On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 65 - Completed: 12/18/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 21 - 08/06/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

First stop for Max and the twins was brunch at the Evans home......
Can't wait to see what's next.........maybe the pod chamber??
Maria is helping Liz out with some of her questions......
Almost forgot, college is coming up for Jake......what will he do?
Great part, Thanks
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 21 - 08/06/2019

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Glad Maria is there to help Beth with somethings she may have questions with. Maria can be really helpful sometimes. Agree with Beth about Jake knowing his birth dad. Wow the twin are learning a lot from Philip, Diane, Max. Hopefully with everything the twins are learning they will know more about their father and their history. Maybe Max will take the twins to the pods so they can learn about their history and where their father came from. Wow can't believe Grace and Jake will be going to college soon. Can't wait to find out what colleges Grace and Jakes go to. Can't wait for Beth, Grace to get to know each other. Can't wait for Max and Beth to talk. Can't wait for Beth to start to remember more of her and max. Hoping Beth and twins stay a little longer in Roswell. Crossing fingers for Max, Beth, girls to have a happy ending together.

L-J-L 76

P.S Please please come back and post more really really soon? Can't wait to find out what will happen next for Max, Beth, girls.
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Max is in a difficult situation. He needs to be honest with the twins but he doesn't want to scare them or their mother away. He can't expect the twins not to be honest with their mother.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 22 - 08/08/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

While Grace hummed and hawed over the question Camryn had posed to her, Beth and Maria were walking into the Crashdown where Kyle sat at a booth. The café was bustling, as they all looked at her oddly and Beth didn’t know if she was getting used to it or letting it slide off her as it was a tough call and seemly daily part of being here in Roswell. “Maybe we should have gone somewhere else…”

“The people will get used to it,” Maria encouraged. “Afterall you are the talk of the town and eventually it will become old news. We haven’t given the town much to talk about over the years, and you showing up alive is going to be something they talk about. You’re going to get used to it, don’t worry. So, Valenti any disasters reporting from your wife yet?”

“Nope,” Kyle smiled. “Isabel was just arriving at Phillip and Diane’s as we spoke, and I believe Michael had already arrived, so I guess that is where Max took the twins first…”

“Really?” Beth asked as she sat down in the booth across from Kyle. Maria sat next to her. “That’s promising.”

“Really Beth you don’t have to worry about it. We talk about the disaster possibilities, but they rarely happen. And if they do step on a landmine, Isabel will be there to talk them through it,” Kyle assured Beth.

“I guess,” Beth said to Maria’s laughter.

“You’re not that reassuring Kyle,” Maria laughed at Kyle. “But I guess I wasn’t that much better, earlier, either. So, where are your collection of kids today?”

“All are at their friend’s houses, so I have some freedom. Isabel was doing some boutique business before heading to her parent’s place. I was just doing catch up in terms of work as I am due back tomorrow.”

“So, back to real life?” Beth asked.

“Yup,” Kyle smiled. “What are you doing about work?” he asked curiously to Beth. “You have a big job back in New Haven.”

“Luckily I haven’t taken much vacation in a long time,” Beth murmured. “So, I have earned leave that I am taking, but eventually it’s going to end, and I’ll have to go home and even if I didn’t, the kids do have to get back to school as they have end of their semester approaching as they finish junior high and prepare for high school.”

“When do you think you’re headed back?” Maria asked. She didn’t relish losing Beth to Connecticut and knew Max didn’t either, which was good that he was getting to know the twins before they did happen to leave.

“I really don’t know. I came here without a plan thanks to Alexandra’s trip here… So, I am taking it day by day.”

“I hope you don’t stay away if you do go back,” Kyle said as he liked being able to look at Liz again and even her new identity was reassuring to know they still have a chance to have her in their lives.

“Something tells me I won’t be able to stay away, but still Madison is home. I don’t know how to describe Roswell yet…”

“It’s still very new,” Maria assured her friend. “How you see your hometown will eventually set in.”

“I hope so,” Beth said as they ordered some lunch.

“You outdid yourself Mom,” Isabel smiled as she walked into the kitchen and saw the treats and other delights that her mother had prepared for dessert. “Sorry I missed brunch,” she smiled as she gave her mother a hug. “Work beckoned, so how was it?”

“They are so much like Max honey,” Diane said softly. “It’s unbelievable the chance your brother has.”

“I know,” Isabel smiled. “It’s a miracle. And I hope it works out for him. I have noticed how much they are like both Max and Liz.”

“Carrie definitely is one step ahead most time and is a big risk taker. Alexandra is more reserved, just like your brother” Diane commented. “Not that Alexandra doesn’t want to take a risk at times.”

“They have traits of both parents,” Isabel commented. “I am glad you and Dad are having a chance to get to know them.”

“Me too,” Diane said. “Do you really think Liz will take the girls back to Connecticut?”

“Eventually but how long they stay, that is an open question. And if they do, I don’t think you have to worry about losing out on them in your life. Max isn’t going to let that happen. It’s still early of course, but I don’t think we have to worry about losing them…”

“I hope not,” Diane whispered as out in the living room Alexandra was debating with Phillip a recent immigration legal case while Carrie was observing Max and Michael talking as she took a cookie from the table.

“Your sister is really knowledgeable about that stuff,” Max commented to Carrie as he spotted Alexandra in a debate with his father. “Do you care about that stuff…”

“Alex is always like that, it’s crazy” Carrie commented. “She’s always liked watching the law shows and doing research on legal cases for fun, but me, not so much… She loves school, and most of the time I could leave it.”

“Smart girl,” Michael quipped. “School wasn’t never a fan of me. But your parents, well, they loved it.”

“Did you?” Carrie asked as she focused on her father. “I always assumed Mom did because despite her lack of memory, she did become a doctor after all. But did you?”

“Your mother was a fan of the academics. I always did well, as she craved the knowledge, but I guess I just had the aptitude for school and yet I never liked it one way or another, but I did well…”

“Cool,” Carrie smirked.

Michael knew Carrie had the action gene from both parents and Alexandra was reserved but was known to take a giant risk via a safer route while he didn’t know if Carrie had done what Alexandra did to get to Roswell whether she would have taken the safer route. It was fun to watch, although given he had a risk taker for a daughter he didn’t know if he should be rooting for it.

“So, what are we going to do when we leave here?” Carrie asked.

“I have some ideas,” Max said. “I thought you would like a tour… a different one that you have been exposed to before…”

“How is that?” Carrie asked.

“You will see,” Max smiled as he glanced over at Michael as they exchanged a knowing look.

“Okay, what do you have planned?” Carrie asked.

“You will see…” Michael confirmed.

“You don’t have to worry about me Camryn,” Grace smiled as she sat in her hospital bed after a pause to consider whether she wanted to answer the question. “If I skip out on Yale and Harvard which are right now just pipe dreams, but if they don’t come to be… it won’t be because a boy is keeping me here…” she murmured as she looked at Jake who only shook his head.

“What would keep you here?” Camryn asked as she looked at Jake who only shook his head in agreement with Grace and yet she wondered if they were telling the truth.

“My life is pretty complicated right now, and who knows how it will be when it is time for university. It might just be my destiny to stay here in Roswell for awhile… and it won’t because some guy might be here or elsewhere for that matter.”

“You would give up on Yale and Harvard because your life is too complicated.”

“Camryn, and while it is true that Grace’s life is complicated right now. I don’t think she has made any firm decisions because unlike us, she has time on her side. But life has a habit of happening whether we want to or not. We can only concentrate on the now, right?”

“Right,” Camryn nodded.

“Why don’t we go back to my room and we can discuss those classes I am missing that we share,” Jake said as he wanted to give Grace a out from talking about how her life might be complicated.

“Sure,” Camryn nodded. “You’re looking stronger Grace; I hope you’re out of here very soon.”

“Me too,” Grace smiled. “Jake I will be seeing you.”

“That you will,” Jake said with a wide smile as he and Camryn turned and maneuvered out of the room and left Grace thinking about the future. It was a reminder of the fact she and Jake were on two very different tracks, and she didn’t know how it would work out.

“Sure, go in” she heard out loud as her mind came back to reality and she tried to leave the negative thoughts of Jake not being in Roswell. She knew it had to be someone knew because Jake rarely spoke loudly, as she guarded her attention towards the door and her eyes first glanced her godmother. “Aunt Maria.”

Then she saw her mother, “Oh, hello…” she murmured as Maria and Beth walked in.

“I am only here for a moment before I got and see how my son is handling his recovery?” Maria quipped. “I just wanted to say hello.”

“Jake looks to be handling things fine,” Grace assured Maria as she glanced at Beth who looked at her daughter with a wariness that the girl expected. “Where are Alexandra and Carrie?” she asked of her sisters.

“They went off with your father on some adventure,” Beth said. “I’ll bring them around tomorrow since I don’t know when they will be back. If that is what you want?”

“I would like to see them,” Grace nodded. “So how is the adjusting to you know Roswell?”

“It’s weird,” Beth said.

“That sums up Roswell alright,” Grace said with a smile at her aunt.

“Who was that with Jake we saw on our way to your room,” Beth asked as she tried to be friendly with Grace and not bring the awkward undercurrent they had at the moment as she tried to get used to the fact she had a sixteen year old for a daughter when she was so used to the twins, and the innocence of their youth. She knew Grace had experienced a lot in her sixteen years.

“Jake’s ex,” Grace muttered.

“Camryn,” Maria smiled. “Which reminds me I better go and make sure my son is alright. I have no idea wat he is up to.”

“Camryn only came to visit.” Grace sighed. “I think they were going to discuss something about school or something…”

“Or something is what I am afraid of,” Maria cracked. “As you know Jake is never concerned about school and has never been, which makes him very Michael…” she murmured as she left the room to leave Beth alone with her daughter while they both tried to navigate the boundaries that existed with two people who didn’t know each other.

“How are you doing?” Beth asked.

“Better,” Grace acknowledged as she felt strange being in the room with her biological mother; a woman she hadn’t seen since she was two years ago until only days ago. It was a strange situation to be in, and she knew it had to be awkward for Beth as well… “I am getting some feeling back, but it’s taking longer than I want it to be…”

“At least it’s movement,” Beth smiled.

“That it is,” Grace allowed. “It’s strange to have to sit around here in bed. I have been able to get out and roam the hospital in my wheelchair but still I am not used to being forced to sit still and it is taking some getting used to.

“The doctors know what they are talking about…” Beth said with a smile.

“Generally, but then I have always been different… so it’s hard to navigate from that frame of mind” Grace admitted. “Are you okay staying at Dad’s?”

“It’s definitely odd. But your father has been really accommodating and keen on making us comfortable. Are you sure you’re okay with it? I know it was only sprung on you after it was decided.”

“It’s Dad’s house. He makes the decisions.”

“It’s your house also Grace. If you’re uncomfortable, we can find somewhere else to go when you’re released.” Beth asked as she knew how it was awkward between them and she didn’t want to put any barriers to the recovery.

“I am fine with it. It was just a surprise to find out the way I did,” Grace admitted as she knew she had time to dwell on it and knew she was getting closer to the acceptance. “But when I think about it. Our house is pretty comfortable, and you guys will be safe there while you figure out where to go from here…”

“We wouldn’t have done it this way if my room hadn’t been trashed,” Beth admitted and saw the frown approaching Grace’s face.

“What?” Grace asked.

“Oh,” Beth asked. “You didn’t know?”

“No,” Grace asked. “Obviously Dad didn’t tell me, so what happened?” asked many things were running through her mind, and none were good.

“I don’t know,” Beth said as she knew if Max hadn’t told his daughter than she needed to be prudent with what she revealed to the teenager. “We got back to the motel, and my room was turned over. And a message was left…” she said tentatively.

“What kind of message?” Grace asked as her blood pressure spiked.

“It’s nothing to be concerned about. I am not abiding by it anyways, so it doesn’t matter but I was concerned about the safety of myself and the girls and your father offered to have us stay at your place until I make a decision about the length of our visit.”

“Are the twins okay?” Grace asked.

“Oh, their room wasn’t touched. It was just mine…” Beth said softly. “Truly, Grace you don’t have to worry about it. We’re fine and will continue to be fine” she said as she knew she was slightly a hypocrite when she was just voicing her concern about staying in Roswell with newest threat at the hospital.

“I guess I am sensitive since I was also attacked a few days ago” Grace muttered. “And given someone made sure you disappeared from our lives when I was a small kid”. “But Dad is determined to make sure everything is okay.”

“He loves you, and he wants to help…” Beth asked.

Grace nodded. “So, what is Dad up to?” she asked as she tried to divert from weightier issues and tried to get back to something positive.

“Don’t know, all he said was he wanted to give the girls some time to see Roswell. I do know he stopped by your grandparents Evans for a little while…”

“Oh, cool.” Grace smiled. “Grandma Diane and Grandpa Phillip are great. They are going to love any kind of visit.”

“So, they are great grandparents?” Beth asked.

“Awesome. Both sets are great to me, and I don’t see them enough as because I work at the Crashdown I see my Parker grandparents more…” Grace thought as she pictured both sets of her grandparents. “So, I am very lucky…”

“You’re loved…”

“You were too…” Grace murmured. “Grandpa and Grandma Parker missed you very much all these years. Whoever arrange this must have hated Dad a lot to put us through all this pain…” she sighed, and Beth felt confused because she still felt no attachment to the names although she did with Grace and yet their bond was still so reluctant and awkward.

“I will everything about the last fourteen years had been different, in so many ways” Beth murmured. “Did you have a good life…”

“With Dad, the best” Grace gushed. “Things may look tense right now, but he was an awesome dad and I don’t know how much life could have like it was without him. He did the best he could under the circumstances, and I wish things could have been easier for him, but he tried, and I will always appreciate it…”

“I am glad…” Beth nodded as she wondered just what Max was up to with the twins. “What do you think your father will do with the twins?”

“Knowing Dad, he’ll give them a lesson on who we are and why it’s best to keep it a secret at all cost, and to be careful. Not to say his lessons have been that helpful to me or Elizabeth this past week but at least we know we should always be careful unless we’re threatened and then its truly anyone’s guess what will happen.”

“Is that why you didn’t tell your father what happened to you on New Year’s Eve?” Beth asked softly.

“Definitely. If they knew. Tommy would have disappeared before now, and there is no telling what our crew would have done if they had known what had happened to me and I couldn’t allow it and I wish I had told someone because who knows what might have happened if I had told someone…”

“Are you talking about your baby?” Beth asked.

“Somewhat,” Grace sighed as she thought of the baby that wasn’t meant to be…

“What is this place?” Alexandra asked as they got out of a car and looked at the surroundings they had driven to with Max and Michael. There was nothing to be seen except a bunch of caves, and chambers Alexandra thought. A lot of desert sand but nothing of anything significance the teenager thought as she turned to face her father and Michael. “So, what gives, why are we here?”

“Because it’s something important and we figured it was time you knew what it meant for us to be out here…” Max said as he glanced at Michael who nodded. They both knew it was time for the twins to know everything, every nitty gritty bit of their family heritage whether they were truly able to process it or not. The original generation grew up with this from a certain age, and all the newest generation had experienced it and now Alexandra and Carrie were going to be introduced to it.

“How so,” Alexandra asked curious of where they stood. Carrie was pacing and looking at the rocks, but Alexandra knew something was up on why they were here with their father, and Michael.

“Because this is where I was born, along with Michael and your aunt Isabel.” Max admitted out loud to the jaw dropping fascination of the twins as they let it soak in. “I know how it may sound. That it sounds crazy.”

“That is an understatement,” Carrie murmured as she stared at Alexandra who was assessing the information all scientifically in her brain while she just felt bulldozed. “That’s like impossible, right?” she wondered. “How is that possible?”

“Michael,” Alexandra asked.

“What your father means is up there, in that chamber?” Michael asked he pointed up a hit of caverns and chambers as the twins were quick to look up. “Yes, I know how it sounds and to most, it would sound crazy but to select few that you two are now introduced into, well, it’s not because it’s very real. Right Max?”

“Right,” Max nodded as he knew how this was looking to the twins. Carrie was bewildered by it he knew but Alexandra seemed to be processing it and trying to look at it like it was very real. Something Liz would do back in the beginning. Liz was shocked of course by the sudden changes in her life, but she never doubted it and always was curious about it to the detriment of their relationship at times but that was what he always loved about Liz was that she accepted him, and didn’t think it was wrong… “Alexandra, how are you handling it?”

“It’s unique I grant you,” Alexandra said as she looked at the men and then at her sister. “You said you were found at age six and adopted by Grandma and Grandpa?”

“Yes,” Max nodded. “After a stint in foster care, but we came out of the chambers when we were six.”

“How is that possible?” Carrie asked as she didn’t look at it all scientifically and she knew that would be the outlook of her sister, but she looked at it like any human, how is that possible she mused.

“It’s possible” Michael confirmed. “Max.”

“Right,” Max nodded. “Come on, we have to show you more before get into the how’s and why’s?”

“I guess,” Carrie muttered as Alexandra looked at where they were walking and knew they were learning things that would change the lives they had bee living, and they would have to figure out how to deal with the newest information and it wasn’t as easy as a birth father’s coming into their lives, not by a long shot as she followed her father up the path way to a bunch of rocks.

Max put his handprint up at a certain point on the rock, and a handprint showed, and the jaws dropped of the twins. Michael noticed. “You get used to it.”

Suddenly the rock moved, and a door opened into the chamber. Carrie and Alexandra looked like they weren’t ready for this and yet they were, as they felt like they were walking into a science fiction movie.
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 22 - 08/08/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

So glad the twins are spending time with their dad.
And yes, Grace has a complicated life now, but Beth spilling the beans is about to make it more complicated.
Beth will be someone that Grace can talk to about the baby......
Alex and Carrie's lives are about to change for good......hello pod chamber.
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 22 - 08/08/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Carrie, Alex welcome to the pod chamber!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

So glad that Maria and Kyle are there to easy Beth from worrying about the girls. Love how Beth and Grace are acting like a little like family even though Beth doesn't remember Grace. Wow that was some news Beth and Grace shared. Good moment between Philip and Alex. Love how Carrie is watching Max and Michael. So Max took them to the pod champers. Can't wait to find out how that will go. Can't wait to find out how Beth and Grace visit will go. Wonder what will happen when Max, Beth girls get back to Max's house.

L-J-L 76
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 23 - 08/10/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Opening to a pathway, Max and Michael took a step into the chamber as Alexandra and Carrie looked at each other and followed. Looking around they saw how small it was, but also bigger. The idea they could be entering a chamber that only moments before looked like a bunch of rocks. “How is this possible?” Alexandra asked as they stopped and looked around the inner sacrum of the chamber. “You said you were born here…”

“Hatched, more like it” Michael admitted to the astonishment of the girls. “Yes, we know how it sounds. You have been raised to think this is all a science fiction movie and to many it would be, but to us, it’s very real.”

“It is,” Max said. “Talking to your mother these last few days made me realize how much you need to know about where you came from, and as it is nice to know you could have led a normal existence before now, and for much of lives, we are very normal. But at the beginning, it wasn’t normal.”

“You were born here?” Alexandra asked as she looked around as she saw only dirt and debris.

“Yes, in 1989” Max admitted. “We hatched. Your aunt, Michael and I…” he thought of the memories he did have of that time. Somehow, we knew to stay together, but we got separated as we wondered in the woods and your aunt and I were put into foster care and then Michael was located and put in foster care. Isabel and I were adopted by your grandparents; we got lucky. Unfortunately, Michael had a harder road.”

“This is Roswell, right?” Alexandra asked as sudden thoughts came to her. “Wait, there was the whole alien crash of 1947, right?”

“Right,” Max nodded as he looked at Michael who only sighed.

“Are you telling me that we’re aliens?” Alexandra asked. “That what your wife has been writing in those books, is the truth?”

“They always tell you to write what you know…” Michael cracked, and Max could only smirk. “So, Maria wrote what she knew, the whole bizarre and crazy story simplified for mass audiences of course…” Michael admitted.

“The simple story of what we are is that we’re ‘alien human hybrids.’” Max said pipping into the conversation. “You, and Carrie and of course Grace are one more generation removed from that, so you’re a whole lot more human than we are…” he assured the girls. “Your mother is very human.”

“But she has gifts?”

“Yes, she does…” Max admitted. “How did you know… I thought the memory loss was keeping them at bay?”

“We overheard talk of them,” Carrie admitted. “We never saw them, and given Mom was shocked to know we have some… I figure it wasn’t something on her mind in terms what she might be able to do, or not do”

“Right,” Max nodded. “We never got a clear view of why your mother is different. She’s very human, but she does have some gifts. Which she was given when I saved her life when she was sixteen.”

“So, you saved her life and she’s what now different?” Alexandra asked as she tried to look at the bizarre story with some understanding.

“We don’t know why…” Max admitted. “It never happened again, with anyone I saved.”

“Wait, you saved Mom’s life?” Carrie asked. “Did we know this…”

“I guess not,” Max allowed. “When your mother was Grace’s age; well, she almost died, and I saved her life. I used my gifts to step in and save your mother from dying when she was shot at your grandparent’s restaurant, the Crashdown. It opened up my secret to her, and eventually Maria and others…”

“Holy crap,” Alexandra muttered. “She nearly died back then too…”

“Yes,” Max nodded. “I guess we got lucky twice, but the second time didn’t feel lucky for the longest of times.”

The twins nodded.

“So, I did save your mother’s life and somehow in the act; a transference or something happed and we eventually would learn she had some gifts. She never used them to her greatest ability, so we never knew the greater capacity of what she might have been able to do when she went missing. So, the memory loss probably is blocking whatever she might be able to do…”

“Cool,” Carrie breathed…

“It was cool, but it also was pretty dangerous so it’s always wise to be understated in what you do with any special gifts we have… We all have something that is geared especially for us, and for me, it was well my healing ability. I can save someone from certain death, but only if it’s not their time” Max admitted as the brutal reminder of his inability to save Alex when he died. “I was able to save your mother, and then Kyle later on…”

“You saved Kyle?” Alexandra asked. “So, is he different too…”

“No…” Max shook his head. “Which is why we don’t know why your mother is different because Kyle is very much the same guy he was before except he was able to see the larger cause we were experiencing, and he and your aunt fell in love and he’s now totally on board.”

“So, you said Mom is different?” Alexandra asked as she looked around. “And we’re different…”

“Yes,” Max said. “Michael told me that you had some gifts, and well, I saw them in action that night at Grace’s bedside.”

“It’s only been recently…” Alexandra admitted. “But we try to keep them on the downlow because we knew instantly it wasn’t normal, but to know it does exist…”

“It certainly does…” Max said.

“Where does that go…” Alexandra asked as they store the entry to the pod chamber… “Why is there an entry?”

“Because there is where we were born…” Max admitted. “Michael is right, we hatched when were about six years and we went wondering. But before we hatched… we got here because our birth families mixed human DNA and alien DNA, and then sent us here to Earth and we landed in the 1947 crash and we were located here in Roswell, where we gestated and eventually was ready to come out in 1989, and we came out into the world but not as babies by six years old’s and into a new world.”

“Sci fi galore…” Carrie whispered. “This is too unreal.”

“So be glad you came to us the normal way,” Michael cracked. “Albeit in a very different route but it was very normal way for you to come into our world, in comparison to us…”

“Yeah I guess…” Alexandra muttered as she tried to process all this information. She might have been a sci fi fan, but she never imagined any of this could have been the basis of her own creation, even if her father was right that they were one generation removed and human in way their father wasn’t…. “Can we see….”

“Yes,” Max said. “But only If you want.”

“We want,” Alexandra and Carrie said unison.

“So, be prepared for what you will see…” Max said as they watched as the twins gravitated toward the opening. “Go ahead…” he said as he watched as the twins went towards the pods.

“They took it well enough…” Michael murmured as they watched the girls crawl into the space that led to the pods.

“This is like a sci fi movie to them…” Max murmured as he and Michael followed the girls. “And yet for us, it’s very real.”

“They can’t imagine that this is possible…” Michael murmured. “None of the newest generation can, as they all think it’s a cool place and part of their history, but they don’t understand just how it could have happened.”

“I don’t think I do, but we know it happened.” Max murmured as they heard the yells of ‘Hey, this is cool’ from Carrie as they joined the twins in the room, where they stood and viewed the pod chamber and where he and Michael was born on this planet.

“Aunt Isabel,” Grace asked as she looked up as she tried to comprehend the changes her life had brought, and what could have been and might have been when she saw her aunt watching them speak. Isabel saw that she was discovered and entered the room, smiling at Beth who was surprised to see her. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to visit, but I saw Beth was here, so I didn’t want to intrude,” Isabel said softly as she liked the fact that Beth was getting to the know the girl Grace was today, and that Grace was getting to know her mother. “I don’t have to intrude, as I could come back later.”

“No, stay, that is alright. I thought you were off with Max and Michael doing whatever they were up to with the girls?” Beth asked as she saw Max’s sister come into the room. She and Isabel hadn’t spent a lot of time together, and she still seemed a mystery to her and she was curious about Kyle’s wife. “Maria indicated you would be part of whatever was on Max’s agenda for the day.”

“I stopped in for a little while when they were still at Mom and Dad’s, but Max and Michael seemed to be wanting to do the next phase by themselves, and so I figured they knew what ground to trend and what ground to keep unsettled.”

“What are they up to?” Beth asked as she saw the ease that Isabel was operating under and she wished she felt that same kind of ease on issues she wasn’t aware of or had very limited memory of.

“They were headed for the desert…” Isabel asked and saw the confusion on Beth’s face. “Sorry, I forget sometimes you don’t have the memories.”

“What’s in the desert?” Beth asked as she looked over at Grace who was smiling. “Do you know?”

“It’s where Dad was born,” Grace smiled. “All kinds of caves and chambers exist out there, and Dad and Michael wanted to give the girls the grand tour of the alien human hybrid experience. It’s truly a sci fiction movie, so the girls will be thrilled by the discoveries. Eventually it will dawn on them what it means to know what they know…”

“Max was born out there in the desert?” Beth asked Isabel.

“The three of us were,” Isabel muttered. “Michael, Max and I started our lives here in Roswell out there… and our pods are still out there…”

“Max said something about pods,” Beth allowed. “You came out of them as six years old’s?

“Yes” Isabel smiled. “I am sure it’s hard for you to comprehend only hearing us talk about it, but and even to us who have been living with it since we were six years old” Isabel commented. “Max only wanted Alexandra and Carrie to know where we came from, and how we came here… The true elements they won’t get until they are older, and it sinks in as they experience life with the knowledge they have, but they will know it’s something big.”

“How can you handle it?” Beth asked Isabel.

“Because I have lived it since I was seven. Grant you we didn’t fully know what we were living under until we were teenagers but still it’s the only thing I know, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“How does it feel to grow up in this kind of life?” Beth asked as she looked at Grace.

“Would I like the life the twins had until now, probably because it does require a lot of training to try to blend in and cause no waves because when things go wrong like my life these past few weeks then the consequences can be drastic but still I wouldn’t trade it because it’s a very special life I have led and we’re a very unique clan and I wouldn’t want any other life.”

“It can’t be easy…” Beth asked as she tried to imagine how someone could grow up with the weighty secrets and heritage bearing down on their shoulders. Always on the look out for the knowledge to fallout to the wrong person, and for it to go bad… She didn’t know if she liked having her kids exposed to it.

“No, it isn’t, but then I have learned being a teenager who strives to be normal is no picnic whether I have secret powers or not. Being special doesn’t stop life from kicking you in the stomach because what happened to me couldn’t have been stopped even if I had every special power on the planet.”

Beth nodded as she sensed Grace was right. You couldn’t stop every kind of pain from hitting you, even if you had the ability.

“This place is cool” Carrie remarked as she and Alexandra looked at giant pods that graced their eyes as Alexandra turned to her father and Michael. What they were glancing at was something they hadn’t expected to see, and the sight was something out of the movies or books that Alexandra tended to read. “You were born here…”

“Yeah,” Max nodded.

“So, this is real?” Alexandra asked as she continued to explore and weight it and process it. It was unknown treasures.

“It’s very real,” Michael smirked as they saw the amazement on the kids faces. “It amazes us even now to look at it. So, what do you two think about all this?”

“Unreal,” Carrie murmured.

“So, you know what is means to come into this world the old fashion way. Because not everyone had that ability” Max murmured at the astonishment in both daughter’s eyes. It was always brought clarity to see their personal history up front in the eyes of someone who hasn’t be exposed to it before. It had been with Liz, and now it was with their daughters. Grace was born and raised to embrace from a baby. The girls had thirteen years of relative bliss, away from the stresses that the alien chaos brought on to the group. He didn’t know if that would lead them to stay or not or will all the potential drawbacks force him to lose Liz and the girls because it wasn’t something they were used to. It was his nightmare.

“I never knew this whole alien stuff was real?” Alexandra asked. “I mean I enjoy Maria’s stories, but come on, how many people would believe it but wait a minute if Maria is writing what she knew… Wait a minute, is the love story in her series of books based on you and Mom?”

“Um…” Max was stunned by the question.

“Good catch,” Michael murmured.

“Are you serious, was the love story in that series based on you and Mom?” Carrie asked as eyes rose at the question as she might have to borrow her sister’s collection of books and read them because it had never appealed to her, and yet her sister had gobbled it down.

“Maria wrote what she knew…” Max murmured. “And she knew your mother and me. Not everything in that series happened the way she made it out to be, but then she did have to be careful with what she wrote.”

“Seriously…” Carrie murmured.

“It was quite the love story,” Michael murmured as Max only shook his head as flashes popped through his mind as he relived their story and just of just how intense it had gotten.
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 23 - 08/10/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Of course Maria would tell Max and Liz's love story!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 23 - 08/10/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Eyes wide open girls........Alex was really surprised that Maria's books were only telling the truth.
Carrie had no idea that Max has saved her mom's life, or that she had special gifts that the memory loss was blocking.
Sci Fi galore!
I sense Beth is concerned about this exposure her girls are getting with their dad?
Bet Carrie will soon be reading her sisters books that describe her parents love story......
It might take a while for all of this to settle in with the twins.
Thanks