The Story of My Life (CC, Mature) - Chapter 75 - Completed: 04/25/2021

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Story of My Life (CC, Mature) - Chapter 74 - 04/23/2021

Post by keepsmiling7 »

WOW....
Max couldn't go back to prison for many reasons.
A quick decision was made to tell the truth.
Will this finally end the long, long drama?
Amelia and Zack will try the long distance arrangement.
I can't wait to take the look into the future, I wasn't ready for this to end.....
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

The Story of My Life - Chapter 75 - 04/25/2021

Post by Parker1947 »

One year later,
Summer of 2020

Off the Coast of Mexico,
Private Island

The birds were singing. The sun was shining. And the waters were blue, and not a wave in sight. It was a perfect day. And one that had the air of celebration in it. Because this was a day to celebrate as a wedding would be taking place. Or it was the start of the festivities as the ceremony would not be happening today, but tomorrow.

And even though the people marrying had been married for eighteen years. But on this day, after years of trial, and months of adjusting to the realities of their life and their marriage. They were making the final adjustment. They would be taking vows that would formalize their new lives together.

Friends, and family had been accumulating on the island for days now, but the final pieces of the wedding would be coming today, twenty-four hours, before the ceremony was to begin. Max did not care because this was all a dream.

Everything about the last year had been a dream. One that he never imagined would be able to take place. As he looked out at the water, in this place of solitude. One that allowed him to breathe and surrender to the fact that he had it all.

Watching as his mother, Diane Evans fussed with her daughter, Isabel as they manned the final details. And he loved every minute as the decorations were being put up, and the flowers were being put into place as they both ordered the helpers to make sure the wedding was indeed perfect. Isabel and Kyle had arrived the month before for a month-long vacation with their girls. As Isabel’s legal work as well as the Sunshine Project were going strong. Her notoriety was working in her favor. As people from all corners was coming for her advice. And Kyle was back coaching basketball at West Roswell High. And the girls were spending their time with their grandparents until they came to paradise, and were loving the beach, and endless treasure hunting, and the warm weather.

So, to Max it was perfect. There could be a hurricane and it could drench the set up, and still it was perfect, because he already had Liz as the door open, and the love of his life came out onto the deck with a little baby in her arms. Smiling, “The boat should be here any minute” she smiled as she handed the bundle of preciousness in her arms as they both got their dreams of being together, on a desert island. And they did not have to be fugitives to get it, as he looked down at the beautiful little girl in his wife’s arms…

Their granddaughter.

But their daughter in ever other way because Olivia had not changed her mind. Even after giving birth to little Lexie Parker Evans the previous September, three days before the twentieth anniversary of the shooting that had brought him and Liz together. Olivia choosing the name to honor Lexie’s birth father, but also the original Alex Whitman. And her mother and father choosing Lexie because it seemed appropriate.

Olivia boarded her flight to New York as planned on October 1st. Despite the outcry from the exposure of who they were. New York did not lift the offer, and Olivia could proceed with her plans, and even though she had her father back. Max and Liz wanted their daughter to reach for her dreams and have everything their parents were not able to achieve themselves, and so she went to New York, and shined.

The day after watching their daughter fly away for her future. Max and Liz packed up, and boarded up the house, after Liz took a year “maternity” leave from her practice. As she had gotten a friend to come and take over while she was gone. So, she and Max got in the car with the baby and drove off to their own future. As they needed to get away to focus on themselves, away from the eyes on them.

As it turned out the key that had been found with the Kal Langley documents belonged to a palatial home on a private island off Mexico. It was left to Serena, but Serena offered it to Max and Liz to make up for what Kal had done to them. They had not been sure they wanted to deal with it, but as they dealt with being in Roswell, and they knew it would be quiet once Olivia was gone, so they left once Olivia was off on her own.

They had come down to the island just for a getaway, before going elsewhere. But they loved it here and loved the peace and quiet. Lexie was growing up and they did not have anyone looking at them oddly.

They were able to settle down and love each other. At Christmas, on the beach. Max had gotten down on his knee and proposed to the love of his life.

She said yes, and wedding plans then started. They were planning a spring wedding, to take place once Olivia finished with New York.
And then she was offered her dream of the summer in Europe. At Oxford and in Italy. After talking to her parents. Who were thrilled for their daughter? As she was getting everything they had been denied. So, Olivia took it, and so Max and Liz pushed back to the wedding until further on in the summer.

Olivia thrived, and now she was getting another one of her dreams.

Witnessing her parents’ wedding.

She did not care that they were already married. This was the ceremony was the one that mattered. “Are you ready,” came a voice from behind Olivia as she sat on the boat. As she was returning from her European summer. Fully engaged in her future, and in love for the first time.

A love that meant something to her this time.

“I am,” Olivia said as she kissed and held hands with her handsome partner as they continued to watch the waters as they rode a long out to the private island. “It’s been a while since I have been here,” she smiled.

“I am sure we are the last to arrive,” said the boyfriend.

No one cared whether Olivia was the last to arrived, because she was the most important guest but everyone else was having a fun time on this day as Michael puttered around with the security arrangements. Maria was ordering people around and helping with the entertainment, as she was also planning on performing. Currently she was working on the catering with Nancy Parker.

Jeff and Nancy had arrived the week before as they had been forced to admit with the departure of their daughter. The fact that Liz would literally walk away from Roswell, even if the intentions were for only a year, still it meant something to them as they were forced to face the reality that they wanted their daughter happy, and finally she was happy and in love. And they had fallen in love with little Lexie. So, Nancy was an often visitor to the island. Jeff had come over the holidays when they could afford to shut down the restaurant.

Now Jeff was catering the wedding.

Max and Liz took that as the ultimate peace offering. One they accepted, and father and daughter became much closer from that moment on.
Maria and Michael had been down here in paradise for six months as they were run out of Roswell due to suspicion. It made it hell for the kids to go to school. And they wanted to see Lexie, and so they came down on holidays around the start of the year and stayed. While back home Maria’s mother, Amy Deluca would take back control of Glitter while her daughter was gone.

Michael was helping Max fix up the place, and the surrounding area.

Alex had been accepted into a basketball academy in Europe. So, off he went for the second half of the year to see if he had any true talent for the game. Away from the circus. With the loss of her brother, her best friend, and even her boyfriend Zack. Amelia was often in bad mood until she came to paradise as she had the best of both worlds as she was home schooled, and did her on-line courses, and was able to continue being a student in Roswell, so that graduation was still on track.

Now on this day. The day before the wedding. Behind a big set of rocks, boulders on the beach, were two lovers, and they were all over each other. As they were enjoying the sun, the sand and each other.

As the timer went off on the phone, “Damn,” the girl muttered as she sat up and did up her bikini top. “I guess we better run?”

“Yeah,” came the boy.

“Olivia will be arriving today,” the girl said.

“Yup,” said the guy who would be Zack. Because even though he was unable to go back into New Mexico. They managed to find time to be together, or mostly through Zoom or Skype calls. But once Amelia made it to Mexico…

And once Zack turned his stellar commitment to school into graduation in June. His parent did not have much choice but to relent, so he booked the first flight to Mexico, and the private island and he and Amelia had been gungho ever since, much to the annoyance of her parents.

With Maria constantly muttering to Liz about it and on this day as Liz was headed out to the docks with Max, “Those two?” she muttered as up at the house as she looked down and saw her daughter in a tiny bikini appearing from behind rocks with Zack. Shaking her head. Liz could only laugh because at least they knew Amelia was safe and sound, and happy.

But Maria and Michael had been unable to separate the twosome.

Still, they knew there would be some encountering of difficulty come September when everyone was expected to return to Roswell. Where Olivia, Amelia and Alex would be completing their senior year at West Roswell High. While Zack would return to New York to begin classes at NYU. Since he could not step into New Mexico for a few more years. Amelia currently was molding her academic goals into plans to apply to NYU or Columbia or both.

Walking up to the house together, they saw Maria who only frowned. “Get dressed,” was all she said.

“Yes, Mom” Amelia smiled as she pulled Zack into the house and they went upstairs, with the plan for her to dress for the rehearsal dinner. Of course, that got waylay for awhile longer before they finally got dressed.

“I love you,” Max smiled as he held hands as the baby was now off with Diane being spoiled. They were watching the water and holding hands by each other’s side and loving each moment they could spend time together, as they saw the boat arrived at the dock. Smiling because it was finally a chance to see their daughter.

It had been a long time. She had come to the island before leaving for Europe, but she had only been able to see her parents a few times, since she left in October, and since they had arrived on the island. Liz had missed her daughter. Despite having her husband and a new baby in her life. She had spent so much time with her eldest, that to have her gone, was a shock. But it was a reminder of what they would be facing in a year when it was time for university.

Max started to laugh as they saw their daughter walking off the boat and stop and kiss a familiar figure. “I guess they are back on again,” he asked as it was soon apparent that Olivia and Alex were dating again.

“I guess so,” Liz murmured as she watched the were very much into each other as Olivia and Alex walked hand and hand together.

“Mom,” Olivia murmured as she knew her parents now knew. “Dad.”

Of a development that she had not told her family back, or even Amelia about back on the island. As she and Alex had met up in Italy when Alex had been playing basketball and they had spent time together, and they found themselves in love, and starting over again, and this time, it meant something more than it had done when they were younger.

“Welcome,” was all they said to their daughter as they hugged her and welcomed them both to the island.

Later that night,

“Mom, Dad” Olivia smiled as everyone was celebrating the bride and groom to come tomorrow. A festive time was being had. Not a down night at all, as everyone was finding fun. And now it was time for Olivia to make a toast because she was not going to do it tomorrow, as she wanted to do it tonight. “I am glad I could make it in time for tonight, and tomorrow. I almost did not think I could, but I am glad to be able to celebrate this weekend with you because you both deserve it.”

“Dad,” Olivia smiled. “When I came to visit you that day. I never imagined we would come to this day,” she asked. “This is a dream come true. Not only for you and Mom, but for this was something I never imagined could happen. So, thank you for being my parents. For loving me and supporting me. And yes, especially raising, and loving Lexie like you are. You did not have to, but I know she is better of with you, and I know she will be loved by all of us.”

“I love you Mom” Olivia murmured as she focused on her mother “You were an incredible mother. You were always amazing with me. I also always knew you were there for me, and that I could come to you for anything, and I certainly did. Thank you for advising me and being incredibly supportive. Especially because I know you have given up a lot to be there for me, and I am glad you are getting chance to be happy, and to be loved and I know whatever my future holds that I will be in a good place because I had you as my mother.”

“And to Dad, I am glad to have the chance to know and have you as my Dad and I know you and Mom will be very happy together” Olivia smiled as everyone laughed and clapped as Max and Liz kissed as she made the signal, and the music started, and in particular Bryan Adams’ (Everything I Do) I Do it for You
Look into my eyes – you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart, search your soul
And when you find me there, you'll search no more

Max took Liz’s hand as they walked out onto the dance floor, and they only had eyes for each other, as they took each other’s hands and looked into their eyes, with love for all they had experienced.

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true:
Everything I do, I do it for you

Look into your heart – you will find
There's nothin' there to hide
Take me as I am, take my life
I would give it all, I would sacrifice

“I would do it all again Liz,” Max murmured as they kissed as they danced. “It was you; it was always you.”

“But you do not have to,” Liz smiled as she looked at him as they danced, “We are in this together, and yes, it was also always you and now it is us.”

Don't tell me it's not worth fightin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
You know it's true:
Everything I do, I do it for you, oh, yeah

There's no love like your love
And no other could give more love
There's nowhere unless you're there
All the time, all the way, yeah

Look into your heart, baby...

Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more

Yeah, I would fight for you, I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for you

You know it's true:
Everything I do, oh, I do it for you

As Max and Liz walked off the dance floor, and the next day they said their vows “I do” in front of their family and friends and started off onto an incredible new chapter together as they returned to Roswell in September as they all continued to live their lives and were very happy… as they settled on an estate outside of town.

Away from the people of Roswell, but able to go in town from time to time. As Liz returned to her practice while Max turned his attention to building their estate into a compound with Michael’s assistance.

But they did not care about anyone’s opinion because the were incredibly happy together as a month after their return. Liz by some miracle found out she was pregnant, and they would be joined the following summer by the birth of their son, William aka Will because as was always the case with Max and Liz.

Because When there is a will then there is a way that Max and Liz will end up together

The End!

Author's Note: Thank you for supporting this story and enjoying it. It was a story with only a glimpse of idea. A beginning chapter, and the rest of was an exploration that popped up chapter by chapter. The side of “Chant Down Babylon” the show did not try to explore, and we might not have wanted them to if they had the time to look at the fallout from the events in Vermont. The more I watched Chant Down Babylon I saw the kernels there underneath that the did not get address either because they went another direction, or they did not have the time. I brought it into modern times and explored how one would Max and Liz’s “courtship” in today’s eyes, in the wake of recent movements in real life. 1999 was a vastly different time in society. And so, I thought why not look at how Max and Liz’s child would look at their love story. And so, it was a unique exploration in the opening chapters. Then came trying to figure out how to get Max free. And that stumped me. And if I had written in all one go instead of taking a break, it might have gone a different way, but it stumped me for awhile, and when the block broke, I decided to do a prison break with a nod to a “fugitive” with determine federal agent on their tale, using the newest generation and test them and give their parents an eye opener to memories of their own pursuits LoL. And I fell for Amelia and Zack’s story, with a glimpse into seeing how Zack who grew up away from the rest might be different, and yet not so different at the same time. While at the same time Olivia is questioning the stakes of her own dilemma about what she wants to do, and can she do it because of who she is?

It was a modern day look but I started to write this right before certain real-life elements like the pandemic ravaged our world, and therefore, I kept that away from this story, so it did go in a different world…

So, thank you for your interest.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Story of My Life (CC, Mature) - Chapter 75 - Completed: 04/25/2021

Post by keepsmiling7 »

AMAZING.......
Must admit I was curious as to how you would get Max out of the mess. But, "the truth shall make you free".
Good to see Olivia on with her future........which will include Alex it appears.
The private island was a great setting.......something good from Kal after all.
Congratulations on little Will.
The music was perfect and so was the ending. You have given me and others much pleasure carrying this journey through.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent and love of Max and Liz.
Superman86
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Superman86 »

keepsmiling7 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:37 pm AMAZING.......
Must admit I was curious as to how you would get Max out of the mess. But, "the truth shall make you free".
Good to see Olivia on with her future........which will include Alex it appears.
The private island was a great setting.......something good from Kal after all.
Congratulations on little Will.
The music was perfect and so was the ending. You have given me and others much pleasure carrying this journey through.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent and love of Max and Liz.
I surely second that....
I'm sure I speak for other readers when I say we look forward to yet another great fic, written by you.
Parker1947
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Parker1947 »

Thank you for the kind words. It was a story just asking to be told. The other side of Chant Down Babylon. Told in this generation. It was interesting premise to look at Max and Liz in the eyes of today. Despite my still hardcore love for them, and getting Max out of this mess was truly a hard one. With no easy answers. Given how complicated I made it for him.

They all deserved their peace and quiet. So a private island is something they needed, at least for the start of their new life. But with the knowledge going back to Roswell will be a whole different world for them all. In different ways. It probably could have gone on, but then I would have probably gone on like my Reunion trilogy into places that I would never dreamed of in the beginning. And it was a ending I did not know at the beginning. But as I wrote it. The truth seemed like the best way, so they could deal with the world with a fresh slate.

Whether Olivia gave up the baby was one I wrestled with, so the easy way for her was for her parents to raise little Lexie. And so she will be protected, no matter what kind of person she grows up to be...