Get it Together (M/L AU ADULT) Epilogue 1/27/07

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the great feedback! Hope you all like the new part! See you all again next week!

Big shout out to my AMAZING beta La'shon, this fic would be nothing without you and all your wonderful help! Thanks so much hun!!

Also Thanks To:
FSU/MSW-94: Thanks sweetie! You know I couldn't write this fic without you! :wink:
LairaBehr4: Well I'll deal with some of the mess for now lol, oh and just feedbacked ESL, I suggest you update soon :wink: lol
roswell3053: Thanks for the feedback!! :D
begonia9508: That seems to be the frustration on everyone's minds, but then there wouldn't be a story would there? lol
Thanks for the feedback! :D
dreamsatnight: Hopefully this will cheer you up a lil? Lol. Thanks for the feedback! :D
Queen Fee: I think you'll be satisfied, hopefully lol :wink:
Earth2Mama: Thanks for the feedback!! :D
Emz80m Thanks for the feedback Emma!! :D
Kitten: We'll see :twisted: lol
maya: Thanks for the feedback! Oh and I want an update on Stow Away and Break Me, and Behind Bars too :lol:
jojo: Thanks for the feedback!! :D

Chapter 10

Liz cried the entire way home, and when she walked in her house she ignored her parents and everyone else and ran into her room and collapsed on her bed.

She clutched onto her pillow tight as she rocked with sobs. She didn’t know why it hurt so much, her heart was thumping, and it hurt like a bitch. The tears refused to stop, and it was getting so bad that she couldn’t breathe.

She knew that Max was right, she was being selfish, but how could she not be? How could he ask her to let go of her heart? She knew what was going on in Iraq, and it wasn’t good, she couldn’t risk loosing him. Even if he went into a different field, there was always a chance of him being deployed into Iraq and then what would she do when he did? What would she do if she lost him?

Life was so unfair. Things were prefect for the two of them. They shared so much love, and despite what people thought, they were happy. They were extremely happy, how could he make a decision to jeopardize all that?

“Lizzie?” Maria said poking her head in after she opened the door. When she found Liz crying she rushed to her side.

“Oh sweetie, Max called me as soon as you left. He said to go after you. Baby what happened?” Maria asked as she soothed Liz; running her hands through her hair.

“He didn’t tell you?” She calmed down a little bit, but she was still sobbing, and it was hard to get the words out.

“Tell me what?”

“He enrolled in the army.” She cried. Maria looked at her in shock and took a deep breath. She closed her eyes; she wished that he wouldn’t do that. She had spoken to Alex about it earlier, and he had said that he too was deciding on it.

“Lizzie, maybe it’s what’s best. We know Max, he wouldn’t make a decision without thinking it through, especially one as big as this. And I know it’s hard, but you need to think about him, imagine how hard it is for him. You need to be there for him Liz, he needs you right now.” Maria said.

“How can I let him make this decision that I don’t approve of Maria? How am I supposed to let him go, knowing that something could happen to him? How do you expect me to feel about worrying every second, if he’s going to get deployed, and then what if he does, what am I suppose to do then? How can I live without him Maria?” Liz cried.

“I know sweetie, and it’s going to be hard, but nothing’s ever easy. Things don’t come that easily, it does for us because well I don’t know why we got lucky, but others have to suffer to follow their dreams.”

“It’s so unfair Maria, it’s so unfair.”

“I know babe, but its life. You can’t do anything about it, but you can just make it better. Go, talk to Max, he needs you hun, there’s no one else that can help him through this.” Liz got up and wiped her tears.

“Thanks for always being here Maria.” She leaned in to give her a hug.

“I’ll always be here Liz, always.”

<centeR>*****</center>

“Hi sweetie, come on in.” Lauren said when she saw Liz in the door. She looked as bad as she did, and she knew that she was as worried as she was.

“Thank-you. Is Max in?” Liz asked politely. Lauren nodded.

“In his room.” Liz smiled weakly in thanks and walked to his room. Lauren sighed and walked back into her room, when were things going to be good for her?

Liz knocked on his door but got no answer so she just walked in. She saw Max lying down on his bed his arms over his head with, staring up at the ceiling.

“Hey.” Liz said softly. Max turned his head immediately at the sound of her voice. He jumped up.

“Oh Liz, thank-god, I’m so sorry…” Liz shushed him with her finger on his lips. She kneeled down on her knees so that their faces were level, she had tears running down her cheeks, but when she looked into his eyes she only felt a sense of comfort.

She replaced her finger with her lips and she kissed him avidly. When they pulled apart Liz pushed him back against the bed so that he was lying on his back. She climbed on top of him and laid her head on his chest and listened to his heart beat. She reached for his hand and tangled her fingers with his, and that’s how they laid for what seemed like hours, when in reality it was only a couple of minutes.

“I’m sorry Max. You were right I was being selfish. But I just don’t know how to let go.” Liz said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“No I’m sorry baby. You were only trying to help, and I shouldn’t have said those things I said. You only suggested what you did because you cared. I was just so frustrated, my mom was already giving me shit about it, and I just wanted you to support me.”

“I know, and I should have. But I can’t support something I don’t approve of Max. But just because I don’t approve of it, doesn’t mean that I’ll stand in your way. Your decisions are always good ones, and if this is your decision then I’ll stand by you. I don’t commend it, but I’ll be here for you, always and forever.” She promised. He kissed the top of her forehead.

“Thank-you.” Liz nodded.

“So what are your plans?” She asked.

“Alex is going with me. We decided it together. I’m going to be working with Alex in a computer field. Alex is a whiz at that stuff, and I’ve picked a lot up from him.”

“When do you leave?”

“The day after my birthday. We’re being stationed in Pennsylvania, we’re going to be training first, but we might get stationed else where.” Liz sighed and tried to hold back the sobs that were approaching; she needed to be strong for him.

“What about Iraq?”

“I don’t know Liz. It’s really something that might happen, but it’s not something to fear.” Liz snorted.

“Yeah, ok.”

“Baby…”

“Max, just hold me.” Liz said turning on her side. Max wrapped his arms around her, and they lay silently with each other.

Liz knew that things were going to be complicated, and instead of avoiding it, she should face them head on, but she couldn’t right now. When it came to Max, she never thought straight. All she ever thought about was being in his arms forever; nothing else mattered.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys! I'm so sorry i'm a day late, I had this exam today and plus my little one is sick, and things have been kind of hectic. Sorry!

I know this part is kind of short, so i'll probably post the next part sooner than wednesday!

Thanks for the great feedback!!

Big Thanks to La'Shon who's an awesome beta! Love you girl!!

Chapter 11

“Max don’t leave me!” Liz cried as she stood in Max’s arms. This was the worst day of her life.

From the background, Isabel, Alex and Maria watched. Lauren thought it would be best if she didn’t accompany them. It was too hard for her.

Isabel clung onto Alex, she was heartbroken about the situation, and she wanted nothing more than for Alex to stay with her.

“Alex I’m going to miss you so much.” Isabel cried as she wrapped her arms tighter around his neck. Alex sighed. He didn’t want to leave her but he needed to go. He pulled her tighter against him and kissed her on her forehead.

“I’m going to miss you too baby. So much, I’ll always think about you, I promise.”

“You better not fall in love with any hot army girls, or so help me Alex I will hunt you down and kill you, army boy or not I can still take you.” Isabel threatened. Alex let out a laugh.

“There’s no one out there for me besides you. I couldn’t even look at another girl, knowing I have you here.” He reasurred. Isabel smiled and took his face into her hands and leaned in to give him a sweet, passionate kiss.

Watching the two couples from aside, Maria felt more like the outsider, sure she had become close knit with the group, but the love the two couples shared was a different love than she held for all of them.

“This is the only choice I have baby, I don’t want to but I have no other choice.” Max told Liz as he tried to keep his emotions in tact, but in reality his heart was burning and aching from the pain of knowing he might not see her for a while.

Liz sobbed so hard that she couldn’t breathe and her whole body started to cramp up. “Take me with you, I can’t stay here Max. You’re the only one who keeps me sane. You’re the only one who knows me. I need you Max, you’re my only reason for being alive.”

“You don’t know how much I wish that could be, but you’re only 15. Your parents will be furious, I can’t let you go through that.” As much as Max wished he could change things he knew he couldn’t.

Maria felt her heart breaking for Max and Liz. She couldn’t even imagine what Liz was going through. She was going to miss Max a whole lot, and she was worried as hell, after all he was her brother, but she didn’t feel as much as Liz did, no one would ever feel for Max as much as Liz did.

“8:30 flight to Philadelphia International Airport, Pennsylvania now boarding.”

“NO!” Liz cried as she held onto Max for dear life. Maria watched and she knew she had to do something immedietley.

Isabel clung onto Alex, it couldn’t be happening. She pulled him tighter.

“No Alex.” She cried into his neck. Alex ran his hand up and down her back soothingly. He didn’t even imagine it to be this hard.

“I love you Isabel, but I have to go.” He said as he reluctantly pulled apart from her. He gave her yet another kiss, but this time it was shorter.

“I’m sorry, I’ll miss you.” He said. He let go quickly, he knew if he didn’t then, he could never have done it at all.

With one last look he walked over to the gate and handed his boarding pass to the attendant.

Isabel cried and wrapped her arms around herself; the pit in her heart stinging. She stood and watched Max and Liz bid their goodbyes, it was all too overwhelming.

Maria was trying to pry the crying Liz away from Max, and Max pleaded with her. Then Liz gave him one last kiss. It was filled with so much love, so much passion; most people had to turn away because they felt they were intruding in an intimate scene.

When they finally pulled apart Liz looked into his eyes tears running down her cheeks.

“Don’t say bye, it’ll hurt too much.” She whispered. Max nodded and as hard as it was he some how managed to pull apart from her. He placed her into Maria’s arms. With one last nod, he turned away and walked to the gates. He handed his ticket to the plane hostess and before he boarded he took one last look at Liz. Once the plane took off Liz fell apart in Maria’s arms.

“He’s gone, Maria, he’s gone.” She cried. Isabel took her que and walked over to the girls.

“How are you holding up Iz?” Maria asked, as she held the sobbing Liz. Isabel shrugged her shoulders. She kneeled down and soothed Liz as well; thoughts of Alex swimming around in her head.

“Liz sweetie, we have to go.” Maria whispered in her ear as she stroked her hair. Liz didn’t know what to think. She just watched the man she loved, the man who held her heart; lead into the unknown, to a place where she couldn’t hold him, a place where she couldn’t see him, a place where she could loose him. How was she supposed to go on without him? How was she going to get it together?

When Isabel saw that Maria couldn’t get through she tried, after all she knew what she was going through.

“Liz, Liz listen to me.” Isabel said. Liz turned to look at her, tears streaking down her face.

“You have to get up, and you have to be strong. I know how hard it is, I do. I know because I just lost Alex, but it’s not what they want for us. We need to be strong for them Liz. We need to be the part of them that can keep it together for their sakes.

Sulking isn’t something we can afford to do right now. It may seem like the best option, but it isn’t, Max doesn’t want to see you like this. He loves you, and he only wants you happy. Let him at least get the chance to have what he wants, be happy.” Liz sighed, she knew Isabel was right.

“How can I be happy with him all the way there Iz?”

“Just because he’s all the way doesn’t mean he’s not here with you. He’s in your heart, and he’s going to be the voice in your head always pushing you to get better. Plus, you have your letters, I know Max will write. In time he can call too, you just have to get better, because when he does call and when he does come back, you want to be the strong, independent, amazing girl that he fell in love with.” Liz smiled weakly.

“Thanks Iz.” Liz said leaning into to engulf her into her arms. Maria watched from the outside hurt. She knew that what she was feeling was selfish, and she knew that Isabel was only trying to help, but she felt that she should have been the one to get through to Liz. Even though she didn’t know what it was like, she should have tried. But now wasn’t the time for that, so she put her feelings aside.

Liz got up and straightened herself up. She was still upset, but Isabel was right, she needed to get it together, for Max’s sake.

“You’re right Iz. It’s still going to be hard, but I’m going to try.” Isabel smiled.

“I know you will.” She took Liz’s hand into her own. Liz looked behind and reached for Maria to grab her own hand. Maria promptly took it, and together the three girls walked out the airport; each one desperately trying to keep from falling apart.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys! I'm back early with the newest part, since the last one was a little short. I want to thank you all for the great feedback! It means a lot and I love reading them!! Thanks again!

I hope you all like it! I'll see you all next week!!

Big shout out to La'Shon for betaing this for me, this fic would really be nothing without her, and she deserves credit it for it too. Sorry I missed you the other day on YM, hope to talk to you soon hun!! *muah*

Chapter 12

Liz sighed as she lay on her bed, it had been 3 weeks since Max left and it had been complete hell. She missed seeing him, she missed being in his arms, she missed kissing him, she just missed him so much.

She yearned for him, but it was all useless, he was gone and far away, there was no way they could see each other anytime soon, and it was all so hard. All she had were their letters; they were the only thing that gave her hope.

She looked over at the clock, and saw that it was time for the mail to arrive. She hopped out of bed and ran her way downstairs. She slipped on her slippers once she reached the front door and jetted to the gate, and as if on que, there stood the mail man, whom Liz became on first name basis with in the last 3 weeks.

“Hey Louie!” Liz exclaimed. Louie smiled at the innocent girl, she was always so sweet.

“Liz, how are you today?” He asked kindly.

“I’m good and you?” She said politely.

“I’m fine, well here you go, see you again tomorrow.” He said walking away while whistling some tune.

Liz walked and shoveled through the mail to see if there was a letter from Max, and once she spotted it she squealed in joy. She ran back in the house, and placed the rest of the mail on the coffee table, and ran upstairs to read her letter.

Nancy stood out from the shadows curiously. For 3 weeks straight, Liz had been moping around the house, but when it came time to receive mail, she would run out that door and collect it for the house, and when there was a piece of mail for her, she would prance around like a fairy, and now she wondered what was going on. But, she shook it off, like she did every other day since every day she had a new event to go to, she never had the time to get too into it.

<center>*****</center>

Maria sat in her room, bored. Her parents had guests over, and she was under strict orders to stay in her room.

Maria was sitting at her computer desk, just surfing through the internet, when she looked over to the side and stared at the picture frame that held a picture of her and Liz in it. She sighed, she knew she had been a bad friend lately, Liz needed someone, but she was busy with Michael, she knew it was wrong, but she wasn’t ready to tell Liz about Michael just yet, not so soon after Max had gone.

“Maria!” Jordan entered the room clearly mad about something. Maria turned around to face her dickhead of a brother. He was so annoying, and always acted like a jerk, she wondered what was up his ass now.

“What?” She bit out rudely.

“Have you been going out with Michael?” Maria looked at him eyes-wide. How did he find out? She had asked Michael to keep it quiet for a while. Did he rat her out?

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t lie to me! I saw you two together. I was supposed to hang out with Michael the other day, and by the time I reached his house, he canceled on me, so to my surprise, guess who I see in his room with him. My little sister! Care to explain?” Maria bit her lip. She was busted.

“Ok, fine, I’ve been going out with him for about a month, but I wanted to keep it under wraps, because of Liz…” She stopped in mid-sentence. She was so close to letting out her secret.

Jordan on the other hand snapped his head at Liz’s name being mentioned.

“What about Liz?” Maria shook her head.

“Huh, nothing,” She lied.

“No you said because of Liz. Because of Liz what?” He pressed.

“Oh, umm, because of Liz, you know, I didn’t want her to feel, left out, because I have a boyfriend, and I didn’t want her to think that I’d be leaving her out of things, so I didn’t really know how to tell her.” It was half-true.

“Right, well maybe Liz needs to find a boyfriend of her own, maybe that would solve your problems.” Jordan knew Liz wasn’t budging, so maybe he should start using his sister to get to her.

Maria looked at him skeptically, she knew what he was trying to do, and it wouldn’t work.

“Liz is too busy for a boyfriend.” Maria answered.

“If she’s so busy, then why are you so worried about her feeling left out by you?” He questioned. Maria tried to think of an answer, but Jordan was too quick for her.

“How about you just leave it alone, and let me deal with my own problems.” She retorted. Jordan rolled his eyes, he hated being around P.M.S. pre-teens.

“Whatever. At least it’s a good thing you’re with Michael, he has a good family, and he’s like my brother, so he fits with you.” Maria looked at him, was that what all everyone ever thought about? Image. Couldn’t it ever be about, just plain damn feelings, and how a person felt about another?

“Yeah, whatever.” She said. She bit her lip, and was questioning herself to pursue one what she wanted to say. It had been pondering in her mind since she was 9, and since the topic of a brother came up, it seemed like the opportune moment.

“Jordan, do, you…you know…ever wonder…” She stuttered as she tried to get it out, part of her wanted to know his reaction, the other part of her feared it.

“Spit it out.” He said getting annoyed.

“Do you ever wonder about our other brother? You know the one dad had before us?” Jordan looked at her like she was an idiot.

“What the fuck is wrong with you? How could you even think about something like that? He’s a low life, he lives on the other side, he’s poor, he’s a piece of shit, and I want nothing to do with him. It’s not my fault dad thought with his dick, and made a mistake, but I’ll be damned if I let his mistake get to me. I never want anything to do with him!” Jordan snapped. Max Walker, was something that would never get in his way, he was someone who he would never have a place in his life.

Maria looked up at him in surprise. She never thought he would have so much anger towards Max; he never even had the chance to get to know him.

“How could you be so cruel about it. He is your brother, and you don’t even know anything about him.”

“Maria, he’s not my brother, he was just some mistake dad made, and I don’t care to know anything about him. He doesn’t exist to me, and he shouldn’t to you either. Where is all this coming from?” He asked curiously. Maria had never once mentioned that bastard, and now she did, what was wrong with her?

“I was just wondering that’s it.” She whispered. She didn’t want to press the issue any further, she already knew how he felt, and trying to figure out why he felt that way would just be a disaster, so she decided to close that chapter, and drop the subject.

“Well, stop wondering, he’s not family, and won’t ever be. So forget about him, I did a long time ago.” Maria just nodded.

Now she was just worried about Liz, if Jordan had such a reaction about Max, what would her parents do if they ever found out?

<Center>*****</center>

Once Liz reached her room, she closed her door shut, locked it, and jumped on her bed. She opened the letter carefully; she liked too saves them in a neat pile, in a safely hidden box.

She unfolds the letter and begins reading,

Dear Liz,

How have you been? I’ve been ok, but, thinking about you has reached it’s all time limit lately. I can’t get you out of my head, not that I want to, but I can’t focus on much either.

I never would have imagined missing you as much as I do. It’s so hard not being able to see you as much as I would like. It sucks that I can’t hear your voice either, god how much I miss your sweet voice. It drives me insane, just wishing to hear you, or to touch you, and keep you in my arms.

At this point, I’m not even sure if I’ll be coming home for Christmas, things have been crazy lately, boot camp has been difficult, and if it wasn’t for Alex, I’m sure it would have been even tougher. We help each other out, and it makes me realize even more how strong our friendship really is.

There’s also another girl here, her name’s Tess, she’s real nice. She’s from Atlanta, and she has a boyfriend waiting for her back home as well. It’s easy talking to her about me and you since she seems to be going through the same thing, Alex is usually always talking about Isabel, which I don’t mind, I can understand that he misses her, but Tess is more open to hear my view on things, which is always appreciated.

Other than that, my thoughts are usually with you. I dream about you all the time, and it just makes me want to be with you more. I wish things didn’t have to be this way, I wish there was another way, one that includes me being with you, but I guess life isn’t fair that way.

So, how’s Maria been? Send her my love for me will you. Have you seen my mother lately? I know she’s been pretty upset about my leaving; at least that’s how it sounds from her letters. Maybe you could give her a call for me? Just to check up on her, I miss her a lot too, and I don’t know, it’s hard to explain, I just need to know that she’s ok from someone other than herself.

Anyways, I’ve got to get going now, I have to wake up early in the morning, just know that I love you, and I miss you so much, and I’ll try my hardest to get a phone call in to you. I wish you the best, and hope to here from you soon.

Max

Liz sighed after she finished reading the letter. It sucks that it was their only way of being in contact, but it was like Max said, life just isn’t fair that way.

She reached over to her desk, and grabbed a pen and a few sheets of paper, and started writing her letter back to him.

Dear Max,

I’ve been ok, just missing you like crazy. All I find myself doing is laying in bed, looking at pictures of the two of us, the ones on my cell phone. I don’t feel up to doing any thing else.

I just want to be in your arms, and never let you go. God, if I knew it would be like this, I would have never let you go that day in the airport. I know it’s selfish of me, but you mean so much to me, and without you here, I feel so empty. I feel like I can’t go on, and I know it’s not healthy to be so dependent on you, but I don’t even think it’s that.

My love for you is just so strong, and it’s so hard, I know you want me to try and get it together, but I don’t know if I can. I’ve been trying, but all my thoughts are always with you. I’m constantly thinking about all my moments with you, and it makes me miss you even more.

I’m sorry to hear that you might not make it back during Christmas, I wish it could be different, but I understand that you have to do what you must, and I told you I would support you. Just know that I love you Max, because your love is the only thing keeping me sane at the moment. That and the fact that you’re ok, and safe, just knowing these things, they fill me with what I need to go on.

It’s good that you found someone other than Alex to be friends with. I’ve seen Isabel a couple of times since the two of you left, and she’s pretty broken too. We help each other out, kind of like you and Alex, or you and Tess.

As for Maria, I don’t know, I can’t explain it. I’ve been feeling so distant from her. It’s not even due to the fact that I’m sulking, it’s like she’s pulling away, and hiding something from me. I try to push her to get it out with, but it doesn’t seem like its working. I barley even see her these days, and I just really wish I knew what was going on with her. I’ll update you, once I know more.

And as for your mother, you know of course I’ll call her. I’ll call her after I finish writing this letter, and I’ll attach a P.S. to let you know how’s she’s doing. To be honest, I haven’t seen her much. I went by your house once, just to check things out, because I know it isn’t easy on her, but when I went there it didn’t seem like any one was home.

So I guess I’ll end this letter with all my love. Know that I’m always thinking about you, and you’ll always be in my mind.

Lots of Love,
Liz

She re-read the letter, and once she was fully satisfied with it, she reached over for her cell-phone. She dialed Max’s home number, and after 6 rings, she realized no-one was picking up. She sighed, and made a mental note to go check things out.

<center>*****</center>

Lauren sat on her bed watching T.V. as she clutched onto her pillow. Without Max in the house, things have felt so empty.

She hated how things were, she hated that she was such a failure. She hated that her baby had to do something that he didn’t want to because of the lifestyle she chose. She just wanted the best for him, and she failed at that.

When would the void in her heart cease to exist? When can she finally do the right thing to help her baby?
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys! I'm back with the next part! Want to thank you all for the great feedback! I love reading all of it!! Hope you all like it, see you next week!!

Big shout out to La'Shon, all you give me too much credit, and she definitely deserves some too becuase the fic would be nothing without her input and help!

Also Thanks To:
FSU/MSW-94: Well since you know all that's to come, I won't say much lol, thanks for the bump chica! I'm getting done with the next chapter now, so I'll send it over to you, can't wait to hear your thoughts!! :wink:
clueless: Thanks!! :D
Queen Fee: lol i'm not saying anything but you will find out soon :twisted:
Earth2Mama: My lips are sealed :twisted: lol
sprayadhesive: lol well it's always good to be optimistic, and you'll find out soon!!
Kitten: Lol i'm sorry for putting your mind through this lol, I promise you won't have to wait thatt much longer lol
orphyfets: Tess's intentions will be shown soon :wink:
Emz80m: Thanks!! :D
maya: Yes, yes he is an ass lol
begonia9508: Jordan just has a whole bunch of problems lol
LairaBehr4: Depression can cause people to do some horrible things :wink:
roswell3053: Thanks!! :D
jojo: Thanks!! :D

Chapter 13

It’s been 2 months since Max had left, and Liz is slowly starting to pick things up. It was her sophomore year now, and she was concentrating hard on her studies. It seemed like that was all she had, Maria was now officially ignoring her, so now she had nothing else to do.

She was currently in her room working on her calculus homework, when she was interrupted with a knock on her door.

“Come in,” She said without looking up from her work. Maria quietly walked in and shut the door behind her. This was it; she was finally going to tell Liz the truth. She knew she had been a bad friend, and she knew Liz thought that she was ignoring her, and she hated the distance more than anything, but she didn’t want Liz to be even more on missing Max because Maria now had Michael.

“Hey.” Maria said quietly. Liz looked up at that time and turned around to face Maria.

“Maria?” She was shocked, Maria hadn’t come by in a while, they would only see each other in school, and during family gatherings.

“Can we talk?” Maria asked sitting down on the bed next to Liz. Liz nodded her head and placed her pencil down to keep the page she was on, and then shut her textbook. She pushed it to the side and then looked up giving Maria her full attention.

Maria didn’t know here to start, she didn’t know what could explain her actions, she felt so bad, she knew Liz needed her and she was just being selfish. She broke out in sobs; she didn’t know what else to do.

Liz stared at her in shock, she didn’t know what was going on, but her best friend instincts came into play and she took Maria into her arms.

“Hey what’s wrong?” Liz whispered into her shoulder as she held her close.

“I’m so sorry Liz, I’ve been a horrible friend. All you ever did was be there for me, and I left you alone when you needed me the most.” She cried.

Liz sighed, she knew that it was true, but it doesn’t mean that Liz hated her, they have been best friends since day one, and that would never stop Liz from being there for her.

“Hey, it’s ok Maria. Things happen.” Liz forgave her without questioning her, that’s just what best friends did.

“No, they shouldn’t happen Liz, you’re my best friend. I was supposed to be there for you.” She was now facing Liz, and she just felt like a total ass.

“Maria, I forgive you, its ok. People get sidetracked.”

“Why are you being so easy with this Liz? Hit me!” She said. Liz laughed.

“I’m not going to hit you Maria.”

“Come on, I’m a bad best friend, hit me.” Maria said pointing at her cheek.

“Maria, stop it. I’m not going to hit you.” Maria sighed.

“Ok fine. Now can I explain to you why I’ve been this bad best friend?”

“That would be helpful.”

“It’s stupid and you’re going to hate me.” Maria admitted. Liz rolled her eyes.

“Maria I already forgave you. Now get on with it.”

“Ok, Ok. It’s because I’ve been seeing Michael.”

“Michael?” Liz’s eyes went wide.

“MICHAEL GUERIN!” Liz exclaimed before bursting out with laughs.

“Stop laughing!” Maria cried, but it didn’t help.

“I’m sorry, but I thought I just heard you say you were going out with Michael Guerin, shaggy haired best friend of your brothers, Michael Guerin.” Liz said through laughs. Maria in return glared at her.

“You’re serious.” Liz said shocked.

“Yeah, I would not joke about something like that.”

“Oh, I’m sorry then Maria.” Liz let out a couple more laughs before she got them all out of her system.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Liz asked seriously.

“I don’t know, at first I didn’t want to tell you because, it’s stupid now that I think about it, but because I thought you would look at me differently.” Liz raised her eyebrow.

“How’s that?”

“I don’t know, because I was always hanging out with you guys, you know Max, Alex, Billy. That was back when you wanted me with Billy, and I thought you would think of me funny because I chose Michael, who had money like us.” Liz sighed understanding everything she was saying.

“Oh Maria, you know I’d never think that. You should have just told me. But damn you two have been together that long?” Liz said a little hurt that she waited so long to tell her something this big.

“Yep, it’s been a while.” Maria nodded smiling at the last 5 months, and all the memories about her and Michael together.

“Well, I’m happy that you’re happy Maria, you know that’s all that matters to me. But why didn’t you tell me now, I mean why wait so long?”

“I’m sorry Liz, you don’t know how many times I wanted to tell you, it’s just that, right after Max left you were so down, and I didn’t want you to be reminded of him when I told you about me and Michael, I didn’t think it would be fair.” Liz smiled at her.

“Thank-you for considering my feelings first Maria, but you know you come first, and I always want you to come to me, no matter how you think I’d react. I want you to know that you’re my best friend Maria, I’d never think anything less of you, and don’t think any different.” Maria leaned in and took Liz into her arms, hugging her tight.

“Thank-you so much for understanding, and I promise I’ll never think anything different, you’re my best friend Lizzie. I never want to lose you.” Maria said genuinely.

“Me neither Ria, me neither.” She whispered. She wasn’t ready to lose another person she loved again.

<center>****</center>

Liz smiled as she opened the newest letter from Max. The letters have been coming more frequently, and she loved hearing about things from him.

Dear Liz,

I’m happy to hear you and Maria have been better lately. I know it’s been a little hard on you being so alone all the time, but now I can be at ease knowing you have your best friend back.

Things down here have been better, I have some good news, I think after this Alex, Tess and I will be stationed in Texas. Isn’t that great! I mean it’s not the closest, but it’s a lot closer to Roswell than Pennsylvania. I can’t wait to see you, or hear your voice. It’s been so long and all I find myself doing is staring at your picture, that’s all I have.

I know it might sound a little corny, but when things get hard around here, I just look at your picture and my heart becomes at ease just knowing you’re home, and safe, and waiting for me. Then when I read your letters, I read the ‘I love yous’ over and over, I don’t think I can ever get tired of having you say it to me.

Your love is so important to me, you’re a great person, you have so much going for you, and so much promised to you, but you opened your heart to someone like me, and you don’t know how much more I love you for that. You’re one of a kind Liz Parker, and I’m so fucking proud to know that I have stolen your heart, and I’m so happy that you have stolen mine.

Anyways, I think I might be able to call you soon, maybe in a couple more weeks, things have been crazy around here lately, I haven’t had much time, or chance to do so, but I promise once things stop being so hectic I’ll call you.

Anyways I’ll end the letter here, because I need to catch my sleep. I’ll dream about you baby, it’s my favorite part of my nights. I love you, can’t wait to hear back from you.

Max.

Liz smiled as her heart felt all warm and fuzzy, as it always did when she read his letters. He just knows the right words to say and he says everything with so much meaning, she just falls in love with him over and over again, and she loves every second of it.

Liz reached for her pencil and a then started writing him a letter back.

Dear Max,

I’m ecstatic to hear that you might be stationed down in Texas; you don’t know what I would do to see your face again. And to be honest with you, all I do is stare at your picture as well. I guess we really are that much alike, lol.

I saw Isabel the other day, she’s doing good, she’s been working really hard on her studies, she misses Alex a lot, and I think she’s relying on her school work to keep her busy, which I don’t blame her for doing, because I do the exact same thing.

I don’t feel much for going out any more, I go out with Maria some times, but mostly she’s with Michael, which I have no problem with, she deserves to be happy, and plus I like focusing on my school work. Maybe then I can graduate early, and maybe we can be together sooner, because you know after I graduate, wherever you are I’ll follow.

God, I can’t wait till then, when we can finally truly be together, and never have anything else to worry about. It sounds perfect, but so far away.

I miss you so much Max. I really don’t think there is a minute in the day that I don’t think about you. But it was like you said, you stole my heart, but I don’t care Max. You can have my heart all you want, because it seems to want you and only you. You’re an amazing person with the greatest soul Max, and I’m swollen with pride to love you, I would never want to do anything else in the world, loving you fills me up enough, and I can do it forever and ever.

But enough of that, it just makes me miss you more, lol. I tried to call your mother again and she answered this time, she seems to be doing ok, she promises me that you are, but I can tell she still misses you a lot. She tells me that she’s been really busy at the company lately; they have her working around and about a lot, which is a good thing.

But I have to end this now because my mother is nagging me to get ready; we’re having dinner with Maria’s family tonight, so you know I have to look my best. *GAG* lol.

I love you so much, I miss you!!

xoxoxo
Liz

She put down her pencil, and checked things over again before folding it and putting it in the envelope and sealing it. She hid it carefully and got ready, thoughts of Max bouncing about in her head.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys!! Stopping by real quick to drop this off!! Thanks for all the great feedback you guys!! Hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving!! See you next week!

Big shout out to La'Shon who is a tremendous help! Hope you have a great turkey day love!!

Chapter 14

In the middle of writing a letter to Max, Liz was interrupted by a knock on the door. She jumped up, and rushed to get all the letters together.

“One second!” Liz yelled, luckily she had locked the door. She jumped off her bed, and placed the letters in a box, and then placed the box carefully in a drawer, just for the moment however, later she would hide them in their proper place.

Liz ran to the door, and straightened herself out before opening the door. When she did, she opened the door wide and fast, only to find a waiting Jordan.

“Jordan!” Liz exclaimed, out of breath, and a little shocked.

“Hey, our parents are gathering downstairs for something, and my parents decided to make me tag along. Is it ok if I hang out with you for a while?” Jordan asked. Liz looked at him in shock; the two of them, hanging out, in her bedroom, alone?

Come to think of it she had never really been alone with Jordan for more than 2 minutes, since probably of the age of 7. It was a little awkward, but of course she didn’t want to be rude.

“Umm…yeah, sure, come in.” She said politely as she moved aside to let him in.

“Thanks.” He said walking in.

“Umm…Maria didn’t come?” Liz asked curiously.

“Nah, she’s out with Michael. It kind of sucks now, she had to choose him as her boyfriend, I barley see him these days.” Jordan said rolling his eyes. He moved to sit down on her bed. When his parents had asked him to come along, of course he had agreed, knowing that Maria was out; he knew it was finally time that he and Liz could be alone together. It was the perfect opportunity for the two of them to get to know each other a bit better.

“Oh my god!” Liz exclaimed. Jordan looked at her like she was crazy.

“What?” He asked looking around the room to see if anything was out of the ordinary.

“That’s what I forgot! I was supposed to be ready by now, because they were supposed to come and pick me up to go with them. I can’t believe I forgot! They’re going to be here any minute and I haven’t even showered yet.” Liz said galloping around her room to gather her things.

“Oh.” Jordan said silently cursing his sister. Normal teenagers like to have alone time with their boyfriends or girlfriends, not have a friend tag along, but of course he had to have a dumb ass for a sister, and she didn’t know any better.

“I’m so sorry Jordan, I completely forgot.” Liz said gathering her robe, towel, and fresh pair of clothes.

Jordan waved it off. “It’s no problem.” He’ll get his opportunity eventually.

“You can watch T.V or something if you want.” Liz suggested as she grabbed all her things together.

“Um, actually can I go on your computer?” He asked. If he was going to be doing nothing, he might as well check up on some things online.

“Yeah, sure.” Liz said giving him a smile before disappearing into the bathroom.

<center>*****</center>

“Hey Max.” Tess said walking into the boy’s room. Max looked up from his books, he was currently studying up on something when Tess had made her presence in the room.

“Hey what’s up?” He asked as Tess took a seat on the bed.

“Nothing, I just finished writing a letter to Kyle, and kind of just wanted not to be alone.” She said giving him a soft smile.

“Yeah, I understand, when I write to Liz, I just want to keep myself busy after I’m done, because it just makes me hit reality that I’m not really talking to her in person, and I can’t just reach over and hug her, I’m just talking to her through a letter, and once it’s done, it’s the end.” Max said relating to Tess’s feelings.

“Exactly.” They both nodded in agreement; their thoughts drifting off to their significant other.

“So, I heard John got deployed into Iraq yesterday.” Tess said changing the subject.

“I heard too, he’s only been here for a couple months longer than us, it’s kind of alarming that it can happen to any one of us.” Max said shivering at the thought of going into Iraq, he could just picture Liz, and his mother worrying and crying. It was something he didn’t want either of them to do.

“Yeah, well can’t think of it like that. Come on, let’s get drunk.” Tess said getting up, ready to head to another guy’s room that was older than the two; someone who had a whole mess of alcohol.

“I really got to look up things on this computer engineering book Tess.” Max said, as fun as it sounded, he really needed to learn some of the things in the book.

“Oh come on, live it up a little Max. It was like you said, we can get sent to Iraq any minute now, might as well live it up before we have to experience it.” Max sighed, she was right.

“Ok, but only for a little bit.” He said closing the book before heading out with Tess.

<center>*****</center>

As Jordan surfed through the net, his thoughts overwhelmed him. He couldn’t believe how unbelievably unlucky he was with Liz. I mean everyone knew they were supposed to be together, their parents were all connected, and they were the oldest of friends.

The two of them had grown up together; his sister was her best friend. Their families would eat dinner together every Friday; he was even there on the eve of her birth. What more could she need to see that they were truly meant to be? All the evidence was overwhelming, and it wasn’t like he wasn’t good looking, he was extremely good looking, all the girls in school wanted him, but none of them were good enough for him, not like Liz.

She was beautiful, smart, and their families were both marvelously wealthy. She was the perfect girl for him; he just was getting impatient waiting for her to notice it as well.

He sighed, thoughts of Liz resisting crowding his mind. He pushed away from the computer desk and looked around the room, to maybe find something that could help the two connect.

He looked to the left and noticed a very small creak to an opened drawer. He could see something shiny through the little space, so curiosity took over. He looked over at Liz’s bathroom door and still heard that the shower was running so he reached over and pulled the drawer open.

He noticed a shiny silver box. He lifted it up from the drawer and placed it on his lap. He noticed that there was a lock on the box, but Liz must have forgotten to lock it because it was open. Knowing that there must have been something secretive about it he opened it. Inside were several letters.

He picked one up and unfolded it. He started reading it. He couldn’t believe it; Liz had a boyfriend, one that no one knew about, one that was in the army. What the hell was going on? This guy was asking about Maria. Had his own sister known about this and not even told him? Why was Liz being so secretive? All these questions and no answers. He didn’t understand. He was bewildered as he read on.

Then it was the end, the one thing that shocked him the most was the signature at the end.

<center> Love Always,
Max
</center>

‘No, it couldn’t be.’ He thought to himself. He shifted through the letters to see if he could find an envelope in which the letter had came with. At the end of the letter of the pile there were the envelopes. He grabbed one and turned it over.

It was as he feared. The returning address name was Max Walker. His half-brother.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys!! I'm back with the new part and hopefully it will answer most of your questions!! I just want to say thanks for the feedback it means so much and I love reading each and everyone of your responses!!

Big thanks to my beta La'shon who has just been wonderful and amazing! Luv you hun!!!

Anyways hope you like it !!!...

Chapter 15

“Christina how many times do I have to tell you to keep the house at exactly 70 degrees? It’s freezing in here! Honestly do we not pay you enough, because if so I’m sure there could be someone else to do your job!” Nancy scolded at the maid before she stormed off in a fury muttering about worthless house maids.

The doorbell rang bringing Nancy out of her rage. Christina, the maid, rushed to get it but instead Nancy stopped her.

“Christina, I will get the door, now as I suggested that you fix the damn temperature in this house, I wouldn’t want my guest leaving with frost bite!” She demanded in a harsh tone. Christina scurried off to do her job. Nancy shook her head.

She didn’t know who it could be since she wasn’t expecting any guests, but it was the Parker household, it could have been anyone.

She opened the door wide to find her best friend’s son. She smiled wide.

“Jordan! How are you? Are you here with your mother?” She asked looking behind his shoulder to see if she could get a glimpse of Diane.

“Actually no, I came alone.” Jordan said. Nancy moved aside to let him in, and he waited patiently as she shut the huge front door. Once she completed her task she turned to face him, with a big smile on her face.

“Are you here to see Elizabeth?” She asked hoping that her daughter had finally opened up her eyes, and noticed what a handsome and perfect boy Jordan was for her.

“Actually I was here to see you. Do you mind if I speak with you Mrs. Parker?” Nancy looked at him skeptically. But she accepted of course.

“Absolutely darling, come into the conservatory.” Nancy said leading him to the family gathering room, pondering as to what he could say.

<center>*****</center>

“Hey Max what’s up?” Alex said walking into the room he shared with Max. Max who was currently lying on his back was just staring at the ceiling thinking about Liz.

Max sighed. “Do you ever feel like you made a mistake coming here?” Max asked Alex. Alex sighed and sat down on his bed.

“Every day.” He admitted. Max got up and faced Alex.

“Then why did we do it Alex? Why did we risk everything, to come here, why did we leave the girls we loved, why did we leave our families?” Max asked the questions that ran through his head nearly every second, the questions that he couldn’t answer himself, and he prayed that Alex could answer him for some peace of mind.

“I wish I knew the answer Max, I ask myself the same question every day. But you know you have to do what you have to do to get where you want to be you know. Life is a bunch of obstacles and this is just one of them so we just have to look to it and live it up to the fullest, god may not have blessed us with all the money in the world, but he did allow us to have this opportunity so why not take advantage of it right?” Max nodded. Everything Alex had said was exactly right.

“You’re right man. But it’s just so damn hard sometimes, not being able to see Liz’s face, to talk to her on the phone, or not to go outside the door and find my mom waiting for me in the kitchen with breakfast and my lunch in a paper bag. This shit is real, and there’s just times I want to break free you know.” Alex shook his head.

“Trust me Max, I know. I know.” They both sighed. Things were rough, but that was the point of life, you couldn’t just wait for things to happen, life wasn’t about luck, it was about getting your shit together, and learning to do things on your own, and working hard at the process, that’s the only real way to achieve greatness.

<center>*****</center>

Lauren was brought out of her thoughts by a knock on the door. Her heart ached and it raced quickly. That’s how it was every time the phone rang or the doorbell rang. She was constantly worried someone would call or come to say something was wrong with her baby, and the constant worry of it all was just overwhelming.

She shook as she grabbed onto the door knob. She took in a deep breath and relaxed herself. She pushed open the door to find a red headed women standing at her doorstep. Immediately Lauren could tell it was not good. The woman was wearing big expensive sunglasses, on her wrinkle free face, and her outfit looked as if it cost more than her house.

“Can I help you?” Lauren asked. Nancy looked at the woman up and down. She could not deny the woman’s beauty, it was obvious as to why Phillip would bed her, she looked like a model. Nancy shook her thoughts off; she was here for one and only one thing.

She pulled her sunglasses up and placed them in her hair. Lauren immediately recognized her eyes. They were just like her son’s girlfriend.

“Hello. My name is Nancy Parker. I was wondering if we could have a little chat.” She said giving Lauren a fake smile. Lauren looked at her up and down skeptically before stepping aside to let her inside her home.

<center>*****</center>

“Liz, I have to ask you something kind of personal, and I’d be totally cool if you didn’t want to talk about it, but it’s just something I kind of need to know, and I don’t know anyone else to turn to, and I know if I could talk to this about anyone it would be you and…” Liz laughed and silenced Maria.

“Breathe Maria. Just breathe.” She said laughing at her friend’s tactics. This was typical Maria, but who was she to judge, she could be exactly like that.

The two were currently at the Evan’s mansion, working on their homework just after school, and Maria interrupted their studying with her outburst of ramblings.

“Ok, I’m good.” Maria said after she calmed down a bit. Liz smiled.

“Good, now tell me what you needed to tell me.” She said pushing her textbook aside so she could give Maria her full attention.

“Well you know, I know that, well you and Max, you know, and I think I’m ready to go there with Michael.” Maria said. Liz smiled. Maria was just cute sometimes.

“You want to have sex with Michael.” Maria’s eyes widened.

“Will you keep it down! I’m sure that the president didn’t quite hear you!” Maria exclaimed horrified that Liz mentioned it out loud.

“Maria you have sound proof walls.” Maria rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, but… I can still hear…hello.” Liz gave her a ‘you’re a dumbass’ look before rolling her eyes.

“Anyways, so you want to have sex with Michael, and you’re wondering what it’s going to be like right?” Maria nodded her head yes.

“Well, I mean, if you’re really ready for this then I think you should go ahead and do it. But only if you’re really ready. With Max, everything was just, just so perfect. He was perfect and considerate and…”

“Ok Liz, enough with the details, lets not forget that Max is my brother and I do not need to know about his sex life.” Maria said looking disgusted.

“Sorry. You’re the one who asked.” Maria glared at her.

“Ok, ok, anyways back to the point. Just if you’re really sure you’re ready Maria that’s all I can say. It was a big moment, and I just want it to be perfect for you as it was for me. And be really careful Maria. One slip up could change your life forever.” Liz said.

“I know, I know. It’s just I’m not really sure if I’m ready just yet. So I guess what I’m really asking is how did you know that you were ready?” Liz smiled thinking back to when she realized she was ready. All she had to do was look into Max’s eyes, and kiss him and she knew that she wanted nothing more then to share her body with him.

“I just did Maria. I knew I loved Max, and I knew he loved me back. Our love was unconditional, it just felt right. It was the best feeling in the world, everything about our love was already there, I guess I just wanted to make it more official so we gave each other the most precious gift we could give.” Liz explained.

“God you two are so mushy.” Maria groaned at the romantic explanation.

“Maria!” Liz exclaimed as she slapped Maria with a pillow. They both broke out laughing.

“You know a simple, I was horny would have done it!” Liz cracked up.

“Oh Maria, what would I do without you?”

“Honestly, you’d probably be living in a dumpster somewhere, because you’d be that lost.” The both laughed and engulfed each other in hugs. Things were slowly getting back to the way they used to be.

<center>*****</center>

“She’s your daughter, how could you even think to do this!” Lauren argued with this selfish, rude, uncaring woman in front of her.

“It’s the same reason why you’re going to consider it for your son. We both know there is no way in hell that these two are supposed to end up together. I mean come on lets face it, Liz is a Parker, she is meant for greatness, do you honestly think Liz will still want him when he comes back from the Army, with nothing but a army check. She’s made for money, it’s in her blood, she’s no different then me, or Phillip for example. She’s only 15 years old, she doesn’t know what love is, she’s just a naïve little girl, and when she’s old enough she’ll realize that Max was nothing but a waste of time. So we might as well save Max from the heartbreak three years in advance.” Lauren looked at this woman in disgust. She couldn’t even believe the nerve of the woman. But it didn’t pass her mind that this woman was Liz’s mother, and if she is capable of such malice, it would only be in Liz’s blood to do so as well.

Nancy was right, Liz was only 15, she still had years to go, and she couldn’t possibly still love her son when he didn’t have much to offer her. She would just break her baby’s heart just as Phillip broke hers. She knew she had to do the right thing, for her baby’s sake.

Lauren didn’t say anything, but the look on her face gave Nancy her answer.

“I knew you would see things my way. Here’s the money. I’m sure Lizzie will be running here in a couple of weeks when the letters from Max have stopped. Just tell her exactly what I told you to say, and then this money should be enough for you to move away, and make it seem like you and your son never even existed in my daughter’s life.” Nancy said placing the envelope filled with 50,000 dollars, while putting her sunglasses back on her face before walking out the door of the house.

She climbed into her car and directed the driver to take her home.

Once she reached her house she opened the door and walked into the kitchen where she found Jordan patiently waiting. Once he saw her enter he got up immediately.

“It’s done, just give it a couple of months. Lizzie will be heartbroken, but in that time you can befriend her, don’t push her too hard. In time, your friendship will develop into more, and everything we’ve all worked for will be achieved.”
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

*Surprise!* Lol, Well I came a little early, because i'm happy that I just written probably the most hardest and lengthy chapter for this story lol :oops: , so to celebrate I'm posting a chapter early. Plus you guys have been absolutley great with the feedback so thanks so much!!

Oh and I will still post again on Wednesday, so you don't have to wait till two weeks from now for the next chapter! :D

Big Thanks to La'Shon, this fic is nothing without her help and her thoughts and ideas, and I assure you that she contributed a lot to this fic! *MUAH* Chica!!

Chapter 16

It had been three weeks since Max’s last letter and Liz was getting nervous. Everyday she had gone outside just as she normally did, and everyday the mail man would hand her letters, none which had Max as the sender.

She had gotten frantic, and she went to the library every day, looking at news articles, anything to find out about Max. She searched online all the time about deaths in Iraq, and she never found the name Max Walker.

She was getting anxious, she knew Max was still in training camp, but he could have been transferred. She did the one thing she could think of and that’s how she found herself in front of Lauren Walker’s house.

She rang the doorbell and waited impatiently. Lauren was Max’s mother, if there was something wrong she would be the first person to know.

Lauren opened the door to find Liz standing there. She looked like hell, and she seemed like she hadn’t gotten any sleep in weeks, it was probably due to fear, fear for her son. God how she hated doing this, but she needed to, the two would be better off.

“Liz?” She said acting surprised.

“Is Max ok? I haven’t gotten a letter from him in weeks, and I usually get one every other day, and I’ve been looking everywhere, I check online all the time and I go to the library and look at the newspapers but there’s nothing. I don’t know what to do Ms. Walker. Please is Max alright?” Lauren’s heart broke at the sight of the frantic young girl, but she knew what had to be done.

“Why don’t you come in Liz?” She said stepping aside for Liz to come in. Liz shifted nervously.

“No thank-you I’d like to stand outside, can you please just tell me if something’s wrong.” Lauren sighed.

“Liz, I’m sorry, I thought Max would have explained to you. He told me he would write you a letter.” Liz looked at her skeptically.

“Explain to me what?” Lauren sighed.

“Hold on.” She said before disappearing into the house. Lauren walked to the coffee table and picked up the fake letter, her hand was shaking as she did so, but she knew it was for the best.

She and Max had almost identical handwriting, she was positive Liz wouldn’t be able to tell the difference. She had worked carefully to match his handwriting. It was so wrong, but it had to be done.

She walked back outside to see Liz shifting about.

“I’m sorry sweetie.” She was a good actress. Liz looked up at her and she held out a letter. Liz took it with shaky hands.

When she opened it, the contents of it broke her heart.

Dear Mom,

It’s been a while, and I miss you. Things are starting to look up for me down here. Alex and I are doing better at training, and soon we’ll be working with the computers and taking classes. I don’t know where we’ll be transferred but I know it should be soon.

Anyways, one of the reasons why things have been getting good is because there’s this girl here. Her name is Tess. She’s amazing mom, she’s just, I can’t explain it. She gets me, she’s going through the same situation as me, and I guess, I’m kind of falling for her.

She has a boyfriend back home, but last night she admitted to having feelings for me, I’ve been feeling so down lately, when she told me that, my heart skipped I was ecstatic.

I don’t know why I feel this way, I guess it’s because we have so much in common and we’re in the same situation. I mean I was so sure I was in love with Liz. I mean I still care for her a lot, she means a lot to me. She’s been there for me for so long, but Liz and I could never connect the way I connect with Tess.

I just hope that she’ll understand when I tell her that is, if I have the courage to tell her. I hope you’re not too upset with me either, but this is how I feel, and I think Tess and I are going to pursue things a lot further.
Anyways mom, I need to get going. I love you, write back.

Max

“This has to be a joke!” Liz cried the tears strolling down her face. It couldn’t be true, it couldn’t be true.

“Liz, I’m so sorry honey.” Lauren lied. Liz looked down at the letter her tears wetting the paper. It was Max’s handwriting.

“This is a lie!” She sobbed so hard that she felt her heart lunge out. He couldn’t do this to her. He wouldn’t do this to her, he loved her!

“Liz, as hard as this is for me to tell you. Maybe Max is right, you’re all the way here, and he’s all the way over there. You’re just 15 Liz, this couldn’t possibly work the way you want it to.” Liz glared at her and threw the letter at her.

“You’re wrong! I’m going to find the truth, this can’t be right.” Liz cried as she turned around and ran off.

Lauren sighed, the hard part was over. She closed the door, and picked up her phone.

“It’s done. I’ve sent the other letter too, she should be getting it in the next couple of days.” She said before hanging up. She wiped the tear that fell from her face, and walked into her room to start packing.

<Center>****</center>

Liz ran to the Crashdown Café in search of Isabel. Alex had to have told her something, she knew that Max couldn’t possibly do this to her.

She found Isabel’s dad standing near the kitchen and she rushed to his side.

“Mr. Noels! Is Isabel around by any chance?” She asked frantically.

“Of course honey, she should be in her room.” Mr. Noels told her.

“Thanks so much” Liz said before she ran up the stairs to Isabel’s room.

Once she reached the upstairs she knocked on Isabel’s room. Isabel opened the door with a wide smile.

“Liz! Hey I was just going to call you, I have some great news…” She looked closely at Liz and saw that she seemed as if she was on the verge of tears.

“What’s wrong?” She asked immediately. She rushed Liz in the room and they both sat down on the bed. Liz was having a hard time bringing things out, she felt like if she said it out loud then that would mean that it was all really true.

“Nothing it’s just…” Liz didn’t want to sound stupid, she knew Isabel had her own problems and she was dealing a lot with Alex gone, and trying to graduate early so she could start on her dreams, Liz didn’t want to just dump her problems on her.

“Come on, be out with it.” Isabel said.

“Did Alex ever mention a Tess in his letters, when you talked to him?” Liz asked.

“Umm yeah, sometimes, he said something like she was hanging around with them a lot, she was a nice girl, and she was kind of in the same situation he said that she and Max had got pretty close.” Isabel looked up at Liz and saw her about to cry and she prayed that she hadn’t said something wrong.

“Oh, I’m sure it’s nothing Liz.” Isabel assured. Liz laughed out bitterly.

“Yeah, I’m sure.” She bit out sarcastically. So it was true, Max and Tess were closer, even Alex had told Isabel, that meant the letter to Max’s mother was true. It was really over with them.

“Liz…” Isabel started but Liz cut her off.

“Why are you packing?” Liz asked looking around the room. She had been so preoccupied with Max and her feelings; she didn’t even notice the mess in the room.

Isabel smiled up at her.

“That’s what I was going to tell you, I did it!” Liz looked up at her and quickly reached out to her and gave her a big hug.

“Oh my god Isabel, I can’t believe it! I’m so proud of you! Congratulations! When did it happen?” Liz asked.

“I got my diploma yesterday, and you know how I sent in my application to NYU, I tried to call you the other day, but I couldn’t get through, I think your maid hung up on me or something, but I got in! I’m going to be leaving in two days, I’m going to visit with my aunt for a while before school starts. I was going to stop by tomorrow to let you know.” Liz smiled at the girl, the girl who she had become close to over the years because of Max. Max, how her heart pained when his name was mentioned, but she would deal with the reality of it later, it was Isabel’s time, Isabel deserved this, and she wasn’t going to ruin it, not with her stupid drama.

“Oh, I’m going to miss you so much! What time are you leaving?” Liz asked.

“Pretty early, you should come by tomorrow night, my parent’s are going to throw a party.”

“Of course I’ll come, I wouldn’t miss it for the world. I’m so happy for you.” Liz said taking Isabel into her arms once again. At least one of them could be happy.

<Center>*****</center>

“Luisa don’t forget to set an extra setting at the table, we’re having Jordan Evans over tonight!” Nancy Parker called to her maid as she walked in the direction of her bedroom.

She got distracted when she hears a song playing coming from her daughter’s room.

‘Liz wasn’t home, so where was the music coming from?’ She wondered.

She walked into her daughter’s room and found her cell-phone blinking crazy indicating it was ringing.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Liz! Liz its Max! Is everything ok? Why haven’t you written back?” Nancy stared at the phone with loathe. She slammed the phone against the wall breaking the phone into pieces.

<Center>*****</center>

After chatting for about another 10 minutes with Isabel she decided to let Isabel spend time with her parents and finish packing.

Once she got into her car she told her driver to take her home, and then she broke down crying. How could she have been so stupid? How could she actually believe Max would want her? He was so far away, and she was only 15. Gosh, how couldn’t she see it, when he wrote about Tess in the letters, how could she have been so blind.

Guess that’s what love did to you. Made you blind, and not be able to see what’s really there. She couldn’t understand why, why would Max do this. She thought that they were happy, that they were going to make it. Was she really that naïve?

God how pathetic was she? She couldn’t even hear it from Max himself that he moved on; she had to hear it from his mother, and then Isabel who heard it from Alex. God she was pathetic, she was so stupid. Max was too good for her, she could never be what he wanted, she was just a rich spoiled brat who had no dreams because her parents set them all out for her. Her whole life was meaningless.

It was Max who was meant for greatness, it was Max who was meant to achieve so much. She cried her heart out until she couldn’t cry any more. Why was it so hard?

Once she reached her house she wiped her tears but it didn’t matter since they just filled back up with water. She sighed and got out of the car.

Once Liz entered her house, her eyes were evident of tears. She walked passed the kitchen when her mother had stopped her.

“Elizabeth could you come in here for a second.” She asked. Liz sighed and walked to the kitchen.

“What is it mother?” Nancy handed Liz a brand new camera cell-phone.

“Luisa broke your old cell-phone when she was cleaning your room. So we got you a new one. The new number is somewhere inside there so you can let all your friends know.” Liz looked at her.

“MOTHER I NEED MY OLD NUMBER!” Liz screamed. Max only called her cell phone, the old one. He never called her house; he didn’t even know her house number. Plus they were the Parker’s their number wasn’t listed anywhere. How was she going to get into contact with him to sort everything out?

“Elizabeth I don’t see why you insist on being so dramatic. Most children are usually ecstatic to be getting a new phone, especially the model that you have. It nearly cost me a fortune.”

Liz almost broke down crying right there, everything was getting so overwhelming and unbearable.
“Mother you don’t understand.” She whined. Nancy rolled her eyes.

“Stop being dramatic, it’s done, so be grateful. Now go up to your room and get dressed, we’re having guests over tonight for dinner.” Nancy said before disappearing into the conservatory. Liz broke down on the floor of the kitchen. This couldn’t be happening.

<center>*****</center>

Sure enough 1 week later Liz got a letter from Max, explaining his actions, and that he had moved on with Tess, and that he was sorry. Liz broke down, and she realized it was truly over. Maria was the only one to help her through it.
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys!! Sorry!!! I'm a day late I know! I didn't have a chance to get on the computer!! Just when I thought life was slowing down, it picks right back up, and I've been extremley busy! Sorry! Anyways enough rambling, just on with the part.

Big thanks to La'shon, the wonderful beta for this fic! Love you girl!!

Big thanks to all the feedbackers I love your responses and thank you for taking the time and leaving some feedback!!!

Chapter 17

“Hello?” Lauren was answering her phone, in the middle of packing, when the shrill of the phone brought her out of her thoughts. Her heart raced; as it did every other time the phone rang.

“Mom.” Lauren cried, it was her baby.

“Oh Max? Is everything ok? Are you alright?” She cried into the phone. It had been so long since she heard his voice.

“I’m fine mom. Mom, is everything ok with Liz? I’ve sent her a million letters, and it’s been three weeks since her last letter. Is everything ok? I’ve tried calling her cell phone, but she doesn’t pick up.” Lauren closed her eyes at the hint of sadness in her son’s voice.

‘It was for his own good,’ she reminded herself.

“Max, I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this but…”

“Tell me what mom.” Lauren closed her eyes. It was too hard breaking his heart.

“Max, I’ve seen Liz, and she’s been with Phillip’s son a lot lately.” Max didn’t know what to think, his mom had to be mistaken. Liz didn’t like Jordan because of him, Liz had told him that Jordan liked her, but she would never do that to him.

“Mom why are you lying to me?” Max pleaded. Lauren tried her hardest not to let Max hear her cry.

“Honey, I’m sorry, I thought she would at least have the decency to write you and let you know for herself.”

“Mom, you’re lying, you have to be. I mean, I mean, they could just be doing something for their families, the Evans are close with the Parkers.”

“Max, I saw them share a kiss.” Lauren lied.

“Mom please stop lying to me.” Max cried.

“I’m so sorry honey, I really am.” Her heart went out as she heard her baby crying. She knew she was breaking his heart, but it was better now than later.

“Honey, how’s everything going in Pennsylvania?” Max didn’t speak, he didn’t know what to say. He knew his mom would never lie to him, but how could Liz have done this.

“Mom, I have to go. It was…it was good hearing your voice.” He said before hanging up. Lauren slammed the phone down and sobbed. She was a terrible mother.

<Center>*****</center>

It had been a week since Liz received the letter from Max, and it was so hard to get through the day knowing her and Max were no longer together, but Maria had been a good support. She didn’t let Liz out of her sight, and she made sure Liz had a good time, not thinking about Max.

The two were currently in Maria’s room, watching stupid movies with Michael.

Liz sighed as she watched the movie. She was thankful that Maria hadn’t picked any chick flicks, but it didn’t mean that she didn’t think of Max. She thought about him every second of the day, and she couldn’t understand why he did it to her.

She knew he loved her, she knew it, but then why did he move on? She asked herself that everyday, and she only came up with one answer.
That Lauren was right, that Max needed to be with someone more like him, I mean she was pathetic, she couldn’t even introduce him to her parents. She wasn’t good enough for him, he needed someone who could be there for him, without having to worry what her parents would think.

He needed someone who didn’t remind him everyday that he didn’t have that much money. He could relate to Tess more, and maybe Tess did deserve him, plus Liz was only 15. Max couldn’t possibly want a young girl when he could have someone older like Tess.

Liz felt the tears coming to her face, and she tried to hold them off. That’s how it always was lately. She would just cry out of no where, everything and anything reminded her of Max, and she hated it.

“You ok honey?” Maria asked looking over at Liz, who she noticed was looking down at the bowl of popcorn in her lap. Liz looked up and gave Maria a weak smile.

“Yeah, I will be.” She said. Maria grabbed her hand and squeezed tightly, letting her know that she would be there throughout it all.

The two were brought out their moment as the door opened. Jordan walked in and smiled at everyone. He patted Michael on the back and nudged Maria on the shoulder which in return she glared at him.

“Sorry I’m late guys, coach was being a bitch.” He said taking a seat on Maria’s king size bed right next to Liz. He smiled up at her.

“Hey Liz.” She looked up and smiled back. He had been really nice to her lately, he even noticed something was off with her, which was weird since they really never talked. Lately though, she’d been making the effort to talk to him more, he was just so nice, and once she had started talking to him, she found herself enjoying being in his company.

“Hey.” She whispered.

“Popcorn?” She asked gesturing towards the popcorn. He smiled.

“Thanks.” He said reaching over into the bowl, while smoothly brushing his hands against Liz’s. She looked up at him and he winked in return before turning his attention to the movie.

Liz blushed a bit, she couldn’t deny that Jordan was handsome.

A few hours, and 2 liters of coke later, the four were hyped up and having a good time. They had sat through 3 cheesy movies, and they finally took a break.

Michael and Maria were currently MIA, leaving Jordan and Liz alone to talk, and surprisingly it wasn’t awkward for Liz.

“So how’s Mr. Wursal treating you? He seemed to give me a hard time last year, hated my guts.” Jordan said talking about his English teacher who was out to get him. Liz laughed.

“He’s not that bad, and I’m sure he only acted like that towards you because you were barley in class.”

“Ah, that has an explanation, and that is that, he didn’t like me, so I decided not to go.” Liz laughed.

“Weak.” She commented. He smiled.

“Hey I tried.” Liz laughed. She looked up and looked into his eyes, and her smile faded. She noticed that his eyes were a beautiful shade of crystal blue, very different from Max’s.

“You have nice eyes.” Liz remarked.

“You’re beautiful.” He said back. Liz blushed.

“Thank-you.” She said sweetly. He smiled at her, and he would have kissed her but he knew it was too soon, it was like Nancy said, wait a while.

Soon Michael and Maria returned, and they were in for another round of popcorn, soda, and Scream 3.

“Look at his hair I mean, honestly baby do you own a comb?” Maria, Liz, and Jordan had been currently teasing Michael on his badly groomed self, and Michael seemed to find it less amusing while having the other three cracking up about him.

Maria’s cell phone rang and Maria told Michael to pick it up since he was closest to it.

“Hello?” Michael answered.

Max’s heart stopped at the guy’s voice that picked up Maria’s phone. It sounded like Jordan, and when he was about to hang up he heard Liz’s laugh in the background. Max’s heart shattered to pieces, his mother had been right, Liz was with Jordan, and she was having a great time with him.

Max quickly hung up the phone his heart not able to handle the truth.

“Who is it?” Maria asked.

Michael shrugged his shoulders.

“Don’t know they hung up.” Michael said placing the phone back down on the table. Liz looked at him and she didn’t know why but she had the strangest feeling that it was Max, but that feeling disappeared and Maria hit her with a pillow, and a pillow fight had commenced.

As Liz’s laughter rang through the Evan household, Max’s sobs rang through his room in Pennsylvania.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey guys! Back with the next part! I've been extremley busy! So I can't do individual thanks, but I just want to give one big Thank-you to everyone who left feedback!!

Big thanks to my amazing beta La'Shon! You've been amazing chica! Thanks so much!!!

Chapter 18

February 2004
4 months later

“Max, honey it’s time to get up.” Lauren Walker said to her son. As soon as she left Roswell she moved to Pennsylvania hoping to be closer to her baby boy.

Currently he was on a short leave before being sent overseas to Korea. The thought of having to depart from him again was overbearing but at least she wasn’t loosing him to Iraq.

“Ok mom.” Max said from his bed. He was already up, he was used to it, he would be up at the crack of dawn when he was in the army and it was nothing new.

Today he would be leaving after a 1 month leave before Korea. Alex and Tess were assigned with him so he was grateful for that, but little things like that didn’t concern him anymore. Max was just busy doing all he had to achieve, and didn’t really care for much.

Ever since he lost Liz, things have been robot like for him. He acted as a robot, he just did as told, did everything as a routine, he kept himself as busy as he could, just to keep his mind off her.

But when he got leave, that’s when things got tough. Tess had gone back home, and unlike he, the love of her life was there waiting for her to arrive. To make matters even worse, Alex went to New York instead of going home to Roswell, he wanted to see Isabel; the two were still going strong.

It dumbfounded him everyday as to what had changed between him and Liz. He longed for her everyday, he wanted to see her face, hear her sweet voice, kiss her sweet lips; he just wanted to be with her.

What tore him up the most was that if she hadn’t moved on, he would have been with her at Roswell that moment, holding her in his arms never letting her go, but that wasn’t how things were and he needed to live with that. Her birthday was coming up, and they would have spent it like they did in the past. He thought back to the last birthday of hers they shared. She had given him her virginity that day; it was the day they made their love permanent. But little did he know it was all just temporary. He needed to move on and he needed to look past everything.

At first the thought of Liz with Jordan seemed unrealistic, for the first few months he prayed every night that it was just some sort of lie or misunderstanding, and Liz did still love him, and she still was waiting for him, but then when he visited Isabel and Alex one night, she confirmed his worst nightmare. Though she hadn’t been upfront with it and came right out with it, but the way she talked about the situation, she knew more than she led on, and she just wanted to save him the hurt. What she didn’t understand was that he couldn’t be anymore hurt than he already was. Nothing could stop the constant sting in his heart knowing that the girl he fell in love with fell out of love with him and moved on with his arrogant half-brother.

He didn’t understand why life was so cruel to him. He couldn’t understand why he got everything he did, when he never did anything wrong. He did all he could, he loved a person with his entire soul, he worked his ass off to get some where in life, but in the end life fucked him over, and he hated it. He hated that assholes like Jordan could get everything that he had to yearn and pine for. Life was just so unfair.

Max brushed his routine thoughts out of his head and headed for the shower. He mumbled some what of a greeting to his mother as he passed by her on his way to the bathroom.

Lauren let out a sigh. The whole month he had been that way. Cold and distant. She wasn’t stupid she knew why he acted the way he did, but he’d get over it. If he had continued his relationship with Liz any longer, and then she ended up leaving him, which she knew she would, then the hurt would be even more unbearable than it already was. She was doing it for him. It was what was best for him, and hopefully he’ll realize that soon, and move on. She moved on from Phillip, and she knew her baby was strong enough to do so too.

<center>*****</center>

“Hello?” Liz answered her cell phone. Currently she was finishing up her homework, so she wouldn’t have to do it over the weekend. But the main reason why she was doing her homework on a Friday night was to keep her thoughts off that boy who dominated it.

She thought about him every day. She knew she shouldn’t, she knew that she needed to move on and slowly she was. She loved Max with everything she had, he had her entire heart and soul, and he probably always would have it, but if there was anything she wanted for him, she wanted him to be happy. If Tess could give him something that she couldn’t have given him, if Tess was what made him happy, as much as it killed her, she was content with knowing that he was happy.

Plus Maria had been really supportive. Maria was adamant that she would never talk to Max again for what he did to Liz, but Liz quickly made Maria change her mind. She told her that what went on between Max and she, went on between Max and she, and Max is her brother, Liz shouldn’t be the one to tear them apart.

Maria knew Liz was somewhat right, but she was still angry at Max, but once Liz cleared things up a bit, she slowly became forgiving. Max even wrote her a letter, it was short, and it didn’t even ask about Liz, which hurt Liz the most, but she needed to get over it, she was no longer a part of his life like that, and she needed to get passed it.

Maria wrote back to him, just saying that she was doing well, and that things were good for her and she wished him the best. There wasn’t much conversation between the two after that.

What surprised Liz the most was that the one person she least expected to help her get through the situation and really keep her mind off things was Jordan. Ever since Maria and Michael started dating, it seemed Jordan wanted to get to know Liz better. What shocked her most was that Jordan wasn’t so forward about the two being together as he had always been. Instead he had been a great friend, and when they conversated she actually found herself enjoying his company.

He had become a great friend of hers, and he was a big part of helping her move on from Max.

Though she wouldn’t ever fully move on from Max, she was getting there. The first 2 months had been extremely difficult, she found herself always yearning for him, she would cry herself to sleep every night, thoughts of Max flooding her mind. The pain in her heart was always so unbearable, and she wanted nothing more than to scream at the top of her lungs, scream out for Max to just come rescue her from the pain, but he never came, and she lost hope.

As time went on the nights became more bearable, and though she couldn’t sleep as peacefully, she didn’t cry herself to sleep anymore.

“Hey loser.” A smile came on Liz’s face as Jordan’s voice sounded through her cell phone.

“Hey what’s up?” Liz asked supporting the phone with her shoulder as she finished writing the last sentence on her English homework.

“What are you doing tonight?” He asked her.

“Probably nothing, I actually just finished all my homework.” Liz stated as she put her pencil down shutting her book.

“Nerd.” He teased.

“Shut up, at least I have the capability to fully understand what the hell I’m doing.” Liz retorted.

“Are you implying that I’m stupid?” Liz laughed.

“And what if I was?”

“Well I’d have to kick your ass, but first how about a movie tonight?” Liz smiled.

“Sounds great, oh and you couldn’t kick my ass if you tried. Be here by 7?”

“Yep. See ya then.” Liz bid her goodbye before hanging up the phone. She picked up her books and walked over to her computer table. She placed them down neatly before taking a seat on her chair and turning the computer on.

It was a daily ritual for her, everyday she would check the internet at least once, she would check the names on the list of deaths of soldiers in Iraq. Some days she would go to the library and double check with the newspapers. She couldn’t help herself. The two were over, yes, but the worry in her heart that he might be harmed in some way never left.

After reading through every name, and seeing that Max Walker wasn’t on the list, she sighed, not feeling satisfied with the situation, but she really didn’t have much choice over it. She shut her computer down, and got ready for the movies.

Jordan arrived right on time, and he smiled as Liz walked the steps. She was wearing a simple red tank top and a pair of jeans and matching flip-flops but she looked beautiful. He was also really satisfied with the progress the two were making, and it’s been plenty of amount of time since the situation with Max happened, and Jordan knew that tonight he would be making his first move on Liz.

“Ready?” He asked. Liz nodded her head and the two headed to the movies. They decided on seeing The Butterfly Effect. Jordan had been a complete gentleman, opening doors and paying for everything.

By the end of the movie Liz was in tears the effect of the movie having such an impression on her. The love that he felt for her, all he had done just to make sure she was happy, it was crazy.

“You’re such a sap Parker.” Jordan teased. Liz smiled a little the tears disappearing.

“Shut up, the movie was sad ok.” Liz laughed again, realizing the stupidity of crying over a movie.

“You’re adorable you know that.” Jordan stated. Liz blushed and smiled at him.

“Thanks.” The ride home was uneventful and once they got back to Liz’s house Jordan walked her to her door.

“Thanks for taking me tonight, I had fun.” Liz commented.

“I’m glad. Maybe we can do it again?” Liz nodded her head, not really noticing that he was implying it as a date.

“Yeah, sure.” She said. Just as she was about to bid her goodbye, when Jordan surprised her and swooped her in his arms giving her a sweet passionate kiss. Liz found herself lost in his kiss, it was so long since she kissed someone, and his kiss was engaging. When they pulled apart Jordan had a big smile on his face.

“Night Liz.” He said before walking away from the astonished Liz.

When he pulled out of her house Liz walked into her house and ran up to her room. She collapsed on her bed crying. She felt like she betrayed Max.
Dreamer<3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dreamer<3 »

Hey Guys! Ok I'm back! Now try not to throw to many things in a fit of anger at me with this chapter! :oops: Lol! I HOPE YOU ALL A HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Hope all turns out wonderful and more for you and your families! Thanks so much for all the feedback! You guys are awesome!!

To La'shon my amazing beta! Lol Hope you have fun re-reading hun :wink: hope to chat with you soon! Thanks for being the best beta!!!

Anyways here it is....

Chapter 19

February 2005
1 year later

"Hey baby." Jordan said as he came up from behind her as she was seated at their regular lunch table. Jordan was now 18 in his senior year as Liz had just turned 17 a week earlier and was now in her junior year.

Liz was eating lunch as she studied for an exam coming up. Once she heard Jordan's voice she looked up and smiled.

"Hey." She said turning her head around as he bent down to give her a quick kiss on the lips before sitting down next to her.

"Where are Michael and Maria?" Liz asked wondering why they hadn't showed up with Jordan as they normally do.

Jordan shrugged his shoulders.

"I have no idea, and I think I want to keep it that way." Liz smiled knowing exactly what he meant; Michael and Maria have frequently been visiting the Eraser Room lately.

"So what are you going to do this weekend, because I thought we could just hang out at my house the whole day since my parents are going to be in Los Angeles with your parents." Jordan suggested.

"I have to study." Liz said focusing her attention back on her studying.

"Baby, you have been studying non-stop the whole week, you need a break." Jordan said closing her books and wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her closer to him.

Liz sighed, she was exhausted from studying, and she knew she had been neglecting Jordan lately but she just wanted to pass her exams.

After that night Jordan kissed her, they had started dating, and a couple weeks later they had officially became a couple. Liz enjoyed being in his company, he lifted off all the drama of her life off her shoulders, and he made her feel like she belonged again.

She didn't love him, she would never love someone like she loved Max, but she did have feelings for Jordan. He was handsome, her parents loved him, his family loved her, they had a lot in common, and he made her happy. He treated her like a queen, and no seventeen year old girl would want to turn that down.

"I know, but I just want to do well on these tests." Jordan kissed her on her forehead.

"Baby, studying won't make you any smarter than you already are, you’ll ace them with ease.” He assured her. Liz smiled and leaned into his embrace.

“Ok, we can hang out, but just for Saturday, I’m studying all day Sunday.” Liz compromised. Jordan laughed but agreed.

“Ok deal.” He said before turning his head and capturing her lips and kissing her passionately.

<center>*****</center>

“Hey Max!” Max turned his gaze away from the computer and looked back to find Christina Smith. She was a pretty blonde, from Arizona, and the minute Max got to Korea Christina immediately took a liking to him.

As for Max, he tried to get his mind off Liz but it wasn’t that easy. He couldn’t fully commit to any type of relationship with a girl, but that didn’t stop him from having meaningless sex. That’s exactly what he had with Christina, just sex, but of course she wanted more.

“Christina.” Max commented before turning his attention back to the computer.

“So are we still on for tonight?” She asked enthusiastically.

“Yeah whatever.” Max said without taking his attention off the computer. Christina sighed, everyday she wished that Max would at least give an ounce of attention to her that had to deal with the two actually being in a relationship. She had fun with him sure, he was great in bed, but she wanted more. You couldn’t find guys like Max Walker everywhere; he was great, dedicated, and drop dead gorgeous. He was the perfect guy. She just wished he would realize that she was the perfect girl for him.

“Umm…So I was thinking, do you want to do something like I don’t know watch a movie or something?” Max sighed, he knew what she was insinuating but she couldn’t understand that that type of relationship couldn’t come for the two of them. His heart was already taken, and he wasn’t going to give it up to any other girl, not even if Liz was with another man.

Over the last year Max had come more to terms with everything. What he wanted for Liz more than anything was her happiness, if Jordan could bring that to her, than he wasn’t going to stand in the way. He wished so much that it could be different, but it wasn’t and he lived with it.

But to him, no matter what he tried, his heart never wanted to leave Liz. So for him, he never had been in a relationship. He just had sex, and if Christina couldn’t understand that that’s all he wanted out of their friendship, then she should just end things with him then.

“I have to study tonight, if you just want to do things like we originally planned, than I’d have time for that.” Max said not looking at her once. Christina sighed.

“Sure Max.”

<center>*****</center>

“Where were you and Michael today at lunch?” Liz questioned as she and Maria were getting ready for their double date with Jordan and Michael.

Maria smirked.

“Where are we always usually during school?” Liz shook her head.

“Maria, Maria, Maria.” Maria laughed.

“Don’t worry, I’m being careful.” Liz rolled her eyes.

“Don’t you ever worry about getting caught? I mean I could never do that in a public place.” Liz said the thoughts of that crowding her mind, and she shivered thinking of how wrong it could all go.

Maria laughed.

“That’s the whole thrill of the situation, that fact that you could get caught.” She explained.

“Gross Maria.” Liz commented. Maria laughed.

“Hey it’s not my fault you’re not getting any.” Maria said. Liz rolled her eyes.

“I’m sorry that I’m not a sexually driven teenager as you Maria. I’m not ready to take that step with Jordan yet.”

“Liz, you’ve been together for a year now.” Maria commented. She knew that the real reason why Liz wasn’t ready was because she was holding back because of Max. Maria still knew her best friend was very much in love with her half brother, but the two had parted over 16 months ago, Liz had moved on, but she hadn’t let go, and Maria wanted Liz to let go so the pain could go away.

At first Maria was shocked when Liz had gotten with Jordan, she immediately was against it, but through time she saw that he made her happy, and that gave Maria hope, that maybe Jordan could make her hurt go away.

But Liz never let Max go, and the sting of pain that he left her still stung her everyday, and even though she didn’t want to admit it, Maria knew it was true.

“Maria, in time, I’ll be ready, but I like where things are with us right now, and I just don’t want things to get messed up.” Liz stated. Secretly she wasn’t sure if she was ready to give that part of herself to someone other than Max. It had been almost and year and a half now that they parted and she thought of him less and less because she was happy with Jordan, but her heart would never let go of Max. He was her first love, he was her everything, no one could take his place; everyone would just be second best.

“Ok, ok. I was just kidding. Don’t rush to have sex, we wouldn’t want another nympho on our hands now would we?” Liz laughed.

“Oh Maria, I love you.” Maria gave a cheeky grin.

“I know. I’m just so loveable.” Liz whacked her with her shirt before walking into the bathroom to fix her hair.

<center>*****</center>

“Max wait!” Christina said clutching the bed sheet to her chest with one hand, using the other hand to stop Max from getting up off the bed.

Max looked back from his spot of putting his pants back on, as Christina had disrupted him.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Why don’t you stay for a little while?” She asked, while it was more like pleading. Max turned his attention back to putting his pants on. Once he succeeded he stood up off the bed and placed his shoes on quickly. He grabbed his shirt from the floor and put it on before looking back at her.

“Sorry, I need to get things done. I’ll see you around Christina.” Max grabbed his wallet from her night stand and walked out of her room. Christina sighed and slumped back on the bed.

<Center>*****</center>

“Oh and remember when we were little when me and Liz forced you and Michael to wear make-up, gosh we were probably no older than 4.” Liz and Maria laughed at the memory as the boys tried to keep their ego intact.

“I remember no such incident.” Michael commented. Maria laughed and grabbed his cheek and moved his head side to side.

“You were such a cute girl.” Liz and Maria continued to laugh as Michael pushed Maria’s hand off his face.

“Ok, enough crushing our egos, I want to dance with my girl, so if you two don’t mind…” Jordan said getting up from the table sticking out his hand for to take. Liz smiled and took it and the two went out on the dance floor.

I've been with 9s and 10s
Some come around again
I've seen a dime or two
They don't compare to you
So many things I like
Too many to even name
I wanna be your man
I hope you feel the same

Liz laughed as Jordan spun her around as they danced to the medium tempo song.

Baby all I wanna do is hold you
And show you how much i adore you
Want you, need you
Baby, you're . . . you're my favorite girl
Baby you're the only one
I wanna give you the world

Yea, you're . . . you're my favorite girl
You really really got it going on
Everything that a man could want
You're my favorite girl
Hmm, you're my favorite girl

“You’re my favorite girl Liz Parker.” Jordan whispered in her ear as they dance together. Liz smiled up at him and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

You're everything a man like me could ever want
Give me what I need and nothing that I don't
Girl I promise I'll always have your back
You're all I need
You're . . . you're my favorite girl
Baby you're the only one

“Would you let me give you the world Miss Parker?” He asked as he spun her around again. Liz smiled up at him.

“What things entitle this you giving me this world Mr. Evans?” Liz asked.

You're my favorite girl
you're . . . you're my favorite girl
Baby you're the only one

“Everything and anything you want, anything that pleases you. I’d do my best to get it for you.” He said. Liz smiled up at him and cupped his cheek and gave him a sweet kiss on the lips.

“I have my family, I have Maria, I have you, I’m a pretty satisfied girl. But I’ll take you up on that offer when there’s something else I need.”

You're my favorite girl
You're my favorite girl
(You're my favorite girl)
You're my favorite girl
You're my favorite . . .

Jordan smiled and pulled her close as the song faded into a slower moving song. Liz sighed against his chest.

The only thing she really wanted more than anything was Max Walker.

Favorite Girl- Marques Houston
Last edited by Dreamer<3 on Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.