Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, MATURE) Complete 2/12/13

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) 10/18

Post by Ashita »

Sundae: Yeah, I usually go subtler on Michael's jealousy, less obvious, but I think in this instance it was more that it was Rath, who in essence is kind of his twin and I could see that it would make him act out little more than say...Max or Kyle. But I did in the last drabble have him admit that he loved her. Thanks!

K - Yeah, I know. I would love to make this happy for them all, but this is they way it worked out. Can't always make everyone, all the time. At least not yet. Maybe later....

AN: So this isn't the next in that series but I promise it will come soon as I have the dialogue written and just need to fill in the scene. This is a set of drabbles I did tonight based on RH prompts and they are each exactly 100 words, each of them leading into the next and creating a little story. Beware Max lovers, I'm not outright mean or bashing on him, but I don't portray him in the best light in this series.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broken Vow

Hollow. That’s how he made her feel every time he looked at her absently, smiling benignly, not even kissing her cheek, but the air next to it as he left.

As if she was substance-less, a ghost, a wisp, nothing more than a curl of smoke, nothing more than a faded dream; clenching her eyes, tears rained over golden cheeks as she wondered when this chasm developed.

Cold reality setting in – the useless lies, the great promise tarnished, the sacred vow broken as he hurried to his new love, making new promises and dreams, leaving her to face the void.

Based on the prompt: empty

*~*~*~*~*

Don’t Let Go

Breakable, fragile, brittle – they were not the words he would have associated with her all those years ago when she stood before him, eyes glowing with fierce bronze light despite the way her body trembled.

She had been so alive, flushed cheeks, red lips, glowing skin and the bright shine of innocence still clinging to the soft curve of her cheek - beautiful in heart and mind and body.

Still was despite the other man’s systematic destruction of her life and confidence; but so delicate, weightless, broken, he was afraid she’d blow away; she’d disappear before he could save her.

Based on the prompt: shell

*~*~*~*~*

A Taste of Freedom

She looked around the room once more, the echo of anger, tears, heartaches filling her ears, taunting her as she shut the bag with a decisive snick, moving it to the door with the rest of her luggage.

He had berated, accused, cried, begged and then closed down as he always did when he couldn’t accept the truth right in front of him. Once it would have moved her until she cajoled, pleaded, tempted, beguiled and then caved, promising to repent.

But pretty words no longer touched her; she didn’t care for supposed romantic, grand gestures. She was finally free.

Based on the prompt: limit

*~*~*~*~*

Blue Notes

He studied her quietly from the shadows, bathed in blue moonlight, as she stared idly out the window, the soft lighting casting a halo over her hair and sighed as his eyes danced away, fixing blindly on the wall.

She came to him ten nights ago, seeking sanctuary, deep mourning yet firm resolve etched in chocolate eyes, water trails drying to her cheeks as she announced she was through wasting her tears on a man that deserved none.

Leaning against the door, he turned caramel irises to her, wishing he had a clue what was running behind that cool façade.

Based on the prompt: Blue

*~*~*~*~*

Not So Shining Armor

He didn’t wear white, didn’t carry a sword or a lance, although she could easily picture him in armor; just not of the shiny variety as he would say it would attract too much attention and defeat the point of stealth.

He never flew to her rescue unnecessarily, or tried to slay her dragons; he didn’t coddle or treat her like glass or trap her in a tower, but handed her a weapon and told her to march, forced her to stand on her own two feet.

But despite the rough edges, in her eyes, he stood above the rest.

Based on the prompt: Champion

*~*~*~*~*

Music To My Ears

It was music to his ears, that light, sweet lilt spilling over the edge of the sofa where she’d curled up, the notes creeping over his skin like a caress, teasing a smile over full lips.

It’d been far too long since he’d heard that laugh, unrestrained, unfettered and full of joy as if reverberating out of her very soul; not the strained, broken chuckle that he’d become used to over the months they’d shared an apartment.

Eyes twinkling, he teased her foot again, just to hear it once more, his grin deepening as two gazes met in shared mirth.

Based on the prompt: Melody

*~*~*~*~*

Quiet Moments

She stared idly over his arm, leaning lightly into his side as he sketched the scene before them, his face a mask of concentration as fingers flew over the page, in complete awe of the beauty that emerged from those powerful hands.

Licking her lips, her breath stuttered and she blushed as intense whiskey irises lifted from the sketchbook momentarily, meeting her own for a moment before she looked down, embarrassed to be caught watching him again, missing his quiet smirk.

Looking up, her heart pounded and nose scrunched as he smeared charcoal onto it, laughing heartily at her expression.

Based on the prompt: Heal

*~*~*~*~*

Unfulfilled Desires

Drops chased over golden hills and settled into bronzed valleys, places he shouldn’t be observing, but couldn’t help himself, as she rose from the water, unaware that he’d accidentally walked into the room.

Breath caught in his throat, he ripped covetous eyes away and clenched a fist, fire rippling over his senses as he quickly backed out of the room five seconds too late and leaned a damp brow against the cool wood barrier, heart pounding as a low groan ripped through his throat and tore away, swearing to put it out of his mind.

It was; they were impossible.

Based on the prompt: Water

*~*~*~*~*

Beautiful Mystery

Lying on their blanket, she watched him through sable lashes, her heart thrumming as he closed his eyes and tipped his face to the sun, tawny waves tumbling over his shoulders, lighting with golden fire. Beautiful.

Wetting parched lips, she closed her eyes, mind a confusing cacophony that churned violently inside, taunting and confounding her usual logical thought patterns.

He was a delicious enigma - bold yet modest, brusque yet gentle, fearless yet cautious – a puzzle that tempted yet terrified, making her stomach jump, her blood pulse and left her nerves unsettled.

When had she fallen in love with him?

Based on the prompt: Mysterious

*~*~*~*~*

Flash Point

Fire rippled over his senses, searing its way over raw nerves and heated his blood to near incineration as her lips descended, crushing against his, her damp mouth moving over his sweetly, softly at first, then picking up in intensity as he dragged her into the cradle of his body.

Devouring the moist, pink flesh hungrily, he gripped her tightly, flipping her over onto her back, pinning her deeper into the couch cushions, sweat-kissed curves melting into firm, muscled plains as he rocked against her, his mind whirling at the implications of her actions.

God, could this really be happening?

Based on the prompt: Flame

*~*~*~*~*

Sweet Treat

She stared at the tiny, twine-wrapped box sitting on her desk and opened it, a smile breaking across her face to find it filled to the brim with the decadent candies that had become her favorite treat, and obsession, since their first kiss.

Plucking one out, she ripped into the clear cellophane gleefully and popped the salted caramel into her mouth, eyes closing in bliss as the flavors burst over her palate. Sucking on the confection, she moaned softly as it slid down her throat and he chuckled, replacing the sweet with her true addiction – his soft, full, warm lips.

Based on the prompt: Candy

*~*~*~*~*

New Beginning

Pulling a black velvet box from his jacket pocket, he flicked the lid back, staring at the bauble that was about to change his life indefinitely and heart pounding in his ears, blood pulsing, he sunk to one knee and staring up into bright ebony eyes, he took her hand in his. Licking his lips nervously, he took a deep, shaky breath and stomach swirling; he smiled tremulously.

“I love you, marry me?” he whispered, throat clogging with the emotion.

“Yes,” she replied giddily, swallowing thickly and smiling as he slid the ring on her finger, eyes shining with happiness.

Based on the prompt: Charm

*~*~*~*~*

I Thee Wed

Smoothing down the thick, creamy fabric, she stared at herself in the full length mirror, this dress so different from her first, its simple, elegant lines and smattering of lace and beading more suitable for who she was today; a woman grown, not a child bride.

Picking up the gauzy veil, she smiled radiantly, her eyes sparkling with life, cheeks tinted pink, red lips glistening and her skin glowing, this time with love instead of innocence as she sank onto her stool gracefully and tilted her head as her mother pinned it in place, heart fluttering in anticipation and joy.

Based on the prompt: Lace

*~*~*~*~*

Pink and Blue

Whiskey eyes misted, shining with wonder as he slid his hand over the delicate curve of her stomach, the bump smooth and warm under his hand; his hand glowing softly as he connected to his children for the first time, their faint humming buzz of life rippling over his senses. Swallowing thickly, he tipped his face to hers, a wide smile spreading over his face as curious chocolate eyes met his.

“Well?” she asked, nudging at him impatiently, huffing when he pretended to think it over, a teasing light in his eyes.

“Two,” he whispered. “A boy and a girl.”

Based on the prompt: Balance
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) 11/4

Post by Ashita »

Thanks Barbara and K. Love to see your comments and get your feed back. I really enjoyed linking those drabbles and unfortunately, they sparked a series of song fics that I'll post once they are completed as I found a song to fit most of the drabbles.

AN: Tag to Covet, Inevitable, Temptation, Decisions and Impasse. The end of the series. I'll leave the rest up to your dirty little minds.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Declaration

Flicking wary eyes open, Liz quietly studied the man in front of her, pulse thrumming wildly and breath caught in her throat as his fanned over her warmly when he leaned closer. Swallowing thickly, she unfurled her arms, splaying her hands across his chest, pushing him back just the slightest, querying in a low, controlled voice, throat convulsing just the slightest when bourbon eyes flashed dangerously. “So just how much did it bother you that Rath was being more honest than you?”

“Screw that,” he rasped heatedly, his voice strained, shoulders tensing at her contentious words, and he pulled back sharply, stung by the cool expression on her face in the wake of his confession. Narrowing his eyes, he compressed his lips, knowing full well that she was doing what he had been doing – pushing him away to protect herself. And yes, it might make him a hypocrite, but he’d be damned if he let her shut him out. Leaning in, he loomed over her, bracing one hand on the wood behind her as he pointed his finger between the two of them. “This has nothing to do with Rath.”

“Doesn’t it?” she lofted coolly, crossing her arms over her chest, fixing him with a disbelieving moue, her own lips compressing under the onslaught of his fierce, fiery glare, and squared her shoulders as she pushed back, her own eyes spitting an icy fire. Arching a brow when he grunted in frustration, she stood her ground, unwilling to allow him to intimidate her after everything that had happened.

“No. Jesus you’re infuriating. I love you,” Michael grunted, exasperation coloring his voice as he drug his hands through his hair, pinning her with a smoldering glance, his body nearly vibrating with frustration. Flicking a reflective, brooding gaze over the petite brunette, his lips thinned and he pulled himself up, back steeling as he vowed in a low, controlled voice. “And if I have to go out there right now and declare it to our friends before you believe me, so be it.”

“Michael?” she whispered, her face clouding at he smiled grimly, spinning on his heel, her eyes widening slightly as she realized he was going to make good on that last threat as he stalked determinedly down the stairs. “Michael, what are you doing?”

“Proving to you once and for all that I’m serious,” he tossed over his shoulder, pausing just the slightest moment in his descent to fix her with an inscrutable glance, snorting at her incredulous expression before he continued downwards.

“Wait, Michael…” Liz called, pushing off the door and huffing when he continued on as if he hadn’t heard a word she said, and scrambled after him hurriedly, clambering down the steps and stating breathlessly. “We should talk about this…”

“No,” Michael refuted firmly as he hit the bottom and strode purposefully towards the swinging door that lead to the dining area, where several of their friends were crammed into their usual booth for lunch, his long, swift strides making it impossible for her to catch up. “Done talking.”

“You aren’t seriously going to…” Liz huffed, her breath coming in shallow pants as she ran after him, almost reaching him as he pushed the door open with a loud smack, the noise and their bickering garnering the attention of the entire dining room, especially four curious sets of eyes in the first booth.

“I’m going to do whatever I have to do to make you realize I want you,” he grated, looming over her as she came to a standstill in the doorway, trapping her against the frame as whiskey-tinted fire poured over her, making her breath catch in her throat as she stared at him wide-eyed before he spun once more and head toward their friends.

“Michael!” she gasped, scurrying after him, her cheeks flushing as the patrons watched and unsuccessfully tried to hide their smiles and knowing glances, and ducked her head slightly, her eyes simmering with slight irritation. God, the man was so damn aggravating; why the hell did she put up with him?

“I love you, do you hear me?” he nearly shouted, frustration clearly etched into his face as he spun back around, crossing his arms over his chest as she skidded to a halt in front of him, her cheeks flaming as she ran a hand through her hair and fidgeted under his heated regard. Stepping up to her, until her nose nearly touched his chest, forcing her to crane her neck to meet his eyes, he cocked a brow and dared her to argue with him now.

“I think everyone heard that, Fezzik” Kyle lofted dryly, a smirk touching his lips as he shared an amused look with his wife, Isabel, and with Ava and Max who were sitting directly across from them, snickering when Michael shot him an irritated glance.

“Shove it, Vizzini,” he bit out, flicking him with a scathing glare before turning back to the gaping brunette. “I love that little crinkle you get in the middle of your forehead when you’re analyzing something to death. Like now,” he stated tightly, tapping her on the forehead as his frustration got the better of him. “I love that one side of your mouth quirks higher than the other when you’re trying not to laugh. I love that you chew on you lip when you’re worried, that you tug on your hair when you’re nervous and that you twist your rings when you’re feeling insecure.”

“I love that you try to rationalize and compartmentalize every thought, feeling, mood and event, even though you drive me crazy when you’re doing it,” he groused, pushing against her until their bodies brushed and merged, his heart hammering against hers as he stared at her covetously. “I love that you snort reluctantly at my bad jokes, that you sing off key in the shower and that you snore when you’re in a deep sleep.”

“I…I do not,” she spluttered, taking a step back to put some much needed distance between them so she could think clearly, her breath snagging and holding when he just followed and crowded her once more. Huffing again, she crossed her arms over her chest, her lips pouting slightly when he snorted and rested his hands on his hips, leaning down and stated succinctly. “You do.”

“Want to know how I know this?” he asked, cocking a brow and smirking when she tossed him a disgruntled moue, both now completely oblivious to their rapt, grinning audience, their friends exchanging entertained looks as the diner came to a screeching halt. “Because at night, when I can’t sleep, I’ll stand in your door and watch you because seeing you, being near you, brings me a level of peace that I can’t explain. Because as much as I tell myself I should stay away, that I shouldn’t drag you into the danger that is my existence, I can’t.”

Liz chewed on her lip thoughtfully, the air ripped from her lungs like a sucker punch to the gut as his words washed over her, warming her to the core despite her hesitation, and she swallowed thickly as he wrapped his hands around her upper arms, his face softening when he pressed his forehead to hers, rasping softly as he stroked her cheek.

“Which is why I act short with you; which is why I push you away and feed you bullshit excuses like we can’t happen because I don’t want to hurt them,” he confessed, eyes dancing over her upturned face, shrugging as he gestured to the booth. “The truth is, I’m no good at this, I know I will eventually hurt you; I know you deserve better. But when you’re near me, I forget all of that and get so lost in you….”

“Are…are you done?” she asked shakily as he trailed of into silence, trying to rebuild the wall that had kept her safe and finding that he had managed to demolish all the barriers with his blunt and startlingly sweet words, her heart aching at the simplicity of his declaration. It wasn’t fair. He always managed to tie her up in knots with the simplest of gestures.

“No,” he shook his head, swallowing a smirk as he saw her walls slowly starting to cave, his heart lightening as her eyes softened slightly. “I will never be done with you and that terrifies me.” He confessed, his stomach fluttering slightly as he saw a hint of fear and worry touch her eyes, her body retreating as he pointed out heatedly. “And you love me too, don’t deny it!”

“Unfortunately,” Liz muttered under breath reluctantly, huffing when the corner of his mouth twitched with laughter and focused on her sneakers, chewing on her lip thoughtfully as he slid a finger under her chin, tilting it up to meet his amused gaze, a faint teasing lilt sparkling in his eyes as he lofted. “What?”

“You heard me,” she hissed softly, shaking her head with exasperation and regarding him ruefully, pulling away from him with a weary sigh as she cast a glance around the room before poking him in the chest and continuing. “Ugh, why do I let you do this to me? You…you turn me inside out, you…you drive me crazy…you…you…no, I’m still mad at you. I’m…you’re so annoying you know that?”

“Now, now Parker,” Michael smirked, gathering the squirming girl into his arms and holding her close, chuckling softly when she pinned him with a feigned annoyed glance as he kissed her cheek softly and she snorted as he pulled her in closer, his breath catching when she leaned into his body the slightest. “Surely this garners me some points?”

“A few,” she mumbled grudgingly, closing her eyes and leaning her head against his chest, her hands resting on his sides tentatively as his arms wrapped around her tighter, enveloping her into the cradle of his body, a sweet, warm ache filling her, knowing that it was almost pointless to avoid him because he’d just hound her until he got his way anyway. “But you’re still an ass.”

“I know,” he snorted, not bothering to deny her accusation, knowing full well that he was difficult to deal with on the best of days, and would likely end frustrating her most of the time, but he’d tried ignoring it, and then when he couldn’t do that, tried avoiding her. But nothing worked. She had managed to burrow under his skin and he was tired of fighting it. Pressing his lips to her ear, he whispered for her ears only. “I’m sorry.”

“What?” she cried, pulling back and blinked owlishly, her mouth gaping slightly as she stared at him incredulously. Looking over his shoulder, she peered out the diner’s window with a comical searching glass, making him roll his eyes at her antics and he narrowed his eyes, frowning as she continued to mock him. “Did you just apologize? Should I be worried that the sky is falling? Pigs flying? Do I need to pack my snowboard for hell?”

“That’s it woman,” he grumbled, pressing his lips together and feigning a glare, resting his hands on his hips and looming over the giggling girl. “I am damned tired of your smart ass.” Bending down swiftly, he wrapped his arm around her knees and tossed her over his shoulder for the second time that week, eliciting a round of chuckles as he ignored her protests and stalked out of the dining room. “We’re done with the talking, you’re mine now. End of discussion.”

“Well I was wondering when that was going to happen,” Isabel drawled, watching her brother shove the swinging door open and disappear with his loudly complaining load, snickering when she heard him take the stairs hurriedly before the apartment door closed with a resounding bang and sharing an amused grin with Ava.

“No lie, it’s ‘bout time,” Ava snorted, looking at the group with a grimace before nonchalantly going back to her burger, muttering before she took a huge bite. “They was startin’ to make my head hurt.”
Last edited by Ashita on Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) 4/3

Post by Ashita »

Irresistible

She meant to say no.

The word had formed on her lips and for a split second, she had every intention of refusing, the expression in his eyes making her shiver deliciously, sending a warm curl of desire sinking into her stomach and making her weak in the knees. But she could hardly breathe when he focused all that electric intensity onto her, let alone form the needed words to protest, push him away as would be prudent.

If it were only a physical reaction, she probably could have fought it, could have walked away from him standing there, wrapped in rain and looking like sex-on-a-stick, could have flicked a careless smirk and walked on, but the feelings and sensations he evoked went far deeper than she ever wanted to admit. His magnetism touched, rubbed along places inside that no one should have the ability to see or touch, ones that had been lying dormant forever.

Then his lips glided over that spot on the curve of her neck, one that sent fire ripping through her blood, had her gasping, mewling like a little kitten and all thought flew out the door. Hot, wet breath wafted over her skin, warming the chill from damp skin as he pinned her firmly, caged her against the wall behind her parents’ café, hot, heavy hands sliding over her skin as if he was trying to brand his fingerprints into it.

And she wasn’t even sure when he had gotten close enough to entrap her in the web he’d been spinning since they had gotten caught in the thrall of the last heat wave; and what should have been nothing more than an innocent, impersonal touch, ended with her pressed full-length beneath him, their eyes flaring with surprise and some darker passion she didn’t care to examine.

The following rains should have cooled the fire, chilled the heat that had built inside over the past few weeks. But it only added its own electrical power, until it was crackling along her nerves and left her feeling weak, needy and defenseless when she rounded the corner and found him leaning nonchalantly against the building, whiskey fire raining over her skin as surely as the rivulets of water chasing over bared limbs.

She knew the confrontation was inevitable; one didn’t avoid Michael for long, but she had hoped to put it off for a little longer. She should have just saved herself the trouble of avoiding him.

He was inescapable.

She had planned to walk by without a word, nodding only the slightest of acknowledgment in passing before focusing intently on the ladder leading to her room and fleeing to the sanctuary of her room, her heart thudding in her ears as she felt that heavy, covetous gaze blazing a searing path over her flesh, making her breath snag. But “the best laid plans of mice and men…” and all that.

Licking her lips nervously, she watched him from the corner of her eye, dragging a deep breath into constricted lungs as hooded bourbon sparked heatedly, daring her to ignore the flash of fire that smoldered when their eyes clashed and the current that jumped between them when his fingers encircled her wrist, had her breath stilling completely, effectively halting her carefully planned retreat.

Snapping her head towards him, her throat convulsed, bobbing almost painfully as she swallowed and her hands shook slightly as he stepped into the curve of her body until only a scant inch stood between them; and she swore she could almost hear the sizzling hiss of water has his fingers traced up her arm, feathering seductively over the slope of her shoulder to sink into the drenched, tangled strands gathered at the nape of her neck.

Inhaling sharply, she closed her eyes, the faint hint of spice, earth and rain teasing her senses and making her had swim dizzily; and she barely quelled the small whimper bubbling in the back of her throat when his head dipped, the sweet mint of his breath whispering over her upturned mouth as his other arm cinched around her waist, crushing her to the hard line of his body. Just how was she supposed to resist the sensual power he naturally emanated?

Trembling when his hands trailed over the line of her neck and cupped her jaw, she curled fingers around his, knuckles blanching as they laced together, uncertain if she was hanging on for dear life or if she was planning to wrench away, when his lips brushed over hers in a barely perceptible caress. One she would have denied even happening if it weren’t for the tiny sparks tingling over her skin and the faint of salt clinging to her mouth and tongue.

Gasping when he pulled away, she shivered delicately, surprised to find her hands fisted in his shirt, her breath falling in sharp, shallow puffs from the simple caress and licked her lips nervously, tensing to in anticipation of fleeing, unable to handle the sheer, overwhelming force of nature he embodied, when his eyes darkened with intent. Spellbound, she swallowed thickly, her skin growing hot and tight when he spun her swiftly, pushing her none to gently against the concrete as if sensing her impending flight.

Whimpering when his fingers bit into her hips, she barely had time to draw a breath before his lips crashed against hers, melting against hers like warm honey, moving over hers insistently until hers parted and he dipped his tongue between them, curling, tangling gently with her own as he explored her mouth at first tentatively and then growing in passion and intensity. Moaning against his mouth breathlessly, she dug her fingers into his shoulders, head swimming in the heady sensations of him fitted close to her body, of his mouth, tongue, and teeth finally on her, of the sweet-spicy contrast of chocolate, smoke and chili as one thought circled her head endlessly.

Was she really prepared to play with fire?
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC,Mi/L,MATURE) Complete 2/12/13

Post by Ashita »

AN: So I started this as a place for my random drabbles; but recently, most of my drabbles have been linked to a story, or have been small stories themselves, so I decided to post this last lost drabble and then closing this thread. This will give me one more in the complete pile and one less in Dead and Buried.

So thanks for the support for this and my other stories and here we go. This is a retake of the Balance scene that came about through one of the many conversations I had with Whimsy. It eventually built the last part of my story Polar Forces, but I decided to post the original.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Balance

"It's you," Michael whispered reverently, his heart hammering in his chest as he stared at the petite brunette standing on the desert plain opposite him, fidgeting on one of the spokes of the wheel beneath their feet. Inhaling sharply, he took a hesitant step towards her, the dizzy haze that had suffused his head and the tight, hot, fevered flush of his skin since the sweat lodge, clearing the moment she stepped onto the symbol of life and balance. "You came for me."

"W-what am I doing here?" Liz asked quietly, confusion clouding her eyes as she turned in a small circle, her bright chocolate gaze flicking over the barren desert landscape questioningly before she turned to face him. Scanning him for signs of illness, she nearly signed with relief as bewildered, yet relieved whiskey eyes met hers rather than the blank white that had stared at her unseeingly just hours before. "Where are the others?"

"What others?" he asked quietly, uncertain of what she was talking about but brushing it aside in his relief and joy at seeing her there. He had felt so lost, wandering the desert in helpless confusion until she had joined him, her presence a soothing balm to his jangled nerves. Flicking his eyes over her, he licked his lips unconsciously, his body jolting with heat as he took in the thin, short, silk sheath that clung to curves he had never noticed before and his blood burned with the curious need to touch her, to claim her in every way and frowned slightly at the thought.

"Maria, Alex…the others in the group…" she murmured in confusion, her gaze sliding over him contemplatively, taking in the black knit shirt and pants that hugged taut, muscled planes and her body shook with need, a hot ripple of desire spiraling from her core, spilling into her bloodstream and catching every cell on fire. Ripping her gaze from his, her heart stuttered as she felt a confusing magnetic current wrap around her, tugging at her tauntingly and whispering in a seductive lilt as he watched intently. What was going on? "They went into the circle, but River Dog held me back, saying my fear might interfere with your balance."

"Yet you're here," he reasoned, walking along his spoke to the middle of the wheel, legs splayed shoulder width apart as he held out his hand, willing her to come to him and smiled in satisfaction when she turned, walking along the spoke hesitantly, curious chocolate eyes watching him carefully as she came to a standstill in front of him. Her hair danced on the wind, sable waves spilling down her back as the thin white silk of her dress clung to every subtle curve, molding against sun-kissed flesh enticingly.

Licking his lips, he traced a line over her arm slowly, startling when electricity shot along her body at his light, gliding touch, a warm flush of desire spilling between them both as his fingers curled over her left bicep, pulling her gently into the cradle of his body. Breath hitched, he swallowed thickly and jolted when a flash of heat burned his hand, forcing him to hastily drop her arm, his heart thundering when he looked down at it and spied an ancient symbol etched into the golden flesh.

"Michael, what…" she murmured breathlessly, staring at the mark, her face scrunched in bewilderment before she tipped her face to his in askance and licked her own lips nervously, her own heart speeding up as she realized just how close they were standing. Swaying slightly, she reached out to steady herself, her own hand falling onto his bicep, gasping when heat flared from within her, marking him with a similar symbol, only opposite in colorization. "W-what's happening."

"Balance," he whispered in wonder, his face flicking over her upturned face in awe as he slid his hands over her arms, stroking bared, silky shoulders for a moment before rising to cup her jaw gently, long callused fingers framing, dwarfing the delicate lines of her face. Tilting her head back, he slowly dipped his head, dark, liquid honey-tinted irises watching her intently as their lips hovered together, their damp, heavy breaths mingling for a drawn out moment as he read the acceptance in her eyes and groaning, he sunk into her parted mouth ravenously.

Golden light spilled out of them as their lips meshed, trickling over their body in soft, caressing waves as their mouths fused together heatedly and he slid his arms around her, slowly crushing her against his body as his tongue slid over her bottom lip with sultry entreaty. Inhaling sharply when her lips parted further in invitation, he plunged his tongue into the sweet, minty oasis as he clutched her to him, devouring her mouth with deep, languid strokes, every soft brush of their bodies stoking the heat building in him, whispering reverently as he pulled away.

"It was you all along…why didn't I see it until now?"