You've Got Mail (AU,M/L,ADULT) [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

You've Got Mail (AU,M/L,ADULT) [COMPLETE]

Post by Emz80m »

Title: You've Got Mail
Category: M/L
Discalimer: I dont own anything.
Category: ADULT to be safe

Summary: This is similar to the movie You've Got Mail. Liz Parker is an up and coming Fashion Designer who is hiding from her miserable personal life though the Internet.

Part 1

Elizabeth Parker walked into work with purpose in her step. Elizabeth, known to her close friends as Liz was an up and coming designer in New York and had just opened her own shop to sell out of. ‘Uptown Girl’ it was her dream since she was 5 and living in the small town of Roswell New Mexico and now after 5 years of hard work while juggling college she had finally done it, well with the help of her parents.

‘Morning chica’ called Maria as she entered the store. Maria Deluca was Liz’s best friend since they were born. When Liz had finally opened ‘Uptown Girl’ Maria had dropped everything to come and work with her. Somewhere along the way, after all the years of friendship Liz’s dream had become Maria’s dream as well so when Liz called and told her it was happening Maria dropped her life, and her boyfriend in Roswell and came.

‘Morning Ria’ she replied and placed down the coffee she had bought her best friend at Star Bucks on the way.

‘Thought you were designing at home today’ Maria asked curiously.

‘I was but then I got a call from Alex saying that he waiting on some paperwork so that he could do the book work, so here I am’ Liz replied grimly. Alex Whitman was Liz and Maria’s other best friend since childhood. He was currently finishing his Masters at MIT in Computers and was doing a lot of the business side of things for Liz for ‘Uptown Girl’

‘Ok well let me know if I can do anything’ Maria replied.

Liz made her way into the small office at the back of the store and went about setting up her computer quickly. Dialling into net account Liz sat in anticipation of her favourite sound, the three words that could make or break her day on occasions.

‘You’ve got mail’ the computer droned.

Liz smiled and clicked on the message

To Uptown Gal – from Alien King

~Hey
So I just walked into my office and knew that I had to send you a morning email. It’s barely 9 and I have already been double teamed by the sister and girlfriend and right now I am wondering what on earth I possibly did wrong to have to put up with everything. Have you ever had one of those moments in your life where you wondered why you do all the things that you do. Like why are you still with your high school girlfriend??. I wish I had the answers to some of those questions sometimes.

Anyway I hope your morning has been more enjoyable than mine.

Waiting for you email

LOL – AK

Liz smiled and then re-read the email she had just clicked on the reply button wanting to reply as soon as possible when she was interrupted by the phone.

‘Uptown Girl, Liz speaking’ she said into the phone.

‘Liz it’s me I cant talk long but just wanted to let you know that I’ll pick you up at 7 tonight for the reception’

Liz sighed into the phone ‘Listen Kyle I think it would be best if you go by yourself.’

‘No! Liz you’re my girlfriend you have to come all the other guys from the team are coming. Please’ he argued into the phone.

‘Okay but I am not staying late understand?’

‘Sure no problem. Later babe’ and he hung up the phone.

When Liz realised that he had hung up already she immediately slammed the phone down as well. Damn Kyle and his stupid parties.

To Alien King – from Uptown Gal

Morning

Oh and what a day it is. Thanks for your email it was nice to start the morning off with. After the phone call I just finished with my own boyfriend I can actually understand why you are asking the questions you are because I have been asking them myself for the past 2 months. I am in this relationship that in not existent for 9 months of the year and the 3 that it is I spend doing a whole of crap that I hate.

Maybe I’m comfortable… too comfortable what do you think?

L

UG

:) So guys what do you think? please give me some feedback as to whether i should continue.
Last edited by Emz80m on Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:49 am, edited 49 times in total.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 2

Post by Emz80m »

Part 2

Max Evans sat at his desk reading his latest email and smiled, it was the first time he had something to smile about all morning. After talking to Isabel and receiving her usual Ice Queen routine about how he should have dumped Tess by now and woke up and Tess’s constant whining about him attending a PR party with her that evening. Basically he had a terrible morning.

Max Evans was a successful lawyer who had moved to New York after graduating from Harvard Law. After graduating he had taken over his fathers firm ‘Evan’s and Associates’ and opened a branch in New York.

Tess Harding had been Max’s high school girlfriend. They had dated for 4 years until Max had broken it off about 12 months ago, 6 months later she had come begging him to take her back and had eventually convinced him that what they had was too important to throw away and so that’s why 6 months later they were together and Max was still miserable and wondering why he had ever taken her back to begin with.

Looking over to his computer he saw the email again and couldnt help but let his mind drift to thought about her again. Her, she went by the screen name of ‘Uptown Gal’ and was the only thing good that Max had in his life anymore. A huge grin found it’s way to his face when he saw her response and he wanted to sit down and reply immediately when he caught the time. Sighing he reluctantly closed down the email knowing her had back to back meetings today and that he had to stop by a shop Isabel had recommended to buy a very late birthday present for Tess. Another reason to add to the con list of why they shouldnt have gotten back to gether. For the first time in 4 years he had completly forgot her birthday and the worst part was he didnt really feel guilt abou it.

It’s going to be the longest day of my life Max thought to himself and then left his office.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 3

Post by Emz80m »

Part 3

Maria Deluca looked at the clock and sighed it was 4.30 and only another half an hour until closing time. Not that she had any big plans for the night anyhow, ever since leaving Roswell and potentially the love of her life she couldn’t bring her self to get excited about anything apart from the store. Liz was great and allowed her to pretty much run Uptown Girl the way she liked.

Maria’s thoughts were interrupted by the chime above the bell signalling that someone was entering the store. Looking up Maria almost gasped at the familiar person who was now standing in front of her.

‘Hi, Max what brings you here?’ she asked.

Max smiled at the familiar face, he wasn’t surprised to see her here after Isabel had told him that this was Liz Parkers store.

‘I’m actually here to buy a dress, is Liz around by any chance?’ he asked.

Maria looked at him curiously ‘Yeah she’s in the back, I’ll just go grab her’

Liz was working at her computer with a frown on her face when Maria entered the room. ‘Sorry to interrupt chica but the very delicious Max Evans is out the front asking for you’ she told her best friend with excitement.

Liz looked up at Maria with confusion ‘Max Evans?’

‘Yep, something about buying a dress and wanted to know if you were around’

Liz shrugged her shoulders and then got up to follow Maria into the show room. Her steps faltered when she saw him. He was still as breathtaking as he had been in high school. His face looked exactly the same and the only noticeable difference Liz thought was that he was wearing his hair in a shorter and spikier look that suited him to perfection.

‘Max!’ Liz called to get his attention; he hadn’t noticed that she had entered the room yet.

Max turned at the sound of his name and the voice calling it and his breath caught. She was absolutely gorgeous. He could see so many differenced in her since the last time he had seen her. Her hair was longer and styled, she looked more mature and her body, well it was mouth watering.

Liz smiled at his reaction to her, most people reacted similarly when they realised it was mousy Liz Parker they were talking to but she couldn’t help but be extra happy with the reaction she was causing in Max Evans. He would always be the one that got away.

Coming out of his daze he smiled ‘Hi Liz, it’s good to see you again’

‘You too, what can I help you with today?’

‘Actually I need to buy a dress for my girlfriend. I want something different to what she would normally wear and Isabel suggested you’ he told her.

‘Wow International Model Isabel Evans recommending me, I’m flattered, I would love it even more if Isabel would come in’ Lis realised she was rambling but she couldn’t help it. Something about Max Evans had always made her nervous.

‘Don’t worry. When she gets back to New York I have no doubt she will be here spending truck loads of money.’ He laughed.

‘So what sort of dresses can I show you?’ she asked

Max shrugged. He really didn’t have a clue what he was looking for he was just trying to get his crabby girlfriend of his back.

‘I’m not sure but we have this function to go to tonight and it’s formal’ he answered.

‘Excuse me, Liz if you don’t mind I have some errands to run so I will change the sign on the door and just take of for a half an hour okay?’ Maria interrupted.

‘Sure, go ahead’ Liz smiled in reply to her best friend. I really have to buy her something to let her know how much I appreciate everything she does for me Liz thought.

Pulling her mind back to the topic at hand ‘So Max what size?’

Max’s face fell, he had no idea ‘Um well she’s about your height but bigger, um everywhere I guess maybe buy a size or two’ he answered guesting with his hands.

Liz laughed ‘Okay what colour looks best on her?’

‘Well she had blue eyes so I guess blue’ he answered absentmindedly, all the while thinking about how great Liz looked in red.

‘So Max maybe if you tell me you your girlfriend I might know her or have seen her in the papers and can pick something appropriate’ Liz finally said. Max hadn’t given her much information to go on.

‘Tess’ Max stated simply.

Liz nodded her head and then went to get 2 dresses that she thought would be best. Max has said that he wanted something different to what she would normally where so Liz new straight away that anything he bought from her would be because she did make trashy clothes.

Liz picked 2 blue dresses and brought them over to show Max so he could pick which one he liked best.

Looking back and fourth between the dresses Max couldn’t really see too much difference between them ‘Which one do you think?’ he asked eventually.

‘Well I designed and made them both Max so I like both of them. It really depends on what type of look you are gong for.’ She answered honestly.

‘Can you show me?’

‘Show you?’ Liz asked confused.

‘Um would you mind trying them on and showing me what they look like’ he asked again.

Liz nibbled on her bottom lip. This wasn’t something people normally requested.

‘Well I don’t normally do this but since we’ve know each other since birth and I can tell you don’t have a clue I will take pity on you. Just give me a couple of minutes I have to find the right sizes’ she told him and then left quickly.

Max wandered around the shop while he was waiting for Liz to come out. He wasn’t sure what had possessed him to ask her to show him the dresses but he found his mouth opening and asking the question before he had a chance to stop himself.
Five minutes later Liz came out in the first dress. It was a baby blue satin material; it was strapless but cut very high above the breast making sure cleavage stayed in (another reason why Liz picked the dress). It was straight all the way down to her shins where it then flowed out and draped on the floor. Max couldn’t get over how beautiful the Liz was. The dress looked fabulous on her but try as he might he couldn’t imagine Tess in the dress or looking anywhere near as good Liz did.

‘What do you think of this one?’ Liz asked him. He was just standing there staring at her with his mouth open and it hadn’t started to make her feel unconformable.

Liz’s voice brought him out of his daze ‘It’s gorgeous but I don’t think Tess could carry it off like you’ he told her honestly with a small smile. Nodding her head Liz left to go and put the second dress on. She had thought all along that the second dress would be more suited for Tess.

The second dress was a dark blue with a layer off glitter chevon over the top. It did up around the neck where the material fell from all the way down to the ankles. The shoulder area was bare but unlike anything that Liz had ever see Tess in it was elegant and didn’t bare very much skin.

As soon as Liz walked into the room Max was staring again. The dress was perfect for Tess it would cover all the areas that she was always putting on display. Max noted that the dress was totally wrong for Liz but was very happy with the choice she had given him.

‘That one definitely’ he told her.

‘I thought you would say that’ she smiled at him and then left the room to change.

When she same back out Max was waiting by the counter with credit card in hand. ‘You’re either a fabulous boyfriend or sleeping on the couch’ Liz joked.

Max couldn’t help but laugh at the comment, ‘What makes you say that?’ he asked.

‘Well you are the first man who has ever come into my store to buy his girlfriend a dress, and because this dress is worth over $2000 and you haven’t even blinked’ she told him.

Handing over his credit card Max cringed when he heard the price. ‘That hurts’ he told her.

Liz smiled when she handed him back the credit card ‘you know I’m thinking about a men’s line soon. Suits and stuff maybe I might get you to return the modelling favour’

‘Sure, why not.’ He replied and then took the box and started to make his way out of the store. Turning back ‘Thanks Liz for everything’ he smiled.

‘Your welcome’ she called back as he left the store.

Poking his head back in the door ‘Oh and by the way. Max Evans never sleeps on the couch’ he then gave her a killer smile and left.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 4

Post by Emz80m »

Part 4

After Max left Liz quickly made her way into the office to finish up her paperwork and check her mail again. Groaning when she realised that she had to go to the PR function with Kyle tonight to act like his trophy girlfriend again.

But Kyle was quickly forgotten when she saw that HE had sent her another email

To Uptown Gal – from Alien King

I guess being comfortable is what we all are. I mean can we really expect a relationship to be passionate forever? I don’t know what to tell you except that if he doesn’t make you happy then maybe you shouldn’t be with him. Anyhow I have a tonne of appointments. Talk soon.

AK

Reading the email Liz couldn’t help but think that he was right. Liz had been dating Kyle Valenti for almost 2 years now. They had started casually seeing each other one summer and then when Kyle’s baseball career finally took off and he signed to a team in New York so that he would be near Liz. Ha Liz thought, the season spread over 9 months of the year and more than 6 months of road trips meant that she barely saw Kyle. It’s not that she wasn’t happy about that, it was just not what she wanted anymore. Since she had started talking with him on the Internet she realised how lonely she was and what was missing in her life.

Checking the clock Liz realised that she didn’t have time to respond because she needed to get home and get ready. Packing up her computer she made her way to leave running into Maria on the way.

‘Hey Chica where’s the fire?’ she asked

‘Sorry Ria I have to go or I wont be ready in time for when Kyle picks me up for the stupid PR thing tonight” she explained.

‘You sound so excited’ Maria joked.

‘Yeah well I’m a bit sick of being a rent a girlfriend’ Liz replied glumly, she gave Maria a quick kiss ‘gotta go but I will see you when I get home, early’

Liz and Kyle arrived at the PR party promptly at 7.15 and as soon as they walked in the door Kyle began dragging Liz around to meet all his team mates to introduce them to his girlfriend. After about half an hour and 15 rude men who were staring at her like she was their next meal and about 10 slaps in the back ‘with nice catch Valenti’ Liz had had enough. Excusing herself she made a beeline straight for the bar for a drink or anything that would make the night go quicker. As she reached the bar she couldn’t help but notice the very good-looking man leaning against it. Taking a seat next to him she ordered a glass of wine and tried to stop herself from taking another look at the Adonis sitting next to her. The wine was smooth as it went down her throat; she finished the glass in two gulps and was just about to order another when she was interrupted by the very sexy voice of the man she was sitting next to.

‘You really should slow down Liz’

Shocked that he knew he name she road her eyes to his quickly and couldn’t help the gasp that found its way out of her mouth.

‘Max’
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 5

Post by Emz80m »

Thanks for the feedback.. and i am sorry for the short part. Hopfully this will make up for it.

Part 5

‘Max there you are, I’ve been looking for you everywhere’ Isabel Evans sighed as she made her way towards her brother who was sitting at the bar. When Max didn’t acknowledge her she took a closer look at what she had found. Her brother Max Evans was sitting at the bar staring into the eyes of one Liz Parker who was staring back just as intently.

Isabel smiled at the picture in front of her, Liz Parker was exactly what Max needed to finally kick the gerbil Tess to the kerb.

“Isabel hi when did you get here” Max finally spoke. He hadn’t realised he had been staring so intently at Liz and he blushed, the tips of his ears turning red.

“Hi Max” she replied giving him a quick peck on the cheek. “Hi Liz. It’s great to see you again, congratulations on all your successes”

Liz was speechless, Isabel Evans, international supermodel congratulating her? “Thanks Isabel it’s nice to see you again too. You should drop by the store and see if there is anything you like” she replied with a smile.

‘That would be great. I was planning on coming by sometime next week anyway to see you. Would you consider making me a dress for the awards next month?”

“Love to”

‘So I see you and Max have caught up’ she grinned when she saw the two of them blush.

‘Yeah I was just attempting to drink the boredom away and Max here saved me’ Liz told her.

‘Really, how nice of you Max’ came a voice from behind Isabel. The three of them immediately turned their heads at the voice and saw Kyle and Tess now standing with them.

‘Valenti’ Max grumbled the greeting. It was no secret to any of the old school friends that Max and Kyle hated each other. They had always been in competition for everything during school and it appeared that nothing had changed.

‘There you are Maxie I have been looking for you everywhere’ cooed Tess making her way to his side possessively.

‘Oh really could have fooled us Tess. But it seems Kyle was taking very good care of you’ Isabel snapped.

‘Liz I’ve been looking for you too. There are some people we need to talk to’ Kyle told her and grabbing her arm in an attempt to move her away from her seat next to Max Evans.

Liz snatched her hand out of his grasp ‘No. Talk to them yourself I’ve had enough of being on display tonight’ she replied sharply and then sat back down.

‘Liz’ Kyle warned but Liz ignored him and turned her back on him ordering another drink so he stalked off.

‘So Liz I didn’t realise you were dating Kyle again’ Isabel finally asked.

‘Yeah if that’s what you call it’ she sighed.

‘Tess, you look nice for change. New dress?’ Isabel asked with a hint of amusement in her voice.

Tess grinned ‘Yes actually Max picked it for me, it was a birthday present’ she replied.

Liz couldn’t help but giggle she recognised what Isabel was trying to do it was obvious she still hated the girl as much if not more than she did in high school.

Max looked at Liz and gave her a guilty grin ‘Actually Tess it’s an Elizabeth so you can thank Liz personally. She picked it for me I didn’t even know what size you were’

Tess’s smile faded quickly and she looked over to Liz. Stupid Liz ‘Perfect’ Parker ‘Thanks Liz it’s beautiful, not something I would pick for myself but I love it’ she replied.
‘Well that style really suits you Tess maybe you should consider wearing a similar style more often’ Liz replied just as sarcastically, she didn’t like Tess Harding and she wasn’t going to pretend that she did. [What does he see in her?] she thought to herself.

‘Excuse me I need to you use the ladies room’ Tess bit back and quickly left, Isabel burst into laughter before she was even out of earshot.

‘God Liz you’re a riot’

‘Liz I’m ready to leave’ Kyle interrupted. He did not looked pleased she acknowledged but neither was she.

‘Oh so your ready to leave now?’

“Yes so if you want a lift I’m leaving now’ and turned on his heel and headed towards the door.

Sighing ‘Great to see you again Isabel, make sure you come by the shop soon’ she said giving the girl her card and a hug.

‘You too Max, it’s been too long considering we live in the same city’ she told him quietly while in his tight embrace. Both marvelled at how well they fit together, but then again didn’t they already know that?

‘Night’ she said again, and with that she left.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 6

Post by Emz80m »

Hi guys i am finally back with part 6. Sorry i am not posting quickly enough but i have another 2 fics on the go as well *S*

kitkat405 Thanks for reading

begonia9508 - there are no aliens in this fic at all *S*

Pegleg - the next part should offer some insight to Max and Liz in high school so stay tuned.

Part 6

The drive home with Kyle had been completely quiet when Kyle pulled over in front of Liz’s apartment building her turned towards her.

“Look Liz, about what happened tonight. I’m really sorry”

Liz nodded but remained silent, contemplating how to reply. She knew that the apology was meaningless that it would always happen again.

“Liz?”

“Listen Kyle I think that it’s time we stop playing games and be truthful here.” She replied.

“What do you mean?”

“Kyle I want to break up. This is not a relationship. I see you a couple of times a month if I’m lucky and we usually spend it with me on display for one of the many functions you insist on attending. That’s not what I want, this is not what I want” she responded gesturing with her hands.

“Don’t be ridiculous Liz. We both have busy lives. Bottom line we love each other right?” he replied looking at her for confirmation.

“No that’s not right Kyle. Not anymore. There’s nothing left between us so I want to stop pretending and start living my life” she undid her seat belt and opened the door.

“Good bye Kyle” and turned and entered her apartment.

“Evening Miss Parker” greeted the doorman as he opened the door for her.

“Hi Jimmy, listen Mr Valenti wont be stopping by anymore so can you let the others know that he is not to have access without calling the apartment?” she asked.

“Sure”

“Thanks Jimmy”

*~*

To Alien King – From Uptown Gal

Hey… was just hoping you might be there?

L

UG

Liz sat with her laptop on he knees in bed, she really needed to talk to someone right now but Maria wasn’t home.

“Alien King is online” chimed the computer and a grin spread on Liz’s face.

\Hey… \ Liz sent him.

\Hey yourself. What’s happening? How was your night?\ he replied.

Liz looked at the clock and realised it was almost midnight.

\Not as bad as I thought. Caught up with some friends I didn’t expect to be there which was nice. On the other hand I finally did it\ s

\Did what? ;-)\

\I broke up with the bf\

\Oh\

\Yeah I think that’s what he was thinking. It’s been over for a while I couldn’t continue on like that any longer\

\So hows it feel. U sad?\

\That’s the worst part. I don’t feel sad at all. I feel relieved\

\Well that’s probably a good indicator that you made the right decision\

\I know I did. So how was your night? \

\The same and I think I am finally ready to end things with my gf too\

\Really\ Liz smiled. Maybe they could finally meet.

\Yeah just got find a way to get her out of my house\

\Oh\

\Right now she’s passed out on the couch pissed with me because she reckons that I was flirting with another women tonight\

\Were you? \

\Well yeah sort of. But this woman has been on my mind for a really long time\ Liz frowned. He likes someone….

\Who is she? \

\Someone I knew from back home. We sort of had a thing once upon a time but I didn’t fight for it\

\Now you regret it? \

\God yeah. She’s so smart and beautiful. She has a boyfriend though\

\Oh well I know that feeling. The object of my obsessions for the past 5 years is also in a relationship\

\I don’t think that they will be together for very much longer though, she seemed really unhappy with him\

\Well you should tell her how you feel\

\You should follow your own advise\

\I think when you break up with your girlfriend we should meet\

Silence….

\Ok\
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N - Okay guys i never intended to post again so soon but i had it written and thought i should since it seems that i may have posted Part 6 twice. Sorry if that's the case. Anyway i hope you all enjoy the next part. Check out my other fics if you get time - Alien Hocus Pocus, Finding a King, and The Path We Take all on the AU Board or in Work By Author

Part 7

Max sat at his desk staring at the computer screen; he was finding it very hard to concentrate. His mind was consumed by 3 people, all completely different and all occupying his mind for different reasons.

He thought back to the conversation he had with Uptown Gal a few days ago, he had agreed to finally meet her after months of soul sharing conversations online. He told her things he never dared tell anyone else and knew that she could potentially be the perfect girl for him. Then there was Liz Parker, the beautiful sexy girl from his past who rocked his world to the core when she re-entered it a few weeks ago.

*FLASHBACK*

It was senior year and the whole senior class was at Pam Troy’s party. There was a lot of drinking happening but the main source of entertainment was in the living room where Pam had decided to liven things up with a session of seven minutes in heaven. There were ten people in the room Pam Troy, Kyle Valenti, Maria Deluca, Liz Parker, Alex Whitman, Michael Guerin, Tess Harding, Tommy Jones, Isabel Evans and me.

‘Ok guys the first to people for seven minutes in heaven are Tess Harding & Kyle Valenti” Pam squealed as she watched the two leave for the closet, Tess throwing a sorrowful look back at her boyfriend Max.

Seven minutes later they emerged both looking dishelved but trying to appear as though nothing had happened. “Okay Alex Whitman and Isabel Evans” Alex almost ran to the closet, this was a dream come true.

“Oh next it Tommy Jones and.. Well me” she smiled and then made her way over the closet with a smile.

When she emerged “Maria Deluca and Michael Guerin”

“No way am I going in there with him” Maria squealed. “Feelings mutual pixie” he mumbled and then pulled her in with him.

“So I guess that leaves Max and Liz” Tess sent a death glare at Liz.

When Michael and Maria finally emerged 10 minutes later and very crumpled Max and Liz entered the dark closet.

“So…” Liz said looking up into his handsome face with apprehension.

“So… how are you Liz?” he asked nervously. He couldn’t think of anyone else he would rather be in here with, including his girlfriend Liz had been dating Doug Shellow on and off during junior year, which is why, he had never pursued her and started dating Tess. She had been single most of senior year and he wished he had the courage to break up with Tess and ask her out he just didn’t think she was interested but when he saw her lick her lips he couldn’t hold back and longer.

Kissing Liz was as great as he had always imagined she tasted like strawberry lip gloss and when she ran her tongue along his bottom lip he couldn’t help but groan giving her entrance. Pulling her closer his hands found there way up the back of her tight shirt and began rubbing the sides of her breasts. They were both so caught up with each other that neither heard the knock on the door signalling that there time was up, instead Max gripped her bottom and lifted her against the door, her legs wrapping automatically around him.

“God Liz” he moaned when she started moving her hips against his very hard erection before taking her mouth again in a very passionate kiss. The door opening and Liz and Max landing on the floor, Max on top of her with her legs wrapped around his waist finally brought them out of there haze of passion.

“What the fuck do you think your doing?” screamed Tess.

Max cringed at her annoying voice and Liz blushed. Max got to his feet bringing Liz with him and keeping her close, not wanting to let her go just yet.

“Get your hands off her Max, how could you” Tess screamed again and when running out of the house.

“You should go after her Max. I’m sorry” Liz told him quietly.

“No Liz, Tess needs to learn that people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. I think we both know that nothing we did was any different to what went on in here with her and Kyle” he told her softly.

“Come on Lizzie we need to head if we want to make curfew” Maria interrupted them.

“Okay. Night Max I’ll see you on Monday”

Monday morning I saw Liz at her locker and was just about to go over to see her when Tess stopped me in my tracks. Liz smiled faltered and then she walked in the opposite direction. It was like seven minutes in heaven had never happened after that.

*END*

Max was broken out of his trip down memory lane by the voice of his secretary “Mr Evans you sister is here to see you”

Isabel? What would she possibly be dong here at 10 am in the morning “Send her in please” he answered and waited for her to enter the office.

“Well this is a nice surprise,” he said giving her a quick kiss and hug and gesturing for her to take a seat.

“Well I needed to talk to you privately and I wanted to do it in person” she answered.

“What about?” he asked curiously.

“I have been trying to avoid having this conversation with you Max hoping that you would make the decision on your own but I cant stand by and watch her humiliate you any longer”

“Izzy what are you talking about?” he asked confused.

“Max, Tess is cheating on you” she said bluntly “with Kyle Valenti”
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 8

Post by Emz80m »

Part 8

Liz sat is her studio sketching with a sense of freedom that she hadn’t felt in a long time.

‘What are you so happy about’ grumbled her other best friend Alex Whitman. Alex, Liz and Maria had been best friends since any of them could remember; distance unable to change that for any of them. Alex attended MIT across the city and was only months of finishing grad school.

‘I’m not sure, but it must have something to do with the fact that I finally broke up with Kyle Valenti last night and I am pretty stoked about not having to attend any of those boring sports nights again’ she replied with a little laugh.

‘Wow, you and Kyle finite. How did the parental units handle that?” he asked.

Jeff and Nancy Parker had never been more proud of their only daughter when she had started dating Kyle a few years earlier. There were very good friends with Jim Valenti and Amy Deluca and thought that they were an excellent match. Liz was sure that is her father thought that he could get away with it he would have betrothed them years ago.

‘I hadn’t given it much thought and don’t plan too. Crap’ she said looking at her watch.

‘I have to go or I am going to be late for my lunch date’ she told Alex while getting up and finding her shoes.

‘Whose the lucky person?” he asked.

‘Isabel Evan’s as a matter of fact’ she smiled when she saw the look of shock on her best friends face. Alex has always had a thing for Max’s beautiful sister, him and Liz spending many a night downing their pathetic existence in a tub of Ben & Jerry’s. Maria always believed they were strategising “That’s what you brainy people do” she had laughed.

‘You and Isabel Evan’s having lunch, since when?”

‘Um since I ran into that spunky brother of hers last week. She likes my designs and we’re having lunch to discuss a few business matters. I am hoping to convince her to model my line in Fashion week. I know she’s not normally a catwalk model but she could be, she gorgeous and a big name, people wont care. Besides the clothes are what’s important’ she finished.

‘Good luck’ Alex called as she ran out the door.

Max sat back in his seat in shock ‘how long?’ he asked his sister finally.

‘I found out a few months ago, I am not sure how long it’s been going on though. It seems like a while though’

‘How did you find out?’

‘I dropped by to visit you at the house after getting back into town early and noticed the unfamiliar car in the driveway. I knocked but no one answered so I just used my key. They were out by the pool’

‘That F*&$$#ing bitch’ he finally screamed. ‘And that worthless Valenti when I get my hands on him for treating Liz this way I swear to god’

‘Speaking of Liz I have to go, we’re having lunch’ Isabel smirked at her brother when she realised she had his attention again.

‘Are you gong to tell her?’

‘Only if I have too. I get the feeling that she wont need that information to get rid of him out of her life. But I will tell her eventually.’

‘Thanks Izzy. But next time tell me straight away’

‘There wont be a next time. End it quickly Max. We both know that she isn’t the Roswell girl that you want anyway’ she smirked.

‘I know’ he smiled at his sister. She always knew the right thing to say and even though he hates to admit it she usually knew what was best for him too.

‘Michael's coming into town next week. Don’t forget’ he called after his sister who was already retreating out of the door.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 9

Post by Emz80m »

A/N Sorry i dont post this story as much as i do some of my others i will try and fix that. I'm looking for a beta too if anyone is interested that might be following all my stories

Part 9

Max was sitting at his desk mulling over the information Isabel had given him and his secretary advised he had an important phone call.

‘Max Evans’

‘Max, it’s Ed Harding. How are things?’

‘Well that’s an interesting question Ed and I don’t think you would really like the answer to that so I wont tell you’ he replied. ‘So what do I owe the pleasure?’

‘Well Max I was hoping that I wouldn’t have to do this; I’ve been waiting for a while for you to come and talk to me about it. Max when are you planning on marrying my daughter. She was very upset last week when you forgot her birthday, she was so certain that you were going to propose’

Max laughed loudly at the comment.

‘Ed, I’m glad you called about that actually because you have saved me a lot of trouble’

‘Great Max, I’m so happy for you both’

‘No Ed. You can help me by arranging to have your daughter moved out of my house by 5pm tomorrow.’

‘What!’ exploded Ed Harding?

‘Oh I am sure princess has kept the exciting news of her new relationship a secret from you as well Ed. I myself didn’t find out until today.’

‘Stop talking is riddles Evans’

‘Tess is having an affair Ed. An affair with the boyfriend of a very good friend of mine, someone I care deeply for, an honourable women who unlike your daughter believes in monotonous relationships. Now I have put up with Tess for the last 6 months, I took her back after months of hounding by both of you. But no more Ed, no more.’

‘Max be reasonable I am sure there is some explanation. Let me talk to her and we will have this all straightened out in no time.

‘No Ed. It’s done. Tell her it’s over and get her out of my house because I don’t think I could stand the site of her right now’

‘Don’t you think after 6 years you at least owe it to her to tell her in person.”

‘No after 6 years Ed I think you owe it to me to get you daughter the hell out of my life’ Max argued back.

Ed Harding sighed into the phone ‘Okay Max. I’ll take care of it and will give your secretary a call when everything is all taken care of’

‘Thank you Ed. For what’s it worth aside from this last 12 months I did love your daughter. I just don’t like who she has become’

‘I understand that better than anyone Max.’

‘Good bye Ed’ and with that Max ended the call.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 11

Post by Emz80m »

A/N i know it's a bit small again but i am going to try and update more often on this fic.

Part 10

Max sat down and logged on to his computer hoping to catch her online. He needed to talk to someone right now to take his mind of the fact that Tess had called his office and mobile over 40 times in the past 2 hours.

“Uptown Gal is online”

\Hi\ he typed

\Hey yourself, didn’t expect you to be on? A little early for you isn’t it?\

\Yeah but I’m stuck at the office over night and needed something to occupy my time without the tv *L*\

\How come you are stuck?\

\I finished things with my girlfriend and I left stict orders that she was to be gone by tomorrow afternoon. She has already rang here 40 times since it all went down but I cant even bear talk to her at the moment.\

\What happened?\

\I found out she has been cheating on me, and the guy is the parter of someone I consider a very good friend. She will be devastated when she finds out unfortunately\

\This wouldn’t happen to be the friend from the past that you have feelings for would it?\

\Yeah! How did you know?\

\let’s just call it womens intuition\

\So where is your office?\ she asked him

\Um right in the heart of the city, why?\

\I live pretty close, do you want to meet for a drink?\

Max looked at the computer hesitantly \Sure, where??\

\Cheers? Do you know it? It’s down the road from the shop Uptown Girl\

\Yeah I’m pretty familiar with where that shop is\

\Really! They don’t really stock anything for you?\

\Yeah well I know the owner\

\What????\

\I know, I know please don’t get all star struck on me and yes I can probably get her to make you a dress\

\Um I’m pretty sure that I can get a dress made anytime I want but thanks for the offer\

\You know Liz?\

\You could say that *GRIN* \

\So this girl from your past she wouldnt happen to be someone we mutually know would she?\ Liz reluctantly typed.

\Hey i'm not answering your questions especially since you'll know my name soon lol\

\I’ve never asked you this before but where does your screen name come from?\

\Oh well its just something that makes me feel close to home. You still want to meet for that drink? I can meet you there in about 20 minutes?\

\Um yes I should be able to make it by then\

\How will I know it’s you?\

\What’s you favourite colour on Liz?\

\Um Red, why?\

\I’ll be wearing red then… see you in 20\

“Uptown Girl has gone offline"