Yellow (M/L AU Mature) COMPLETE 08/06/2006

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Yeah! A new part!!!!! Finally! It has taken me way too long, but here's finally a new chapter! Thanks for the feedback, you have no idea how much they mean to me!

Maxssoulmate
begonia9508
POM
sam_me
KatnotKath
Youre my dreamgirl
Believer
dreamer 19

Thank you guys :D!!

xx Ivy

Part 10

Max is still asleep at my hand. Like I already told you, there’s no way in the world to wake him up . I rip my hand free and try to push the button to call someone.

10 seconds later the room is filled with doctors and nurses, trying to examine me. Through all this commotion Max finally wakes up, he stands up and he keeps looking into my eyes.

He walks away, not breaking eye contact with me and then leaves the room. I’m devastated. Don’t I mean anything to him anymore? But as soon as I think the words, I remember I left Max …

Max POV

I stand to the wall next to Liz’s room. She’s awake. Finally she’s awake. I can’t believe it. All the memories of the last two months; from the first time I came here to visit her until today, the day she woke up …

“Mr. Evans, this is the reason why Liz is unconscious … She was 24 weeks pregnant and went in labour, due to her rare medical history.”

“Is it a boy or girl?”

“Max, you have to sleep. You haven’t slept in ages.”

“Did you name her yet?”

“Max, she’ll be fine. It’s Liz we’re talking about.”

“Can she hear?”

“Miss DeLuca, if Liz doesn’t wake up soon, there’s a chance that maybe she might never wake up again.”

“Max!”

The memories of Liz’s words only some minutes ago, seemed like a dream to me. But they are true. I keep trying to remember all those moments of the last two months that I don’t notice Maria and Isabel enter. Some coincidence that they are just today in Roswell.

They stayed for a week and then came to visit when they had time. They still have their own lives. Maria as a singer and Isabel, well she manages Liz’s studio back in Boston, with the help of Evelynn, Liz’s assistant.

“Max, what happened? Suddenly all the doctors are running towards her room.” Isabel asks all hysterically.

“She … She’s awake.” I barely can say the words myself. I still can’t believe it.

Isabel starts crying and Maria also can’t hold her tears anymore longer. The two enter the room after an awkward silence. I decide I’m not ready to see Liz and I go home.

Well, not really home. But home for the last 2 months. The first thing I do is go to Liz’s old room to see my daughter, my little angel. She’s the only good thing that came from this mess.

Two months ago, I thought she wouldn’t make it, that I would both lose Liz and my little angel. But she proved me wrong. Although she was a premature, she was perfectly healthy. She had to stay in the hospital for some time, but they released her two weeks ago. I spent all my free time with her and when I was at the hospital, Nancy and Jeff would look after her. They’re still not used to being grandparents. But you can’t really see they love already her.

I enter the house and I see Nancy, who I assume is thinking something bad happened to Liz. Because normally, I wouldn’t be home until late this night and I told her if something happened I would come home early. Something happened, just not bad, good.

I realise Liz is indeed awake and I have to come to reality again. Liz and I still have our issues. And I don’t know if we are getting through them. But the top priority is that Liz is awake and now she finally can see our daughter.

Liz POV

The doctors are finally gone. At last, some time alone for me. Isabel and Maria will probably come back. I don’t want them to come back. It’s not that I don’t want them here, I’m glad they were here earlier, but they don’t need to come back. They are both hectic about me, they need to be sure that I’m okay. But I’m fine. They are overreacting and that’s not good for their babies. And I know there’s something they are not telling me.

There’s only one person I want to see right now and he is just the person who is too afraid to visit me.

I can’t believe I was in coma for two whole months. I mean two months, that’s like an eternity! I think it’s very long to be in a coma. I can’t believe I even woke up. But I woke up, so I mustn’t think negative and focus on the future. I have to decide if Max will be a part of my future or not.

You know, I’m actually a little disappointed. I read stories about deaf people who could hear after they went in coma. I also am deaf and I went in coma, but now I’m still deaf. I probably won’t ever hear again. And that frightens me. That I’ll never hear Max’s voice. I never heard his voice and I’ll never will.

I look outside the window. It’s a sunny day. I see a nurse enter, filling in some files and smiling and then she leaves. Is this all that’s gonna happen when I’m here? Then Maria enters and she’s still hiding something from me. She goes back outside and then enters again. What is she doing?

“Liz, there’s someone who would like to meet you …” Maria mouths to me and I get curious. Did they make some new friends while I was in coma?

Maria walks to the door, opens it and goes sitting in the chair next to my bed. I stare at the door, but nobody’s entering. I look at Maria, but she points at the door.

At that moment Max is entering. But he’s not alone. He’s holding a baby. A baby? Who’s baby is it? It can’t be Maria’s or Isabel’s. They’re both still pregnant. Max is looking happy. He smiles to the baby, who I assume is a girl, because she’s wearing a pink outfit. Then Max begins to speak and I look careful at his mouth. “Liz, this is Kaelynn, our daughter.”

And I don’t know what to say.
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Yeah! Finally here's the next part. Truth be told, I had this part written since May. But I guess I kinda forgot I had another part ready. I'm very ashamed of myself. I hope I have the next part after the weekend.

xxx Ivy

Part 11

I must’ve lost my touch to read other’s people’s lips, because I would swear I just have read on Max’s lips that baby is mine. “What did you say?”

“This is our daughter, Kaelynn.”

Yep, I lost my touch. “Max, could you write it down please?”

He rolls his eyes. Obviously he’s a little pissed off. Maybe it’s true. He hands the baby to Maria and writes something on a piece of paper and then hands it to me.

There it stands, black on white. ‘Isn’t she beautiful, our little girl, Kaelynn?’

I’m really a mother.

Kaelynn. Kaelynn. Kaelynn.

You know, it kinda is a beautiful name. I wonder why Max called her that.

It’s now three days since I found out I was a mother. And still, it doesn’t make sense to me. How in the world can I be mother, when I didn’t even know I was pregnant? But still, now I am.

I know, the doctors told me how that would be possible: being pregnant and still having my period. It would have something to do with my irregular period. And why I didn’t have a visible bump? That was because I had so little amniotic fluid.

I still can’t believe it.

I haven’t seen Max since he let me see Kaelynn for the first time. Maria came with Kaelynn a few times the last days. She asked if I wanted to hold her. I wanted to, I really wanted to. But if I would, that would mean I really am this girl’s mother. And that would mean I will have a future that contains a part of Max. I don’t know if I want that.

A nurse comes in to bring me breakfast. She mumbles something while she writes something on her paper. I think it’s about my condition. But why doesn’t she tell me then with her looking at me? She knows I’m deaf, she knows it. So why does do what she’s doing now then?

And then she looks me in the face and she understands that I don’t have a clue of what she just said. She excuses herself and then leaves the room. Now, I still don’t know what she has said.

I eat breakfast in silence.

Mum visited me yesterday and the day before yesterday. She’s glad I’m awake. And she told about dad that he’s happy too. But he refused to visit me. He’s still mad about me for leaving Max. Well, not really mad, just disappointed. He always pictured us married and then have a bunch of kids. In that order. Now Max and I have a daughter together. But we are not married. So my dad is mad. But I was the one who wanted to get married, Max didn’t want to. I wanted to have children, Max didn’t. So why am I now the guilty one?

I see the door open. “Max …” with Kaelynn.

“Hey.” He mumbles. “How are you?”

I smile. He smiles. We still can talk. “I’m fine, well … what you can call fine. But I’ll live.”

He stops smiling. Okay, that didn’t came out the way I wanted. There was a moment in the last two months where they weren’t sure I would live.

“You want to hold her?” He asks.

I look at him. He really wants me to hold her. You can see he has already bonded with her. He loves her. He wants me to bond with her. He wants me to love her. “I don’t know …”

He stares at me with his puppy eyes. He practically begs me to hold her. “Max, I can’t. I’m not …”

He’s getting angry. “Oh come on, Liz! She’s your daughter for god’s sake! You wanted to have a child. Well, now you have one and you don’t want to hold her. I don’t understand you anymore. Where’s the old Liz?”

Now I’m getting angry. “The old Liz, the old Liz? Maybe she’s still in Boston, where I left her the day I left you. May even be the best thing I ever did!”

At that exact moment Isabel enters. She heard that. Max hands Kaelynn over to Isabel and storms out of the room.

It wasn’t my intention to say that “I … I didn’t mean that.” I tell Isabel.

“I know you didn’t.” She says. She walks over to me and still holds Kaelynn, making all that comfy sounds that make Kaelynn laugh. I smile when I see her laugh. “She’s really beautiful, you know. A perfect mix of Max and Liz. I hope my little boy will be as beautiful as my little niece here.” Boy?

“A boy? I thought you are having a girl?” I ask.

“Well, apparently not.” She smiles. “Did you know why Max called her Kaelynn?”

“No, don’t have a clue. I guess I just thought he liked the name.”

“Well, he named him after your favourite aunt. Katherine Lynne. And the name Kaelynn means ‘meadow’ and that reminded him of you. How you would always run through the grasslands in the summer and how you would look then ”

“Yeah, I love that.” I say and I think about the times I did that.

“Liz, do you want to hold her?”

Yeah, I really want to. I need to. I nod. I want to hold her.

Isabel gives her to me. “Here you go.”

I look at her and I cry. I finally realise I really am a mother. “Hey little girl. I’m Liz. I’m your mother. You’re a beauty. Yes you are. You are really beautiful.” I say to my little girl. Yeah, she’s mine. Mine and Max’s. Its then I realise something.

I kiss her forehead and hold her against me. I want to be her mother. I need to be her mother. And I’m going to be good at it. So now I only have to find a way to make things right with Max.

TBC
My Fics

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness. " --- Friedrich Nietzche
Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Hello everybody!

Yes! I'm here with a new part! Hope you all will like it :D

Thanks for the feedback!

Part 12

Four days later I leave the hospital. I tried to bond with Kaelynn. It’s difficult, but slowly it’s progressing. I can’t believe I missed the first two months of her life. But I’m planning on being here for her for the rest of my life. I went back to Boston yesterday. For the time being, I’m staying with Maria and Michael. Sleeping on their couch, how comfy …

I haven’t talked to Max since the day he introduced me to my daughter. Of course he has been seeing Kaelynn. He went with her the day before yesterday on the plane, I went yesterday. So, how did I get Kaelynn without seeing Max? Simple, Max left Kaelynn with Isabel and I went to pick her up.

Luckily I have Maria’s help. When Kaelynn was crying last night, Maria woke me up. That’s something that maybe is the dullest thing about being deaf. I can’t even hear my daughter cry in the middle of the night. But I hope Max and I will work things out soon, so that we all are living together with Kaelynn. I can’t wait.

So now, I only have to fix things with Max and I think that’s going to be the most difficult part. I don’t think he’s going to forgive me this easy. I mean, I just left without even giving him a proper reason for me leaving.

I didn’t want to hold our daughter at first. You must think I’m a terrible girlfriend and a terrible mother. You’re right. I am.

But that’s all going to change this instant.

I’m standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom of Maria and Michael’s apartment, practising my speech. Funny, isn’t it? I can’t even say to the love of my life my true feelings and my views on our relationship. If we even have a relationship …Well, anyway, can’t you imagine me doing this?

I used to be able to do this without things prepared. I just had to look into his eyes and everything would work itself out. It was so simple when we were together. I now realise I never felt more safe than when I was with Max. And that living in a fantasy thing, that was just bullshit. I was just angry at myself and I blamed Max. I never should have done that.

But that are things from past. I have to live here and now and that’s right here in Boston with Max and Kaelynn.

I ask Maria to call a cab for me and Kaelynn to bring us to Isabel’s. 15 minutes later, I arrive there and Isabel opens the door. “Liz, hi! There’s she is! My little niece. Don’t you look adorable!” Isabel is great with kids. She can’t wait to be a mother herself. She’s going to be a great mother. She’s already a terrific aunt.

“Isabel, thanks for taking her.” I leave her with Isabel and Alex and step back in the taxi.

During the ride, I look at the city and its beautiful sights. Boston is really a beautiful city to live in. Tonight is the night; a new start in my life. Just what I need.

I get out of the cab and walk over to our apartment building. I realise I haven’t been here in more than three months. I wonder how it will look; maybe Max changed something. I walk to our apartment.

I wait and I wait and I’m not sure if I should go there and meet him and tell him my whole story. I decide to do it. I didn’t fly all the way here to come back and not do anything. No, I’m going to knock on the door, hoping Max will open it, so that I can tell my story.

I lever my hand, sigh and knock on the door. But before my fist touches the door, it is opened. Max is standing there, holding some trash bags in his hands. Obviously, he is surprised to see me, because he just keeps looking at me and his mouth is open, but there aren’t coming any words out of it. I try to break the silence, “Hi …”

“Hi,” he says hesitant. For a few moments neither of us know what to say. I feel desire taken over and my instinct says to kiss him. I just follow it without thinking.

The kiss comes unexpected for him and he backs off. I look into his eyes with regret and sorrow. “I’m sorry,” I apologise. I still look into his eyes. “I’m sorry for everything I’ve put you through. I’m soo sorry!”

He released the trash bags, grabs my face and kisses me hard. I don’t protest. This is what I want. The kiss is passionate and is filled with the desire and loneliness of the past three months of not being to do this together.

He slams the door and slowly we are walking towards the bedroom. My eyes are closed; I don’t even take the time to look around in the apartment. I don’t want to know. All I want to do is be with Max, where I was supposed to be whole my life.

We enter our bedroom. I haven’t been here in three months. I still can’t believe that I actually left him. What was I a coward. But that was the past and now it’s the present and I have to focus on that and the future.

I’m so glad I left Kaelynn with Isabel and Alex.

I land on the bed smiling. This feels good. Max stares at me, laughing. Is he as glad as me? He leans towards me and kisses me overpoweringly.

His hands go beneath my top and slowly he takes it off. 15 seconds later, all our clothes are off and it leads to maybe the most beautiful night of my life.

Just before I drift to sleep, I say, “I love you”. He kisses my cheek. Too bad I can’t hear if he said something back.
My Fics

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 13

Post by Poison Ivy »

Here's a new part!

I hope my faithful readers will like this part. I kept rewriting it until this version. I'm still not completely satisfied with it, but I still hope you like it.

And I'm sad to let you notifie that after this part there's only one part left. But that part will be extra long.

On with the show ...

Part 13

I wake up and I realise I’m laying in Max’s arms. Oh, this feels so good. This feels really good. I can’t believe I wanted to miss this. There’s nothing better in the world than waking up in Max’s arms. It’s a little piece of heaven, right here on earth. Although it happened with a lot of drama I wouldn’t trade it for anything else in the world. Well, maybe, maybe one thing.

He's still asleep and he looks peaceful. He groans and opens his eyes. He mouths a ‘hi’ to me. I say ‘hi’ back and give him a sweet kiss on his lips and I smile. I want to back out, but he captures in a fierce kiss and before I know it, we are making love again after an evening – and a night, I might add – of experiencing the most intimate part of what a relationship can be.

I soon fall asleep again. Asleep in his arms.

I open my eyes and look at the clock. Its then I become aware of the fact that it's almost noon and Max isn't lying next to me anymore.. But I find a letter on his pillow.

<I> Dear Liz

You were sleeping too peacefully to wake up. I’m picking up Kaelynn at Isabel’s house. It’s time for us to be a real family. All my dreams are coming true, but I know we have some things we need to talk about. But we will do that, when the time is right.

In a moment I will being going to have breakfast, but I expect by the time you read this, I will have finished hours ago.

I love you Liz. Thanks for giving me Kaelynn and more important thanks for letting me in your heart again.

Love, Max</I>

I’m captured by his words and I start to cry. I dress myself and I head to the kitchen to see Kaelynn sleeping in her cradle and Max sitting on a chair with his head down and a letter in his hand.

I walk over to him, wrap my arms around him and kiss him on his cheek. He doesn’t do or say anything back and I wonder if I have done something wrong. He still looks at the letter.

He still doesn’t say anything as he stands and walks over to Kaelynn. I’m left behind, without a clue what’s going on. The letter has fallen on the ground and I pick it up and begin to read.

<I> Dear Miss Parker,

We are delighted to inform you that you have been chosen to participate in our new investigation in Roswell, New Mexico …</I>

I have no idea why he’s upset. He has put Kaelynn back in her crib, who has fallen asleep.

“You are going back to Roswell?” He says, using sign language in order not to wake up Kaelynn.
“What are you talking about?”

“Well, the letter, it says about the investigation in Roswell!” He says. “I thought, we were okay now. I know, we’ve a lot to talk about, but I really thought we would finally be a family now. And now there’s a letter about some research back in Roswell. Aren’t we going to stay here in Boston?”

He hasn’t read the whole letter. I bet he doesn’t even know what the research is about. “Max, read the whole letter …”

He gets a little angry and jerks the letter out of my hand. While he’s reading the letter, the anger on his lips grows in a smile. “Hearing?”

“Yes,” I answer with my hands and I tell him all about a doctor who approached me, when I was in the hospital. They were making a new device that would allow deaf people who had heard once in their life to hear again. Since I was one of those people, they did all kinds of tests, to find out if I was an appropriate candidate for the hearing device. The letter proves it was.

“There’s a possibility that I can hear again.” I show and he comes over to kiss me; a kiss filled with passion and feelings we were both to scared to show. I love these kisses. “And I can just do the research here in Boston, which you would have known if you read the full letter!” I illustrate smiling.

He reads the letter and I see him blush. He mouths a sorry and kisses me again.

A month later

“Okay, Miss Parker. That’s how you place your hearing device on your ear,” the doctor explains. “And if you press this button, then the device will work.” He continues and I nod.

“But I have to warn you, Miss Parker.” He informs me. “We have had successful results with this new device; people who hadn’t heard in years could hear like a normal person again. But there were also people who tried and hadn’t had any success with this. But I hope it works for you.” He goes on as I read the words on his lips. He gives the remote for my hearing device. “I give you the honour.”

I accept it and sigh. I close my eyes and I press the button.

Nothing. I hear nothing. Then, suddenly I hear somebody say to me “Liz?”. I turn around and I see Max. Max said something to me and I can hear him. I can hear. I walk over to him and I kiss him gently on the lips. “I love you!” I hear him say. This is the first time I hear him say those words. I know he has showed like thousand times before, but still it’s special.

“I love you too!” I respond. And for the first time in 20 years I hear my own voice. It’s beautiful.

Maybe my dream of my fairy tale wedding still can come true.
My Fics

Poison Ivy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Poison Ivy »

Okay, we've come to and end here. Here below is the last part of 'Yellow'. First all, I want to thank everybody who had the time to read this story and left feedback. You have no idea, how much that meant.

And then, I want to thank my beta for this story, the terrific madroswellfan aka Mel. She has helped me a lot through this fic. Unfortunately, she's away on holiday right now. But I'm sure she will get the news on how much I owe her.

I also wanted to thank Luzser1800 aka Lynda to beta this last part for me, since Mel was on holiday. Thank you very much!

And then, of course - I almost forgot - I have to thank the amazing Lin4u, who made it impossible for me not to finish this story. Lin, thank you so much! I owe you big time!

Here's the epilogue, I hope you all enjoy.

Epilogue

One year later

“Liz, you’re ready?” Maria asks me. I turn around and I see her. She’s still my best friend after everything we’ve been through.

“Totally ready!” I say and we walk out of the door.

This last year has been wonderful for me. For Max and me. We talked everything through and after some months of hard time I couldn’t have been happier.

In January I went into a coma and I had Kaelynn. In March I woke up and a month later I could hear again. Everything is great. Life couldn’t get better, you would think? I thought it wouldn’t, but I was so wrong.

It was the fourth of July, last year and things could get better.

<I>
I’m waiting for Max. I just got back from Roswell after visiting my parents and the hospitals for a routine check. He asked to meet me here in the park in down town Boston. I don’t know why. I missed him. I missed him and Kaelynn really bad. I cried myself to sleep last night, because I hadn’t seen them in 4 days. It was hard.

I look around and I see Max approaching. Only Max. Where’s Kaelynn? “Hey sweetie! I missed you.” I say as I kiss and hug him.

“I missed you too!”

“Where’s Kaelynn?” I ask as our hug ends.

“She’s with my parents.” He answers as he takes my hand and leads me somewhere. “Come on, let’s go.” He guides me to a part of the park I haven’t seen yet and I realize it’s more beautiful here than the rest of the park. There’s a large lawn with a picnic basket on a sheet in the middle.

We have a nice picnic and it reminds me of the simple things we used to do and how happy they made me. We lay together on the sheet for some time and look at the sky. It’s perfect. I wouldn’t have found a better way to spend this Fourth of July. Then suddenly he stands up and takes my hand.

“Liz, there aren’t enough words to describe how much I love you. I wake every morning and I pinch myself to see if I’m not dreaming. I’m not. It’s a reality that I have you by my side. I have someone I love and who loves me back. We had some hard times lately, but we managed to conquer them. We have a beautiful daughter together, who I love more than anything. Liz, I love you with all heart and I couldn’t imagine a life without you. Will you marry me?”

This is it. Max proposed. I’ve waited for this moment a very long time and it’s finally happening. “I will …” I answer and I kiss him.

Our kiss is broken by the tone of Max’s cell phone. Always when things get good, we get interrupted. “What? … Okay, we will be right there!”

“What happened?” I ask, totally wondering if something bad has occurred.

“Isabel’s water broke.” </I>

Yeah, on the day Max and I got engaged, Isabel went in labour. A little before midnight she gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. They decided to name him Shaun Andrew Whitman. Max was the godfather and Diane, Isabel’s stepmother, became the godmother. They all couldn’t be happier.

But the big surprise came from Maria. In the middle of the birth of Shaun, she announced that she was having contractions. Her water was broken. Everybody was surprised because Maria wasn’t due for three weeks. She and Michael had married 4 weeks earlier, by the way. On the 5th of July, a little after 2 that night, she became a mother. She and Maria had a little girl. They gave her the name Liesl Kathryn Guerin, after the eldest daughter out of ‘The Sound Of Music’, Maria’s favourite movie. I became godmother of Liesl and Alex the godfather.

Jep, that’s right. Two babies in two days. That was some good news, huh? Well, anyway we decided to wait to tell them the news about our engagement. We wanted to keep it to us and we wanted to live our life first with Kaelynn. Max had a surprise for us.

He didn’t quite like the idea of raising a child in the city. So, out of the nowhere, one day he brought Kaelynn and I to a house in the suburbs of Boston. The first moment I saw the house, I fell in love with it. I just had to forgive Max the fact that he bought a house without even consulting me about how I would feel. But if you saw the house, you couldn’t be mad at him. It’s your dream house. You know, a beautiful white house with a white picket fence and nice front garden and an even more beautiful and large garden in the back. And on the inside, a dream the house was.

We moved to the house in the middle of August. We gave a housewarming party the first week we moved in. Not really a party, just me and Max, the Whitmans, the Guerins, my parents and Max’s parents. That are 13 people, isn’t that a party? Well anyway, they were a there and we announced we were getting married.

They weren’t surprised. Everybody thought they would declare it sooner or later. Isabel even commented that it took so long. I thought it was actually very soon after everything we’ve been through. Well anyway, finally we could be a family. Something, I longed for my whole life.

So the months passed and Max and I prepared the wedding and every thing. On Christmas Eve, we were all together celebrating it at our house. Kaelynn took us by surprise. That night, after everybody left, Max and me were watching Kaelynn sleeping and suddenly she woke up and smiled. And then, she said her first word. You probably think it was ‘mommy’ or ‘daddy’ or something like that. But it wasn’t, it totally wasn’t. Her first word was ‘Kaelynn’. Can you believe it? Well, I couldn’t in the beginning. But Max and I had a good laugh and smiled greatly at her.

Then in January, we celebrated Kaelynn’s first birthday. You had to see the look on her face, when she had all those presents she got from us and family and friends. She got a lot that day. I’m actually deciding, if we would give her some stuff next birthday. Because, in my opinion, she received enough for three birthdays. But maybe also not, because your birthday is only once a year. We’ll see.

Anyway, the preparations for our wedding progressed and we finally decided on a wedding date. April 17. And that where we are today. It’s April 17 and today I’m gonna be Mrs. Max Evans. Finally.

I follow Maria outside, where the ceremony will be held.

My father walks me to the aisle. Max stands there and he smiles. It’s finally happening. Slowly I walk over to him on my father’s arm. I look around and I see everybody. Old college friends, friends from high school, people I don’t know but my parents insisted I should invite, in the front there is my mother with my sweetheart, Kaelynn. Next to them are Philip and Diane with a handful Shaun. On the other side is Amy with her perfect little granddaughter Liesl.

Then, in the front stand the best men and my bridesmaids. Isabel is my maid of honour; Evelynn and Maria are my bridesmaids. Michael and Alex are the best men. I smile to Max and he smiles back, which causes me to smile again. My father gives me a kiss on the cheek and sits next to my mum. Max takes my hands and guides me to our place.

The priest begins the ceremony and before I know it, it’s time for our vows. I start.

“Max, I think from the first day we met, I knew your were the one for me and I knew I was gonna spend the rest of my life with you. We have already been through a lot together, and I believe that God has been preparing us for this moment and for our future together. I promise to keep the good memories alive, and to let the bad ones die. I will treat each morning as a new day to love you, the gift I have been given. I am so in love with you, that I want to promise to stand beside you through thick and thin, through good and bad, through joy and sorrow. I want to spend the rest of my life hearing your thoughts and seeing your dreams. I promise to do my best to make our lives better and better from this day on because I am so amazed by you. I, Liz Parker, take you, Max Evans, to be my husband, my partner, my best friend, my confidant, my soul mate.”

“Liz, … Together, we can accomplish anything. See all the things we already have accomplished. Together, we will be better than we could be alone. I wouldn’t survive, if I didn’t see your face of hear your voice everyday. Together, we will share our love with the world. Together, our love will grow into a bond too strong to break and we will be an example for everyone who has lost beliefs in true love. Our love may be like the ebb and tide of the ocean, but it will always flow. Through the good and bad, I want you to always know that I will be by your side. I will be there for you in the ups and downs of life. I promise to be there for you in your laughter and your tears, in your sickness and your health, in your comfort and your fears, in your poverty and your wealth. I know that our love is heaven sent, and I promise to be there for you for all your life. I, Max Evans, take you, Liz Parker, to be my wife, my partner, my best friend, my confidant, my soul mate.”

I almost cry when I hear his words. I know they come straight from his heart. The ceremony continues, until the ring vows.

“Max, do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife, promise to love and cherish her, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, and forsaking all others keep yourself only unto her, for so long as you live."

“I do.” Max says and he slides the ring on my finger.

“Liz, do you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband, promise to love and cherish him, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer, for better or worse, and forsaking all others keep yourself only unto him, for so long as you live.”

“I do.” I say and I slide the ring on his finger.

“You have declared before all of us that you will live together in marriage. You have made special promises to each other, which have been symbolized by the joining of hands, taking of vows and the giving and receiving of two rings. By the authority vested in me as a Minister in the state of Massachusetts I now pronounce you to be husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.” The priest ends and Max kisses me lightly on the lips.

My life is as perfect as it can be.

The end
My Fics