Transmogrification... (UC, Z/L, FF, Teen) Complete 3/17

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

darkmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Transmogrification... (UC, Z/L, FF, Teen) Complete 3/17

Post by darkmoon »

Title: Transmogrification and Spaceman Spiff
Disclaimer:The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine . If I did, Zan would have lived. It would have been a good day. Also I got the title from "Calvin and Hobbes". "Calvin and Hobbes" is own by Bill Watterson.
Pairing: Zan/Liz; mention of Kyle/Ava, hints of Max/Maria, past mention of Max/Liz & Michael/Maria
Rating: Teen
Summary: Zan decided he isn't going to sit back and let Max stay single.
Author's Note: This is Burningchaos' fault. She came up with the title. This is for Burningchaos, Ansleyrocks, totallizfan, tinie38, forever dreamer, KiaraAlexisKlay and everyone else who has commented on both of my Zan/Liz fics. The two fic before this one is The Marrying Kind http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... =5&t=18569 and Who Says Romance Is Dead? http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... =5&t=18577.

“What are we doing again?” Liz whispered as she looked over at Max’s booth through the window of the employee longue of the Crashdown. “I mean you called me here. Yet, I’m stuck in the back, and people we know are in the front. I don’t care how much you enjoy showing off we aren’t having sex with Max in the other room.”

Zan growled. “I’m setting up the Emo Princess.”

“Why?” Liz looked over at Zan with a bland look. She knew why, she just didn’t want to give Zan the satisfaction of pointing out, once again, that she was his.

“If he’s tapping someone else, he stops sniffing ‘round you.” Zan glared at Max through the window.

“Tapping?” Liz placed a hand to her face. She could feel it heating up with both embarrassment and horror. “Ava and I have to cut down your play time with Kyle. You’re picking up words from him.”

“Good thing I didn’t bring him, then.” Ava’s voice chuckled behind them.

“I’s not sure I likes da new lingo.” Zan muttered.

“You’re just not happy that I spend that time in Ohio and lost my accent.” Ava smirked.

“What’s in Ohio? Corn? Cow? How’s dat fun?” Zan turned from his spot at the door.

“What’s behind the door, Zan?”

“Not’ing.” Zan glared.

“Zan’s childish plan to kick start Max into dating again.” Liz grumbled from under her hand.

“I ‘dink Zan need ta stop worrying about Maxie, and start trying to marry ya.” Ava let herself start to slip into her old accent.

“Ava, we’ve discussed this. We’ve discussed how Zan and I have discussed this. No. He doesn’t want to, and I’m happy where I am.” Liz lifted her head. Her face was schooled to show no emotion.

Zan seemed slightly disturbed by this. “Aves, just 'cause you found happiness in Jockstrap, don’t mean we all need to jump on da band wagon.”

“Zan, you be da man, but shut it.” Ava placed a hand between Zan and herself.

“Whats?” Zan blinked confused.

Liz laughed at Ava and Zan’s antics, until she noticed Ava staring at her. “What’s wrong, Ava?”

“I just wantcha happy, Liz.”

“I am happy. Zan makes me very happy. We just aren’t the type that will end up down the aisle.” Liz took Ava’s hands in hers. “Remember what we talked about when you came back? I don’t want to have anymore things on my conscious. I’m allowed to be happy now. I’m taking that with both hands and not letting go.” Liz smiled softly.

Zan looked away. He almost felt like he was intruding. Liz and Ava had a bond, and it wasn’t over the fact that Ava had dated him, while Liz currently dating him. He scratched his head. He didn’t like the term dating. It meant that it could end at any moment. He and Liz were permanent. Maybe it was time for him to prove that the world didn’t end if little Lizzie Parker got married. Zan turned his head back to the door. He just wished he could give her more then what he had.

Zan breathed a sigh of relief. Maria had finally made it and was currently sitting with Max. After Michael and Maria had broken up for the final time, Zan decided that if Maria wanted Michael to be more like Max, why not just date Max. It gave Michael the much needed rest from the Hurricane, and kept Max busy with someone not Liz. Zan mentally patted himself on the back. He did have wonderful ideas; even if he did get some help from Kyle on this one.

He turned back to see Liz and Aves hugging. He reminded himself that he would never understand the women folk. It was easier not to even try. With a stroke of his goatee, he wondered if he could really do it. Zan reminded himself that he had successfully got Emo on a date. So what if they didn’t realize it was a date. He knew it was a date.

Zan grabbed a fork from one of the trays. He concentrated at moving the molecules. It wouldn’t be perfect, and it was kind of rushed. But Zan felt that it was the best time. How many times do you have your rival and the parental unit in the same room? Zan smirked, and grabbed Liz’s hand. “I’ve gots to show you something.” Zan looked over at Ava. “Aves, you too.”

With a push of the door, Zan pulled Liz into the dinning room of the Crashdown. “Yo, everyones’ shut it!”

The silence that followed was deafening. The entire place looked both annoyed and confused by Zan. Jeff Parker looked ready to yell at him. With a quick glance, Zan noticed Ava nodding.

Liz’s eyes widened as Zan got down on one knee. “I may not be every ‘ding your parents want for ya, but I loves ya. Liz, you makes me want to be better. I hate… I hate not having words. So I going to say it once. Elizabeth Parker, will you marry me?” Zan held the ring that had started its life as a fork, his normal arrogance gone with a scared look in his eyes.

“Yes?” Liz looked confused, scared and giddy.

Zan didn’t know how anyone could be all those emotions at the same time, but she had said yes. “I’m da Man!” Zan jumped up, picking up Liz and swung her in a circle.

“Thank you.” Liz kissed Zan softly, her face shining with an enormous smile.

“Naw, Angel. Thank you. Nows don’t let your daddy kills me.” Zan smiled back.
My Author's Page ~ Click on picture

I will never know the sweet love of Milk! ~ Khivar in Through The Looking Glass