Wrong Side of the Tracks - AU CC TEEN - Ch 24B [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Wrong Side of the Tracks - AU CC TEEN - Ch 24B [COMPLETE]

Post by linliz68 »

TITLE: The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Roswell AU

(Tess and Kyle is only in the story a little bit, I couldnt find a solid character for this story)

Rating: TEEN
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or any of its characters, I am simply borrowing them.

SUMMARY: Liz, Maria, and Alex are forced to move from small town Portland to the big city, New York with their parents.(Liz,Maria, and Alex are brother and sister) They start school at a private school where they meet Max, Michael, and Isabel. (Max and Isabel are brother and sister, Michael is their friend) Kyle and Tess are in the story only a little bit, I couldnt find solid characters for them, but they'll be in the story, periodically. There will be cursing....so if you dont like that, dont read it.

This is a work in progress, more parts to come....enjoy, need feedback.

*~*~*Part 1*~*~*

"Parker, hurry your ass up or we're going to be late," Maria, Liz's sister yelled.

"Slow your roll, Deluca," Liz shouted back.

Liz and Maria weren't blood sisters, but their bond was so strong, you'd think they were sisters.

"She's probably trying on every piece of clothing she owns," Alex, Maria and Liz's brother said as he walked downstairs to meet up with Maria.

"Great....Just great," Maria mumbled.

"I'm...all...set," Liz said as she made her way downstairs, wearing baggy jeans and a long sleeve black shirt with two white strips down the sleeves.

Maria looked her over once.

"After all that waiting, that's what you're going to wear," maria said sarcastically.

Alex pressed his lips together to keep from laughing, and to avoid a bruised shoulder.

Liz just rolled her eyes, and happend to glance at the clock. "Shit, we're late."

"You think?," Maria replied.

Alex, Maria, and Liz all got their bags and headed to the car. Alex was the last one out the door.

"Good-bye life, hello private school hell," Alex mumbled and closed the door.

"So exactly where is this school," Alex asked Maria and Liz.

Liz and Maria just looked at each other.

"Just turn left and you can't miss it," Maria said, acting cheerful.

"Ookay," Alex said slowly.

"Why did mom and dad think we need to be in a private school? I mean what did we do wrong?," Liz asked Maria and Alex.

Maria turned to face Liz.

"You really want an answer for that?," Maria asked back.

Liz knew the answer to why their mom and dad sent them to a private school, but none of them wanted to talk about it, so Liz just shook her head no.

They pulled into the parking lot, and after a few attempts at finding a parking spot, they found one.

"Let's get this over with, " Maria said, and got out of their car.

"Yeah," Liz said and got out of the car.

"Damn," Liz exclaimed.

Both Alex and Maria turned around and looked at Liz.

"What," Alex asked Liz.

"Look at that car, It's a 2004 Cadilac Escalade, with spinners," Liz said looking from the car to Alex and Maria.

"Oh great.", Maria began and looped her arm with Liz.

"All this means is that this school is filled with nothing but spoiled rich kids who dont know shit," Alex said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, lets go," Maria said agreeing with Alex.

They walked through the parking lot, up to the administration building. When they walked in, they saw a woman, mid-20s sitting behind a desk, typing away at her computer.

Alex cleared his throat.

"Excuse me?," Alex asked.

"Yes?," the woman said without looking at them.

"We're new, and were told to come here for our class schedules," Alex continued.

"Names," she asked.

"Liz Parker"

"Maria Deluca-Parker"

"Alex Parker"

She shuffled through some papers before finding the schedules.

"Here," she said and handed all three schedules to Alex.

"Thanks," Alex mumbled.

"MmmHmm," she said and waved her hand, dismissing them.

Alex opened the door and let his sisters go first. Once they were out in the hall, they shared their schedules with each other.

"That lady in there was a lot of help," Liz said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I know," Alex said quietly.

"Well, looks like we have first, lunch, and fourth together....not bad," Maria said happy to know she wouldnt be alone in some of her classes.

"Let's go and get this over with," Alex said and started walking in the direction of their first class.
Last edited by linliz68 on Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:34 pm, edited 36 times in total.
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

"The Wrong Side of the Tracks" Part 2

Post by linliz68 »

Sorry so short, I'm on a time limit....Longer part next...you'll love it I PROMISE.
FEEDBACK PLZ!!!!
PART 2

"Now class, I want you to do pages 12-17 in your workbook," Mrs. Stephans said. "And pass up your-" Mrs. Stephans was interupted by a knock at the door.

Mrs. Stephans opened the door. "Yes?"

"Mrs. Stephans, I'm Maria and this is my brother and sister; Liz and Alex. We're your new students.," Alex said and handed her their schedules.

"Oh well, please come in," Mrs. Stephans said and opened her door wider.

Liz, Alex, and Maria made their way into the classroom.

"Class, we have three new students today. They moved here from....," Mrs. Stephans trailed off because she realized she didnt know where they were from.

"Los Angelous," Alex finished.

"Yeah, we can tell," Tess Harding said.

"Now thats enough out of you, Miss Harding," Mrs. Stephans said.

Tess gave Alex, Maria, and Liz a look over and shook her head in disgust.

'Oh great, I'm not even here 5 minutes and already someone hates me' Liz thought.

"Well, since there arent any remaining desk, would you three like to sit at the back table for now?,"Mrs. Stephans asked.

"Sure" Alex said

"No problem" Maria said

"Thank you" Liz said and followed Maria and Alex towards the back of the room when Tess stuck out her foot and tripped Liz, causing her to almost fall when she felt strong arms wrap around her waist to catch her before she fell.Liz slowly looked up and blushed.

"Thank you, " Liz whipsers and pushes herself away from him.

"No problem," He says and holds out his hand. "Max"

"Liz", she says as she shakes his hand.

"Max?"

"Yeah...," Max replies with a smile.

"Could I get through," She asks matter-of-factly.

Max quickly moves out the way and sits down in his desk. "Sorry bout that"

"Yeah," was all liz could say as she made her way back to where Alex and Maria were and sat down.
(Bell rings ending 1st block)

"Class, dont forget. Pages 18-22 is due tomorrow.," Mrs. Stephans said as her class was leaving.

Maria, Alex, and Liz slowly made their way towards the door, when Mrs. Stephans stopped them.

"I'll have workbooks for you tomorrow. Have a good rest of the day.," Mrs. Stephans said with a smile.

"Now I know why mom and dad made us go to this school," Maria said low enough for only Liz and Alex to hear.

"Yeah," Alex said agreeing with maria.

Maria noticed Liz was quiet, which was normal, but something was up with her.

"Whats up, chica?" Maria asked looping her arm with liz's arm.

"Huh?" Liz paused. "Oh, nothing."

"Whats that girls problem anyways, I mean we just moved here." Alex asked nodding his head in the direction of Tess Harding, and what looked like her boyfriend.

Liz looked over and blushed again without realizing it, and just as quickly rolled her eyes when Tess looked over and gave her yet another look of disgust. Liz looked up again, just in time to see Max give her a smile and a nod. Liz blushed and looked away.

"Who knows what her deal is?" Liz said.

"So, we meet back here for lunch, right?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Maria said, letting go of Liz's arm.

"Sure." Liz said.
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

*************************PART 3**************************

Post by linliz68 »

Part 3

"God, it’s a good thing I brought my lunch. That food looks disgusting.", Maria exclaimed, as she, Alex, and Liz sat down to eat.

"At least its food," Alex mumbled, as he put his tray on the table.

"Whatever," maria said and rolled her eyes.

"At least the day is almost over with, I cant stand another minute with that girl," Liz said and nodded her head toward Tess Harding.

FLASHBACK

Liz walked into her 2nd block class just as the bell rang, and walked towards the back of the room, when she passed right by Tess's desk.

"Look what the cat dragged in.," Tess said as Liz walked by.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Why didn’t you pop her," Maria asked, giving Tess an evil glare.

"I'm saving my strength." Liz paused. "Besides, back-handing that 'Paris Hilton wannabe' is a waste of my time."

"You go girl," Alex said in a girly voice and gave Liz a high-five.

Both Maria and Liz busted out laughing.

BELL RINGS SIGNALING END OF LUNCH AND BEGINNING OF 4TH BLOCK

"Lets get this day over with." Maria said looping her arm with Liz's.

"Lets go girls," Alex said in a girly voice and started skipping towards the door.

"Alright class, settle down.," Mrs. Dunn paused and looked towards the back of the classroom. "We have three new students. Liz,...Alex,...and Maria"

"Now class how do we welcome new students?" Mrs. Dunn asked.

Everybody in Mrs. Dunn’s class applauded and several people welcomed them with nice greetings. Mrs. Dunn, like Mrs. Stephens, didn’t have any remaining desks.

"Would any of you be so kind as to share your lab table till I am able to get another one?" Mrs. Dunn asks her class.

The whole class is so quiet, you could hear crickets chirp. Slowly a classmate raised his hand.

"I will Mrs. Dunn."

"Oh thank you Mr. Evans."Mrs. Dunn replied.

Liz looked up to see who it was who offered to help them, when she locked eye-contact with Max. Liz felt an arm tugging at her.

"Liz, come on," maria whispered.

Liz waited till Alex and Maria walked past her and headed towards the table. She was glad and disappointed at the same time to see Alex take the seat right beside max. Liz sat down and pulled out her notebook and started writing everything the teacher was saying to make sure she took good notes. She was halfway through her second page when Alex passed her a slip of paper to maria who then gave it to her. She picked it up and slowly opened it and read it to herself.

‘Hi, from Max’

‘Should I write him back?’ Liz thought to herself. After a few moments of consideration, she put the paper in the back of her notebook and continued writing what the teacher was saying.

Alex again slid another piece of paper to Maria who then passed it to Liz.

Liz picked it up and read it to herself.

‘How’s your day so far? Max’

Again Liz put the paper aside and continued with her notes.

Alex slid yet another piece of paper to Maria who then passed it to Liz.

Again, Liz picked it up and read it to herself.

‘Mad at me? Max’

Liz felt herself getting annoyed and wrote him back.

‘No, but I am trying to concentrate.’

Liz passed it to Maria, who passed it to Alex who passed it to Max, and out of the corner of her eye, she saw Max read it and put it in his notebook.

***BELL RINGS***

"Thank god," Maria exclaimed.

Alex just laughed to himself, and Liz was getting her stuff together.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Dunn?"

"Yes," Mrs. Dunn replied and looked up from her desk. "Oh, Ms. Evans, hi. How can I help you?"

Alex glanced up and his jaw dropped. In walked a girl, who looked to be about 17. Alex couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

"About tonight’s homework, could I type the five page report?"

"Oh yes, it’s okay, Isabel."Mrs. Dunn replied with a smile.

"Ok thank you." Isabel said and was leaving the class when she saw several students still in class; She looked over at Alex and giggled.

Alex still had his mouth wide open, when Isabel smiled at him.

"I don’t think she finds drooling attractive." Maria whispered.

"Whatever,"Alex said and playfully hit maria in the shoulder.

"Let’s get out of here,"Liz says.

"You read my mind," Maria says agreeing with Liz.
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

~~PART 4~~

Post by linliz68 »

[size=18][/size]Part 4

(A FEW WEEKS LATER)

"Let’s get something to eat," Liz said walking behind Maria.

"You read my mi– ," Maria stopped dead in her tracks.

Two tires on the right side of their mustang had been slashed and there was a note on the when shield. Alex picked it up and read it: ‘Stay away from my boyfriend and go back to wherever you came from. If you know what’s good for you.’

"Now this is just great," Alex yelled and kicked the front, passenger side tire.

"Shit, how in the hell are we going to get home?!" Maria yelled, agreeing with Alex.

Max walked out of the locker room and headed toward his car, when he heard yelling. He walked toward the voices and saw Maria, Alex, and Liz. As he got closer, he could hear what they were saying.

"Dammit," Alex, again yelled.

"We’re not even here a month and someone does this. This day just keeps getting better and better," Maria says getting more pissed off as time goes by.

All this time, Liz is quiet.

Max slowly walked closer to them. "Car trouble?"

"No, go away," Liz said and walked towards Alex and Maria.

"Liz! What’s wrong with you? He can give us a ride home," Maria said looking from Liz to Max back to Liz.

"Because I know who did this, and there is no doubt in my mind, he was in on it, too," Liz paused. "And another thing, he just happened to be walking out to his car. No, its too coincidental."

"Wait, back up. You know who did this?" Alex asked, glaring at Max, then back to Liz.

"Yes, I do. And that’s why we don’t need his help."Liz said pointing at Max.

"Liz, what are you saying?" Maria asked.

"I’m saying the person who slashed our tires, is the same person who wrote this note," Liz said and held up the note for Max to see.

All Maria and Alex could do was just stare at Liz, as she walked toward Max and stopped a few feet in front of him.

"Tess Harding," Liz paused. "Your girlfriend."

And with that, Liz threw the note at him.

"How can you be sure?" Alex asked.

"Oh, please, her looks at us and I guarantee you, she read that pathetic note from 4th Block between Max and I."Liz said stating the obvious.

Max read the note, and not even two seconds later, wadded it up and threw it as hard as he could, which was pretty far. He recognized the handwriting anywhere, it was indeed his girlfriend Tess’s. How could he not see that?!

"Look, I had no idea," Max said.

Liz just scoffed. "Sure."

"Maybe Liz is right" Maria began. "About Tess."

"Yeah, but what Liz also said about Max makes sense. Its too coincidental that he just shows up when we find our car like this." Alex says avoiding eye contact with Max.

"I was in the weight room. I play football," Max said looking from Liz, to Maria, to Alex.

"Oh, a jock," Liz said. "I’ve had my share of jocks."

Liz stole a glance at Maria who was looking at her when she said that. Maria didn’t say anything, only nodded her head.

"So tell me, why should I believe your any different?" Liz asked looking at Max.

"I can’t," Max said.

"I knew it," Liz said.

"Look, you can stand there and believe whatever the hell you want to believe, but I’m gone," Max said and walked away.

Maria paced back and forth for like, two seconds then looked towards the direction Max was walking. "Wait."

Max stopped and turned around.

"I can’t believe I’m asking this," Maria began. "Can you give us a ride?"

Max looked at each of them slowly, finally stopping at Liz who had her back to him, and thought it over for a second.

"Get your stuff." was all he said.

linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**PART 5**

Post by linliz68 »

[size=18][/size]PART 5

The whole ride was quiet, with the exception of Maria saying thanks for giving them a ride home and the occasional time she spoke to max, giving him directions to where she, Alex, and Liz lived.

Max pulled in the drive way about ten minutes later, and cut the engine.

Alex hit Liz in the shoulder, signaling she should also thank Max for the ride home.

"Ow," Liz began, then looked at Alex who was motioning for her to say thanks to Max.

Liz rolled her eyes. "Thanks for the ride,"

Maria was already out of the car waiting for Alex and Liz.

"Yeah,"Max said and started the car.

Alex got out of the car and held the door open for Liz.

"Max, I’m–..." Liz began and saw Max looking like he didn’t care what she had to say and was ready to leave.

"Never mind. Bye." Liz said and got out of the car, slamming the door without meaning to.

Maria had let the front door open for them. Liz walked in with Alex behind her, slowly closing the door behind him.

"Maria?" Alex called out.

"Upstairs." Maria replied.

"Well, this has been one hell of a day," Liz said as she made her way upstairs.

As Liz made her way into her room she saw maria laying on her bed with her hands under her head. Maria lifted her head when she saw Liz come in.

"I honestly don’t know" Liz said siting at the edge of the bed.

"I mean, he was there when we found the car and he is a jock," Liz said quietly.

Maria sat up slowly and scooted towards the end of the bed beside Liz and put her arm around her sister and pulled her close. She knew why Liz was always so cold to guys, jocks in particular, but maria saw something different in Max. ‘Hopefully, in time, Liz will see it too.’ Maria thought.

"Hey chic, look at me," Maria said knowing what Liz meant by that.

Liz slowly turned her head to look at her sister.

"Max is not in any way like Justin," Maria said.

"You don’t know that."Liz said quickly, balling her fists into the bed sheets at the memory of her ex, Justin.

"And neither do you," Maria said and slowly got up from the bed, looking back to make sure Liz is okay. "Just sleep on it, and don’t think too much. It gives you premature wrinkles. Plus, we need all the strength we can get. That Harding girl won’t know what hit her."

Liz smiled only a little bit.

Maria left the room and breathed a sigh of relief. As she made her way downstairs, she saw Alex at the bottom waiting for her.

"How’s she doing?" Alex asked concerned, and also with a mouth full of pizza.

"Ok...I hope." Maria paused. "She just needs time. We all do."
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**PART 6**

Post by linliz68 »

[size=18][/size]Max?!"Isabel, his sister yelled as he slammed the door.

"What?!"

"Whoa, first of all, don’t yell at me, and second, what’s wrong?" Isabel said as she walked into Max’s room without knocking.

"Whoa, first of all," Max said imitating what Isabel had just said. " people knock when they come into someone else’s room and second, it’s none of your damn business." Max said as he looked up at his sister, rolled his eyes, and laid his head back down.

"Ah, I see. I take it you found out what Tess did."

Max just continued staring at the ceiling, without saying anything.

"Max?"

"She’s not even been here two months and Tess, my girlfriend, of all people does this."Max said making his hands into fists.

Isabel just looked at her brother and thought: ‘He’s really worked up about this.’

"Yeah, shocker."Isabel replied sarcastically.

Max just continued to stare at the ceiling.

"Don’t you get it Max? She thinks this Parker girl is competition, and today proved just how much of a bitch she really is." Isabel paused. "Now is the time she is showing her true colors. I don’t like her and you know that. I just don’t want to see you get hurt....Just keep your eyes open."

Isabel could tell her brother didn’t want to talk anymore, so she got up and pushed the chair back under the table and headed towards the door.

"Is...," Max whispered.

With her hand on the doorknob, Isabel slowly turned and looked at her brother.

"Thanks"

Isabel nodded and left the room, quietly shutting the door behind her.

(NEXT DAY)

"Parker, come on. I ain’t got all day," Maria yelled.

"Yeah, yeah," Liz said as she threw her bag over the stair rail, almost hitting Maria on the head.

"Hey...dammit Liz. Get your ass.."

"I’m coming," Liz said sliding down the rail all the way downstairs.

"Whoa, love the hair," Alex said nearly tripping over Liz’s bag.

Liz and Maria both burst out laughing.

"Thanks, Alex."Liz stated. "By the way, I’m driving."

Both Maria and Alex looked at each other cautiously, but said nothing as they headed outside and towards the car.

"Is there nothing good on radios these days?" Alex asked squeezed between Liz and Maria flipping from station to station.

"Yo, Alex reach back there and get my Eamon cd out."

Alex fumbles around looking for the cd, when he spots it under Liz’s biology book, he takes it out and hands it to her.

"Which song, Ria?"

"Girl, number 6....don’t worry Alex, you’ll love this song"

Liz rolls her eyes, and laughs. She pushes the cd in, and flips through the songs till she gets to number 6.

Go tell your friends...

Your friends

your friends

your friends

Tell them get off my dick....

My dick

my dick

my dick

They keep tellin you shit...

You shit

you shit

you shit

Go tell, I said suck my dick

Maria looked over at Alex, who was trying very hard not to laugh.

"Ok Liz, I think we’ve tortured him enough, put it on number 5."

"You got it."

Alex looked from Maria to Liz, back to Maria, wondering what number 5 was.

"Should I even ask what number 5 is?"

"Its called ‘Fuck you, I don’t want you back.’"Liz stated and pointed to the cd case in which maria was holding and reading.

Liz pulled into the school parking lot and parked in the very back, and just sat there with her eyes closed.

"Parker, we are at school, you do know that, right?" Alex asked.

"Give me a couple minutes."

"Okay but if your not in that school building in 10 minutes, I’m coming out here and dragging your butt to class and it wont be pretty."

Alex got out of the car first, holding the door for Maria, and closed it after she had gotten out.

As soon as Liz made sure they weren’t in view, she took out her binder and opened to the last page, where she had a picture of her and Justin together at one of his friend’s parties, he had his arms around her waist and his head on her shoulder and was smiling, like he actually cared, but she had been an idiot. Liz just stared at the photo and closed her eyes, and when she opened them again, she just happened to glance at the clock, which read 7:50. She had 10 minutes to get to class. She opened her door and froze when she heard a voice.

"Whoa"

Liz looked over at who she almost hit with the door and rolled her eyes. It was Max.

"Let me guess, you sensed I was actually happy for a moment, and decided to come over and ruin it."

"No, I just parked my car right beside you. It’s the spot I always park in." Max stated and caught a glimpse of Liz and some guy.

"Boyfriend?" Max asked and pointed to the picture.

Liz quickly closed her binder. "Not that its any of your business, but no."

Max only nodded. After a few minutes of awkwardness, Max spoke.

"Can I walk you to class?"

"Why not? After all, we are in the same class." Liz replied and started walking, without even waiting for him.

"Look Liz, I’m sorry. I honestly had no idea, I swear."

"Whatever."

"Liz..."

"Look, I do not care. I’m ova it. Look we’re partners in Bio right?"

"Yeah"

"Okay, so let’s just try and be friends. Just remember I don’t give out any 2nd chances." Liz finished, realizing she really did believe him and wanted to be friends with him, too.

They reached class with just a minute to spare.

"Here, let me get the door for you."Max said and opened the door for her.

‘Always a gentlemen’ Liz thought.

"Thank you"

As Liz walked to her seat, she passed Tess, who saw the whole ‘gentlemen’ thing.

"Skank"

Liz froze for about a second, and continued to her desk. As soon as she sat down, she laid her head on her desk. There was no way she going to be able to concentrate. Slowly her eyelids began to close and she began to dream.

******************************DREAM***********************************

"Come on, Liz." Justin, her boyfriend, said on his cell phone

Liz looked to Maria for support. "I can’t. Ria’s sick."

"Babe, please." Justin said yet again, in a sincere tone.

"I can’t. I’m sorry."

"Me too."Justin stated and hung up.

Liz also hung up the phone and quietly began to cry on Maria’s shoulder.

"Liz, you did the right thing."

"I hope your right." Liz said as she looked up at her sister, while tucking a piece of hair behind her eye, revealing a bruised eye and a cut lip.

"Cuz I can’t keep lying to mom and dad."

******************************END OF DREAM***************************

(BELL RINGS, WAKING LIZ)

"Babe, you ok?"Ria asked as they walked out of class.

"Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired."

"Okay, I’ll see you at lunch?"

"Yeah, I’ll see you there."

*THE SONG IN THIS PART IS NOT MINE, IT IS BY A SINGER CALLED 'EAMON'. *
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**PART 7**

Post by linliz68 »

Part 7

"Can I help you?" Mr. Jones, the principle, asked Liz.

"Um, you don’t have a Justin Carter enrolled at this school, do you?"

"I’m afraid I can’t give out that kind of information to students." Mr. Jones replied.

"Okay, so for bothering you." Liz replied and left the office and hurried to 2nd block, unaware of a mysterious figure watching her.

Liz made it to class with just a minute left, and made her way towards an empty desk in the back. The bell rang just as Liz was pulling out her books for class.

"Now class–.."Ms. Snow began, but was interrupted, when the class door opened and in walked a guy with spiky hair and a leather jacket, in his late teens.

"Mr. Evans, so nice of you to join us." Ms. Snow said. "Please...take a seat."

As the teacher said that, Liz’s head jerked up. As she realized it wasn’t Max, she breathed a sigh of relief.

‘Evans? Max’s brother?’ Liz thought. ‘How many siblings does this guy have?’

"Excuse me?" he said breaking Liz out of her thoughts. "Didn’t mean to bother you, but do you have some paper and an extra pen?"

"Yeah, sure" Liz said and dug through her bag for some paper and pen.

"Thanks. I’m Michael."

"Liz."

As soon as the bell rang, Liz gathered her stuff quickly and headed out the door, and ran straight into none other than Max, causing her to drop all her books.

"Watch where your..."Liz said, looking up, realizing it was Max who she had ran into. "Sorry. My fault.

"It’s ok. My fault too." Max said helping Liz pick up her books, handing her her last one.

"Thanks." Liz said and walked towards the cafeteria, to meet up with Alex and Maria.

Max started walking in the opposite direction when he noticed the same photo he saw earlier. He reached down and picked it up, and put it in his backpack, just as Tess, his girlfriend, came over.

"Hey baby." Tess said and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey." Max replied still looking in the direction that Liz had walked off.

"Looking for someone?"

Max jerked his head around, because he didn’t want Tess to know. Ever since the ‘tire incident’, things had cooled down, but it was like the calm before the storm. And he didn’t want anything else bad to happen to Maria, Alex, and especially to Liz.

"Oh no, just staring off into space."

Max noticed Tess was smirking. "What are you so happy about?"

"Oh, you’ll see." Tess said and looped her arm around Max and started walking towards the cafeteria.

Max opened the door for her as he always does, and noticed what Tess meant by ‘you’ll see’. There were pictures everywhere; of Liz, Alex, and Maria and right above the pictures were the words ‘if you see these dogs, call pound immediately’ Max couldn’t believe his eyes, just then he saw Liz go into the ‘serving line’.

"Babe, I’ll be right back."

Max left the cafeteria as calmly as he could. He had to get in unnoticed, but he couldn’t figure out how, Just then he saw Alex.

"Alex." Max said louder then he meant to.

Alex turned around, wondering who called his name and saw Max standing by the door, motioning for him to come over.

"Hey."

Alex realized it was dumb to have a yelling conversation, so he walked right over to Max.

"What’s up?"

Ignoring the question, Max knew he had to work fast so he said the first thing that came to his mind. "Where’s Maria and Liz?"

"Why?"

"Because..." Max paused, balling his hands into fists. "My girl...Tess has mean pictures of all three of you all over the cafeteria."

Alex just sighed. "Same thing happened at our old school."

Alex noticed Max was hurt, confused, and most of all angry. Alex couldn’t blame him, after all he felt the same way.

"Don’t worry. I’ll take care of them. Thanks for the warning." Alex said giving Max a pat on the back.

Alex, not feeling hungry anymore, put his tray back up, and began looking for Liz and Maria. He found them about to enter the main part of the cafeteria. Alex walked over to them, not knowing how he was going to how to tell them about the pictures.

"Hey." ‘Oh that’s great, Alex. Is that all you can say?’ Alex thought.

"Hey Al...are you ok?" Ria said, noticing that Alex was sweating.

Then it hit him, he’d fake sick.

"Yeah, I’m not feeling too good. I was wondering if you and Liz would walk me to the office." Alex said, holding his stomach. ‘I hope this works’

"Sure, let me go find Liz."

Maria went looking for Liz and found her at the salad bar. She told Liz what was going on, and immediately walked over with Maria to where Alex was. Liz and Maria each got on a side of Alex, and helped him maneuver him out of the ‘serving line’. Once they were out in the hallway, they saw Max standing against the wall, like he was waiting for someone. When he noticed Alex, who looked like he was about to pass out, he hurried over to him.

"Alex, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am." Alex replied, standing up all on his own.

"I don’t get it." Liz said looking from Alex to Max. "What’s going on?"

Alex looked to Max, hoping he would explain to them why he had faked sick, but Max just kept his eyes on the ground. Alex took a deep breath.

"Well, I was getting lunch when you guys, when someone yelled my name, turns out it was Max. It looked like something bugging him. So, when I went ova to him, he told me Tess, his no good girlfriend, was up to something again." Alex paused to catch his breath. "He did it out of concern for us."

Liz looked over at Max, who still had his eyes on the ground. Liz walked over to him and lifted his head slowly till he was looking directly at her.

"Thank you." Liz replied, and hugged him.

When she pulled away, an idea came to her. "I’ll be right back."

Liz started walking towards the cafeteria, when Maria grabbed her arm. "What are you doing?"

Liz turned back around, and with a wicked grin on her face replied "you’ll see."

‘Uh-oh’ Max thought. ‘This can’t be good’

"Guys, stay here. I’ll keep an eye on her." Max said and caught up with Liz.

"Liz, what are you going to do?"

"Look Max." Liz began, but stopped when she noticed how concerned he was for her, for all of them. She brought her hand up to caress his cheek, how soft his face was, and how natural it felt. "Thank you for what you did today, but this is something I have to do. I can’t keep running away. I have to stand up for myself, and for Alex and Maria....Wish me luck."

And with that, Liz walked into the cafeteria, leaving Max waiting and watching at the door. Liz slowly eyed the whole cafeteria to find Tess, when she spotted her surrounded by her usual posse. Liz took a deep breath and walked over to her.

"Well, well, if it isn’t a little lost dog?!" Tess said dryly.

"You know what Tess, you’re right." Liz paused and pointed to the poster of her and Maria and Alex. "But you see, dogs, like me as you put it are really better off."

"How so?" Tess asked, acting as she were remotely interested in what Liz was saying.

"You see, there’s a difference between you and me. Besides your bad attitude and poor style, there is one major difference." Liz paused, yet again, but this time got face-to-face with her. "I may be a dog, but I ain’t no bitch."

And with that, Liz walked away from Tess and back to where Max, Maria, and Alex were waiting for her.
[size=18][/size]
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**PART 8**

Post by linliz68 »

[size=18][/size]"Damn girl. I don’t know what you said to her, but her reaction was priceless." Maria said and gave Liz a high-five.

Liz also found herself smiling, which she hasn’t done in a good while. She glanced over to Max who had distanced himself from them. She walked over to him.

"Hey stranger." Liz said and stood up against the wall beside him.

"Hey."

After a few moments of silence, Liz spoke. "Max, I’m not sorry for doing what I just did, I had to stand up for Alex and Maria. And for me. I just don’t want you mad at me."

Liz ran her hand up and down his arm, finally stopping at his hand. Max opened up his hand and intertwined his fingers with hers. After a few moments of silence, Liz realized what was happening and slowly pulled away, losing the warmth, with which Max’s hand represented.

"I should go." Liz said and started walking slowly, towards Alex and Maria.

"Liz." Max said softly and reached for his back pocket, and pulled something out.

Liz turned around and watched as Max pulled what looked like a photograph out of his back pocket. She gasped slightly when she realized what it was. It was the picture of her and Justin.

"When we bumped into each other and your stuff fell on the floor, this also fell. I picked it up and tried calling out to you, but you were already halfway down the hall. So I figured, I’d wait till lunch, to find you and return it to you." Max stated and handed the photo to Liz.

Liz reached out and took it from him and realized she was angry. It was an honest mistake. It wasn’t like he went through her stuff and took it.

"Thank you for returning it to me."

Liz turned away and walked over to where Maria and Alex were waiting for her.

"Ready to go, chica?"

"Yeah, let’s go."

Liz, Maria, and Alex walked down the hall.

"What did Max want?" Maria asked.

"Huh?"

"Well, you started walking towards us, when you turned back around and started talking to Max for a few minutes."

"Oh that, he was just returning something to me that I had dropped when we bumped into each other earlier."

Not wanting to press on the subject, Maria just let that answer suit her, for now.

"Let’s get this class over with, so we can party this weekend." Alex said as he held the door open for his two favorite sisters.

"Thanks Alex." Both Liz and Maria say at the same time and laughed
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**PART 9**

Post by linliz68 »

PART 9
“Class, don’t forget your projects are due Monday. Have a great weekend.” Mrs. Bengal said as the students left the room.

“Let’s get out of here, and get something to eat.” Liz said.

“I feel you on that. Besides I didn’t have a chance to eat lunch.” Maria said putting her backpack on.

“Uh-oh.” Alex commented, keeping his voice low.

Liz stiffened and turned slightly, catching something out of the corner of her eye. A figure came towards her.

“Tess.”Maria whispered barely above a whisper.

As soon as Liz knew Tess was close enough, she made her comeback. “They let you out of the pound so soon.”

Tess didn’t reply right away.
“Do they actually laugh at that where you’re from?” Tess replied with a question.

“No, actually there would be a crowd gathering around her, cuz she’d be kicking your ‘Paris Hilton’ ass down.” Maria said, defending her sister.

“Whatever, if you bitches have had enough fun, I’d just like to say there’s a monster party tonight at the bluff at midnight.” Tess replied looking at all of them.

“The reason you’re telling us this is?” Alex asked.

“Cuz after I humiliate you and prove once and for all that you don’t belong here, I’ll just kick your asses back to wherever you came from.”

“We’ll be there, except it won’t be our asses gone, it’ll be yours, and your preppy boyfriend.” Maria said and took a step closer to Tess, but at the same time getting held back by Liz.

“Whatever.” Tess turns around and begins to leave the class. “Bye bitches.”
*************************************************************************************
Liz watched as Tess left the classroom, and wondered to herself.

‘Why would Tess invite us to a party. She hates us!’

“Liz, babe” Maria said interrupting her thoughts.

“Hmm?”

“I think it’s time we show her our baby.” Maria commented while wiggling her eyebrows.

Liz smiled. It was only last summer, all three of them had built the best race car anyone’s ever seen.

“Let’s go get her ready.”Liz suggested and was already halfway out of class, when Maria and Alex finally caught up to her.

“Whoa, whoa wait a minute. Tell me your not actually thinking about racing.” Alex said looking at Liz with a concerned look on his face.

“Well, not at the moment, but if it does come up. Hell yeah, I won’t back down.” Liz replied smiling.

“Your not serious.”

“I am. In fact, I’m gonna take her for a test drive. You guys wanna come?” Liz said, putting on her jacket and tucking her hair behind her ears.

Alex and Maria looked at each other, with worried looks on their faces, then back at Liz.

“Guys, don’t worry. I’ll be gone 20-25 minutes, tops.”

Alex looked away and sighed. “Okay, but be careful.”

Alex pulled Liz into a hug. After a few moments, she felt Maria’s arms hug her, too.

“I will. Don’t worry. I’ll be back soon.” Liz said and headed for the door opening it and walking through and closing it behind her, but not before hearing maria yell out:

“Call.....if you need anything.”
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**PART 10**

Post by linliz68 »

[b][size=24]Part 10

Liz walked around the front of the house towards the garage, the freshly fallen leaves crunching under her feet. She bent down and pulled open the garage door, and pushed it as far as her arms could reach. When she knew it wouldn’t fall and close on her, she walked into the garage, and slowly removed a slightly dusty gray tarp off of a car that looked like it hadn’t been drove in a very long time.

As soon as Liz finished getting all the tarp off, she reexamined "her baby" to make sure there were no scratches or that the tires had enough air in them, and finally popped the hood to give the engine a look over, to make sure nothing would happen to her or the car. She closed the hood and walked around it to give it the last lookover.

‘Damn. Alex, Maria, and I did a tight ass job’ Liz thought.

She remembered how it felt; the wind through her hair as she went over the 120 mph mark on the speedometer, the feel of changing gears and going as fast as she possible could. It was like floating on air. She passed by the driver side and ran her hand over the design Maria put on, a image of an angel flying. As she made her way around to the passenger side, she again ran her hand over the design she and Alex had put on, a image of a devil with an evil grin.

Liz bent down and lightly touched her freshly painted silver spinners. She got up and made her way towards the drivers side door. She opened the door, got in, and closed the door behind her. She took the keys out of her pocket and placed them into the ignition and started the car.

‘Here I go’ Liz thought.

She pushed on the gas lightly to get the car into first gear. She turned onto Murray Lane, and just looked at all the houses she passed by, which caused her to almost miss the stop sign. She squealed on the breaks, and just sat there for a few minutes. Liz turned her head to the left, and saw none other then Tess Harding, who was with some guy who was not her boyfriend. What she also saw made her gasp in shock, she saw Tess kissing this guy, and not just any kiss....a big making out type kiss.

Liz knew she had to get away before being seen, so she hit the gas and got the hell out of there. She knew she had to go somewhere to get some air, and that’s when she remembered the bluff. She drove as fast as she could there, thankfully no cops were out and had seen her. She made it to the bluff in 7 minutes flat, and pulled into a spot that would be easy to make a quick turnaround if she had to. She brought the car to a stop, and cut the engine. She opened her door slowly and stepped out into the warm air. She closed the door behind her and walked over to the hood and sat down.

She closed her eyes and envisioned being somewhere where she can be happy and free.

"Come here often?" a voice asked, interrupting her thoughts.

Liz instantly opened her eyes alert and looking around to find out who had said that, when she locked eyes with Max. She blushed and looked back out over the bluff.

"Actually it’s my first time being here." Liz replied quietly.

"Want some company?"

"Sure...I mean, if you want to."

Max smiled and stood beside her, shifting from foot to foot, feeling awkward.

"How come your not with your girlfriend?"Liz said breaking the silence.

"She called this morning, coughing, telling me she’s sick and has to stay in bed."

"Yeah, I bet she’s sick." Liz said, as the memory of Tess and some guy kissing came into her mind.

Max looked over at her, understanding why she would say that. After all she’d been through with Tess.

Liz shifted uncomfortably, knowing she should tell Max what she had seen, but not knowing how.

"Are you okay?" Max asked noticing she was nervous, and hoping it wasn’t because of him.

"Max, I...uh...saw something and I don’t know how to say it, without just saying it. All I ask is that you don’t get mad. I mean, I could’ve seen the wrong person and just assumed that it was..."

"Liz,"Max said taking her hands in his. "Nothing you say could make me mad at you. I promise."

Liz looked up at him and felt herself slipping into his hazel, brown eyes. She forced herself, after a few moments, to pull away and look down.

"Max, I saw Tess. She wasn’t sick." Liz said, slowly bringing herself to look at him.

"What are you saying, Liz?"

Liz took a deep breath. "I saw her with another guy...she was kissing him.[/size][/b]