Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 71 - Completed - 7/15/2018

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 35 - Updated - 2/10/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Now Max is finally beginning to be brought into this saga......
Kyle, always a friend brought coffee and donuts.
And answers the questions she asks..........he realized how overwhelming this is for Beth.
Max needs to know what is going on!
Thanks,
Carolyn
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 35 - Updated - 2/10/2018

Post by begonia9508 »

Unbelievable - for me - is the fact that they seem to be afraid to inform Liz about her real life with a husband and a daughter... She knows already a lot now, about her life before... so no way she would panic!

Waiting for more! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I think they are reluctant to tell Beth anything about Max because the big thing about Max is his 'not of this earth' status. Her children are not completely human. Her kidnapping accident are probably a direct result of his status. It's hard enough for her to find out she has a husband and daughter out there that think she is dead but the alien angle just adds more.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Wow another great chapter. So glad that Michael finally called Maria and talked to her. So now Max, Isabel, Grace, Elizabeth, Jake all are in the dark about what is really going on. Hopefully Michael, Jim and Kyle will tell them something soon. Loved how Kyle was there to talk to Beth. Poor Alexandrea, Carrie, Liz all three of them has a lot to deal with. Hopefully Beth will do some test to find out who she is really is.

L-J-L 76
roswell4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswell4life »

Please, please, please let Max in on what's going on!!! Maybe since Beth has taken some time off she would be willing to take a trip down to Roswell with the guys!!!.....wishful thinking!! :lol:
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Reunion - Chapter 36 - 2/13/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

“I am out of here,” Max Evans said he walked out of his office. Once his sister had left, Max decided it was time to do what he needed to do and closed his office, and bypassed his secretary’s desk. “Cassie, I should be gone the rest of the day.”

“Where too, you don’t have court today do you?” Cassandra asked as she looked at the day’s calendar.

“I am headed over to Guerin Private Investigations to do legal work,” Max stated. “I am sure there is a pile of cases to deal with that have accumulated in the past month, so I doubt I will be back before the end of the work day, so do only what you need to be do in the short term and then you might as well head home.”

“Thanks Mr. Evans,” Cassie smiled. “But I have several memorandums to type up and the Rollins pre-nup.”

“Oh right,” Max said. “That is one of Dad’s cases, right?”

“Right,” Cassie nodded. “With Maggie out sick, he’s having me pick up the slack. Before you feel sorry for me, it’s not too bad.”

“I am glad about that anyways I hope you don’t overwork yourself.”

“I won’t,” Cassandra smiled at her boss as he grabbed his jacket. “Grace has her date tonight doesn’t she, no wonder you want to be home.”

“Don’t remind me,” Max smiled as he left the office, not wanting to remember his daughter’s first official date was tonight. And he wasn’t sure what to think given recent circumstances and developments and whether he should have been hoping for movement with Jake rather than someone he didn’t know. Shaking his head with a shutter, he walked to his car.

“She’s dead,” Maria said adamant. The breakdown was over, and she was back to the state of denial. “We all buried her. No way could such a slip be taken on us, especially after the debacle with Tess and Alex.”

“It was a burned body Maria,” Michael said as he remembered some of the facts of Liz’s death, “They had to use dental records. Max couldn’t help even if he had gotten to her in time.”

“Why didn’t we know?” Maria cried. “Fourteen years. Fourteen years she might be alive and out there, and we didn’t know.”

“I know, don’t think I haven’t asked myself the same question” Michael said softly to his wife. Apparently, nothing popped in the systems until recently. Beth had no recall or memory of her past. She couldn’t be of help. So, she went on with her life. And given Roswell is not known to the center of the universe in the technology world so it took pure chance for anything to pop in the system which awoke the New Haven police department who then came looking our way.”

“Is she Liz?” Maria said as she finally was coming back to the land of reality despite holding on some level of hope that it was all a hoax. “Michael, tell me the truth.”

“I think so honey,” Michael said honestly. “She looks like Liz, just older and slightly changed due to some cosmetic surgery from the crash.”

“Really?” Maria asked.

“Here is a photo I have,” Michael said as he took a photo out of the folder he had beside him and put it up to computer screen.

“Oh, my god,” Maria cried. “Liz!”

“Evans?” Beth was asking Kyle as they continued talking in her home in Connecticut as she was trying to gain some ground in her sense of feeling overwhelmed. “God oh how that would be the most amazing coincidence.”

“Yeah,” Kyle acknowledged at the shiver at the mere possibility that all this could be true and could get Liz back again. “His name is Max Evans. Max and Liz met in high school, but the story of them really began in third grade when he started to pine for her. He was new to town and the school and the moment he happened onto her, he was gone. But it wasn’t until their sophomore year of high school that things started to change and while it was complicated for most of their high school career. They truly loved each other.”

“Wow,” Beth said at the mere thought of such a true love.

“When did they get married?” Beth said as still thought of this story as a third person, and not reality for herself.

“At eighteen, the day after our high school graduation.”

“Really?” Beth asked shocked at such an idea, given that today you really didn’t see early marriage. Most of her colleagues and even Serena waited until their twenties or later to get married.

“Yeah, but marriage didn’t stop them from striving for the future. They continued onto university, and ended up having their first child four years later.”

“This older child you mentioned. Her name is Grace, right?” Beth asked.

“Yes,” Kyle nodded.

Can I ask, how old was she when she lost her mother?” Beth asked.

“2 years old. Her birthday was a few days ago, and the crash was in late June.”

“That is truly cruel,” Beth whistled at the mere idea of a toddler losing her mother. “And you guys really thought she was dead?”

“Yes, and it’s nothing something that would be easy to admit if we’re onto something” Kyle admitted as he had to admit to himself that if it was true that Beth was Liz. Then they would always regret not finding out the truth sooner, and following for such an elaborate hoax hook, line and sinker and Max would never forgive himself, even if it meant a miraculous second chance not many people could get.

“That really sucks and is cruel to think of a young mother could be lost like that,” Beth commented.

“It is,” Kyle nodded.

“Can I ask something? You’re not a cop right or a private investigator like your friend, right?”

“Right,” Kyle nodded. “I am actually a high school teacher, and coach.”

“Why is it that I feel comfortable with you? If I am this woman, was there something between you and this Liz?”

Michael was not proud to have to leave his conversation with his wife. Maria fell apart but pulled herself together before deciding she had enough and said she was taking Belle for a walk, and disconnected the call and leaving Michael to evaluate where things were, and what to do next.

Kyle wasn’t back, so he figured that he was still visiting Beth. But Michael felt like he needed some more personal information on Beth, so he grabbed his coat and went for a drive.

“What can I do for you?” came the voice.

“You Serena?” Michael asked as he got up from the chair, and looked at the tall blonde staring at him.

“Who are you?” Serena asked as she checked her receptionist desk for a chart. “Do I have an appointment with you?”

“No?” Michael said. “We met the other night at Beth’s home.”

“Oh, you are the man who has stampeded into her life and upset it, and completely overwhelmed her and the girls.”

“Look I am sorry. The name is Michael Guerin, and all I am trying to do is find out the truth. Because a lot of lives are affected by this case,” he sighed. “I don’t want to hurt your friend. But if the truth is out there, it needs to be told.”

“It does,” Serena agreed. “Okay, come in. The name is Dr. Serena Rogers,” she said as they walked into her office.

“How long have you been friends with Beth?” Michael asked.

“As I have said before it’s been nearly fourteen years. Since she woke up in the hospital in late August 2008 and needed to stay in the hospital until the twins were born and therefore because I was an intern at the hospital and on her case, we gravitated towards each other as friends. And it’s kept going ever since.”

“Why do you work here?” Michael asked.

“With the birth of my children I decided I wanted to be closer to home and I had grown tired of the hospital atmosphere and, so I decided to open my own practice. Beth still enjoys it most days, and decided to stick to the hospital although she does consult on mutual patients occasionally.”

“So, you like small town life?” Michael asked.

“It’s simple, there is peace and mostly it’s safe and therefore it helps to raise my sons here although New Haven wasn’t that bad, but when you have children. You do like not having to worry about traffic, and the headaches of commuting.”

“As someone who also lives in a small town all my life, that is true.” Michael admitted. “I have attempted larger cities, and I can’t do it.”

“You are from New Mexico, right?” Serena asked as she looked at the man who had changed her best friend’s life.

“Roswell, New Mexico.” Michael smiled.

“You mean the town that made famous by aliens, and all that?” Serena asked as struggled to remember why the name was familiar to her.”

“There is that,” Michael admitted as smiled at the irony of that statement. “But it’s a small town, and I am glad to be able to raise my children with my wife there.”

“You have kids?”

“Five!” Michaela admitted. “They range from six to eighteen years old.”

“That is some range in ages,” Serena asked impressed. “I find it hard most of the time to raise just my two. To think of five, that is a lot.”

“It is, sometimes. Fortunately, the two oldest help and there is age gap, so it isn’t that bad these days. But it’s a lot and yet with me here, my wife is picking up the burden.”

“What brought you into my friend’s life?” Serena asked.

“I think you know. We think she is a dear friend, Liz Evans who we believed died nearly fourteen years ago.”

“How?” Serena asked.

“Car crash,” Michael simply said. “It shook everyone’s lives, and especially her husband and young daughter.”

“What are their names?” Serena asked.

“Max and Grace Evans,” Michael sighed, and Serena felt her friend’s life get even more complicated if that was even possible.

“What is this file doing in here Mary,” Max asked as he walked out of Michael’s office after spending two hours doing legal work on recent cases. Most of the cases usually didn’t lead to court. Most were missing people or following spouses. But Michael always needed to have all his ducks in the row legally for all his cases if it does lead somewhere like court and then Max usually dealt with it as a lawyer.

“What file?” Mary asked as she looked at Max. With Michael gone she was only working as much as she had the work to keep herself busy although she had been here all day because she knew Max was coming in to do the legal paperwork.”

“Some file, a missing person. Seems current,” Max asked as he showed the file to Michael’s receptionist.

“It is,” Mary said as she looked at the relatively new file. “Hmmm, Beth” she told herself. “Strange he’s not using the last name.”

“So, it’s not one of the ones I am supposed to look at?” Max asked.

“Nope,” Mary says as she looked through the file. “It is a missing person case, in progress as we speak. There is nothing legal that needs to be dealt with, right now!”

“Is it what his business is about?” Max asked, curious.

“I really don’t know. Michael was pretty tight lip about it,” Mary said honestly. “He doesn’t always talk to me about the cases unless it’s something I need to help with, in terms of paperwork. But it’s a personal case the Sheriff has him on, no details.”

“I figured as much, that is all he was willing to tell me too,” Max said. “Strange. Anyways, I’ll go back to the pile. Thank you for helping me.”

“No problem, it kept me busy today.” Mary smiled.

“I used to date Liz,” Kyle was saying to Beth as he saw a text from Michael that said he was talking to Serena, and that they would meet back at the hotel. “Back when we were in high school. It was totally a high school relationship. You know, serious but not that serious at the same time. It lasted only a few months from the end of one school year to early in the next one.”

“Why did you break up?” Beth asked as she took a good glance at Kyle, to see if anything was flooding back if she was indeed this woman they were talking about. But so far nothing was triggering any sort of memory. Maybe it was because she was so overwhelmed with emotion, the past was having trouble connecting its way through the wall that been holding her back from facing the past.

“She met someone else.”

“She did?” Beth asked. “Who was it?”

“Max!” Kyle said, and a sound of a gunshot ran out in Beth’s mind, and she felt dazed at the brief flash.

“I am curious” Serena was saying to Michael in her office. “I have known Beth for almost fourteen years, but who is this Elizabeth Parker Evans to you?”

“She’s a friend. I am best friends with her husband. We have known each other since high school. I go way further back with her husband and his sister. I am also the husband with a dear friend of Elizabeth’s. They go way back to kindergarten and it killed my wife to lose her best friend.”

“So, for her to be alive, it would change a lot of lives?” Serena asked.

“Yes,” Michael said simply as he looked at his phone and the text back from Kyle that he was still with Beth. “A lot of lives were changed when the crash occurred.”

“Can I ask how it happened?”

“Elizabeth was a medical student/intern. She was so smart that she could accelerate her career, and therefore was probably doing to many studies at the same time as her training at two hospitals. But she wanted to become a doctor faster, and with a husband and small child at home she felt this need to push up the jump to being an accredited doctor. And one night, shortly after her daughter turned two years old she was working at a hospital outside of Roswell, and was driving home when her car crashed. The body was so burned; they were only able to make identity by dental records. Max couldn’t even help,” Michael was saying. In more ways than one Michael was telling himself.

It had destroyed Max that as much as it killed to have lost her, he hadn’t had the chance to try to save her life again. That fate has taken that option from him, and but then now that Michael thought, maybe there was reason for it, and they should have all considered more carefully. But the dental match matched and therefore how could they have known?

“Wow,” Serena said. “That sounds so much like Beth. Once she started her studies after the hospital. She raced through them much faster than the normal person, and before you knew it, she was a doctor.”

“I see she’s not a surgeon?” Michael asked. “Liz was training to be one when she died.”

“It would have taken more time for Beth to get trained in, and given her unorthodox start, she felt at home in pediatrics especially given the arrival of the twins, and therefore she was fine working the department without going into surgery. She also didn’t want that burden, to have to operate on kids. It was bad enough having to treat them, and the devastating illnesses that can come about in children.”

“That is for sure,” Michael nodded. “Have the twins been sick?” he asked as he suddenly the issue that was out there if indeed Beth was Liz than the twins would be Max’s children and the alien hybrid question that would supersede all else concern. He knew Grace, and his own kids all have been healthy but what about the twins?”

“They have been very healthy, which has always been odd in my opinion!” Serena remarked.

“How so?” Michael asked.

“I have two kids. Boys sure, but kids have been known to get in even most innocent mischief that usually need a doctor’s checkup, or just the usual medical clearance but I have barely seen Alexandra or Carrie throughout their lives for anything medical. Beth is there is help, but still it’s odd for two growing children.”

“Shouldn’t doctors be happy not to have to see their patients?” Michael cracked.

Serena couldn’t help but laugh.

“Hey Mom,” came a voice as Kyle and Beth stopped talked when the door to the house barged open, and soon the twins came to a stop in the doorway of the living room when they saw that Kyle was talking to their mother.

“Alexandra, Caroline, what are you doing home. It’s not even lunch.”

“The heating went out at school, so they closed early so they could fix the problem. We got a ride home from Callie’s mother who picked us up. We tried calling earlier, but no answers,” Alexandra answered. “Are we interrupting something?”

“Just talking,” Beth smiled. “I was asking Mr. Valenti for more information on the situation we all have found ourselves in.”

“Oh,” Alexandra asked, wary of the new gentlemen in the house. “Are you okay?”

“I am fine honey, why don’t you and sister go up and work on your projects you have for school. I’ll call you guys in a little while for lunch.”

“Sure,” Alexandra said as she looked at Carrie. “I am headed up.”

“Go,” Carrie said. “I’ll meet you up there.”

Alexandra nodded at headed up the stairs. While Carrie surveyed the situation than left the room and Kyle was once again reminded that there were children in the situation and which changes the whole scenario. A lot of lives were at stake if they couldn’t make this work out right.

“I better get going, now that the kids are home. You will be busy,” Kyle remarked as he got up from the couch.

“They are pretty resilient and independent kids,” Beth smiled. “But yeah having them home forces me to swing into action,” she cracked. “Do you want a drink before you leave?”

Kyle smiled. “Sure. Water would be great.”

“Let’s go into the kitchen,” Beth smiled. “I’ll meet you in there, as I just heard the washer finish downstairs. “I’ll be right in.”

“Sure, it’s back, there, right?”

“Right,” Beth smiled. “Straight!”

While Beth went downstairs to put the load of laundry in the dryer, Kyle walked through the house in the kitchen remarking how nice and lovely the house was. Touches of the house did seem familiar, but different from what Liz had done all those years before to her and Max’s house, which still resided in the house to this day as Max didn’t want to get rid of any memory of Liz except to add his office down in the basement.

“Hey,” he said as he saw a teenager in the kitchen. “Caroline, right?” he asked of the girl. He figured out a system to tell them apart as he believed Alexandra to have straighter brown hair while Carrie’s was a little curlier now.

“Right, but everyone calls me Carrie.”

“My name is Kyle. Kyle Valenti.”

“Hi,” Carrie said a tad wary. “Where is my mother? I hope you’re not upsetting her!” she warned.

“Kyle smiled at the teenager being protective of her mother. “She went downstairs to deal with the laundry, so she’ll be right in. We were just talking. I know this has been overwhelming for your mother just as it has for you girls, and I don’t want that for any of you. I am simply allowing her to process it as she comes to terms with the changes in her life.”

“I guess that is okay,” Carrie said as she grabbed for a glass and somehow something knocked onto the ground and broke. “Damn,” she muttered as she went to pick it up and ended up cutting herself. “Ouch!”

“Hey, let me help,” Kyle said as he leaned down and tried to help Carrie pick up the pieces, only to see she had cut her finger and saw the blood. “Do you need a band aid?”

“No,” Carrie said as she finished collecting the pieces and put them in the garbage, and then her finger under the water before putting into a piece of paper towel and pressing hard, and Kyle could swear that he saw a small light, a glow despite Carrie’s obvious attempt at masking it.

“Oh, my god,” Kyle said out loud in a panicked voice, and yet an awed one at same time. “You really are Max’s kid!”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superman86
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 36 - Updated - 2/13/2018

Post by Superman86 »

Amazing update, it's getting closer and closer for Max finding out. I can't wait :D Oh! Carrie using her powers in front of Kyle, wow! Huge undeniable proof for him.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 36 - Updated - 2/13/2018

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Oh my god Beth is starting to remember Max! My god Kyle saw Carrie using her powers. So Maria knows Liz is alive and living. Love how protective Carrie is over her mom. So now Max is trying to figure out what Michael is up to and hiding. Love how Kyle and Beth could easily talk to each other. Wonder what Kyle will say to Carrie and Beth. Wonder what Kyle will do when Beth comes back.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

I think that Liz's memory is on it's way back!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

I hope that Max won't be upset, learning that the others knew about his wife since quite Long time!...

Waiting for more and thanks! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!