On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 65 - Completed: 12/18/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 15 - 07/22/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

It's no wonder that Grace is troubled and feels she is the target.
Poor Beth.......to discover the condition and note in her room......
Thank goodness the Sheriff was called.
Wonder how Max will react to all of this???
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 15 - 07/22/2019

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Oh boy it looks like someone is looking for something. But wondering what. so glad Beth called the cops. Wonder if Beth will be letting Max know about what happened. Wondering what Max will do when he and the others find out. Please please please please please come back and post more really really really really really soon?

L-J-L 76
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Valenti will let Max know (or at least he should). He will know this is alien related and beyond his fire power. I can understand why Grace is concerned. What are Grace's abilities? Does she have foresight?
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 16 - 07/25/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Jim Valenti was heading home after conducting business at the station and because he knew a bail hearing would be held the next day for Samuelson, he felt he had done as much as he could for the moment. He suspected Samuelson would be held over, and bail would be denied but he had to prep in case… and Amy was now at home, after spending the morning at the Crashdown. But he got detoured off his plan for watching a game at home with his wife, when he got the call on his personal cellphone. But the number was not known to him, but still being Sheriff, he felt a duty to answer. “Yes, Jim Valenti here… How can I help you?”

And his spine went up with he heard Alexandra’s voice, and shivers went down his arms at the urgency in her voice and how she saw that her mother needed her as soon as possible. So, he turned the truck around and called Amy and said he would be delayed and headed over to
the motel… and found Beth in a state of fear in her motel room.

“What on earth happened here,” Jim asked as she walked into the room, and into the mess that yet to be cleaned up. Alexandra and Caroline stayed within their rooms as they waited to know what to do next. Alexandra had the sense they wouldn’t be long for this motel but waited for the official word. Within Beth’s room he found a mess. “Did you come back to this?” he asked.

“Yes,” Beth said softly. “The girls and I were out most of the morning, and we had lunch at the Crashdown, and we then came to this… The other room is fine, but mine isn’t as you can see…” she said softly.

“Yes, I can,” Jim said as he walked around the room and winced at the mirror, and the words written on it. Turning to face the terrified woman and seeing the pain and worry on Beth’s face made him hurt for her and the girls. “I am sorry.”

“What’s going on?” Beth asked quietly.

“I don’t know?” Jim said as he looked around. “Have you taken stock of everything and made sure you still have everything you came to town with?”

“Yes, it’s only a mess. Nothing was taken. I didn’t bring a whole lot in the first place, but I had most of my valuables with me and the girls. “So, I don’t understand why someone would come after me.”

“You’re a celebrity to this town at the moment,” Jim sighed. “It’s a small town so everyone knows your story. I just never thought someone would come here. And I don’t know the reason they would…”

“Really. Grace was attacked the other night?” Beth asked.

“I am sorry Beth. We never imagined this,” Jim said as he reached for his phone and dialed and prayed, he would get a voice. “I am sorry for calling, but a matter has come up and you are needed over at the motel. Yes, I know, but it’s very important. I am calling in the troops. Max is my next call.”

“Who was that?” Beth asked, as she knew it wasn’t Max.

“Michael,” Jim said quietly. “Max is my next call. Again, I am so sorry Beth.”

“I have to ask Jim. Is it safe for me the girls to stay here… or do we have to leave?” Beth asked as she looked around the room, as worry and fury coursed through her veins.

“We’ll protect you.”

“Not here Jim, the motel. But here in Roswell. Someone doesn’t want me here, and knows I am here. Knows my real name. Maybe I should take the girls back to Madison, to where it’s safe.”

“You’re not leaving Roswell Beth,” Max said defiantly. “Don’t be scared away because of this incident,” Max said quietly through gritted teeth as he walked around the room moments after arriving with Michael as they came to survey the situation. “You deserve to be here. You might not have too many memories yet, but this is your home.”

“Madison is my home,” Beth said quietly.

“It’s your current home. But Roswell is your home, whether you remember or not. Don’t let the bad guys force you back,” Max said simply.

“What have the girls and I walked into Max?” Beth asked as she stopped and glared at the message written on her mirror. “Ever since we came back to this town, we have watched non-stop trouble… And it all is because of the life you lead. Well, I refuse to put my girls through that if they can have a normal life.”

Beth was now vocalizing the genuine fear in Max ever since Grace was first attacked and they found out that it was because of who she was, and then Tommy disappeared due to Kal Langley, and now Beth’s room was vandalized, with a clear message of getting rid of her and therefore he worried he would lose her, and she wouldn’t stay. “I am sorry.”

“I know you are. But this is too much Max. Obviously, someone doesn’t want me here.”

“I can honestly tell you this is a surprise. Our lives have been normal. Nothing like this has happened, not in years.”

“So, you are telling me I was likely grabbed and kidnapped, and my memory loss came from that, and I stay away for nearly fourteen years and you’re able to lead a normal pain free life for the most part, and now because I come back to this town, just days later, Grace is attacked and now someone has forced themselves into my room to terrorize me.” Beth voiced. “This is too much… way too much. I mean, thankfully we weren’t here, but maybe this is a message and maybe I need to heed that message?”

“Please don’t say that. You guys deserve to be here…” Max voiced in a terror ridden fear because while Beth wasn’t completely wrong in her assessment, well, he held genuine fear of losing Beth and the girls once again.

“We do, but not if this is going to be a constant…” Beth gritted as Michael could sense the fear in the women, and the fear in his friend that he might lose his soulmate after getting her back in his life because of who they were…

“Beth, I understand why you’re feeling vulnerable… you should. Someone came into your room, your personal space while you were out. But you shouldn’t let them drum you out of town. When you have every right to be here…” Michael sighed as he came into the conversation.”

“I have to do something…” Beth sighed. “I can’t let them come back, and maybe do worse if the next time I am here. Or the girls are here. They have already gone after a teenager, and my girls are even younger and even less ability to protect themselves.”

“Then don’t stay here…” Max said as a sudden idea crystalized in his mind.

“What?” Beth asked as Michael could only stare at his best friend as it didn’t take a genius to know the likely solution, at least temporarily.

“Come stay with me” Max face lit up as the thought blurted itself out as the room came alive with possibilities as both Michael and Jim looked at each other with amusement if not some worry about how complicated this was getting for their whole family.

“WHAT!” Beth asked as the twin’s mouth dropped as she walked into the room to see their father’s offer. “You can’t be serious,” she wondered as she stopped and looked at Max through new eyes.

“I am. Look I have a house with plenty of room. Or least right now with Grace unable to be at home. My place is very secure. And you and the girls can stay there for the next few days, until you can come to a decision about the future without it being based on fear. The motel was always going to be expensive the more time you stayed in town. So, don’t leave until you want to. And in the meantime, you and the girls will have some place warm to stay as you come to terms with the past, and with the future. How about it?”

“I don’t know Max. That is putting you in an awful position,” Beth asked.

“How so?” Max asked.

“This situation is so complicated. And I don’t want you to be forced into a situation neither of us are prepared for…”

“We both know our situation is pretty crazy and unique. And it’s not going to be any easier if you stay here or move to another motel in town. As you can see, being who we are means for some unfortunate risks, and being at my place allows safety. And for the girls to be guarded when they are there, by someone who is like them. If it becomes too much for you, you can always find a new solution. But in the short-term, how about it? Beth…”

“I don’t know,” Beth sighed.

“Mom do it. Please…” Alexandra and Carrie pleaded with unison. “We don’t want to leave this town until we have to. Take Max up on his offer…”

Beth could only sigh… as her mind swirled with the possibilities…

“I can’t believe it,” Maria saw in awe as she sat in the car as Michael drove to the hospital to check on Jake. Michael had told the whole story of the motel to his wife, who was outraged that someone would dare come after Beth again, and be so up front about it and then a sense of peace when she was told of Max’s offer. “And she agreed. Beth actually agreed?”

“Well, it helped that the twins were on Max’s side. And in the short-term, well, the house will be safer for both Beth and the girls. Beth knew it, and while she hesitant because of what it means for the whole situation. At least it helps it along.”

“Boy does it ever,” Maria smiled. “But Michael, why after all this time is Khivar or whoever is doing this coming after us now. It’s not like Max and Liz can have a happily reunion with her memory the way it is… And their reunion might never fully complete itself. Why couldn’t he be content with the damage that was undertaken so many years ago.

“They wanted her dead. They failed. They don’t like Max has any chance of happiness,” Michael asked. “She was a loose end that ended up backfiring on them. But it seems weird that they can’t just leave it all in the past. It’s not like we want to mess with them… we just want to be left alone.”

“I don’t want this to bleed into the newer generation Michael, and the fact they went after Grace tells me that our children are no longer hands off,” Maria fretted as they made the turn on the way to the hospital

“Well if they want a fight. We’ll give them one.”

“Let’s hope it doesn’t go there…” Maria sighed as they turned into the parking lot of the hospital as they sought out a parking space and got lucky. “I don’t want the kids to suffer.”

“Or least have different worries than we did,” Michael said as they both knew that any generation have their own twists to the same worries that have plagued generations of parents and their children.

“What’s going on,” Jake asked as ten minutes later his parents walked into his hospital room and he see that their faces carried burden. “I was just talking to Elizabeth. She said that there is tension among the ranks. Why?”

“It’s nothing for you or anyone else in the family to worry about,” Maria smiled as she tried to concentrate on her son, who sat in hospital bed. “How’s the pain in the leg?”

“Better than it was yesterday,” Jake said as he was thrilled his pain medication was being weaned off, and he didn’t have to feel dependent on it. “Seriously Mom, what is going on?”

“Everything will be fine,” Maria tried. “Just concentrate on what you can concrete on, and that includes your health.”

“I can do that and worry about the messes our family finds themselves in,” Jake muttered. “It’s one thing after another with this family. And before you say it Mom, I include myself in the propensity to get ourselves into trouble we didn’t ask for and I am in here because of it. But this does seem a little overboard… even for our family.”

“So, when you get back on your feet, please remember this last week next time you want to do something rash,” Maria asked.

Jake sighed at the lecture from his mother. “Are you really ones to talk, after what Dad was up to yesterday but I’ll leave it alone for the moment because I am curious, is it true that Uncle Max has asked Grace’s Mom to move into his place?”

“How on earth did you hear?” Maria murmured.

“Uncle Kyle was visiting for a few minutes and he got a call from Aunt Isabel, that Max has asked Beth to move in. Is it true?”

“Don’t get any hopes up, okay. It’s more for the safety of Beth and the twins than anything else at this stage,” Michael sighed as he knew this could be the start of something special happening or it could screw things up.”

“It doesn’t matter to me, but for Grace it would be a dream come true.” Jake thought as Grace came to his mind. “All her life she has wanted her Mom.”

“We know,” Maria smiled but frowned over the recent events over at the motel, and the fear among the gang that if there was anymore danger… it might end up pushing Beth away from Max, and most of all… Roswell, and this time she wouldn’t be coming back. “But it’s only the beginning, and Beth could still leave in this end.”

“Something tells me, she won’t be leaving in the end!”

“Let’s hope not,” Maria whispered.

While Maria and Michael were visiting their son at the hospital. Max was arriving at his home after his spur of the moment invitation to Beth and the girls. He had an hour to figure out how to make this work, before heading back to the motel to pick them up as they needed time to collect their belongings.

Walking into the house. He looked around his home and thought back to the day he and his wife had found it. After several years of living in apartments while going to school, they in the months before Grace came into their lives knew they needed a bigger place. And so, after she started working at the hospitals, and he got a full-time job at his father’s law firm. They managed with a little help from their families to by this place.

They had been full of giddiness as they worked to make it a home before Grace was born. And then the despair he felt after he lost her, and the fact that it was a memory of Liz and how much she loved this place… it kept him going and not wanting to leave it as he worked to move on with his life.

And now Liz was coming back to him, and this house. And he didn’t know how to handle this change in his life.

Too much was happening, and yet he knew it was a dream come true. He just wished it didn’t end up in a nightmare.

“Okay, how am I going to work this?” he thought as went to work to make it presentable for Beth and the girls.

“This has to work. I can’t lose her again.”
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 16 - 07/25/2019

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Yes. Beth and the twins need to move in with Max. Hopefully in the long run it will be on a permanent basis.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 16 - 07/25/2019

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I felt Beth's urgency to return to Madison after the motel raid.
Max and Michael do realize now that their children are no longer "hands off".
They all have different worries now......
Thanks
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Roswelllostcause »

This might be the thing that Beth needs to regain more of her memory.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Thank god Alexander called Jim and told him he needed to get to her mom. Good thing Beth didn't touch or clean anything up. And another good thing that the girls stayed in their room. So Jim saw the message on the mirror and was not happy. Understandable that Beth is worried about her and the girls. Wow so nothing was taken from Beth's room. That has to be a good thing I hope. Poor Grace gets attack then Beth's room gets broken into. Jim calling Michael and Max is a good idea. Beth is right is it safe for her and the girls. Love how Jim told Beth we'll protect you. But again Beth is right is she and the girls safe in Roswell or does she need to go home. Wow Max and Michael showed up at the right moment. Seems Beth has a lot of questions.
Wonder if Max and others are going to talk to Beth about it. It has to be very stressful for Beth to take in. Glad Michael is trying to calm Beth down a little. Beth is right she has to do something but the question is what. Oh my god Max is wanting Beth and the girls to stay with him. Now that is going to be interesting. Maybe if Beth stays with Max she will start to remember more of her life in Roswell. Fingers cross Beth will remember her life as Liz.

L-J-L 76
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 17 - 07/28/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

“Am I doing the right thing?” Beth wondered as she put the last of her clothes in her suitcase and coolly assessed the room she was, as she knew Max would be arriving anytime to pick them up and drive them to his place. One of these days I have got to rent a car, she thought to herself as she went back into her inner turmoil as she didn’t know how she decided to do this, or why.

“Mom are you ready?” came Carrie’s voice and then Beth knew why. The girls. She needed to protect them. She didn’t know if she could stay in Roswell knowing the danger was rising by the day and that it could overtake them, but still, she needed to try to make it work and figure out what the future held. For at least Alexandra and Carrie’s sake if not hers.

“Almost,” Beth said carefully. “How is your packing going?”

“Done,” Alexandra said. “I hope you know we didn’t want to pressure you to take up on Max’s invitation, but maybe it’s good that this happens.”

“I made the final decision girls. And I can’t let what happened today happen again, and I still don’t know how much longer we’re going to stay here in Roswell so don’t get your hopes up, but this is for the best, or for today at least.”

“We won’t,” Alexandra smiled as she walked over to hug her mother, and Beth took the hug gladly as she held her daughter tightly. “I have faith Mom that this will work out for us.”

“I hope so,” Beth sighed as she went into the bathroom to make sure she had everything, while the twins went back to their room to finish their packing.

“He what?” Grace was asking as Elizabeth arrived in her hospital room. She was headed to the library to do some research for school when she elected to check out Grace and found out she was the first to break the news of the big invitation from Max to Beth. “How is it that you are telling me this earth-shattering news, and not my own father?”

“Beats me,” Elizabeth smiled as she handed her friend some books to read while she was in the hospital, but Grace wasn’t interested in looking through the bag to see the selections because this was the first she was hearing that her father invited Beth and the twins to stay at her family home.

“I know you Elizabeth, you always have your ear to the ground. You always know the gossip, even when I do… So, you have to know more than you’re saying and because obviously I am the last to know.”

“All I know is that it happened fast, and I haven’t been able to pick up on all the details. Because Mom and Dad have been gone, and I haven’t been able to do my usual eavesdropping. I just know something happened, and Uncle Max made the offer. And your mother and the twins jumped on the idea, and that is happening as we speak.” Elizabeth smiled. “I am sure he’ll stop by and tell you.”

“He better,” Grace grumbled as she hated not being in the loop and given this was a pretty big detail not to be told, she hoped it would end up working out because this can the capacity to be a disaster, what is going on with my life she asked herself. “I hope it works out.”

“So, do I,” Elizabeth said. “How’s the legs?”

“Better,” Grace smiled. “I will be doing my rehab but so far, the feeling is coming back, slowly, but it’s coming back.”

“I am glad,” Elizabeth smiled as Grace checked out the books, and nodded as she perused the books and magazines. “You didn’t tell my brother about Tommy, did you?”

“Oh…” Grace sighed as she looked up at her friend.

“It’s okay if you did, but it’s one battle I don’t want to be facing with him in the days and months to come. Even if Tommy is gone for good, still, he’s going to go overprotective if he sees me with any guy.”

“Maybe you should allow him the whole story,” Grace asked. “Your brother has been the best with me, and he loves you so he’s not going to hold it against you.”

“Oh, I know,” Elizabeth sighed. “It’s bad enough that Mom and Dad now know. They are going to super protective if any guy shows any interest.”

“They were going to be that way without knowledge of the incident Elizabeth,” Grace said. “Michael Guerin doesn’t strike me as a father who will not want to do a double check on your potential dates or run background checks. Knowing what he knows about guys.”

“I know,” Elizabeth sighed at the one aspect of her father she didn’t relish.

“I didn’t tell your brother, after my little slip. He wanted to know, and I tried to skate around it to some success, but he probably suspects the worst, but I told him to ask you.”

“Thank you,” Elizabeth said. “So, how’s things with you and Jake?”

“Elizabeth…” Grace groaned.

“I am asking as friend, and not as Jake’s sister. I am curious, with both of you having landed here at the hospital, it’s hard to get any insight.”

“Things are wait and see,” Grace said honestly. “My life is way too complicated, and he understands that and we’re friends.”

“I have my doubts about that,” Elizabeth smiled but knew there was some truth in it, so she let it go for the moment. “I guess I better get to the library, because if I don’t show up to school with all my homework done… Mom and Dad will have my head.”

“Let me know if I miss anything,” Grace asked.

“Of course,” Elizabeth smiled as she walked out of the room whistling, while Grace wished for some peace and some low-level drama for once. The last few weeks were one thing after another for the teenager, and she feared with her mother and father and their complications, life wouldn’t get freedom any time soon. “What did I do that my life is this complicated…”

And yet she couldn’t help but wonder what was happening with her father and mother.

“Welcome,” Max was saying as he walked into the house with Beth, and the twins a few minutes later. Parking in the driveway, Beth had looked around and relieved to see a gorgeous home, on a beautiful street. And it looked completely safe. Which was going to be important given recent events.

“How long have you had this place?” Beth asked as she and the girls walked through the doors and saw an intimate modest home.

“Liz and I bought it while she was pregnant with Grace. We had been living in an apartment or two after we got married, but when we knew we were going to be expanding our family. We figured we needed more space, and with the help of our families because we both were still in school… we found this place,” he said.

“And you didn’t leave, after you know…” Beth asked as she saw Grace’s pictures on the fireplace. One of her as a baby, and then as a teenager… looked similar age to the age the twins were now.

“No,” Max shook his head with a genuine smile. “This was my last memory of Liz, you…” he said. “I couldn’t leave it…”

“It’s beautiful,” Beth commented.

“Thanks. I haven’t done too much over the years. But little touches here and there, or Grace helped out.”

“I do appreciate the offer,” Beth said.

“You’re more than welcome. I know it’s a crazy time for you and the twins but know that the door is open for you to stay as long as you want to.”

“Thank you,” Beth said as Alexandra and Carrie observed the connection between their parents as they tried to take the surreal atmosphere of being in the home that belonged to their biological father after thirteen years of being without a father in their lives. It almost defied belief that this dream could be coming true for the two of them.

Even though they knew they were far away from the fairy tale ending that still existed in their dreams.

“I admit that the situation is strange. As you can see, the house is not that big. So, we need to make some compromises for the time being” Max said knowing he made this offer before really looking at the capabilities of his home in housing so many people,” Max was saying as they went upstairs. “Girls; Alexandra and Carrie. Without Grace here, you can have her room for the time being. There are two beds in there, because Elizabeth is always staying over for sleepovers. And even with Grace home, whenever that day does come. She might be sticking downstairs for the duration of her recovery, but we’re get to that bridge when we get to it. Okay?”

“Sure,” the twins smiled as Max open the door to Grace’s bedroom as Alexandra could see that her eldest sister mirrored her room to an eerie detail. Except her posters took a more political tint lately.

“Beth, you can have my room,” Max said as Beth’s eyes shot up and he rushed to continue. “I will be staying downstairs. There is a room in a basement that I have made into a kind of office for when I work at home, which was a godsend when Grace was growing up… but still I have a bed in there that I can use.”

“You don’t have to Max; I can stay downstairs.” Beth offered.

“This is nicer, and I figure when Grace does come home… being downstairs will be closer to her…” Max sighed as he knew he hadn’t even thought how they would manage it when Grace did get released from the hospital. “Also, I figure a bigger room can help if you need to do anything work related while you’re here.”

“Thank you, I appreciate it” Beth smiled as Alexandra could only glance over with an amused look at her sister who could only smirk as Beth went into the main bedroom while the girls went into their temporary room, while Beth looked around the room and could see the obvious signs of a bachelor. She saw pictures of Grace’s graduation from junior high, toddler Grace with her curly brown hair. And then what looked like a family picture of Max, Grace as a baby… and her.

She sat on the bed and looked around the room, and Max was about to leave the room when suddenly a flash came to Beth’s mind.

“Max, I am pregnant” came a soft voice, Beth could only think was her own.

“Oh my god… Gracie is going to be a big sister…”
came a voice that Beth could only think was Max’s…

“What,” Beth squeaked.

Max was about to leave the room, when he turned around at the words from Beth. “What is it, are you okay.”

“I had a memory of us on this same bed…”

“You did,” Max said startled.

“It was innocent,” she smirked. “But I said ‘I was pregnant’” but the flash was from this bed set, in this room. I thought you didn’t know about the pregnancy with the twins…. Grace was already born in my flash.”

“Oh,” Max said quietly.

“What?” Beth asked.

“You were pregnant before…” Max said quietly as he remembered back to that time. “It was a year before you vanished. You became pregnant, but we lost the baby… shortly after we discovered the pregnancy and before it came time to announce it.”

“We did,” Beth said startled by the emotion of the memory.

“Yes,” Max said quietly before he added. “It was going to be a boy.”

“Oh my god Max,” Beth said.

“Yes…” Max said softly as the memories of the pain of the loss coursed through. “Then a year later, we were about to try again when I lost you… I had no idea we had been successful, when I we lost you, and I ultimately lost the girls…”

“You didn’t lose them, or me.” Beth said softly, surprising even herself with her words that had genuine meaning in them.

“Yes, I did, and even though I may have a chance now to make up for the loss… I’ll never get back what I lost…or what you lost in those years without Grace.”

“Max, I am sorry.”

“Don’t Beth… I am just glad you’re here. And that Alexandra and Carrie have a chance to get to know their history, and you have a chance to get to know what you lost.” Max said softly as he walked towards the door, to exit the painful memories of those days and years he had missed out on.

“I truly hope I have that chance…” Beth said, not certain where all this lead.

Max could only nod, as he left the room and left Beth to wonder what had happened that someone thought she and Max deserved all this pain and angst, and whether the would have that chance to conquer it in the end… as he looked back, “I am headed to the hospital.”

Beth nodded as Max walked out.

“Unbelievable,” Carrie and Alexandra were asking as they sat in the bedroom, and they remarked on their crazy streak of drama of the past few days. “Did you imagine we would be here?” Carrie asked.

“It was the last thing I imagined, even if I engineered Mom’s arrival in this place. I figured Mom might come collect me, and we might go straight home. I never imagined any of this…”

“That we would be sitting in our birth father’s house, with Mom.” Carrie asked.

“I know…” Alexandra sighed as they saw Max walking past the room and looking in at two people he never imagined seeing in his home. “Thank you, Mr. Evans, for inviting us.”

“I know this is a very complicated situation, and it can’t be easy for either of you.” Max said stopping and coming into the room as he came to realize how little time he had spent with the twins since the discovery and how this had to be so surreal for the two young teenagers, if he could barely get around it, at his age. “You both can call me Max.”

“Thanks Max,” Carrie said as she felt at ease with this man who couldn’t help but stare at her and her sister. “How is Grace doing?”

Max flinched, as he thought of his eldest daughter but smiled at mention of her name “She’s doing a lot better. I am actually heading over there in a few minutes because I need to fill her in the changes around here…”

“Tell her hello for us,” Alexandra smiled as she knew it was going to be pretty confusing for Grace to learn what had happened while she was laying in a hospital bed. “Maybe we can visit soon.”

“I think she’ll enjoy that,” Max said as he left the room.

“Unbelievable,” Alexandra murmured as they heard the front door slam shut a few minutes later, as they looked at each other and marveled at their bizarre life.
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 17 - 07/28/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

It will take time. But coming to Roswell was the best thing for Beth's memory.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639