Of Secrets, Healers, & Fae (AU,M/L,ADULT) COMPLETE

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Of Secrets, Healers, & Fae (M/L, Adult)pt 30(pg19)7/31

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Part 31

It was a few hours before dawn when Elizabeth stirred in Max’s arms. The room was still dark and she knew it was still dark outside as well. She sighed in contentment at the feel of Max wrapped around her as if he were protecting her from the world’s evils.

Max had been a saint throughout the night as she had come to terms with how much her life was changing overnight. She had known it was going to happen even before she had returned to the woods to become Max’s consort, but last night it had all hit home. Yet Max had been there every step of the way, patiently explaining things to her and allowing her to grieve. She was amazed at how well he had understood her pain and his ability to cope with it.

When he had coaxed her into changing to sleep, she had mumbled sleepily that he hadn’t explained the things she would be giving to her parents. As he settled her into bed, he’d told her he would explain it all in the morning before she went to meet her parents. She had ceased all talk as sleep had finally claimed her after he exhausting ordeal.

She had slept like the dead apparently because she didn’t remember feeling Max curling up behind her and settling her into his embrace. Still, it was a welcome feeling to wake up in his sheltered embrace before she had to face what she knew would be one of the hardest days of her life.

Shifting until she was facing him, she took in the breathtaking view of his sleeping face before she reached a hand to touch his cheek. A smile blossomed over his lips before his eyes opened to glow warmly at her.

She tsked at him. “How long have you been awake?”

He turned his head to kiss her palm. “I only just woke up when I felt you moving in my arms.”

She laughed. “You are a light sleeper.”

“I am just attuned to you, my sweet Elizabeth.”

She sighed. “Now that is somehow very easy to believe.”

He grinned. “Come, why don’t we have a bath before we get ready for this day.”

Elizabeth nodded as Max rose from the bed and helped her to her feet. They walked into the bathing room together where she began to undress as Max prepared the hot spring for them. Once she was seated in the bath, Max got undressed and joined her there. She allowed him to pamper her, knowing he was doing his best to help her get ready to face the day.

Still, after she closed her eyes and relaxed while he ran the soapy sponge over her body she became anything but relaxed. By the time he had moved on to wash her hair, she was becoming impatient. Those long fingers of his sensually massaging her scalp didn’t help matters in the least. She had to bite her lip and stay still until he had finished rinsing her hair and body completely.

As soon as he was done, she turned to face him with a smile. “Your turn.”

With that, she began to run her hands all over his wet body. She took the soap, lathered her hands, then ran them over him until he was slick. She repeated those motions a few times, letting her hands take liberties at feeling every inch of his body. From the broad shoulders, to the perfect planes of his chest. Then to the smooth expanse of his back and slight curves of his behind. Finally to the strength of his thighs and back up to the silky length of him.

She heard his swift intake of breath as she bathed him there, but she made sure not to linger too long. She wanted to finish bathing him first. So she soon moved to his hair and finally rinsed his hair and body before taking his lips in hers.

Max never had a chance to collect his wits as her hands found his length once more and began to stroke him in earnest. However, he managed to slip his tongue into her mouth taking control of their kisses. He slipped his hands into her hair bringing her down onto his lap as their kisses deepened and became hungrier.

He growled into her mouth when her hands squeezed him just right and massaged his sac the way she knew he liked. Now that he was as hard as she wanted him to be, she quickly shifted over his lap until he was sheathed inside of her.

She let out a moan of pleasure as he began to rock beneath her, his hands moving down to her hips to help her ride him to her heart’s content. She placed her hands on his shoulders, leaning back slightly to look down into his eyes.

Her womb clinched at the sight of his glowing amber gaze which never failed to let her know just how affected he was by their lovemaking. A lopsided grin stole over his face because he felt her body’s response to his gaze. Even he could tell how affected she was by him.

They gazed into each other’s eyes for a while as she continued to ride him. Then she cupped his cheek in her hand and moaned an “I love you Max” before closing her eyes and riding him harder.

Max pulled her to him and took a nipple into his mouth. He teased it with his tongue first, then sucked it deeper into his hot mouth knowing the tug would only entice her more. As she responded to that pull with a moan and faster motion of her hips, Max moved to tease her other breast.

Elizabeth wrapped her arms around his head and shoulders as if to say she wanted him to continue what he was doing. He happily obliged, moving his mouth from one breast to the other even while his hands remained at her hips helping her to ride him.

Soon Elizabeth cried out, begging Max for help.

“Please, Max! I need…please!”

Max let one hand slide from her hip to the area between her legs, his fingers delving through her folds to find the point where her pleasure seemed to collect. Adding pressure, he caressed her bundle of nerves until she threw her head back and screamed his name.

“Yes Maaaax!”

He gritted his teeth as her womb clenched tight over his length, milking him for all he was worth. He continued to lift his hips, thrusting deep into her until his own end approached.

As he let go with a shout of her name, he felt her join him as they both flew over the edge together.

*********************************************************************************************

Max walked into the bedroom with the items Elizabeth would be taking to her parents. She stood in front of the wardrobe with her back to him as she finished getting herself ready to go. He stopped just inside the room to stare at her beauty.

She had chosen a light blue-grey floor length gown to wear and he wondered if she had done it intentionally to match the blue-grey tunic and leggings he wore. Her gown was just as elaborate as his outfit was, but he had thought she’d wear something simple to see her parents.

There were silk threads woven along the collar of her gown as well as around the waist, along the hem and near the edge of the sleeves that flared out past her wrists nearly to her fingers. The threads made it look as if colorful glitter sparkled on those areas of her gown. It was the same for the collar of his tunic as well as the hems around his wrists and bottom of the tunic.

Her gown was slightly fitted down to her waist where the silk threads glittered almost like a belt of sorts. From there the skirt part flared out to the ground with a part of the back of it trailing slightly behind her. His tunic was also fitted closely over his broad shoulders and tapered at his waist. The length of the tunic reached just to his thighs over the fitted chamois-like leggings that he wore.

As she turned to face him, a glimpse of satin slippers peeked out from beneath the hem of the gown. In contrast, he wore leather thigh high boots that had been dyed to match the rest of his outfit.

Elizabeth smoothed down her skirt as she looked at him in question. “How do I look?”

He glanced down at his outfit before looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

She shrugged. “Sorry, I couldn’t resist. I was thinking of how much I liked that color on you when I spied this gown in the wardrobe.”

He smiled as he set his burden down on the edge of the bed before moving to stand in front of her. He took her hands in his and held them up and away from her as if he were seriously looking her over. It was all an act of course, since he’d deemed her beautiful from the moment he’d walked into the room and seen her there in front of the wardrobe.

When she appeared to look uncomfortable, he leaned in and whispered into her ear. “You took my breath away from the moment I walked into the room.”

When he backed away, he saw the blush that stole over her cheeks even though she looked him straight in the eye. “Are you teasing me?” she demanded.

He grinned, but even she could see the way his eyes were beginning to glow. “Maybe I am. But you are beautiful just the same.”

“Oh Max,” she whispered as he cupped her cheek in his hand.

His eyes glowed a deeper amber as his voice came out on a husky note. “This color looks lovely on you too. It makes your hair shine even more.”

He leaned in and gave her a kiss which she willingly took until his arm snaked around her waist and brought her body flush with his. As much as she would have liked to continue kissing him and then some, she knew now wasn’t the time. With as much willpower as she could muster against his assault, she managed to press her hands against his chest as she mumbled the words she hoped he would hear.

“Max, no time. The items…my parents.”

Max continued to kiss her even though he responded. “Mm, yes. We have time.”

Elizabeth pulled her head back and looked up at the ceiling, keeping her lips from his. “Max, you still have to teach me about the items.”

Max lowered his lips to her neck but only sighed against her skin before lifting his head to look at her. She gave him an apologetic look when he simply stood there looking at her for a few moments until he let her go long enough to take her hand in his to lead her to sit on the edge of their bed.

“Before I explain these things to you, there’s something I want to give you first.”

Elizabeth nodded. “Okay, what is it?”

He lifted his hand to his temple then moved it to her temple as he said the words, “What is mine, is yours. Let there be no secrets between my mind and yours. So mote it be.”

When he nodded to her she answered, “So mote it be.”

Then he smiled at her just before she heard his voice in her head. “Can you hear me, my sweet?”

She nodded. “Of course I can,” she replied out loud.

He shook his head. “No, reply to me in my head as I do you. I have made my mind open to yours and yours only.”

Her eyes widened as she responded in his mind. “Really?”

His smile told her that he had heard her, but he continued to talk to her mind to mind. “Yes. It is only right that we can communicate with each other this way. Just in case you are far away and need my help with something.”

She grinned. “As in if my parents ask me a question I can’t answer and this is the easiest way for me to ask you and give them an answer right away.”

“Yes, but there are other reasons.”

He slid his hand into hers again even as he continued to speak in her mind. “I don’t want there to be any secrets between us anymore since you and I are now consorts. I want you to be able to call on me wherever you are for whatever reason you may need. And I want to do the same with you. I want you to get to know me, to know what you mean to me. This way you will always get the truth from me, our minds cannot lie to each other, we would know without a word spoken when the other is lying.”

“No secrets?”

Max shook his head. “None.”

When she didn’t say anything else, Max sighed. “I know it was frustrating for you all those times you couldn’t get into my mind the way you could with the animals. There were times I wanted to let my shield down and let you in, but it never seemed to be the right time to do so. Then you left and I knew I couldn’t…”

He stopped and looked down at the floor. Despite him not saying anything, Elizabeth could still see what he wasn’t saying. It was all in his mind. The pain he couldn’t understand when she left him to marry Kivar. The pain he now knew had been the stirrings of his love for her. How he’d felt when he found out that Kivar had tried to have her sentenced to death.

He’d been in a rage, wanting to rip Kivar apart but knew it would only hinder his reunion with her. He’d waited with baited breath for her response to his proposal, his heart nearly exploding with relief when she had accepted it.

Then to finally see her again as she returned to the woods to become his consort. The happiness that had only grown as she stayed and learned what she needed to as they planned their handfasting. Then the pride he’d felt when she had stood up to his family for him.

And finally the love he felt as she had walked to his side during the ceremony. A love that continued to grow with each moment that she remained with him. As she stared at him, she couldn’t believe he’d felt all that and had never told her.

Then he lifted his gaze to hers and she saw it all there. Felt it in his gaze and in her mind. Max had always loved her.

All this time everything she had ever needed, everything he had ever needed, had been right there. Between them.

She smiled as tears of joy sparkled in her eyes. “No more secrets,” she agreed.

His answering smile matched hers as he realized she wasn’t going to reject his gift to her.

“None.”

********************************************************************************************

Max stood in the shadows watching as Elizabeth made her way across the field towards her father’s manor. The sun was now rising in the east, making its way slowly across the sky. As she disappeared into the gardens besides the manor with the items he’d sent to her parents tucked under her arm, he knew this was going to be the longest day of his life.

He’d told her that he would spend the day patrolling the woods and doing other things to keep him busy, but as he stood there and stared at the manor he knew he’d never get anything done. So long as Elizabeth was among the humans he was going to remain rooted to the spot. It wasn’t so much her parents that made him wary, but every other human was a suspect to him.

Now that he was coming to terms about his feelings for Elizabeth and the fact that he was even capable of having feelings which should not have been possible for a fae, he knew deep down that so long as there was even a tiny speck of danger to Elizabeth he wouldn’t be able to focus on anything else other than keeping her safe. Even in the human world, feelings such as the ones he was experiencing about her weren’t considered normal but he was learning that nothing was normal about the two of them.

Ever since she had walked into his life, he hadn’t been able to think of much else but her and the day she told him she was marrying another had been the worst day of his life. Somehow he’d found the strength to let her go, but he’d been miserable. So miserable that he had found it hard to attend to the woods as was his duty.

In fact, he was certain that was part of the reason his father came hunting for him when he was set to make Elizabeth his. He’d already been sent a warning in the form of a pack of wolves a few days before Elizabeth had returned. Wolves that had been ordered to stir up trouble in the woods so that he was forced to confront them at which point the leader had given him the message from his father.

Attend his duties or die.

In the fae world it was as simple as that. Nothing was to mess up the balance of the universe and if anyone or anything stepped out of line it would be dealt with. Doing his duties had been something Max had always been good at until a certain brown-eyed human entered his life and turned it upside down.

Needless to say he hadn’t been able to heed his father’s warning because soon after that Elizabeth had contacted him to let him know she was in danger. At that point all he’d been able to focus on was saving her and finding a way to bring her back to him.

Thankfully Lady Luck was on his side since Elizabeth had agreed to become his consort. The impact hadn’t really hit home until he’d watched her approach him on the day of their handfasting. That was when he had finally admitted to himself that he was really, truly in love with her. Fae impossibilities be damned, he was in love with Elizabeth Parker and nothing was going to change that, not even a threat of death from his father and the rest of the fae.

He was glad that in the end it had worked out in their favor. Elizabeth had been accepted by the fae and Max had been allowed to have her as his consort. Obviously from the moment the Advisor had proclaimed them to be handfasted, Max had been in heaven and he’d known that anything was possible. But the best part was when he had finally admitted his true feelings to her and she had returned them wholeheartedly.

To know that she loved him just as much as he loved her was the only thing keeping him together at the moment. It was also the reason why he refused to move from that spot. Now that he had the only thing that mattered to him, he wasn’t going to let anything take her away from him ever again. He’d kill to protect her…or die trying.

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Part 32

Elizabeth smiled when she rounded the corner of the manor and saw her parents waiting for her at the bottom of the steps that led to the front doors. The moment they saw her smiles broke over their faces and Lara went flying in her direction with arms wide open.

By the time she had reached Elizabeth she was crying. “Oh my dear Elizabeth! You’re all right! Oh I have missed you so!”

Jeffery wasn’t as dramatic as Lara even though there were tears swimming in his eyes as he joined them in a hug. “It is so good to see you daughter.”

“It is good to see you too father, mother. I have missed you both too. So much!”

As a sobbing Lara continued to hug Elizabeth, Jeffery steered them towards the doors. “Come, let us adjoin to the sitting room where we may catch up to our heart’s content. Elizabeth, daughter, have you had a chance to break your fast this morning?”

Elizabeth shook her head. “No father. I was too busy preparing for this visit to do so.” She added with a smile. “Besides, I just knew you two would have a banquet waiting for me.”

Jeffery chuckled. “You know us well, daughter. You know us well.”

Once the three of them had settled into their seats in the sitting room and the servants had made sure they had plenty to eat or drink before leaving them to themselves, Elizabeth kept the conversation light by asking her parents what the two of them had been up to since she had been gone. She knew they had the entire day ahead of them and she wanted to make it as painless as possible for all of them.

She was glad when first Jeffery then Lara, who had finally stopped crying, began to make the light conversation she had hoped for. For the next few hours they talked about the changes Jeffery was trying to make around the manor in the hopes of making things run more efficiently as well as being more cost efficient. Even Lara seemed to be making her own changes.

Elizabeth was surprised to find out that Lara was now more willing to get her hands dirty rather than just letting the servants do it all. Lara had discovered that she had a green thumb, so she was tending to the gardens around the manor now. Plus, she admitted that it was a good way for her to remain calm and clear her head when she needed it.

Jeffery was rediscovering his love of breeding horses and now tended to have a hands-on approach to caring for the horses as well. He was also learning carpentry so that he could do his own mending and repairing such as on the stables that were showing their age. However, the best part was that he and Lara were now enjoying taking horseback rides in the evening as a way to spend leisurely time together.

Elizabeth couldn’t believe all that had been happening at the manor since she had last been there, but she was glad to see that life went on without her. She loved that her parents had found ways to occupy their time either on their own or with each other. Mostly, she was glad to discover that they now seemed to be living their lives rather than doing what they had once believed was expected of them.

Time seemed to pass quickly as they continued to talk about life in general before deciding to take trip to the nearby village where they mostly walked around looking at all of the wares. During the trip, Elizabeth was careful to keep herself from seeming out of the ordinary to the others around her. When she spoke, she tried not to open her mouth to wide and she made sure her hair was always covering her ears. Thankfully her nails were not too noticeable, plus her sleeves were long enough that she could hide her hands if need be.

Despite her carefulness, she was glad when her parents decided it was time to return to the manor. However, she didn’t relax completely until she was within the safety of the manor’s walls. She wasn’t the only one who breathed easier.

From his position at the edge of the woods, Max had sensed exactly when Elizabeth had left the manor and ventured into the village with her parents. Although he hadn’t followed her, he had sent pigeons to be his eyes while he remained in the woods. Still, even when she had returned to the manor he would remain tense so long as she was near any humans at all.

Once they had returned to the manor, Jeffery went to his office to take care of some business so Lara took Elizabeth to the gardens to show her what she had been doing. As they moved among the plants, Lara asked Elizabeth for any tips she could give her since she knew Elizabeth had always been good with plants. They spent a good deal of time discussing the various plants Lara had in her gardens as well as what their benefits were. Elizabeth even suggested some other plants she might want to add not only for medicinal purposes, but for edible reasons as well.

Lara was glad that she had Elizabeth to talk about those things since she wanted to help Jeffery in the effort to save their finances. She knew that the more foodstuff she planted, the less they would have to purchase when they went to the village. Elizabeth even hinted that Lara could make a profit off of her gardens if she grew good stock to sell in the village.

She was glad when Lara agreed about that since she had been a little worried that Lara would think selling produce was beneath her. However, it seemed that Lara was really starting to look at life differently than she had once before. The longer Elizabeth talked with Lara, the more she was beginning to realize Lara was no longer impressed with the snobbery of the courts. Instead, Lara seemed to be learning to take pride in her own self and what she was capable of contributing to the life she and Jeffery were making for themselves.

Not long after that, Jeffery came out to ask if they were ready for lunch so they went to clean up before eating. As Elizabeth returned inside once more, Max closed his eyes and sighed unhappily. For a brief time he’d been able to see her as she walked with her stepmother through the gardens.

Granted, he’d occasionally lose sight of her when she went into an area with large plants that obscured her from his vision or when she crouched down in the dirt with Lara, but for the most part she had been visible to him. His eyes had greedily drank in the vision of his beloved. However even the knowledge that she would be returning to him at sunset didn’t stop him from brooding once more when she went back into the manor.

Once Lara and Elizabeth had cleaned up, they retreated with Jeffery to the sitting room once more. This was another thing that told Elizabeth just how comfortable her parents were becoming with their lives. Instead of eating in the formal dining room, they sat in the sitting room eating their meal. The servants no longer stood to the side to wait on them hand-and-foot the way they once had.

Instead, the servants laid the food and drinks on a nearby table and made sure that was all they needed before leaving the three of them alone. At that point if any of them wanted something from the table, they got up and retrieved it themselves without the help of a servant. Their meals had become an informal affair, much like Elizabeth was used to with Max.

After lunch they remained in the sitting room where Elizabeth helped Lara sew some garments that needed repairs while Jeffery enthusiastically talked to them about the horses he was raising. Once the garments had been repaired, Jeffery took the women on a tour of the stables to show off his pride and joy.

Elizabeth was amazed at the work her father was doing on repairing the stables. While it was still a work in progress, one could already see the improvements not only to the building itself but to its residents, the horses. As she walked among the horses, she could tell they seemed to be quite happy and well cared for since she had that rapport with animals.

When Jeffery started talking about the care of the horses and how he was always looking for ways to improve their quality of life, Elizabeth subtly made suggestions to her father based on the information she was receiving from the horses themselves. She was trying to do so without letting on that she was actually communicating with the horses thinking she would only freak her parents out with her strange ways.

However, Jeffery knew exactly what his daughter was doing because when she gave her suggestions to him, he asked her to ask the horses if they were satisfied with everything else he had been doing for them. At first, Elizabeth had appeared stunned that her father was asking her to speak directly to the horses until he told her that she had nothing to be ashamed of since her gifts were extremely helpful for not only Lara and him, but for what they were doing for the horses and gardens as well.

It was on that note that they decided it was time to get down to the serious talk about Elizabeth’s new life and its consequences. So Elizabeth helped her father with a few more things in the stables before they returned to the sitting room where they would get down to business.

From his position at the edge of the woods, Max watched Elizabeth trek from the stables to the manor with her parents in silence. Even from that distance he could tell that things were about to get serious between the three of them. He knew they were about to talk about what Elizabeth had been doing since she had left them a week ago.

He also knew that Elizabeth was going to explain why she would never be seeing them again after today and how hard that was going to be for her to do. Using his magic, he fashioned a seat to sit upon then made himself as comfortable as possible since he wanted to be ready just in case she needed his help. She knew she could reach him with their mind connection and that he would be there to answer her even if all she needed was his emotional support. And though he knew Elizabeth was a strong spirit, his heart still went out to her for what she was about to go through.

In the sitting room Elizabeth made herself comfortable in one of the chairs that was closest to the sofa where her parents were now sitting next to each other. Awkward silence reigned for a few moments as Elizabeth tried to decide where to begin.

However, Lara’s dramatics won out as she suddenly blurted “Is it as hideous as the stories say it is?”

Elizabeth stared at the faces of her parents for a moment, taking in their looks of worry and horror. Recalling the stories told to keep children in line, she couldn’t help but realize just how wonderful Max really was. Then she recalled the day she had met Max’s parents and laughter bubbled from her lips.

Her parents looked shocked to see her laughing which only made Elizabeth laugh more. Still, she did her best get herself under control before she leaned forward to take her parents hands in hers.

She looked each of them in the eyes before she spoke with a serious tone. “Forgive me for that outburst, but let me reassure you that my consort is the farthest from hideous as one could be.”

Jeffery and Lara looked at each other before Jeffery asked, “But, to have all those demands…it must be ferocious!”

Elizabeth shook her head. “HE is not ferocious. At least not the way you think.”

Before either one of them could say anything else Elizabeth raised her hand to silence them. “Please, just let me explain.”

Finally with a nod, Jeffery pulled Lara back into the cushions and allowed Elizabeth to talk.

“I know I once told you that I was familiar with the protector of the woods. And I was right. I met him around the time you both decided it was time for me to take lessons to become a lady. All those times when I escaped to the woods…I was meeting him.

You see, before that when I went to the woods sometimes there would be injured animals for me to heal. Eventually he discovered that it was me healing the animals he protected and that made him curious to meet me.

At first he was standoffish because I was human and as a fae he was raised to be wary of humans. But eventually we became good friends and he began to teach me how to use my gifts better. Max has taught me so much since I met him and I’m still learning more every day.”

“Max?” interrupted Jeffery.

Elizabeth nodded. “His name is really Ma’kshEvanyelzan, but when I first met him I couldn’t pronounce it so I called him Max for short.”

She smiled at the wide eyes her parents had when she spoke the fae name but went on with her explanation. “I know the stories they tell of the fae and I have to say that like all myths there is always some truths to them, but Max is so much more than a story. He is ferocious when it comes to protecting that which he cares for such as the woods and now…that includes me.

But he is kind to me and he accepts me for the way that I am. Max would never try to change me or try to mold me into something I could never be. I am not wary of him the way I was of Kivar and I know he would never hurt me.”

“But he can shift into the form of animals!” muttered Lara.

Elizabeth sighed. “Yes, he can but I’ve been told that someday I might be able to do the same.”

“What!” gasped her parents.

Elizabeth nodded. “Wait, before you start panicking, you must remember that I am part fae. And since I am using magic much more frequently, I am learning to do more with it such as helping Max protect the woods.”

She shrugged. “I wish I could explain this to you in a way that you could understand but all I can say is that the fae in me is much more dominant than the human. I think that’s why my birth mother died, you see. She wasn’t allowed to use her gifts and as such she withered away. Like a flower that isn’t exposed to the things it needs to grow, it ceases to exist. The exposure I have to magic and the woods allows me to become what I really am.”

Once more she leaned in to take their hands. “I know this is all hard for you both and you don’t understand why things must be the way they are, but you must believe that I know what I’m doing.”

She paused for a moment to gather her courage before going on. “I want you both to know that I am grateful for the life and the love you have given me all these years as your only daughter. And you need to know that no matter what, for as long as I live, I will always love you both and keep you in my heart.

Max and I will always make sure that the both of you will have what you need to live a full life. You will never go hungry and you will never lose your home. I want you both to live life as you see fit and don’t worry about me. You have to know that I’m the happiest I’ve ever been where I am now.

Please understand that at least. Know that as long as I am with Max I will be happy. I will always be happy even though I will miss you both.”

Jeffery shook his head. “How can you be happy with something like that. I can only imagine the things…”

“Father please!” Elizabeth interjected. “I know it’s hard for you to get it, but it’s the truth! It’s not as bad as you imagine it to be. Don’t you see? Max isn’t just my friend, he’s my husband!”

“That doesn’t mean…”

“I love him father!” came her immediate answer.

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Part 33

Silence followed her declaration.

Elizabeth looked from Lara to her father before she spoke again in a calmer voice. “I love Max and he loves me. Don’t you see, we were meant to be together. We were always meant to be together.”

Jeffery stared at his daughter. “I…I don’t understand.”

She sighed. “I know you don’t. But what if I told you that when Max is in his true form he looks like a human male? What if I told you that you’ve met him before but didn’t even know. For all you knew, Max could have been pretending to be a man named Sir Elwyn.”

“Was he?”

She shook her head. “No, he was actually posing as one of the Royal Court delegates, but that was to make sure no harm came to me. Still, I wish you would just believe me when I say that I am in love with Max and he is not repulsive like the stories claim.”

Jeffery just looked at her for a few moments. “He was there?”

“Yes.”

“Did you know then?”

“No, I didn’t realize it until much later and Max confirmed it for me.”

Jeffery let that sink in and closed his eyes as he realized why Max had been there. “He was protecting you.”

Elizabeth smiled. “Yes.”

When he looked at her again, Elizabeth gave him a pleading look. “Max will always protect me, daddy. He will always be there for me.”

Tears gathered in Jeffery’s eyes as he realized that this time his daughter was really leaving. She had grown up and found her place in the world.

And she was happy.

He could tell she was truly happy and begging him with her eyes to accept the fact that she no longer needed him to take care of her. His baby girl had grown up and found someone who would love her and care for her just as much, if not more than he ever had.

He wiped his face with the back of his hand before nodding firmly. “Good. I’m glad that I won’t have to worry about your well-being. But if he ever lets any harm come to you…”

Elizabeth grinned. “I’ll be sure to let him know you’ll have his hide.”

Lara gaped as Jeffery returned his daughter’s grin. “How can you joke at a time like this Jeffery! That thing won’t let you ever see your daughter again!”

Elizabeth sighed. “There’s actually a very good explanation for that.”

“What explanation could there possibly be!” exclaimed Lara.

Elizabeth looked over her shoulder at the items she had placed on a table when she had first arrived in the sitting room that morning. She stood up and went to get them as she answered Lara.

“First let me explain to you how these things will help you live a comfortable life. It may help you understand why things must be the way they will be.”

Lara started to protest, but Jeffery waved her down. “Let’s give her a chance, Lara. After all, she knows much more than we do about these things and since our eyes can see that Elizabeth is in good spirits and good health I’m willing to believe this fae is as trustworthy as she says he is.”

Elizabeth gave her father a grateful smile as well as noting that he had started calling Max ‘he’ rather than ‘it’. That was certainly an improvement in her book. She retrieved the items and moved to sit on the floor in front of her parents.

Jeffery and Lara looked down to see her place a silk covered bowl on the floor in front of her. Elizabeth picked up the silk wrap and held it up for them to see.

“This wrap is made from the silk worms who are friends of Max’s family. Dyed red to represent the heart that beats within and the blood that flows through your body it is meant to be used as a healing agent. You simply cover the injured part and moments later it will be healed. But be warned. Only that which is not natural can be healed. Cuts or broken bones. If it is something such as old age, something that is supposed to happen naturally, it cannot be healed. Do you understand?”

It took a few moments before both Jeffery and Lara nodded because their focus had been elsewhere. While Elizabeth had been speaking to them, they had started to notice something different about her but they couldn’t quite place it yet.

When they nodded, Elizabeth set the wrap aside and took the scroll that was inside the bowl. Holding it up, she spoke once more.

“This scroll is made from the bark of an oak tree which represents the strength of words. Should there be any legal matters you wish to resolve or any that you need to fall in your favor, simply write the main parts of that matter on this scroll. If the words disappear, your legal matter will be done. Again, be warned. What you ask for must be something that is within reason. Should it be for a selfish personal gain or something that would cause harm, the words will not disappear. Understand?”

Again they nodded and this time Jeffery noticed the hand that held the scroll. His eyes widened for a moment as the sharpness of her nails registered, but he quickly hid it from the women.

Elizabeth set the scroll aside and picked up the last item from inside the bowl. She held up a silver necklace with links that formed a chain.

“This necklace is made of silver and formed into chain links to represent the fellowship of the fae. Should you ever require help that none of these other items can provide, you simply put the necklace on and a fae will appear to you. Whoever appears shall see this necklace and know that you are a fellow friend in need and will help without fail. However, you must understand that it may never be the same fae who appears each time you summon and it will most definitely not be Max or me. As with the other items, what you ask for must be within reason for the necklace will not summon a fae if what you need is deceitful.”

At their nods, Elizabeth set the necklace aside and picked up the earthen bowl. This time she set it on her father’s lap before looking up at them.

“This bowl is made of the earth which represents that which all things are created and to which all will return someday. Just as the this bowl is of the earth, so is the metal which human money is made of. When you have need of financial help, put your hand inside and the amount you need will appear.”

She put her hand inside the bowl and a handful of coins appeared in the bowl. Lara gasped as Elizabeth took a coin and set it in Jeffery’s palm.

“You can see that this is real coin and not something that will disappear when the transaction is complete. Therefore you will not be in trouble with the law. However, be aware that coins will only appear when your financial need is real and not for simple greed.”

With that, she took the coin back from her father and set it back into the bowl with the others. Holding her hands over the bowl she whispered, “Return to whence you came.”

When the coins disappeared, both Jeffery and Lara gasped. Elizabeth picked up the other items and put them back in the bowl which remained on Jeffery’s lap. Then she returned to her seat in the chair and tucked her hair behind her ears.

“Oh my!” came Lara’s whispered reaction.

Jeffery simply sat and stared in shock.

Elizabeth remained quiet for a few moments letting them take in the signs of her differences. When she felt they were ready, she spoke once more.

“I implore you both for your sakes to guard those gifts well. Let no one else but yourselves have access to those things. They will work only for the two of you, but should anyone else find out that you have them, they may stop at nothing to get them. I do not want anything to happen to either of you simply because of someone’s greed or fear.”

She went quiet again and remained that way until Jeffery spoke up. Swallowing, he acknowledged what he now saw.

“You are changing.”

Elizabeth nodded. “Yes, it is the magic in me.”

Lara’s eyes widened even more as she whispered. “The magic?”

Elizabeth looked at her father and he saw the tears that shone in her eyes. “We believe my mother was a full fae raised by humans, whether by accident or on purpose we will never know. In any case, her blood runs through me. And even though I am also half human, the fact that I am the consort of the protector of the woods which I help to protect with the magic that surrounds me makes me less human.

I think you can understand that everyone learns to adapt to their surroundings whatever they may be. It is the same for me. The fae blood in me has responded to my new surroundings and in turn is adapting my body to fit it.”

Jeffery closed his eyes. “That’s why you can never return. Because you will not look the same.”

Lara looked at Jeffery before she turned wide eyes on Elizabeth. “Will we not be able to recognize our own daughter?”

Elizabeth reached up to wipe a tear that slid down her cheek. “You will recognize me always, but the differences will become quite noticeable in time. Too noticeable to risk being seen by any humans who fear the fae. My differences will also begin to make you both uncomfortable. And it will…affect my emotions too.”

“I don’t…”

Elizabeth shook her head to stop her father from continuing. “The fae are similar to humans in looks, but there are differences. But it is not all about looks per se. You see, the fae are like the trees of the world. They remain here long after a human lifetime has passed.”

She paused and swallowed before whispering, “And I have become like the trees too.”

It was Jeffery who got it before Lara did. As she looked at Elizabeth in confusion, Jeffery said, “You will not grow old.”

Lara gasped even though Elizabeth shook her head. “I will grow old, just not at the same rate as a human would. Magic not only changes me, it also sustains me. So long as I use it, my growth will be slow. But I am not immortal. Someday it will be my time to leave this world and when that time comes I will have done my part to keep the balance the world needs. It will be time for me to pass that duty on to someone else.”

As the tears began to fall freely, she let out all the rest. “I cannot ever see you again because it’s safer for all of us. Fearful humans would try to harm me. You could be caught in the crossfire and I love you too much to let that happen. Visiting will only make me sadder since it will only remind us all that I will be in this world much, much longer than any human ever was. It is better for all of our sakes that I say my goodbyes today and retreat to the only place that is safe for me now.”

She looked up at her father as she pleaded. “Please daddy. Please say that you understand.”

Jeffery nodded with conviction even though there were tears in his eyes. “I understand Elizabeth.”

Lara sobbed as she shook her head. “No Jeffery!”

He reached out and took her hand in his. “Lara, our daughter has found her place now. She has a husband who loves her and a new family to care for. It is time that we let her go live the life she was meant to live as a grown woman. Don’t you see? Elizabeth is right, it is not all that different than it would have been had she been betrothed to someone we would have normally negotiated with.”

Lara still tried to deny what he was saying but in the end she knew it was true. Elizabeth was simply going off to live with her husband and the new family they would make, just like it was always supposed to happen.

Finally accepting that, she rose from the sofa with open arms and Elizabeth rose to meet her. Soon all three of them were hugging and crying as they began to say their farewells. Then as sunset arrived, Elizabeth led her parents out of the manor.

Together they walked past the gardens and through the field towards the woods. When Elizabeth stopped just a few yards away from the edge of the woods, her parents followed suit.

Elizabeth glanced at the woods for a moment before she turned back to smile at her parents. “Mother, father I’d like you to meet my husband, Max.”

With that she motioned to the woods and they turned to look just in time to see who she was talking about. From the moment they laid eyes on him they understood just what Elizabeth had been trying to explain to them all along.

Max was human, yet not.

He was clearly a male who was taller than most average men, with broad shoulders and had a sword fighters graceful build. He wore his long black hair tied back away from his face and walked upright on two legs with a confidence similar to most noble born.

But that’s where the human similarities seemed to end. They could see the pointed ears and long, sharp nails on his hands. His features were too perfect for a human being and his eyes were a golden color which seemed to glow when he looked at Elizabeth. When she moved to his side and introduced him to them, they noticed not only the sharp teeth but the musical quality of his voice as he spoke.

“It is an honor to meet you Lord and Lady Parker. Elizabeth has told me so much about you both,” he said with a bow of respect to them both.

Jeffery was the first to get over his shock at meeting a real fae. He was impressed with the way Max seemed to adapt to the human custom of greeting. However, what did it completely for Jeffery was the way Max looked at his only daughter as he slipped an arm around her waist.

As if she were his entire world.

With that one look, Jeffery knew he would never have to worry about his daughter’s happiness. That look told him that Max would take even better care of Elizabeth than he had ever been capable of doing.

Holding his hand out, Jeffery greeted Max. “It’s an honor to meet you too Max. I’m glad that my daughter has found happiness with you and I want to thank you for everything that you’ve done for all of us.”

Max shook Jeffery’s hand without removing his arm from around Elizabeth.

“It was no problem, sir. Besides, she is worth the effort.” Max said the last as he smiled down at Elizabeth.

Jeffery grinned at that admission before gesturing to Lara to say something. She stopped gaping at Max before swallowing.

Unable to help it, her greeting came out in a stutter. “H-hello M-Max. N-nice to m-meet you.”

To his credit, Max ignored her stutter and took her hand in his while still retaining his arm around his beloved. Leaning over Lara’s hand, he kissed the back of it like a gentleman before letting it go and speaking.

“Truly an honor, Lady Parker.”

That succeeded in making Lara blush.

Max turned to Elizabeth and leaned towards her. “I’m returning to the woods. You deserve a little privacy to say goodbye.”

With that he placed a chaste kiss on her temple before bowing to the Parkers again. “Farewell, Lord and Lady Parker. May your lives be long and happy.”

Lara simply stared as Jeffery bowed and said goodbye to him.

When he had disappeared into the woods, Elizabeth turned to them with a sad smile. But before she could speak, Jeffery said his piece.

“I like him. I’m glad you found him Elizabeth.”

Her smile widened as she threw herself into her father’s arms. “Oh daddy! Thank you!”

He returned her hug with everything he had. “I shall miss you, my daughter. But at least I will always know that you are happy.”

He swallowed past the lump in his throat. “What more can a father ask for?”

Elizabeth hugged him hard and spoke through her tears. “I love you daddy! And I will miss you too. So much!”

They continued to hug as Lara stood nearby sobbing again. Jeffery reached out and pulled her in until the three of them were hugging and crying together. They remained that way until Elizabeth finally pulled away from them slowly.

She wiped her eyes as she spoke to them. “I should go now. Max is waiting for me.”

Jeffery nodded. “Yes, it’s time that we headed back to the manor before it gets too dark to see.”

He wrapped his arm around Lara’s shoulder and began to lead her back to the manor. He stopped long enough to look at his daughter one last time.

“Goodbye Elizabeth. Take care of yourself.”

She smiled. “Bye daddy. You too.”

She stood and watched them walk away. As they reached the beginning of the gardens she whispered. “I will always love you both.”

Her whisper was carried on the wind to their ears, making them both turn in the direction of the woods.

And even though it was now too dark to see much, Jeffery could have sworn he saw the shape of a woman making her way towards the woods where an even darker shape that resembled that of a lion waited in silence.

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Epilogue

“And that my dears, is the story of the Healer and the Fae,” said the elderly lady as she sat back against the pillows on the worn sofa.

On the floor near her feet sat five children that ranged in age from twelve to four. It was a few moments that they sat in silence after she finished her tale as if they were trying to absorb everything she had told them.

It was the youngest, a girl, who spoke first. “Have you ever seen a fae, grandma?”

The old lady shook her head. “No little one. I don’t think there’s anyone around for miles who has ever seen a fae.”

“That’s because they’re not real!” muttered one of the boys who then got his ear cuffed by one of the older boys for his trouble.

“Well, I cannot say for sure since I have not ever seen one. But there are those who believe. After all, the myth had to start somewhere. Don’t you think?” asked the grandmother.

“I believe!” exclaimed the youngest girl as she got to her feet and began jumping up and down in earnest.

The other children got to their feet as they joined in the excitement until the grandmother interceded.

“There, there children. I think it’s time for you all to head home. Come along, you all mind yourselves and listen to Martin and Arielle. Don’t you go giving them any trouble, understand.” She warned as she held the door open for them.

“Yes, grandma,” they all replied as the two eldest children, Martin and Arielle took their hands and led them out of the small cottage. They all waved to the old lady before walking down the path towards the village which was only a few yards away. The cottage itself was on the outskirts of the bustling village.

A village that had the ruins of a manor for a backdrop.

It had been nearly a century since the manor had been habitable and since that time the village had grown larger. So large that it now seemed as if the houses were baby chicks flocking around their mother, the manor. And despite the manor house being a ruin, the gardens around it had managed to flourish through the care of various people in the village. Those gardens, like the horse stables that had expanded over time, had become a cherished landmark to both travelers and villagers alike.

As the children passed besides one of the gardens, one of them noticed a monarch butterfly fluttering in the fading light. It landed on a gravestone at the base of the garden which the child pointed out to the others.

“Look! It says Lord Jeffery Parker!”

Before Martin and Arielle could get them to continue towards the village, they were all headed to the gravestone. Those that could read noticed the rest of the gravestones next to the first one.

Lady Lara Parker.

Lady Nancy Parker.

Lady Elizabeth Parker.

One of the girls frowned. “But I thought grandma said Lady Elizabeth Parker went to the woods to become a fae.”

“She did,” replied Martin.

“Then how come that has her name? I thought she didn’t was an im…an im…”

“An immortal,” finished Arielle. “Grandma said that the fae weren’t immortal like we think. They live longer than us, but they still die eventually.”

“Yeah,” added Martin. “But I’ve heard some people in the village say the grave is empty.”

Some of the children began to back away as one of them stuttered. “E-empty?”

Martin grinned as he and Arielle led the group back onto the path towards the village. “Yep. It’s empty ‘cause she’s still alive in the woods somewhere. She’s a fae after all. Her family just put the grave there as a sign of respect, you know.”

“Ooooh!” came a chorus of awed voices.

Their voices soon turned to innocent chatter and as they entered the village laughter soon followed. That laughter floated on the wind while Martin and Arielle dropped two of the children off at their home before they walked with their youngest brother to their own home.

As they went inside, the remains of the laughter floated to the edge of the woods which had grown just as the village had. In the shadows of the encroaching night, a lion and a lioness could be seen peering through the foliage towards the darkening village. Only the night was witness to this sight as all of the villagers seemed to be within their homes for the night.

A pair of golden eyes twinkled in the darkness, next to a pair of glowing silver ones before the lions turned around to head into deeper woods. As the lions faded into the foliage, their images seemed to shimmer, melting into the ground as two other shapes seemed to grow out of them.

Soon, the shapes solidified into a man and a woman holding hands. A man with long black hair, pointed ears and perfect fae features. The woman who walked beside him had long brown hair, pointed ears and features just as perfect as his were.

The man turned to his companion and smiled. “They still believe,” he whispered.

His companion turned to him with a smile of her own. “That is why our magic still exists,” she whispered back.

“I should have known better than to doubt your faith in them.”

“Hmm,” was her only reply.

“At least my love for you has never wavered!” he grinned.

In a very human-like way, his companion rolled her eyes even as she smiled at him before they disappeared into the woods together.

Only the faint sound of her voice remained behind.

“I love you too, Max.”

THE END
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics