocked look on his face.

“What do you mean Liz?”

I lean up against the jeep and hold my backpack close to this body that looks nothing like me.

“Max I know you can tell what I’m thinking.”

“Liz that’s crazy.”

“Max I’m two inches taller, my hair is blonde and my eyes are green.”

“I really think I passed crazy a few miles back.”

Max laughs before turning quickly and walking towards the house.

“I’m sorry I thought it would be the best for you. No one will recognize you this way.”

I follow him as he pulls some large wood planks off of a small door that’s covered by a fender.

“I wasn’t complaining, I just –

Suddenly I’m engulfed in darkness as I step into the house and hear the door close behind me.

“Max?”

“It’s ok, I’m right here.”

It’s so dark I can’t see my hand in front of my face. His arms are around my shoulders and I can feel his breath close to my ear. He’s standing behind me leading me further into the house.

“There’s a couch right in front of you, reach out you should be able to feel it now.”

I quickly sit down wrap my arms around myself. I hate the dark; he always came for me in the dark.

“Max do you have a flash light? I really can’t …um … the dark makes me very… uncomfortable.”

He puts a large warm quilt around my shoulders and sits down next to me.

Reaching out in front of him he lights a very small candle and places it on the floor.

It’s just enough light that I can make out the warm gold color of his eyes as he stares again at me.

“Reading my mind again.”

“Liz, I don’t read minds.”

“Well why don’t you tell me what you can do… please Max.”

He takes a deep breath and looks straight ahead as if he’s trying to find the right words. I don’t know why but I’m feeling that there really are no right words for what he’s about to tell me.

“Liz, I’m not from… here.”

“The reservation?”

“No.”

“Max what are you talking about.”

I look down at the floor as he moves the candle away from us. With his fingers he starts to make signs in the dust on the floor.

Tracing along the wooden planks he makes a line for the land and over it the moon and several stars. Far above the stars he makes a circular mark with his finger and looks at me.

“Max.”

“There’s nothing to be afraid of Liz. I’m just like you.”

“What do you mean you’re just like me? I don’t understand.”

“There was a crash. Riverdog found me walking in the desert when I was a child. He took me in. Taught me to hide my… abilities, how to disguise myself to fit in. He protected me raised me as his own..”

I look away and onto the floor to the map that he drew for me. I still think I’m missing something here.

I know he just didn’t tell me that he’s an…alien.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 5 12/27/08

Post by jake17 »

Lena
destiny
Jan
Eve (riverdog is sensitive, can pick up on peoples emotions, felt Liz's pain. She's not an alien, sorry if I made that confusing) :oops:

Working through a horrible writers block, thanks Jan for pushing me to write more! :wink:

Thanks for the fb!! :D

Chapter 5.

I touch my hair and my face wondering what this all means, wondering if I’ve just gone crazy.

“Liz-

Stumbling with only the tiny light of the tea candle I stand and walk through the darkness back to where I think I’ve come from.

“Please wait, you're going to get hurt.”

“I-I have to leave …I’m sorry I-I …

Waving my hands in front of me I try to find my way but I end up walking straight into a wall.

I press my forehead against the cool surface and start to feel the sting of tears come to my eyes. I have no idea where I am or what is going on, this is just too much. How can I believe what he is telling me?

Then he's there again. His warm hands are on my shoulders instantly as his soothing voice hovers over me. I squeeze my eyes shut feeling his mouth at my ear and sigh into his whispered soft deep tone.

“Liz please it’s not safe for you to leave.”

I press my hands against the rough wall as the tears stream down my face.

“I don’t understand.”

“Turn around.”

“Max.”

“Please.”

His hands never leave me as I turn to face him.

“I can’t see you.”

His hands leave my shoulders and smooth up the sides of my neck to cradle my face.

“Yes but I can see you.”

“I’m cold.”

Max pulls me into his chest and wraps his arms around me. His hands are on fire as he rubs my back. I can hear his heart beating so fast and suddenly a million questions flood my mind. I know fear and I don’t fear him, not from the moment we met.

“I don’t …you need to explain … this to me.”

I can feel him nodding as he leads me back to the couch.

“Where exactly are you from?”

“I don’t know.”

His voice his shaky as if he’s afraid of saying something wrong, something that’s going to scare me.

“The only memories I have are of walking in the desert alone, it was Riverdog that told me about the crash.”

“You said that before, what crash?”

“There was a c-craft or a ship, the Air force gave statements saying it was one of there’s but –

“But it was... you.”

“Yes. Riverdog said that the area was blocked off for weeks. By the time they were through nothing was left. This is what he told me, all I remember is being cold and alone.”

“Riverdog took me in as one of his own, he knew what they would do if they ever found me.”

“If who ever found you?

Max shook his head and looked away.

“I went to school here on the reservation, I never left. All I knew of the world existed in the boundaries of these people. I never really fit in here, some of the others where afraid treated me like I was…

“An alien?”

“Yeah I guess.”

I rested my hand on his knee suddenly feeling the need to comfort him. I could feel his loneliness his isolation.

“At seventeen I packed my stuff and caught a ride to the nearest town. I worked at a diner until I made enough money to get a bus ticket to Albuquerque. I wanted to start my own life, maybe go to college even but then the accident happened.”

“What accident.”

He leaned back against the couch and out of the light of the candle. His hands fisted at his side and I could feel his body stiffen as he spoke.

“The driver fell asleep, he lost control of the bus it was raining, raining so hard I could barely see. The bus skidded and flipped over. It was so loud, the glass breaking the metal twisting. And then silence.”

“Were you hurt?”

Suddenly the fact that he was an alien didn’t matter to me. He seemed more human at that moment then most of the people that drifted in and out of my life.

“No, but there was this little boy, he was lying in the back of the bus all alone. He must’ve been thrown from his seat. He had a piece of glass sticking out of his stomach. There was blood everywhere he was so scared. I could see it in his eyes; he was going to die. He couldn’t have been more that six or seven. I looked around no one was conscious I was careful but I had to work fast he was loosing too much blood. “

“What do you mean you had to work fast? What did you do?”

“I healed him.”

“You can…

“It’s not that different from what I did to you, I manipulated the molecules in his body, healed the tissue, stopped the bleeding. I knew I had to leave before he told anyone. I stood up and that’s when I saw him. There was this …man at the front of the bus he was staring at me, I knew he was one of them.”

“One of them?”

“One of the people that work for the government, that hunt down…

Max rubbed his forehead in frustration; I could tell this was very hard for him.

“It’s ok you don’t have to-

“No you need to know.”

“Need to know what Max?”

“That there are people after me too.”

“By After you, you mean?”

“I mean if they find me they will put me in a tiny room for the rest of my life and preform sadistaic experiments on me.”

This was the first time I ever heard him raise his voice. He stood quickly kicking over the candle and walked into the darkness and away from me!

For a moment I couldn't see or hear anything. I reached out in front of me and called out to him as the darkness enveloped me again.

“Max please, where are you? I can’t see, please don’t go.”

I pulled me knees up to my chest and closed my eyes.

“Max!”

Suddenly his hands were on my knees pulling them down.

“Shh it’s ok, I’m here. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to lose control like that.”

“The light”

“It’s ok I’ve got it.”

Within seconds a small white glow appears in front of me. It was Max. He held his hands in between us as the light pierced threw his fingers lighting up his beautiful face.

We are so close I can see him staring at my heart that is beating so fast it’s making my sweatshirt pulse.

I look down to what he sees and quickly put his mind at ease.

”I’m not afraid of you.”

“I know.”

“You know?”

“I know why your heart is beating so fast, why your hands are shaking and your lips are…

His voice trails off as he touches my face and brushes his thumb across my bottom lip.

“I know …what you want.”

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 6 1/30/08

Post by jake17 »

Keepsmiling7: Carolyn thank you so much for being here! Your fb always brings a smile to my face. I"m so happy you like this. :D
Natalie36: I am so happy you see this story that way nat. thank you so much! :D
Jan: Jan your constant support is such a gift thank you so so much! :D
angelina: It wouldn't be the same if you did read my fics angelina, thank you! :D
Eve: no one leaves fb like you! :D I always breath a sigh a relief when I see you here. :D
destiny: Hi sweetie! thank you so much for what you wrote about my last lines, you are so sweet! thank you so much for being here. :D
Lena x2: once again it is a true honor for me that you like my stories Lena, thank you so much for wanting more of this. :D
Monica: Hello my precious girl thank you for your complement and allowing me to make up this fantastic dream. your banner truly inspired me :wink: :D
IheartMax: Seashell this part is for you. although either of us would never ever stop him :wink: your just the best!! :D

Chapter 6.

“I know… what you want.”

I swallow hard feeling almost exposed. Can he really feel the desire that is building inside me? Can he sense the ache that is pulsing deep within me?

I lower my head in embarrassment; I have never allowed myself to get to this point with anyone.

Affection in my life has been twisted into an evil hurtful emotion, one that I had never control over.

It had been forced upon me with rough callous hands and alcohol stained breath. My memories of lying in my bed praying for him to pass out or my mother to come looking for him as he gripped me still linger in my head and my darkest nightmares.

I swore that I would never trust anyone, never allow anyone to touch me again.

So why do I want him so badly?

Why can’t I stop imaging how his lips would taste or how his hands would feel against my skin?

I can’t help feeling a connection with him, that he understands my loneliness, my isolation from the rest of the world.

He whispers to me again and I am dizzy, lightheaded from his soft deep voice. My breathing is fast and shaky and I think even if he couldn’t read my thoughts he’d know what I was feeling.

“It's ok Liz.”

The sound of my name from his lips is so soothing, so comforting I wish he wouldn’t stop. I wish he’d pull me in his arms and touch me. I want to breathe him in. I want to feel his hands on me… my head is spinning …god I need to feel him… oh god please just –

“Fuck Liz.”

The sound of his raspy desperate voice is muffled as he parts my lips and urgently begins to kiss me.

His hands are knotted threw my hair as he passionately pulls my head back giving him more excess to my neck.

My eyes drift shut as I feel his hot breath along my skin. His fiery kisses have made their way to skin just above my shirt.

A deep groan hums against my body as his hand releases my hair and begins to lift border of my shirt up.

His fingertips are burning hot against my ribs.

I gasp as his thumb lifts the cup of my bra and strokes the curve of my breast.

As if an electrical shock has jolted me I realize how fast this is going and I grab his hand.

“Wait, please.”

My voice cracks as I pant against his chest and reluctantly stop him.

Max immediately pulls away and moves to the side of me. His leg is flush agaisnt mine and the little contact is making me shake. I look at him wondering what he must think of me. Wondering if he is disappointed.

His head is resting in his hands. I can't read him.

I immediately feel guilty as if I had done something wrong. I want him it’s true but not like this, not so fast. I’m not even sure how he really feels about me. What if this is all he wants. What if he has seen his chance in his lonely world to have someone, what if it has nothing to do with me.

“Is that what you really think Liz?”

I raise my head in his direction with wide eyes wondering if he really knew what I was thinking.

“What?”

“It’s true that I’m lonely Liz, but I’ve learned to live this way. I learned to live without love. It’s actually easy when you get used to it, and much safer. When you close your feelings off no one can hurt you. Believe me Liz... this is much harder.”

“Then why did you-

I jump as he takes me in his arms and lifts my chin up making sure he has my full attention.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be so …forceful. I didn’t intend on going so fast.”

“Then why?”

“Liz I can feel how much you want me, your heart was pounding, your body was hot and flushed … you were calling out for me. I lost control for a minute, I wasn’t expecting ...it won’t happen again.”

With that he stood and walked into the darkness and away from me.

“Max wait, I’m sorry. Please don’t go.”

It the blackness I could hear him going through his duffle bag. He replaced the candle on the floor lighting up his dark eyes once more.

"You don't have to apologize Liz, there's nothing wrong with going slow."

I watch in fascination as he pulls his shirt from his body arranges a blanket on the floor next to me.

His well-defined muscles that change shape every time he moves mesmerizes me.

I tried to tear my eyes away from him now that I know he can feel my emotions but the sheer beauty of him makes it almost impossible.

It was as if he was carved from stone from an artist who wanted to capture the essence of a real man.

A man who would never use his might to force his needs upon someone.

He held a quiet graceful strength in such a way that you didn’t fear his power. Instead you knew you were safe in his presence. I felt as if he would protect me until his last breath.

I wonder silently about his many tattoos as I slide down into a lying position on the couch and hug the small pillow he has given me.

“Did it hurt?”

“Did what hurt?”

I couldn’t resist smiling a little at his question.

“I thought you knew my every thought.”

His face was serious as he momentarily looks up in my direction.

“I have to be touching you Liz, there has to be a connection for me to …look you should really get some rest. We’ll talk more in the morning.”

“I’m not going to be able to sleep, please tell me, I’m curious, did your tattoos hurt.”

“Yes.”

“So why put yourself through the pain.”

“Because I needed reminders, I needed to remember who I was.”

“Why?”

“So I don’t get involved. They remind me of my place in this world.”

“Which is?”

“Liz please go to sleep.”

“Tell me.”

I let the pillow go and stand close to him. He wont keep eye contact with me and I’m not sure why.

Gently I touch one of his tattoos is placed along the indent of his hip bone. I can feel him shiver under my fingertips and pull away worried that my hand is too cold. A quick glance of his amber eyes tells me that it's not the temperature of my skin but my touch that is making him tremble.

“What does this one mean?”

I hover just over his skin outlining the dark black lines that disappear beneath his jeans.

His breathing is harsh in my ear as he takes my hand and puts it to my side.

“In the morning, we’ll talk in the morning. Please try and go to sleep.”

His expression is more of a plea then a request and I feel suddenly guilty for prying. We all have our secrets, no one knows that better then me.

As I lie against the rough fabric of the couch I can hear the unsteady rhythm of his breathing and wonder if he is sleeping.

Fear rises to the surface as I lay in the dark room that is so far away from my home.

Through the darkness I hear his whisper. It somehow calms my nerves and lulls me into a deep sleep.

"Sleep now Liz. I'm here no one is going to hurt you."

"I'm here."
Last edited by jake17 on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 7 2/28/09

Post by jake17 »

Eve
Keepsmling7 x2
destiny
Natalie
Lena
monica
Jan
angelina
darkmoon

thank you for all you amazing sweet fb...I can't get over how sweet you all are. A special thank you to keepsmiling7 Carolyn for getting me to write...I owe you! :)

Chapter 7

My eyes flash open at the noise coming from the kitchen and all my muscles tense.

Pulling the covers up over my ears I stare at the slit of light that is glowing from underneath my door.

Tears fill my eyes as I begin to see the doorknob slowly turn. Quickly I turn my face into the pillow and pretend to sleep.

The sound of the door opening is deafening and I begin to plead to god to save me.

The prayers go unanswered as I feel the bed dip down from the weight of his body.

“Princess?”

I lay as still as my pounding heart permits me hoping that he will give up and go away.

I begin to shake as I feel his cold hands slide underneath the covers and onto the inside of my thigh.

His touch causes me to pull my leg away as I scurry to the edge of the bed.

“P-Please not tonight. I’m not feeling well.”

“Oh princess you shouldn’t try to fool me. Little girls play games like pretend not grown up women like you.”

“No! Please Don’t!!”

“Liz it’s ok I’ve got you.”

“What? But I-

“Shh it was just a dream.”

I am covered in a cold sweat and enveloped in Max’s arms when I finally realize it was a nightmare.

Struggling to catch my breath I look over at my long blonde hair that is spread across his chest.

Gently he brushes the wet yellow locks away from my face and effortlessly lifts me into his arms and takes my place on the couch while keeping me snug against his body.

I immediately feel his warmth as he presses me close to him. All of the fight leaves me as I give in and relax into his embrace.

Still as hard as I try I can’t erase the imagines that are flooding my mind now.

Like still photos in my memory I can see his face, his hands and what they’re doing to me.

I shiver with fear as I try to get even closer to Max in an attempt to escape my past.

I turn my face into his smooth skin as his velvet whispered voice drifts down over me.

“Please stop.”

Confused I lift my now green eyes up towards him. I’m surprised by what I see looking back at me.

A look a pain has seeped into his warm gentle eyes. His jaw is clenched and he’s shaking with an emotion I can’t seem to read.

“What? Stop what Max?”

He swallows hard and looks past me unable to hold my stare.

“Stop thinking of him. I can’t take it anymore. I can’t stand to see you hurt.”

Suddenly he lifts me up and pulls me against him in a tight hug. I can hear his erratic breath in my ear as he rubs my back trying his hardest to sooth me.

His touch is so different then anything I’ve ever known. I can feel how much he cares how much he wants to protect me. He embraces me as if I am fragile… precious almost.

I feel valued... important. This is so unfamiliar to me its shocking. I close my eyes and wonder if this is how it is for normal people.

“If he wasn’t already dead I would fucking kill him.”

“Max.”

“I’m sorry I can’t help it …I just …I’m so sorry Liz.”

“I’m ok …it’s just that these dreams make it all seem so real...like he's still here.”

I lay my head back down on his chest and stare at the demon that is painted across his ribs.

“You're not …you know that right.”

I smile and let my fingers trace the horns that are rising from the beast’s head that is tattooed on his side.

“Max if you insist on reading my thoughts you’ve got to speak to me in complete sentences. I’m not what?”

He presses his lips on top of my head as he cups my cheek and sighs.

“I’m sorry… I shouldn’t be doing that at all. It’s just so hard to control …I can’t block it out. I don’t mean to invade your privacy Liz. I would never-

He shivers as my fingertips touch a particular sensitive spot and stops talking.

”Max? Please finish … what am I not?”

“Your not responsible …for his death…for what he did.”

My voice was small and full of guilt as I whispered against his heated skin.

“I should’ve been stronger. I could’ve stopped him. I let him –

“Liz nothing that happened was your fault. He manipulated you …preyed on your innocence.”

“Well... I’m not innocent anymore.”

Before I could finish my sentence he had my face in his hands and was staring deep into my eyes with a look of urgency.

“What you have inside … what makes you special …beautiful to this world…. Beautiful to me… no one can take that away from you.”

My mouth falls open not knowing what to say as he strokes my cheek.

“Max why are you doing this? Why did you protect me, change my identity. You put yourself in danger… I don’t understand .”

He shook his head like this is so obvious he amazed that I don’t see it.

“I fell in love with you the minute you walked in the bar Liz.”

I tried to lower my head embarrassed by his omission but he holds me firm as he continues.

“When I took the money for the food I touched your hand and ...I saw it …I felt it so strong it took my breath away.”

I began to tremble as we moved closer together. I could almost taste his mouth as he leaned into me.

“What Max … what did you see.”

“Your heart.”

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 8 4/11/09

Post by jake17 »

thank you so much for all your fb!
Carolyn you are so incredibly sweet, thank you for getting me to write.

Chapter 8.

“My heart?”

His head tilts to the side his face displays a look of empathy knowing I have no idea what he’s talking about.

Slowly, tenderly pulls me up with him as he sits up on the couch.

Pulling me in close he wraps his arms around me and puts his mouth to my ear.

“It’s open for everyone to see, I’ve never been able to feel someone’s emotions so clear so strong. You love without condition, without judgment. It’s pure and beautiful even after all the pain, all the betrayal. You don’t close yourself off, I don’t even think you could if you wanted to. It makes me want to protect you, watch over you.”

I look down away from his eyes that are so sincere. I don’t know what to say or think, I just am terrified that somehow I will lose him. I’m so afraid to feel all the feelings that are forcing their way to the surface for him.

I know how to keep him. I know what men want.

I begin to lift my shirt up before I feel his hands on mine haulting my intentions.

“What are you doing Liz?”

My voice struggles for the confidence to prove to him that I want to give myself to him.

“I-I want to …please you.”

Falling to his knees in front of me he takes a moment to breath through the anger that is obviously coursing threw him.

Through clenched teeth he growls almost trying to keep his temper in check.

“What did that monster do to you?”

Feeling the sting of rejection I push past him and walk as best as I can in the darkness so he can’t see my face.

“You don’t want me?”

Suddenly his hands are on my arms and I can feel the hard muscles of his chest against my back.

“I’ve never wanted anyone more in my life.”

“Then why?’

“You forget I can feel what your feeling.”

Frustrated by having him know my every thought I move away from him just far enough so his hands fall away from my arms.

“I’m sorry if that upsets you. I can see how it would but I’m not going to make love to you because you feel you have to.”

My face burns with embarrassment.

“You’re wrong, you’re alien perception or whatever it is off. I’m not a child and I don’t appreciate being treated like one.”

“Liz-

“I’m going to sleep, I don’t feel like talking anymore.”

Lying on the couch I close my eyes tight and pretend to sleep. His words float around my head refusing to leave no matter how hard I push them away. I can feel him on the floor beside me and wonder what he must be thinking now. Surely his feelings have changed about me now. Exhaustion finally wins over my busy mind as I drift to sleep, but I can still feel him next to me…quietly sitting there.

````````````

“Child it is morning dear please don’t be frightened.”

I hear an elderly woman’s voice in my head as I slowly open my eyes to see a white haired Indian woman hunched over with a brightly colored blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

Quickly I sit up panicking as I look around for Max.

”He is with Riverdog, he will be back soon, please come with me.”

I timidly follow her grabbing my backpack across the woods on a path that I assume is leading to her house.

With a friendly smile she points to the bathroom and hands me fresh towels.

“Take as long as you need, when you are finished there will be a hot meal waiting for you in the kitchen. Max should be back by then.”

I open my mouth to ask her another question but she politely nods and disappears into another room closing the door behind her.

Standing in the shower I watch as the water swirls around the drain and disappears. I bend my head back and sigh as the hot water streams down my still shockingly blonde hair. I don’t even know who I am anymore.

After washing away the dirt and grim of the past two days I begin to notice how my body has changed.

It wasn’t just my hair color and eyes that were different. I have curves in places that didn’t exist before and my breasts were larger. I close my eyes wondering if I still was the same person inside.

Leaning against the cool tile I suddenly felt the pain hit me. Would I ever see my mother again? Would I ever be normal, would I have to run forever?

What hits me the most is the horrible loss of not having Max with me.

Black spots began to appear before my eyes as I felt the world disappear beneath my feet.

I could hear my name in the distance like a far away echo. I couldn’t move could think. I enjoyed the silence it was peaceful…quiet.

And then it was over.

My eyes fluttered open in time to see Max running towards me.

Like I was a feather he lifts me up in his arms and holds me close against his chest.

Happiness fills me as I touch his face. He’s here, he didn’t leave me after all.

“What happened?”

I watch confused as he slides down to the floor and leans his head against the wall closing his eyes.

His breathing is erratic his heart hammering away, I can feel it as I hold my hand up to it.

“Max?”

He swallows hard as he grabs for a large white towel and covers me with it.

It’s then that I realize that I’m wet and naked in his arms.

“You passed out.”

His hoarse tone stirs something deep inside me as he finally opens his eyes and looks into mine.

“You’re shaking Max.”

I feel warmth spreading through my body, I want him to touch me. It’s not a ploy or a trick to keep him this time. I want to feel his hands on me. I want to know what it’s like to be touched by someone who loves me.

My breath becomes uneven as I touch his hand and slowly move it higher between my thighs.

“Liz please don’t do this to me.”

His strangled tone tells me all I need to know, he wants this too.

My eyes plead with him to continue as his fingers glide over the droplets of water on my heated skin.

A rush of liquid pools between my legs and I gasp at the urgency I feel.

His eyes grow dark with desire leaving behind the warmth of his amber glow.

I gasp as his lips come crashing down on mine. My arm wraps around his neck causing the towel to fall to the floor.

Passionately his kiss deepens and I moan with pleasure feeling his thumb gently graze over my core.

“Max is everything ok in there?”

The sound of Riverdog’s voice snaps him back in control as he quickly grabs the towel and sets me on my feet.

“She passed out, everything’s fine she just needs to eat.”

I step closer to him and put my hand on his chest nuzzling his neck with my mouth.

“I don’t think that’s what I need.”

“I put some clean clothes on the hamper. They might be too big but they’ll do for now. Come out when you’re ready. We’ve got a long drive ahead of us.”

“Wait Max-

“We’ll talk in the car.”

When I came out of the bathroom Max was busy packing our supplies. There was a plate of eggs and bacon on the table and the best coffee I’ve ever had.

After a long period of silence Max looked over in my direction and slung a large duffle bag over his shoulder.

“I’ll meet you in the car when your finished.”

“Max?”

Feeling as if something was wrong I dumped my half eaten food in the garbage and pulled the light blue sweatshirt I assumed was for me over my head and ran out the door.

As I jumped in the car it immediately took off the road.

“Don’t be alarmed Liz.”

I immediately reached for the door handle when I saw the man sitting next to me was not Max.

“Who are you!”

I turned back to see Max still standing outside the small house looking up at me.

“What’s going on? Who are you!”

“Please just calm down and listen. My name is Eddie, I’m Riverdog’s nephew. The police found your drivers license at the bar. They know you're in the area.-

“But they won’t know it’s me, Max changed-

“Yes I know but Max has gone missing too. They think he is on the run with you. They are looking for him now. It’s all over the news. Unfortunately it has alerted others who have been watching him too.”

“I don’t understand …where are you taking me?”

“Max has to take care of a few things. I’m taking you to a place in the mountains that only people on the reservation know about. No one will look for you two there.”

“But Max will be there?”

“Yes by tonight or early tomorrow he’ll meet you there.”

~~~~~~~~

I was quiet the entire trip, I couldn’t understand why Max didn’t tell me any of this himself or what was so important he had to stay behind. All I knew is I didn’t feel safe and now because of me Max wasn’t safe either.

The cabin was heavily hidden by a thick forest, it was at least a two hour hike by foot through a small path just to get there.

Eddie didn’t say a word, he ignored all my questions as if he was ordered to and promptly left after lighting the woodstove and showing me where everything was.

The cabin consisted of two rooms. One large room with a small kitchen with table and chairs and a living room with a large woodstove with plenty of wood.

Feeling exhausted I wandered into the other room. There was a large bed and two dressers.

I stripped down to my tee shirt and panties and climbed under the covers. I sighed as my head hit the large pillow.

I had no idea what time it was when I heard the noises coming from outside.

My heart jumped as I heard my name.

He was here.

I ran as fast as I could to the front door and stopped as soon as I saw his face.

He looked tired and distraught.

“What is it? What happened?”

He remained quiet as I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him close.

“It’s ok you don’t tell me anything tonight.”

He held me tighter as if thanking me for my understanding.

Releasing him I took his hand and led him into the bedroom.

Feeling him stop I pulled harder.

“I just want you to lay with me. Your not sleeping on the couch. I insist.”

He looked too upset to argue as he sat on the bed and stared at the ground.

I took off his boots and his shirt knowing that he wouldn’t let me do much else and pulled the covers over him.

Getting in I laid behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

He was shaking.

Whatever had happened was bad …and I had a feeling it was far from over.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 8 4/11/09

Post by jake17 »

angelina
destiny
Jan x2
Keepsmiling x2
Monica
darkmoon
Jessah x2

Thank you so much for your sweet fb! I"m so sorry this took so long to update!!

Chapter 9.

It was hours before Max surrendered to exhaustion and fell asleep.

I wrapped my arms around him and molded my body to his willing myself to stay awake. I wanted to just enjoy having him there with me. Holding him, smelling his skin that no longer bared his tattoos

It felt safe being close to him. I felt warm and protected even though I knew something was very wrong.

Since the beginning I have never seen Max act this way. He seemed too frightened for words; I couldn’t imagine what had happened to him to make him this way.

I squeezed him tight as I listened to the coyotes howling outside, something inside me felt like it was my turn to be the protector tonight.

That was the last thought I had before opening my eyes and seeing the empty space in front of me.

“Max?”

Softly I whispered as I ran through the house and out the front door that was left wide open.

My heart hammered away as I ran across the moonlit field to where the thick woods began. Again I cried out for him louder this time.

“Max!”

My body stiffened as a large hand came out from behind me and covered my mouth.

Violently I fought back as the large body pulled me backwards.

My screams were muffled as I felt myself being lifted right off my feet.

“Shh Liz it’s me….Max.”

With great ease he carried me back into the cabin and closed the door before letting me go.

Gasping for air I backed away from him.

“Why did you do that? You scared me!”

Carefully he pulled back the red and white checked curtains and peered outside.

“I’m sorry Liz I had to get you inside.”

“Please Max you have to tell me what’s going on.”

His eyes stayed focused on the woods in front of him as he whispered slowly.

“Riverdog …

His voice cracked as he angrily punched the wall and fell into the kitchen chair. I watched in silence as he covered his face with his hands. Fearing the worst I sat close to him and gently touched his shoulder.

“Did something happen to him?”

Slowly Max nodded as his fingers gripped his hair tighter.

“They killed him…he’s dead.”

Seconds passed by and I just sat there stunned. I moved my hands to his and pulled them away from his face. He looked lost, like a little boy.

Knowing there was no fight left in him I slid onto his lap and put my arms around him.

“No it’s not.”

His firm tone surprised me, then I realized we were touching and he could read my thoughts.

“Yes it is Max.”

Tears rolled down my face knowing that I had caused Max so much pain. I had taken away the only person could depend on.

My stepfather was right. Everything I touch I ruin.

“That’s enough.”

Roughly Max pulled me up and sat me on the kitchen table facing him.

“The government has been watching me for years Liz, it was only a matter of time before they tracked me down.”

“So it wasn’t the police?”

Max looked back towards the window as if he was waiting for something to appear.

“No, the police are no longer the issue here. They know we’re together. The government or this special branch of the government has made your case disappear. The police are not after you anymore. Or at least the you you used to be.”

Confused I touched his chin forcing him to look at me again.

“I don’t understand, why aren’t they looking for me?”

Max gazed down at the floor looking like he was searching for a way to break some horrible news to me.

“There is no easy way to say this Liz.”

I sighed impatiently and held his shoulders moving him closer between my legs.

“Then just say it.”

His eyes found mine again as he began to tell me of my death.

“I went back to my apartment while Eddie drove you up here. I had to get some information I had gathered through the years on where I might have come from. I had completely forgot about it. It was too dangerous to bring you with me and I knew you would put up a fight so I had to trick you."

He tried to muster a small smile which quickly gave away to a sad lonely expression.

"I'm sorry about that Liz, I didn't mean to upset you."

Nodding I stoked his hair fearing what was behind those desperate golden eyes of his.

"I found tiny cameras stashed throughout the bar and my room upstairs. They had been watching me the whole time... I didn’t even know it.”

“Max… oh my god!”

“Yeah, and I gave them a real show too. I’m sure me changing you was the biggest thing to happened since I came to this planet.”

“So they know.”

Max nodded slowly before pulling some wrinkled pictures from his pocket.

“I found these on Riverdog…stuffed in his hands.”

I looked at the three pictures with part fascination and part horror knowing what this meant for the both of us.

They were all transitional shots of me. One with dark hair but with green eyes, another I was almost changed except for my body and the last was a view of what I look like now.

A numbness slowly washed over me as he began to talk again.

“It’s all over the news Liz. Apparently you were killed while resisting arrest in the desert.”

”What?”

"Yeah, you pulled a gun on an officer and everything."

His voice was dripping with sarcasim and rage and all I could think about was my mom. My mom thinks I'm dead.

“Liz they know you're with me and what I did. They don’t care about what happened to some drunken molesting asshole that’s been in and out of jail. Saving the world from evil aliens who are bent on over taking the world is much more important to them. So they made you vanish. As far as the world is concern you’re…

“Dead.”

“Yeah.”

“Wait what about Riverdog?”

Max pounded his fists on the table before looking back up into my eyes.

“They tortured him Liz.”

I could see him trying to fight back the tears as he clenched his jaw.

“He was a kind old man…never hurt a soul in his life and they beat him to death. They left the pictures with him to let me know they are after me, that they know. That even though Riverdog wouldn’t tell them where I was they would find me.”

Slowly I slid off the table and onto his lap again. I desperately needed to feel his arms around me. That feeling of being safe was quickly fading away.

“Max… what are we going to do?”

I could feel his unsteady breath on my neck as his grip became tighter.

“I don’t know Liz.”

"I don't know."
Last edited by jake17 on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Tender is the Night (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 9 6/17/09

Post by jake17 »

Darkmoon
destiny :wink: hope you don't mind I ran with your idea :wink:
angelina
Natalie
Carolyn
begonia
Monica
singerchic 4
Lena
Jan

thank you all so much for your fb!! Sorry this took so long, I had to write this very fast, hope you all forgive my mistakes. :oops:

Chapter 10

As dawn peeked over the mountain my eyes fought to open against the bright glow of the sun shining threw the window.

Looking down at the bed and the empty space I could hear the shower running in the bathroom.

Surprised that I was able to fall asleep after hearing of my death and the danger we were both in I rose to my feet and prayed that instant coffee was a staple of Indian culture.

As I walked passed the small mirror in the hall I stopped dead in my tracks.

Feeling the blood drain from my face I looked back at the stranger peering back at me.

My pale white skin was framed with long curly reddish brown hair that swept over my now bright blue eyes.

“Oh my god.”

I noticed that I was even more voluptuous then before as I gazed down at my breasts that strained against my shirt.

My face flames with embarrassment then quickly to curiosity as I smooth my hands over my curvy hips.

All at once I picture him leaning over me with his hands glowing as he once again transformed me into someone else.

I smile into the mirror fascinated by my new body knowing that he was the one that sculpted and formed me.

I wondered to myself if this is the type of woman he was attracted to, if he made me in this image on purpose.

It was such an erotic feeling knowing he was had his hands on me in such an intimate way while I slept completely unaware of what he was doing.

I couldn't help but image how he really felt.

“So this is what you like?”

“It was necessary.”

From out of no where a deep sultry voice whispers to me.

I jump and turn quickly around to see a stranger standing at the end of the hall.

Holding his hands up in the air in an attempt to calm me Max quickly explained.

“It’s me, it’s me Liz.”

I back up against the wall stunned beyond belief as he begins to walk towards me.

He was taller than before, by at least a foot with dirty blonde hair that fell over his emerald green eyes.

I don’t know what was more jolting the total change to his identity or the fact that this incredibly handsome man was standing before me soaking wet with a tight towel fitted just below his waist.

Without shame or much restraint I follow the droplets of water as they make their way down his smooth golden muscular stomach.

“Liz?”

Shaking my head I look back up at his eyes that although were beautiful didn’t hold a candle to the honey shade I had grown to love so much.

“Wow, you were busy last night.”

Smiling shyly at me he ran his fingers threw his golden hair and rubbed my shoulder.

“I’m sorry I didn’t let you in on what I was going to do, it works much faster and easier when the person is very relaxed. I wasn’t sure how you would handle it, and it was necessary, time is not on our side.”

Nodding I tear my eyes away from him and gaze back at myself twirling my amber hair around my fingers admiring his work.

“So is this the kind of girl you’re attracted to.”

I flash down at my cleavage and back at him quickly not giving him time to fake a reaction.

“Don’t be silly Liz, I was just trying to come up with something completely different so no one would recognize you.”

I walk past him making sure to brush my hand slightly against his hip and smile to myself as he flinches and tenses up.

“Yeah those FBI guys are so slick, changing my breast size will definitely throw them off our trail.”

Hearing a shaky sigh Max disappears into the bedroom shutting the door behind him.

My smile disappears as I enter the kitchen and see the broken window and the curtains that were blowing in the air.

“Max!”

Within seconds he is behind me holding me up against his chest by my shoulders.

“What?! What’s wrong!”

I point so scared to even speak at the window as tears roll down my cheeks.

Max runs to the window and inspects the damage. Letting out a deep breath he rests his hands on the sink to steady himself before turning to me.

“It’s ok Liz, it’s just a bird. It must’ve been disoriented and crashed into the window seeing the reflection of the sky.”

Although his words should’ve calmed me just the opposite occurs. All at once I realize that this is our life now. Always living in fear, always having to be on the run.

Just then the room begins to spin and darken as I feel my feet leave the floor.

Within seconds I am in his strong arms and resting my head against his bare chest as the steady rhythm of his heart brings me back.

As my eyes focus on his face that on the surface is so different my heart sees the kind man that has saved me time and time again.

“This is becoming a habit with you.”

His wide sweet grin is there to calm me I know but my fear is too overwhelming. It’s like ice cold water in my veins paralyzing and powerful.

I can see the change in his expression as he feels my terror and reads my mind.

This time I want him to know exactly what I am thinking.

The time for his relentless control and painful distance to end, I needed to feel the love I knew was deep within him for me. I could see it every time he looked at me and with every touch.

I didn’t say a word as I reached up and wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders snuggling closer to him.

I buried my face in his neck and gently let my lips graze his heated skin.

God he was on fire.

His heart was beating at such a pace I thought it would burst from his chest.

I could feel his resolve crumbling.

My shaky breath caught in my throat as he rose to his feet lifting up in his arms crushing me against his hard body.

My eyes slid closed feeling that finally I was going to get my way.

At last he was going to make love to me.
Last edited by jake17 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.