Lyin' Eyes: (M/L, MATURE) [Complete] - 03/23/09

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Lyin' Eyes: (mature) AU, M/L: ch:55-pp:10 - 03/09/09

Post by mary mary »

Natalie and Destiny: Thank you....

*~*~*

Chapter: 55
*~*~*
Liz was very successful with her studies at the lab and Mr. Jarred couldn’t sing her praises enough. Mr. Appleby had permitted her to conduct several experiments on her own regarding the studies of mentally challenged people.

Tess was her first subject and it was Liz who isolated her problem and found the proper medication for her. This was a major breakthroughs for Liz and her colleagues were very impressed with her work.

Tess couldn’t thank her enough.

When Liz had approached her with the idea Tess was skeptical about allowing Liz to study her but she soon realized Liz meant her no harm and she became a very willing subject. Liz made sure that Tess was given the proper recognition when the time came to receive credit. She felt that Tess should be rewarded for being a guinea pig and, with Tess’s permission, allowed her name to be used publicly for the studies. Of course Max had not changed his mind about Tess any more than Liz would change her mind about her mother so Liz kept her promise and never mentioned Tess’ name in Max’s presence.

But…one thing for certain, Max Evans was very proud of Doctor Elizabeth Parker Evans and Liz was just as proud of Maxwell P. Evans, Doctor of Psychology/ Professional Baseball Player. Yes, Max got his doctorate while being a professional baseball player. The entire family was proud of him.

Max continued to play baseball for the Philly’s even though he had his doctorate…after all baseball was paying for all of this and it wasn’t a bad way to earn a living…playing a game you loved and being paid to do it?
*~*~*
The girls were about 18 months old for their second Christmas and it most likely would be their last Christmas in the big estate so there was a huge party for everyone and the magnificent seven came to decorate the grand hall with the big Christmas tree. They let the little one’s help them this year and they were using all of the stuffed animals AND the Raggedy Anne dolls. The girls just stood there making oooing and ahing sounds and pointing to all of the lights and ornaments. The boys, who were all getting a little taller and more mature, just laughed at them and held them up to put the dolls and animals in the branches…Mommy, Daddy and all four grandparents sat on the stair steps and watched the festivities through the railings.
*~*~*
Liz could hardly wait for the opening of the Christmas stockings this year…she had a huge surprise for Max, it was becoming impossible for her to contain herself… Things had been so hectic for the past couple of months that she decided to wait and tell him at Christmas…It’s a good thing Christmas was almost here because it’s pretty hard to hide twins in a small frame for very long.
*~*~*
Finally the tree was finished and everyone headed to the kitchen for refreshments that Olivia had laid out before going home to her family. An array of appetizers that would replace dinner this evening had been laid out and Lord knows there were enough of them to feed a small army. The boys especially liked the Buffalo Wings and the bite sized sandwiches. Max and Liz were so pleased that the seven enjoyed themselves…it was, after all, becoming a tradition in the Evans home that they would decorate the large tree.

After everyone went home and the tired little girls were sound asleep in their own room, which had been moved next door to Max and Liz’s bedroom, Liz and Max finally headed to their own rooms and got dressed for bed. Yes, they now wore pajamas like everyone else. God knows what time of the night they would have to be up and about.

Liz had redecorated the first suite for the girls about a month ago and they seemed quite content to be in their own space. The study was turned into a play room and the king sized bed was replaced with two twin sized beds with half guard rails to prevent falling out on the floor.

The Bathtub water faucets were provided with locks to prevent them from getting scalded. They loved water and Max and Liz were extremely aware of their safety needs. They wanted them to learn to swim as babies because of all of the swimming pools around the property and the indoor pool but they never dreamed they would be so addicted to the water the way they were. Both of the girls were very good little swimmers for babies…because that is what they still were.

When they crawled into bed Max pulled Liz in and spooned into her back just like he had been doing for over three years now and Liz just purred.

“You know Max, I am very spoiled. It really is difficult for me to sleep when you are out of town…I know I shouldn’t do it, but sometimes I bring the girls in here and we sleep together just because Mommy is lonesome. Please, promise me you will always take care of yourself Max. If anything ever happened to you I would want to die. I know I wouldn’t but Max…I know I would want to.”

“Ditto sweetheart…I’ll be very careful because you three mean the world to me as well.” And with that Max kissed Liz on the top of her head and they went to sleep.
*~*~*
On Christmas Eve everyone was there to celebrate. Aunt Isabelle, Uncle Alex and their new baby Sandra…all the grandparents and even Bernadette who couldn’t go home this year because she was working and had to stay in Philly. There was a beautiful dinner in the dining room, which everyone helped to prepare and serve and then after everything was cleaned up they all retired to the small living room for Christmas gift exchange.

Tomorrow morning Santa came for the girls but tonight the adults did their exchange. Liz wasn’t sure if she should wait until later for Max’s surprise or not and at the last minute she decided she wanted it to be private so she snuck upstairs and hung a stocking over the fireplace in their private rooms. When she got up there there was another stocking already hanging on a mantle that was decorated in garland and red bows. “Great minds think alike.” She thought to herself and put Max’s stocking right next to the other one.

She went back down the back stairs and stopped at the refrigerator and got herself a water and headed to the living room where everyone else was already congregated. Joanne and the girls had taught the babies “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer” and they were doing their rendition just as loudly as they could; everyone was in hysterics.

Liz couldn’t believe what she was hearing and Bernadette was beside herself with glee. The girls had managed to keep it a surprise for Max and Liz just like she had asked them to do and now they were truly showing off and the more everyone laughed the louder they got. Max had the camcorder out and was having a really tough time holding it still. Everyone clapped and hugged the two babies when they had completed their act and then they took a bow just like Joanne, Cynthia, Claudine and Bernadette had shown them. All Liz could think of was ‘my God we’re raising a couple of hams’, but she loved every minute of it. They are just as happy as Liz had hoped they would be and she wouldn’t have it any other way.

About eight o’clock Max, Liz, Alex and Isabelle took their girls upstairs to get ready for bed. Max and Liz still bathed Briana and Deana in their own bathroom because they didn’t want them learning how to unlock the faucets on the tub in their room. Children are not as stupid as parents would like to think and these parents were not taking any chances with those huge Jacuzzi tubs in all of the suites.

Liz had set one of the cribs up in Isabelle’s study and put the baby bather in their tub as well so Isabelle was all set for Sandra’s bath.

By nine o’clock all babies were asleep and their parents joined the rest of the adults in the small living room for some adult conversation.

Bernadette couldn’t be happier, if she had to be away from her family at Christmas there wasn’t a better place on earth to be. These people were absolutely wonderful and there wasn’t any other way to describe them. Each and everyone of them were wonderful…and those babies were absolutely the most enjoyable children she had ever seen. They were spoiled with love but were not molly coddled if that makes sense…it was the only way she could put it, they understood the word ‘no’ very well and when they were told no they had to obey or they got a time out which they also understood. But mostly they were treated as one of the family and shown all of the love and consideration that the adults wanted to be shown.

Around eleven Liz said she was going to head upstairs…”Those girls will be up at 7:00 a.m. regardless of how tired they were tonight and I want to be ready for them.” Isabelle laughed and said she could appreciate that and would be joining her. Max and Alex said they would be up soon and with that the two young mothers headed toward the elevator. They both had the right idea…it had been a long day. They looked at each other and giggled as they pushed number two on the pad.

“Isabelle, thank you so much for coming and spending the holiday with us. You have no idea how much it means to us.”

“Of course I do Liz…we spent Thanksgiving with the Whitmans’ and now we will spend Christmas with my family. I know Christmas is a little bigger holiday than Thanksgiving but next year we will probably switch…only because Sandy will be older and we will want to be home for the holidays…but this year it’s my family. I am so happy that you have all of this room to have all of us here…it really is great to be as comfortable as we are.”

“Yes, it has it’s pluses doesn’t it? I wonder what it will be like next year when we have the children’s facility. I’m pretty sure everything will be finalized by then. It’s going to be different, that’s for sure.”

“I’m sure…but wherever you are I am sure you will love it.”

“Oh, I know I will. As long as Max and the girls are with me it doesn’t make any difference where we are… as long as we’re together and healthy.”

“You’re right. Well, good night Liz…you know they’ll all be up and we’d better be ready for them.”

Liz gave a little giggle and said “You better believe it…good night Isabelle.”

And the young women headed to their rooms for the night.

When Liz went into the bedroom there was a light coming from the small living room. She stepped through the double doors and Max was sitting there with the teapot on the coffee table and some cookies laid out for her. He had lit a fire in the fireplace and when he saw her he motioned for her to come and sit next to him. She gave him a happy smile and sat down, slipped off her shoes and put her feet up under her and settled in next to her husband who wrapped his arm around her shoulder and gave her a kiss on her temple.

“I thought we should have a little alone time before we retire…what do you think?”

“Mmmmm…I think that’s a wonderful idea.” Liz said as she relaxed against Max’s body. And what a body it was…The man could eat anything under the sun and never gain an ounce…she sometimes felt like he was inhuman or something.

“Would you like to open your stocking now…while we have the chance to be alone?” Max asked…

“Sure, why don’t you bring both of them over here and we can take turns. Okay?”

So Max got up from the couch and took both stockings down from the mantle and headed over to Liz…He handed her the stocking trimmed in pink and he took the one trimmed in blue…then he pointed to Liz…

“You first baby.”

So Liz opened her stocking and found an envelope in it and looked at Max…he just smiled at her and she opened it up and there, in the envelope, was a deed to a house.

“Max, wha…what have you done?”

Max looked at her and smiled…

“God Liz, I have been so worried about this…I don’t know if I did the right thing or not but this property became available and it was a sweet deal so I bought it…If you don’t like it sweetheart you don’t have to move into it. I can sell it or rent it or whatever, but it really is a nice place. It’s really big Liz…not as big as this place but it has a lot of possibilities and we will be able to raise the girls comfortably…I think? …What do you say? … Liz? … Say something honey…” And Liz just stared at the envelope…

Liz was flabbergasted…she didn’t know what to say…she really hadn’t given much thought to looking for a new home yet…she thought they would have time but knew it would be happening soon…but this just took her breath away.

“Max, I know if you like it I will like it…I knew we had to move before too long but I was so preoccupied with other things that I just put it in the back of my mind. Of course I’ll like it. Thank you Max…I love you so much and please never worry about things like this…I told you before, all I ever wanted was you and now we can add the family to it … the rest is icing.”

Max pulled Liz into a fierce hug and kissed the top of her head and then Liz pointed to his stocking…Max looked inside to find an envelope also…

“Liz, you didn’t buy a house did you?”

Liz looked at Max and giggled…”No Max, just open the envelope.”

Max took the folded paper out of the envelope and opened it and looked at Liz with huge eyes…and then it registered…there were two blue circles drawn on the picture indicating two male heartbeats and Max started to tear up…his golden eyes glistened and he grabbed Liz and held her like a little baby…God, how he loved this woman.

“How far Liz?” he asked with a hitch in his voice….

“Oh, about two and a half months I think…not real sure again. I don’t know why I can’t keep better track of things but if they’re like their sisters they will be here in about five and a half months or so.”

“Oh Liz, this is the best Christmas present ever, why did you wait to tell me?”

“Because I just found out not too long ago and it was so close to Christmas and with everything else that’s going on I decided to give you a present that only I could possibly give you.”

“Well, it certainly is a wonderful present. I wonder how the girls will deal with it.”

“The girls will love their brothers because we will teach them to love them.”

“Yes, you’re right…”

“Oh, and Max…remember when I told you we could name our son after your grandfather?”

“Vaguely…I remember you said ‘NO””

“I said no to Rufus not to Gerard…so what do you think about Gerard and Parker?”

“I love it Liz…can we share this with everyone tomorrow?”

“Yes Max…but tonight is yours alone.”

“Thank you baby…I love it. Now are you ready for bed?”

And Liz looked up at her husband and said “Yummy!”

Max chuckled, flipped the remote at the fireplace, picked up his little wife and carried her to their bed. Life just kept getting better and better at the Evans home.
*~*~*
The next morning found four grandparents in the kitchen preparing breakfast for the entire family along with Bernadette. They had all agreed yesterday afternoon to meet in the kitchen at eight o’clock and start cooking while all of the young parents took care of their youngsters. It was a real feast. Before going over to the apartment Bernadette had prepared three soak overnight French toast casseroles and also three sausage and egg casseroles that her family had been serving to large groups forever. Jeff and Philip were busy with the hash browns and toast while Nancy made the orange juice and coffee.

Diane sat the table in the dining room; she had ordered a large bouquet of fresh flowers which she had kept hidden in one of the empty classrooms for the table and it looked great. There were now four classrooms in total. She started to make room on the buffet for all of the food that was going to be coming in from the kitchen and by the time Liz, Max, the twins, Alex, Isabelle and Sandy came down everything was ready to go. Liz hugged all of them and then of course the twins took their turns getting hugs from everyone too, they would not be left out. Max grabbed his mom and twirled her around the kitchen and kissed the top of her head. He was so happy he could hardly contain himself. Next year they would be in a different home but there would be just as much room for all of this he was certain. Oh life was good.

After everyone was seated and enjoying light conversation the subject of next Christmas came up. Liz smiled at Max and nodded for him to make the announcement.

“Well, yes, we won’t be here but we will still have room for all of this for anyone that is interested in sharing the holidays with us. I bought a very nice piece of property with a large home on it for Liz for Christmas. I was hoping she would like it and she informed that as long as I was there and our family was that she knows she’ll like it so we don’t have to stop this if we don’t want to.”

Everyone looked at Liz and said “Ah!”

Liz looked at all of them and giggled…”It’s true. I don’t care where we live as long as we’re together and healthy. I have a small one bedroom apartment in Connecticut that we still stay at when I have to be there and I enjoy it as much as I do this house. Of course if we lived there I would have to evict several people to make room for all of you but I think I would rather do it this way, it’s much more comfortable and no one is homeless.”

They all started to laugh at her…but she was telling the truth…she is just as happy at that tiny apartment with Max and the girls as she is in this big house.

Then Max looked at Liz and asked her if he could share his Christmas present and she said of course, if he thought it was the right time…he assured her it was…only because he couldn’t wait any longer….

“In about five months or so we are going to introduce you to Gerard and Parker Evans…Liz is pregnant with twin boys.”

“Oh my God Liz…haven’t you gotten the memo…it’s easier to give birth one at a time…” Isabelle shouted.

Liz looked at Isabelle and said…”Who said giving birth is easy? Whether it’s one or two it’s still giving birth!”

Nancy looked at her daughter and nearly burst with pride. Thank God this girl had friends like the Evans and DeLuca’s to oversee her formative years. She turned into this wonderful woman without any help from her and it made her want to leave the room. Liz got an eerie feeling when she looked over at her mother and she just looked at her and gave her a great big smile and said…

“Isn’t that right Mom?”

Nancy returned her smile and said “Well Liz, I’m not sure I would be able to deal with two at a time but if you say so then it must be.”

Liz looked at her Mom and smiled again…”Hey, it hurts like hell…what can I say…we live through it and look at the rewards.” And Liz reached over and grabbed Briana’s and Deana’s little hands and squeezed….”It’s worth every pain!” and she kissed both little girls and continued with her breakfast. The girls didn’t care what hurt as long as Mommy kept kissing them.

After they finished their breakfast they cleaned up the mess and headed to the living room to see what Santa had left. This would be the first really big Christmas the girls ever had and to say that they were in awe was an understatement. They had Santa’s gifts in the small living room and then there was the large living room where they put all of the presents that had been arriving by UPS non-stop for fifteen days. They put those in the large living room because that was the only place there was room to put them. Liz looked at Max and whispered…

”We are visiting the children’s hospital later. We will take the girls with us and we will pass out toys. We won’t even look at who gave them these things we are just going to share them with those in need. Max, this borders on insanity. The five of them must have stayed up half of the night laying this stuff out.”

“Okay honey, if that’s what you want to do I’ll load up the truck…maybe everyone would like to come with us, we can make it an outing.”

“Good.”…Isabelle looked over at Liz and asked in a whisper…

“Where in the hell are you going to put all of this shit. Liz, this house is big but I don’t think ‘toys-r-us’ can hold a candle to this.”

“I know…let’s go into the small living room and let them have a normal Christmas with the family….then we’ll pull all of the tags off of these things, leave them wrapped and haul them to the children’s hospital. We can use the tags to send thank you notes.”

“Liz, that’s a great idea. How do we know what’s in them.”

“Right now Iz I don’t care what’s in them…maybe we can pull corners or something and label them…I know we’re going to have some trouble finding boys things in there but maybe we can stop somewhere and pick up something for boys, or, we can just unwrap them all and take them like that.”

“I like the unwrap idea best…even the girls can help do that.”

“Great, that’s what we’ll do. Just deliver them unwrapped.”

And so they headed to the small living room and the girls were introduced to little girl toys. A play kitchen with all of the pots, pans and dishes that go with it….dolls that wet (big mistake) and the wardrobes that went with them…there were two baby doll high chairs and cradles and everything they needed to set up dolly house keeping. They were so busy with their new toys from Santa Claus that they didn’t even miss the grown ups who were busy in the large living room unwrapping every kind of gift imaginable for a two to five year old girl…and some of the games could be for boys as well. Max thought Liz’s idea was great. If the girls were subjected to this they would never be able to enjoy anything because they would have been overwhelmed. So Max brought the truck around to the side of the house and everyone took armloads of toys and put them in the truck.

Liz called the children’s hospital and told them that they had a truck load of toys and would it be all right if they brought them over for the kids. The hospital wasn’t really sure about all of this and Liz assured them that all of the items were brand new, still in the original boxes and they could go through them if they wanted to. So they got permission and headed on over there.

The girls weren’t too happy about leaving their dollies alone so Liz and Max helped them bundle up their babies and took them along with them. They had to take the dolly diaper bags and make sure the bottles were full and there were plenty of clean diapers…Max looked at Liz and mouthed a ‘thanks!’…Liz looked at Max and shrugged her shoulders…’you’re welcome’ she mouthed back and soon they had the girls and their babies and were on their way…everyone just stood there watching all the action and were glad it was Max and Liz and not them dealing with this.

The group stayed and started Christmas dinner, which would be prime rib and baked potatoes…much easier than turkey… and of course the pies from Connecticut for desert. After they put the roast on they all headed to the ice rink for a skating party with Charley and his family. Of course Johnny had his friends from school who stayed behind for the holidays for various reasons as well…and after Max and Liz delivered the truck load of gifts to the hospital they headed back to join in the festivities.

Liz had purchased some apple cider to make hot apple cider for everyone and when she got back to the estate she had Max drop her off at the house before heading to the rink so she could make up the cider in a crock pot. When she entered the house she suddenly felt a strong pain in her lower back and couldn’t move one way or the other…Oh no, God no…she thought…She took deep breaths and managed to get her cell phone out of her purse and hit number one on the dial…

“Liz?” Max said…

“Come back to the house Max…alone, I need you.”

Max could tell by the sound of her voice that things were not right. He gave his Mom a look and pointed to the girls and headed right back out the door of the rink. Diane knew immediately that things were not good. She skated over to the girls and helped them to get their little skates tied and Philip was right there beside her.

“What’s wrong?”

Diane replied in a whisper, “I don’t know. Max nodded to the girls and took off running…something is wrong with Liz I think.”

Philip gave Diane a very concerned look and took one of the skates and proceeded to lace up Briana’s little shoe and said a silent prayer.

Max got back to the house in nothing flat and found Liz standing against the wall bent over holding her back and he grabbed her under the legs and lifted her into his arms and headed straight back out to the truck. They were back at the hospital in nothing flat and in the emergency room.
*~*~*

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Lyin' Eyes: (mature) AU, M/L: ch:56 pp:10 - 03/14/09

Post by mary mary »

Destiny: Stiff upper lip and all that 'rot'!
Jan: Ditto to Destiny :)
Natalie:Not much...
Chula:Sorry.
LilLoucfer:Thanks...
Ken:Mine are very close...I had three separate births in 2 years and 19 days. My middle one, a son, always loved his birthday because he was the same age as his sister for a whole month. It was work but it was fun too.

*~*~*

Chapter 56:

Nurses and doctors were shouting orders like crazy and Max just stood there watching and feeling helpless. His heart was in his throat, he was having a very tough time thinking about anything but his wife. Technicians were drawing blood, they had her hooked up to a heart monitor and an IV hook up in place; they were throwing questions at Max left and right. He had no answers for them…she was in pain and she was about 2 ½ to 3 months pregnant with twins. Now the place really went wild…they recognized the baseball player and his little wife and their hearts went out the them.

Max managed to get hold of his mom and tell her where they were and to please stay where they were and make sure everyone had a nice Christmas with the kids…he would keep them informed.

Diane and Philip told everyone what was going on and Jeff and Nancy wanted to leave immediately…Philip had to do some very fast talking to convince his old friend that right now the best thing to do was to make sure that these children had a nice Christmas. They didn’t need to remember their first Christmas as the day their mommy got sick. Jeff finally agreed with Philip and calmed Nancy down and convinced her to try and enjoy herself.
*~*~*
Back at the hospital Liz’s doctor showed up and started barking orders from one end of the hospital to the other and soon Liz’s pain was under control. It took some convincing on the doctor’s part to get her to take the drugs but as it was explained to Liz, this pain wasn’t doing the babies any good either, so Liz agreed to take some pain killers. They had the pain isolated to her lower back area and sent her into X-Ray in order to check her out. The doctor had decided that it was not the babies after an initial exam and assured Liz that everything they were going to do to her would not hurt the babies in any way.

Max was slowly becoming a basket case. If one more person asked him if he needed anything he thought he would punch their lights out. He needed his wife to quit hurting and that was the only thing he needed. Soon Liz’s doctor came into the waiting area and found Max. She assured him that they were doing everything they could to quickly find out what Liz’s problem was and the minute they knew anything she would let him know. Max thanked her and told her he would be in the chapel for a minute if he wasn’t here. She smiled and said she would find him.

By the time they had finished with Liz’s X-Rays and had her wheeled back into the emergency room most of her lab results were back and most of the results were normal. Her white blood count was very high which indicated an appendix attack and after they ruled out everything else they prepped her for an emergency appendectomy and Max didn’t know whether to laugh or cry.

Max asked the doctor if an appendix attack caused pain in the back? Didn’t it usually cause pain in the lower abdomen? The doctor smiled at Max and assured him that they were positive that the appendix was the problem and to please relax. Sometime the body’s reaction affected people in different ways. Max did his best to do as he was told.

He called his Mom and told her what was going on and that they would probably be home later this evening. They would most likely not keep Liz after she came out of the anesthetic…she was very healthy; it’s just one of those things. If her blood was okay she would be allowed to go home.

The doctor assured Max that the babies would be fine and Liz would have to take it easy for a couple of weeks but all was well. She shouldn’t be doing any heavy lifting…even though an appendectomy was considered minor surgery these days it still required an invasion of the body and Liz had to be careful. Max assured the doctor that she would take it easy, even if he had to tie her down. The doctor laughed at him and gave him a pat on the arm. “She’s going to be fine Max.” And with that she headed to the O.R. to her waiting patient.

Everyone at the house breathed a sigh of relief and Diane informed Max that the girls were down for a nap as well as their babies. They changed the dollies diapers and dressed them in their pj’s and put them in bed with them. They felt they should sleep with them because that’s what mommies do. Max smiled, he was happy the girls were enjoying their Christmas even if he and Liz could not be there with them.
*~*~*
After the surgery Max was allowed to sit with Liz until she came to and then when she did wake up she just looked up at him and apologized for being such a baby. Max reached over and kissed her forehead and told her to quit talking like that…thank God that’s all it was. Liz wanted to know what the blood tests showed and Max told her to relax, her white count was up which indicated an appendicitis and that was all. She just looked at him and smiled…she wasn’t so sure that was all. If she was correct in her line of thinking your back doesn’t radiate that kind of pain with an appendicitis attack. She would have to talk to her doctor when Max wasn’t around because she was sure that he would not tolerate the thought of something being wrong with her.

Soon her doctor came in and Liz apologized from the depths of her soul for bringing her out on Christmas day…the Doctor told her to relax, everything was being dealt with at home and soon they would all be out of there and home in time for a late dinner. Then she gave Liz her instructions and told her no stairs, keep the wound clean and dry and to call her office in the morning for a follow up in a week unless she needed more help.

They should have the results of all the tests by then and to enjoy the rest of the day. Liz smiled and said she would and with that Max helped Liz get back into her clothes and as soon as the discharge nurse came in with a wheel chair they were on their way.
*~*~*

Back at the estate everyone was anxiously awaiting the return of the delinquents as they were now being referred to and getting ready for dinner.

As soon as Max had called from the hospital Bernadette went up to the kitchen and turned the meat off…it could continue to cook with the oven off and they could warm it up later. She just hoped that everything was going to be okay. And now that they knew what it was they were ready and waiting for them.

Max carried Liz into the house from the back door and the twins were there waiting for them with their babies…they looked at their mommy and couldn’t figure out why daddy was carrying her. Liz motioned for Max to put her down but he wouldn’t do it. He told the girls to follow him into the living room where he sat Liz in a chair and then explained to them that mommy had to go to the hospital and she had a very big ‘owie’ and that they had to be very careful around her. Their little eyes were as big as saucers and Liz’s heart just ached for them. She motioned for Max to put her on the couch and then she had the girls sit on either side of her and she pulled them both in close to her and gave them big hugs. She asked them if they had a nice time ice skating and they just kept looking at her…she told them she was fine and would be able to play with them in this many days and she held up their little hands and counted up to ten on their fingers…”this will be how many sleeps until mommy can play with your new toys with you…okay?” And they both looked up at her and then at their little fingers again and Liz wanted to cry.

“It’s okay babies, honest and meema and gran will play house with you until mommy is better and even cousin Sandy can watch you from her playpen…won’t that be fun?” They just kept staring at Liz and finally Liz asked them…”What is wrong…tell mommy.”

And Deana said…”Whez you owie?”

And Briana said “Jess, wheya?”

Liz smiled down at them and lifted her shirt and showed them the plastic bandage covering her small incision and they looked at it with big eyes and then they looked at their mommy…

Deana said…”Do it huot?”

Liz wanted to giggle so bad at their concern but knew better…”No sweetheart, it doesn’t hurt anymore. Daddy took Mommy to the hospital and the doctor made it all better.”

Then Briana said in a very soft voice…”Dood, betause you don’ need to huot.”

Liz wanted to lift them up and hold them so badly and Max could see this so he picked the girls up and sat down next to Liz so she could give them hugs and kisses and soon dinner was on the table. Liz really wasn’t hungry but she sat at the table with everyone just the same and when the meal was over she had Max take her up in the elevator to their rooms. She apologized to everyone for upsetting their Christmas and they all laughed at her.

“Liz, please, we are only happy that you are okay…please don’t apologize.” Diane said with all the love a mother could have for any child, and she did love Liz.
*~*~*
Later Max brought the girls up to get ready for bed and Liz sat in a chair in the bathroom while Max gave them their baths. She asked the girls if they had a nice Christmas and they both smiled at their mommy and said “jesss” in unison and Liz laughed at them…she couldn’t hold it back, she had to hold her side but it was worth it.

They had their babies in the tub with them, thank God for rubber, and Max had to wait while the dollies got a good scrubbing. Max looked at Liz when he went to take them out of the tub and the dollies were dripping water everywhere…Liz just reached over and took the dolls and held them over the tub and pulled one of the legs loose and let the water run out…Max looked at her like she had a hole in her head… Liz just shrugged her shoulders and said that it would really be interesting in two more years to see what in the hell they would be dragging to the bath tub. Max just laughed at her…you’re right sweet…God knows. Then she took a hand towel for each of the girls and handed them their babies to dry off…

“You know it’s going to be like bathing four of them every night now. Don’t you?” Max said.

“I know, but that’s how they learn Max. Just think, they will be able to bathe their brothers and we won’t have to do a thing.”

Max looked at Liz like she had lost her mind and Liz knew exactly what he was thinking as she stifled a laugh.

They really would have to watch the boys for awhile though…I’ll bet they do try to change their diapers and bathe them…oh this was going to be interesting. They are really going to have to work at explaining the difference between dollies and babies…and do it quickly.
*~*~*

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Lyin' Eyes: (mature) AU, M/L: ch:57 pp:11 - 03/16/09

Post by mary mary »

Destiny:
LilLoucfer:
Natalie:
Ken:
Jan:

Thank you all :D :D :D

*~*~*

Chapter: 57

Liz slept pretty well last night…Max hardly slept at all watching Liz, but all in all they did have a fairly decent night’s sleep and when Liz woke up in the morning the twins were both standing at the foot of their bed watching them.

“What are you doing up so early?” Liz asked and they both looked at their Mommy with big eyes and Deana asked…

“Awl you awlwight?” Liz smiled and jabbed Max in the side to wake up…he looked at her through sleep hazed eyes and she pointed to the foot of the bed…

“Yes, girls, I’m alright and Daddy will move over and you can finish your sleep with us…okay?”

“Jesss…” They both answered and ran to Max’s side of the bed. He reached down and lifted them to the center of the bed one at a time, along with their dollies, and they both curled up next to each other and fell right back to sleep. Max looked over at Liz and gave her a big smile and laid back down and went right back to sleep with his little family safely tucked in next to him. Liz just laid there and smiled at the three of them…life was good even in it’s emergencies.

She wondered what she would be hearing from the doctor…’let it rest Liz’ she told herself…and then she was back to sleep as well.

When Diane woke up and headed toward the back stairs she noticed the girls rooms were empty, then when she passed Max and Liz’s bedroom door it was wide open so she thought they were already up but on closer examination she noticed four people and two dolls sound asleep in the big king sized bed and she pulled the door shut to let them rest. Even though the twins were babies they were smart enough to recognize trouble and they knew their Mommy was hurting and they needed to be with her. Children are just too smart sometime she thought to herself as she continued on her journey to the kitchen.

There were plenty of leftovers from yesterday’s breakfast so she decided to just add a platter of scrambled eggs to the menu and call it good but she had a huge surprise…Jeff and Philip had beat her to it. Nancy had already started the coffee and was squeezing the orange juice and then she suggested they get the girls up and dressed before Liz woke up. Diane told her what she just encountered and didn’t think that would work because the girls were asleep in bed with Max and Liz. Nancy just looked at her and grinned.

“Do you think that’s such a good idea…what if they kick her or something.” Nancy said with concern in her voice.

“Oh, I don’t think that will happen…go up and take a look…honest…they are all curled up next to each other holding onto their dollies…Liz is on one side facing them sound asleep and Max is on the other with his arm under their pillow facing them. They are all fine, trust me. I have a sneaking suspicion that they didn’t start out like that last night because their bedroom door was wide open when I went past and their little beds had been slept in, for awhile anyway. They really are too cute for words.”

“Yes they are…thank God they have the parents they have…there just seems to be love permeating this whole house.”

“Yes there is Nancy, and I think it will always be like that…no matter how many they have. I can’t wait to meet the boys…this is going to be so much fun.”

“It certainly is.” And both women continued to chatter away while Philip and Jeff continued to cook…Jeff couldn’t be happier, Nancy was really starting to feel comfortable showing kindness and love and was discovering how wonderful life could be. He thanked God everyday for his blessings and these wonderful people who introduced him to a better life.
*~*~*
It was about 8:30 when the sound of a baby crying had the upstairs all awake. Sandy figured it was time to get up and that meant everyone got up…Briana and Deana woke up and looked at each other and smiled, they loved Sandy and they could hardly wait for Uncle Alex and Aunt Isabelle to bring Sandy to the kitchen.

Max and Liz woke up to the girls’ giggles and smiled at each other…Sandy was ready to start the day so that meant everyone else was ready also.

“Sandy woked up.” Said Briana

“Yes she did.” Liz answered “Are you ready to get up too?”

“Jesss.” The twins answered

And Max just gathered the two of them up, pillow and all and gave them a great big hug… “Daddy? Iz zhoo woked up too?”

“Yes ladies, I’m woked up too.” Max chuckled…he couldn’t resist talking like them…something Liz frowned on. They were doing very well with their sentences but they didn’t need to be answered in baby talk. Max knew better but sometimes it was just too cute for words. Liz just shook her head at him and frowned…he reached over and patted the top of her head…”Love you!”

She grinned back at him and said “Love you too.” And the girls giggled at their Mommy and Daddy and said “We duv zhoo too.” Max and Liz both laughed and said together “And we love you…and we love your babies too.” Liz added. They giggled and hugged their dollies just like their mommy and daddy hugged them and soon Max and Liz decided it was time to start the day.

Max helped Liz out of bed even though she insisted she was okay and they headed to the girls room to get them dressed. Max helped them brush their teeth, wash the sleep out of their eyes, their little hands and arms and helped them into their clothes and Liz combed their hair and put finishing touches on them and then it was time to dress the dollies. Max threw his hands in the air and left Liz to supervise the dolly dressing and headed to his own room to take his shower. After Liz had finished with the girls Max took them downstairs and told Liz he would be back up to help her. She tried to convince him that she was fine but he would have no part of it so she waited for him to come back…it was just easier that way. So Max waited for Liz to shower and get dressed even though she didn’t need his help; he just felt better about it. He made their bed while she dressed; she did ask him to tie her shoes for her though…her back was still hurting but she didn’t want him to know this. They would just have to wait until she saw her doctor, as long as the babies were alright she could handle the wait.
*~*~*
Meanwhile everyone was ready for breakfast as soon as Max and Liz came downstairs. Isabelle had bathed Sandy and she was in the high chair chewing on her toast already and the twins were trying to get her to talk to them. Sandy was jabbering away at the girls but they couldn’t understand a thing she was saying so they just giggled at her and kept talking. Liz loved it and Isabelle thought it was just too precious. To say that these parents were proud was an understatement.

All of the grandparents and Bernadette had served a beautiful breakfast on the sun porch even though the ground was covered in snow and everyone loved it.

Bernadette had to leave for the hospital around 10:00 a.m. in order to start the 11:00 a.m. shift. At least she had Christmas day off…she would be going home for New Years though and was really looking forward to seeing her family. Max and Liz knew how much she missed her home during the holidays and really tried to make sure she was kept busy and made to feel like a part of everything at the estate. It worked too, because Bernadette loved it here as did the other three young women living over the garage, they wanted for nothing.

Max tried to help Liz up from the table and she gave him a look that he understood perfectly…’back off’…and he stood back and allowed her to get up herself. Everyone at the table caught sight of that look and Diane had to stifle a laugh. Poor Max, he loved that girl so much that it would positively kill him if anything happened to her. Nancy just turned around and continued to clear the dishes, she couldn’t hide the smile on her face. Liz held her hands out for the twins and they took their mommy’s lead and headed for the small living room where they still had a lot of their toys from Santa. Liz sat in the rocking chair and talked to them while they played with various things and answered their little questions about certain items and they wanted to know more about Santa Claus too. Liz explained that Santa only came one time a year to very good little boys and girls and that they must have been very good little girls because Santa brought them lots and lots of things to play with. They looked at their mommy and smiled up at her. They wanted to sit on her lap so badly but Liz explained that they still had nine more sleeps and they nodded…they held up their little fingers and Liz reached over and took their baby fingers and laid them toward their palms and helped them count to nine. They giggled at their mommy…yesterday they counted to ten and they told her so too. Then Liz explained how, when one goes away there are only nine left. They weren’t too sure about all of this but they took her word for it and headed back to their toys. Max just shook his head and smiled…

“Do you really think they understand the concept of subtraction?” He asked.

“No not really…but they understand the concept of so many sleeps, it doesn’t hurt to keep explaining…someday it will sink in.”

“Okay sweetie…whatever you say. Now, how are you feeling?”

“Actually, better now that I ate something. I guess I was hungry and I didn’t realize it.” She answered. “I think I’ll sit on the couch with my feet up for awhile…they seem to be occupied for the time being.” As she pointed to the girls. Max nodded in agreement….

“I think they had a nice Christmas in spite of us. What do you think?”

“Oh God, I hope so. I think their grandparents and Isabelle, Alex ,Sandy and Bernadette made it great for them actually. I’m just sorry we missed it.”

“Me too sweetie but I am also very thankful that you are okay.” And with that he brought Liz in for a hug and a kiss on the top of her head. She felt so protected and loved and so very tired all of a sudden…she didn’t want to miss anymore of the holidays but she just had to take a nap. She snuggled into Max’s side and was asleep in no time. As Max recalled her pregnancy with the girls he remembered how tired she always got and never gave it a second thought. And, of course, she was recovering from surgery as well, poor thing.
*~*~*
Liz and Max headed into the doctor’s office for her follow up and Liz was feeling a whole lot better by now. The doctor had them take a seat in her office and asked Liz if she was having any problems or did she have any questions at all and then Liz dropped the hammer so to speak.

“Well, I do have a couple of questions. How did the X-Rays turn out and did the urinalysis and blood work show anything besides an elevated white blood count?”

Max looked over at her with a questioning look and the doctor just raised an eyebrow. She forgot who she was dealing with for a minute and so she told Liz what she wanted to know.

“Well, you’re a little anemic…which is no big deal….”

And Liz looked at her and said “Out with it.”

“Well, we would like to do some more X-rays on your back…there seems to be a couple of vertebrae out of alignment.”

Liz looked at the doctor for a second and Max grabbed her hand…she gave him a smile and then looked back at the doctor. She wanted to weigh her words very carefully so that everyone would understand where she was coming from.

“Alright, by ‘out of alignment’ do you mean there is no deterioration or slippage but just out of alignment?”

“Yes, just out of alignment. We can put you in traction and …”

Liz interrupted the doctor immediately…”I know how the medical profession feels about chiropractors but if all I have is a misaligned vertebrae I will see a chiropractor and have him put it back in for me.”

“Oh Liz, are you sure that’s what you want to do. A chiropractor will keep you coming back forever.”

“I’ll bet he won’t keep me coming back as often as a doctor and his traction contraption will…I’ll make a deal with you. If, after one month, my back is not back where it should be I will consider your treatment, you understand I did say ‘consider’ right?”

“Yes Liz, I understand. Do you have a chiropractor in mind?”

“Yes I do as a matter of fact…the team’s chiropractor. I’ve seen what he’s done with those baseball players and I am sure he will do wonders for me. All I can say is thank God…I really was thinking the worst and now that I know what the back pain is I am so relieved. You will never know how relieved I am…I knew the appendicitis wasn’t the only problem when I left the hospital but I wanted to give you enough time to get all of the test results in before causing anymore problems at home than we already have. Not that there are problems but I don’t need to be getting sick.”

Max grabbed Liz’s hand and she stopped talking and looked up into his eyes and realized she had kept a secret from him and he was pissed…along with the fact that she was starting to ramble. She wasn’t too sure she was ready to leave the doctor’s office just yet…Max needed time to calm down. What in the hell was she going to do now…’oh, I know’…

“Doctor, is there any follow up that I need to do regarding the surgery…Can I lift the girls yet?”

“No, Liz I don’t think you should be lifting them for another four weeks. It probably won’t hurt you but just to be on the safe side I wouldn’t. We don’t want you to get a hernia…after all your side has been weakened by the surgery.”

Liz knew all of this but she wanted Max to feel sorry for her and keep his mouth shut…

“Thank you doctor…will do. I’ll be in for my regular check up in about two weeks so I’ll see you then.”

“Good luck Liz.” The doctor knew exactly what she was up to and so did Max…what in the hell was wrong with her.

“Okay Mrs. Evans…what in the hell do you think you’re doing keeping something like that from me?”

“Oh Max, I didn’t want to upset anyone…I wasn’t sure about anything and I knew we had to wait for test results so I thought I’d wait and see.”

“Wait and see my ass Liz…you knew there was something besides the appendix and you kept it to yourself.”

“Yes Max I did…and I would do it again. I knew something wasn’t right but why should you have to worry along with me…until the test results were back there was absolutely nothing anyone could do. Now we know what it is and we’ll give Frank a call when we get home and see if he can see me and give me an adjustment and get things back where they belong.”

“Okay Liz, I’ll let you get away with it this time, but for God’s sake, will you promise me that you will share your worries with me from now on. What if it had been something serious and I wasn’t even aware that there was a possibility of something being wrong. How in the hell do you think I would have felt if there had been an emergency and I couldn’t even answer any questions…Liz you have to promise you won’t do this again.”

“Okay Max, I guess it was selfish on my part but I didn’t intend it to be.”

“Good…now let’s call Frank and get you fixed up.”

“Okay…thank you Max.”

“For what?”

“For loving me so much.”

Max reached over and grabbed Liz’s hand and kissed her open palm and smiled at her…”You’re welcome baby and ditto.”
*~*~*
And so they headed on home and made their phone call to Frank who was more than glad to provide Liz with his services. As a matter of fact he came to the estate and brought a collapsible table with him. To say that he was impressed with the place was an understatement and the Christmas tree in the entry really caught his eye. Max and Liz explained that the “magnificent seven” had decorated it and Frank raised an eyebrow. Liz started to giggle…I guess you aren’t aware of my nick name for the sons of the infield.

And then Frank smiled…”The little boys who gave you away at the wedding.”

Liz smiled and said “The very ones…I just love them.”

About that time the twins came running into the entry, took one look at Frank and grabbed their mommy’s legs, one each side, and peeked around at Frank. They were going to ask mommy to play with them but stopped dead in their tracks when they saw the stranger.

“Deana, Briana…this is Frank, he works with daddy. Can you say hello?”

“Heddo.” Came the reply from both girls…

Frank looked at the identical twins and thought if there were ever clones these two were certainly clones of their mother…

“Hello Deana and Briana. It’s so nice to meet you, did you have a nice Christmas?”

“Jesss.” They answered and then Liz bent down and told them to go see meema because mommy had to visit with Frank.

They looked at their mommy and then at Frank and said “Dood-bye Fwank.”

And Frank smiled at the twins as they ran toward one of the doorways at the other end of the hall.

Liz took Frank into the large living room and asked him if he could work in here…

“Of course Liz…has anyone ever told you that the girls are the image of you?”

Liz giggled, “Yes, quite a few people really. We don’t take them out a whole lot. To church, shopping sometime but most of their activities are conducted right here. As you can see there’s just about anything and everything they could possibly ever want right here. Max and I are over protective I guess but we really are terrified of kidnappers. Maybe we wouldn’t be as afraid if my situation had been different but it made us more aware of the insanity in the world and we guard them with our lives.”

“I see…I heard a little about your problems when you first came to Philadelphia but I wasn’t aware that you still felt threatened.”

“It isn’t so much that I feel threatened as it is an awareness of what could happen.”

“Uh-huh. Well shall we get started? Did you bring your X-rays with you from the doctors office for me. I really need to see what I’m dealing with here.”

“Yes, they’re right there on the coffee table and Max is getting the portable neon lamp for you out of one of the classrooms. He’ll be here in a minute. He probably had to stop and fill up a dollies bottle or something. I can venture a guess that’s what prompted the visit from the girls.”

Frank laughed at that remark…he just couldn’t picture Max Evans filling up a dollies bottle but then again he has a daughter of his own and he has done some strange things as well. Liz could read the expression on Frank’s face and giggled…

”It’s true you know…he even changes the dollies diapers before they go to bed if I’m not around. They have him right where they want him and God knows what it’s going to be like around here when the boys arrive. chaos…that’s what it’s going to be…utter and total chaos.”

“Oh, you’re pregnant?”

“Yes, I thought you knew…about three months, and I had an emergency appendectomy on Christmas day. I’m fine now and my doctor knows all about you. They wanted to put me in traction and I told them to give you a month and let’s see where we stand.”

Frank looked at the young woman and smiled…”You have that much faith in me?”

“Yes I do, I’ve seen what you do with the team and I trust you completely.”

About that time Max showed up with the neon light for Frank to check out Liz’s X-rays and apologized for being delayed.

“It seems the dollies were wet and there weren’t any diapers left in the diaper bag so I went upstairs and got them a supply of my handkerchiefs…I hope to hell they’re happy with that because I don’t what else to do for them.”

Frank and Liz both giggled…”I’m sure they’re fine Love…let’s get busy so Frank can get home to his own family.”

So after Frank took a look at Liz’s X-rays and knew what he needed to adjust he put Liz on the portable table and popped the vertebrae right back into it’s socket without a second thought. Liz got off the table and was pain free for the first time in weeks. She looked at Max and smiled and then went over and gave Frank a great big hug.

“If I feel this good tomorrow we won’t have to do this again.”

Frank looked at her and then at Max and smiled back…”I don’t think we will either. Sometime we just don’t know why they pop out but if we catch them in time it’s an easy fix. If you feel anymore pain you just give me a call Liz…I’ll be more than happy to come back and take care of you. Take care of all of those babies and if I don’t see you for this I’ll see you at the games. It has been a real pleasure.” And an eye opener he thought to himself. Mr. Joe cool giving his baby daughters his handkerchiefs for dolly diapers…what a story, my wife is going to love this.
*~*~*
And so winter came and went…spring practice started up and Liz got bigger and bigger. It seemed to her that she was bigger this time than she was with the girls but the doctor told her she didn’t measure any bigger and her weight was about the same so she just took her word for it and continued on with her daily routine. She was giving some serious thought to giving up her job for awhile though…and decided, after one particularly rough day on her feet to talk it over with Max. She knew that he would go along with whatever she wanted to do and even though she didn’t feel she had missed out on any of the girls growing up she just wanted to be an at home mom. She loved being a mommy and she really wanted to do this. The more she thought about it the more she knew it was what she wanted to do.

She had completed the project that Mr. Appleby and Mr. Jarred had saved for her and it was a complete success…she had completed her study isolating the gene that had Tess going over the edge as well as several other projects and now she just wanted to stay home and be a mom. It was time.

When she got home that night from work the girls were waiting for her by the back door she stooped down to their level and took them both into her arms and hugged them for dear life. There was nothing any better than this she thought. She couldn’t wait for Max to get home to tell him what she wanted to do.

They had been in their new home for over a month now and although there were not individual suites for everyone there was ample space to live, enjoy and grow. They had provided a very large space for the girls to share a play room plus individual bedrooms that were basically connected to each other by French doors which could be left open and as they grew older they could be closed for privacy. There was a huge nursery with ample space for play things for the boys as well and as they grew older they would have the same set up as the girls. Everything was ready for the new babies and the girls were excited about being big sisters. They didn’t fully understand the concept yet but it wouldn’t be long now. They had celebrated their birthdays just a month before and were growing into very self sufficient little girls…or so they thought.

Olivia now worked at the new home with them only because Liz, Max and the girls all loved her and they didn’t want to give her up to the facility.
*~*~*

mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Lyin' Eyes: (mature) AU, M/L: ch:58 pp:12 - 03/21/09

Post by mary mary »

Destiny:Yes, but only three pregnancies.... :D
LilLoucfer:After two it doesn't matter...the work is the same and thank God they don't all need you at the same time. And besides...look at the help she's got...my word all she needs to do is bathe and play!!! :lol: :) :lol:
Jan:Your feed back always puts a smile on my face....thx. :D
Carolyn:Yes, I've made some changes. i always try to read the chapter before posting and sometimes things don't make sense or I would like to add or delete so, yeah, it's changed some. :)
Ken:thanks... :D

*~*~*
A/N...sorry guys, but I think I mis-numbered my chapters, but they are all here, honest. :lol:

Chapter: 58

The new personnel at the facility were all chosen by Max and Liz. They had to be people who loved kids, had kids and mostly were grandmother types. Diane would oversee these caregivers and the people that were hired were not aware that Diane had any personal interest in the facility at all. It worked out very well that way. Diane had the authority to fire at will and the personnel all had to sign an at will policy before being hired and it was made perfectly clear to them what an at will policy was.

These children would be loved regardless of how impossible they seemed. Joanne, Cynthia, Claudine and Bernadette also had firing privileges and so it went…these children would be loved and protected by an awfully lot of caring people.

The teachers were also chosen for their ability to deal with special children as well and the psychiatrists and psychologists were also children’s doctors dealing in children’s problems. Even though they had not opened yet they had the majority of the personnel chosen and were ready to open the doors shortly.
*~*~*
Liz stood up after giving the girls their hugs and kisses after helping them with their baths and when she did she managed to be standing in a puddle of water…Deana piped up with…”Mommy, do’s you need a keen dipah?”

Liz looked down at her sweet face and said “No sweetheart, Mommy needs Daddy, can you find him for me?”

“Chore…” and she ran off to find her daddy.

“Daddy…comed on, mommy wet hoa dipah.”

Max looked at the little one and stared questioningly and then it dawned on him…Liz’s water broke…

“Olivia…come here a second okay.”

Olivia came quickly because Max never summoned her and Deana took them both to the back door where Liz stood holding her stomach…Olivia grabbed the girls hands and told them that they had to go to the kitchen and get something for daddy and Max took the back stairs two at a time and grabbed a clean pair of slacks and underwear for Liz plus her bag that was packed and sitting by the closet door.

By the time he got back downstairs Liz was practically undressed and waiting for him…Liz dressed quickly and Max picked her up and carried her to the car and went back for the suitcase. He headed to the kitchen to tell the girls to stay with Luv until meema got there and when he and mommy came home they would have their new baby brothers with them. The girls looked at their daddy with a very skeptical expression and Max just picked them up and hugged them and told them he loved them and to listen to meema and he would see them later.

By the time he got back to the car Liz was near hysterics…and Liz never got hysterical. “Max, if we don’t get going we will have to go back upstairs and do this ourselves…trust me.”

“Okay Liz, what do you want to do?”

“Just hurry Max…trust me, you need to hurry.”

And with that Max was on his way. Liz called the doctor on her cell and told her the situation…she was clocking her pains at two minutes and hoped they would get to the hospital in time…the doctor told her to keep her legs together and try to control the contractions…Liz laughed. “You’re kidding, right? Have you ever had diarrhea and tried to stop it? I don’t think so.” The doctor laughed at Liz and Liz didn’t appreciate it one damned bit…these boys were on their way and nothing on God’s earth was going to stop them.

By the time Max got to the hospital the emergency crew was waiting with a wheel chair and had her on her way to delivery before Max even got the car parked. Max barely made it back to the delivery room before Gerard and then Parker made his appearance.

Both baby boys had red hair…what in the hell…where did the red hair come from and then he thought, Nancy and Mom both have light hair, I guess that’s where it came from. They had Max’s eyes though and his ears. Bless their little hearts they did look like their daddy except for that hair. The doctor looked at Max and said…”It will probably darken up Max. It usually does after a couple of years. We don’t know why.”

“It’s okay doc…both Liz’s mom and my mom have the lightish red hair look.”

“Oh, I didn’t know that.”

“Yes. Liz and I both take after our dads with the dark hair and brown eyes…both of our mom’s have light hair. They’re beautiful…Briana and Deana will love them as well as the grandparents. This is wonderful…life is just great doc…just great.”

And then Liz looked over at Max and smiled…he bent over and kissed her forehead and told her the boys were beautiful…

“I want to see them Max.”

And Max held out his arms to the nurses and they gave him his sons to present to his wife. Liz held out her arms and took Gerard and gave him a big kiss on the forehead and then she held out her arms again and Max laid Parker in her waiting arms and she kissed his little forehead as well.

“Max, they look just like you but they have red hair like our Moms…can you believe it?”

Max looked down at her and smiled…”Yes they certainly do don’t they…do you think they’ll be nerds?”

“Maxwell Evans, I can’t believe you would say that about 20 minute old babies…no they won’t be nerds…my God.”

The doctor and nurses were having a really tough time keeping straight faces with these two carrying on about nerds. They couldn’t believe this conversation…it was hysterical.

And then Gerard decided it was time to let the world know he was here and started to squeal which got his brother started and Liz cuddled both babies and told them that their daddy was a bad boy and they shouldn’t listen to him when he talked like that… Both babies quieted down immediately and snuggled into their mommy and went to sleep.

“Typical males.” Was Max’s only remark…Liz gave him a look that got him chuckling and then he wanted to know how soon she wanted to go home. She said as soon as the babies were all checked out by the pediatrician and he had time to go and make his phone calls. So that’s what Max did…he called his Mom and then Liz’s mom and then Maria. Calling Maria was like taking a full page ad out in the Chronicle, everyone would know within the hour.

When he got back to Liz’s room she and the boys were sound asleep and the pediatrician was just leaving. He gave Max a full set of instructions which he informed Max that he was sure he knew everything that was written on those pages and Max smiled at the man and thanked him. Both baby boys were in excellent condition and it seemed they were perfectly content with their mommy. Max told the doctor he had no doubt that they were and bid the man good night after thanking him for his help.

Max went back outside of the room and called his Mom who was staying at the house with the girls and he talked to the girls and told them all about their baby brothers and as soon as mommy woke up and felt good again he would be bringing them home. They should be good girls and listen to meema and he would see them for breakfast. They told their daddy ‘dood night’ and they ‘wuved him’ and Max melted. Life just kept getting better and better. And when Liz woke up and was ready to go home Max helped her get dressed, they changed the boys into their going home clothes and bid the hospital crew goodnight, or good morning. Although Max hadn’t had any sleep Liz and the boys were good to go. Max thanked the crew for everything before he bundled up his little family and was on his way.
*~*~*
When they arrived home they found four grandparents and two very excited little girls waiting for them…Deana and Briana didn’t know what to do. They hugged and kissed their mommy who had a baby in her arms and then daddy came in with another baby in his arms. Was there one for each of them they asked and everyone laughed at them. Liz explained that each of them got two brothers just like their new brothers each had two sisters. They looked very confused, and then Nancy explained it like this.

“Briana and Deana, each of you have a mommy and daddy and now you each have two brothers that have the same mommy and daddy and that makes four of you instead of two of you. You are all brothers and sisters and you all belong to each other…not just one at a time but always four at a time.”

And Briana said in her little voice “An dis is dood wight?”

And Max couldn’t resist…”An dis is dood…” and Liz just laughed at him.

They went into their new living room which was big but not like the estate and sat down with everyone. The grandmother’s got to hold the babies and Liz got to hold her daughters and allowed them to see their brothers for the first time. Deana said…”theywl hayah is wed wike gwans hayah.” And Liz said “Yes…their hair is red like grans hair, you’re right.” And she had to chuckle…they didn’t miss a trick, so far nobody mentioned the ears…thank God.
*~*~*
For the first six weeks or so Max and Liz placed the boys in one large baby crib, it seemed to work with the girls and the boys seemed to be happy with the sleeping arrangements as well. They could place them sideways and they had plenty of room. No one had told them to do this but they had read stories about twins and their bonding so rather than use two small bassinets they used one large crib. Max decided that his wife was a genius when it came to making babies happy, and God knows their babies all seemed happy. She was so relaxed with them, it was hard to believe that she had the upbringing she did.

The girls were thrilled with their baby brothers and Liz was thrilled with the girls. They were so careful around the babies and watched everything that Liz did with them. They took just as good a care of their dollies as Liz and Max did with the babies and the boys loved their sisters. They seemed to know when they were in the room and their little eyes followed them everywhere.
As they got older they couldn’t wait to see them in the morning and they talked and jabbered to each other just the way Deana and Briana had done.
*~*~*
So far they kept their clothes on but Liz figured the day would come when they would wiggle out of their pajama’s as well. There wasn’t much difference between the two boys than there was with the girls except remembering to lay a diaper over their little naked bodies…they had managed to squirt everyone at one time or another. Max just beamed when they did this…he said it was the prowess of a man…Liz just jabbed him in the ribs and told him prowess had nothing to do with it, it was stupidity on the person doing the dressing of the child.

And so two more Christmas’s came and went and the following spring Jeffery Philip “JP” came along. JP didn’t have a twin to keep him company but that was okay. He had two four year old sisters and two two year old brothers to keep him company and the Evans family was really growing. Max and Liz loved every minute of it. There wasn’t a happier group of kids around and the magnificent seven, even though they were getting to be high school age still visited the Evans, and now that they were driving they were there even more often.

The seven taught ice hockey at the children’s clinic and had special interest groups from their school come and show the kids how to do many extra curricular projects. They all had girlfriends that showed an interest in the facility as well and they even came and worked with the kids. The facility was becoming very well known across the country for it’s homey atmosphere and caring personnel. There was a waiting list that extended for two years. Max’s team mates had similar facilities across the US and it was becoming a very popular business venture for many athletes but most people wanted into Max’s facility…only because it was the first I guess.
*~*~*
The Christmas JP was six months old Max and Liz prepared a special Christmas card for their family and friends and they couldn’t have been happier with the results. Uncle Alex helped with it and this is the results.
Last edited by mary mary on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:01 am, edited 4 times in total.

mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Lyin' Eyes: (mature) AU, M/L: complete pp:12 - 03/23/09

Post by mary mary »

Destiny:I had to put it in...I was going to stretch it out until Christmas but I wanted to start on a 'fluffy' sequel. :D :D :D
Jan:Thank you :D
Chula:Thank you too.... :D

*~*~*

Chapter: 59

Ten month old JP was watching his daddy shave and get ready for work
while sitting on the bathroom counter jabbering away. Max continued to carry on a conversation with his youngest child even though he couldn’t understand a word the baby said besides ‘da da’.

“Well, JP, what do you and mommy have planned today? Are you going to play with your sisters and brothers and then take a nap while Daddy’s at work?”

JP pointed at Max’s razor and said…”Da Da, mine…”

Max chuckled, “Yes JP…I’m Da Da.”

JP pointed to Max’s razor and repeated, “Da Da, mine.”

Max finished shaving and put the baby on his hip and carried him to the bedroom and saw that Liz was missing.

“Liz, where are you sweetie. We’re finished shaving and I need to get dressed.”

Liz showed up at the door with Briana in tow with one braid half finished and said…

“Just one more minute Max…I’m almost finished.” And she finished with Briana’s hair so she would be ready to go to school with her Daddy. The girls attended school at the mansion with the children that were there. Liz felt better about allowing the girls go to school with Max rather than taking a chance at the local schools. She was still over-protective with her children. There were some things she just couldn’t get used to.

After Liz had the girls ready she took JP and headed to his room to bathe and dress him. Soon Max and the girls were ready to leave and when Liz went looking for JP she found him in their bedroom trying to climb up to the bathroom sink. Liz immediately grabbed for the tyke before he managed to climb onto the vanity stool and JP started to cry.

“Hey big guy, what’s wrong?”

JP pointed to Max’s razor and said “Mine.”

“No JP, daddy’s razor.”

JP cried harder, pointed and said, “Mine.”

“No, Daddy’s!” Liz said in a sterner tone.

JP would have no part of it….”Mine.” he sobbed and screamed…

Max came running into the bathroom to see what all of the commotion was and JP held his little arms out to his daddy and Max took him immediately and Liz just shrugged her shoulders and told both sets of twins to go downstairs and play until they came down for them….and JP continued to cry.

“What’s wrong big guy? Is mommy being mean to that boy?”

Liz gave Max a glare and Max just chuckled…JP pointed to the razor and said. “Mine.”

Max looked at Liz and she shrugged again and nodded towards the razor…

Max looked perplexed….”No JP, you can’t have daddy’s razor.”

JP screamed this time and shouted through his tears….”MINE!”

About that time Olivia came running up the stairs and barreled into the bathroom wondering what in the name of heaven was going on and JP held out his little arms to his best friend. Olivia immediately held her arms out to the baby and Max gladly handed him over…JP pointed to the razor amid sobs and screams and said. “Mine.”

Olivia now understood…a tantrum, a the most unusual occurrences in this household.

“No JP, that will hurt you.” And JP screamed louder and pointed … That was about all Liz could handle. She took the youngster into her arms and headed for his room. She diapered his little bottom…put him into his crib with his teddy bear and left the room…she quietly said as she left him alone…”Sleep it off JP.” And was gone.

Before Max headed downstairs again he peeked into the baby’s room and went over to his crib. JP was sound asleep still shuddering from his fit of tears.
Max placed a kiss on the baby’s head and patted his little bottom…

”You’re going to have to learn JP, she always wins.” And Max left the baby’s room with a broken heart. He could give him a razor without blades but he could wind up getting one that wasn’t safe and they would really have a problem so he just let it go.

Downstairs Briana, Deana, Gerard and Parker were all in the family room watching cartoons while Olivia and Liz prepared their breakfast. Max walked in to join the kids at the same time Liz came in to announce it was time to eat and Briana asked her mother if JP was okay.

“Of course he’s okay. Some lessons are just a little harder to learn than others.”

Max just smiled at his little wife and gave her a hug. He knew it was for JP’s own good but he also knew it was tough on Liz to have done what she did. He wanted to assure her that he agreed with her 100% and they all went to breakfast.

There was baby monitors all through the house and about an hour later Liz heard JP jabbering to himself so she went up to see how he was. He stood in his crib and held his little arms up to his mother who grabbed him up out of his crib and hugged him to her chest and planted kisses all over his tiny face. She felt awful for hurting his little feelings but she couldn’t give in to him and she knew it oh so well.

“Are you ready to face the day JP? We can play with Parker and Gerard and have lots of fun…what do you say?”

“Mama…” JP answered. Liz just smiled and went into JP’s bathroom and fixed his bathwater for him. When she turned around JP was crawling lickety-split toward her and Max’s bathroom and she followed. He reached into the dirty clothes basket and came back with Max’s tee shirt. “Oh God” she thought to herself. She immediately went to Max’s drawer and took a clean tee shirt and put some of Max’s aftershave on it and held it out to the baby.

“Hey, JP, come here sweetheart…try a clean one.” JP immediately headed to his mother and dropped the dirty tee shirt in his wake. He sat down and hugged the shirt and Liz picked him and his shirt up and took him back to his room where she continued to get him dressed and ready for the day.

When Max came home with the girls about 3:30 in the afternoon JP and the boys were playing with their hot wheels in the play room and JP was sitting on Max’s tee shirt.

“Liz, what’s with the tee shirt?” Max was confused.

“Well, it seems that he wants a piece of his daddy with him and since he can’t have your razor he chose a tee shirt.”

“Well if he wants a tee shirt we’ll just buy him a truck load of them.” Max said.

“Oh no Max. It can’t be any old tee shirt, it has to be one of your tee shirts. Think about it. Briana and Deana have each other since the womb…Parker and Gerard the same. JP has his daddy…he loves his sisters and brothers but he wants his daddy so the next best thing is something of daddy’s. Therefore, the tee shirt seems to fit the bill.”
*~*~*
JP carried those tee shirts around for four years…Max wanted to know if they were going to pack one in his lunch pail. The tee-shirts went to the market, the play ground, out to dinner and to church on Sunday.

“You’re the psychologist, you tell me!” Liz laughed…she was sure that JP wouldn’t want the kids in school to know that he was a baby and eventually gave up the shirts. Of course Gerard and Parker had a lot to do with it…teasing eventually catches up with a person.

And so, the Evans’ clan continued to thrive and grow and everyone was as happy as a family could be. They had their little differences but for the most part they were few and far between and they remained as close and as loyal as any family could be. Max and Liz couldn’t have been happier and the Children’s Facility was a huge success.
*~*~*
Liz attended Kyle and Tess’s wedding in Connecticut the year after JP was born…Max chose not to acknowledge Liz’s question when she presented him with the invitation.

She knew she broke her promise to him about never mentioning her name in his presence but she felt she should. Max didn’t say anything about her attending alone as long as she didn’t expect him to go. It was beautiful and when Tess had her babies Liz made sure they were tested for any genetically inherited problems. They were both fine and Tess and Kyle couldn’t thank Liz enough. Liz was more than happy to see to the health of their children and was sure to make them both understand that they could call on her anytime they needed her.

And so we leave our little family until the next story…”Meet the Evans’”

*~*~*

A/N: The story took a completely different direction than I had originally intended but I decided to keep the title anyway…Maybe next time I’ll stick to my outline a little better. I Really do like the song though….

Thank you all for reading my story and a special thanks for all of the positive feedback.