Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Epilogue - Completed: 06/12/2018

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Leaving Normal - Chapter 3 - 03/10/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

Five hours later Isabel helped her brother back into house, knowing decisions had to be made. They had been taken to the hospital with Pam's body. And police had also been called, and Max and Isabel were forced to answer questions and Max was out of it. So, Isabel was forced to talk... and she did, spinning a believable tale to the officials. One that would be easily believed given that no one could figure out why the shooting took place in the first place. She tried to spin it so that it was labeled a random shooting.

Even though Max and Isabel both suspected differently because of something Isabel saw as she crouched down when Max was holding Pam. She looked across the street and saw a glimpse of a blonde hair woman running away. A petite blonde. Tess came to mind and she hated the idea of their past coming back to haunt them.

Especially Tess. She was supposed to be dead. What is going on?

While she helped her deeply distressed brother up the stairs in the house and into the guest room since he didn't want to sleep in his room that he had shared with Pam. She put the covers over and watched as her brother fell asleep and remembered the police station. Max had come out of his state enough to blast -not literally- the offices for thinking he might hurt or hire someone to hurt his wife.

The officers had heard about their fight, and Max was incensed and told them that he had no intention of hurting his wife, he loved her.

And he had. Just not as much as he had Liz

And Isabel knew it. And she was powerless to stop it. "Damn it!" she thought to herself, knowing she would be honest with her brother in the morning when they woke up. Walking to her own room, she did the only thing she could. She had to protect her family. Doing so, she took out a book she hadn't looked at in a long time.

Pointing at a picture of a long ago teenage girl, settling herself and presto she was off into dream world!

And Liz Parker's world!

But it wasn't anything she was prepared to see. And still she didn't get any answers. Only disturbing vibes. Why is Liz frightened? Why is she cursing Max? Being shot in the first place. Living and then she saw a young dirty blonde kid.

Waking up with a start, she realized something needed to be done. NOW!

But she couldn't wake up Max because he needed his rest. "Who was that boy?" Isabel wondered. "And who were the kids in the picture Liz held in her dream?"

Tired of thinking, she fell asleep for real and was awoken the next morning when the phone rang. Mumbling to herself as she looked at her clock, and saw it was only 6:33 a.m. "Damn, whomever is calling me needs to be shot!" she muttered to herself.

"What do you want!" she gruffly said into the phone.

"Isabel," came the whisper and she sat up with a shot. How did he know she was here? How did he get the number, so she asked that very question, "How did you get this number?"

"The alien network," came the reply and she had to giggle. "How are you doing Isabel?" the voice said.

"Fine!" Isabel said with a smile, even though she knew she shouldn't smile.

"Good, very good." the voice said.

"What do you want Kyle at this hour of the morning?” she whined.

"Trouble. Houston, we have a problem!" Kyle said as the planned password. "Can you talk?"

"Yes,” Isabel muttered as she rolled out of bed, and sat up and tried to concentrate on the problem at hand. “But I really should be checking on Max!"

"Why?" Kyle asked.

"Trouble on this end too," Isabel muttered.

"What happened?" Kyle asked. “Or do I even want to know?”

"You really don't want to know," Isabel said as she knew she should check on Max, so she got off her bed, grabbed a robe and walked with her cordless phone and went down the hall, and opened the door a touch while looking in and seeing that Max was still sleeping, and apparently breathing.

"I think I do," Kyle said.

"I can't," Isabel sighed as she thought of her sister-in-law. “Give me some time, as it’s a little fresh, so why are you calling? How did you get this number?" she asked again. "And I expect a different answer."

"You don't have to worry, no one knows it." Kyle said. "It’s only me because Liz, Maria and Michael don't even know it."

"Gee, that helps...a lot, not!" Isabel said as she made her way back to her bedroom and sat back on the bed and looked at the clock and winced at the time. "I did a little traveling of my own last night. I could tell there is trouble in your land of paradise, too."

"Yeah, what can I say? Life has been too easy these past months." Kyle muttered.

"What happened?"

"Tess!" Kyle blurted. "Tess is what happened. She’s struck again, and mucked up our lives..."

Isabel's heart stopped.

Tess. Tess Harding. Tess Harding - murderer. The name made the hairs stand up on her back, neck, everywhere. She thought they had gotten rid of her, so many years ago and then got rid of any ties. Zan. Max's son with the murderous traitor. It's not like she hated the baby. He was so adorable the little time they got to spend with him, but he was a reminder why Alex wasn't with them anymore. Because Tess had murdered him by mind-warping one too many times. Deliberate if not intended and then Tess disappeared, and Liz believed her to be dead, due to a big fiery explosion.

And now the name had popped up again. "What do you mean, Tess struck again?" Isabel whispered into the phone. “She’s dead, isn’t she?”

"Um, Isabel." Kyle said.

"Look you called me." Isabel said. "It wasn't me who instigated this call. What's going on?"

"Zan", came Kyle's voice. And Isabel froze again and looked to the door of her bedroom. "What?" she whispered.

"He showed up. But not using that name," Kyle said. "He said his mother dropped him off with a note signed by Tess!"

"Oh my god," Isabel whispered. Max's son has shown up, due to Tess. What happened to the adoption? Heck what happened to Tess dying?

"I know you're thinking a lot of things and have numerous questions," Kyle answered back. "But unfortunately, I can't answer them..."

"Oh god Kyle, what are we going to do? Isabel asked.

"I don't know, but I thought I should tell you and Max. Where is he by the way. Can I speak to him? Not that I want to mind you, but I think I should." Kyle said as he looked at Liz who was still asleep in her bed, and for now, peacefully. They were only friends, but she had been emotional, and Maria had called him to come over the previous night. Of course, none of them could figure out what to do with newly name Evan. Liz had been tremendously generous and agreed to allow the boy to stay until they could figure out why the child was at her doorstep, but it was obvious to both him and Maria that for Liz it opened a gaping wound that had never truly healed.

"He can't come to the phone," Isabel said quickly, a tad too quickly for Kyle's taste.

"What happened?"

"He's had a rough night, and I don't think it's wise to add this to his worries." Isabel said. "How is Liz dealing with it?"

"You know Liz, she is a trooper, but I can tell it's not easy for her. Especially since the boy looks so much like Max and Tess."

"Geez," Isabel said as she knew this wasn't what Max needed to know, that his son had shown up and was messing with Liz and rest of the gang. "I think you should know...something has happened with Max," she whispered and went on to tell Kyle the story of what happened to Pam. Kyle groaned as he heard the story along with shock as he heard that Isabel had been sure she had seen Tess for only a split second.

"Oh god! Is she everywhere? What she is trying to accomplish as you would think she would relish that Max and Liz are apart and try and keep it that way." Kyle said a tad too loud and Liz stirred in her bed, so he walked out of the room and closed it and walked downstairs after doing a quick check in all the kids to make sure they were all sleeping safe and sound inside the house. Although he had to take a quick glance at Evan who looked like an angel sleeping in the spare bed in Parker's room. So young and innocent, and yet the child had the devil for a mother.

"Yeah," Isabel said.

"What's happening," Kyle asked and Isabel had to think while at the same not thinking to check her door at the same time, otherwise she would have seen Max staring at his sister while she talked on the phone and had overheard some of the conversation. She was rattled at hearing the news and he paled at the knowledge that Liz could be targeted also. Sensing something finally, Isabel looked up and was hesitant when she saw Max staring at her. She knew he had heard. "Kyle, I've got to go. I'll talk to you later in the other manner. You know what I mean."

"I'll be waiting," Kyle said as he disconnected the call while Isabel did the same thing and looked at her brother.

"You're awake."

"Yes," Max said. "What is going on Isabel? What is this about Liz?"

"You shouldn't be worrying about this right now," Isabel said, "You need your sleep, and I do too… Maybe we can talk about this later."

"No." Max said. "I want to know what is going on as I could hear your concern for Liz. What is going on Iz, what has happened to Liz?"

While Isabel was forced to deal with her distraught brother, Kyle went back to Liz's bedroom and found she had awoken and was sitting up, having reached for a robe while he was gone. "How are you doing?" he asked. Liz smiled but Kyle could see the tension that existed underneath. "Maybe I should go get Maria!"

"No," Liz said as she waved off his concern. "I'm fine."

"You're not fine Liz. You're worried to death and that is not good for you, or anyone." he said softly. "I'm sorry if I woke you up with my phone call."

"Who were you talking to?" Liz asked. “I can’t be thinking who I am thinking Kyle…”

"Isabel!" Kyle said as she he knew he had to be honest with his friend and one-time girlfriend.

"Isabel Evans?" Liz asked as her eyes widened at the implications as she brain pondered just exactly how long Kyle and Isabel had been keeping in contact and why this was just coming out now "What's going on Kyle?"

"If you're asking how long I have been talking to her. This was the first time in a long time. I don't make a habit of it, knowing how precarious our situation is...despite having our freedom to live our lives.”

"Did you tell her, about Evan?" Liz asked as she still hadn't figured out her own emotions regarding the little boy who had shown up on her doorstep. The child resembled Tess with his blondish hair but also most importantly Max, which is why she was having a tough time sending him away and why she had a tough time sleeping. The child had grown attached quickly to his half-sister and brother, and they to him and therefore making it truly a tough decision in what to do in the long run with the boy. And whether to turn the boy away and into the system. She didn't want to, which was scary to her and to Maria, Michael, Kyle as they witness the emotional turmoil in their friend.

"Yes!" Kyle nodded. “I had to.”

"And?" Liz asked. “Did they find the boy. I always assumed Max was with his son. I guess I was wrong to assume. Evan was obviously with his mother all this time, so what does this mean and what has it meant for Max? Sorry, you can see I have all kinds of questions.”

"She reacted like we would think she would." Kyle said, and Liz could sense something was being kept from her. “We never talked about the boy, as it was always quick check ins to make sure all was alright, and I truly haven’t heard from her in many months. Probably because Isabel knew that Max had moved on, and gotten married and didn’t want to break the news.

"What?" Liz asked. "What aren't you telling me?"

"There is something you don't know," Kyle said. "And I'm not sure you want to know."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because I know you won't..."

"Try me!" Liz said a tad uneasy but knew she should know whatever Kyle was keeping from her. "Kyle..."

"Okay, okay" Kyle said. "I found out something and felt you might want to know." he tried to smile, but it appeared false to Liz. "Max was married...here on earth" and before he was finished with what he was going to say, Liz paled at the words as they penetrated her brain, and collapsed.

Before hearing the rest, "but his wife is dead." as he knelt to help his fallen friend.
Last edited by Parker1947 on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Chapter 3 - Updated: 03/10/2018

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So Kyle and Isabel have been keeping in contact the whole time. Tess killed Max's wife but why would she do something like that. Oh my god that was the worse thing Kyle did by telling Liz Max was married and his wife died. Oh great now Max is wored about Liz. I can understand Liz passing out again. Will Isabel tell Max what Kyle told her? What will Max do when he finds out? Will Max and Isabel go and see Liz, Micheal, Maria and Kyle? What will happen when Max and Liz see each other? Will Max aND Isabel meet Liz's kids? What will happen when Max,Isabel see the kids?

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

How in the hell is that bitch alive! How could Max marry someone other then Liz! Why did that bitch dump her son on Liz like she did? I need answers!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Okay........I need some questions answered PDQ....
Why isn't Tess dead???
What happened to Zan/Evan's adoption??
Why did Max get married to Pam??
Those questions are just for starters. I am very confused over this situation.
Carolyn
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

If Isabel and Kyle have been talking through the years, why was Liz and Max's twins never discussed. How on earth was Max able to fall in love with another woman?
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Wow! never thought I would read from Max, who married who ever suited him! at some time in his life! :shock: :lol: I guess Liz's got a wake-up call about Max's real feelings for her....

I guess it is always this way, with women... they love with the heart and not with something else! :twisted:

' Leaving Alien normal' is more the Name I imagine for this Story and I wonder what will happens now... Waiting impatiently for more!

Thanks lol EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Leaving Normal - Chapter 4 - 03/12/2018

Post by Parker1947 »

Max meanwhile was feeling the weight of the world collapse upon him as he sat and listened to Isabel speak. The grief he felt for losing Pamela was nothing compared to what he experienced when he was forced to separate from Liz and the rest of the gang. And the fact that Michael picked to stay with Maria, and was with them after all this time made it even more impossible to deal with but with time, he had realized he needed to get on with his life and, so he did, and met Pamela and went with his gut decision and now that was coming back to haunt him.

Pamela was taken from him... And now Liz was back in the picture and in trouble. And it could be because of Tess!

Tess, the woman who made his life miserable and changed his and Liz's life back in high school which led to everyone splitting up and to think she could be alive but most all, back in their lives, causing him to have a breakdown in terms of figuring out what to do. "You can't be serious," he whispered to his sister, Isabel. The woman who had stood by him even when she knew that his relationship with Pamela was a disaster waiting to happen. But she stayed. And tried to save his marriage, for his sake he knew. She always had the desire for normal, he too. So, she wanted everything to work out. But he and Pamela were too different, and she could see the end coming. But not this way and for Max, it felt like his wife died because of him, and who he was.

"I'm sorry Max; I didn't want to have to tell you. But you gave me no choice." Isabel muttered softly and hugged her brother. "I promise you that we will figure it out."

"She's okay, isn't she? She hasn't been hurt," Max asked pain evident in his face. "None of them, right?"

"Miraculously they are safe, unharmed." Isabel said deliberately leaving out the mention about Evan because she knew her brother wouldn't be able to handle it on top of the loss of Pamela and before it, Liz.

"So, you have been keeping contact with Kyle?" Max asked, shock still on his face. "What happened to cutting all ties Iz." he asked as he remembered back to that time when he and Isabel had that conversation about how to treat their secret identities away from Roswell. "You're the one who instigated that rule, not me."

"I don't make it a habit Max, I promise you. It's been a long time since I talked to Kyle in real time, but I can't deny there have been times where he and I met through my dream-walking and we talked," she said in a soft guilty voice. "We never exchanged information on each other's lives, we just talked, and it was never that long. It was nice to be able to talk to some who knew me in our prior life before we left Roswell. Someone who knows from experience..."

Max nodded and knew he didn't fault his sister. If he had the capacity to dream-walk, there would be no force that would have kept him away from Liz. But because that wasn't one of his powers and therefore he was able to control his desire to keep track of Liz's life as much as it hurt him deeply to let go, and move on. The feeling he was so out of the loop was one of the burdens he kept inside him, and it stung him to think his sister knew more about what Liz currently was facing than he did. "They are fine, right? Michael?"

"Michael is doing great," Isabel whispered. "I don’t many details of the life he and Maria are able to lead, but Kyle assures me that they have been succeeding in leading a new life, although it hasn’t always been easy but given the alternative they will take it, and everything has been normal until the most recent developments over Tess’s return."

Max nodded again and got up and paced. "You're not telling me something. What is it Isabel. What aren't you telling me?"

"It's nothing Max,” Isabel said quietly as she didn’t want to get in the nitty gritty details of Zan’s return until he was able to process it. “You need to get some rest. We still need to deal with some last-minute things regarding Pamela..." she said as softly as she could and winced when Max's face went pale. "I'm sorry to be doing this, but it has to be done."

Max didn't want to deal with, but knew his sister was right. He did have to deal with it.

And then he would find the true story about the latest developments in the alien crisis of the moment. "I better get dressed. You're right, we need to do this. Pamela would want something nice, and respectful. She may have gotten mixed up in my life, but she at least deserves decency."

Isabel nodded and watched her brother go and get dressed while wondering at the same time. Could they handle what was coming? Burying Pam was one thing, but dealing with the evil forces reawakened, could they handle them?

Because Tess's return wasn't innocent. It couldn't be, and with Max ineffective. It had left her to figure out what to do and how to deal with the situation. Now that it seems like Tess had managed to bring the gang together in a diabolical scheme, centered on a little boy.

And not just any little boy but Max's son!

A child that was related to her, and Max and Tess.

And she wasn't ready to deal with, but three days later, she was thrust into action because suddenly the game was on.

And back in Liz's house, over the next few days, the feeling of the stakes changing could be felt. Silence was now the emotion and the feeling in the house. Ever since Kyle's little talk with Isabel Liz was feeling different range of emotions when she woke up from having fainted and Kyle and confirmed that Max had been married but added the newest blow to her psyche. Max's wife was also now dead. And it might be a direct result of Tess blowing into their town.

Or two towns.

Uprooting two families and putting them back into chaos. With Liz and Maria worried for their children and for the love of their lives. Michael and Kyle had immediately gone on alert and Michael was almost back to his old self, and soldier Michael was coming to life and both Liz and Maria weren't sure what that meant.

Instead they tried to concentrate on what they knew best, their lives, and their children and making Evan comfortable in the house because the boy wasn't sure which end was up. And that was hard. But he had taken to the kids in the household, and soon they all were fast friends. How Parker and Emma were related to Evan wasn’t even discussed, although it was among the adults.

“Unreal,” Kyle murmured as he saw the kids play among themselves.

But the kids weren’t stupid. Stupidity was never a fault or a label you could give to Emma and Parker Evans. Emma particularly and it was three days after Evan's arrival and her mother’s fainting spell when Emma cornered her after school. Parker was at baseball practice with strict instructions, never to use his powers to enhance his skills which he didn't need to do since both kids were gifted in almost everything they touched, powers or no powers, "Mom?”

"Yes Emma?" Liz said as she looked over her expense report.

"What's going on, around this house?"

"What do you mean?" Liz said looking up to make sure they were alone, and Michelle or Amelia weren't lurking around, which they tended to do at times.

"Something's happened, I know it. We kids know it. What happened?" Emma asked softly.

"Everything is fine Emma. It's just a little tense until we know what we're going to do about Evan. It is nothing more..." Liz said and silently wished for a normal life.

"I don't think it's related to Evan's arrival. It is bigger, much bigger."

"Why do you think that?" Liz asked as she silently cursed the fact that her kids were so smart, and were able to pick up many things she or the others may not have thought of.

"Suddenly everyone is acting weird. Uncle Michael and Kyle are paranoid whenever we want to go out and play. And Aunt Maria looks scared at time, although she tries to cover it up with her perky attitude. What is going on Mom?"

"You don't have to worry honey. You just need to let us adults deal with it. It's grown up stuff. There is nothing to worry you guys with."

"Does this have to deal with Daddy?" Emma whispered.

And Liz's heart stopped which often happened at the mere mention of Max's name. The kids knew the identity of their father, practically from birth. Liz never felt the need to keep it from them, and make them wonder who he was. Although she had simplified the story and told them that he loved them but couldn’t be with them. Which was true, if he knew about them. But the kids didn't need to know that detail. And it seemed to work. They always seemed okay with just the knowledge of Max's name as their father. But Liz was beginning to wonder if that had changed.

Or not.

"Does it?" Emma asked carefully. She and Parker always had sensed that the mention of their father's name by their honorary uncles and Aunt Maria always brought tension and silence to their mother. So, they always tried not to hurt their mother with any mentions. But she had this sense that her father was in the middle of the latest battle to hit their household!

"No sweetheart your father doesn’t have anything to do with this." Liz lied.

"Mom!" Emma insisted.

"Go sweetie, I know you have a report to work on... for English class. Why don't you go work on it? I have some work to do. Okay, sweetie?"

"Okay," Emma said as she took the opening to stop her enquiring because she knew she wouldn't get anywhere. Not when her mother was so on edge. But somehow, she would find out, what was happening. But first she had an English report to work on and, so she went up to her bedroom in the large Victorian mansion which somehow her mother was able to afford.

In her bedroom, she sat down on her computer and started working on her report for the book, "Little Women". But found herself feeling detached from working on her homework. Especially a paper which wasn't due for a week yet, so she went on to the internet and started surfing Harry Potter sites but then she went into a search engine and found herself entering, Evans, Max into the computer screen and soon she got a whole list of Evans.

What shocked her were several articles about a Max Evans from Roswell, New Mexico. Scanning the articles, she was shocked when she saw the name Elizabeth Parker listed in a few of them.
GUN SHOTS RING OUT IN ROSWELL DINER: 1 HIT OR WAS SHE?
Shots rang out in a small-town diner catered to Roswell's alien industry yesterday and witnesses describe how they saw a young teenage girl hit the floor. Elizabeth Parker, age 16 was the name given to authorities. Ms. Parker is the daughter of the owners and herself a waitress in the restaurant. She was on duty when a fight started up out and shots rang up and soon she was seen on the floor of the kitchen, unconscious.

A young man was seen by her body before running out of the diner. Sources tell us, the young man's name was Max Evans, also 16. Authorities were called, but suddenly the young girl appeared okay and in one piece saying that a bottle of ketchup was the only thing that was spilled. Sherriff Valanti appeared suspicious but let the matter go. But the question remains, due to some allegedly sharp-eyed witnesses. Was Elizabeth Parker shot and brought back to life? And why was there no blood? Only ketchup!

"Weird" Emma thought and looked at the computer in a way a normal eight-year-old probably wouldn't do.
ROSWELL TEENS HELD IN UTAH ARMED STORE HEIST

Roswell teens, Max Evans; age 18 and Elizabeth Parker; age 17 dating on an off for the last two years were arrested after a chase by police after they were spotted coming out of the Quik Stop convenience store where they allegedly robbed the store at the gunpoint. No proof of a weapon has been found. Both were being held at County Lockup with Max Evans eventually making bail and barred from the state until his 21st birthday. And Elizabeth Parker remanded into custody as there was enough evidence to warrant pursuit of the charges.

There is no word on what made the two high school seniors come all the way to Utah to rob a convenience store.

Updated: It has been announced that charges against Elizabeth Parker were dropped and she joined her boyfriend in having the case dismissed by authorities. There is no reason why. Just notification of the charges being withdrawn was filed in court. Both teenagers were taken back to New Mexico by their parents. Case is closed. Or is it?

"Mom? Dad?" Emma asked and went on and read another.
FBI SWORM HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION: WERE ALIENS AMONG US?
FBI agents from a special unit swarm the Class of 2002 Graduation at Roswell High last week. Despite assurances from the local sheriff department that it was all a mistake, questions still are being raised. As to why three high school seniors and one college freshman were targeted by the agency for termination. And how said four teens could just vanish along with two other high school seniors without a word and a tip to where they all are or whether the group broke apart or are together traveling our country or the world?

Even though the sheriff has tried to stop the gossip, it hasn’t stopped the whispers that aliens were among us. ALIENS WERE AMONG US? Were they? And why are there reports of the homes of the Evans and the Parkers ransacked the days before the graduation and afterwards, in the case of the Parkers if it wasn’t just a case of kids leaving home for a new life.

If the names Evans and Parker are familiar, they have been in the news over the last few years due to stemming from shootouts in the Crashdown Café all the way to attempted burglary of a convenience store in Salina, Utah. Sources have contradicted the more lurid rumors by saying the young lovers had simply gotten engaged and ran off to the get married due to disapproving parents and were starting new lives elsewhere. Have they? Is it a simply lovers running off together. Or was it more? Were there aliens among us and were we all clueless all these years?

Update #8: As of May 14, 2010. There is no sign in Roswell, New Mexico of the teenagers who vanished on the night of their high school graduation in May 2002. They have yet to show up to visit their families, so questions have arisen to the whereabouts of Elizabeth Parker, Max Evans, Michael Guerin, Isabel Evans-Ramirez along with their friends Maria Deluca, and Kyle Valenti who also disappeared along with the four. Burning questions remain into the disappearances.

"What?" Emma asked herself as she switched back to her report scared of the unanswered questions in the articles. But her brain couldn’t leave them behind completely as she wondered what her mother wasn’t telling her as she went back to writing up her report.

Meanwhile Liz was doing some work on the household expenses. Emma’s questions had reawakened some painful memories in her as she sat calculating the figures on the page in front of her. Flashes went through of their last conversation. “Go Max. Take Isabel. I will always love you, but you need to go find your son and make sure he is alright. I can’t go this time, as we’ll stick out too much now that the FBI almost had me in their clutches, so take Isabel, but you need to do this for your own sanity as well as your future. And when Maria came upstairs from doing the laundry, she saw the frown on her friend’s face. "What's up chica?" Maria asked.

"Emma's asking questions!" Liz said quietly as she came back to reality from her flash.

"What kind of questions?" Maria asked, as she plopped down on the chair at the table, next to Liz.

"She wants to know what is going on and if her father has anything to do with it?" Liz sighed, and Maria's smile turned into a frown. "I know, I know. They are too young."

"Well they are the only kids besides Michelle and Amelia and maybe Evan who has powers and would be classified as very special kids. I can see where she would question..."

"But I'm not ready yet to have to discuss my complicated history with Max,” Liz sighed as she thought back to her time with Max.

"And it was very complicated and still is..."

"Yes, especially since I'm caring for his child with another woman!" Liz murmured. "What am I going to do?"

"Just take a deep breath as it will be alright because there is no reason to panic!"

"I guess but I can’t help but worry. Dr. Santos is going to have field day at my next appointment" Liz sighed as she dreamt of her next session.

"You need to de-stress a bit, so you should come out to the pool with me. Michelle and Amelia are already out there being chaperoned by Kyle, so I could use some help as Kyle has to get going as he has errands to do?" Maria said with a smile. "I've been working on my music, I need a break. And Michael’s out with Evan."

"Michael has taken to Evan?" Liz said.

"Yeah, I think its part that Evan reminds him of Max. And the fact that unless we have a surprise baby. He's not getting a son of his own" Maria said with a laugh.

"You know Michael loves the girls!" Liz said.

"Of course, but deep down..." Maria said as she shakes away the bad thoughts with a laugh. "He's happy, I'm happy. We're happy."

"Good!" Liz said as she closed her expenses folder and got up. "I'll check if Emma wants to come!" and she went upstairs and was walking down the hall into her daughter's room when she saw the expression on her daughter's face. Something is up she thought to herself. "Emma?" She asked as she walked into Emma's room. "What's wrong?"

Emma looked at her mother with a frown. "What?" she asked.

"The pool, do you want to come?" Liz asked. "Michelle and Amelia are out there, waiting."

"Okay!" Emma said as she got up from the computer, having saved the progress on her paper but Liz couldn't help but see a headline popping out of the printer as a newspaper article had been printed. As soon as Emma had gone into her bathroom to grab her towel, Liz picked up the piece of paper and was shocked. It was a headline about the fiasco at graduation and the last days she had spent in her hometown of Roswell!

And of the last day she had also seen Max...
Last edited by Parker1947 on Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Chapter 4 - Updated: 03/12/2018

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Liz what do you expect? She is your daughter and seems very much like you.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Leaving Normal (CC, Mature) - Chapter 4 - Updated: 03/12/2018

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I still don't understand why Max and Isabel wanted to cut all ties with Roswell when they returned......????
Liz's daughter is finally finding out the family history from the internet and various articles. Time for explanations.
The marriage to Pamela is still a concern.
Thanks,
Carolyn