Thinking of you (K&T, CC; Teen) 1/1 ; 4/3/09 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Thinking of you (K&T, CC; Teen) 1/1 ; 4/3/09 [COMPLETE]

Post by chanks_girl »

TITLE: THINKING OF YOU
AUTHOR: chanks_girl
DISCLAIMER: I don’t own Roswell. I just use its characters for my guilty pleasure, otherwise you can keep them. If I’d own the show….Alex would have been the stud in the show.
GENRE: AU without aliens
COUPLES: K&T with minor other couples
RATING: TEEN
SUMMARY: A little journey through life and love.

AN:
The birds are singing, the sun is shining and this is a little idea of mine. This is for killjoy. He did and does a lot for me. So this is my huge thank you for you.

THINKING OF YOU

It was the first day in elementary school for Kyle Valenti. He was six years old and just moved to Roswell, New Mexico. His father was the new Sheriff in town. His dad was the law here and that fact brought a proud smile on the little boy’s face.
His dad ruled the streets in this town. A town that was crazy about little green aliens with ridiculous big black eyes. Little Kyle thought those people were crazy. They needed a shrink instead a new Sheriff.

Kyle couldn’t careless about it. He was more fascinated with the monkey bars he was playing on. He loved monkey bars. There he could show what a strong little boy he was.
But something across the playground caught his attention.
There were two boys who were bullying around a little girl in the sandbox. Kyle was immediately intrigued by the little girl. It was obvious that no one was going to help the girl so he would help her.
Little Kyle climbed off the monkey bars and walked across the playground to rescue the little girl.

“Leave her alone, she is just a little girl.”
He said to the two bullies, who were surprised that there was an idiot looking for trouble with them. The little girl looked at him big blue eyes showing surprise and fear.
It suited them that they could now beat the boy instead of just annoying a girl. Therefore, having a bit of fun was never wrong.

“What if we don’t leave her alone, midget? What will you do then?”, the fat bully crossed his arms over his chest as if he would challenge Little Kyle to do something. The other bully, who looked like a miniature Carrot Top, was snickering in the most disgusting way you can imagine.

*Here is a little fact about our little hero: NEVER EVER CALL HIM MIDGET.*

Little Kyle was a healthy kid. He was just a bit smaller than the others. In a few years he would have a normal size.

Little Kyle’s eyes formed into tiny slits. His little hands curled to little fists. His little lips formed into a thin line. Then his kid’s mind told him to do the one thing that was appropriate in such a situation.
Little Kyle looked a last time at the little girl and the two bullies and then his right foot connected with the shin of Carrot Top. Carrot Top had cried out in pain. Next was the fat bully, who had a frightened expression.

Fortunately, Little Kyle took care of that. Our little man transformed the frightened expression into a painful expression when the fat kid had felt Kyle’s fist slammed into his stomach.
Still in pain and on the verge of crying, both bullies decided to run away before they would embarrass themselves by crying in public.

Seeing their retreating forms, Kyle turned to the little girl.
She just stood there. She wasn’t saying anything to him. She just looked at him with her big blues. ‘She has nice blonde hair.’ Little Kyle thought to himself. She looked nice with the piggy tails and in the dark blue dress. Nonetheless, she was still looking at him.
It made Little Kyle nervous that she was just looking at him.

“Uh…uhm…you alright? Did they do hurt you?” Kyle asked.

No response by the little girl.

“You could thank me. I just rescued you from those bullies.”
She still didn’t speak. Kyle scratched the back of his head.
Our little man tried another way to make her talk.

“I’m Kyle. I’m new here. What’s your name?” Little Kyle smiled at her. He hoped a little smile would make her talk.

Not expecting this turn of events, the little girl came towards him. Her piggy tails bounced to and fro due to her walking. Coming to a stop in front him, she looked Little Kyle up and down.
“I’m Tess.”
She said with a little lisp. It was a cute lisp because that made her name cute.

“Nice to meet you, Tess.”
“Nice to meet you, Kyle.”

“Oh my god Kyle…”

“I love it when a chick says that.”

“Shut it, you moron. I can’t believe that you just said that about my mother. How would you know?”

“That’s because I do your mom. She is one sexy MILF.”

“How many times do I have to tell to not talk about my mother like that?”

“But it’s true.”

“She’s dating your dad, you damn pervert.”

“So? We’re father and son, we could share. Hmm…think of the possibilities when they would get married.”

“You realize that makes you and Maria to step siblings.”

“Way to go Isabel. You really know how to crush a guy’s fantasy. No wonder Alex is the way he is.”

“Hey! What the hell do you mean with that? Alex is happy in our relationship and I didn’t crush anything.”

“Not yet but you will.”

“Kids, let’s behave and not argue.”

“Hi guys, what we’re talking about?”

“Maria’s hot mama.”

“Kyle!”

“I already told you I love it when a chick screams my name”

“Oh my god, why do I even try?”

“Hey guys”

“Hi Tess.”

“Helloooo Sugar”

“I see you are in a good mood, Kyle. How come?”

“I told Maria that I do her mom. Wait a bit and you can call me Daddy.”

“I won’t ever do such a thing.”

“You won’t do what?”

“Don’t ask because you don’t want to know.”

“We’re talking about me doing Miss DeLuca.”

“Neat. She’s a MILF.”

“Michael!”

“I love it when a chick screams my name.”

“You guys are impossible.”

“Do you think I quash Alex in our relationship?”

“Of course not sweetie.”

“No, you don’t, hun.”

“Hell yeah.”

“Told you so.”

“Hey lovely persons. What are we talking about?”

“Maria’s sexy mom and how Isabel quashes you in your relationship.”

“Cool.”

“Cool? What the hell does that mean?”

“It means that I could careless what others think about me and our relationship. As long as you are happy with me and I’m happy with you, we’re good. So don’t listen to them.”

“That’s so sweet.”

“Why can’t you say something like to me, Michael?”

“Because you won’t let me say a word due to you talking all the time.”

“Maria, where are you going? Aw Maria, come on…I was kidding. Baby?”

“The guy is so whipped.”

“OW! Why the hell did you do it?”

“Jerk. Come we have to go.”

“So is it true what the grapevine tells me?”

“What does it say?”

“You and Rodney are dating.”

“It’s true. He is a great guy. Smart, funny, charming and good looking; moreover, he respects me.”

“True, he is a great guy. I’m just looking out for you. You know, you’re my best friend. It’s natural for me to look out for you.”

“I know for the last ten years you looked out for me. Don’t worry about me, I’m a big girl.”

“I know.”

“Love you Kyle.”
“Love you Tess.”

Kyle stood in front of her door. On the other side was Tess. She had called him twenty minutes ago. She was crying hard. Due to the sobs that shook her, it was hard to understand anything she said
Reassuring that he would be there as fast as possible, Tess calmed a bit down before Kyle hung up on her.

He knew it was because of that jerk she was dating. That asshole didn’t deserve a girl like Tess. She deserved better.
A man, who would give her everything.

A man like him.

In his college years, Kyle dated woman after woman but none of them had been what he was looking for.
As his homesickness had grown, he realized what he wanted. Better said who he wanted.

After twelve years of friendship, our big man realized he fell for his best friend.
The girl with the bouncing piggy tails, the blue eyes and that infectious smile that made him melt.

Unfortunately, Kyle couldn’t bring himself to ever act on his feelings. The risk to destroy their friendship was too big.
Therefore, Kyle stayed in the position of Tess Harding’s watcher and guard. Anyone who hurt his Tess would have a meeting with Kyle’s fists.

Taking a deep breathe, Kyle knocked on her door. He waited patiently for her to open the door.
As he saw her, it broke his heart to see his Tess in the state she was.

Her eyes were swollen due to her constantly crying. Her nose was running and the tip was red. She looked pale. In addition, she looked so fragile that Kyle was afraid she would break anytime soon.
He slowly stepped through her door taking her in his arms and just holding her in his arms.
He held her close to his body as a new wave of sobs rocked her body.

Kyle made soothing motions with his hand on her back. He whispered kind words in her ear. Telling her what a wonderful person she is. A woman, every man would be happy to be with.
He just held her and wished he could take away her pain.

It was a few hours later until Tess’ sobs became cries until those became tears and until those became heavy breathing and hiccups.
He had held her through these hours never letting her go.
Never leaving her side.

“I’m here and never going to leave you, Tess.”

“Thanks for being my friend, Kyle.”

Today was a good day for Kyle Valenti. He was going to do it. He was going to take the final step. He was going to propose to his girlfriend of two years.
He was ready for it. She was ready for it.

Kyle grinned like an idiot whenever he thought of his girlfriend. No other than Tess Harding.

It felt like yesterday when they finally admitted their true feelings for each other.

It was two years ago when Tess broke up with her useless boyfriend and when she needed him as friend.
Slowly Tess recovered from the break up. Time after time she became the social butterfly she was before that asshole broke her.

He would never say anything to Tess about it but smashing that guy’s face was the best he ever did. Granted Michael, Max and Alex had helped him to get the guy. It was still fun.

Tess and Kyle started to spend more time together than ever before. They went to the movies together, to basketball and football games. They went together to the clubs and sports bar.
They were constantly together.
Which man in his sane mind would complain about a beautiful girl’s company?
No one.

One day it happened, Tess kissed him. Even if he tried to remember the circumstances which had led to the kiss, he couldn’t.
It was a mind blowing kiss, which left little of his mind back then.

Tess told him that she loved him since their senior year in high school but she was too afraid to act on her feelings. She was afraid to destroy their long friendship.
So she had kept silent.

Her feelings for Kyle were the reason for her break up two years ago. She couldn’t and wouldn’t lie anymore. Though the way the break up happened was not planned like that.
She had got hurt.

It took her awhile to overcome the happenings of the break up and her fear of telling Kyle the truth.
Tess was afraid that he would leave her as well. In addition, that feeling of abandoning crept in her mind.

Then six months later, she just did it. It was a moment of sanity or insanity, she didn’t really remember; she pressed her lips on Kyle’s.

Since then they were together.

It wasn’t really a surprise for their friends and family that they would date. It was a question of the ‘when’ they would finally get together.

Max, Alex and Liz were the lucky ones. They won the bet that had started 1998. They won together 2256$.
Of course Maria was a bit mad because she lost but she was happy that her step brother and one of her best friends were finally together.
Still, until today Maria was pissed that she lost.

Today was the today to take another step in their relationship.

“So Valenti, you want to jump to the next stage of your relationship with Tess?”

“Yep.”

“Have you made any plans how you want to ask her?”

“Maxwell, there is no plan needed. You just fall on your damn knee and say those damn four words. Easy task.”

“My god Michael, I’ve never heard more romantic words then yours.”

“Bite me, Max.”

“Shut it Guerin. I’m looking for the perfect ring.”

“Guys stop arguing. We’re here to help our friend to find the perfect ring for his lady. I think it’s great that you’re going to propose.”

“Says the guy who knocked up Isabel back in high school and lives in sin with her since then.”

“Hey! She got pregnant after graduation. And we don’t want to marry. We’re happy the way we live. Besides you know Isabel; she hates everything that needs a big planning.”

“Could we focus on me? I’m the one who looks for a proposal ring and needs help with it.”

“Sorry Kyle.”

“Ditto”

“Triple ditto.”

“There’s the jeweller.”

“Do you know how the ring should look like?”

“Expensive. Shiny. A real diamond.”

“Michael, you will behave now. Any stupid comment by any of you guys and I’ll get pissed.”

“Yes, Kyle.”

A smile graced his facial features whenever he looked at the golden wedding band around his finger. He still couldn’t believe that they were married. For two years Kyle and Tess were married and it still felt surreal for him.

It started with a playground, two bullies and the little girl with the bouncing piggy tails. Now they were here.
The little girl became his best friend and then his lover and then his wife.

Kyle snickered at the memory of the night he had proposed. They were in a fancy restaurant with a romantic ambiance. They sat in a secluded area. Everything was perfect so far.
The moment was there to pop the most important question of his life.
His hand slid into his jacket pocket and he fished the black velvet box out of it.
Opening and holding the box in his hand, Kyle asked her.

“Theresa Marie Harding, will you marry me?”

In all his nervousness, Kyle didn’t see that Tess was taking a sip of her vine when he proposed.
The instant she heard what he said, Tess had choked on her drink and spat the content of her mouth on Kyle.
Drained in vine and his girlfriend’s spit, he waited patiently for an answer.
Tess only looked at him with her blue eyes.
What a déjà vu.

“Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod…YES! YES! YES, I will.”

She jumped over the table and on her fiancé.

In the end it was all good.

Their marriage was a little ceremony with their closest friends and family.
It was the best and most beautiful day in his life when she had walked down the aisle and said “Yes, I do”.

“Hey hubby.”

“Hey wifey.”

“What you’re thinking about?”

“The usual; thinking of you.”

THE END

AN: A certain guy is not a certain jerk boyfriend. That would never happen.
Last edited by chanks_girl on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.