On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 65 - Completed: 12/18/2019

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 19 - 08/01/2019

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Please take Serena's advice and do what you need to get the "hot" guy back into your life. I hope Max is not getting too attached to Beth.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 19 - 08/01/2019

Post by L-J-L 76 »

Finally Beth and Max are talking about what will happen if Beth and the girls go back to Madison. Still can't decide about everything but Max and Beth both agree they want the girls to know their family and history. Oh boy Beth has a lot to tell Serena. Hopefully Serena will be able to help Beth. Poor Grace she is worried that someone is going to scare her mom and sisters out of town. Love how Jake was telling Grace about how there was something going on between her parents. Grace is right her parents are different from when she was little. Jake is right Grace needs to try and let Max and Beth work thing out. Beth is right the girls have a right to know their dad. Serena is right Liz needs to know more before she does anything. Beth needs to tell Max what she is worried about. Glad Serena is not being so pushy on what Beth knows. Love how Serena is with Max. Glad Max let Serena know she won't lose Beth. It seems Beth is having feeling for Max. Wow Max still has feeling for Beth/Liz. Love the text Serena sent Beth. Oh my god Max and Beth are at Senor Chow. Hopefully Beth will have some memory of being there. This is going to be interesting. Love how Max talked about their first date. So Max and Beth are going to play pool. Maybe Beth will remember. Love how Maria is trying to get Max and Beth to spend time together.

L-J-L 76
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 20 - 08/04/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

“Thank you for tonight,” Beth was saying as they walked into Max’s home a little while later as she couldn’t believe the flush of memories and the good time, she had at a Chinese restaurant that seemed small, and yet it brought force a rush of feeling. She could tell that the two families were very close, and now she was coming down from all she had been exposed to over the last several hours.

“Goodnight girls,” she said to an obviously tired Alexandra and Carrie who could only smile as they walked upstairs. “It’s been a lot for them…” she murmured as she saw that the girls were all hyped up due to the adventure in their lives and yet they were ready to fall asleep as the night had gone longer than they had anticipated as Maria and Michael had cancelled their plans to go over to the hospital as they continued playing pool and spending time together and when they concluded their night; they all went to their homes.

“And a lot for you too,” Max acknowledged. “Yet tonight, was fun,” he allowed as they walked into the living room. “It was nice.”

“I agree,” Beth said. “Can I ask, why did our first date get interrupted?”

“Because of being who I am. We were young, and we didn’t know everything we do now. We allowed things to come between us, and during that time it was a dicey walk,” Max allowed as he thought of that time. “It was a time of discovery, and we were all new to it. Michael walked into a situation he wasn’t prepared to handle, when he should have talked it over with me, or allowed myself or Isabel to go with him and yet he decided to go alone, so it forced us into a situation we had to deal with, and you got scared and so we stepped back.”

“How?”

“Being who we are. We rarely get sick. Michael and really, we all were interested in knowing where we came from… like all kids. But with us, it’s more involved.”

“Because of youknow…” Beth asked.

“Yes,” Max nodded as he knew Beth needed to know. “I guess the exact term for what we are would be, well, the term, alien-human hybrids. We were brought to Earth from another planet. Our alien DNA was mixed with human genetic material from hosts here…”

“What…” Beth squeaked at the shocking information as she took a step, and then sat down on the couch and looked up at Max, as if she was looking at him differently. “How is that even possible…”

“I know how it sounds, and I am sorry about it. But yes, it sounds just what is was…” Max said softly.

“Grace… and my girls…” Beth asked.

“They are one more generation removed, so they are much more human than I am, or Michael, or my sister Isabel thanks to you, and to their human parents. We’re human, and we have human structures, but our blood cells are alien. So, we’re very human and much more than some people wish we were but still…” Max murmured. “We have alien DNA and we also have human genetic material.”

“That sounds simple…” Beth asked.

“It is…” Max acknowledged. “But it’s very complicated to as you have seen with the gifts that the girls have, and I know Grace and Elizabeth to have. So, it’s not easy to watch as they grow up and stumble into the unknown.”

“You always knew?” Beth asked.

“Once we started to get used to our environment. When I said Isabel and I were adopted, well, we were. We came to this Earth when we were six; or that is when we came out of our pods.”

“Pods, what on earth…” Beth asked as she whispered the words as if this was new to her but then she had a rush that maybe this wasn’t all science fiction and maybe she had known this at one time.

“Out in the desert,” Max said as if he knew this was too much information, but he also knew it was time Beth knew. The more he got familiar with the girls, the more he knew they needed to know where they come from. “Michael, Isabel and I when we were about six hatched. I hate talking about it. But it’s the truth. We were wondering around when Mom and Dad stopped by the road and rescued Isabel and me. And after spending time in the foster system while our parents formally applied to adopt us, we finally started to get used to Earth and its atmosphere. We learned the ways of where we are… And when we were nine years old, that is the time we remember, well, we started school and that is when I remember meeting you…”

“Me…” Beth asked.

“You were the first person I remember glancing at in third grade. And from then we sorta moved on through the grades until you were shot.”

“And you saved me?” Beth asked.

“Yes,” Max nodded. “I am sorry for laying this on you.”

“I needed to know,” Beth said as she got off the couch and paced the living room. “The girls…”

“They are normal Beth… perfectly normal” Max said as he stopped in front of her and stared right into his eyes and she felt like she was going to melt. “But take your time and let it soak in. Ask me if you need to know anything more about it.”

Beth nodded. “I think you’re right; I should go up to bed. Thank you for telling me that as I do appreciate your honesty. Even if I once knew it, still I need to know I knew it” she said softly.

“I understand,” Max said as he watched Beth go to the stairs. “Good night.”

“Good night,” Beth nodded as se climbed the stairs, and Max watched as he started muttering to himself Just great Max, complicate it for her why don’t you. She’ll be on the first flight to Connecticut tomorrow.

He prayed to hell she wasn’t, as he went to the liquor cabinet and had a stiff drink and then fell asleep on the couch, as he didn’t want to deal with going downstairs.

The next morning Max felt eyes staring at him, to such an extent he didn’t know he was in a nightmare of his youth or it was reality, as his eyes opened with a startle as he saw Alexandra looking down at him. “Good morning” she said quietly as she had only walked into the living room a moment ago and saw her father passed out on the couch.

“Sorry,” Alexandra said softly as she hadn’t meant for him to wake up. “I came downstairs, and I saw you sleeping. I was just putting a blanket of you,” she said as she was holding the blanket. “You look cold.”

“No, I am fine but thanks. What time is it?” Max asked as she struggled to wake up as he realized he had fallen asleep on the couch. The curtains were drawn, and he didn’t know what time it was.

“6:30,” Alexandra answered. “I couldn’t sleep so I came downstairs. Carrie is passed out, and so I didn’t want to wake her up and Mom looks to be still asleep. I saw you sleeping, and I thought you might be cold.”

“Thank you,” Max said as he sat up as reality that it was morning set in. “Good morning. Did you want something to eat?”

“No, I am not hungry, so I can wait. If you wanted to sleep longer, I can be quiet because I was only going to read my book” Alexandra asked as she showed him the textbook she was carrying.”

“Studying politics first thing in the morning?”

“Can’t help it, it’s interesting” Alexandra smiled “It’s a book I found in your library of books, it’s alright to read it right?”

“Sure,” Max smiled. “I actually think it was one of your mother’s. She always liked learning, and so she collected those types of books.”

“Really?” Alexandra asked as it felt weird to know her mother once enjoyed those kinds of books and collected them. “If you want something to eat, you can get something,” Max said as he got up and opened the curtains and confirmed it was barely dawn. “I’ll go downstairs and do some work and let you have your space.”

“You don’t have to go if you don’t want to,” Alexandra asked as she was fascinated by her father and because she couldn’t sleep, she couldn’t help but want to spend time with him. “How is Grace?”

“She’s doing well,” Max sighed as he thought of his daughter still in the hospital. “It’s strange not having here at home.”

“I bet,” Alexandra said as they walked into the kitchen as Max opened the kitchen fridge and took a jug of orange juice and pored them both a glass. “Thanks,” she said accepting the glass. “Sorry if I you woke up”

“No, it’s alright” Max smiled as she thought of how much Alexandra seemed like Liz when she was a teenager, more so than Carrie. There was a wild side evident in Caroline but with Alexandra, she truly did seem like her mother’s daughter. It was eerie to watch, right down to their choice of reading material. “I didn’t realize I fell asleep.”

“Do you make a habit of it?” Alexandra asked.

“Not often,” Max admitted. “Yesterday was a big day, and it happens more than I would like but usually I wake up at some point” he murmured although knew the glass of bourbon probably helped him sleep longer than he should have. “How are you settling in?” he asked of his daughter, so unknown to him that he was starting to realize how much he didn’t know.

“It’s an adjustment. I thought I was getting used to Roswell, and now this…” Alexandra muttered. “But thank you for offering your place to us. It’s better than being in a motel.”

“I bet,” Max smiled. “You guys have a lot of freedom so far…” he asked of the headaches he knew the twins were giving Beth as they figured out the dynamics of Roswell.

“But regardless school follows us. Mom won’t let us forget about our schoolwork,” Alexandra smiled.

“Something tells me you wouldn’t forget,” Max asked as he assessed Alexandra to be very studious, and very much like Liz and even Grace in that vein.

“Carrie would like to forget but since our end of the year marks mean something to me, it’s something to keep track of.”

“You guys…” Max asked as it was another reminder that they were apart of a life so different from his and they had been separated by circumstance for too damn long and he prayed he would get a chance before it was too late.

“In private school back home, but Mom wants us in our local public high school come fall time” Alexandra said as she aware she was talking a mile a minute, but she was nervous around her father, and didn’t know how to handle the nerves. “At least it will be no uniforms. Although Mom won’t like the extra laundry or the new clothes we will need.”

“Are you looking forward to it?” Max asked.

“Yes, but it’s a reminder we’re getting older, and high school is a big deal…” Alexandra muttered.

“Do you know what you want to be someday?” Max asked as he opened the cupboards and got out some cold cereal and offered her bowl, and she took it. He opened the fridge and got out some milk, and they settle down at the table as she glanced at her father.

“I think I might want to be a lawyer someday…” Alexandra admitted. “I like the idea of the law, but it might change,” she murmured but she doubted it because it was something that always had attracted to her.

“Wow,” Max said as he though of the idea of his daughter following in his footprints. He knew Grace was destined to follow her mother into medicine, but he was smiling inside to know Alexandra might follow his footprints in more than being someone gifted like he was… It meant something more than the odd genetics he passed on.

“You’re a lawyer, right?” Alexandra asked as she remembered back to a comment, he had made to Grace.

“Yes,” Max smiled.

“What made you decide to be a lawyer?” Alexandra asked as she sipped on her orange juice and took some of her cereal.

“My father is one, and in being who we are, well, we got in some scrapes and some of them were pretty doozies and I am not happy to say we got lucky. Anyways, I had to lean on my Dad, and he showed me sometimes you want to help in the only way that really matters, in the legal system. At the time of the difficulties I didn’t see the merits but as I got older, I felt this compulsion to seek the ability to help others.”

“What kind of scrapes?” Alexandra asked curious of this man.

“You’re too young,” Max laughed. “One day you will know but it’s my advice is to look out and be careful and think before you act.”

“If you had done any of that, would that have saved you some of the hassles?” Alexandra asked.

Max could only smile because he knew it truly wouldn’t have helped in any of his numerous difficulties because sometimes life happens, and you just need to react, as he went out of his way in trying to ignore her question. Alexandra could only guess the answer was not always. Max took his bowl to the counter, and when he turned around, he saw Beth.

“Beth…”

“Good morning,” Beth smiled as it was evident as she had overheard her conversation. “I woke up and Carrie was dragging herself to the bathroom before going back to bed and she said Alexandra was already awake, so I was worried.”

“Mom, I was fine. Max and I were just talking…” Alexandra smiled as she took her breakfast dishes to the counter and put them in the dishwasher.

“I see…” Beth smiled as she looked at Max, she felt a rush of butterflies as her insides went into mush, as she tried to concentrate on her daughter and forget Max.

“I am going upstairs and get change and maybe read or something…” Alexandra smiled as she wanted to give her mother some time with Max. “Thanks, Max, for talking to me…”

“My pleasure,” Max nodded as Alexandra left the kitchen.

“Max,” Beth murmured.

Trying to lighten up the awkwardness. Max approached Beth “She’s very special, isn’t she?” he murmured. “You did awesome with her…”

“Yes, she is, so is her sister” Beth said as she continued to feel out of sorts “I got very lucky. Thank you for talking to her like she matters.”

“She matters Beth, so do you and so does Carrie. Regardless of where it goes for us. You guys matter to me, and I am privileged to get to know you guys and I am glad I am getting that opportunity.”

Beth nodded. “Those scrapes you mentioned. Did any involve me?”

“Yeah,” Max admitted.

“How bad?” Beth asked…

“We got very lucky,” Max admitted. “Unfortunately, our actions caused some major pain and we got lucky in terms as I don’t know how we made it through it, and we almost didn’t, and we don’t want our children to go half that although I am afraid Grace is heading up to that limit or even maybe bypassing it as we speak.”

“What does that mean?” Beth asked, surprised and confused.

“It means the twins need to know who I am…” Max admitted.

“What,” Beth asked confused.

“I think it’s time I get to know them more. Talking to Alexandra just now makes it clear that I don’t know them, and they don’t really know me. They know I am their father, but they don’t me. And especially since I have given them gifts that they don’t even know how to express yet, and maybe it’s time they get to know that other half of them.”

“So?” Beth asked.

“I was wondering if you would mind if they spent the day with me. I would like to show them my view of Roswell and let them in what it means to the children of someone like me. Let them know more about that side they were wondering about…” Max asked.

“You want to spend the day with them, alone…” Beth asked.

“Yes,” Max said. “I can take the responsibility for them today. You can stay around here or do whatever you want but I think it’s time they know more about me.”

“I agree, but it’s a lot to take on Max. They are two very curious kids and they are known to get into trouble without even looking for it.”

“I know, which is why they need to know more about where they come from, and about the Evans side of their family tree so they can better guard what is coming for them as they grow up because as I am seeing with Grace, growing up is full of hazards if one has a secret part of themselves they are trying to keep hidden. I don’t want that for the twins, as I want them armed with all the information they can get for now. We’re lucky that they had a great childhood, and I hope that continues but Grace knows most of the warts, and maybe it’s time the twins do too…”

“You make it sound scary like I should be worried?” Beth asked concerned for the girls.

“You shouldn’t, but I just want the girls to know more about who I am.” Max asked.

“Okay,” Beth nodded as she knew as much as she wanted to keep the kids form the dangers it sounded like life in Roswell was full of, if they are to know their family here in New Mexico than they needed to everything that was fit for them to know at thirteen.”

“Just be careful okay, they are only thirteen and they are coming into this as newcomers. They haven’t grown up with it like Grace has, okay?” Beth asked.

“I promise,” Max swore. “I don’t want to rush them. I only want them to know enough to arm them with history…”

Beth nodded.

“What do you think you want to do, while I am gone?” Max asked.

Beth was thinking whether Max had the right idea. The girls needed to know their Evans roots. Their history, whether she wanted them exposed to it right or not. Still, while she was in the dark about her Parker roots, she felt the urge to explore more of what she didn’t know like her daughters. “I was thinking, would you mind if I spent some time with Grace at the hospital. It would allow me to get to know her, and she can get to know me even though there is more she can tell me than I can tell her.”

“Sure,” Max smiled widely. “I would love that, and I think Grace would appreciate it.”

Beth nodded as they both made plans to go into the unknown, as they were unsure what they would discover during this day.
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 20 - 08/04/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Can't wait to see how things go with the get to know you sessions.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 20 - 08/04/2019

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I'm glad Max is going to spend the day with the twins and Liz is going to visit Grace. They both need to build the missing bonds.
L-J-L 76
Roswell Fanatic

Post by L-J-L 76 »

RoswellFan68 wrote:I'm glad Max is going to spend the day with the twins and Liz is going to visit Grace. They both need to build the missing bonds.
Agree with RoswellFan68

L-J-L 76
Superman86
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Superman86 »

RoswellFan68 wrote:I'm glad Max is going to spend the day with the twins and Liz is going to visit Grace. They both need to build the missing bonds.
Same thoughts regarding Max and the twins and Liz/Beth and Grace, also I love the fact Alex wants to be a lawyer when she's older, some thing just run in the family :D
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Beth has a lot to take in, and Alex had a good talk with her father.
Can't wait for Max to have his day with the twin. That should be quite an experience.
I'm so glad Beth will spend some time with Grace!
Thanks
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

On the Razor's Edge - Chapter 21 - 08/06/2019

Post by Parker1947 »

Alexandra and Carrie were more than keen to take on the day with the father and get to know him and his life in Roswell. Once they were fully awake and dressed for the days. Beth gave the news and they were downright thrilled at the suggestion and they were quickly on the ball as they and Max were soon off on their adventure and Beth was looking around at her surroundings as she was wondering what she was going to do.

She knew she had asked if it was alright to go visit Grace, and she wanted to. But she felt chicken because that was a giant ball of awkwardness. She didn’t know how to approach it. So much was riding on it, and she didn’t know how to deal with it when there was a knock on the door.

Knowing Max was gone, it was only her, so she went to answer it. “Yes,” she said as she opened the door.

“Hello, good morning” Maria said in a chipper tone.

“Max isn’t home, as he has taken the twins and gone out on some adventure together” Grace said. “If you wanted to speak to him, well, I have no idea when he will be around again.”

“No, it’s you I came to see” Maria smiled as she walked into the house. “How is it adjusting to being here in this house.”

“It’s definitely weird,” Beth sighed as she thought of it how it felt to be here in this house, a home that obviously carried so many memories for Max and Grace. “I have these brief flashes like I should remember this place and yet it’s not familiar at the same time. It’s hard to explain.”

“You’ve explained it well…” Maria said. “It’s not Max I came to see. It’s you. Max called the house and told us that he would be gone and wanted to summon Michael into his plan, and I gather Isabel will be next on the list.”

“What is he up to?” Beth asked baffled at what Max could be doing.

“I sense he is giving the twins the full alien experience, or at least a tour into what it means to be one of them… My children have experienced it minus Jake of course, and so it is Max and Michael having the chance to impart their wisdom on two newcomers to the clan.”

“Should I be worried,” Beth asked. “Doesn’t it bother you?” Beth asked as they sat in the living room and talked about the past.

“Nah, it’s tame. They just want the twins to know where they come from. I couldn’t even explain it to be able to help them, so I came here… Because like Jake I am a human in all this. You’re the one who was touched by an alien, so to speak” Maria laughed, and it dimmed when she saw the tension in her face. “Hey, it’s okay. Max knows what to say and what not to say and leave until they are older. If Michael tries to impart too much, Isabel is a good guard into what not to say and she will keep them in line.”

“You’re human, I am not?” Beth asked.

“You are very much a human, you don’t have to worry about that,” Maria assured Beth. “It’s just that you have been given something pretty special. We don’t why you were given that special gift when Kyle or his father are perfectly fine.”

“Wait the Sheriff…” Beth asked.

“A very long story,” Maria said as she thought back to that time in their lives and how they got lucky, but it did lead to a very trying time for Max and Liz, and they almost lost any chance of trying again due to Tess’s betrayal

“Kyle’s fine,” Beth asked. “But I am not.”

“You’re special,” Maria assured her friend. “It’s just you have a gift. I am sure your memory loss is masking it for now, and whether it comes back. I don’t know. But you did have a gift to see the future, or events before the happened. It wasn’t all the time, but it did happen but it’s not something that much in your life or marriage once you and Max got married.”

“I see future events?” Beth asked.

“Yup,” Maria nodded.

“Then why didn’t I see my accident… you know…” Beth asked. “What started this all…”

“I don’t know if Liz saw anything or if she didn’t see it. She would have told us if she had forewarning of anything that would pose troublesome for the gang. Of course, we only thought it was bad accident that claimed you. The weather was downright terrible that night, and you had to drive a distance and it was out in the middle of nowhere.”

“How is it to live with you know the knowledge you know?” Beth asked. “I am starting to see how fortunate I was to be in the dark and for the girls to be in the dark from all this…”

“It’s not easy. But the danger level has lessened over time. High school was at hurricane level but after you and Max got married and concentrated on building your careers, and your marriage, well, it did start to lessen some more. Things are starting to build right now, sure, but it has been rare until now.”

“Do you worry about your kids?” Beth asked.

“Maybe I should more than I do and the last week or so has been a wakeup call in terms of Elizabeth. But then on the other side of it is Jake who also has shown he is not immune to life’s pains as well and given he might be the normal one in my stable of children and yet he hasn’t stopped giving me as many nightmares as the ones with gifts.”

“Should I worry about the twins?” Beth asked.

“No, Beth, truly. I promise you that Max can handle it. We are now in on the truth and we will do everything possible to protect those girls, and you from finding harm again. We couldn’t protect you back then, but we can do it now.”

“I hope so…” Beth said and yet the same fears still filled her brain. “Whoever trashed my motel room, on top of the fact Grace was attacked the other night and she came too close to losing her life so I can’t help but wonder that maybe I should be taking the girls back to Connecticut and away of the danger.”

“I admit we have enemies, and that can be daunting but I promise you that we’re do the best to protect you and your girls. And in the meantime, this house is protection. No one would dare come here and hurt you or trash Max’s place. It’s protected.”

“How?” Beth asked.

“You don’t have to worry,” Maria smiled. “Just know it is…”

“I guess,” Beth muttered. “I trust Max, and I know he’s been dealing with a whole lot longer than I have so maybe I should deal with it on my own.”

“It will be fine,” Maria sighed because she knew that it was logical for Beth to have these fears. Heck if she was a normal person or normal mother, she would have the same ones if she was on the outside looking in on their odd group. “Of course, I have been dealing with this since I was fifteen and by the way, you have too, but it may not seem like it right now, as you’re coming at this by a whole different direction this time around. So, it’s going to take some time.”

“It’s just not what I thought my life was going to be, and to know Grace has been dealing with this all her life. And yet the twins are new to this…”

“Grace was great, as she was very much like her father. She might look more like you, but she is very much like Max and is very reserved and knows that blending in is the best defense while my own daughter is very much like her own father which makes her a loose cannon, so it gives me nightmares.”

“I hope it continues,” Beth asked. “Although I am sorry though about Elizabeth, I know how challenging it can be to raise nosy teenagers”

“It will…” Maria assured her friend as she tried to change the subject and away from the danger level “What were you planning to do this morning. With Max gone and the twins not a factor. You must not have much to do…”

“I don’t know, but I was planning on spending some time getting to know Grace. With Max wanting to know more about the twins, I thought I should do my share to get to know the girl is my oldest child. She was only two when she lost me from her life, and I don’t even know where to begin. I am sort have been a chicken,” Beth said honestly to Maria. “She’s been so used to having me not there…”

“But you have a chance to be here now,” Maria smiled. “Take it one step at a time. You have a chance to be here now… I don’t have a relationship with my Dad, as he left when I was young, and he’s never been around so it was always Mom and me until she met Jim. Still, today I wonder what it would be like to have him in my life. You have that chance with Grace, so don’t give it up.”

“You’re right, I have a chance.”

“She’s still young. You might have missed out on thirteen years of her life, but you have the potential to be in so much more of it than what you missed.”

“Thanks for the pep talk…”

“You are welcome,” Maria smiled although a frown appeared. “Why don’t you try reminding me of that will you when sometime Jake wants to meet his biological father…”

“Oh right.”

“Yeah,” Maria laughed. “I am not looking forward to that day.”

“Does he want to?” Beth asked as she liked the mere fact they were talking, and she got a sense how close she might have been in her other life with Maria. She got it with Serena but still this is someone who apparently knew her back when she was a kid. It was a different feeling she was getting, and she liked that feeling.

“Thankfully no, but he knows his name. He’s 18 now so he could decide tomorrow to go and search. He’s always been happy with Michael and I as his parents, but you always have that fear. Here I am advising you to get close to Grace, and for Max to get to know the twins and I worry that my son will go searching for his father.”

“Something tells me if Jake does one day go looking, well, you won’t be losing him. He seems solid as a Guerin and there is no loosening that from his life,” Beth said as she got up. “So, maybe I’ll take you up on that offer.”

“Perfect,” Maria said. “Let’s drive around and I’ll show you Roswell my way. And then we might meet up with Kyle for lunch if he’s available. And then you can head to the hospital and visit with Grace, and I’ll go and search for Michael and make sure all is well on that front.”

“Okay, let’s do it,” Beth nodded as soon they were departing the Evans home.

“Why aren’t there any pictures of you when you were a baby?” Carrie asked her father as they sat in the living room of Phillip and Diane’s house. Max after leaving home decided to stop off at his parent’s home as he wanted to give the girls a sense of the life he had when he was still at home. Plus, they needed to get used to their newfound grandparents and Phillip and Diane jumped at having their son and granddaughters for a brunch before Max met up with Michael and Isabel.

“Because my sister and I were adopted when I was six years old and she was seven” Max said honestly as he walked into the living room after checking into on his mother in the kitchen. Diane was working on all of Max’s favorites, and Alexandra and Carrie were looking at old family scrapbooks.

“You were?” Alexandra asked as she looked up at her father. “Why, so old?”

“Six is when we first remember coming to Roswell” Max said softly. “It’s a long story and we’ll get into it later when we meet up with Michael and Isabel. But Isabel and I first showed up in town when we were six, and Mom and Dad were able to adopt us.”

“Right,” Carrie asked. “I remember something Grandma was telling us about when she first met me. About my name.”

“Yeah,” Phillip asked as he came into the conversations. “Max and Isabel’s mother and I weren’t able to have children the natural way and so we wanted to adopt, and we had a rough go of it initially but then we were fortunate to meet your father and aunt, and we brought them into our lives, and we are very glad we did.”

“You don’t remember your biological parents?” Alexandra asked as she looked up at Max.

“A tiny fraction,” Max said carefully. “Again, it’s a long story but we were very fortunate to be adopted by our parents because not everyone has that chance. Michael is proof that sometimes it takes awhile to find his home.”

“Michael’s also adopted?” Carrie asked as she looked at her grandfather and father.

“No, he never had the chance, but he was in the foster system until he was able to get a judge to allow him to live on his own when he was sixteen.”

“Wow, sixteen?” Carrie asked. “That’s crazy.”

“It is,” Max nodded who glanced over at Michael who had arrived and overheard the talk and couldn’t help but wince at the memories of those years with Hank. “Michael was fortunate because living on his own did beat the alternative but know that you girls are very lucky to be able to know your biological parents. Granted you are coming into my life later than we would have wished you to, but still, we have a chance. Not everyone has a chance to know…”

The twins nodded as looked at each other.

“Food is on the table,” Diane said as she came into the living room thrilled to get to know her newest grandchildren. She loved watching her son with his family and prayed it would work out for him. Too much time had been wasted during the previous thirteen years for him and for Grace.

They all walked into the dining room.

Grace meanwhile was doing homework in her hospital room. She needed the distraction from thinking of the mess Tommy’s disappearance was having on her and added with being unable to know what was going on at home with her father and mother it made for a complicated day. But she was coping the best she could by doing homework, so she could send it with Elizabeth when she headed back to school the next day.

“Wow, in the hospital and you’re doing homework?” came a voice that was somewhat surprising as Grace stopped her writing and looking up at the sound. “Hello Grace.”

“Camryn what are you doing here?” Grace as she looked at Jake’s ex-girlfriend. “I didn’t expect to see you.”

“I was coming to visit Jake but apparently they were doing some exam or something on his leg and so I came here instead if you don’t mind, or do you?” Camryn asked as she walked into the hospital room. “You certainly look at home.”

“I can’t help not be when I am stuck in here…” Grace said. “Sure, come in. It’s nice to see a friendly face.”

“How are you doing?” Camryn asked. “The rumors around the grapevine was going crazy when Elizabeth didn’t come back to school on Friday and everyone knew you were here…”

“I am starting to get stronger,” Grace acknowledged as she thought of her injuries as she was starting to gain prospective as laying in the hospital lent to a lot of time to think.

“Unfortunately, it’s going to take awhile to get over what happened to me, and the resulting injuries, but I am on the way.”

“What happened?” Camryn asked as it was a shock to see Grace in a hospital room as the rumor mill had made it out to be extremely bad, and that Grace was lucky to have made it to the hospital.

“I was helping a friend and unfortunately became a victim myself…” Grace acknowledged without going into many of the insane details.

“That is crazy,” Camryn asked as she thought of the grapevine “So, is it true that Sue Adams was almost attacked, and you stepped in to stop him and you got stabbed as a result.”

“Yup,” Grace admitted. “I don’t really remember everything about that night. But I do know we got to Sue in time.”

“I am glad it wasn’t more serious…” Camryn asked.

“Me too…” Grace said although she knew it was a heck of a lot more serious than the public at large knew as she hated how she was targeted by the mad man and that it might also lead to her family being targeted so that could finish unfinished business.

“But it was,” came a second voice as they both turned their attention to the door, and she saw smirked when she saw Jake.

“Jake, Camryn said you were in with the doctors” Grace asked as she saw Jake at the doorway in his wheelchair and her mood instantly shifted and got brighter as the friendly face was just what she needed on this day.

“It was a quick check and they gave me my freedom for the moment” Jake said from his wheelchair. “I heard you stopped by Cam,” he asked. “When I didn’t see you around my floor, I figured I would find you here…”

“How’s the leg?” Camryn asked as she saw how Grace sparked at the sight of Jake.

“Almost there…” Jake lied with a smile. “They said I could be out of here in a day or two…”

“When will you be back in school?” Camryn asked. “You’ve been missing a lot lately…”

“Why don’t you crush my buzz” Jake laughed. “This is the perfect excuse to be out of school. Seriously, I won’t know until they give me my freedom.”

“Graduation is approaching…”

“I know,” Jake acknowledged. “Being here is a diversion as I wait to find out where I am headed in the fall. Have you found out anything?”

“I got into Michigan State, my first choice” Camryn revealed. “The journalism school…”

“Wow,” Jake said as he thought back to the talks, they had the previous fall when they were starting the process to apply, and he did know how much she did want to go to Michigan and yet he didn’t have a dream school he wanted to get into. “What about Robert?”

“I don’t know. He’s waiting for more schools to send out their recruitment letters, so I don’t know. I had settled on going to Texas A&M with him, and now I have my shot at my dream school. It’s going to be hard to give up…”

“Don’t give it up,” Jake suggested.

“I like Robert…” Camryn said softly. “A lot…”

“It’s your dream school. I remember you saying while we were together how you wanted to get into that school, and now you have your chance. You shouldn’t give up that shot for someone you have only been with for a few months, and there is a thing called long distance you know. You can test it out if he goes somewhere else.”

“I guess,” Camryn said as he saw the way Jake and Grace was looking at each other and wondered if Jake was thinking about himself when he told her that, as she couldn’t see Jake wanting to be away from Grace if he had a chance to go across the country. “Maybe you should take your own advice.”

Which was what Grace was worried about as she heard Cam and Jake talk as she knew that the days to Graduation was approaching and he didn’t know where he was going to be going come fall. She hated a reminder that they were on different tracks and now that she had a mother back in her life, and youngers sisters. Her life was completely in flux.

“Who knows what the future holds, but unlike you Cam, I don’t have a dream school. So, I am not giving up on anything.”

“So, what about you Grace, would you give up your dream school for a guy?” Camryn asked Grace because she knew it was well known that Grace dreamt of Harvard or Yale one day and she was the one student in their school where Cam was confident that the schools would be falling over themselves to want Grace to be a student.

“Um…” Grace thought as Jake’s heart flipflopped also because he didn’t know how he felt about her going across the country, away from him. Sure, he knew he was a hypocrite due to their weekend rebellion to Connecticut. He had wanted to expose her to the idea of Yale, but he never considered it a reality, and he now wondered what she wanted…
Last edited by Parker1947 on Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: On the Razor's Edge (CC, Mature) - A "Reunion" Story - Chapter 21 - 08/06/2019

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Well hopefully Diane stays away from those Martha Steward recipes during brunch with the twins.
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639