Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Epilogue 13/June/10 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 10 17/Jan/10

Post by Janetfl »

A huge thanks to everyone that left feed back for this story. You guys are awesome ... thank you so much!!!!

Dreamer 19
Ginger
Ellie
Carolyn x 2
Eve
LilithAnn x 2
Monica
Courtney
AylsLuv
AvalonRose
Destiny
Carrie
Superman86
just4dee
futuremrsmcdreamy
L-J-L 76

Wow it's so nice to see new readers enjoying this story as well as all my regular ones. I can't thank you all enough for the encouragement and support!!!!!

Chapter 10.

“Max, could I see you in my office for a moment please?” said Tess, giving him a pointed look.

He quickly glanced towards Liz, frowned and then followed Tess out of the conference room.

“Shut the door behind you Max,” said Tess, as they entered her office.

He looked around the office nervously for the first time since he’d known Tess.

“What the hell was that Max? I walk in on one of the biggest meetings of your entire career and I find you staring into space with a rather strange look on your face, not to mention that you had the attention of every single person in that room. What happened?”

Now Tess had a pretty good idea what was going on in that brain of his but she wanted him to admit it first. If she could get him to do that then maybe she could help him remember what really went on in that hotel room.

“I ... god I don’t know what came over me Tess. I was nearly finished with the presentation when something caught my eye and then I couldn’t get this image out of my head, it was, it was ...”

Max couldn’t bring himself to say it. How the hell could he tell Tess that he was having fantasies about his own co-worker?

“It was what Max?” gently coaxed Tess.

“Nothing, it was nothing. Look I won’t let it happen again. I’m not going to blow this deal I can promise you that.”

“I have to say that when I walked into that room you were practically devouring Liz with your eyes. Is there anything you want to tell me Max?”

“It was a movement, something she did that made that ... that image entered my head. I swear I don’t understand why this is happening to me now!”

“Why what is happening to you Max? What image entered your head?”

With the sudden blush that completely consumed Max’s face, Tess had a pretty good idea what had happened. Something Liz did must have triggered a memory about their weekend in Vegas, except Max still wasn’t sure what was going on.

“I ... I ... god this is so embarrassing, talking to you about this stuff.”

“Max, we’ve known each other for a long time now. Nothing you’ve ever told me has made you this embarrassed, what the hell is going on?”

“I keep, I keep having these thoughts about Liz.”

“What kind of thoughts Max?” Tess had to be sure he was on the right path.

“The sexual kind!” he stated, through gritted teeth.

Tess could tell that this was incredibly hard for Max to admit. He’d always told her about his conquests without batting an eyelid. The fact that Liz had Max all flustered, meant that his feelings ran a lot deeper than even he realised.

What most people didn't realise about Max and Tess was they were very close friends outside of work. Why, you ask? It was Max that finally calmed Tess down.

She was the female version of Max until he introduced her to Kyle. It was Max that not only saved her reputation but also saved her life in a way. She was heading down a very destructive path, drinking, having sex with anyone who would give her the remotest bit of attention. It was only Max that never took advantage of that.

Tess never had a good life when she was a child. She had a loveless father who verbally abused her any chance he got. It was only when she met Kyle, who accepted her despite all her faults, that she realised what true love was all about.

And she had Max to thank for that, so if it meant prying into their affairs slightly, then she was going to do it!

“My brain just won’t stop Tess. I don’t know why I’m having these thoughts but they are driving me nuts. I keep thinking that we’ve been together, as in together, together,” he was about to motion to Tess, spell it out for her, but she raised her hand.

“I know what you mean by that statement Max.”

“But when I woke the following morning the only thing I found was that earring and when I went to see Liz in her room, she was already dressed. I asked her about it but she said that she left early because of the flight ... now I think my stupid brain is putting Liz’s face on whoever I had sex with that night!”

“Well maybe you should try to find out the owner of those earrings Max.”

“How can I do that? I don’t even remember the woman, let alone her name.”

“Go to Tiffany’s Max. Take the earring with you and explain that you are trying to find the owner so that you can return it. Maybe they will give you the information.”

“Or they could keep the earring and call the rightful owner and I would never get the answer I’m looking for.”

“Hmmm, that is true. Maybe you should find out exactly what went on in Vegas.”

“How? I can’t remember.”

“God Max you can be so dense sometimes. You started off at the bar, right?”

“Yes, that bit I do remember.”

“Then go back to the hotel, start at the bar. Ask all of the employees and see if they remember you or the lady you were with. I’m sure that someone somewhere had to notice something.”

“You know that’s not such a bad idea, the only problem is, I don’t have time to do it. I have the Howell account and you know that I can’t be spared from doing that project.”

“Oh for the love of god, then you hire a private investigator or something. I don’t know Max but you need to find out.”

“Yes, yes I do,” said Max, rising out of the chair and heading out of Tess’s office.

“Don’t forget Max, in twenty minutes we are going for a business lunch!” Tess shouted after him.

“Yeah, sure,” came the distracted reply from Max.

As Max entered his office the first thing he did was pick up the phone and dial a very familiar number.

Max’s father, Phillip, was a lawyer and he would be the only person who would have reason to hire private investigator. In fact Max had remembered all the stories Phillip used to tell him about how this guy Alex found out the information he needed to win his cases. It was only natural that Max turned to him now.

“Hey dad!”

“Max my boy; to what do I owe the pleasure!”

“Listen Dad, I need the number for a reliable private investigator.”

“Is there something wrong Max? Do you need my help?”

“NO! No Dad, it’s nothing like that. I’ve just got a small job that needs to be done but they have to be discreet.”

“Well there’s only one I use. His name is Alex Cross and the number is 555-36042. He will only do what is required to get the job done, nothing more and nothing less.”

Max quickly jotted down the number.

“Max are you sure you’re not in any trouble?” asked Phillip.

“I’m not in any trouble Dad; I just need Alex to do a little leg work, that’s all.”

“You’re mother has been asking when you are going to visit us again. She misses you terribly, as do I.”

“I know that Dad and I’ll be there as soon as I can. I have this massive account that I’m currently working on. Once that’s finished I promise to take some time off to visit, okay?”

“Okay, just as long as I have something to tell your mother.”

Max laughed.

“Thanks Dad for the information and I’ll speak to you soon, gotta go to lunch now.”

“Take care, son.”

Max replaced the receiver just as Tess popped her head around the door.

“Time to go Max.”

For some reason a sense of relief came over Max. He wasn’t sure if it was because he’d just talked to his father or because he might actually find out what went on in Vegas.
Last edited by Janetfl on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 10 17/Jan/10

Post by Janetfl »

Okay this chapter is dedicated to behrbabe!!! Thanks to everyone that left feed back for this story. You guys rock!!!!

Eve
L-J-L 76
Kristin
Ellie
AvalonRose
Ginger
Carrie
Monica
Courtney
Lou
Carolyn
Natalie36
LilithAnn
Sara
Destiny

Chapter 11

It had been a long couple of weeks consisting of many meetings, lunches and presentations.

Liz had been trying, desperately, to get Max to sign the annulment papers. She had tried hiding the documents at the end of some contracts they both had to sign, but she forgot how annoyingly anal Max could be about reading said contracts before signing them.

It was the end of the week. If she didn’t have the annulment papers signed soon she was going to have to tell him the truth, and that was simply NOT an option.

Now although she had been close to Max over the last month or so and he hadn’t really done anything to annoy the hell out of her, she still had this feeling that if she ever did admit to what went on in Vegas, it would ruin everything she had ever worked for.

She had heard, from the many stories circulating the canteen at lunch, Max was the kind of man who didn’t stay in long relationships. In fact, he didn’t have them at all. There was no way she was going to be another one of his statistics.

She didn’t want to lose the respect of the people who worked with her, or the respect of her boss, Tess. Spending so much time with Max there is one thing she realised, he would do ALMOST anything to succeed. That is why he was THE best account manager the company had.

She knew he would somehow use the information to his advantage and hell would freeze over before she would let him do that to her. NO, she just had to step up her efforts to get that signature on the annulment. That way, none of this had to come out.

She grabbed the papers for the umpteenth time and placed them behind the final contracts they had to sign to get the Howell account. Max always lost a little of his control when the final stages of a contract was put together. He always hated this bit. So she knew that this was his weakest time and she had to strike now or it was all over.

She marched into his office and placed the contracts on his desk, opened to the sections she needed his signature on.

“Max, sign these and I can get them in the mail before we leave.”

She kept her fingers crossed behind her back.

“Liz, can’t it wait? I’ve got a lot of other stuff to sort out and I need to read them before I sign them.”

“Jesus Max, don’t you trust me? I need to get these in the post tonight, if not the deal is off. Now can you just sign here and here?”

She indicated one space where his signature was needed, and then carefully lifted that page slightly and put a cross next to another place she needed his signature.

“Fine!”

Max got out his fountain pen and signed the top copy of the contracts. He had his pen poised to sign the other sheet when his phone rang.

“Max Evans,” was his greeting to the caller.

“Oh for the love of GOD!”
screamed Liz, in her head.

She was so very close to getting them signed. She pointed her finger on the dotted line to get Max to sign it, but she realised that his attention was completely captured towards the person talking to him on the phone.

“Yes, that’s right.”

“So you’ve found it?” he asked cryptically. He looked up at Liz.

“Could you just hold on one moment please?” he asked the caller.

He placed his hand over the receiver and looked at Liz.

“I need to take this call in private Liz. Could you come back later and I’ll sign the rest of the contract?”

“DAMN IT!” she thought, before saying in a sickly sweet voice, “of course Max. I suppose these could wait for a little while longer, but just remember they have to go out in tonight’s post.”

He just nodded and returned his attention to the caller.

Liz quietly left his office. She was fuming. She couldn’t believe that she had come so close to getting his signature. If it wasn’t done today, she would never get it.

She plopped down in her chair thoroughly frustrated at the turn of events.

Meanwhile back in Max’s office...

“Sorry about that Alex. I had someone in my office and I wanted to take this call in private.”

“Hey that’s okay Max, no problem. So, as I was saying, I went back to the hotel you stayed at for the conference and I did a lot of checking around. Now I have a few questions before I give you the information I’ve found out.”

“Okay,” said Max, slightly hesitant. He wasn’t sure where this was leading.

“Now you said that you were in a bar with your co-worker, a Miss Liz Parker. Is that correct?”

“Yes.”

“You also told me that she left you at the bar around ten pm. Is that correct?”

“Well that’s what she told me the following morning, so yes.”

“Then according to your memory, or lack thereof, you don’t remember much after that. Is that correct?”

“Yes, look why are you asking me all these questions? I told you everything I could remember at the time.”

“I understand that Max but I want to make sure I have my facts right first. It’s what I do.”

“Okay, carry on.”

“The last thing you do remember is waking up the following morning knowing that someone had been in your room but you couldn’t remember who that person was. Is that correct?”

“YESSS,” hissed Max. He was getting completely annoyed now. Why couldn’t this fool just tell him what the hell was going on?

“As I told you a couple of weeks ago, I woke the following morning to find my bed smelling of perfume and a woman’s earring on the floor!”

“Well after my extensive investigation; I have to inform you that, I believe, the person you spent the night with was Miss Parker.”

Max’s stomach flipped.

“What the hell are you talking about Alex? I’ve spoken to Liz and she said she left the bar because of the early flight the following morning. Why would she lie about it?”

“And that brings me to the most important bit of information that I found out Max.”

“Which is?”

“You and Miss Parker got married that night, at the Elvis chapel to be exact. Both of your signatures are on the marriage certificate and it was witnessed by another couple who were also there to get married.”

“WHAT THE FUCK!” shouted Max, “THERE IS NO WAY I’M MARRIED!”

“I’m afraid it’s true Max, but there is one other piece of news I have to give you before I go.”

How much more could there be?

“She’s trying to get the marriage annulled as we speak. I’ll send the bill to your home address shall I?” asked Alex.

“T – Thanks Alex,” was the only thing Max could think of saying. He was married?

And the memories of that night suddenly came rushing back through his brain.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 12 04/Mar/10

Post by Janetfl »

Wow, I didn't realise it had been that long since I last updated. I can't believe the incredible response I'm getting to this fic. Thank you to everyone who left feedback.

Lou
Ellie
Courtney
L-J-L 76 x 2
Carolyn x 2
Ginger
Monica
Eve
Natalie36
AvalonRose
DestinyC
LilithAnn
maxandlizforever
roswell3053
Cocogurl
dreambeliever
behr_able
Alysluv
Dreamer4life

I could not have done this chapter without the wonderful Jake17 (Carrie). I was having a real problem with deciding on how Vegas played out between our favourite couple! This chapter is what has held up all my other stories. I couldn’t leave it until I had it right ... and I couldn’t get it there. Then I had a great brainstorming session with Carrie last night and voila...

The information about the hotel in this chapter was taken from About.com.

Thank you Carrie!!!! Oh and for those that know me, no taking the piss about Jack Daniels! :lol:

A huge thanks goes out to my wonderful beta reader, Lou!!!!

A/N: I've had to split the Vegas scene into three chapters otherwise it would have been too long. I hope you enjoy!!!

Chapter 12

LAS VEGAS FLASHBACK...

Max and Liz had finally finished the final meeting of the conference.

Liz was about to do her normal routine, which was to go to her room, order room service and settle down for the night, that was, until Max grabbed her arm.

“How about we spend our last night in Vegas together?”

“Why the hell would I want to do that? Let’s face it Max, you and I can’t stand each other and the less time I get to spend with you the better.”

“Oh, so you think I can’t stand you?” asked Max, looking her up and down appreciatively.

Liz felt slightly uncomfortable with the way he was looking at her, like she was the only meal for a starving man.

“I know, I can’t stand you,” replied Liz.

“Oh come on Liz, get that pole out of your luscious ass and let your hair down for once. We’re in Las Vegas. Let’s just forget everything and have some fun, what do you say?” he asked, with a cheeky grin on his face.

“Get what? Out of my what?” asked Liz, incredulously.

“I said, get that pole out of your luscious ass and have some fun for a change,” goaded Max.

He knew he was pushing her buttons but he loved it when she got all flushed and angry. Her nostrils would flare slightly, her cheeks would flush and it was the only time that she would look at him with any kind of emotion. Why did he do this to her all the time? Because he couldn’t let her know how he really felt about her, that he was captivated by those beautiful brown eyes as soon as he’d seen them.

That fact scared the living crap out of him. He couldn’t get her out of his head and that was not normal for Max. Since his career took up most of his time, he found out the hard way that relationships don’t withstand the strain. His previous girlfriend had found comfort in the arms of another man. After that episode, Max made a promise never to get too attached until he was ready to put them before his work.

That’s why he went through women like hot dinners, never wanting to get too attached, but with Liz it was different.

“Like I could have any type of fun with you around,” spat out Liz.

“Oh, you would definitely have fun with me Liz,” said Max, walking closer to her so she had to step back. “I think that’s why you won’t do it.”

“What? You think I’m scared of you?” challenged Liz.

“Yep,” he said, as he ran a finger down her cheek, his lips mere inches away from hers, “definitely.”

She gently placed her hands on his shoulders and leaned closer to Max. For one moment, Max thought Liz was about to kiss him then he felt her shove him hard.

“Ha, scared of you? As if. Meet me in the bar at seven. I’m going to change.”

With that, Liz turned around and entered the elevator that had just opened.

“See you at seven,” said Max, as the doors closed.

Liz entered the bar, precisely at seven o’clock. She noticed immediately Max sitting at the bar, a few drinks already lined up for both of them. He had obviously gone back to his room to get changed because instead of the suit, shirt and tie he normally wore, he was wearing a black, short sleeved tailored shirt with casual black trousers. To say he looked stunning would be an understatement. His gorgeous muscles moved languidly under the taut skin of his arm as he raised his glass to his lips.

Liz hadn’t really noticed how fit Max was because most of the time his suit covered it. She was certainly noticing him tonight though. As she made her way towards him he suddenly turned around as if he sensed she was there.

Max had come down a few minutes early so that he could be at the bar when Liz arrived. He always thought a lady should never have to wait alone in a bar, although he knew Liz would definitely disagree with that statement. She was feisty and independent.

As if sensing her presence he suddenly turned around and looked towards the entrance of the hotel bar. What he saw, literally took his breath away.

She was wearing a dusky pink, short skirt which showed her beautiful tanned legs off to perfection. She also had on a matching tailored blouse which was cut to show ample cleavage and clung to every curve of her perfect, firm body. Her hair was down and fell below her shoulders in slight waves. He watched as she walked towards him. It was as if she was moving in slow motion. He could see the slight bounce of her hair and breasts with each step she took.

He couldn’t help the smile that graced his lips. He stood and pulled out the stool he’d been saving for her.

Liz took the pro-offered stool and sat down.

“What’s this?” she asked, sweeping her arm across the row of drinks already lined up on the bar.

“Tequila shots, with Jack Daniels and coke chasers,” replied Max, smiling.

“Planning on getting me drunk to loosen up that ‘pole’ up my ass?” asked Liz, raising her eyebrow.

Max laughed.

“Yeah, you could say that. I asked the front desk what drinks you’ve ordered from the mini bar so far. Since I have the company credit card they had to tell me.”

“So you knew Jack Daniels was my favorite drink. What about the Tequila?”

“I was hoping that I guessed right. You look like a woman that can hold her drink,” said Max, hoping it wasn’t really true. He didn’t want to seduce her, just get her loosened up enough to stop being so guarded around him.

Liz realized that this was a challenge from Max. He wanted to see if she could hold her own against him and she was going to prove that she could.

She took the first shot of Tequila down in one go. The golden liquid burned her throat as it went down and she followed it immediately by sucking on one of the pre-cut limes that were waiting in a bowl. She then took a good gulp of the ice cold, treacle colored liquid that she was so familiar with.

With a satisfied sigh she turned to Max.

“You look good this evening,” she stated as a matter of fact.

Max was stunned. Did she just give him a compliment? Was she flirting with him?

“What?”

“Don’t look so stunned Max. I’m not blind. I give a compliment when it’s due, which isn’t very often with you.”

Okay, definitely not flirting with him.

“Thanks, a compliment followed by an insult. Only you have that ability to please and then destroy with that tongue of yours.”

“Yeah well, you started it,” she retorted.

“Shit, does this still have to do with the fact that I thought you were my secretary when I first met you? It was a genuine mistake. Get over it already.”

“You wish,” said Liz, which earned her a confused look from Max.

“What you thought didn’t have either a positive or negative effect on me Max. As far as I’m concerned you are a non entity. The fact that you thought you could intimidate me by undermining me in front on Tess did nothing but prove what a chauvinistic pig you really are.”

“Chauvinistic? Moi? Never,” he smiled as he said this. He could tell that he was getting to her.

“You see the reason why your little display had no effect on me was because I knew that my work would speak for itself. I wouldn’t have to prove anything to you or Tess. It won’t be long now before I get my own accounts.”

“And when you do, the gloves are off,” stated Max.

“Exactly, bring it on Max. Don’t go easy on me because you think I can’t handle it.”

“Wouldn’t dream of it sweetheart.”

The gauntlet was set.

Later that evening...

It was around nine in the evening. Max and Liz had made their way through quite a few Tequila shots and Jack Daniels.

Liz was feeling woozy and decided that she needed to get something to eat before she passed out.

“I think we had better get something to eat Max. I’m drinking on an empty stomach here.”

“Shall we make our way to one of the restaurants and see if there is a table free, or would you like to go somewhere different?”

“I would like to go out and see some of this city but we’ve got everything we need here. Let’s go to the Valentino restaurant, spend some time at the casino and finish off the night at the TAO Nightclub,” suggested Liz.

They were staying at The Venetian Hotel. Tess had spared no expense on this trip. Their rooms contained more marble than you thought possible, huge TVs, a sunken living room, fully stocked refrigerator, a bathroom that was huge with more luxurious towels than you could possibly use.

To say that this environment made you feel like you lived another life, the life of a successful film star, was an understatement. Staying here made you feel like you were on top of the world, like you’d finally made it to the top, but it certainly dented your pocket. A room at this hotel could cost you anywhere from $180 - $500 per night.

It was breathtaking and beautiful.

Max and Liz spent an hour and a half at the Valentino restaurant. It had fine Italian cuisine but you could pay over the top for a good bottle of wine. The selection was enormous, around 2,400 bottles to choose from ranging from California, Bordeaux, Piedmont and Tuscany for around $35 or more.

They chose a mid-range bottle of red to eat with their meal. After they’d finished they waited for their meal and wine to settle before they made their way to the casino.

Liz was actually quite surprised. She was enjoying her time with Max. He was being a total gentleman and tonight she decided to let go of the past and just enjoy this time with him before he turned back to the asshole she knew so well.

He had told her a little about himself, the alcohol obviously loosening his tongue a little. She found out why Max was the way he was. His girlfriend had broken his heart. He had loved her and eventually wanted to settle down with her but it was important to him to achieve his success before this happened. He wanted to provide a good life for his family when he eventually wanted one.

The fact that his girlfriend had found comfort in another man’s arms had made Max bitter and therefore non-committal. She could understand that. The same thing happened to her, except she was engaged to be married. He slept with her best friend and told her that she had to get HER priorities straight before she began another relationship.

The difference between her and Max was she didn’t become bitter, just more determined to succeed, whereas Max had decided to take out his frustration on the rest of the female population. She could understand it but couldn’t condone it.

They left the Valentino and went to the Casino. As they entered they realized that the Casino was huge and it felt very spacious. They weren’t sure what they were expecting; maybe something a little seedier but this was gorgeous, with high ceilings and total absence of smoke.

They used their own money to play Black Jack, Roulette, Slot Machines and have a stint at the Craps table. After the excitement of actually winning some of their money back they decided to head to the club to finish off the night.
Last edited by Janetfl on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 13 16/Mar/10

Post by Janetfl »

Thanks for all the great feed back and support!!! You guys ROCK!!!!

Ellie
Courtney
roswell3053
Lou
Eve
Carolyn
LilithAnn
Ginger
AlysLuv
Natalie36
Carrie
AvalonRose
abbs007
Dreamer4life
Cocogurl
Destiny
CrashandBurn8321

This chapter is especially for CrashandBurn8321 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Again, the information in this chapter about the club comes from About.com.

Chapter 13

As Max and Liz entered the club they were in awe at their surroundings. This had to be one of the most incredible clubs they had ever been to.

The club was huge and split into different levels. It afforded you the ability to lose yourself in a world that was both beautiful and beguiling. There was a very large lounge that felt comfortable but holding a lot of sexual energy.

The club was filled with many hues of beige, reds, browns and yellows and many Buddha like statues placed strategically around the place for decoration. The dancers that were provided for entertainment purposes were both sexy and alluring.

What really took Liz’s breath away was the entrance as you walked towards the lounge. It felt like you were in a circular dark tunnel with massive marble sinks, full of fresh flower petals, on each side. The only lighting would be the gentle spot lights that shone on each one and a candle that adorned each side of the massive bowl. The ambience of the whole club was simply amazing, something that definitely had to be experienced.

What surprised Liz the most was the entrance fee was only $20 but she realized that this club made its money in other ways, through the drinks and entertainment.

There was a DJ playoff happening tonight. Each one of the DJ’s competing for the highest amount of bodies on the dance floor. So the music was energetic and upbeat.

Both Max and Liz were feeling the effects of the alcohol they had already consumed but neither wanted, or wished to stop. They were both having too good a time to be bothered.

The only problem is, they didn’t realize that it was making them more daring, more loose tongued and that spelt disaster for both of them, although they never realized it at the time.

As per usual, it was Max who started the competition between them.

“I have to say Max, that I’ve actually enjoyed myself tonight.”

“I thought you might,” smiled Max. “I’ve enjoyed tonight as well. I have to admit, I didn’t think you would be this spontaneous.”

“What do you mean by that?” asked Liz, a little confused.

“Well, I’ve noticed that you are the sort of person who likes to consider the pros and cons of everything before making a decision.”

“What’s wrong with that? It gives you better judgement to make the right decision rather than jumping in feet first.”

“Like I do, you were about to say?” retorted Max.

“Well, if the shoe fits, wear it.”

“There’s nothing wrong with spontaneity Liz. It makes life exciting. It puts a fire in your belly knowing that you could risk it all by making one mistake. It’s what makes you feel alive!”

“So, the way I lead my life is boring and I don’t take risks, is that what you’re saying?” asked Liz, incredulously.

“My point exactly,” said Max, with a smug smile on his face.

“Fine,” said Liz, through gritted teeth. “He wants to see spontaneity. I’ll show him,” she said under her breath but loud enough for Max to catch.

Right then he wanted to kiss her. She looked all riled up, red faced and gorgeous. He was hoping that she would just admit the feelings she has for him, held deep inside her and he could finally get to kiss those gorgeous pink lips that had been the focus of his attention for most of the night.

He slowly leaned towards her, intent on making his feelings known when she suddenly stood up and walked towards the end of the bar.

He noticed a man looking intensely at Liz, as she approached him and he didn’t like it one bit.

The guy smiled at Liz and offered to buy her a drink.

What? Did the guy not realize that he was sitting there?

Okay, he maybe what some women would call handsome but this was Liz.

“That would be great, thank you,” replied Liz, smiling.

She found this man rather attractive. He had short cropped, dark hair. A beautiful triangular shaped face; dark slightly pointed eyebrows, thin lips and the most intense chocolate brown eyes she had ever seen. His mouth went slightly up on one side as he gave her a genuine smile, showing off his perfect white teeth. He was deeply tanned with slight freckles covering his face. She could see that he had a firm but lean body on him.

Max was watching Liz closely as she checked out his competition. He could tell that she liked him because her breathing increased as she took in the fine features of his face. How come this had suddenly backfired on him?

“I’m Liz and you are?” said Liz, holding out her hand in greeting.

“My name is Richard, pleasure to meet you Liz,” he said, shaking her hand.

He’d been watching her since she entered the room and found he was instantly attracted to her. He could tell that her so called friend actually felt more for her than he was letting on. He could see it in his eyes, the way he looked at her but he could also read her body language.

He could tell that Liz was extremely attracted to the man she had entered the club with but for some reason was hiding it from him. Richard saw the guy had obviously said something to upset Liz, to goad her into letting down those frosty walls that were just for him, but it seemed to have backfired on him.

“My friend Max, over here reckons I’m not spontaneous enough, what do you think?” she asked Richard, leaning close to him so he could get a good view of her cleavage.

Richard, being the gentleman he was, refused to look in that area even though it was the hardest thing he had ever done. He could tell that somehow Liz was trying to get Max jealous and by the thunderous look on his face she was succeeding.

What the hell, if he could get these two together then that was a good nights work right?

He was, in fact, a relationship expert or some would say a marriage guidance counsellor and if a couple needed guidance to realize their feelings for one another it was these two. He didn’t mind being the catalyst for that to happen.

He was, however, completely shocked when Liz grabbed hold of his face in her hands and proceeded to kiss him senseless. At first, Richard remained stiff and unresponsive but couldn’t help his body betraying him as he opened up to her onslaught.

He heard a guttural growl and felt Liz being forcibly pulled backwards. When he opened his eyes he met the steely gaze of Max. He could see steam practically coming out of every orifice the man had.

He realized that this game she was playing could get him into a lot of trouble and he didn’t want to be on the receiving end of, what he suspected to be, a very hard punch.

“What the hell are you doing, Liz?” hissed Max.

“I’m being spontaneous Max, throwing caution to the wind, just like you suggested,” replied Liz.

“Throwing caution to the wind, or yourself,” spat Max, his jealousy and rage barely contained.

“Why the hell don’t you two just admit your feelings for one another, it would be a lot easier than playing this game,” said Richard.

“Shut up!” they both shouted in unison, turning to face him.

Then it was Max who realized what Richard had said.

“What do you mean OUR feelings?”

“God, you two must be the blindest, seeing people I know. You have feelings for her, she has them for you. It’s not rocket science. The sexual tension between you two is phenomenal. I felt and saw it as soon as you entered the room and yet both of you are in denial.”

“Who the fuck, are you?” snapped Max, shocked that this guy had read him so easily without even talking to him.

A ghost of a smile graced Richard’s lips. Oh he was going to enjoy this.

“I’m a relationship expert.” Richard smiled when both their faces paled.

“Ha, shows you how much of an expert you are then. We hate each other’s guts,” shouted Liz.

“There’s not much difference between love and hate Liz. Why do you hate him so much? Because he’s probably the only person that can get under that thick skin of yours, and why do you think that is?”

That got a small chuckle out of Max which earned him a smack from Liz.

“Yeah, laugh it up asshole.”

“I bet he makes your life a living hell. Does he Liz?”

“You could say that.”

“I thought so. That’s so you don’t get too close to him.”

“I swear, you say another word and I’ll give you something to be sorry about,” threatened Max.

“Why Max, are you worried I’ll get to the truth? Let Liz hear how in love with her you really are? Tell her that, that fact scares the living crap out of you and so you do everything in your power to push her away?”

“I ... that’s ...” stuttered Max, his face turning an interesting shade of red.

Liz looked a Max and was shocked. She had feelings for him since the first day she met him, but when he opened his mouth she decided to bury those feelings deep down. He’d made it perfectly clear, or so she thought what his feelings for her were; one being contempt and the other, well the other was the fact that she constantly grated on his nerves.

Never in a million years did she expect that lost boy look on his face as Richard spilled all his secrets for him. She could see that Max was feeling incredibly uncomfortable with the whole situation and for some reason made her protective instincts came out.

Liz threw her head back and laughed at Richard. She was trying to make Max less uncomfortable.

“Relationship expert,” spat out Liz, “seriously Max, I’d ask for my money back if I went to him for advice, wouldn’t you?”

“See that Max, she’s trying to protect you because she knows that I’ve made you feel uncomfortable and you two say you have no feelings for each other. It’s actually quite laughable. Seriously, you two should just get married and get on with it.”

“Would you shut up,” said Liz, glaring at Richard. She couldn’t believe that this whole thing had actually backfired on both of them.

But Richard wasn’t about to stop now, he was having too much fun at their expense.

“As I remember, it wasn’t me who was trying to make Max jealous and get some kind of reaction from him. It was you who decided to kiss a perfect stranger to invoke a response from the man and that you did. So why now do you deny it?”

Liz raised her hand ready to smack the smarmy bastard across that adorable face of his but she was stopped mid swing by Max and that took her by surprise.

“What? Max?”

“He doesn’t deserve a smack for just telling the truth Liz,” whispered Max. She almost didn’t hear him, almost.

“Finally, one of you is prepared to tell the truth...” but Richard stopped as Liz gave him a hard glare, one that would make hell freeze over.

“Max?”

“We need to talk,” said Max, practically dragging Liz away from Richard so they could talk somewhere private.

He gently pushed her into one of the empty booths.

“Stay there, I’m getting us a drink. I think we’ll need one after this discussion.”

Liz was about to protest at his order but the look Max gave her instantly silenced her. As she waited patiently for his return, she started to squirm in her seat. She didn’t want to have this conversation with Max. It would mean admitting feelings she’d buried and never expected to think about again.

As Max approached the table with the drinks she started to panic. She couldn’t do this right now. All those feelings that she’d buried long ago were now rushing to the surface.

Max could see the total look of fear on Liz’s beautiful face as he approached the booth, drinks in hand. Somehow this relaxed him slightly. He wasn’t glad to see her discomfort, no, he would do anything to wipe that look off her face and replace it with a smile, but it meant that she was just as terrified as he was about this whole situation and that, strangely enough, gave him the confidence to do what he was about to do.

To her shock, instead of Max sitting opposite to her, he came and sat down right beside her. She had no means of escape unless she wanted to crawl all over him just to get out. She realized this was probably deliberate.

“Max, what that guy Richard said, he doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about,” said Liz, prepared to go on with her speech so they could get out of this situation quickly but the intense look Max was giving her made her stop.

“Really? So you have no feelings for me whatsoever?” he asked in a husky voice, leaning towards Liz.

“I ... well I ... what?” stuttered Liz. She was finding it hard to breathe because Max was now definitely in her personal space. His lips mere inches away from hers and she could feel his warm breath against her face as he spoke softly. She couldn’t resist looking down at his lips before meeting his intense gaze.

“Look me in the eyes Liz and tell me you don’t feel for me what I feel for you.” He closed the distance between them a little more, his nose practically touching hers. His chest was expanding rapidly as his breathing got heavy.

“I ... Max this is ... we can’t ...” Liz couldn’t get the words out because all of a sudden the air around her seemed to disappear. She was trying to force oxygen into her lungs which was making talking almost impossible, her breasts heaving with the strain.

“Can’t? There’s no such word in my vocabulary Liz. He’s right you know, when I saw you kissing him it drove me insane,” he glanced at her wet lips as he admitted his feelings at seeing her kiss someone other than him.

“But you said ... I was ...” Liz didn’t get to finish her explanation as Max’s lips descended roughly on hers. He fisted her hair at the nape of her neck and pulled her roughly towards him. He couldn’t help it; looking at those lips opening when she tried to explain was enough to break his resolve.

As Max’s lips descended on hers and his tongue darted into her open mouth, a searing heat raced through her veins. She felt every nerve in her body stand on end, electric pulses affecting her neither region making her instantly wet to his touch. Her head dizzy and mind completely taken over by the lust induced haze.

Somehow Max had lifted her body so she was now straddling his lap, not once breaking the intense kiss they were both sharing, one hand still fisted in her hair, the other, drawing lazy circles on her now exposed upper thigh.

Liz’s hands weren’t idle either, she had fisted one in his hair making it stand up on end while the other wrapped around his neck and pulled him closer, if that were possible.

Their tongues dueled in an ancient dance of promises that were to come.

Liz could feel Max’s erection pressing in to her hot wet core and she couldn’t help grinding her hips into it which elicited a deep moan from Max’s throat. It was only when his hand skimmed the inside of her pink lacy panties that reality suddenly came crashing back into her brain and she immediately broke the heated kiss.

They both sat with their foreheads together, their chests heaving, trying to obtain oxygen. A look of confusion entered Max’s eyes as Liz looked intensely at him.

“We ... can’t do this Max,” she breathed.

“What? Why not?”

“Because I’m not going to become another notch on your bed post, I deserve better than that,” said Liz. It took all her resolve not to kiss him again but she stuck to her principles and started to remover herself from his lap.

Max could sense that he was losing Liz and he grabbed her thighs to keep her across his lap.

“You could never be that Liz,” he stated with sincerity.

“You say that now Max, but your reputation is legendary, love them and leave them. I’m sorry I can’t do this.”

She raised her thigh ready to remove herself from Max’s lap when his arms suddenly surrounded her waist in a vice like grip, making her unable to move.

“Then marry me,” he said.

“WHAT?” screeched Liz, a look of total shock crossing her face, her eyes wide and her mouth hanging open.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 14 16/April/10

Post by Janetfl »

Hi everyone, I apologise for my long time away from the board but I did post a notice on my authors page explaining my kids were sick and I was taking a short break from writing. As it turned out the week after my kids got better I was taken down with a Strep throat infection and had to go to the doctors. After a very nasty week of swollen glands and other stuff you would not want me to mention ... I'm finally back on my feet and writing again. Rest assured that TAOS is the next story to be updated and the rest will follow.

I can't thank you all enough for your kind comments, support for this story and your patience!!

Courtney
Carolyn
Destiny
Ellie
Ginger
Natalie36
AvalonRose
behr_able
LilithAnn (congratulations on your engagement!)
CrashandBurn8321
Lou
dreambeliever
roswell3053
Carrie
Eve
AlysLuv
Superman86
reddawn1816

I could not have done this chapter without the help of my beta reader Lou. Thank you for constantly supporting me, my ideas, my stories and helping get what’s in my head down in words. Simply put, you ROCK!!!!! Thank you!!

Chapter 14

Max kicked open the door to the hotel room as he effortlessly lifted Liz into his arms, carrying her over the threshold.

“Max you didn’t have to do that,” she giggled.

“Hey, we’ve already done this whole thing the wrong way around. Let’s not doom the relationship before it’s even started,” said Max, as he gently placed Liz back on her feet.

“So where were we Mrs Evans,” asked Max, as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I believe we left off where the Minister said you may now kiss the bride,” said Liz, as she wrapped her arms around Max’s neck.

She could feel his burning gaze as he perused every inch of her beautiful face. He pulled her flush against his rock hard body, no longer able to stand the distance between them. Trailing a finger across her cheek he hooked it under her chin and lifted her face, drawing her hooded eyes towards his desire filled ones.

He ran the pad of his thumb along her soft pink lips, leaning in so that their breaths mingled as one. He inhaled the stimulating scent of something floral, yet subtle. Their lips brushed together in a feather light touch of promises to come, which sent a white hot fire coursing though Max’s veins and a strong shiver down Liz’s spine.

Capturing her lips fully, Max ran his tongue along her bottom lip before dipping in to taste the sweet recesses of her mouth. Their tongues danced, played and duelled. God she tasted like sweet honey and it was intoxicating. He began to kiss her more fiercely as her taste permeated his entire being.

An uncontrollable small moan escaped from deep within his throat. He released her lips to carry on his tortuous journey along her jaw line and down her neck, stopping to nip and suck on the pulsating flesh.

“Yesss,” hissed Liz, as he latched on to her sensitive spot.

Max had never felt this way about anyone before. The mere touch of her skin on his lips burned her very essence into his mind, body and soul.

“God I want you,” he whispered, as he crossed to the other side of her neck, giving it the same treatment on his way back up towards those sweet lips.

Her breath coming out in short hard pants, Liz fisted his shirt in her hands, holding on for dear life as bolts of electricity ran through her whole body, igniting a fire deep in the pit of her stomach.

As those words reached her ears she couldn’t take it any longer. She moved one of her hands around to the back of his neck, threaded her fingers through his short hair and forcefully pulled his head up, crushing her lips against his.

She could feel his hard, straining erection pressing against her body. She moved her free hand down between their bodies and scraped her nails along the length of him, showing him exactly what she wanted, what she needed.

The lack of oxygen and the sensations she had caused by scraping her nails across his member made Max break the kiss. He placed his forehead on hers, his breathing heavy, drawing air into his starving lungs.

“Jesus Liz, you’re going to be the death of me,” he whispered huskily.

Liz pulled the shirt out of his trousers, unbuttoned it, trailing gentle kisses in her wake. She moved her palms over the now exposed, hard contours of his chest, up and over his shoulders as she removed his shirt, letting it pool on the floor.

“Wow,” was all that slipped from her lips, as she took in the glorious sight of this magnificent man.

She found it thrilling the way his muscles jumped when her fingers ran across the expanse of his chest, down his abdomen and followed the slight trail of hair that disappeared into his trousers.

A tingling sensation was left behind where her hands and fingers had caressed his skin. It was as if his whole body was coming alive under her touch, intense desire shot through his entire body as those skillful fingers followed the hair down to his trousers, just skimming along the top before pulling the material away from his skin and then allowing it to snap back against his skin, a slight giggle left her lips.

So she wanted to play?

She was about to get burned.

Max grabbed her thigh, lifted up her toned leg so it wrapped around his hip, the point of her strappy pink sandal digging into the back of his muscular thigh. He cupped her ass, lifted her from the floor and pushed her hard against the door, her other leg automatically wrapping around his waist and locking her into position.

With her weight against the door, Max’s hands were free to roam. He took one of his hands, drew his finger across her lips before she darted out her tongue, manoeuvring his finger inside her mouth and letting her suck the length before releasing it from her lips.

Yep, she was going to be the death of him.

His hands made quick work of removing her blouse. Liz arched her back to allow him access to her bra. With one flick of his fingers, it was open and he used both hands to glide the straps down her arms, allowing the garment to fall on the floor.

He placed his hands over each breast, a perfect fit, and gently squeezed the stiff peaks between his thumb and forefinger. A mewing sound escaped before she hissed as his warm moist mouth replaced one of his hands. He alternated between swirling her hard erect nipple with the tip of his tongue, to small grazing bites with his teeth.

He manoeuvred them towards the desk against the wall of the hotel room. He swept his hand across it, knocking everything to the floor.

Max grabbed Liz around her hips and placed her gently on the surface, he slowly slid his hands down one of her silky legs. He was just about to remove her strappy high heeled sandal when he felt her soft hand halt his movements.

“No, leave them on,” she said, in a seductive voice.

God he had died and gone to heaven.

He found that sexy as hell.

He moved his hands seductively back up her leg, hooked his fingers in the top of her lacy panties and proceeded to remove them.

He dropped to his knees as the smoky scent of her arousal hit his senses. He knew it was something he could never get enough of. He gently pushed her legs wider, lifted them over his bare shoulders, parted her folds and ran his tongue along the full length of her.

Liz gripped the edge of the desk with one hand, while the other tangled itself within his hair pulling him closer to her to heat. He dipped his tongue into her opening and lapped at her juices like a dying man stranded in the desert.

A ripple of excitement coursed through her body as Max used his skillful tongue to bring her towards completion.

His mouth encased her heated core, licking and sucking at the sensitive flesh. He placed two fingers inside of her and found the sensitive bundle of nerves that would bring her so much pleasure. As his rhythmic fingers brought her closer to the edge he applied pressure to her clitoris with his thumb. As she was about to cum he wrapped his lips around her nub and sucked on it hard.

“Max!” screamed Liz, as her orgasm erupted through her body; her walls clamping down on Max’s fingers. He continued his rhythm until she came back down from her high. He removed his fingers and sucked off the remaining juices which started a fire burning inside Liz all over again.

Liz hopped off the desk and with wobbly legs, led him towards the bed. She kissed him passionately tasting herself slightly on his lips which turned her on even more. She pushed him down on the bed and quickly removed his shoes, socks, trousers and boxer shorts.

His erection stood proud as she crawled up his body and straddled his waist with her naked thighs, stroking his hard shaft.

"Please Liz.”

His tormented groan sent a shiver of expectation down her spine.

"Please, what Max?"

"LIZ..." he growled in warning as her hot core hovered above his throbbing manhood. She was so turned on that he could literally feel the heat emanating from her.

"Tell me Max," she commanded, her lips swollen from all the kissing they had done. Her cheeks flushed after he brought her to completion with his fingers and tongue. He could still taste her and he thought he could never get enough of it, or her.

He couldn't wait any longer and he knew Liz was just teasing him, so he grabbed her hips and impaled her on his hard, throbbing cock.

A hiss of pure pleasure left those beautiful lips of hers as she took him fully into her body. He guided her into a rhythm that suited them both, her breasts bouncing as she rode him hard. She was so wet that he could see her juices on his cock as she pulled herself up right to the tip, before she slammed back down on him.

It was like, small electrical volts where shooting though his whole body as he felt her warm walls encase him deep, time and time again.

A small sheen of sweat covered her body, almost making it angelic like, glowing in the dim light of the hotel room. This heavenly creature was riding him to completion and nothing ever looked as sexy as she did right then.

Her head rolled back in complete ecstasy as her completion drew near, the soft strands of her chocolate brown hair, brushing against his thighs.

He could feel her walls start to pulsate against him, begging him to join her as she stepped over that edge.

"Oh god Max!" she shouted, as her orgasm washed over her body.

"Liz!" Max shouted, as he spilled his hot seed inside of her.

She collapsed against his hard chest, panting with the workout her body had just gone through.

"Fucking hell Liz, I've never ..."

"I know, neither have I," she said before bringing her lips crashing back down on his.

Finally the exhaustion took over and she removed herself from his body. She kicked off her shoes, lay down next to Max and curled up against his body with her leg across his waist.

“You know Max; I had every intention of talking you out of this crazy idea until my traitorous mouth said a simple yes.”

“I’m glad your mouth decided to ignore your brain for once.”

She gently slapped his arm and then laughed.

“I nearly died of embarrassment when I realized we didn’t have any rings to exchange,” groaned Liz.

“I KNOW! I was eternally grateful for the Elvis Minister suggesting those sunglasses instead,” laughed Max.

“I didn’t think we could get married without the rings.”

“As long as you have the marriage licence, I don’t think it matters. I’m sure we’re not the first couple to forget the rings and I’m sure we won’t be the last.”

“We should have kept those glasses. You know, as a memento of our marriage.”

“You’re kidding right? I think they are where they belong, in the bin. I promise you Liz; I will go out and buy you the most gorgeous ring in the morning.”

“Max, we’re completely crazy doing this in one night. What if we wake up in the morning regretting everything? What happens when...”

Liz was cut off mid sentence as Max’s lips crashed down on hers in a bruising kiss. He couldn’t stand seeing that worried look on her face. He gently cupped her face and broke the kiss.

“Don’t think Liz, just feel. I promise you that everything will turn out great in the end. I know that I love you with every fibre of my being, and I’ll do anything to make you happy.”

He just dipped his head ready to kiss her again when she pulled back slightly so she could look into his eyes.

“You promise?” she whispered.

“I promise, now let’s get some sleep.”

END VEGAS FLASHBACK

As the images of that night finally subsided, Max stumbled back into his plush leather chair.

HOLY SHIT HE WAS MARRIED.

How the hell could he forget a night like that? What annoyed him the most was the fact that he’d even forgotten the promise he’d made to Liz.

And then those words came back to haunt him...

“She’s trying to get the marriage annulled as we speak.”

“The HELL she is!” said Max, standing up and making his way towards Liz’s office.

:wink:
Last edited by Janetfl on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 15 02/June/10

Post by Janetfl »

Okay no excuses ... I suck. Thank you to everyone who has left feedback for me. Seriously you guys are great!!!

Ellie
Ginger
Courtney
Dreambeliever
Eve
L-J-L 76 x 2
Carolyn
AlysLuv
AvalonRose
LilithAnn
behr_able
roswell3053
claudia
Superman86
Destiny
yayaliens

I can't thank you enough for all the support. I'm just hoping this chapter makes up for my recent absence. I'm working on the next chapter already. :P

Chapter 15

Max had never been more determined in his life than he was right now. He stalked towards Liz’s office with only one thing on his mind. There was no way he was allowing her to get that annulment. Although he’d made a monumental screw up of the relationship so far, he was not going to let her go that easy. She would have to fight him first and this was one battle he had every intention of winning.

Why?

Because he loved her.

The fact that she’d kept this from him all this time hurt him deeply, but then he realised that she was probably as much in the dark about what went on that night as he was, except for the fact that they were married. All he had to do was remind her.

“Liz?”

The way Max had said her name, almost as if he was in awe of her, made her freeze and look up in shock. She quickly remembered that she was holding the annulment papers in her hand and shoved them into the back of the presentation; placing it to one side.

As soon as Max laid eyes on Liz, his body started to betray him. He could hear the thunderous roar of his heartbeat in his ears. He felt a bolt of desire shoot through his body as he remembered that night in Vegas, but this wasn’t about that. He reigned in his emotions so he could concentrate more on the task at hand.

“MAX!” Liz said, as she jumped up from her chair. Her voice sounded high even to her own ears.

As Max walked closer to Liz, it was as if his body was craving her. Here, stood before him, was this petite woman who had stolen his heart, mind, body and soul. He watched as Liz started to squirm under his intense gaze.

“Max?”

She watched as he undressed her with his eyes making a deep blush rise to her cheeks. The fact that he hadn’t even said anything yet was making her nervous. He just stood there staring at her like he was really seeing her for the first time.

Max walked towards the desk, Liz’s eyes not leaving his for one second. He could see that she knew something had changed within him. He quickly snatched the presentation from her desk and watched as her eyes widened in horror. Before she could snatch it away from him, he pulled out the annulment papers and tore them up right in front of her.

Liz couldn’t speak. Her mouth had gone dry as she watched him. So now he knew. Had he finally remembered that night? How did he find out about the annulment papers? Had he seen them when she was trying to get him to sign them? What had actually happened that night? Why couldn’t she remember? She felt physically sick.

As Max came closer to her she took an involuntary step back. The way he was looking at her was making her body come alive, like it knew what to expect from that one look. A shiver of pure excitement ran through her body like a tidal wave.

As Max moved closer, she moved back until there was nowhere else to go. She was pressed up against the office wall with only an inch between her and Max’s body. She could feel the heat radiating off him.

She watched as Max struggled to breathe when he looked down at her lips and then back into her chocolate orbs. What she saw in his eyes was pure desire. They were dark, almost black, his lids heavy. She couldn’t help her tongue snaking out to wet her lips which earned her a groan from Max.

He bent his head so that his lips were almost touching Liz’s ear.

“If you thought for one second that I would sign that annulment, you were sadly mistaken.”

Because Max’s voice was so deep, husky and incredibly sexy, it took a while for what he had said to permeate her lust filled brain.

“Max I’m...”

Max couldn’t resist the pull towards Liz any longer; he needed to taste her again. He brought his mouth slowly towards her lips giving her the chance to turn away from him, but she didn’t.

At first it was a tentative kiss. He moved his mouth languidly across hers, savouring every moment. He stroked his tongue gently along her lips. The small gasp that escaped her mouth allowed him the access he so desperately wanted. He plundered her mouth with his tongue. Exploring every recess as if it was the last time she would grant him this wonderful wish.

Liz was holding on for dear life. Her whole body was tingling, from the tips of her toes to the end of her fingers. Her mind couldn’t produce a coherent thought as it spun out of control. She grabbed onto Max’s shirt as her bones turned to liquid.

The sensations he was causing, in her body, with that one kiss was simply mind blowing. Somewhere in the back of her conscious thought she knew this was wrong, that it wouldn’t last but she couldn’t stop.

She threaded her fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck and pulled him down harder. She couldn’t get enough. She barely registered him grabbing her thigh and lifting her leg around his waist. His hard arousal pressed against her stomach as he continued to cause havoc on her senses.

Max was falling deep, fast. He knew that this was what had caused their problems in the first place, so as hard as it was for him, he ripped his lips away from hers and took a step back. This earned a delicious whimper from Liz’s throat.

His chest was heaving with the strain of staying away from her. He looked at her flushed face, her swollen lips where he had been kissing her and there was nothing sexier to Max than seeing her this way, but his mind screamed at him that this had to be done right ... or he’d lose her forever.

Two words slipped from his mouth before he left Liz in her office dazed, confused and totally ravished.

“Remember Liz.”

His whole body shook as he walked out of that office. He needed to get home and have an extremely cold shower; possibly for the rest of the night the way he was feeling right now.

Liz slid down the wall, wondering what the hell had just happened. It was a few minutes later that she stood up on very shaky legs, those words ringing in her ears.

“Remember Liz.”

And then the floodgates opened. Her mind was assaulted by the images of that night in Vegas.

FLASHBACK

The giddiness she felt as Max lifted her into his strong arms, carrying her into the hotel room.

The white hot heat that shot through her entire being as he admitted he wanted her.

The way she scraped her nails across his hard length, instinctively knowing that this is what she truly wanted and desired.

She outwardly groaned as she remembered how soft his skin was but also how the steely hardness of his muscles jumped when her hands moved across his magnificent chest.

How her breasts were perfectly moulded to fit into his hands; the way she felt when his mouth encased her engorged nipples, sending the blood roaring around her aroused body.

The intense orgasm she had as he lavished attention on her with his mouth and skilful fingers, the slight taste of herself on his lips as he kissed her senseless.

How he impaled her on his throbbing manhood, when he couldn’t take her teasing any longer.

How she felt beautiful riding his glorious body to completion, knowing it was her giving him this pleasure.

The promise he made to her before they eventually fell asleep.

END FLASHBACK

After the memories of that night finally receded Liz knew she was in trouble. There was no way that she would be able to stay away from Max now. Why? Because she knew he truly did love her ... but she still hadn’t told him the whole story and that alone scared her more than anything.

How would he feel about her when she finally admitted her worst fear to him? Would he run a mile? Or would he be the one to chase her demons away?

It was with very shaky legs that Liz stood up from the floor. She had to get home and think about the whole situation. She knew if Max got close to her again she might not be able to resist him. Maybe that was one situation she needed to avoid at all cost.

Later that night...

As Max entered his empty apartment he couldn’t help the slight feeling of melancholy that rested against his heart. He wanted Liz here with him.

The apartment felt, empty, barren without her wonderful presence to make it come alive. That’s when he knew he was truly in trouble. What if Liz didn’t want him, like he wanted her? It didn’t bear thinking about. He couldn’t imagine staying here without her laughter to fill the empty void.

A lot was riding on his gut instinct. He just hoped he was right. He felt sure if Liz remembered that night, she would truly know how he felt about her.
Last edited by Janetfl on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 16 03/June/10

Post by Janetfl »

Okay ... like I said in my previous chapter, I apologise for being away for so long! I'm back now with a vengeance!!! Here is the next chapter, as promised. Thank you for all the encouraging support!!!! Oh by the way ... it's about to get worse before it gets better. Just warning you guys!!! :wink:

Ellie
Eve
Carrie
Courtney
LilithAnn
Ginger

mddk98: thanks so much for leaving feedback!! I love it when new readers come along. Thank you so much.
AvalonRose
Carolyn
Dreambeliever
L-J-L 76

Thank you so much!!! Without further delay .....

Chapter 16

Max was whistling a tune he didn’t even recognise as he walked through the office. Today was the day that he was going to start his relationship with Liz. He was determined to do it right this time. He was going to ask her out on a date and he couldn’t wait to see her reaction.

After a long time thinking last night, he realised that he’d made the right decision even though his body was telling him otherwise. He knew he had to ease Liz into the relationship because she was terrified of him hurting her.

“Max?”

Max spun around to see Tess sticking her head out of her office.

“Can you come in and see me for a second. I need to talk to you about something.”

All he wanted to do was go straight to Liz’s office but he couldn’t let his work suffer.

“Sure.”

He got an ominous feeling as Tess shut the door behind him.

“Why don’t you take a seat?”

He didn’t like the sound of Tess’s voice and looked her in the eyes as he took the seat opposite her.

“What’s going on Tess?”

“Well I have good news and bad.”

Tess was having difficulty telling Max what was on her mind. She loved this man like a brother; he was the only person that had ever seen underneath the surface, or who had ever cared to look hard enough and help her.

“The good news is you and Liz nailed the Howell account. We’ve won the contract!”

Max gave Tess a dazzling smile.

“I knew we would. We make a great team Tess.”

Max watched as Tess’s face dropped and his stomach lurched.

“This is about Liz, isn’t it?”

Tess couldn’t look him in the eyes. Damn Liz for putting her in this position, but then she remembered that it was her that got them both into this situation in the first place. She steeled herself for what was to follow. She knew she had a difficult task ahead of her.

“Liz has taken a week off Max.”

A look of confusion crossed his face.

“Well she’s been working hard Tess. I’m not surprised she needs a ...”

“No Max, you don’t understand what I’m trying to tell you. She’s taken a week off to decide if she’s ever going to come back to the office again, to the city again. She took an early flight out this morning and said she would contact me by the end of the week.”

Tess almost cried out in pain when she saw the devastated look on Max’s face.

“I’m so sorry Max,” she whispered as tears started to pool in her eyes.

“Don’t be. It’s not over yet Tess. Where is she?” asked Max in a determined tone.

“I don’t know,” Tess whispered through her tears.

Max was about to lose all semblance of control if he didn’t get out of the office soon.

“I ... I have to go, now!”

This galvanised Tess into action.

“Max, what are you going to do?”

“I’m going to find her Tess. There’s no way she’s getting away from me again.”

“I wouldn’t do that if I was you Max. She, she specifically told me that if you tried to find her, we’d never hear from her again.”

That was it for Max. He couldn’t hold the pain in any longer and he did something he hadn’t done in a very long time.

He cried.

Tess shot from behind her desk to engulf Max in a hug.

“I’m, I’m so sorry Max. This is entirely my fault. I thought that if I sent you to Vegas you would admit your feelings for one another, like you did for me and Kyle. I didn’t know it was going to turn out like this. I’m so sorry, so very sorry ...”

Tess’ heart was breaking in two. She’d never seen Max cry. He was always the strong, self assured one. To see him like this was devastating. She knew now, just how deeply Max loved Liz.

“Oh god Max, what can I do to make the pain go away!”

Max finally broke the embrace with Tess. He violently swiped the tears from his face.

“You have nothing to be sorry about Tess. Even the small moments I’ve had with Liz have made this worthwhile but there is something I need you to do for me.”

Tess wiped the tears from her cheeks.

“Anything, Max.”

“Give me the earring out of the safe. I need it.”

“Max, what are you going to do?”

“I’m going to get her back Tess. No one or anything is going to stop me.”

There was nothing Tess could do now. She knew no amount of talking to Max could stop him. She wasn’t sure she wanted to. What would she want if she was in Liz’s position? Yes, she would want her space but she would also want proof that this man loved her like she deserved.

Tess went to the safe and removed the earring that had been sitting there for well over a month now. She handed to Max.

“I’m not sure what you want with this, but go get her Max. Take all the time you need. You’re job will still be here when you get back. I’m so sorry for doing this to you.”

Max smiled at Tess.

“Don’t give up on me yet Tess. There’s more to me than meets the eye. I’m going to get her back, mark my words.”

“I don’t doubt it Max. Liz’s job will be here if she needs it, now go!”

Max had a mammoth task ahead of him but he wasn’t going to be deterred. He had to find Liz. He had to make her see that they were meant for each other. He couldn’t understand what had her so scared that she would run away from him. Everything was riding on this one instinct of his. He just hoped he was right. The thought of living without Liz was threatening to crush him.

He marched towards his office, picked up the phone and dialed Alex’s phone number again.

“Alex Cross.”

“Alex, it’s Max.”

“Hey Max. How did it go with your lovely wife?”

This made Max falter a little.

“She’s gone Alex.”

“I’m guessing from your voice that this is not what you wanted?”

“No.”

“Then what can I do to help? I’ve known your dad for years Max and he talks about you all the time. Anything I can do and I’ll do it.”

“Find her. I don’t care about the cost. Just find her.”

“Consider it done.”

Max grabbed the jacket, that he left from the night before, after replacing the receiver and made his way towards a very special place. One that he hoped would save his marriage to Liz.

Later that evening...

Tess entered her plush apartment but somehow everything felt different, like she didn’t deserve the happiness she had.

“Oh are you a sight for sore eyes!” said Kyle as he came out of the kitchen.

“Kyle,” it came out as a plea and Tess broke down into tears.

Kyle ran to his lovely wife wondering what could have possibly upset her this much. He ran his hand through her gorgeous blonde curls as the other went around her waist.

“Shhh sweetie. What is it?” he asked as he stroked her back, lovingly, hoping this would bring her some form of comfort. He hated seeing his wife cry.

“I think I’ve just made the biggest mistake of my life!” cried Tess.

“Come on, sit down and tell me what’s going on.”

So she did exactly that.

“So, have I totally blown it? Do you think Max is in trouble? I couldn’t bear it Kyle!”

“I think you shouldn’t underestimate Max, Tess. He knows what he’s doing. He got us together and I can’t thank him enough for that. I’m sure once Max gets something in his mind; well I guess he just makes it happen. Have faith in him Tess. You’ll see this will all work out!”

“God, I hope so Kyle. I couldn’t stand being the one who caused all this.”

Kyle scooped his crying wife up off the sofa and carried her to the bedroom.

“Kyle?”

“You need to forget my love and remember, remember what Max is truly capable of when he sets his mind to something.”

And for one night, Tess just felt. Felt what it was like to be worshipped by the man she loved. Felt how Max instinctively knew what was right and there was a glimmer of hope in her heart once again.

:wink:
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 17 06/June/10

Post by Janetfl »

Yep, I'm back with another update!! This story is almost over ... only a few more chapters to go but I have to say that I've totally enjoyed writing this and I hope that I did Carolyn's hard earned money justice. I can't thank you enough Carolyn for supporting me on the Support Stacie Auction. The same goes for Courtney, once I have the other stories completed, which should be soon, I'll be starting on your auction story. Thank you for being so patient with me!!!

Ellie: I can't thank you enough for your kind words. You're feed back always makes me smile!! *Bats eyelids with a wink thrown in*
Courtney: Don't worry AOS will get an update soon. Thank you for your patience! I'll get there don't worry! :wink:
Ginger: You are a constant support. Thank you so much for always being there.
Eve: What can I say ... you've been with me from the beginning. I love the fact that you always stick by my stories, even when they get a little dark. :mrgreen:

To everyone else that has left feedback or bumps for this story: Many of you have been with me from the first time I posted ILWY. You know who you are! :wink: I can't thank you enough for all the support you have shown me! It makes those bad dry spells of writers block seem worthwhile. (Don't worry Earth is coming back soon!!!) To everyone that has joined me for this particular story; thank you for your encouragement, support and pushes to just get on with it. Without all of you it wouldn't seem worthwhile ...

LOU: I can't thank you enough for your ideas, input and general support!! You are my rock, my inspiration and a wonderful beta. I couldn't have asked for more! Thank you so much!!! :wink:

Without further delay here is the next chapter ... Oh and just so you know Chapter 18 will be with my beta reader today! :wink:

Chapter 17

It had been three weeks and still no word from Alex. He was starting to get worried. Maybe he wouldn’t be able to find Liz after all. The thought made him feel sick.

He had just finished checking in with Tess when his cell phone started to vibrate in his pocket. He prayed to ANY god that this was good news.

He flipped open his phone and tentatively held it to his ear.

“Max Evans.”

“Max! It’s Alex.”

“Please, please Alex, tell me you have good news.”

“I’ve found her.”

Max’s heart stopped beating for a second. Then a sudden relief flooded his whole body.

“Where is she, Alex?”

“She’s in Roswell, New Mexico. Her family own a little alien themed restaurant out there. That’s where she’s been staying since she left New York.”

“Has she ... has she ...”

Max couldn’t get the words out of his mouth.

“No Max. As far as I can tell, there’s no one else.”

Max sighed in relief, there was still a chance for them.

“I’ve got to warn you though Max....”

Oh god, what could there possibly be to make Alex say something like that? His heart constricted in his chest.

“What?”

“She seems to be with friends, who, well who are very protective of her. I’ve had my ass hauled to jail because I was caught following her. It took me a long time to persuade the Sheriff here that I wasn’t a threat to Liz. Don’t worry, before you ask, I didn’t mention your name. I just explained that I was working on a case for your father, lucky for me he backed me up.”

“I can’t thank you enough Alex. I promise I’ll make it worth the trouble you’ve been through.”

“Like I said earlier Max, I’ve known your father for a long time. I made a promise to him a long time ago that if anyone in his family needed me, I would be there.”

“What’s the address?”

“You can’t miss it. This is a small town. Just ask for directions to the Crashdown. You’ll find it easy enough.”

“Thanks so much Alex.”

This was it; this was the chance he’d been waiting for. He wasn’t going to waste time hanging around. He phoned the office and got his secretary to make all the flight and hotel arrangements. Then he was put through to Tess.

He knew she had been feeling guiltier as the weeks passed with no news on Liz’s whereabouts, even though Max never blamed her for the situation he found himself in.

“Hello, Max?”

“Tess, it’s good news. Alex found her.”

“Oh my god that’s wonderful! Are you okay?”

“Honestly, I’m nervous as hell but I have to see this through. If I don’t I couldn’t live with myself for not at least trying.”

“Well she never said that she wasn’t coming back, just that she needed more time to think. That’s a good sign isn’t it?”

Tess was praying that she was right. If this didn’t work out, it would break Max and she didn’t think she could handle that.

“That’s the only hope I’m clinging on to right now Tess. So, yes, I’m hoping it means she still hasn’t made up her mind.”

“I’ll be thinking of you Max. Good luck.”

“Thanks Tess. I’ll see you when I get back.”

Max had one more stop to make before he went home to pack. He’d placed a lot of faith in his gut instinct and he hoped that it would be worth it.

Later that evening...

Max’s secretary had booked him into the Doubletree Hotel which was only five miles from the airport. When he disembarked from the plane, all he wanted to do was go and see Liz. He had missed her these past few weeks. To go from having Liz in his life everyday to nothing was a living hell for him, but it was already late and by the time he would reach Roswell it would be near midnight.

He knew he would have to have his wits about him tomorrow. He was expecting Liz to fight and he was going to be ready. He would have an answer to whatever argument she could throw at him.

He stood by the hotel window taking in the wonderful sight. All the lights across the city were twinkling like a million stars. The sky was covered with hues of pink and purple and to top off the scenery; in the background was the dark red mountain.

Max suddenly felt the last few weeks catch up with him. He hadn’t slept properly since Liz had left him. He closed the curtains, stripped off his clothes and fell into bed. The cool sheets felt great against his hot body. It didn’t take long for him to fall into a deep sleep.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 18 08/June/10

Post by Janetfl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: There coming thick and fast now!!! :shock: :lol: :lol: Thank you to everyone that left feedback!!

Courtney
Ellie
Eve
AvalonRose
Carolyn
Destiny
Ginger
dreambeliever

behr_able: Sorry to hear about your computer!!! It sucks when that happens.
Lou

Chapter 18

It was with some trepidation Max got ready the next morning. He took one look in the mirror and realised just how hard the past three weeks had been on him. He had dark circles under his eyes and his usual smooth face now had a growth of facial hair that he’d not seen since he was a teenager.

He had spent over an hour getting ready. He knew how important this day was. He decided to wear black chinos, shirt and boots. Max almost laughed when he looked into the mirror. He looked more like he was going on a spy mission than to resurrect his relationship with Liz.

Max grabbed his jacket, the little blue bag on the sideboard and his key card before he left the room. He took one more look around, before closing the door; he would either be coming back to this room with a broken heart or with Liz. He desperately hoped it would be the latter.

Max’s secretary had been efficient and booked him a rental car. As he came closer to Roswell his emotions started to get the better of him. He truly wondered if this was the right thing to do. What if she really did need her space to think? Would turning up make her more determined to stay away from him?

After a three hour journey, he finally pulled up outside the alien themed restaurant. Alex was right, you couldn’t miss it. It had a massive UFO sticking out the front. He chuckled, imagining a young Liz growing up in this place.

As he stepped outside the air conditioned car he instantly felt the arid heat, causing him to perspire slightly or was it the fact that he was in walking distance of seeing Liz, he couldn’t be sure. He locked the car and made his way through the door of the diner.

He was quite surprised to find it busy. Most of the tables in the middle of the quirky room were filled. There were only a few booths empty. He could see two waitresses with short aqua green uniforms on. His mind instantly pictured Liz in one of them and his body responded.

“Calm down Max. You don’t want to scare her off before you’ve had a chance to talk to her,” thought Max.

Max made his way towards the little red counter in the corner. A bubbly blonde waitress was wiping it down as she spoke to one of the diners. As Max approached she stopped what she was doing and looked directly at him. He could have sworn a flicker of recognition ran across her face but that wasn’t possible, he’d never been to this town before.

The waitress plastered on a fake smile and started her usual spiel.

“Welcome to the Crashdown, my name is Maria and I’ll be your waitress today. What can I get you?”

“I haven’t looked at the menu yet. Can you recommend something?”

Maria looked at the handsome man standing before her. She could certainly see why Liz had fallen so hard for him. As soon as he walked through the door she had seen him. She knew instinctively that this was Max. Liz had given a good description, plus as soon as he entered the room the whole atmosphere changed. He was like a magnet, drawing everyone’s attention to him, although he didn’t seem to realise it.

“ORDER UP!”

The shout from Michael got her attention; she spun around and glared at him.

“OKAY, I’M COMING!”

She turned back around to face Max.

“Why don’t you sit down at one of those booths and I’ll be right with you.”

“Thank you.”

Max gave her one of his dazzling smiles. He knew that somehow these where the people that Alex had warned him about, especially the man with the spiky hair behind the kitchen pass. If he wanted to get to Liz, he had to go through them first. Maria was an easy target, the guy cooking; not so easy.

Michael watched as the new arrival sat down at one of the booths. As soon as he walked through the door it became clear that he’d captured everyone’s attention, including Maria’s and he didn’t like that one bit.

“Who the hell is that Maria?”

“That, Michael, is Max. The one Liz has been pining over the last few weeks.”

“What the hell is he doing here then? I thought she told him to stay away.”

“My guess, he’s not giving her up without a fight.”

That comment made Michael feel slightly better. Maria’s interest in this dark haired stranger wasn’t because she was attracted to him but because he held her best friends heart in his hands.

“Should I go and beat the living crap out of him now?”

“Michael, I know you love Liz like a sister but she’s not thinking clearly right now and you know it.”

“He better not hurt her like Adrian did or he won’t be going back to New York, that’s for sure.”

Maria just shook her head and made her way to where Max was sitting.

“So, have you decided what you want to order?”

Max decided to get straight to the point.

“Is Liz here?”

Maria didn’t quite know what to say. Yes, Liz was, in fact, upstairs but would she want Max knowing that? After all, what had the guy done, nothing but marry her. It was Liz that was running away from her past and she decided it was about time that stopped.

Maria sighed.

“It’s Max, isn’t it?”

Max just nodded.

“She is here Max but I can’t let you go up just yet. I’m going to have to warn her you’re here first, okay?”

“I’m not here to upset anyone Maria. I just want to talk to her. If you think it’s best for me to wait down here, then that’s what I’ll do. Just, please try to get her to talk to me.”

Maria’s heart went out to the poor guy. Okay, so she doesn’t really know Max, but the way Liz had spoken about him she knew that Liz was in love with him. She also suspected that the same was true for Max, after all, he’d come all this way to try and talk her to giving them a chance or maybe to take her back to New York. She decided to test him.

“I won’t be able to go up yet Max. There are only two of us serving today. You’re going to have to wait until I have a break, is that okay?”

“I’ve been waiting three weeks to find her Maria; another few hours aren’t going to matter but warn her that if she doesn’t speak to me today, I’m not going away. I don’t care how long it takes; I’ll sit here until she comes to see me.”

The more Max spoke to Maria the more she liked him.

“I’ll let her know. Now, do you want anything to eat while you wait?”

“The only thing I need Maria, is Liz.”

Maria was ready to melt into a big puddle of goo on the floor. Oh this guy was good. She doubted many people said no to Max but if there was one person in the world that could, it would be Liz. She seriously hoped that these two would sort out their differences. In many ways they were so alike it was unreal.

Maria continued to serve the patrons of the establishment until it was time for her break. She quickly ran upstairs to the apartment.

“LIZ! LIZ!”

“What Maria,” said Liz, as she came out of the bathroom.

When Maria was faced with Liz she wasn’t quite sure what to say. She knew she would probably run a mile when she found out that Max had found her but she had to try.

“Max is downstairs.”

She watched as the colour drained from Liz’s face.

“He’s, he’s downstairs,” she whispered.

Maria just nodded her head.

“Oh god Maria, what am I going to do?”

“Erm ... talk to him.”

“Maria, you don’t understand. Max knows nothing about, about what happened.”

Maria grabbed her friend gently around the arms.

“None of that was your fault Liz. You have to stop blaming yourself! Just tell Max the truth. He will understand.”

“What if he doesn’t Maria? What if I admit everything? He will then know that I’ve been thinking about having that with him. If he leaves me after admitting that, I don’t think I could handle it.”

“But you’re never going to find out unless you tell him. What if he’s the one Liz? Could you ever forgive yourself if he got away? I think if you tell Max what happened, he would be devastated for YOU.”

“I can’t, I just can’t face him right now.”

Maria took a step back from her friend.

“Then I’ve got your back Liz, but I have to warn you ... I don’t think Max is going away. He told me that if you didn’t come down to talk to him today, he would just keep on coming back until you did and to be honest, I think he truly meant it.”

“I’m not ready to face him Maria.”

“Are you ever going to be ready?”

“I don’t know,” whispered Liz, as she ran to her room.

Maria just shrugged her shoulders. This was going to be along couple of weeks. She went down and told the news to Max. She watched his face carefully but didn’t see anything but determination in his eyes.

“I’ll be back tomorrow, the same time.”

Max walked out of the Crashdown disappointed but there was no way he was giving up on Liz yet. He knew she was hiding something. His mind had come up with many scenarios, some even made him feel sick to his stomach but whatever it was, they could work through it surely.

So this was how it went for another two weeks, Max showing up at the same time every day waiting for Maria to get Liz. He was met with the same response every time; Liz didn’t want to see him. By the Friday of the second week, Max was at the end of his tether.

Maria felt awful. She could see how this was affecting Max. The circles beneath his eyes were getting worse every time she saw him but she had to stay true to her friend.

“I’m sorry Max; it’s the same response as before.”

Max stood up in the booth.

“No Maria, I’m not doing this anymore.”

He pushed past Maria and headed towards the back of the diner. He went through the swing door only to be met by a rather ominous looking Michael. Yes, he knew the guy’s name now after speaking to Maria for the last two weeks.

“Michael, get out of my way,” growled Max, as he tried to make his way up the stairs.

Michael stepped in front of Max and pushed him hard, he fell to the floor.

“I think Liz has made her feelings perfectly clear. She doesn’t want to see you. Now why don’t you just leave her alone?”

Michael had come to admire Max’s determination, after all, he would do the same for Maria but he also had a loyalty to Liz, one that couldn’t be broken after the last time she came here. He couldn’t face seeing her like that again. If that meant that he would have to take Max down, then that is what he was prepared to do. Although he suspected Max could give as good as he got.

Max picked himself off the floor, dusted himself off and squared his shoulders. There was no way he was going to let anyone stop him from seeing Liz.

“Michael, my fight isn’t with you. I want to talk to Liz, that’s all. If I have to go through you to do it; then believe me I will.”

The corner of Michael’s mouth turned upwards in a slight smile. Was this guy seriously challenging him? He had no idea what he was letting himself into.

“So be it,” replied Michael.

Max wasn’t afraid of the man standing before him, but he did respect the fact that he was only trying to protect Liz. He really didn’t want to fight him but he was the only thing stopping him from finally getting to see Liz.

Both men grabbed each other and raised their fists ready for a fight until they heard a loud shriek coming from the swing door to the diner.

“WHAT THE HELL!” shouted Maria.

“Maria, he was trying to push his way upstairs to see Liz,” explained Michael.

Just as Max was about to explain his behaviour a voice drifted down from upstairs.

“Max?”

Hearing her angelic voice, Max immediately lowered his raised fist. He couldn’t believe that he and Michael nearly got into a fight.

“Liz, I’m sorry but I just wanted to talk to you. Michael was only trying to protect you.”

At this admission Michael looked at Max and lowered his own fist. He couldn’t believe that the guy he was about to punch the living shit out of was now defending him to Liz.

“You’d better come on up Max, so we can talk,” said Liz, turning around and making her way back to the apartment above the diner.

Max placed his foot on the first step of the stairs when he felt a hand wrap around his arm, he slowly turned ready to face Michael again if necessary.

“Just, just don’t hurt her Max. We almost lost her the last time. I don’t want to go through that again,” said Michael.

Max gave him a nod of understanding. He couldn’t fathom what had everyone so edgy. What the hell had happened to Liz to make both Maria and Michael act this way?

“I swear Michael; all I want to do is talk to her. If she doesn’t want me around after that, I’ll leave.”

Michael just gave him a curt nod and headed back into the kitchen.

As Max followed Liz upstairs he heard Maria starting to rip into Michael about the whole situation. He smiled; no way would he want to be at the end of Maria’s wrath.

As Max slowly followed Liz into the apartment he couldn’t help the sudden feeling of fear that encased his whole body. What if Liz did listen, and then wanted him to leave, would he be able to keep his promise to Michael? Would he leave?

He followed Liz into the living room. She quietly shut the door behind him.

As Max prepared his speech in his mind he couldn’t help the look of shock on his face as Liz turned around to face him.

“What the hell are you doing here Max? I thought I made myself perfectly clear to Tess. If you came after me I wouldn’t come back!”

Was she seriously angry with him? Did she honestly think that he would just give up without a fight? There was no way he was letting Liz get the upper hand, at least, not yet.

“Do you remember Liz?” he asked her in a gentle tone.

He had to know.

“I, Max I ... what difference does it make?”

Max couldn’t reign in his temper anymore.

“WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE? ARE YOU FOR REAL?” shouted Max.

“WHAT MAX? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!” yelled Liz.

“I want YOU Liz. I want everything we promised each other that night. I want that life with you. Is that so hard to understand?”

Liz was momentarily left speechless. What could she say to that? How could she explain her fear to Max?

“You don’t understand Max.”

“Then make me understand. All I see is someone who is terrified for some reason. You can’t imagine what’s gone through my mind Liz. It’s driving me insane! Please, just tell me what it is; we can work through this together. Nothing you say will make me want you any less than I already do!”

He was surprised when Liz laughed.

“Oh really, you think that nothing I say would make you turn away from me?” asked Liz, openly challenging him now.

He knew this was it. He’d pushed her too far. She was going to tell him. Was he prepared for the answer?

“Liz, please just tell me!” he begged.

It was on the tip of her tongue to tell Max everything, what she feared the most but then he would know how she truly felt and if he walked away from her after that, she wouldn’t cope with it. No, it was better this way.

“Max, just leave. I don’t want you here anymore.”

“No,” replied Max.

“FINE. I’LL LEAVE!” shouted Liz.

As Liz turned to leave, Max grabbed her arm and spun her around.

“Don’t go.”

“Max, let go of my arm. I can’t believe you tore up the annulment. Don’t you see, that was our way out of this mess!” shouted Liz.

“YOU THINK THIS IS A MESS. YOU knew we were married and never said anything. YOU were going to go behind my back and get it annulled, hoping that I didn’t remember what happened that night. YOU lied to me from the first time I mentioned it to you. How do you think that made me feel Liz, when I found out?”

“I...I thought I was doing you a favour. I knew you wouldn’t want to be tied down. It was a mistake Max.”

“You think we’re a mistake?”

She could see the hurt look in his eyes. She so desperately wanted to believe him. She’d never loved anything or anyone more than she did Max, but that’s what was scaring her. She wouldn’t survive the heartache if he decided to walk away. So she would.

“That’s right, all of this,” she gestured around the room with her hand. “Is a mistake!”

That’s when she saw the moment Max’s heart ripped in two. The total devastation was written across his face. She had to get out of there before she caved in. Seeing him like that was killing her.

“I have to go.”

She turned towards the door and just as she was opening it Max gently placed his hand on her shoulder. She made the mistake of turning around.

“Stay with me?”

“I ... I can’t,” replied Liz.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Stay With Me (M/L, ADULT) Chpt 19 13/June/10

Post by Janetfl »

Okay so the next chapter will be the epilogue (which is already written so keep an eye out for it!). I hope you've all enjoyed this story as much as I have writing it. Thank you to everyone who read it and to everyone who left feed back. A special thanks to Lou, my beta, friend and constant supporter!

Ellie
Courtney
dreambeliever
Ginger
Carolyn
Lou
Eve

Chapter 19

Liz went for the door again only to see both of Max’s hands come either side of her, slamming the door shut. She spun around, anger raging through her veins.

“Let me go!”

“Never,” whispered Max, moving closer to her. “I’m not giving up without a fight Liz.”

He was so close; she could feel his warm breath on her face as he spoke. She couldn’t help the reaction her body gave to the close proximity; a shiver ran down her spine.

“Max please,” begged Liz.

“This is hurting you just as much as it is me. Why Liz? Why won’t you give us a chance?”

Max’s eyes went to Liz’s lips and then back up to her deep brown eyes. What he saw there almost brought him to his knees, it was fear. Fear of being hurt, of being rejected?

“Liz I ...”

His eyes went to her lips again, his breathing heavy. He wanted this woman to know how much she meant to him. What he would do for her.

“You what, Max?”

“I ...”

He couldn’t take it any longer. He gently cupped her face with his hands and looked deep into her eyes. He was shit scared of being rejected again but if he didn’t say it now, he would regret it for the rest of his life.

“I love you, Liz. I love you more than life itself. I want you to stay with me. I want you to be my wife. Look into my eyes Liz and tell me you don’t love me the way I love you and I’ll walk away forever.”

Liz’s face crumpled, a sob of pain escaped her lips and she fell to her knees bringing Max down with her. He manoeuvred his body so he was sitting down and lifted Liz onto his lap. She buried her head into his shoulder, as he engulfed her in his arms; stroking her hair and gently rocking Liz until her sobs finally weakened.

Once he was sure she was calm enough he gently lifted her face, wiping the tears away with his thumbs.

“What’s going on Liz?”

Liz slowly removed his hands from her face. She needed time to think, to speak. She couldn’t do that with Max touching her.

“Th ... there’s something I haven’t told you Max. I was engaged to be married and...”

“Liz, I know.”

She looked at him a little strangely.

“You told me in Vegas. You were engaged to be married and he cheated on you with your best friend.”

A lone tear slipped down Liz’s face.

“That’s not all of it Max. The night I found them in bed together was a night I will never forget. Not because of seeing them together ... but because that was the night that I lost my child. I was pregnant Max. I went home early, excited to tell Adrian about our baby and found them in our bed. I think the shock is what caused the miscarriage.

I wandered around for hours. I couldn’t think straight and then the pain started. I collapsed on the ground. A kind man stopped to see if I was alright. He kept asking me if I’d been stabbed. I was confused; I didn’t really understand what he was talking about. There was so much blood Max. He called the police and an ambulance. After that I pretty much passed out.

When I woke up in the hospital two days later, I was told the news. Apparently I’d haemorrhaged and had to have a blood transfusion.”

By the time she had finished, the tears were streaming down both their faces.

“You coped with all of that on your own?”

“I didn’t exactly cope with it Max. I went through a stage of where I drank and took drugs for two weeks solid. I couldn’t stand the pain, the loneliness. One night I went overboard, if it wasn’t for my friendly neighbor I would be dead right now. I came back to Roswell. Michael and Maria stayed with me through it all. I was this empty shell for a long time; just barely getting though each day. They were terrified that I would try something because of the depression. They took shifts to watch over me. I think I scared the living crap out of them.”

“Is that why you didn’t want to give us a chance? You’re terrified of getting hurt like that again?”

“Your reputation hardly instilled my confidence in you Max. I couldn’t do it again, it would break me.”

“Why didn’t you just tell me all of this? Why run away from me?”

“I was terrified Max. If I told you about the baby then you would have known that I was thinking about that for us. I thought that once I admitted it, you would run a mile.”

“So you wanted to end it before I could?”

Liz just nodded.

“I’m not him Liz. I love you.” He gently kissed her on one cheek. “I know that we’ve gone about this whole relationship the wrong way.”

Liz looked down and a small smile graced her beautiful face.

“That’s the understatement of the year.”

Max couldn’t help but to burst out laughing which eased the tension in the room.

“Yeah, I guess you’re right but I want you know that I’ve thought about that for us too.”

Liz’s head shot up and she looked Max in the eyes.

“Really?” Liz asked, hopefully. She couldn’t believe Max had been thinking about it. All this time she’d spent running away from him and he wanted the same thing as she did.

“Really. I want the whole package with you. I’m ready to settle down Liz. From the moment I first saw you I was in love. The only person I’ve been with since that first day is YOU. I made a commitment to you in Vegas, not because I was drunk, but because I love you.”

The tension in the room suddenly shifted.

Liz looked at Max’s inviting lips before she quickly moved back to his eyes.

“I love you too Max.”

That was the breaking point for Max. His heart literally soared with hearing her say those words to him, ones that he thought he would never hear coming from her mouth.

He knew now was the right time.

Liz was just about to kiss Max when he suddenly pulled away. He gently placed a finger against her lips and explained.

“Hold that thought, I have a promise to keep.”

Liz looked at him confused as he pulled out a little light blue bag with a white bow ribbon tied around the handles.

“Max, what’s this?”

“Open it and find out Liz.”

She had noticed the Tiffany’s logo on the outside of the bag but still wasn’t sure what was inside. She carefully pulled at the ribbon until it flowed free. She slowly opened the bag and gasped at the blue velvet box that was inside. It was larger than a ring box so she thought this must be something different.

As she pulled the box open, tears suddenly sprung to her eyes. Sitting in the pretty blue velvet box was the diamond earring that she had dropped that night in Max’s room. Also, sitting in the center was a two carat solitaire diamond ring with the exact same antique setting the earring had. Max had commissioned Tiffany’s to make it especially for her, just like her grandfather did for Claudia.

“Max, it’s beautiful,” whispered Liz.

“I have a small confession to make. I only realized the significance of the earring when I finally regained my memories of that night. I also remembered making you a promise.”

Max gently took the ring out of the box.

“Although, in the eyes of the law, we are already married; I never asked you the way I should have. Liz Parker, will you do the honor of being my wife?”

“Max I ...”

“Before you answer I want you to know that we can take this relationship at the pace you want Liz. I want to take you out on dates, get to know you more, like we should have done from the beginning. This ring is to show my promise to make it up to you. We can renew our vows in another wedding ceremony when you feel ready, with all your friends and family. Just give us a chance Liz.”

Liz threw herself into Max’s arms.

“Yes Max, yes I’ll marry you!”

Max’s heart soared and he couldn’t help placing small kisses all over Liz’s face.

“You don’t know how happy that makes me Liz.”