February 14 (M/L, Teen) Epi 2/14/09 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

February 14 (M/L, Teen) Epi 2/14/09 [COMPLETE]

Post by mary mary »

Summary: Happy Valentines Day…’nuff’ said ( mostly fluff)

Disclaimer: I have absolutely nothing to do with the Show Roswell or any of it’s constituents. I have borrowed the names of the characters simply because I like them.
*~*~*
Chapter: 1

February 14, 2004

Sixteen year old Max Evans was standing there with his friend Michael Guerin when he saw the two young girls walk in through the double green doors of the roller skating rink…the lights had just been turned down and the revolving mirrored ball with it’s colored spots shining on it was making the oak floor look alive with colors of the rainbow. He couldn’t believe his eyes. Her face was framed in this beautiful sheath of brown curls and she had the biggest brown eyes and the most beautiful smile he had ever seen.

“Look at her Michael…” Max said in awe of the vision before him.

Michael took a look and shrugged his shoulders…’eh’ just another girl.
*~*~*
Fourteen year old Liz Parker had just moved to Roswell, New Mexico from California and had been ‘ordered’ to accompany her seventeen year old cousin Tess to the skating rink by her Aunt Jo. Liz was staying with Aunt Jo and her family while her parents made the trip to Roswell in a u-haul. Feeling the family needed a change her parents had purchased the ‘Crashdown Café’. Nancy’s sister Jo insisted that Roswell, N.M. was just the place…small and easy going.

Liz wasn’t too happy about the ‘request’ her Aunt Jo had made because she had just transferred to a new school and although she was a straight A student she had some significant changes in her curriculum and was trying to adjust. It was Tuesday night and she had done her homework but wanted to go over everything to make sure she was prepared for the next day. Tess on the other hand had only one interest and that was to get to the roller skating rink as fast as she could because Kyle was going to be waiting for her. Tess’ mother had forbidden her to date Kyle because she felt he was a little on the wild side but that wasn’t going to deter Tess one bit. The wild in Kyle was what made him interesting.

As the girls waited in line to get their rental skates they were still dressed in their warm long coats and scarves. The weather could be quite chilly in the desert evenings…much like California. Liz had worn her short skating skirt and sweater under her coat along with her knee high boots. She was, after all, only going from the house to the rink and back.

She preferred ice skating to roller skating because ice skates were much lighter and easier to handle as far as she was concerned but she was only here for Tess anyway so it didn’t matter. They finally got to the head of the line and retrieved the right sized skates and Liz noticed how filthy they looked…did they ever polish these things she wondered? And she scrunched her face up into a disbelieving scowl.

Max couldn’t take his eyes off of her…he sort of chuckled at her expression when he saw the look on her face at the sight of the skates the attendant put into her hands. She had given Tess a look that Tess chose to ignore and then Tess led them to a bench along the sidelines of the rink to change from their shoes into the skates. Max was mesmerized and Michael was disgusted with him. Max never acted this way over girls what was wrong with him now?

When the two young girls removed their coats and lay them on the bench Max was still watching and then Liz stood up.

Oh.My.God. Max couldn’t believe the sight before him. She was tiny…very well put together and very ‘tiny’. She was probably one of the most shapely tiny girls he had ever seen in his life and that chocolate hair came down to the middle of her back. She was so short but had the longest, shapeliest legs he had ever seen and she was beautiful, breath taking in fact. Max just stood there with his mouth agape and Michael finally jabbed him in the ribs and said “Come on Max, what’s wrong with you?”

Max finally came to and looked at Michael through a haze…”Nothing’s wrong Mike, honest, absolutely nothing.” And Max smiled at his friend as he pushed off into the middle of the skaters going around and around to the sounds of the organ in the background.
*~*~*
“Tess, look at these filthy boots on these skates…we could catch something.” Liz had her nose all wrinkled and was making horrible faces at the dirty skates. Tess just looked at her and said…

”Oh for God’s sake Liz, just put the damn things on and enjoy yourself will you?”

Liz couldn’t believe her cousin’s attitude. She knew one thing for sure, she would certainly be glad when her parents got here…she didn’t want to be here at all and then she saw him. ‘Good Lord, who is that boy looking at?’
She thought to herself, and then “that boy” skated over and asked Liz if she would like to skate with him. Liz’s eyes got bigger than they already were and she looked at Tess…Tess smiled at Max, recognizing him from school, and said…”sure she would.” And then Tess gave Liz a shove into Max’s arms. Max wasn’t prepared for the sudden thrust against his chest but he caught Liz effortlessly, she weighed less than the weights he used when working out in the gym, and he gently guided her onto the skating rink floor.

Liz’s mind was running a mile a minute…’oh my’ she thought…’I don’t skate with boys…my dad is going to kill me…my mom is going to yell at me’ and then Max took her hand and gently led her onto the floating oak skating floor and put his right arm around her waist softly and rested around her waist and held her left hand in his left hand very firmly and smiled at her. Liz was terrified at what her parents would do to her if they found out she had skated with a boy and Tess had no idea that her cousin was suffering from so much inner turmoil.
*~*~*
“What’s your name?” He asked her.

“Liz” she said “Everyone calls me Liz.” Liz never changed her expression, she just concentrated on what her feet were doing. Max could feel the tension in her body as she answered him…and he knew he needed to help her relax.

“Hello Liz, I’m Max…how do you know Tess?” Max smiled warmly at Liz as he spoke; he was full of confidence and he wanted to find out all about her.

“She’s my cousin…her mother asked me to come skating with her this evening. I didn’t want to come because I have school tomorrow and I’m not really sure about all of the new surroundings yet.” Liz bit her bottom lip, her nervousness was really showing and Max could see right away that this wasn’t going to be easy.

“What do you mean by new surroundings? Did you just move here? Are you going to W. Roswell High?”

“Yes, I flew in last week and started to W. Roswell yesterday. My parents bought the Crashdown and will be here sometime this week. They are bringing all of our belongings in a u-haul and it doesn’t look like they’re in much of a hurry to get here.” Max could feel Liz start to relax a little bit and asked…

“What grade are you in Liz”

“I’m a freshman. I was attending a private school in California and this is the first public school I have ever attended. Aunt Jo told my parents that it was time I learned what the real world was like, whatever that means.”

Max was really surprised that Liz was only a freshman…she didn’t look real young but he was a junior so that meant he was a little older than she was…this scared him a little because he really wanted to get to know her better…

“Do you date at all Liz?”

“Oh my no…I’m not allowed to date until I’m sixteen…that’s what my mother tells me, my dad said thirty but we both laughed at him when he said that.” Max chuckled at her when she said that as well…then he asked…

“When will you be sixteen Liz?” Liz looked at Max and smiled and said, “Two years Max.” And she started to relax a little.

Max thought about that for a while and soon the music was over for the first couples skate and Max told Liz thanks and deposited her back at Tess’ side. Liz smiled and said thank you back and Max skated off to meet Michael.
*~*~*
“Well, who is she Max?” Michael asked his best friend.

“Her name is Liz, she started to W. Roswell yesterday, she’s a freshman, her parents just bought the Crashdown, Tess is her cousin and she can’t date until she’s 16 and she’s 14 right now.”

“Well hell Max, what’s her bra size?” Michael grinned…Max punched his best friend in the arm and said…

“Careful Michael, she’s a nice one.” And Michael eyed his long time friend with a strange expression on his face…
*~*~*
“Well, what did you think of our star football player Liz?” Tess asked with a smirk…

“Who?”

“Max, Liz, the guy you were skating with. He doesn’t bother with girls as a rule…What did you think of him?”

“What’s to think Tess…we skated, he asked questions I answered his questions the skate is over. It’s a done deal.”

“You are hopeless Liz…just plain hopeless.” And Tess skated off leaving Liz standing alone next to the benches. Liz just sat down and watched the people go around and around when soon she noticed that she had lost complete track of Tess…she was nowhere to be seen. Oh well, maybe she should call Aunt Jo to come and get her, but then Aunt Jo would want to know where Tess was and Liz had no clue…she’d just have to wait.

It wasn’t long before another boy skated over to where Liz was sitting patiently and wanted to know if she would like to skate with him and Liz said “No thank you.” So the young man decided to just sit down next to Liz and find out a little more about her. She was new to the skating rink but she came with Tess and everyone knew what Tess was like so Tommy figured this one had to be the same type, right? He draped his arm around Liz’s shoulder and Liz tried to move away but there was nowhere to go. She started biting her lower lip very nervously…and…about that time Max saw what was happening over on the benches and knew this could mean trouble for Liz. Although it wasn’t any of his business he knew that Liz was too young to handle Tommy so he headed on over.

“Hi Liz…how about another go around?” Max smiled and held out his hand…Liz’s look of relief shown all over her face and she reached out and took Max’s hand gratefully. “See ya around Tommy.” Max said as he gave Tommy a ‘hands off’ look. Tommy couldn’t believe Evans just did that…he never paid attention to any girl…none.

“Thank you Max…I know I shouldn’t be afraid to be here alone but I am. I have no idea where Tess went and I just don’t like that boys’ attitude.” Max smiled as he guided Liz around the rink…

“That’s very wise of you Liz…Tommy isn’t the nicest of guys and I don’t want you to think we’re all like that. How are you going to get home?” Max asked.

“Oh, Aunt Jo will be coming for us around 10:30. I hope she doesn’t forget.”

Max was very familiar with Aunt Jo, she was always trying to keep track of Tess…with not much luck either…

“Don’t worry Liz, she’ll be here and I won’t leave you until Tess shows up again. That will probably be around 10:15”

“What do you mean, 10:15?”

Max smiled…”She’s with Kyle. I saw them leave right after we first skated.”

“Oh my, Aunt Jo is going to have a fit if she finds out. I’ll sure be glad when my parents get here and I don’t have to go with her anymore.” Liz was so thankful to Max for spending time with her.

“Tess told me you play football, what position do you play?” Liz asked.

“Quarterback, do you like football?”

“I do, but I don’t know enough about it to really understand all of it, I went to an all girl school in California and the closest we ever to came to sports was kneeling and standing at Mass.”

Max laughed out loud at her reply …”Catholic calisthenics.” He managed to squeeze out through his laughter…

“Yeah, you know about that do you?” Liz grinned back at him…

“Pretty much.” And the next hour and a half went by very quickly for both of our teenagers. They really enjoyed each others company and when Tess showed up right at 10:15, like Max had predicted, Liz thanked Max for staying with her.

“It was my pleasure Liz and I’ll probably see you at school and the Crash…that’s what all the kids call the Crashdown.” Liz smiled and said “See ya.” and glared at her cousin, who looked a mess. They never spoke another word to each other the entire evening nor the next day. Liz wanted to tell her aunt but knew it would only cause problems and not make a bit of difference so she just kept her mouth shut. She did refuse to accompany her cousin on any future outings though…not even to the grocery store.
*~*~*
Liz and Max saw each other every day at school and Max made sure that none of the jocks bothered her and Liz enjoyed being a part of the ‘real world’ as Aunt Jo liked to call it. She and Tess had very little to do with each other and Tess and Kyle made a lot of use of the eraser room during study hall and lunch breaks.
*~*~*
Last edited by mary mary on Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: February 14 A/U-M/L Teen Ch. 1 pp.1 2/9/09

Post by mary mary »

Jan:Thank you! :D
Hunter:Thanks! :D
Eve: Hello, how are you? :)
destiny:Me too!!! :)
LilLoucfer:Keep the title in mind... :) :) :)
Ken:Mu Philosophy!!! They have to end happily...life is too tough to make up unhappy stories. :?
Roswell4life:Yes! :)

*~*~*

Chapter: 2

February 14, 2006

Liz drove her and her friend Maria in her little VW to the skating rink for an evening out as Maria liked to put it and Liz giggled at her friend as she explained excitedly that they were going to meet the men of their dreams tonight.

“Sure Maria, we really need to meet the men of our dreams at the ripe old age of 16. What’s wrong with you? We have YEARS to meet the men of our dreams for goodness sake.”

“Oh lighten up Liz…just be thankful your dad let both of us off this evening so we can get out and do something fun for a change. After it is Valentines' Day. This coming home from school, working and then doing home work gets old you know.”

“Well, yeah, but we have to plan for our futures; we have to set goals and achieve them, we need to be able to be self sufficient.” Liz stated very matter of factly and nodded her head as she drove.

Maria looked at her friend through squinted eyes and just shook her head back and forth…”You are hopeless Liz Parker…absolutely hopeless.” And Maria smiled a knowing smile…what was she ever going to do with her best friend?

Liz just gave her friend a smile and found a parking space close to the front of the parking lot, under a street lamp like her mother told her to do and both girls exited the car and got their skates from the trunk. Liz didn’t want any part of the filthy skates at the rink anymore and the first thing she did with her first paycheck was buy a pair of her own roller skates. The only time she ever got to use her ice skates in Roswell was once a year, at Christmas, when the town flooded a portion of the park and froze it.

Maria already had a pair of roller skates that had belonged to her mother that looked brand new. Maria told Liz they looked new because her mother never really used them to skate, she only used them as an excuse to get out of the house. It reminded Liz of Tess.

When Liz and Maria walked into the rink Liz noticed Max and Michael over in the corner talking to some guys from school. Max had graduated last summer and was attending the University of New Mexico as was Michael. She and Max had remained friends since the first night she had met him at the skating rink two years ago and she waved as she and Maria went to find a place to sit and change into their skates. It wasn’t two minutes before Max skated over to her and took a seat next to her.

“Hey Liz…happy valentine’s day.” Max smiled and Liz giggled…

“Thanks Max, same to you. You remember Maria don’t you? Maria this is Max, he graduated last June…quarterback on the football team?”

“Of course I know Max Liz, for God’s sake do you think I’m an idiot?” Maria was quite indignant that Liz would think she didn't remember Max Evans...every girl in school wanted him and a lot of them were just a little jealous of Max and Liz's friendship if truth be known.

Liz just looked at her friend and raised an eyebrow and grinned at her…Max chuckled and said

“Hey Maria, nice to see you.” And then Michael skated over and Max reintroduced everyone to make sure they all knew one another and then the lights turned down and Max held his hand out to Liz who was up and out on the rink in no time holding onto Max's hand as he led her around the rink with his right arm wrapped around her waist.

Michael looked at Maria and asked her if she would like to skate and she gave him a smile and said “Sure, why not.” And soon they were going around the rink with everyone else.

“I noticed you brought your own skates this time.” Max smiled, remembering the look on Liz’s face the first time he saw her.

She looked up into his amber eyes and smiled, “You do know that you could probably get hoof and mouth disease from those things they rent don’t you?”

Max laughed at her again…he remembered she really was fun to talk to and then he just had to ask…

”Are you sixteen Liz?”

Liz blushed as she remembered their first conversation they had just one year ago today and had a sneaking suspicion where this was leading. She also knew, that as much as she would want to, it wasn’t going to happen.

“Yes Max…I was sixteen in December.”

“Are you dating yet?” Max asked with a hint of hopefulness to his voice. He knew he was in college but he was still only 2 years older than she was and it could happen, couldn’t it?

“Not yet Max…” Liz looked up at Max with a strange look on her face…Max couldn’t place what was going through her mind…he wished he could read her better.

Liz was hoping that this could happen but knew better…

“Are you planning on attending college next year?”

Max had to know what her plans were. He had been waiting for two years to have an opportunity to get to know her and nothing had changed since the first time he laid eyes on her. She was just the most precious person he had ever met.

“Yes. Dad wants me to go to Harvard but I really don’t think I want to go there. If I go too far from home I think I would rather go West rather than East. I like California but I am also getting used to the deserts of New Mexico, I have made new friends and I like it here. We’ll see…there’s still some time. I know I have SAT’s and all of that to do and applications but I really don’t want to think about that right now.”

Liz looked very serious all of a sudden and Max had the feeling that he was getting into something that was best left alone. Apparently she and her father were not seeing eye to eye on the road she wanted to take, so Max changed the subject.

“How is Tess doing? I haven’t seen or heard anything of her since she graduated.” Max asked.

“Oh she’s doing…that’s about all I can say about her. Aunt Jo and Uncle Ed are at their wits end with her. She goes to the University of Oklahoma, belongs to a sorority and has the GPA of a gnat according to Aunt Jo. The sad part about Tess is that she is really smart. She’s just wild…there’s no other way to describe her. Maybe someday someone will tame her.”

Max smiled at her as she continued to talk about the family and Tess and then she asked,

“What about you Max…how are you doing. I heard you were attending UNM on a football scholarship, are things working out for you okay?”

“Of course. It’s really tough though, going from the star quarterback in high school to the freshman team in college. It’s a lot different. Nobody cares whether you get good grades or not, whether you turn in homework or not or whether you even show up to class. You either do what’s expected or you fail…It’s all up to you. The only person you have to rely on is yourself and if you screw up your gone.”

Max kind of left it there thinking it was getting a little deep again.

“So, what you’re saying is, grow up or your gone?”

“Exactly.” Max answered.

“Then Tess can’t be as bad as Aunt Jo says she is, otherwise she would be home. Is that right?”

“Well, not exactly. If her parents are willing to keep paying the tuition and room and board I guess she can stay there forever. In my case, my parents will not pay for me to waste my time. I work part time as it is in the library and manage to keep up my grades as well as football. Michael works in the school cafeteria and manages to work in his art study off campus as well.”

“Michael studies art?”

Max chuckled at Liz’s expression…”Shocking isn’t it? Yes, Michael's a very good artist and is in college on a full art scholarship. We share an apartment together. It’s actually cheaper for the two of us to room together than it is for us to stay in the dorm. We can cook our own meals and groceries are cheaper than cafeteria meals.”

“Really…that’s very interesting.” Liz now looked very deep in thought and Max couldn’t get over how easy it was to talk to her about anything, she seemed so interested in whatever he had to say.

“Liz, would you go out on a date with me sometime?”

“Absolutely Max, you can count on it but not in the near future. I don’t even want to think about telling my parents that I am going on my first date with a college freshman. But Max, if you still want to date me, let’s say, in two years…please let me know.” And Liz gave Max a sweet smile and a big sigh.

“You can count on it Liz, honest.” And Max squeezed Liz’s hand as they continued to skate around and around the rink very relaxed with each other.
*~*~*
Liz and Maria climbed into Liz’s car parked under the street lamp about 10:45 and they both had big smiles on their faces.

“Well girlfriend, spill.” Maria smiled…

“Spill what Maria…you were there.”

“Yeah and it looked awfully cozy from where I was.” Maria smirked.

“It certainly did, you and Michael seemed to be hitting it off pretty good from what I could gather.” Liz retorted.

“You should talk…you never left Max Evans arms one time.”

Liz grinned at Maria and said…”And I guess Michael Guerin is the gray ghost?”

“Aw, come on Liz…give.”

“Maria, there is nothing to give. Did you know that Michael is an artist?” She hoped to turn this conversation around a little.

“You’re kidding…I don’t believe it. Michael Guerin, an artist?” Maria shouted in disbelief.

“Yeah, he goes to UNM on a full art scholarship. Max said he and Michael share an apartment and it’s cheaper than living in a dorm Maria. Think about it, maybe we could work something out like that…wouldn’t that be great?”

“Yeah Liz, that would be great, but you know darned good and well that I’ll never get into Harvard.”

“Oh Maria, I’m not going to Harvard. That’s my Dad’s dream not mine.”

“Oh! Does he know that?” Maria looked at Liz hopefully…

“Well, he knows I’m thinking of other schools and yes we have discussed me not going to Harvard but he’s still not resigned to it yet. He’s going to have to be eventually because I haven’t even applied. Where have you applied to?” Liz asked...

“Only UNM…if I don’t get accepted there then it’s the city college for me.” Maria was very pensive about it all.

“Oh Maria you’ll get in and then we can room together.” Liz gave Maria a grin and reached across and squeezed Maria’s hand.

Maria got a shocked look on her face…”You applied to UNM too?”

Liz just smiled at Maria and thought to herself…’not yet’.
*~*~*

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: February 14 A/U-M/L Teen Ch.3 pp.2 2/11/09

Post by mary mary »

Eve:Spring is almost here...just hang in there. Glad you're enjoying...not a whole lot of drama, just fun. :D
Keepsmiling: Carolyn, it's a teen love story!!! :D :D :D
LilLoucfer: You're right on the money! :D
Janet:You're right, she is and she also knows her dad. She's also young and immature, she'll grow up. :)
Natalie: Thank you... :)
Destiny: I'm sure he has a lot of other activities going on but the story is about him and Liz so we'll just forget that part. :D

*~*~*

Chapter:3

February 14, 2008

“Happy Valentine’s day Liz.” Max said as he escorted her into the skating rink behind Michael and Maria.

Max had waited the two years Liz had asked him to and when Liz and Maria showed up at UNM as Freshman Max and Michael were elated. Michael was smitten with Maria since seeing her at the skating rink and Max had been thinking of no one but Liz since the first time he had ever laid eyes on her.

This was their first date and Max thought it only fitting that they go roller skating for the occasion. He wanted to show Liz that he remembered everything about her and she was delighted that he thought of this. How fitting that he would remember their first meeting and bring her here for their first date…she looked up into those amber eyes of his and couldn’t wait for her first kiss…this was going to be one of the best nights of her life, she just knew it.

The evening progressed and Max and Liz enjoyed each others company just as they always had and the anticipation of what was to come was eating at both of them…finally Max waltzed Liz to a dark corner of the skating rink and stopped by the entrance to the DJ’s door…it was just dark enough to be private but light enough to read the expressions on each others faces. Max looked at Liz and said in a very low, husky voice,

“We have to get this over with now…it’s driving me crazy.” And he took Liz’s face in both of his hands and leaned in, and then, just a breath away from her he asked,

“Okay?”

Liz looked up into those honey colored eyes and smiled, “Oh please, yes.”

That was all Max needed and her world “literally” rocked. The ground started to roll and they both lost their balance as New Mexico experienced one of its very few earth quakes in history. Max and Liz both ignored it, thinking it was them and when they parted the lights had been turned on and people were scrambling to the sides of the building.

Max took hold of Liz and held her close to him in a protective stance and watched as the center mirrored ball swayed back and forth with the building. Soon things had calmed down and Max looked down into Liz’s beautiful face and noticed a gleam in her eyes. “What?” he asked. Liz looked up at him and started to giggle.

“Max, I have waited four years for this moment…and talk about ‘rocking someone’s world’…Jeeze, can you imagine what would have happened if we had been doing something a little more intimate?”

Max squeezed Liz to him and laughed at her harder than he ever had. She wasn’t in the least bit afraid and the confession that she had waited for four years for this really made his jeans a little tighter. He needed to get her back out onto the skating rink floor and find Michael and Maria quickly…He wanted nothing more than to have Liz in a more secluded place and he knew that wasn’t right…he had to take his time and cherish her the way she deserved to be. Liz just wanted the seclusion but was willing to let Max set the pace…she had waited this long she could wait a little longer. Couldn’t she?
*~*~*
Finally, after a stop at the drive in for some burgers and coffee at the drive thru the young college group were on their way back to their apartments.

Maria and Liz only lived a few doors down from Michael and Max. The building catered mostly to college students; it had two and four bedroom apartments all with individual bathrooms and a common great room that consisted of a living/dining/kitchen area and a private balcony off the dining area. There was absolutely nothing fancy about the arrangement. The management allowed the tenants to do whatever they wanted to do with the apartments within reason of course so Liz and Maria had their apartment fixed up very cozy, they had even painted it to their liking.

Liz’s grandmother had given Liz a lot of her furniture when she sold her home and moved into a smaller place and Maria’s mom had given the girls a lot of accessories from her shop in Roswell and Michael had provided a few paintings to liven things up so it really was quite nice.

Max and Michael’s place on the other hand had a couple of beds and dressers a table and chairs they had salvaged from Max’s garage at home and some pots and pans they managed to pick up at the local thrift shop along with some mismatched dishes. They really liked going over to Maria’s and Liz’s for TV and relaxation…it was more like home.
*~*~*
So, when the group arrived back at the apartment complex it was only natural that they headed for Liz and Maria’s apartment for their burgers. Liz and Maria immediately removed their coats and hung them in the coat closet in the foyer and took Michael and Max’s as well. Told the guys to make themselves comfortable and they would be right with them. Liz headed to her room to take off the skating skirt she had worn and put a pair of jeans on and Maria chose to put on a pair of pajamas for the rest of the evening. It was only 11:30 and they had plenty of time for some conversation and TV before retiring. They all had late classes tomorrow so getting to bed early wasn’t an issue.

When the girls came back out into the living area the guys had already turned on the TV and were watching the late news and waiting with their burgers sitting on the table in front of them. Liz thought, ‘how cute’, and took a seat next to Max. Maria did likewise next to Michael and they all ate in silence as they watched the news turn into the Late Show. They all moved from the table to the couch and love seat and settled in, getting comfortable with each other and soon Michael and Maria had disappeared into Maria’s room.

Max looked down at Liz and she raised an eyebrow toward him and smiled. Max sort of slid to his side, pulling Liz with him and the next thing Liz knew she was laying in Max’s arms with her front to his front and her legs curled up on the couch. They were kissing like Liz had never imagined a kiss could be. Her first real kiss had only been a few hours ago but this was heaven. Max’s lips were like the most delicious tasting meal imaginable. She had imagined many many times what it would be like to be in his arms and her imagination had paled in comparison to the real thing. She sighed, she moaned, she squirmed and Max continued to pleasure her in ways she had never dreamed and he never did any more than just kiss her. His hand had found a bare spot on her back and it felt like a thousand little pins were tickling her skin…’Oh God’ what was happening to her.

Max was having one helluva time controlling himself but he wanted this so badly he could scream. He had dreamed of holding her, kissing her and making love to her. One of these days he would bring this to fruition…he just knew it. He would have Liz Parker for his own…it was meant to be, but not tonight.

After a fairly long make out session Max gave Liz a sweet smile and told her it was time to say good night. She didn’t want to but knew it was the best decision right at this moment and she slowly got up off the couch and straightened up her clothes and gave Max a sweet smile in return.

“I had a really great Valentine’s day Max, thank you so much.”

Max took her in his arms again and held her close and whispered in her ear,

“Sweet Liz, this isn’t really our first date, and it most definitely will not be our last. I have been waiting years for you… I will see you tomorrow…lock up tight.”

“I will Max…good night.” And she stood on her tip toes and gave him a quick peck on the lips before he walked out of the door.

Liz straightened up the kitchen and turned the light on over the stove and headed down the hall toward her room. She heard noises coming from Maria’s room but chose to ignore them and shut her bedroom door. What Maria did with her life was her business, unlike Maria she would let it rest.
*~*~*

mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: February 14 A/U-M/L Teen Ch.4 pp.3 2/12/09

Post by mary mary »

Eve:So glad you're staying with my little story. :)
LilLoucfer:Thank you...I am a dreamer aren't I ? :P
Carolyn:In my dreams, right? Although it does happen. :)
Jan: I had a very good teacher...it wasn't always smooth sailing but it was good! :)
Chula:I am so glad you think so... :)
destiny: Thanks... :D :D :D

*~*~*

Chapter: 4

February 14, 2014

Max and Liz left the grocery store and were driving along the highway having a heated argument about taking the kids to Diane and Philip’s or hiring a sitter for the evening when Liz finally couldn’t see the point of the discussion any longer and demanded that Max let her out of the car.

Max was in a real snit because they couldn’t reach a compromise and pulled to the side of the road, never dreaming that Liz would exit the car and Liz got out and started walking. Max ran his hand through his hair, rubbed the back of his neck and started to drive slowly with the window down trying to get Liz back into the car and Liz would have no part of it and continued to walk.

Now Max knew that Liz didn’t have her purse, cell phone or any money with her so he reached into his pocket and pulled out a wad of bills and tried to get Liz to take the money. Liz stopped and looked at Max with a scowl on her face and told him where he could promptly “stick” his money.

About that time a patrol car noticed Max’s vehicle driving very slowly and the woman walking along side the highway. He noticed the male passenger trying to offer the female pedestrian some cash and immediately decided that the female must be a girl of the evening so he flashed his lights and ordered Max to pull over.

Liz’s eyes got as big as saucers when she saw that Max was going to get a ticket and she just stood there with her mouth hanging slack jawed in disbelief.

Max pulled over as the officer suggested and reached into his glove box for the registration of his vehicle and took the wallet from his back pocket to get his drivers license out.

The officer approached Liz and asked her for some ID, which she didn’t have, and then it slowly started to dawn on Max what was going on. He started to laugh, hysterically, and Liz just glared at him.

The officer was totally confused and then he took a good look at the male driver of the vehicle and recognized him immediately. But what he couldn’t figure out was why the man was trying to pick up a strange woman when he was supposed to be the most happily married man in the sporting world. Max just continued to laugh, he was pounding the steering wheel and wiping his eyes…he couldn’t control himself and Liz was becoming more and more furious by the minute.

“Officer, this is my wife…honest. We are having a disagreement over the most foolish thing in the world and she’s genuinely angry right now and we need to give her some space, PLEASE.” And Max guffawed and pounded the steering wheel harder.

The officer didn’t know what to believe…and Liz wanted to do bodily harm to Max.

“Does she have any identification?” The poor confused highway patrolman asked.

“No! I don’t have any identification on me. But if you would be kind enough to drive me home I will be glad to give you something that will purely tell you who I am.” Liz just about screamed at the man.

Poor Liz was almost hysterical now and the more she watched Max the more she wanted to join him in his laughter. It was getting funnier by the minute but she was still mad. The kids were old enough to be left at home with a sitter, Georgia was a sweet girl and Liz knew her and her parents quite well. Max was just being unreasonable…that’s what he was.

Finally the officer told Liz she could either get into her husbands vehicle or he would call her a cab…it was her choice. Liz chose to ride home with Max who could hardly control himself. Every time he tried to say something he started to laugh and Liz wanted to beat him over his egotistical head in with something.
*~*~*
“Mommy, why can’t we go skating with you and daddy?” asked three year old Janie.

Max was in the bathroom shaving and Liz was putting Janie and Joe into their pajama’s and getting them ready for the baby sitter for the evening. Max just smiled, he would take them all skating next week, maybe even tomorrow but not tonight. He finally agreed with Liz and the babysitter had come early enough to get acquainted with the three year old twins.

Liz and Max wouldn’t be gone too long…only a few hours. They repeated this every year since their first date and would probably continue to do so for as long as they could walk.
*~*~*
After Liz graduated from the university she moved to Chicago to be with Max who had been drafted by the Chicago Bears right out of college. They were married a year later and a year after that they had the twins, but it didn’t matter where Max was on Valentine’s day they went roller skating.

Everyone that had called Max or Liz to invite them out this evening knew that Max and Liz would be roller skating this evening and teased him unmercifully. It didn’t matter who was having the party or where the group was headed Max and Liz would not be joining them.

Actually, a lot of the wives thought it was the most romantic thing they had ever heard and when they heard the story of the young sixteen year old boy falling in love with the beautiful fourteen year old girl who was not old enough to date they were flabbergasted. To think that a teen aged boy would wait four years for a date with a girl was unheard of but then again he was Max and they understood. When Max made his mind up he wanted something he went after it just like bulldozing your way to a goal.

Liz was never concerned when the team went out of town or Max had to attend meetings far into the night…she just knew she was loved and that was all she needed. He was the most caring of human beings she had ever met and they loved each other with a passion that unsurpassed anything on this planet. But they had their differences just like any normal couple.

“Hey beautiful, you ready? Am I forgiven?” Max asked as he wrapped his arms around his wife’s waist.

“Oh you know it handsome. Shall we see if the Guerin’s are going?”

“No, if they’re there then we’ll say hello but this is our night.” Liz giggled and opened the closet for their coats just as the phone rang.

“Shall I get it?” asked Georgia the sitter.

“Yes, and tell whoever it is that we are gone.” Max answered and led Liz out the door. Liz continued to giggle as she held onto to Max’s arm while walking down the slippery side walk to the car and then it happened…she lost her footing and they both went down, Max on top of Liz…it was almost three hours later when Georgia turned on the front porch light to have a look outside to check the weather when she discovered the two of them covered in snow laying side by side in a pool of blood with half of Max’s body covering Liz. “Oh God No…” she yelled and ran back into the house and dialed 911…
*~*~*
A/N: I know, you're ticked off at me...but don't throw things...okay?

mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

February 14 A/U-M/L teen Ch. 5 pp: 3 2/13/09

Post by mary mary »

destiny:You know I will!!!
Jan:What I said!!!
Carolyn:I know, I'm a bad person...
LilLoucfer:Here we go!
Eve:Murder is not my M.O. :lol: :lol: :lol: OH! And check out the years at the beginning of the chapters...they go by quickly...
roswell4life: A picture says a thousand words...right? :D

*~*~*

Chapter: 5

February 15, 2014

The paramedics arrived within half an hour of the phone call as well as Michael and Maria. Both Max and Liz were suffering from hypothermia and Max was suffering from some cracked ribs and a slight concussion…Liz on the other hand had a huge gash in her head but was alive. The cold weather had helped as well as Max and Liz laying very close to each other which kept each other slightly warm with body heat.

They were both admitted to the hospital and being the well known football player that he was they were admitted to a suite with two beds. Practically unheard of but Max was coherent by now and insisted that he would not be separated from his wife.

Maria stayed with the babies and Michael went to the hospital with them. They were both having extensive x-rays and tests done on them and Liz was going to need to have some surgery. There was a small fracture of the skull and swelling occurring in the brain, they needed to take care of her as soon as possible.

Max was blaming himself for having left the car in the driveway. He should have pulled into the garage but he never in his wildest dreams believed that something as stupid as this would happen. ‘Please God, let her be okay…I can’t be without her…I really don’t believe I can God…God you need to make this right.’ Max prayed silently as he lay in his bed watching the nurses and doctors work on his wife. She looked so pale and still…so lifeless. ‘Please God’ and the tears rolled down Max’s cheek as he silently prayed harder than he had ever prayed before.
*~*~*
A/N: I know this is a very short chapter...I was going to make it longer but then it would change my entire story line and it wouldn't be complete on the 14th!!!)

mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: February 14 A/U-M/L Teen Epilogue pp.5 2/14/09

Post by mary mary »

Eve:
LilLoucfer:
Destiny:
Hunter: That really happened to my cousin on the Pennsylvania Turnpike...Honest :lol: :lol: :lol: I had to use it! He still laughs every time he tells the story 54 years later.
Carolyn:
Kate:
Jan:
Ken:

*~*~*

Epilogue

February 14, 2017

“Come on Liz, we don’t want to be late….” Max patiently waited for his wife to come downstairs after putting the twins to bed.

“You know Max, you would think that we have never done this before.” Liz said as she gave her husband a hug and a big smile.

“We haven’t done it this year Liz…now come on.”

It had been a year since their almost fatal fall on the sidewalk and it took Liz almost three months to be able to walk again and there wasn’t a day that went by that Max didn’t thank God for allowing her to live. He couldn’t be more thankful than if it had been one of the children.

This year the car was in the garage…even if it wasn’t snowing he wasn’t taking any chances…no more walks on icy walkways in the dark.
*~*~*
And so it went until Max and Liz were taking their grandchildren skating. People just watched the ex-quarterback and his wife with their grandchildren and smiled. And when Max brought Liz home it was always the same…a big make out session on the couch and a hug good night. It was only fitting that it ended the way it started…two people in love.
*~*~*
Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone

And thank you for all of your feedback...it makes my day... :D :D :D