Wrong Side of the Tracks - AU CC TEEN - Ch 24B [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

PART 11

Post by linliz68 »

HEY GUYS ITS ME. I'VE BROUGHT YOU A NEW PART, AND I NEED HELP ON CREATING A BANNER FOR MY STORY, I TRY TO COME UP WITH ONE AND IT, IN ALL OTHER WORDS, SUCKS.

IF YOU HAD ANY IDEAS, PLZ LET ME KNOW IF YOU CAN HELP, OR CREATE ONE. THANKS GUYS.
Part 11

Max looked away.

“You...you know I could’ve been mistaken. It could’ve been someone who looked like her.” Liz said quickly, not wanting to look up and see his facial expression.

Max still held onto her hand, but wouldn’t bring himself to look at her. He needed to think about what she just said, but couldn’t process a single thought, and Liz couldn’t think of anything to say to him, except for the only thing she could say.

“I’m sorry.”

Liz started to slowly pull her hand away, but somehow Max didn’t want to let go, so he held onto her hand.

“Don’t be. As shocked and as mad as I am, I don’t feel any anger or hate towards you; this is my problem.” Max replied and pulled her off of the hood and into a hug, not a tight hug, but a comfortable, friendly hug.

Liz was taken aback by what he had just said. She expected him to be angry and at the least yell at her for not knowing what she was talking about, but this reaction shocked her more then seeing Tess kiss some stranger.

Liz pulled away. “Thanks for not being mad at me.”

Max just shrugged his shoulders, when he looked over her shoulder and noticed the car she had been sitting on.

“Damn, nice car.” Max commented and walked around to give it a lookover.

“Thanks. Maria, Alex, and I built it last summer.”

Max looked shocked and impressed that her, let alone any girl knew anything about cars, other then there “cool”.

“Very artistic shit.”Max said grinning.

Liz couldn’t help the grin that appeared on her face, and within minutes she was laughing.

“What? Was is something I said?”

“Nice line, ‘And you, I’ll talk my cutter back.’”

Max also cracked a smile when he realized what she had said. Just the night before, he had fallen asleep to 2Fast2Furious.

“It’s awesome.”Max paused. “You race?”

Deep down he’d been hoping the answer be no, because he cared about this way too much and yet he had only known her for only a few months.

“Used to. I’m thinking if anyone’s got enough ba...” She paused rephrasing what she was saying. “I mean guts, I’ll race them tonight at the party.”

“Well, just let me know the time and place, I’ll take you.” Max said quietly, his voice low and full of lust.

Liz looked up and saw how glazed over his eyes were and blushed realizing she wanted him too. But this was not the time, nor the place. She walked back over to him and stood in front of him, so close, that she could feel him breathing. She took her hand and traced the lines on his chest over his shirt. She could feel and hear his breathing get ragged and knew she had to stop before she too lost control. She pulled him close to her.

“Watch out, because maybe I’ll you up on that.” Liz whispered and kissed him on the cheek.[size=18][/size][/quote]
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**PART 12**

Post by linliz68 »

Hey guys, I'm back w/a new part! YAY!! Just wanted to take a second and thank all the people who have read my story and have been there since part 1....here we go:

kittens-thanks for ur feedback

Michelle17-loved your feedback

roswellluver-Thanx chica

Behrsgirl77-Hey girl, thanks for all your help and your feedback.

Natz-Thanks for your feedback

LittleHottie510-I appreciate your feedback

scarlettlily-Thanks for staying w/the story all the way till now.

PinkDove-thanx for your feedback.

PhoenixFlamez-loved your FB

micheallover_1986-Thanx chica

XoXoDreamerXoXo-Loved your feedback

Lizza-Thanks for stayin w/the story, also.

rachelsroswell-I also loved your feedback, also.

Serenity-Thanks, Chica

adreamer-I loved your feedback, also.

Dreaming In Purple-Hey girl, thanks for your feeback that you promised, and thanks for catching up on my story, be on the look-out for more parts to come. And yes, tess will get whats coming to her.

cordyfan-Thanks for feedback

AznGurl87-Thanks for staying w/the story.

LDM421-Thanks for the feedback, and staying w/the story.

TatiLoca-It means a lot to me that you've read and liked the story and left feedback, tellin me you like it. Thanks!

I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A SPECIAL THANX TO BEHRSGIRL77. SHE'S BECOME MY BETA FOR THIS STORY AND HAS HELPED W/THIS PART, SO I MUST THANK HER FOR THIS. IT MEANS A LOT TO ME TO HAVE HER HELP, SO THANK YOU BEHRSGIRL77!!!

Now here is the part you've been waiting for: **Part 12**

[b]Chapter 12[/b]

Liz slowly backs away from Max, turns and heads towards her car, and stumbles over some big rocks. Just as Liz is about to hit the ground Max’s strong arms wrap around her waist, catching her before she falls. He helps her stand up and steadies her.

She turns around to thank him, and she realizes he still had his arms around her waist.

Max knew he should stop, but he couldn’t help himself. He lowers his head towards hers closing the distance between their lips, Liz lifts her arms in front of her and places them on Max’s chest then slowly backs away.

"Max, we can’t do this."

That’s when it hit him like a ton of bricks, he was about to kiss Liz and he still has his problem with Tess to deal with.

"God, I'm sorry. I didn’t mean-"

"Max, don’t apologize for what didn’t happen, because lord knows we both wanted it to happen." She turns on her heels and backs away heading towards her car once again.

"Liz?"

"Jus...Max this can’t happen."

"Why?"

Liz knows why but knew she couldn’t tell him. He wouldn’t understand. So she said the first thing that came to her mind.

"Because...you’re with Tess." She simply stated.

Max balled his hands into fists and slowly released them, realizing he shouldn’t be angry.

She saved him from cheating on Tess. Not that it matters; Tess probably had her tongue down some other guy’s throat.

"You’re right."

Liz breathed a sigh of relief. She almost had a similar scene between her and Justin at one time.

"I'll see you at the party Max." She reaches her car and opens the door, gets in and closes the door behind her. She sticks her head out the window to tell him,

"And thanks for catching me back there."

"No problem."

Liz pulls out and makes a quick u-ey, and heads back to the house to get ready for what is going to be 'One hell of a night'.

"Yo Maxie, what’s going on, bro?" Michael asks, walking into Max’s room, without knocking as usual. He finds Max lying on his back on his bed.

"Nothing. Just thinking." Max doesn’t move from his position to address Michael.

"Bout that Parker chick, or the bitch formally known as Tess?"

"Don't gloat if you already know the answer." Max rolls his eyes and shakes his head, while pushing himself into a sitting position.

"Hey, she wouldn’t be brunette bout 5"10, athletic, would she?" Michael walks closer to the bed and takes a seat next to Max.

"Yeah, why?"

"I was in the office, yes I was in trouble again, but that’s not the point. Anyways, she was asking if they had a Justin someone enrolled at our school."

Max’s turns his head to face Michael with an extremely confused look on his face.

"It's probably nothing. But in case it is, ask her about it." Michael shrugs his shoulders.

"Thanks man."

Michael pats Max on the back, before he gets up to leave the room.

"That’s what I’m here for."
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**PART 13**

Post by linliz68 »

After leaving Max, Liz drove off trying to get the thought of him out of her mind. They almost kissed and she had wanted to so bad but she knew it was wrong. The sound of her cell phone broke her thoughts.

*Ring, Ring*

"Hello?"

"Hey babe." Maria exclaimed perky.

"Hi, Maria."

"Could you do me a huge favor and stop and pick up a couple frozen pizzas and a 2 liter of Code Red?"

"And some chex-mix" Alex yelled in the background.

"Yeah sure why not? I ain't got nothin better to do."Liz replied sarcastically.

"Thanks, babe. I owe ya."

*Click*

'Great, Just great' Liz thought as she pulled into the local grocery store. She pulled her bag over her shoulder and got out of the car.

"Let's get this ova with." Liz murmured quietly to herself.

Liz made her way across the empty parking lot towards the store's entrance, pausing momentarily to look at the beautiful starry sky. It was only a moment, but the next thing Liz knew, she was on the ground and someone was yelling at her.

"Can't you watch where you're going? God?!" A male voice grounded out at her.

Liz got up, and dusted herself off. She offered her hand to him, but he just slapped it away.

"I don't need any help." He said and stood up. He immediately clamed up when he saw who it was, he was yelling at.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"Hey, it's not your fault." Liz interjected. "I wasn't looking at where I was going." Liz was babbling, and she knew it, but she didn't need this. She wanted to get Maria and Alex's things and get home in time to get ready for the party and see Max.

"Sorry for yelling at you." He paused, holding out his hand. "I'm Kyle."

Liz reached out and shook his hand. "Hi Kyle, I'm Liz."

Kyle stood there for awkwardly for a few minutes, shifting from foot to foot. "I should get going." He started walking away, but stopped and turned around one last time. "Sorry again for yelling at you."

"It's okay...bye Kyle."

After this, he turned around and looked to be heading home. Liz turned her attention back to getting the items her brother and sis wanted. It wasn't until she was halfway home, when she gasped out loud, but before she could get her thoughts together, her cell phone rang again.

Liz picked it up and annoyingly said "Hello?"

"Liz?"

"Max? How'd you get this number?"

There was a pause.

"Don't get mad, but I asked Maria if you had a cell, and if you did what was the number. I did it while you were dealing with Tess." He spat out quickly hoping she wasn’t mad at him.

There was yet another pause.

"I'm not mad. " Liz said and made a mental note to thank her sis for this moment.”

“Just surprised. Is everything okay?" She was still confused as to why he was calling her to begin with, not that she was complaining or anything.

"Yeah, why wouldn't it be?"

"Well, I honestly don't know Max. I mean you called me."

He had to admit she was right. "Well, honestly I just missed hearing your voice."

When she didn't say anything, Max thought he had overstepped his bounds with her, revealing too much of his feelings. He just silently prayed he hadn't said too much.

"I missed your voice, too." Liz whispered, but snapped out of her fantasy world, when in reality she was grateful for him calling her. "I am glad you called by the way, cause there's something I have to tell you."

"What?" He asked anxiously, what could she want to tell him?

"I think I know who that guy was, the one I saw with Tess."

"Oh..." was all Max could say. All this time, since they last saw each other at the bluff, he had tried to get his mind off Tess and some other guy kissing, but everything he tried had failed.

"Yeah, it was weird how I found out."

"Weird, how?"

"I had a run in with him, literally."

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He asked worriedly.

Liz smiled to herself, because of how much concern Max had for her.

"No, he didn't." Liz paused, knowing in her gut, she wanted to see him again, but knew it was selfish, but she also didn't want to tell who she'd seen with Tess over the phone. "I don't want to tell you over the phone. How ‘bout you come over to my house and we could talk?"

Max was taken aback; he didn't know what to say. He wanted to know who this guy was, but he also wanted to see her again. He knew it was wrong and immoral but he couldn't help himself.

"Yeah, I'll be there in about 10 minutes."

"Okay, see you then"

"Yeah," Max paused again. "Bye Liz."

"Bye Max."

T.B.C.......................................
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Hey guys I'm back!!

Post by linliz68 »

Chapter 14

"Maria? Alex?" Liz yelled as she opened the backdoor and looked around for them. She then turned around, closed the door and headed to the kitchen table to put down the bags of groceries. As she turned around, she nearly screamed. Standing there in front of her was her brother, Alex.

"God, Alex," Liz began, trying to catch her breathe. "You scared the hell outta me."

"Sorry, didn't mean to-" Alex stopped when he saw what he had been craving for. "Oh, chex-mix!" Alex walked around and took the chex-mix out of the bag and got his 'grub on.'

"Oh by the way. Max is here." Alex said with a mouthful of food.

Liz nearly dropped the pizzas she had taken out of the bag. Alex noticed this.

"You okay?"

"Hmm, oh yeah, yeah. I'm just shocked. I mean, I just got done talking to him on my cell."

Alex just shrugged his shoulders. "Well, he's in the living room."

Liz acted like she didn't hear her brother and went to put the pizzas away when Alex stopped her.

"Go see him, Liz. I'll finish this."

Liz put the pizzas down on the counter and slowly made her way through the kitchen and into the living room, that’s when she saw Max. He was looking at several pictures hanging above the fireplace. She also noticed he was wearing casual cloths instead of the usual 'letter jacket' and slacks. She stood there quietly, for a few minutes just observing him.

"Hey Max."

Max turned around and smiled. "Hey."

Liz walked over and sat on the couch, pulling her legs up to her chest, and resting her head on her knees. Without looking at him, Liz spoke barely above a whisper. "I didn't expect to see you here so soon."

Max had his hands in his pockets and was shifting from one foot to the other. "Well, I had some extra time, so I decided to just come on over. I'm sorry if I startled you or anything."

Liz smiled, but didn't let Max see it. She knew he came over, not to see her, but to know what she knew, and with that thought, she was slightly disappointed, but hid it quickly from him.

"So..how are you?" Max asked trying to make conversation, even though he knew what she had to tell him. He just wish he had gotten to know Liz before he had known Tess.

"I'm okay. You?"

"I'm good."

"That's good." Liz replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Look Liz-"

"Look Max-" They both say at the same time.

Liz took a deep breathe, and lifted her head for the first time since the conversation had begun and looked at Max, which was a mistake, because she instantly got lost in his amber brown eyes.

"First of all, I never meant to come between you and Tess, no matter how much of a bitch she is, and I know you need to know who this guy is. Can I just ask one question first?"

Max only nodded his head.

"Has she done anything like this before?"

Max took a breathe, not knowing how to put what he wanted to say in words. He figured the truth and however it came out, that be it. "Once. About a month after we started dating. But she told me, and we worked through it and I forgave her. Plus she promised she'd never see Kyle again and-"

"Wait! Did you just say Kyle?"

"Yeah, why?" Max asked, praying that the answer he was looking for wasn't Kyle.

***Flashback***

"Hi, I'm Kyle." He says and holds out his hand.

"Hi Kyle, I'm Liz." I say and shake his hand.

***End Flashback***

"The guy I saw, and the guy I ran into at the store was...was Kyle."

Liz looked everywhere but him. She didn't want to see the pain in his amber, brown eyes.
"I'm sorry, Max."

Max looked up at her and all the anger and sadness disappeared when he looked into her eyes. He moved closer to her, sat down, and put his arm around her. She laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

"It's not your fault."

After a few minutes of silence, Liz spoke, "Max, the party is tonight. What are you going to do?"

Max realized he hadn't thought about the party, since he had talked to Liz at the bluff earlier.

"I don't know."

After another couple of minutes of silence, the back door slammed shut. "Liz?!" Maria yelled.

Liz pulled away and yelled. "In the living room!"

A few minutes later, Maria walked into the living room, and was shocked to see Max there, also.

She thought Liz was alone or at least with Alex.

"Hey Max."

Max nodded his head. "Hey."

"Sup Ria?" Liz asked hoping to ease what felt like tension in the room.

"Not much." Maria looked at her watch. "We should be getting ready. It's almost time for the party that Tess told us about."

"Tess told you?" Max asked confused.

Liz looked like a deer caught in headlights. "She, uh, actually invited us."

"Oh, I see."

"Yeah, she wants us there to prove that we need to go back to wherever we came from." Maria added.

Max got up and stood beside Liz, his hand barely brushing hers.

"That's not going to happen." Max paused." Not if I can help it."

Liz stole a glance at Max then looked back to her sister. "I'll be a minute, Ria."

Maria nodded her head and began heading upstairs to her room. "Just remember babe, we got a party to get ready for."

"Yeah, yeah." Liz mumbled and turned to face Max. "I don't need a bodygaurd 24/7."

Max blushed, realizing how protective he was being."Sorry. It's kind of a habbit."

"Understandable."

Liz stood there awkwardly, till a yell broke the silence.

"Liz, don't make me come down there!!"

Liz silently cursed to herself, and still stood there, completely still.

"Well, I should go." Max said quietly.

'No! Stay!' Liz's mind screamed.

"Yeah, me too."

Max began to walk towards the door, but stopped. He then turned around and pulled Liz into a strong hug. Liz was shocked, but didn't push him away. Instead she just rested her head on his shoulders.

**Flashback**

It was pouring down outside and a flash of lightning lit up the room as Liz sat on the couch watching a rerun of S.V.U. She nearly jumped when she heard a knock, and realized someone was at the door. She slowly made her way towards the door and looked through the peephole, she breathed a sigh of relief. She quickly unlocked the door and opened it.

"Justin, what are you doing here? If my parents find out you're here, they'll kill you."

"I don't care. I had to see you."

Liz scoffed, remembering the fight they had earlier. "I bet."

"I'm serious. I feel like an ass for the way I acted today, and I'm sorry."

"So, you came running over here in a dangerous storm to apologize. Why not just pick up the phone and call me? That way, I could easily hang up on you." Liz said dryly.

"Liz" Justin pleaded with her.

Liz's only response to that was rolling her eyes.

Justin took her hand and brought it to his heart. "Liz, I love you and I truly am sorry. I just can't live without you."

Liz looked up and saw tears in his eyes. She took a step closer to him and he pulled her into a hug. "I love you and will never let you go. You're mine." Justin whispered and kissed her lightly on the forehead. "I'll never let you go."

**End Flashback**

Liz instantly pulled away, and tried to breathe. She didn't expect that memory, let alone any memory of him would sneak up on her, but it did.

"Liz, are you okay?" Max asked concerned.

Liz couldn't think. She felt like she was going to faint, but she forced herself to take several deep breaths and calmed down.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sure?"

Liz nodded her head yes, but her eyes gave it away. She was hiding something.

"Liz?"

"I'm fine, really." Liz paused and began walking to the door, with Max walking behind her. She opened the door.

"See you at the party, Max."

Max just looked at her and could see the hurt in her eyes and it took every part of him not to take her in his arms again.

"Yeah."

"Bye Liz." Max said and left.

"Bye Max." Liz whispered and closed the door.

'It's gonna be one hell of a night.' Liz thought to herself and headed upstairs where Maria was waiting for her.

T.B.C........................
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Hey

Post by linliz68 »

I am so sorry guys, it's takin me forever to type this and send it to my Beta and then try to find time to post....But here it is and Part 16 will be out by this weekend, I promise. I just wanted to thank everyone for reading this and giving F/B, I've never gotten this much F/B before, and I should let all of you know, I am plannin on writing a Z/L story after I finish this one. I hope you enjoy this part guys. Later

Part 15

"Alright Ria, what do you want?" Liz asked as she sat down on the bed.

The bathroom door opened and out walked Maria, wearing white hip hugger jeans and a red spaghetti strap shirt, carrying a jacket in her right hand.

"How do I look?" Maria did a "model walk.

"I'm speechless."

"Good cuz chica, you're next. Your outfit is in there, ready for you to put on." Maria pulls

Liz off the bed, and pushes her towards the bathroom. "Now go get dressed. We ain't got all night."

**5 minutes later**

"Maria, I am not coming out. I can't believe you actually want me to wear this. I mean these pants are cute, it's just the shirt."

"Oh please, your shirt covers more skin then mine does." Maria pauses. "Now get your ass out here."

The bathroom door opened slowly as Liz made her way into the room. Also wearing white hip huggers and a black sleeveless shirt that ties around the back of her neck.

"Girl, you own that outfit." Maria said giving a loud whistle.

"Hey, whose-" Alex asked walking into Liz's room. "Damn, if I'd known you guys were dressing like that, I would've worn a tux." Alex said while glancing from Maria to Liz.

'Looks like I'm gonna have to keep a close eye on these two' Alex thought, and looked around for Liz's alarm clock and saw that it read 11:50 P.M.

"We should get going." Alex said.

"Yes, lets. The sooner we get there, the sooner I can come home and change out of these cloths."

"Liz, don't worry about it. You look great. Doesn’t' she Alex?"

"Well-"

"Don't answer that. " Maria said cutting him off.
"Liz, babe, the party will be there. What's the rush?"

Liz pushed harder on the gas, changing gears when needed. The feel of the wind through
her hair made her push even harder on the gas.

"You know me. I've got the need for speed." Liz said as she rounded a curve, hearing

Maria scream and feeling her seat being pulled on by Alex. Liz realized she should slow down, not just for Alex and Maria, but also for herself. She slowly let her foot ease up on the gas and heard both Maria and Alex breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thank you." Maria said, Alex nodding his head agreeing with his sister.

"There it is." Alex said, pointing to a big bon fire with what looked like 20 other cars.

"Damn, it's only 12:05" Liz said.

"Parking is going to be a bitch." Alex said sighing.
Liz found a spot up close and quickly maneuvered into it. "You were saying, Alex?" Liz said as she cut the engine. The sound of music getting louder and louder with each passing minute. Liz opened her door and got out. The faint sounds of hip-hop filled the air, as Liz pulled her seat up, letting Alex out.

"Man this place is packed." Alex commented, as Maria got out of the car.

"Yeah, but that's the best part. The more people, the less likely we'll be to run into Tess." Maria said, shutting the door and putting on her jacket.

"Let's go shake our asses." Maria replied and grabbed Liz's wrist.

"Hey, let's make some kind of time plan. So we know when to meet back at the car." Alex suggested.

"Yes, I agree."

They walked past several cars, and the sound of hip-hop getting louder with every step they took.

'Now ery body in the club gettin tipsy. Ery body in the club gettin tip-sy.'

"Hell yeah, J-Kwon's 'Tipsy'" Maria yelled as she started dancing around Liz and Alex.

'Why am I even here?' Liz asked herself. 'I'd rather be home, in my room, curled up in front of the fireplace reading a book.' Just as the thought crossed her mind, she found herself swaying to the music. She decided to stay somewhat near the car, in case she, Alex, and Maria needed to make a quick exit.
"Hey Ria, I'm just gonna stay near the car."

Maria looked over her shoulder at Liz and knew her sis didn't like the whole 'party scene'.

"Okay. We'll meet back at the car at 1:30 to 2:00." Ria said glancing at both Alex and Liz.

"Let's go party." Alex yelled over the music.

"If you feelin like a pimp Ni-goin brush ya shoulder off. Lady, this pimp's too gone, brush
you're shoulder off. Ni- this is crazy baby forget what that boy told ya, get that dirt off ya shoulder."

Liz stayed at the car and began swaying to the music, first by moving her head from side to side. Then, by moving her waist. Then, her whole body started grooving to the beat. She was so into the music, that she didn't even notice a pair of soft amber eyes watching her, from a safe distance.

He decides to walk over to her. "Having fun?" He asks startling Liz. She turns around and breathes a sigh of relief when she realizes it's Max.

"Yeah, I'm actually having a good time." Liz pauses, noticing Max eye her outfit all the way to her shoes back up to her face. When Max finally brought his eyes up to look at Liz, he realized he was caught. He blushed and shifted from one foot to the other.

"So, are Alex and Maria here, too?"

"Yeah." Liz began searching the crowd, and finally spotted them, also what appeared to be Mark..no...Michael and some chick who Liz had seen before, but couldn't remember her name. "There they are. Isn't that your brother Michael?"

Max turned around. Finally, his brother had taken interest in someone other then a cheerleader and it appeared Isabel had taken a liking to Alex.

'Good for them.' Max thought. "Yeah, it appears my sister, Isabel, is liking your brother."
Max said, happy for his brother and sister.

"Shut up." Maria yelled over the music. "2Fast2Furious is way better then Cruel Intentions."

Michael rolled his eyes, but couldn't help feel attracted to her. "So, you're Liz's sister?"

Maria nodded her head, just then Usher's 'Burn' started playing. "Oh my god, I love this song!" Maria pauses and looks at Michael. "Dance with me."
Michael knew he didn't dance, but she was just so sexy, he couldn't say no. "What the hell?"

Maria squealed. "Great! Thanks!"

"Look at those two." Isabel said, nodding towards Michael and Isabel.

Alex looked shocked, was this beautiful creature, known as Isabel Evans actually speaking to him?

"Uh...ye-yeah."

Isabel giggled, she liked Alex, and he wasn't like the other guys she had dated in the past.

He didn't care about appearance, or popularity. He just cared about those close to him.

"I think..."

"Huh?" Alex said, not realizing she was talking to him.

She smiled when he realized she was talking and looked away embarrassed. "Would you like to dance?"

Alex looked like he had won the lottery. "Yeah, totally."

She held out her hand to him, in which he graciously accepted. She led him to where
Michael and Maria were.
Liz watched from a distance, and was happy that they had found someone and sad at the same time, because she wanted to feel happy again.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to grace us with her presence."

Liz stiffened, she was sick of this. She was going to put an end to this once and for all. "You know what Tess, I'm sick of your shit! Tess acted shocked, but just smirked.

"I'm going to end this right now." Liz paused and got face to face with Tess. "A race. I win, you leave Alex, Maria, and I the hell alone! You win, we'll go back to wherever we came from!"

"Whatever. " Tess simply said.

Liz said bitterly "I mean if you’re scared-"

"Bull!" Tess shouted out angrily stepping closer to Liz.

"Fine put your money where your mouth is.” Liz said face to face with Tess.

"Alright." Tess replied.

"Let's race” Liz stated, walking off, towards her car.

There are some songs in here, that are NOT mine and I thought it be best to give credit where its due:

J-kwon's "Tipsy"
Jay Z's "Brush ya shoulder off"
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

PART 16

Post by linliz68 »

PART 16

Hey guys I didn't send this part to my BETA, becuase this weekend has been so hectic, so I apologize for any mistakes, I hope you guys enjoy this part. And thanks to everyone for their wonderful FB!!

"Yo, I just heard that this new Parker chick is going to be racing Tess on Deadman's Curve." She paused. "Spread the word."

After that comment, news of the race spread like a wild fire.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Michael felt Maria lay her head on his shoulder, when this loud couple walked by them.

"Yeah, it's the parker chick, right?"

"Yep. She's going to race Tess."

"I hope she wins. I don't like that 'Harding bitch'."

'Parker? Maria's sister?' Michael thought.

"Mmm" Maria shifted and sat up. "Hey."

Michael smiled and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

"Yeah on Deadman's Curve."

"Hmm..." Maria said catching the passing couple's conversation.

"Michael, What's so special about Deadman's curve?"

"It's the hot spot for street racing." Michael replied.

"Is there a race there tonight or something?"

"Yeah, this couple walking by was talking about it and said that Tess was going to race....." Michael trailed off, because in that instant he realized it was Maria's sister that was going to race Tess.

"Who?"

"I'm hoping it's not who I think it is."

"Michael, you're not making any sense." Maria said looking confused.

"The couple that walked by, said that Parker girl is going to race Tess."

Maria's face went pale as a ghost.

"Oh god." Maria said and before Michael could say anything, she was on her feet looking and yelling for Alex.

Alex heard Isabel sigh as she laid her head on his shoulder, but as quickly as that moment came, it passed.

"Alex! Alex!"

Alex pulled away from Isabel and gave an apologetic smile. "I'll be right back."

Isabel leaned in and kissed him gently on the lips. "It's okay."

Alex smiled and took off for Maria. It only took a matter of seconds before he found her. "Whoa, whoa where's the fire?"

"Liz...Liz is" Maria tried saying.

"Maria, take a deep breathe and say it again."

Maria did what Alex said, and took a deep breathe. "Alex, she's going to race Tess."

Alex stood there speechless. "No, that's impossible. She's over there with Ma-" Alex stopped suddenly. "Where's Max?"

Maria made a complete 180* degree turn. "I don't see-" Maria paused and saw him by his car. "There he is."

Alex took off for him.

"Alex, wait!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Max passed back and forth in front of his car, he didn't know what to do. Tess and Liz had just left for Deadman's Curve. 'What am I going to do, I can't let them-'

"Ow, hey watch-"

"No, you watch it." Alex yelled. "Liz is racing! Why didn't you stop her?" Alex reached back ready to punch him when someone grabbed his arm.

"Alex, stop!" Maria said sternly. "This is not the way to handle this situation."

"He could've stopped her."

"And do you think she would've listened?! I mean, we both knew she would've gone anyways." Maria reasoned.

Alex contimplated hurting Max and lessened his grip and dropped his arm. "Sorry man." He then turned around and gave his sister a hug. "Thanks Ria."

"It's okay." Ria said as she let go of her brother and looked over at Max. "You okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry."

"Yo, Maxamillion, sup brother?"

Maria turned around and blushed. "Hi."

"Hey."

"I'm sorry for leaving so quickly...I had a situation."

Michael just shrugged his shoulders. "It's okay. I understand."

Maria smiled and felt stupid for forgetting why she was here. She then turned to Max. "Can you take us to Deadman's Curve?"

"Yeah, go ahead and get in." Max said and looked over at Michael. "Wanna come?"

"Sure. Want me to tell Isabel?"

"Tell me what?" Isabel said wraping her arms around Alex's waist.

"We're going to Deadman's Curve, Is."

"Why? Oh cuz o fthat race."

"Yes, and we need to go now!" Maria said as she opened the passenger door and got in. "Come on, we ain't got all day."

Alex followed Maria and got into the car, followed by Michael and Isabel, with Max the last one in. He started the car and backed out quickly heading for Deadman's Curve.

My story:
The Wrong Side of the Tracks

Coming soon:
Changing Destiny
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

PART 17

Post by linliz68 »

Part 17

Hey everyone, here is the part I know all of you have been waiting for and here are the links to the cars, if they do not load up good, let me know and I'll email them to you directly. I really hope you enjoy this part and thanx for sticking w/the story and most of you will notice that Liz's car is from 2Fast2Furious.

Thanks to Behrsgirl77, my beta, without you this story wouldn't be here.

Tess's Car

Liz's Car

"Now why are we going to Deadman's Curve?" Isabel asked, from the backseat. "By the look on your face Max, you don't want to watch that race."

Max just stared straight ahead, his hands tightly holding the steering wheel.

"Max?" Isabel asks again when she doesn't get an answer out of her brother.

"We're going to stop the race, not watch it." Alex replied looking out the window and avoiding the people in the car.

"Why stop it? Races are cool to watch." Michael said smiling.

Max's hands tightend on teh steering wheel, till they started turning white. Maria noticed this, and placed her hand gently on his. "It's okay, Max. We'll make it in time."

Max just pushed his foot harder on the gas.

"Why are we stopping this race?" Michael asked yet again after no one attempted to answer him the first time.

Maria took a deep breathe. "Because last time-"

"Maria, don't" Alex interuptted.

Isabel looked over at Alex, who was still looking out the window.

"Alex" Maria pleaded.

"Maria, no. It's in the past, and that's where it's going to stay."

"Fine."

Within a matter of minutes of no one speaking, Max pulled the car onto a winding road, known as Deadman's Curve. After a series of twists and turns, Max pulled into an empty parking lot and killed the engine. "We're here."

Maria was the first one out of the car, followed by Michael, Alex, Isabel, and finally Max. As soon as Max got out and shut the door, two loud sounding cars drove by, and stopped at a red light. They cut the engines and got out.

"Liz!" Maria yelled and started running, the rest of the gang not too far behind.

After several minutes of running, Maria finally caught up with Liz. "Liz what you are doing is crazy!" Maria exclaimed.

"I agree." Alex said grasping for some much needed air.

"Do you even remember what happend the last time you raced?" Maria asked.

"Yes, and it won't happen again." Liz opened her door, but it was slammed shut, by none other then Max. Liz was shocked at this, surely she thought he'd be on her side.

"You of all people should understand why I'm doing this." Liz said facing him.

"Me of all people?"

"Yes, you should understand-"

"Understand! Understand! Oh I understand all right. Yeah, I mean sure, go ahead prove your point and get yourself killed."

Shocked at what he had just said, Liz didn't think, she just acted on what she wanted to do. She slapped him.

"Don't you dare touch my boyfriend again." Tess said swinging Liz around.

Liz just smirked at her. "Or you'll what?"

Tess looked like a lion that was ready to pounce on its food, but didn't say anything.

"That's what I thought." Liz smiled. "Let's race."

"Your on." Tess said and started towards her car, then turned around and pulled Max into her arms and kissed him. Liz could tell Max wasn't enjoying the kiss, and felt bad for him, yet she could'nt help the smile that appeared on her face at the thought of Tess getting what was coming to her.

Liz opened her door and gave one last look to Alex and Maria. "It'll be okay. I promise."

Liz turned back around and got into her car, and shut the door. She had just turned the key in the ignition when she heard a knock on the window. She turned and watched as Max mouthed the words 'Be careful' and backed away, finding Alex and Maria and stanging beside them. Liz then turned her attention back to the race and saw Tess grinning like an idiot at her.

'Oh yeah' Liz thought. 'This is going to be so easy.'

Some chic walked out onto the road between the two cars and held what looked like a bandana. She waved it a few times signaling the race was about to begin. Within a matter of seconds, the bandana was dropped and Liz pushed down hard on the gas. The smell of burnt tires and the smoke only proved once again that Liz was as good as she said she was.

The first turn came, as Liz quickly shifted into the next gear, while pushing harder on the gas. She was slowly catching up to Tess.

Tess glanced momentarily in the rear view mirror at Liz, and realized it was a moment too soon. She almost missed the second turn, in which gave Liz an advantage.

"Too wide, bitch." Liz said to herself as she got side-to-side with Tess.

Tess and Liz glanced at each other for a split second, which gave Liz the advantage, when she pushed her NOS button on her steering wheel. The extra force was enough to knock the breath out of her. Thank god for her seatbelt and for past years of racing experience.

'Final turn' Liz thought and turned the steering wheel hard to the right. She make a quick look in the mirror and smiled. She knew that this race would be a piece of cake. She could feel the finish line creeping closer and closer. She didn't even realize Tess had made her way side-to-side with her.

'It's fine with me if she wants to make herself think she's as good as me, it just makes the race that much more interesting.' LIz thought to herself. Only in that instance when she crossed the finish line, she felt like a weight had been lifted. Not only for herself, but for Alex and Maria.

As she skitted to a stop,and cut the engine, did everything come back to reality. I would no longer be 'Liz parker, the individual', I have now become 'The girl that kicked Tess's ass in a race.'
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

PART 18

Post by linliz68 »

*~Part 18~*

If there are any errors, it's my fault. I didn't send this to my beta so if there are any errors, let me know. And I'd like to thank the following fans of the story:

stargrl678-Thanks for reading

MilesToGo99-I'm glad you like this story

Behrsgirl77-You will soon, and thanks for being my BETA!!

sydneymorgan-Thanks for reading

maxgrl-I'm glad you enjoy this story

Lizza-Thanks for reading

XoXoDreamerXoXo-Thanks for reading

OmegaRam1-I'm glad you like this story

roswellluver-Thanks for reading

LittleHottie510-I'm glad you like this story

cordyfan-I'm glad you like this story

AznGurl87-Thanks for reading

Dreaming In Purple-I'm glad you like this story

rachelsroswell-I'm glad you like this story

scarlettlily-Thanks for reading

LDM421-I'm glad you like this story

Michelle17-I'm glad you like this story

Serenity-Thanks for reading

adreamer-I'm glad you like this story

rachelsroswell-Thanks for reading

PinkDove-I'm glad you like reading this story

PhoenixFlamez-Thanks for reading

micheallover_1986-Hey girl, thanks for reading this story

Natz-Thanks for reading

kittens-Thanks for reading

TatiLoca-I'm glad you like my story

kitkat405-I'm glad you find this story interesting

sydneymorgan-Thanks for your FB

smac-I'm glad you like this story

Lady Scorpio-Thanks for reading

force-Thanks for the FB

LizGeurin-I'm glad you like reading this story

Strawbehrry Shortcake-Hey girl, I'm really glad you like this story.

mrsjbehr-Thanks for your interest in my story

The_Geruin_n_Parker_Whore-Thanks girl.

Liz took a deep breathe preparing herself for reality outside of the 'Peacefull Existance" known as her car. She slowly opened the door and got out, but was almost pushed back into the car by the crowd that surrounded her. She could see Maria and Alex making their way towards her.

"Great job."

"You beat that bitch."

"You rock."

It was all she heard as she made her way through the crowd towards Alex, and Maria, but with everyone congradulating her it made it almost impossible to reach them.

She then felt an arm grab her and pull her through the crowd much faster. Liz didn't even realize who was pulling her untill she was with Alex, and Maria and that it was Max who had saved her from the crowd.

She then looked up at him and saw concern, relief, and something that she also was reflecting in her own eyes, but quickly shook it off as the reality of the situation set in. She looked away quickly, and put on a fake smile.

"Hey guys, what I tell you?" Liz replied. "Piece of cake."

"Yeah, Yeah." Alex mumbled.

"Alex, I'm fi-"

All of a sudden Liz was pushed into Alex by someone.

"Whoa, Liz are you okay?" Alex asked catching Liz in his arms.

"She won't be for long." Liz turned around as Tess's comment set in, but didn't have enough time to think as Tess brought her hand back and slapped Liz in the face.

Liz appeared shocked, but regained her composure and took her hand and backhanded or in Liz's words "bitch-slapped" Tess. It was about to get into a full blown fight, two pairs of strong arms which wrapped around their waist and pulled them apart.

"Alex, why the hell did you do that. I could've kicked her ass."

"And it's been how long since your last fight?" Maria chimmed in.

Max caught that comment and decided he'd ask her about it later, but now he had to focus on Tess.

"Are you crazy?"

Max looked bewilderd.

"I needed to teach that bitch a lesson."

"She's not a bitch. She has a name, Tess, and it ain't that. It's Liz." Max yelled at her. All the anger over the last few months finally came to the surface.

Tess appeared shocked. "Your defending her?"

"Tess, ever since she has moved here, she has been nothing but nice and someone who would never hurt anyone. Especially someone she loved." Max made sure he stressed the last part of what he had just said.

"I should've known you had a thing for her."

"I'm surprised you could know anything, while you have your tongue down something else's throat!"

Tess went white as a ghost, but didn't say anything to what Max had just said.

"Yeah, I know." Max yelled. "I know about you and Kyle. The same Kyle you promised you wouldn't see after you told me you loved me. Or was that a lie too?"

The whole time, Kyle was a few feet away, listening to the whole thing.

Max couldn't stand looking at Tess any longer, so he made the only decision he felt was left for him.

"You know what, we're done. Crawl back to Kyle. I can't even look at you right now."

Michael and Isabel saw the whole thing, but said nothing as he got into his car, and took off in the direction of his house.

"Great, now how are we supposed to get home?" Isabel asked exhausted.

"We could take you home."

Both Michael and Isabel turned around at the sound of a fimiliar voice. It was Maria, with Alex standing beside her.

"Liz doesn't like the whole party scene, and Alex and I are tired. So, we could take you home and we won't take no for an answer."

Michael and Isabel glanced at each other momentarly.

Isabel just sighed. "Sure, whatever."

Michael shrugged his shoulders and pulled Maria into a hug. "Thanks, babe."

Maria felt like a bar of chocolate, that has been in the sun for too long and was melting. She loved being in his arms.

Isabel rolled his eyes and sighed. "Let's go already."
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**Part 19**

Post by linliz68 »

Part 19

"Thanks again for taking us home." Michael said following Maria back to her car.

"God, what time is it anyway?" Isabel asked annoyed.

"Time for you to get a watch." Michael said playfully putting his arm around his sister.

"Oh, ha ha." Isabel replied sarcastically.

"Well, since Alex doesn't want to drive and Liz is tired, I'll be driving. Now I might not be that good with directions, I'm good at driving, so no worries."

"Somehow I don't feel so happy bout that."

Maria turned around and smacked Alex playfully in the stomach. "I resent that."

Maria looks around. "Where's Liz?"

Alex nodded towards the car. "She's already inside and let me warn you, she's tired and you know what happens when she's tired and not actually asleep."

Maria only nodded her head.

"What? What happens?" Isabel asked, her interest suddenly peaked.

"One word: cranky." Alex said and opened the door, and pushed the seat up so Isabel, Michael, and himself could get in. After they were all seated and comfortable, Alex pulled the seat back which allowed Maria to get in. She turned the key and backed out, careful as not to hit any other car. Maria pulled out and headed back into the direction of her house, knowing Michael would give her directions to his house.

Events from the day flashed into Liz's mind as she closed her eyes, with the faint feeling of a headache trying to rear its ugly head.

"Babe, you okay?" Maria asked, looking at Liz. She remembered what Alex told her bout being tired, so she just assumed she was sleeping.

"She okay?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, she's just tired."

"Make a left here." Michael said.

"Okay." Maria said as she made a smooth turn. As she made the turn, she noticed all the houses on the street looked like they were made for millionaires.

"It's the house with the black Escalade in it." Isabel said dryly.

"Damn, that was your Escalade!" Maria exclaimed.

"It ain't that special."

"Well, it's not like our family is made of money, so excuse me." Alex said getting angry.

"Would you guys cool it? It's been a long night and what we all really need is rest." Michael said.

"Thank you." Maria whispered.

"That's it right up ahead."

"Okay." Maria said and pulled into a driveway at least half a mile wide and pulled up behind the black Escalade that Isabel had been talking about and turned off the engine. "Here, get out on my side. I don't want to wake Liz up."

Maria got out, and pulled the seat up and allowed Alex, Isabel, and Michael out. Michael being the last one out pulled the seat back, allowing Maria to just easily sit back down.

"Thanks." Maria replied seeing what Michael had done for her.

"No, thank you for the ride home." Michael said and pulled Maria into a hug and kissed her lightly on the lips. "I'll call you later."

"Maria, let's go." Alex said watching Maria watch Michael and Isabel make their way into their house.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Max, are you in here?" Michael yelled as he shut the front door. After no response, Michael headed upstairs towards Max's room and walked in, without knocking. "Hey."

"Doesn't anybody know how to knock?" Max asked looking at the ceiling, and not at his brother.

"Doesn't look like it, but if you find someone who does, let me know."

Max didn't say anything just kept looking at the ceiling. "I can't believe her."

"Who? Liz?" Michael asked, surprised that Max was actually talking after about 10 minutes of silence.

"No, Tess. I mean, she cheated on me once and I forgave her. She promised me she wouldn't do it anymore. She promised me!" Max said getting angry.

"Oh...the Kyle thing?" Michael asked.

"You knew!!"

"Chill Max, Isabel and I saw the little conversation between you and Tess."

"Arghh," Max said covering his face with his hands. "I can't believe you saw that."

"News flash Max, everyone saw."

"Even Liz?"

"That I'm not so sure. After you drove off, Is and I had to get a ride from Maria and Alex said Liz was back in her car, exhausted from the events prior to what happened between you and Tess."

Max breathed a sigh of relief.

"She could've just heard it instead."

Max just groaned. "I'm a complete asshole."

"You think?"

Max rolled his eyes and hit michael with a pillow. "Why couldn't I be with-"

"Liz?" Michael asked finishing Max's sentence for him.

Max sat up to where his back would be against the wall and hit his head against the wall for a couple minutes. Then finally sighed. "Yeah."

"Max, I love ya, I mean you're my brother, but your hurting and I don't want you to do something you're going to regret. Just take some time and think it through."

Max looked at his brother with a shocked expression on his face. "When did you become so smart?"

"Dr. Phil, that man will talk you to death, but some of his shit makes sense."

Max suppressed a laugh. "Thanks man."

"No prob. I'm gonna go. I need my beauty sleep." Michael said grinning.

"Yeah but it ain't gonna happen over night."

Max was laughing so hard, he didn't realize what Michael was doing till it was too late. "Oww."

"Yeah, but you deserved some sense knocked into you." Michael paused. "Night bro."

"Night."

T.B.C..............

Stories:
Wrong Side of the Tracks

Coming Soon:
DJ Play A Song for Me
Last edited by linliz68 on Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linliz68
Enthusiastic Roswellian

**Chapter 20**

Post by linliz68 »

**CHAPTER 20**

A light tap on the shoulder woke Liz up, that and the sound of Maria's voice. "Babe, we're home."

Liz groaned and got out of the car and walked into the house without even talking to Alex or Maria. She made her way upstairs to her room, walked in and shut the door with her foot. She pulled off her pullover and just laid down from exhaustion, but she didn't fall asleep fast enough.

A light tap on the door, startled her and realizing that the events earlier that day did happen. She tossed back around to find a comfortable spot when the door creaked open.

"Liz?" Maria whispered.

Knowing she wouldn't be getting any sleep anytime soon, Liz sat up and mumbled. "Yeah."

The door opened wider and Maria walked in and quietly closed the door
behind her. "Some day, huh?"

Some night." Liz said agreeing with her sister.

"Yeah, God maybe we should've never moved here, but then again I
would've never met Michael. Oh, he's so....."

"Hey look at me I'm a bad ass wannabe." Liz finished for her.

"No." Maria smiled and hit her sister with a pillow. "He's actually a nice guy and heaskedmeout."

"Whoa, pause and rewind. What did you just say?"

"He's a really nice guy?"

"Yeah, nice try sis." Liz said.

"Aghhh...fine, he asked me out and if my ears serve me right, Alex actually used words to form a question and asked Isabel out." Maria
squealed.

"I'm speechless."

"Yeah, I know. Me, too." Maria said and noticed that Liz hadn't brought up the subject of Max, so Maria thought she'd break the ice. "Any word on Max since the whole cat fight?"

"Actually not since you and Alex dragged me away."

"Well, you do remember your last fight or should I remind you how you got a black eye, a busted lip, two bruised ribs, and not to mention a mild concussion. And that's what he did to you."

Liz winced as the memories of her and Justin's last fight. "Hey I got a couple of good hits off."

"Yeah, considering he needed 6 stitches in his head and couldn't walk because of the blow to his 'Sensitive area.' "

"Yeah well, it doesn't make a difference-"

"Liz." Maria began. "It does make a big difference. His ass is gone, and besides I think Max's ass is much, much cuter. Don't you think?"

Liz's face turned red from embarrassment and laughed. "No comment."

"You like him, don't you?"

"No." Liz said defending herself. "And even if I did, what are the chances he's going to be just another Justin?"

After that comment, Liz laid back on her bed and tried to avoid the headache she could feel coming.

"He's not, believe me. Remember I'm a vibrator."

Liz began laughing.

"Wha-eww get your mind outta the gutter."

"Hey you said you're the one who called yourself a vibrator."

"Yeah well." Maria said trying to defend herself. "I meant I could read people's vibes."

Liz threw a pillow at her sister. "Mmm Hmm sure."

Maria threw it back and saw Liz yawn. "Get some sleep. You need it."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Night girl." Maria said and began to leave her room.

"Night."

Maria opened and shut the door behind her and went onto her room. Alex had just got done talking to Isabel, leaving him extremely tired as he fell asleep as soon as he hit the pillow, and if you were to pass by his room, you'd stop and smile, because he had a grin from ear to ear.

Liz was finally getting ready to get into bed when she heard her phone ring. She turned back around and went over to her bag and pulled out her cell phone and flipped it open.

"Hello?"

"Hey Liz."

"Max? What happened? Are you okay?" Liz asked beginning to get worried.

"Whoa, slow down. I'm okay."

Liz breathed a sigh of relief. "That's good to know. I was worried."

"Good to know someone cares."

"Max, are you sure your okay?"

Max sighed and rubbed his temples.

"Max, you there?" Liz asked beginning to panic.

"You wanna go someplace, anywhere just to talk?"

"What?" Liz asked completely off guard. "Max, that's crazy, Its almost midnight."

"Please Liz, we won't be gone more then an hour. I promise. I just...I just need someone to talk to."

Liz mentally kicked herself. She knew she shouldn't be doing this, but after hearing the plea in his voice, she caved.

"Okay, I'll get changed and wait for you. Just flash your lights so you won't wake up Alex or Maria."

"Okay" Max said already getting into his escalade and starting it up. "And Liz?"

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

"No problem. I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Bye Liz."

"Bye Max."

Liz groaned as she tossed the phone on the bed and walked over to her closet and pulled out her favorite blue hoodie and slipped on her K-Swiss running shoes and as quietly as she could she left her room and skipped every other step down towards the living room. As her feet hit the floor the room was engulfed in a white light. As soon as she had seen it, it'd disappeared. Liz smiled as she thought of how many stop signs or stop lights he ran. 'Just to see me' she thought as soon as she opened the door carefully not to lock it, so she'd be able to get back in. She quietly closed the door and ran quickly to his car and got in on the passenger side.

"I didn't expect you to be here so soon, I just got done changing and was walking downstairs when you flashed your lights."

Max chuckled. "I guess I was in kind of a in a hurry."

He happened to glance at what she was wearing. "Are you cold?"

She was wearing shorts, a hoodie, and running shoes. He didn't know how cold it was considering he had a jacket on.

"So, where do you want to go?"

Liz knew what she was about to say was wrong but she couldn't stop herself. "Actually would you mind staying here? We could go up to my room, pig out, and watch movies. I mean we don't have to talk, we could just hang out."

Max actually liked that idea. It'd be better because the only other place he could think of was the bluff, and he knew that they both didn't want to go there. "Sure. That'd be cool. Do you think Alex and Maria would mind?"

"Not unless they wake up or we give them a reason to wake up." Liz smiled.

"What did you have in mind?" Max asked huskily, wiggling his eyebrows.

Liz froze as a bunch of 'not so clean' thoughts passed through her mind. She finally realized what was happening and part of her screamed for her to 'stop' and the other part screamed 'screw it and screw him'.

"Why don't you come on up and find out." Liz whispered and slowly got out of the car, purposely giving Max a view of her ass.

Max got an eye full and wasted no time in getting out of the car and even beating Liz to the door. Liz silently gave herself a high-five as she passed by Max and slowly opened the door, checking to make sure no one was up and motioned for him that the coast was clear. He quietly came in and closed the door and began to follow her up the stairs.

"And this is my room." Liz whispered as she opened her door and turned on her lamp beside her bed.

"Wow, it's not what I expected." Max said and sat in a chair beside the fireplace.

Liz scoffed. "What were you expecting, pink bedspreads and stuffed animals?"

Max laughed. "Yeah, pretty dumb, huh?"

Liz rolled her eyes. "Yeah."

Everywhere Max looked he noticed something new. From the sports jerseys that could be seen from her practically closed closet door to an Allen Iverson poster which looked like it had been autographed.

"Is that an autographed poster?" Max asked getting up from the chair to examine the poster closely.

"Yeah, a..uh..friend got me his autograph as a birthday present. I've been meaning to get rid of it."

"Why? I mean, he's a great player."

"I just don't like it, okay!" Liz said ruder then she meant to.

There was a reason behind that poster and it was in the past and she wanted it to stay there. It was a part of her life she wanted to stay buried, so instead of focusing on her, she wanted to focus on him.

"So, did you have fun at the party?" Liz asked totally blanking on what to talk to him about.

"Ugh, don't even get me started." Max said as he flopped down on Liz's bed.

"Ouch. That bad?"

Max sighed. "Yeah."

"Oh, feel free to spare no details. I mean, this is our time to chill."

"No, I want to," Max began. "I mean, I feel like I can really talk to you, and not feel stupid about it afterwards. It's just being popular is nothing but an excuse for everyone to medal in my life, and let me tell you it sucks. It's a basic routine of kissing ass or getting my ass kissed. Both of which, I would not recommend."

"Wow, I guess I should be happy with being invisible." Liz said as she reached for matches to start a fire in the fireplace.

"I wish I had that luxury."

Max placed his arm underneath his head.

"I don't. I can't change what kind of status I have. I don't like being
judged by people who think they're higher then me. " Liz replied as she backed away from the fire as it got more intense.

"Is that why you moved?"

Liz froze, but regained her composure, so she wouldn't cause Max to ask any type of questions relating to why she moved here, but unknown to Liz, was that Max caught that sudden pause. He knew every time he mentioned something about her past, she'd shut down and talk about something else.

"We decided we needed a change. Besides other non important situations, my father also figured a change in schools would be better for me..I mean for me, Maria, and Alex."

Max eyed her for anything out of the ordinary and saw she wasn't looking him in the eye, like she usually did. 'She's avoiding me.' He thought. At that moment, he made a snap decision. He made his way off her bed and towards her, sitting in front of her, and used his finger to lightly push her head up, so she'd be eye-level with him.

Max then leaned in and lightly brushed his lips against hers. When she didn't push him away, he brought his hands up to cup her face, silently asking for permission to deepen the kiss.

**Flashback**

The sting of the slap set in, moments after he hit her. With tears in her eyes she forced herself to look at him. It was then that his _expression
softened.

"Oh baby, I am so sorry. I just don't know what I'd do without you. I can't lose you. I won't lose you." Justin said as he pulled her into a hug.

"You're mine."

**End Flashback**

Liz pulled away from Max almost instantly and looked away, not wanting him to see the tears in her eyes.

"I'm so...sorry. I...I" Liz said as she began to cry.

Max saw the pain in her eyes and knew he didn't want to ask what had caused her to pull away. He knew then that he couldn't leave, not until he knew that she'd be okay.

"Shh...It's okay. You don't have to tell me."

She held onto him like a life preserver.

Max then began rubbing her back trying to soothe her. After a few minutes, her breathing evened out and he knew she had fallen asleep. He then carefully picked her up and placed her on the bed and placed a kiss on her forehead. He turned to leave when something caught his eye. It was the poster of Allen Iverson.

'To my baby from Justin'

Max looked back at the beauty sleeping on the bed peacefully. ' Who is this Justin guy and what'd he do to Liz?'

As Max left her house, there was only one thought in his mind the whole drive home. 'I hope she tells me soon, because I think I've fallen in love with her.'