Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 16 COMPLETE

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 16 COMPLETE

Post by jake17 »

Thank you to dreamer19, Kristin for this beautiful banner

Title: Pieces of My Heart
Author: jake17
Pairing: L/M
Rating: Adult
Disclaimer: I own nothing Roswell
Summary: Is it possible to be too hurt to let someone in, or can love give you the courage and faith you need open your heart again.

This story is dedicated to dreamer19, Kristin. My friend, the beautiful writer, poet and artist. Thank you for being who you are, a truly amazing person.
Love you carrie :D

Chapter 1.

Liz's Pov

It hard not to be intimidated sitting in this room, how did I get here?

“Well that about does it. Thank you both for your corooperation.”

I smile awkwardly at our attorney and shake his hand. I feel like I’ve just made a business deal.

Kyle is out the door in seconds and I’m left standing there looking like a fool.

I feel sick, I can’t breathe. Ten years of my life has just disappeared as though it never happened.

“Ms. Parker are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m…no actually I’m not.”

I can see the pity in his eyes and I know that this is what I’ll be facing from everyone I know.

It’s not his fault. He’s been so kind, nervous actually I think this is new to him too.

Suddenly he’s by my side. I can’t help but smile as I look up at him. He looks like a kid who’s being forced to wear a suit for church. He takes his jacket off and loosens his tie as he sits next to me.

“That was a stupid thing to say, I’m sorry.”

I look at him completely confused.

“What do you mean?”

He lets out a big sigh and runs his hand through his thick black hair.

“Thank you for your corooperation, I can’t believe I said that.”

“It’s ok really, what are you supposed to say? Congradulations on your new shiny divorce?”

My eyes fill with tears as the weight of what just happens sinks in.

“Please don’t cry, can I get you something, water maybe?”

“You’ll have to excuse me Ms. Parker this is my first divorce.”

“Mine too.”

“Ok I think I just topped my first winner of a line. I just meant I’m sorry that I’m handling this so badly. I wasn’t prepared for how detached he would be.”

“Yeah he’s really good at that. It seemed as though we were strangers didn’t it?”

He stares at the floor searches for the right words.

Numbness takes over as I take a second to really look at the young lawyer my now ex husband chose to end our marriage. He’s nothing that I would have expected, not that I know many lawyers. He’s not confident or slick with his words. He seems kind of out of place in a way like he would rather be doing anything else.

His suit looks like he bought it at Sears. Leave it to Kyle probably the cheapest attorney he could find.

His voice is very calm and soft and his eyes, I’m not sure if I have ever seen that color before in my life.

Oh my god. What the hell am I doing? I have to get out of here.

I stand up so quickly I startle him and he jumps up nervously.

“Ms. Parker?”

“I have to go, thank you for being so nice. I umm …I have to go now.”

My heart is pounding as I walk as fast as I can to the first door I see.

Fuck, a closet he must think I’m a total basket case, god get me out of here.

Suddenly I feel his hand gently resting on the curve of my back. His whisper calms me for a moment as I feel the warmth of his hand on my body.

“It’s this door, just take a right and you’ll find your way out.”

I keep walking feeling like a complete idiot as my mind races.

As I step off the curb I’m absolutely oblivious to the cars rushing by the busy city street.

In the distance I can hear my name being called but I just want to go home. I need to go home.

First I hear the blaring sound of the car horn and the screech of the brakes and then I feel his hands on me.

From out of nowhere I am pulled back Just in time and find myself resting inside his warm chest. His arms are tightly wrapped around my waist as if he’s afraid to let go. I can feel his heart pounding against my back and his breath in my ear.

We stay this way for a couple of seconds as the man in the car slows down to yell some obscenities at me.

I can’t remember the last time I felt someone touch me this way, I close my eyes hoping for just a few more seconds of his strong arms around me when slowly he releases me and backs away.

“Are you ok?”

If you call never sleeping and constantly crying ok then yeah I’m fine.

“Yeah I’m fine. I’m sorry I didn’t see … I should’ve … I have to go.”

Fuck…I have to get out of here.

“Thanks.”

I look back quick to see him still standing in the same spot looking confused and out of breath.

He starts to say something but I can’t hear him over the noise of the cars rushing by. I smile quickly and run to my car.

My hands are shaking so bad I can barely put the key in the ignition. Without even looking behind me I pull out of the parking space and speed home.

Sitting in my driveway I’m looking at the house that we shared. One more week and some other family will be living here.

Everything in my life is different now and I’m left wondering if the emptiness I feel will ever go away.

I close my eyes as the tears begin.

Then suddenly he is there. I couldn’t get him out of my mind even if I wanted to. With his kind amber eyes looking straight through me, and his presence surrounding me holding me close I can’t shake the imprint he has left on me.

This is ridiculous what the hell am I thinking? As I step out of the car the cold November air hits me hard and I reach for my coat that isn’t there.

My coat. That’s what he was trying to tell me, that’s why he was outside.

What a fool I am. I’m sure I was just a pathetic girl he felt sorry for, felt obligated to comfort. I am such an idiot.

I laugh as I walk up the stairs remembering Kyle’s words as he told me it was over, the relief on his face, the happy expression of a man facing freedom.

I’m done with you’

Four simple words, who knew they could hurt so bad?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max's Pov

“Mr. Evan’s?”

“Molly please call me Max you’ve known me since I was five years old.”

Whispering my very sweet secretary sits next to me as I cutch her coat in my hands.

“I know but your father insists that we address you in a professional manner. He’s very proud of you.”

Yeah as long as I follow the plan, he proud, I wonder what he'd think of me if he knew how badly I hated this.

“Do you mind if I give you a piece of advice Max?”

“Of course Molly, like you need to ask.”

Molly has been with my father as long as I can remember, she basically handles his life for him. He has no idea how lost he’d be without her, how or why she puts up with him I’ll never know.

“Max I don’t think it’s good for you to get personally involved in your cases.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Come on Max I’ve seen the way you look at her, I bet you let her walk out of here without her coat so you had an excuse just to see her again.”

“Molly I ran after her I tried to…damn am I that transparent?”

“Like glass, but you’ve got the sweetest heart I’ve ever seen and that’s why I love you now give me that coat and I’ll make sure she gets it.”

“It’s no bother Molly she lives right by me. I can do it.”

“Max.”

I can see her pleading with me through her horn rimmed glasses to let this go, but I can’t. I have to see her again.

“Whoa look at the time! Don’t I have to be in court for the Rannish case at two?”

“You’re asking to get hurt Max, she just got divorced.”

I give her a kiss on the cheek and assure her that everything will be fine as I rush out the door.

As I drive to the courthouse I think of Molly’s warning, but it’s too late I have to see her again.

I need to see her again.

~~~~~~~~

Ok for anyone who is about to read the next fb's before my Author's note they probably won't make any sense. They are responses to a story that was previously here. If you read my note you'll understand. I am very sorry for the confusion and especially to POM, destinyc,begonia9508, Morning Dreamgirl, Clash , keepsmiling7, booboo, and garcia88. I seriously appreciate your fb to the story that was here. thank you so much. :oops:
Carrie
Last edited by jake17 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:06 pm, edited 29 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 2 11/25/08

Post by jake17 »

destinyc
Lena
angelina
begonia9508
Jan
martine
IheartMax
sara
L-J-L 76
dreamer19
tinie38
Emz80

Thank you so much for the sweet fb everyone!! :D

Chapter 2.

Liz’s Pov

“Maria you don’t have to stay.”

“Don’t be ridiculous, I should’ve went with you today. I knew he was going to be an asshole.”

As I pull the packing tape over another box I sit down exhausted on the couch and sigh.

“He was just being Kyle. I wouldn’t have expected anything less.”

I look up at my friend. She’s struggling to find the right words to comfort me. She loves me I know this. If not for my friends I wouldn’t have even survived being married to Kyle. I owe them so much. The least I can do is pretend that I’m all right; she’s been worrying too much about me lately.

Plastering an obvious fake smile on my face I pull her down to sit on the couch with me.

“I have something to tell you, something good to tell you!”

Maria’s face lights up so relieved at my sudden turn of emotion and just like that I know I’ve done the right thing.

“Oh my god! I can feel another Liz story coming on, the craziest things happen to you! Tell me!”

My eyes light up as I begin to describe the very sweet caring attorney that consoled me. I know that Maria will love this story and will probably be hatching up a plan to get in touch with him again by the time I end my sentence.

“Was he cute?”

“Cute doesn’t begin to describe him. His is just …beautiful Maria.”

Maria is shaking my shoulders and we are instantly transformed into our former sixteen-year-old screeching hysterical teenagers.

“Tell me everything!!”

Maria is about to jump out of her skin as she enthusiastically pours us some wine, the only thing that hasn’t been boxed up in my barren house.

“Well, he’s got black hair, thick black hair that is kind of long on top and hanging in his eyes-

“You love that!!!”

“I know!”

I love my Maria. Already I feel better.

“That’s not the best part though, the best part is his eyes. He has the sweetest eyes that are the most amazing color almost like honey, and his voice, oh my god; it’s all low and soft. It’s so damn sexy and Maria he doesn’t have a clue, I can tell it’s all genuine, he has no idea how incredibly …what is the word?”

“Sultry!”

“YES! He is very sultry”

Maria always knew what I was thinking, most of the time before I did.

“But wait till you hear what happened!”

“What!”

Maria was filling my glass and impatiently waving me to continue.

I loved launching into these stories with her it always made dealing with Kyle so much easier, the life I made in my head was always so much better.

“Well, you know how I get when Kyle…well he was right there so sweet trying to comfort me. There I was ending my marriage, the most traumatic time of my life and all I can see is those sexy amber eyes staring at me. It was unnerving Maria.”

“Hmm sounds horrible."

Laughing at Maria's rolling eyes I continue.

“Wait it gets better, of course I started to get very overwhelmed …like I do and I just ran out. I was thinking of Kyle I was so upset I walked across the street without looking. I didn’t even see the car coming, before I knew it I felt these arms around me pulling me back…it was him.”

“Shut up!”

“I swear to god, I can’t explain it Maria, I mean you know Kyle was never affectionate, never gentle. I can’t tell you how it felt to have his arms around me like that –

“Ms Parker? Are you home?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max’s Pov

She’s not alone. What if there is some guy with her?

Looking at the powder blue little sports car I’m thinking it has to be one of her friends.

Oh god why am I so nervous. I’m just going to drop off her coat …and maybe talk to her, feel her out.

Max you can’t ask a girl out on the day she gets divorced. You also shouldn’t be talking to yourself. Good point.

Walking up the stairs to her door I feel my heart start to beat faster. Why am I so nervous? It’s a coat Max. You’re doing it again. Right, ok just knock on the door.

Fuck it opened. Damn it's wide open.

Shit…what do I do now?

“Wait you’re not going to believe what he did! Of course I started to get very overwhelmed …like I do, and I just ran out. I was thinking of Kyle… I was so upset I walked across the street without looking. I didn’t even see the car coming, before I knew it I felt these arms around me pulling me back…it was him.”

Oh my god.

“Shut up!”

I shouldn’t be listening to this.

This is wrong. I have to say something…shit.

“I swear to god, I can’t explain it Maria, I mean you know Kyle was never affectionate, never gentle. I can’t tell you how it felt to have his arms around me like that –

“Ms Parker? Are you home?”

“Yes, who is it?”

“It’s me Max, I-I mean Mr. Evans your umm lawyer.”

Wow I’m just a genius at the art of conversation. Yeah it’s a mystery why I’m alone.

Suddenly I see Liz and another girl appear looking nervous. Well Liz looks nervous, the other one looks like she’s going to explode.

“Mr. Evans what? Is everything ok? Did I forget to sign something?”

“No it’s nothing like that, you left your coat and I …well I live close so I thought-

“How thoughtful of you! I’m Maria, Liz’s friend, it’s nice to meet you.”

"I'm sorry Mr. Evans, please come in."

“That’s ok I don’t want to intrude on you’re plans.”

“Plans? There are no plans! In fact I was just leaving, I have to go… umm Michael, have to cook dinner for Michael that’s what I have to do! We just opened some wine, visit, Liz, I will talk to you tomorrow.”

“Maria wait.”

And just like that the bubbly blonde disappeared leaving us alone. Me alone, damn say something Max.

“Your house is really nice Ms. Parker.”

“Well thank you but in a week it won’t be mine anymore.”

Asshole.

“I did it again.”

I am relieved when her face lights up and she laughs out loud.

“I’m kind of getting used it. There’s just one thing that you’ve got to stop doing.”

Taking a glass of wine from her hand I nervously sit on the couch.

“Well I do appreciate you not calling me Ms.Valenti but I’m not Ms. Parker either, it sounds too much like your talking to my mom. Please just call me Liz.”

She tucks her hair behind her ears and sits down next to me and I just can’t stop staring. She’s beautiful and sweet and I can’t help thinking that Kyle just made the biggest mistake of his life.

“I think I can do that, if you call me Max.”

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 12/13/08

Post by jake17 »

begonia9508: Hi Eve! your right this is great for Max! thanks so much for reading this! :D
angelina: Hi sweeite hope you are doing good, thank you so much for your sweet comments! :D
destinyc: omg destiny thank you for liking the way Liz told her story to Maria, lets just say it's very true to life :wink: thank you so much for being here! :D
keepsmiling7: Hi!! Thank you so much for liking Max talking to himself! and for the bump! I really appreciate your fb! :D
Clash868: I'm so sorry for all the confusion! thank you so much for taking the time to read this one, i really am sorry! oh and please please update your fics Im dying for more! :D
martine: Hi sweetie! I love that you thought Max was funny, thank you so much for being here!! :D
Janetfl: omg Jan I just love your fb's your are so supportive you, you make me feel so much better! I instantly get happy when I see your enthusiastic replies! thank you so so much!! :D
ythaler: Hi my sweet Yatie, I'm thinking of you and hoping you are ok. Thank you so much for being here, I think your amazing!! :wink: :D
Hunter: Hey my precious Monica, yes I did start another one, I can't help it.. oh and Im up to 7 times seeing edward...I love your banner!! sigh!!!!! thank you sweetie!! :D

Chapter 3

Liz’s Pov

God I am sitting across from this gorgeous man and my life is a complete disaster. Of course he has to drop in while I am wearing my very attractive tee shirt and sweat pants ensemble.

Smiling nervously I go to tuck my hair again behind my ears only to realize that there are only a few strands to tuck… ponytail …lovely. I must look like I’m in the third grade.

This definitely calls for more wine.

Maybe the Merlot will give me some courage and I'll think of something brilliant to say.

“Are you sure I’m not keeping you from any plans with your girlfriend or something?”

Ok no suck luck with the brilliant conversation…damn wine.

“Umm w-well there is no …girlfriend. I mean I’m not involved at the moment with anyone.”

Nice Liz ask the extremely personal questions right up front, don’t try to hide that you’re insanely attracted to him …or just insane for that matter.

“So where will you be moving to?”

I look around at my boxes most of which will end up in Maria’s basement due to my tiny living space.

“Oh I’ve rented a studio apartment across town, it’s cute if you don’t mind peeling wallpaper and Closter phobic spaces with green shag carpeting.”

Liz get off the pathetic divorcée highway before you scare him off. Why did I drink this wine? Change the subject must not talk about yourself right now you will only sound lonely and pitiful.

“So how long have you been a lawyer?”

“Actually I’ve just passed the bar, I’ve only handled a handful of cases so far.”

“Wow you would’ve never have known it, you were so professional and organized. You didn’t seem the least bit nervous.”

Liar.

I can see that I’ve struck a cord with him as he stands and looks out the big bay window that made me fall in love with this house to begin with.

“To tell you the truth I’ve never felt more uncomfortable in my life than when I’m in that office. It’s not my dream, it’s more like my fathers dream for me I guess you could say.”

“Let me get this straight you spent four years of college and three years of law school to live your fathers dream Max?”

Ok that wasn’t too invasive Liz. This wine is making me say things that should be safely tucked away in my lunatic mind.

“I’m so sorry Max I didn’t mean to insinuate that you –

“No actually you’re absolutely right, but you have to understand my dream isn’t exactly what your parents would feel proud to tell their friends about.”

“Do you mind me asking you what that is?”

He sits back down next to me and brushes my arm accidentally, I’m torn between feeling so bad because he looks so sad and remembering every detail of this so I can tell Maria.

“It’s stupid, a hobby really nothing I could make any serious money off of.”

Before I realize what I’m doing my hand is resting on his knee and I’m looking into those deadly beautiful amber eyes of his…friggin wine.

“Please tell me, I’d really like to know. I’m not exactly in the position to judge anyone here Max.”

“Well I-I play the piano, write music. It’s always been an escape for me, I guess you could call it my passion. Of course my father believes if I follow this particular path I’d end up playing for a bunch of drunks at a cheap hotel bar somewhere…he’s probably right.”

Ok that is so romantic I could just die, and if his voice gets any lower or more seductive I’m going to melt all over the furniture.

“I think that’s amazing Max. I’d love to hear you play sometime.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max’s Pov

I can’t believe I just told her that. Only three people in the world know about this and they are all in my family except for the Molly. How did she just get me to tell her my deepest secret? Maybe it’s those big sensitive brown eyes, or the adorable way she keeps biting her bottom lip.

Ok Max stop staring into her eyes your coming off like crazy stalker. Here’s your coat can I stare at you for hours and make you feel totally uncomfortable while I tell you about my unresolved father issues and my unfulfilled dreams.

I am such a dork.

“So since I’ve told you my darkest secret what about you Liz? Any dreams keeping you up at night?"

She's standing now and not that well, I can see from the empty bottle that her and Maria must’ve had more than a few. She looks so sad, why did I ask her that?

I watch as she reaches in a box marked xmas decorations and pulls out a snow globe. It’s got a cottage inside with Christmas wreaths on all the windows.

She turns it over several times and stares at the snow as it slowly falls. I just want to take her in my arms and hold her, she looks so alone in the world.

I almost jump when she starts to speak; I’m taken off guard by her soft whisper as she continues to cover the little house in snow.

“My dream. I guess I could sum it up with this story although I can’t believe I’m about to tell this, your going to think I am such a sap after you hear it.”

Without thinking I rest my hand on her knee with the pure intention of supporting her. I feel her tense and remove it quickly.

“Please I want to hear it.”

“Well it’s about my friend Maria. We met eleven years ago when I was engaged to Kyle. We used to work for the same doctor. We instantly became very close friends, she is just really amazing Max. Anyway I was this horrible cook and Maria was just incredible. She decided that since I was getting married I should learn. So every Monday I would come over and she would give me cooking lessons. You see her husband Michael would go out with the guys to watch Monday night football so it was perfect.”

“So did you learn how to cook?”

She starts to laugh and it’s the greatest laugh I’ve ever heard. She laughs with her whole body and her eyes just sparkle, her smile is making me melt.

“Did I learn to cook? No, you see what would end up happening is that I would drink and get her talking and she would end up doing all the cooking and I would learn nothing, but it was the best. We had so much fun Max.”

Suddenly her expression changes as she puts the snow globe down and pulls her knees up to her chest.

“You see one particular night it started to snow. Maria noticed it first and became all excited. I had no idea what was going on until the door opened and Michael came running in and scooped her up in his arms and carried her outside. I guess I should’ve stayed inside and minded my own business, not that they would’ve cared or even noticed. You see it was a tradition for them. On the first snow of the year Michael would come to her and kiss her outside under the falling white flakes. No matter where he was or what he was doing he would drop everything and find her, just to kiss her.”

Her eyes are filling with tears and I am at a loss as to what to say.

“It was the most romantic thing I have ever seen, I know it sounds stupid but that’s what I want, someone to think of me that way that they would drop everything to show me how important I was to them.”

I can clearly see that this has brought up some very painful memories for her and now she's embarrassed. I can't believe I made her cry.

What have I done?

“Max I’m sorry I just remembered that I have to go over my mothers for dinner and I’m really running late.”

Before I know it she has ushered me out the door. I blew it and now I don’t have an excuse to some back.

“I really appreciate you bringing me my coat. I’m sorry for my pathetic little breakdown.”

“No, Liz I think it’s a beautiful story and you-

“I’m sorry I have to go, thanks again Max.”

And there’s the door.

Sitting in my car I can’t get her sad beautiful eyes out of my mind.

I can’t imagine what he must’ve done to her.

As I drive down the road I am more determined than ever to make Liz realize that Kyle was wrong,

I guess Molly was right.

I am in love.
Last edited by jake17 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 5 1/27/09

Post by jake17 »

Emz80m
Monica
Lena
Keepsmiling7
Eve
angelina
Jan
destiny
Natalie36
Clash868
L-J-L 76
IheartMax
Alien614
sarammlover
roswell3053

thank you so much for your very sweet fb!!!

Chapter 4.

Liz’s Pov

January 27

I stare at the large red circle that is surrounding the day I have been dreading, I can’t help but get sentimental.

I can still remember Kyle rushing threw the door with a bottle of champagne and a huge smile on his face.

He was so proud. We called everyone and invited them over for our first weekend in the new house. I hold the calendar to my chest and sadly sigh as I recall the first night we spent in our new home.

I remember stepping out of the bathroom in very revealing black negligee being totally embarrassed. He always was telling me I wasn’t sexy enough, always complaining that I wasn’t normal, that ever other woman in the world did all the things that I wouldn’t even consider. I guess I never felt really safe or loved enough by him to open myself up that way when I think about it now but back then I just blamed myself.

I can still hear the phone ring as I stood there half naked being scrutinized by his judgmental eyes. Size six was just not cutting for him, he was always telling me I could stand to lose more.

I throw the calendar in a box marked miscellaneous as I picture him running out the door to party with his friends while I stood there feeling ridiculous and very much alone, an emotion that I’ve come to know very well over the years.

“Liz are you ready for the last load?”

I look up to see Michael holding the last big box in his hands with his face pressed against the window.

“I still have more here, why don’t you and Maria take what you have and I’ll grab the rest and meet you there.”

He nods and disappears leaving me completely alone in my house for the last time.

As I grab for my coat I’m reminded of Max and our last humiliating conversation where I poured my heart out. Why can’t I get it threw my thick skull that I talk too much, Kyle reminded me enough you think after years and years of his criticism I would remember.

After putting my gloves and scarf on I pick up the last of my belongings and head for the door when I see a familiar car outside.

Oh my god it’s Max.

I strain to try and see what he’s doing in his car but I can’t quite make it out. What the hell is he doing back here? I close my eyes and head out knowing it must be a paper I neglected to sign.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max’s Pov

Fuck it! Just go up to her door and tell her how you feel! So what if you made her cry and she probably never wants to see you again… you only live one Max.

I am convinced somehow that banging my head against the steering wheel is going to give me the courage to talk to her again. Damn why is this so hard! Why can’t I just be like my dad, why do I have to be such a spineless –

“Liz! Hi!”

Okay asshole it will probably help if you roll the window down so she can at least hear the idiot that hitting his head in the car.

“Max are you alright?”

“Me oh yeah … I just well I forgot to do something and I was…

“Helping yourself remember with force?”

Oh my god she has the cutest smile I have ever seen.

“Yeah well I …umm well I remembered that you were moving today and I was wondering if you could use some help. I brought food and some wine, I figured you wouldn't have a stocked refrigerator yet.”

Ok why is she just standing there? Damn the food was one step too much, now it looks like I’m asking for a date, shit!

“You want to help me?”

“Am I too late?”

“Late? Well actually Maria and Michael are there right now but why don’t you come over I’m kind of starving; the food was a great idea. Thank you Max.”

“Great I’ll just follow you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz’s Pov

I throw the rest of my junk in my car and stare at he road ahead of me.

I can’t believe he’s here! Ok just relax Liz you can do this just stay away from the wine you’ll be fine.

As I pull away from the curb I quickly call Maria because well lets face it I have to tell her everything that is going on in my life especially when beautiful men show up at my door step with food and wine and an offer to help me.

“Maria he’s here!”

“Who’s here!”

“Freakin Max! He showed up at my door with wine and food! He wanted to help me move, I guess I didn’t scare him away with your first snow kiss of the year story after all.”

“I told you! I have a feeling about this one Liz he’s a sensitive guy, he probably loves that mushy crap.”

“Maria what do I do? Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve been on a date? This is a date right? I mean wine constitutes as an official date right?”

“Definitely Liz, this is a date, please don’t panic!”

“Damn Maria I haven’t shaved my legs and I’m wearing my comfy underwear! What am I going to do!”

“Liz you didn’t let Kyle touch you for two weeks I think you’re perfectly safe with your hairy legs and big panties.”

“Maria I can’t do this, it’s too soon.”

“You can do this and you will do this or I will seriously have to kick your ass! Listen we just left your apartment. Just be yourself, your fun sweet normal self not your neurotic crazy self deprecating self.”

“Maria!”

“I’m only kidding! Listen there are a lot of people who love you for exactly who you are, for one night forget about that asshole and have some fun.”

“I’m so glad you have so much faith in me Maria.”

“Just call me as soon as he leaves, I don’t care what time it is I want to know what happens.”

“We’re here already shit Maria, ok I’ll call you later… thank you.”

“No need I love you sweetie.”

As soon as I turn the ignition off I jump surprised as my door opens. Wow Kyle never opened my door for me.

Without even asking my stuff is in his hands and he is standing there waiting to follow me up to my embarrassing new abode

God please help me through this night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max’s Pov

We walk into her new place and my heart just sinks. It’s so bare so cold. I have to make her feel better tonight. I have to get her mind off of this.

“So are you ready for some wine?”

I see her hesitate for a second before reaching into the box that's in my arms and pulling out her corkscrew.

“I’d love some.”

I look around for some glasses but her cabinets are bare.

“I have glasses around here somewhere I just …have no idea where.”

“Oh wait I think I found something.”

I pull out two Hard Rock café glasses from her miscellaneous box, one that reads Cancun and one Boston.

She laughs as she takes them from me and washes them in the sink.

“Max why don’t you bring the food over to the couch I’ll be right there.”

I spread out three deli grinders and some potato salad praying that I picked something that she liked.

After a long conversation about our childhood and deceased pets I reach for the wine and empty the last of it into her Cancun beer mug.

“So are you going to fill me in on the story behind this?”

Her eyes grow sad as she becomes instantly silent.

Shit I did it again.

“Liz if it’s –

I pause as her hand finds mine and she leans into me.

“No, it’s fine, no big deal. I got it on my honeymoon.”

Fuck me I did it again.

Say something fast.

I’m not sure if it was the wine or the way her fingers wrapped around mine but I found myself needing desperately to kiss her.

“Liz I am so sorry for what you’re going through. I feel … I mean I have… feelings for you that –

My words are interrupted by the sweet taste of her mouth as she surprises me with a awkward unexpected kiss.

Before I know it my hands are laced through her hair and her soft body is underneath me against the couch.

This is happening too fast. I wanted it to be romantic and special, she deserves more after what she’s been through. After a huge argument with myself I pull away and walk towards her sliders opening them welcoming the cold air.

“Max is something wrong?”

Just then I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. It’s a text from Molly.

Don’t do it Max
Ur going to get hurt

I fold my phone and shove it back in my pocket wondering how the hell she learned to text in the first place.

After a few deep breaths I sit back down with Liz. She looks so embarrassed.

“Max… I thought … I’m sorry-

Slowly I brush her hair away from her face and cup her cheek in my hand.

“Liz I have never wanted to kiss someone more in my entire life.”

“Then why?”

“I think we should take this slow, I want to take you out, I want to show you how you deserve to be treated. I want you to feel special…as special as you are to me.”

Christ did that even make sense?

“You want to take me out?”

“Tomorrow night there's big charity ball, the whole firm is invited, I have to go my father is expecting me. It's at the Roxbury room, it's beautiful there, please come with me Liz.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

As I get in my car my phone goes off again. It’s Molly, without looking at the message I throw the phone on my seat and drive home.

Molly's wrong ...I know in my gut she's wrong.
Last edited by jake17 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 5 2/14/09

Post by jake17 »

Lena
roswell3053
Keepsmiling7 x2
destiny
angelina
Jan
Eve
Queen Fee
Clash868

Thank you for all your amazing fb! Carolyn I saw your bump and I got inspired. thank you again :wink:

I recently got into a car accident and am having problems with my hand, so please excuse all my mistakes.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE !

Chapter 5.

Later on that night...

Liz’s Pov

“Maria what the hell am I going to wear? How am I supposed to act in front of his father and all those stuffy lawyers? I have no idea what to say or do, I’m going to look like an idiot!”

“First of all you’re going to stop talking a million miles a minute and breathe. Just stay with me on the phone and we’ll sort all this out … this is a good thing Liz. I know you’re not used to good things happening to you but this is definitely a good thing.”

“But –

“No buts, he’s a sweet heart and he definitely likes you. He’s not going to care if you don’t know which fork to use. You’re worrying for nothing. Tomorrow you’ll come over and try on some of my dresses. I can get you in with Jessica my hairdresser she owes me. I’ll do your make up, you’ll be gorgeous everything will work out I promise.”

“Maria he’s here!”

“What?”

“He’s knocking on the door maybe he changed his mind about …you know… shit what do I do?

“You open the door and have at it Liz, do I need to draw you a diagram?”

“Maria oh my god, ok I’ll call you as soon as he leaves, love you bye.”

My heart is pounding as I open the door. My excitement is quickly turned to shock when I find an inebriated Kyle staring back at me.

Without explanation he has me pressed up against the wall and slams the door shut with his foot.

“Kyle what-

My sentence is cut off as he crashes his lips against mine.

“Kyle no!”

A mixture of beer and cigar breath lingers in my mouth as he stumbles back.

He is clearly shocked that I have pushed him away.

All the old feelings come rushing back to me as he glares at me like I am nothing …like I am lucky he showed up to put his hands on me.

I instantly feel vulnerable and self-conscious as I look down at what I’m wearing. I run my hands threw my hair trying to make myself presentable for him. It’s amazing how he can still make me feel so small.

“What the hell was that for?”

“Kyle what are you doing here?”

Once again his hands are on me trying his best to remove my clothes.

I know why he’s doing this. As he paws at me with his rough hands I am reminded of all the times I gave into him. It’s horrible what you'll do just to feel something, when the pain of loneliness is just so intense that the touch of anyone is better than the cold empty feeling of nothing.

Kyle would stop in from time to time mostly in the middle of the night when I assume his girlfriend had kicked him out.

I remember the first time. It was a week after he moved out. I was devastated and lonely. He came in drunk, there was really no words spoken, it was just kind of understood. He wanted something from me and it would mean nothing.

I thought I could handle it but the second it was over I felt like someone had ripped my heart out. The worst was that he was smug enough to know that I would agree to this. Some nights I felt so insignificant I thought I would just disappear completely …or maybe I wished I would.

Just as these horrible thoughts were running threw my head and he was reaching for his cock Max flashed in my mind.

His kind warm smile was looking back at me and suddenly for some reason I felt that maybe I was worth more that this.

With strength that I didn’t realize I had I pushed Kyle so hard away from me he fell flat on his ass.

“You need to leave.”

“Are you fucking kidding me?”

“No.”

Suddenly an arrogant smile crossed his face as he pulled himself up from the ground.

“This is about that cheap ass lawyer I hired isn’t it?”

“What?”

A deep sarcastic laugh fell from his lips as he leaned into me looking at me up and down like a pathetic excuse for a human being.

“It’s a small town Liz, I know he’s been sniffing around you.”

“It’s not like that.”

“Are you fucking insane Liz? What the fuck do you think someone with his up bringing would want with someone’s leftover’s.’

My hand is shaking as I open the door hoping that he will leave. He knows me too well, knows just what to say to rip me apart.

His conceited grin widens as he shakes his head at me and grabs me between my legs.

“This is all your good for Liz, and to tell you the truth you weren’t all that great at that either.”

Tears stream down my face as I watch him stagger down the hall.

“What are you going to do when he finds out what your really like Liz? How long do you think it will be before he realizes he’s made the biggest mistake of his life.”

I shut the door and lean against it sobbing into my sleeve.

In five minutes Kyle has managed to bring to the surface all of the insecurities I feel with Max.

He knew exactly what I was feeling, precisely what I had been worried about all along.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was spent with Maria as she tried to reassure me that all of this was said because I rejected him but deep down inside I knew there was truth to Kyle’s harsh words.

I tried to smile as Maria’s friends did my nails and hair, but a knot was growing in my stomach the closer the time came to when I would be seeing Max.

I even thought of calling it off but I knew that Maria would never let me live it down.

We decided on a long fitted backless black gown that was very sexy but elegant at the same time.

I felt completely ridiculous like I was wearing a costume and everyone would see right through me.

“Please Michael she needs a guys opinion she won’t listen to me. How does she look.”

I put my hands on my hips and cocked my head to the side as his mouth fell open.

“Come on Michael this isn’t a joke.”

“I’m not laughing. Liz… you look gorgeous.”

“What do you think? Should we leave her hair down or put it up?”

“Down, down definitely …wow, don’t touch a thing. She looks perfect.”

~~~~~~~~~

Max’s Pov

I look down at the tux Molly picked out for me and close my eyes. I feel like a stuffed penguin. I was never able to pull the formal wear thing off, I always ended up looking like some nervous waiter who just dropped the main course all over someone.

I look down at the white roses and worry that it was the wrong choice. Red is the color of passion and romance. Why didn’t I listen to the florist? What the hell does white even stand for? Probably the color used for funerals …good job Max.

As I knock on the door I get this horrible feeling that this was a big mistake. My family can be rough in the best of circumstances. She will definitely feel judged tonight and that’s the last thing she needs right now.

“Max hi, remember me Maria? Of course you do! Come in and sit Liz will be right out.”

She’s right how could I forget Maria, she is hysterical and I can tell a good friend to Liz. She’s seems more nervous then I am as she introduces me to her husband.

“Michael it’s good to –

I’m left completely speechless as Liz steps out of from the hallway and shyly looks up at me.

I take a deep breath in as if I am about to say something but I can’t think of a good enough complement to give her. I have never seen anything so beautiful in my life, how do you put that into words?

Taking note of our current speech problem Maria takes the roses out of my hands and shows them to her before filling a vase with water and putting them on the kitchen table.

“Aren’t they beautiful Liz? And your favorite, white roses!”

She looks at me stunned and smiles while pointing at Maria.

“She told you, that was very nice of you-

“I didn’t say a word Liz.”

I can see Maria grab Michael out of the corner of my eye and walk towards the door.

“Well you two have a great time, Liz call me tomorrow.”

We both jump hearing the door shut.

“Liz you look –

“I feel stupid I never wear clothes like this.”

I’m bewildered by her insecurity and take her hands in mine.

“You have no idea how incredibly beautiful you are do you?”

Her eyes fall to the floor as her cheeks flush.

“Come on let’s go. I can’t wait to walk into the party with the prettiest girl in the world on my arm.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 6 4/4/09

Post by jake17 »

darkmoon
keepsmiling x2
Lena
Monica
angelina x2
destiny
Jan
Eve
roswell3053
extingman
clash868

thank you so much for your very sweet fb! I really appreciate all the concern about my accident, you are all so nice to me!

angelina and carolyn thank you so much for wanting more of this~ this update is here because of you!

chapter 6

Liz’s Pov

Walking into the grand ballroom I couldn’t feel more out of place. Why I let Maria talk me into wearing this gown I’ll never know. Everyone’s dressed in incredibly conservative dresses and suits. He must be so embarrassed.

I still can’t believe he wanted me here. All I can do is pray that his father is too busy with his business associates to bother with some girl his son decided to bring at the last minute.

As if he can feel my nerves his hand slips into mine as we step into the dim lighting and classical music filled hall. The room is lined with men surrounded by thick cigar smoke and women who have permanent expressions of shock and awe on their face from too much botox.

I watch as they wave their martini glasses around obviously gossiping about their latest victim. My blood turns cold as I spot a tall blonde woman staring directly at me. She is much younger than the diamond clad sixty something’s that are hovering near the bar.

No she was different. Groomed from birth I can only assume. Sophisticated beyond her years, Ivy League educated, perfect in everyway. She is standing in a very understated black dress. Her hair is pulled into a bun, she is the picture of class, and she is glaring at me as if I had stolen something that clearly belongs to her.

The gaggles of women that are surrounding her are not shy about pointing in my direction as they roll their eyes and laugh. Only she is not laughing. No she is dead serious and intimidating the hell out of me.

Swallowing hard I look up at Max to inquire who this woman is when I am shocked by the appearance of an older man who has made his way quite quietly up to us.

With a tumbler of scotch in one hand and a cigar in the other my fears of the mysterious blonde is suddenly replaced by incredible anxiety as this man gives me an inquisitive discerning stare.

Max lets go of my hands and protectively slips it around my waist pulling me close to him as he shifts uncomfortably like a boy who has been caught sleeping in church.

“Maxwell, aren’t you going to introduce me to your …friend?”

I can feel how uncomfortable and brave Max is trying to be and realize that this must be his father. I suddenly feel like the bad girl he brought home to rebel against his family. The town trash in a John Hughes movie that breaks out into tears in front of the rich snobs and goes home crying to the boy next store who loves her for exactly who she is...only there is no boy next door for me.

I might as well be wearing the sewn together pink prom dress Molly Ringwall wore in Pretty in Pink. Accept I feel like the slut from the wrong side of the tracks not the poor
Kid.

“Father this is my date Miss. Elizabeth Parker.”

Although I wish the floor would open up and swallow me whole, I raise my hand up to shake his thinking this is the proper thing to do. A small chuckle escapes from his thin lips as he scans me up and down and looks back in the direction of his son.

Ignoring me he puts his hand firmly on Max’s shoulder and directs him into a small room.

“Don’t worry Miss…. Parker this will only take a moment.”

All I can see is several leather chairs and a large fireplace with large clouds of misty cigar smoke swirling around balding heads as Max disappears from view.

I nervously pull the black silk wrap tightly over my shoulders as I try to hide the low cut inappropriate cleavage that is showing.

I quietly plan my exit speech in my head so I would be able to say it to Max without hesitation.

Let’s see a headache that always works, or I can say something is wrong with Maria and she needs me. I can only imagine what his father is saying to him right now. I feel horrible for him.

Lost inside my lies that I am practicing I didn’t see the graceful exquisite blonde approach me. I think the word is blindsided.

“Christina Crawford.”

I look up at the silky voice that reminds me of that kind of snake that warns you with a shake of its rattle before striking you dead.

“L-Liz Parker…umm are you friends with Max?”

A patronizing smile raises her red lips. It’s almost as if I am amusing her on a very boring night.

“Fiancé actually …which leads me to the question …who exactly are you?”

Shock stills my heart as tears fill my eyes. No this can't be happening.

“I … I really have to go.”

As fast as I can manage in this ridiculous tight dress and high heels I run out the door into the pouring rain.

Frantically I search for a cab as my tears stream down my face.

How could I have been so stupid, Kyle was right, everything he said was right.

After finally flagging a cab down I sigh with a mixture of relief and dread when I see my apartment building.

My new dismal tiny studio apartment that more than ever was an exact statement of who I was at the moment, very small and insignificant, I was Kyle’s reject nothing more, at least I was familiar with my role.

~~~~~~~~~

Max’s Pov

My heart drops as I watch my father dismiss Liz’s attempt to shake his hand. Why did I expect anything from him, I should know better then to think he could be a human being for one night.

As I struggle to move away from him and tell Liz how sorry I am, I feel his hand on my shoulder and hear his alcoholic threats in my ear.

“We can do this the easy way or the hard way Maxwell. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be embarrassed in front of your... friend.”

“Dad please she doesn’t know anyone here I can’t leave her, we can talk tomorrow-

Knowing full well that he can make this situation worse I allow him to push me into the smoky room and watch as the door closes. I pray that she will understand once I explain how insane my father is and how I would never purposely leave her this way.

“Ok dad you have my attention what is so dire?”

I step back as his booming voice excapes from his furious red face.

“Do you hate me so much that you feel the need to embarrass me on tonight of all nights Max?”

“How am I embarrassing you?”

He shakes his head as he clenches his teeth in anger.

“This was the night that I was going to announce your engagement to Christina Max, you knew this! Are you trying to destroy everything I worked so hard for?”

I can’t believe my ears.

“Dad I told you that was never going to happen! I don’t love Christina, no matter how it affects the merger of the most successful law firms in the state of Connecticut! I don’t love her! I am not going to marry her!”

Suddenly I feel several eyes on us as a hush takes over the room. I have no doubt that if my father could kill me in this moment and get away with it he would.

Molly appears out of nowhere and begins to calm him down with talk of some Senator that wishes to discuss a case. We exchange looks that makes it clear to me that he is not going to let this go.

Thoughts of what Liz must be thinking rush into my head as I whisper my gratitude into Molly’s ear and run to find her.

As if this night couldn’t get any worse I fall right into Christina’s arms.

“Excuse me Christina but have you seen my date. Beautiful brunette, black dress?”

Crossing her arms in front of her she cocks her head to the side and glances at her nails as if she’s bored.

“If you mean the crass, short, cheap girl who ran out of here crying …then yes.”

“Shit.”

Pushing Christina aside I run outside and look frantically for her.

Standing behind me Molly hands me an umbrella which I wave away.

“Max honey I know that your fathers thinking is archaic to say the least but what did you expect would happen by bringing her here?”

"I don't know Molly maybe I was thinking for once he would see that I have my own life, I just want him to see me for me not some manufactured clone of himself that he can order around. To tell you the truth I wanted this night to be about Liz. She deserved to be treated special, and now I can only imagine what she's feeling. I'm sorry Molly but I have to find her."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz’s Pov

I know I should take off this dress but I can’t seem to move. As I sit on my couch I watch as the droplets of water fall from my damp hair.

Shivering from my cold wet body I wrap my arms around myself and continue to cry.

Why did I have to meet him… why did I have to fall in …love? Like what I’ve gone through with Kyle wasn’t enough.

How could he do this … wait, this is not him, maybe there is some explanation. Max would never do this.

As I reach for my phone I hear a knock on my door. It’s him… it’s him and he’s going to explain everything.

Slowly I stand as I attempt to smooth my wet hair away from my face.

“Come in.”

I back away as I watch him stumble past the doorway. I watch as he sways back and forth, it's obvious he's drunk and from the tone of his voice...looking for something.

“Home so early?”

Oh my god …no …not now.

~~~~~~~~~~

Max's Pov

As I run down her hall I see that her door is open. Thank god she's home. I can't wait to explain everything ...I need to tell her how I feel ...how she's given me the courage to stand up to my father. How she's changed my whole life.

She needs to know that I've fallen in love with her.
Last edited by jake17 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 6 4/4/09

Post by jake17 »

Hello everyone! thank you so much for you very sweet fb!!

I do have to thank Chaz (Clash868) .. omg the fact that you are whinning :) :wink: for an update from me just blows me away! wow... thank you so much!! I still can't believe you read my little fics! I think your writing is just outstanding!!

and Carolyn you asked about Incongnito, the story I was writing with lena... unfortunately she needed to put that story aside for now. It's in the dead and buried. I think they're might be hope of bringing out someday but i'm not sure. I really loved writing with her so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
thank you sweetie for asking and the great fb and bumps for this story and for always being so supportive of my fics! Your simply amazing!! :D

Jan: what can I say? you're incredible in everyway and I love you sweetie!! thank you so much for everything.
Natalie: you know I love love ur fb.. thank u for always being here.
Dalestateshorty: you are incredibly sweet!!! thank you so so much for ur incredible fb!
and bumps.
angelina: always need you here cheering me on.. your the best sweetie thank you!
Eve: yes his father is an ass. and I'm afraid your really going to hate Kyle after this.. thanks so much!
darkmoon: I do make her life miserable don't I ? lol.. I wonder why??? :wink: love you to pieces sweetie.. thank you for being here
destiny: a break will be coming soon destiny..lol thank you so much for ur fb sweetie!
mirae01: try not to be too hard on Max yet.. not all the details have been revealed yet. and I don't think its too late for liz.. love has a way of healing the worst wounds.. thank you so much for you opinion! I really appreciate it!!

Chapter 7.

Liz’s Pov

In all of two seconds Kyle has me up against the wall with his hands securely on my breasts.

This night could really not get any worse.

Pain is ripping through my heart as I continually hear that woman speak the words that burn through me. Fiancé... he’s my fiancé.

“Kyle no! Get off of me!”

“Oh come on I thought you’d need a little consoling after tonight.”

Humiliation covers my face as my tears spill over my cheeks.

He brings his mouth up to my neck and I can smell the alcohol against my skin.

“I told you that world would never accept you. You’re white trash no matter what clothes you wear or who’s arm you’re hanging off of there’s no disguising what you really are.”

“Kyle just get out!”

Suddenly I feel him slip his hand inside my dress and squeeze my breast. I can’t believe this is happening. No matter how drunk Kyle has been he has never forced himself on me.

All at once my fear turns to panic as I begin to scream feeling the enormous strength he has over me.

“No! Please don’t do his Kyle!”

“All you are is a whore Liz and right now that’s what I need, a dirty little whore.”

I try hard to knee him in the groin but miss and fall to the ground. I watch in horror as he slams the door behind him and locks it.

I look around for some sort of weapon still in disbelief that this is really happening to me.

“Somebody please help me!!”

“Liz?”

With a sudden hit to the jaw I am left dazed as Kyle lays on top of me and lift my dress up.

Oh god please don’t let this happen.

As I fall in and out of consciousness I feel the weight of his body lifted off of me.

In a distance I hear yelling but can’t make out who is there. Maybe a neighbor heard me.

I see a blur of a struggle in front of me and can hear load noises before everything goes quiet.

I feel the material of my dress pulled down before I’m lifted up into someone’s strong arms and carefully carried to the bed.

As my eyes focus on the sweet concerned handsome face of Max Evans I let loose all my emotions and begin to sob.

~~~~~~

Max Pov

My heart begins to beat hard as I hear what sounds like Liz screaming …what the hell is going on?

Just as I reach the door it slams in my face but not before I see a glimpse of Kyle Valenti.

Then I hear something that makes my blood run cold.

“Somebody please help me!”

Furiuosly I slam my fist on the door.

“Liz?”

I bang as hard as I can but hear no response.

Seeing a fire extinguisher on the wall I grab it and begin to smash the door several times before the cheap wood splits open enough for me to reach in and unlock it.

The sight before me is almost too much for me to handle.

Grabbing Kyle by the back of the neck I pull him off Liz and slam his head against the counter.

I can tell by the way he smells and the slurring pf his words that he’s stinking drunk.

That doesn’t stop my rage as I look down and see Liz’s obviously hurt with her dress pulled above her waist and her panties down to her knees.

I pull his half unconscious body up from the counter and punch him a few more times in the jaw before throwing him out the door.

I watch as he stumbles on the ground in pain and lower my head to his.

“If you ever go anywhere near Liz again your going to wish for death. Do you understand me?”

Quickly he nods as he stubbles away down the hallway.

I know I should’ve called the cops but all I can think of is getting Liz to a hospital.

Running back in I cover her and carry her to her bed.

God this is all my fault. I never should’ve left her alone. If I had just stayed with her instead of going off with my father none of this would’ve ever happened.

I run to get the phone and a cool wash cloth to rest it against her jaw when I see her beautiful eyes open.

My heart breaks as she wraps her arms around me and sobs into my chest.

“Shh it’s ok now… he’s gone. You’re safe now.”

“Oh my god Max he almost … he…”

“I know, don’t worry I’m calling the police right now and then I’m going to get you to a hospital.”

I watch as her eyes widen with fear and desperation as she pleads with me not to call the police.

”Please Max I can’t go through all that tonight. I-I don’t want anyone to know…please Max please!”

“Shh …ok but you have to go get checked out. You’re already starting to bruise and there’s swelling.”

I hold her in my arms and brush her tears away as she convinces me that she doesn’t need a doctor.

“Just please stay with me Max… please just stay with me tonight.”

After giving her some clothes to change into and some hot tea she finally begins to calm down.

Still in my tux minus the jacket and shoes I’m lying in bed with her holding her in my arms.

The slightest movement and I feel her grasp onto my arm as if she’s afraid I’m going to leave.

Looking down at my bloody fists I’m amazed that I actually hit him. I’ve never hit anyone in my life. In fact I was usually the one getting hit in high school. Then again I’ve never wanted to hurt someone as much as I did tonight.

Holding her there stroking her hair there was no doubt in my mind.

My father, the firm, Christina they could all go to hell.

This is where I belonged.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 8 6/26/09

Post by jake17 »

Clash868
angelina
ginger
Eve
jessah x2
Natalie
destiny
darkmoon
Caroyln x2
Ms_BuffyAnneSummers
Jan

Thank you so so much for all your sweetfb!!!

Chapter 8.

Liz’s Pov

As my eyes drift open the first thing I notice is a sharp throbbing pain coming from my jaw.

Curled in a ball I carefully lift Max’s arm off of me and slip out of the bed.

Looking back at him Kyle’s words begin to ring true. He is so different from me. There is no way this could ever work. A girl from the south side could never fit in with the elite country club family that has been a permanent fixture in this community for generations.

My heart ached as I gazed at this sweet face. He belonged with someone who knew how to be a good wife, someone who could head charity committees and bake brownies for church picnics all while looking fabulous.

I was lucky if I could manage to get through a day without causing a major disaster.

As I looked into the bathroom mirror it all became crystal clear. Gone was the elegant woman who walked into that glorious ball room on his arm last night. Cinderella had turned into what she really was a fumbling mess of a pumpkin.

Grabbing a washcloth I run it under the cool water and attempt to get rid of the caked mascara that lines my face tracing the many tears I cried last night.

Slowly I began to brush my matted hair that is full of knots from being up in pins and half way pulled out last night.

I wince as my fingers brush over the purplish bruise that is spreading across my swollen jaw.

I was a mess.

I am a mess.

Closing my eyes the realistic girl inside me knows that he is going to end it.

I’m sure by now he has realized how much of an outsider I am. How difficult I would make everything for him.

I close my eyes and prepare for his words that will break my heart. He is a gentleman and an incredibly sweet guy, that’s why he stayed with me but surly in the light of day he is going to see just how wrong we are for each other.

“Does it hurt much?”

Holding my robe tight around my body I turn quickly as a look of terror covers my face.

Max reaches for me and pulls me in tight while whispering softly in my ear.

“Liz oh my god …I’m so sorry I should’ve known better than to surprise you that way after last night.”

Needing to feel his strong arms wrapped around me I burrow into his chest and hide my face with my long hair. I know how horrible I look; he must be mortified by this entire situation.

First I completely embarrass him at the most important function of the year then my drunken ex husband attacks me in a jealous rage. I couldn’t be anymore white trash if I tried.

God I just want to feel his warmth his loving heart just a little while longer.

Please just so I can remember.

~~~~~`

Max Pov

I can hear her in the bathroom; I wish I had a clue what to say or how to even begin.

I can’t imagine what she must be feeling right now. She must hate me for not running after her sooner.

If I had only been a few minutes faster I would’ve been there in time. I could’ve saved her …I could’ve prevented her from getting hurt.

I cringe as I think back to that horrible dance. She must hate me.

I should’ve told her about Christina about my father and his plans for me.

I just couldn’t imagine how she would still respect me after knowing that I couldn’t even stand up to my own father.

I left her there with those horrible people. I caved into my fathers intimidating orders.

Story of my life, everything good I’ve just let slip threw my hands. My music, my dreams, any sense of who I really am and now …Liz.

I know she’ll want nothing to do with me now and I can’t say that I blame her.

Who would want to be associated with a family of such egotistical callous snobs?

I don’t want to scare her but I have to know if she’s ok.

As I approach the bathroom I can see her brushing her hair. My god she’s even more beautiful with no make up and her hair loose and natural around her face.

I wish I could take it all away. Those horrible people the nightmare of Kyle’s attack. I promised her an amazing night and I couldn’t even save her when she needed me.

I know she’s going to want me to leave but I have to make sure she’s all right and most of all I have to try and talk her into pressing charges against Kyle. I have to convince her to get a restraining order so he can never come near her again.

“Does it hurt much?”

God what an idiot I am I scared her half to death.

I pull her into my arms praying that she wont pull away. I need to hold her, to smell her hair, to touch her skin…god I’m going to miss her.

“Liz oh my god …I’m so sorry I should’ve known better than to surprise you that way after last night.”

Oh god please don’t let this be a joke. My pulse is racing as she snuggles against my chest. I hold her as tight as I can as I fall deeper and deeper in love with every second that goes by.

I slowly walk her over to the kitchen table and search her cabinets for some tea.

“Liz I know you’ve been through a horrible ordeal but we need to talk.”

I stand at the stove still in my ridiculous penguin suit waiting for the water to boil searching for the right words to persuade her to go to the police.

Carefully I pour the steaming water into a tourist Mug of Maine that has a big Moose head with antlers for a handle. Not exactly fitting for the serious conversation I am about to attempt but with half her stuff still unpacked it was the best I could do.

As I put it down in front of her I notice that she is trying desperately to not make eye contact with me. She’s looking straight down at the table while her hair falls all around her face acting like a curtain blocking me out.

She can’t even bare to look at me.

Sitting across from her I begin to fiddle with a stay thread from the blue and yellow placemat that’s full of sunflowers.

I hate that it’s so cheery. I’m about to lose the best thing that ever happened to me and I don’t need giant sunflowers mocking me.

Max your angry with a placemat …pull it together asshole.

Taking a deep breath I being my speech that I’ve been rehearsing all night while she laid sleeping in my arms.

“Liz I’m so sorry.”

Her voice breaks my heart, it’s so weak and broken I can’t help feeling like this is all my fault.

“You don’t have to be. I understand.”

“Liz that’s sweet of you to say, but you don’t have to be polite. It’s ok you can say what you feel.”

I watch helplessly as tears begin to fall from her big brown eyes that are still mostly hidden under the weight of her wavy beautiful hair.

Then she says the words that break my heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz's Pov

“Max maybe it’s better if you just leave.”

I know he’s trying to comfort me but just knowing he has a fiancé that there is some gorgeous refined woman waiting out there for him is too much for me.

“Well if that’s what you want.”

“No Max it’s what I need.”

I painfully watch as he walks towards the door like a little boy who has been sent to his room.

I tell myself that I’m making it easier for him this way. That he’s better off with someone who can fit into his world.

Suddenly I’m surprised as he makes his way back to the table and takes my hands in his.

I try to shy away from his face but he tucks my hair in back of my ear and lifts my chin up to look at him.

“Liz I know you must hate me for last night and everything I put you through… I’m so sorry Christina told you lies about us being engaged and I will never forgive myself for not getting here in time to save you from him,. For all those reasons I deserve your anger but Liz what Kyle did to you –

I sit back and hold my hand up in the air stopping his speech and shake my head back and forth as I try to process what he just said to me.

“Wait a second. Max… why do you have it in your head that I hate you…especially when it’s you who’s trying to break up with me.”

Now it was Max’s turn to give the look of confusion.

“Break up with you? I don’t want to break up with you! You want to end it with me!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max’s Pov

My heart pounds furiously against my stiff white shirt as I shake my head back and forth.

“Liz I love you… I don’t want to break it off. I’ve spent all night trying to find the right words to get you to forgive me.”

I watch as she falls back into her chair and stares at me as if I had just spoken Chinese to her.

“What did you just say?”

“Liz please forgive me. There is an explanation for Christina, my father planned all of this I will never marry her. -

I stop rambling hopelessly as she holds her hand up again and waves it away from her as if to tell me to back up.

“No not that part Max, the part about how you. …Feel about me.”

I sigh and gaze at her holding my hand up to my heart.

“Oh about that.” Slowly I walk over to her and pull her up out of the chair.

I cup her lovely face in my hands and try to catch my now shaky voice.

“Liz I love you…and I know my family is horrible and I know no reasonable person would put up with all the lunatics that –

My words are once silenced as Liz softly presses her lips against my mouth.

I don’t understand what’s happening here but for once I’m just going to go with it. I’m exactly where I want to be and I’m not going to screw it up this time.

Suddenly she pulls away wincing and holding her jaw.

“Liz are you ok?”

“I’m fine …it’s just a little sore.”

“So you don’t think you’d be better off with someone with your upbringing, someone cultured …someone that can give you exciting conversation?”

I laugh shaking my head astounded by the fact that someone as amazing as her cannot see how truly incredible she is.

“Liz my life has never been quite as exciting since meeting you.”

I pull her in again and kiss her gently on the cheek before whispering to her.

“And you don’t hate me for my snobby father and nightmarish family?”

Her eyes shine brightly as she gives me a smile that I’m sure will stay with me for the next fifty years.

“Hate you? Max… I love you.”

I look deep into her eyes loving how honest and real she is.

“You know this isn’t going to be easy?”

She rises up on her toes and rests her forehead to mine making me feel like the luckiest man in the world.

“Nothing worth while ever is Max.”

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 9 9/13/09

Post by jake17 »

darkmoon
angelina
begonia
Jan
Carolyn x3
destiny
Ms_BuffyAnneSummers
Dreamers_fan_believe
Natalie

I'm so sorry i've been gone so long, I've been really struggling in my personal life but I've missed being here so much. I promise to be back with updates to all my stories very soon. Thank you so much to everyone who left fb and especially to Carolyn. I don't know what I'd so without your amazing support. Thank you so much. :)

Chapter 9.

“Are you sure you’re going to be ok alone?”

Looking up into his warm friendly eyes I forgot for a moment about my bruised jaw, his family and the large obstacles that stood in front of us. All I could see is his obvious affection towards me.

Straightening his wrinkled jacket I smiled assuring him as I watched him rolling the decision to leave me over in his mind several times.

“Listen there is no way Kyle is going to come here today. If anything he’s probably suffering from a horrible hangover and doesn’t even remember anything that happened.”

Staring down at his watch he pulled me in close and whispered in my ear.

“If anything happens…anything you promise to call me?”

Nodding I held him close and silently wished he didn’t have to go.

“I wouldn’t leave but –

Holding his hands in mine I smiled and led him into the hall.

“Max it’s ok I’ll be fine until you get back.”

“Ok I’ll bring back dinner …how’s Chinese?”

Giving him a small kiss on the cheek I nodded giggling at how he held he looked down at my face dreamily.

My god ...where did he come from.

“Perfect.”

After taking a long hot shower I spent the afternoon unpacking. I tried hard not to think of last night as I rearranged the furniture several times and worked my clothes into the much smaller closet than I was used to.

After updating Maria on everything that happened last night and making her promise not to tell Michael for fear he would go after Kyle, I looked up at the clock and rushed to get ready realizing Max would be here in minutes.

Staring into the mirror I unbuttoned the first few buttons of my blue sweater and fluffed my hair out.

I sighed realizing that no matter how much foundation and powder I applied to my jaw the purplish blue mark could still be seen.

The memory of his hands on me was fresh in my mind and it bothered me that every time Max looked at me he would be reminded of it too.

I just wanted for one night not to have to deal with any of it. I was determined to make the most of our time together.

I was just putting on some lip-gloss when I heard the soft knock.

Fighting back a huge smile I ran like a sixteen year old to the front door stopping momentarily to take a breath before opening it wide.

“Max I –

My eyes widened in fear as I attempted to shut the door before his large boot covered toe jammed it open.

“I just want to talk for a minute Liz.”

My heart raced as stumbled back into my apartment.

“Kyle please just go, I have nothing to say to you.”

Suddenly his angry eyes soften as he zeroed in on my jaw.

“Oh my god …did I do that?”

Covering my face with my hand my eyes searched around for my cell phone.

“Kyle Max is going to be here any second, please just leave.”

As if a light bulb went off in his head he began to stroke his black eye and swollen nose.

“Oh I get it …so I have Max to thank for all of this.”

Nodding Kyle smiled and walked slowly towards me.

“You know you’re to blame for all this. You’re such a fucking tease Liz …what happened? Is this pussy ass lawyer growing on you? I mean you never turned me down before. How was I supposed to know you were serious?”

I closed my eyes as my back hit the wall and his hands reached into my hair roughly.

“I suggest you keep this to yourself Liz, do you really want to answer all those embarrassing personal questions? Besides who’s going to believe you? Everyone loves me in this town. Who the hell are you?”

His voice fell to a whisper as his fingers gripped my hair.

“No one …you are nothing.”

He chuckled softy knowing I understood exactly what he meant and let me go.

Slowly I opened my eyes and stared at the empty hallway as I slid down the wall to the green shag carpet

Max Pov

“Liz?”

Eyeing the slightly opened door I had a sinking feeling something was very wrong.

Again I said her name louder this time hoping that I was mistaken.

“Liz? It’s Max …are you ok?”

Pushing the door open my fears were realized.

Running over to her I scooped her up and carried her to the couch.

“Liz did he hurt you?! What happened?! Shit I knew I shouldn’t have left!”

I watched as she wiped the tears from her face and shook her head.

“H-He …nothing… he didn’t hurt me.”

Confused I watched as she sat up and hid her eyes from me as if she had some dark secret she was afraid to tell me.

“He wanted to warn me… not to tell anyone about last night.”

Grabbing her coat I held my hand out to her.

“That’s it we have to go to the police. You have to get a restraining order against him Liz.”

“Max I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

Sitting down next to her I gently pulled back her hair catching her glassy big brown eyes before she looked away from me.

“Max... Kyle’s dad is the chief of police. “

I was gearing up for a big speech before I watched her fall to pieces. Resting her face in her hands she mumbled something about doing things she wasn’t proud of and how I wouldn’t understand.

I could see that she was in no condition to deal with this tonight. I could also see that he had put some serious bullshit in her head.

I brought her close to my chest and rubbed her back gently just trying to calm her done.

“Ok listen, I understand there is more to this than I know but you need to understand that there is nothing you could tell me that will change the way I feel about you.”

I could feel her shake her head no against my arm and my heart sank.

Tomorrow we would go to the police tonight it was my mission to make her forget all about Kyle Valenti.

“Shh... do you hear that?”

Peeking her eyes up at me she instantly stopped crying and furrowed her eyebrows.

“Hear what?”

“I think it’s your stomach… and I think its crying out for some pork fried rice.”

“Max I don’t want to talk about this.”

Picking up the cartons of food I started to dish them out equally.

“Who’s talking? I’m eating…and I think you should too.”

Finally a small smile appeared on her face as she tucked her wavy hair behind her ears and balanced the plate of food on her lap.

“Thank you.”

Catching her eyes again I grazed her soft cheek with my hand.

“Don’t thank me yet. I have conditions.”

She actually laughed a little at my attempt at being tough.

“Conditions?”

“Yes. We don’t have to talk about anything tonight but you have to let me stay here with you.”

I could see the wheels turning in her mind as she looked down at her lap.

“I-I mean on the couch of course.”

“Of course.” She replied softly

“There’s just no way I’m leaving you alone, do we have a deal?

“And we don’t have to discuss the police?”

“No … not a word… for tonight.”

“Sure…of course you can stay.”

Liz’s Pov

Max held his part of the deal and we spent the rest of the night watching television and cuddling on the couch.

As I laid against his chest safe and warm I felt a horrible pit in my stomach.

I knew that Kyle could ruin everything with Max.

I had done things I wasn’t proud of and it was all coming back to haunt me now.

Max had no idea how blind Kyle's dad was. To him he was his golden boy, he could do no wrong. I had years of experience with this.

For years Kyle got away with murder and this would be no different.

As the credits for the tonight show rolled across the screen I couldn’t help but move out of his embrace and look into his eyes.

“Are you ok? Do you need anything?”

I smiled as my eyes fell to his lips.

Lying I shook my head "no" sat up watching as he did the same.

After last night and the awkward start of our relationship I knew he was trying to be respectful and caring.

“Well maybe we should get some sleep.”

His whispered words did little to convince me of this as he stared at me with those eyes that made me melt inside.

After everything that happened I knew I had to let him make the first move but it was all I could do to hold back.

Breaking his sweet gaze I disappeared into the bedroom to get some blankets and a pillow.

With the couch all made we stood next to each other quietly as the seconds ticked painfully by.

“Well I guess that’s it.”

“Right. We’ve got a big day tomorrow, you should try and sleep Liz.”

“Ok then…goodnight.”

I can’t help myself from trembling as he takes me in his arms and gently kisses me.

It was a kiss that definitely could have spun out of control but keeping with his promise I felt him pull back.

“Goodnight Liz.”

Max's Pov

Staring at her door I wait impatiently for it to close before I collapse on the couch.

Pulling my shirt off I hold my head as my heart beats faster and faster.

I can't help my imagination as it runs wild thinking of her undressing in the next room.

Throwing my tee shirt on the couch I begin to pace her living room rambling quietly to myself.

You're doing the right thing Max. She needs space, she needs to know that you respect her.

Resting my forehead against the cool glass of her sliders I close my eyes to the welcoming cold air.

I want you Liz.

My eyes open to a small gasp in back of me.

I stare at the fog on the glass from the last words I spoke.

The words I know she heard.

"Max?"

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Pieces of My Heart (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 10 10/24/09

Post by jake17 »

Sorry again I have little time to thank you all for your sweet amazing fb...

thank you, thank you, thank you!!

this is for Carolyn for letting me know she likes this Max. :wink:

Chapter 10.

Max pov

Fuck, what do now?

“Max, please turn around.”

What if she thinks that’s why I wanted to sleep over all along? Here I am sleeping over to be her protector her friend in all of this. The one person she can trust and she finds me talking to myself about wanting to –

“Max please stop talking to yourself and talk to me.”

I can’t help but smile as I turn and look at her surprised.

She smiles back and I am now her captive slave.

“You know I do that?”

She takes the tips of her dark beautiful hair and twirls them around her fingers as she walks slowly towards me looking like a child that has a secret she shouldn't know.

Stopping just inches in front of me I’m afraid my body has taken a life of it’s own and now there’s no denying how much I want her.

Thanks a lot dick of mine, I’ve been able to control you since college but when I really need you, what do you do? You resort back to puberty and the spontaneous hard on. Thank you ever so much.

“You’re doing it again.”

Blushing profusely I now secure myself in the age of twelve and nervously scratch the back of my ear lost as to what to do now.

I’m a twenty six year old lawyer for Christ sake why do I turn into moron when I with you Liz and why …why do you have to be such a goddamn goddess.

She’s laughing softly sweetly out loud now as she takes my chin in her warm hand and forces me to look into those chocolate endless seductive eyes of hers.

“Please talk to me, I can’t hear that conversation in your mind remember?”

I take her hand away from my face and hold it, I think to subconsciously keep her with me.

“How do you know I do that?”

She takes a step closer and I do believe my blood pressure is now reaching a dangerous level. I wonder if she knows that the moonlight pouring in the window is making her nightgown more or less completely useless. I wonder if she knows I can see every enticing curve.

Her voice falls to a whisper as she raises her arms around my neck and goes up on her tiptoes to face me.

She’s studying me now.

Tilting her head back and forth she’s like a scientist going over her data.

“Well when you talk to yourself your eyes move back and forth, like your following someone around the room that isn’t there, and sometimes you move your lips when you answer...well yourself”

Fantastic now she thinks I’m insane.

Her fingers are now laced threw the back of my hair and she’s inches from my mouth. I can feel her silky smooth legs brush against mine and I know my twelve year old self is about to combust.

“I think you only do it when you’re doubting yourself.”

“Really Dr.?”

She doesn’t smile this time.

Her eyes are locked on my mouth like she’s patiently waiting.

“Yes like you want something but you’re not sure if you should go for it. So you’re working it out in your head.”

“Liz?”

“Yes Max?”

“I’m sure.”

A deep satisfying groan escapes my throat as I take her lips and lift her up in my arms.

My hands lift the thin layer of cotton to find no panties. My twelve year old self subconsciously thanks you Liz.

She breathlessly moans as I caress her ass around to the inside of her thigh and cup her sex.

God she is deliciously wet and warm and so ready.

I lift her up so she is straddling my waist and feel her press up against the thin layer of boxers that are doing nothing to hide my intense need for her.

I stumble blindly around the room unable to keep a thought in my head.

My mind is oddly silent. Busy I guess.

“Bedroom.” She rasps against my ear before she attaches her sweet mouth to my neck and makes my knees almost buckle.

Liz Pov

Oh god yes …finally!

I can barely keep my eyes on him I want him so bad.

Who knew that incredible body was hiding under those boring suits this whole time.

With a passion I didn’t know he possessed he quickly lays me down on the bed and removes my nightgown with one hand while parting my thighs with the other.

I squeeze my eyes shut and bite down hard on my lip trying desperately to hold my screams in as he softly begins to kiss and part my lips gently dipping his soft tongue inside.

I’m trembling so hard now I almost can’t take this incredible pleasure that is until he leaves his tender movements behind and gives me a stiff hard lick across my clit and I feel myself shatter into a million pieces.

I claw at his broad shoulders urging him up towards me.

“Please Max …now! I can’t …Oh god!”

He surprises me again by sliding up my body just enough to thrust hard inside me.

My eyes pop open to see his beautiful sweaty face looking down at me.

His deep voice is shaking as he whispers against my lips.

“Please don’t close your eyes Liz.”

His large hand cups my breast as his thumb teases my hard peak until I am quivering once again.

He is trying to stifle his deep throaty moans as his movements become faster and more erratic.

He is close but I can feel him struggling to make it last for me.

It’s only when I wrap my legs around his waist and thrust upwards several times that he loses all control and buries his face in my neck. Panting loudly he comes breathlessly drawing out my name against my skin.

I never knew it could even be close to this.

Now I know why they call it making love.

It seems like several minutes that we lay this way.

My arms securely wrapped around his strong back, my legs tightly holding him inside me afraid of letting this feeling end.

I stare up at the ceiling in shock with a million emotions stirring inside me.

Euphoria, fear, anxiety but mostly love.

I love this man.

And as if he can read my mind he lifts his handsome face from my neck kissing me sweetly across my cheek till he reaches my lips.

With both hands he brushes my damp hair away from my face and stares into my eyes.

A husky soft whisper fills my ears and takes me somewhere I’d never thought someone like me could go.

“I love you Liz.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.