Make Up's and Break Up's (AU/CC/Adult) COMPLETE 3/27/11

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Make Up's and Break Up's (AU/CC/Adult) COMPLETE 3/27/11

Post by candysteffi »

Make Up’s and Break Up’s

Author: Steffi (candysteffi)

Rating: let’s say Adult to be safe

Category: AU Without Alien, partly written in POV’s or narrative

Pairing: Mainly M&M

Summary: Maria deals with the ups and down’s when being the girlfriend of Michael Guerin. Her best friends Liz and Tess will help her to get it all figured out.

A/N: Okay, admittedly, this story probably doesn’t contain any super new fanfiction stuff, that ya never heard of in a Candy fic, but well… it was in my mind and it felt like it was time to come up with a new fic – since I went into hiding for a loooooooong time, lol. So here it is. ;)

Updates will be every weekend, Sat or Sun – depends on my time.

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything, but the idea of the fic.

PART 1

P-R-E-S-E-N-T

“What time is it?” he asks himself more than me and gets up into an upright position from the couch we share together. He takes his cell from the little coffee table in front of us and glances at it. “Alright, I think I gotta go.”

“What?” I look at him puzzled. “Where are you goin’?”

“The guys were planning a party earlier. I would ask you to come with me, but it’s kinda a guys-only-thing, sorry.” He scratches his eyebrow nervously.

“But ya said you’ll spend the night with me – only with me – for once,” I reply annoyed.

“Yeah, I know,” he sighs, “look, I didn’t know about this party until earlier today and I kinda have to be there. All guys from the football team will be there, besides that, I really wanna go.”

“So you prefer to spend a night with the guys you see every day for several hours in school, during practice and then in the Crashdown afterwards, than staying with me? AGAIN?”

“M’ria,” he gets his things together from the table and shoves them into his pants pocket, “we will graduate in a few weeks and then we all go to different colleges and we won’t get the chance to have these parties ever again.”

“You’re right about that,” I answer angrily, standing up to grab my bag, “only a few weeks and we go to different colleges. That includes you and me as well,” I gesture between us, “so, what about me, Michael? I mean, we’re going to spend the whole year at different colleges and are just able to see each other during the holidays. Don’t you wanna spend some time with me as well?” I know he never talks about our relationship or his feelings, but we’ve been together for nine month now and there had to be something, right?

“Come on, Maria,” he tries helpless, “you can wait here, I won’t come home that late.”

“Wait here?” I ask unbelievably, “its Saturday, Michael, and I’m off from work at the Crashdown for once. I’m not gonna sit here alone all night and wait for you to come home.”

“We can spend tomorrow together,” he offers, “I don’t have any plans.”

“Huh?” I shake my head, “well, if you would have listened to me, then you’d remember that I’m working all day tomorrow.”

“Fine,” he mutters, “then another day when I get back from football camp.”

“Do you even want to be with me anymore?” I yell at him, when it seems that he doesn’t care at all. I walk over to the front door to put my shoes on.

“You know what,” he snaps back, “when you’re bitchy like this, then NO, I don’t wanna be with you, it’s driving me insane.”

His words hit me harder than I thought they would and I stumble backwards against the wall. I hadn’t expected an answer like that – was he breaking up with me? “You... you don’t ...” I stuttered out, hurt and bite my inner cheek to get some control back.

“You don’t...” I start again, nodding to myself before I glance back at him. “Well,” I continue hoarsely, “I guess that means I have no place in here any longer, huh?”

He just stares at me but stays quiet. His mouth is moving, but he isn’t making a sound at all. Please say, that you didn’t mean in that way, I think, but he isn’t answering my desire with anything.

“Okay,” I whisper and reach behind me to turn the door knob. All I want is out at that moment. And he doesn’t make an effort to stop me.

“Maria? Maria, what’s wrong?” Liz asks me, alarmed through the cell, but I can’t answer her, as waves of sobs wash over my body and I curl up into a ball on my bed.

“Maria, you have to calm down,” she says soothingly.

“I… I can’t,” I cry into the phone, sure that I’m really scaring her at that moment.

“Where are you? Home?”

I nod but unfortunately she can’t see that. “Yeah,” I whisper into my cell.

“Alright, I’m on my way, sweetie, hold on,” she hangs up the phone then and I am sure that she will be here in no time. We’ve been best friends for a lifetime, and the thought that she is on her way to my house calms me down a little. I find some strength to take my shoes off and dress in something more comfortable before I lie down on my bed again and press one of the pillows against my body tightly.

The earlier scene with Michael runs through my head again and again. Was he already at his stupid party and having fun? Or was he still at home, confused and hurt like me? The sound of an opening and closing door rips me outta my thoughts. “Maria?” Liz calls from downstairs, already on her way up to me. She lives only a few houses next to me, so I am not surprised that she is already there.

“Okay, I’m here,” she says out of breath, when she walks into my bedroom, throws her bag carelessly to the ground and crawls up on my bed to hug me tightly.

I can’t hold up my remaining strength anymore and start to cry again. She rocks me back and forth for several minutes and I can’t say how long we just sit on my bed like this. “I’m sorry that I ruined your date with Max,” I whisper and look at her guilty.

She shakes her head. “No, it’s okay, Maria. You’re my best friend and when you need me, I’ll be there. Despite that, he was planning to go to some guys only party anyway. So tell me what happened, Maria? Is something wrong with Amy?”

My mom is out of town that week to get some things done for her job. Normally I am thankful to have the house just for me alone, but in this moment, I wish she was around. “No, she’s fine, I guess.”

“Okay,” she rests her back against my headboard and pulls me down to rest my head in her lap. “Michael?” she guesses again, driving her fingers through my hair.

I nod. “Yeah, we... we had a fight and,” I bite my bottom lip when tears begin to well up in my eyes, “... and I think we broke up.”

“What?” she asks, startled, and the movement of her hands stops for a moment. “How did that happen?”

I sigh deeply. “I don’t really know. It started with a fight about this party you said Max went probably to as well. We planned to spend this evening and night together and he didn’t say anything to me until it was time for him to leave.” I sit up and look at her, “I mean, I don’t say anything against it when he wants to spend some time with his friends, but lately it’s like he doesn’t even care if we see each other or not. I can’t even remember when the last time was, that we spent several hours together and alone, you know?”

Liz nods. “But maybe it’s just because of all the football games, extra practices and parties lately. I haven’t spent much time with Max either. And I guess he wants to spend some time with the guys before they all leave to go to different colleges.”

“Yeah, but that’s the difference, Liz. You and Max will go to the same college after this year. Me and Michael, probably not.”

“Haven’t gotten an answer from the college yet, huh?”

Liz is speaking of a college in California that Michael will go to because he got a football scholarship. “I called them two weeks ago and they told me that the acceptance letters were already out and if I hadn’t gotten either a positive nor a negative letter, than I was on some stupid waiting list. A waiting list, Liz. The guy on the phone told me that chances are very rare that I will get accepted, ‘cause it would only happen if some other people deny their acceptance.” I shake my head. “Probably doesn’t matter anymore anyway.”

“Okay, so you guys had a fight because he wanted to go to that party. What then?”

“It kinda got out of control from there. I asked him if he even wants to be together with me anymore, ‘cause I have the feeling he doesn’t care if he sees me or not.” I look down to my hands, wishing that I had just left without asking that question. Then I would just be mad at him now.

“What did he answer?” Liz lays her hand on my shoulder, sensing that this next sentence is the one that hurts me most.

“He said that he doesn’t when I’m like this...” I whisper.

“But he didn’t say he doesn’t want to be together with you by all meanings, right?”

I shake my head. “But he saw that I was hurt by his words, Liz. He must have noticed that I almost cried in front of him, but that jerk just stood there and watched me leave. If he really still cares about me, he would have done something, don’t you think?”

Liz looks at me helplessly. “I don’t know, Maria, maybe he was just as shocked as you about this turning into a fight. Maybe you two should just calm down alone and then talk again. I don’t think that he really wants a break up.”

“And that out of your mouth,” I say dryly and lay down again. Liz had been horrified when I first told her that I was dating Michael. She had asked me if I was crazy to go out with the man who was known as one of the worst womanizers of Roswell High School.

- - - - - - --

F-L-A-S-H-B-A-C-K

“You did what? No, Maria, you’re not going on a date with Michael Guerin,” Liz says adamantly.

“I don’t think that I need your permission, Lizzie.”

“What happened? I mean, you just went to that party last night, met him and agreed to go out with him? Where is the: I’m not falling for a guy who’s only playing with me?”

Maria rolls her eyes. “We will just have a date, it’s not like I’m gonna jump his bones right then.”

“Uh-huh. This date will just be the beginning of a bad end, Maria. Believe me.”

“Shut up, girl... He’s a great kisser by the way.”

Liz’ eyes grew wide. “You did kiss him?”

- - - -- - - - -

P-R-E-S-E-N-T

“Yeah, I know,” she chuckles, “but he’s kinda changed since he’s been with you and I even kinda like him. I’m sure he still loves you, Maria.”

“He never said it,” I admit, “wondering now if he ever thought about it.”

“He didn’t?” Liz asks surprised.

“No, he never talked about his feelings to me in ANY way.”

“Whatever,” she says to avoid this subject, “I’m still sure he doesn’t want to break up.”

I nod dumbly and try to relax. Maybe she is right. Hopefully she is right.
Last edited by candysteffi on Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:33 am, edited 30 times in total.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 2

Post by candysteffi »

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all your lovely feedback. I know you don't like Michael right now and yes, this will probably continue for a while... But hey, I am a Candy with heart and soul .

Ellie: Welcome! ;)

Yeah, well Michael and dealing with feelings … it’s gonna take a while in this fic. He has his reasons why he reacted like he did and in his Michael way of thinking it will make sense… later. ;)

Maria definitely is in love with him, much! She doesn’t understand why Michael is pushing her away, she will eventually though.

You might not like Michael right now (and I admit it is hard to like him in the next chapters as well), but I bet you will love him in the end. If not…. hm… then I will apologize, lol.

begonia9508: Thanks!

keepsmiling7: Thanks!

Eva: Thanks, Eva. I hope I will soon find the time to start reading Twined Roads as well. It sounds very promising and ya already had me interested, when I made the banner, lol.

It’s gonna be a bumpy right, no doubt.

Right now, Michael and Maria go in different directions in their relationship. It will take a while into the fic, before this is going to change.

Karen O: Thanks! Here we go. ;)

Novy: Thanks!

Yeah, the fic starts nor very good for our candy couple and admittedly, it will go on like this for a while. We will see if your opinion about Michael will be right ;).

The Maria/Liz friendship is an important part of the fic and we will see a lot more of those girl moments.

April: Thanks, girl!

Admittedly, Michael seems like the worst BF right now. But actually he knows that he has hurt Maria right. I am not gonna share why he did what he did though. ;) Yet.

Sundae: Thanks!

Michael is new with the relationship stuff and has problems to show what he feels. Though, he knows he hurt Maria… the reason why he did what he did will be explained later.

Oh yeah, he definitely deserves some ass kickin’ right now, lol. But since it is HIS apartment, she had no choice than be the one to leave.

PART 2

It is almost nine o’clock the next morning, when Liz shifts around in the bed to get up. She had agreed to stay the night with me, since Max was at the party anyway and I hadn’t felt like spending the night all alone in the house.

“You already awake?” She says surprised when I watch her as she pulls on her shirt.

I nod. “Wasn’t sleeping very much all night.”

She makes a face. “I’m sorry. Hey”, she sits down on the edge of the bed next to me, “why don’t ya take the day off from work?”

I shake my head. “No, I know that Sundays are buys, girl.”

She waves me off. “It’s all good. Agnes called the Crashdown yesterday, asking if she could do the Sunday shift instead of Monday since she has an appointment. So if ya want, I can tell her she can get your shift and you will cover hers tomorrow?”

I nod. “Thanks, this would be great.” At least I wouldn’t risk to accidently run into Michael there. But what if he was coming over to the café to see me?

Liz probably reads my mind. “If Michael will come around and ask for ya, I’m gonna tell him to look for you at home.”

“Okay…”

“Alright, I gotta go, Maria. Don’t think about this to much, ok? Try to relax, watch some movies, eat a lot of junk food and I bet everything will be fine again by tomorrow.”

“You have no clue how much I wish you are right, girl. But they are going to the damn football camp tomorrow.”

“Oh right, I almost forgot about that.” She kisses my cheek. “Bye girlfriend, I will call you tonight. Try to sleep a little, ok?”

I try to go back to sleep after she left, but it is hopeless. Too many thoughts in my head keep me awake no matter how exhausted I am at this time. The sound of a buzzing cell gets my attention and I practically jump out of my bed to find it. Maybe it is him, maybe he would apologize, telling me that we both overreacted and it was a stupid argument.

My cell is in my bag. I open it and pour the whole content on the bed to find the damn thing. I finally find it but it goes to voicemail before I can pick it up. “Damn it”, I shout and glance at the list of the unanswered calls. The caller hadn’t sent his caller ID. Was Michael hiding it because he was afraid that I wouldn’t pick up, when I knew it was him? New hope wakes up in me. Yeah, it has to be Michael! He will try again. He has to!

I scoop everything despite the cell back in my bag again and climb onto the bed, sitting down in the middle of the mattress and staring at the phone. Come one Michael, call again.

Suddenly it starts to buzz again. I nearly jump at the sound and take the cell with shaking hands. It was just a test message this time. My heartbeat rises when I wait for it to open up.

Disappointment washes over me, when I finally read it. ‘Hey sweetie! I just called but then realized that you are probably still asleep. I just wanted to tell ya that I will be back home one day earlier than planned, so I am coming already on Friday night. Bye, Mom.’

The caller hadn’t been Michael, I realize and fall back on the bed to stare at the ceiling. It is probably too early, he is still a sleep, I think. But how can he sleep when things between us are out of order?

I glance at the framed photo of us on my nightstand and smile sadly as I took it in my hands. The pic was taken as we had sat at the pool of Kyle Valenti’s house a few months ago, the same pool, where our relationship had started…

- - - - - - - - - -

F-L-A-S-H-B-A-C-K

“You sure ya don’t wanna come to that party, girl?” Maria asks Liz on the phone, while Tess and she are already on her way to Kyle Valenti’s house to go to one of the football parties, like they used to be every weekend in a different location.

“No, Max and me are planning to have a real date for once”, her friend tells her happily.

“Okay, ya won’t probably miss anything”, Maria admits, grinning when Tess rolls her eyes at her. “Alright, have a nice and romantic night, I’ll talk to ya tomorrow.” Maria shoves her cell back into her bag and tries to hold pace with her friend.

“Won’t miss anything, huh?” She teases.

Maria groans and bumps her with her shoulder. “Come on, it’s pretty much the same every weekend.”

Tess shrugs. “Hot boys, good music and some beer. What is wrong with that?”

“Nothing’s wrong. I just said this isn’t anything new. Besides, ya just going to see Valenti.”

The curly blonde grinned. “Nothing wrong with that either, don’t ya think? He is hot.”

“Yeah… but not my type.”

Tess snorts. “Yeah, I know ya got the hots for Michael Guerin.”

“Huh? Who said something like that?” Maria wonders allowed. “Because it is sooo not right.”

“Whatever”, Tess singsongs.

“No, not whatever! What make ya think I want him?” She really wants to know right now. Yes, the guy was hot, but had his… reputation.

“Ah come on, he was all over you last weekend at Neil’s house.”

Maria’s mouth opens and closes a few times. “All over me? I don’t remember anything of this. We just talked.”

“For the whole fuckin’ evening.”

“And? Still I can’t see where he was all over me.”

Tess sighs. “He was totally checkin’ you out girl. Every time ya didn’t look at him he was practically undressin’ you with his eyes. And you…” she stops Maria with a raised hand before she could say something, “You were giving him the looks as well, girl, and don’t even start on me with denying this.”

Maria is too stunned to say anything either, she looks at Tess startled. Yes, she had been talking to him over two hours at the last party and she had been surprised that he seemed actually really clever. They were thinkin' pretty much the same in a lot of things. Though, he is still a boy, who doesn't look for a serious girlfriend. No sportsman at the school does, they could have pretty much every girl they wanted.

"Hey ladies," Kyle greets them on the porch of his parents house.

Tess smiles at him flirty. "Hey Kyle!"

Maria greets him as well and shakes her head smiling, when her friend abandons her right then to spend time with him. "You are soooo bad as a friend", Marias hisses at her, but winks and enters the house.

People are dancing in the living room, hallways and on the tables; she tries to push herself through the crowd to find some beer and a nice place from where she could watch the party happenings.

The house is crowded and to loud, she decides and walks though the doors, which combined the living area with the backyard. Kyle’s family is pretty wealthy, she had been here for several times now, but the pool outside always makes her envious. Maria bends down to pull up her jeans, before she sits down on the edge of the pool and dips her bare lower legs into the cold, refreshing water. She almost rolls her eyes at a bunch of cheerleaders next to her, who are dressed up like they want to win the Miss Universe award tonight.

“Throw them in the pool and ya won’t even recognize them, when they get out again”, someone says from behind.

She laughs agreeing and turns slightly to see Michael Guerin sitting down on a deck chair next to her. “Yeah, but don’t tell ‘em.” She leans in closer to him and whispers, “They might get hung up about it.”

He grins and hands her one of the two beers he is holding. She nods and takes it from him. “Thanks.”

Her gaze starts to wander over the people outside of this house, while his eyes were roaming over her body. She isn’t wearing any make up, or at least he can’t tell IT. Maria isn’t even dressed any special. Just a tight jeans and a black tank top, while her flat blonde hair is hanging loose over her shoulders – and yet she looks better then most of the other girls around, he thinks with a soft smirk. He had tried to flirt with her for several times now, but in some way, she seemed to be the only girl, who was constantly ignoring his charm.

She gets up after several minutes, while Michael had talked to Neil – about football of course – and she takes two steps to sit right next to Michael on the same deckchair as him. Maria grasps one of the towels, which were lying around everywhere and starts to dry off her feet and lower legs. The deckchair suddenly starts to tip over, because they are both sitting at the same edge of it.

“Woooah”, he reacts quickly and swings one leg on the other side of the chair to shift his weight to the middle of it.

“Good reactions, Guerin”, she teases with a smirk.

“Else we would be tripping wet in the pool now”, he leans back at the backrest and watches her drying off.

“Well, at least our faces wouldn’t have swam away”, she says giggling and nods in the direction of the Barbie dolls.

She throws the towel away and slips back into her flip flops, before grabbing her drink from the ground again and taking a sip. “The beer is awful”, she makes a face.

He frowns and glances at his own. “Yeah?”

“Too warm and too tart for my taste.”

He shrugs. “Don’t drink it then. We’ll get ya something else.”

We? Did he say ‘we’? Maria wonders as she holds the mug up to him. “Ya want it?”

“Nah, ya right, it IS too warm.” He takes her beer out of her hand though and places both of her mugs aside. “I’ll be right back. Any special wishes for ya drink?”

“No. Just something cold and maybe a little bit more… sweet.”

He nods and walks of back into the house. She watches him leave before turning her head again and come face to face with Megan Benton – one of the soon to be Miss Universes. “He’s just looking for an easy lay, ya know!”

Maria inwardly rolls her eyes, but decides to look at her directly and smirks. “That’s what ya were for him?”

She snorts. “No, I just want to warn you.”

Yeah, sure! The real reason was that this little Barbie girl was all hot for Guerin and couldn’t stand seeing her with him together.

“It’s just about sex with him.” Megan glances around in the garden. “Here are a lot of girls, who can assure this. She… she… she…” she points at several girls around the pool, “she…”

“You”, Maria adds.

The other girl groans. “I am just trying to warn you before it is to late, ok? He is already trying if ya haven’t noticed.” She glances up, when Michael comes back and disappears again.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 3

Post by candysteffi »

mary mary :Maria will have her hands full with Michael ;).

Ellie: Hm, ya know how it is with the Guerin charm, lol. But don’t worry… Michael can be patient if he wants to be ;).

begonia9508: Lol, it was complicated, but also exciting. Maria and her friends gonna have a lot to talk about!

Novy: Waiting for a phone call truly sucks, lol. We will see how long she has to wait for any sign.

Oh yeah, she was warned and she knew his reputation. Still, he is Michael! lol

Eva: Lol, no denying, there are a lot of differences in woman’s and men’s way of thinking!

Ya have to wait a while, before I start to reveal parts of Michael’s way of thinking, sorry ;).

PART 3

Michael sits down in his original position again, bending one leg and bracing his foot on the chair behind her. “Here, ya can rest your back at my leg, if ya want. The way you’re sittin’ looks pretty uncomfortable.”

She smirks at his flirty tone and leans back thankfully. “It is uncomfortable.”

“I’ve got ya some punch Kyle’s sister made earlier. They said it’s good.”

She takes the glass from him and tastes it. “Definitely better than warm beer.”

“What did Megan Benton want?” he asks. He had seen her when he came out again and knowing her, it wasn’t anything good that she would tell Maria.

Maria shrugs. “She just told me ya wanna have sex with me.”

He almost chokes on his drink. “W-what?”

She starts to laugh after seeing his shocked face. “That’s what she said.” It takes her a few moments to get her giggling under control again, before she turns playfully serious. “So, do ya?”

“What?”

“Want to have sex with me?”

He grins at her cheekily. “I doubt that any guy at this party DOESN’T want that.”

She smirks back, aware of the fact that he isn’t answering the question and decides to let it go for now. She glances up at the sky, noticing that it was already getting dark. “I can’t believe we are already in senior year,” she starts, “it feels like time passes by way too quickly.”

“What’re ya gonna do after high school?” he asks truly interested.

She shrugs. “I don’t know yet. I want to go to college to be a sports physician, haven’t decided which college yet, though.”

“Hey, that’s cool.” He hasn’t thought about something like that for her, but it was really cool in his opinion.

“What about you?”

“I’m workin’ to get a sports scholarship at a University in California.”

“Hey, you could be my first patient then,” she jokes.

“I prefer to not get hurt, but I will get back at ya, if so,” he winks at her and takes a sip of his fresh and this time also cold beer.

Water splashes up over the edge of the pool, when a few of the guys had decided to jump in it all at once. Maria yelps in surprise and automatically moves away from the pool… closer towards Michael.

He almost grins at the sudden opportunity to get her closer without even doing anything.

“Hey, Guerin, get your ass in the pool. It’s time for some waterball,” Chris yells at him.

“Nah, not today man,” he denies. Hell, those guys had the worst timing.

“Oh, come on,” Kyle says, who was in the pool as well.

Maria laughs at the situation. It is obvious, even to her, that Michael would prefer to stay dry right now, but the guys are adamant. She takes the beer from him. “I’m gonna hold that until ya get back.”

He glances at her and finally agrees. “Alright, don’t go anywhere,” he tells her with a sexy wink and accidently brushes his right hand over her thigh as he gets up.

Maria shivers at his touch, but doesn’t show it, as she gets comfortable on the deckchair all alone. She watches Michael as he strips off to his bathing trunks that he wears under his jeans. Damn, he definitely looks hotter than any other guy she had been with. That alone was enough to consider the option to just give in tonight and actually HAVE sex with him.

“You are drooling,” Tess teases as she sits down on the edge of the chair.

“I’m not,” Maria denies.

“Uh-huh,” her friend says. Deny it as much as ya want DeLuca, Tess thinks, ya not going home alone tonight.

About 40 minutes later…

Michael comes back after he had dried off somewhere inside of the house. His hair is still wet and sticks to his head, but Maria can feel her heartbeat rising when he makes his way towards her again. “I feel exhausted,” he tells her and takes his beer to drink something.

“It looked pretty exhausting, too,” she admits. Maria is thankful that all other chairs around them are taken by some others, so he has to sit down with her again, right? Before he had come out, she had already moved to sit in the middle of the chair again, pretending to read a text message on her cell, so it wasn’t be all too obvious that she wants him to sit down behind her. You are so desperate, DeLuca.

“Hey, Michael, have a look at the photo’s from our trip to Las Vegas this summer,” Kyle says, carrying a stack of pics with him.

“Yeah, wait! Lemme sit down first,” he says and hands Maria his mug again. “Can ya hold it for a sec?” He steps with one foot over the deckchair and lets himself sink in the chair behind her.

“Here,” Kyle gives him the pics and disappears in the house again.

Maria turns slightly, wanting to see the photos as well.

“Curious?” He asks.

“Depends on what is on them,” she replies.

He smiles. “Probably nothing intelligent. I don’t know yet, either.”

“Sounds like fun. What’s better than embarrassing pics of people ya know?”

He chuckles. “C’mere then.” He wraps his left arms around her waist and pulls her towards him until her back rests comfortably against his chest.

Maria’s stomach makes an upside down turn in response to this, but she pretends to be totally cool with this. Some girls are giving her death glares; it was so funny to see them all envious about her sitting position.

Michael moves his arms around her from behind, holding the pics up, so they can both look at them. They are laughing about some of them, others are just plain stupid. “This is my favourite,” Maria decides and picks out the one, where Michael is sitting comfortably sprawled in a chair in some restaurant. Sunglasses are covering his eyes and he’s flipping the photographer off.

“Seriously? I had a major hangover that day.”

She giggles, "Well, ya definitive look kinda pale there, compared to your tanned skin now," and leans her head back at his chest to look at him. "An' your hair is different now. No spikes, but the new look is cool as well."

Michael had started to wear his hair different after the summer break. It was more down to his head and kinda shaggy now, but she liked it as much as the spikes.

He glances down at her softly, his gaze sweeps over her full lips briefly, before their eyes meet. "Your hair definitely looks better now than the short cut you used to wear," he tells her, smirking at the memory and runs one hand through one strand of her blonde hair.

She groans. "Don't remind me. What was I thinking, wearing my hair like that?"

Kiss her, his mind screams at him, but something tells him to hold back.

She turns her head away from him again and pulls her legs further against her body when the wind picks up.

"Are ya cold?" he asks and runs his hands up and down her bare arms.

"Just a bit. Should have brought my jacket," she admits.

He leans forward and wraps his strong arms around her, her small body fits well against him, he thinks.

She pretends to complain. "Michael, watch out or I'm gonna spill the punch all over us."

He releases her again, slowly. His big hands wander over her flat belly.

God, this touching is killing me, she thinks.

"Here," he reaches behind them to get his pullover. "This will keep ya warm, since you’re not appreciating my body heat," he teases.

"That's not exactly what I said," she denies.

"No?" He plays along.

She sits up straight to pull his large pullover over her head and turns around to look at him. "Goofy."

She looks good in my clothes, he decides and leans in to her.

Maria holds her breath when he closes the distance between them. Will he kiss me? she wonders.

Michael smirks softly when he notices her stunned concentrated face. She wouldn’t back off, if I kissed her, he thinks satisfied, but decides to wait for that. He glances at her almost empty glass in her hand. “Want me to get ya another one?”

She nods, trying to hide her disappointment. “Okay.”
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part

Post by candysteffi »

begonia9508: Lol, yeah… You really have a weird way of thinking when ya a teenager. More flirting to come. ;)

Novy: Yeah they are cute, lol. For now, they don’t know what to expect from each other and the flirting will go on!

Ellie: Lol, don’t be sorry! Oh, a house full of kids, that sounds like a very loud and busy day, lol.

The story behind Michael’s behaviour, yeah well you will learn about it eventually. ;) Does it help when I tell you, that we have a lot of good moments in the fic? Admittedly, most of them are flashbacks. For now!

PART 4

Two hours later…

“You should consider joining us, Maria. Really! You would be so good for our team,” Danielle says to her. The girl was standing right next to her and had tried to convince her for over half an hour now to join the female track and field team at school. She hasn’t seen Michael very often during the last two hours. He had brought her a drink and told her he was going to talk to some guys and would be back soon. But it seems like he is constantly distracted by someone else, she thinks, disappointed as her gaze sweeps over him at the other end of the pool. The night had been promising first, but maybe I did expect too much. Megan was probably right about him… unfortunately.

“Maria?” Danielle brings her back to reality.

“Nah,” she shakes her head, “sorry, but I’m not into those kinda sports that much.”

“Really? But ya so good at it in gym classes.”

Somebody help me, Maria thinks and glances around for someone who could get her away from Danielle, but there aren’t that many people outside the house anymore. “I didn’t say that I’m not good at it. Still, I’m not interested, okay?”

The girl finally decides to give up then and walks off again. Maria sighs in relief and turns to walk inside the house to look for Tess. Maybe she was also in the mood to go home soon. “Oh sorry,” she says when she bumps into someone who was about to come outside.

“Maria, hey,” Alex Whitman, one of her best friends besides Liz and Tess greets her.

“Hey Alex,” she hugs him for a few seconds. “What’re ya doin’ here? I thought you said you avoid these football parties.”

He sighs. “Normally I do, but there isn’t much going on anywhere else either.”

“Uh-huh. And this has nothing to do with Molly?”

“Why? Is she here?” He glances around the garden.

Maria laughs. Molly is his ex and he is still suffering from the break up a few months ago. “No. At least I haven’t seen her yet.”

He studies her. “Are ya wearing Guerin’s pullover?”

Damn it, she thinks, why would he know this is HIS pullover. “Um… yes, how do ya know?”

He points at the small overprint on it on the left side of the chest, which shows the number of his football jersey and his name above it. “Oh, right. Hadn’t noticed that before.”

“Why’re ya wearin’ this?” he asks sceptically.

Maria shrugs. “Because I was cold and he offered it.”

“Uh-huh. And what else did he offer?”

She rolls her eyes. “Nothing.”

He lifts his hands in defeat. “Hey, I’m just making sure ya know his reputation, Maria. I would hate to see ya falling for him.”

“I am not falling,” she denies. Am I?

“Okay, I believe you. You’re a smart girl!” He glances at his watch. “I think I’ll go home, the party is pretty boring. What me to drive ya home?”

She shakes her head. “No, I’m walking home with Tess.” Okay, that probably was a lie. She was pretty sure the girl would spend the night with Kyle.

“Alright,” he kisses her cheek quickly. “Stand your ground when Guerin goes into flirting mode.”

She laughs. “Goodbye, Alex.” Maria watches him leaving through the rear exit in the garden. There are still some people in the pool. Insane, she thinks and shivers at the thought alone. The summer was pretty much over. It was still warm in the days, but the nights had started to get cold.

Michael had watched her for the last hour from the other side of the pool while he had talked to some friends. She is beautiful no matter what she does and the way he could always tell what she thought by the look of her face fascinates him. He is now on his way back to her. Hopefully she isn’t pissed that I was distracted for so long, he thinks. But hell, this is a party and I don’t need a woman who wants me to be at her side the whole time. He stops directly behind her, his chest is already touching her back slightly.

Maria had noticed that he was on his way over to her before and had turned around so it wouldn’t look like she was waiting for him. She bites her lip to not smile goofily when his presence directly behind her was clear.

“Still cold?” he asks quietly, his breath brushing against the bare skin of her neck.

She shivers, but it isn’t from the cold. “Depends…”she answers bravely. Maybe I am making a mistake, she wonders, but would it be so bad to give in? At least once? She hadn’t made out with anyone for a very long time, how bad could the gossip be afterwards? But what about your heart? her conscience tells her. Would it be okay for you to just go on normal and without him tomorrow?

“Depends on what?” he asks curiously.

“If ya offering body heat again,” she replies and tells her pounding heart to relax, but it doesn’t seem to listen.

He smirks at her way of telling him it was okay to touch her. “So… let’s say I do…”

She nods. “I’m shivering then.”

He laughs and places his almost empty mug aside to wrap both of his arms around her from behind. His hands are slipping slightly under his pullover she is wearing. She leaned back to rest her body against him, giving him the opportunity to rest his chin on her head. Her hair smells like a fruit cocktail. A mixture of coconut and something else he isn’t able to pinpoint.

They get disturbed again when his cell starts to buzz in his pants and he retires one arm to get it out. He glances at the text message and recognizes the ID of a girl he had met during summer on the trip with Kyle. Deleted, he thinks satisfied. Normally, he wasn’t giving his cell number to any of his flirts, but this girl had just taken his phone and called her own cell to get his number. Michael pulls up the address book and punches in Maria’s name, handing her his cell then. “Would ya gimme ya number?”

She hesitates. Would he really call her or was it just a random question to pretend interest? “Are ya planning to call me?”

He frowns. “Um. Why would I want you number otherwise?”

She shrugs slightly. “Well, Michael, ya can’t deny you have a certain… reputation. So if ya just askin’… ya know, to make it look like you would call, then don’t.” She bites her lip, hopefully he isn’t mad now.

Michael chuckles. This was a girl of his taste, she always said what she really thought. “The only girls in my cell book are my sister, my mom and Kyle’s sister, because she makes this great lasagne. But if ya don’t trust me, then punch in the wrong number and laugh at me when I call the wrong person tomorrow.”

She smiles and decides to go with the right number. It would be too bad if he really was planning to call. “Mine is better.”

He takes the phone from her again and shoves it back into his pants. “I won’t believe you until you teach me better.”

“Deal,” she agrees.

Tess steps out into the garden again, grinning when she finds Maria in Michael’s arms. “Hey, girlfriend, I just wanted to tell ya that I’m staying tonight. Ya don’t have to wait for me.”

Maria grins at Tess. “Already figured, girl.”

The curly blonde winks at her and starts to move back into the house. “Use a condom,” Maria calls after her.

Tess waves at her without turning around. “Yeah, you too.”

Michael laughs at the girl’s conversation. “So ya have plans for tonight?” he teases after Tess’ last comment.

“Yeah, didn’t I tell you?” she teases back.

He snorts and rests his hands on her hips to turn her around until they come face to face. Maria recognizes that his gaze was wandering to her lips for the second time this night, only this time it lasted longer than before.

She looks at him, fuzzy-headed, his gaze was hypnotizing. Her lips part to pull some air into her lungs, when he continues to stare at her with his dark brown eyes. The wind picks up and blows through her hair, leaving one strand in her face.

He smiles softly and reaches up with his right hand to brush it away, trailing a small path from her forehead to her cheek with his fingertips. Unwittingly, she leans into his touch, closing her eyes for a brief moment.

His left arm comes around her more fully, pulling her firmly against his body. She gasps in surprise which puts a cheeky smirk on his face one more time this night. Michael lowers his head, using his nose to nudge her before he closes the last bit of distance between them and brushes his lips against hers.

He interrupts the kiss before it could even really start. Maria’s mouth escapes a little groan of protest and she forces her eyes to open up again. He was still close, waiting for her to look at him to give him a sign that he was allowed to continue. He finds the agreement in her eyes and leans in again, running his lips over hers in a soft manner. His right hand caresses a path from her chin over her neck and shoulder to her lower arm, while he continues to kiss her slowly and gently. He takes her smaller hand in his, intertwining their fingers.

Maria glances down at their interlocked hands when he ended the kiss again, feeling dizziness when his thumb strokes over the back of her hand. She licks her lips, before raising her head again to look at him.

He winks at her and squeezes the hand he was holding. “Come on, DeLuca, I’ll walk ya home.”

She looks at him puzzled. Did she tell him that she wanted home? NOW?

He laughs at her, when reading her mind was easy again. “Expected me to tell ya we should go to my place?”

Well, actually…

He nods. “Sorry, but I’m just gonna walk ya home, kiss ya good night and tell you that we will see tomorrow.”

She smiles at him. Could that be? Could he be interested in her in anything beyond sex?

“Ya think too much,” he whispers into her ear and kisses her one more time quickly before he pulls her in the direction of the rear exit and they start to walk toward her house.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 5

Post by candysteffi »

Eva: I hope he will score more points. Probably not in the next part, though.

Right? For some reasons girls seem to be sooo attracted to the bad boys. Maria is no exception here.

Novy: Yay, you are so right about Michael, lol.

Thanks!

mary mary: Thanks! Here is more! ;)

Ellie: He is YUMMY! ;)

About his reasons to be a jerk right now… yeah, well… not gonna share yet, sorry. ;)

The story behind Michael’s behaviour, yeah well you will learn about it eventually. ;) Does it help when I tell you, that we have a lot of good moments in the fic? Admittedly, most of them are flashbacks. For now!

April: Lol, all those w-questions… and most of them will be answered… later! ;)

Thanks!

Okay, I think I am putting out a little warning here, ya might hate me a little bit after this part. All I am gonna say is: Have a little trust in Michael! ;)

PART 5

It only takes them 10 minutes to reach their destination. Maria is almost disappointed when they stop in front of her house. She could have walked with him through the whole night.

“An’ here we are,” she says, just to say something.

He looks at the house behind them. “Which room is yours?”

Maria gestures to a window left of the house. “This one.”

He smirks, “First floor,” and smirks wider, “makes it easy for me to visit ya at night.”

She chuckles. “My mom has her own business, she’s away from home a lot.”

“Good to know,” he turns to stand in front of her and wraps his arms around her waist loosely. “Alright, Maria. Time to say good night.”

“Already, huh?” she asks him playfully.

Oh hell, I don’t want to. But he knows that he has to. He isn’t about to tell her that now, but he was planning to handle things different with her. “Yep, already,” he replies.

She nods. “Okay.” Her right hand drives up his chest and grabs a handful of his tee shirt to pull him down to her.

“Hey,” he says amused, “be good to my clothes.”

“Then be good to me,” she whispers against his mouth, biting his lower lip playfully.

He could feel his jeans tighten at her response. Damn, she knows which buttons to push, he thinks and joins her in the teasing game, letting his hands wander up her sides under the pullover. His tongue sweeps over her lips teasingly until she parts them and he’s able to deepen the kiss and take control of it. Widening his stance, he moves his arms around her more firmly, groaning when Maria presses her body against him.

She wraps one arm around his neck while her hand, which had pulled on his tee shirt, moves upwards to caress his neck.

Michael could continue this all night, but he forces one of his arms to move until his hand was on hers, stilling her movement and finally breaking the kiss. His breath is laboured as well as hers. He could see the slight disappointment in her eyes and shakes his head. “We both know it’s better to stop things here.” She frowns at him. “For tonight,” he adds quickly, not sure if she got his first sentence right.

He releases her slowly out of his arms, but leans in again to give her another brief kiss. “Any plans for tomorrow?”

She shakes her head.

“Alright. I need to help my father with his car first, not sure how long that’ll take. I’ll call ya when I have some time off.”

“Okay,” she agrees, already knowing that she would spend all day with her cell tomorrow. “What about your pullover?”

He waves her off. “Keep it for now, ya can give it back later.”

“G’night,” he couldn’t resist stealing another kiss before he finally takes a few steps back.

“G’night,” she replies and turns to go inside the house. Opening her bag, she starts to search around for her keys. Where the hell are they? Maria frowns when her cell started to ring suddenly, wondering who it could be in the middle of the night. She glances at the display, but her cell tells her that the caller wasn’t delivering his ID with this call.

“Hello?” she asks, while she still looks for her keys.

“Just checkin’,” the person on the phone says and hangs up again.

She turns around and finds Michael at the end of the street, looking at her while he pushes his cell back into his pants.

- - - - - - - - - -

P-R-E-S-E-N-T

I haven’t even noticed the tears that are running down my cheeks while I’m lying on my bed, lost in the memories of our first kiss. The night had been perfect, he had been perfect in his way of telling me, that he wanted things to be different for us.

I roll from my bed and place the picture aside before I walk over to my closet. I pull the pullover, which he had given me that night, out of it and press it against my face. It still smells like him, even after all these months that I have kept it in here.

I miss him. The thought that I will never ever be able again to kiss him or wake up next to him, is shattering my heart into a thousand pieces. I care about him so much, it’s stupid.

Have I acted too much like a spider monkey lately? Is it my fault that he suddenly seems to avoid me? He had always appreciated the easiness of our relationship. I am not jealous when he is talking to other girls because I have learned to trust him over the last months. And I never make a scene when he wants to go out with his friends. Well not until yesterday, I guess. But was it to much to ask to spend at least one day per week with me and only me?

Maybe I should write him a text message and tell him that I’m sorry about last night. I could ask him to spend today with me, since Liz gave me time off.

NO! He was the one who told me that he doesn’t want to be with me when I’m like THIS. Whatever THIS means.

The ringing of the doorbell makes my heart beat faster. Was it him? Who else could this be? Liz just left, my Mom’s friends know she’s outta town and my other friends were still sleeping, I am sure of this. I glance at the mirror behind me and make a face. God, I look like shit. But there is no time to change this now and maybe it would help him to realize how much he had hurt me if he sees me like this.

I run down the stairs and slow down before the front door again to peer through the small window next to it. He is there. Michael is standing right in front of my door, looking nervous like hell and pale. He is suffering as well, I think happily. He is here to get things back to normal again.

I open the door slowly, pretending to be calm. He glances up at me, hands shoved into his pants pockets. “Hi,” he greets me quietly.

“Hi,” I say back and try to give him an encouraging smile, but I probably fail at this one.

“I need to talk to you,” he tells me, glancing down at the ground.

I nod. “Okay, come in,” I hold the door open for him and he passes me, walking further into the house.

“I’m just getting something to drink, you can go upstairs already.”

He shakes his head and runs his hand through his hair. “No… uh, I mean, we don’t need to go upstairs for this.”

I frown at him, worry is creeping into my cells. This wasn’t sounding like an apology or anything. “Okay, you’re scaring me a bit, Michael.”

I can see him taking some deep breathes, before he finally has the courage to look at me. “I…” his mouth opens and closes several times, but he’s not saying anything.

“Hell, Michael, spill it or I’m going to pass out here,” I tell him nervously.

He nods and scratches his eyebrow before his face finally turned determined. “I slept with someone else last night.”

The moment he speaks it out, it feels like the ground is ripped away from under my feet. “You…”, I croak.

He looks at me miserably. Are there tears in his eyes? “I’m sorry,” he whispers quietly, the tendons of his neck pulsate.

“Who was it?” I grit out.

He shakes his head. “It doesn’t matter.”

I don’t know where it comes from, but suddenly my shock and hurt turns into anger. “It doesn’t matter? That’s all ya got to say about it? What were ya thinking of? Oh, I had a fight with my girlfriend, let’s have sex with someone else then?” I scream at him totally irrational in this moment.

“M’ria…”

“Get out!” I yell and throw a pillow from the couch at him.

He seems to hesitate and looks at me intensely a few more moments before he nods and lets his head sink.

I walk towards the door and rip it open, pointing out wordlessly. He stops again outside of the house and turns around again. “I never meant to hurt you, Maria,” he says, his voice broken.

I try to make a cold face at him. “I never meant to waste nine months with an asshole like you.” With that I slam the door shut.

*duck*
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 6

Post by candysteffi »

somewhere87: Michael and Maria both are in a hard place right now.

Maria obviously is hurting badly, while Michael… well I know I haven’t revealed too much of him yet, so it makes it hard to say anything.

What he had just told her is bad, but he was serious when he said that he didn’t want to hurt her, so much I will tell you.

There are a lot of questions right now, but they will all be answered and in a Michael way, it will make sense, lol.

Ellie: Technically it wasn’t cheating, yeah. But of course it hurts when ya find out ya ex slept with someone else before ya even had the chance to think about the break up.

It is a mess right now, sorry and it will take a while to tell the story behind it. Michael Is totally immature here, but then again, he is only 17 right now in this fic… Ya know boys in his age, lol.

Don’t worry too much about the mess, I am gonna fix it eventually! ;)

Sundae: I know it is hard to read this without knowing Michael’s point of view here. Sorry, but it won’t chance too soon.

I know, it is hard to like Michael right now, but I am pretty sure that you will like him in the end. ;)

It’s right, Michael hurt as well when he told her. When he said he did never want to hurt her, then he really meant it!

Eva: Lol, already thought about thought about the happenings of the night, huh? Of course, I won’t tell ya if your suggestion is right though. ;)

I know, the circumstances make it really hard to like Michael right now, but I am gonna say it again: Have some faith in him!

Novy: I can’t tell you right now, if it’s a lie or not and why and what has changed since their beginning, but it will all come out eventually! ;)

You just have to be patient, lol.

April: Lol, rooms on the first floor definitely have their advantages, lol. Sneaking in… sneaking out, no problem!

Thanks! I admit, it was hard to put our candies into right this situation. For me as the author it is probably not as bad, since I know where this fic will lead and the readers don’t right now. Lol, yeah I know you are used to develop things slooooow, according to the length of your fics. ;)

A/N: THANKS for all the great feedback, guys! I know some of you are totally pissed at me right now, lol, but I will fix things eventually. I promise! ;)

There are a lot of questions. Why did he do this? Did he really do it? Why did he change so much? What did change him?

All those questions will be answered, not all in once of course and not in the next part. I gotta ask you to be patient. ;) Please?

PART 6

“I still can’t believe he slept with someone else.” Tess shakes her head and rolls over to look at me and Liz on my bed. “I mean, it’s such a weird thing to do for him.”

It’s Friday night and the girls had talked my ear off on the phone until I had agreed to a girl’s night. The week in school had been simply horrible. It was a wonder no one seemed to know by now about Michael’s and my break up. I had expected a lot of gossip. It was probably because of the football camp. Michael and the others were away all week and would come home tonight. I’m pretty sure that everyone will know after this weekend’s parties.

“Well, if ya think about it, it kinda isn’t so weird. He used to sleep with a lotta girls.”

“But that was before you, Maria,” Liz considers. “Tess is right, it’s definitely weird.”

“It’s not weird,” I deny. “It sucks and it hurts and it’s eating me up.” I brush away the tears.

Liz reaches out to run her hand over my back in a soothing manner. “We’re here for you, girl.”

“I want to know who it is. Who did he sleep with?”

Tess sighs. “I asked Kyle. He said he didn’t see Michael with anyone. The party was guys only, there were definitely no girls.”

Liz nods. “Max told me exactly the same.”

I start to sob badly when all the feelings wash over me again. “Well there WAS someone right? He wouldn’t make this up, that would make no sense.”

“Not really,” Tess admitted. “So maybe it is some bitch we don’t know. No one from high school.”

“I miss him so much… and yet I hate him so much as well,” I cry.

Tess and Liz come up on each side of me and hug me tightly. “I’m gonna kick his ass next time I see him,” Tess promises me. “He doesn’t deserve you Maria. You are so much better than him.”

A soft knock on the door makes us all glance up. My mother opens the door quietly, she looks at me sympathetically. “Oh sweetie, come here,” she comes over to the bed and hugs me. “I’m sorry,” she mumbles into my hair. I had called my Mom right after Michael had left on Sunday morning and we had talked on the phone for hours. She had been sorry for being out of town. “I brought some ice cream for you girls. Nothing comforts better than ice cream.”

I smile sadly. “Thanks Mom.”

“You need to work tomorrow? If not we could spend a day shopping,” she offers.

“I have the late shift.”

Liz shakes her head. “Nah, I can do that, Maria. You can spend the day with your Mom.”

“Really?” I ask, surprised.

“Sure, I’ll call someone else in, don’t worry about it.”

The girls left shortly after midnight and I find myself in my bed all alone again after I sat in the kitchen with my mother for over an hour.

A soft knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts about Michael again and I sit up. “Yeah?”

My mom opens the door quietly. “Hey sweetie, you need anything else before I go to bed?”

I shake my head. “No Mom, I’m just trying to sleep now.”

She sighs. “You should do that, Maria. You look like ya didn’t sleep much the whole week.”

“It’s hard to do,” I admit.

She nods. “I know. Try to not think about him tonight and tomorrow we’ll do some shopping together.”

I force a smile. “Okay. That’ll be fun, Mom. G’night.”

“G’night.” She closes the door again, knowing that she was worried about me, but there was nothing she could do to make me feel better anyway.

I lay down again and switch off the light on my nightstand, darkness surrounds me until my eyes get used to it and the outlines of my room’s furniture come into focus again. It is almost a week now since the last time I had been really happy. It is like my world is falling apart just because of him. How could he do this? How could he cheat on me like this? What if that hadn’t been the first time that he had done it?

I know that there is a possibility I’ll see him tomorrow. Roswell isn’t that big. They will all know then, I realize. How will it be to see him in school again? To spend the breaks without him? Tess, Liz and I were used to hang out with the guys during the bigger breaks. Where would I go now?

Suddenly I realize that Michael is a part of my life in every single thing I do. At work, in school… he had been with me all the time. We hadn’t spent the whole day together or anything, but I had been aware of his presence most of the time. This will all change now and I don’t have any clue how to deal with it.

I turn around in my bed to grab the curtains and pull them away from the window a bit. It was a full moon tonight, just as the night of our first real date together. I stare out of the window, while I remember every single detail of that night…

- - - - - - - - - - -

F-L-A-S-H-B-A-C-K

Maria glances at her cell for the thousandth time this day. He had promised to call. Why the hell wasn’t he calling? She walks through the house impatiently, checking every clock. 6pm, it is already 6pm and no sign of him.

“You are so stupid, DeLuca, you should’ve given him the wrong number like he had suggested,” she talks to herself.

“Who are ya talking to?” Amy asks as she enters the room with a load of groceries.

“Nobody,” Maria grumbles.

The older woman chuckles when she sees the cell in her daughter’s hand. She hadn’t put it down since breakfast. “Waitin’ for a call?”

“No,” she looks at the phone in her hand. “Not anymore,” she decides and throws it on the couch.

“Um-hum,” Amy says, amused. She hasn’t seen her daughter like this for a long time; she wasn’t the type who fell for a boy easily. Thank God! “So, wanna help me with dinner? You will stay for dinner, right?”

Maria makes a face. “Yeah, seems like I will.”

“Alright. Grab some of the bags that are still in the car.”

“Okay,” she agrees and starts to walk in the direction of the front door to get the stuff her mom had brought. “What’s for dinner?” she called as she came back with the groceries.

“I’ve decided to make spaghetti, what ya think?”

“Sounds good,” Maria says as she enters the kitchen to place the bags on the table. She takes the milk out and opens the refrigerator to place it inside.

“I think your phone is ringing,” Amy mentions with a grin.

“Huh?” Maria glances at her mother questioningly.

“Your phone…” she repeats and gestures to the living room with the big knife she was holding to cut some tomatoes.

Maria looks at her, puzzled, before finally realizing what she was saying. “Oh!” She leaves the refrigerator open and runs to the next room, almost tripping over her own feet.

Amy shakes her head in amusement and continues to cut the vegetables.

Maria takes a deep breath, before she answers the phone, trying not to sound so excited. He shouldn’t think she had waited for his call all day. “Hello?”

Michael smiles when her voice sounded totally bored, too bored. He is pretty sure it’s faked. “Hey, it’s Michael.”

“Oh, hi Michael. How’s it going?”

Yep, definitely faked, he decides, amused. “Not bad. My father was getting on my nerves all day though. That’s why I’m calling so late, sorry.”

“Aw, don’t worry about it,” she tells him and she really doesn’t care anymore. He is on the phone now. That is the most important thing.

“So, are ya still free for the evening?” he asks, hoping her mother wasn’t one of those who would expect her home early on school days.

“Yeah, sure. What ya wanna do?”

“You’ll see,” he tells her secretively. “Just so ya know: Dress casual and take a jacket with ya this time.”

She smiles. “Okay, I think that’s easy enough.”

“I’ll be there in about 45 minutes.”

Maria’s heart is still pounding wildly when he hangs up the phone. “Mom?” she calls excitedly.

“What is it?”

“Would you mind if my dinner plans have changed?”

The woman leans back from the counter to look out into the living room. “Guess that means Mr. Mysterious called?”

Her daughter groans. “He is not Mr. Mysterious, and yes, he asked me to go out with him. He’ll pick me up in about 45 minutes.”

Amy smiles. “Well, he is for me, since you’re not telling me his name.”

“I will if he is worth it.”

“Then go ahead.” Maria is almost 18 and she trusts her with her heart. She knows her daughter wouldn’t do anything stupid.

“Thanks,” she yells on her way upstairs to dress up.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 7

Post by candysteffi »

Ellie: Right? Lol. How annoying and nerve-wracking was it to wait for the call. And how much did we hate them, when they never called back? Oh yeah, don’t miss that time either.

Rumors have the tendency to spread fast in high school, especially if well known people are involved in them. We will see how it goes, when Michael gets back from camp. Just not in this part… we will concentrate on something happy today. ;)

Eva: So ya doubt that Michael really did what he said he did? Hm, interesting… ;)

Amy is a very cool Mom, we will see more of her.

Novy: It will still take some weeks to reveal what really happened that night. But feel free to speculate. ;)

We will find out more about their first real date today! Enjoy!

PART 7

Michael walks through the large house that belongs to his parents to go to his little apartment. When he was 16, his father had offered to build him his own little four walls over the garage complex of the house. From there he had his own place, that offered privacy without being to far away from his family, which was pretty cool.

“Hey, Michael, are you staying for dinner?” his mom wants to know. Her son and husband had worked on their hobby car together all day and she is planning to make something to eat soon.

“No, I’m going out.”

She steps in the hallway to look at her son. “With the guys again?” Normally he was home on Sunday evenings and they all ate together.

He stops and turns to look at her. “Why ya wanna know?”

She shrugs and smiles at him. “Just curious.”

“With a girl,” he tells her simply.

She looks at him in surprise, not even remembering the last time that he had officially dated a girl. “Who is it?”

Michael shakes his head at his mother, amused. “You are too nosy, Mom.”

She laughs. “What? It’s just not every day that you are dating a girl.” She knew her son was pretty experienced when it came to girls, but so far he hadn’t bothered to think about a serious relationship.

“You’ll find out soon enough,” he tells her with a wink.

“So it is something serious,” his mom states happily.

He shrugs. “We’ll see.”

“You are not really dressed like you are going out on a date,” Amy says as Maria comes downstairs 40 minutes after she had disappeared.

She glances down at herself, liking her look in a pair of tight jeans and a black strapless top that looked a little bit like a corset , but wasn’t as uncomfortable. “What’s wrong with my look?”

“Nothing. Just saying you doesn’t look like this would be anything romantic for a first date.”

Maria snorts. “I doubt Michael is into the romantic stuff anyway. I think he likes the natural look.”

“Michael huh?” Amy teases, grinning. Her daughter hadn’t even realized that she had said his name aloud.

“Damn, did I say that aloud?”

Amy goes through the Michael’s she knows would be Maria’s age. “Michael Carrison?”

Maria makes a face. “Ungh, Mom, I do have taste, ya know.”

Her mother laughs. “Isn’t the Davison’s kid a Michael as well?”

“No, he’s a Matt.”

“Oh, okay… hm let’s see then…”

Maria rolls her eyes. “Mom… would you stop this! It’s Michael Guerin, okay?”

“Guerin…” Amy muses. “Oh, don’t his parents own that huge house near the park?”

“Yeah, that’s right.”

The older woman frowns. “Didn’t you tell me sometime that he’s one of the guys you’re trying to stay away from?”

Maria glances at the small window next to the front door to check to see if he was already there. “Well... Yes.”

“What changed your opinion?”

She shrugs. “I don’t know. He acts like he’s really interested.”

“Uh-huh,” Amy says alarmed.

“Don’t worry about it, Mom, okay? I won’t let a guy hurt me. We’re just going out and if there is the slightest hint that he is up for just sex then I’m gonna tell him to kiss my ass.”

“Maria,” Amy shakes her head at her daughter and laughs. “Alright, I hope ya have fun and I seriously hope he isn’t fooling you.”

Maria grins when she hears the sounds of a motorcycle coming up the driveway. She already expected he would pick her up with this one. “Is that what I think it is?” Amy asks, horrified.

“Well, depends. It’s a motorcycle.”

“Good Lord!”

“Mom, you’re not gonna expect me to introduce him right now, right? I mean, I don’t even know if this is gonna be something serious or not yet.”

Amy waves her off. “Go and have fun. Call me if ya need anything and I expect ya to be home at 9pm.”

“MOM!”

The older woman chuckles. “I was kidding. I trust you, Maria. Don’t make me ever regret that.”

She walks over to place a quick kiss on her mother’s cheek. “I won’t.” With that she hurries out of the house, unaware of the fact that Michael was ready to climb the two steps to the front door.

He catches her in his arms as she moves right into him. “Couldn’t wait for me to knock on the door, huh?” he teases.

“Something wrong with that?” she counters.

“I guess not,” he mutters quietly and he leans in to steal a quick kiss from her. “Ya look good,” he whispers against her lips.

She shivers as his breath touches her. “Thanks.”

He likes her way of dressing casual, without all that makeup stuff. It was natural and fit her so well. Michael chuckles when she was trying to get more than the brief kiss from him. “Ya know your mom’s watching us through the window.”

Maria groans and glances over her shoulder. “She is so embarrassing sometimes.” Walking the two steps back up, she opens the door again. “Mom, this is Michael. Michael this is my mom.”

He stands up straight and offers his hand. “Hi, Ms. DeLuca. Nice to meet you.”

Amy accepts his hand. “Nice to meet you too, Michael.”

“Alright, we’re going now” Maria says determined.

“Any time ya want her to be home?” Michael asks Amy.

“Just bring her back in one piece,” she replies with a smirk. And don’t try to have sex with her, she adds in her thoughts.

“Where’re we goin’?” she asks when her mom disappears into the house again.

“You’ll see,” he hands her one of the helmets. “We’ll drive about 30 minutes. Did ya have dinner yet?”

She shakes her head.

“Me neither. Are ya good with sandwiches?” He points to a backpack on the motorcycle.

She smiles. He made sandwiches for us. “Sure.”

Thirty minutes later, Michael stops the motorcycle again and they both climb down. “Wow, it’s been a while since the last time I’ve been here,” Maria says excited.

“Really? I come here a lot.”

“With girls,” she teases and pulls her jacket off again since it was still warm enough.

His gaze wanders over the sexy top she’s wearing. “Just you.”

She looks at him doubtfully. “Come on.”

He lifts his hands. “It’s true, DeLuca.” He walks over to her and wraps an arm around her. “I’m not used to bringin’ woman anywhere other than my bed.”

“Should that calm me down?” she asks doubtfully.

He chuckles. “Considering you’re here with me, that should at least tell ya that I’m going with something different.”

“I think I like different,” she admits, wrapping her arms around him loosely. Right at that moment her stomach starts to growl.

“Somebody’s hungry, huh?” he asks, smirking and reaches out to the motorcycle to get the backpack. “Let’s go down to the water.” He grabs her hand to lead her down the path to the place he always used to hang out when he needed some time alone. “Ya just brought that thin jacket with you, huh?”

She smirks. “Well I was expecting some body heat again.”

“Ya make it very hard for me to resist, DeLuca.” He stops at a flat place near the water and places his backpack down to get the blanket out.

“I’m just teasing,” she says saucily and sits down.

“Yeah, I bet you are,” he replies, shaking his head and sitting down behind her to wrap his arms around her, pulling her close.

She rests her back against his upper body and stares out at the water. “It’s peaceful here.”

"Yeah," he agrees and bends his head to trail a path of feather-light kisses over her bare shoulder. Her stomach starts to growl again loudly, which makes him chuckle against her skin. "Seems like someone is telling us in an annoyed way that ya still haven’t had dinner."

"Yeah, always with bad timing," she complains.

He stands up again to get the backpack, which was laying a few feet away in the grass and sits down on the blanket again, in front of her this time. "Let's see. We have cheese/bacon, grilled cheese, tuna/cheese." He makes a face. "I hope ya like cheese."

"She chuckles. "Love cheese. I think I am taking one with tuna."

"Good choice. My special creation."

She takes it from him and unwraps it. "What's on it?" She inspects the sandwich closely.

"Um-hmm, that's a secret, just eat."

She grins. "Okay," and takes the first bite, chewing on it slowly.

He watches her intently to see her reaction.

"It's tasty. Think you are damned to prepare this more often for me now since you’re not sharing the details."

He grins. "Easy to do," and starts to eat one of his sandwiches as well.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 8

Post by candysteffi »

Ellie: We will learn more about the first date today.
Ugh ... and boosting about his past conquests? Gross. I'm not impressed and it just shows how quickly you're willing to stick it to any girl that opens her legs.

He is trying to be honest with her here. He knows that she knows his past/reputation, so lying about it won’t get him anywhere. He wasn’t thinking in the past, but that changed with her.

Novy: We will see the rest of the first date today.

And your theory is still interesting, but yet has to be proved, lol.

PART 8

"Oh, God, I think my jeans got tighter over the last hour," she complains after eating another sandwich and drops down with her back on the blanket, rubbing her hand over her belly.

He places the backpack aside again and lays down on his side next to her, right arm bent and propped on the blanket so that he could rest his head on his hand. "I doubt the fault lies with your jeans," he says, amused.

"Right," she turns her face to look at him. "It's your fault."

"Mine?" he asks innocently.

"Yeah, ya made these tasty sandwiches, so I had to eat two of 'em."

"Well, feel free to lose your jeans then," he suggests with a wink, his eyes telling her that he was just kidding.

She snorts and shakes her head. "You wish."

He laughs and rolls over to rest his back on the blanket as well. "It's gonna be full moon tonight," he says after a while.

"You gonna transform into a werewolf then?" she asks, pretending to be scared.

He turns his head to the side to look at her. "You never know," he tells her, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Hey, Michael," she rolls over to lay on her side, facing him.

"Huh?" He glances at her questioningly.

"Can we talk seriously for a moment?"

He nods. "Sure. What ya wanna talk about?"

"What are your intentions with me?" She rolls her eyes at how stupid that had sounded. "I mean, where are we goin' from here? I know, we don't know each other really well, so it's hard to say anything, but..." she shrugs, "I need to know if we’re both heading in the same direction or not."

He hates to talk about stuff like this, but he knows where she’s coming from. He has his reputation as a football player, so it is only natural she is asking. "Well, as ya know, I’ve never brought any other girl out here." He rolls over as well to face her and reaches out to sweep his thumb over her full lips. "And I've never just kissed a girl goodnight before."

She smiles at his little confession.

"I never cheated on anyone either. If it was just sex, than I told her right from the start." His gaze wanders over her face and he leans in to kiss her nose. "I haven't told ya anything like that, have I?"

She shakes her head. "Okay, that's all I wanted to know." She can see he is uncomfortable with this and there’s no need to drag it out. It’s the answer she wanted to hear; in his weird way he had told her that she isn't any girl for him.

"Guess I have to put out some warnings though," he admits.

"Warnings?"

"Uh-huh. Just so ya can’t tell me later that I didn’t warn you about it. First off, I am not romantic, in any way."

She laughs. "Okay."

"Okay. I like to hang out with my friends."

She shrugs. "Me too, so no problem with that."

He nods. "I will probably forget anniversaries or other things that your girls think are important."

"Anniversaries don't really matter to me anyway."

"Ah, come on. My father gets hell from my mother when he forgets their wedding anniversary."

"Maybe it's different when ya married, but right now I’d say I don’t care if ya forget that. I don’t believe the date is really important and it says nothing about a relationship anyway."

Michael looks at her, surprised. "Okay. I think I just found my dream girl then," he teases and uses his left arm to bring her closer. "Think we’ve done enough talking for now?"

“Hmm, I don’t know….” she teases him and leans in closer until her lips almost touch his. “Got something better in mind?”

“I think I do,” he whispers, his hot breath hitting her neck as he nips on the soft flesh there.

P-R-E-S-E-N-T

We didn’t sleep together that night. We just kissed and yes, made out a little, but he was insisting we should take things slow and I was glad he did, ‘cause I knew it meant that he really meant what he had said that night.

Tonight, I’m not so sure about that anymore. Maybe I was just something like a test for him, someone to find out if he was capable of a relationship and now he found out that he wasn’t.

I sigh when I realize one more time that sleep isn’t coming easy. Wonder when this will change again?

I get up and walk over to the closet, getting Michael’s pullover out of it again. I inhale his scent on it before I pull it on and snuggle back up in my bed again. Maybe I can pretend for a moment that everything was ok? That none of this had happened and we’re still a couple.

I laugh at something my mom just said as I open the front door of our house while she’s checking the mailbox. The shopping day with her had gone pretty well. We had a lot of fun and I have almost forgotten my hurt about Michael for a while. Thank God, he hadn't crossed my way in town, which would have been awful.

"Sweetie," my mom cheers happily when she enters the house, “I think there’s good news for you."

"Huh?"

She waves a small letter in her hand. "Small letter means mostly an acceptance," she tells me, excitedly and frowns at the paper in her hand. "The envelope has gotten wet during the transport I guess, I can't tell, which college it is."

I look at her nervously. "You open it up for me."

"Are you sure?"

I nod. "Yeah, I'm too nervous."

"Alright," she places her bag aside and rips the envelope open, getting the paper out of it and reading it quietly.

"Mom?" I ask, when she doesn't say anything.

Still nothing, her face doesn't look very happy anymore either. I sigh. "It's ok. Just tell me if it’s a negative answer. I can take it, really."

"No, no, it's an acceptance," she mumbles and lowers the letter slowly to look at me. "It's from California."

"W-what?" I stutter quietly, looking at her in shock. "No, this can't be." I deny and shake my head determinedly.

She comes over to me and places the letter on the coffee table, right in front of me, where I’m sitting on the couch. I look at it, but the words blur in front of my tear-filled eyes.

"Maria..." my mother tries, but I hold my hand up to tell her that nothing she says now could help anyway. "I wanna be alone," I croak out and get up to run into my room.

I throw myself onto my bed and bury my face into the pillow to muffle my sobs. Why? Why? Why? The guy on the phone had told me that the chances I could still get accepted were almost zero and now here was the damn acceptance. That's not fair!

I glance up and look at the photo on my nightstand, suddenly whirling around to get it out of the frame. "I hate you," I yell at the picture and rip it into two pieces, dividing Michel from me. I wish it could be so easy, just rip him out of my heart and go on with my life.

My gaze wanders through my room and I notice at least ten things that remind me of him in some way. Time to get rid of them, I decide and jump from the bed to find a box for the stuff. I crouch down in front of my bed and find an empty box under it, the wrapping of my old stereo system. Yeah, that’ll work. First off, I throw some CD’s in it, followed by a pair of boxers, some socks and a baseball cap.

I look around and my eyes lock on THE pullover. I sit down on my bed next to it, my fingertips brushing over its soft material and I can feel some of my determination fading. I don’t wanna give it back, but I know I have to. Everything needs to be removed from this room, just EVERYTHING. I take a deep breath and throw it into the box, while tears are running down my cheeks like a small river.

Focus! I warn myself and walk around the room to get some more things for the box. I open my nightstand and find a small black velvet packet. Smiling sadly at the memory that is connected to it, I lift my hand to my neck. My fingertips outline the small necklace resting against my skin. It seems like so long since Michael had given it to me.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 9

Post by candysteffi »

Ellie: Lol, we will see if Maria takes your advice. This uppy is gonna be happier (at first), so I hope it helps to heal your heart.

About why Maria freaked out about the college thing. I explained it after your review.

Novy: Hm… interesting again, lol. Very interesting!

Yeah, she looks around her room and everything reminds her of him. She has to get rid of this stuff for now.

Today we will learn something about the background of the necklage. ;)

PART 9

F-L-A-S-H-B-A-C-K

Maria groans in her sleep when something disturbs her. She shifts around in her bed several times before she finally realizes that her cell had started to ring. She glances at her watch, it was shortly after midnight. “What the hell?” she mumbles and reaches out to get the blinking cell from her nightstand, missing it the first two times.

“Hello?” she croaks, her voice still weak from sleeping.

“Hey birthday-girl,” someone says with a light chuckle.

She smiles when she realizes, who the caller is. “Hey…”

“Did I wake ya up?” he asks innocently.

“No, don’t ya hear the wild party in the background?” she asks and forces herself to weak up fully. “What’re you doin’ up this late, Michael?” He is once again at a football camp for a few days, which had really pissed her off at first, since it was the week of her birthday and he couldn’t be there.

“Wanted to say happy birthday to my girl.”

She smiles into the cell, trying to ignore the sad fact that he couldn’t be with her all day. “Thanks. We’re gonna celebrate on the weekend, right?”

“That’s for damn sure,” he agrees. “Hey I got a little present for ya.”

She sits up in her bed and rubs her eyes. “And you’re sendin’ it through the phone now?”

“Goofy,” he says, amused. “No, I hid it in the living room in your house the other day.”

“Really?” She’s suddenly was wide awake, eager to know what it is. “Tell me where.”

“Impatient?” he teases.

“Michael,” she complains. “Ya can’t tell a girl ya got a present for her and then not tell her where to find it.”

He laughs into the phone. It makes her shiver. “Alright, it’s in the closet in the living room, left side, middle shelf. Go and get it.”

“I’m already on my way,” she replies and walks down the hallways to the living area. She doesn’t bother to turn any lights on, since she knows there is one in the closet. “Almost there.”

“I know,” he tells her softly, right at the moment when she opens the door and finds him in there, cell held to his ear.

“Michael,” she yelps in shock, throwing herself into his arms.

“Hey,” he replies gently, satisfied with her reaction. He catches her with his arms, clapping the cell together behind her back.

“What’re ya doing here? Aren’t ya supposed to be in Carlsbad?”

“I better be there again at 6am.”

“You came home all the way just for me?” she asks, overwhelmed.

He leans back to look at her, brushing a strand of hair back behind her ear and shrugs. “You were upset when I told ya I wouldn’t be there for your birthday.”

She smiles. “I was. But this it’s a 1 ½ hour drive to get here and back in the middle of the night.”

“I don’t care,” he tells her, leaning in to kiss her gently. They’ve only been together for three months now, but she was worth every drive.

The kiss gets deeper as she stands up on her tiptoes, letting her hand run through the hair on the back of his neck. “Ya gonna stay for while?” she breathes against his lips.

“Yeah. Gonna have leave by 4am at the latest I think.”

“Let’s go to my room then,” she suggests, taking his hand and leading the way.

“Is you mom home?” he asks as he kicks the door shut with his foot.

“Yeah, she is.”

“We better be quiet then, huh?” he teases.

“She had a hard day, came home from a business trip after a very long drive, so I think she wouldn’t wake up if the earth would quake.”

“Perfect,” he walks towards her, making her walking backwards until the back of her legs collide with the bed. He glances down at her. She’s wearing one of his old football jerseys. “Hell, Maria, you have no idea how hot ya look in this.”

“Yeah?” she teases, grabbing the hem of it with one hand and pulling it up just enough to reveal a small piece of the panties she was wearing under it.

“You are so not right for that,” he tells her as his lips crash onto hers while he carefully lowers her down to the bed behind her.

She shoves herself further upwards to rest her head against the pillow, while he crawls over her, using his hands on the mattress to brace himself directly over her. “I still can’t believe ya really here,” she admits.

“Gonna show ya how real I am,” he says, grinning smugly.

Her hands start to wander down his upper body, running up under the hem of his shirt again to touch his bare, well-toned stomach.

He watches her eyes darken as she touches him. God, she is so beautiful. The way she’s biting her bottom lip softly, the sounds she make when she is aroused, he can’t get enough of this… of her. He lowers himself onto her slowly, nudging her with his hips.

“Don’t tease, Michael,” she begs.

He smirks at her. “Why? It’s so much fun.” And I love to watch ya.

“What’s that?” she asks when her hands feel something hard in his pants.

“What do ya think it is?” He waggles his eyebrows.

“Uh-huh, no way.”

He laughs and rolls to the side to lay next to her, shoving one hand into his pocket and pulling a small black velvet box our. “Happy Birthday.”

“For me?” she asks, surprised.

He rolls his eyes. “Nah, for my other girlfriend.”

“Ha ha, goofy.” She takes the box out of his hands, turning it several times before finally opening it up. She pulls on the tenuous silver chain and lifts it up until she notices the pendant on it, a simple but beautiful ‘M’. “Michael, it’s beautiful,” she says, wiping a tear away.

“Are ya crying?” he asks, leaning forward to look at her and using his thumb to brush the tear away.

“Just happy tears. Totally a girl thing to do.” She sits up and hands the necklace over to him to put it on her. “Soooo, the M... stands for?” she asks while she holds her hair up.

“Well… could be Maria of course,” he replies, letting his hand wander down her neck, along her arms, while he brushes his lips against her ear. “Or… Mom.”

“Ungh.”

He chuckles, his hot breath making her shiver. “Any better ideas?” His hands run further down and grab the hem of the jersey she wears, pulling it upwards gently.

She lifts her arms to help him undressing her, her long hair tickles as it falls back down on her skin. “What about Michael?”

His hands run down her bare sides. “Your choice,” he whispers, starting to kiss a path from her neck down to her shoulder.

- - - - - - - - - -

P-R-E-S-E-N-T

It has always been an M like Michael to me. Now that we’ve broken up, it means nothing anymore. I run my hands to the back of my neck and open the clasp, letting the necklace slide from my skin. I glance at it again before I lay it in the black velvet box and it goes right into the box as well.

A soft knock on the door announces my mother’s appearance. I already knew she wouldn’t be able to just let me sit by myself for long. “Come in,” I tell her.

“Hey,” she says quietly and comes around the bed to sit next to me. “Wanna talk about it?”

I shrug. “There’s not really anything to talk about, Mom.”

“I thought you weren’t accepted to that college. Didn’t you tell me that?”

“I wasn’t! I mean, I had called them and they had told me that I was on some stupid waiting list and if a few of the accepted applicants cancelled on them, I’d get a chance. But they told me that it happens rarely that someone cancels and I should definitely concentrate on something else.”

“Does Michael know?”

“No, I told him that I got a rejection. Thought IF there was a surprise and they would accept me last minute, then I’d tell him on his birthday.” I grab the letter and throw it into the box. “Happy birthday, asshole.”

She nods and gestures to the carton on the ground. “Packing some stuff together?”

I nod dumbly.

She gives me a one-armed-hug. “You are so brave.”

I shake my head. “I don’t feel brave. I just want this to be over, but I don’t know how to go on.” I glance up at my mother and blink away new tears. “It hurts so much, Mom. I don’t wanna be without him.”

“Oh, Maria,” she gasps and takes me in her arms fully. “I know ya don’t believe me right now, but it’ll get better as time goes by. I know you’re hurting right now and it’s good to cry. Cry as much as you want. I’m here for you and I’m taking the next two weeks of to be home with you.”

I shake my head. I know how important this business is for my mom and for our family. “You don’t have to.”

She chuckles. “I know, but I will.”

“Okay,” she releases me and I wipe the tears away.

“Hey, what about some lasagna for dinner?” she suggests.

“Yeah, that’d be great. I’m just packing this stuff together. Can I use your car for this?” I point at the carton.

“Ya wanna take it over to him?”

“Yeah, the sooner, the better, I think.”

“Alright, I’m going downstairs to prepare dinner.” She kisses my cheek before she leaves my room again.
candysteffi
Addicted Roswellian

Part 10

Post by candysteffi »

mary mary: Lol, well ya theory is probably true. ;) Let’s see if it counts for Maria and Michael. ;)

Novy: And a new flashback will be revealed in this uppy. ;)

Hm, someone will be there when she gets to his apartment.

Ellie: Does it help that the next flashback is on it’s way? ;)

There will be someone around when she gets there.

Eva: Michael definitely has two faces right now, but we will see his real one eventually. ;)

spacegirl23: Thanks and no worries, I know real life can be very busy. ;)

Michael is a riddle right now and I know everyone thinks: WTH? But yeah, it will all be revealed eventually. ;)

Sundae: Don’t be sorry, I know all about a busy real life.

Their relationship lasted for around nine month until the current present time and her b-day was after three month of being together. ;)

She will talk to… someone! ;)

PART 10

I stop the car in front of Michael’s house, glancing in the back mirror. Damn it, my eyes are still puffy from crying. His motorcycle is in the driveway, his car isn’t. I sigh in relief, he isn’t home. I had mentally prepared for a meeting, but I am so glad that he is away.

Alright, let’s do it. I put my sunglasses on and get out of the car, walking around it to get the carton out of the trunk. It’s pretty heavy, who would have thought there was so much of his stuff at my place.

With the key he had given me a while back, I enter his small ‘apartment’ over the garage complex of his family’s house. The smell of his scent pierces my nose. God, how much had I loved being here in this place? It is small but very comfy.

Keep going, I remind myself and walk further into the room to place the carton on the coffee table, making sure he would see it when he gets home. I really wish I could see his face. Would he be shocked? Hurt? Or just relieved that he didn’t have to come to my place again to get this himself?

I know that here are a few things from me at his place as well, but he can burn it of he wants, I don’t want my stuff back.

“Maria,” someone says from behind and I whirl around, shocked.

“Oh, hi, Darcy,” I greet his mother. Shit, why did she have to show up right now?

She frowns. “Michael isn’t here, didn’t he tell you?”

“Well, I guess there’s no need to tell me anything anymore, huh?”

Darcy walks further into the room, glancing at the carton I had put on the coffee table. Oh my God, I realize, she doesn’t know. “Maria?” she asks, puzzled.

“He didn’t tell you, huh?” I ask quietly, grateful that I remembered to take my sunglasses with me.

“No, what’s going on?”

I bite the inside of my cheek for some control. “We broke up,” I croak out.

“Oh my God,” she rushes to my side. “Why?”

I shake my head. “I… I… please ask him, okay?”

She sighs. “Well, if he was the one to break up, then I will kick his ass,” she says determinedly.

I have to laugh a little. “Promise?”

She smiles back at me. “Maybe you can figure things out between you…”

“No, sorry. I don’t think that’s possible, Darcy,” I answer sadly.

She glances around the room, not knowing what to say. “Do you need something from here?”

I shake my head. “I don’t want anything back. Tell him to throw my stuff away or whatever, it’s not more than a toothbrush and some tiny things anyway.”

“I don’t wanna believe this,” Darcy says.

“Yeah me neither.” I glance down at my hand, noticing that I still have the key. I loosen it from my bunch and press it into her palm. “Here, please give him that as well.” I start to walk to the front door again, glancing back at her one more time. “Tell Harry I said hi, will ya?” Harry is Michael’s dad. I always got along pretty well with both of his parents.

“Sure.”

“Goodbye.” I walk outside, glad to breathe the fresh air. Okay, that was it! The final end! The last bit ya gotta do when ya break up. From here on my life is Michael-free.

It’s Monday, the day that I have feared all weekend, ‘cause it means I have to go to school and sooner or later face Michael again. He was back from football camp and the building wasn’t so big that we could avoid each other all day. Besides that we have classes together later in the day. How am I supposed to react when he crosses my path?

Gladly, I know I am safe for the first two classes, he’s at the gym right now. “I think they’re all staring at me,” I complain when Liz and I enter the school this morning.

“Ah, come on, Maria. That’s just in your imagination. Ya think everyone will make a big deal out of it?”

“Hey, I’ve heard they broke up, is it true?” Some girls are whispering as soon as we have passed them.

I look at Liz in an ‘I-told-ya-so’ way. “Okay, maybe there will be some gossip, but it’ll be over soon,” she admits.

“Oh my God, Maria,” Tess approaches us from behind and walks up on my left side. “I am soooo sorry.”

“You’re sorry?” I ask, puzzled. “About what?”

“It seems like you and Michael are gonna be THE talk and gossip material of the day.”

I make a face. “Really?”

Liz groans. “You’re not helping, Tess.”

Unfortunately, she seems to he right though, the moment we enter our classroom, everyone is turning around to look at me. Some of them seem to be sorry, some are probably just curious. Most of them though are glad that Michael is back on the market again.

It all reminds me at the day when Michael and I had walked into the school together for the first time. There was just one difference: Back then it had felt good to be watched by all of them, because I had known that they were all just envious.

- - - - - - - - -

F-L-A-S-H-B-A-C-K

“So, you two had a date last night?” Liz asks as she walks through the hallways of West Roswell High next to Maria.

Her friend nods. “Yeah, he picked me up yesterday evening with his motorcycle.”

“And the day before at the party he kissed you and brought ya home.”

“Right.”

“So, what happened last night? Where did ya go and…”

“We went to Bitter Lake,” Maria interrupts her. “He had made sandwiches and brought a blanket, so we kinda had a picnic out there.”

Liz frowns, that isn’t the Michael Guerin she knew from parties and Max. “And then…?” she asks carefully. “Don’t tell me ya slept with him.”

“WHAT? No! Of course not.”

“So ya went out with Guerin, huh?” Tess approaches them, grinning widely.

Both girls look at her, puzzled. “How do you know?”

Tess shrugs. “I just met Jenny McCarter and she told me she had seen Michael with a mysterious blonde girl on his motorcycle last evening. After Saturday’s party, I figured it was you. Where did ya go”?

“Bitter Lake,” Liz answers for Maria impatiently. “I was about to find out what happened, so shhhh!!!”

Tess rolls her eyes at the brunette girl, but motions for Maria to go on.

“As I said, we had a picnic out there,” she repeats so Tess would know as well. “And after that we just talked.”

“Oh, come on, DeLuca,” Tess complains, not believing it.

“Okay, fine, not JUST talking, but we were just kissing.”

“No make out?” the curly blonde continues.

Maria shrugs. “Nothing serious. We both left our clothes on completely. He wants to take things slow with me.”

“He wants to take things slow?” Liz repeats slowly.

“Isn’t it the way it’s supposed to start in your opinion, Parker?” Tess teases the other girl and nudges her friend with her elbow.

“Yeah, it just doesn’t sound like him, that’s all.”

“Gonna have to agree with her,” Tess thinks aloud. “He never took anything slow from what I’ve seen and heard.”

“Do you think it’s possible that he actually wants something different with me?” Maria asks her two best friends uncertainly.

“You never know! Maybe!” Tess says.

“So what now? When will you see him again?” Liz wants to know.

“I don’t know. He just said something like: ‘I’ll see ya in school.’”

Liz makes a face. “That could mean everything or nothing.”

Maria sighs as they stop at Tess’ locker to get some books. “I know! I was wondering all night if he just said it, ya know, to say something and it doesn’t really mean anything or if he meant we would hang out together.”

“Well, I guess we’ll find out soon, won’t we? We have math together with him after the break,” Tess suggests.

“Or maybe we’ll find out even sooner,” Liz nods to the left, when she sees him walking along the hallway with Niel. “He’s coming right towards us.”

Oh God, Maria thinks, what am I gonna do? What if he just ignores me? What if he just says hi? Am I supposed to do something? Yesterday she had been sure everything would be fine at school, but after talking to the girls, she felt all insecure again.

“Hey, the guys want to hang out at the Crashdown after school, ya in?” Niel asks Michael when they neared the girls.

“Yeah sure,” he agrees before slowing down, while the other boy headed in another direction, greeting the girls briefly.

Maria holds her breath when Michael comes to a stop right in front of her and turns to look at her. He smiles when he notices her nervous I-don’t-know-what-to-do look on her face. “Seen a ghost?” he teases.

“Um, Liz, didn’t ya want to show me that… thing?” Tess asks.

“Oh yeah! Right! The… thing. Let’s go.”

Maria rolls her eyes at her friend’s less then subtle behaviour.

Michael snorts. “As if I’m that stupid. Tess Harding can’t keep her nosy ass out of anything, so I guess they’ll stop in about two seconds to watch us from another point.” He waves at the girls, when they do just what he had said and turns to Maria. “See?”

Maria laughs. “Well, at least they backed off a few feet.” She glances along the hallway. “Do ya realize that everyone else is staring as well?”

He nods with a smirk. “We definitely have their attention.”

She smiles, still unsure. “Yeah.”

He takes a step towards her, his right arm comes up to brace him on the locker behind her. “So, wanna give ’em a show?”

“A show?” she asks, finally loosening up a bit when she realizes that he wasn’t avoiding her in public.

“Yeah, maybe Tess’ eyes will fall out though,” he says, smirking before leaning in to kiss her. His free hand comes up to rest on her hip, bringing her closer against him.

She can hear some of the female students groan while others were gasping in surprise. Yeah, she thinks, I am Michael Guerin’s girl and you are soooo envious about it.

He releases her again, when the ringing of the bell announced the end of the break. “Did I finally manage to convince you that I’m not the asshole Liz Parker thinks I am?”

She opens her mouth to protest, but he shakes his head, chuckling. “I guess she has some good reasons to think that way she does. No need to defend her.”

Maria nods. “I believe you, that you’re willing to try something different.”

“Cool.” He grabs her hand, intertwining their fingers. “Come on. We have a class together now.”

She follows him along the hallways, aware of the glances they’re getting from the other students, but not caring about it.