The Intimacy of Strangers (CC,M/L,Adult)*Complete*4/4/15

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Intimacy of Strangers (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 8 1/12/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Wow! Wow! That was really hot! I honestly believe that Liz is going to weaken in time. Great part hurry back!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Hey Carrie, wow!! that was hot!

Not only the love but the hate too! :shock: :? Even if I understand Liz and her right of telling what she thought and still thinks about all that happened, Max must understands that it must be this way...

Getting the 'table clear', if I can say so, is a necessity in this case and getting everything out of their systems can help them deal with it and forgive each other...

Waiting for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

WOW.......WOW.....WOW....
This has got to be my very FAVORITE part you have ever written Carrie!
And can I say, it is about time all of this is addressed........and acted on.

Of course I'm thrilled that your muse returned in such an outstanding fashion.
We can only imagine the flashes of memories Liz is receiving.......no matter how Max wanted to protect her.
Liz certainly isn't the innocent girl he once knew.........and now Max tries to warp his memories away.
Go for it Liz........"transfer of power".........who could ever forget that visual?
I guess Liz is realizing how much Max has changed........
But famous last words.........."this changes nothing"!

WOW.......this says it all! Just what we wanted on the TV show and never got.
What would we do without you Carrie?
Now I must go read this again........and again.
I am speechless.
Carolyn
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Great update.
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Intimacy of Strangers (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 9 2/2/15

Post by jake17 »

Lizza
sarammlover
saori
Carolyn (thank you so much!!)
Alysluv
Roswelllostcause
Eve

Big thanks to those above for always being so supportive, and all you who are following this, so appreciate it!

Chapter nine

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare

Fumbling towards the woods, Max was reaching out for large pine trees bracing against them for support.

Still in a drunk, dizzy, haze from the touch of her skin, the taste still lingering along his lips, he was lost, caught between the knowledge of knowing he was the only one that could make her feel that way and the realization that she didn’t care.

Pulling out his cell as he reached the highest point of the mountain he called Michael with little hope that he’d actually answer.

Collapsing on a large rock that looked out over the valley below as dawn was breaking he sighed heavily with relief.

“Hey Max! What’s up?”

The sound of slot machines, drunks, and thumping music played out in the background making it hard to hear him.

Max’s voice was strained as he tried to hold back the turmoil that was stirring inside him.

“MIchael, please tell me that you have everything.”

He could hear a woman’s muffled voice capturing Michael’s attention away, after a long pause, he became inpatient.

“Michael!”

After moving to a different, more quieter location MIchael cleared his throat attempting to straddle the very fine line as to what and was not his business.

“I can hear it in your voice, something happened, do you want to talk about it?”

Unable to talk. Max asked again in a more urgent manner.

“MIchael, fucking cut the shit, do you have the passports, the birth certificates, do you have everything we need?”

Groaning he waved his hand over a stack of five dollars chips turning them into five hundred dollar chips.

“Shit, you slept with her, Jesus Christ Max, you’re just a glutton for punishment aren’t you?!”

Eyeing the blackjack tables as a tall redhead hung off his shoulder he shook his head.

“Before you completely lose your shit, yes, I got everything … Mr. Devon Peters, from Alberta, Canada.”

Tears of relief filled his eyes as he gazed out at the rising sun that splintered into a haze of violet and fuchsia clouds.

“Not so fast, I’m not handing anything over to you until we sit down face to face and talk Max, what you’re thinking of doing is pure insanity, not to mention dangerous, possible deadly.”

Max wasn’t listening, in fact he didn’t register anything except that he was almost, nearly, free of all of this.

“How fast can you get here?”

Michael’s plan was to give Max time, stretch this out as long as possible, but the sound in his voice had him worried, he had to change his mind, before he became desperate and did something stupid without even having the proper paperwork.

“I’m calling the airline now, I’ll be there as soon as possible, just promise me you won’t do anything stupid, just hold on, please Maxwell, wait till I get there before making any decisions that can’t be undone.”

Nodding brushing his dark hair from his eyes he crumbled inside, drained, exhausted, he felt like a fool thinking he could handle any kind of intimacy with her.

“I promise, but hurry MIchael… please, I need you here. I’m drowning, everything’s slipping away.”

Removing his arm from the tall redhead, MIchael slipped her a handful of chips, nodding in the direction of the tables, motioning her to go with a wink and one of his classic grins.

“I’ll be there as soon as I can, just hang on a little longer, I promise we’ll find another way, together, just promise me Max, promise me you won’t do anything till we talk.”

Shivering from the pain rushing through him, Max let out a shuddered weak ‘ok’ before hanging up.

He felt as though he was sleepwalking, as though this was all a dream, or a nightmare, it was all becoming more and more unclear by the minute.

Pushing past the tree limbs his bare feet shuffled along the dewy grass replaying it all over in his head,

He was too in love to let her go, from the beginning, from the first time he laid eyes on her when he stepped off that bus.

He could see it all as if it happened yesterday, spotting her across the playground outside school, her bright smile lighting up his lonely world like the sun taking all his sadness and fear away.

A crowd of kids were all around her, Maria was there, talking with her, but in his memory it all faded away until it was just her standing there, looking back at him.

Passing out onto his bed, he fell into a deep sleep, it had been over two weeks since he had more than two hours over the course of a night, his body had taken over, his memories lulling him into a slumber that was out of his control.

~~~~~~~~~

Two am, basement

Downstairs LIz was in the fetal position, in her bed, still feeling the effects of him.

Her skin was tingling with an electric charge, a ripple of waves continuously washed over her, her tough act was just that, an act, she melted beneath his touch, was swept away by his desperate need to have her.

She meant everything she said about Tess, but somehow letting it all out just led to more questions that went left unanswered.

Holding her head flashes were coming fast, too wiped out to use the trick he taught her, she was helpless to hold them back.

Liz could see him in her minds eye, standing on her balcony, watching her in bed with Kyle, the expression of shock and pain was unbearable.

The entire memory of Future Max was somewhat muddled, unclear, but she remembered pushing Max away, constantly reinforcing the lie that she had slept with Kyle no matter how much he refused to believe.

She heard Tess in her mind suddenly, “Even when he was with me, he was always thinking of you, it was you he loved, always you.”

Liz jumped seeing the huge explosive at the military base, a fireball rising up as far as she could see, Tess was dead. Alex was dead, most everyone they knew was dead.

An emptiness filled her, a cold paralyzing fear, suddenly she was back in the desert.

It was the moment before he mindwarped her, squeezing her eyes shut she turned over in bed with her hands clasped hard over her ears as the sound of the helicopters approaching them closed in.

Jumping up she took off, running as fast as possible she took the stairs two by two, sliding around the corners until she came to his bedroom door.

Placing her hand lightly against the door, without much thought than to find out the truth at any cost, she turned the doorknob.

Standing on the side of the bed she looked down at him sleeping, he looked worn, lines that had gone unnoticed before spread across his forehead, even asleep his hands were balled into fists.

Liz approached him until her legs hit the side of the mattress, dressed in his over sized tee shirt too big for her one side had fallen past her shoulder, beneath his boxers were folded several times over her slender waist.

Her hair was a mess, wild, long, the tips covering her still vibrating heated skin.

“Max.”

She whispered softly, her voice shaky, unable to retain the strong angry tone that she had since she arrived.

Turned towards the wall, away from her, his eyes flickered slowly open wondering if he was dreaming again, hallucinating, his mind playing cruel tricks on him like so many times before.

“Max, please wake up, we need to talk.”

Wincing, he sat up, feeling as if he had been hit by a truck he looked straight ahead.

He was wearing his signature black clothes, black tee shirt, sweatpants, her eyes immediately lowered to the rise of his shirt revealing his hard muscular stomach, and how his pants hung just below his hip bones, his hair was messy, off in every direction.

“I don’t want to be mean Liz, but I don’t think I can handle any more accusations tonight. I’m too… tired, just too worn down. I got a hold of Michael, depending on what flight he was able to get he should be here by tomorrow night the latest.”

Nodding Liz quietly spoke. “Ok, but Max I really need to talk to you. I promise I’ll be civil, this isn't an interrogation, there are just some things I need to understand.”

Sighing, Max held his head before stealing a glance up at her, it was a mistake, one that he couldn’t afford to make, he was too vulnerable, too devastated, and she was too beautiful, she was his Liz, something that he wasn’t sure any mindwarp could wipe away.

“I really don’t see the point, as soon as Michael gets here this, us, it won’t matter anymore. You’ll have a new identity, a new life, we both will, you just have to be very careful. I won't have any memory of this life, I won't be able to protect you, but Michael will always be there for you if you need him.”

Sitting next to him on the bed, forcing him to move over she pulled her knees up to her chest.

“So you’re still thinking of going through with it.”

“Not thinking, it’s going to happen, I can’t do this anymore.”

Staying calm, keeping her voice soft, she tilted her head to the side gazing off into nothing, deep in thought.

“I remembered that night.”

Clutching his thick hair he tensed his muscles, “Liz, I’m sorry, I can’t do this again.”

“No, I don’t mean what happened… the murders, I mean being in the desert afterwards.”

Rubbing the back of his sore neck he slurred his words completely drained. “LIz, please, nothing is going to change, it’s just going to dredge up more shit, and I just, I’m sorry I can’t.”

Turning towards him, she reached out for his hands that were clawing into his scalp and brought them down between them, holding them gently.

“I need something from you. I need you to do what we did when we were kids. That night, after I found out what you were, when you came to my house. You reversed the flashes, showed me what was in your mind. I need to know what you were feeling that night, in that moment. Do this and I promise no matter what I’ll walk away without a word.”

“No, absolutely not, it’s over, it’s done Liz. I ruined both our lives, I’m not rehashing it all again for nothing. Just build a new life for yourself and get as far away as possible from me.”

Liz knew that the things she said to him the night before about Tess, while warranted, had changed something in him. He was truly broken, she understood that he’d never agree to what she was asking volunteeringly.

So she took matters into her own hands.

“Ok Max, I understand, you’re right. I’m going to go back down stairs, send Michael down when he gets here.”

Breathing out Max relaxed, his shoulders slumped down, his eyes slid shut, it was finally over.

It was then that he felt her quickly straddle his waist, pinning him down between her thighs she pushed his chest back against headboard.

“LIz - “

“Shh, look at me Max.”

Pressing her forehead to his, giving him no time to think or react she concentrated as best as she could on that night.

Running her hands up the back of his neck she grasped his hair tight between her fingers forcing him to look into her eyes.

“That night, in the desert, we were there together, think back Max. They were coming to get us, we could hear the blades of the helicopters. Think Max think!”

His hands gripped her hips tight, furious at her for pushing this on him. In reality he had the power to just pull her off, to shut his mind to her, but his will was broken, he had no fight left.

Widening his golden eyes she gasped as they began to glow pulling her in, drawing her closer, deeper into his mind.

Within seconds she was there, seeing everything through his perspective, feeling everything he was feeling.

Terror, unimaginable guilt, torturous fear for her rushed unexpectedly, rapidly through her veins as she saw herself covered in blood shaking, crying.

Confusion, despair, the heavy burden of responsibility crushed her as she saw her image, felt his emotions.

His inner dialogue was like lightning in her head, it hurt, it was pure agony.

‘They’re coming, I only have a few seconds, she’ll never be able to live through what happened… no i can’t, I can’t live without her. Just go Max, just take her and run.’

Liz’s jaw tightened as she tried to pull away from him but he wouldn’t have it, if she wanted to know what it was like, so be it, he wasn’t about to stop now.

Moving his hands from her hips to her temples he kept her there, letting the memories flow.

‘I can’t do this, I can’t do this. Look at her, she’s destroyed, she’ll never survive this. What if they catch us, they’ll throw her in the white room, they’ll torture her, oh my god I can’t let that happen. She’ll never get out of there, they’ll take her apart. Don’t be so fucking selfish, you already took away the life she was meant to have, husband, kids, a chance at a normal life, now you’re going to let her die in their hands. oh god they’re coming, there’s no where to run, I can’t get her out of here, please god, help me, help me, please god, no no no, I can’t let her go, I love you Liz, I love you so much, I'll do anything, anything, oh god please please… “

Liz was fighting him now, using all her strength to push him away, but he had his legs wrapped around her trapping her there as the tips of his fingers began to glow.

She felt her heart tear in half, his heart, she was now staring into her own eyes, wide with trust and love.

Liz now saw Michael riding up on his dirt bike, she felt Max start to put a plan together, a plan to get her out, to save her, to give her a chance at a normal life.

She heard them arguing, Michael pleading for him not to do this, she also felt it in her heart, his heart, she was the only thing that mattered, her life, her safety, his love for her would be the very thing that would save her in the end, he had to set her free.

The anguish was unimaginable, she felt the betrayal in his soul, the lies, how he could never tell her about his ability to mindwarp, it would be too painful, Alex, the baby, everything he put her through, he could never hurt her again, he swore that he would never use it, he could never mind warp anyone, he had any intention of using it, never, ever.

It was all to protect her, all to give her a life he could never provide, a happiness she deserved.

‘Just do it, you have to do it now they’re coming, Liz, my sweet Liz, there’s no words for what you’ve given me, what your love has meant to me… please god help me, I can’t… there here, I have no choice. I have no choice...’

She felt actual stabbing sharp pain in his heart as he reached for her,’ I’ll never forget, I’ll love you forever Liz, they’ll never be any other, my heart belongs to you, and only you.’

As the mindwarp began, as the actual words were spoken, Liz broke their connection screaming as loud as she possibly could.

“Stop! Stop! Please I’m begging you stop Max!!”

His hands fell from her as he collapsed back nearly passing out, heavily breathing as if he had run a marathon.

Sweat covered him as he lifted his eyes up to her silently acknowledging what had just happened.

Breathless, she held her head as his tormented sobs for her still echoed in her mind.

“Are you happy now?”

Wrapping his arms around his stomach he rasped, barely able to speak, torn to pieces from being forced to relive the worst moment of his life.

“Did you get what you wanted Liz?”

* I know I can be a little vague sometimes so... just in case, Liz forced him to reverse their connection during the moment in the desert before he mindwarped her, she saw everything through his eyes, felt everything he was feeling, that's why the words are all mushed together, it was his inner dialogue that she was hearing. *
Last edited by jake17 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Intimacy of Strangers (CC,M/L,Adult)chpt 9 2/2/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Great part! Can't wait for the next one!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Wow! I can't believe that they both went so far in torturing themselves... accusing each other from all the problems they had with the aliens, starting with Alex's death...

It is only destructive and its never going to be recovered... EVE :?
Last edited by begonia9508 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

All caught up. Damn this is such a good story.
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

Wow :wink:
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Carrie,
That was a heart wrenching experience.......
How is Liz going to live with herself now after knowing what Max went through before he mindwarped here?
Will Michael be able to save this situation?
What lies ahead for these two tortured souls?
Thank you,
Carolyn