Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 71 - Completed - 7/15/2018

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 59 - Updated - 4/25/2018

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Please please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? Can't wait to find out if Grace and Max will see or meet Liz/ Beth and girls before they go back home.

L-J-L 76
SarahO
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 59 - Updated - 4/25/2018

Post by SarahO »

Love this story! I've been reading along and lurking for awhile, I'm glad the site is back up and I can't wait to read what happens next!
Sarah O.
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Please come back. The board is back up.
roswell4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswell4life »

Woohoo!!! The board is back!!! Can't wait for the update!!! :D
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Hey, I am waiting for more of this amazing Story!
Hopefully, because I am waiting to know who kidnapped Liz and made the others think she was dead! And also wondering how the reunion with Max will go - it should not be so easy - after so many years of Separation! :?

Thanks EVE :shock: :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Reunion - Chapter 60 - 05/22/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

“Girls I thought I would meet you inside,” Beth said as she approached her daughters who she noticed coming out of the restaurant. “Are you finished, already?” as she took a look at the restaurant she knew she was approaching as it was the one Maria had pointed out to them earlier that morning.

“We got you some lunch,” Alexandra smiled as she offered the container to her mother. “We didn’t know if you wanted to be in there.”

“Why,” Beth asked.

“Because Grace is working,” Carrie said carefully as both girls weighed their mother’s reaction, and Beth’s face did turn pale as she took in the news, and looked in the window and at that moment Grace was looking out the window and their glances met, and both froze.

“Mom,” Alexandra asked quietly.

“Mom,” Carrie asked.

“Let’s go,” Beth muttered as the glance broke and Grace scattered off to help a patrol with their order, and Beth came back to reality. It was so strange for Beth to know that she was seeing the girl that had been on a hospital gurney just two weeks before up and running around in her normal routine, while it was anything other than normal for her...Shaking again, she and the girls walked away.

Inside Grace, once she was done dealing with a table she looked back outside, and saw the trio was gone….

“God,” she whispered to herself as she heard her name called.

“Grace,” Jeff Parker said as he came out of the kitchen and saw his granddaughter working a table but noticed the aura of distraction in her face. “Are you okay?”

“I am fine grandpa,” Grace said with her best smile as she didn’t want to rain on her grandfather’s parade with news about her mother, and new-found sisters and how close her had come to actually seeing them.

“You’re not working too hard are you,” Jeff asked. “I know we don’t have as many waitresses helping out.”

“It’s fine, it’s nice to worry about something else than my life for a change and it’s not too bad work wise, busy but not busy at the same time.”

“That is good,” Jeff said as took saw a friend and went to visit while Grace went back to the customers and forgot the family reunion she had and almost had.
“Wow this place is hopping,” Elizabeth smiled an hour later as she arrived at the Crashdown after her final class. She came to see how Grace was, and to get a snack before heading home. “Have you been busy?”

“Enough,” Grace said as she took a fifteen-minute break and sat across from her friend, and took a bite from her burger. She hadn’t had time to eat before she started her shift, so she was having a late lunch.

“I missed you at school,” Elizabeth smiled.

“I bet,” Grace laughed. “I saw your mother earlier.”

“You did,” Elizabeth asked as she took a bite of the fries off Grace’s plate as she knew she shouldn’t be spoiling her dinner, but she couldn’t help it when she was at the dining establishment and therefore Grace produced Elizabeth’s own plate of fries to her friend’s laughter. “I fingered she would be deep in her book, and keeping an eye on Jake!”

“She was out and a bout,” Grace muttered.

“What’s wrong?” Elizabeth as she sensed that her friend was distracted for some reason. “Is it Jake?”

“No,” Grace shook her head and for once she could be honest. “It’s something else.”

“Then what would it be?” Elizabeth asked.

“Earlier, soon after my shift began, I saw two kids here in the restaurant who are likely my sisters.” Grace muttered…

“What?” Elizabeth asked. “Two, I thought it was only one.”

“Me too,” Grace sighed. “Twins.”

“You got to be kidding,” Elizabeth asked in amazement. “There are two?”

“Yes,” Grace sighed. “They are thirteen, born on Halloween after my Mom appeared to die.”

“Oh Wow,” Elizabeth said. “So, she would have had to be pregnant when she disappeared.”

“Yes,” Grace nodded.

“What are their names?” Elizabeth asked.

“Alexandra and Caroline Evans,” Grace said quietly.

“Wow” Elizabeth whistled.

“And then later once they left, I saw them being greeted by a woman Elizabeth. A woman who liked so much like my mother.”

“You saw her,” Elizabeth asked in amazement.

Grace nodded as she finally came to terms with the idea her mother might still be alive, and the fact that she had seen the woman once before… Just two weeks before, when she was her doctor. The one she had called Mom.

“God Grace, I am sorry.”

“What a wonderful surprise this is,” Isabel smiled as she finished up with a customer and bagged the purchases and looked up and saw her husband walk into her store. “You haven’t physically in here in a while.”

“I had the free time,” Kyle smiled as he kissed his wife. “This place looks to very booming.”

“It is,” Isabel nodded. “Monica, take over for me,” she asked her employee, and they switched places. “Come back with me and we can talk.”

“If it’s busy, we can see each other at home”

“I am keeping the place open slightly longer today because I closed it yesterday,” Isabel said as they went into the back of the store. “So, you’re going to have to feed the kids, if that is okay with you.”

“That is fine,” Kyle smiled. “I haven’t been able to spend quality time the last few days.”

“I appreciate it,” Isabel smiled.

“I know how much I put on you when I was away, so I am fine with taking this on and since I am off work until Monday, might as well use the time I have.”

“Have you talked to your brother?” Kyle asked.

“Nope,” Isabel said. “Since opening this place has been one customer after another. I figure he will surface later, or I’ll seek him out tomorrow,” she sighed as she took a look at her husband. “Kyle, should I be concerned, now?”

“It’s Liz,” Kyle said quietly.

“Oh god, what is it?”

“She is here in Roswell,” Kyle sighed as Isabel’s face went pale.

“How are you doing?” Elizabeth asked as her friend still had a few minutes before heading back on shift. “It can’t be easy.”

“It’s one thing after another these days,” Grace muttered. “I wish I had my boring life back, and these last two weeks hadn’t happened.”

“It will get better,” Elizabeth said as her friend checked her watched. “In the meantime, take it easy.”

“I am trying, but the surprises keep erupting,” Grace muttered.

“When are, you off?” Elizabeth asked, as an idea struck her as she could see how stressed her friend and Grace was not normally stressed out, and it concerned her.

“90 minutes,” Grace sighed.

“I’ll call home and stick around, and we can head off somewhere and get some fresh air tonight. Something stress free where you don’t have to think about what is going on with your parents, or newfound siblings. Or even Jake so how about it?”

“I like it,” Grace smiled. “Do you need something more to eat?”

“Sure thing, the usual plus a milkshake,” Elizabeth smiled as she dug into her purse and got out her cellphone and dialed the house. “Hey Mom, I need a favor.”

“You gave her permission,” Jake asked as he wheeled his chair into the kitchen and overheard his mother talking on the phone. When Maria had hung up she had told Elizabeth wouldn’t be home for dinner as she had plans with Grace. “It’s a school night.”

“It’s Grace,” Maria said. “I am sure we can trust them.”

“After the last few days, are you sure you want to keep with that frame of thought?” Jake asked his mother.

“Still, I think we can trust them. The last few days has been stressful for both of them, and in particular Grace and if she needs some time off on their, I think we can accept it.”

“I just don’t trust either of them in their frame of minds,” Jake muttered as he knew full well with Elizabeth still coming down from the fallout with Tommy, and now Grace also goosed up due to everything in her life there was no telling what would fall either of them on their own.”

“Let’s not put that in our minds,” Maria muttered as continued with plans for dinner before she knew she had to head over to the private school and pick up her sons and Belle. “What do you want for dinner?”

“Burgers,” Jake smiled.

“You miss the Crashdown don’t you?” Maria asked. “And Grace!”

“Mom,” Jake sighed.

“It’s not about that,” Maria said. “As I have said, your life is your life.”

“And I appreciate that,” Jake smiled.

“You are not used to spending so much time at home or in the house these days. You’re always over at the Crashdown mooching off your grandmother or Grace.”

“I love hamburgers Mom,” Jake said. “You and Dad make great ones.”

“You mean your father does,” Maria asked as she knew sucking up from one of her kids when she saw it or diverting from one true thoughts.

“Okay, both of you.”

Maria could only laugh as she headed off to get ready to go pick up the other kids. Jake sighed and wheeled off to his den to watch some television.

“Are you okay,” Alexandra asked as they were back at the motel and their mother was enjoying her burger in her motel room and while Carrie was doing some reading for school, Alexandra had come to visit her mother.

“Shouldn’t you be catching up on school?” Beth asked as she ate a fry.

“That can be later, as it’s pretty simply, I just wanted to check in on you and see how you were doing. I know it’s been an emotional day.”

“As long as you do it,” Beth sighed. “I am fine, honey.”

“I am not sure you are,” Alexandra asked.

“It’s a process, and right now it’s not too overwhelming,” Beth admitted even though she knew it to be a lie. “How are you dealing with it all?”

Alexandra knew a dodge when she saw one but given it was her mother she was talking to, she allowed it for now. “It’s pretty surreal.”

“How was it at the restaurant today?”

“We surprised Grace,” Alexandra admitted.

“Really?” Beth asked as she surveyed her daughter and could see that all of them was weighing on both girls but more so for Alexandra, and she had no idea how to help them.

“She didn’t know about Carrie, so the idea of us being twins shocked her just like us having to get used to her shocked us,” Alexandra admitted.

“Yeah,” Beth sighed.

“It’s gotta be rough on her, right?” Alexandra asked her mother as she thought back to the interaction she had with their waitress, and likely sister. “It’s a shock to the system.”

“For all of us,” Beth nodded. “But you’re okay with it, right?”

“I am getting there,” Alexandra smiled. “Carrie seems to be letting it roll of her back or she says she is, and I do think some of that is true, but we’ve lived all our lives with only you and Aunt Serena and then Uncle Keith in our lives, and to know we have other family.”

“I am sorry for that,” Beth said as she came in for a hug with her daughter. “I wish you could have had that family in your lives.”

“It couldn’t be helped,” Alexandra said. “You’ve made an incredible life for us and neither Carrie or I can fault you for that, because we all know things would have been different if it could have been different, but it couldn’t”

“If I could have changed it, I would have” Beth said as she cursed her lack of memory.

“I know Mom, I love you regardless of what this trip brings us. We will regret anything in our lives,” she smiled. “Grace said it was her birthday last week.”

“Yeah, I know.” Beth sighed. “It was the day I learned of the match with you girls.”

“All of this is so incredible,” Alexandra admitted. “It’s made for television.”

“It is, but it seems to be real life” Beth muttered. “But we will figure out how to process all of this, no matter what comes from it, together, the three of us.”

“I guess I’ll head back to the room and check in on Carrie, and do my homework.”

“Go,” Beth smiled. “I’ll come and collect you guys when it’s time to head for dinner.”

“Sure,” Alexandra nodded as she hugged her mother. “I love you Mom.”

“I love you too sweetheart,” Beth said as she hugged her daughter and walked the teenager to the door and watched as she walked two doors up to find her room, and enter the room and Beth closed the door and wondered what would happen next.

“God, I wish this wasn’t so hard,” she said to herself as she closed the door and took a look of the room she was in.

“So where are we going?” Grace asked they got in her awesome car and started driving with her at the wheel given that Elizabeth didn’t have her licence yet given that she didn’t turn sixteen until June.

“I haven’t thought that far yet,” Elizabeth smiled as she started to drive away from the Crashdown. “Why don’t we start driving.”

“Perfect,” Grace said.

“I called home, and Mom says that Jake’s surgery is scheduled.”

“When is it?” Grace said as her blood pressure spiked at the memory of the accident, and the mention of her friend’s name.

“Tomorrow.” Elizabeth said as she measured he friend’s composure.

“Really, that soon?” Grace asked as she felt relief but shock also at the thought that Jake could be getting back on his feet quicker than they all assumed.”

“I guess there was a cancellation, and the spot opened, and Mom grabbed it” Elizabeth smiled. “He goes in in the morning, and the surgery is later in the morning.”

“Wow,” Grace whistled. “But if it helps, that is wonderful news for Jake.”

“Yes, it is,” Elizabeth nodded. “While it gives him license to skip school and he talks a good game, but I do know he’s feels like he is stuck at home.”

“That isn’t what Jake is used to, that for sure.” Grace muttered. “He’s used to being very active or having the ability to go places if he wants.”

“Yeah,” Elizabeth nodded as they continued to drive.

“So where are we going?” Grace asked.

“You pick,” Elizabeth smiled.

“So, are you going to go see her?” Kyle asked his brother law after Max arrived at the house to visit his sister only to learn that Isabel was spending some more time at her store and wouldn’t be home until later, but instead of leaving, Max elected to stay and talk to Kyle who was on children patrol. Dinner was all done, and the kids were in their rooms doing their individual homework with the exception of Jamie who was working on a computer game.

“Whom?” Max asked, even though he knew who Kyle was referring to and he was praying for a diversion, so he didn’t have to answer the question because it didn’t have a good answer.

“You know who. Beth!” Kyle asked.

“Kyle!” Max groaned.

“Why are you staying away? I would have thought you would have been over at the motel to see if it’s true, to see her face to face.”

“I really don’t know,” Max said honestly as he sighed at how complicated it was “I guess I don’t want it to be true, and to see her face to face will be confirming that it’s true and open up a whole lot of unanswerable questions.”

“Why not?” Kyle asked.

“She’s been gone for nearly fourteen years. If it was only four months that would be different, but fourteen years is a whole different ball game. I had to learn to live without her, and how to raise Grace without her help and it nearly killed me at the time as you all can attest if not for Grace, I don’t know if I could have survived the loss.”

“It wasn’t an easy time, that is for sure.” Kyle acknowledged as he was brought back to that time and how it was hell for all of them to see the devastation in Max’s face, and life as he learned to pick up the pieces and move on and it’s true that without Grace he wasn’t too sure if Max would have survived the loss.”

“No, it wasn’t,” Max admitted.

“It’s not like she can help it. She has amnesia. She has no recall.” Kyle reminded his brother in law.

“I believe you and Michael when you say that,” Max said. “Because Liz was no runaway wife or mother. She loved her family and friends, and I refuse to believe she would just walk away from it all and would need a good reason to stay away for this long. It’s not like we were having trouble in our marriage because we weren’t, so it has to be bigger for her to stay away.”

“Having no memory certainly qualifies,” Kyle muttered.

“It does. But to see her would make all of this true. I thought I buried my wife, the love of my life. And for her to be alive.”

“She is alive Max,” Kyle said quietly. “For Alexandra and Carrie to be your children, she has to be alive.”

“I know,” Max said.

“Have you thought of digging up the grave to find out if there is a body there,” Kyle asked.

“I almost have to,” Max said as this wasn’t the first time the suggestion was brought to him, and it was something he probably needed to figure out. “If there is a body there, they deserve to be buried under their rightful name so that Liz can take back her life.”

“If she wants that,” Kyle reminded his brother in law. “Only if Beth wants that life.”

“Which is why I don’t want to see her, or at least why I am resisting it right now. Because what if she doesn’t want back her old life. What if she likes her life in Connecticut with the twins? What if she rejects Grace and me? I don’t know if I could survive that, and I don’t know if Grace could.”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 60 - Updated - 5/22/2018

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Max really needs to see Liz. Seeing him might trigger her memory.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Reunion (CC, Mature) Couples: L/M, M/M, I/K - Chapter 60 - Updated - 5/22/2018

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I'm so glad the board is back up so this story could be updated.

I guess Beth just needs to bump into Max somewhere in Roswell.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Seems like I have been waiting forever to get this update!
So glad the site is finally back and we can continue on with this mighty set of problems.
Poor Grace, she has no idea how to react to this news.
As she said, she didn't know how she felt with all of the interruptions.
And Max is staying away.......why I really don't understand! He needs to get his act together so he can help his THREE daughters.
Wow,
Carolyn
roswell4life
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswell4life »

I get that Max is scared of rejection, but still this is HIS LIZ we are talking about....somebody definitely needs to get these two together or have a chance run in already :roll: Even Grace's reaction is kinda puzzling to me....you have a chance to meet your mom face to face finally!!!!! :D I hope both her and Max come around and there's a big family reunion upon us!!! So glad this board is back so this story can continue!!!!