The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) *complete* 4/16/12

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 11 3/10/12

Post by jake17 »

Sarah
MP
Courtney
Natalie
Carolyn
Angelina
LovelyPOM83
Lyrallya
Eve
clueless
Jan
Cardinal
dreamon

thank you so much for your amazing support and fb, hope you like the love scene, it was written listening to this song, just in case anyone's interested, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et2vgSmstHU, hope you enjoy. :wink:

Chapter 11

Standing on the small porch outside of his apartment Max raised his arms out alongside him and looked upwards letting the snow fall down on his face.

It was eerily quiet on the dead end street, even the grinding echo of the snow plow scrapping along the asphalt could not be heard so late into the night.

Small puffs of his frosty breath escaped his lips billowing up towards the black sky dotted with a thousand stars and an orange haunting full moon.

His eyes fluttered shaking the trapped snow flakes from his long dark eyelashes as the door opened.

She shuttered as she gazed up at him, so handsome, beautiful and strong bathed in light from a cold winter night sky.

“Max.”

His sightless vulnerable amber eyes open knowing this will be their first, he wants to take it slow, memorize every curve, cherish every silky inch of her.

Wordlessly he turns towards her, his lips parted he exhales unsteadily as white snow flakes melt against the dark contrast of his thick jet black hair.

He reaches back with one hand and pulls his burgundy tee shit from him revealing his sculpted body that is aching to know her.

He can hear her breath hitch in anticipation, he knows she's ready, knows she likes what she sees, but its Max that wants to discover the path in front of him.

Walking towards her boldly with a quiet grace he forces her to back up slowly.

Her bare feet stumbled slightly as she gazes up at his intense brandy stare.

Its as if he can see her, as if he knows just how much she wants him, just how much her body responses to every move, every breath.

She stops suddenly as the back of her legs hit the couch, her hands reach out making contact with his bare chest to halt his steps.

He's so serious, so caught up in the moment, the meaning of what she brings to his life, what she has done to him.

Reaching out to cup her cheek, she angles her face into his strong hand, her heart is racing knowing it won't be long now.

Her fingers slide agonizingly slow down his hard chest to the rippled muscles of his stomach to hook in the button of his jeans.

Edging her closer with his hand he lifts her chin up with his finger towards his mouth kissing her hard.

Its the kind of kiss you feel from deep inside your belly straight down to your toes, the kind that rattles you to the bone and twists your gut.

He smiles inward thinking that this is what love is, something so strong that you physically feel it washing over you, taking hold of you as you surrender to it.

Endless waves of passion changing you, consuming you, leveling your very will.

Releasing her chin as his tongue lightly explores her lips he pulls her shirt up smoothing his palms across her ribs over her bare breasts.

She jumps slightly as his thumbs stroke her gently, he's barely touching her but its enough, yeah... its more than enough to get her there.

Her hands quickly release the button on his jeans as his kisses become deeper, stronger, commanding every bit of her attention.

She jerks them down along with his boxers past his strong thighs to the floor leaving him to remove them with his feet along with his socks.

He breaks their embrace as he lifts her shirt up over her head.

His lips angle upward, she had this planned, wanted to prove a point, came to get him in only a shirt, his shirt.

He throws the hockey uniform adoring his name to the ground and laces his hands down through her raven hair tangling his fingers in deep as his hot mouth finds her again.

She's almost left dizzy by his urgency to taste her, to decipher every secret she has hidden.

Leaving her a breathless mess he takes her by the hand and leads her to the bedroom.

Thirty steps straight ahead, five down the hallway, three to the bed.

“Lie down.”

His voice is hoarse and sultry, so filled with emotion, so heartfelt that it causes her to shudder inside.

“Max?”

“Shhh....”

He lays down next to her, her eyes fall up to the ceiling as his fingertips rest against her lips.

Icy sleet strikes the window pane, her eyelids slide shut as she pictures the stars falling from the sky.

He begins to feel his way across her body, slowly, the pads of his fingers investigating the exquisite map displayed so trustingly before him.

Her head falls back against the pillow as she breathes out shakily.

He grazes along her collar bone following it to the center of her body moving just a little to the left, he finds her heart.

He holds it there, he flattens out his palm just resting it against her trembling skin, every beat a response to him.

She brushes her legs together, he can hear her struggling, feels the necessity of her need.

She raises her hands to touch him, he gently brings them back to her sides.

“Not yet.”

She rolls her eyes impatiently as she fists the sheets pulling them tight in her hands.

He tenderly caresses her like feathers barely touching her heated body, over her breasts down circling her flat stomach to the curve of her hip.

Her head turns to the side, her eyes roll back as he grasps her thighs edging them slowly apart.

She draws in her bottom lip and bites down hard as she watches him hover over her carefully settling between her legs.

His golden eyes continue to watch her even though he cannot see, eager to please, he's lost in the exploration of her beauty, her demanding cries for more, her frustrated moans as he refuses to rush.

His hands anchor down on either side of her head, his muscular arms flex tight as they effectively cage her in.

His mouth presses lightly to her shoulder brushing his lips along her trembling flesh, imprinting his touch forever on her skin.

Her eyes squeeze shut as she feels his dark hair skim along her breast following the path of his mouth as he descends lower to the place he's dreamed about.

The comforter rises up between her fingers as her her knuckles turn white with urgency.

Releasing her hands from the blanket he raises her arms over her head.

She arches her back sending her breasts to rise up hitting the cold air as his tongue flicks shamelessly against her.

Her hands curl tight gripping the headboard above her as she writhes with pleasure coming completely gloriously undone beneath him.

Her quiet whimpers sing like music with the relentless tapping of the ice outside as it dances against the glass, a sound he is sure he will never forget.

She cries out his name at the first thrust, so deep and slow his rhythm rocks her, lifts her, sends her to another place.

He feels it, the wind in his hair, the ice beneath his feet, he's flying with her, making love to her.

They are free.
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) chpt 12 3/24/12

Post by jake17 »

Natalie
Courtney
Eve
Lyrallya
MP
Ginger
Ilonka.Green
Sarah
LovelyPOM83
Sara
Carolyn
dreamon
IceQueenMay
Cardinal

Thank you so much for all your amazing fb!

Also thank you so so much for all the nominations! :D I am seriously floored. So happy Max was nominated for this story! I really am so thankful, the support I receive on this site is just incredible and so appreciated!

Chapter12

Two weeks later...

Liz's long dark eyelashes fluttered as she sighed sleepily bowing into his embrace.

Once again she was slowly being awakened by the familiar sensation of Max's sensitive hands touching, cherishing, memorizing the curves of her bare form.

The art of sensually mapping out her exquisite body with his fingertips had turned into his favorite past time during the two weeks that they had spent together after that memorable night at the ice rink.

They had basically spent every minute together except for when she was forced to attend her classes at school.

Aside from the occasional study session and dinner breaks, their time was spent making love under the near constant snow fall of a particular harsh Boston winter.

Max wanted it to never end, somehow he had manage to push the harsh reality of his situation from the little apartment and the four walls of his bedroom... or rather their private haven.

In the warmth of her loving arms he felt as if nothing else existed, as if the future and its impeding difficult decisions were frozen, suspended in time far away the love that was growing between them.

But Max was no fool, he knew that sooner or later hard choices and difficult days were going to infringe on their slice of heaven.

The first of which was happening today.

Groaning Liz raised her hand lazily searching for the button on the alarm clock to turn the annoying beeping sound off while being gloriously distracted by Max's tender kisses that were leaving a heated trail along the curve of her hip.

So not fair....” Liz gasped as he dipped his tongue closer to the inside of her thigh. “... we have to go.”

Max smiled against her soft skin before lightly blowing a path to his destination.

“Who said life was fair... besides, I'm fine right here.” He grinned once more before kissing a well strategically placed area, “... hmm...and I'm pretty sure you are too.”

Her back arched upwards before skillfully slipping out from under his grip.

“No, your not going to seduce your way out of this, we have to get ready, your appointment is in less then an hour.”

Wrapping his arms playfully around her waist he attempted to pull her back into their warm bed.

“We have plenty of time.”

Knowing that at least part of his procrastination was due to his fear of the surgery, she led him up to his feet and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“I'll be right by your side when you wake up, I promise everything will be fine.”

The sexy smirk that had lit up his handsome face had fallen into a look of intense trepidation.

“I've gotta jump in the shower, I'll be ready in a few minutes.”

Before she could react he had slipped away and had already had the water from the shower running.

Fearing that he was more concerned about the procedure than she had initially thought her heart sank with worry.

So afraid of pushing him away she had avoided any talk of the future and what he had planned to do with his life.

The car ride had been silent their hands tightly wound together, her fingers pressing against his letting him know just how much she cared.

A soft kiss on his lips and a whisper in his ear was the last she would see of him as they wheeled him off to the operating room.

“I love you.”

It would be an agonizing eight hours till he would be alert enough to except visitors.

Michael and Maria had stayed most of the time to keep Liz company while Max's father waited anxiously at home for the call.

After a lengthy debate Liz convinced his best friend and his girlfriend that she would be fine.

Thinking that it might be better if it was just the two of them in case it didn't turn out as they would've hoped.

Liz almost jumped out of her skin when the nurse called her name.

The short walk to the recovery room seemed like miles as his future hung in the balance.

Quietly she stood out of sight behind the slightly ajar doorway and just stared at him while he sat on the edge of the bed with thick bandages wrapped several times across his eyes and around his head.

His raspy deep voice startled her as he held out his hand in the air.

“There's my sweet mango girl, why so far away?”

A smile spread across her pink lips as she shook her head in disbelief.

“I swear your like a ninja, you always know where I am.”

Pulling her in close he pressed his lips to her ear causing her to melt from within.

“I would sense you from a mile away, you're like the sun Liz, so warm and inviting, attracting everything towards you. I'm not even sure its a choice being in love with you anymore, its almost like a physical need, like oxygen to breathe.”

Knitting her eyebrows together she lovingly ran her fingers threw his messy thick black hair.

“Just how much drugs did they give you Max?”

A nervous chuckle escaped his lips as he heard heavy footsteps enter the room.

“Ahem, sorry to interrupt Max but I'm ready if you are.”

Lowering his head immediately Max let go of Liz as he struggled internally with the severity of the moment.

Suddenly unsure of how he would handle the outcome he surprised himself as well as her.

“Liz, would you mind leaving us alone for a few minutes.”

Shocked Liz looked up at the balding doctor completely taken off guard by Max's request.

Dr. Taylor returned a silent nod encouraging her to leave without making Max feel uncomfortable or inundating him with questions.

He hoped that she understood just how difficult this moment was for him.

Giving his hand one last squeeze she softly spoke still stunned. “Of course, I'll just go call your dad and let him know you're awake.”

Waiting until the door had made a loud thud Max raised his head towards the doctor.

Anxiously he rung his hands together before digging his fingers into the edge of the bed.

“I know you said before... that I'll know right away, but are you sure? I-I mean it just seems so fast, we don't need time to wait for the meds to wear off or anything like that?”

Sighing the sixty two year old seasoned surgeon sat next to Max on the bed and threw the clip board containing his information on a nearby table.

Placing his hand on his shoulder he took a moment before clearing his throat to speak.

“Max I know this is very difficult, but as we discussed before, the surgery has immediate results, we'll know right away if it worked and to what extent.”

Lowering his voice Max nodded. “So as I understand it we've got three outcomes. I'll be completely healed, I'll be able to see shadows, light and shapes or... or nothing. I'll be just as I am right now.”

Squeezing his shoulder the doctor calmly agreed.

“Just take your time Max, let me know when your ready, there's no rush.”

Rocking back and forth a couple of times Max struggled inside as his body trembled.

“G-go ahead, take the bandages off.”

Hearing the metal shifting sound of the scissors opening near his ear Max shuttered as his heart clenched with fear.

All this time, ever since the doctor mentioned this procedure and how low the odds of it working were he had never even considered the fact that it might actually work.

It was only at that specific moment that it hit him that there was a chance, that when the possibility was actually in his grasp he found himself believing.

His heart pounded inside his chest as the doctor carefully worked on cutting through the thick white gauze.

His eyes were closed tight as the doctor discarded the last the cotton into the trash can below.

Moving to sit on a chair directly in front of Max the doctor instructed him on what he would be feeling or possibly seeing.

“Alright Max, we've applied a light protective gel over your eyes, it won't effect your sight whatsoever, but it will feel slightly wet and sticky, just try and ignore it and open your eyes slowly.”

Watching Max intently he dimmed the lights just in case the light would be too much for him to handle.

Paralyzed flashes of Max's life passed through his mind...

The first time he saw Liz with her red mittens angrily telling him off looking so incredibly beautiful with her fiery big brown doe eyes...

The last game he played, the last goal he scored, the rush of the crowd chanting his name, the look of brotherhood in Micheal’s eyes...

The last time he saw the stars shinning bright in the winter night sky...

The last flicker of precious light before he was thrust into darkness...

In one second he would either have it all back or it would be lost to him forever, the intensity of that second was almost too much to handle.

Being painfully aware of Max's apprehension Dr. Taylor urged him on.

“Now just take it easy, you shouldn't feel any pain, open your eyes and give it a few seconds, if the surgery restored your vision it will take a few seconds before everything becomes crystal clear, but you will know right away either way.”

Taking a deep breath Max ran his fingers through his hair as he slowly opened his eyes.

Every muscle in his body tensed instantly, his heart hammered wildly inside his chest.

Finally... he had his answer.

:twisted: :wink:
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) Author's note 4/14/12

Post by jake17 »

Hello Everybody!

Just wanted to apologize for my absence, I'm in the middle of a health scare that came out of nowhere, I always figured I was too young for what's happening so it kind of spun my head and kidnapped my muse for awhile, but I figure there's no better therapy than getting your emotions out and being productive at something you love, certainly staring at the tv being depressed and scared is not working :wink:

So I'm diving back into my writing. The dangler will have an update very soon, within a day or so, I can't thank you enough for all your support for this fic.

Also I will be posting a new story called 'Vanished', its a Cannon story and I've literally been working on it for months. My heart and soul is in this story, I've never worked so hard on anything in my life. It just means so much to me especially with what I'm facing now. It's a story about survival and courage against all odds, but at the heart of it its about what
Roswell's always been about, the enduring love of a boy for a girl.

The truly brilliant idea came from MP, she personally asked me to write it as a challenge, which in itself was an honor, but its become so much more, our calibration is nothing but magic.

The banner was created by the amazing artist behrbabe. I have never seen a banner that has captured the emotion and heart of a story as well as this one. She just blew me away, its been a constant inspiration everytime I look at it. I really can't thank her enough. It is also her birthday today so I'd just like to send out special birthday wish to her~ Happy Birthday sweetie! Thank you for everything!! :D

I will be posting this within the next three days.

Also one more thing, I hope you all know how much I appreciate the totally unexpected awards I received. The writers on this board are so above and beyond what I am capable of, to even be mentioned with them was just so encouraging, honestly it made me get off my ass and stop feeling sorry for myself. :wink:

Thank you all again for your support and kindness.
Carrie :)

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) *complete* 4/16/12

Post by jake17 »

I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who has given me such amazing support and kindness. I really hope you like the ending... :wink:

Chapter 13

One year later....

Max closed his eyes taking in the brisk winter air through the crack of the heavy metal door desperately needing to feel the icy wind against his skin.

Knowing deep inside this was something he had to face, a major step into healing and moving on, but still it didn't make it any easier.

It had been a year of hard arduous work both mentally and physically pushing him farther then he even thought was possible.

In his mind, for him at least this was the last ambitious hurdle in a year of setbacks and victories.

Max found it impossible to feel sorry for himself, how could he when the worst thing to ever happen to him led him to what most people are never lucky enough to find.

Resting his head against the door frame he thought of her, the love of his life, the girl who literally saved him from the depths of hell.

Snowflakes drifted down to the frozen Earth like gleaming opalescent crystal diamonds against the vast starry night sky.

Rustic trees contorted into twisted beings of life alive and breathing stretching reaching effortlessly up towards the heavens encased in luminous transparent ice like priceless jewels reflecting off the golden immense ghostly moon that peered down upon everything and everyone.

Max closed his sensitive amber eyes taking in the cool crisp air letting the magic of this night fill his senses wanting so much to be aware of every precious second that was given to him.

A smile spread slowly across his face as her mango lilac dreamy scent drifted over him like protective soft feathered angel wings enclosing him in love that he knew in his heart would last forever.

He sighed happily as she pressed her warm body against his back wrapping her arms securely around his chest resting her red mittens close to his heart.

Covering her hands with his own he pulled her in closer breathing her in languorously melting with with each beat of her rhythmic heart.

Aware of the impending time he turned around slowly capturing her in his strong arms before brushing back a stray lock of her silky hair from her long dark eyelashes that peaked out from under her crimson winter hat.

His warm smile faded as he began to feel the intensity of the moment approaching.

Fondly he cupped her face gently caressing his thumb across her glistening pink bottom lip.

His hauntingly sincere vulnerable voice seized her heart as he pulled her fuzzy mitten off and brought her delicate fingers to his cold lips.

“Tell me you love me.” he whispered softly against her warm skin.

Lifting herself up on her toes she pressed her mouth to his ear as she wrapped her free hand securely around his neck.

“Always.” she breathed out as butterflies flew circles inside her stomach nervously as the crowd grew louder.

He lifted his head as he heard the announcement over the loud speakers.

'Ladies and gentlemen we would like to welcome you to the one and only Boston Garden, please give a warm welcome home to the proud current owners of the world famous Stanley Cup! Your own, beloved Boston Bruins!!'

Hesitation and concern was unmistakable in her wide chocolate doe eyes as she tentatively kissed his lips choking back tears trying so hard to be strong for him.

But he knew her too well, he could feel her shaky breath against his mouth, feel her trembling body, her racing heart.

There was no time, but he would make time, she was too important... she was everything to him.

Just as the tips of their fingers parted he quickly reached around her waist and pulled her close titling her chin upwards, cupping her cheek gently.

“You're shivering...”

Trying to push him away, knowing she had to let him go, her voice broke as she tried to hold back her emotions, “No Max, really... I'm fine.”

His deep, fiery raspy tone took her off guard.“Bullshit!”

Physically forcing her back into his arms he passionately embraced her, nuzzling her raven silky hair, brushing his lips against her neck, raining down words of love and devotion breathlessly between slow soft kisses.

“Don't you know what you've done for me, what you mean to me?”

Overwhelming emotion brought tears that glistened in his bright strikingly golden eyes as he continued to lavish kisses over her, his hands feathering her with intimate caresses weakening her ability to think.

'Please lets stand while we give a warm Boston welcome to your Stanley Cup Champions!!'

His heart hammered inside his chest as the loud booming voice echoed above them.

Max held her face in his hands brushing away her salty tears with his thumbs.

“I was dead inside, I had given up... you lit a fire inside me that I thought was gone forever … ”

'Defense, number 21, Charlie O'Shea!'

*Crowds cheering and clapping extremely loudly, list of names continued to be announced*

'Goalie, number 13, Dillon Lasier!'

“Liz, I thought that the only way I could be free was on the ice... “

'Forward, number 7, Chris Leary!'

“....Anthony Collins!”

“Don't you see, with you, I am free, making love to you, being with you... loving you... I fly... “

'Please join us in giving a warm New England welcome to the newest addition to the Boston Bruins family, straight from Boston University, known for his unmatched speed and the ability to dangle the biscuit like no player ever seen on ice, folks if you blink you might just miss him, coming back from a devastating injury to take us all by storm, Center, rookie, number 17, Max Evans!'

Crying now happy tears Liz looked up at the speaker as they announced his name.

“ That's you, you better go... “

Leaning down to kiss her one more time, as he pulled his gloves on, he gazed tenderly into her wide glassy eyes.

“Liz, you are truly the most beautiful sight I have ever seen... I love you.”

Turning to run onto the rink Liz yelled out to him as he secured his helmet.

“Max! Please be careful, they know you've been injured, they'll be looking to hurt you!”

With a wink back to his angel and a gleam in his eye he stepped out onto the ice of the famous Garden Stadium in his Bruins Uniform to thunderous applause.

With his stick in his hand he gazed over to his new team, Michael and his dad, and the massive audience in the stands.

Armed with a glare of determination and fire in his belly he stared down at the ice below, then slowly up into the face of the opposing goalie.

Narrowing his eyes he lowered his stick before taking off like a bat out of hell...

“First they have to catch me!”

~ the end ~

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Dangler (AU,M/L,Adult) *complete* 4/16/12

Post by jake17 »

Hey everyone just wanted to thank those of you who stuck with this story and left such awesome fb, :D :D

Courtney
MP
Ginger
dreamon
Eve
Natalie
Cardinal
Carolyn

Also! thanks to Cardinal I was stunned to realized that I never explained what "the dangler" meant!
:shock: :oops: I can't believe I did that!!

Well thanks to her I stuck the definition in the beginning of the first chapter but for those of you interested .... get your minds out of the gutter :wink: :lol: its totally innocent, althought I'm sure when we're taking Jason Behr.. the name fits :mrgreen: :P

dangler

a hockey player who has very good hands and various skill moves to get around a defender, much of the time making the defender look stupid.

"Alex Ovechkin is such a dangler! just dangled that defender by putting the puck through his legs! The defender didnt even move!"