Cursed Souls (M/M AU, MATURE) 1/1 Complete 2/11/10

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

RhondaAnn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Cursed Souls (M/M AU, MATURE) 1/1 Complete 2/11/10

Post by RhondaAnn »

Title: Cursed Souls
Author: RhondaAnn
Rating: Mature
Disclaimer: Roswell nor any of the characters belong to me.
Summary: This was inspired by Tasyfa's Splitscreen, which has unfortunately fallen into the dead and buried. Although angst is really not my thing, the idea kept swirling around in my head until I wrote it. No names are mentioned here, but I think everyone will know who they are! (Since I gave it away in the title! :lol: ) Especially if you've read Splitscreen.

You stand there next to your pretty and perky wife feeling satisfied. Then...you turn slightly towards me, as if compelled. You feel the slight disturbance to your world too, don't you?

Your puzzled eyes meet mine and then...recognition. Took you a bit longer this time, only a few seconds more. Must be losing my touch. Used to be you'd recognize my vibe as soon as I entered the room. Now it takes until our eyes meet.

Tsk, tsk. Can't let that happen. Guess I'll have to try harder, be a bit more memorable this time. How do you make a soul more memorable though? Oh well, I'll figure something out.

We have a history you and me. A very long one. Lifetimes long in fact. That's right, lifetimes, plural. You see, we were once in love, passionately, romantically, everlastingly, well....you get the picture. Real fairytale stuff. Along came a chance, a freaky out-of-the-blue chance for you to go back and relive your life over again. And you took it. With one big difference though. Although you said to yourself that you loved me, and I would be the one you wound up with in the end, you decided this lifetime, you would play the field. Be a real ladies man.

And you did it. We were still friends, but that was all. You went out with any and every girl you wished and slept with practically all of them. Through it all though, you still loved me and I always loved you from afar.

Through some strange circumstances, your brother remembered our previous lives, which in turn triggered all of our memories. The one memory none of us were expecting, since it wasn't our own, was the one of the offer given to you to relive your life again. Everyone was flabbergasted. You, you of all people who had seemed the most content in your life, that you would agree to relive it again, but in such a completely different way just boggled their minds.

And me? My heart was shattered at my feet. My love that I'd harbored for you turned into ice-cold hate. I cursed you. I slapped you repeatedly and I cursed you. I cared not for your explanations nor for your declarations of love. Nothing you could say to me would ever restore my love for you nor my trust.

As we all took our last breaths, part of the original deal had been that if we ever remembered our previous lives we would all die again, I put a curse on you. That you would never know true happiness, never know true love, and that if you ever did find a woman you wanted, she would treat you as you had done me and be faithless to you.

Since a cursed soul and the soul of the one who put the curse cannot ever rest until the curse is broken we relive lifetime after lifetime together. Most times we are involved, sometimes we are not. We always recognize each other though.

I think you must hate me by now. Although you have gotten the wish you longed for in the first place. You've been with countless women, but I think you still believe you'll wind up with me in the end. It seems you still have not learned a thing where it comes to my heart. Or maybe you just realized that I grow tired of being in this constant time loop. My soul is tired and wants desperately to go home.

It would be so easy now to say that I forgive you and release you from this curse. Would it end even if I don't truly mean it?

As much as I long to find out, I step into my role and prepare to play the game again. This time, I am the brand new wife of your best friend. Won't your wife be surprised when she catches me in your bed?

Here we go again....
Michael and Maria He stayed for her and she left for him.