Endless Spiral CC, Mature, Part 13 02/25/2016

This is the place to post all your General Roswell fanfiction. Any Canon fics, which pick up directly from any episode of the show and that focus on Max/Liz, Michael/Maria, Isabel/Alex or Isabel/Jesse, Kyle/Tess, or all the couples together! Rule of Thumb: If Max healed Liz in the Crashdown in September 1999, then your fic belongs here. If it picks up from the show in any way, it belongs here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, jbangelo, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

TrueDetective305
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Endless Spiral CC, Mature, Part 11 10/05/2015

Post by TrueDetective305 »

Yes! So excited there is an update. I'm just confused. Does Liz mean that the Max, Teas, Michael, and Isabel are closer to finding Max's son or is someone else from Antar close to finding them?
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh! Liz must be a little under stress, these days, :lol: and I wonder how and why, she accepted the job... :wink:

Thanks EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

I am curious about Liz's ties to the Granolith.
Kyle's comments always lighten the mood.......and I especially liked what he recognized in the Prince.........but Michael's hair took the prize.
So we have a name, rather nickname......Kai.
Thanks,
Carolyn
TrueDetective305
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by TrueDetective305 »

Gotta love Michael's hair. I'm curious how they all got these powers and why Liz needs to protect the Prince. And I love Kyle light heartness. I miss Alex being the same way, but I guess once you die and come back you lose your sense of humor.
mela3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mela3 »

I just read the whole fic. How did I not know about this? I am overwhelmed. It is so good. The writing, the storyline... I am speechless. More, more, more, please.
I like lots of things, but there are three things I like most: love, love... and love

- La Dolce Vita
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

bump, bump, i miss this one!
Comet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

AN 01/26/2016

Post by Comet »

Hello my lovelies!!

Thank God the site is back I was really worried for a while there!!

Thanks huge huge thank you and hugs to everyone still sticking with me!! I have two chapters of ES currently brewing, one with my beta, and the other almost ready to go to her as well, so keep an eye out for an update soon.

I love reading your feedback and thoughts on this story, please keep them coming, and if something is a little unclear, please ask so I can clarify-without giving away the story of course.

xoxoxo!
-Comet
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Endless Spiral CC, Mature, AN 01/26/2016

Post by saori_1902 »

Great news!!! cant wait :mrgreen:
Freefall2007
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Endless Spiral CC, Mature, AN 01/26/2016

Post by Freefall2007 »

Reread the last chapter so I am all ready for your update. Really liked the title of Chapter 11 “The Babysitter’s Club.” Reminded me of the books.

Kyle knows how to show a 5 year old a good time–pizza, sodas, and baseball. :lol: This is one of my favorite fics. Anxiously waiting for more! :D
Comet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Part 12 02/05/2016

Post by Comet »

12. Imprévu

End of summer 2002

The quarry 12 miles outside Roswell was one of those places every small town had, abandoned and off limits, secluded and just far enough from the beaten path and the prying eyes of adults in charge to be endlessly alluring to daring kids and teenagers looking for a bit of privacy. The fact that it was near water and therefore had some sort of ‘view’ didn’t hurt either.

Currently, it was occupied by teenagers, but unlike most of their peers, Liz Parker, Maria DeLuca and Kyle Valenti had never come out here for the happy, and fairly innocent pursuits of underage drinking or making out with a crush. No, their uses for the quarry usually centered around long discussions on whether the Ties were still watching them, or working out the least suspicious reason to trek out to the desert to check on the alien artifacts they’d hidden out there, mixed in with occasional fearful talks about hostile Tourists, and whether or not they were still on their radar. Today, on the eve of their departure for college, the topics were slightly less serious and of a wholly normal nature.

Liz crossed her arms in exasperation and glared. “It is not funny.”

In response, Maria and Kyle simply cackled harder, almost in unison, and clearly in complete disagreement with the emphatic statement she had just uttered. She pursed her lips as she watched them laugh, trying to maintain the disgruntled expression on her face, but it was hard, given that she felt more embarrassed instead. And who could blame her? After all, her mother had dropped an entire box of condoms (assorted sizes, no less) into the suitcase she was packing for Chicago. Nancy Parker had then soundly ignored Liz when she had instantly recoiled, and proceeded to give her a speech about how she knew that college was a time for experimentation and self discovery, but she should still go about it as smartly as she had done everything else in her life, and the condoms were just a precaution. The entire ordeal had lasted the most mortifying five minutes of her life, and at the end of it, Liz had been ready and willing to join a convent if her mom would just stop talking. She’d shared the story with the step-siblings in the hope of gaining some sympathy, but instead…

“Why do I even bother telling you two these things? It’s not funny!” She insisted.

“Yes it is. It’s the funniest thing I’ve ever…oh my God,” Maria wheezed and brushed away tears of laughter, but upon catching sight of Liz's glower, cleared her throat. “Okay, okay. I’m sorry Lizzie.” Nudging her stepbrother, she attempted to school her face into properly sympathetic lines. "And Kyle's sorry too."

Liz eyed Kyle, still snorting, and was utterly unconvinced. "No he's not."

"You're right, I'm not," Blue eyes dancing, Kyle nodded his agreement, but then in deference to Liz's recent trauma, finally stopped laughing. Liz uttered a sigh of relief, and steered the conversation back to less scarring topics.

"How's it going over at your house?"

Maria shrugged and settled herself more comfortably on the hood of the Jetta, stretching her arms out behind her luxuriously. "As expected. The usual mix of dramatics, crying, and arguing. Typical day in the DeLuca-Valenti household."

"Your mom's already crying?" Amused, Liz shook her head. "We haven't even left yet."

"Ha! Amy DeLuca's daughter is the first DeLuca who will be attending college. She’s practically about to throw me onto the plane, she's so excited." The blonde girl smirked in Kyle's direction and nudged him once more. "No, it's the Sheriff who's having trouble letting go of his little itty bitty baby boy."

Kyle rolled his eyes and nudged her right back. "Hey, he got something in his eye okay!" Both girls shot him disbelieving looks and Kyle's defense crumbled under the scrutiny. "No, he was totally crying. I'm hoping he'll have it all worked out of him by the time we get to the airport because it's going to be really embarrassing otherwise."

Liz smiled and raised an eyebrow at him. "More embarrassing than your mom practically encouraging you to go forth and have orgies?"

"Good point, Parker. You might have us all beat."

"Yeah, yeah." Basking in the glow of the sun, Liz spared a moment to wonder at the almost foreign feeling that had settled over them. It felt suspiciously like contentment, spurred along by discussions of the future, and for once, possibilities of what lay ahead overshadowed what lay in their past. For one blissful afternoon, they were the normal teenagers they tried so hard to be. It had been so long since that had been true that she had almost forgotten what it felt like.

Later, she would realize that it was a good thing she hadn’t gotten used to it, for it certainly didn’t last.

"Order up!"

"Thanks Jose!"

Pivoting gracefully on her heel, Liz grabbed the baskets of Saturn rings and Eclipse dogs and wove her way expertly through the CrashDown, dodging customers and fellow waiters and waitresses alike. The I'm-a-happy-waitress smile she always wore when working a touch more genuine than usual, and her request for the table to enjoy the food equally so. It was her last shift as a CrashDown waitress, after all, and although she couldn't truthfully say she would miss the uniform or the job desperately, there was something to be said for the familiarity and the routine. Even when her life had been falling apart, there were always hungry customers to serve, and a smile to paste onto her face, and the mantra that if she could get through one more shift, she could get through one more day too. If nothing else, she could appreciate it for that.

“Looking hot in that uniform, Parker!”

“Work it, girl!”

The raucous calls and whistles from Maria and Kyle’s usual booth made Liz roll her eyes and stick her tongue out at them while the pair responded by blowing kisses and winking at her, respectively. By some unspoken agreement, the trio was spending as much time together as they could, and tonight’s plans included a movie, and then a very rare appearance at a party being thrown by one of guys Kyle had been on the football team with. It would be a travesty, the younger Valenti declared, for them to leave Roswell without getting completely and utterly trashed at least one more time. Liz would have happily skipped that particular last hurrah, but her need to be with Maria and Kyle had overridden the reluctance, for their upcoming separation, thousands of miles apart from each other, was going to be…difficult to say the least. It was true, they were only going to be a phone call away, but it was still going to be a drastic change from seeing each other every day, and having instant, physical proof that they were safe and whole.

Maria was leaving first, New York bound on a red eye four days from now. Kyle was flying to Austin next, and then finally, Liz would head off to Chicago, the last of the original group of humans who had shared the secret of the hybrids. It was the end of an era, and she had yet to decide how she really felt about it. Guilt, fear and excitement rolled about in a relentless tangle and had given her countless sleepless nights, driving her to Alex's grave more than once, which was a strange mixture of comfort and punishment in itself. Maria was of the opinion that trying to make sense of it all was an impossible task and she should just let it lie, and Liz was just about ready to agree with her. Who knew, maybe distance would finally give her the perspective she needed to succeed. At any rate, not having to be surrounded by the ghosts of the past would definitely do wonders.

"Liz, could you take table 4? He's been on a steady diet of coffee and more coffee so if you can't get him to order something else, maybe dropping his check off will be a good enough hint?”

Giving Shelly the thumbs up, Liz checked her watch and readied her order pad. Twenty minutes left, and another chapter of her life would close and bring her one step closer to the next one, and then all she had to do was make it through a sappy romance movie and possibly another night of watching Kyle barf into a trashcan. The image conjured up a conversation that had happened early one morning many years ago, but it didn’t hurt as much as it once had. Perhaps it was because unlike how it was back then, she would happily take care of a drunk Kyle now, for it meant he was alive enough to make decisions, even bad ones, when many others were not. Shaking off the dangerous train of thought, she stepped up to table 4.

“Hi there. Welcome to the CrashDown. Can I interest you in some pie to go with your coffee? We have the best pecan in town.” There was silence, and Liz glanced up from her order pad. “Sir?”

The customer, a lone man with a head of close-cropped silver hair, said nothing. She was about to repeat her question, thinking that perhaps he’d been too lost in thought to hear her, when he shifted and looked up. As a gaze colder than ice met hers, her immediate reaction was to still and the second was to back away, alarm skittering up and down her spine, because this man despised her. Liz couldn’t explain how she knew that, but it was as true and certain as the sunrise. She opened her mouth, and hadn’t yet decided if she would be demanding who he was or that he leave or simply just scream for the hell of it, but he beat her to the punch and finally spoke.

“Has it started?”

The words were quiet and brought her up short.

“Excuse me?”

“Has. It. Started?”

The exaggerated drawl did nothing to soothe, especially when he was still studying her in a way that suggested he was looking at a particularly heinous form of bug. Bolstering her nerves, she answered in what she hoped was a steady tone of voice.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

He stared long enough for her to gather the backbone to tell him to leave, but then cut her legs out from under her by getting ready to go before she could say anything. A twenty-dollar bill was tossed onto the tabletop, and he shrugged on a very expensive looking black coat.

“You will.” His response sounded like a promise and Liz couldn’t help but wince as he held her gaze once more before he finally left. She stayed motionless long enough to be startled when someone touched her on the arm, and met Kyle’s concerned eyes.

“Hey. Didn’t you hear me?”

“Sorry! I must’ve…” Liz smoothed her hair away from her face in agitation and fiddled with her order pad. “I-Kyle did you recognize that man?”

“What man?” He glanced in the direction of the door, and at the look on her face, drew her closer protectively. “Are you all right? What did he say to you?”

“I’m fine. He was asking about whether something had started, I think. He wasn’t making any sense.”

Kyle’s handsome face was drawn into a frown and he looked over at Maria, who was watching the two of them with interest. “Do we need to call my dad?”

Something in Liz twisted at the suggestion. It was probably the safest, most prudent thing to do, but it would undoubtedly cast a pall on the lighthearted mood of the last few days and hammer home the fact that they couldn’t let their guard down, ever. She stared up at Kyle and then glanced at Maria as well. Her best friend was laughing with a few of their former classmates who had stopped to say hi, looking relaxed and happy and it was a rare enough sight that she couldn’t help but smile. Straightening, she decided that their last days in Roswell shouldn’t be marred by fear, not when they were so close to finally escaping from the constant reminders of those who were gone.

“No.” She forced herself to relax and patted Kyle’s hand reassuringly, hoping the small smile she’d fixed onto her face looked genuine enough to convince him. “We don’t. He was probably asking if we could get something started, I misheard him the first time. He was just another random creeper. Don’t worry. It was nothing.”

And in the grand scheme of how things played out, it certainly was, because two days later, she would collapse at the farewell dinner their parents had insisted on throwing the three of them. Blinding pain, of the likes she hadn’t felt since the last time they had been in the pod chamber ripped through her skull, and she would convulse and scream in agony while her terrified parents attempted to hold her, while the Sheriff called for an ambulance, and Kyle, Maria and Amy stared on helplessly, unable to do a thing.

She would be out for three days, providing a medical mystery for the doctors who could offer no explanation for why she had fallen into a coma, or for the presence of a tumor that simply hadn’t been there during her last check up only a few months ago. They also couldn’t explain why she would suddenly wake up, good as new, but for the seizures that would wrack her from time to time, when she had never been prone to them before. It was apparent that while she was ready to leave, Roswell wouldn’t be giving her up without a fight, and certainly without one last parting gift.

When Liz Parker finally made it to the University of Chicago, she arrived with her suitcases, a backpack filled with binders and empty notebooks, a prescription list a mile long… and a disturbing tendency for electric green energy to traverse over her skin. Too busy trying to be normal, especially with the latest complication in her life, she never once noticed the silver haired man who watched her every move.

FIN.
Last edited by Comet on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.