Romancing The Heart{CC,AU,Mature}The End 3/7

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Authors Note pg13 11/1

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Chapter 22:
Maria walked into the living room and sat next to Liz. Maria and Liz turned and looked at each other.

"Where were you lst night?" Maria asked.

"Toney had me stay the night at his house," Liz said

"Where did you sleep? Where did Toney sleep?" Maria asked.

"I slept in a room and I guess Toney slept somewhere eles," Liz said.

"Wow that was nice of him," Maria said.

"Yeah it was. And then someone called me a slut," Liz said.

"What?" Who would call you a slut?" Maria asked.

"Max called me a slut," Liz said.

"Why would Max call you slut?" Maria asked.

"We found Liz in bed with nothing on is all," Max said.

"Oh. But that still doesn't mean you can cal her a slut," Maria asked.

"Sorry Liz. But Never mind," Max said

Liz stood up and walked away from Max. Liz walked into the kitchen and went to the fridge. She grabbed a can of Pepsi. When she turned that is when he saw Max standing infront of her.

"What?" Liz asked.

"Liz I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you a slut," Max said.

"What did you mean by Never mind?" Liz asked.

"All I was trying to say was I'm sorry I thought you and Toney slept together," Max said.

"Not that it is any of your buisness but no we have not slept together.We're waiting," Liz said.

"Oh I didn't know that. I guess that is um good too," Max said.

"Are you serious or joking with me?" Liz asked.

"I'm serious Liz," Max said.

"You better be," Liz said.

"What was the kiss at the car about?" Max asked.

"See my father wants me to stay away from you and Michael. So I thought if I kissed you he would take that as a no," Liz said.

"Do you think he would?" Max asked.

"Yes. And also means he will be keeping an eye on you, Toney and Michael. By the way I'm sorry about that," Liz said.

"Liz don't worry about it. I think we know how to handle your father and his men," Max said.

"Lets hope so. Because my father and his men are strong and mean," Liz said.

"Liz how do you know that your fathers men are strong and mean?" Max asked.

"Max I don't want to talk about it. So lets drop it," Liz said.

"Fine but one of these days you are going to tell me," Max said.

"Maybe I will and Maybe I won't. It is my desion to make," Liz said.

"Fine. But you know we will be looking out for you and aria also," Max said.

"I know. Where did Toney go anyway?" Liz asked.

"He had to take care of something. He should be back soon," Max said.

"That is good. Why do you seem to get mad at me for no reason?" Liz asked.

"Liz just want to make sure you are safe. And somehow when we talked we get into an arguemnet," Max said.

"And let me guess we got to stop argueing and try to get along with each other right?"Liz asked.

Yeah, that is true. But we have to make sure that we can talk without argueing," Max said.

"We better go back to the living room. Later me and you need to talk in private," Liz said.

"Ok. But what do we need to talk about?" Max asked.

"I'll tell you later. Now come on," Liz said as she dragged Max out of the kitchen.

When Max and Liz walked into the living room they saw ichael nd Maria kissing. Max and Liz turned and looked at each other then turned and looked at Michael and Maria.

"Hey" Max yelled

Michael and Maria pulled away and looked at Max and Liz.

"Maria can you please go change?" Liz asked.

"What? Oh um ok. Be back in a second," Maria said before walking out of the living room.

Liz turned and looked at Michael. Michael looked at Liz and saw she was mad.

"What?"Michael asked.

"Michael there are somethings you should know," Liz said.

"What things?" Michael asked

"Your Maria's first cruch, boyfriend and everything. You both need to take it slow if you know what I mean," Liz said.

"What you mean she is a?' Michael asked.

"Yes. So you need to take it easy and slow. Don't hurt her or you'll be sorry," Liz said.

"Gee I din't know she was. Liz I promise I will take it slow and try not to hurt her ok," Michael said.

"Michael I trust you. I'm just worried about Maria," Liz said.

"Don't worry so much ok," Michael said.

"Ok. I'll try. Maria is like a sister to me," Liz said.

"That is understand able,"Michael said.

Liz and Max turned and looked at each other. Then turned away from each other. Michael watched how Max and Liz were acting towards each other.

"What is going on here?" Michael asked.

"Nothing I just have to talk to Max in private later," Liz said.

"What do you have to tell him?" Michael asked.

"Don't worry it is nothing bad," Liz aid.

"Are you both sure you can be a lone after the yelling that happen this morning," Michael asked.

"Yes we're sure we can," Max and Liz said at the same time.

Maria walked down stairs at that moment. She walked into the living room and sat down to Michael.

"What is going on?" Maria asked.

"Oh Nothing we are just talking and waiting for you to come back," ichael said.

"Oh, That is so sweet," Maria said.

"Yeah, thats sweet," Liz said.

"Liz are you sure your ok?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a little tired is all," Liz said.

"Liz you need to get some sleep. You know how you are if you don't," aria said.

"I know. Thank god I don't have to work til Tuesday," Liz said.

"Yeah, that is true you got 3 days off," Liz said.

"Maria what about you?" Liz asked.

"I'm off Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. I work rest of this week," Maria said.

"We need to list the days we're off and when we work. So that way we know," Liz said.

"Yeah and plus if we need to protect you we can do that without trying to figure out where you are," Michael said.

"Gee you know how to be a asshole," Liz said.

"Ok.But we are doing this the way we want to," Maria said,.

"You know I have a bad feeling about this," Max said.

"Gee Max isn't that the first for you," Liz said.

"Shut up. nd let us know what your both up to?" Max said.

"Fine. Max takes Liz to work. Michael takes me to work. You stay there while we are working and on breaks. After work we go home one guy stays in the house while the other guy stays out in the car," Maria said.

"And if we have dates a guy follows and a guy stays home with one of us. Can you guys handle that?" Liz asked.

"Yes we can handle that," Max and Michael said.

"Good we got that settle," Liz said.

"Yeah, I guess we did," Michael said.

"Max can I talk to you alone?" Liz asked.

"Um yeah," Max said.

Max and Liz walked out of the living room and out the front door. Max and Liz both turned and looked at each other.

"What do you need to talk about?" Max asked.

"Max I want to let you know Toney is the first guy I ever dated," Liz said.

"Your like Maria? Your a virin?" Max asked.

"Yes I am. But I know how to fight back," Liz said.

"Oh, well that is good," Max said.

"What is good about it Max?" Liz asked.

"It's good that you know how to fight. And that your pure. That also means that a guy has to ask or you give it to them," Max said.

"We'll Max who knows if I will," Liz said.

"Liz you know you will," Max said.

"Max shut up. ome on we need to check on Maria and Michael," Liz said.

Max and Liz walked into the house and into the living room. When they walked in they saw Michael and Maria looking at each other. Michael and Maria turned and saw Max and Liz looking at them.

L-J-L 76
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Authors Note pg13 11/12

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Chapter 23:
"So everything ok right now?" Liz asked.

"Yeah, Everything is good," Maria said.

"Great. What are going to do now?" Michael asked.

"Why don't we relax and try to watch a movie," Max said.

"ok. Max come on we'll go pick a movie," Liz said as he pulled Max with her.

Max and Liz walked into the other room and picked movies. Liz picked the propsal and Ugly Truth. While Max picked Brave heart and The Skinwalkers. After they picked the movies Max an Liz walked into the living room and sat on the the loveseat. Michael and Maria sat on the couch. Max stood up and walked to the DVD player and put in the Propsal. Max pushed play and then sat down next to Liz. Liz turned off the lights as the movie began to play. As the movie begin the play Michael and Maria began to move a little closer. Liz and Max were at both ends of the love seat.Max and Liz both turned and wtched the movie and watched Maria and Michael. After the movie Propsal was over Liz stood up and walked up to the DVD player and took the DVD out. Liz put Brave Heart DVD in the DVD player. After Liz put in the DVD Liz walked out of the living and out the door. A few minutes later Max walked up to Liz and stood beside her. Liz and Max turned and looked at each other. Then they turned away from each other.

"You better not tell Toney about me being a virgin," Liz said.

"I won't tell him," Max said.

"Good" Liz said.

"Liz what is the deal with your father?" Max asked.

"Nothing. He just wants to make sure Me and Maria are protected," Liz said.

"Do you want to know what I think?" Max asked.

"What do you think?"Liz asked.

"I think it is more then your father being protected. Something is weird going on with your father," Max said.

"Max you know nothing about my father, me and Maria. Like we know nothing about you, Toney and Michael. So til we do know more nothing can be said," Liz said.

"Yeah, that is true. So when is your next date with Toney?" Max asked.

"I think tomorrow. Are you and Michael going to be there? Liz asked.

"Yeah we'll be there. So don't act surprised," Max said.

"We'll have to wait and see if I will be surprised or not," Liz said.

"Yeah, that is true. Question those cars that re following us. You said that their your dads men. Are they good or bad people?" Max asked.

"My father thinks they are good men. Me and Maria think they are pain in the butts," Liz said.

"Now I guess that is weird," Max said.

"Yeah, I know. But you never know with my dad," Liz said.

"Do you think that Michael and Maria will go out on a date soon?" Max asked.

"I hope so. But you never know since you and Michael work longer then Maria and I do," Liz said.

"Yeah, that is true. God I can't believe tomorrow will your 3rd date with Toney," Max said.

"Ok. Here is a question why do you care how many dates me and Toney have? What is going on?" Liz asked.

"Because your surprised but the way it seems to be going. Nothing is going on," Max said.

"Max I want the truth right now. Why do you even care what I do and where I go?" Liz asked.

"Because I just do," Max said.

"Because what? Just tell me damn it," Liz said.

"I'm outta here," Max said.

"That is your answer for everything. you just walk away. Why can't you answer my question," Liz asked.

Max walked towards the house nd walked in. Liz walked in the house after Max.Liz grabbed Max's arm and turn him to face her.

"Max just tell me," Liz said.

"I have nothing to say," Max said.

"Yeah, right. Since my first date with Toney you have been acting weird. Even though you were a cross from me. And when we are at his house. What is your deal?"Liz asked.

"Nothing,"Max said.

"I don't believe you," Liz said.

What Liz and Max didn't know was Michael and Maria were standing in the doorway watching Max and Liz arguing.

"Well that is the damn truth. So live with it," Max said.

"There is more to it. And I want to know what it is," Liz said.

"There is nothing more. Why can't you stop figuring things out?"Max asked.

"And why can't you tell anyone the truth?" Liz asked.

"Is that what you think?" Max asked.

"Yes. And what are you and Michael have secrets," Liz said.

"Oh, And you don't. You and Maria got secrets doo," Max said.

"Yeah, so what we hve secrets. We don't know who we can trust. It seems no one can find people to trust," Liz said.

"Is that what you think? No one can find people to trust with their secrets?" Max asked.

"Yes," Liz said.

"Liz .... You can trust me and Michael. We won't hurt you," Max said.

"That is the thing. Maria can trust Michael. But I don't know if I can or will trust you. Can you please leave?" Liz asked.

"What?" Max asked.

"Will you please leave? We have nothing left to say to each other. So leave?" Liz said.

"Liz wait a minute," Max said.

"No unless we can talk to each other and trust each other. We have nothing to say to each other," Liz said.

"Liz?" Max asked.

"Bye," Liz said as she pushed Max out the door.

After Max was pushed out the door. Liz locked the door and turned. When Liz turned she saw Michael and Maria looking at her.

"What is going on between you and Max?" Michael asked.

"Michael whatever is going on between me and Max is our buisness," Liz said.

"Liz talk to me. Tell me what is going on?" Michael asked.

"Michael since my first date with Toney Max has been acting weird. I know you both have to be around Toney but since when your around Max acts more and more like a jerk. And I can't figure out why," Liz said.

"Liz Max is just trying to figure out how to be your friend without Toney wanting to hurt him," Michael said.

"I can understand that. But I can't be around when he is acting this way," Liz said.

"I know," Michael said.

"Wait a minute. What did you mean by when they are with Toney?" Maria asked.

"Um, Oh god," Liz said as she looked at Michael.

Michael lloked at Liz then turned and looked at Maria.

"Maria there is something you should know," Michael said.

"Oh, yeah and what is that?" Maria asked.

"Um me and Max work for Toney. Liz's boyfriend. When ever they go were there with them,"Michael said.

"Wait you and Max are there when Liz goes out with Toney?" Maria asked.

"Yes," Michael said.

"Why?" Maria asked

"We are just trying to um protect Toney is all," Michael said.

"So your body gaurds?" Liz asked.

"Yeah sort of. Um it's hard to explain," Michael said.

"What is hard to explain. You and Max are sort of gaurds that are on Liz and Toney's date. Can I have the truth what you do?" Maria asked.

"Um I can't talk about it," Michael said.

"Then get out. When you tell me the truth is when you will come back. Now get out," Maria said as she pushed Michael out the door.

After Michael was out the door Liz and Maria cleaned the living room then went to their bed rooms.

In The Morning:
Liz walked down the stairs and walked into the kitcheen. When Liz walked into the kitchen she saw Maria wearing hip hugger jeans and a white tank top. Maria looked up and saw Liz wearing black knee length skirt with ablack tank top. Liz and Maria smiled and drinked their coffees. After they drank their coffee they grabbed their things andwalked out the door. Liz and Maria got into Maria's car and drove off. Maria dropped Liz off at work. Then she went to work. Liz walked into restrant and went to the bar. Liz ordered a drink. A few minutes later Liz finished her drink and started her to to the tables.

It was lunch time when Liz looked up and saw Max and Michael walking in. They sat where they could talk to Liz.Liz walked up to their table. Max, Liz and Michael all looked at each other.

"What would you like to order?" Liz asked.

"Liz can we talk to you for a few minutes please?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, sure. What do you want to talk about?" Liz asked.

"How mad is Maria at me?" Michael asked.

"She is really mad. Michael let Maria calm down. Send her flowers," Liz said.

"Are you still mad at me?" Max asked.

"What do you think?' Liz asked.

"Liz what did I do to you that made you mad?" Max asked.

"Max you don't get it. I want to know what the hell is going on. What secrets are you, Toney and Michael are keeping from me and Maria," Liz said.

"Liz we can't tell you. All we can say is that it is sometimes dangerous," Michael said.

"Well I guess you both are not welcome to our house. Stay away," Liz said.

"What about your date with Toney tonight?" Max asked.

L-J-L 76
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 23 pg14 11/16

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Chapter 24:
"That is none of your buisness; And as for you Michael, you will be outside in your car," Liz said.

Liz was about to walk away when Max grabbed her arm. Liz pulled her arm away and turned to Max. They both looked at each other.

"Liz we're sorry. Can't you forgive us?" Max asked.

"Max it will take a while to fogive you. Maria I don't know about," Liz said.

"Liz!" Eric yelled.

"Here hold this and keep it with you. Never let it leave your side," Eric said as he handed her a medium size envelope.

"What is this?" Liz asked.

"Just keep it safe for me," Eric said.

"Eric what the hell is going on?" Liz asked.

"Liz there has been trouble. I need you to hold this," Eric said.

"What kind of trouble? Eric please tell me?" Liz asked.

"Come to the office and I'll tell you," Eric said.

Eric and Liz walked into the office. Eric shut the door and turned and looked at Liz.

"What is going on?" Liz asked.

"There is a person. He is robbing everyone. He is trying to take everything and everyone away from Toney," Eric said.

"What the hell is Toney?" Liz asked.

"Liz. Toney is a mob boss. Toney tries to help Business people. This person is new. He wants everything Toney wants, has and can get," Eric said.

"You mean ... Are you serious that Toney is a mob boss? What about the new person?" Liz asked.

"Yes to all of your questions," Eric said.

"Who are Max and Michael?" Liz asked.

"They're Toneys go to guys,"Eric said.

"Where is your girlfriend and the baby?" Liz asked.

"They're outside of town waiting for me. I have to leave now," Eric said.

Liz and Eric walked out of the office and down the hall. Liz walked Eric to the door. Eric turned towards Liz and paused looking at her.

"Liz be safe," Eric said.

"Eric?" Liz said making him stop.

Eric turned back towards Liz and as Eric did so a drive-by shooting shot him. Eric and Liz fell to the ground.

Max and Michael pulled their guns out and started shooting at the car. After the car was gone Max ran back to Liz and Eric. Max checked for a pulse on Eric and new he was dead. Max turned and leaned next to Liz.

"Liz wake up," Max said.

Liz turned and looked at Max.

"What happened?" Liz asked.

"Eric was shot and he fell on you. How do you feel?" Max asked.

"My arm hurts," Liz said.

Max pulled Eric off Liz and saw that she was covered in blood. Max checked Liz and found that she had not been shot. She was ok.

"Come on we have to get you out of here," Max said. as he stood up.

Max put his hand out ofr Liz. Liz put her hand in Max's hand. Max pulled Liz up. They both looked at each other. Max and Liz both turned and looked at Michael. Michael looked at Liz and Max.

Liz are you ok?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Is Eric dead?" Liz asked.

"Yeah, he's dead. We have to get you out of here and call Toney," Michael said.

"Oh god. What are we going to do with him?What are we going to tell his girlfriend?" Liz asked.

"Liz don't worry about it. We'll handle it. Now come on we need to leave now," Max said.

Liz walked away from Max and walked up to the bar. Liz grabbed the envelope and turned and walked up to Max and Michael.

Maxand Michael looked around for a few moments then took Liz to the car. They all got into the car and Liz was still shaken by what happened. When Michael started the car Liz's cell phone began to ring. She reached into her purse and pulled her cell phone out. Liz put her cell phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Liz asked.

"Liz. It's me Maria. Are you on your way home?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, Where are you? Are you at home?" Liz asked.

"Yeah, I'm home. Liz are you ok?" Maria asked

"Maria you need to stay where you are. Make sure everything is locked up," Liz said.

"Liz what is going on?" Maria asked frantically.

"Maria I'll tell you when I get there," Liz said.

"We? How far are you from home?" Maria asked.

"We're about 10 minutes away from the house. Maria don't move, stay in the house no matter what," Liz said.

"Ok. I'll stay in the house. Just hurry up," Maria said.

"We just turned on the street now. Don't worry," Liz said.

Michael and Max kept looking around them. They didn't know what was going on and who it was doing this. But they knew they had to tell Toney.

When they parked the car in the driveway they got out of their car. Liz turned and saw a black van 4 houses down from them. Max and Michael turned and looked at Liz, when they notice she was looking down the street.

"Liz come on we need to get you inside," Max said.

Liz turned and looked at Max. Max saw that Liz was scared. Max, Liz and Michael walked tto the house. They walked in and they were surprised.

"Maria put the gun down. It's me Liz," Liz said.

Maria put the gun down and ran to Liz. Liz and Maria hugged. While they were hugging Liz took the gun away from Maria. Liz looked form Maria to the gun.

"Where did you get the gun from?" Liz asked.

"Al gave me the gun," Maria said.

"What?" Liz asked.

"Liz calm down I know how to shoot a gun just like you do,"Maria said.

"Exuess me," Max and Michael said.

"Maria, oh god," Liz said.

"Hello what are you girls doing with guns?" Max asked with wide eyes.

"Max we had to protect ourselves. ok. They are for protection," Liz said.

"what is going on? And why is your shirt covered in blood?" Maria asked.

Liz turned and looked at Max and Michael then turned and looked at Maria.

"What?" Maria asked.

"The club where I work... um Eric was leaving when a car came by and dhot him. He fell back on top of me. We both fell to the ground," Liz said.

"Is Eric dead? where are his girlfriend and the bay?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, um...Eric is dead. His girlfriend and bay are at a hotel outside of town," Liz said.

"Oh god Liz, are you ok?" Maria said.

I'm fine. I just shocked that Eric is dead. And I god..."Liz said

Is there something eles I should know?" Maria asked.

"Um...yeah.... we got a black van 4 houses down from us. And I think you know who is watching," Liz said.

"Yeah, Mr. Parker trying to find out what is going on and where the hell we are," Maria said.

"I know my dad. He is trying to know what were doing," Liz said.

"Yes but what are we going to do about Max and Michael?" Maria asked.

"Um...what about us? we're standing right here," Max said.

Liz and Maria looked at Max and Michael. Liz turned and looked at Maria Maria turned and looked at the guys then turned and looked at Liz.

What are you thinking?" Maria asked

"We got 2 choices here. We just need to decide which one," Liz said.

"What are the 2 choices?" Max asked.

"One we can .... um ignore them... and try to find out what they are up to," Liz said.

"What is the second choice?" Max asked.

"Second one ... we can confront them and .... get everything we can from them,"Liz said.

"I say the first one," Maria said.

"I say the second one,"Michael said.

"I say the first one," Max said.

"Liz your the tiebreaker. what do you want to do?" Maria asked.

"I say the first one. We can probably find out more if we do," Liz said

"Ok. then the first one it is," Max said.

"Liz you know we're goin to have to tell Toney about what happened at the club and about Eric," Michael said

"Yeah, I know. I wonder what he is going to say,"Liz said.

"I'll call him now and we'll find out," Max said.

Max pulled out his cell phone from his pocket and dailed Toney's number. The phone ringed 3 times before Toney picked up the phone.

"Hello. This is Toney," Toney said.

"Hey Toney this is Max. Um... Eric was killed by a drive-by shooting at the club tonight," Max said.

"What? Was Liz there?" Toney asked.

"Yes, Liz was there. She's fine," Max said.

"Where are you?" Toney asked.

"I'm here at Liz and Maria's place with Michael," Max said.

"Is Liz ok?" Toney asked.

Max turned and looked Liz in the face. Liz looked at Max.

"Yeah, she's fine," Liz said.

"Can I talk to her?" Toney asked.

L-J-L 76
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 25 pg15 12/22

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Chapter 25:
"Yeah here she is," Max said as he handed Liz the phone.

Liz took the phone and put it to her ears. Max was about to leave when Liz stopped him. Max turned and looked at Liz. They both smiled at each other for a moment.

"Hello?" Toney asked.

"Um .... hey Toney," Liz said.

"Liz are you sure you're ok?" Toney asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I was just shocked it happened," Liz said.

"Liz are you sure you're ok?" Toney asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just in shock," Liz said.

"Ok. Um here is what I'm going to do. Michael is going to stay with you and Maria. Max is going to stay with me," Toney said.

"Fine, But what is going on?" Liz asked.

"Nothing is going on why?" Toney asked.

"Toney it just seems weird that Eric got killed. And here are these big rumours going around that there is a person trying to businesses," Liz said.

"Wait. Where did you hear yhose rumours?"Toney asked.

"Eric and some other people came into the club talking about it. They seemed really scared like Eric was before he died," Liz said.

"Did Eric tell you what was going on?" Toney asked.

"All Eric told me was that someone is scaring people. And they are trying to take over everything in town. If people don't sell they kill them," Liz said.

"Eric told you this?" Toney asked.

"No. I heard Eric on the phone talking about it," Liz said.

"Put Max on the phone,"Toney said.

"Yeah, ok," Liz said as she handed the phone to Max.

Max took the phone from Liz and looked at her for a moment with a small smile; turning away from her to talk on the phone to privately.

"Yeah," Max said.

"Max whoever did this is after something. We need to figure out what it is," Toney said.

"Yeah, I agree with you there. What are we going to do?" Max asked.

"Easy. Michael is going to stay with Liz and Maria. Me and you are going to see if we can find some info about this person," Toney said.

"That's great idea. I hope we'll find out something. Because it seems it is getting dangerous around here all of a sudden," Max said.

"Yeah, I know. Who knows what will happen next," Toney said.

"That is true. Lets just hope we can stop this person before it becomes dangerous," Max said.

"Max how do you think Liz is really doing?" Toney asked.

"She seems fine. But that's just how I'm seeing things," Max said.

"Thanks for telling me the truth. I don't know if he would," Toney said.

"I think Liz will always tell the truth if they ask," Max said.

"I think you're right," Toney said.

"So Michael stays here. Do you want me to stop by tonight or in the morning?" Max asked.

"You better come straighth here in case. If you know what I mean," Toney said.

"Yeah that's understandable. Whoever is doing this has got to be crazy or power hunry," Max said.

"Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking," Toney said.

"But, you do realize whatever is going on is getting more dangerous," Max said.

"Yeah, I just realize that when you get here we need to come up with a plan to keep everyone safe," Toney said.

"I agree with you. And we also need to figure how to help everyone in town too," Max said.

"Yes we need to do that too," Toney said.

"I better go. I need to let Michael know what is going on," Max said.

"Yeah, you and Michael need to keep your guns with you no matter what," Toney said.

"Ok. We'll do that," Max said before he closing the cell phone.

Max turned and looked at Liz, Michael and Maria, but they were already staring at him, waiting for him to tell them something anything.

"So what is going on?" Michael asked.

"You need to stay here tonight with the girls. Toney needs to talk to me about somethings," Max said.

"You know more tehn you're telling me," Michael said.

"Yeah, um he wants us to carry our guns with us at all times," Max said.

"I guess I can handle that," Michael said.

"Yeah, But what about me and Liz?" Maria asked.

"What about you and Liz?" Max asked.

"What do we get?" Maria said.

"Maria you have guns here. You and Liz are more safe since you moved here," Max said.

"Fine, Liz and I are going to carry guns too. But you'll never know where," Maria said before walking out of the kitchen.

Max and Michael turned and looked Liz who had a strange little look on her face.

"What did she mean by that?" Michael asked.

"It means that Maria knows how to hide a gun," Liz said.

"Do you?" Max asked.

"Do I what?" Liz asked.

"Do you know how to hide a gun?" Max asked.

"What do you think? Well good night guys," Liz said as she walked out of the room.

Max turned and looked at Michael, then turned and looked at the door.

"What the hell?" Max asked.

"Max don't ok. You better go. I'm sleeping on the couch," Michael said.

Max walked out of the kitchen, down the hallway and outthe door. Max turned and saw Liz standing at the bottom of the stairs looking at him.

"What?" Liz asked.,"What Max?"

"Liz just make sure you're safe ok," Max said.

"Max. I'll be fine. Don't wrry ok," Liz said.

"I'll try not to worry so much," Max said.

"Good. I guess we'll see you tomorrow then," Liz said.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow, good night Liz," Max said.

"Good night Max," Liz said.

Liz watched as Max walked out of the house. Liz turned and saw Michael standing in the doorway. They both looked at each other, sleep playing their eyes.

"What?" Liz asked.

"What is going on with you and Max?" Michael asked.

"Nothing is going on. Max and I are just friends ok? I better get some sleep. Good night," Liz said.

"Liz I'm glad we're all friends. Are you sure you're ok with what happened to Eric?" Michael said.

"Yeah, I'm fine. See you in the morning," Liz said as she walked up the stairs.

A few minutes later Michael and Maria were both fast sleep down stairs on the couch.

Toney's house:
"You think if we talk to the business people they would help us?" Max asked.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking," Toney said.

"But how with what happened to Eric?" Max said.

"Don't worry that should be easy. We just invite then to a cook out or a dinner party. Hopefully they will come," Toney said.

Yeah, hopefully," Max said.

"Does anyone know what or where Eric's girlfriend is?" Toney asked.

"No one knows where she is. What are we going to do when we find her?"Max asked.

"We are going to bring her and the baby here and protect them from whoever shot Eric," Toney said.

"So we need to find them before the killers find them?" Max asked.

"Yes we do. You better get some sleep we need to have an early morning serch for them," Toney said.

"Ok. Good night," Max said before walking away.

Max went up the stairs to one of the spare rooms and lay down. A few minutes later Max was fast asleep.

A few minutes later Toney walked up to his room. He was soon fast asleep too.

Early in the morning Liz woke up and got dressed. She grabbed her cell phone, money and keys to her car. After she walked out the back door, got in the car and drove off.

In the morning:
Michael and Maria woke up and sat up. They looked around then looked at each other.

"What time is it?" Maria asked.

Michael turned and looked at his watch.

"It's 9am why?" Michael asked looking at Maria.

"Liz should be up by now. I'm going to go check on her," Maria said standing up and walked up the stairs. Maria walked down the hallway and stopped at Liz's door and knocked.

She waited a few seconds.

When Liz didn't answer Maria opened the door and walked in. She saw that Liz was not in her room. Maria walked out of Liz's room and started to check around the house. She still could not find Liz anywhere. Maria walked down the stairs and up to Michael. Michael saw that Maria had a worried look on her face.

"Maria what is wrong?"Michael asked.

"Liz is missing I can't find her anywhere," Maria answered with a startled look on her face.

L-J-L 76
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 25 pg15 12/22

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Chapter 26:
"What do you mean Liz is gone?" Michael asked.

"Just what I mean Liz is not here," Maria said.

"Where could she have gone?" Michael asked.

"I don't know. I'm worried," Maria said.

"I better call Max and let him know," Michael said.

Michael reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. Michael dailed Max's number and let the phone ring. The phone rings 4 times before someone answers the phone.

"Hello?" Max asked.

"Hey Max. This is michael we have a little problem," Michael said.

"What kind of little problem?"Max asked as he sat up.

"Liz is gone. We looked everywhere all throught the house and we can't find her anywhere," Michael said.

"What do you mean Liz is gone? Where how did she leave the house?" Max asked.

"We don't know. Me and Maria are going to check the club. We'll call you when we get there,"Michael said.

"Ok. talk to you in a few minutes," Max said.

Meanwhile across town
Liz walked off the elevater and walked down the hall to a door. When Liz got to the door she knocked on it. A few seconds later the door opens and there stood Alice holding baby Alex. Alice and Liz looked at each other.

"Liz what are you doing here?" Alice asked.

"Alice I need to talk to you," Liz said.

"Sure come on in," Alice said as she stepped back

Liz walked intot the room and shut the door. Liz looked around and saw the place was clean and the baby was asleep. Liz turned and looked at Alice.

"Alice you need to sit down. I need to tell you something," Liz said.

Alice sat down. Liz sat beside Alice.

"Alice you know how Eric was at work last night?" Liz asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" Alice asked.

"Alice there was a drive by shooting at the club last night," Liz said.

"Oh good,"Alice said.

"Eric was shoot last night. He .... He died in my arms," Liz said.

"What? No ....No," Alice said.

"I'm so ... so sorry. I thought you should know," Liz said.

Alice grabbed Liz and hugged her as he cried. Liz just held Alice as she cried. A few minutes later Alice stood up amd walked to the crib. Alice picked up the baby and carried him to Liz. Alice looked down at baby Alex then looked up at Liz.

"Thanks for letting me know," Alice said.

"Did you hear any of the trouble thatwas going around?" Liz asked.

"Yeah, I heard. I can't believe it either," Alice said.

"Alice what are you going to do now?" Liz asked.

"I don't know. But I better come up with something soon though," Alice said.

Right at that moment 2 things happened at once. Liz's cell phone started to ring. And someone was shooting at the room. Liz, Alice and the baby hide behind the couch as someone kept shooting. Liz reached into her pocket and pulled her cell phone out. Liz put her cell phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Liz asked.

"Where the hell are you? And what the hell is all that noise?" Voice said.

"Who is this?" Liz asked.

"This is Max. Liz tell me where you are right now? And what the hell is going on?" Max asked.

"Max I'm with Alice and the baby. We're at a hotel called Sunset. We're in number 6 at the top. Oh and that noise you are hearing are a baby crying and gun shots," Liz said.

"Hang on I'll be there in a few minutes," Max said.

"I hope you got Michael with you," Liz said.

"Yeah, Michael and Maria are with me," Max said.

"Let me talk to Liz," Maria yelled.

"Liz Maria wants to talk to you. So here she is," Max said as he handed the phone to Maria.

"Liz why did you leave this morning?" Maria asked.

"Maria I needed to tell Alice. Hold on for a minute I need to find my gun," Liz said.

"Liz what do you need your gun for? Hello?" Maria asked.

"Maria me and Alice are getting shot at right now," Liz said.

"Liz you need to be careful," Maria said.

"Maria I'm being careful,"Liz said.

Meanwhile in the car.

"Liz Max said we are about 10 minutes away," Maria said.

"Tell Max to drive a little faster. There is a little problem here," Liz said.

"Wait. what problem?" Maria asked.

"We're getting shot at and they are trying to come in too," Liz said.

Right at that moment Maria heard a loud bang. And she heard screaming.

"Liz answer me," Maria yelled.

"Maria what is it?" Liz asked.

" What the hell just happened?" Maria asked.

"Maria can you hold on for a minute?" Liz asked.

Maria heard a banging and shooting. She also heard screaming and crying. Maria looked at Michael then looked at the road.

"Liz," Maria yelled.

"What is wrong?" Michael asked.

"Something is going on. But I can't hear what it is," Maria said.

"Here give me the phone," Max said.

Maria handed Max the phone. Max looked at Maria then the road.

"Michael how much longer til we get there?" Max asked.

"If I can get pass this car we will be there in 10 minutes," Michael said.

"Do it then," Max said.

Max looked at Michael then looked at the phone.

"Liz are you there? Liz answer me now," Max said.

"Max! What is going on?" Liz asked.

"Maria heard shooting, banging and screaming. So you better tell me now," Max asked.

"Oh um lets see they are still trying to shoot at us and trying to break in. Where are you guys?" Liz asked.

"We are 5 minutes away. Try to hold them off. We're almost there," Max said.

"Max I got to tell you something," Liz said.

"What would that be?" Max asked.

"Max when you get here there are 2 brown cars infront and maybe 4 more men at the steps and on the floor were on. So you better be careful," Liz said.

"We will. How are Alice and the baby Alex doing?" Max asked.

"They are fine. The baby is between me and Alice. And Alice is helping me shoot these guys," Liz said.

"Liz look out!," Alice yelled.

Right at that moment Liz got shot in the arm. Liz dropped her gun and held her arm. Alice grabbed the phone and put it to her ear.

"Hello?" Alice asked.

"Who is this?" Max asked.

"This is Alice, who is this?" Alice asked.

"This is Max, Where is Liz?" Max asked.

"Liz got shot," Alice.

"What? Is Liz ok?" Let me talk to her," Max said.

"Here is Liz,"Alice said as she handed the phone to Liz.

Liz grabbed the phone and used her shoulder to hold the phone while her hand was on her arm.

"Hello?" Liz asked.

"Liz are you ok?" Max asked.

"Max, I'm fine. I was just shot in the arm. But I'm fine," Liz said.

"Liz we're here. We just pulled up," Max said.

"Max be careful," Liz said.

"We should be there in 15 minutes," Max said.

Michael parked the car and everyone got out of the car. After they got out of the carthey ran to the elevater. When they got to the elevater Max and Michael puched 2 gaurds out. Afterwards Max and Michael got into the elevator as the doors shuts. Max puched button number 6 and it went to the first floor.When it got to the floor Max and Michael put their heads out and saw where the 2 gaurds were. The gaurds were 2 doors down from the elevator.

Max and Michael looked at each other. Maria looked at them. Then she walked passed them down the hallway. Maria dropped her purse infront of the gaurds. Both of the gaurds went to pick up the purse at the sametime. When they bent down Max and Michael hit the gaurds over their heads. After the gaurds fell to the ground. Max, Maria and Michael ran down the hallway. When they got to the door they didn't see anyone. Max knocked on the door. A few seconds later the door opens with a gun pointing at them.

L-J-L 76

Hey Everyone
I just wanted to say I hope everyone had a great New Years Eve! And I hope everyone has a great stress free New Year!
L-J-L 76
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Authors Note pg16 1/13

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 27:
"Liz," Max aksed.

"Who is it?" Alice asked.

"I'm Max. I'm here with Maria and Michael were friends of Liz," Max said.

"Come in. But shut the door after you walk in," Alice said.

Max, Maria and Michael walked in and shut the door. After they walked in and shut the door they see Liz on the couch pointing a gun at them. And Alice had a gun pointing at their backs. When Liz sees that it is Max, Maria and Michael she drops her gun. Alice also drops her gun.

"Hey," Liz said

"Liz are you ok?" Max asked.

"I got shot in the arm. It hurts a little," Liz said.

Max walked up to Liz. Max bent down and looked at Liz's arm.

"You know you could have been seriously killed. Why did you come here?" Max asked.

"I know I could have been killed. I wanted to talk to Alice," Liz said.

"So um where is the baby?" Maria asked.

"Right here," Alice said as she went to a pile of Pile and picked up the baby.

"We better get out of here now. Max can you carry Liz?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, I can handle it," Max said.

"Exuess me I can walk you know," Liz said.

"Well as of right now I'm carry you to the car. Now shut up," Max said.

"Max ....,"Liz said.

"Liz be quiet we need to leave," Max said.

Max carried Liz to the door. Michael, Maria, Max Liz and Alice all walked out the door. They didn't see anyone so they ran to the elevator and got in. When they got into the elevator the doors closed. Michael pushed basement. A few minutes later the doors open and they were in the basement. After they walked out of the elevator they all ran to Michael's car. Everyone got in the car before Michael started to car and drove off.

"Where are we going?" Maria asked.

"We're going to Toney. It's safe there," Michael asked.

Maria turned and looked at Liz, Max, Alice and the baby. Liz turned and looked at Maria.

"Liz are you ok?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, my arm is still hurting," Liz said.

"Liz I'm glad that your ok," Maria said.

"Thanks. Why are we going to Toney's for?" Liz asked.

"Because Toney's place has a high surcity. And plus we know no one can break in," Max said.

"Question what is Toney going to do when he sees I have been shot?" Liz asked.

"We don't know. But I know when he will he is going to be mad," Michael said.

"Hopefully he will be glad that Liz is safe. And we found Alice and the baby," Max said.

"Why would Toney be glad that we found Alice and the baby?" Liz asked.

"Toney was worried about Alice and the baby. He wants to protect Alice and the baby like he wants to protect you," Max said.

Michael pulled up to a huge house. The house had a eletric fence around the house and video cameras everywhere. After they got pass the fence they drove up to the house and got out of the car. Michael and Max got out of the car. Michael lead Maria
abd Alice into the house while Max carried Liz into the house. After everyone was in the house Michael shut the door.

Max, Michael and the girls walked down the hall and stopped at a door. Michael raised his arm and knocked on the door. After he knocked on the door he waited for an answer.

"Come in," Toney yelled.

Max opebned the door and everyone walked in. Michael shut the door after everyone was in the room. Toney looked up and saw Max carrying Liz.Ans Max standing by 2 women. He looked at Liz and saw she was holding her arm.

"What is going on?" Toney asked.

"Um, we had a couple of things happened," Michael said.

"What things?" Toney asked.

"Well um Liz decided to leave the house and go see Alice. She didn't tell anyone she was leaving," Michael said.

"Ok. Um what eles," Toney asked.

"Me and Alice were talking when all of a sudden someone shot at us and Max called me. We talked. Alice and I were shooting back when I got hit in the shoulder," Liz said.

"You got hit," Toney said.

"Yeah, someone shot me in the arm. I'm fine though," Liz said.

"We got to Liz and Alice. We had to knock some gaurds out. I bandage Liz's arm and carried her out to the car. And then we got here," Max said.

"Wait just one damn minute. Liz got shot," Toney said.

"Yes. But don't worry I'm fine," Liz said.

"Let me see where your shot at," Toney said.

Liz pushed up her short sleeve and showed Toney where she was shot. Toney walked up to Liz and took the bandage off and saw that it was a glazed her shoulder. Toney and Liz both looked at each other.

"Are you sure your ok?" Toney asked.

"Yeah, I told you I was fine. Max did a good job on my arm," Liz said.

"Yeah, he did," Toney said.

Toney and Liz turned and looked at Max and the others.

"Alice I'm glad your safe. You can stay here for as long as you want," Toney said.

"Thank you Toney," Alice said.

"No problem. Now who are you?" Toney asked as he stood infront of Maria.

"I'm Maria. Your dating my room mate and I'm dating Michael," Maria said.

"Oh, so your Maria. I'm so glad to finally to meet you. Michael and Liz say nice things about you," Toney said.

"Well Thanks," Maria said.

No problem," Toney sid.

Toney turned and walked up to his desk. He sat on the desk and looked at everyone.

"We need to figure out what is going on. And we need to figure out what we are going to do and how to keep you girls safe," Toney said.

"Toney you don't need to orry about me and Maria. Max and Michael can watch out for us," Liz said.

"Yeah, that is true. And Alice and the baby can can stay here with me," Toney said.

"Yeah, that is true," Michael said.

"Great see everything is set and ready," Toney said.

"Ok. Now that is all done. When do you think we can leave here?" Maria asked.

"Why?" Toney asked.

"Some of us have to go to work," Maria said.

"Oh, yes of course," Toney said.

"Come on Maria. I'll take you to work," Michael said.

"Michael can you take me home?" Liz asked.

"What?" Toney, Max and Michael sid at the same time.

"I want to go home. I need to change clothes," Liz said.

"Fine. But Max stays with you," Toney said.

"What? why?" Liz asked.

"Just to make sure that you are safe," Toney said.

"Fine. But if he makes me mad he can wait outside," Liz said.

Toney grabbed a set of keys and threw them at Max. Max caught the keys. Max looked at the keys then looked at Toney.

"Your going to have me drive your car?" Max asked.

"Yeah, sure be careful. I'll see you later," Toney said.

Max turned and looked t Liz.

"Are you ready to go?" Max asked.

"Um, yeah sure," Liz said.

"We better leave too," Michael said.

"Ok. See you guys later," Toney said.

Max, Liz, Michael and Maria walked out of the office and out of the house. They walked to the cars, got in and drove off.

Max and Liz both looked at each other. They didn't say a word as Max drove to the house. When they got to Liz's house Max and Liz got out of the car and walked into the house. Max shut the door and followed Liz into the living room. They both sat down and looked from each other to looking around.

"Are you sure your really ok?" Max asked.

"Max I'm fine. I'm sorry if I made you, Maria and Michael worry. I didn't mean to," Liz said.

"Liz we were just worried about you is all," Max said.

"I know," Liz said.

"Is your arm still hurting?" Max asked.

"Yeah, I think I'm going to take some tynal and go lay down," Liz said.

"Ok. I'll be right here on couch," Max said.

Max followed Liz into the kitchen. Max went and got a cup while Liz got herself 2 tynals. Max turned and watched as Liz took the pills. After Liz took the pills Max and Liz both looked at each other.

"Come on. Lets get you upstairs," Max said.

"Max I can go on my own. Why don't you stay down here and sleep on the couch," Liz said.

"Are you sure? It is ok with you?" Max asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. If I need you I'll scream for you," Liz said.

"Ok. see you in a few," Max said.

Max and Liz walked out of the kitchen. Liz walked up up the steps. Max followed Liz to the steps. He watched as Liz walked up the stairs and down the hall. After Liz walked down the hallway Max turned and walked to the couch. When Max got to the couch he sat down and grabbed the remote. Max turned on tv and started to flip through the channels looking for something to warch. Max stopped when he found a movie called Marley and Me.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 27 pg16 1/14

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 28:

A few hours later Liz came down stairs and saw Max sleeping on the couch. Liz walked up to the couch and looked at Max. Liz walked to the side of the couch and grabbed a blanket. Liz walked over to the couch and put the over Max. After Liz covered Max she reached her hand out to grab the remote that lay next to him. Max reached out and grabbed Liz's arm and flipped them over. Liz was against the couch while Max was on top of her. Max and Liz both looked at each other.

"Max what is wrong?" Liz asked.

"You snuck up on me and I guess I got spooked," Max said.

"Max can you please let me go? And can you help me up?" Liz asked.

"What? Oh sorry," Max said as he sat up.

Liz sat up and looked at Max. They both looked at each other.

"Max what was that about?" Liz asked.

"Liz, it's nothing. Don't worry," Max said.

"Max why won't you tell me what is going on?" Liz asked.

"It's nothing. It's just something I need to handle alone," Max said.

"Max you need to talk to someone about whatever it is that is bothering you. It might help," Liz said.

"Liz I don't think anyone will be able to help me with my problems," Max said.

"Max you never know. Why can't you just I don't know trust someone to talk to about this," Liz said.

"Liz I need to figure it out on my own. So don't worry about any of it," Max said.

"Max please just let me know if I'm or anyone else is in the problems you have." Liz asked.

Liz you, Michael, Maria and Toney are not ok," Max said.

"Are you sure?" Liz asked.

"Yes, I'm sure. Please trust me Liz?" Max asked.

"Fine. But Max, promise me you will talk to someone?" Liz asked.

"Yes. I promise I'll talk to someone," Max said.

"Good. I don't want you to get upset or anything," Liz said.

"You know I won't. So stop worrying," Max said.

"Fine. But one thing first," Liz said.

"And what would that be?' Max asked.

"This," Liz said as she hit Max with a pillow.

Liz looked at Liz surprised then he grabbed a pillow and hit Liz with it. Max and Liz started to hit each other with pillows. It was an all out pillow fight between Max and Liz. They were chasing each other and hitting each other with pillows. As they were hitting each other the feathers in the pillows were all over them and the room. When Max caught Liz he spun her around. They fell to the floor laughing at each others.

Right at that moment Maria, Michael, Alice and Toney all walked into the house and into the living room. When they walked into the living room they saw feathers everywhere.

“Liz, Max where are you?" Maria asked.

Max and Liz stood up and saw Maria, Michael looking at them. Max and Liz looked at them.

"Um, hey," Liz said.

"What the hell happened?" Maria asked.

"We had a pillow fight. Liz won," Max said.

"Who started the pillow fight?" Michael asked.

"He did/ she did," Max and Liz said at the same time.

"Ok. Both of you stop that and tell me what happened," Maria said.

"Maria nothing we were just having fun. I need to go change. I'll be back in a minute," Liz said before running upstairs.

Max, Maria and Michael all turned and watched as Liz ran up the stairs. All three of them turned and looked at each other.

"What?" Max asked.

"Tell us what happened?" Michael asked.

"I rather not," Max said.

"Max it can't be that bad. So why not just tell us then," Maria said.

"Tell you what?" Liz said as he walked down the stairs.

Max, Maria and Michael turned and saw Liz coming down stairs wearing hip hugger jeans and a long sleeve t- shirt. Liz stood in front of them. They all looked at each other.

"What did you want Max to tell you?" Liz asked.

"We want to know what happened," Maria said.

"Easy I went to take a shower. When I came down stairs Max was a sleep. So I grabbed a blanket and put it over him. Max grabbed me and the next thing I know Maxis on top of me. After that we talked and had a pillow fight. We were going to clean up when you walked in," Liz said.

"So that is all that happened?" Maria asked.

"Yeah, that is all that happened," Max said.

"Why didn't you just tell us?" Maria asked.

"Because it was dumb," Liz said.

"Well at least we know," Michael said.

"So have you heard from Toney and Alice? Max asked.

"No. I was going to call him and find out now," Michael said.

Michael reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. He dialled a number and the phone ringed three times before someone answered the phone.

"Hello?" Toney asked.

"Hey Toney It's Michael. I wanted to let you know everything is fine," Michael said.

"That is good to know," Toney said.

"How is it going with Alice and the baby?" Michael asked.

"Everything is fine. Alice is really tired," Toney said.

"I bet. We are going to be here for a while. Then I don't know," Michael said.

"Are you safe where you are?" Toney asked.

"Yeah, we're safe. What about you?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, we should be safe here," Michael asked.

"Ok. I think you and Max need to stay with Liz and Maria for the night. And then tomorrow come here," Toney said.

"Yeah, ok. We'll be there tomorrow early," Michael said.

"Ok. See you then. Keep your guard’s up. And keep an eye out," Toney said.

You know we will. Talk to you later," Michael said.

"Ok. Talk to you later," Toney said before closing his cell phone.

After the call Michael turned and looked at Liz, Max Maria. Michael looked at them.

"What did Toney have to say?" Max asked.

"We are supposed to stay here for the night. Then tomorrow we all go to Toney's house to talk," Michael said.

"So you both are staying the night?" Liz asked.

Yeah, why are you asking?" Max asked.

"Well one of you can have the spear room between me and Maria and the other can have the couch. You both need to decide where you'll be sleeping," Liz said.

"I'll take the couch," Max said.

"Are you sure?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure," Max said.

"Ok. That was easy," Michael said.

"Um, Liz can you tell me where the blanket and pillows are?" Max asked.

"Sure. Come on," Liz said before walking out of the living room.

Max followed Liz out of the living room and walked into the hallway. Max and Liz walked to the second door. Liz opened the door and pulled two blankets and a pillow out. Liz turned and looked at Max. Liz and Max both looked at each other.

"Max here is the pillow and blankets," Liz said.

"Thanks," Max said as he reached for the blankets and pillow.

Max touched Liz's hand as he took the blankets and pillow. Max and Liz both looked at each other as Max held Liz's hand.

I um better go," Liz said.

"Y Yeah, sure," Max said.

Liz walked down the hallway and walked into the living room. Max turned and followed Liz down the hallway and into the living room. When Max walked into the living room he saw Liz sitting down on the couch and no sign of Michael and Maria anywhere. Max set the blankets and pillow down next to Liz. Then Max went and sat down next to Liz.

"Where are Maria and Michael?" Max asked.

"I'll give you one guess," Liz said.

"No. They can't be," Max said.

"Yes they are," Liz said.

"Oh god. Just what I need," Max said.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 28 pg16 1/22

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 29:

"Well good night," Liz said before she stood up and walked out of the living room.

Max walked to the couch and pulled the blanket out and laid the pillow down. Max sat down and took off his shoes and laid down. Max pulled the blanket up to his waist.

In the Morning
Liz woke up and walked to the closet. She opened the closet and started to look for something to wear. A few minutes later Liz found a pair of hip huger jeans and a lite blue short sleeve t- shirt. Liz walked over to the bed and got dressed. Liz changed her clothes and made her bed. After that Liz walked out of her room and walked down the stairs. Liz walked to the kitchen. When she got to the kitchen door she heard.

"Max what is going on with you?" Michael asked.

"What do you mean?" Max asked.

"You and Liz seem to be close," Michael said.

"Michael me and Liz are just friends. There is nothing going on," Max said.

"That is good. What are your feels tours Liz?" Michael asked.

"What?" Max asked.

"Do you have feeling for Liz?" Michael asked.

"Michael I like Liz. She is a good person and friend.,"Max said.

"Max I knew you liked her. You both are now starting to get along," Michael said.

"Yeah, I know me and Liz are getting along. I'm just hoping we can stay friends like we are now," Max said.

"You know you both can. So don't worry about it," Michael said.

"I won't. I'm wondering how Toney is doing with Alice and the baby," Max said.

"Well find out whenever the girls are ready to go," Michael said.

"How are things going with you and Maria?" Max asked.

"Me and Maria are doing good. We just need to have some time alone and together. And everything will be fine," Michael said.

"I wonder where the girls are now?" Michael said.

"Michael you better watch what you say or you will be sorry if the girls hear you," Max said.

"What are Liz and Maria going to do?" Michael asked.

"I say you don't want to know," Max said.

"What?" Michael asked

"You remember how our sister was when she got mad?" Max asked.

Michael nodded yes to Max's question.

"Yeah, I think that is how mad they will get," Max said.

"Who get mad?" Liz asked.

Max and Michael turned and saw Liz standing in the doorway.

"Who gets mad?" Liz asked.

"Un no one," Michael said.

"Yeah, right now tell m the truth," Liz said.

"We are telling you the truth," Max said.

"Whatever," Liz said as she poured her coffee into a cup.

Afterward Liz turned and sat down. Liz looked at Max and Michael. Max and Michael looked at Liz.

"Where is Maria?" Michael asked.

"She is taking a shower. why?" Liz asked.

"We need to get ready and leave in an hour," Michael said.

"Fine. I'll go tell her. But if she yells I'm sending her to you," Liz said.

"How mad can she get?" Michael asked

"You don't want to know. But I guess you'll find out here in a few minutes," Liz said as she walked out of the kitchen.

Max and Michael both looked at each other then finish drinking their coffee.
Meanwhile Liz knocked on Maria's bedroom door.

"Come in," Maria said.

Liz walked into the bedroom and saw Maria was in her robe. Maria turned and saw Liz. Maria and Liz looked at each other.

"What is going on?" Maria asked.

"Michael told me to tell you to hurry up we leave in an hour," Liz said.

"Michael said what?" Maria yelled.

"Don't hurt me. But Michael told me to tell you we leave in an hour," Liz said.

"Oh I'm going to give him a piece of my mind," Maria said.

"Maria you need to calm down," Liz said.

"No come on lets go see the guys now," Maria said as he grabbed Liz and dragged her out the door.

Liz and Maria walked down the hallway and down the stairs. When they walked in the kitchen they saw Max and Michael sitting at the table. All four of them looked at each other. Liz walked up to Max and dragged him to the other side of the kitchen. Liz and Max turned and looked at Michael and Maria.

Are you trying to rush me?" Maria asked.

"What? No," Michael said.

"You told Liz to tell me we were leaving in an hour," Maria said.

"Yeah, we are leaving in an hour,"Michael said.

"You better not rush me or you will be sorry," Maria said.

"What are you going to do?" Michael asked.

"You will have to wait and see what I have plan for you," Maria said.

"Why do I have a feeling that I'm not going to like it?" Michael asked.

"You'll see," Maria said.

Maria was about to walk out the door when she turns and looks at Max. Max looked at Liz.

"Max if you piss Liz off your going to be sorry too. You need to remember that," Maria said before walking out the door.

Max and Michael looked at the door. Then they turned and looked at each other then looked at Liz. Liz just looked at the both of them.

Is Maria serious?" Michael asked.

"Yes Maria is serious. You both need to watch your backs and what you say to and around her," Liz said.

"How bad can it get?" Max asked.

"On a scale of 1 - 10.It can be between 10 to 20. That is if you really made her mad," Liz said.

"What is the scale with you?" Max asked.

"I get mad on a scale between 15 to 20. If you make me mad," Liz said.

"Ok. So we know not to make you both mad," Michael said.

"Yeah, that is true," Liz said.

"What is going to happen to the club?" Michael asked.

"I don't know. But I'll check the will later," Liz said.

"Do you know where Eric's will is?" Max asked.

"Yeah, I know where the will is," Liz said.

"Well where is it," Max asked.

"That is none of your business," Liz said.

"Can you both stop it. We need to make sure everything is ready when we leave here in a few minutes," Michael said.

"I wonder how Alice and the baby re doing?" Liz asked.

"I bet they are doing good," Michael said.

"I hope so. Because Alice looked a little worried and scared," Liz said.

"Of course she is worried and scared after what happened to Eric," Max said.

"Do you know if she was there when Eric wrote the will?" Michael asked.

"I don't know all I know is that everything is crazy," Liz said.

"Liz everything is going to be ok. We just all got to get everyone together and talk," Max said.

"Max I know that. But we never know how things are going to be," Liz said.

"I know that. Hopefully we will be able to handle whatever is going on with Alice, the baby, the will, the club and whoever is trying to get to Toney," Max said.

Maria walked into the kitchen wearing hip huger jeans and a long sleeve t- shirt. Maria walked up to Liz and stood next to her. Liz turned and looked at Maria and then the guys.

"Is everyone ready to go?" Michael asked.

"I'm ready," Liz and Maria said.

"Then lets go," Max said.

Liz and Maria grabbed their purses and walked out of the kitchen. Liz and Maria waited at the front door for Max and Michael. When they walked up to the girls. Maria opened the door and everyone walked out. Michael locked the door while Liz, Max and Maria walked out to the car. Max unlocked door and everyone in. Michael walked to the car and got in.
Michael started the car and rove out of the driveway and down the street. As they drove no one said a word to each other. A few minutes later they pulled up to Toney's house. Everyone got out of the car and walked up the steps. Max opened the door and everyone walked into the house and looked around. Liz and Maria turned and looked at Max and Michael.

"I'm going to go see if I can find Alice,"Liz said.

"Ok. Me and Michael will go and look for Toney. Maria do you want to stay here?" Max asked.

"Um I rather go with you if that is ok," Maria said.

"Ok. come on lets go," Michael said before walking away.

Liz walked up the stairs and started to walk down the hallway.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 29 pg16 1/26

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Author's Note:
Hey everyone
I wanted to say thank you so much for leaving feedback to Romancing The Heart. I hope everyone will keep reading and leaving feedback til the end of the story. I hope everyone will like the chapters to come. And I hope evryone will keep reading to find out what will happen next for Max, Liz, Michael, Maria, Toney and Alice.

Angelina
Thank you for liking the chapter. You may find out or you may not find out what will happened to Max.I'm not going to say. Yes Max is fine. Max doesn't want anyone to know what is rong with him. So he won't talk to anyone about it. Liz wants to be Max friend. She hopes he will tell you but she know he won't. Yes Max and Liz are great together. Yes the fight between Max and Liz was funny.And yes they are great together. Well you will have to wiat and see what will happen next. Michael and Maria are taking it slow tight now on the dating and romance thing. But don't worry things will heat up soon between Max, Liz, Michael, Maria.

Keepsmiling 7
I'm glad you like the chapter and I'm glad you like the pillow fight.

Ken R
Yes that is interesting Liz is getting put with max a lot. Toney has alot on his mind with Alice and the baby at his house. Who knows if Toney can be good for Liz or not. Yes there is sexual tension between Michael, Maria, Max and Liz.Yes Michael and Maria are good. You will have to wit and read what will happen between Max, Liz, Toney and Alice.

L-J- L 76
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Romancing The Heart{CC, AU, Mature}Chapter 29 pg 5 1/26

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Romancing The Heart
Chapter 30:

While Liz was walking down the hallway she heard voices. Liz kept walking until she was at the door the voices were coming from. Liz stopped and listened to what was being said.

"Toney you need to talk to Liz and tell her what is going on," Alice said.

"I know I do. But I'm a fraud she is going to hate me," Toney said.

"Toney it is time for the truth to come out," Alice said.

"How did Eric do when he found out the truth?" Toney asked.

"Eric was mad. He didn't talk to me for a while," Alice said.

"Did he know what we did?" Toney asked.

"Yes he knew. That is why he kept giving you the death look. God Toney I never meant for that to happen to us. Eric was so mad," Alice said.

"God. What happened between me and you never should have happened. I'm sorry," Toney said.

"I know Toney. That is why I think you should tell Liz what happened. Before someone else does," Alice said.

"Who is going to tell her. Me and you are the only ones that knows what happened," Toney said.

"Because I think Liz has a right to know what happened between us," Alice said.

"I know she does. I just hope she won't hate us. It only happened once,” Toney said.

"Toney. It happened more then once. It has happened 4 times now. You really need to tell Liz," Alice said.

"I know. I will tell Liz. I just hope she won't be mad at me," Toney said.

"Yeah, me too. We better get down stairs before they get here," Alice said.

Liz backed away from the door and walked down the hallway and down the stairs. Liz walked into a room and looked out the window. While Liz was looking out the window Liz's cell phone ringed. Liz reached into her pocket and pulled out her cell phone. Liz put the phone to her ear.

"Hello?" Liz asked.

"Hey I wanted to check and see if your ok," Al said.

"I'm fine. Remember my boss Eric. I told you about him," Liz said.

"Yeah, I remember. What about him?" Al asked.

"He's dead. He died last night,” Liz said.

"How did he die?" Al asked.

"Me and Eric were talking in his office. After we talked we walked out of the office and walked into the club. Eric was standing in front of me. A um a car drove by and shot him. Eric fell back on me. I fell with Eric on top of me. A few seconds later Max got on his feet and took Eric off of me.," Liz said.

"All that happened and your ok?" Al asked.

"Yes Al I'm fine," Liz said.

"What are you and Maria up to?" Al asked.

"We're at Tony's right now. we are waiting or him to come in. And after that I guess that we are just going to talk,” Liz said

"What are you doing at Toney’s? You know it is not safe," Al said.

Alex everything is ok. We still carry what you gave us and told us to carry," Liz said.

"You promise? Liz all you have to do is call me and we'll be there if you need us," Alex said.

"Yes I promise. And I know all we got to do is call you and you will be here," Liz said.

"Good. So have you heard form you father?” Al asked.

"No. But he has his men following me and Maria. They still know Max and Michael are with us," Liz said.

"You know this could get dangerous," Al asked.

"Yeah, I figured that it could," Liz said.

"Liz tell me the truth what is wrong? Don't tell me nothing. I know when your lying," Al said.

Liz turned and looked behind her. Liz saw Max looking at her. They both looked at each other.

"Liz are you still there?" Al asked.

"Um, yeah. I'm still here. I um better go. I'll call you back later ok," Liz said.

"Ok. talk to you later," Al said.

Liz closed her cell phone and put the phone in her pocket. Max walked up to Liz. They stood face to face.

"Did you find Toney and Alice?" Max asked.

"No. Did you find them?" Liz asked.

"No. We didn't find them. We'll give them 10 minutes then we look for them again," Max said.

"Where is Michael and Maria?" Liz asked.

"Oh they are in the living room watching TV. I just wanted to come and check on you," Max said.

"Max thank you for checking up on me. That is really nice of you," Liz said.

"No problem. You know me and Michael care," Max said.

Yeah I know," Liz said.

"You know what?" Toney asked.

Max and Liz turned and saw Toney and Alice standing in the doorway.

"You know what?" Toney asked.

"Oh um how Max and Michael care as friends what happens to me and Maria," Liz said.

"That is nice. So did everything go ok last night?" Toney asked

"Everything went great the girls were safe. what about you guys?" Max asked.

"Everything went fine here too. Hopefully we'll find out who it was that killed Eric," Toney said.

"What is going to happen to the club?" Max asked.

"I don't know. We need to find his will and find out," Toney said.

"Do you know where his will is Alice?" Max asked.

"No. All I ever knew was he had a will written," Alice said.

"Liz did you know about the will?" Toney asked.

"Yes I knew about the will. But I don't know where it would be," Liz said.

"Ok. Lets get start the meeting," Toney said.

Liz, Max, Alice and Toney all walked into the living room where Maria and Michael were watching TV. Michael and Maria looked up and saw Max, Liz, Toney and Alice standing in front of them.

"What is going on?" Michael asked.

"We are having a meeting," Toney said.

"Oh ok," Michael said as he turned off the TV.

Liz sat next to Maria on the couch. Max walked up to a chair and sat down. Michael sat next to Maria on the couch. Alice sat on the other side of Michael. Everyone looked at Toney. Toney looked at everyone.

"Ok. I made some calls last night and I still couldn't find out who is the person that is trying to take over," Toney said.

"We need to find out who the person is before it is too late," Max said.

"Yeah, that is true. But who could it be that wants to take over everything?" Michael asked.

Maybe we will find out if we keep asking and checking people and places," Max said.

"Ok. It sounds like a good plan. We need to find the will and see what's going to happen to Eric's club," Toney said.

"I say we let Liz run the club until we find the will,” Alice said.

"Are you sure you want me to do that?" Liz asked.

"Yes. You and Eric both loved working at the club. So I think you should run the club," Alice said.

"What about you running the club?" Liz asked.

"I can't I got the baby to look after. And It is you that I trust,” Alice said.

"Ok. I'll do it. But we don't change anything. Where am I goign to help with this?" Liz asked.

"You know I will help you," Maria said.

"We'll help also. So there won't be a problem," Max and Michael said.

"Ok," Liz said.

"Good. Now that we got that settle. We could probably use the club to see id the guy comes by and talks to you. And find out who he is," Toney said.

"Wait you want to use the club and us as bait to see if the guy comes out of hiding?" Maria asked.

"Yes you and Liz will be safe with Michael and Max with you. No one would get hurt,” Toney said.

"Toney I think I think you are crazy," Maria said.

"Maria you both will be safe with us there. We won't let anything happen to you," Michael said.

"Fine. If anything happens I will kick your ass got it," Maria said.

"Boy you got a temper there," Toney said.

"Toney I won't be just kicking Michael's ass. I'll be kicking your and Max's asses too," Maria said.

"No you won't," Toney said.

"Yes I will and Michael knows it," Maria said.

"Is she serious?" Toney asked.

"Yes she is very serious," Max, Liz and Michael said at the same time.

"Great," Toney said.

"So does anyone have a way to draw the person out? So we can find out who it is and why they are doing this?" Alice asked.

Liz turned and saw Maria had a smile on her face. Liz knew what the smile meant. And she knew that she was going to hate whatever Maria had planned.