Rescued From Death (AU, M/L,Adult) 11/11/07 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

****Response to feedback on previous page***

Part 30

The week at the cabin seemed at once to fly by quickly, yet last a lifetime. While the two of them spent almost every moment together, they weren’t in any rush to see everything the resort had to offer. Instead, they spent their time leisurely enjoying each other’s company and doing whatever happened to catch their interest at that moment. In between relaxing in the cabin, the two of them enjoyed other activities which they’d always remember as significant moments during their stay.

One such moment happened the very next day of their stay. Tuesday morning found them taking their time to get out of bed before making breakfast together. It was while they were eating that they decided to go for a walk together throughout the resort to see the sights. So, after breakfast they cleaned up, got dressed, and headed out on a path that ran along the side of their cabin.

The path took them on a scenic walk through the land of the resort and eventually had them entering the grounds of the main lodge of the resort. At the lodge they discovered an indoor/outdoor heated pool, a sauna, spa, game room, convenience store, and restaurant. The information desk also had brochures for plenty of outdoor activities such as horseback riding, mountain climbing, skiing, hiking, and bird watching walks.

After playing a few games in the game room and browsing through the store, they gathered up some of the brochures and went to have a light lunch in the restaurant. While they ate, they talked about some of the things they might want to do while there, but decided to leave them off until some other time as they both wanted to continue their walk through the grounds.

After lunch, they made their way back out to the path, now equipped with a detailed map of the resort so they could take a more secluded walk through the woods. It was this walk that they would fondly look back on and remember as one of the best moments of their stay.

Walking hand in hand along the path which eventually left the carefully manicured grounds of the resort and moved into more natural wilderness, Liz and Max began to enjoy the sights and sounds of nature around them. As they walked, Liz pointed out some of the flora she recognized and even explained how some of them were once used as medication for people long ago. As usual, Max marveled at how much his wife knew about the natural land as opposed to his knowledge of the technical world they lived in now.

As they walked around a curve in the path, they came upon a pond with a small stream flowing down out of it. It was obvious that the surrounding woods kept the pond secluded and seemed to be a local waterhole for the local wildlife. Before Max had a chance to walk towards the pond, Liz pulled him back with a finger to her lips for silence.

She led him to a nearby tree with low hanging foliage so that they could hide behind it. Max mouthed the words ‘why are we hiding’ and Liz replied ‘wait and see’. They remained hidden and silent for nearly fifteen minutes before anything happened.

Then, from the woods on the far side of the pond, a doe emerged. Max’s eyes went wide as he and Liz watched the doe take a few steps towards the pond then stop. She appeared to be listening and scanning the area with her head held high. After a few moments in which she decided the area was clear, she turned her head and made a soft snort.

From the foliage came two smaller deer who followed their mother to the pond where all three of them dipped their heads to drink. In silence, Max and Liz watched the entire scene as the minutes ticked by. Then the doe’s head snapped up as she stared at a spot about half of the way between her position and where Max and Liz were hiding.

A few seconds later, a wolf ambled out with a cub in tow. The deer appeared to be watching, ready to bolt at a moment’s notice, but the two wolves ignored them and walked up to the pond for a drink of their own. Eventually the deer decided there was no immediate threat and went back to their own drinking.

Soon, the doe rounded up her two children and they disappeared into the foliage from the direction in which they’d come. Several minutes later, the two wolves also left as a fox wandered in to have a drink of it’s own.

When the fox finally left, Liz took Max’s hand and led him back to the path so that they could continue their walk. Before Max had a chance to ask her why they weren’t stopping at the pond, Liz spoke up.

“It’s a watering hole for wildlife Max. I remember Lance once told me that animals can sometimes tell if a human has been around them and they will avoid it after that. Think about it Max. If we leave our scent there, we would prevent the animals from getting to one of their sources of survival. What if this is the only one around for miles?”

Max frowned at that. “Right, no need to change things if we can help it.”

Liz gave him a grateful smile. “Right.”

So they continued on their walk through the woods until they’d made it back to their cabin where they rested up a bit before having some dinner and enjoying a night in front of a fire.

Wednesday had them enjoying a ride in a cable car up the mountain where Max tried to teach Liz how to ski. Unfortunately, she couldn’t get the hang of it saying she just wasn’t good at things that involved steering just like a car.

Still, she did have fun trying to get down the mountain in one piece and at the bottom after Max had turned in the skis, the two of them engaged in a snowball fight. For Liz, that was the most memorable part of the day. Being able to pelt Max with snowballs while he tried to hit her with some of his own. However, she was always able to duck and roll away before the snowballs could make contact.

Max joked that she was used to falling and rolling from her time skiing. Liz got him back for that remark a little later. As they were walking down the mountain, Liz saw a couple of kids lying in the snow moving their arms and legs back and forth and asked Max what they were doing.

He looked at them and smiled. “They’re making snow angels.”

“Snow angels? What’s that?”

He chuckled. “Here, I’ll show you.”

He let go of her hand and lay down in the snow with his arms at his sides and his legs together. She watched as he began to move his arms up and down as he opened and closed his legs. He did it a few times before he slowly got up and moved back to look down at his work.

Grinning at Liz, he indicated the indention in the snow. “See? It’s an angel in the snow.”

Liz’s eyes went wide as she realized what he was saying. Sure enough it looked like an angel with wings and a long robe.

“Wow! That’s wonderful Max!”

Max nodded. “Yeah, kids love doing that in the snow. I remember how much I loved to do it as a kid.”

Liz chuckled. “I’ve got to try it!”

Max watched as Liz lay down not too far from the angel he’d made and began to make one of her own. When she was done, she got up and stepped back to see what she’d made.

“Look! I’ve got a snow angel too!” she laughed.

“Yep,” replied Max.

She frowned. “Hm, but it seems to be missing something.”

“What?” asked Max.

Liz looked around until she grinned. “Wait a second.”

Max watched as she made her way to a small outcropping and picked up a couple of rocks. Walking back to the angel, she leaned over and placed two small rocks for eyes and then scooped out the snow above the head until a halo was formed. Once she was done, she stepped back once more and smiled.

“That’s better. Now it really looks like an angel.”

Max chuckled. “Yes it does honey.”

They stood there for a few more moments before Liz wrapped an arm around Max’s waist and they continued down the mountain. Suddenly, Liz stopped walking and bent over.

“Ouch!”

Max frowned as Liz continued to lean over her leg. “Honey? You okay?”

“I dunno, I think I hurt my ankle.”

“Here, let me see.” As he leaned over to look, Liz straightened up and grabbed the back of his jacket. Quickly stuffing a handful of snow down the back of his sweater, Liz pushed Max back into the snow and ran down the mountain laughing.

“That’s for the rolling remark earlier!” she yelled.

Once he’d gotten over the shock of cold wetness running down his back, he was back on his feet and laughing as he chased her nearly half way back to their cabin. He should have known better than to fall for that damsel in distress act his wife loved to play on him. Still, he wasn’t complaining since it meant he got to chase her a bit. Both of them loved the rush of it and knew where play like that often led. Oh yeah, once they reached the cabin he was so going to forgive his wife for the snow down his back because she’d make sure he would.

Thursday’s memorable moment was one Max would remember the most from the trip. That night, Max decided to make a romantic dinner for the two of them since the weather was colder than usual. So, with a roaring fire in the fireplace and the living room furniture moved to make room for the breakfast table near the fire the two of them sat down to a nice dinner together.

There were no lights on except for the fireplace and several candles around the living room. Plus, Max had opened the curtains wide from the sliding doors at the back of the cabin for a spectacular moonlit view of the outdoors. He’d also turned on the radio and managed to find a station that played soft music to set the mood.

For her part, Liz enjoyed the fact that Max had arranged all of this while she’d been taking her shower. She’d known he was going to make dinner for them, but she hadn’t been expecting him to make it so romantic. Still, seeing what he’d managed to do in such a short time made her appreciation of him grow even more.

After dinner, they cleared away the remains and Max moved the table back to the kitchen so that they could dance and relax in front of the fire. Almost an hour later, Liz was in his arms as they danced slowly to the music from the radio when she gave him the moment to remember.

Liz sighed as she leaned even closer to her husband’s chest. Her head rested just over his heartbeat and her hands were clasped at the back of his waist. She had been listening to his heartbeat for the last two songs while deciding if the time was right to finally talk to him.

She’d actually been wanting to talk to him for a few weeks already, but was afraid to bring it up. She wasn’t certain how he was going to take the news, especially after the conversation they’d had that day he’d surprised her with the trip to the mountain cabin resort. Finally deciding it was now or never, she lifted her head and looked up at him.

“Max? Can we sit down for a bit?”

He leaned down to kiss her lips. “You okay?”

She gave him a smile. “I’m fine, I just want to sit down for a little while.”

“Sure.” He took her hand and led her to the couch where they both sat down. Liz turned slightly until she was facing him, but didn’t say anything for a while.

Max frowned. “Liz? Something on your mind?”

She sighed. “Um, well actually, it’s been on my mind for a while but I didn’t know how to tell you this.”

“Tell me what?”

“Well, I was thinking about the catering business I’d thought of starting…”

Max groaned as he let his head fall back on the couch. “Liz, can we not talk about this now?”

“Max, wait. It’s not what you think.”

He closed his eyes. “This is supposed to be a honeymoon for us. So, there’s no talk of work or home or…”

“Max, I’m pregnant!”

His head jerked up and he stared at her. “What?”

She gave him a sheepish look. “I’m pregnant again.”

“You’re…” he faltered as his eyes trailed down to her stomach before he looked her in the eyes again. “Really?”

She smiled at the hopeful note in his voice. “Yes, really. I missed my period last month, so I had Tess take me to the doctor and he said I’m pregnant.”

Max grinned as he pulled her into his arms. “Oh my God! I’m going to be a father again!”

As Liz chuckled, he pulled away and frowned at her. “Wait, what has this got to do with catering?”

She sighed as she caressed his cheek. “I’ve decided that I don’t want to do it after all.”

He stared at her. “You don’t want to start the business?”

She shook her head.

He continued to stare at her for a few moments before he sighed and took her hands in his. “Liz, look. I know it seems hopeless right now because you were so focused on Destiny and now you’re going to have another baby to focus on…”

Liz shook her head again. “No Max, you don’t understand. That’s what I’ve been thinking about for a while now. And when I found out I was pregnant again, it just helped me to make up my mind. I don’t want to start a business anymore.”

“Liz, there will still be a chance a few years after the baby is born.”

“That’s just it Max. I don’t think there will be a chance even then.”

“What? Why not?”

She smiled at him. “Because, I want more than just two children. Don’t you?”

When he stared at her in confusion, she chuckled. “I just realized that there’s something I want more than starting a business or working. I want to raise a family Max. Our family. I mean, the only reason I wanted to start catering was because I love to cook. But why start a business when I can cook for my friends and family?”

When he continued to just sit there, she continued. “That’s what makes me the happiest Max, raising a family and spending time with you and them. Cooking is just a bonus for me. It’s always been just that, but I think I was just so concerned with the way you just took care of me and it made me feel guilty. I thought I had to do something to repay you for all of the kindness you showed me by taking me in.”

Max sighed as he lowered his forehead to hers. “Liz, it was never a hardship to take care of you.”

She smiled as she cupped his face in her hands. “I know that now. You’ve shown me what it’s like to love someone unconditionally Max. And that’s how I feel about you and our children. You take care of us the way you do best and I want to take care of us the way I know best. Will you let me do that?”

“Are you sure this is what you want to do?”

“Positive.”

“Okay, then you do what makes you happy.”

Her smile widened as she leaned in to kiss him.

When they pulled apart to breathe she asked, “Do you want more children Max?”

He grinned. “I want as many as you want, baby.”

She chuckled. “Good answer.”

He chuckled too before she kissed him again.

It was early afternoon on Friday before either Max or Liz woke up. After Liz had made that announcement to Max the night before, they’d celebrated another addition to the family by having a few more dances then doing the horizontal tango in bed for a few hours before finally giving in to exhaustion and sleep.

Max was the first to wake up, but all he did was lay there to relish the feeling of holding his wife in his arms. He lay on his side facing her while she was on her back snuggled into him. Her face was turned into his shoulder and an arm was slung over the arm he had wrapped around her.

Smiling as he blinked the sleep out of his eyes, he enjoyed the way she looked so peaceful at his side. Eventually his eyes strayed to her belly which still didn’t show any sign of her newest pregnancy. His smile widened as the words “I’m going to be a father again” replayed over and over in his head.

He couldn’t believe it. Liz was pregnant again. And not only that, but she was clearly planning on having more children. She wanted more children. He’d gotten that message loud and clear the night before. Granted, he’d never really given it much thought before. Sure, he’d wanted a family with Liz, but he’d never decided on a number. He still didn’t have a number, but decided he’d leave that up to his wife to decide.

Lifting his hand, he brushed his fingers over her belly before leaning over to press a soft kiss on it. As he lifted his head, Liz ran her fingers through his hair and smiled sleepily up at him.

He kissed the palm of her hand. “Good afternoon love.”

“Mm, good afternoon.”

He smiled. “You want to stay in bed today? I’ll get up and make us something to eat.”

Liz sighed. “Actually, I was thinking of taking a nice long bath first. Care to join me?”

He chuckled. “Um, I’m not sure that’s wise.”

She lifted her head until her lips grazed his. “Oh, I think that’s exactly what we both need.”

Ten minutes later, the two of them were in the garden tub relaxing in the hot water. Of course, as soon as Liz felt relaxed enough, she moved to her husband’s side and leaned in to kiss him. One thing led to another and soon she was straddling his thighs with her hands buried in his hair.

Max moaned as his wife slid her tongue into his mouth to tease his. He slid his hands up her back as she pressed her chest into his and devoured his mouth. As her lips left his to nibble their way across his jaw and neck, he slid his hands down her back until he was cupping her behind.

Liz nipped at Max’s earlobe as she slid one hand down his chest until she had him in her hand. Stroking him slowly, she kissed his throat and smiled as she felt his groan beneath her lips. She swirled her tongue around his Adam’s apple before lifting her head to take his lips in hers again.

As Liz kissed him once more, she rose up and Max moved his hands from her behind to her hips to help her ease herself onto him. Her hand still held him as she guided him to her opening and slowly sank down until he was completely sheathed inside of her.

They moaned in unison as they remained still to enjoy the sensation of him filling her up inside. A few moments later, Liz began to move her body with the help of Max’s hands on her hips. She kissed him again until they were both breathless.

When she lifted her head and began to ride him in short, quick motions Max leaned tilted his head back against the rim of the tub and gritted his teeth trying not to come too soon. Shifting slightly beneath her, he braced his feet against the bottom of the tub and began to lift his own hips to meet her downward movements.

Liz gripped his shoulders as she threw her head back and closed her eyes. Losing herself in the sensation of his body inside of hers, she could feel the beginning of her orgasm. Max didn’t take his eyes off of her as he felt her body beginning to tremble above him.

Her fingers dug into his skin as her body gripped his tighter, pulling him even deeper inside of her. With a gasp of his name, she finally went tumbling over the edge into bliss. Max continued to thrust up into her body even as he felt her liquid heat surrounding him.

With a yell of her name, he released himself into her depths and clutched her to his chest until he was spent. Liz remained draped over him as the trembling in her body began to subside.

After a few moments, Liz nuzzled his neck and mumbled against his skin. “Mm, I think a light lunch then spending the rest of the day in bed sounds like a good idea now.”

Max chuckled. “Yeah, I’m thinking the same thing.”

Saturday was their last full day and night there before they’d be returning home late Sunday afternoon. So, the two of them spent most of it taking advantage of their cabin and going for a swim in the heated pool at the lodge. Max had asked Liz if she wanted to spend some time at the spa, but Liz said she’d rather spend time with him since this was one of the few times they could be alone together.

So, they went for a leisurely afternoon swim in the pool before returning to their cabin to shower and rest a bit. Later that evening, they returned to the lodge for dinner at the restaurant then back to the cabin for their last night alone.

Max and Liz woke up late Sunday morning and had a relaxing breakfast together before packing up the rest of their belongings. After stopping at the lodge so that Max could check them out, they were back in the SUV on the road to the city to catch their flight back home.

As Max drove them back to the city, Liz returned to watching the scenery passing by. After a while, she turned to look at her husband with a sigh and a smile. Taking his hand in hers, she gave it a squeeze.

“Thank you for a wonderful week Max. I’ll never forget it.”

He gave her a smile of his own. “You’re welcome. And I won’t forget it either.”

She laughed. “Hm, I’ll bet.”

He winked at her before concentrating on the road once more.

Liz watched him drive for a few moments. As she admired his profile, she realized just how lucky she was to have had another chance to live a life she’d never even dreamed of. She would have never believed that she would actually fall in love with a man as wonderful as Max and be allowed to have the family she’d always wanted.

Giving silent thanks to the one who’d made everything possible, she leaned over to place a kiss against her husband’s cheek. As she realized just how wonderful it made her feel to think of her husband and the family they were creating, Max turned to smile at her.

“You okay baby?”

She nodded. “Mm hm. Just thinking of how happy and lucky I am to have everything I want.”

He lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it. “Are you now?”

She grinned. “Yes and you’re part of the reason why that’s all true.”

He smiled as he continued to drive down the road. “I feel the same way about you Liz.”

“Good,” she whispered as she leaned in and kissed his lips, taking care not to obscure his view of the road.

As she trailed her lips to his ear she whispered, “Pull over Max. I want to enjoy nature one more time before we go home.”

Max groaned at her suggestion before surveying their surroundings. Finally finding a secluded spot to pull the SUV over into, he did so. Liz waited patiently until Max turned off the car before pulling his lips back to hers and kissing him deeply.

Max growled as Liz slid into his lap. “Liz, honey, I don’t think we should…”

“Shh, Max. I just want to show you once more how grateful I am that you rescued me.”

Max didn’t say anything else for a while as the two of them made out in that secluded area. It was only for a few more moments before Liz finally slid back into her own seat and they righted their clothes from their heavy make out session.

Still, it had been enough for Max to get the point she’d been trying to make. Now he couldn’t wait to get back home so that he and Liz could continue where they’d left off. Granted, it would be hours before they got home but Max could wait. After all, Liz had made up her mind that she would spend the rest of her life showing Max how much she loved the man who had rescued her from death.

THE END
Last edited by Shadowlynxbehr on Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Epilogue

***Five years later***

Max Evans looked up as Michael clapped him on the back and stood next to him.

“Congrats again man,” said Michael.

Kyle chuckled as he moved to Max’s other side. “Yeah Man, what he said.”

Max grinned as he turned to look back at the window in front of him. “Thanks guys.”

Michael and Kyle joined him in staring at the babies in the nursery. A few moments later, Kyle shook his head.

“Geez man, you sure are loaded aren’t you?”

Max quirked an eyebrow at him. “What?”

As Michael grinned, Kyle explained. “I mean, we all know why Liz never had kids in her other life. Where Sean was lacking, you’ve more than made up for it. I almost feel sorry for Liz now.”

Max rolled his eyes as Michael began to laugh. “Laugh it up all you want guys, but this was Liz’s choice. She wants kids and I’m more than willing to give them to her.”

Michael snickered. “Yeah, but man even the girls are wondering when you two are gonna slow down.”

Max could only beam at the babies in the nursery. “I’m sure Liz will want a breather after this time. After all, she’ll have her hands full with the twins.”

Kyle shook his head. “And they’re boys too! Oh yeah, she’ll want a breather.”

Michael nodded. “Especially since Sean is still a handful at four and a half years.”

Max nodded as he looked at his twin sons sleeping. “Yeah, Liz says he takes after his namesake.”

“Is that a good or bad thing?” asked Kyle.

Max grinned. “I don’t have any complaints and I haven’t heard Liz voicing any either.”

“Daaaaad! Desi sez I can’ see mommy umtil she go home!”

The three men turned to see a teary-eyed miniature copy of Max running down the hallway towards the nursery with his little arms flailing in the air. As the boy reached the men, Max scooped him up and wiped the tears from his eyes.

“Don’t worry, Sean. You can see mommy as soon as she wakes up okay? She’s still a little tired from welcoming your brothers into the world, but I’ll come get you as soon as she wakes up.”

“Promise?”

Max smiled and ruffled his son’s hair. “Promise, little man.”

Sean grinned at him. “Kin I go tell Desi tha?”

Max nodded as he set his son back on his feet. “Go ahead.”

As Sean rushed back to tell his older sister that he would be allowed to see his mother soon, Michael caught the look on his friend’s face. He knew exactly how Max felt because he looked at his own children the same way. Like Max, Michael couldn’t be more prouder of his kids and amazed that he and Maria had managed to create something so wonderful.

Kyle smiled as he looked between his two best friends before looking back into the nursery. Who would have thought that he would know exactly what his friends were thinking at that moment, but he did. It was the same thing he felt when he looked at the two year old daughter he and Tess had. So far, Ava was the best thing he and Tess had created, but they had only gotten started. Still, he was certain his family would only grow as Michael and Max’s had.

Liz smiled at her husband as he made his way to her side. He leaned in to kiss her lips before caressing her cheek.

“How are you feeling?”

“Still a little tired, but better.”

“Hm, you up for some visitors?”

She quirked an eyebrow. “I thought Michael and Maria took Mikey and Allison home since Allison was falling asleep.”

He nodded. “Yeah, but that’s not who I’m talking about.”

“Oh, so who’s the visitor?”

He grinned. “Sean wants to see his mommy.”

She laughed. “So that’s why Mikey was upset then? Sean didn’t want to go spend the night with him again.”

Max chuckled. “Oh Sean wants to spend the night with his best friend, but not until he gets to see you first.”

Liz nodded. “Okay, then are you driving him to their house afterwards?”

“No. Tess and Kyle are still here. They said they’ll drop him off before heading home with Destiny and their daughter.”

“Okay, be sure to thank them for taking Destiny. I know how hard it is for them with their two year old.”

Max grinned. “I will, but you have to know. Kyle is loving every moment of it.”

Liz nodded. She knew exactly what Max was talking about. Kyle had amazed them all again when he and Tess had announced that they were finally having a child of their own. Then when Ava was born, Kyle turned into a wonderful father, one who was just as protective of his daughter as Max was of his kids.

As Max leaned in to kiss his wife once more, they both realized how it really was destiny for them to be right where they were. Together, in love, and with a growing family. In fact, it was that realization that had prompted them to name their son Sean. A tribute to the man who had made it possible for them to have a future.

Now, they had two new additions to their family. So, it was only fitting to name one Blake and the other Joseph. Together the names meant there was a bright and large future. A future full of love and life.

THE END
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss