The Story of My Life (CC, Mature) - Chapter 75 - Completed: 04/25/2021

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Story of My Life (CC, Mature) - Chapter 69 - 04/12/2021

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Busted!
Liz and Maria want this whole deal over with.......
Zack was caught trying to sneak out....feeling guilty that Tess caused much of this mess.
When the parents arrived, they found Olivia alone.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

The Story of My Life - Chapter 70 - 04/14/2021

Post by Parker1947 »

And they were incredibly selfish Olivia could not help think as she sat and watched at the adults take into the turn of the events. “Before you ask. I do not know why Alex went with them, except I figure to keep his sister out of trouble because Amelia is just asking for yes, trouble” she muttered as it was very clear that her friend was looking for something that made sense and was smitten with Zack and because of the obvious events of the evening. Amelia was not going to allow Zack to walk away after losing Greg to his not wanting to be around her, or Roswell, and picking another country over her.

“Are you okay?” Liz asked her daughter as she and Olivia were taking some alone time as the other mulled a new direction for the night.

“I am fine Mom,” Olivia promised. “I am just annoyed they elected to leave me here, and that Alex actually went with them” she muttered.

“Because I expected it of Zack sure, and even from Amelia. But Alex, that is something quite different.”

“He probably wanted to protect you?” Liz murmured as she looked at her best friend who now did not know where both of her kids were, and what trouble they would be finding themselves in now, that they were all on alone, with someone who wanted to run from the law, because of the rap he was taking for someone else.

“It’s stupid,” Olivia muttered. “This whole thing is also stupid,” she sighed as she wished to go home, and back to that normal life she had been so bored with that she had to confuse everything, and change what she had, and now she wanted it back.

“Yes, it is” Liz said as she looked over at her friend once again. Michael was currently on the phone. “I cannot believe Alex was getting his friends to bring you tips?”

“Technically his friend is the one who spotted Amelia and Zack, and brought the tip to Alex, and Alex came to me and we came racing,” she sighed. “Alex did not ask his friends to do any of it.”

“It opens up a lot of risk,” Maria muttered as she was listening to the conversation. “But that is what my kids seem to want with their life.”

“Well, I want us to go back to normalcy,” Olivia sighed. “I want my normal life back?”

So, do I Liz thought but then she glanced over at her husband who was pacing along with Michael as they were both on a conference call with Serena. But Liz also knew if things went back to normal, then that might mean she would not have Max in her life, because he did not have to tell her, but she knew he was going to sacrifice himself to protect her and Olivia by the end of this.

I have loved that man for nearly twenty years she told herself. I know when he is going to take the bullet for me, she sighed to herself. And that was what she was fearing when this was all over.

Losing Max again…

Across the room, Michael was grunting as he let in Kyle who was joining the fun as he opened the door and at the same time listened to Serena who had lost track of Barker, Predictable he muttered to himself as there was a stop on the call. “Serena, what is it?” Michael was muttering into the phone as he nodded to Kyle. “Yes, there is a television here, why?” he asked again. “Tell me, what is it?” he sighed. “Fine, we will call you back.”

“Turn to channel 47” Michael muttered. “Serena would not tell me what it is,” they said as they turned on the television and continued to watch.
“We have shocking footage that was given to us by a concerned citizen,” came the female newscaster, “And we have been allowed to play it...You are Zan. The son of the rightful King of our home planet; Antar” and Michael went pale as the words played out, and he knew it was the tape that he and Alex had found in Zack’s motel room, and that he had seen that the authorities collected when they first searched Zack’s room and removed Shit, he said out loud.

“What is that?” Max asked as he clearly had not seen it and wanted to faint when he saw Tess’s face on the television screen.
Michael was unable to comment before the newscast continued to destroy their worlds “The woman speaking” came the newscaster “is said to be someone who died when the army base exploded on the outskirts of Roswell, New Mexico in May of 2002.”

Oh god the room said as they watched in stunned silence as they watched as their lives got exposed. “These last few days we have been telling you the tale of a missing prisoner from the federal penitentiary up north, and we can now identify him as Max Evans. And there is a link the case of the Roswell runaways. A boy and a girl who ran away some twenty-four hours ago. Well, it has been discovered that one of the runaways, the boy, Zack Mason is said to be the biological son of Mr. Evans. As he was born to the prisoner when he was a teenager and given up for adoption just prior to the explosion. The child would be adopted by Tony and Jennie Mason of New York, and he came to Roswell in March to seek information on his birth family. Zack’s biological mother, Tess Harding was killed in the same explosion that Mr. Evans confessed to, and the one that sent him to prison for the last nearly seventeen years before disappearing a few days ago,” said the newscaster. “Mr. Evans is married to Elizabeth Parker and has been since May 2002 and they have a sixteen-year-old daughter, Olivia. Ms. Parker and her daughter have been living in Roswell since her husband went to prison, and since her daughter was born the following February. Mr. Evans was also convicted in the assault of his then girlfriend, as they would marry after the incident that took place. Ms. Parker Evans did not want to testify and in recent weeks have been trying to get court approval to see her husband as she has refused to divorce her husband. As I have indicated, their daughter Olivia was born the February after the conviction. We are told he did not know he had a child with is wife. As he had not seen them until just recently when the daughter went to visit her father in prison. We also can say the son that he placed up for adoption is suspected of helping free his biological father…” they said. “Also, the Sunshine Project set up by Isabel Valenti who is the missing prisoner’s sister is said to be working on the case… Trying to get her brother out of prison which I am told the government is working to prevent because they believe they got the right person for the army base explosion since Mr. Evans confessed to the crime.”

Holy Shit the gang said as they truly were exposed. “What is that tape?” Max asked again, and this time as the television program continued.

“Tess left it for Zack,” Michael muttered. “One of the reasons he came to Roswell,” he sighed as he thought of what they had found in the motel room.

“What was she thinking?” Max asked.

“When was she thinking?” Maria muttered snidely as they tried to figure out where to go now, and now to find the kids. “We would not be where we are today if it was not for Tess,” she muttered. “Maybe our kids would be safe?”

But that was unclear as the woman on the telecast started to speak to the audience. “We have been able to attain footage that shows that Mr. Mason has been showing signs of remarkable powers. And so, has his biological half sister, Olivia Parker. A name her mother gave her to hide her paternity.”

Bullshit Liz muttered. “I did not hide anything. It was always there upfront, but I wanted to protect Olivia was this salacious and unwarranted news intrusion,” she cried as Max took her in his arms as he never would blame her for the fact that his daughter did not have his name because anyone watching Olivia knew she was his daughter. And that he and Liz shared a child together, but it did not help that it was clear they had gotten some phone video taken by an unknown friend of Olivia.

“You did what you did to protect our daughter, yourself” Max said as he continued to embrace a deeply emotionally angry Liz, I want this nightmare to be over, but she knew that was unlikely now the public had evidence that her family was unusual.

“Shit” they said in unison as the newscast continued with the unedited version of the fall that had been leaked years before as they had to live through Max and Liz falling from the ground once before, but this time, we see a green a shield that tampers Liz’s fall.”

“Oh my god” Olivia said as she had not seen this footage. Only the one of the government lawyers edited and gave to the court to convict her father. “You really did save her?”

“Yes,” Max murmured. “I would have died for real if she had not survived and been given a chance. Not only because it was your mother who saved my life that day, but she is the only one I wanted in my life” he murmured as he kissed his wife. “I was nothing without you.”

“I needed you to live,” Liz murmured.

“We are still going to have to explain how you came to come out of that window,” Maria muttered. “There was no footage of before the fall” she murmured as it was clear the media had just opened Evans family to very intrusive questions about who they were “They will want to know why that you can crackle green energy.”

“The government has made us sitting ducks” Michael muttered as he knew they had been the ones to leak the material because while it showed that Max saved Liz from the fall, and that Liz brought him back. Still, it made them seem like they were unnatural and illegal aliens. “Which we are, but how are we going to explain that we are just as normal as every other person in the world. We just have different abilities than the average person.”

“Are you insane,” Agent Dave Barker was barking into his phone as he drove towards the town that had the ones he was seeking, and he was getting closer. But he had been stopped by the unauthorized leak to the press, and he had streamed the newscast from his phone. So, he was forced to take a hiatus from the driving to watch what was said on-line. And it got him talking to his home office. “Give me a break. Someone did this. I do not care what you say that no one knows,” Dave muttered. “I was getting close and the last thing, I need now is for the media to cause a mob and it to impede my hunt?” he sighed. “I do not care who it was not Susan, but it was someone there in my office. Because there is no way the media could have gotten the story if someone at the office, who did not have the evidence we found, and if they had not leaked it,” he muttered as he was started up the engine of his car again “No, this does not help us because it puts a target on those kids” he thought of the Mason and Parker kids.

This was the last thing Barker needed.

“I do not care if you think no one will believe it and they think it is all Hollywood illusions,” Barker muttered because he did not even know if he even believed it. No one could be that special or have that kind of abilities he muttered to himself. “This is Planet Earth, not outer space” he told himself.

But it is 2019 so anything is possible he knew and knew not to discount evidence of something bizarre. Even if those words indicated that the kid’s biological mother had a serious mental issue to talk about Kings, and other planets.

But he did not need the citizens of the state riled up to think that they can catch a few bucks by taking some freaks down…

There were always questions he knew of the case. All the way back to the green field his predecessors had removed from the footage. Now exposed to the whole world. It did make things look different. As it was evidence Parker’s fall was tampered, and she did not have full impact, and it was like Evans was horrified by what was happening, and he took the brunt of it when he could have saved himself, but he did not, and took the fall for himself. While Parker was seen giving him a “good-bye” kiss and then he wakes up.

And they go off with a newcomer to the scene, a blonde. Maria Deluca now Guerin he was told. The woman who would be the other of one of his runaways’ mother. And someone who the prosecution blamed Evans assault case on, but she testified nothing happened, and charges were dropped because of insufficient evidence. But the Parker attack was upheld and proceeded to a verdict.

Small group he muttered to himself.

And now he had to handle the mob that could result from the evidence on television that they were dealing something spooky and unnatural.

Shit he cursed out loud as he roared his car into action, and the need to find the kids had grown into an imperative.

“Yes, I saw the news” Isabel muttered as it was the middle of the night What is this with these all nighters she cursed to herself. It reminded her of days past, and years past, but now the newest generation was making them relive it, literally. And she hated it. And hated how the news had exposed her family to the public at large.

They did not have to say her name, but she was an Evans, and her kids were grandchildren of her parents and the nieces of Max Evans. And that mean she was getting calls from the media, asking for a comment. And she suspected her office would be getting inundated with calls from concerned clients because she was being made to be weird, and unique in the press even if she had not been associated to it except the media bluntly mentioned her organization. Which made things especially tenuous.

Thanking god once more that her kids were at a mutual birthday party and would not be home for a few more hours, because they were approaching the end of the school year, and one more reminder that the kids would be home all summer, but for now, she was trying to manage this disaster as Kyle was still out playing wingman.

Tired, but waiting for news. So, she could not go to bed yet, and sighed when there was a knock on the door. Walking out of the kitchen, she went to the door, and opened it. “Mom, and Dad” she smiled as she saw her parents. Phillip and Diane. “What are you doing here?”

“We heard,” Phillip muttered as once again he had been unable and was watching television when the media broadcast the story, and he and Diane came running. “Are you okay?”

“I will not know anything until I get to the office,” Isabel sighed. “Right now, I am just hoping we do have another calamity on our hands.”

“Anything on the kids?” Diane asked as she still was amazed at such a turn of events in the family. “Anything on any of the kids?”

“They have found Olivia,” Isabel sighed of the rascals of the other kids. “They found the bed and breakfast that Amelia and Zack were holding up in, but only Olivia was there. She thinks that the others walked of, or Amelia and Alex are hoping to prevent Zack from doing something stupid.”

“They are already doing something stupid” Phillip muttered. “And now this story?”

“Which is very unbelievable,” Diane muttered.

“But it’s the truth,” Isabel muttered. “I do not know how they got the footage of the kids. But this is a quite different age given that everyone has a cellphone, and they can take footage from all kinds of angles” she sighed. “Which means there could be a lot more out there, hiding…”

“Yeah,” Phillip nodded. “Honey, if you need help at the office?”

“I think Dad I will be fine” Isabel smiled. “If you want to come in and help, sure, do it, because I could always use the help but then you would not be any more help than I would be given I know how to deal with this, because it is who I am” she sighed. “So, I can deal with it…”

“What is going to happen now?” Diane asked.

“They are headed after the kids” Isabel sighed. “Hopefully, this will be the end of it?”

“Do you think it will be?” Phillip asked.

“I do not know…” as there was another knock on the door, and Isabel sighed what is this. This is the middle of the night. I was never this popular when I was single, and now it is raining people as she went to the door, and found, Yeah, this is not what I need.

Jeff Parker…

“Jeff, what is going on?”

“What is this about Isabel?” Jeff sighed. “I saw the news. That footage of my granddaughter. And Max’s son” he asked. “Since my daughter is MIA, and I cannot ask her, well, do you know anything about it?

“I know everything about it,” Isabel muttered to herself.

“You did not have to come?” Zack muttered as he was the only one in the car that had a driver’s license, so he was the driver. “I did not want Amelia to come, but I could expect it from your sister but you, you were a surprise” he asked. “I would think you would have wanted to be with Olivia?”

“I know she’s safe, but I do not know my sister is safe” Alex muttered as it had been a spur of the moment move to follow his sister. “My sister is being insane and irrational, and so if she was going to risk everything than I might as well come along and make sure you guys do not go down because of this,” he sighed as he knew from his phone that his parents had shown up mere minutes after he and Amelia had left Just great timing.

“I know you do not trust me” Zack sighed as he looked at the passenger seat and Amelia had fallen asleep with her head against the window. The darkness of the night was giving him time to think and now that things had escalated with Amelia. It made him have second thoughts of what he was willing to risk. Still, he did not want to hurt Amelia, and did not want Amelia to be hurt period.

“We do not know you,” Alex sighed. “You have only been in our lives since March…”

“And yet sometimes we can create mayhem in that time,” Zack sighed.

“Yeah,” Alex agreed. “I do not want my sister to be hurt.”

“I do not want to hurt her Alex, because I do care about her you know” Zack sighed, and it was the truth. “My life is one confusing mess…”

“Yes, it is,” Alex agreed. “All of ours are,” he agreed. “Look Zack. Olivia and I are proof positive what happen if you want too much before you are ready. I love her, but she does not want me right now, and I am okay with that because I want her to be happy. And while I do not know what the future holds, but you are risking a lot if you go forth with this and continue to proceed with this because it is not only you who get ruined by the end of it. My sister also gets her name tied to yours, and tried in court…”

“I did not want her to come along” Zack muttered.

“But you did not stop her,” Alex asked. “You could have driven her home. Taking her along only ups the hurt, especially since thing have now taken a turn?”

“Yeah,” Zack sighed.

“I am warning you Zack,” Alex sighed. “You are protecting Olivia and I admire that, and as I have said. I would have done the same thing if I could have, but it is not Olivia you have to think about now, because she is safe. Because of being with you, Amelia is not…”

“I know,” Zack agreed as they stopped talking and continued to drive and shortly after Alex fell off to sleep and it was only Zack who was awake, and looking over at Amelia and thinking of their night together, and seeing the texts popping up on his phone from Jennifer Where are U? What is going on? Are you going to talk to me? Why?

Zack could only sigh and turn his glance over at a sleeping Amelia and he made his decision, and he turned around, and started going back towards.

Roswell

“Jeff,” Isabel murmured as she was facing the reality of being back at home and dealing with the fallout of the newscast that had outed her niece and Max’s son, as being different and tying it to the night where everything changed for Max and Liz. In Vermont. Where they had a chance at a miracle shot. Taking the chance of a lifetime. She was aware that the Parker did not know about Liz’s or even Olivia’s powers. They knew about Max. And everyone. But they did not know it could be inherited into the next generation, depending on the child. “I know, I know.”

“This is insane” Jeff asked as he reflected on the news piece on television when he was flipping around the television because he had been unable to sleep. Because his mind was on his daughter, and granddaughter, and stopped when he saw the talk of his daughter’s name, and then he was totally confused by what he saw… “Are you telling me?”

“Yes,” Isabel said simply.

“Why did my daughter not tell me?” Jeff asked.

“Because she was aware of how you felt about my brother. You already were looking at her negatively, and she did not want you to look at her or Olivia differently,” she muttered. “Let’s face it you would have…”

“No, I would not have” Jeff sighed.

“Would you not?” Isabel asked as she glanced wearily at Jeff, we all know how you reacted back then she mused. “You already were looking at my brother differently. Michael, and any of us, right?” she said as reflected as while it was fun to eat at the Crashdown. After everything went down.
Being there was harder to be without Max, but also because she knew the Parkers were unsure about them…

“My only reluctance was because of what happened between your brother and my daughter,” Jeff sighed.

“Which was wrong,” Isabel muttered. “All the assumptions of that night are wrong. If you saw the program, then you know what happened?”

“Still,” Jeff muttered as he thought of the footage of that night, and it did look like Max had protected his daughter and sent out a buffer to save his daughter but then she remembered the one that played in court. The one that did not have any green glow attached to it.

“You have to face that it’s a very unique and complex relationship that your daughter and Max have, and they love each other” Isabel muttered.
“Anyone who was in the story at any point back then knows this, and even today, Olivia is the same girl she was yesterday before you knew,” he sighed. “Yes, she has abilities. But she is normal. And she is very smart and has the world at her fingers.”

Jeff nodded. “My daughter?”

“Is the same,” Isabel sighed. “Truthfully, Liz does not do much with her abilities, but she has been changed since Max saved her life. Which is what Max was doing Jeff. My brother hated hurting her and would not have wanted to live if the fall had been successful,” he sighed. “It’s an extraordinarily complex situation. And I know your daughter has tried to explain it to you. But Max did not want to hurt your daughter, and was fighting against it, and that is why they went out the window. So, that Liz would not die…”

“She could have died,” Jeff sighed.

“You saw the tape yourself,” Isabel sighed. “Max saved her and then she saved him.”

“I only want my daughter and granddaughter to be happy,” Jeff muttered.

“Then you should accept that Max makes them happy,” Isabel sighed because she was not convinced whether the fates were aligning or not to allow the happiness for those who loved Max. “Assuming life will let them be together” she sighed. “I am not saying my brother was a saint. No, he was not. We all did our share… And of course, he certainly did make his fair share. So, yeah, none of us are model citizens, but my brother has been unfairly tagged all these years for a something he consciously had no control in doing. And if he were in the right mind, he never would have done it.”

The parents were now on the road. They were following the car with three of the kids, or they hopefully were as Max and Liz, along with their daughter was now in the car with Kyle as he was called into action to take in the married couple and their daughter given, they needed the space. The hideout was cleaned up and cleared out, all tucked into the car that Michael and Maria were following in. Once done. There was no evidence that they had been there when finally, they all loaded into the two cars and headed for the open roads.

They had no idea where Barker was, and the circles of direction they were going was confusing, and maybe even confusing the federal agent. Who was also driving all over the place, not unlike the parents in pursuit of the kids?

And now having to stop for the umpteenth time for gas.

Meanwhile it was obvious once Alex and Amelia had woken up that they were headed back towards Roswell. Zack was not talking, and neither were going to say they should do the opposite because it was Zack’s life on the line. Sure, Amelia would be in trouble but not as much as Zack.

Of course, they did not know they had been exposed. Or Zack and Olivia were, with the state now knowledgeable about their abilities. Or having serious questions about them. So, they stopped at a gas station to get more gas, and something to eat and drink for the car. “Are you even thinking about Greg?” Alex asked of his sister.

“Why should I?” Amelia asked. “He left me?”

“You left him,” Alex muttered as he could only shake his head and here, I was the one who mucked my future “Amelia, you have a right to be mad, but you did not have to react like you did.”

“No, I did not” Amelia agreed. “But I did, and so it is over now, and I have to think about the future,” she sighed. “My future”

“Is Zack your future?” Alex asked.

“I do not know,” Amelia allowed. “Neither of us have talked. In fact, we have just acted on impulse so far, and nothing more than that, so how do I know what will be between us when reality decides to show up, and all this adrenaline ends” she sighed because she was not crazy because she knew that she was riding on the high of the adrenaline, and not much else as Zack returned to the car with the bag of stuff.

“Are we ready to go?” Zack asked.

“Yes,” Amelia nodded, and Alex only shook his head but got in the car and started to drive, as they were not taking the quickest route. They were also making sure they were not caught. And unfortunately, the car was not the best buy. It was clearly failing. And they finally needed to make a new stop in the next town, as Amelia was preparing to use some of her powers to get the car to work so that they could get back to Roswell.

“You should not do that,” Zack muttered as he had the front car hood open, and they were looking in on the sick engine. “No one is going to believe you know how to deal with this?” he asked as Alex had gone into use the washroom.

And it was only the two of them, alone, for the first time in several hours. Since being busted by Olivia, and Alex. “And you know before…”

“Before what,” Amelia smiled, and it brightened Zack’s night to see that smile again. “I am the one who seduced you, and I will explain to the cops or my parents or whatever they end up being with you and me” she sighed as she thought of the epic apology that she would have been giving to her parents if they ever get home.

“I could have stopped, and I should have you know” Zack sighed.

“You said that before,” Amelia chuckled. “And I did not let you,” she allowed. “I wanted you, and I still want you even if you were a jerk for trying to walk away from me after you get me into bed” she sighed as Zack only shook his head as he tried to focus on the car’s engine which was overheating and having other issues as he tried to ignore the stare coming from Amelia as she looked at him.

“Amelia,” Zack murmured.

“What?” Amelia asked innocently as she let her hand touch his, slowly. “Just being supportive,” she said. “You know I took shop you know at school, and I passed with flying colors. So, I think I know a thing or two about making engines roar.”

“Amelia,” Zack sighed.

“Go ahead and try,” Amelia smiled as she leaned next to them and moments later, they were kissing. “You taste good.”

“You too, but I have to concentrate on the car so I can take you hope and keep my trouble to a more manageable five hundred degrees,” Zack sighed.

“Already too much of a lost cause,” Amelia observed. “Goes for your legal trouble too, but I am talking about the car mostly,” she laughed as she pushed him away. “Let me, because it is obvious that you are too much of a novice in this stuff.”

“How so?” Zack asked.

“You know why,” Amelia laughed as she leaned down, and went to work, and soon the engine was crackling, and was singing a slightly better and healthier tune, “I thought so” she smiled as she turned to Zack as Alex was coming out of the bathroom. “Are we finally going to get on the road?”

“If you are ready?” Alex asked.

Although before they were able to get in the car, it was clear they were being observed, and had been for the last minutes even though none of them had been aware. “Are you one of those freaks we see on television,” came a voice and it made the three twist around. “They said it was only the guy, but you are one of them too” they pointed at Amelia as it was obvious to Amelia and Zack that they had seen the display of green crackling…”

“What did you say?” came Zack.

“I called you a freak, because you are one” said the man who had been drinking too much by the obvious beer in his hands, and was with a buddy, and neither were in any condition to be making accusations, but they were now “You people were on television” came the man.

“I do not know what you are talking about” came Zack murmured. “You should leave us alone because you have been obviously drinking too much, and you will not remember this encounter or what you were saying in the morning.”

“I think we will,” said the men in unison.

“You were on television,” came the man was only slightly less tipsy than his partner. “We saw you?”

“I do not know what you are talking about,” Zack sighed as he looked over at Alex. “Get in the car Alex and Amelia…” as Alex nodded and went towards his sister, but the men clearly was not having it as they approached Amelia first. “Step away from her” demanded an angry Zack as none of them knew of the program on television. So, they were at a clear disadvantage and now they were becoming aggressive and coming after Amelia.

“Why should I?” came the response.

“Because you will not like what we will do” Alex muttered as he approached with Zack as Amelia was not silent in this as she pulled herself out of the grip of one of the men. “Do not touch me loser.”

“You are a freak,” came the man.

“You should not be saying that because that is not true,” Amelia murmured. “I am not a freak. All I am, is a girl, and an American citizen just like any of us” she sighed as she did not know what had been on television, but it had clearly teed these people off. Although the alcohol in their blood also did not help matters.

“You were crackling green stuff,” said the man… “I saw you. The both of you,” came the man. “And the girl most of all. She did something to that engine, and I saw smoke, and then it was running smoothly,” he said. “What did you do?”

“None of your business,” Amelia muttered.

“You have clearly been drinking too much,” said Alex. “All we were doing is looking at the car engine, and now that we have then you can let us go, and we will head on home” he sighed as he had his phone on standby and was connecting a SOS to Olivia, and a clear signal of where they were… “We were minding our own business, so do not mind us, and go back to your drinking.”

“The hell will I let you leave,” said the man. “These two are wanted fugitives, and she’s clearly not normal” he said. “Maybe him too. So, I think we will get a bundle of money for these two,” said the man. “Bob, give me my gun?”

As Bob handed the man his gun and now the three knew they were in deep deep trouble.
Last edited by Parker1947 on Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Story of My Life (CC, Mature) - Chapter 70 - 04/14/2021

Post by keepsmiling7 »

What, Tess's face was on the screen??
She left a tape for Zack with details......
It did reveal the truth about Liz's fall.
Where did the media get this unauthorized leak??
Is this the beginning of the end?
Of course Jeff Parker shows up with lots of questions.
And Zack's girlfriend had questions.
The agents are after the kids for the money!
My head is spinning.....what's next?
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

The Story of My Life - Chapter 71 - 04/16/2021

Post by Parker1947 »

As Olivia had been sleeping the car when she was woken by a buzzing on her phone, and she saw message came through. Uh oh she muttered. “Mom and Dad,” she said to Max and Liz who had been awake the whole time. “I think we have trouble,” she muttered. “Alex just texted me, and he says SOS.”

“Where are they?” Kyle asked from the front seat.

“I do not know,” Olivia sighed. “It’s a short message. Almost like he cannot say anything more” she wondered.

“Okay,” Kyle said calling his father. “Dad, we need an emergency check of Alex’s cellphone number. Yeah, you know the number, we think he’s in trouble” he sighed. “Check his signal, see where they are. Yeah, he is with Amelia and Zack. It’s a long story…” he muttered because he had not told his father of the change in the situation. Call me back,” he murmured. “Dad is working on it.”

“Thank you, Kyle,” Olivia sighed as minutes later, endless minutes later, they received a call from Jim who told them of the approximate location of the cellphone.

Kyle thanked his father once more, and thanked god that the station had upped their technology over the years. Otherwise, this kind of discovery would be impossible “It would seem like they are headed back towards Roswell?”

“Just great, how far” Max asked.

“Actually, not that far from us,” Kyle sighed.

“The car is piece of crap,” Olivia murmured as she remembered Amelia talking about it before they took off once more. “Maybe they have been encountering issues?”

“I hope that is all it is,” Max murmured as he glanced into the front seat and Kyle, who nodded This is not what we need because they both felt this was a bad omen.

“Sighing of Mason and Guerin in Tularosa, New Mexico” came the voice on the radio. “At some convenience store and gas station” as Dave Barker was getting tired of driving and needing gas once more, and was finally deciding to go back to Roswell, and deal with this when he was not going around in circles, and now he had a legitimate sighting. So, as he was checking his map. He saw that it looked a clear pattern, almost like they might be going back to Roswell.

“Interesting,” Dave muttered as he had no idea why they would return. Maybe they have had a change of heart? he mused to himself and knew that he was actually only a few minutes away due to path he had been driving, and his own thoughts of going back to the scene of the crime and restarting at a different point in time.

“I am five minutes away,” Dave muttered as he continued driving…

“Leave me alone,” Amelia said as she twisted out of the grasp of the men. As a commotion was being caused by the last gas pump. “You have the wrong people,” Alex was trying to say as Amelia was trying to restrain herself from displaying any of her powers, because that would not be course of action needed in this situation. “I told you that you have the wrong people” she muttered once again These people have a screw loose.

“We are going to get good money out of the two of you,” said the man as he had the gun on the three, so they could not move. Although Zack had more space to move then the twins. Shit this was not what we need. All he knew was he had to protect Amelia. He might not know what the two of them meant to each other. Because they existed in two places, and they were unlikely to mesh together to be able to make it work, but hell was he going to let her get hurt because of him and the fact he did not take her home and allowed her to come with him on this mess of a nightmare. A situation that he had let get out of control.

“You have the wrong people,” Alex muttered.

“We have called the cops, and they will be here soon” said the man whose name was Bob. “Then we will get a payoff, and you will be behind bars like you should be because you are freaks. Clearly you are not normal” said the talking man, as he was clearly slurring his words. As he was repeating the same thing repeatedly “You people are unnatural.”

“You do not know who we are, or what kind of people we are” Alex said as he was trying to make for a diversion so Zack could act. “We are just like you or your buddy here,” Alex muttered.

“She was green,” said the man. “I saw her. And I saw the television,” he sighted as the friend brought up the picture on his phone. “Show her Bob” came the man who showed them a clear image of Zack and Olivia and their powers. “Hey, that is another one. This one is different. So, there are others,” he asked. “We are going to get a bundle for turning you people in and exposing just who you are.”

“You are an idiot,” Zack muttered as he and the other two were speechless at the thought of being exposed on television. Which is something they had not be aware had happened earlier that evening as he pushed the phone out of the hand and twisted the man and punched him, until he was on the ground, and Amelia took the chance to kick the man who had a grab on her, but unfortunately, the gun went off…

And the bullet reached Zack, who slumped to the ground…

“Zack” Amelia cried out loud, just as a car rushed into the station. And it was not Kyle’s car. But Dave Barker…

Seeing the commotion. He stopped the car, “What do we have here” he called as he ran to the scene, to see Zack losing blood, and bleeding from his gunshot as Amelia needing to get to Zack but being held by the one who had shot the gun, she did not care if she was showing her powers or not, she swung and hit the man who was holding and he was flung back until he hit the wall, and he fell the ground, unconscious. “Zack,” she said as she ran to the boy on the ground, bleeding…

Dave unsure of what he had just seen. No one has that kind of strength at her age, and especially not a female he muttered but held his tongue.

“Come on Zack, stay with me.”

Would he?
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Story of My Life (CC, Mature) - Chapter 71 - 04/16/2021

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Just when you things couldn't get worse......
Car trouble is bad enough.
Barker is still on the chase, I was hoping he'd give up and go home.
What........Zack get shot???
Amelia rushes to aide him.......
Will this be the end for both of them???
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

The Story of My Life - Chapter 72 - 04/18/2021

Post by Parker1947 »

What did I see here Dave was trying to process as he saw as Alex was trying to console his sister, but Amelia was not leaving the boy on the ground, bleeding, so Dave sprung into action and made sure that the kid was not going to expire on him before an ambulance would arrive? The wound looked nasty, but survivable, as he took off his glove, and told Amelia to hold it on the wound. Amelia was not talking. Dave was thinking professionally because he did not want to think of what it could have been when he knew full well it could be, given what he had seen on the news program that he had streamed on his phone “What do we have here?” he said finally showing his badge. “Agent Dave Barker, the FBI” he muttered as he heard the groans from the only one of the kids able to say anything since Amelia was in a trance, sitting by Zack’s side.

“Kids filling their car and was just about to go when two drunks accosted them and started accusing them of being the kids on the television. Some show or another” said one of the passerby’s who clearly did not know what he was witnessing and did not know Zack and Amelia had been on the run. And their pictures had been plastered all over the television for several days. And now their abilities were also exposed to the state of New Mexico, and whoever else was following the story.

“Are you Amelia Guerin?” Dave Barker asked but Amelia was not saying anything. “I have called the ambulance.”

“I want Max,” Amelia muttered, as to her Olivia’s Dad was the one could save the day, and Zak in that order, even though the name did not make sense yet to the agent as she went back to being in a trance as he muttered as he faced the other teenage boy. “And you are?”

“Does it matter?” Alex muttered as this situation has clearly gone hellish.

“You are Amelia’s brother, Alexander Guerin, are you not?” Dave asked.

“So, what” Alex asked, neither confirming or the story but Barker knew.

“You left with Olivia Parker?” he asked as he saw that Olivia was nowhere to be found. Which surprised him because he had been aware that Olivia and Alex were together in the same car, and now he had turned up with his two runaways.

“You think I harmed her?” Alex asked.

“No,” Dave said simply. “I was wanting to find her because she has been unaccounted for this evening” Agent Dave Barker. “And we have questions about her recent activities?”

“You want to do something, then forget Olivia and deal with those two men who had a gun on us, for no reason” Alex sighed as he looked over as the two men were still unconscious and he was not convinced that the one Amelia had went to town at would wake up, but he was still breathing, which was something he guessed.

“Your sister and Zack Mason were wanted for questioning,” Dave murmured.

“My sister did not do anything,” Alex sighed as she glanced over at a teary-eyed Amelia who sat by Zack. “My sister’s only crime was going along for the ride with Zack. I am not saying that was a wise decision or not, but she did not do anything, so, are you going to do something or not?” he asked.

“All I am doing is my job” Dave muttered.

“Then do your job and deal the men who attacked us for being who we are, and then went and shot Zack,” he murmured. “When all he was doing was protecting…” he sighed as clamped down.

“Protecting what, or who?” Dave asked.

But Alex was not responding, and all Amelia could do was sit there and hope that Zack was not taken from them for trying to protect them.

Zack felt like he was floating. As his life did not seem to be in danger. But it was clear his mind was elsewhere, and he was almost floating through the air and glancing down at his body on the ground. Amelia was down on her kneels but his side, pleading for him to hang on. And Zack could feel softness of her fingers as she held onto his hand, while also keeping the dressing on his wound.

Zack came a voice. And he turned and saw a blond vision. But one with a dark hue around her.

“Who are you?” Zack asked.

“I am your mother,” Tess Harding said as she floated towards Zack. “I deserve to be here Zack, but you do not…”

“Why not?” Zack asked.

“Look down at what you are missing out on,” Tess asked as her son did look down at a plainly grieving Amelia. Amelia is someone who cares for you. I might not have cared for either of her mother and father, but she obviously likes you, and wants you in your life. I did what I did for my own selfish reasons. You should not be the same way…”

“You died…”

“I am here because I deserve to be, and because I would have been where Max was, if I had lived” she murmured. “I never would want you to pay for my choices. I was wrong to do what I did back then, but you were a result of it, and I do not want you to take on the fact you were a result of it.

“What does that mean?” Zack asked.

“I killed Alex. I killed people when we first came to this planet. And I would have taken down the army base if Kal did not get to it in first,” Tess said. “Because I was willing to take down everyone, including Max because he did not want me.”

“Because he wanted Liz,” Zack asked.

“Yes, and he wanted you” Tess sighed. “He was the one thinking of you the whole time. I was not. I was only the concept of you to further my goals. And we came back to Earth because I was running. It was to protect me, not you. So, you should not think of me as some saint because I am not one…”

“But…” Zack asked.

“Go back. You have parents. You have friends. You have a family,” Tess smiled. “I never had that because they never accepted me the way they are you, and you would be a foolish to leave them before your time” she said fading from view.

All Zack could do was look down.

All Max could do was grip onto his wife’s hand as he and Liz sat in the backseat on Kyle’s seat. The ominous feeling was in the air, and he knew it was nothing good. Olivia had the sense that things were different. But she did not know how.

All she was doing was willing them to get there, and they were getting closer. But not soon enough for their liking. All they knew that they were close to Tularosa and needed to get there quickly.

For Max, he was staring into space. And then suddenly a vision came to him Tess. I do not want to see you.

Too bad Max came the sound from his past. You need to save our son and then she vanished from his sight, and he did know what it meant.

“There is the turn off,” Kyle said as they roared into the small town and went for the gas station where they knew the cellphone was last registered to have sent a signal.

Zack was still unconscious, and the ambulance was taking its slow time to get there. All Amelia wanted was for Zack to wake up and look up at her. She did not care if they had been exposed, or she had done more harm than good for her own status with the legal system. All she cared for was that Zack make it.

This was not how it should have been. Come on Zack. Wake up she whispered to them as Barker was finally doing his duty and questioning the first of the men to wake up. The one who only got punched by Alex.

The one she flung against the building was still out cold. As Barker arrested the first on weapons charges. Anything else would come later…

“Are you ready to talk?” Barker asked Amelia.

“No,” she said simply. “Where is the ambulance?”

“Small town. It was already in use,” Barker said. “But it’s coming,” he said. “You were down by Las Cruces.”

“Maybe we were, maybe we were not” Amelia muttered “I am not answering anything without my parents, or even my attorney” she sighed. “You are not going to get Zack either.”

“We want him for questioning?” said Barker.

“He’s underage also,” Amelia muttered. “You do not have any authority; you will have to check with his parents” she muttered as she glanced up with a lot of hatred of the agent for starting this even if she had to concede it was Olivia and Zack’s actions that started this. But they would not have to do it if Max were not in jail for something he did not do.

“It’s not wise to fight the federal government,” Barker said to both twins.

“And it’s not wise to put someone who did not do anything in prison for something he only said he did to protect those he loved,” Amelia muttered.

“You do not make any sense,” Barker said.

“You have to be part of our life for it to make sense,” Amelia sighed. “Because it makes perfect sense,” she muttered as a car roared onto the scene. “Oh good.”

The car stopped, and the people in it looked at the unfolding scene with dread. The other car was only minutes away. And would be here before long, but Kyle’s car had made it to scene of the unfolding tragedy. Unsure of what they were seeing. Max and Liz leapt out of the car, not caring that they were being exposed.

Barker only chuckled when he saw Max coming out of the car. “So, you knew where he was all a long” was all he said to a passing Liz. As Olivia could only stop out of it and stop because she looked at horror at what she was seeing Oh god she was muttering to herself. Alex was relieved to see Olivia.

Safe and sound. “Alex,” Olivia said softly as she approached. “Are you okay?”

“Better than how they are,” Alex said seriously as he and Olivia hugged. “Are you okay?”

“I am fine. They found me only moments after you left. As I said in the text, what is happening Alex. What is going on?”

“Some nut shot Zack,” Alex muttered. “They were drunk, but they saw Amelia using her abilities to fix the car that was having problems, and they were saying how they had seen them on television, and knew about the abilities, which I do not know is possible.”

“It’s possible,” Olivia sighed. “The government leaked stuff they found in Zack’s motel room. Including the message from his birth mother, Tess. They drew a line to all of us, and making us look like we are unique, and not real people” she muttered. “We saw the program before we left the room.”

“Oh god,” Alex muttered.

“Yeah,” Olivia sighed. “There is so much they do not know but they know enough, so our lives will be very different when we go home.”

Max and Liz rushed over to where Zack lying. Bypassing a Dave Barker who stood amused even if he did not know this was not a dire situation for the kid. “The ambulance is delayed due there being only one working one in this town tonight” he sighed. “So, you have known where he was all this time?”

“Leave it alone Agent,” Liz murmured. “This is no time for it.”

“Look Ms. Parker,” Dave Barker muttered.

“Evans, from now on it will be Evans” Liz murmured as she grabbed her husband’s hand. “No matter what happens Olivia and are taking our rightful names of Evans” she murmured as she did not care what the future was for herself or her husband, but she was all in.

“Very well” Barker murmured as Max looked just as much in a trance at the girl was. “You are Max Evans I assume.”

Max did not answer.

All he saw was the baby he saw nearly seventeen years ago for the first time and while he was aware of the man he was today. All he saw was the little baby. The baby he was sure he was giving away so that he could have a healthy and safe life…

One that was away from the danger that lurked in his own life and now the boy was lying here on the ground, bleeding. “How bad?” was all Max said. Not even registering that there was a federal agent that radically change his life once again. And take him back to prison.

Away from his wife and daughter, and even the son he did not know.

“It could be worse,” Amelia muttered. “I have been keeping this over the wound for like forever,” she sighed of the glove as it was only fifteen minutes or so since this drama collapsed on itself. “Can you help?” she asked of Max.

Someone she did not know well. No one knew Max well enough. Except for his wife, and a small bunch of people who had gone to hell and back together. Amelia had grown up knowing what had happened. But not really knowing except also to know that Olivia wanted to have a father.
And now she would be having one in her life. No matter what happened tonight. Someone who had mystical healing powers. Although they had laid dormant all these years, so she was not convinced he could save the day. But she needed him to try, as she pleaded with Olivia’s father “You have to help Zack please Uncle Max” she sighed, calling out a name that he had not heard uttered all these years and it made it know that he had more family than he ever knew waiting for him in the outside.

“Max,” Liz said as he was cutting through the trance. “It is up to you” she said as she gripped his hand and gave him strength than he knew possible. “I love you.”

“I love you too” Max murmured as Barker thought it was crazy to have two people who looked at each other like they would be lost without the other. When he knew their history, and how Max had been convicted of hurting his wife but as he was seeing with the two Evans, he was seeing a rarity. A true connection. One that did not happen all that often.

As they could hear the other car roaring into the station.

Looking up from keeping her glance on a wounded Zack. Amelia noticing her parents through her grief.

“Mom and Dad” she yelled, as she got up and she ran into her mother’s arms as Maria leaped out of the car as it was still going as she saw both of her kids. Alex ran after Amelia, and the twins were grasped tightly by their relieved parents…

While Max only stared at the boy laying on the ground. Knowing he should be waiting for the ambulance to come. But it was not here yet, and he it was clear the boy breathing was getting shallow.

And plus, he did not know even if he had the power to do it because he had not used any of his abilities in nearly seventeen years. And especially not his unique ones, but not caring that the world was watching, and maybe even taking footage with their phones, but he kneeled by his son.

And put his hand on the wound and worked to stop the bleeding.

A glow started, and it amazed everyone who saw it. Including Dave Barker who could only look at Elizabeth Parker Evans who was looking like she had experience this all before. And did not think it was odd. Amelia was holding her mother’s hand as they watched.

No one said a word, but they watched.

It was working, and the paleness of Zack started to get pinker, and while Max could not heal the complete wound. Because he was not powerful enough due to lack of us. Still, he had done enough. And he stood and he watched Zack continue to breath.

And then Zack’s eyes opened, and he saw Max.

“Welcome back,” was all Max said as the ambulance picked that time to come roaring in, and moments later, he was loaded into the ambulance, and he was taken the Tularosa hospital…

With the knowledge that this story was not over yet…
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Story of My Life (CC, Mature) - Chapter 72 - 04/18/2021

Post by keepsmiling7 »

You make my day when I find a current update.....

Zack was attacked by the drunk men.........and Tess appeared.....
She said she didn't want Zack to pay for her poor choices. Don't think this will be admitted in a court of law though!
She confessed.....all of the time Amelia pleading for Uncle Max.
Barker saw the "glow" and the ambulance finally arrived.
This is one big mess........Max is going to be in big trouble.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

The Story of My Life - Chapter 73 - 04/21/2021

Post by Parker1947 »

Six hours later,
Roswell Memorial

The media was swarming, Zack had been accessed in Tularosa and then Jim Valenti arranged for a helicopter to transport the patient to Roswell, where he was now a patient at its local hospital because it was a bigger town, with more services to treat him as he regained his lost strength. Currently he was unconscious, but he was still alive, and all Amelia could think about was that he had not lost him as she also sat beside his bed.
As she had finally been allowed in to see him.

Even though it had not been a fun few hour since she arrived back in her hometown. As she had been forced to go to the Sheriff’s office.

Five hours earlier,

Amelia was rushed into the Sheriff’s head with her mother shielding her daughter’s head and identity under her coat. Head down towards the ground, and away from the glaring eyes on her. As it was daylight, and the bright sunlight and the media was swarming, and calling questions “What did you do Amelia?” came the questions “Did you help Zack with his crimes?” came the questions being flung at her. “Are you some freak?” “Do you always use your abilities to get what you want?”

Michael just held his daughter’s hand as they maneuvered through the crowd of outside the Sheriff’s Department, and into Jim’s office. Agent Dave Barker was also in the room, so thy knew it would be not an easy visit.

“Grandpa,” Amelia allowed as her mood was only slightly better since Zack’s condition took a turn for the better as she took a seat in front of the desk. “I am sorry for this.”

“I am just glad you safe,” Jim sighed as he was relieved to see his granddaughter home and in relatively good shape. “And because I am your grandfather, there is only so much help I am going to be able to give you.”

“I understand,” Amelia muttered as both Michael and Maria sat by their daughter. As they felt their daughter would not need an official attorney, and plus, Isabel was busy with her brother, and Zack.

“So, exactly what did you do with Mr. Mason?” Agent Dave Barker murmured.

“It is none of your business,” Amelia muttered as she sat on in the chair and glanced up at the federal agent. Fully engaged, and fully in tune with reality, and she was not about to give the agent anything that he could use against her, or Zack for that matter.

“Amelia,” Jim sighed.

“Honestly, Grandpa,” Amelia sighed. “Whatever may have happened within our relationship is between Zack and me and is not any of the agent’s business. It has nothing to do with him,” she sighed. “It has to do with us?”

“Are the two of you in a relationship?” Dave Barker asked.

“Watch it,” Michael gritted. “My daughter is entitled to her private life. They are both teenagers,” he sighed as he was prevented from strangling Zack because of his injuries, and his daughter’s pending legal trouble and he did not really want to get into whatever it was going on between the two Parental denial is a wonderful thing.

“How close your daughter is to Mr. Mason is my business,” Dave muttered. “He is accused of aiding in the disappearance of a federal prisoner,” he murmured. “An act he could have not done alone,” he asked. “So, all I am asking is if you assisted in him that endeavor, and is that why you joined him on the run?”

“No,” Amelia lied or partially lied because she knew that she had been part of that night. But she did not actually do the crime. “Not, that he did that other thing either…”

“Are you sure Ms. Guerin?” Agent Barker murmured. “The boy who might just be your boyfriend all but confessed…”

“But did he confess or say anything from his own mouth about the crime?” Amelia asked. “Under the glare of perjury and before a judge?” she wondered with a chuckle from her parents even though she was riding a very blurry fine line given her own troubles. But Barker did not know to ask her about the night Max disappeared. Because he had nothing, except she had done this tiny little thing.

Grant you it was not a tiny thing. Running from the law but she knew he did not actually confess. Sure, they found evidence and written material that look funky, but Zack had not come as far as to confess before they went on the run. All he was looking for was to take the focus off Olivia, and her house.

“What do you know Ms. Guerin?” Barker mumbled as he did not care for Amelia’s attitude. As she was a lot stronger than when she was with the victim, as he was fighting for her life. Now she was also backed up by her parents, and she was gaining strength from them.

“You have her answer Agent Barker,” Jim murmured.

“I do not need your assistance Sheriff,” Barker managed as he glanced at the town Sheriff. “All I need is your office to conduct my questioning, but Ms. Guerin is apart of my investigation, and she is your granddaughter, therefore your you are not impartial in this case.”

Jim only shook her head. “Fine, go ahead” as he knew that he had not jurisdiction. And while a case of runaways was certainly his case but given one of them was his granddaughter and it was in a middle of a federal investigation. Well, he could not be meddling…

“Ms. Guerin,” Barker murmured.

“You have the wrong person,” Amelia muttered. “All I can say is I am not involved.”

“Are you sure?” Barker asked. “I am aware that you have gone around town in recent weeks talking about how Mr. Evans’ conviction was unjust, and that you have an opinion on the legal system?” he sighed. “So, you might have wanted to assist him on getting his birth father out of prison?”

“We all have an opinion on the legal system?” Amelia muttered. “It does not mean I did anything about it?” she asked. “And why would he want to do that? All he wanted was questions into his adoption. There would be no reason why he would want to free his birth father, someone he does not even know, and maybe only seen once since the adoption?”

“Are you sure?” Barker asked as he could only shake at her obvious move to get her maybe boyfriend off serious federal charges.

“Yes,” Amelia said.

“Even with your abilities?” Barker murmured. “Could you not assist?”

“I do not know what you might mean?” Amelia asked even though she knew. As Barker had yet to really get an answer as to what was going on. Given everything was a whirlwind since he saw Max save Zack Mason.

“Who are you people?” was the first question asked Max and Liz by Zack’s parents Tony and Jennie Mason as soon as their son arrived at Roswell Memorial. The media was making the story a circus and the only reason Max was not back in his cell at the prison up north was because of said circus.

The warden who Liz and Isabel had already tangled with objected to his return citing security concerns given of his abilities. Which made Max laugh given that he had these same abilities since he came to this planet, and just sat on them for the last seventeen years while in that cell. But he was not going to insist on returning to the prison that that had been his home for all those years when he rather be in a home with his wife, and their daughter.

So, as of right now Max was holding out at the hospital while they waited for news on Zack’s recovery. Max had not done a complete repair job on the wound. But close enough to make his recovery all but assured.

And now the Masons had arrived to see their son, who was in a hospital room, recovering, and no one was able to see of yet.

Who are we? Max asked himself. He still was not sure. “We are complicated people,” was all he said as he introduced himself to the Masons. Of course, he was notorious, and therefore his name and face were known.

And of course, now the Masons who were of course emotional and angry, and especially as they had seen the news because it had been on the television all morning since before, they received the call about their son’s condition. Now, they were forced to confront that things were different.

“Did you know this?” Jennie asked as Tony was glaring at Max for changing the dynamics in the family.

“I did not know,” Max conceded. “As a baby, he was completely normal. And he still is,” he was saying. “I know you are confused. You have a right to be confused. My own folks were the same way when they discovered the truth about me, and my sister” he sighed as he looked over at Isabel who was sitting by Kyle and they were keeping watch.

The critical nature of Zack’s condition had kept Barker away from questioning Max’s son, but it has been giving Max an eye opener view of everything and including the Mason’s view of him. “Nothing has change with Zack and you, and your daughter” Max murmured. ‘I am glad you have been able to love him because every child deserves to be loved, and not everyone gets to a family to love” he said as he thought of Michael, and all he had gone through because he and Isabel had been lucky.

“We love our son,” Jennie was quick to say.

“I am glad,” Max sighed. “All he wanted was to want to know more about where he came from, and now he has, and he can go back to his old life.”

“Can he?” Tony asked.

“That will be for him to decide,” Max sighed. ‘As you can see, our life here in Roswell is extremely complicated. All children are faced with wanting to know more their families, and I can see Zack has been very lucky with you two as his parents, and I am not trying to deprive you of that,” he sighed. “I do not regret my decision back then when Zack was a baby because I know I could not have given him the life he needed. And he found it with you two…” he said with confidence that he had made the right decision. The Masons seemed to love their son, and just were unhappy at the side of their son that they did not know.

“Thank you,” Jennie said as the doctor came out, and gave a quick overview of Zack’s condition, and was now allowing the Masons to go in and see their son, as Max turned to face his wife and Olivia as he reached for his wife’s hand, as he hated how complicated it was to be them. “That could have gone worse…”

“Yeah,” Liz nodded but she stopped in her own step, and Max caught her change in expression as Olivia also was surprised as she turned to see her own father. Also, Phillip and Diane were coming into the waiting room. “Max…” she said with a softness in her voice that had a edge to it, and something he had not heard before.

“What is it?” Max asked.

“It’s your parents?” Liz sighed as she saw the emotion on Diane’s face, and the anxiety on her own father’s face because she knew her own mother was out of town visiting her sister, Liz’s aunt and was not home yet.

Max stopped unsure of how to respond as he debated whether to turn around to face them. While, he had been able to see his father briefly. That was under the scope of being in hiding. Now, he had more freedom, which could change in a minute, but now everyone could see him, and that included his parents.

For some reason he had not been thinking of his parents, but now they were here, staring at him as if he was a ghost.

Which he supposes he was, given how he had been gone for nearly seventeen years. And then seeing the opposite reaction from Jeff Parker, that is the face and reaction that I have expected to see from Jeff he muttered to himself.

Disapproval.

And he saw apprehension on his wife’s face as he now knew she longed for a better perception from her husband over the person she loved. While it was clear Jeff loved his granddaughter as he went to hug his granddaughter. And Olivia did take the hug with warmth and happiness, still it was known the love did not extend towards the child’s father, or his daughter’s husband. “Jeff,” he said softly.

“Max,” Jeff sighed as he stepped back from hugging his granddaughter. “You are back?”

“For now, at least,” Max sighed. “I am not looking to cause trouble.”

“You have done nothing but cause trouble,” Jeff muttered to the stern disapproval from his daughter. “Lizzie.”

“Dad, please, I have asked you before to respect my decisions, and the fact this is the life I want, and that it will not magically change simply because you do not like my husband or disapprove of my choice” Liz sighed and Max could see how it was hurting his wife, and he hated it because he did remember how close his wife was to her father, back in those days, before everything swung out of control. “Did you not see the media report?”

“I know,” Jeff conceded, and it did look damning. “And I did, but the media can be made to show something that is not true.”

“Jesus,” Liz sighed I do not need this from my own father as she elected to walk away from her father to go find the bathroom. While Phillip and Diane had been looking with anxious moments as they saw the tense moments between father and daughter which had only gotten more frayed in recent weeks, and especially days. “Grandpa, please” Olivia sighed as she glanced at her grandfather. “It’s Dad.”

“That is what, I know,” Jeff sighed.

Olivia only shook her head as she turned to the grandparents who supported her family’s choices, and supported the woman her father loved, and supported their son. “Grandpa and Grandpa, nice to see you?”

“You are looking well Olivia,” Phillip smiled as his granddaughter. A welcoming picture of both her mother and father. A twosome they supported in its entirely, and they were happy their son had a chance to love. As Diane could only look at her son.

The son she had not been able to see in seventeen years. “Max?” Diane asked tentatively.

“Mom,” Max said softness. “I am sorry for this. All these complications,” he sighed. “I never wanted that for you two…”

“You are our son, and we love you no matter what” Diane said as she came forward and finally took her son into her arms for a hug. As Liz was coming back from the bathroom, and there were not tears of sadness that had existed in the bathroom, but one of happiness to see her husband being embraced by someone who loved him.

Just like she had.

“How long can this go on?” Phillip asked as he saw the embrace break up.

“Until they find another prison to send me to,” Max muttered as both Liz and Olivia dreaded that day. And prayed for a miracle to prevent them from losing him again…

“Are you okay?” Olivia was asking a short time later as she witnessed her father, Max sitting with his parents as they continued their reunion. Unsure of how short-lived it would end up being, but she loved being able to see it. It was a moment she had been unable to experience during her life, and now it was a brief one, that she was hoping would get an extended run. While her mother on the other hand was battling an uncomfortable encounter with her father. So, Olivia doing some searching on her phone for a paper she had to write for class when she saw Amelia arrive at the hospital. “Hey!”

“Hey,” Amelia smiled. It felt normal not to be here. And not to be on the run. To back to her routine, except that usually she did not have to be interviewed by a federal agent who was looking to take Zack away from her. “Anything on Zack?”

“His parents are in there with him” Olivia sighed as Alex came towards them. “How was it at you know, the station?”

“It was proof that he does not have any evidence to nail any of us,” she sighed “He was looking to tie me to you know your Dad’s disappearance.”

“Which you did not do?” Olivia muttered as she cursed the agent for trying to tie in someone else, she loved to in the hair brain scheme she had thought up on a spur of a moment that might just take down her own family.

“He does not know that” Amelia smiled. “And well, I cannot deny that I did not go on that road trip with Zack.”

“Some road trip,” Alex commented.

“Yes, it was a very memorable one,” Amelia sighed with a smile and Alex only shook his head.

“I so do not want to think about that,” Alex muttered.

“And Mom and Dad do not either,” Amelia chuckled. “Because they were very into allowing me to privacy in whatever we did together…”

Olivia could only laugh but stopped as the Masons came back into the waiting room. “Who are they?” Amelia asked as she did not recognize them, but it was clear that Olivia did know who they were?”

“Zack’s parents,” Olivia said softly, and Amelia’s face turned into a frown as she saw that they were walking towards her own parents as Michael and Maria had returned with her to the hospital, as they were talking to Max and Liz.

“Oh,” Amelia sighed.

As across the room, the Masons. “We thank you” they were saying to Liz. As they did not know how to address Max, as he chose that was a positive movement given their hostility earlier. “I thought you should know Zack is doing well.”

“We are glad,” Liz said with softness as she knew the situation was awkward.

“We do thank you,” Jennie said as she turned to Max and Max could sense the unexpressed anger in Tony Mason. But fortunately, Jennie was warmer as she was truly glad their son was saved. “Of course, we might not understand what is going on, but you saved our son, and we thank you.”

“You are welcome,” Max nodded. “Zack deserves a chance.”

“Yes, he does” Tony said motioning to his wife, but Amelia stopped them as she came forward.

“Mr. and Mrs. Mason” Amelia said softly. “My name is Amelia Guerin,” she sighed. “I am a friend of your son.”

“We know who you are,” Tony said abrasively.

“I just wanted to know your son loves you tremendously. When we were together. He would talk about you both, and your younger daughter, his sister Helena.”

“He unfortunately never mentioned you,” Tony said as he could see he was staring at Michael and Maria. As Michael was on guard for how they would treat his daughter. “He has a girlfriend” he sighed. “Jennifer.”

“Yes, I know” Amelia sighed as Maria approached to make sure this did not end up badly for her daughter. “We never meant for any of this to have happened,” she muttered. “Whatever happens from now on. All you should know is I care about your son a whole lot. And I only went because I wanted to protect him.”

“He should have been protected by being at home?” Tony mumbled.

“Yes, but he was not” Amelia sighed. “Your son has questions, and he deserved those answers. Maybe he could have waited, but we all want to know more, especially if there is a side of us that is different from those around us.”

“How would you know?” Tony asked.

“I am different, just like your son” Amelia muttered as she looked at her parents, who looked away but then back at their daughter because of the burden and the legacy they had given to the children. “I know you only saw Olivia here in those news piece, but I am just like both of them, and therefore he knows he has someone who knows what it’s like to who we are, and that might not mean anything for us in the long-run, but I wanted to help your son, and protect him because I grew up knowing fully who I am. Zack did not, and so he’s coming into later, but he deserves to know everything about who he is…”

“Yeah,” Jennie nodded “Then I guess we should thank you too.”

“As I said before, your son means a lot to me” Amelia sighed as she knew she had no idea what it would mean, and what she and Zack were to each other, but they had bonded in more ways than just sleeping together, while they were away. “So, I was wondering if I could go in and see your son.”

“Yes,” Jennie said as she could see that Amelia seemed to be vested, whatever that meant in her son, and they did not wish her ill even if they did not understand the situation and they had never heard about Amelia before, and so it was a shock to come to this town and find out about their son’s secret life. “All we want is our son to be happy.”

“So, do I” Amelia nodded as she walked away, as she followed Mr. Mason who did not want to stay around Max.

“Your daughter is remarkable,” Jennie commented to Maria.

“We know,” Maria smiled as she looked at her husband who also nodded.

“We only wish that this made some sense,” Jennie sighed.

“We all do,” Liz sighed as she grabbed her husband’s hand and knew this was a complicated tale. “All we want for our kids to have it easier than we had it.”

So, Amelia was watching as Zack slept, as she was looking at her phone, as she finally had it on, and she found the mountain of text and other emails from friends mystified of her conduct over the past several days.

She was one of them. She was still amazed she had done it. She did not know if it helped at all. Because now Max had outed himself and was not hiding, and it still put Zack in the lion’s head with the attention because of evidence he had manufactured to aid in his quest. Now, he was back, and maybe facing the worst of it.

The attention.

Of course, all of them were. She was still amazed she had been exposed. That their clan had been exposed.

And it was evident in the text messages on her phone, as her friends were asking WTF basically, she muttered. She did not know how she; Alex and Olivia would explain this one to their friends. So, she had been taking refuge at the hospital since returning to town so that she did not have to deal with it.

But she knew she would have to, eventually as she watched Zack continue to sleep, as she watched as the nurses and doctors bustled outside the door. She saw Olivia and Alex looking in on her, and the Masons had gone to get something to eat. The federal agent was even by and looking in on her, and Zack, and she did not know what he was thinking.

While at the same time her parents, and Olivia’s parents were talking to her grandfather, as they tried to find some reason to keep Max from going back to federal prison. Muttering to herself, she was not paying attention to the bed when she heard muttering.

She turned and saw Zack’s eyes were open. “Zack,” she whispered.

“Where am I?” Zack asked as his throat was dry, as he looked around and saw a hospital room, and then he saw Amelia as he was relieved to glance over and see that he was not handcuffed to the bed, but of course he did not know what that meant.

“Roswell,” Amelia sighed. “You are back home.”

“Home?” Zack asked.

“Maybe not if your parents have something to say,” she said as she saw the frown on his face. “Yeah, they are here, and boy, they were not very happy.”

“I imagine,” Zack sighed as he looked around again. “Am…”

“You have not been arrested yet, and neither have I” Amelia laughed as she hit the button for the nurse, and naturally, they came running, and immediately assessed his condition while Amelia watched as the rest of the clan’s adults come running, and it was odd to see everyone in his room as Zack looked up and saw his parents, and then he saw Olivia, and then he even saw Max and Liz. Which surprised him because he figured as soon as Max showed his face again. That they would march him up to the prison once again.

God, he muttered this is some life he sighed. “Mom, Dad” he said of the Masons.

“Zack, are you crazy?” Tony asked. “Should we be asking the doctor if the bullet did any brain damage or something?”

“It’s a thought,” Zack muttered. “But the bullet did not cause it. Mom, Dad, I am sorry you had to come?”

“Well, when our son is wanted by federal authorities for staging a prisoner breakout, then yeah, we come running” Tony muttered as he glanced over at Max, and the back at his son and Zack could sense that things were tense which was an understatement and even though Liz had told him that Olivia was involved. Still, it did not make a lot of sense to them. “Son, what has possessed you. What were you thinking?”

“You had to be here,” Zack sighed and knew that would not be going over well with his parents and Amelia and Olivia looked amused.

“Well, you will not be here any longer” Tony Mason muttered. “Once the doctors have cleared you, and we get this nonsense sorted out with the federal authorities than you will be coming home with us, and you will return to your life, and there will be nothing more about Roswell, do you hear me?”

“Hell no,” Zack muttered. “I belong here” he said as he looked at Amelia and Olivia, and even Max, and Olivia grinned because she had known this all a long. It would be hard to keep him away, from this town once he knew the nitty gritty. “I am almost eighteen.”

“But you are not eighteen yet, and therefore you are a minor, and we make the rules. All this nonsense is over. No more riding the roads, or the country. And doing whatever you want. Do you hear me. You will be coming home with you mother and I, and returning to your normal life, and your school in the fall where you will be graduating, do you hear me?”

Max and Liz took each other’s hand and walked out of the room along with Olivia as they left Zack to battle with his parents over their wishes for him. Max did not envy the parents. Because it was no life to deal with, their children. “They want him to be normal?” Max muttered to his wife. Its what Tess told me he was in the beginning…

“No one wants this life,” Liz sighed. “But at the end of the day. You have to accept it for what it is, and they will eventually get it.”

“Will they?” Max asked.

“Yes, if they love their son and I do think they do,” Liz smiled as kissed as Serena walked into the area with Isabel. The two blondes had been talking. “Serena,” Max muttered some life he muttered to himself. “Any chance you know what is going to happen, now?”

“We might have only one more option left,” Serena muttered.

“And that is?” Liz asked as Olivia and Alex approached. Amelia was still in with Zack and his parents.

“Tell the truth” Serena muttered. “This whole story has been one of surprises, and maybe it is time we take the knees out of the federal government and tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.”
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Story of My Life (CC, Mature) - Chapter 73 - 04/21/2021

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Yes Max, your tribe is a complicated bunch of people.
Diane and Phillip show up......along with Jeff Parker......
What a party.......and now Max is outed.
The whole clan is exposed, so it is time to tell the truth.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

The Story of My Life - Chapter 74 - 04/23/2021

Post by Parker1947 »

As the group was gathered around as the future of their families was being discussed. No one could figure out a way this story would end, “You have been watching television,” Olivia muttered as she remembered that was what Zack had been advising all this time as they were allowing the suggestion to sink in. She had poopooed that because she knew their small town would not like finding out that not everyone was normal in their little town. Of course, that has been taken out of the barn, and the town now has suspicions. Still, it was a lot to tell the whole unbridled truth as she could tell that both of her parents, and Isabel were unsure.

Hell, she was unsure.

Telling the truth does not always help…

“I have also been in the atmosphere of a prison,” Serena muttered as she answered Olivia as she turned back to Max “You cannot go back into then because they will be gunning for you more than they were before. Which is why the warden wanted you out of his because the inmates knowing you are special will be gunning to make an example out of you. You were better served as a patsy.”

“Obviously, he was not because they were trying to kill him” Olivia muttered.

“Max was not putting up a much of a fight of defense, but they would have snapped his restraint and he would have acted up,” Serena muttered “It would have been a surprise because they had no idea what to expect. Now, that they know something is off with you, they will not want to deal with you, to prove that they are tougher than you are, and they are number one, and so maybe it is time you tell the truth… And try to get them to see that seventeen years is enough. If they wash their hands with you, then they will not have to deal with you again.”

“They still think I caused the army base explosion,” Max muttered.

“Anything else would have gotten you out of there years ago,” Isabel muttered as she looked at Liz who looked away.

“I do not know if I can do it” Max muttered as he did not like having to think he would have to wear the whole truth. “I never wanted the truth to be known,” he sighed. “It causes more trouble than it helps.”

“At this point. The media is running with it. Might as well as get your story out there, your way, and then maybe you can get the public opinion on your side. If the federal government thinks that they have lost the public support…”

“Maybe,” Max thought.

“You do not have a lot of time,” Isabel advised. “And really Max if we had told the truth back in the beginning. To Mom and Dad, and to everyone. Maybe you would not have ended up where you have spent these years. Seventeen years is a long time to lie about yourself. Hell, it been a lot longer than that. Almost twenty years since that day,” she muttered as she looked at Liz who nodded. “We have to tell our whole truth. Living a lie now would be worse than it was in the beginning?” she acknowledged. “But you have to make a decision quickly. Because they have told me they will make a decision about your fate in a day or two”

“All I want to do is go home with my wife and daughter,” Max muttered. “I cannot think about this anymore today. So, let us go home” he said to his girls.

Liz smiled. As it was something she had longed to hear. All these years, and she grabbed onto her daughter’s hand, and she and Max pushed through the media outside the hospital. “No comment,” she called as they walked and got into their car…

24 hours later,

Max, Liz, and Olivia stood in front of the house that Liz and Olivia had lived in for so long. For the last twenty-four hours, it had been a zoo with eyes on them. People wondering. Neighbors looking at them as they returned home from the hospital. Max did not want this for his wife and daughter. This has been this safe place, and now the safety had been taken away from them, and it was because it was the unknown.
So, they stood outside as a makeshift speaker’s lectern had been set up. Not so unlike the one he encountered at graduation.

A short time before his life was taken from him. But the one thing he knew, was he had his family’s life.

Phillip and Diane were standing behind them. Isabel was on their side, with Kyle and their children Maxine and Kate. Making it apparent they were a united family.

“Yes, we are aliens,” Max announced in the glare of the lights, and the cameras. “My name is Max Evans, and this is my wife, Elizabeth and our daughter Olivia Evans. For the last seventeen years you have thought you knew my story. But you really did not because you have been told a story by the government.

To get this out, once and for all. I am innocent of what I have been accused of. I did not set the army base explosion. I did not kill those people. Others did, and one person was the lone person responsible to do it, even though I did not know this until recently, So, yes, all you need to know is I am innocent. You might not believe me, but it is the truth.

My truth.

Yes, we look the same as you and your loves. Because we are the same as you and your love ones. But all this begun in 1947 when yes, there was a crash here in New Mexico. Myself, my sister Isabel, and our best friend Michael landed here, but we did not hatch or were not born until 1987. Out in some caves, near town. That might seem strange. And yes, it is strange. You might choose not to believe us, but it is a tale that is true.

As I said, we landed here, and we hatched not far from here. We looked like any other child. You would not think otherwise if you had driven past us on that day. And fortunately for my sister and myself. Our parents did, and we were rescued by Phillip and Diane Evans. They would adopt us and give us a home, and a life.

We would grow up to as normal, everyday citizens but we knew we were odd. We knew we were different. We might have love to look like you, but we knew we were special. We knew we had special gifts. Exceptional abilities. But we loved our lives. And we still do. We wanted to fit in and hide who we are. We wanted to be just like you…

Until the day when I met the woman who would become my wife. I had loved her from third grade when I first set my eyes on the women I would love for my entire lifetime. She was just another girl on the playground in a cupcake dress. But she was special. She was the one. And just like anyone else. We grew up, and she did not know I was alive, until a shooter came in her father’s restaurant and almost took her life. Bullets rang out on that day. As I have said we all have unique gifts. Some that are like each other. But some that are unique to us. And mine is to heal. On that day when a bullet rang out in to the Crashdown.

I could have let Liz die. And go on and not do anything. Or I could step in and save her. I stepped in, and I brought her on a ride of a lifetime. Unbeknownst to us on that day, I would change her. No, not everyone is changed because they happened to be healed by me. But some are, and my wife was one of them. I never asked for this. Because I know it can be a hard life. You would not want this to be your life. We can do exceptional things. But we know what it means to be who we are. So, we do not go by this lightly.

There was no one like Liz Parker. My soulmate. My reason for living. I know what the government has told you about our relationship, but it is a lie. I would be dead if it were not for her. If I had wanted her to die. Would I have stepped in and saved her? Yes, you can say we all change. Life is full of choices, and little moments. And certainly, for us, we make choices and mistakes. Like any teenage couple out there.

Yes, I was unfaithful to her, and that resulted in a son that I had with someone else. Zack Mason is his name. And his birth mother was Tess Harding. She wanted me for her purposes, and for her own purpose. I went with her willingly. She did not force herself on me, but she caused a lot of pain, and a lot of hurt. In ways you will never know. I am sorry for my association with her, but I will never be sorry for our son, who I would put up for adoption so that he could have a better life. And he has had a better life than the one he would have had with us.

I would marry Liz, and unfortunately before our wedding, and once again unbeknownst to us. The woman I was involved for a short time set in motion consequences that would have a dire effect on me. I did not do the crime they have accused of me. I confessed because I was saving my family. My sister, and our friend Michael from being picked up, and being tortured for simply being who we are. You see there was a Special Unit. A branch of the FBI and they believed aliens were real, but that we are dangerous. And yes, there are people like us, and they are dangerous. They cause pain. They only see life in one way. How it works for them. But the Special Unit believed every person with special abilities, and we are a small group should be eliminated. I feared for my sister and our friend. Because I had once been picked up and subjected to treatment that you would not wish on your worst enemy. I lived through it, but I did not want anyone else to experience that.

So, when the army base exploded. Which I believed to be done by Tess Harding because she like my sister and Michael. She came to this planet at the same time as us, but she was raised by a man who would raise her to want one thing. And to use any method to get it. She ultimately saw that there were downsides to this. But she was callous, and she had no hesitancy in causing chaos. She died in the explosion. We believed she had been the one to set it. And early reports had the authorities looking for her, but she set off circumstances that would change us. So, they were coming after us. So, I had a choice. I could fight them or protect those I loved, and that included my wife. So, I picked the protection of my wife, and my family. And I confessed to the crime even though I did not do it. We would end up discovering that it was a man whose name was Kal Langley. Someone who came to this planet with us, in our ship. He was what you call, our watcher. He was supposed to make sure we were safe. And to clean up our messes. I know how that sounds. So, we have evidence he cleaned up Tess’s ultimate mess. And caused the explosion that would take people’s including Tess.

The FBI would accuse me of certain acts against my wife. Yes, it is a hell of a story. And you people are not going to believe the true story. So, I will not even try to tell it, but I did not hurt willingly hurt my wife. I will love her until we die. She is the only woman I have ever loved. I made mistakes in our relationship, but it was never with the intention of hurting her. I never wanted that, and unfortunately the circumstances of that encounter in Vermont is a difficult story, and one that at the end of the day you will not believe. So, I know I will have to wear the hat of whatever you believe.

Whether you believe any of this or not.

I hope you do believe because I love my wife. I love the daughter we had together, and I love my family. I have only ever wanted to protect them.

To this day.

Max stopped speaking and stepped back. And Liz started speaking. As my husband said, you will believe our truth, or you will not. But it is the truth. Some of you may consider it insane and make-believe but I do love my husband. You may also believe that I am one of those women standing by my man. Who will excuse anything and everything and maybe that is what I am doing?

But my husband is a good man. All he wanted to do was protect those he loved, and because of that, I could never leave him because he saved my life. He did not try to end it. So, yes, it has been an incredible life, but one I will never regret.

We have a wonderful family, and we share an incredible daughter. Who is just like your child because she is special, but of course to all parents, their children are special and exceptional, and Olivia is no different? And therefore, I hope you let us live our lives without judgment because this has been the only home I have ever known, or Olivia has ever known and it will be shame if we have to leave Roswell because we are not allowed to be who we are, and accepted for who we are.

We are releasing evidence to indicate that my husband is not guilty of the army base explosion. We gave it to the federal government to prove that there was someone else, Kal Langley who did the awful deed, but they refused to believe us. All they saw was my husband’s confession. They did not care about making sure they have the right one for the crime. As much husband said. You will believe what you will want to believe. We all do. But please believe us, that we do not mean harm to anyone.
Liz stopped speaking as she stepped aside because she knew the true story of that day in Vermont was one that no one would believe. And you had to believe in the concept of aliens, and the transference of souls and bodies to even think it was plausible. As they stepped away from the crowds. “Excellent speech honey,” of the one Olivia wrote for her father.

“Do you think anyone believed it?” Olivia wondered even if she knew from the reaction from her friends. Not many did. Which gave her, Alex, and Amelia safe harbour to be around their friends. But there was always going to be the worry.

“Who knows,” Max sighed. “But it’s the truth. Our truth.”

“What happens now?” Olivia wondered.

“I guess, we will find out” Liz sighed as she and Max leaned in for a passionate kiss, one that the camera’s caught and it made them go insane, as it was played on loop on television all that night, and it made the government go crazy as the were realizing that they were losing the war at the end of all the battles.

“Enough of this crap. I have had enough of this. You need to settle that crap. I am getting tired of it, so give them what they want. End it. Settle it. Because I do not want to see that family ever again” muttered the man behind the desk, as he flung down the phone, and he turned off the television and paused face of Liz. “You are to not make me look stupid, but you are to end this.”

“Yes, sir” as his flunky called Agent Dave Barker, and told him to stand down.

Which he did.

One week later,

The government finally bended, and gave in. As Max signed an agreement with Isabel by his side. One that was negotiated, but was fair, and most of all, it would end the long drama. Max would be getting his freedom. The court would reverse the conviction on the army base explosion. And he would be released. And while he would have time served on the other charges. There was agreement by the government that someone else, Kal Langley did the crime. But with him dead. The case would be closed.

There would be no settlement with the government over the treatment of Max, or any of them. But Max was fine with it. Liz was too, because all they wanted was to spend their lives together, and now would be getting their chance.

“I love you,” Max said as they kissed as they exited the law office. While at the same time as her father was given his freedom. Olivia was at the airport watching with Amelia as Zack was leaving for New York. Cleared by the medical professional and now forced to go home by his parents. Given his age. He did not have the leverage, and especially once with the help of Isabel and his parents. They got him off the hook with the government.

As the government gave him a slap on the wrist. While Olivia had offered to confess. Zack refused his half sister’s request, and he took the blame, and there was agreement that if he did nothing else bad that his record would be wiped when 21, but he would not be allowed to come back to the State of New Mexico until he reached that birthday.

Which put a crimp into his flirtation with Amelia and now they were kissing much to consternation of his parents, as Olivia just was watching with amusement because despite her concerns. Amelia seemed to want Zack.

As they stopped kissing. “I take it that is a yes,” Zack said with a smile.

“Yes,” Amelia laughed. “If you are sure…”

“I am sure,” Zack sighed as he looked over at the amusement in Olivia’s eyes, and the frown on his parents faces. “It’s over with Jennifer,” he admitted even though he did not admit that it was Jennifer who had called it off with a text. “But I want something with you, if you want to try, but I know it’s going to be long distance.”

“Because you cannot step foot in this state for a few more years,” Amelia asked.

“At least it’s not that much of wait, and I think we can find a way to see each other” Zack asked. “If you want to be my girlfriend?”

“I do,” Amelia said as they kissed as the Mason’s came over to the young couple. “Maybe I will pick New York when it comes time for university?” she said as they stopped, only for them to kiss once more.

“That is enough,” said Jennie Mason before Zack could respond to speculation of her university plans.

“No, it is not, but enough for now” Amelia murmured as she watched as Zack got on the plane, and she turned back and faced her best friend who had driven her to the airport. “Shut up.” she with mutter but also a laugh.

“You better know what you have signed up for,” Olivia asked of her friend as she put her arm around her friend, and they walked to her car. Amelia was finally going for her driver’s test the following day. So, Olivia had been the one to drive them to the airport and figured her friend would need the support as they saw they saw there not so friendly agent Barker was getting on his own flight to Washington.

Knowing that he did not have all the answers. But he was ordered home. His investigation ruled void by the agreement that Max Evans had made with the government and the court. And so, he watched as Evans and Guerin walked away, and got in their car.

“Are we ready for the future?” Olivia asked.

“We better be,” Amelia laughed as she thought of Zack and all that had gone one while he was in Roswell, and what the future might be as back at the house. Isabel’s car stopped in front of the house, and Max looked at it, and the bright future that he could have from today on, as he smiled as he felt his wife’s hand in his

“We are home, are we not?” Max asked as he looked at Liz.

“Yes, what do you want to do now?” Liz asked as she thought of the future.

“Be with you, and be with Olivia” Max smiled as they got out of the car after saying thank you to Isabel, as they grasped hands despite their eyes on them, and they walked into the house, and slammed the door behind them…

The story of their lives would continue to be written…

Because they were together…

AUTHOR"s Note: Yes, we have finally come to the end. But I could not end without giving you guys a sense of what the future might be, at least in the short-term. So, come back for the final look at the life they are leading...