Spiritual Healing (UC,A/K, Mature) 1/1 ~ complete~ 9/9/08

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Spiritual Healing (UC,A/K, Mature) 1/1 ~ complete~ 9/9/08

Post by jake17 »

amazing banner by dreamer19 :D
Title: Spiritual Healing
Author: jake17
Disclaimer: I own nothing Roswell
Rating: Mature
Parings: Ava and Kyle
Summary: Finding that time is not on her side Ava accidentally finds someone that heals her heart and calms her fears.
Authors Note: This story is for darkmoon. Sweetie you are just the best! I am praying that you will like this. I figured since you could write a dreamer for me I could try writing a Alleyleader fic for you… Is that right?? I know you told me but I can't remember :wink:
Thank you for being your wonderful genius self! So happy you showed up on my chat that day!
:D :wink: Oh and Laura if you happen to read this Happy Birthday!! :D

Carrie :D

Jo’s Bar
Some little town in up state New York

Kyle leaned back against the bar stool and looked up at the award winning stuffed Salmon and sighed.

“It’s a beauty isn’t it chief?”

“My name is Kyle and as far as fish go I guess you can say that”

Kyle silently wondered what poor soul messed up so bad in his life that he ended up being reincarnated as a fish.

“If you don’t mind me asking you don’t seem like a fishermen what are ya doing in these neck of the woods.”

Kyle smiled at the pudgy balding man wearing a “got fish” tee shirt and shook his head.

“Oh it’s a long boring story and you probably wouldn’t believe me if I told you -

“Plus if he told you he’d probably have to kill you”

Kyle spun around to find the source of the sugary sweet voice that was coming from behind him.

“Oh my god it's you! How?"

Ava laughed as she slid onto the bar stool next to him throwing her duffle bag onto the floor.

Kyle’s head fell into his hands as he muttered to the bartender… “Hit me again Jo”

“No problem one more coke coming right up”

“Coke?”

“You sure you want to do that to yourself Buddha boy? Are you driving tonight?”

“You may think it’s corny but I refuse to poison my body with mind altering alcohol.”

“That’s cool. You know I can’t either. We can both be boringly sober together.”

Ava tapped the bar glancing up to Jo letting him know that she would be having the same.

She took off her leather jacket and slung it over the back of the stool and stretched her arms up over her head.

Kyle watched in amazement. Ava snapped her gum and fluffed out her blond purple streaked hair.

“Sooo?”

“So what?”

“So are you going to explain to me why you are here in the middle of no where, and how you happened to end up at the same god forsaken hole in the wall bar as me?

“Kyle are you forgetting who or I should say what I am?”

“Like that is possible?”

Ava laughed as she admired Kyle’s boyish good looks and athletic body. Her violet eyes locked with his for just a second making Kyle suddenly very warm.

“Well I guess we are pretty hard to forget. I just had to get away I wasn’t having the best time back in the city. So I borrowed a car and just started driving until I felt something strange”

“Strange?”

“Yeah, you know like a pull or a force. I had to come in here. Didn’t know why at the time but now I get it.”

Ava’s eyes fell to his lips making Kyle suddenly forget how to breathe.

After a few seconds Ava broke her silence and leaned up against the bar putting her chin in her hands.

“What the hell are you doing here? Aren’t you a little far from home?”

”My dad.”

“You mean the Sheriff?”

“Yeah things were getting a little out of control with the …you know. I guess he thought it would be a good bonding trip. The two of us out here fishing on the lake forgetting about Roswell for awhile. It’s supposed to be the perfect time of year to catch some big salmon.”

Ava’s voice lowered in what sounded like disappointment.

“Oh so you’re here with your dad”

Was here with him. Of course he gets called back to Roswell for some new important case that they just can’t handle without him”

A big smile came across her face as she took another sip of her soda.

“Shiny”

“What?”

“Oh nothing. That’s too bad about you and your dad.”

“It’s no big deal. I just can’t believe I’m stuck in this little backwards town for the weekend”

“What do you mean stuck?”

“Well the hotel is paid for and everything. My dad thought it would be good for me to stay. You know just to get away from...

“Yeah I get it.”

“You can imagine my surprise when you walked through the door”

Ava leaned back and tilted her head sideways biting her bottom lip.

“So was it a good surprise or a bad surprise?”

Kyle’s heart started to race wondering if she was actually flirting with him.

“O-oh definitely a good surprise”

His stutter told her everything she needed to know.

For hours they talked and laughed together often shocked at how much they really had in common. She was struck at how sweet and caring he really was. He seemed more vulnerable then the others and in a way an outsider in his world ...which is exactly how she felt.

Glancing at the clock on the wall she became sad at just how little time she had left. She couldn't handle being alone...not tonight.

She looked over the poor excuse for a band and put her hand out to him.

“You want to dance Kyle?”

“S-Sure”

Suddenly Ava became shy as he took her tiny hand and led her out onto the floor. It was dead that night and they were the only ones in the bar. The darkness was a welcome cover for them both as they bashfully moved towards each other.

Kyle gently placed his hands on her waist while Ava slid her arms around his back pulling him closer to her.

She was so soft and warm in his arms he couldn’t help but whisper in her ear.

“This is very um … unexpected.”

Ava looked up into his eyes and for a moment and felt very safe…like this is just where she was supposed to be.

As the music played they found themselves lost in a world that had nothing to do with aliens or danger. It was just the two of them and suddenly it felt very …right.

Ava closed her eyes when his hand cupped her cheek. She leaned into his touch needing so badly to feel the affection and love that she had been without for so long.

She feared that time was slipping away too fast and they didn’t have a moment to waste.

She opened her eyes and parted her lips sighing in relief when he captured her for a gentle soft kiss.

Their bodies drifted closer both seeking out an unspoken need that was desperate for both of them.

Their kiss became demanding and urgent as the heat between them increased with every movement they made together as they danced in the shadows.

They were both becoming breathless as their hands sought out the warm body that was opposite them.

Suddenly Ava broke away from him and without a word took his hand and led him off the dance floor.

She picked up her jacket and gave him a look as she walked towards the door.

Kyle immediately understood and led her down the street to his hotel.

They walked in complete silence until he opened the door to his room turned the light on.

“Can I get you anything?”

His voice was soft and low. He was trying hard to make himself believe that this was actually happening.

Ava didn’t say a word. She just stood there looking up at him with her sweet inviting eyes.

Slowly he walked up to her and raised his hand behind her to turn the light off.

He gasped when he felt her shaky hands slide underneath his sweater raising it over his head.

Ava widened her eyes as she gazed over his bare chest that was bathed in the moonlight.

Taking a deep breath she dropped her coat and lifted her shirt over her head.

Kyle took her by the wrists and gently whispered to her.

“Are you sure about this?”

A slow nod answered his question and he released his grip letting her shirt fall to the floor.

As his eyes fell over her tiny body his desire for her became too much to control.

He quickly lifted her in the air and held her against the wall wrapping her legs firmly around his waist.

His mouth fell against her breasts as he kissed swirled his tongue around her hardened peaks.

A loud moan escaped her lips as her head fell back against the wall.

“Touch me Kyle”

Quickly he turned and laid her across the bed.

They stared hungrily at each other as they discarded the rest of their clothes.

They were both shaking when he covered her tiny body with his.

He reached out and brushed her hair away from her eyes needing to see her face.

“Ava please open your eyes.”

Slowly her large violet gaze was part of him, a part that he would never be able to forget.

They made love all night forming a connection that would never be broken.

Finally from pure exhaustion they fell asleep in each others arms.

In the morning he woke to find her gone. His sleepy eyes noticed a note on the pillow next to him.

Already feeling the loss of her he slowly opened the white paper.

Kyle,

I had one night left,
One last night in this world
Thank you for sharing it
with me
I will never forget you…

Ava

Kyle rushed to his feet desperately trying to get dressed as fast as he could. As he quickly made his way down the hallway of the hotel he ran into a maid pushing a large cart into an open room.

"Son is everything ok?"

"Yes everything's great!"

Kyle whispered under his breath as he pushed open the double doors and ran outside.

"It will be as soon as I find her and convince her to stay...

~ The End ~

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare