Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Epilogue 13/June/10 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Epilogue 13/June/10

Post by Janetfl »

:cry: Okay here is the last chapter as promised!! I finally managed to keep my updates regular for a change! WOO HOO!! So sad to see this one go but also looking forward to finishing off other stories and creating new ones! Thanks for all the support.

Courtney
Carolyn
Claudia
Ellie
dreambeliever

Epilogue.

It had been exactly one year to this day that Max had asked Liz to marry him and gave her the most gorgeous engagement ring anyone could have wished for. She would never forget that night for as long as she lived. They had made love several times; even though Max had insisted that they take it slow.

They spent another two weeks in Roswell so Max could get to know Michael and Maria better. Once everything had been explained to Michael and he’d seen how in love Max was with Liz he had finally calmed down.

On their return to New York, Tess had literally cried with joy and relief when she saw Liz enter her office holding Max’s hand. She had admitted her whole plan to get them together. After a very tearful reunion Liz and Max went on to win numerous top accounts for Tess.

They took their relationship slowly at first, going out on dates, arranging special evenings for each other but it progressed rapidly despite all their efforts. What could she say; they were made for each other. He had made every effort, every day to show her how special she was to him.

So this is where Liz found herself, standing with her arm around her father’s about to walk down the aisle to the most gorgeous, gentle hearted man she could have ever met, surrounded by their closest friends. The slight bump under her wedding dress went unnoticed to those who weren’t privy to the information.

Max couldn’t take his eyes off the breathtaking sight before him. There, looking regal, walking down the aisle was his Liz, her tight white dress clinging to every curve of her body. The tiny crystals sparkling as she walked though the candlelit area. Her hair was piled up on her head with tiny white flowers strategically placed within the curls. She was simply breathtaking and Max had to remind himself how to breathe.

This was the day that Liz had dreamed about for most of her life, the perfect fairytale wedding. As she walked down the aisle she looked to her left, smiling at Maria and Tess, her bridesmaids and then to the right where the best man, Kyle, stood looking confident and smiling at Liz. Standing slightly behind him was a rather uncomfortable looking Michael, running his finger under the collar of his white tux shirt. This brought a smile to Liz’s lips, some things never change.

When she reached the altar, Jeff turned to look at his radiant daughter.

“Have a happy life Liz. Your mother and I love you both so much.”

He kissed his daughter on the cheek and then handed her over to the man who would now be taking his place. A fleeting melancholy feeling came over him, finally realizing that his daughter was a fully grown woman, heading towards children and a life of her own. A small tear trickled down his cheek.

Liz turned around to look at her father.

“I love you Dad. I always will.”

And then she faced the man of her dreams.

“You are stunning,” whispered Max.

The vicar cleared his throat to signal the start of the ceremony.

Max and Liz renewed their vows in front of their family and friends.

Although Liz thought there was nothing else Max could do to surprise her, when he slipped the wedding ring on her finger it was in the same antique style as her earrings and engagement ring. This brought a tear to her eye.

“I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride.”

For Max and Liz the world fell away and the only two people that existed in that room was them. Max brought his lips down to Liz’s, showering her with his love and promises of what was to come later.

The massive cheer that erupted broke their private little world and they walked back up the aisle. When they finally reached the doors of the church they were completely showered in white rose petals and confetti.

Max couldn’t help himself. He picked up his beautiful bride in his strong arms and spun her around while kissing her senseless.

Later that evening...

After a very sumptuous meal and many speeches, Max and Liz were making their rounds around the tables when the first dance of the evening was announced by the DJ. Agnes’ song Release Me came on and Max immediately pulled Liz onto the dance floor.

He pulled her towards him and then spun her out and around until the beat started. He then pulled Liz towards him and they both moved their hips and bodies in time with the music. It had become their favorite tune when it came on the radio that night he had proposed to Liz, for the second time. Kind of ironic considering that Max had to beg Liz to stay with him.

After that first dance, Liz’s time was taken up by the stream of men that wanted their dance with the bride, her father, Max’s dad, Kyle, Michael and finally Richard.

“I can’t thank you enough for all you did for us Richard,” said Liz as she danced with him.

A wicked smile came across his face.

“Anyone could tell as soon as you both walked into that room that you belonged together. I just made sure you two realized it.”

Liz laughed.

“God, I can’t believe I almost slapped you!”

“Hey all’s fair in love and war. I’m just lucky Max didn’t give me a black eye that night.” He looked at Liz’s eyes. “You look beautiful tonight Liz. You’re both lucky to have found each other.”

“Thank you,” said Liz as a slight blush crept up her cheeks.

Max’s time was also taken up dancing with Liz’s mother, his mother, Maria and finally Tess.

Max leaned into Tess and kissed her on the top of her head.

“I owe it all to you Tess,” he said smiling.

“No Max, you just needed a little shove in the right direction, you did the rest.”

“I’m just glad you realized I was in love with Liz before my thick brain caught up.”

“You did the same for me Max. When I was at my lowest you looked past all the bravado and actually took time to see me for me. How could I not do this for you?”

“Well both Liz and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”

“For a while there I thought I’d screwed everything up.”

Max stepped away from Tess in mock indignation.

“What? You doubted my talents?”

She playfully slapped him across the chest.

“I did for a little while, but someone reminded me what you were capable of when you put your mind to it.”

“I’ll have to thank Kyle later, now if you don’t mind I’m going to have the last dance with my lovely bride.”

“Go ahead Max. Promise me that you and Liz will have dinner with us when you get back from your honeymoon.”

“That’s a definite.” replied Max, as he made his way towards Liz.

Seven months later...

“Where is he!” demanded Liz.

“I promise you he’ll be here Liz.” Tess tried to reassure her, wiping the sweat from her brow with a damp cool cloth.

“I swear to god if he misses this he’ll be fasting for a year and I’m not talking about food!” shouted Liz.

“I’m sorry Liz. I thought there was enough time. I didn’t realize the baby would come a week early,” explained Tess.

“So, it’s your fault!” shouted Liz, giving the evil eye to Tess.

“Shit, why couldn’t I just keep my big mouth shut?” thought Tess.

She knew Liz was going through the whole hormonal thing but she had no idea how bad Max had had it, until she decided to be Liz’s birthing partner until he arrived.

“Chica, you have to calm down. You know Max wouldn’t miss this for the world. He will be.... ahhhhhh!” shouted Maria, as Liz squeezed her hand painfully tight when another contraction hit. She could have sworn a look of triumph flitted across Liz’s face.

All of a sudden there was a commotion by the door and Max bolted into the room, out of breath and sweating.

“I’m so sorry honey. I tried to get here as soon as I could.”

“THANK GOD YOU’RE HERE MAX!” shouted Maria and Tess at the same time.

Max gave them both a grateful and ‘I know what you’ve been going through’ look before they exited the room.

The final contraction hit and Liz squeezed Max’s hand while letting an ear piercing scream out of her mouth.

The air was suddenly filled with the shrill cry of a new born baby.

“Mr Evans; would you like the honor of cutting the cord?” asked the nurse who held the new born baby in her arms.

As soon as Max saw the squirming, bloodied and white covered bundle in her arms he couldn’t help but be overcome by his emotions.

“Of course,” he whispered, as a lone tear slipped down his cheek.

As he cut the cord he couldn’t help the swell of pride that ran through his whole being when he looked towards his tired and almost asleep wife.

“We have a baby girl Liz! You did good honey!”

“I want to see her,” said Liz, even though her body was telling her to just slip into a deep sleep.

After the nurse had cleaned up the baby and counted ten fingers and toes she passed the new born back to her mother.

When the big honey colored eyes looked back at Liz, tears started streaming down her face.

“Max, she’s beautiful and she has your eyes!” said Liz.

“I just hope she hasn’t inherited my ears,” mumbled Max.

“She’s perfect Max. Little baby Marie Tessa Evans,” said Liz, suddenly deciding to name her daughter after her godmothers.

“You don’t think your Mom will mind that we didn’t name the baby after her?” asked Max, slightly worried.

“I don’t think that’s going to be a problem Max. The next daughter I have will be named Nancy Diane Evans and our sons, Michael Phillip Evans and Kyle Richard Evans,” said Liz, with conviction.

“N ... next what?” questioned Max.

Was Liz trying to kill him? He’d only just survived her hormonal outbursts this time; he dreaded thinking about going through it another three times.

He was broken out of his thoughts by the nurses getting ready to move Liz to her private room. As they wheeled Liz towards the ward Max headed towards the waiting room so he could introduce his daughter to her new family. As he rounded the corner he was swamped by the women, all cooing and gently touching the little bundle in his arms.

“Liz has been placed in her room. We can all go and visit her now but the nurse did say that she needed her rest.”

Everyone followed Max into the rather plush hospital room. There was well wishes and congratulations passed around.

“Come on everyone, gather around the bed and let’s have a picture of this wonderful moment!” said Maria, as she grabbed a nurse and asked her to do the honors.

It was when the flash on the camera went that a very tired and exhausted Liz looked around the room at all of her family; she included her friends in that term. She couldn’t help the sudden burst of happiness that swelled inside. This was it; this is what she had waited a lifetime for. A small happy tear slipped down her cheek as she slipped into a deep and well deserved sleep, a slight smile gracing her lips.
Last edited by Janetfl on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!