The Houseguest (AU, K/T, TEEN) COMPLETE 2009-11-04

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Drogyn
Addicted Roswellian

The Houseguest (AU, K/T, TEEN) COMPLETE 2009-11-04

Post by Drogyn »

The Houseguest
By Drogyn

Category: AU without Aliens
Couples: CC, K/T
Rating: TEEN

Summary: Ava tries to invite herself into her sister’s house. Can Tess learn to say no?

Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell, nor do I own any of the characters associated with it.

Author’s note: Just a short piece that I had in my head ever since I read a particular scene in a particular fic. :wink:

~~

Tess Harding’s mouth fell open as she stared at her sister in disbelief. Surely, she had heard wrong. “I’m sorry; I must have heard you wrong. Come again?”

Ava grinned. She knew her sister well enough to know the outcome of this conversation. “I said I need a place to stay and you’re my favorite sis, so I naturally thought of you.”

Tess’s eyes grew wide. There was no way on Earth that she was going to let Ava stay in her house. Ava was not only a polar opposite of Tess, but she was also very skilled in getting her own way, especially when it came to Tess. “I know I’m your favorite sister because I’m your only sister… and you absolutely cannot stay here.”

Ava did her best to shoot Tess an indignant look. “Give me one good reason why not?”

“Because you’re the most annoying person in the world to live with,” Tess argued. “And I know because we grew up in the same house together.”

“Well, right back atacha, but you don’t hear me complain about you,” Ava countered. “Besides, you wouldn’t want your only sis to have to live in the attic with Ed, do you?”

“Would you stop calling him Ed?! He’s our father for Christ’s sake!” Tess noted. “Fa – Ther,” Tess spelled out. “Or, if that’s too difficult… dad.”

“Whatever you say, Tessie,” Ava said, brushing right past her sister into the hallway, trailing two large suitcases behind her. Tess sighed. Apparently, her sister had now managed to invite herself in. It was only then that Ava’s words registered.

Tess gritted her teeth. She hated being called Tessie. Ava knew she hated being called Tessie. “Ava, please stop calling me that. I told you I don’t like it when you call me Tessie.”

“Whatever,” Ava said, clearly uninterested. “So what room is gonna be mine.”

“The attic at dad’s can be yours,” Tess insisted. “Or better yet, go back to your own house instead of avoiding what’s-his-name.”

“It’s Zan, and I’m not avoiding him. I just need some space.”

“Then take a walk around the block, walk another round, walk a whole friggin marathon if you have to!” Tess shrieked.

“I need more space than that,” Ava insisted as she walked towards the open kitchen and opened the refrigurator. “Don’t you have any juice?”

“No,” Tess said angrily. “And I told you that you can’t stay here.”

“Tessie, I hear what you’re saying, but you’re my only sister and I really need your help here,” Ava said, grinning when she heard Tess’s stifled curse. Tess had always been the pushover in the family.

“Just a second,” Tess said as she quickly ran upstairs where Kyle was almost finished with painting the ceiling in one of the smaller upstairs rooms.

“Kyle?” she said, putting up her most sugary sweet smile.

“Tess,” Kyle said, trying to keep his cool even though he knew as well as she did that he’d do whatever she wanted.

“Kyle, I need your help,” she started.

“Well, I’m kind of busy with the last thing you asked me to do,” he said casually. “What’s up?”

“Ava is here and she wants to move into the guest bedroom. Kyle, I love my sister, but I can’t take that much Ava,” she said desperately. “I can’t get her to leave!”

“Well, what do you want me to do? It’s your house,” Kyle said.

“Anything. Just get her out!”

A wide smirk appeared on Kyle’s face. “You know, I kinda like her. Last year at your birthday, she kissed me full on the lips. She’s not a bad kisser actually,” Kyle said casually.

If Tess’s eyes could emit fire, they would have. With a loud huff, she stormed downstairs, where Ava was still waiting with her suitcases. “So… which room is gonna be mine?”

Tess ignored her and stomped towards the front door, which she opened with one violent swing. She then proceded to drag both suitcases out of her house and then walked towards Ava.

“Whoa! Tess, what are you doing?” Ava asked, a little surprised. If she didn’t know any better, she’d almost think that her sister was kicking her out.

“Out!” Tess growled, grabbing Ava by her shoulder and pulling her towards the door. She didn’t let go until she had literally dragged Ava out of the house.

“Tessie, come on,” Ava tried.

“Don’t call me Tessie! I hate it when you call me Tessie! My name is Tess! One fucking vowel! Tess! Now, I don’t know what Zan did this time, but just suck it up and go home!” And with that, she slammed the door in her face. She stood like that for a few seconds, letting her anger subside, when she felt Kyle gently place his hand on her shoulder.

“You know, now that I think of it, it could have been you too. You two look so much alike.”

A look of shock appeared on Tess’s face, but it only lasted a second and quickly turned into a big smile. She finally squealed and threw her arms around Kyle’s neck. “Oh Kyle, you’re the best!”

On the other side of the door, Ava had a look of shock and surprise on her face. She couldn’t help but smile a little bit too. She might not have gotten what she wanted, but had never been more proud of her sister than at that particular moment.

The End