Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) ~complete~ 6/7/11

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) ~complete~ 6/7/11

Post by jake17 »

banner by the truly amazing Hunter...Monica you are a sweet heart! love you!

Title: Frozen in Time
Author: jake17
Rating: Adult
Pairing: M/L
Disclaimer: I own nothing Roswell
Summary: This story takes place during the episode of “Blood Brothers”
What if instead of Max waking up in the hospital after the jeep accident perfectly fine, something goes horribly wrong. What if he wakes up not knowing who he is or worse….what he is.
Realizing that Max is stricken with amnesia what will Isabel and Michael do to ensure their secret is kept hidden, and what will Liz do to protect the boy who saved her life…the boy she loves.
Author's note: I may have taken a few lines from "Blood Brothers", just from memory not sure if they were word for word.

Chapter 1.

Even after hearing the sirens blaring as the ambulance raced down the street Liz refused to believe what was happening.

Looking down at max lying there helpless and unconscious she couldn’t accept the fact that just seconds ago she was having the most perfect moment of her life.

It all became a frenzied blur as they wheeled him in the hospital; Liz tried to hold onto his hand as they yelled information back and forth to the doctors about his condition.

Feeling a tug on her arm a friendly nurse gently pulled her aside leaving her to watch as they took her soul mate away.

“Please, can I stay with him?”

“I’m sorry dear you have to come with me now, don’t worry he’s in good hands.”

But Liz did worry; it was more than a boy they were taking away from her it was her heart.

She could barely breathe not knowing what was going to happen to him.

In a daze she let the nurse guide her into another room as she watched powerlessly as they took him away.

After patching up her arm and checking her for any other injuries they let her sit outside his room while she waited for everyone to arrive.

Tears formed in her eyes thinking that her life had only just begun, of everything that happen that day in the Crashdown, how he saved her and how that brought them together.

She couldn’t believe it could all just …end.

It was that moment she realized just how much she loved him.

Just then she heard the shriek of Isabel’s voice coming down the hall. She was with Michael and already yelling at the nurse.

“He’s my brother, I need to see him immediately.”

“Honey, I told you they’re running some tests on him right now. As soon as the doctor is finished I will let you in but until then you’ll have to wait here.”

Michael was more focused as he approached Liz.

“What happened? Maria said there was an accident.”

Suddenly Liz was between them as they bombarded her with questions.

“Liz they said they were doing tests on him, what kind of tests?”

Before she could answer Isabel Michael was pulling on her arm asking her another question.

“Did they take any blood?”

Holding her head Liz tried to concentrate.

“Guys one at a time, remember Liz was in the jeep too.”

Looking up Liz was more than relieved to see Maria standing in front of her.

“You’re here.”

Michael looking annoyed pushed her aside in an attempt to get back Liz’s attention.

“Liz, please try and remember! Did they take his blood?”

“I-I don’t know…wait yes a few minutes ago I saw a nurse leave his room with some vials … it must’ve been blood.”

Isabel looked up at Michael with concern as if they were already trying to hatch a plan.

Confused Liz raised her voice wondering why no one was asking about his condition.

“He is still unconscious, you do know that right? Why aren’t you worried about him? Do you understand how serious this could be?”

Losing his patience Michael stood up from his chair with such force he knocked it to the ground.

“He’s our family Liz, we’re doing this because we’re worried about him! You don’t understand!”

Isabel whispered in Liz’s ear nervous that they were beginning to attract attention.

“Liz we’re not sure why he’s still unconscious, but he will be fine. We never get sick, even if he is injured he’ll heal fast. Right now we more worried about whatever tests they’ve taken and that blood, we have to do something about that” lsabel quickly looked up at Michael “we can switch it.’

Michael grabbing Liz by the arm.

“We can take yours”

Shaking her head Liz was more worried than ever as she spoke softly.

“No, they can tell female blood from male, we need a boy.”

Isabel stood up and took her phone from her bag.

“Alex, Michael I’ll get him down here you find out where they took his blood.”

Just then the doctor emerged from the room.

“Who is here for Max Evans?”

Isabel stood up still gripping the phone tightly in her hands.

“Are you family?”

“I’m his sister, my dad is away on a business trip, but mom is on her way.”

The doctor sat down and patted the seat next to him urging Isabel to do the same.

“I want you to know that your brother is awake, his vitals are fine and he’s coherent.”

Everyone sighed with relief but Liz knew better the look in his eyes was one of concern.

“There’s more I’m afraid. While it is true he is awake there are some…complications.’

As Michael, Maria, and Isabel crowded around him to hear more, Liz slowly walked past them into his room unnoticed.

She couldn’t wait any longer, she needed to see him, talk to him, she had to see for herself that he was alright.

Leaving the door open a crack she heard words that she never thought were possible, that she prayed were a horrible mistake.

Swollen brain tissue – amnesia - temporary or possibly permanent loss of memory.

Hearing enough she closed the door behind her catching the attention of max that was staring despondently out the window.

“Hi”

A sad expression covered his face as he looked up giving her a small smile.

“Hello.”

Her heart broke as he gazed upon her as if she were a stranger.

“Do you mind if I sit down?”

Max clutched at the sheets fisting them in his hands. It was obvious how afraid and lost he felt.

“Sure”

Trying to hold back her tears Liz pulled a chair close to his bed and sat down nervously.

Clearing his throat he spoke softly as he shyly looked up at her.

“Are you …my sister? They told me I have-

Quickly Liz shook her head no.

Unable to control her emotions her eyes began to water.

“I’m a friend…a good friend.”

Max nodded, as he looked closer to the stranger sitting next to him.

Something was different about her. Maybe it was her eyes or the sound of her voice but something told him she was very important to him.

“My name is Liz, Liz Parker.”

For the first time since he woke into this dark nightmare he felt strangely comforted.

“It’s nice to meet you Liz.”

~~~~~~~

should I continue? :oops:
Last edited by jake17 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 28 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 2 11/24/09

Post by jake17 »

Roswell Fan Forever: Wow what an amazing first reply! :) thank you so much! you really calmed my fears about this story! so hope you like the next part! Thank you so much for your kind words :)
angelina: I'm not sure i'm even going to enclude Tess in this story so don't worry at all about her, I think there's enough drama for them to deal with, but there always is that possibility, thank you so much sweetie, you know i need to see you here! :wink: :)
Jan: My biggest support! thank you so much for all your nominations, you are such an angel to me! So hope you like this next part! love you! :)
darkmoon: Whew! So relieved you like this!! Someone who gets a 4.0 can't be easily entertained :wink: my genius friend! Love you! :D
dreamer19: Ok you made me tear up with your fb, that means so much that you feel that way about me kristin. thank you so so much! :D
PML: Wow I'm so happy you like this concept, thank you so much! :D
Cjsl8ne: So happy your interested in seeing how this all plays out! thank you! :D
garcia88: Kris is so great to see you here! I"m thrilled you like this!! thank you so much! :D
dreamerfiend: so glad you like the start, im hoping I can keep you interested! :D
keepsmiling: Carolyn, love that your here of course! Your support means so much to me! thank you! :D
begonia9508: Eve! Yes you are right! The aliens are very vulnerable right now! thanks so much for being here! :D
maxandlizforever: thanks so much for the bump! hope you like the next part! :D
Earth2Mama: :lol: I am loving your fb! thank you for such a huge complement! so happy you like the twist to the story! thank you so much for your very sweet and funny fb! :D
Hunter: my precious Monica everyone should know you are my muse with your amazing banners! Such an incredible artist how could i not be inspired! thanks so much for your sweet fb and your help whenever I ask for it! love you! :D
Michelle17: Courtney, I know Michael is rough right now but I believe he is being this way because he is very nervous about their situation. He will be up and down pretty much the way he is on the show, but i will definitely show his heart that we all know it there. thank you so much for your very sweet fb! love that your here! :D

Chapter 2.

“Good you’re here, we need to talk.”

Liz apprehensively sat on Isabel’s bed feeling very intimidated.

She was very uneasy not having Max there protecting her physically and emotionally from the world.

This was something she had grown used to and missed more than she wanted to admit.

She truly felt on her own.

“It’s ok Liz I’m here.”

She gave Maria a small smile as she joined her on the bed.

Michael sat down roughly at Isabel’s desk and nervously began to shake his knee.

“I still don’t get why she needs to be here.”

Glaring impatiently at him Isabel began to pace the room.

She needs to be here because she knows about us Michael and since we’re all in this together we need to be on the same page…get it?”

Knowing he was wrong he just turned and looked out the window.

“Whatever.”

Maria was furious.

“You seem to forget that it was me that convinced Alex to give his blood Michael, without my help Max would be in the hands of the government right now and maybe you would be too so I would be a little nicer if I were you.”

Liz had been so caught up with Max she forgot about Alex and what he did for them.

“Maria what did you tell him? How did you get him to do it?”

Rolling her eyes and sighing she looked around at all of them.

“I told him it was drugs. That Max had drugs in his system and that not only he would be affected by this Liz would be too…you know with her parents knowing she was with someone …like that.”

Michael furrowed his eyebrows in disbelief.

“Did he believe you?”

Looking down at the ground she shrugged her shoulders.

“Actually no, Alex isn’t stupid. Max is a straight A student who has never been in trouble in his life. Let’s face it Max has the maturity level of a forty year old…no he wasn’t buying it.”

Michael stood up and pushed Isabel’s books off her desk in anger.

“Great! Nice going Maria!”

Standing right up to him face to face Maria stuck her finger hard into his chest emphasizing each word.

“Look there wasn’t much time and I got him to do it. I didn’t see you coming up with any bright ideas buddy!”

Standing between them Isabel raised her hands to try and calm everyone down.

“Maria, if he didn’t believe you then why did he do it?”

“Well…I kind of told him that we would tell him the truth when everything calmed down. I promised him it wasn’t anything illegal, and that in the end he would end up saving Max’s life…I didn’t know what else to do.”

Sitting back down on the bed Liz put her arm around her and gave her a comforting smile.

“You did what you had to do. Max is ok because of you Maria that’s all that matters.”

Isabel ran her fingers through her hair and sighed.

“What are we going to tell him?”

In a small voice Liz spoke up.

“The truth, I don’t see that we have much choice and I think we owe him that much.”

“No way. Not going to happen.”

Michael folded his arms in front of chest defiantly.

“Alex can be trusted I’ve known him my whole life. Besides wouldn’t it be worse if we don’t tell him and he goes around asking questions or worse?”

“No, it’s too dangerous. Too many people know already.”

Michael made this statement looking directly at Maria.

Shaking her head in frustration Maria stood up and walked out of the room.

“Fine the next time you need someone to save your ass don’t come to me Michael. Liz I’ll be waiting in the car when you’re done here.”

Clearly upset Liz looked up at the both of them.

“I don’t get it, Max is sick…really sick. He's alone and scared and has no memory of anything or anyone and all you two are concern about it another human knowing your secret? Doesn’t either one of you care about what’s happening to him?”

Isabel glanced knowingly up at Michael as if she were about to recite a rehearsed speech.

Michael nodded and turned towards the window as if giving her permission.

“Of course we care Liz, but there is something bigger at stake here and you really need to understand.”

“What could be bigger than what’s happening to him? Please tell me because you’re right I don’t understand.”

“Liz we know that you’ve been talking to him in the hospital and tomorrow he’s coming home... we’re just concerned …

Isabel’s voice trailed off as she tried to find the right words.

“Liz, you can’t tell him.”

She looked up at Michael confused.

“Tell him what?”

Punctuating each word he walked closer to her.

“What he is.”

Nodding her head she looked off into the distance.

“So that’s really what you’re worried about.”

Kneeling on the floor in front of Liz Isabel did her best to try and explain.

“Liz, we have no idea how he would react.”

“I’m not stupid Isabel I’ve been thinking about this a lot actually, but I don’t think you two have thought of what could happen if you don’t.”

“What if his powers appear without his control or what if he has a memory? This could be terrifying for him.”

“He would never believe us Liz.”

“You could prove it to him. You could calmly sit him down and explain everything. Don’t you think it would be better for him if we were there to support him? You could answer any questions he would have, it would be controlled, can you imagine how scared he’ll be if something happens that he can’t explain? He would think he’s losing his mind, and he ‘d be afraid to tell anyone. I just think he feels alone enough as it is, it’s not fair to him.”

Michael was fuming as he glared down at Liz.

“He could also freak out and run and tell anyone who would listen. For instance his parents or this therapist they have him seeing…did you ever think of that Liz? No of course not because it’s not your life that’s at risk here, it’s not your ass that the government would capture and experiment on for the rest of your life.”

“Please will the two of you stop? This isn’t helping we need to agree on this.”

Liz took a deep breath and tried to calm down as she began to speak again.

“Listen I am not talking about telling him tomorrow or next week or even a month from now, I’m just saying we need to be prepared if something happens, which I’m sorry at some point something is going to happen. We can’t leave him in the dark. It’s just not right.”

Seeing that Michael was about to go on another rant Isabel put her hand on his chest and gave him a "shut your mouth" look.

“Ok, we’ll consider everything you said, but for now will you agree to not say a word to him. We need to be able to trust you Liz. At least for the next couple of weeks can we at least agree to not tell him.”

“Yes of course, I think he’s going to have enough to deal with as long as you see that down the road this is going to have to be addressed.”

Pressing her hand harder against Michael’s chest Isabel agreed.

“Just promise us Liz that if anything does happen you won’t tell him without coming to us first.”

Liz rose from the bed and nodded.

“I’m going to head home now, I’m really tired.”

Grabbing his coat Michael followed her as she walked to Maria’s car.

After waiting for Liz to get in he leaned down clearly uncomfortable.

Maria kept her eyes forward while white knuckling the steering wheel clearly upset.

“Look I didn’t mean to come off like…

”A total asshole?”

“You’re not going to make this easy are you?”

“Give me a reason why I should?”

Michael kicked her tire and sighed heavily.

“Thank you for what you did with Alex.”

Maria took a deep breath preparing herself to give him a big speech but when she looked up he was already gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max sat on his bed looking around at what he was told was his room when he heard a soft knock on his door.

“Come in.”

Relief washed over his face when he saw Liz.

“You came.”

“I told you I would.”

Just then Diane stuck her head in the door forcing a smile on her obviously distraught face.

“Max, can I get you anything? Do you need help …finding anything or-

“No, I’m fine…I think I can figure everything out.”

Nervously she looked at Liz and down at the ground, her sleepless eyes gave away just how worried she was.

“Ok well if you need anything I’ll be in the kitchen.”

Max nodded uncomfortably and she did the same before closing the door.

“I think I’m becoming an expert on handling awkward situations.”

Liz smiled taking a seat next to him on the bed.

Looking back up at everything that sat on his shelves and hung on the walls he spoke softly.

“I feel bad for her. It must be horrible for your own son to have no memory of you. She seems like she’s a good mom.”

Following his eyes Liz calmly looked around his room.

“She is …well from what you and Isabel have told me about her, both her and your dad are great parents.”

Max rubbed his eyes feeling emotionally exhausted.

“I guess I’ll be meeting him tomorrow. Supposedly he’s been trying to get home from a conference in New York, but his flight keep getting delayed because of the weather.”

Max began to stare at a ribbon that was pinned to his corkboard.

“See this is the kind of stuff I just don’t get.”

Liz looked up at the ribbon and down at the floor knowing exactly why it was there.

“Why the hell would I have a second place spelling bee ribbon hanging up from the forth grade? Am I some kind of a dork Liz? Is there something you're not telling me?"

She laughed as she stood and walked towards the board. Softly she felt the silky material as that night came flooding back to her.

“Your not a dork Max. You see we were in this spelling bee together. At the end it was down to the two of us. I was so nervous. I remember my parents sitting out in the audience watching me. They called you up first and just before you walked down to the microphone you turned and looked at me. It was like you felt bad for me …like you wanted me to win.”

Max smiled as he stood behind her looking up at the second prize ribbon.

“So what was the word that I missed?”

Liz hesitated feeling a sharp pain in her heart wondering if that same young boy would ever grow to love her again.

“Devotion.”

Max seemed confused as he scratched behind his ear.

“That seems like a pretty easy word, even for the forth grade. I can’t believe I didn’t know how to spell it.”

Turning away from him so he couldn’t see the hurt in her eyes she quietly whispered.

“You did.”

Looking back at her he strained his neck to try and see her face through her long hair.

“So you’re saying I threw a spelling bee in the forth grade for you and kept the ribbon hanging on my wall ever since? Why would I do that?”

Trying hard she steadied her shaky voice.

“I told you… we’re good friends.”

Hesitantly Max approached her and gently put his hand on her shoulder.

“Hey, you ok?”

Clearing her throat she turned to face him doing her best to hide her feelings.

“Sure.”

“Liz, I have to ask you something.”

Melting into his warm amber eyes she looked up at him through her long dark eyelashes wishing she could pour her heart out to him.

“You can ask me anything Max.”

Taking his time he looked around his room again and back down to the girl that he secretly thought was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

“I need your help Liz. I need you to fill in the blanks...to help me remember people that are important to me and things that happen that were meaningful for me. I can't do this alone."

His voice dropped to a deep soft whisper as he stared down into her gaze that seem to stir something deep inside him.

“Will you be my memory Liz?”

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 3 11/25/09

Post by jake17 »

darkmoon: love you sweetie, thank you for reading dreamer romance for me :wink:
Jan: You deserve every single nomination Jan, your amazing! thanks so much for all your support! :D
Kismet: Omg your fb always makes my day!! thank you so so much, i hope you realize how much i appreciate all your kind words! :D
angelina: My saviour :wink: thank you for waking me up and being my inspiration! hugs and kisses!
keepsmiling: Caroyln you are so right Max does trust her, thank you so much for your very sweet fb!
IheartMax: :D :D My seashell !! You are back! omg you just made my day!! love you!! so happy you like this!
PML: Omg I you hit the nail on the head, it is going to get very complicated! thanks so much for being here! :D
begonia9508: Eve, you are so right, this is a huge responsiblity for Liz. thanks so much for your fb!!
Earth2Mama: :lol: "Max Evans heaven" omg I just love your fb!! thanks so much!! :D
garcia88: Kris, oh if you felt bad for him before, hold on it only gets worse! thanks so much for your very sweet fb! :D
NotYourChick: wow, I was so worried about that last line, thank you a million times over, you really made my day! :D

Chapter 3

“Max are you sure you’re ready for this.”

“Taking a deep breath he looked down the seemingly endless hallway and back at Liz.”

“It has to be better then sitting in that house while everyone tiptoes around me walking on egg shells.”

Resting her hand on his back she gazed up at him sympathetically.

“Has it gotten any easier?”

Shaking his head he slung his backpack over his shoulder and began walking.

“Well let’s see, my mother is still treating me like a child. I think the only way she can deal with this is going into hyper nurture mode; she’s either trying to feed me or questioning me endlessly about how I’m feeling. My dad on the other hand keeps slapping me on the back telling me how happy he is that I’m ok, that is before he hides away in his office.”

Curious Liz cleared her throat and asked about Isabel.

“How are things with your sister?”

Max just shrugged his shoulders

“She barely talks to me, its like she does everything she can to avoid me.”

I think my new identity is Max Evans, Roswell’s resident freak.

Stopping at his locker Liz forced him to look at her.

“Max that’s not true… everyone’s just worried they’re going to say the wrong thing…so they don’t say anything at all.”

Closing the distance between them max lowered his voice noticing how the light reflected in her eyes making them almost sparkle.

There was that feeling again.

“You’ve never treated me that way, not since that very first day.”

Liz was lost in his eyes, the way he was staring at her it was as if nothing had changed between them.

Slowly she spoke almost mesmerized by him.

“Well…we’re -

“Good friends…so you keep telling me.”

Sharing a moment they smiled at each other both caught up in something that he felt he had experienced before…why did it feel so …natural …so right to be around her?

Just then he felt a strong hit to his shoulder that knocked his books out of his hands and onto the floor.

Shocked he looked up to see a kid looking back at him as he continued down the hall.

“What the hell was that about?”

Liz closed her eyes completely forgetting about Kyle.

Her mind raced for a moment thinking a way she was going to explain his behavior. She sill recalled Kyle’s speech in the janitors closet after the incident at the hotel where Michael threw him clear across the room.

“I’m going to wait till I have something that’s going to destroy him.”

Max shoved his books back in his locker and looked at Liz confused.

“Do I have a history with that guy?”

Chewing on her bottom lip Liz began to play with a string that was loose from her sweater.

Softly she began whisper knowing she was walking a fine line.

“No, but I do. You see we dated over the summer; it was nothing really just a casual thing. I guess Kyle thought of it as something more. I broke it off recently and I guess he’s not taking it very well.”

“Ok, but what does that have to do with me?”

A deep red flushed across her cheeks realizing that her cover story backfired on her. Should she tell him about feelings that they only ‘talked’ about having? And would that just lead to more questions?

“Well…

Dropping his gaze to the ground Max shyly lowered his voice.

“Liz, were we becoming …more than friends? Is that why we were out that day the accident happened? Is that why this Kyle guy is so angry with me?”

The long silence made him wish he could take the questions back, but how could he?

Just then the bell ran and kids flooded the halls.

Liz smiled awkwardly and nodded to the door across from them.

“Come on we’re going to be late for Ms. Hardy’s class, we can talk about this later.”

His mind raced as he sat staring blankly towards the front of the room.

Was he gaining some of his memory back? Were the feelings he was having towards her pieces of his reality that were starting to come together?

He knew there was a reason why he trusted her. Why out of everyone in his life that she was the one person who would be straight with him.

He held onto this like a life raft.

He needed her, and it scared him.

She was like an anchor keeping him grounded, giving him something that he so desperately needed…hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that afternoon during lunch Liz went to get a soda leaving him to sit with Isabel who was pretending to be engrossed in a fashion magazine.

Walking by Alex spotted her and signaled her over.

Leading her into an empty room Alex closed the door behind them.

“Look I’m not going to approach Max, I see that he has enough to deal with, but you all are avoiding me like the plague and I was told that when things calmed down I would get the truth, so let’s hear it Isabel. What’s going on? Why did Max need my blood that day.”

~~~~~~~~

As Liz stood in line at the vending machine Maria came up behind her.

“I think we have a problem.”

“Which problem are we talking about? I’m beginning to lose count.”

“I just saw Alex take Isabel into Mr. Landry’s room. I think he’s wants answers and I’m guessing he’s getting tired of us avoiding him.”

Looking over Maria’s shoulder Liz’s eyes widened.

“I think we may have a bigger problem on our hands right now.”

"I'll go find Michael."

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You may have everyone in this town fooled Evans, but don’t think I don’t know what your up to. Don’t think that I’m buying this amnesia crap for one second. This has to do with covering up your big secret, I have to hand it to you, becoming the town victim, having everyone feeling sorry for you was a smart move. But I’m not falling for it and I’ll tell you right now neither is my dad. We’re going to find out what you’re all up to and when we do this town’s going to see you for what you really are.”

Max leaned forward towards Kyle floored by what he was saying. He suddenly began second guessing everything that he was told. What if what this guy was saying was true? What if he was some horrible person?

Just then it hit him.

Clearly this was not about a jealous ex boyfriend.

Liz lied to him.

His mind raced with questions, he needed answers and he needed them now.

“Your name is Kyle right? Listen, I have no idea what your talking about…what secret? And who else is involved in this?”

“Wow you are good. You’ve even got those lost puppy dog eyes going for you, but it doesn’t work with me. I see right through you.”

“Listen, I seriously don’t –

Kyle put his hand up cutting him off as he began to chuckle.

“I suppose being adopted didn’t bring on enough sympathy to cover up whatever the hell is going on, guess you had to step it up a notch.”

Max froze as he felt his world shatter down around him. “Adopted?”

Just then Michael appeared behind Kyle.

“I would leave now if I were you.”

Michael followed Kyle as he reluctantly stood up and walked out of the café.

Sitting next to him Liz touched his hand as he stared off into the distance.

“Max? Are you ok?”

Slowly he turned his head to face her, painfully distraught his voice shook as tears filled his eyes.

“I trusted you.”

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 4 12/3/09

Post by jake17 »

darkmoon
maxandlizforever
ginger
Timelord31
kismet
Eve
angelina
Jan
Earth2Mama
keepsmiling
PML: Peter stop reading my mind :wink: :)
cjsl8ne

thank you so much for all your sweet fb!! :D

Chapter 4.

Max paced his room as confusion flooded his mind.

His hope was gone.

Not giving Liz a chance to even explain he walked out of the school and went to where they told him was his home, but it didn’t feel like home to him.

No place did really... no place except with her.

Walking past his mother he had no patience to fake the affection he had been trying his hardest to pretend to have for her since the accident.

In fact he was in no mood to pretend anymore at all. For three weeks he had been trying to be this Max Evans everyone told him he was.

A responsible hard working honor student, but he didn’t feel that way at all.

He just felt lost and now very alone.

Hearing a knock at the door he raised he head dreading what was coming.

“Max? Are you ok? Isabel told me what happened at school, please honey open the door we need to talk about this.”

Rubbing his eyes in frustration he calmly spoke through the door.

“Please …mom, I can’t right now. I just need to be alone for a while.”

Diane placed her hand on the door desperately wishing she could reach him somehow.

“Max I just want you to know that it was the therapist, it was his idea to keep this from you. We wanted to tell you, but he thought it would be too much for you to handle, he thought we should wait-

“Its fine …I just need to be alone right now…please”

Regretting her decision to keep the adoption a secret Diane was afraid of pushing the issue anymore and quietly backed off.

Max started to pace his room again as restless chaos engulfed his brain.

His heart was pounding out of his chest, he was angry - hurt but he didn’t know who to blame. He was mad at the world; mad at the damn choice he made to go joyriding that day even mad at the horse that ran out in front of him.

Feeling a horrible pit in his stomach he realized that he took this anger out on the last person in the world that deserved it. The one person that had been by his side since the beginning.

He slowly understood that the person he was really mad at was himself.

Needing to release his rage he punched the wall in front of him, holding his hand he slid to the floor in pain.

Alone and exhausted he held his head in his hands.

He looked over at his cell on his desk and thought about calling her.

Again he heard knocking on the door, this time he couldn’t hold his temper.

“I said I wanted to be left alone!”

Standing in the hall Isabel and Michael hovered around Liz.

“Remember not a word Liz, just calm him down.”

Liz nodded at Isabel watching as she held her hand over Max’s door unlocking it.

Slowly he heard a click and watched confused as Isabel appeared, smiling awkwardly she moved aside leaving Liz in his view.

Quickly he hid his hand behind his back.

Trying not to show how relieved he was to see her his voice softened as he felt a sense of comfort wash over him. He couldn’t explain the connection he had with her but it was there, she was the only link he felt to anyone and that made her precious to him, but he was afraid to let it show.

“I locked that door.”

Treading carefully not knowing what to expect Liz tucked her hair behind her ear and ducked her head inside.

“Can I come in?”

“Sure.”

Feeling the tension between them he walked over to his window and opened it hoping the night air would help clear his head.

He couldn’t shake the feeling of wanting to be close to her, to touch her…even kiss her.

There had to be something she wasn’t telling him. This was more than a feeling he was sure this was his first real memory and he held onto for dear life.

“Are you ok?”

Max gazed up at the stars and shook his head. “Not really, no.”

Sitting on the bed Liz tried hard to find words that would give him comfort without revealing the truth.

“Max it's true... there are things about your life that I haven’t told you, but there are reasons why I've kept them from you …good reasons.”

Turning away from the window he joined her on the bed hoping she would reveal something that would help him understand.

“What do you mean good reasons?”

Liz sighed and looked straight into his eyes hoping he could see the sincerity in her heart.

“Max your life is…complicated. If I were to explain it all at once it would be overwhelming to say the least. It's not important that you know everything at once, what's important it that you concentrate on getting better. I can't imagine how you must feel, how lonely you must be...not remembering the people that love you. Max, please believe me I"m only trying to protect you. I really ...care about you. it's very important to me that you feel that you can trust me.”

“I do Liz, I don't know why but I do trust you. I-I just need to know...am I ...was I bad Liz? Did I do something... wrong?"

"No, Max nothing about you is ...wrong or bad in any way."

"But Kyle-

Shaking her head she took his hand and held it hoping to calm him.

Running her fingers over his bloody knuckles she looked up at him full of concern.

"What did you do? Your hand...Max your hurt."

He watched as she ran her fingers tenderly over his broken skin. That feeling rushed through him again like a wave crashing over his body. It seemed with every look, every touch she confirmed his suspicions.

"I was angry I punched the wall. Its nothing ...please go on."

She began to whisper hoping they couldn't hear her. She knew they wouldn't like what she was about to tell him but she didn't care. She hated that he was in so much pain. That he actually doubted himself. She had to tell him something that would console him, just a little piece of the truth.

“Max what I told you about Kyle was true. We dated and now he is very jealous …jealous of …you actually and that’s why he is acting this way. He doesn’t even know what he’s talking about he’s just trying to-

Squeezing her hand gently he interrupted her thrown by what she was saying.

“Liz, why was Kyle jealous of me? Was I right? Is there something…more between us?”

Liz froze lost as to what to say. It was always him that kept them from moving forward. How could she possibly explain and was it even fair to tell him. Her heart raced worried that she said too much.

Seeing her hesitation he reached out and cupped her cheek forcing her to look at him.

Their eyes met with such intensity, such emotion he didn’t need to hear the words… he knew.

Suddenly a flash of white light flickered in his mind.

Pictures like in a movie played out before him.

Liz laying on the floor his hands covering her stomach…blood.

Max gasped as he held her hand tighter.

"Oh my god."

A feeling of terror flooded every part of him followed by relief then nothing but…love.

Releasing her hand he sat back sweaty and shaking.

Breathlessly he slowly looked up at her knowing without a doubt that this was not something he was imagining...this was a real memory.

“Liz, I remember."
Last edited by jake17 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 5 12/9/09

Post by jake17 »

Earth2Mama: :lol: :twisted: yes I guess i was evil to leave it there Ellie :wink: but once again you made me laugh so it was totally worth it! :) thank you so much for your fb!!
maxandlizforever: well I really hope you like what is next! thanks so much for reading this! :)
NotYourChick: Amanda I'm so happy you like what I'm doing between Max and Liz! thank you so much for letting me know! :)
PML: Peter I am so honored that you are continuing to read this! I really respect your writing, I think you have amazing talent. I really hope you like this next part. I loved all your questions! thank you so much! :)
Begonia: Eve I'm thrilled that you love this! thank you so much for letting me know! :D
cjsl8ne: thank you so much for being here! I really hope you like this update! :D
Jan: See you know how evil I can be :wink: :lol: love the cliffhangers! :lol: you are the best sweetie! thank you for all your support! I just love you to death! :)
Carolyn:I'm so happy your finding this interesting! Thank you for always being there for me! :D
Timelord31: so glad you like this! thanks for letting me know! :D
angelina: I loved that you wanted Michael to hit Kyle :lol: I'll think about throwing that in :wink: thank you so so much for your constant support sweetie!! :)
darkmoon: my genius friend so so happy you like this so much! Now go watch Alice! the mad hatter is freakin hot! :wink: :lol: thanks for everything sweetie!! :D
zaneri1: I promise to get back to Alex, maybe in the next update. thanks so much for you sweet fb!
dreamer19: Kristin, ok I just welled up with tears after reading your fb. I am blown away that you feel that way. I think you know how much I think of you and your amazing talent. What you wrote means the world to me. Thank you so so much. :)
cocogurl: I love vulnerable Max :wink: I may keep him this way for a while..thank you so much for your very sweet fb!! I so appreciate it! :D

Chapter 5.

“Liz, I remember.”

She moved closer to him as sympathy poured from her heart. Seeing the confusion and terror in his sensitive eyes she no longer cared what the others thought anymore.

Placing her hands on the sides of his shivering face she brushed his damp hair from his forehead and concentrated intensely on making a connection with him.

She didn’t know if this was something she could initiate herself but she had to try.

His voice began to get louder and more frantic as the emotions he felt that day became more powerful.

“Liz, I-I almost lost you.”

Tilting her head to the side she fought back the urge to tell him everything… to take him in her arms and comfort him…to tell him just how much he meant to her.

Hearing a loud noise from Isabel’s room she looked back knowing she had to quiet him down.

“Shh…its ok Max just relax. I’m fine, I’m right here with you and I’m fine.

Max raised his hands to his face holding her palms closer to him and gently stroked her skin.

A strong overwhelming sense of love flushed through every part of his being as the connection between them grew stronger.

But it was more than love; he felt and intense need to protect her and a deep longing to be with her that seemed to have been a part of who he was all along.

It was the only thing that he knew without any uncertainty.

He was hopelessly and irrevocably in love with Liz Parker.

As he gazed deeper into her brightly lit beautiful brown eyes a blinding white streak of light sparked across his face.

Suddenly flashes of his hand resting on her wound flickered before his eyes once more.

He heard his own words playing back to him like a tape recorder in his head.

You have to look at me

You broke the bottle when you fell

Then without warning another scene played out before him.

He was standing in a doorway with only a breath between them.

Liz, my life is in your hands now

Blinking several times he came out of it as he tried hard to steady the rapid beating of his heart.

"What the hell was that?"

It was too much for him to handle…. nothing made sense. He felt as if he was lost in a maze with every turn he made leading him only to another dead end.

It was like he was forcing pieces of a puzzle to fit, but they wouldn’t no matter how hard he tried.

She could feel every emotion, every painful sensation that was rushing through him.

“Max please just take a deep breath and tell me exactly what you remember. I’m right here with you. I promise to help you through this.”

Releasing a shaky breath Max tentatively let her hands go awkwardly pulling her close holding her against his pounding heart.

Her eyes drifted shut as he timidly wrapped his arms around her.

She held her breath as his lips brushed against the shell of her ear whispering softly.

“You…I remember…you Liz.”

Letting her go his eyes fell to her stomach and back up to her wide glassy eyes.

“You…you were…hurt. Liz oh my god …you were…dying.”

Liz took a sharp breath in as she felt his palm connect with the place where he healed her on that faithful day.

Feeling as if he had just crossed a boundary with her he quickly removed his hand and stepped away from the bed.

“I’m sorry! I-I didn’t mean to …I’m so sorry Liz.”

Backing up against the wall he held his head in his hands as he desperately tried to make sense of the impossible mental picture that was burned into his mind.

Standing Liz cautiously approached him still feeling the intense heat from his hand on her stomach.

Gently removing his hands from his head she brought them down by his sides and laced her fingers through them.

“Please don’t be afraid. I know this doesn’t make any sense to you right now, but there is an explanation for all of this Max. I promise you.”

Shaking his head he raised his voice as he began to panic.

“Yeah, I’m going crazy.” His sad golden eyes pleaded with her for help. “Liz what’s happening to me?”

Just then his bedroom door swung open revealing a very unhappy Isabel and Michael.

“Liz your dad just called he needs you at the diner, they’re short a waitress.”

In an irritated tone Michael grabbed Liz by the arm and pulled her out of the room.

“But-

“Now Liz, he wants you home now!”

Looking back at Max she mouthed the words call me before Michael rushed her out the front door.

Max looked as if the only string that connected him to his reality had just been severed.

“Liz wait!”

Pressing her hand firmly on Max’s chest Isabel smiled calmly.

“Max she had to go, her father is very strict, besides mom made your favorite dinner tonight… Lasagna. She’s trying really hard Max and after the day she had I think it would be really nice if you sat down with your family and made her happy.”

His eyes were still focused on the empty doorway and the loss of …her.

Following his line of vision Isabel quietly whispered trying her best to pacify him.

“Did something happen with Liz?”

Hesitating for a moment Max felt a gut instinct not to share with her.

“No, I just need to talk to her tonight.”

Nodding as if she understood she slipped her arm around his shoulder and walked him into the dinning room where Diane and Philip were anxiously waiting while she discretely placed his cell phone in her pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What the hell do you think you were doing in there Liz?!”

Liz brushed by Michael ignoring him as she climbed in the front seat of the Jetta.

Maria watched as Liz stared out the window despondently.

“Liz you look awful, are you ok? What happened in there?”

Indicating that she didn’t want Michael to know she shook her head discreetly and sunk down into the seat.

Michael jumped in the back and leaned forward between the two front seats.

“I’ll tell you what happened! She almost told him everything! She’s going to expose us all!”

Furious Maria turned around and pointed her finger in his irate face.

“I’m pretty sure Liz is the only one keeping Max from going off the deep end here so if you don’t feel like walking back home you’ll shut it!”

Fuming Michael placed his hand on the side window shattering it instantly. “Shit!”

“Nice! Freaking great! How the hell am I going to explain this to my mom! What the hell is wrong with you anyway!” clutching the steer wheel Maria stared straight ahead and began to drive livid as hell.

“Is there any way you can get a grip on this alien hocus-pocus of yours?! I’m not sure how much more my mom’s car can take of your extraterrestrial temper tantrums!”

Rubbing the high spikes of his hair he anxiously gripped the door.

“Let me out…I’d rather walk!”

Slamming her foot on the brake Maria held her hand out and sarcastically smiled.

“Be my guest, maybe by destroying more poor defenseless cars on the way home it will help you calm down.”

Exiting the car he slammed the door.” Fine!”

“Fine!”

Gripping her cell phone tight in her hands Liz prayed that he would call as she watched the street lights blur by.

“Liz, are you ok?”

Whispering softly she closed her eyes as she agonized over being pulled so abruptly away from him when he needed her the most.

"I'm so worried for him Maria."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
11:25 pm

Tossing and turning in bed Max stared at his alarm clock torn apart that he couldn’t find his phone and the landline to the house wasn’t working.

Knowing he was about to do something he shouldn't he got dressed and walked to his window.

He just couldn't wait till tomorrow, he had to see her.

Trying the latch several times it seemed to be stuck.

“What the hell!”

Losing a grip on what was happening he angrily went for his door.

Turning the knob several times it seemed to be locked from the outside.

“What the fuck is going on!”

Despair rushed through his body as his life continued to mercilessly make no sense at all.

Desolation ripped inside him …he needed to see her, he was desperate for answers and more important he yearned for the comfort that only she could give him.

Feeling as if he would fracture into a million pieces he clenched his teeth as sweat poured from this body and his heart hammered against his chest.

Lunging at the door he once again grabbed the handle determined to somehow open it.

Suddenly he felt an uncontrollable surge of explosive energy burst from his core down his arm and into his hand.

His eyes widened as a dim red light began to radiate from his palm growing brighter and brighter until it was glowing intensely illuminating the space surrounding his hand.

Hearing a clicking noise he stood shocked as the door slowly swung open.

Feeling all the air quickly leave his lungs he stumbled back onto his bed and glared down at his hand that was searing hot.

"Oh my god."

He watched in disbelief as the bloody scrapes over his knuckles began to slowly close. Stunned he slowly stretched out his fingers and let out a shaky breath as the pain in his hand began to dissipate.

Flipping his hand over several times then closing it into a tight fist he sat mystified. The broken skin, the soreness… it was gone.

His hand was fully healed.

Shivering he placed his back against his headboard and raised his knees up to his chest as he quietly whispered to himself.

“Oh god…what is happening to me…what the hell is wrong with me?!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Roswell High 8:25 am

“Do you see him Maria?”

Rising up on her toes Maria scanned the students that were beginning to file into the school.

“No sorry, but we should stay by his locker. I think it’s our best bet at catching him.”

Frantically Liz searched through the crowds of kids as they flooded the halls.

“I just don’t get it, why didn’t he call? Maria I have a bad feeling. Something’s very wrong.”

Just as the last word left her mouth Liz watched as Ms.Topolsky wrapped her arm around Max and led him into her office

“Oh my god Maria! Did you see that?!”

“This is bad Liz … very bad!”

Eyeing Isabel down the other end of the hallway Liz grabbed Maria by the shoulders.

“Go tell Isabel what happened, I’m going to help Max.”

“Wait! Liz what are you going to do?”

Running down the hall she looked back at Maria with determination in her eyes.

“Whatever I have to!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I don’t understand? I thought you were the school’s guidance counselor.”

Taking a seat at her desk she calmly crossed her legs and leaned in towards him.

“That’s true I am, but I’m also a psychologist. Your parents thought it would be a good idea if you had someone you could confide in since it doesn't seem to be working out with your therapist. It can’t be easy adjusting to an environment that is completely foreign to you Max. It might help if you had someone to talk to.”

Lowering his voice in obvious distress he stared down at the ground feeling lost.

“Actually I can remember everything from school. Trig, Chemistry, it’s all there. I open the books and I know it all without any effort, but my family …my memories of people and events in my life …there just –

Hearing a knock at the door Ms.Topolsky sighed.

“Excuse me Max. Come in.”

Breathless Liz walked in and stared at Max anxiously as if she were trying to funnel all her energy into telling him not to trust her.

“Parker right? This is really not-

“I’m sorry to bother you but my friend is very upset she’s crying in the bathroom and I really need your help!”

Grinning sardonically she waved Mrs. Landry over.

“I’m sorry Liz, I’m having a private session with another student at the moment. I’m sure Mrs. Landry can help you with your…friend.”

“But!”

Closing the door behind her she walked closer to Max and sat on her desk only a few feet from him.

“Now Max, where were we?”
Last edited by jake17 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 6 12/12/09

Post by jake17 »

PML
darkmoon
Eve
NotYourChick
Earth2Mama
Jan
dreamer19
Ken_r
Carolyn
angelina
Addicted2AmberEyes
L-J-L 76

Thank you so much for all your very sweet fb! :D
hope you like the next part!

Chapter 6.

“So max, are you starting to remember anything?”

Topolsky studied his body language closely noting how he clutched the arms of the chair and averted his eyes from her as he shook his knee rapidly up and down.

Immediately she felt that he was hiding something.

She was sure with just a little time and effort she would be able to get the information she needed to complete her mission.

She smiled to herself knowing how good this would look to her superiors if she could pull this off.

Sliding off her glasses she rose from her desk and knelt down in front of Max resting her hand over his.

His knee froze, as did the rest of his body.

Lowering her voice to try and calm him she seized her opportunity.

“Max I know this is difficult, but I may be able to help you."

“I’m sorry Ms. Topolsky but I don’t really see how. What I remember doesn’t even make sense to me…its all jumbled and …

Seeing a flicker of excitement in her eyes Max thought back to Liz and the panicked look she gave him before being shut out of the room.

“What is it Max? Tell me what you remember, even if it doesn’t make sense maybe together we can figure it out. Whatever it is that’s coming back to you must be important if it’s making its way to the surface. Just tell me Max.”

“Well …

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz stared down the hall at Michael Isabel and Maria and shook her head ‘no’.

Letting them know that she failed at getting him away from her.

Trapped now with Mrs. Landry Liz was helpless.

“Michael we have to do something and fast!” Isabel’s voice was trembling as she looked up at him clutching her books in her hands.

Checking for teachers Michael took a quick scan up and down the hallway before reaching behind him and pulling down the lever on the fire alarm.

Yelling over the loud blaring noise and the rush of students Isabel grabbed Maria. “Find Liz, tell her that we have to talk…all of us-

“Does that include me?”

Turning quickly behind her she saw Alex standing there with his arms folded across his chest.

“No.”

Ignoring Michael she nodded, “Yes it does Alex.”

“Maria is your mom still out of town? Can we meet at your house tonight?”

“Yeah no problem.”

As the crowd of kids flooded the hall Isabel made eye contact with Max who looked visibly upset.

“We can’t ignore this any longer.”

“Isabel -

“Everyone meet at Maria’s at six.”

“But -

“Michael look at him…he’s falling apart. This isn’t working, just go to Maria’s it’s too dangerous to talk here.”

“I’m afraid the only place Michael’s going right now is my office.” The gang looked down at the ground as Michael waved and smiled at the principal. “Aren’t we a little old to be playing with fire alarms Guerin?”

“Hey, I saw smoke coming from the chem. Lab. I was just being a responsible citizen.”

“Sure you were, in my office now.”

As Michael walked off Isabel yelled out again. “Six o’clock don’t forget!”

“Well...operation ‘keep max in the dark’ is really working out well Isabel. Liz and Michael are in trouble and god knows what Max said to Topolsky, and Alex…hey where did Alex go?”

Holding her books tight up against her chest Isabel walked quickly trying to catch up with Max trying hard to ignore Maria’s sarcasm.

“I don’t know Maria, just make sure Liz makes it to your house tonight.”

Holding her hand up in the air Maria sighed. ”Yep no problem, that’s me everyone's personal chauffeur and secretary.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12:25 Roswell High café

Liz stared off into the distance as she mindlessly peeled her orange.

“Earth to Liz…are you in there?”

Focusing her attention back to Maria she tried to force a smile.

“Sorry, it’s just-

“No need to explain Max is MIA, I know you’re worried.”

“I haven’t seen him since this morning Maria, I know something happened with Topolsky.”

“What happened with Topolsky? Do you know something?”

Moving so Isabel could put her tray down Liz shook her head.

“No, nothing for sure but Max is missing. I think he left school again.”

“Great, now he’s going to get in more trouble which is just going to put the giant spotlight that’s already blaring down on him bigger."

Liz threw her orange on the table and walked off mumbling under her breath. “Unbelievable.”

Confused she furrowed her eyebrows and looked over at Maria.

“What’s her problem?”

Maria shook her head and stood as she threw out her lunch. “I thought you checkoslovakians were supposed to be smart.”

“What the hell does that mean?”

Grabbing her book bag before she left Maria leaned down close to her.

“Your brother is hurting... so Liz is hurting…that’s what happens when you love someone, or is it different from where you come from?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Crashdown 3:15

“Hi dad.”

“Hey Liz, I know you just got home but we’re short again, would you mind filling in for just a few hours?”

“No problem as long as it’s just a couple of hours I’m meeting Maria at her house at six we have a huge test to study for.”

“I promise, I wont need you any later than five.”

“Ok dad I’m just going upstairs to change I’ll be down in a sec.”

"Ok…hey wait!”

Turning around half way up the stairs Liz ducked her head. ”Yeah?”

“Max was here earlier.”

Trying to sound casual Liz questioned him. “Oh really? When?”

“He sat in the back alone for at least two hours just staring out into space, I think he left around a half an hour ago. Didn’t you have a full day of school today?”

“Yes we did but the teachers are going easy on him, you can imagine what he must be going through dad.”

“It must be horrible, and if you don’t mind me saying Liz it’s really beginning to show. He looked really upset today. You should call him later after you study with Maria.”

Turning to run up the stairs she quickly yelled back. “That’s a good idea dad, be down in few minutes.”

Bursting through her door she threw her book bag on the bed and sat at her desk shocked.

“Max what were you doing here.”

“The pattern on the floor…

Liz jumped when she heard his despondent deep voice. Running over to her window she saw him sitting outside on her balcony staring down at the street below.

Climbing out to join him she calmly sat beside him. “What pattern Max?”

“In my mind I saw you lying on the floor bleeding, I kept playing it over and over in my mind. Then it hit me. I knew where you were; I recognized the pattern on the floor. It’s the same one that’s in the diner.”

Breaking his stare he looked over at her and brushed a stray hair from her face.

“I came hoping that if I stayed here long enough I would remember more, but it didn’t work.”

“Liz! We really need you down here! You almost ready?”

Liz sighed as she looked back towards her room.

“Yeah dad, just a minute!”

Turning back to him she rested her hand on his arm hating that she had to leave him yet again.

“Max listen to me, meet me back here tonight at eight, we will talk and I will explain as much as I can to you. I promise, I can’t watch you go through this anymore. Please believe me, everything’s going to be ok.’

Slowly he nodded as he watched her climb back through her window.

“Liz?”

Turning back she stumbled falling unexpectedly into his embrace.

Her arms instinctively wrapped around his neck while his hands slid around her waist grazing the bare skin where her shirt had risen up.

Staring into each other’s eyes they both were unable to look away.

Strong feelings began to rush through him as the need to kiss her became almost unbearable.

Slowly his hands began to radiate heat until he felt as if he would burn her skin.

Stepping back he set her on her feet and whispered afraid of her response.

“Tell me you felt that.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 7 12/18/09

Post by jake17 »

Earth2Mama
Dreamer19
Ginger
PML
Jan
Addicted2AmberEyes
darkmoon
angelina
Cocogurl
Carolyn
Timelord31
IheartMax: :lol: angie is till tramatized over Rita's death in Dexter.. omg I love you sweetie! :lol: whenever i see you back it makes me insanely happy seashell!! :D

thank you all so much for your amazing fb! Especially for those of you who came back and left your fb again after it was wiped out by the site... you are all so nice to me!! I realize you've done this with my other stories and it just made me so happy! thank you so much! :)

just to explain I believe that Max's powers are strongly if not completely driven by his emotions. When he knew about his powers he had a certain amout of control over them but now he has no idea he even has them. So as I see it whenever he feels an intense feeling coming over him his powers automatically surge in an either positive or negative way.

this is just my little view :oops:

Chapter 7.

“Tell me you felt that.”

Sighing with tremendous empathy Liz wrapped her arms around her waist where his hands had just been.

As the intense warmth spread through her body she did her best to remain calm for him.

She knew that it was his powers and his lack of control over them or even the knowledge that they existed that brought this on.

She could only surmise that the extreme intensity of the flashes that he was experiencing, and the confusing feelings that were making their way to the surface for her were making his powers react so strongly.

The heat, the incredible energy she felt radiating from his hands was nothing painful in fact it filled her with an amazing sensation of strength power and love.

His love.

His love that he felt towards her that had always been there erupting from a place of no control.

Inside this made her wonder. True this was a beautiful experience for her, but it was because it came from a part of him that was experiencing tenderness caring and love.

A fear struck her when she realized what would happen if that same amount of intense feelings were to funnel its way to the surface and strike from a negative emotion, such as fear, anger or frustration.

What kind of damage could Max do without even realizing it?

In that second she knew what she had to do and she had to be the one to do it. She felt as if she owed him that much.

Looking up at him very calmly and confidently she wrapped her arms around his neck bringing him close.

With her mouth close to his ear she whispered hoping to give him comfort that soon he would have his answers.

“We have a very special…connection Max.”

Timidly she felt his hands smooth up her back and lace into her hair. Tenderly he pulled her in closer as if trying to draw as much peace as he could from her.

“I feel it Liz, but what does it mean?”

Hearing a knock at her door Liz quickly ushered him towards the ladder.

Leaning over the balcony she gazed down at him. Tonight, eight o’clock. I’ll tell you everything, No more secrets I promise you Max. You have to go now. I’m so sorry.”

Turning back around just in time to see her mother standing in her room she smiled nervously.

“Be right there mom.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jumping In his jeep max sat back as emotions swirled inside him like a hurricane. Now he was sure there was something beyond a teenage crush or jealous boyfriends. Liz confirmed something he has suspected about himself all along.

He was different; it was something he felt inside. With every fiber of his being he knew he wasn’t like everyone else, and even though he didn’t know exactly what this meant it gave him a certain reassurance to know that this wasn’t all in his head. He wasn’t crazy and tonight he would get his answers.

As he drove down the street the last place he felt like going was home, he thought about the questions that he would face about leaving school again and his mother hovering over him with that worried anxious expression on her face.

Taking a left onto the highway that lead the desert Max turned up the radio and tried to leave everything behind. As the houses became fewer and fewer he suddenly felt more relaxed.

The solitude of the vast emptiness of the desert that surrounded him filled him with an unexplained feeling of solace.

At first it felt as if he was just aimlessly driving, wasting time till he could see Liz again, but the more he drove the more he felt as if something deep inside him was pulling him in a certain direction, almost like a magnet.

Turning down a particular road he noticed a range of soaring tall mountains with one jetting very high almost as if it were pointing to a place out somewhere far away.

Something felt very familiar about place, like he had been there before and it was important.

Stopping the jeep he got out and circled around to the steepest part of the rock.

Concentrating he could almost sense a vibration or a humming sound radiating from the massive rock.

Reaching out he placed his hand on the stone and closed his eyes.

“Feel anything?”

Tuning quickly he stumbled backwards surprised to see an attractive girl leaning confidently against his jeep.

“Hello Max.”

He looked around at the desolate desert in shock, a car was parked down from the turn off but he never even heard it coming.

The blonde raised her hands to her curvy hips and cocked her head to the side smiling at him as if she was amused by his behavior.

Her Ruby red lips curved upward in a very seductive way leading Max to think this was not the first time they had met.

“Do I know you?”

Crinkling her eyebrows she sauntered over to him and rested the side of her body against the jagged stone only inches from him.

“Don’t play games with me Max.” Lowering her voice she moved closer hoping this was an invitation. “Unless it’s the fun kind.”

He was stunned at the way she was acting towards him, the way her body moved almost like a snake sizing up its prey getting ready to strike. It was the way her ice blue eyes raked over him, like she was interested in him…or rather she felt that he belonged to her already.

“Hmm…but you never want to have any fun do you Max.”

Smoothing her hands down her skintight black mini skirt she sighed and crossed her arms in front of her making her already ample cleavage spill from the confines of her stretched white sweater.

Clearing his throat he backed away from her more confused than ever.

“Look I’m not playing any games, I’m not sure if we’ve met before, but I’ve been in a very serious car accident and I’ve lost my memory. I don’t mean to be rude, but I honestly have no idea who you are.”

Now getting a little aggravated she huffed her impatience.

“I don’t have time for this Max, you gave the signal and I’m here so what did you want to talk about? Is Princess Isabel having issues again or let me guess it’s the rebellious Michael that your always concerned about.”

“Listen-

“No, you listen if we're here to discuss your precious Liz Parker again I’m already gone! How many times do I-

Poking her finger against his chest her eyes widened, gasping she rested her palm against his body causing a blinding white flash that ripped through the both of them.

A dark uneasy feeling of anxiety and fear washed over him as he saw her face appear outside his window.

Clearly a different picture ran across her mind as she removed her hand and stared deeply almost intimately into his eyes.

“You really have no idea who I am do you?”

Everything inside him screamed not to trust her,

“No.”

“Well this makes everything much more complicated doesn’t it Max.”

Frustrated at her constant mentioning of his name he raised his voice.

“Who are you!”

Smiling sarcastically she nodded.

“Well your memory may have skipped town but your endearing personality is obviously here to stay. Name’s Tess, and don’t worry we’ll be seeing each other again….you can count on it.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 7 12/18/09

Post by jake17 »

thank you dreamer19, Earth2Mama, darkmoon and dreamerfiend.... :D

for some reason I can't get this story out of my head and I also realized how short chpt. 7 was so here's a little more... :wink:

Chapter 8.

Maria’s house 7:15 pm

“Please! We’ve been here for forty five minutes and all we’ve managed to agree on is that we’re in deep shit!”

Michael rolled his eyes at Maria.

“Nice, you kiss your mother with that mouth?”

Leaning over him she rested her hands on the arms of the chair and smiled.

“Hmm you didn’t seem to mind my mouth that night at the Crashdown?”

Glaring at her with a mixture of anger and excitement at her boldness he was for once at a loss for words.

Isabel stared at the both of them in disbelief.

“I don’t understand you two, we’re in a major crisis here and you two can’t stop flirting with each other!”

“I’m not flirting!”

"I'm not flirting!"

Alex laughed when they both protested at the same time.

“Do you think this is funny Alex?”

“Funny? No, definitely not funny. Finding out that Aliens exist and one of them saved my best friend's life by desinigrating a bullet and repairing the damage with his extraterrestrial powers is not what I call funny. Excuse me for my hysterical release of emotion. I’ll do my best to keep it under control.”

Sitting next to him she rested her hand on his knee. “I’m sorry, things are just so screwed up right now and we’re running out of time.”

Suddenly a very small voice came from the corner of the room.

“Maybe we’ve been looking at this from the wrong way. I know that you wanted to wait and see if the doctor’s assumption was right and this would clear up in a couple of months, but can he afford to wait that long?”

“We know you want to tell him Liz.”

“Michael that’s not what I’m getting at. What about the healing stones? I mean I know what happened to you was totally different than what happened to Max but what if we gave it a try?”

“It’s too risky, we don’t know what we’re doing. We would need River dog and besides how would we get Max to agree to this?”

“Isabel, he needs to know the truth. Don’t you care about what this is doing to him?”

Standing Isabel walked to the window turning her back on everyone.

Everyone looked at each other when they heard her crying.

“You think that all me and Michael care about is protecting our secret don’t you Liz? That we’re not concerned about him at all.”

Turning to face her Isabel’s face was streaming with tears.

“Tell me something Liz, did you ever concider what would happen if you told him and he couldn’t handle it? Did it ever even occur to you that he might run away or tell people and get locked up in a mental ward or worse?”

Getting up Michael wrapped his arm around her and held her close.

“It’s ok Is.”

“No! It’s not ok! You don’t think that we care about him Liz? Well let me explain something to you! Max, Michael they are all I have in this world! I couldn’t live without my brother! I haven’t told him because I’m afraid of losing him! Get it now Liz? Have I made it clear enough for you?”

Liz looked down at the floor feeling horrible.

Walking close to her Isabel pointed her finger in her face.

“Don’t ever question my love for Max again.”

“Umm guys, I don’t mean to break up this little war here but there is a black car parked across the street with unmarked plates.”

Maria looked up at Michael. ”Topolsky, it has to be her. You know we don’t even know what he said to her.”

“Well considering that I found the FBI site on her computer if she knew something Max would already be locked up somewhere.”

Isabel took Alex’s hand as she edged the blinds back to see for herself. “Thank you for doing that by the way.”

Softly he stared at her beautiful face lost in his feelings for her. “I told you that I would do anything to help.”

Keeping her eyes locked on the car she whispered back. “I know Alex, it feels good to trust someone.”

“Not to ruin the moment here but I think we should talk more about Liz’s idea.”

“Isabel’s right it’s just not safe we could do more damage to him.”

"Michael we don't know that."

Seeing the car parked in front of her house Maria started to pace her living room.

“Ok not to be selfish or anything but my mom isn’t coming home till tomorrow and I’ve got the friggin FBI sitting outside my house. I’m not staying here alone, Liz can I sleep over?”

Knowing that shortly Max would be coming over Liz nervously stuttered as her eyes stayed glued to the floor.

“Oh god I wish you could Maria but my Grandma Claudia is coming tonight and she has my room, I’ll be on the couch…

“I’ll stay with you.”

Maria laughed as she looked up at Michael who she was sure had multiple personalities.

“Like hell you will.”

“Look I can protect you, I’ll stay on the couch. Besides I have a replacement glass for your mom’s car. I’m going to fix it later.”

Throwing her hands up in the air Maria was too tired of his moods swings to fight.

“Fine, but you stay on the couch.”

Smiling sarcastically he raised his hands against the back of his head.

“What’s wrong, afraid you won’t be able to control yourself?”

Alex turned back as he felt Isabel begin to shake.

“I think we should get back to the point. Isabel don’t you feel it’s about time we told him something?”

“Ok something but not that he’s an alien. He’ll never be able to handle that.”

Realizing that it was ten of eight Liz stood.

“I have to go. I’m going to walk home. I’ll cut through people yards so I won’t be followed.”

“But we haven’t decided –

Sighing knowing that her mind was made up Liz grabbed fro the door.

“I’m not getting the feeling that this is going to be my decision, let me know what you and Michael tell him so I don’t blow it. I have to go, my grandma will be at my house shortly.”

Closing the door behind her she listened as the topic began to heat up again.

Taking off she ran as fast as she could to Max's house. Trying as hard as she could to stay out of sight she climbed into Isabel's room.

Knowing she has little time she carefully began to seach her room.

Spotting a brown paper bag under her bed she unwrapped it and breathed a sigh of relief.

Placing the stones in her purse she quickly but the bag back under her bed wrapped just as it was before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bolting up her stairs she burst through her door and ran to her balcony completely out of breath with a light sheen of sweet matting the edges of her hair down on her face.

Standing in the corner of her balcony he stood obviously relieved.

“I’m so sorry I’m late! I ran, I tried to –

Unable to catch her breath he walked over to her smiling and rubbed her shoulder.

“You’re not that late, and believe me I would’ve waited all night if it I had to.”

Catching her reflection in the window she cowered her head in embarrassment.

“Oh god I look horrible. I’m such a mess.”

Running the back of his hand down her cheek he stared at her this time with a serious expression.

“You look beautiful. You always look beautiful.”

Shyly grabbing his hand she led him into her room and locked the door.

“Here sit down. This is going to take a while.”

Taking a deep breath Max sat facing her on her bed.

“Max I’m going to need you to try and stay very calm and listen to every word I say even if it’s hard to accept. I promise you it’s nothing bad, and there is nothing wrong with you. You just need to have an open mind and trust me.”

Nodding Max took her by the hand needing to feel just a small part of her.

“Do you trust me Max?”

Drifting his warm eyes over her face he edged very slowly close to her and brushed his lips against her cheek.

Whispering he knew without knowing that he was safe with her, that she truly cared about him.

“Yes, I trust you.”

“Ok then, let’s start from the beginning.”

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 9 1/7/10

Post by jake17 »

Earth2Mama
dreamerfiend
begonia
Carolyn
Jan
dreamer19
zaner1
PML
angelina
Cocogurl

Thank you so so much for all your wonderful fb!!!!! I so appreciate it!!

This update is for dreamer19, Kristin :) an amazing poet, writer and friend.
Happy Birthday sweetie!!!
love you!

Chapter 9.

“You’re shaking.”

Liz smiled nervously as she began to wring her hands together.

“What I’m about to tell you is going to be hard to believe. You just have to know that I am here for you and everything is going to be ok.”

“This is about us” leaning in closer he reached for her hand “about the connection we share?”

Nodding slowly she cleared her throat and squeezed his hand trying to convey to him that he was not in this alone.

“In a way yes, but it’s much more than that.”

She tried to look away from his intense stare but he gently tilted her chin back needing to keep eye contact with her.

“Max you and Isabel were adopted.”

“Yes I know – “

“Please let me finish.” Her stare became more serious making Max sit back a little pulling her closer to the head of the bed.

“Sorry go on.”

“Well, as far as everyone is concerned that is the truth. You and Isabel were two human six year olds that were found in the desert and adopted.”

His eyes narrowed as he whispered.” Human?”

“Max in nineteen fortyseven there was an aircraft that crashed in the desert not far from here.”

Laughing anxiously Max started to open his mouth to speak but stopped remembering what she said.

“Do you have a memory of the Roswell Crash?”

Confused Max nodded. “ You mean the weather balloon ?”

Rubbing her thumb across his hand she tried to comfort him.

“Max it wasn’t a weather balloon. It was an actual space craft – “

Sighing Max became impatient. “Liz what does this have to do with me? And not to mention are you telling me that you believe in aliens too now?”

Lowering her voice she slowly let the truth go. “Well I didn’t until last September. Until the day I was shot.”

Slowly his eyes fell to her stomach as the flash he experienced the night before flooded his mind.

“My memory of you hurt and bloody. That was real…you were shot?”

Lifting her shirt she exposed the area that relieved her perfect skin. Free of scars or any evidence of injury.

“But there was so much blood a-and you were dying …I felt it. “

“I was until you put your hands on me Max. You healed me …saved my life.”

His eyes met hers as his anxiety grew. “ That’s not possible.”

Nodding she touched his cheek hoping he would just remember and she wouldn’t have to go on.

“You’re right it’s not possible. For a human.”

Breathing out hard Max let her hand go and rose from the bed.

“Liz you’re talking in riddles and I don’t understand a word you’re saying. Are you telling me I'm not human!“

She closed her eyes as he began to pace the room.

“Max you Isabel and Michael were on that ship that crashed in nineteen forty seven. You were kept in some kind of incubation pod. Your parents found you and Isabel wandering in the desert and took you in.”

Max froze with his back towards her. “ What are you talking about Liz? Is this some kind of joke?”

His voice cracked as the delicate walls of his reality began to crumble. He truly thought he was going crazy.

Standing up she rested her hand on his back causing him to turn and look at her.

“It’s not a joke Max. You Isabel and Michael are …aliens.”

Backing away from her he began to shake as his eyes filled with distraught tears.

“Why Liz? Why are you doing this to me?”

Turning he went out her window and onto the roof almost running towards the ladder.

“Wait! Max please!”

She reached him just before he went over.

“Liz …I can’t … I don’t understand.”

Quickly she began to blurt out the rest worried that he would leave.

“You have to believe me Max and you have to understand that no one knows about this and can never know.”

Shaking he backed up against the wall with his head buried in his hands.

“This is insane Liz!”

“I know, it’s hard, but maybe if you see it for yourself it would be easier to accept.”

Frustration and impatience escalated his distressed voice.

“What do you mean if I see?”

Walking very close to him she placed his hands on her cheeks.

The nearness of her stilled his frantic mind momentarily. Even after everything it amazed him how she was able to calm him.

Her voice was gentle and loving so full of empathy he couldn’t help but trust her no matter how crazy she seemed.

“Just look into my eyes and take deep breaths. Just relax Max let the images come.”

Desperate he tried his best to do what she asked.

Slowly fluctuating pictures flashed before his eyes becoming more clearly by the second until it was as if he was there.

Soon the bright light of the crashdown came into view.

He jumped in her hands as the gunshots were fired.

She held him tighter praying she wasn’t doing more damage than good.

His eyes widened as he watched her fall to the floor.

Then he was hovering over her ripping open her uniform watching in horror as the blood seeped through the hole of her stomach.

She could feel his hands get warmer and warmer on her face as he felt the tissue and molecules inside her form back into place.

Just then he felt the most powerful emotion strike his heart.

The look in her eyes, the connection that was made that could never ever be broken.

They were a part of each other forever until the end of time.

Love.

Gasping deeply he stumbled backwards letting her go.

Worried Liz stepped towards him causing him to step back.

“What is it Max? What did you see?”

His lips parted but no words came out.

“Max please … there is nothing wrong with you and you are not alone in this. Michael and Isabel are the same. They want to help you just please come inside.”

“What the hell am I? What does this mean? “

Glancing at his refection in the window he looked back at her.

“Why do I look – “

Taking his hand Liz begged him to go inside.

“Max please let me call Isabel she’ll come over and explain everything to you.”

Shaking his head despondently Max began to descend the ladder.

“I have to go.”

Staring over the edge Liz pleaded for him to come back.

“Max there’s so much more you need to know! Please please come back!”

As he stepped on the ground below he slowly gazed up at her.

“I’m sorry Liz …I can’t.”

After calling out to him several times Liz ran to her cell phone full of guilt that she shouldn’t have tried to tell him alone.

“Isabel! Are you still are Maria’s?”

“Liz?”

Everyone could hear her frantic tone and came closer to the phone.

“Liz what is it? What happened?”

“Is everyone still there?”

Very worried Isabel looked around.” Yes, did something happen with Max?”

“I’ll be right there! Don’t leave Max knows. He ran off and I don't know where's he's going. We have to find him!”

Quickly Liz hung up and grabbed her mother’s car keys.

Directing her anger at Maria and Alex Isabel threw her phone across the room and began to pace furiously.

“I knew this was mistake! Damn Max is too trusting! You’re all going to get us all killed!”

Alex slipped his arm around Maria as Michael grabbed Isabel by the shoulders.

“What happened!”

Crying now she fell into his arms. Hesitating for just a moment Michael pulled her in close and began to stroke her hair.

“He knows. Liz told him and he ran off. God Michael what if something happens to him! What are we going to do!”

Looking at the two of them Maria and Alex for the first time really understood how alone they felt in this world and how scared they were.

Holding up his hand timidly Alex quietly tried to get their attention.

“I know I’m not completely up to date on all of your... extraterrestrial abilities but you both have powers right?”

Stiffening Isabel peered at Alex over Michael’s shoulder.

“So? I really don’t think now is a great time for a demonstration Alex.”

“No, no that’s not what I mean. I was just thinking. You three must be connected in some way …right? Is there thing you can do?’ Alex waved his hands around as if he was performing magic.” you know to locate him?”

Burying her face back into Michael’s shoulder she shook her head.

“No, we can’t …no Alex.”

Removing his hands from around her Michael eased back and held Isabel’s face.

“Wait there is something you could try.”

As if she read his mind she quickly shook her head “no”.

“I’ve never done it to anyone who was awake before. I’m not even sure if it would work,”

Maria walked towards the window and eyed the black car that was still outside her house.

“Whatever it is I think you have to try. What if he tells someone? We have to find he before someone else does.”

Sitting on the bed Isabel wiped her tears from her face and smoothed her hair back.

“What is it? What can you do?”

Michael sat beside her and looked up at Alex.

“She can dreamwalk.”

“Dreamwalk?”

Maria raised her eyebrow and closed the blinds.

“What are you saying you can go into people’s dreams?”

“Yes but he’s not asleep. It won’t work.”

Bursting through the front door Liz was panting out of breath.

“You have to try. Please he’s beyond upset and I’m not sure he even believed me! Please just do it Isabel."

“I-I need a picture of him.”

Running into Maria’s bedroom Liz came back with her middle school yearbook.

“Here.”

Looking up at Michael for reassurance Isabel opened the book to his picture and held her fingers over his image.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flying down the road Max drove aimlessly back into the desert.

With no streetlights and only sand and mountains around him it felt as if he was driving off the face of the earth, into nothingness.

Which was fine with him.

Staring at the cluster of bright stars that hung just over the horizon in front of him he wondered if any of what she said was true.

Deep inside he knew she wouldn't lie, he knew there was no explaination for the things that were happening to him or the memories he was having.

He also knew that no matter how far or fast he drove into that black barren night he wouldn't be able to escape this.

Fear rushed through his veins like ice water as the reality of what he was crept inescapably towards him.

Words resonated like heavy cement in his heart as he gripped the steeringwheel tight.

Freak

Monster

Alone

Alien
Last edited by jake17 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Frozen in Time (CC,M/L,Adult) chpt 10 1/12/10

Post by jake17 »

Earth2Mama:Ellie I know you read that a car was following him..your too fast for me! :lol: I ended up changing that, had to tell you so you wont be confused. He ran because he was scared ...he felt like a monster...didnt understand just what he is inside and he was afraid of what all this meant for liz and him.. since she is the only thing that is keeping him sane at the moment.. all will be explained.. thanks so much for your always awesome fb! :D
Angelina : you know exactly how I write now don't you ang! :lol: hope u like this...always thinking of you! you are awesome! REMEMBER THAT! :D
begonia:so happy you enjoyed your bday Eve! ohh and about the g.chamber, stop reading my mind Eve :wink: :D thanks for your fb!!
Cocogurl:remember cassie, I'm a romantic.. he will always come back to LIz :wink: thank you so much sweetie`! :D
zaneri1:saving Liz is going to have a huge factor in how he handles this..you are so right! thanks so much for reading this! :D
dreamer19:thank u for getting my intention kristin, I think anyone would be scared to ...esp. not having any foundation to cling to..with his amnesia. love u! :D
PML: yes I guess it didn't go well but I didn't see him in my mind just blindly excepting it calmly.. I don't think anyone would. when liz found out it was after she was healed and saw the blood differences.. so she had some time ...but along with his other emotional hurdles this was just too much.. in my mind he thought maybe this made him a monster. thanks so much Peter for your continued interest in this. :D
Carolyn:Ok I think Max was more freaked out about what exactly he is...inside if you know what I mean. nothing is really explained yet..about being a hybrid, he's thinking he is repulsive or by what has been happening to him maybe even dangerous..plus tess is not helping. thanks so much! :D
cjsl8ne: yes your right, about liz always having to explain everything! but i have a feeling she will be rewarded for it later. :wink: thanks so much! :D
darkmoon: well I don't think it was quite as bad as what Maria did when she found out but i see your point :wink: :P thanks sweetie

Thank you all so much for the awesome fb everyone! I seriously appreciate it! :D

This update is dedicated to my beautiful hysterically funny, incredibly intelligent daughter Erika, who without her I would be lost. I love you with all my heart sweetie! Congradulations on turning the big 10! Being your mommy is the best thing to ever happen to me!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABYGIRL!!!!!!

Chapter 10.

“Isabel please concentrate.”

“Shh!”

Closing her eyes tight she began to see fluctuations between this reality and something…else.

Stumbling in blackness she could only see blurring white lights high above her.

Disoriented she stretched out her hands and let her senses take over.

“It’s dark …where ever he is it’s dark.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leaning against the smooth edged side of the mountain that pierced the sky Max found himself in the same place as before.

Staring up at the bright stars above he wondered where his home really was.

“We really need to stop meeting like this.”

Appearing from out of the darkness Tess began to walk towards him with a little more caution then before.

Dread filled his voice as a deep feeling of resentment and bitterness coursed through him as she came closer.

“Why are you following me?”

Pointing upward Tess raised her eyebrows and sighed.

“Hey you call I come…that was our deal remember? God forbid I interfere with your beaver cleaver life.”

Stopping right in front of him Tess sat down and narrowed her eyes.

“Well now I take that back. I guess you don’t remember do you?”

Giggling with her head back she wiped happy tears from her eyes.

She was clearly enjoying his pain.

“Oh my god they must be out of their minds trying to figure out how to handle you. Oh to be a fly on the wall!”

“When you say them you mean…

“Why Isabel Michael and of course your precious Liz.”

The way she spoke Liz's name with such loathing it made him even more wary of her.

Rubbing his eyes in frustration he stood and began pacing.

“Who are you? And what do you mean I called you? I don’t even know who you are.”

Standing Tess moved her hands around his back smoothing her fingers up over his shoulders till she was standing directly in front of him.

“So... they didn’t tell you yet?”

“Tell me what.”

There was no way he was going to share with this stranger something that he could barely understand himself.

Coldness radiated from her as an uneasy feeling surrounded him. She was the complete opposite of Liz. He could see her calculating manipulative mind at work. Not knowing if this was a memory or just instinct he knew he had to leave.

No matter how much he was drawn to this place it was becoming very apparent that this was a mistake.

Rising up on her toes she brought her mouth to his ear and seductively whispered as her hand slid around his shoulders.

“You mean to tell me you still don't have any idea who or rather what you are?”

Panic struck his heart realizing that possibly she was an …alien too. Pulling her hands from around his neck he backed away towards his truck.

Just saying the word even if it was in his head was far more than he could handle. What kind of world had he woken up to? How could any of this be possible?

Climbing in the seat he started the jeep while she leaned into the window. Seductively she brushed the hair from his intense eyes while she whispered softly into the cool night air.

“You can’t run from this Max. There is a reason you are drawn here…drawn to me. When you’re ready for some real answers come back. I promise I’ll be waiting.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isabel began to hyperventilate as the book slipped to the floor from her lap.

“What is it Isabel what do you see?”

He's scared, confused. He feels so alone. Something or someone is making it worse ...he's not alone.

Opening her eyes quickly she looked up at Michael with fear in her eyes.

“Tess.”

“Is he in the desert?”

"I've lost him."

Holding her head she began to rock back and forth.

“I don’t know, he was awake I couldn’t just talk to him freely and he wouldn’t let me in. I don’t think he understood what was happening.”

Michael grabbed Isabel’s keys and ran for the door.

“Where are you going?”

“To get him! God knows what she’s already told him.”

Maria stood in front of the door and pointed out the window.

“Michael you’ll be leading them right to him. You can’t go out there. Besides I thought Tess made a pact with all of you. No interference unless you were all in danger.”

Liz walked slowly for the door in a daze.

“Where are you going?”

“Home – “

Maria pulled back the curtains revealing the car that was still parked outside.

“What if they follow you?”

“They won’t with all of you here. I-I have to leave.”

Standing Isabel took the keys from Michael and headed for the door.

“And where the hell are you going?”

Waving her hand in the air without turning around she mumbled quietly.

“I’m sure they’re already parked outside our house. I want to be there in case he comes home. Do you want me to drop you off Alex?”

“I guess, I don’t even know who Tess is and I already feel like I need to lie down.”

Michael and Maria both looked at each other at the same time.

“Don’t even think about it! I am not staying here alone don't move! I’ll get some blankets for you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lighting some candles on her balcony Liz settled in on her lounge chair knowing there was no way she’d be sleeping tonight.

Wrapping her arms around herself she felt a deep chill rush through her just knowing they were together.

Suddenly out of the darkness she heard a deep low whisper.

“You’re still awake.”

Raising her tired eyes to the ladder her heart flew as he jumped over the side.

Standing she remained silent lost as to what to say afraid that he would run again.

Her eyes slid shut with relief as he rushed up to her and pulled her tight in his arms.

“I’m sorry I left. I promise I'll never do that to you again."

Tears filled her eyes as he laced his hands through her hair and gently kissed her neck.

“I’m not going to lie to you Liz. I’m afraid, none of this seems real I feel lost and alone like everyone recognizes me as this stranger I don’t even know.”

Her voice was soft and soothing and immediately calmed his spinning mind.

“I here Max…I’m here for you.”

Pressing his lips to her ear he breathed out refusing to let her go.

“The only thing I do know is that I belong with you. Please tell me I’m not wrong Liz.”

Breathless and shaky he closed his eyes feeling at last that he was home.

“Please Liz… tell me I’m not wrong.”
Last edited by jake17 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.