Destiny or Love or is it the Same Thing? TEEN/MAT {COMPLETE}

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

THanks for the feedback! Yes it was a short goodbye with Ava but just because she is dead doesn't mean that is the last we have seen of her. Her ghost just might have to pop up at some point!

Here's the next part for ya.

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Part 28 One week later

Liz walked down to the lake on the base. She found Karen sitting there staring out at the water.

“How are you doing?” asked Liz as she sat down.
“I failed. My job was to keep Ava alive and I didn’t.”
“Karen, you didn’t fail. Ava knew what she was doing. She knew that if she didn’t do what she did that her sister would have killed me. Serena and Nicholas weren’t strong enough to protect me from her. Karen, you did a good job of raising her. But you should have told her what she was like on Antar.”
“Liz how do you think she would have felt knowing that she was the one that let the people that killed all of you into the palace?”
“She started to remember you know.”
“She did? Why didn’t she say anything?”
“Because she was scared that history could repeat it’s self. There is a saying here on Earth. Those who don’t learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.”
“She didn’t want it to repeat it’s self did she?”
“No, and to do that she killed her sister and herself. Karen what do you know about the prophecy?”
“Not much other than it talks about the Royal Court. Other than that I can’t tell you anything.”

Liz sat staring out at the water. Karen watched her young Queen. She knew that none of these kids needed this. But without them Antar was doomed. But the fact that they were sent to earth to protected them put earth in danger from Kivar as well. Both were lost in thought and didn’t here the woman come up to them. Karen looked up and met her eyes.

“Lady Trinity?”
“Karza let me talk to Liz alone for a few minutes.”
“Right. See you around Liz.” said Karen leaving.
“Liz mind if I sit down?” asked Trinity
“No.”
“You know who I am don’t you?”
“Yes. You’re my mother from Antar.”
“Yes. Liz you’re a strong woman.”
“I know. I was wondering what you can tell me about the prophecy?”
“The prophecy? Where did you here about that?”
“Ava mentioned it right before she died. She said something like the Royal Court would not save Antar. The prophecy would.”
“The prophecy said that eight will be reborn and sent to a distanced world. One will give their life to save another. One thought to be a protector will join the remaining seven and peace will come to Antar once more.” said Trinity
“What does it mean?”
“No one knows. But it has already started to come true. The only question is who is the protector talked about in it.”
“It’s Serena. Don’t ask me how I know but I know.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yeah. The fun part is going to be getting her to believe it.”
“That will be hard. But Liz I know that you can do it.”
“Thanks.”

Liz stared out at the water and let her mind drift back to a time on Antar when she and Zan were together.

Elexa was walking in the garden when she felt someone wrap their arms around her. She turned to find Zan there.

“Zan what’s wrong?”
“Nothing just wanted to see you.”
“Why?”
“Lexa you’re my wife and I care about you.”
“Just care? Or is it deeper than that?”
“Lexa are you asking me if I love you?”
“Yes.”
“The truth is I do. I will understand if you don’t feel the same way about me.”
“Zan, it’s just I don’t know how I feel.”

*Yes you do. You just don’t want to admit it. I understand.*
*Zan how are you talking to me in my head?*
*We connected I can use your powers and you can use mine. But it takes practice to be able to do this.*
*Why are you doing this Zan?*
*Because it makes me feel closer to you. I know that you won’t say the words out loud but will tell me how you feel like this?*
*FINE! Zan I admit it. I love you. I fell in love with you a long time ago.*

“Now was that so hard to say?”
“No. Zan it’s just I never thought I would feel this way about you. When my father told me that we would be married I hated him. I promised myself that I would never admit it if I ever did fall in love with you to anyone. Zan I know that you didn’t have a say in the matter. But I didn’t want my father to know that he picked the perfect man for me. I’m sorry if by keeping my feelings to myself I hurt you.”
“You didn’t. I’m just as guilty of doing that to you. Lexa I want you to promise me that you will always tell me how you feel. I don’t care if you want to tell me you hate me. I want to know how you feel.”
“I promise Zan.”

Zan bent down and kissed Lexa. She didn’t fight him and started to return the kiss.

“Liz are you ok?” asked Trinity
“I’m sorry. I was just remembering something.”
“Want to talk about it?”
“Not really. Uh if you don’t mind I’m going to go find Max.”
“Go ahead.”

Liz got up and Trinity smiled Liz was so much like Elexa had been. Never wanting to talk about her feelings. She knew by the way Liz was acting that she was in love with Max.

“I just hope that they are strong enough to stop Kivar. At lest Nicholas has finally seen that following Kivar will get him no where.”

Part 29

Serena was in her room when she heard a knock on her door.

“Come in.”
“Rena what’s going on with you? You have been somewhere else ever since we got Liz away from Kivar. So tell me what’s wrong?” asked Ry as he walked in.
“Nothing. Ry I want to be alone.”
“Rena come on. I know you better than anyone. There is something going on with you.”
“Ry I don’t want to talk about it with you. Will you just leave me alone?”
“You claim to love me but you haven’t been acting like it.”
“Ry I just want you to leave me alone.”
“Fine.”

Ry left the room and walked right into Liz.

“Ry what’s wrong?”
“Your sister won’t talk to me. She has been acting different and she won’t talk to me about it.”
“Let me try. Ry I know that Serena loves you. Just give me some time with her ok?”
“Yeah sure.”

Ry walked off and Liz walked into Serena’s room.

“Ever here of knocking?”
“Serena why don’t you just tell Ry what you are hiding?”
“Liz leave me alone.”
“No Serena I won’t let you throw away the best thing in your life.”
“Liz what are you talking about?”
“You love Ry. That scares you. But the thing is Ry isn’t going to go any where if you tell him the truth.”
“The truth? Liz I finally figured out that the prophecy that Ava was talking about. I have to take her place in the Royal Court. But that’s not the only thing. Liz I’m pregnant.”
“You have to tell Ry. He has a right to know that he is going to be a father.”
“Liz this isn’t the right time for this.”
“Rena look I understand that this isn’t how you planned to start a family but you still have to tell Ry. I don’t want you to lose him. And pushing him away like you are might do that.”
“Is that why you told Max how you feel? Are you afraid that something might happened and you didn’t want him to possibly lose you without knowing how you feel?”
“Rena this isn’t about me. It’s about you. Now I want you to go find Ry and tell him that he is going to be a father.”
“Are you talking to me as my sister right now or as my Queen?”
“Which ever one it will take for you to do what is right.”
“Whatever you say your highness.”

Serena got off her bed and walked out the door to go find Ry. Liz sighed she had hoped that Serena would take her as the sister worried about her, not as her Queen. But Liz knew that may happen sometimes. Liz walked out of Serena’s room and headed for her own to think about things.

TBC!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Michelle17 THanks for the feedback. Serena is going to tell Ry very soon. :wink:

begonia9508 Thanks for the feedback!!

Ansleyrocks Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I like throwing in a few twists to try and keep my fics from being too much like other writers. Having the Evans aliens and Nicholas as Liz's brother just seemed to be a way that I knew would surprise some people. I hated to kill Ava but I had to have something happen to someone the pod squad knew and cared about so that this war they are fighting became more real for them. I did enjoy killing that trampy blond tramp!

roswellluver Thanks for the feedback!

Part 30

Max wrapped his arms around Liz’s waist as he came up behind her the next afternoon. He watched as she leaned into him.

“Hey Max.”
“Liz are you ok? You seem to have a lot on your mind lately.”
“Max I know that we haven’t seen the last of Kivar. I know that he will try to come after me again.”
“Liz we will be ready to stop him when he does.”
“It’s not that simple. Max if we don’t stop Kivar Antar isn’t the only planet that is doomed. Earth will be too. And I don’t want to risk losing my parents. I know that they aren’t my real parents but I love them just the same.”
“I know that you do. I want to keep them safe as well. But I don’t know if we will be able to. Liz weather we like it or not we are fighting a war. And with any war there is always a chance that innocent people could get hurt or even killed. You know that everyone here will do whatever they can to keep that from happening. But you know that there is a chance that Kivar will try and use them to get to you.”
“I know. He wants me because I am the only one that the people of Antar will except as the mother of the heir to the throne of Antar.”
“Shouldn’t Anne be named heir? She is the daughter of who we use to be.”
“True but Kivar doesn’t know about her. And as far as I know no one knows she even alive other than those on this base.”
“Liz what else is on your mind? You have been somewhere else since we got you away from Kivar.”
“Max I remember almost everything from Antar. The truth is I’m scared that we could die again in the same way we did before.”
“Liz I won’t let Kivar hurt you again. But I know that I can’t promise that everyone will make it out safe. We have lost Ava all ready. There is a good chance that others will die in this war as well.”
“I know. I just wish that Kivar would give up on us. I don’t want to be a Queen but it is what I am destined to be. Just as you are destined to be King. We can’t run from our destinies. We can fight it but it’s safe to say that we will win Max. It may take time we may lose people we care about but we will win this war.”
“How do you know?”
“I just do. For some reason I just know things lately. Kivar won’t win. Nicholas knows all of his weakness and we can use that to stop Kivar.”
“I hope that you right.”

Me too. If we don’t win than everyone I care about will die. And I will not let that happen.

“Liz are you ok?”
“Yeah just worried about Serena.”
“Because of the prophecy?”
“No. It has to do with something else. Something I can’t talk about with you right now.”
“She still fighting with Ry?”
“They aren’t really fighting. Max she has to tell him something but is scared to do it.”
“Liz you know that you can tell me anything. I promise that I won’t say anything.”
“Max that is sweet but the fact is it’s not my secret to tell. Not even to you.”
“It’s something that Serena and Ry will have to work out isn’t it?”
“Yeah it is.”
“Liz promise me that you will always be open with me. That you won’t keep any secrets from me.”
“Max I can’t make that promise. You know that. But I will promise that I won’t keep anything imported from you.”
“I can live with that.”
“Oh really?”
“Yeah.”

Max leaned down and gave Liz a soft kiss. Liz had other ideas and started to deepen it. Max didn’t fight it. Before they knew it they knew it they were laying on the ground in full make out mode. What they didn’t know was that Trinity and Seria were watching them from a distance.

“They are growing closer every day.” said Seria
“I noticed. This is a good thing. I actually think that they are closer now then they ever were on Antar.” said Trinity
“This will only make them stronger.”
“Yes. Now we should leave them alone.”

Trinity and Seria left as Max and Liz started to move closer.

Part 31

Serena walked down to the lake where she found Ry sitting.

“Hey.”
“What do you want?”
“Ry I have to tell you something.”
“What is it?”

Serena took a deep breath and sat down next to him.

“Serena what is it?”
“Ry I’m pregnant.”
“Your….pregnant?”
“Yes.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes.”
“Is that what you are so scared to tell me?”
“Yes.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know. It’s just that we didn’t plan this.”
“So? Does that mean you don’t want this baby?”
“No I just thought that we would wait longer.”
“Rena does that matter? I love you and I can’t wait for our child to be born.”
“Really?”
“Really. Rena you don’t have to be afraid to tell me anything.”
“I know. It’s just I didn’t know how you would react to this news.”
“Tell me something Rena. Why would I be anything but happy about this?”
“I don’t know.”
“Promise me that you won’t be scared to tell me anything. Rena there is nothing that could stop me from loving you.”
“Thank you Ry.”
“Remind me to thank Liz next time I see her. I know she got you to tell me.”
“Yeah she did. I have to remember to thank her too.”

Ry just smiled and gave Serena a kiss. When they broke they could hear something coming from the other side of the bushes. Serena got up and peaked around them. She saw Max and Liz in a heavy make out. Max had his shirt off and his hands up Liz’s. She walked back to Ry and looked at him.

“What is it?”
“Uh my sister and Max.”
“What is going on?”
“Well they are acting like teenagers making out.”
“They are teenagers Rena.”
“I know it’s just weird to see them like that.”
“Come on lets leave them alone.”

Ry and Serena got up and walked back to the main part of the base.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

THanks for the feedback!! Just so you know this is nearing the end. I finished writing it over the weekend and it will end at part 40. But there might be a sequal.

Part 32

Liz walked into her room later that day to find Serena waiting for her.

“Hey Rena.”
“Hey Liz. Uh you might want to pull the leaves out of your hair.”

Liz reached up and blushed as she pulled a leaf out of her hair.

“Uh thanks.”
“Liz I told Ry.”
“How did he take it?”
“He’s happy.”
“That’s good.”
“I noticed that you and Max are getting closer.”
“You saw us didn’t you?”
“Yes.”
“Nothing happened.”
“Liz I think it’s great that you are growing closer.”
“It’s just that we seem that we are moving kinda fast to me.”
“Liz maybe you are. But the question you have to ask yourself is do you feel like you are moving to fast?”
“No that’s the thing. I feel like I could move faster and it would be fine.”
“Have you talked to Max about this?”
“No. That is the problem. When I am with him I don’t think about anything but what it would be like to have him make love to me.”
“That is a big step. Liz a few months ago you were barley talking to Max. Now you are in a deep relationship.”
“I know. But the thing is I feel like we have known each other much longer.”
“Liz I can’t tell you what to do. But remember that once you take that step you can never go back. So you have to be sure that you are ready for it.”
“How did you know you were ready?”
“I’m not sure. I just know that one night that Ry and I were kissing and the next thing I knew was that I wanted more and we slowly took the next step. Liz I know that you love Max. I see it every time that you look at him.”
“Rena thanks. I know that I still have to think about this. Make sure that this is what I really want."
“Yeah. By the way thanks for what you said last night. You may have saved my relationship with Ry.”
“Anytime sis.”

Serena smiled, and Liz pulled her into a hug.

“So do you know if it’s a girl or boy yet?”
“A girl.”
“Any names picked out?”
“Uh yeah I was think of Elexa.”
“Really?”
“Yeah. Liz like I told you when we first met I really looked up to you back on Antar, and I couldn’t think of a better way to honor my sister.”
“How does Ry feel about the name?”
“He told me that whatever I picked would be prefect.”
“She’s right Liz. And I couldn’t have picked a better name than Elexa for my daughter.” said Ry from the door.

Serena turned and smiled at Ry. Liz knew that those two were perfected for each other. But something deep down inside her told her that they might not get their happy ever after.

Part 33

Kyle picked up a rock and threw it. He didn’t even know where he fit into things any more. The girl he thought he might end up with was dead. Yeah Ava died to protect Liz from Tess the twin from hell. But he had feelings he never had for anyone for her. He knew that Ava did what she had to do. He understood that. Hell if he had been in her place he would have done the same thing. But that didn’t mean that he didn’t miss her. He was lost in thought and didn’t notice when Alex walked up to him.

“Hey man you miss her don’t ya?”
“Alex! Yeah I do. You want to know something?”
“What?”
“I think I was falling in love with Ava. I know I didn’t know her very well but I just felt like she was the type of girl I could spend the rest of my life with.”
“Kyle I don’t know what to say. It hurt all of us to lose Ava. I mean yeah she kept to herself but I think it had to do with the fact she remembered what she did on Antar. That she was the one that let Kivar in that night we were all killed.”
“Alex do you know what it’s like to be in love? I mean like how Max and Liz are? I know they are trying to hide it from everyone but they are so deeply in love it is kind of sickening you know?”
“Yeah I know. But Max better not hurt Liz if he knows what is good for him. I mean I’m sure Liz can take care of herself and all. But the fact is I don’t want to see Liz hurt. I know that I only found out that she is my twin sister a short time ago but I have always loved her. I don’t want to see her hurt.”
“Alex is there anything going on with you and Isabel?”
“I’m not sure. I like her a lot you know. But we really haven’t gotten into how we feel about each other. I want to know how she feels about me. But she isn’t the very open type.”
“Alex you owe it to your self to find out if what you feel for her is really love. I messed up and didn’t with Ava, and now I don’t know what is going to happen with me. If I will ever find someone that I love.”
“I will do that. Thanks Kyle.”
“No problem man.”

Alex walked off and Kyle found himself alone. He started walking down a path when he noticed Karen up ahead. He knew that she was feeling guilty over the fact that she didn’t keep Ava alive. Maybe they could talk and it might help both of them.

Part 34

Kivar paced he was mad and he was planning on making Serena and Nicholas pay for what they did. Nicholas had betrayed him not that he was surprised. The little runt had loved his older sister and was very upset when Elexa had died. What Kivar didn’t understand was why the runt would betray him like that. It wasn’t like he would have harmed the little Queen.

“Nicholas is dead next time I see him.”

Just then there was a knock on the door.

“What?”
“Sir when do you plan to strike them?” asked one of the guards.
“Soon and Elexa is mine. I mean it if any of you harm her I will kill you.”
“Sir we know that. But you know that she would come willingly.”
“I don’t care. I want her so she will be mine.”
“Lord Kivar that girl is a pain in the ass.”
“True but she was always like that. That is one of the things that I love about her.”
“But sir you know that she will never love you.”
“She will learn to love me in time. She didn’t always love Zan either.”
“But she has always hated you.”
“No one asked you what you thought Jack. Now get the men ready we will strike by the end of the week.”
“Yes sir.”

Jack left and Kivar smiled by the week’s end Zan would be dead again and this time it would be for good.

Nicholas sat in his cell staring out the small window. He was scared that Kivar would attack at anytime. But when he had no idea. He knew that he had to help to keep his sisters alive as well as his brother. But he also knew that they might never trust him. He had betrayed them once and they knew there would always be a chance that he would do it again. He looked up when he heard someone walking up to the cell.

“Serena what do you want?”
“Nicky when will Kivar attack?”
“I don’t know. But I bet it will be soon. By the way how is Lexa?”
“Liz is fine, she is getting closer to Max.”
“That is a good thing. This isn’t just about Kivar is it?”
“No. I came to tell you that Ry and I are going to have a baby.”
“That’s great. I’m happy for you Rena.”
“Thanks. Nicky I want to know everything about Kivar.”
“Rena you know everything. I can’t tell you any more. But I will tell you keep Liz as far from him as you can. There is nothing he wants more than her.”
“I know that. I’m not stupid you know.”
“Rena I can help you defeat Kivar if you let me.”
“I don’t trust you. You know that.”
“If it wasn’t for me Kivar would still have our sister.”
“You don’t know that.”
“Look I know I messed up in the past. But you can't blame me for that forever.”
“Yeah I can.”
“Rena come on.”
“Nicky shut up. Look because you helped save Liz you aren’t going to die.”

Serena walked away and Nicholas sighed he knew that Serena was right. The only reason he was still alive was because he had saved his sister from Kivar. He also knew that things could always change.

TBC!

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Ansleyrocks Thanks for the feedback I can would never kill Max and Liz! I'm a dreamer after all! But I will not say the same about the others expect for Alex! I won't do what those evil writers did to him on the show!

Michelle17 Here's the next part. Thanks for the feedback!

roswellluver If you can't wait for Kivar to get what is coming to him than this part is for you!!! Thanks for the feedback!

Note Looks to me like I have to start writing the sequal!!!

Part 35

The rest of the week past quickly. Liz was down by the lake with Max when they heard someone coming after them. Liz looked up and saw Kivar standing behind her and Max.

“Elexa we met again.”
“Kivar what do you want now?” asked Liz
“I want you.”
“You won’t take her Kivar.” said Max
“Well Zan it’s nice to finally meet you again.”
“Kivar why don’t you give up? You won’t win this war.” said Max
“Zan now why do you think that? I know that Ava is dead. You can’t win with out her. I know that.”

While Max and Kivar were talking Liz was calling the other to come to help them. Within minutes Ry, Eric, Maria, Michael and the others were there.

“Kivar we got you out numbered so why don’t you give up now?” asked Eric
“Eric it’s so nice to see you again. Is that Vilandra, Dria, Jiver, Rath, and Rander there with you?”
“Kivar if I were you I would get the hell out of here before I blow you the hell up.” said Michael
“Rath I see that you haven’t changed at all. It’s too bad that all of you will have to die again. Well Elexa you won’t. But everyone else will.”
“Go to hell Kivar.” said Liz
“Liz are you ok?” asked Serena
“I’m fine Rena. But I think it’s time that we take care of Kivar once and for all.” said Liz
“Couldn’t agree with you more little sister.” said Alex

*Call me little sister again and you are in major trouble got it Whitman?*
*Got it Parker.*

“You wimps aren’t strong enough to stop me with out Ava.” said Kivar sending a blast at Serena.

Before Serena could react Ry jumped in front of the bast taking the blunt of it. He fell to the ground in pain. Serena fell to her knees next to him crying. The others started to fire blasts at Kivar. Liz made her way over to her sister and dropped down next to her.

“Rena there is only one way to stop Kivar you, me, Michael, Maria, Max, Isabel, Alex and Kyle have to send a blast at him at the same time. He won’t be able to stop all of us. Rena I know that this is going to be hard but we can’t do it without you.” said Liz
“Liz is he?”

Liz placed her hand on Ry’s neck to check for a pulse. She felt a very weak one and knew even Max wouldn’t be able to save him. Liz when into his head to find out how long he would be able to hang on.

*Ry how long do you have?*
*My Queen not long. Tell Rena that I love her.*
*Ry I have an idea. I will bring Rena in and you can tell her yourself.*
*Liz that isn’t a good idea. You both need to be at your strongest to stop Kivar.*
*Ry I think Serena’s anger would be a big help. She needs it to fight.*

Liz reached for Serena’s arm and connected with her sister.

*Rena he doesn’t have much time. You have to say goodbye.* said Liz
*Liz no. Max can save him.*
*No Rena he can’t. I’m too far gone. I love you so much. Rena take good care of our daughter.*
*No Ry you can’t give up I need you.*
*Rena we have to go. I’m sorry but there is nothing anyone can do for him. I know that you are hurting and angry but we need you to stop Kivar. The man who killed Ry.*

Liz pulled them both out of Ry’s mind and looked at her. She saw pain and anger in Serena’s eyes.

“Rena I am going to tell the others to get ready to fire at Kivar.”

She only nodded.

*Ok everyone on the count of three we fire at Kivar. One two three.*

Liz watched as Max, Michael and Maria fired. Alex, Kyle, and Isabel hit a second later. Hers and Serena’s hit in the next second. Liz saw a ball of fire blow up where Kivar had been standing when the smoke cleared there was nothing but a pile of ash where he had been. Serena fell back to the ground crying next to Ry. Liz saw Karen sitting next to Eric holding him. Philip and Diane looked like they had seen better days. Amy was holding her arm where a blast had hit her. Liz could see Eddie on the ground and not moving knowing that like Ry he was dead. Liz saw Max kneeing next to Anne healing her where she took a blast. Trinity and Seria were checking on everyone. Liz knelt next her sister and pulled her into her arms. Serena just cried until she couldn’t cry and any more. Trinity knelt down next to Liz and Serena.

“How is she Liz?”
“Not good. She is really hurting.”
“I understand. We should get her back to her room. She needs her rest now. You all do.”
“I know.”
“Liz I already asked Michael to help you get Serena back to her room.”
“Ok.”

Michael made his way too Liz and picked up Serena and started to carry her.

“Liz when she wakes up tell her I will take care of Ry.”
“I will. Thank you mother.”

Trinity wiped a tear from her eye as she watched Liz walk away with Michael.

TBC

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

begonia9508 Thanks for the feedback!!![/b]

Michelle17 Thanks for the feedback!!![/b]

Ansleyrocks Yes poor Rena. Killing Ry was very hard for me, but I knew that not everyone would make it through the battle with Kivar. THanks for the feedback!!!

kitkat405 Welcome to my little world. THanks for the feedbaack!!!

roswellluver Yes in deed good riddance to Kivar! Thanks for the feedback!!!

Note there are only three parts left of this fic and then it's on to the sequal!! ANd Let's just say that our favorit aliens and humans are in for a few sursprises in that!!!

Part 36 Two days later

Liz was staring out the window when Serena woke up.

“It was real wasn’t it?”
“Rena yes. I’m sorry.”
“Liz there was nothing you could do. I knew that he wouldn’t make it. Kivar did too much damage.”
“Rena I know you are hurting. I wish there was something I could do for you.”
“You did enough. You helped me say good bye to Ry. Thank you for that.”
“Rena you got to take care of yourself for your baby.”
“I know. Liz this is just so hard. Liz I want to know something. If Ry hadn’t jumped in front of me would you have saved my baby?”
“You know I would have and not just because you did it for me. Rena you’re my sister and I love you. Besides everyone would have given their life to protected you and your baby.”
“Did we lose anyone else? Besides Ry?”
“Eddie died too. Amy and Anne were injured. Eric is in bad shape we don’t know if he will make it or not.”
“What about everyone else?”
“Everyone else is fine. Rena, Nicholas wants to see you. He’s worried about you.”
“Maybe I’ll go see him later.”
“Rena, mom is taking care of things for Ry. Max and I have already decided that he will get all honors of the Antarian guard.”
“Why? Liz the Antarian guard was broken apart after everyone was killed.”
“We reinstated it. Michael is back at the rank of General, Kyle is back at the rank of Commander. You I believe were still a junior officer right?”
“Yes. So was Ry.”
“You both have been given the Rank of Lieutenant. I really think it should be higher but it would look like we were playing favorites if we didn’t do things the right way.”
“I understand that. What about the others?”
“Rena everyone has been given full rank.”
“That’s good. When is Ry’s funeral?”
“Tomorrow afternoon. Rena if you don’t want to go you don’t have too.”
“No I have too. Liz he had no family other than me. His father and brother died in the war. Kivar killed his mother and sisters for their part in the underground movement. I am the closest thing he had to family.”
“Ok.”
“Liz don’t worry about me. I’ll be ok I promise.”
“I need to go see Max. I’ll come by and check on you later.”
“Ok thanks Liz.”
“Hey what are sisters for?”

Serena gave Liz a weak smile. Liz pulled her into a hug then left. Two hours later Serena walked into the prison where Nicholas was locked up. He was staring out the small window near the top of the cell.

“Nicky Liz said you wanted to see me.”
“How are you doing Rena?”
“Been better.”
“Rena I’m sorry about Ry he was a good guy. I know that he made you really happy.”
“Nicky when did you start caring about me?”
“I always have. Rena you will always be my older sister. I messed up and am now paying for it. Ry shouldn’t have died.”
“Nicholas something I have learned from watching Liz and Max is, that you can’t fight destiny and sometimes what you want and what destiny are the same thing. But I know that they aren’t always. Ry and I weren’t destined to spend the rest of our lives together. I have accepted that. Destiny has something else planned for me. I just have to wait to find out what that is. Nicholas you were destined to betray us back on Antar, you were also destined to save Liz. I’m going to talk to Max. I want you there tomorrow. It would mean a lot to me to have you there.”
“If that is what you want and Max lets me than I will be there.”
“Thanks.”

Serena left and Nicholas found himself alone again.

Part 37

Liz stood with her arm wrapped around Serena’s waist the next afternoon as they stood next to the grave that had been dug for Ry’s body. Max stood on the other side of Liz holding her other hand.

“Ryath was taken from us in the prime of his life. He was many things to many people. He was the love of Serena’s life. He was a mentor to Eric. He was more than a soldier he was a leader. He took his job to protect Alex to heart. But would have protected anyone with his life. In fact that is how he died. He gave his life to protect the woman he loved with all his heart and his unborn daughter. He died a hero.” said Diane

Serena felt the tears roll down her face. This was harder than she thought it would be. True she knew that the lifeless shell that had once been Ry was no longer him, he was in a better place. She knew that she would never forget him. He would always be her first love and the father of her child. But she also knew that he would want her to heal to find someone else one day that would love her the same way he had loved her. She pulled away from Liz and place a single red rose on Ry’s body as it was lowered into the ground. After he was buried Serena when back to her room. Liz tried to go after her but Max stopped her.

“She needs sometime alone. Liz she knows that you care about her, but you need to give her time to grieve on her own.” said Max
“I know I just hate seeing her hurt like this.”
“Liz it’s true she is hurting right now but it won’t last forever.”
“I hope that you are right.”
“You know he is Liz. Serena has always been strong but a broken heart is something that can only heal in time.” said Trinity
“So I have to let her heal on her own.”
“Yeah. Lizzie I want to help her too. She is our pain in the neck kid sister. But if we push her she will never open up.” said Alex
“I know. Alex are you ever going to stop calling me Lizzie?”
“No. It’s too much fun calling you that.”
“I should have known.”

Max and Liz walked away from the others and headed down to the lake. Alex watched them. He knew that Liz was in love with Max but he didn’t know if he liked the way they were always together.

“He won’t hurt her. He loves her too much.” said Isabel
“I know. It’s just I didn’t think that Liz would ever give in to her feelings for Max. She fell in love with him a long time ago.”
“God I knew that they would give in. It was only a matter of time. Now space boy and me may never work out how we feel about each other.” said Maria
“Pixie no one asked you what you thought.” said Michael

Maria took a swat at him and he rubbed the back of his head.

“Hey I was kidding. You know I love you.” said Michael
“Did you just say that you love me? He said he loved me didn’t he?” asked Maria

Michael didn’t answer. He just lowered his head and placed a soft kiss on her lips and smiled. Alex rolled his eyes and Isabel just smiled as Maria and Michael walked off to do whatever it was they were going to do.

TBC!

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Thanks for all the feedback this the final three parts. There is a sequel and I should have that posted by Next Monday at the very latest.

Disclaimer The song "A Moment Like This" is own by a bunch of people other than me. Don't sue I have no money!!!!

Part 38 Three months later.

“I can’t do this!” yelled Serena
“Yes you can Rena just breath.” said Liz
“That’s easy for you to say. You’re not the one having a baby!”
“I know. But women have being doing this forever on both Antar and Earth.” said Liz
“How is she doing Liz?” asked Max
“Max if you do this to my sister than I will kill you do you understand me?” said Serena
“Uh yeah. Serena I’m going to need you to push now.” said Max

Serena did as she was told holding Liz’s hand and crushing it. Liz knew that her sister had broken at lest one of her fingers but didn’t care. Max would fix it later. A few minutes later they heard the cry of a baby. Max cleaned the baby and then handed Serena her daughter. Liz smiled at her sister. While Max took her hand and healed it.

“Liz say hi to your niece.” said Serena
“Hi Lexa I’m your Auntie Lizzie. I’m going to spoil you and then send you back to your mommy.” said Liz
“Thanks a lot Liz!” said Serena
“Rena it’s in my job as an Aunt.”
“So when you have your kids I can do the same thing?”
“Yeah and I won’t complain about it.”
“Liz we should let Rena get some rest.” said Max
“Ok Rena I’ll come back and see you later.” said Liz
“Ok. By the way Max? I didn’t mean what I said. You know about killing you if you get Liz pregnant.”
“I know. You just said that because you were in pain. Don’t worry about it.”
“Thanks Max.”
“You know Rena if you were telling the truth than you would have join Nicky in the prison. You know that you can’t threaten the King and get away with it.” said Liz
“Later Lizzie.” said Serena

Max and Liz left and Serena fell to sleep with her daughter in her arms.

Part 39 Two years later.

Liz brushed her hair nervously. She couldn’t believe it. That in only a few hours she would be marrying the man that she loved. Serena watched her from the other side of the room as she brushed her two-year-old daughter’s hair into a braid.

“Rena I can’t go through with this. I’m so not ready.”
“Liz you love Max. Come on you have been driving everyone crazy for the past two years! Liz you have been in love with Max since you broke out of the pod.”
“Not true.”
“Yes it is! Come on I spent the better part of ten years watching you from a distance. I saw you watching Max. I could see how you felt about him.”
“Rena you know sometimes I wish you never came into my life. I’m sorry if that hurts but it’s the truth.”
“Liz I don’t blame you. I really messed up your life. Liz you know that I wish that I could change how I did things. Maybe if I did something different than maybe Ry would still be alive.”
“Rena don’t blame yourself. There is something I never told anyone. I knew that Ry would die saving your life. I had a vision of it.”
“Why didn’t you tell me?”
“Rena if I had than you would have done something stupid and gotten yourself and your baby killed. You saw what Kivar did to Ry. There would have been no way to save Lexa. Would you have wanted her to die before she had a chance to live?”
“Your right I’m sorry.”
“It’s ok. So tell me what is going on with you and Kyle?”
“I don’t know what you are talking about.”
“Don’t lie. Rena I have seen you and Kyle together when you think no one is looking.”
“Liz I don’t know how I feel about Kyle.”
“Look there is only one thing that I know. I know that Ry would want you to be happy. If Kyle makes you happy then you don’t have to hide it. You’re my sister and I want you to be happy.”
“Thanks Liz. Now let’s finish getting you ready to marry the man that you love.”

Liz smiled as Serena got up and finished doing Liz’s hair. Liz couldn’t believe what she saw when she looked in the mirror an hour later. She looked like she really was a Queen.

“Wow.” said Alex from the door.
“Alex how do I look?” asked Liz
“Like a Queen. You really look beautiful Liz.” said Alex
“Thank you. So how is Max?” asked Liz
“He has been pacing for the past hour. He is really nervous. But Michael and Kyle are trying to clam him down.”

Liz started to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” asked Serena
“The words Michael and clam in the same sentence.”

Serena and Alex started to laugh too. It was hard to see Michael as the calm one. He had always been a hot head.

“Liz it’s time.” said Alex
“You ready?” asked Serena
“As ready as I will ever be.”

Part 40

Max couldn’t believe it. He was finally going to marry the woman he loved with all his heart. He watched as Maria, Isabel and then Serena walked down the aisle. Then he saw Liz on the arm of her father. Well the father who had raised her for the past twelve years anyway. He couldn’t believe how beautiful she was. He knew that he had a goofy smile on his face but he couldn’t help it. Their wedding was simple by Antar Royal standers and could have been fancier by Earth’s but they had wanted it this way. Only to have their close friends and their family there. After the ceremony they when to dinner at the Roswell Country Club. Max watched his friends and family dance. Liz wrapped her arms around Max and gave him a kiss.

“Hey is something wrong?”
“No I just wish there had been something I could have done for Eric.”
“Max what happened is not your fault. Eric is alive, he may never walk again but he lived. And I think he’s having fun with Lexa.”
“He does look kinda happy. Even Karen does watching them together. But what I find weird is Serena and Kyle. Is something going on with them?”
“Serena won’t say. I’m not going to push her either. Have I told you how much I love you?”
“Not in the last twenty minutes.”
“Max I love you with all my heart and soul. I know that I will never love anyone else the way that I love you. I am happier than I have ever been knowing that there is nothing that will pull us apart.”

Max kissed Liz and lead her onto the dance floor as “A Moment Like This” by Kelly Clarkson came on.

What if I told you it was all meant to be,
Would you believe me
Would you agree
It’s almost that feeling we met before
So tell me that you don’t think I’m crazy
When I tell you love has come here and now

A moment like this
Some people wait a lifetime
For a moment like this
Some people search forever
For that one special kiss
Oh I can’t believe it’s happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this.

Everything changes but beauty remains
Something so tender
I can’t explain
Well I may be dreaming but till I awake
Can we make this dream last forever
And I’ll cherish all the love we share

A moment like this
For a moment like this

Could this be the greatest love of all
I wanna know that you will catch me when I fall
So let me tell you this
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this

For a moment like this

Oh Oh like this

Oh Oh Oh Oh

I can’t believe it’s happening to me
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this

Oh like this

Max gave Liz a deep kiss as the song came to an end. If the writers of that song had only know that there really was a couple out there that it would really fit. After everyone had left Max and Liz when to their hotel room and made love before falling a sleep in each other’s arms.

The End.

TBC In “Is Antar or Earth Home”

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

THanks for all the feedback on this fic. I started to post the sequel today. THe title is Is Antar or Earth Home. Thanks again!!!

Helen