Everloving (CC, M&L, MATURE) - COMPLETE

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Everloving (CC, M&L, MATURE) - COMPLETE

Post by memory_echo »

Title: “Everloving”

Rating: MATURE

Disclaimer: Written for love, not for profit. Although they are in my heart, these characters do not legally belong to me. They belong to: Melinda Metz and Laura Burns who created them, Jason Katims who developed them, 20th Century Fox Television and Regency Television who produced them and the WB and UPN who broadcasted them.

Summary: Set in “Graduation”, after Liz accepted Max's proposal. Here's my take on what could've happened before the camera faded out.

Author's Notes: This story was meant to be posted on a special day. Could there be a more special day than a wedding anniversary? I was always very tongue-tied whenever anyone asked me why I was so fond of Max & Liz (from the original books as well as the show). My fingers were agile, unlike my stilled tongue, and this story is the answer to that question. This fic is my way of paying homage to the most sublime love story ever told; it's my toast to their thirteen years of marriage. With this fic, I am metaphorically raising my glass of champagne… er, make that an Alien Blast (means a lot more to them, right? ;)) to celebrate their awe-inspiring love. I invite all my fellow Dreamers to join me in this toast for our favorite couple!

Warning: Those readers who expect to read smut are going to be sorely disappointed, because they will not find it in this story.

Acknowledgements: How could I not thank Melinda Metz & Laura Burns for creating such magnificent characters? How could I not thank Shiri Appleby and Jason Behr for incarnating such a beautiful love? I would like to thank behrbabe (for the magnificent banner), O2Shea and BringMeBack from the bottom of my heart. Your priceless contributions and feedback made this story possible!

Also thanks to: a poster by the name of Coccy who made a wallpaper that was quite an inspiration for me. I would like to express my gratitude for that also.

"I'm writing for my ideal reader, for somebody who's willing to take the time, who's willing to get lost in a new world, who's willing to do their part. But then I have to do my part and give them a sound and a voice that they believe in enough to keep going."

Elizabeth Strout

For O2Shea, the living proof that the ideal reader is, after all, one of life's most magnanimous realities.

Part 1: As Above, so Below

Author's Notes: This part contains references to Melinda Metz's The Watcher, Plato's Symposium, and the 'sleeping cure' is a reference to my previous story Hell's Gate.

Their lips met in a long, grateful, amorous kiss, and only then did they realize they hadn't dreamt that proposal up.

The promises contained in that kiss forced Max to break from it. He couldn't let things go too far – he didn't want to rush Liz into anything, especially because she had called him there for a reason still unknown to him. He leaned his forehead on hers and smiled sheepishly. "I'm sorry… You wanted to tell me something?"

His voice crept in her exhilaration and she opened her eyes slowly, unwilling to waive the ardency of their contact.

"Uh… yeah… I wanted to show you…" Liz walked into her bedroom, emerging shortly after with two papers in her hand. She handed him one.

"What's this?"

"Come here." Tenderly, she took his hand and guided him to the telescope. She set the coordinates that she knew by heart while he read the paper. His curiosity piqued when he saw the words 'Star Registry', 'Max', 'Liz', and a set of coordinates. "Take a look." Max looked through the telescope and was staggered by the sight: in the dark wilderness of the Cosmos, he gazed at a small region of enchanting light, with the brightest stars he had ever seen.

"Liz!…"

"Did you find them?" She smiled in anticipation.

"If you're referring to the brightest of the bunch, yes."

"It's a binary system. To the naked eye, it looks just like one big star. The first time I noticed them was when you saved my life at the Crashdown… that tiny speck of light in the infinite dark sky… It was there when you allowed me to say goodbye to my grandmother; it was there when we first kissed; it was there when we took a step back; it was there that night we went to the desert to find the orb; it was there when we jumped off the bridge; it was there when you serenaded to me…"

Her dreamy voice trailed off… Max's memories of all of those moments flashed before his eyes with the binary pair as background, and he had to smile, reliving every emotion she evoked in his heart. "You decided to register them in our name," he finished her thought, softly.

"It felt like a good investment." Liz replied in the same tone.

"Investing in eternity…!" Max chuckled.

"Yeah…" They were both lost in the majesty of that celestial sight.

"They're located in the center of the Lagoon Nebula in the Sagittarius Constellation." Max read in the paper registry.

"They're young, just a couple million years old," Liz said.

"Young?!"

"The oldest star ever found is 13 billion years old."

"I hope we can last that long!" Max sighed.

"Well, they're not too big, so they'll live a lot longer-"

"I wasn't talking about our stars," Max said, finally taking his eyes off the telescope. They gleamed as strongly as the stars above and Liz blushed under his gaze.

"I know," she murmured, looking at him with equal intensity. "Do you think we can last that long?" She wondered, unable to hide the yearning in her voice.

"I'm sure we can last longer than the longest star," he said, putting his arms around her waist, closing the space between them completely.

There wasn't any rational basis for his words, but when she wrapped her arms around him, around his strength, and felt his heart beating against hers, she believed that the mortal plane would never taper their love off.

"I mean, it's not like those stars have someone to bring them back from the dead," he added, with a knowing smile. Liz gave a hearty laugh in response. He planted lingering kisses on her forehead as he spoke softly: "Thank you for the wonderful gift… for saving my life… for teaching me about Humanity… about Love… for loving me when I didn't deserve it-"

She cupped his face in her hands and looked deeply into his eyes. "You were never undeserving!" She assured him, just before her lips covered his.

There was no denying the yearnings that kiss contained. As it deepened, both of them knew that nothing and nobody would come between them. A random night sound startled him and he looked around nervously, wondering if they could ever have a peaceful night.

"So, how long are your parents going to stay out?" He asked, glancing at her bedroom window, afraid that they could be home already.

"For a long while," Liz said, self-assured. "They are gonna take their sweet time with this graduation gift. We'll only see them at the ceremony." She opened a smile that made his heart swell. "Isabel and Jesse are at the movies, but they will be at school in time for the ceremony. Michael has already left," she said, dropping the smile for a moment.

"I know; he told me he was leaving… Maria must be distraught." Max sighed, wondering if the impasse between Maria and Michael would ever end.

"She is… I was with her before you arrived, but then I told her you'd be here and she left."

"Just like that?! What exactly did you tell her?"

"I told her the sleeping cure is over," Liz laughed, "and she swore to me that she would stay home 'til the graduation ceremony."

Max's smile spread widely and he held her closer in his arms, pleased with the news. The air around them was getting thicker with the fluttering fever they exuded, but neither of them seemed bothered. The world vanished when her eyes gleamed before him and her lips held that encouraging smile. Liz could feel his heart thudding stronger against her chest and added, in a playful tone, "The Crashdown is closed; all the doors are locked. There's nobody in the building, but us. Do you know what this means?"

He nodded and gulped. He leaned over her, their foreheads touching slightly, and whispered: "Yeah… This is our moment. Just ours. Finally ours!" After a quick kiss, he gave her a mischievous grin: "Do you think Zeus will give us the night off?"

She just smiled and held him tightly: "Oh, we've shown him what we're made of. He's no match for us… trust me."
Last edited by memory_echo on Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:13 am, edited 10 times in total.
∞ Max & Liz – The most sublime Love story ever told! ∞

Here's my latest fic, written for all devout Dreamers out there: Everloving.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Everloving (CC, M&L, MATURE) Part 1, 5/14/2015

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Interesting start!

L-J-L 76
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I'm glad to see you posting it here too. I will read it again and keep up with everyone.
Thanks,
Carolyn
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

Great start <3
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Wow! :oops: That was so romantic... no need to talk a lot, after this part... I am overwhelmed... :wink: EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Everloving (CC, M&L, MATURE) Part 2, 6/24/2015

Post by memory_echo »

L-J-L 76, thanks!

Carolyn (keepsmiling7), I'm surprised you're here too! It's good to have another Dreamer to share this story with. We're so few already…

saori_1902, thank you!

Eve (begonia9508), if you want romantic, you've come to the right place. There's at least two more parts of romantic, if you want to stick around. :wink:

Here's part 2.

I hope you like it! :)

Part 2: Succumbing to the Euphoria

For O2Shea, who celebrated Max and Liz's spiritual connection with me throughout this story!

Author's Notes: This part contains references to "Blind Date".

Indeed; for the first time, the Universe seems to be agreeing with us. With that thought, Max plunged into her warm chocolate eyes and kissed her in earnest, enjoying the feeling of her body molding against his. Without notice, he took her in his arms and walked towards the bedroom, his eyes never leaving hers. She stopped him close to the window.

"What is it?" Max asked, putting her down, gently.

"It's just…" Liz looked around; that balcony had been the center stage of some of the greatest events in their lives, culminating in the most majestic marriage proposal she could've ever dreamed of. She glanced at the wall – the heart that he had painted with their initials was barely showing…

Liz took his hand. "Could you light it again?" She asked, with a wistful smile. Max placed his hand on the bricks dyed red and reignited the symbol of his love. "Thank you! Just promise me one thing: come what may, from this moment on, we won't let fear control us."

"I promise." He said, returning her smile and cradling her gently in his arms, admiring how the heart shone so bright in her gaze. She cupped his face in her hands and brushed her lips against his. The kiss was gentle at first – both of them lost in the soft sweetness of each other's lips. Liz traced his bottom lip, Max flicked out his tongue to taste hers and she felt his breath catch in his throat. They deepened the kiss, savoring each other in their sensual exploration. She wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling their urgency increasing.

An immeasurable need grew deep within her, making her feel that the intensity wasn't enough… Max tore his lips from hers, both gasping for breath. They felt deliciously dizzy and hungry for more kisses. Max scattered kisses on her forehead, cheeks, jaw line, as she tilted her head, giving him access to the soft skin on her neck. He grazed his tongue on her throat, feeling her rampant heartbeat, making his knees tremble. Her hands clutched at his shirt, but it still wasn't enough; she snuggled closer against him, slipping her hands beneath his shirt, marveling at his burning skin. Max couldn't help the pleasurable shudder that her eager touch sparked in his body. He cupped her neck, trailing kisses upward, to that sweet spot behind her ear, feeling her melting against him. The rich sound of her soft moans was the beginning of his undoing.

In the last moment of clarity before succumbing to the euphoria, Max tore away from her. "Liz, we can't…"

"Why?! What's wrong?" She asked, confused, aching for all of him, and seeking the safety of his touch and his warmth again.

Unable to withstand the cold space between them, Max folded his arms around Liz and held her tightly, in an embrace filled with longing. "We can't, not like this," he mumbled, his tone resembling a plea. As much as he wanted to lose himself in that intoxicating passion that consumed both of them, he knew they had to do everything right if they wanted to make this last. This had to last as long as possible!

Liz tried to reason with him, but she couldn't formulate a coherent thought with a beginning, a middle and an end. But just being there, encircled in his arms, listening to his panting breath and his wild heart, left her with no doubts about what he wanted. She held still as he tenderly stroked her cheeks with his thumbs, looking deeply into her eyes. "We can't let this moment end!" He whispered.

Liz was snapped out of her mental fog. "You're right; we can't."
∞ Max & Liz – The most sublime Love story ever told! ∞

Here's my latest fic, written for all devout Dreamers out there: Everloving.
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

awesome. would have loved too see this on the show
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

Me too, Natalie36. Me too.

grear part <3
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh! :shock: What's an abrupt end to a sweet moment! :? Even if Liz was always the reasonable one, this time, Max was...

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I love this dreamer story!
Carolyn