Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Epilogue - Completed: 06/12/2018

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Chapter 16 - Updated: 04/26/2018

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Max and Liz have reunited. Did not see Liz fainting coming.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Don't blame Jim and Amy for wanting to stay close to all of the kids.
Felt sorry for Emma, she didn't have grandparents to visit......
So it is possible that Tess drown, that's strange.
But at least it appears she is really dead this time.
Bingo Max......you put 2 + 2 together and realized who those brunette kids were.
Of course Liz fainted at the door.......
PLEASE HURRY BACK,
Carolyn
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Wow! Max saw his kids with Liz. Can't wait to see the Max and Liz's discussion.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Please please please please come back and post more really really really really soon? Can't wait for what will happen when Liz wakes up? And who is going to come and see what happened?

L-J-L 76
LilLoucfer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LilLoucfer »

I hope that you will update soon now that the board is back up!
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Leaving Normal - Chapter 17 - 05/22/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

NOTE: Wahoo... the board is back. I was away, and newly back and preparing to post when it went down... and then was away when it came back... So let's hope it sticks around, but in the mean time....
------

Twenty minutes later,

In a backroom that was the sunroom. Liz’s eyes opened, and she looked tentatively up and was relieved to see nothing… And then she managed to get herself to sit up, and she put her feet down on the floor as she realized she was lying on the couch and then she saw reality. Max was staring back to her…

“Hello Liz,” Max said carefully as he replayed the previous twenty minutes as he replayed Liz growing pale when she saw he was there, and then fainting. And then mayhem broke out. Emma who was coming downstairs to get some water saw her mother faint and came running and Max looked down at the pint size version of Liz as she glared up at him. “What did you do to my mother?”

“Your mother?” Max asked in disbelief.

“Yes,” Emma batted back. “Who are you?”

“An old friend,” Max tried as he struggled to regain control of his swirling mind. “We haven’t seen each other in a long, long time, and I decided to pay a visit,” he sighed. “I didn’t mean for her to faint.”

“Aunt Maria,” Emma screamed. “Come down here quick, please. I need your help. Mom needs you.”

Maria was finishing up in the bathroom when she heard Emma scream, and so had the rest of the house and soon everyone had the same thought as Maria, they had come running. She intercepted her kids and told them not to worry, but Parker had already made it down to his twin. “What’s going…” she said as she came downstairs and saw Liz that had fainted. “Oh my god, what happened.

“He did,” Emma said as she glared at the stranger, standing there staring at her…

And that is when Maria looked for the first time, and saw the strange and saw who he was… And she could have fainted herself. “Oh my god, MAX!”

“Hello Maria,” Max said

“Don’t stand there, help me” Maria demanded as she leaned down to check on her friend. “Wake up Liz, come on wake up.”

Liz wasn’t waking up, so Maria demanded Max help Liz to the back sunroom, where Liz would have some privacy.

“Who is this guy,” Parker demanded of his Aunt. “What is he doing with Mom. Did he hurt her,”

“It’s alright Parker,” Maria said.

“Parker,” Max said in disbelief once again as he realized the two brunettes he had seen outside were calling Liz ‘Mom’ and they had to be twins because they looked similar ages.

“My name is Emma,” the girl said. “And this is my twin brother, Parker.”

“Nice to meet you,” Max said. “How old are you?”

“Eight years old, ten days ago.” Emma said proudly.

“Happy Belated Birthday,” Max said as he calculated the ages, and computed it with the last time he had seen Liz the prior spring, as they graduated from high school.

“Thanks,” the twins said as Max kneeled and picked Liz up and carried her to back room as he followed Maria and the twins through the house he had never been in… Maria gently persuaded the twins to go back and find Michael and Kyle, and that she would be fine, and their mother would be fine when she woke up.

“Maria,” Max said quietly as he watched Liz lay on the couch, as he stared. “It’s true, isn’t it?”

“What do you think?”

“I think a lot was kept from me,” Max said frankly.

“You left Max. She may have kept you away three years ago, and she’ll always regret that, but you left to find your son. You picked him over her, and you will have to live with that…”

“I had to make sure he was safe,” Max said.

“Yes, you did. It’s truly a no-win situation, but you still left. While we had to flee Roswell because of the fallout of the mayhem at graduation. We had to leave our families. We had to deal with achieving a normal life on the run. I had Michael. Liz was alone. Kyle might have been with us, but still it’s not the same. She had to deal with everything… alone.”

“She was safer apart from me, especially in the wake of everything that happened.”

“Yes, she was,” Maria muttered. “She felt she did what was best for the situation we were facing. Image leaving your whole life. The dreams you had, to go on the run first from the FBI and then the alien fearing world. And finding out you were pregnant. She had to protect herself, and her babies. She made choices, and she will have to live with them. But it’s not the life she wanted for herself, but it’s the life she had to make for herself.”

“I wanted to be with her Maria, don’t you realize that.”

“I know you did. I know you always wanted her. But life gets in the way, and we all had to grow up.”

“I still should have been told,” Max said.

“You should have,” Maria agreed. “But she was fearful of what might happen. You picked Tess’s baby over her once, and what happens if he came back and you were with Liz and the children. What would you have done then if he had come?”

“I don’t know, no one would know before it happens.”

“Right,” Maria said. “But she could be fearful of what might happen. Especially once she became a parent and had to protect two innocent babies while we were on the run…”

“I get your point Maria.”

“I hope you do,” Maria muttered as she heard Michael and Kyle voices, “Is she okay?” she heard Kyle ask one of the twins as she walked to the door but turned and glared at her friend. “My only demand Max is please take it easy when she wakes up,” she pleaded before she went out to intercept the boys from making the situation even more tense.

Max watched Maria leave the room, and he sighed as he watched Liz sleep and then watch as her eyes open and taking things tentative before staring into his eyes. “Hello Liz.”

“Damn it,” Liz sighed. “I wanted it to be a dream.”

“Sorry to disappoint you as it’s a reality.”

“How did I get back here?” Liz asked.

“Emma called out to Maria, and Maria and I brought you in here away from the prying eyes.”

Emma her brain screamed. “Oh my god,” she whispered as the reality of the situation bombarded her brain.

“Yeah,” Max said quietly as he recognized the torment she was going through. “Apparently we have a lot to talk about.”

“I am sorry Max,” Liz said carefully as she sat up. “I never meant for any of this to happen.”

“Let me back there Maria,” Kyle demanded as he saw his step-sister and friend come out of the sunroom, and close the doors behind her. “I heard that Liz fainted. I need to see how she is.”

“No, you don’t,” Maria asked as she pushed Kyle away as she stood before the door. “Liz will be fine. She and Max have a lot to talk about, and they don’t need us interfering in it.”

“Max, he’s here.” Michael asked cautiously as he stared at the closed door behind his wife.

“Yeah,” Maria nodded. “He’s been forced to deal with a lot of revelations and is trying to process it, and he and Liz will deal with it together, and neither of them needs either of you going in and trying to rain on the reunion.

I can’t believe you want us to leave them alone,” Michael asked. “You of all people.”

“I reamed him out Michael,” Maria admitted. “It felt good, and hopefully he’ll get the message but still it’s their mess to deal with, not ours. Let them deal with it” she muttered as the doorbell rang, and she decided to answer it get away from the questions the men of the house had for her. “Relax Space boy, it will be fine.”

“It better be,” Kyle muttered as he paced. “Max better not hurt Liz again.”

“Calm down,” Maria smiled at her newly acknowledged step-brother. “And, bro, you’re one to talk Kyle as you didn’t warn her he was coming so stop with the melodramatic talk” she muttered as she walked to the door, to answer it. “Yes.”

“Where is my brother,” Isabel demanded as she glared at Maria from outside the house.

“Isabel!” Maria smiled as she saw their old friend. “Oh my god.”

“Maria, where is my brother?” Isabel asked as she stared behind Maria and saw Michael and Kyle in shock as they stared at an irritated Isabel.

“Come on in, yes Max is here but he and Liz are hopefully getting a lot out of the way in terms baggage,” Maria smiled as she welcomed Isabel into the house. “Look I know.”

“What do you know,” Isabel asked as she stared at Kyle, and Kyle stared at her as she came into the house as it had been over eight years since any of them had seen each other. “Liz kept a lot from my brother.”

“Your brother went and got married to someone else,” Maria countered as they walked into the living room. “So, don’t get so self-righteous, okay. We all made our choices, and therefore we have to live with them.”

“Liz told him to stay away, and she knew”

“He listened to her,” Maria volleyed back. “He didn’t have to.”

“Fine,” Isabel muttered as she knew they were both right, and that annoyed her, but she didn’t have much grounds to be angry given it wasn’t happening to her. “I am sorry for my behavior. It’s been a long week, and to discover what we did…”

“I know,” Maria smiled. “Welcome,” she said as Michael and Kyle came into the room. “So, I guess the gang is back together.”

“We are…”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Chapter 17 - Updated: 05/22/2018

Post by Roswelllostcause »

There is a lot to talk about. Emma and Parker need to meet their dad and Aunt.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I glad Maria set Max and Isabel straight. Max and Liz really need to have a long talk. Hopefully the kids will be patient. Where is Evan?
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Yes Max, there is a lot to talk about.
And what an introduction to the twins.......I have an idea Emma would hurt him if he hurt her mother.
I'm glad Max made the quick calculations on the twins ages.
Maria did good giving it to Max. I have an idea she isn't through yet.
Thanks,
Carolyn
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Finally Max and Liz are going to talk everything out. They will have a lot to talk about. And it seems Maria, Kyle, Michael and Isabel have a lot to talk about. Wonder what Max and Isabel are going to do when they find out Evan is with Liz and others. Can't wait to find out how and what Max and Liz will talk about. And what Max and Liz are going to do?

L-J-L 76