On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 65 - Completed: 12/18/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 32 - 09/09/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I hate that Beth will leave and take the twins......,.that might be even more dangerous than staying to fight together.
Thanks
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 32 - 09/09/2019

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Oh no Beth is wanting to go back to Madison already. Hopefully Max and Grace can say something to make Beth and the girls stay. So Alexandra and Carrie want to stay with Max and Grace. Wonder how the girls will get Beth to stay. It is understandable that everyone is freaked out about what happened to Grace, Alexandra, Elizabeth. So someone is trying to scare Beth into leaving Max and Grace. Max needs to get Beth to stay. Max and everyone need to find out who is doing this before it is too late. Loved how Max told Beth he wasn't going to lose her again.. Now Beth has some thinking to do. Poor Michael and Maria now they have to worry about boys wanting to date their daughter Elizabeth. Hope Michael and Maria are ready. Crossing fingers Beth and the girls will stay in Roswell with Max and Grace.

L-J-L 76
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 33 - 09/12/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

“How are you doing?” Michael asked twenty minutes later as he arrived to take Max back to the auto repair shop as Max had elected to keep the car at home in case there was an emergency. So, he had asked Michael to shop by and pick him up, and so they were driving, and Max was too quiet, and it unnerve the King of Silence, Michael.

“It hasn’t been the easiest of days,” Max said quietly.

“Beth wants to go back home to Madison, doesn’t she?” Michael asked as if he could read Max’s mind as that was all he was thinking about and he hated the prospect of losing her all over again because of being who he was.

“Yes,” Max said simply.

“Are you going to allow it?” Michael asked as he wondered what Max might do to stop Beth and the girls from leaving.

“I don’t think I have much choice,” Max said honestly. “I can understand why she would freak and want to go back. I had been expecting it for days as I know it’s been this fantasy that we’ve been living but to know it’s happening because someone is coming after me again and targeting our children. I can’t help but resent it.”

“Why does Khivar care about us, so damn much” Michael asked as he took the turn towards the shop.

“I don’t know why. It’s not like we care a damn about him” Max muttered. “We may have stopped him from taking Isabel back all those years ago, but to strike out then with Liz’s crash and now with the kids, I don’t understand it” he murmured as he had the same thoughts that his eldest daughter did, as it’s not like they cared about Antar. Khivar can have Antar, it’s not like we’re looking to go back and take it back.

“So, we’re thinking it is Khivar?” Michael asked.

“Kal wouldn’t want to do it. Afterall, he protected us from Ellis, with his own methods of course but it was protecting our secret. Khivar has no such desire to protect us” Max murmured. “He just wants to create pain or payback for whatever we did to him.”

“To think he could have succeeded,” Michael asked as he shuttered to think of what might have been… maybe Elizabeth was right that her love life was a lot less painful than what could have been for him and Maria to face if something had happened to their daughter in that accident but he didn’t want to think about his little girl’s love life.

“Thank god for Grace,” Max murmured as they parked nearby the shop, and got out of the car. “I hate to think of what could have happened”

“I know,” Michael nodded as he thought of his own daughter and how quickly he could have lost her as well even if it wasn’t intended by whoever orchestrated today events. “Elizabeth got asked out on a date”

“Whoa,” Max said as he looked over at his friend as they walked up the street to the auto repair shop. “I am surprised you still came with me, so is she going?”

“She only dropped the news as a way to get out of trouble from ditching school, so we don’t have all the details yet but it’s just a remainder that I wish our kids weren’t so independent” Michael admitted. “And yet her love life is better than how it could have gone.”

“I know,” Max nodded as he thought the dance Grace was taking with Jake and whatever connection they had formed.

“Still I don’t like it. I don’t know this kid” Michael muttered.

“Something tells me you will get to know him,” Max sighed as they walked into the shop and met up with Jake to talk about the latest findings.

“So, who is this Finn?” Maria was asking her daughter as she watched Elizabeth work on her paper. Isabel had given her the day off after news of the accident hit the boutique and so Elizabeth was working the full day on Saturday to make up the hours. So, she had time to focus on her term paper.

“Some boy,” Elizabeth said as she looked up at her mother as she knew from her mother’s look that she was getting the full investigation treatment. “It surprised me because I didn’t think he was interested.”

“You didn’t?” Maria asked.

“It’s not like I go out with a lot of boys Mom,” Elizabeth said to Maria’s wince. “I have left that mostly to Grace, for good and bad” she sighed as she thought of all the trouble her friend had gotten into with guys. “No one really piqued my attention.”

“Until now?” Maria asked.

“I don’t know if Finn is anything, but it surprised me when he asked me out today. It never entered my mind, and then you know the accident happened and so I haven’t had time to really think about it.”

“Do you want to go out with Finn?” Maria asked.

“I think so,” Elizabeth admitted. “Before you start Mom, he’s a good guy. A junior, and in one of Grace’s AP classes. So, we don’t run in the same circles, but I do know from the grapevine that he’s a good guy.”

“Are you sure?” Maria asked.

“Mom, the school grapevine clues in us students pretty quickly of who you can trust. Sure, there are people who get through the cracks, but I know from what I heard that everyone trusts Finn, and he has no blackmarks against him.”

“You’re trying to make me like him?” Maria asked. “So, I will get him through Dad’s resistance, huh?”

“No, truly, he’s a genuine good guy. And if he’s not, I think you can trust me to handle him if he tries to hard with me but it’s one date. And I know by now to be careful…” she murmured. “I may be only fifteen, but I am almost sixteen.”

“Don’t I know it,” Maria sighed as he walked over to the counter to figure out what to make for dinner. “But let your father and I think about it. Given everything going on these days, we want you to be careful, and we need to know the kid.”

“Oh, I know. I told him I had to get permission and I do want it. I am not going to sneak around you guys. I know how much headaches that would case me. At least right now,” she cracked. “I can always wait for that until it all dies down.”

Maria could only laugh because she knew it was the truth. It wasn’t Elizabeth’s style, and if it were, then she would wait until their guards were down, and yet that was comforting to her right now as the doors opened and slam shut as the rest of the kids came rushing into the kitchen and she was soon back into the swing of the daily routine.

While Elizabeth went back to work on her report.

“You’re leaving, aren’t you?” Grace asked her mother as she wheeled her chair into the kitchen as the twins were sitting at the table checking their email, using Max’s old laptop that he had leant them to use. Beth made them promise her that they wouldn’t use it for any way she would disapprove and so far, the girls had been listening to that promise. Beth was making some homemade Chinese food for dinner, for when Max came back from the auto repair shop. As she was cutting the vegetables, she looked up at the disappointment and fear in the teenager’s face. Alexandra and Carrie only shook their heads.

“I promised your father I would think about it, but at the moment that is what I am thinking of doing” Beth sighed as wariness came over Grace’s face. “I know that is a disappointment for you.”

“Yeah it is,” Grace said honestly. “I wish my accident wasn’t forcing you to go.”

“Grace you aren’t forcing me to go. Yes, the accident is one factor in why I think it’s for the best that the twins and I go back to Madison. That is where are life is. The girls need to go back to school to finish off their terms. They switch schools, so their finals marks are important for their futures.”

“I know that,” Grace nodded.

“And I had a job. They have been amazing in letting me stay this long, but I am a doctor and I need to think about my patients” Beth sighed as she thought of her patients. While her colleagues have been picking up the slack, she knew it was coming to a time where it was going to be noticeable that she wasn’t back.

“I know,” Grace conceded. “But still leaving because of today is not what I want.”

“I know you don’t, nor does your father which is why I agreed to think about it, but…” Beth sighed as she chopped the bacon.

“You’ve made up your mind?” Grace asked.

“Not totally,” Beth sighed. “Look Grace, even if we do go back, well, that doesn’t mean we have to stop talking. We can talk. You can call me, and I can call you and maybe this summer when you’re up on your feet… you could come to Madison and visit us for a visit. Leaving doesn’t mean we cut each other off.”

“But it won’t be the same,” Grace asked. “Dad wouldn’t be there…”

“No, he wouldn’t…” Beth conceded. “I do like being here, getting to know you and your father but still we have a life in Madison that we can’t just leave, not yet.”

Grace nodded as she maneuvered her chair around and left the kitchen as Beth looked over at the twins. “Don’t start, okay, you two.” Beth warned.

“We need to go back sometime, and maybe it’s better to do it now than later… You both have to finish school.”

“You know I like school and miss it Mom, but this is an education we will never experience back home so why leave now…” Alexandra asked as Carrie nodded. “We know you have to get back to work, but can’t we wait a little longer?”

“I wish we could but it’s not going to be any easier if we wait another week” Beth warned. “You will still be able to talk to Max, and Grace and I am sure you can come visit this summer or we’re work out something.”

“Yeah right” Carrie muttered as she went back to checking her email after Alexandra finished up and got up from the table and went over to the counter.

“It will be alright you know. Whatever we decide, it will work out” Beth assured her daughter and Alexandra nodded but she hated how it felt to have to go, and miss out on seeing Max and Grace every day…

“I miss Madison, but I think I will miss Roswell more” Alexandra muttered as she picked up a piece of carrot and ate it.

Beth could only sigh.

‘After seeing that nothing could be determined yet on the status of the car. Max and Michael left dissatisfied. Jake assured his father he would be home within the half hour. Now they were heading back to the Evans house. “I have called Jim and asked him to see if there is any surveillance tape of the high school and if anyone got to the car while Grace and Alexandra were in the high school.”

“Someone could have easily hacked the electrical panel given how technology have taken over the cars these days” Michael muttered. “But to cut the brakes, someone had to have gotten to the car. Grace hasn’t driven the car much right…”

“I think today was really the first time since the accident. The car has been in the driveway the whole time.” Max asked. “I have been busy at the office, so I haven’t been around the house much this week so someone could have gotten to the car at the house. But nothing happened until after the high school, if they got to the car beforehand.”

“It wasn’t a complete break of the brakes,” Michael acknowledged. “It meant that it would be alright until it wasn’t…”

Max nodded as they stopped at the house. Turning to Michael, “Call me if you find anything out.”

“I will…” Michael nodded as he watched his friend enter his house, as he sighed at how complicated their lives had gotten.

“Nothing?” Maria asked Michael as he walk in the house. Jake had just called home and said he was on the way, so she was now in dinner preparations. “Jake called, and said you couldn’t figure out anything”

“Not right now, we have to look more into it. Since Grace hasn’t used the car due to her prior accident, it could have meant someone got to the car without us knowing it. “It requires more investigation.”

“I hate this…” Maria muttered.

“Me too, but at least Elizabeth is upstairs and safe and sound” Michael sighed. “But it doesn’t make it any easier…”

“No, it doesn’t…” Maria sighed. “How is Max?”

“He’s not in the greatest frame of mind” Michael sighed as he thought of his friend. “Beth is determined to head back to Madison on the weekend.”

“Oh god,” Maria said as she put down the knife. “She’s really going back to Connecticut,” she asked. “Why?”

“She’s running…” Michael admitted. “Today scared her, coupled with the other close calls or not so close calls… she’s worried for the girls, and for herself. Max is asking her to think it over, and to change her mind but knowing her, well, I have my doubts that she will be able to stay until she has time to relax... away from the situation”

“It doesn’t help anyone for her to leave, not even her Michael” Maria murmured.

“I know that,” Michael muttered. “But it’s been overwhelming for her and it wouldn’t surprise me to see her leave so that she can get some prospective on all the changes in her life. Maybe Max needs it too. He said it himself, he’s caught up in a fantasy. Maybe it’s time the fantasy breaks, and reality set in.”

“Reality sucks,” Maria muttered as Michael went to do some case work for one of his cases. “Reality really sucks” and so she finished the prep for dinner, and went to do some work on her manuscript and went to the den which was Jake’s current bedroom for another week or so until he got more movement in his leg, and she moved the books out of the way of some books she needed, and one of them fell and some papers came falling out. She went to pick them up and was surprised to see it paperwork from a university in New York.

She looked further, and saw it was an acceptance. Along with that was another from UCLA, which was another acceptance.

“Damn it, Jake, you did it this time” Maria muttered as Jake elected to stumble in on his crutches and saw his mother with some papers. “You got into university and you didn’t tell your father and me?”

“Mom… please don’t make this a big deal” Jake murmured as he knew staying downstairs was going to burn him in the end. Why hadn’t he found a better hiding spot than his textbooks, and now it was killing him because he saw the happiness on his mother’s face and yet disappointment that he hadn’t told her himself.

“You got in both schools with full scholarships Jake, full rides” Maria asked. “And you didn’t tell us? How long have you known?”

“Since I got home from the hospital?” Jake said honestly as he remembered the emails and envelopes awaiting his arrival home. “Mom, it’s no big deal.”

“Jake, it’s a very big deal. Don’t you know that all your father and I have wanted for you is for you to go to university and you did it, and got into two very good schools, and you didn’t tell us.”

“Mom, I was going to tell you…” Jake muttered.

“When…” Maria asked. “When were you going to tell us?”

“When I was ready” Jake murmured as he didn’t like what he was also going to have to say. “It’s because I don’t know if I want to go to those schools Mom. Or University at all,” he said honestly to his mother’s face drop. “Don’t look at me like that. I want to go, but I don’t know if I want those schools. Maybe I want to wait and see if I can get into another school down the line…”

“Jacob Luca Guerin, you will not give up your chance at a university education because you didn’t get into a school near here, and near Grace.” Maria angrily demanded as she fought through his real reason on not going.

“It’s my decision” Jake muttered.

“You have a chance at a future for yourself, and you’re not giving it up do you hear me” Maria asked as she walked away in a huff. “Grace wouldn’t want that for you, and your father and I don’t want that for you.”

Elizabeth came downstairs and heard the argument and watched as her mother stormed out of the house and saw the door slam shut.

“What did you do now?” she asked of her brother as she walked into the den, as Jake just stared into space.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 33 - 09/12/2019

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Poor Max he has a lot on his mind with Beth and girls leaving and with Grace's car. So Max and everyone is thinking it could be Khivar. What if it was someone else causing all the trouble. So they now they are thinking that it couldn't be Kal causing the trouble. Oh boy Michael told Max about Elizabeth being asked on a date. Agree with Max about Michael getting to know Finn. It seems Maria is trying to find out everything she can from Elizabeth about the guy Finn. And boy does Maria know her daughter. Oh boy Grace knows Beth and the girls have to go back to Madison. Grace is not happy about it. Beth is right that she and the girls have to go back because of work and school. Understandable that Grace wants Beth and the girls to stay. Beth was trying to make it easy
by letting Grace know that she and the girls could visit. But agree with Grace that it won't be the same as them being together. Poor Max and Michael they couldn't find anything. There has to be away to find out who is causing all the trouble. Agree with Maria that Beth and the girls need to stay with them in Roswell. Oh boy Maria found out about Jake's acceptance letters. Wonder what Jake is going to do now that the parents know. Jake needs to decide what college to go to.

L-J-L 76
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 33 - 09/12/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

I still think it is a bad idea for Beth and the twins to leave.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

LOL.......Michael, "King of Silence".....love that.
Is Khivar involved, or is it someone else??
Glad Max and Michael checked out Grace's car, and I hope some severance tapes turn up.
Jake is in trouble with the parents......
Thanks
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 34 - 09/14/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

“I can’t believe you Jake,” Elizabeth said as she walked into the den and saw her brother slam down his bag. “You got into university and didn’t tell Mom and Dad?” she asked as she saw the irritation on her brother face.

“It’s none of your business,” Jake said as he sat down on the couch.

“I grant you that, but you actually told Mom you don’t know if you want to go to university?” Elizabeth asked as she heard the tale end of the argument. “You didn’t?”

“Look I haven’t made my decision,” Jake admitted. “It’s just something I am thinking of right now. I still have time before I have to say yes to one of the schools” he murmured. “At the end of the day, those schools never appealed to me…”

Elizabeth could only laugh, and she saw through the argument. “Jake, I would think if Grace were going to one of those schools or was nearby, I don’t think we would be having this conversation and Mom knows it. Dad will too…”

“It’s my life,” Jake murmured.

“Yes, it is… You can make any decision you want, but you need to be honest with why you want to do it. You know how much Mom wants you to go to university and live the life she didn’t get to because she went to New York and lived life the hard way” Elizabeth said as she knew the regrets her mother had. “She wishes she had the chance you have, and for you to throw it away…”

“I am not throwing it away Elizabeth,” Jake sighed. “I just might want to do it another way. As I told Mom, I want to go to university. Just not maybe those schools,” he murmured. “And please Elizabeth until I make my decision don’t go telling Grace, okay. Let me do it.”

“It’s your life, but just be sure of the decision you make, okay?” Elizabeth asked as she walked out of the den and left Jake to mutter to himself and to stare down at the acceptance letters, he had from two very good universities, and how he might throw it away.

“Dinner was delicious,” Max was smiling as he and Beth sat in the living room. Grace and the twins had gone to the movies. Thankfully there was a movie theatre, nearby, and so they walked with the promise that they call if they needed a ride. So, it was only Max and Beth in the house. “Thank you for making dinner.”

“It’s no problem. Back in Madison, I didn’t always get a chance to make dinner, but I did like to cook.”

“Yeah, I am not much of a cook. Never way, and it didn’t get any better over the years. I make a few simple things. But with Grace working at the Crashdown most nights, and when she doesn’t, we just have the easier meals.”

Beth nodded.

“I do appreciate you being here…” Max said. “I may not want you to leave but I know how hard it has been for you to come and face the past. A past that you don’t have full memory of yet, and how it has gotten to be overwhelming for you. I do appreciate how you’re giving me a chance to know you, and to know the twins.”

“Alexandra might have forced my hand. But I am thankful for what I have learned, but I just wish it wasn’t so overwhelming.”

“At least you know where you come from…” Max smiled.

“Yes, I do…” Beth acknowledged. “Roswell is an amazing town. I wish I remembered more of it.”

“Maybe those memories will come…” Max asked.

“Maybe,” Beth agreed. “Why did you stay here in this house. The memories I mean, they had to be intense during those years you thought I was gone, and it was just you and Grace. Why stay here in this house?”

“The memories,” Max said. “Sure, they were like ghosts always hanging around but there was something comforting about staying here in the house that we intended to raise Grace in, and I knew how much you loved it here as much as I did. I couldn’t move, even in those early days and months. Something kept me here…”

Beth nodded as they continued to talk when there was a knock on the door. Max got up and went to answer it and saw an unhappy Maria.

“Maria…” Max asked. “What’s wrong?”

“My son is going to give up the best thing in his life because of Grace…” Maria muttered as she walked into the house at Max’s invitation. “I have to stop him.”

“Oh god, what now…”

“What did you do to get your mother to freak out?” Michael asked as he came out of the office and saw Elizabeth now on dinner prep. Explaining that Maria had words with Jake and just stormed out and so Michael had gone to find his eldest son for an explanation, and Jake was staring into space.

“It’s my life…” Jake only muttered as if he was ready for a battle.

“Oh god, what now?” Michael asked as he saw that his son wasn’t happy, and yet was defiant for some reason.

“She found out I got into university,” Jake said honestly as now that it was out in the open, well, it wasn’t worth continuing to lie.

“Excuse me, whoa… Congratulations” Michael smiled as he couldn’t help but feel proud that his son was going to university. Life hadn’t given him that luxury back when he was in high school and really, he didn’t know if he had wanted that life if he had the chance, given the kind of life was living at the time but knew Maria had regrets about the path she took. “Where?”

“UCLA and NYU” Jake said miserably, and Michael noticed the mood, and wondered why that was…

“Shouldn’t you be happy?” Michael asked. “Is it the cost. You know your mother and I can afford to help you.”

“It’s not that,” Jake said. “I got full scholarships to both, which will take care of tuition, books and living costs.”

“Whoa…” Michael said. “Then why do you look miserable?”

“I told Mom that I don’t know if I want to go to either school, and that maybe I might wait it out and try for another school down the line…” Jake said honestly. “Stay home next year or something…”

“Jake,” Michael said honestly surprised by the admission. “No wonder your mother freaked.”

“Look it’s not like I want to give up on university, it just I am not sure I want to go to those schools. Neither appealed to me.”

“They did when you applied?” Michael asked as he could only shake his head at the same thought his wife had rolling through her brain. “I remember they were high on your list that you had for the schools and who to apply to.”

“I was different then…” Jake admitted. “Today is different…”

“Yes, it is,” Michael nodded but knew what was really troubling his son. “But you need to be honest with yourself that this is about Grace. You don’t want to be across the country from her next year.”

“Grace might be a factor…” Jake admitted.

“You know it’s the main one Jake otherwise you would be going to one of those schools, and it would be a matter of just deciding which one.”

“Dad…”

“Don’t Dad me Jake. I can’t very well mandate you go to university given my own life. I didn’t even graduate high school so you’re going to one up me regardless of what you do about university, but you know how much your mother wants you to go to a good school, and not to settle.”

“I am not settling Dad…” Jake muttered. “Maybe this is what I want to do. Doesn’t mean I won’t go to a good school… but maybe not right now…”

“Look Jake it’s your decision to make, and we will support you regardless and even your mother will at the end of the day. But she went through life the hard way, and she doesn’t want that for you. I don’t regret the choices I made because it led to your mother, and to you and then your siblings but she wishes she could have a different life even if she loves her life and has a great career and family. Still, she wishes she had a chance of a carefree life in university and that your grandmother hadn’t had to struggle, and that she could have experienced a more normal life because as much as she knows New York gave her the experience to get as far as she has… still it was a struggle. So, you need to make the decision that is about you, and no one else. Not your mother, not me. Nor Grace. Just like I am sure when it comes time to pick universities, she’ll decide what is best for her and only her….

“I know that…” Jake murmured.

“So, if you want to wait and go to a university you really love… I’ll support you but you need to know that is a decision that is right for you, and you’re not making it because of feelings you have for Grace. Because who knows what the future holds. Your mother and I got lucky, but it doesn’t always have that same ending.”

Jake nodded as Michael left to help his daughter in the kitchen, as he left his son to make some hard decisions.

“Children are supposed to make you crazy,” Max acknowledged as Maria stewed over her son’s hair brain scheme. “I am surprised that Jake didn’t tell you about university, and you had to find out the hard way.”

“I know…” Maria stewed. “I thought he wanted to go to those schools when he applied, and now he doesn’t, and it’s all because of Grace.”

“Did he say that?” Max asked as he knew it didn’t sound so farfetched. Afterall Liz chose Las Cruces because of him, when she could have gone to Northwestern. So, to think that Jake would choose to stay nearby wasn’t so crazy although he wanted things to be different for their children.

“Not so much but I could tell from his tone,” Maria asked. “He makes me so crazy. He has a chance at UCLA or New York, and he wants to stay here in Roswell.”

“Isn’t better he wants to be somewhere?” Beth asked as softly as she could tell that Maria and Max had a true bond between them that went further than Max being Michael’s best friend. “To force him to be somewhere isn’t the answer…”

Max silently knew that her words could apply to herself, and to him. “Beth is right Maria. If he doesn’t want to be there, then it might be best to support him regardless of whatever decision he makes about his future.”

“Logically I know you’re right, but I want the stars for him. I don’t want him to have to settle…” Maria sighed as she felt the words said by Beth said a lot about a lot of things in their life and didn’t relish any of them.

“Something tells me that Jake won’t settle,” Max smiled. “He just might have to achieve his own way to whatever his future is…”

“I know that,” Maria acknowledged. “I just don’t like it…”

“We aren’t supposed to like it. You might wish your own life was easier, but you got lucky, right? You went to New York and achieved success your way, and Jake might have changed your life, but you love that boy and you’ll support whatever he wants to do with his life. Liz and I got married at 18. We might have done university, but it wasn’t as easy as we made it look. So, we all have different approaches to our lives and yet I want it to be different for Grace, and for the twins… But I know Grace will have her own say about her life, and I’ll have to make peace with that…” Max acknowledged as Beth looked on with a sense of uncomfortableness as she got brief flashes of the words “I do” and “I pronounce you husband and wife” and then the desire and passion in a first kiss as a bride.

Maria acknowledged truth to his words. “I am sorry for interrupting your night…”

“We were just talking…” Beth smiled as she tried to shake herself out of the effect the flashes had one her. “Max is right. Children are supposed to give us nightmares, but something tells me Jake will make you proud, no matter what he does with his life.”

“I know…” Maria said as she was coming down from her hysterics. “I just wish he did what I wanted him to do.”

“We all do…” Max laughed as he and Beth walked Maria to the door. “But they have to do it, their way.”

“I know…” Maria smiled. “I do thank you for talking me down.”

“So, go home and show your son that you support him no matter what he decides, okay? Max asked of his long-time friend. “Jake will appreciate it if you do.”

“I will. Sorry again for interrupting your night…” Maria smiled and acknowledged. “I hope you say good-bye if you do leave.”

“Don’t worry I will…” Beth promised as she said goodnight as she and Max walked back into the room. “I can tell you and Maria are good friends.”

“Only thanks to you,” Max smiled as he thought back to high school and how much his incredible life good and bad was owed to Liz. “If it wasn’t for you, I never would have met Maria or had in her life or Michael wouldn’t have met his soulmate.”

“Was it really me?” Beth asked.

“Yes, without a doubt. I don’t think I would be this lucky without you being part of my life. It wasn’t easy in those early days, but my life is richer because of it.”

Grace, Alexandra and Carrie were walking out of the movie theatre after the end of the movie and they were talking about the movie they just had seen. A political thriller. Not Carrie’s type of movie but she liked the thriller part of it while Grace and Alexandra were in for all of it, and they had about a fifteen-minute walk back to the house when Grace spotted out of the corner of her eye a young man staring at her. She found him recognizable, but she couldn’t place him. Alexandra and Carrie didn’t notice, but Grace noticed and kept an eye as it seemed he was following him. She tried to take a picture with her phone, but it was blurry. Alexandra was pushing her sister in the chair to give Grace a break from pushing the chair herself, and she noticed her sister was acting odd. Carrie was oblivious.

“What is it?” Alexandra asked Grace.

“Nothing,” Grace tried but Alexandra wasn’t having it.

“What is it?” Alexandra asked again. “You look weird, is something wrong?”

“No, it’s alright” Grace said with more sincerity as the man had disappeared and she relaxed a tad, but it felt weird. “It’s just I think someone was following us, but he’s gone now, and I must be paranoid after today.”

“Really?” Alexandra asked as she looked around.

“Maybe it’s the movie we saw, and earlier today but it’s nothing” Grace asked as finished their walk home, and once the twins were upstairs getting ready for bed… Grace went searching for her father and found him in the kitchen.

“What is it?” Max asked as he saw his daughter wheel into the kitchen. “How was the movie?”

“Thrilling” Grace smiled. “It was a fun experience with my sisters. I am going to miss them when they go back to Madison.”

“Me too,” Max said as he sighed at the reality as he saw from looking at Beth that she hadn’t changed her mind, and she probably was right. She needed to go back and figure out what comes next. And maybe he did need it too, but it hurt like crazy to think of them across the country and not in the same house.

“It’s just I might be crazy, but I thought for a few minutes after we got out of the movie theatre that someone was following us.” Grace said softly.

“I didn’t want to say anything earlier when you and Mom greeted us because you know if she knew, she might be on the first flight tomorrow morning instead of the weekend. But it felt like someone was following us.”

“Excuse me, what?” Max asked on alert. “Are you certain?”

“Not 100%. But I didn’t want to alarm Alexandra and Carrie, but I could feel like this guy was staring especially at me and following us for a block or two.”

“What did he look like?” Max asked.

“Youngish… I tried to get a picture of him, but I couldn’t because it was too blurry” Grace said as she showed her father the picture. “I tried to enhance it on my computer, and printed off a copy but it might have made it worse…”

“It’s worth a look,” Max assured his daughter as his face went dark at the glimpse of the man in the picture. Grace was right the face was blurry, but Max knew the man and knew he had to have been following his kids. “Damn it,” he muttered. “Fu@k!”

“What it is. Who is it?”

“Someone you don’t know, but someone I sure the hell do…”

“Whom?’ Grace asked.

“Nicholas…” Max muttered darkly. “Why in the hell is he back?”
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 34 - 09/14/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Oh no......Nicholas is back......following Grace.
Max is on high alert I'm sure.
Did Beth has a small memory about her wedding?
Maria is blaming Grace for Jake not wanting to go away to school.......he has a big decision to make.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 34 - 09/14/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

How in the hell is that runt still alive! His husk was at the end of it's life years ago!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Superman86
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Superman86 »

Roswelllostcause wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:10 pm How in the hell is that runt still alive! His husk was at the end of it's life years ago!
Totally my thought,...How is Nicholas back.
I liked the Max and Liz scene l love all the Max and Liz scenes of them together. Liz having a small wedding memory nice, however Im surprise Liz hasn't had a sexy or steamy memory of her and Max yet. Seems being back in there house she would get a flash of something or have a piece a furniture, wall, shower, bedroom spike a flash in her :D Anywho nice update. Can't wait for more expo on Nicholas