Presence Returned:Sequel(AU,M/L,ADULT)Epilogue*10/5*Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Trapped in my slashy mind with Max, Kyle, and Michael

Chapter 21

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 21

In Pathia…

Claudia stared at her ceiling wishing that she could get some rest. But as she watched the shadows dance, her body stayed tense as Jorlen’s emotions flowed across their special connection. Though it was early night in Pathia, it was now morning in Antar and Jorlen and Lucas were in the Palace trying to rescue the Queen from Khivar, the uncle she’s never met. She hated what the man did to her father, but she had to thank their god Sunova that her father came to Pathia. Without him, her mother may not have found love and she would not have been born.

She lay there and blocked her own anxiety from Jorlen with a lot of effort. She didn’t know why she was feeling Jorlen so strongly; it had never been like this even when they lived together. She was unable to completely block his emotions from her body but she hoped that she was blocking hers effectively. She didn’t want them to be a distraction to him.

Claudia shifted her body a little and Wesley snuggled his head deeper into the crook of her neck. Her hand unconsciously thread through his long blonde hair. She loved the feel of his body next to her. It made her feel safe and loved. His presence had helped ease the loss she felt when her parents and family left for Antar. Wesley was loving, attentive, and everything she ever wanted in a man. He was also a wonderfully talented lover who sent her to heights of pleasure every time they were together.

She recently admitted to herself that she was in love with Wesley. She wanted to spend the rest of her life with this man. She wanted him to father her heir and help raise her. He has already openly admitted his love for her and tells her often when they are alone together. She knew that it is highly unusual in Pathia for a male to be so aggressive, even after the changes her father had made, but she liked how he made her feel when he said those words. Her heart would flutter and her stomach would flip.

Wesley was very intelligent even if his station was that of a Bather. It is an honored position. They have a magic touch that can bring the greatest of pleasure. Her Uncle Alex was a Bather and he was one of the wisest men she knew besides her father and Uncle Michael. But each man had their own talents and own experiences for their wisdom to come from.

Every time she tried to tell Wesley of her love for him, she would chicken out. If she professed her love, then she’d have to ask him to be her mate. It’s not that she didn’t want him as her mate, it was fear that ruled her choice. She feared for his safety. She feared that he would not pass the Test that he must endure to become her mate. She doubted her feelings and wondered if Wesley really was the man that would father her heir.

Claudia sighed, her head beginning to ache from the strain on her mind and was feeling restless. She wanted desperately to talk with her mother and her heart saddened knowing that she couldn’t. She was miles away, unable to contact her. Claudia slowly disentangled her body from Wesley’s and quietly got dressed before slipping out of her room.

“Can’t sleep either?” A voice asked as soon as Claudia entered the hallway.

Claudia jumped surprised, not expecting anyone to be outside her room in the middle of the night. She turned and found Lyssa standing against the wall across from her bedroom door.

“Lyssa. What are you doing out here?”

She pushed away from the wall. “I’m sorry but I couldn’t sleep. I’m worried about Lucas and the others.”

“Yeah…me too.” Claudia admitted. “Want to go for a walk?”

Lyssa nodded and fell in step with her best friend as they walked through the halls of the Palace in silence. She let Claudia lead the way, her mind going to what Lucas and her family was facing at that moment. Her thoughts kept drifting to Jorlen, hoping that he stayed safe. He meant so much to her, she loved him but she knew that Jorlen was not the man that would sire her children. Even as a small child, she knew that she and Jorlen would share something special but they would never end up together. His destiny was bigger than being the mate to a Commander of the Queen. Like his father, he was meant to be a King.

They walked out into the large garden. This was Liz and Max’s favorite place. If they were not in their rooms, they could always be found here, strolling hand in hand through the blooming bushes or sitting in the gazebo talking quietly. Even being around them all of her life and knowing no different, Claudia was amazed at her parents love for each other and the bond that they shared.

“Have you heard anything yet?” Lyssa asked, breaking the silence.

“No. I’m trying so hard not to interrupt them. I’m keeping myself blocked so that I don’t distract them.”

Claudia paced back and forth in front of the gazebo. Her restlessness increasing and her hands clasped tightly in front of her body. Her body gave a tremble and her brow broke out in sweat, the color draining from her face.

“Claudia? Are you feeling alright?”

Claudia opened her mouth to answer but her face distorted in pain. She screamed and grabbed her leg before falling down to the ground. Lyssa was immediately by her side but her eyes scanned the area of the garden. She hadn’t heard or seen anything but something was happening to Claudia and there was nothing she could do.

“Jorlen!” Claudia cried out.

“Claudia…what is happening? What’s wrong?” Lyssa tried to get through to her.

Claudia’s breathing finally slowed and she slowly opened her eyes, and her body relaxed again.

“It’s Mother. She’s hurt.”

“What? How? What’s going on over there?”

Claudia shook her head. “I don’t know exactly but Jorlen felt it too. He’s not with her but she’s really hurt and I can’t get through to her.”

“Oh, Claudia…” Lyssa said embracing her.

“The High Priestess.” Claudia said as she pulled from Lyssa’s arms and stood unsteadily.

“What are you talking about? What can she do?”

“I’m not sure but I need to talk to her.” Claudia started walking to the exit heading toward the Temple, Lyssa following close behind.

“Claudia…there’s nothing that can be done. They are too far away. We can’t help them.”

Claudia’s stomach tightened as an empty feeling fell over her. She knew it wasn’t Jorlen so she can only assume that it was coming from her mother. She wanted to stop and curl up into a ball to grieve. Her brain wanted to acknowledge that her mother was dead but deeper inside, her heart was telling her not to give up. Not yet. That same something was calling to her, drawing her to the Temple. Why? She didn’t know but she had to find out. Claudia began running…time was short.

Lyssa followed her Queen faithfully though she didn’t understand what Claudia was doing. She rarely questioned Claudia and tried to understand the mysterious powers that she was blessed with but sometimes it was not easy.

Claudia led the way into the Temple and through the sanctuary until she reached the office of the High Priestess. She was surprised to find the older woman sitting at her desk, book in hand. She looked up at Claudia and Lyssa as they barged into the room out of breath.

“Hello children.” She smiled. “How may I help you?”

Claudia approached the desk and opened her mouth to speak but her attention was suddenly drawn to the door that was behind the High Priestess’s chair. The door had always been there but what caught her attention was the bright glow of light that came from underneath and the tingling that ran over her skin.

“What’s that?” She stepped around the desk, drawn to the door.

“It houses the Granolith.” The High Priestess said with no further explanation.

“Open it.” Claudia ordered. Her voice was harsh and short. Lyssa stared in unbelief at the tone. No one had ever spoke to the High Priestess in that manner.

“I can’t. Only the chosen one can.” The High Priestess was not offended or put off by Claudia’s tone.

Claudia looked at the door and saw that there was neither knob nor lock. How was one to open it? She felt the need to go inside crawl under her skin, demanding that she take action. It was bewildering; she’d never felt this way before. It was overpowering, knocking out all thoughts of her mother, the danger her family was in, or why she’d even come to the Temple.

Lyssa felt concern as she watched Claudia begin trying to open the door. She no longer seemed worried about the pain that had incapacitated her earlier or about the possibility that her mother was seriously hurt. She watched as Claudia ran her hands around the seam of the door. Her hands began to glow. This was not Lyssa’s first time to see this happen but they seemed to glow brighter than before. She watched amazed as the door started sliding open.

“Blessed Sunova.” Lyssa whispered.

The door opened and Claudia stepped into the chamber. It was a small room. In the middle was an object that stood alone. It was a cone shaped object, the point upside down, pointing to the ground. It stood taller than her thin frame. Light emitted from it, brightening the entire room. She stepped toward it, feeling its call as its silent vibrations ran through her body like she was a part of it. It mimicked her pulse.

“What is it?” She asked softly.

“The Granolith.” The High Priestess answered.

Lyssa followed Claudia into the room, just as intrigued by the foreign object as her friend. She felt a warmth rush through the room as Claudia went closer.

“What does it do?” Lyssa asked, her eyes never leaving Claudia.

“Only the ones that control it truly knows.” The High Priestess answered.

Claudia, seemingly possessed, reached a hand out to caress the light. Lyssa saw her motion and quickly grabbed Claudia’s other hand.

“Claudia…No!” Lyssa screamed just as Claudia touched the light and they both disappeared.

“May your journey be blessed.” The High Priestess says turning from the door and it closed behind her. Shantera stood in the outer office waiting.

“It is done?” She asked not coming in further.

The High Priestess nodded. “Call Zoë and Wesley here. They must know how to proceed.”

“Yes, High Priestess.” Shantera said leaving the room.

TBC...
Magikhands' Little Roswell Obsessions
Come see my published print and e-books
Visit my website and blog
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 22

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 22

Lucas led the small group through the maze of halls the way he and Jorlen had come. He knew that it was less traveled than the main halls and that helped with their situation. They were coming close to the room that Jorlen had found earlier.

“Lucas.” Jorlen called out, making him pause.

Lucas turned around and saw that Jorlen had stopped where the hidden door was located. “Jorlen, we don’t have time. We have to get out of here.”

“She’s here.” Jorlen smiled and laid his hand on the door.

Lucas looked at Jorlen confused. Was his best friend going crazy? He looked at the others and shrugged. The small group watched as the wall slid open and Jorlen walked in.

“Jorlen?” Lucas heard a familiar voice. He rushed in the room and was greeted by the sight of Jorlen being mauled by two women. The noise of the others coming into the room drew the women’s attention. When they saw Lucas they released their hold on Jorlen and attacked him.

He didn’t know what hit him as two sets of arms embraced him tightly. He finally got a glimpse of their faces. Joy and disbelief filled him. How had this happened?

“Lyssa? Claudia? How did…?”

“Uhhh…guys…” Astrid interrupted. “We’ve got to go.” She looked back over her shoulder out into the hall. It was apparent that Jorlen and Lucas knew these two girls and from the glimpse of one, it could only be Jorlen’s sister. Astrid wanted to know the answer to Lucas’s question as much as the others but their time was running out. They had to get out of the Palace or risk getting caught and having to fight off an entire army.

Jorlen looked and Astrid and nodded.

“Let’s finish this when we are safe.” He said taking Claudia’s hand and pulling her out of the room. Lucas followed suit taking Lyssa’s hand and leading the way back down the hall. The door to the chamber closing once everyone was out.

The small group of four had now grown to eight and they silently slipped down the halls avoiding the people that roamed the Palace. Tyler and Astrid took the rear and made sure that the door to the Royal crypt was resealed when the others entered. They had but a moment to rest before heading out through the tunnels. Tyler looked at the small group and shook his head. He was bewildered by the appearance of the two girls. He watched Dravan hold possessively onto Timberlyn while his sister, Astrid, stood near him but her eyes were concentrated on the new arrivals.

Claudia walked slowly through the crypt looking around in awe. Like Jorlen, she was amazed to finally get a chance to see a part of her father’s heritage. She stopped in front of a large stone and read the name. She gave a small gasp, her hand covering her mouth.

“It’s alright Claudia.” Jorlen whispered. “He’s not in there. It’s someone else there, our father is alive.”

Claudia nodded, her eyes still gazing at the name Maxwell Phillip Evans. It was strange seeing it on a burial stone; she couldn’t help but feel the sorrow.

“But what about Mother?”

“I don’t know what happened. Let’s go find out.” He pulled on her hand and then caught up with Lucas and Lyssa.

They traveled through the tunnels the same as they did earlier. Tyler took the lead, followed by Lucas and Claudia, Dravan and Timberlyn, Jorlen and Lyssa, then Astrid taking the rear. It didn’t take long for them to exit the tunnel and make their way through the city, heading to the Resistance’s base.

The group took precautions, making sure they were not followed and made their way back to the mountain. Claudia and Jorlen urged the group as fast as they could. They were anxious to find information about their mother. Neither had been able to get anything from her and they needed to know what had happened…to find out what had gone wrong.

Astrid hung back throughout the entire trek back to the base. Her eyes were holding steady on how Jorlen was clutching tightly to Lyssa’s hand. She felt something creep up in her heart. Jorlen had not hidden anything from his past, he’d told her about Lyssa and that he had feelings for her and he always would. At the time he told her these things she’d taken it with stride. She really had no hard feelings toward the other woman. Jorlen had been with Lyssa before they had met. It was in the past. Lyssa was halfway across the world. But now…Lyssa was here in Antar and Astrid was feeling jealousy and it irked her. She’d never felt this way before and almost didn’t recognize it but then, she’d never been in love before.

Astrid took a deep breath and pushed those feelings back. This was silly. Jorlen loved her. He had confessed that love to her, was willing to wait for her. She was confident in Jorlen’s love and tried to tell herself that she had no reason to feel this way.

Jorlen rushed through the dark halls until he entered the meeting room where he sensed his father and the others were. Everyone looked up when he entered. Max’s eyes widened when he saw Claudia coming in right behind his son.

“Claudia?” His voice choked in surprise.

Claudia embraced her father tightly. Tears ran from her eyes from fear of the unknown, sorrow of what may have happened, and just being in her Dad’s arms once again. So much had happened in such a short time. As her father kept her tightly in his arms, she maneuvered her head and looked around the room searching for the one face she needed to see. Claudia pulled back slightly; forcing Max’s hold on her to loosen and met his eyes.

“Where’s Mother?”

Claudia could see that Max had tears in his eyes and as she met his with a questioning look, the tears that were being held back broke loose. He shook his head and opened his mouth but he couldn’t speak.

“She’s hurt Dad.” Jorlen said. “We can’t…feel…” He stopped, unable to voice anything that resembled what may be a possibility.

Max cleared his throat twice before he was able to stop his tears to speak. “Khivar has her, and yes, she got hurt. An arrow hit her leg but he rode off with her before I could get to her.” He lowered his eyes, feeling guilty that he was unable to protect his mate.

“Where’s Maxie?” Lucas voiced looking around the room.

Lyssa had run into the room after Claudia and was greeted by surprised embraces from her mother and father. They still had her in their arms asking questions about how she had gotten all the way to Antar. Lyssa was busy shaking her head telling them that she didn’t know.

Jason, Maria, and Michael had eagerly taken their young children in their grip, making sure they had not been harmed. Astrid had joined Jason, standing by his side. The entire room felt like a reunion filled with relief and surprise. It was apparent that Jorlen’s mission was a success, even bringing two unexpected allies with them.

Suddenly Jason looked around and found that one other person was missing.

“Where’s Ava?” He asked right after Lucas asked his question.

Both Jorlen and Max wore identical sorrowful expressions.

“I’m sorry Lucas. Maxie went for Liz and Nicholas captured her. He took her and followed Khivar.”

“What? And you just let them? You didn’t go after them? You didn’t send someone to follow them?” Lucas asked in anger. He had thought that it was a bad idea for Maxie to go out there. She may be trained to fight, but his protectiveness didn’t want her there as a target.

“Lucas.” Isabel stepped toward her son. “We had wounded men and women. They needed medical attention. I’m not making excuses but they left in the heat of the battle. We were still deep in the mists of fighting when they grabbed Liz and Maxie.”

“They should never have been out there.” Lucas shouted. “They had no business on the battlefield.”

“Lucas Whitman DeLuca!” Isabel said sternly. “We didn’t raise you to be chauvinistic. They have the same skills as you, Max, or Jorlen. I understand that you are upset and that you have feelings for Maxie but that doesn’t excuse your behavior.”

Lucas still seethed, his grief flaming his anger toward Khivar and his followers. He knew that he shouldn’t have voiced his feelings but he couldn’t hold his tongue. He knew how much Maxie hated Khivar and the thought of her in Nicholas’s hands was almost too much. He turned and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Jorlen went to follow him when Claudia stopped him. “No…this is something I might be able to help with. You still have things to discuss.”

Jorlen nodded and let her go after Lucas. “Uncle Michael. Will you go keep an eye on them? Make sure Lucas doesn’t do anything he’ll regret.”

Michael nodded and left the room.

“Jorlen…” Jason looked over at the younger man. “Where’s Ava?”

“I’m sorry but Khivar had her moved before we got there. I think he knew we were coming or at least that we would try to rescue her.”

Jason looked down, the distress he felt was evident in his face.

“I think he moved her to where ever he is taking my mother and Maxie. He had a back up plan in case things went wrong. But where they went…I don’t have a clue.”

“I might.” Tyler announced and all heads turned to him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Liz jostled with each step of the horse. She bit her lip trying to fight the pain that radiated from her wound. She took deep breaths when she could, forcing the pain from her mind like she’d been taught. It was hard to do while feeling Khivar pressed hard against her back. He’d tied her hands in front of her to the saddle horn keeping her on the horse, and he had one arm wrapped around her waist keeping her steady which helped stabilize her movements some.

His touch made her feel cold. He may be Max’s twin brother but he was the complete opposite. Where she felt warmth and comfort from her mate, she only felt pain and hate for Khivar.

She glanced over at Maxie often, keeping an eye on her. She was sitting in front of Nicholas. Like herself, Maxie had her hands tied to the saddle horn and Nicholas kept a tight hold of her. The only difference was that Maxie had been gagged. She’d given Nicholas a fight and had even managed to bite him, drawing blood. Nicholas drew a hand back and slapped Maxie. Liz had cursed at Nicholas as he gagged Maxie, uncaring of how roughly he now treated her. Khivar had leaned forward and told her that if she didn’t stay quiet, he’d do the same. Reluctantly, Liz complied knowing that Khivar had the upper hand.

They rode a long journey and several times, the pain had almost claimed her consciousness, but her will to stay awake was stronger. She didn’t know where they were going for she was a stranger to this land, but she knew that they were heading east. As the darkness fell over the land, she was no longer able to see the landscape.

Finally Khivar stopped. Liz saw that a forest surrounded them. She didn’t know which direction, and there was no moon to shine light around them. Khivar got off the horse and untied her hands from the saddle. She could tell that he tried to be careful of her wound that he’d bandaged but she couldn’t resist the gasp of pain that escaped. Liz could hear Nicholas dismounting and a rustle of cloth knowing that he was pulling Maxie from his horse. He heard her struggle momentarily and mentally wished that she wouldn’t do that.

Khivar tried to lead Liz away from the horse but her leg wouldn’t allow her to walk. She collapsed to her knees crying out in pain. Her leg was throbbing, clouding her mind with pain. She felt Khivar scoop her body up and carry her the way he wanted to go. She could see the shadow of Nicholas and Maxie behind them.

They entered a cave, their footsteps echoing off the stonewalls. Torches lit the way leading them further in. Khivar said nothing until he stopped in front of a metal door that was built into the cavern.

“Welcome to your new home, Majesty.” He said, opening the door and walking in.

Liz immediately saw Ava sitting on the bed. She had stood when the door opened and now looked on shocked as Khivar laid Liz on the bed.

“Maxie.” She breathed out when Nicholas dragged her roughly into the room. Ava stepped forward trying to reach her daughter but she was forced to stop by Khivar’s body.

Nicholas took her to the opposite side of the bed and placed an iron shackle to Maxie’s ankle. It was only then did he take off her gag and untie her hands. He was prepared for her assault and quickly got out of her reach when she struck out at him.

“Be nice ladies.”

“Wait…” Ava called out before Khivar could leave the room. “We need medical supplies to help her.” She pointed to Liz.

Khivar nodded and followed Nicholas out.

Ava went around the bed and embraced her daughter. That it became apparent that Ava was shackled to the bed like Maxie was.

Liz lay still on the bed, finally giving in to the pain, letting her body sink into unconsciousness, but her last thoughts were of her son and mate.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 23

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 23

Claudia rushed after Lucas. At first she didn’t have a clue which way he went and she didn’t know the caverns like he did, so she did the next best thing. She reached out and searched for him. She and Lucas shared a bond. Not one like she did with her brother but Lucas was her friend, her lover, her family. This link was one that would never die despite the fact that they both found other people to love.

Quickly she maneuvered the dark halls. She knew that her Uncle Michael was not far behind her, probably sent by her father or Jorlen to watch over her but she ignored him. Her need was to find Lucas.

Claudia stopped in her tracks and looked around. He was near, she could sense it. Slowly she turned in a circle until her eyes came to a small dark area in a corner. She stepped toward it and found that it was sunken back into the cave wall, leaving a flat area perfect to sit in the dark unobserved. She sat next to Lucas and put her hand on his knee.

They sat in silence several moments. Lucas laid his hand over hers and wrapped his fingers between hers.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said those things. I’ve insulted my Mother and all of Pathia by the way I let my tongue wag.”

“Lucas…”

“No.” Lucas shifted his body until he kneeled before her, his hand still grasping tightly to hers. He laid his head in her lap. “Please, I beg the Queen’s pardon. I behaved wrongly. I’ve done the Royal guard and family unjust. I was not raised to say such things. To think such things. I accept any punishment my Queen perceives to be fit for my crime.”

Tears came to Claudia’s eyes. Lucas’ voice was heavy with sorrow and she could hear that he truly meant the words he said. How could she ever think of punishing one of the men she loved? He was here begging for her forgiveness for thoughts that he’d spoken in a time of great grief. Claudia knew the feelings that Lucas had for her sister. They were strong and she somehow knew they were returned in kind. He is frustrated and worried. How could she fault him? She may have said the same thing if she was in his position or if something had happened to Wesley.

With her free hand, she ran it through Lucas’s hair. A comforting habit that she’d done since they were little when he was upset.

“There is no need to beg me for forgiveness Lucas. You only spoke your feelings and you did so only in front of family and those that care about you. Not in front of an entire court.”

She stopped her movements through his hair and lifted his chin. Her heart ached seeing the tears in Lucas’s eyes and the pain that had taken residence there.

“We are not in Pathia. You are in Antar. You are free to voice your emotions here.”

Lucas shook his head. “That’s no excuse. My parents…I’ve shamed them. I was not raised that way.”

“I’m sure they will forgive you just as I have.” She wiped a tear that had escaped his eye. “Maxie is alright. Since coming here to Antar I can sense her. My sister is alive and if she’s anything like Jorlen has told me, she will survive this. She’s strong and will fight. Like any Evans would do.” She was very proud of her father’s blood that ran through her veins.

Lucas nodded. “But she’s against another Evans who is just as determined.”

“Yes but she knows Khivar. She was raised around him. She knows his strengths and weaknesses.”

“But what about Aunt Liz? Do you still…” He couldn’t finish. The thought that she could be dead was too much for him.

Claudia lowered her eyes. “I can’t feel her.” Sorrow laced her voice. “But that doesn’t mean she’s dead. She was injured. She may be weak unable to send out her emotions or link to us. But we will find her Lucas. I won’t stop until we find all three of them.”

“I know.” He laid his head back in her lap and closed his eyes. Her hand went back to his hair comforting him the way she had for years. They were both silent, each taking the moment to reflect on all that had happened. Taking the moment to gather themselves together and envelope themselves in a familiar love that had been missed greatly.

Michael stood in the shadows and watched over the two. He did not let his presence be known though he figured that Claudia knew he was there. He let them have their time together. As he studied the two people who he’d help raise and loved dearly, pride swelled in his heart. Claudia was a woman now. A Queen. He could see it clearly now. Her compassion and understanding was overwhelming, much like her mother and father. By all rights of Pathia, Claudia could have severely punished Lucas for his outburst but she analyzed the situation and knew that this was not Pathia and that his behavior was warranted by the circumstances. Michael leaned back against the wall and waited, a slight smile gracing his lips.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Tyler…” Serena walked up to her husband.

“It’s so simple…why didn’t I think of this before.” Tyler said as he walked across the room to a console. “Mantinga.”

“Of course.” Max said pinching the bridge of his nose.

“What am I missing?” Jorlen asked.

“Mantinga is Ava’s heritage. Her kingdom not too far from here.”

“He would know that we would search high and low in Antar for them. We know most of his hiding spots here. But in Mantinga he would be able to hide them better with all the caves that run beneath the kingdom.” Jason followed Tyler over to the console. He wondered silently why he hadn’t thought of that.

Lyssa stepped away from her parents and went to Max and Jorlen. She felt a little awkward here. She was a stranger to this land and with Claudia gone after her brother she gravitated what she knew…Jorlen.

Max drew her into his embrace squeezing her tightly. She eagerly returned the affection.

“I’ve missed you my little warrior.” He said softly.

Lyssa smiled at the endearment that he’d given her when she was but a young girl in training. Max was of no blood to her but he was as much of an uncle as Michael was to her. He was always so encouraging of her and helped shape her life just as her parents, Liz, Maria, and Michael had done. She’d always been able to come to him for council when she felt uncomfortable to go to her parents.

“I’ve missed you too Uncle Max.” She pulled away and saw the sorrow in his eyes despite the small smile on his lips. “We’ll get them back.”

“I know. Now…tell me how you got here.”

Isabel and the others had gravitated toward the three to hear Lyssa’s tale of how they traveled to Antar so unexpectedly. Jorlen also added how he had found the hidden room with the identical device the High Priestess had called the Granolith.

“Well, whatever the circumstances…we are all glad you are here.” Alex said wrapping his arm around his daughter that he’d missed so much. It had been hard on he and Isabel leaving one of their children behind.

“Max.” Tyler called out. “We’ve got the Mantinga base on the comm.”

“We’ve had a small resistance force there for years now.” Jason explained as the others moved to where they stood. “When Ava’s father died it was Khivar’s right to take over her legacy which he gladly did. However, it is smaller than Antar so he sent Larek to rule in his stead. That is the man that he wants Maxie to wed.”

“Not if I can help it.” Jorlen muttered. He reached back and took hold of a hand and pulled the owner closer to him. This movement surprised Astrid as she suddenly felt her body pressed to his side. She had stayed in the background of the unexpected reunion and merely observed, trying not to let these strange feelings of jealousy invade as she watched Lyssa and Jorlen together.

“Mantinga has had it easier than Antar overall. Larek is not as brutal and harsh as Khivar. He’s merely a puppet controlled by Khivar but that didn’t stop a ban of resisters forming. They are small but highly advanced in technology.” Tyler explained.

“Who is in charge there?” Isabel asked.

“His name is Aryk. He’s actually a relative to Ava on her father’s side. He’s young but the best over there. And completely trustworthy.” Jason informed.

The others gathered around the console and waited for the picture to come up. Lyssa had moved so she could be close up feeling the need to be in the mix of rescuing her Aunt it not mattering that she’s a stranger to the land.

“Aryk.” Tyler greeted the console and an image of a young man appeared.

“Tyler. Good to hear from you.” The young man smiled.

Lyssa’s mouth opened slightly but she stopped herself from gasping. The man on the screen was beautiful. His dark hair was long, to his shoulders and hung somewhat in his dark, ocean blue eyes. His skin was sun-kissed like he’d worked in the sun all day long. As she gazed upon his image she felt a stirring in her stomach and a wetness warm between her thighs. She was no stranger to lust and sexual attraction but the intensity of her feelings were new. Different from the strong love she held for Jorlen.

Lyssa couldn’t tear her brown eyes from his blue ones. The sound of his voice was deep and pleasing to her ears. He wore only a leather vest showing his toned, muscular arms, shoulders and chest. He was a pure god in her eyes.

“How are things there, Aryk? Any sign of movement from the Palace?” Tyler asked.

Aryk’s smile faded. He knew from Tyler’s tone this was not a social call. “Larek left for Antar several days ago. He left orders to ready his bedchamber for his new bride. Also to prepare for a celebration.” His eyes darkened, as did his expression. “The Princess was to be brought here following the wedding.”

“But Larek has not returned?”

“No.”

Tyler filled Aryk in on the recent events and of Khivar’s disappearance with Liz and Maxie along with Ava’s unknown whereabouts.

Aryk scratched his head and thought. “There are many caverns under Mantinga to hide. It is most likely that he came here. I will send out scouts to all possible places and I will find them. When shall I expect you?”

“As soon as we can get packed we will begin the journey. It will be dark soon which will help our journey along faster.” Jason announced.

Aryk nodded. “I hope to have news for you by the time you reach us.” He turned toward where Max stood next to Tyler. “I’m sorry Majesty. I will do all I can to find your loved ones. I was but a baby when you left our kingdoms but I’ve heard the great stories of your kindness to your people.”

“Thank you Aryk. If Jason and Tyler trust you, so do I.” Max answered honestly.

Aryk nodded his head but when he looked up his eyes landed on a beautiful woman that had moved next to Max. He had a hard time seeing her since the screen was not wide but he knew that she held a beauty like he’d never seen in these lands. Before he could utter a word of question the screen went blank, his connection disengaged. He shook his head and turned to one of his men and began issuing orders. There was much to be done before Tyler and the others came.

TBC..
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 24

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 24

Liz slowly came back to reality. Her body ached and felt chilled as she shivered under the covers. She slowly opened her eyes and met with ones that were crystal blue.

“Ava?” Her voice was soft with weakness.

Ava gave a sympathetic smile as she continued dabbing her forehead with a cool, wet cloth.

“Welcome back Elizabeth of Pathia.”

“Liz.” She said wincing as she felt pressure and pain on her leg. She shifted her gaze down and found Maxie was caring for her wound.

“The tip of the arrow that hit you was dipped in a light poison. It’s enough to make you ill but not kill you. However the wound has begun to get infected.” Ava said taking her attention from Maxie.

“Thank you.” Her voice was tired. “Are you alright? Everyone was so worried about you.”

Ava nodded. “Khivar won’t hurt me yet. He needs me.”

Maxie finished wrapping Liz’s wound and moved so that she sat on Liz’s other side.

“Do you have any idea where we are Mother?”

“I think we are in Mantinga. It was dark as we traveled here in the carriage but this is the only place that Khivar has to run to.”

“I’m sorry Mother. I’m sorry I let my selfish need to escape Khivar cloud my judgment and put you and Dravan in danger.”

Ava smiled sadly at her daughter. She was so like her father, always taking the burden of blame. “This is not your fault Maxie. Khivar has had this planned from the time he learned your father was still alive. It was he that put us at risk, not you.” She reached up and cupped her cheek with a hand. “Don’t fret.”

“They will come for us.” Liz said but her thought drifted back to her last sight of Max. He was fighting three men, his arm bleeding, and fatigue had begun showing in his movements. She pushed aside the image and turned her attention to the others. “Your brother will find us.”

“How can you be so sure?” Ava asked. She’d been unable to have that much faith in people since Max was presumed dead and Khivar invaded her life.

“I know my son.” Liz stated as if it was as simple as that. She looked at Maxie. “We can try to contact him.” Maxie looked at her surprised.

“How?” Ava asked confused. She didn’t know about Jorlen’s special abilities.

“Jorlen can…sense people.” Maxie tried to explain. “He’s special Mother.”

Liz slowly sat up and turned to Maxie. “Take my hand.”

Maxie cradled Liz’s hands in hers. “Now what?”

“Concentrate on Jorlen. Call out to him, make him feel you.”

Maxie nodded and closed her eyes. Liz looked at Ava who was looking down at their clasped hands. She saw a flash in the other woman’s eyes but couldn’t distinguish what it was.

“Ava…place your hands on top of your daughter’s.”

Ava shook her head, uncertain. She didn’t know much about Jorlen, only what Maxie had told her. “That is not my place. I share no connection to him.”

Liz gave her a gentle, understanding smile as she realized that look had been one of envy. “Yes you do. His sister shares your blood. Please…”

Ava hesitated, still unsure how she could help but she did as Liz suggested. Taking one last look at Liz, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. She saw Jorlen the way he looked the day she met him. The day that she thought that it was Max, unaged, looking as handsome as ever.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Isabel rode next to a quiet Michael. He’d barely said a word since they left the Resistance’s base a couple of hours before. She knew that he was worried about leaving his family. They had decided that Maria would stay with Serena and the young ones to continue caring for the wounded while Michael went with Max bringing along all the supplies he would need to aid any wounded.

Isabel remembered how Michael and Maria had embraced before parting. She had taken Michael’s hand and led him from his family.

“It will be ok.” Isabel said softly to her brother-in-law.

“You didn’t leave your family without your protection.” Michael snapped.

“No. Just my mate while I lead my children into a battle where it’s uncertain if any of us will survive.” She responded with a soft voice.

Michael blew out a breath and looked down. “I’m sorry Isabel. It’s just…”

“I know.” She reached out and took his hand. She took comfort in his touch. She knew that he was not one to openly show his emotions often so she offered her comfort.

Michael looked ahead to where Max rode next to Jorlen. “For years I hated being in Pathia. I hated being ‘owned’. I knew that I loved Maria, even when I first came to her, but I didn’t like being forced into being with her. I made my life with Maria. We were happy together but I still resented the fact that men were looked down upon.”

He paused, his eyes still on Max’s back. “Then Max came along and made simple changes. Things that changed the women’s attitudes toward us men. We are no longer looked down upon like mere slaves. Because of him, we hold strong positions in society and have respect.”

“Yes, he has improved Pathia.” Isabel looked to Max with affection. She knew the first time she saw him on the slaver’s podium, looking dirty and ragged, that he was something special. She felt that he was exactly what her Queen needed.

“He’s my best friend. We’ve raised children together. I can only imagine the pain he’s going through. I just wish there was something more I can do to help. I feel quite helpless right now. Like I don’t really belong here.”

“I understand. I feel the same way. Liz is my sister in every way but blood. My heart aches for them but you are as much a part of this family as I am.. You have a job just as important as every soldier here. It is you that will make sure that every person here can return back to their home and family if at all possible. Don’t berate yourself. He would never think low of you. You being here is more than he could ask of you.”

He turned and looked at Isabel. “Thank you.”

Isabel nodded and they continued their ride in silence, each with thoughts on what was to unfold ahead, trying not to think of the loved ones they left behind.

~ ~ ~ ~

Jorlen rode next to his father thinking about the plan that Tyler was going to put into effect. Members of the Resistance were to go around Antar speaking of the return of Max along with his son, the rightful heir of Antar. They were also to speak of how Khivar had run when he learned the truth and tell of how it was he who had injured Max all those years ago and placed him on a Slaver’s boat. They knew that this would place doubts in the minds of those that were loyal to Khivar along with bringing the courage to those that loathed him. Especially since many of the occupants of the Palace knew that he’d left and taken their Queen and Princess.

“Do you think it will work Dad?” Jorlen asked.

Max nodded. “It will weaken the fear that Khivar has built within our people.

Suddenly Jorlen stopped his horse and his eyes glazed over. Max stopped also. “Jorlen?”

“Mother.” He whispered. He quickly turned his mount and rode back to where Claudia rode with Lyssa and Lucas.

“Did you feel her?” Claudia asked as she too had stopped and was now dismounting.

“Yes.” Jorlen jumped off his horse and took his sister’s hands. Together they kneeled on the ground, hands clasped tightly.

Everyone else stopped and watched, questioning what was happening. Lucas and Lyssa quickly took their place around their two charges as they kept an eye out for danger as the large group slowly surrounded them. Max slowly got off his horse and kneeled with his children so that one was on each side of him. He looked from his son to his daughter, their eyes shut, brows scrunched in concentration.

“More.” Claudia whispered.

Max had never seen his children do this but his instincts told him that Claudia was speaking to him. He gently placed his hand on top of theirs and immediately felt a jolt in his body causing him to shut his eyes.

“Ava?” He whispered as his brows too mirrored his children’s.

Jason heard his love’s name and tried to step forward but Michael held him back.

“But…”

“No. Let them do this. If you interrupt them we may never know.” Michael didn’t know what was happening but he trusted Jorlen and Claudia. He’d seen them do some amazing things with their abilities and if this would help them find Liz, then he was not going to let anyone interrupt them.

Reluctantly Jason backed off and watched as did the others.

~ ~ ~ ~

‘Mother.’ Liz heard in her mind and felt the presence of her…children?

‘Claudia?’ Her heart soared at the sound of her daughter’s voice. She’d missed her so much but how was this possible. She was in Pathia…right?

‘Yes Mother. I’m here. Are you ok? We are so worried. We couldn’t feel you.’

‘Yes, I’m ok now. I can feel you’re not far.’

‘We are almost in Mantinga. We think that is where Khivar took you.’ This time it was Jorlen’s voice that made her sigh in relief. He was safe. He had returned from the Palace safe.

‘Yes. We are in some caves. The entrance was in the woods but that is all I know. Maxie and Ava are here also.’

‘Yes, we feel them.’ Jorlen says feeling relieved.

‘Max?’ Liz suddenly felt a familiar love coursing through the connection that her children had been able to form with her.

‘He is here with us, unharmed but missing you terribly.’ Claudia said.

‘Be careful my children. Khivar knows that you will come for us. He will be expecting you.’

‘As we will be ready for him. Be safe Mother. We are coming.’ Jorlen says as he feels the connection fading. He felt her weakness and quickly sent a small jolt of power through it helping with her wound then there was nothing but he knew that she was ok.

The three slowly opened their eyes. Max had tears running down his cheeks as he looked to Isabel and Michael.

“She’s alive.” They smiled and nodded.

“And Ava?” Jason finally stepped forward.

“With them and safe along with Maxie.” Jorlen announced as Lucas helped him up. “He is expecting us to come for them. We must get to Aryk and act quickly.”

Lyssa helped Claudia stand and mount her horse. While Michael went to his best friend.

“Thank you Michael. Thank you for being here.”

Michael knew he didn’t have to say a word, he simply nodded then mounted his horse. The group started on their way once more, their pace quicker.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Maxie opened her eyes as she felt Liz’s grasp on her hands loosen and her body lie back on the bed, eyes closed. Maxie quickly checked her and found that she was weak but her pulse was strong.

“Is she ok?”

“Yes, she’s tired and passed out.” Maxie swept some hair from Liz’s face. She’d come to really like her. She was sweet and compassionate along with the strong will of a fighter.

“Wow.” Ava looked at Maxie. “I never…”

“Yes, my siblings are something else aren’t they?” She said with a smile. She held her mother’s hand. “Father is coming for us. He will never let Khivar win.” She spoke softly hoping that she gave her mother hope.

“You’re right. I believe it.” And she did. Max and Jason would be here. She had faith that they would do everything they could to rescue them.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 25

Post by magikhands »

Well Michelle, you are in luck. Got inspired last night and got this little chapter out. :P

Chapter 25

A hand caressed her cheek making Liz sigh at its gentleness. The tender touch felt so familiar but something was knocking at the back of her consciousness, telling her it felt…off somehow. She nuzzled into the touch before the hand slid down her neck tickling her collarbone.

“Max…” Liz whispered.

The touch turned firm and cold bringing her out of that warm fuzzy place her mind had been in. She opened her eyes and met with amber colored eyes but they were not those of her mate. They were colder, a slightly different shade, and empty.

Liz quickly reacted by sitting up and sliding away from Khivar, her back pressed tightly against the bed’s headboard. Her eyes darted around the room and found that Maxie was being restrained on her right by a guard and Ave had Nicholas holding onto her arm on the left side of the bed.

“You’ll forget that name soon enough my Pathian Queen.” Khivar sneered at her, his voice just as cold as his eyes.

“He’ll come for me.” Liz stated.

“I know and I’ll be ready. And when he does, we’ll finally put this…situation behind us with his dead body. Then we’ll see just how true those rumors about Pathian women are.” He smiled.

“It will never happen.”

Khivar leaned closer to Liz, his face just inches from hers. “Don’t be too sure. I get everything I want eventually. Don’t I Ava?” He asked without turning to his wife.

Liz let her eyes go to Ava and she could see the sadness that filled her expression. His statement was apparently true.

“So…you got rid of Max to have his kingdom and his wife. Now you want me because he’s with me. Don’t you ever want anything that wasn’t his first?” She knew that she was provoking him but the sight of Ava’s expression was enough to stir her anger more than her fear.

Khivar reached up and wrapped a hand around her neck applying just enough pressure so that it made her gasp. “Everything should have been mine. I’m the one stronger and smarter than he. I know him; he’s ruled by his emotions. He allows people to practically walk atop of him. He’s a wimp ruled by a woman.”

“That is his strength.” Liz managed to get out as she gasped for air.

Khivar released her abruptly and stood from the bed to look down on her. “He will lose this battle and I will have Antar back with your pup as my slave.” He turned and walked out with Nicholas and the guard following him.

Maxie rushed to Liz’s side and looked at her neck. It was red and there would definitely be bruising by the next day.

“Liz…I’m sorry…”

Liz shook her head. “I’ll be fine.” Her voice was hoarse and she tried to smile encouragingly at her mate’s daughter. “We’ll be fine when they come.” She just wished she could truly believe her own words.

Liz turned to Ava. She still stood where Nicholas was holding her, her head bowed and body slumped in defeat.

“Ava?”

“What he said is true.” She said softly without looking up. “He always gets what he wants one way or another.”

Liz gingerly rose from the bed and went to Ava. Her leg was very sore and she limped but she could feel that it was better, the infection gone from her system. She said a silent prayer to Sunova in thanks for her children and their abilities.

Liz used her hand to make Ava look up at her. They were about the same height. “Not this time. Jason, Max, Jorlen, and the others will make sure of it.”

Liz saw a flash of hope in Ava’s bright blue eyes. She reached down and took Ava’s hand drawing her back to the bed to sit.

“Come…let’s pass the time by you telling me about all the adventures you and Max had growing up.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cyntara looked across the tavern and watched Jai with interest. He’d been sitting at the corner table for over an hour still on his first cup of brew. He didn’t talk to anyone, just sat there his eyes gazing down at the liquid in his cup.

Cyntara walked over to his table and sat in his lap. He looked up and automatically wrapped an arm around her waist.

“Why so gloomy Jai? Surely your problems aren’t as bad as they first appear.” She ran her finger along his cheek.

She’s heard all the talk about her profession. Many of the women of Mantinga have turned their back on her as she walked down the streets. They thought her a bad influence on their young children. She’s heard of the tales that are woven of her but she turns a deaf ear to them.

Yes, she’s a tavern wench. She’s especially known to associate herself with Khivar’s soldiers who frequent the tavern for some brew, food, and womanly company. What they didn’t know was that she was a spy for the Resistance. She had an advantage that some of the Resistance’s best spies didn’t have. During their drunken stupor or most intimate moments, Khivar’s men loved to brag of their accomplishments. Many would sit in groups in the tavern and try to outdo their fellow soldiers while others felt the need to make it known to her just how much in favor they were of Khivar.

Jai was still young, in his mid twenties, and did not feel the need to brag as the others. He seldom joined the others in their stories of battle and success. He had little choice in joining Khivar’s Army. Before his death, Jai’s father was a high-ranking officer and very loyal to Khivar. Expected to follow in his father’s footsteps he was forced to join. Jai strived to be like his father but Cyntara sensed that there was something more out there that he wanted to be.

He was a good man and Cyntara always enjoyed her time with him. He never treated her badly; in fact, he was the only man that had ever treated her like a lady instead of a wench. Jai was by far Cyntara’s favorite patron.

“I wish it were that easy Cyn.” He said softly looking back into his cup that he’d barely touched.

“I’ve got something that will make you feel better.” Cyntara said with a smile as she softly kissed his neck.

“Cyn…” He groaned as her hand ran down his chest.

She reached out, took his cup in hand and stood while his hand was still resting on her waist. She took it with her free hand and pulled him to his feet then lead him toward the stairs that would take them to her room. There were whistles and catcalls as they made their way upstairs from the other patrons but they both ignored them.

Jai followed Cyntara down the hall to the end room. Her room. He willingly went in and when she closed the door behind them, he watched as she let go of his hand, put his cup down, then walked to the bed undoing her top. When she turned she let the material drop to the floor then slid out of her skirt. She slid onto the bed and sat against the headboard.

Jai’s eyes skimmed her beautiful naked body. Her light colored hair and olive toned skin seemed to shine in the dim lighting. He loved looking at her, especially into her deep blue eyes that seemed so out of place for her features. With her tone and hair, one would expect dark eyes but not Cyn’s. They looked like the sea, deep in color along with mystery. In all his years, he’d not met anyone quite like her. She was educated and intelligent but she worked in a tavern. He knew little about her. Only that she was an orphan, the tavern owner found her wandering in the woods when she was about four.

“Why don’t you join me Jai.” She said in a silky voice.

Slowly he shed his clothing then joined her on the bed. Jai went to embrace her but she moved, her hands on his chest and pushing him so that he lie on his back. Her hands drifted over his muscular body enjoying the smoothness. Many of the men that came up here had course hair covering their bodies. It was rough on her hands and made them itch. But Jai’s body was smooth and she loved touching him. She always took extra care with him, savoring every touch and sensation that he evoked in her.

One hand slid down until her fingers wrapped around his stiff rod. Cyntara heard him sigh as she gave it a little squeeze. Shifting her body, she moved so that she kneeled between his legs. Looking down at her hand she slowly began to pump on his length. She felt it harden more in her hand in anticipation. She bent her head toward his tip and let her tongue lap at the juice that was pooling there. Jai gasped then groaned in pleasure as she slid his entire length into her mouth.

“Cyn.” He sighed as his hands went to her silky hair.

Knowing what he liked Cyntara had little trouble making him cum with her mouth. Once she licked and swallowed every drop she slid up her body and laid a top of him and kissed him. Rarely did she kiss the men that came to her room. And never using her tongue, that is until Jai came into her life. She loved how he tasted while his strong tongue dominated her mouth.

“Feel better?” She asked.

Jai nodded and gave a small smile. “You always know just what I need.”

“It’s my job.” She said without thinking. She felt his body stiffen beneath him and regretted speaking before thinking. “So…what had you so down?” She asked changing the subject.

Jai sighed knowing that he shouldn’t say anything. But he knew that he could deny Cyntara very little.

“Khivar.”

“Khivar? Isn’t he in Antar?”

Jai shook his head. “No…there is word that King Maxwell is actually alive and has returned.”

Cyntara said nothing already knowing that information was the truth.

“He’s a coward.” Jai said closing his eyes.

“King Maxwell?”

“No, Khivar.” Cyntara noticed that he’d called Maxwell by his title but not Khivar. “He ran from Antar. I’m surprised that there are so many soldiers in the tavern tonight. But I guess that he’s wanting his presence here kept quiet.”

Cyntara raised an eyebrow to him. If he was wanting it not known that he was here she had to wonder why Jai was telling her. “So you’ve seen him then.”

Jai nodded. “He threatened to kill me.”

Cyntara gasped in surprise. “What? Why? What did you do?”

“I…” He paused wondering if he should tell her. He looked into her eyes and saw sincerity in them. He knew who she was, what she did. He loved her for her courage and wished that he had half as much as she did. “I spoke to his…um, ‘company’ when I brought them supplies.”

Cyntara acted surprise but she knew that Khivar was hiding out and had the King’s mate, daughter, and the Queen. The Mantinga Resistance spies had their ears open for a hint of where they were hiding.

Jai proceeded to tell her what had happened. How he’d been ordered to bring medical supplies to the room they were in. When he was in there, he’d inquired about the one woman’s health as she lay on the bed then offered to help. Khivar walked in and dismissed him immediately following him out to the hall where he proceeded to threaten him with death if he ever spoke to any of his ‘guests’ again.

What Jai didn’t mention was that he later found out who they were and wished he could do more to help them. He hated Khivar. Yes, Jai was a good fighter, some said he was born to be a leader but he didn’t take much interest in it. He didn’t like the dictatorship that Khivar reigned over the lands. Khivar had too much power and abused it severely. He made the mistake of making a comment to the wrong person and it got back to Khivar. Out of respect for his father, Jai had been sent to Mantinga as punishment instead of death.

Once Jai was finished speaking Cyntara got up and retrieved his cup of brew. She handed it to him and smiled.

“I need to freshen up a bit. I’ll be right back ok?” She leaned down and kissed him lightly on the lips.

He nodded and watched her leave the room. Taking a sip of the bitter liquid he sat back and waited for her return knowing exactly what she was doing. He felt the pressure in his chest lighten and felt the first glimpse of hope since joining this tyrant’s army.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 26

Post by magikhands »

Just a quick note! I will be moving in about two weeks and it will take me another couple of weeks to get things settled. I honestly don't know how much writing time I will have during that time so in advance, thank you for your patience and sorry for a long time before chapters. This story has been my most challenging for my muse since I'm using many original characters and trying not to just rush through it. I'm hoping to get a little time to sit back and relax (but then again, I'll probably be spending that time in my jaccuzi at my new home :lol: ) but we will see.

Chapter 26

Markus, Aryk’s second in command, welcomed the band of Antarians and Pathians into Mantinga’s Resistance camp. Unlike Aryk, Markus was older and held many visible scars. You could see he’d survived many battles giving him a harder look than most Resistance members, that is until he smiled and embraced Jason in greeting. Markus’s skin was dark from the sun and his hair dark like his eyes. He was large in stature, full of muscle and bulk.

“Aryk will be back later. He had to go and meet with Brody.” Markus turned and greeted the others with a bow. “Majesties. It is an honor to dwell among you.”

Max stepped up and laid a hand on the large man’s shoulder. “It is our honor to be here and help out any way we can. It has been so long since I’ve trod this beautiful land but I’m sure much has changed.”

“Yes, Sire. It has but Mother Nature will win in the end.” Markus gave Max a bow with his head. Looking over Max’s shoulders he addressed the group. “We are still waiting word from our spies of Khivar’s whereabouts. You must be worn from your journey so I will show you to some quarters in which you shall rest until Aryk’s return or word has arrived.”

“Thank you Markus. That would be nice to an old man such as myself.” Jason said smiling and clapping Markus’s shoulder.

Markus gave a deep chuckle. “You and me both my friend.” He said as he turned and lead the way.

Markus showed the small group of Resistance soldiers to one dorm of beds while he took Jason and the Pathians to another one next door.

“Please, make yourselves at home. Mantinga is not a large kingdom but there are many places for Khivar to hide.”

“Thank you Markus.” Max said for his family.

The group all settled in to rest while they waited. Jason opted to go check on his troops while Isabel sat with her children. The others lay upon the bunks and tried not to think of what Liz, Maxie, and Ava were enduring.

After a time of tossing and turning, Jorlen knew he couldn’t rest. Not until his mother and sister were safe. He looked over to a nearby bed and saw that Astrid was watching him. He sighed and went over to her bed and laid down beside her, taking her into his arms.

“We will find them Jorlen.” Astrid said as she grazed his rough cheek with her fingertips.

“I know. I just wish that I could help more. I mean, what use is having all of these abilities when I can’t help those that mean the most to me? It’s frustrating.”

“You were given those powers for a reason. And when the time is right, they will be of great use. Besides, because of them, we know that your mother and the others are well right now.”

Jorlen sighed and snuggled closer to Astrid. He loved how it felt to be in her arms and couldn’t wait for the day he could spend every night sharing a bed and waking to her in his arms.

“Jorlen.” Astrid’s voice interrupted his thoughts.

“Yeah.”

“Does it bother you that everyone is acknowledging your father as the King?” She asked. She has been quietly observing everyone when Max and Jorlen were together. In her understanding, the reason the Pathians even came to Antar was to place Jorlen on the throne and continue the correct liege. But more often than not, the people around them looked to Max for the answers and leadership. She often wondered how Jorlen felt about that.

“No my Sweet.” He said looking up to her. He allowed a finger to reach out and trace her lower lips. It was so red and plump. He loved kissing them. “It is my father that Khivar took the throne from and his rightful place to gain it again. We are here to restore the order of liege.”

Jorlen let his finger leave her lip and trail down her throat. He could feel her body shiver and saw her eyes darken. He pulled her head down and their lips met in a soft and tender kiss.

“Everyone thought the prophecy that Sunova left was fulfilled when my mother and father bonded. That was only the beginning. They were of two different worlds but Claudia’s birth and mine was what started it. We were destined to bring our parent’s lands together. My faith in the prophecy has not wavered.”

His hand slid down her body to rest briefly on her hip. His fingers found their way under her shirt so that they caressed circles on her bare skin. He felt her shiver and the goose bumps that covered her skin.

“My father’s time is now. It will be mine when Khivar is no more.”

“Jorlen.” Her voice was husky with need. His touch was driving her wild. She heard his words but his touch was what drew her attention.

“Soon Astrid.” He promised right before his mouth claimed hers. His mind cried out to take her somewhere they would be alone but they had both agreed to wait. And he would be true to his word no matter how hard it was.

“I know.”

“I love you Astrid. When this is all over, will you be my Queen?” Jorlen asked looking deep into her eyes.

“I will Jorlen.” She answered pulling his body closer to hers and relishing his touch. “I love you.” Her soul filled with joy at the thought of spending the rest of her life with Jorlen. She just hoped that it wouldn’t be a life tainted with grief.

Max, lying not far from his son had heard him speaking with Astrid. He heard Jorlen ask Astrid to marry him. Even though Jorlen had not done so to custom, he knew how his son felt to find true love. Max turned over in the cot he was resting in, feeling happy that his son had found someone to love and who would love him just as much.

His mind went toward his precious Liz and hoped that she was well. He had little doubt in her ability to fight. They had sparred many times but there was more to worry about than just Liz’s safety. Max knew his brother’s temper. He knew how Khivar could get when he was pushed in a corner. Khivar had no mercy, leaving only destruction in his path.

A grim feeling fell over Max and knew that it would stay until he once more held her in his arms.

“Liz. Stay safe.” He whispered as he closed his eyes to stop the tears from falling.

Isabel, Lucas, and Lyssa were sitting at a table in the dorm. They were strategizing how to keep their charges safe. Isabel had Max to worry about, Lucas had Jorlen, and Lyssa had Claudia. It was a duty they’d sworn to and there was no way they would break it. Isabel was feeling guilty about letting her guard down with Liz and her children reassured her that they would get Liz back, but it still didn’t help the guilt she felt when she looked over at Max lying alone in the cot. She could almost feel his grief and she shared it. Liz was her best friend, a sister to her as much as Maria was.

“Mom. You know that Claudia and Jorlen wouldn’t lead us wrong. She’s ok. They would know if she wasn’t.”

Isabel nodded. “I know, I just can’t help…”

“Now you’re sounding like Uncle Max.” Lucas cut her off. “No more of the blame game. You had both Aunt Liz and Uncle Max to look out for. Khivar took a cheap shot and got Liz and Maxie. But I’ll be damned if he keeps them.”

Isabel reached out and took her son’s hand in hers. She knew how much he and Maxie liked each other but it wasn’t until now that she saw the passionate need that he had for her. Lucas was in love and she knew that there was no way he wouldn’t die trying to get her back.

“Your right.” Isabel said then smiled at her son. “How did you become so wise?”

He gave her that charming smirk that made the Pathian girls swoon. “Good genetics.”

Lyssa huffed playfully at her brother. “Yeah, but I got the best of them.”

Lucas chuckled and shook his head.

“I’m feeling awful restless. I think I’m going to go for a walk and check things out here.” Lyssa said pushing up from the table.

“Want some company?” Isabel asked.

“No. I think I need a little alone time to think about all that’s happened. It’s not everyday that I’m sped through space to a strange land half way across our world.”

“Stay safe,” her mother said understanding.

Lyssa checked quickly on Claudia who was sitting on Michael’s bed with him and told her that she was going for a walk. Claudia offered to join her but Lyssa declined. She left the room and started down the empty hall. She didn’t know where she was going, only thought that she’d wander around and get the feel of things. She found other sleeping quarters and offices along the way.

The people that occupied the little camp greeted her but no one questioned who she was. But Lyssa knew that in a place this small, their presence would be well known already. They let her be which was fine with her, allowing her to observe the workings of the small resistance encampment.

Aryk sat at the console scanning the incoming messages. No word of Khivar’s whereabouts yet. He didn’t understand how they could come into Mantinga unnoticed. He laid his head in his hands and put pressure on his eyes. He’d not had sleep in the past 36 hours and it was starting to really affect him. He was tired and stressed. He let out a long cleansing breath but his body still wouldn’t relax.

Aryk sat back in his chair, head tilted back and eyes still closed. All was quiet around him for the moment, everyone doing their assigned jobs. Markus had told him that Jason and his party was here but he’d yet to go and greet them as was proper etiquette. Another long sigh. The King was with them. How could he honestly go to them without a word of where the Queen, Princess, and the King’s wife were?

Thinking of Jason’s guests brought about the vision of beauty he’d glimpsed when he last spoke to Jason. She was in the background but he clearly saw her long enough to see her remarkable beauty. Since then, she’d invaded his mind. As much as he tried to concentrate on the tasks at hand, she kept coming to mind. He wanted to know who she was but their transmission had been cut before he could ask. He doubted he’d ever see her again. Though the Resistance was full of women, they rarely went into battle. That was just the way it was here. It was the men that fought.

Aryk heard a shuffle of feet and opened his eyes turning to the doorway. There she stood. The woman who’d stirred feelings within him like he’d never known. His pulsed raced as his heart pounded in his chest. Surely this was a dream. He’d fallen asleep and since she was the last thing on his mind, she was in his dream.

Since it was his dream, he allowed himself the time to let his eyes slowly take in the shape of her body. Aryk had only seen from above her waist and up so he was sure that his imagination was filling in the blanks. He started at her toes that were encased in leather boots that reached mid-calf. They were as snug as her pants, which conformed to every enticing curve of her leg. His gaze slid up her trim waist to the curve of her breasts the loose shirt that she wore tried to hide. Even with the loose material he saw that they were firm and would fit nicely in the palm of his hand. Pulling his gaze further up, it moved along her long neck until her beautiful face captured him. Her eyes glistened brightly in the lights surrounded by dark lashes. Her blonde hair was pulled back away from her face in a tight knot. But what drew his eyes every time were her lips. They were red and full.

“Beautiful.” He whispered as he stood from his chair. Her lips parted with a slight gasp when the word escaped his mouth. They were alluring, begging to be kissed.

‘What the hell. If this my dream, I can do what I want, right?’ He thought stepping toward her. He watched her eyes widen in surprise as he gathered her in his arms in a single swoop and let his lips crash to hers.

There was a moment’s hesitation from her that should have clicked in Aryk’s , but the softness of her lips were so sweet that all he could comprehend was the feel of them underneath his and her body pressed perfectly to him. He let a moan escape when she opened her mouth wider and responded to his kiss. Aryk pulled her closer and his hands sliding down her back until they gripped her ass. He had become hardened the minute his lips had touched hers so he took this opportunity to grind his hips into hers letting her know just how she effected him as their kiss deepened and her hands reached up and thread their way through his hair.

When the kiss finally ended, both pulled away reluctantly and panting with desire. Slowly Aryk opened his eyes and looked at the stunning display of pure longing on her face. Her eyes still closed but she held a glow about her that screamed her sensuality. He wanted nothing more than to lay her down and make love to her right then and there. Watching her thick lashes flutter as she finally opened her eyes and their gazes locked. For a moment, it was just the two of them. No war, no death or sorrow.

“Aryk. We’ve just received word from Cyn on…” Markus burst through the door but stopped as he entered the room. His eyes were immediately drawn to his young commander, who held one of the women that had come with Jason, in an intimate embrace. His intrusion seemed to have broken them from whatever they were doing as two sets of dazed eyes turned his direction.

Aryk looked at Markus, and then back at the beauty he held in his arms. It clicked in his mind that this was not a dream. It all had felt too real, to good for a dream. And he NEVER dreamed of Markus. He looked back at Markus who now had a smug smirk on his face.

“I see you’ve met our guest. Lyssa, is that correct?” He asked addressing the confused looking woman. “She’s one of the Pathians that came with Jason. She’s the Second in Command for the Pathian Army and personal body guard for their Queen.” He paused a moment but there was no mistaking the humor behind his tone at finding his Commander in such a compromising situation. “The Queen who happens to be King Maxwell’s daughter.” He added to make his point of just who exactly Aryk held in his arms.

Aryk slowly released his grip on the woman and took a step back. He could feel his face burning with embarrassment. He could have sworn this was a dream, that he’d fallen asleep and fantasized about the woman who’d been haunting his mind since he got a glimpse of her.

“I…oh…well…” Aryk stumbled over his words, not really knowing what to say.

Lyssa’s face blushed when she realized what she’d just done also. She was only browsing when she came upon this room to find the man that had brushed her mind many times since seeing him on the telecom screen. At first sight of seeing him in person, her breath left her and she froze to her spot. Then when he took her into his arms, she was helpless as his body pressed to hers. Her surrender was almost immediate, like he was made specifically for her.

“I…it was…well…um…” Lyssa began stumbling over her words as well, trying to find a way to apologize for intruding upon him.

Markus chuckled. “We can sort this out later, but right now, we got word. We know where Khivar has the Queen.”

Both Aryk and Lyssa straightened, their embarrassment lost for the moment, as it was time to get down to business.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 27

Post by magikhands »

We've managed to get another part done. Thanks for all your patience and just so you know I'm going to be moving (one way or another) next week for I'm not sure exactly how much writing I'll be able to do but...Steph and I already have the next chapter outlined, so that's a start. Thanks again for the great feedback

Chapter 27

Aryk, Markus, and Lyssa rushed into the room where the others were resting.

“They’ve been found.” Lyssa announced catching everyone’s attention.

Everyone jumped up and questions flew. Aryk held up his hands and silenced them.

“We’ve got some information on where Khivar has gone and is holding Liz, Ava, and Maxie. Let’s gather in the control room and we’ll start our plan of attack.”

Everyone followed Aryk and Markus to the control room where had Lyssa had met Aryk earlier and gathered around the large table with a map of the area.

“Ok, this is where Khivar is hiding out.” Aryk pointed out on the map.

“Isabel and Markus, I want you two to lead a squadron into this entrance.” Jason started.

Aryk looked at Isabel then at Jason questioningly. “Jason…I don’t mean to question you but do you think it’s best to send a woman in leading a squadron?”

Jason arched a brow to Aryk. “Isabel is the former Commander of the Pathian Army. I’ve seen her fight personally and I can honestly say that she may be a better fighter than either one of us.” He defended.

Aryk quickly bowed his head but not before seeing Isabel’s cheeks redden with a blush. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend your status Madam. It’s just that…”

“I understand completely Aryk. We have thought much the same about men in Pathia. But we can discuss that at a later time. Now, let’s get back to the plan.” Isabel said smiling.

Aryk nodded and turned back to what Jason was saying.

“Michael, I want you and several other medics to set up here.” Jason continued on by pointing out another location. “It’s far enough away that you should not be in much danger but close enough to bring you the wounded. I will give you four good soldiers to secure your area.”

Michael nodded in agreement.

“The rest of us will take small squadrons and enter here. Jorlen, Lucas, Claudia, and Lyssa, I want you to go with Aryk and go this direction once we are in. Find the women. Max and I will lead the others this way. We will search out Khivar.” Jason pointed to a fork in the tunnels just inside the entrance. “Astrid, I need you to stay at the entrance with a squadron. If Khivar’s men try to escape, take prisoners. Some of his people have no other choice but to serve him.”

Everyone agreed as they finalized their plans.

*~*~*~*~*~*

Jai woke feeling groggy and sluggish. He raised a hand to his head and the sound of chains clanking invaded the silence. He opened his eyes and found a manacle attached to his wrist. He looked to his other hand and found the same. Jai looked around and saw he was in a dark, damp cell chained to a wall.

“Hey!” He yelled toward the door that had a small opening covered with bars. “Hey…where am I?” He yelled as he stood and pulled against his chains.

He heard movement and saw a glimpse of a man’s face through the bars.

“Hello? You…hey!” Jai tried to get the man’s attention but he didn’t show his face again. After several minutes he heard more movement outside the door before it opened.

“Cyn…What?…Where?…” He didn’t know where to start. It was surprising to see her in here. “Are you ok?”

Cyntara smiled at Jai and cupped his face in her palms. “I’m fine Jai.”

“But why are we here?” His confusion sounded through his expression and tone.

“You’re safe.”

“Safe? Safe from what? Who?” Jai couldn’t seem to grasp what was going on. The last he remembered was falling asleep in Cyn’s arms in her room at the Tavern.

“I couldn’t let you go back to Khivar.”

“I don’t understand Cyn. What does all of this have to do with Khivar and my safety.” He raised his hands to rest on hers that still cupped his face.

Cyn smiled gently, understanding the drugs she gave him in his ale has clouded his mind some. “The Resistance is attacking where Khivar is hiding out. If I had let you return, you would have been forced to fight against us. Then something might have…” Cyn’s smile faded and her expression was somber. “I couldn’t let you go. I’m sorry. I understand if you are upset at me.” She released his face and took a step back from him.

Her words echoed loudly in Jai’s head as their meaning hit him hard in the gut. He knew he cared about her, he had protected her identity, who she really sided with many times but to hear that she cared enough about his welfare to keep him from battle was touching. He knew she was right. If he’d returned the night before and the Resistance attacked, he would have had to fight against them because he had no other choice. It was serve Khivar or die.

Jai stepped forward and raised his arms to embrace her but the chains stopped him. He cursed as he yanked on them frustrated that he couldn’t take her into his arms. He stopped his struggle and looked at Cyn. He saw a glimpse of fear in her eyes and realized she didn’t know what he was trying to do. He let out a sigh and let his shoulders slump in defeat.

“Come here Cyn.” He beckoned holding out his arms to her.

With hesitation she took two steps towards him. She didn’t know exactly what she expected but it surely wasn’t the feel of his arms wrapping around her body and pulling her close to his.

“Thank you.” He murmured as he buried his face into her hair. “Thank you for possibly saving my life.”

Cyntara wrapped her arms around his body and hugged him tightly. “You are not angry?”

“No. A little annoyed to wake chained in a cell but it was for a good reason.” He took a deep breath and breathed in her familiar scent.

“The thought of anything happening to you. I just couldn’t stand it.” Her voice hitched as she stopped the sob from escaping.

Jai pulled away from her slightly. “But what about the Resistance? Won’t they see me as one of Khivar’s men and put me to death. Or they will never trust me, seeing me as a traitor.”

Cyn’s smile returned. “Don’t worry. I’ve known why you’ve been giving me information here and there for a long time. Once this is over, you will speak with our King and I’m assured you will be rewarded for your brave actions.”

Jai shook his head. “I didn’t do it for rewards Cyn. I did it because what Khivar was doing was wrong.”

“I know…” She said before brushing her lips against his.

*~*~*~*~*~*

A soldier rushed into Khivar’s room where he was sitting with Nicholas.

“Sire…”

“How dare you enter without my permission,” Khivar bellowed at the man.

The soldier kneeled, bowing his head. “Forgive me Sire but we are under attack.”

Khivar jumped up. “How did they find us so soon?”

“I don’t know Sire. But the front entrance has been taken over by the Resistance.”

“Nicholas, go command your troops.” He said gathering a few items from a drawer. “I will see to our ‘guests’.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 28

Post by magikhands »

Sorry it's taken so long guys but hopefully mymuse is back rolling.

Chapter 28

As planned, Isabel and Marcus attacked Khivar’s underground base he’d retreated to. Markus and Isabel strategized the offense taking their enemy by surprise. This attack was a perfect distraction for Max and the others to enter the other entrance. The group quickly overcame the small band of soldiers guarding the entrance.

Once they made it safely down to the fork in the tunnel they stopped. Max turned to his son and daughter and gave a weak smile. He had no idea if they would all make it out alive.

“No matter what happens…know that I love you.” He said softly.

Jorlen nodded as Claudia tried to keep back the tears. They knew the prophecy as well as the others but that didn’t mean they were all invincible.

“Be safe Father.” Jorlen said.

Max nodded, proud of his children and what kind of people they were. Max turned to Lucas and Lyssa. He’d thought of them as his children also for they all helped in the raising of the children.

“Protect them.”

“With our lives.” They said together. This was their life. This was what they’d been trained to do. Protect the Queen and future King.

“Time to go.” Jason said pulling Max’s attention back to the situation.

Max nodded and with one last look he turned and followed Jason down the tunnel while the rest went the opposite direction.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Khivar took a couple of his guards and raced to the room where his ladies were being kept. Right behind him was Nicholas.

“I thought I told you to command your troops.” Khivar growled, displeased that Nicholas had disregarded his order. If it were any other time, he’d have the man flogged.

“They know their orders. My job is to see to your safety is it not?” Nicholas said. He’d not liked the look in Khivar’s eye. Even if he was Khivar’s second in command, he trusted his leader very little.

Khivar shrugged. “Fine, just don’t get in my way.”

Khivar entered the room to find all three women sitting on the bed. In the distance he could hear the echoes of men fighting. The battle would soon be closer but he needed assurance that he’d escape. Looking at the three women he quickly made his decision. He pulled two syringes out of the small bag he’d grabbed then nodded to the guards he’d brought. One man grabbed hold of Maxie dragging her roughly off the bed and pinned her against his body while the other man did the same with Ava leaving Liz on the bed alone.

“You and I are going on a trip.” Khivar said stepping closer.

Liz shook her head. “You are crazy if you think I’m going anywhere with you.”

Khivar laughed. “You have no choice but to come with me…however, it’s Maxie and Ava’s future that lie in your hands.”

Liz glanced at each woman. They struggled against the men but they were not strong enough. She knew her fighting skills were hindered due to her injured leg and could not take on the four men plus set them free. Ava and Maxie still had the shackles on their ankles.

Khivar held up the two syringes. “This one.” He started indicating the one in his left hand. “Holds a serum that will put them to sleep and if the Resistance finally takes over this hole in the ground, they may find them just in time for them to wake. However, this one…” He indicated to the syringe in his other hand. “Holds a poison that will kill them within seconds. It’s your choice. Come quietly and they get to go to sleep. Give me any problems…they die.”

“You’re a monster.” Liz growled. She was still amazed how this man, who had the same blood rushing through his veins as her mate, could be so cruel and uncaring while Max was filled with compassion and love.

“Is that anyway to talk to your soon to be husband?”

“Never. I’m already bonded. I can never have another.”

Khivar took out some rope from the bag and handed it over to Nicholas then gestured his head toward Liz.

“Aahhh, but my beautiful Queen. I take whatever I want. I took Antar and his pretty wife. Now I’m taking his Queen and her kingdom as my own.”

“It will never happen.” Liz moved to stand. Her leg nearly gave out from the sudden weight but she managed to stay on her feet. “My people with not allow a man to rule.” It was obvious that Khivar didn’t know she no longer ruled and she was not going to put Claudia at risk like that. Liz let him think what he wished. If somehow they managed to make it to Pathia her people would not allow a man to enter. They knew it would be better to forfeit her life than to have the Kingdom suffer.

Nicholas stopped two feet from Liz and looked back at Khivar. They had both seen the way she fought and knew that she could hold her own against men.

“What will the fate of these two be Elizabeth? Death or slumber?”

Liz looked to Maxie. She struggled and her eyes begged Liz not to let Khivar win. She was filled with such life and had many more years to live. Then she looked to Ava who’d stopped her initial struggle. She’d been under Khivar’s oppression for so long. Jason, Max, and her children were the only ones able to bring life back into her eyes.

“If I go with you…without a fight. Do you promise not to use that poison on them?”

“I give my solemn vow, my lady.”

Liz nodded.

“No!” Maxie cried out but the guard managed to quickly cover her mouth while keeping a hold on her.

Nicholas approached Liz and tied her hands with the rope behind her back before pushing her towards Khivar. Khivar gave Nicholas a syringe and instructed him to use it on Ava and Maxie. Nicholas used it on Maxie first and as the guard gently laid her limp body on the bed he softly brushed her cheek with a hand.

“Are you sure we can’t take her also?” Nicholas had wanted her since she’d turned 16 and developed a woman’s body.

“Where we are going you’ll have your choice of women.”

Nicholas sighed then used the remainder of the serum on Ava.

Meanwhile Khivar had secured another rope around Liz’s neck and attached it to the ropes binding her wrists, leaving some rope to dangle like a leash. He pulled on it to demonstrate its use as it tightened around her neck cutting off her breath. When he released the rope it loosened.

“Time for that trip.” Khivar said leading her out of the room while Nicholas and the guards followed. He stopped before the guards could close the door and turned. “Set the room ablaze.” He ordered and turned without another thought.

“What? You promised!” Liz said as she began to back away and struggle against her bonds.

Khivar pulled on the rope that he held in his hand making it tighten on her throat again. “I promised not to use the poison on them. I never promised not to kill them. Who knows…maybe someone will make it here on time to save them.”

Nicholas pushed Liz forward giving the rope slack to loosen its grip on her throat. She turned back in time to see a flame begin on some draperies that hung on the wall. She had no choice but to walk away as tears fell down her cheeks.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 29

Post by magikhands »

Quick recap...I know it's been awhile. Isabel and Markus attacked Khivar's hideout. Khivar took Liz after drugging Maxie and Ava and setting their room on fire. Jason and Max are trying to find Khviar (they don't know that he has Liz) while Aryk leads the others to where the women are being held. Oh, and let's not forget Michael outside helping with the injured. :) Chapter 29

Aryk led the small group down the dark tunnel. They didn’t risk light for fear of giving away their position. Before they reached the end Jorlen stopped dead in his tracks making Claudia run into his back.

“It’s Maxie. Something is not right.” He rubbed his head that began to hurt.

“How do you know?” Lyssa asked from behind Claudia.

“Our connection…it’s feeling weird. We’ve got to go.” Jorlen said as he raced forward to pull ahead of Lucas and Aryk.

The halls were eerily deserted as they went through the twist and turns. Smoke soon filled the halls causing the small band to quicken their pace. When Jorlen stopped in front of the room where he felt Maxie, there was smoke billowing from underneath it.

“Maxie!” Lucas cried out. He rushed forward without care and opened the door. He paused only a second as the flames burst forward before entering.

“No.” Jorlen tried to stop Lucas but ended up following him into the room.

It was Aryk who stopped Claudia and Lyssa from entering also. “Don’t. We don’t need you all trapped in there.”

Lucas went to the bed and gathered Maxie’s unconscious form into his arms.

“Wake up baby.” He tried to coax her but her eyes didn’t flutter. He looked over to where Jorlen was checking over Ava. “What is wrong with them? Why won’t they wake?”

Jorlen shook his head. “I’m not sure. But we have to get them out of here.” He coughed as the smoke thickened. All around them flames danced, crawling up the walls and ceiling. It was luck they had yet to reach the bed. Jorlen reached down and unlocked the shackle on her ankle with a wave of his hand. He reached over and did the same when he saw one on Maxie.

“We can’t take them through the doorway.” Lucas glanced over to the flame engulfed entrance. There was no other way out but through there.

“I’ve got an idea…but you’ve got to leave here with me.”

“No, not without Maxie.”

“Lucas…trust me. I’m going to get her out of here. Both of them.”

Lucas beheld his best friend and saw the same determination in his golden eyes he’d had all his life as he proved he was equal to Claudia. He knew that Jorlen would never lie. Lucas nodded.

Jorlen reached out and wrapped his arms around Lucas then guided them to the door. As they got closer Jorlen placed his shield around them, protecting them from the flames.

Claudia and Lyssa embraced them when they were clear from the danger.

“Where are they? Are they ok?” The girls asked desperate for answers.

“They are unconscious. I need your help Claudia to get them out safely.” Jorlen answered them as quickly as he could and sent images to Claudia of the situation and his plan. She nodded and turned toward the door. Jorlen did the same and closed his eyes in concentration.

Though his power had grown since being here in Antar, his control is still fragile. Intense energy rushed through his body causing him to reach out and take hold of Claudia’s hand. As their skin touched, a connection formed, drawing them together as one. Never before had their powers merged so completely. He could feel Claudia’s tight control as he gave her his excess of raw energy.

Lyssa, Lucas, and Aryk watched in amazement as the siblings stood completely still, one hand clasping the others, while their free hand was raised in front of them. Their eyes were closed tight making it easy to see they were deep in concentration. The air seemed to crackle with energy and heat but not from the fire.

Claudia reached out and used her powers and to lift Ava and Maxie from the bed. She drew them close so that their arms touched. Jorlen formed a tight shield around the two as Claudia drew them slowly from the room. The task was careful and tedious, the two using a lot of energy. As soon as the two women were safely on the floor, out of immediate harms way, Jorlen and Claudia fell to their knees, leaning on each other for support. They were completely drained. Their faces were pale and their breath came out in short pants.

Lucas stepped to where Maxie and her mother lay. He heard Jorlen groan as if in pain then felt himself lifted from his feet and thrown back against the wall. Lucas moaned at the pain shooting through his body and shook his head, ridding it of the dizziness trying to overcome him. He looked around and found Lyssa and Aryk near him. He could see that they had been thrown back as he was.

“Is everyone ok?” He asked using the support of the wall to get to his feet.

Aryk was doing the same and helping Lyssa to her feet. “Yeah. What was that?”

Lucas looked to where Jorlen and Claudia now lay on the stone floor. “An overload.”

This wasn’t the first time Lucas had felt Jorlen’s control of his powers let loose, only before it had never been this strong. On unsteady feet, he made his way over to the unconscious women again. They seemed fine, but the smoke was getting thicker and everyone had started coughing.

Lyssa turned and took a step away from the group. Aryk took hold of her arm stopping her.

She turned and looked at him. “Aunt Liz. We’ve got to find her.”

“Khivar has her. She’s his key to your Uncle.”

When Lyssa hesitated he pointed to the two women on the floor. “Our mission’s not finished. They’re not safe yet. And look at Jorlen and Claudia. There is no way they can continue the search.”

Lyssa looked to where her best friends lay. Aryk’s words were true but something inside of her urged her to continue the search, to find her Aunt and protect her. Slowly she nodded. Her job was to make sure Claudia was safe, and she’d die making sure she accomplished it.

Aryk went to and cradled Ava in his arms. He never dreamed this would be the way he would finally meet his Queen face to face, but he felt honored even if she was unconscious. Lucas stood beside him holding Maxie. Lyssa helped Claudia to her feet. It took both Lucas and Aryk to get Jorlen to his feet after they adjusted the women in their arms.

The smoke from the room was causing them all to wheeze and cough as they made their way out of the area. It was slow moving but they finally made it to the back entrance again. They were grateful they ran into no enemy. It appeared as if the troops had been diverted to the front lines or they were with Khivar.

Michael saw them coming in the distance. “You two…come with me.” He yelled at two men who were tending some wounded. Michael immediately took Jorlen while the others helped with Claudia and Ava. Lucas refused to let anyone touch Maxie until he laid her upon a cot. Then he only let Michael have a look.

“Tell me she’s going to be ok.”

Michael nodded. “Her breath is steady and pulse strong. She’s in some sort of coma. See here the needle mark?” He pointed to her neck where the needle punctured her skin. “It’s the same with Ava. They were given something to make them sleep. I might have a concoction to wake them but only time will tell.”

Lucas looked to Jorlen and Claudia laid out on cots next to each other. “And…”

“Claudia is in and out of consciousness but she is fine. She drained her energy. Jorlen…” He looked to the young man and his expression saddened. “From what Lyssa tells me of what happened, it was Jorlen’s control that broke and caused the shock of energy. As soon as I took him, he collapsed into unconsciousness and hasn’t woke yet. I’m sure he’s drained too. Don’t worry, give him to time to recover.”

Lucas nodded and went to where Jorlen lay and took his hand. “You and Claudia did it. Maxie and Ava are safe. Not a scratch on them.” He looked down at the boy he’d always thought of as a brother. His face was pale but completely relaxed. He felt a tug of guilt, as if he could of done something to protect him from what had happened, but he knew that when it came to their powers, he could do nothing but be there for them. “When you wake…all of this should be over. You’ll take the throne and live happily ever after with Astrid.”

As if Lucas saying her name summoned her, Astrid approached them. Markus had summoned her and a couple of her squad members. As she was returning to her squad she’d learned of what happened.

“Lucas…is he ok?” She knelt beside Jorlen and took hold of the hand Lucas had just released. Her eyes went to Claudia then over to Ava and Maxie.

Lucas took a moment to explain how they were able to get Maxie and her mother out and how Liz was not with them. “His control is sometimes…” He paused. He didn’t want to make Jorlen sound incompetent. “Shaky. The energy those two used today was more than I’d ever known they could do. The hair on the back of my neck stood straight out. I think it got to be too much for them.”

Astrid nodded and moved so that she sat between the brother and sister. “I’ll stay here and watch them. You take care of Maxie and Ava. They may wake soon, and if I know Maxie, your face will be the first she wants to see.”

Lucas gave her a small smile. Knowing Maxie like he does, she’d probably scream at him for not coming sooner.

“Thanks Astrid.” Lucas said making his way over to where his love laid.

Michael finished checking Ava’s breath when Lucas sat between them.

“Where are Lyssa and Aryk going?”

“I heard them talking about going back in and following Jason and Max’s tracks.”

“What? You didn’t stop them?” Lucas asked aggravated. His sister had responsibilities. How could she just leave Claudia like that?

“Lucas, look around. I’m swamped with injured. Lyssa is a big girl and I can only hope that she doesn’t end up as one of them.” Michael reminded him.

Lucas looked around for the first time. There were soldiers lying everywhere, some with small injuries getting patched up to go back, while others lay unconscious or moaning in pain, their injuries more grievous.

“I’m sorry Michael. Things have just been happening so fast.”

“I understand.” Michael stood and patted the younger man’s shoulder. “Your sister is smart and a good fighter. Have faith in her abilities.” He turned to look at a young man they’d just brought in from the battle.

Lucas scanned over the chaos. Reality slowly set in. This was war. Lucas Whitman DeLuca was in the middle of a war. Brothers fought over a crown. One a vicious dictator, the other a compassionate, fair ruler. Lucas could only pray the true King will win.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Khivar headed toward a secret passage he had ready. He roughly pulled Liz after him while Nicholas followed behind. Nicholas had sent the other men off to battle with orders to take no prisoners. It was die or be killed.

Liz stumbled and fell. Without the use of her hands to brace herself, she fell heavily on her right shoulder. She groaned at the pain but it was quickly cut off as her breath was stopped by the rope around her throat as Khivar tried to pull her up.

He looked down angrily. “Get up wench!” He yelled at her yanking harder on the rope. They were nearly to the exit that would lead them farther under the mountain until a secret door would lead them near the shore to where a boat waited.

Nicholas reached down and helped Liz to her feet and held her steady while she caught her breath as the rope loosened.

“Khivar!” A voice called out.

Khivar turned and saw his brother followed by Jason racing toward them. Khivar reacted quickly by pulling on the rope and wrapping his arms tightly around Liz, a knife at her throat as he took a step so that Nicholas didn’t block his view.

Max stopped abruptly when Liz can into view, Jason nearly running into his back.

“Liz.” Her name came out as a harsh sigh, full of relief that she was alive and growing angry as she was being used as a shield.

“Max.” Tears filled her eyes and her voice trembled.

TBC...
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian

Chapter 30

Post by magikhands »

Chapter 30

“Once again Brother, I have something of yours.” Khivar sneered.

“Let her go. This is between you and me.” Max growled.

“You are correct. But this beauty here is my passage out of here, and entrance to a new world to rule.”

“Pathia will never accept you. They will kill you before you can step foot on their land.”

Khivar chuckled, the sound deep and full of evil. “Not if I have their precious Queen.”

“That’s where you are wrong. Liz is no longer Queen. Our daughter is ruler.” Max hated giving Khivar that information, but it’s a long journey to Pathia and even more difficult to find if you don’t know the way. It also made him feel better knowing Claudia was here in Antar, but Khivar didn’t need to know that. “So Liz will do you no good.”

Khivar’s smirk faded a little. “You lie. Your child is here to take my throne.”

Max saw the doubt and knew his words were working. “Yes, my son is here with me. But what you don’t know is I had twins. My eldest, a daughter, rules her mother’s land just as my son will rule mine. You really must work on your informants Khivar. You are slipping in your old age.”

Khivar let out a growl full of menace as he pushed the dagger closer to Liz’s neck. She gasped as a trickle of blood ran down her creamy skin. Max stepped forward when he saw the red.

“Uh uh.” Khivar said tauntingly, realizing the woman’s potential. “She’s still useful. Now, if you care to join us, just bow down and pledge your allegiance to me. I’ll let you watch me take her over and over.”

“I’d rather die.” Max said through clenched teeth.

“I like that idea better.” Khivar smiled.

The entire time Max and Khivar were exchanging words, Jason tried to inch his way to a position that gave him an advantage over Khivar. Nicholas, seeing Jason’s movement, immediately stopped it by holding his sword out so that it touched the Adam’s apple of Jason’s throat.

“I don’t think so.” Nicholas gave the sword a gentle push with his words.

Before Jason could do anything else the rocks around them started vibrating. Everyone looked around as small rocks began to fall from the ceiling and walls. The ground beneath them began to shake, just a little at first then more violently until larger rocks fell. Suddenly all five were thrown off their feet from a blast from an unknown source.

As the dust settled, it was Liz who stirred first. She moaned in pain as she opened her eyes and shifted her body so she could get a look around. Her hands were still bound behind her back but she could see that she was thrown a good distance from Khivar, who was lying several feet from her, unmoving. Closer she saw Max lying unconscious as well. A sob escaped her as she tried to call out to him.

When Liz tried to sit up, she cried out in pain. Her left shoulder was now buzzing as tears came to her eyes and her breathing stopped. Making herself breath, Liz tried moving her shoulder again. A sharp pain contracted her body. Looking over, she could see it was not in its normal position. She knew it was dislocated.

She looked around and saw the others were still knocked out. No one would be of help and she needed to go to Max. She could see the blood flowing from a wound on his head and one of his legs was at an odd angel, surely broken.

Biting hard on her lip she forced her body to sit up as she swallowed the shriek of pain that threatened with the movement. On her knees, Liz was able to turn to the wall she was thrown against. She knew what she had to do and knew it wouldn’t be pleasant. Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, Liz braced her body as she slammed her left shoulder against the wall.

“Goddess!” She whimpered when she felt her shoulder shift back into place.

Liz leaned against the wall for several moments catching her breath and tried to fend off the dizziness threatening to overtake her. With her body still trembling from all that had happened she turned and shifted back so that she sat on the floor. With extreme care Liz managed to bring her bound hands in front of her by slipping them under her legs. It caused a great deal of discomfort but she needed the use of her hands. Only then could she make her way over to Max.

“Max.” She whispered as her hands brushed his hair from his face. In the dim light she couldn’t see how bad the wound on his head was. She moved her hands to his throat and felt his pulse beating. It was slow but strong. Liz sighed as she sat back on her heels feeling a little relieved.

A deep moan and grunt disrupted her peace of mind. Turning she saw Nicholas and Khivar beginning to stir. Her eyes shifted to Jason and saw that he had moved as well. Panic surged through her as she lifted her hands and began trying desperately to untie them with her teeth. She let out a frustrated whimper when she saw Khivar stand shakily out of the corner of her eye.

Khivar looked around dazed. He was shocked by what had happened. His body ached from the rocks that pounded on him. He looked across the way and found his prisoner kneeling by his brother, who was unconscious and bleeding. The wave of anger rushed back. The Pathian Queen was his.

Taking a step on trembling legs he picked up his sword and closed the distance between he and his target.

“Ahh, dear Elizabeth. You will soon forget about my bumbling brother.” Khivar sneered down at his brother as he leaned on his sword. He felt off balance from the blast. His hip ached and had noticed a limp with each step he took but he pushed the discomfort back.

Liz looked up, tears streaking her dirt covered face. “Never!” She screamed her frustrations. Her wrists were twisting and turning in the ropes still working on getting them loose.

Behind Khivar, Nicholas was able to stand. He saw Khivar had the situation with Max under control and changed his gaze to Jason, who was barely conscious and seemed to be squirming in pain. An evil grin slanted his lips. Just the thought of Jason in pain put pleasant thoughts in his head.

“Time to put the uncatchable leader out of his misery. Not that I don’t enjoy watching you writhe in pain, but it’s time for me to go.”

Nicholas raised his sword over his head before thrusting it down toward Jason’s chest. Right before it met its mark, Jason swung his body to the left while lifting his right arm up, sword in hand, and knocked the approaching thrust away with enough force to loosen Nicholas’s grip on his weapon.

Jason had the opportunity to get to his feet while Nicholas retrieved his sword and gather himself from the shock. Jason stood, chest heaving, as he ignored the pain coursing through his body. He could feel blood and sweat mixing as they ran beneath his clothing.

“I’m not that easy to get rid of.” Jason rasped as he stepped forward to attack Nicholas who was able to barely block the swipe of the sword as their fight ensued.

Liz meanwhile leaned over Max’s body while looking up at Khivar, her eyes flaming with anger and steeled her body for the worst.

“Move over Elizabeth. It would be a shame to damage such beauty.” Khivar ordered.

Liz shook her head. “No. If you kill him, you’ll have to take me too.”

Khivar looked down and saw her eyes cold and hard. He could hear the truth in her words but he couldn’t let it be that easy. He wanted to possess all that was Max’s. Including Pathia and its Queen. Antar, along with its Queen’s land was no longer profitable. Nor was it a challenge. He grew bored and was in need of a challenge. Khivar reached down and took hold of Liz’s arm. Using all his strength he threw her away from Max.

“Not yet. Not until I’m done with you.” Khivar growled.

Khivar raised his sword, ready for the final blow that would end his brother’s life once and for all.

“NO!” A scream sounded just as a whoosh cut the air.

Khivar felt a sharp sting in his shoulder as it was jerked back. The movement loosened his grip on his sword. Another pain filled his opposite shoulder knocking him back two steps. Khivar looked down as his sword dropped to find two arrows sticking from his body. He lifted his head and saw a man standing in the darkness but next to him in the dim light stood a woman holding a bow.

“What…?” Khivar’s expression was one of surprise. He didn’t know who this woman was but she’d somehow managed to disarm him.

“It’s time Antar and Mantinga were free of your tyranny.” Lyssa announced as she let another arrow go, its mark Khivar’s heart.

Khivar stumbled back a few more steps, his expression full of shock. His hands went to the last arrow and tried unsuccessfully to pull it out.

Lyssa rushed to Liz and Max. She put her bow down and cut the ties on Liz’s hands with her dagger. Liz turned and watched Khivar fall to his knees. Liz stood and went to him.

“Liz. Don’t.” Lyssa warned. She let her dagger rest easy in her palm, ready for use.

Liz paid her no heed. She picked up Khivar’s dropped sword and stepped closer.

“No.” Khivar’s protests came out in whispers. He was having a hard time catching his breath.

“This is for all the pain you’ve caused your family and people.” Liz said as she lifted the sword. With a grunt Liz shoved the sword through Khivar’s chest then jerked it up silencing him. She released the handle as he fell back, his unseeing eyes open wide.

Lyssa came and wrapped an arm around Liz’s shoulder and led her back to Max. As she did so, she glanced to where Nicholas and Jason still fought while Aryk was circling around. All three men were oblivious to what had just happened. She let Liz kneel beside Max and take him into her arms, then situated herself so that she could protect them while watching the fight that ensued nearby.

Jason was tiring as he met every blow Nicholas gave. His knees were weakened and finally gave way as Nicholas struck his blade hard upon Jason’s upheld one. Both men were breathing harshly, the scent of sweat and blood clung to the heavy air. Nicholas grinned as he raised his sword for one final blow, knowing Jason had run out of steam.

The sword thrust down for its deadly mark when once more it was brushed away. Nicholas turned, surprised to see Aryk standing to his side. Before Nicholas could react, Aryk lunged forward, the tip of his weapon plunged deeply into his enemy’s stomach. Nicholas dropped his sword when both hands wrapped around the double-edged blade protruding from his body.

“You.” Nicholas gasped before falling to his knees.

“Yes. Vengeance ends today.” He pushed the sword deeper then pulled up.

Nicholas gasped one final breath before falling over. Dead.

Aryk kneeled down next to Jason and patted his shoulder. “Come on old man. Time to return home.”

Jason raised his head and gave the younger man a smile. “That sounds good.”

The two men rose then went to where Max lay. Together they lifted his body and carried him out.

TBC...