Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, MATURE) Complete 2/12/13

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) 8/15

Post by Ashita »

AN: Another drabble based on RH prompts. :) Thanks for the comments Barbara! :) I'll likely have a couple more that I'll add soon. :)

Rapture's Song

Sweat-kissed mocha skin quivered, flushing a pale, shell pink under the fiery scorch of rough hands and intense, hypnotic whiskey irises, edged with water-laced lashes.

Sighing breathlessly, rose-tipped, slim fingers sunk into firm, water-beaded flesh, gleaming in the soft, white moonlight as her warrior lowered her onto the moss-covered bank.

Velvet lips crushed, covering hers as his soft, damp breath filled her with unimaginable fire, expanding through her blood, setting alight a soul once lost.

Aflame, the lovers’ bodies entwined, meshed, coiling around one another as heat surged out into the night, spirits touched and burned, singing desire’s timeless melody.

(100 words exact, based on the prompt: flame)
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ashita »

Lover’s Point

She stood at the water’s edge, feet sunk into the sand, a warm summer breeze caressing her skin, tossing molasses strands through the magnolia-tinged air.

Creamy lace splayed against golden skin, sliding over subtle curves as she traveled moonlit shores, the soft fabric billowing as she flicked cool, ebony eyes over the night.

Breath snagging, her heart thrummed as the bayou came alive, its magic, electrical passion weaving an irresistible spell, heating the blood in her veins.

And closing her eyes, a shiver danced along sweat-kissed skin as she capitulated to the moon’s call, driving her to his waiting place.

(100 words exact, based on the prompt: lace)
Last edited by Ashita on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ashita »

Ancient Magic

The tempo of his heart increased, pounding out a steady rhythm as magic rode the night, the fire raging through his bloodstream consuming, calling him to her side.

He shuddered, unable to resist the flow of ancient power, set into motion by a little known or understood alignment of stars and planets, singing to a long forgotten part of his being.

Caught in its magnetic force, he sought the cool banks of the river, entranced by the electric charge of the air and the lilting voice filling his head with her song, reeling him into the lover’s dance once more.
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ashita »

Night Bewitched

Raising her arms in homage, she sighed as the balmy night surrounded her, clinging to her skin like a sweltering cloak, inciting that underlying bequeath that was not quite human, a humming 'other' that lacked definition.

It was this moiety that enticed her to this time and place, seeking out the nameless reveler called to worship, honor and embrace the voltaic forces dancing on the wind.

Blood pulsing, lace and silk slid from her lithe frame, pooling at her feet as she descended, unapologetic, unabashedly into sultry waters, clear drops raining over her head, drawing her further into rapturous enchantment.

*~*~*~*~*

Warrior’s Wish

Water caressed her body, face tipped reverently into its cascading stream, its liquid embrace encompassing golden curves, making his mouth water for silken, honeyed flesh.

Heart beating wildly, a slow, burning ache built, catching every cell afire as he scented her; an edge of portent sliding over his spine as she reveled her eyes, brilliant chocolate alight with bronze fire.

It should surprise him, her unmasking; yet she'd been his heart's desire, with whom he'd hoped to celebrate the ancient ways. Licking his lips, cotton slid off broad shoulders, falling carelessly as she opened her arms to him in invitation.
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) 8/31

Post by Ashita »

Barbara - I'm glad you liked my Tess. I love when I get the opportunity to redeem her or portray her outside the "canon" version which seemed to me a bit of a cop out in the end. I think she would have been an interesting addition if they had developed the character better. And yes, this that was a sad time for them all, especially coming after the loss of Alex and Maria. I actually hated killing off this Max. He was growing on me. But we'll see more of him in the last story as it will jump between the present and the past.

AN: The first drabble was originally part of the Spoils Universe, but it no longer fits in with the direction the story was flowing. I originally wanted Maria to force Liz into admitting her feelings for Michael, but well she's gone (or is she? hmmmmm...) and so it didn't work out. Which is fine, because I only had to tweak a couple of details and made it a general, stand alone drabble. The second is linked the the Ancient Magic drabbles on this and the previous page.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revelation

“You’re in love with him,” Maria grinned, comprehension dawning as amused green eyes watched her best friend of twenty years shift uncomfortably on her bar stool. Setting down her drink, she cocked her head as a wash of pink stole over the brunette’s cheeks, her chicory eyes darting to the pool tables once more and Maria laughed, her friends nerves of the past month quickly becoming apparent.

She had dragged Liz away from the others tonight, hoping to uncover the reason her friend had been so distant and jumpy lately, worried that she was still hung up on Max despite her protests. But she hadn’t expected this development when Liz finally loosened up enough (well, after plying her with a couple of drinks) to start complaining about her latest disagreement with Michael.

“What?” Liz asked, her brow furrowing as she ripped her eyes away from the man in question, frowning as she slowly swirled her wine around her glass. Confusion clouding her eyes, she focused back on the girls at her side and bit her lip as they chuckled, uncertain what about her complaints had been so funny and where Maria had gotten the misguided notion that she…no, no way.

“Michael,” Maria clarified, raising her brows as the brunette gasped, her mouth gaping slightly and shook her head vehemently. Oh, sweet denial, how do I love thee. She couldn’t help but snort at her friend’s sputtering, reiterating so Liz wouldn’t mistake what she was saying. “You’re in love with Michael.”

“What, Maria…no,” Liz choked, setting her glass of wine down on the bar, her eyes widening incredulously, a small flutter of apprehension stirring in her stomach as she twirled those thoughts around in her mind. Darting her eyes around the dimly lit bar, she licked her lips before skittering back to the blond nervously, flushing as her friend’s words took hold. “No, I’m not.”

“You are,” Maria crowed, laughing heartily as she read the truth in her friend’s reaction. Looking over Liz’s head at the alien, she tapped her finger to her lip thoughtfully and grinned as she considered his actions around her pretty friend lately, all too aware of what they meant since she'd been on the receiving end of his bumbling, but sweet courtship. “I don’t know why I didn’t see it before.”

“Maria, it’s not like that. He’s just…a friend,” Liz protested, her cheeks heating further as she stared at her hands, unable to meet the other woman’s far too knowing gaze. Sliding a glance over to Tess hopefully, thinking she might get a little support in that direction, she huffed when she met the blond’s equally amused glance. Turning back to Maria, she continued firmly, pushing the slightly uncomfortable thought away and nodded decisively. “A very good friend. You know I’d never betray you like that. He’s just…Michael.”

“I mean yes, he is attractive and sweet, can be charming when he wants to be and is too beautiful by half,” Liz conceded, her brow furrowing as she recalled their latest argument at the Crashdown, her breath hitching slightly as she recalled how he had all but pinned her to the lockers. By the time it had wound down, she couldn’t even remember how it had started in the first place and muttered under breath, her voice not quite a certain as before. “Frustrating too, obstinate and, God, he drives me nuts half the time…but love? No…no…I couldn’t be?”

Maria cocked her brow, watching her friend get caught up in her own little Michael world and bit back another giggle at the brunette’s absorption. Oh, she had it bad; she was so toast. Exchanging an amused look with Isabel and Tess, she waited for the other girl to stop babbling long enough to get a word in.

“Liz…Liz…” Maria called, breaking through her nervous ramble, shaking her shoulder lightly and snickering when the brunette bit her lip thoughtfully. “It’s okay. I’m happy for you, for you both. Michael and I have been over for years and I can’t think of a better person for him. I’m very happy with Billy.”

“But…” Liz murmured, the fluttering in her stomach growing stronger when she thought of him, feeling as if a hundred butterflies were flitting around in it. Taking a long, deep drag from her glass, her mind reeled as she thought back to earlier in the evening when she’d been so certain he was going to kiss her before he pulled back and stormed away.

“No buts, chica” Maria refuted gently, shaking her head at the obvious denial still etched into Liz’s face and sighed. Michael so owed her for what she was about to do, because he must be going crazy trying to get her friend to wake up. Hell, she just found out and she wanted to shake some sense into her. “Now repeat after me, I am…”

“Maria….” Liz replied, slightly exasperated with her continued persistence and ran a hand through her hair uncomfortably as she turned in her seat, glancing over at the pool tables and catching Michael’s eye, squirming slightly as he watched her intently.

“Liz…” Maria countered, garnering the petite brunette’s attention once more as Liz’s eyes danced away from Michael skittishly and Maria exhaled loudly, sneaking a quick peek at the boys to find Michael, Billy and Alex talking as Kyle racked. Glaring as Liz rolled her eyes and tried to slip away, she grabbed here friend’s arm and stared at her pointedly. “Now say it…I am…”

“Fine…I am” Liz huffed, her tone sulky as she flicked an impatient glance at her best friend and swallowed thickly when the blond’s lips compressed, finally getting slightly irritated with her.

“In love with Michael,” Maria continued, watching Liz carefully, knowing she was breaking through her defenses just by her tone and actions.

“Maria…this…this is stupid,” Liz complained, her shoulders tensing as her friend continued to push her into admitting something she had been skirting for the past month for the good of everyone involved. Leaning against the bar, she downed the remainder of her wine and signaled the bartender for another, sensing she was going to need it.

“Say it! I’m in love with Michael,” Maria commanded, her hand clamping on Liz’s with a surprisingly firm grip before she could grab the glass and use it as an avoidance method, barely refraining from rolling her own eyes at her friend’s stubbornness.

“Fine, I’m in love with Michael,” Liz snapped, saying it louder than she intended, cringing when the music reached a lull at that very moment and her words reverberated through the room. Flicking a glance over to the boys, she prayed they hadn’t heard anything and groaned when Michael’s head snapped up in surprise, his dark, interested gaze bouncing between the girls curiously. Scrambling off the stool, she shot her friend a heated glance and hissed. “Happy?”

“Nah uh, you aren’t going anywhere missy,” Maria challenged, stepping in front of her friend, her lips quirking as she watched the heat build in Michael’s eyes as he studied Liz with a satisfied smile and lightly shoving a snickering Alex into Billy, strode across the room purposefully, intent on reaching the brunette before she scurried away once more.

“Maria…” Liz whined, her tone slightly panicky, stiffening as she caught swift movement in her peripheral vision and shoved past her friend rudely, knowing she’d have to deal with the blond’s temper later, but too intent on making it out the door before Michael caught up to care. Crossing the room swiftly, she squeaked when a hand wrapped around her wrist, yanking her against a solid chest as Michael used the momentum of his pursuit to pin her against the wall in a disturbingly familiar fashion.

“Going some where, Parker?” he rasped silkily, his head dipping until their noses nearly touched, his hair falling around them like a curtain, cocooning them as he slid a hand up her arm slowly, chasing a trill of desire through her body as he cupped her cheek. Breath hitching as his thumb traced her lips, she licked them nervously, inadvertently wetting the full, pink mouth hovering over hers and gasped when he growled in response, weaving his fingers into her hair as he cradled the back of her skull.

“M-mic…” she stammered, her words cut off abruptly when his mouth crashed against hers and he used her surprise to his advantage to deepen the kiss, snaking his tongue skillfully into the warm, wine-tinged recess of her mouth, eliciting a low, breathy moan past her lips. Sliding her hands up over his chest, she clutched at the back of his shirt desperately, crawling into firm, taut planes as their mouths fused together into a devouring kiss that rocked her senses, liquid fire exploding through her veins on impact.

Groaning, Michael slid his hands down her body impatiently, molding sweat-kissed, soft flesh against him, pulling back only long enough to suck in a breath of air before attacking her mouth once more. Grasping her thighs, he yanked her up his body and hooked a leg over each hip as he sunk between her thighs, so intent on tasting her, savoring the way her mouth felt under his, that he was oblivious to their cheering and laughing friends.

Drawing back when air finally became an issue, he pressed his brow to hers, his breath coming in ragged pants as he stared down at flushed cheeks and smoky ebony eyes covetously, one hand cupping the nape of her neck. Brushing his lips over hers fervently, his eyes slid half-mast as she met him with equal fervor, demanding quietly against pink, velvet skin, “Say it again.”

“I love you,” she whispered, shivering slightly when he crushed her against him fully, his lips finding hers once more in a searing kiss, her bones melting under his heated assault, her mind only half-aware that they were headed towards the door as he mumbled, “About damn time you admitted it, woman.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Polar Forces

“I should be surprised it’s you,” he whispered, his lips teasing the curve of her throat, tongue laving her rapidly thrumming pulse, reveling in her hitched whimper.

“Yet, it makes sense,” he concluded, callused hands caressing smooth, golden skin as firm, hot flesh pressed her into the cool, damp soil, chills rippling over her spine.

“Why do you say that?” she murmured, breath catching as fiery brandy irises watched her with a predatory gleam.

“Yin yang, light and dark; male, female, fire and ice – we balance,” he reasoned as lips met, drawing her into a dance as old as time.

(based on the prompt: balance)
Last edited by Ashita on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) 9/20

Post by Ashita »

AN: Thanks so much for the feedback Barbara, Kiara and Sundae! As always I appreciate the comments and knowing that you're enjoying my writing! So this piece isn't related to anything written as of yet, but was one of those many scenes that I've written and have gotten lost in the rush to do other things.

Debating on doing a couple of follow ups to this one and I'm not exactly sure if I want Rath or Michael to win this round yet; or maybe they both will....oh the possibilities. :) Obviously this is very AU and Rath did not have any part in the betrayal of the New York group; he had been replaced by a shapeshifter and held captive when he wouldn't help with Nicholas and Lonnie's plan.

Also, I noticed that it was Sundae's B-day yesterday, so happy belated B-day! :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Covet

“Yous been holdin’ out on me, sweets.”

Liz looked up as Rath plopped down in front of her at the Crashdown counter where she was going over her supply order before calling it in. Nibbling on her pencil, she tucked her hair behind her ear and looked back down, confusion marring her face as she continued to peruse the paperwork in front of her.

“How am I holding out on you?” she asked distractedly, chin propped in her hand as she mentally calculated how many bottles of ketchup they’d need to get through the next three weeks and waited for his response. “Two cases should be enough for a while,” she muttered under her breath as she marked the paper.

Huffing with annoyance, Rath reached over and tugged on a strand of her hair, trying to draw her attention back to him. Batting his hand away, she made another mark on her paperwork, ignoring the alien’s irritated grumble. He tugged on her hair again, making her roll her eyes at his impatience.

Sighing, her pencil clattered to the counter and she focused her attention on Michael’s persistent dupe, knowing that he would hound her until she gave in and listened anyway. Crossing her arms over her chest, she looked at him expectantly, one brow arched and hoped he’d hurry it up so she could get this order in before the distributor closed.

“Well?” she prompted impatiently, gesturing with her hand as the perverse man smirked at her knowingly. Between spending all day training with Michael and the long strategy meeting that followed, she was beat and not in the mood to deal with perverse aliens.

“The kiss, dollface,” he snickered, licking his lips suggestively, his own brow quirking mockingly as he took in her stumped expression.

“What kiss?” she queried, exasperated by his cryptic comment.

“Oh come now, babe, it couldn’t have been thats forgettable. I felts yous response before yous sensibilities kicked in and told yous it was wrong,” he snorted. “You. Me. In school near yous locker, my tongue down yous throat? Ring any bells yets, sweetness?”

“Oh, that,” she snorted, rolling her eyes as she shook her head. God, she hadn’t thought about that in years. “That was what, four, five years ago? Forgive me, if I didn’t dwell on your one attempt to molest me, Rath. Or your replacement's attempt...umm...you know what I mean. I’ve kinda had other things on my mind over the years. You know, like mine and my family’s survival?”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” he smirked, eyes dancing devilishly as he wagged his tongue suggestively as he did the day. “You wants me. Don’t deny it.”

She laughed, eyes glimmering with amusement and shook her head at his comment, picking up her pencil once again. But instead of dismissing him and going back to her order, she fixed him with a curious glance. “Did Maria tell you about that?”

“Nah, sweets. I saws it in a flash when I had yous pinned during our sparring session today,” he grinned, wagging his eyebrows at her, licking his lips slowly as his gaze drifted over her suggestively. “Hmmmm…interesting that yous were thinking of that kiss when yous were under me. Yous not telling me something?”

“In your dreams.” Liz snorted derisively, eyes twinkling.

“Every night, dollface, every night,” he smirked playfully, as a clatter from the kitchen grabbed his attention. Sliding his eyes over to the order window, he caught his dupe watching them; his forehead creased thoughtfully and decided to have a little fun at his expense since he knew how much duke wanted the little brunette for his own.

Glancing back to the pretty girl in front of him, Rath reached over and drew a lazy finger over her cheek teasingly, grinning unabashedly when he saw Michael tense and frown out of the corner of his eyes as he flirted with Liz. It was far too easy to poke at his dupe. He’s amazed she hasn’t picked up on his feelings yet. Well, maybe this will give the duke some incentive to end the dance before the two drove them all nuts.

“So whats you say babe, want to reacquaints me wit’ the lay of the land?” he whispered softly, lips curving with mischief as he traced his finger to the corner of her mouth, lightly brushing her lips before pulling his hand away and dropped it to the counter to brace his weight for what he was about to do next.

Missing his mischievous glance at Michael, Liz giggled at his antics and rolled her eyes again, leaning towards him to comment just he leaned in towards her under the pretense of stealing a kiss. His lips brushed against hers gently, in a very different kiss from their first. She pulled back slightly, gasping softly as she licked her lips and stunned eyes flew to his.

Hovering over her parted lips, Rath’s breath hitched as he stared into those deep ebony eyes and decided that if Michael was going to slaughter him anyway, he might as well make it worth while. Closing the distance between them, he cupped her jaw delicately, his heart hammering against his breastbone as his mouth sunk against hers, lips melting together in a slow, sweet caress that deepened slightly with every brush.

Liz’s breath hitched as his hand slid to cup the back of her skull, cradling the nape of her neck and tightened his hold on her as his other hand rose to cup the other side of her face, whimpering softly when his tongue flit over her bottom lip. Pulling back, he stared at flushed cheeks and pink, passion-swollen lips with a slight smug twist to his mouth and completely forgetting his original intent, leaned in to claim her mouth once more, jumping and smirking further as the sound of exploding bottles met his ears.

Liz jerked away, astonished eyes flying to the order window as shattered glass tinkled to the floor and squirmed at the fulminating glare Michael fixed on his twin. Brow furrowing, she shifted on her stool, bringing Michael’s hard gaze to her and saw a brief flash of hurt flit through his eyes before he squelched it. “I’m taking a break,” he bit out as he cleared up the mess before anyone could see it, tossing his spatula onto the grill and tearing his off apron, he stalked past a returning Jose into the employee lounge.

Flicking wide eyes between Rath and Michael, Liz chewed on her lip thoughtfully, sliding from the stool nervously and skirting the tall alien in front of her, hurried into the back of the diner, her cheeks burning as she wondered what that was all about. Rath watched her scurry off, licking his lips and bit back a moan as a tinge of vanilla and strawberries danced over his palate. Swiping a hand over his face, he stared after the petite brunette moodily and damned his weakness. How was he going to forget about her now?
Last edited by Ashita on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) 9/22

Post by Ashita »

So is this soon enough Sundae? :) Thanks for the comments! I do love them! And don't worry, I love Rath, but Michael will have his say this time.

AN: Tag to Covet.

Inevitable

Liz crept into the back quietly, heart pounding, cheeks stinging with heat and darted her eyes around the lounge area nervously, uncertain if she wanted to confront Michael now or wait until he cooled off. Sighing, she pressed a hand to her eyes both relieved and slightly disappointed that Michael was nowhere to be seen and drew a deep breath, pushing off the wall to head to her apartment, her mind whiling in confusion. Why did her life have to be so damn complicated? Just once, she’d like a day where she didn’t have to deal with alien politics or tempers.

Head bent, she crossed the floor quickly, nearly reaching the stairs and the cool, quiet sanctuary beyond, where she didn’t have to deal with anything alien, (well until Michael came up since they shared the apartment), when a steel band clamped around her wrist, spinning her around to face furious whiskey eyes. “Michael?”

Swallowing thickly, when instead of answering, he crowded and trapped her on the stairs to the apartment, she briefly considered whirling around and running up the stairs, praying to make it to her room before he could catch up, but knew better. That would be like waving a red flag in front of a bull and she was far safer dealing with the irate man here, where things couldn’t get out of hand. She hoped.

Michael advanced on her, his face carefully schooled and blank, back coiling with tension and intent as their eyes clashed, his sparking with anger and just the slightest hint of pain as he placed a hand on each banister, effectively cutting off her escape route. Flicking a fiery glance over her, his lips thinned and he leaned into her, almost daring her to back up the stairs to the waiting rooms above, to seek refuge or really just entrap her further in a place that was far too close to their beds.

Inhaling sharply, she stood her ground, shuddering when his chest grazed against hers, eliciting a ripple of pleasure throughout her body and she tipped her head up slowly, meeting molten caramel defiantly, breath snagging when those beautiful and captivating irises heated with a different fire altogether. Licking her lips unconsciously, she wisely shifted back just slightly so they weren’t so intimately pressed together, nearly missing the ghost of a smirk that flashed across his face at her retreat.

“You kissed him,” he accused softly, his brow pinching with annoyance as he recalled Rath leaning over the pretty brunette and the way her cheeks had colored with that particular rosy shade that said she had been enjoying it. Pressing his lips together as a flash of pain and rage sliced his heart, he pressed into her again, asking hoarsely “Again. I…why?”

He kissed me,” she refuted weakly, her heart hammering as his body pressed to hers again, the smell of clean sweat and irritated, yet aroused male filling her senses and making her head swim. Throat convulsing, she dug her nails into the banister to keep from reaching out and sinking them into the rippling muscles in front of her as he had made it clear weeks ago that they weren’t an item and couldn’t be. Hurt bubbled in her gut at that reminder, replacing the smoldering embers that he started and she squared her shoulders, not about to let him intimidate her for something that hadn’t been her decision.

“But you didn’t fight it either,” he grated, anger coursing through his veins as he watched her build that cool, silent wall once more around him, the one that said hands off and just tempted, dared him to do the opposite and put his hands all over her until that icy wall melted.

“Not that it’s any of your business,” she bit out, her temper finally sparking in the wake of his inconsistent reactions and heartily tired of him, and every other alien on the damn planet, telling her what she could and could not do. Who the hell died and made him king? Last she checked, Max was still breathing. Fixing him with cool disdain, she turned away and nonchalantly climbed a couple of steps towards her room “But I was taken by surprise and reacted instinctively.”

Don’t go there, Liz,” he warned in a low, dangerous tone, one that said he was close to losing the tight reins on his temper and flinched just the slightest at her cool dismissal. Narrowing his eyes, he fixed her retreating back with a heated glare, the wood under his hands creaking as his he tightened his grip to keep from chasing her down and smirked, taunting softly, knowing full well that it would get her back up and force her to confront him. “It is too my business.”

“No, no Michael, it really isn’t,” she responded predictably, whirling around and stalking down the steps to get into his face this time, her eyes flashing with irritation. Jabbing him in the chest, she met his hot gaze unflinchingly and hissed quietly. “You couldn’t do this, remember? You didn’t want to hurt our friends or potentially break up the group, despite the fact that both of those friends have moved on. Or did you forget that fact?”

“I did it to protect you,” he replied quietly, dipping his head so that their faces were only inches apart, his heart thrumming wildly as her breath puffed over his softly. Flicking his eyes down to the trembling, pink flesh that had been haunting his every thought over the past few months, he bit back a groan and knew all he had to do was move one inch and they’d be on his again. Ripping his eyes away, he met her gaze, unable to quell a triumphant grin when he noticed dilated pupils and her all too apparent reaction to him.

You did it to protect yourself,” she retorted, placing a hand on his chest and pushing him away, closing the distance until only an inch stood between them and tipped her head back, watching him defiantly, daring him to deny her words. She wasn’t going to put up with this attitude any longer or feel bad for what happened. He had been the one who put the distance between them, not her. “You didn’t want to face what was happening between us. So you don’t get to throw stones because some other guy kissed me.”

“Rath is not some guy and you know it,” he growled as he pulled away, crossing his arms over his chest and backing up defensively, watching her wearily. He couldn’t refute her words and it irritated him, made him wary that she knew him so well as to call him out on his actions. Running a hand through his hair with aggravation as their kiss flashed through his head once more, he grit his teeth and walked back towards her. He was damned if he was going to let that asshole horn in on his territory.

“Oh, so that’s what this is about,” she drawled scathingly, walking down another step so that they were on the same level and cocked a mocking brow as she crossed her own arms over her chest, a slight smirk twisting her lips. She should have known. He didn’t really want to risk his own heart, but the idea that Rath didn’t feel the same compunction irritated him. “The fact that he’s your twin. Newsflash, Michael, I can kiss whomever I choose, whenever I choose.”

“That so?” he asked menacingly, his head swinging over to the tiny brunette, swearing under his breath as she cocked her head at him and smiled widely, a determined light sparking in her eyes as she sauntered down the rest of the steps as if she hadn’t a care in the world. She wouldn’t…

“Yes,” Liz replied succinctly, just managing to bite back a snicker as he scowled and brushed past him, heading for the swinging door determinedly, flicking him an impatient glance as she passed. Tossing her hair over her shoulder, she smirked and continued on as if he hadn’t said a word. “In fact, I think I’ll go out there right now and…”

“The hell you will,” Michael groused, clamping a hand on her wrist again and dragged her towards him, damned if he was going to put up with her kissing his dupe again. Swooping down, he wrapped his arm around the back of her knees and tossed her over his shoulder, smirking at her outraged cry.

“Michael!” she yelped, beating her hand on his back as he spun around and walked toward the kitchen door, poking his head in to address a laughing Jose, blatantly ignoring her actions. Growling under her breath, she tried pushing off his shoulder, only to be jostled into falling against it once more. “Michael put me down!”

“I’m taking off, Jose,” he called impatiently, swatting her on the ass as she once again tried get loose and spun back around, swiftly heading for the stairs to their apartment, tossing his parting words over his shoulder. “If anyone is looking for us, we aren’t to be disturbed!” It was time to end this one way or another, to hell with the rest of the group.

“Good luck with that one, chico,” the man called back, shaking his head at the two and glad that they were finally going to end this dance they were doing, laughing once more when he heard Michael stomp up the stairs and the door slamming emphatically between Liz’s irate comments. “You’re going to need it.”

Glancing at the doorway with amusement, he sobered when he caught a slight movement as Rath quietly slid into the backroom and stared up at the closed door thoughtfully, a frown marring his face and couldn’t help wondering what was going on in the other man’s head. Clearing his throat pointedly, he fixed Michael’s dupe with a sympathetic glance when his head shot to him, shrugging his shoulders. “Those are the breaks, man.”

“Yeah, those are the breaks,” Rath replied quietly, clawing at his brow and shifting uncomfortably under the other man’s gaze before he turned his attention to the door once more and sighed, running a hand through his spikes and spun on his heel, pushing through the swinging door, desperately needing to be anywhere but there at the moment.
Last edited by Ashita on Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) 9/23

Post by Ashita »

Whims - Hmmmm, well that is the question, will she chose Michael? ;) But if Rath is in need of some comforting, I know who to send him to. lol! Glad you're liking these drabbles!

Barbara - Glad you like those two. Yeah I have to admit that I prefer Michael most of the time, but sometimes, Rath is just too damn irresistible. But Michael won't have it easy either in this little batch. I guess we'll have to wait and see where things go. :)

Kiara - LOL...a back story? I think I've spoiled you guys with all my intricate back stories. I'll be honest, I hadn't really planned on doing one for this few drabbles, although I will say the first drabble had originally been a part of the Forbidden Dreams drabbles that had gotten lost. It was supposed to occur right before the drabble confusion. But since I ended that series, I tok this one and made it a stand alone. I've been avoiding going to deep into this one, because I can sense it wanting to be a full-fledged story and I have far too many of those on my plate right now. So lets just say it's an off shoot of Forbidden Dreams. :)

AN: Tag to Covet and Inevitable
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temptation

Storming through the front door, he kicked it shut with his foot, heart pounding rapidly in his ears as he moved through the house swiftly, still seething after seeing his twin wrapping her in his arms and…touching her, kissing her, marking her in a way as no man had a right to do other than him. And he couldn’t believe that she’d just sat there and let him do it! After everything they’d been through, after everything they had shared, she was going to let some two-bit punk maul her? Hell no, he wasn’t putting up with that.

Whether he had made a formal claim or not, she was his. She had as much as said it to him just weeks ago, when they’d, God, shared that kiss that rocked him to the core, obliterating every well-intentioned wall he’d built around the petite brunette with its explosiveness. Who would have thought that there was so much fire behind that cool, calm demeanor and large, doe-eyes? She was going to be the death of him.

“Michael, put me down now,” Liz grated from her perch on his shoulder, smacking him on the back once more to get his attention as he strode to his bedroom, making him snicker slightly. Throwing his door open, he strode over to the bed and paused for a moment, clawing at his brow absently as she dangled, spitting fire at him for his tactics. “Or I swear I’m going to hurt you.”

Wrapping her legs around his waist, he swung her down into his arms, meeting her eyes determinedly, grunting when flashing ebony spat fire at him and crushed her against him and claimed her lips fervently, unable to resist tasting them despite her irritation, smirking as the air whooshed out of her lungs. Pulling back, he stared hungrily at her flushed cheeks and swollen lips, aching to leave his mark so that his brother never considered breaching his territory again.

Inhaling sharply at that reminder, he leaned over and tossed her onto his bed unceremoniously, chuckling when she gave an outraged grunt and began to scramble to her feet, only to be forced back down onto her back as he caged her in, meeting her fulminating glare with cool amusement.

“What?” he lofted, quirking his brow as he crawled up her body, trapping her between his arms as he settled into the cradle and pressed his lips against her ear, chuckling huskily when she shivered involuntarily as the soft, full flesh whispered hotly over her tender skin, his warm damp breath wafting down over her neck as he licked the soft flesh tauntingly. “I put you down.”

“This isn’t going to work,” she gasped stubbornly, sinking her teeth into her bottom lip sharply to distract herself from the scorching, demanding mouth working its way over her neck and bit back a little whimper of pleasure as blunt teeth scraped over her thrumming pulse, heat washing over her senses as he nipped at it lightly. Damn him, he wasn’t going to make this easy on her. “You can’t just drag me off like…like…some caveman and expect me to just…roll over and…”

“Give in to the inevitable?” he rumbled seductively, sucking the thin, fluttering skin into his mouth and inhaled deeply; moaning when her scent washed over him enticingly and clenched things in his lower body. Sliding his hand over her ribs, his head spun as he tried to remember all of the reasons he wasn’t going to do this, each falling to the intoxicating feel, smell and taste of her skin. No one had ever touched him like she did.

“Inevitable?” she grumbled, a trace of frustration lacing her voice, squirming under his body and squeaking when his hips pressed her deeper into the bed, her breath catching in her throat as they rocked into hers sinuously, meeting his movement unconsciously as a searing wave of fire spilled into her blood. Moaning breathlessly when his teeth sunk into her neck, she buried her hands into his hair, thinking to pull him away, only to have her traitorous body arch into his touch as she muttered helplessly. “Oh, someone is full of himself.”

“Oh, the many ways I could take that comment…” he husked, his low, sultry voice sending a shiver down her spine as he pulled back to admire his work, rumbling in approval at the bright purple mark that announced to the world that she was his and his alone. A primal satisfaction coursed through his veins as he met her eyes in challenge and smirked as bronze fire flicked over him heatedly. God, she was something else, even when she was irritated with him.

“Don’t even think of it,” she drawled, dark molasses eyes sparking, desperately trying to hold onto that rapidly thinning thread of annoyance under the fiery, insistent play of his lips. Pursing hers, she met his eyes unflinchingly, a wicked grin flashing over her face as she lifted hand, moving it to her neck slowly and cocked a challenging brow as her fingers tingled with power. She snickered when he scowled and grabbed her wrist, yanking it away before she could erase the mark and pressed it into the bed by her head as he leaned in, pressing his nose to hers.

“Too late for that,” he growled, making her grunt at his double entendre as he grabbed her other hand and pressed it into the mattress, brushing his lips against hers tauntingly, giving a little sensual rock of his hips into hers. Nipping at her bottom lip, he lowered his body onto hers carefully, blood racing as firm planes molded to sweat-kissed curves and pinned her further into the bed. Capturing her lips, he traced them with the tip of his tongue, groaning helplessly when her mouth parted in invitation, her body seeking to meld itself into his. “God I want you. What are you doing to me?”

Relinquishing her wrists, his hot, damp breath feathered over her face as he slid callused hands over her body, grinning in pure male satisfaction when her breath stuttered and she buried her fingers into his hair, yanking his lips against hers as the burn of irritation melted into a different passion altogether. Plunging his tongue between her lips, he groaned when vanilla and strawberries slid down his throat and gasped slightly she rocked into him, her hands sliding over his body impatiently to cup his ass and pulled him deeper into her core, until not a millimeter of space stood between them.

Humming with pleasure, he closed his eyes blissfully as their bodies rubbed together, denim scraping against denim, creating a sweet, aching burn in their desperate need to be as close to one another as possible; in their need to quench the inferno that had sparked weeks before, when an innocuous kiss under the mistletoe tipped their world on its axis.

Toying with the edge of her t-shirt for a moment, he pushed it up over her ribs, impatiently seeking bare flesh and grunted when her hands slid over his back, delving under the thin cotton, her fingers tracing lines of fire over his skin. Pulling back from her mouth to drag some much-needed air into his lungs, he trailed his lips over her neck, moaning when her nails dug into his back. God, yes, why had he been fighting this? She was going to drive him mad.

Tilting her head back as Michael’s mouth latched onto her neck, her head spun dizzily, breath coming in short, shallow puffs and slid her hands over his back, memorizing each dip and ridge and pushed at his shirt impatiently, wanting to feel his skin against hers, sighing when he pulled back long enough to slide the material from his body. Tangling her fingers into his hair, she captured his lips, sliding her tongue into his mouth and sucked on his softly, moaning when coffee and dark chocolate danced over her palate.

Gripping his shoulders, she kneaded the firm, rippling flesh as his mouth devoured hers and whimpered against his mouth as he slowly dragged her shirt over her torso, bunching it at her arms, sliding his skin against hers, reluctant to loose his hold on her mouth just yet. Heart pounding, she wrapped her arms around him molding their skin together, sighing at the rightness of his body flush against hers, how he seemed to be made for her and how she’d wanted, waited for this for months.

Pulling back from his mouth at that thought, she drew a deep breath, shaking her head slightly to clear the Michael-induced sensual haze and gave a little whimper, pressing her hands against his chest to ward off his descending mouth. Biting her lip, she closed her eyes briefly, barely holding back a curse at her weakness and pushed against him firmly, struggling in his arms, shaking her head in negation. “No, this isn’t going to happen, Michael. It can’t. I won’t let it.”

Michael stared down at her, watching as her previous thoughts crashed in, blanching that sexy flush from her cheeks and cursed silently as he saw that icy wall he’d come to hate building once more and pushed against her hands, hoping to forestall it. Growling with frustration when she held firm, stormy bourbon irises melded with cool ebony as he pulled back and pressed a fist into the mattress on either side of her head, caging her once more as he murmured. “You want me, so why fight it?”

“Why fight…dear Lord, you can’t be that dense,” she gasped, pushing him to the side, sputtering as he fell onto his side and rolled to her knees, fixing him with an incredulous look as she slid her shirt back down, shaking her head at his muttered curses. Scrambling off the bed, she came to her feet hastily and turned to face him, meeting his confused and irritated gaze, rasping hoarsely. “I gave you my heart before and you shot me down. Now you want me to…make up your damn mind.”

“I have,” he growled, surging off the bed and crossing over to her, pinning her to the wall, caging her in as he dipped his head, pressing his nose to hers as he fought to bring her into his arms, to crush her into his chest and grunted when she resisted. “You are mine, Liz. You have been since our first kiss, under the mistletoe at Isabel’s party.” Slamming his palm against the wall with frustration when she remained unmoved, he raked his hands through his hair and spun away from her, his muscles clenched and rippling with tension as he quietly confessed. “I can’t believe…I hated seeing him kiss you, touching what belongs to me.”

Mouth agape, Liz stared at him quietly, torn between the dark thrill that ran through her body at his blatant claim, and wary indignation. Gritting her teeth, she closed her eyes, pressing her fingers to the bridge of her nose as she tried to remember that Michael tended to fumble words, and yet his thoughtless declaration infuriated her to the core. She’d been on the receiving end of those declarations one too many times by the men of his species and she wasn’t about to tolerate it from him, no matter how tempted she was to give in and let him claim her in every way.

Heart hammering, she scooted toward the door, swallowing harshly and desperately tried to clear the lump that had risen in her throat, running a hand through her tangled locks as she saw his shoulders slump in defeat, fighting the urge to wrap him in her arms. Eyes prickling, she forced herself to turn away, her heart aching as she set her hand on the knob and paused, looking back at him sadly.

“I belong to no one but me,” she choked, pressing her lips to quell the whimper threatening to claw its way out of her throat, and closed her eyes briefly to hold back the hot tears filling them before opening them once more. He opened his mouth to reply, shifting as if he were going to reach for her, but she held him off with a raised hand, her voice low and firm as she turned the knob and walked out the door. “And you should have thought about that before you pushed me away. I am no one’s plaything, Michael.”
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) Decisions 9/24

Post by Ashita »

Barbara - Not to worry, that was not the end of the drabble series. I still have two or three more after this one. And in Liz's defense, Michael is being kind of dense and had been pushing her away until Rath kissed her, so she has a right to feel indignant. Especially, as in typical Michael style, he did make it seem like he was responding to her only out of jealousy and not due to his deeper feelings for her. I don't blame her for pushing him away. Maybe it will teach that boy a lesson. ;)

AN: Tag to Covet, Inevitable and Temptation. What can I say? I'm on a roll.

Decisions

Liz sighed wearily, yanked her alien headband from her hair and tossed it into her work locker impatiently, her lips pressed together in annoyance as she recalled the last couple of days of silence and tension between her and Michael. He’d been even more taciturn than usual since she’d fled his room (running from herself as much as him), barking at her when he felt she dallied over taking orders and glaring at any male who so much as smiled in her direction, his intense gaze scorching its way down her body every second of her shift, making her tremble.

It was getting out of hand and she had to do something, but what? God, she was so damn confused.

Groaning, she pressed her brow against the cool metal and sighed; glad that she only had to fill in half a shift for a sick waitress. She didn’t think she could have handled a full shift with him on grill and her out in front, their eyes clashing every time she came to the window and reminding her of his none to subtle challenge that day.

She had just barely managed to make it to her room before he stormed out, quickly striding after her, not about to let her have the last word on their fragile, confusing relationship and banged on her door insistently, demanding that they finish the conversation since she’d barely given him a chance to get a word in edgewise. Shaken by her response, and worried that if she opened her door she’d fall prey to those lips once more, she had blatantly ignored him, waiting him out until he left, announcing that this was far from over.

She knew she could have handled that whole afternoon better. Giving into him, even momentarily, had made things twice as complicated, setting already frayed nerves on end, and made the tension rise until it was nearly suffocating, made him all the more determined to be heard. Sighing heavily, she pressed her fingers against the bridge of her nose, rubbing her gritty eyes in the hope that it would relieve the dull throb that had built behind them, when a familiar scent teased her nose.

Moaning softly as strong fingers glided over her neck, she arched into his touch, humming with pleasure as he began to work the kinks out of tight, bunched muscles slowly, with a deft, sure touch that almost had her weeping in relief. She knew that she really should stop him, that this was just going to cause even more complications, but as his hands worked their slow, soothing magic, warming the muscles slightly with his powers, she couldn’t find it in herself to care.

“Yous okay, sweetness?” Rath whispered as he leaned over and pressed his lips to her ear, brushing the flesh briefly, a barely there caress that made her breath catch and a smug grin spread across his lips as she trembled under his touch. Shifting closer to her, he trailed a light path over her temple, lightly kissing the thin, thrumming skin with gentle, parted lips and continued to slide his hands over her back, carefully kneading the taut, stiff muscles as he canted his hips into hers.

“Yes,” she murmured, biting her lip as his hands slid up over her body and back to her neck, callused fingers sliding under the neckline of her uniform. Wrapping his fingers around the slender base, he gently massaged silky, mocha skin with his thumbs as long tapered fingers traced her collarbone, casually flicking the first snap open to reach more of her skin. Breath snagging, she unconsciously pressed back into him, her heart thrumming wildly as one hand slid down to snake around her waist, the other burying into her hair, kneading the base of her skull. “W – why do you ask?”

“You seem tense, love,” he replied quietly, pulling her hair out of her ponytail, dropping the elastic band onto the floor as he sunk his fingers into silky molasses strands and massaged her scalp gently, tipping her head slightly to brush his lips along the curve of her neck, smiling against her skin when she whimpered. Pulling back, he rested his hands on her shoulders and slowly turned her to face him, pressing his palms into the cool metal on either side of her head, caging her in, his lips quirking as he teased. “I would have expected yous to be relaxed after the other day.”

“The other day?” she queried faintly, flushing hotly as he raised his brows in surprise and an amused smile flashed across his face at her words and she shook her head to clear it, the red in her cheeks deepening as his meaning became clear. Licking her lips nervously when he ran his fingers through her hair absently, she brushed aside his question and focused on another question entirely, staring at him contemplatively. “Why did you do that?”

“Because I wants you, Lizabeth,” he declared softly, twisting an ebony lock around his finger, serious bourbon eyes studying her intently, a warm, golden fire shining in their depths as he cupped her jaw tenderly, stroking her cheek with the pad of his thumb. Heart pounding in his ears, he met her gaze apprehensively as he continued in a low, uncertain tone. “I have since I firsts saw you.”

Liz swallowed thickly, her breath catching and heart leaping slightly at his quiet and quite unexpected confession. Chewing on her bottom lip, she averted her eyes from his, her heart pinching at the thought that this rough, guarded man could have no problem admitting his feelings when the one she really wanted, held off out of fear. Clenching her eyes shut, she drew a deep breath, missing the faint shifting of a shadow behind Rath as Michael entered the room and pulled back behind the door.

“So what are we’s gonna do ‘bout this?” he asked, drawing her eyes back to him, well aware that his dupe had entered the room due to a shift of energy, but staying focused on the girl in front of him as he didn’t want her attention diverted. Lifting his hand, he shifted slightly to block Michael’s location and pushed a strand of hair back from her face, his heart speeding up when her throat convulsed at his light touch, her eyes flaring slightly as his hand cupped the back of her neck.

“Rath…” she trailed off hesitantly, her brow pinching as she looked over his shoulder, her stomach clenching as she tried to gather her thoughts and searched for a way to let him down gently, because as attracted as she was to him, it was Michael that had captured her heart. Sinking her teeth into her bottom lip, her mind whirled dizzily with her confusing tumble of thoughts and emotions, eyes jerking back to him when his thumb slid over her mouth, gently tugging her lip free.

“I know you wants me too,” he pleaded passionately, his heart sinking the longer she remained silent and cursed his dupe for drawing the love of this girl and being too damn stupid to appreciate the gift. What he wouldn’t give to beat the stubborn man’s head in. Meeting her anguished gaze, his gut churned at the answer shining in her eyes, but couldn’t help one last attempt to change her mind. “I can smell it on yous.”

Snaking an arm around her waist, he yanked her into the cradle of his body, lifting her slightly off her feet as he stared down into startled, dark-chocolate eyes and dipped his head, attempting to capture her lips for another kiss when a hand on his chest stopped his advance. Drawing back, pain flashed through his heart as she shook her head in the negative, keeping her gaze locked with his until he nodded in sad acceptance, his lungs constricting as he set her back on her feet.

“You’re right, I do,” she agreed in a strangled voice, her heart hammering against her breast as she backed away from him, running a hand though her hair and sighed heavily, hating to hurt someone who had become such a good friend. If only her traitorous heart could have leaned his direction instead of falling for the stubborn, complex man in the kitchen, but it hadn’t and she couldn’t lie to either him or herself. They both deserved more than that. Facing him, she shrugged helplessly and quietly confessed. “But I love Michael.”

“Michael…” Rath nodded, closing his eyes briefly as her words confirmed what he had already guessed weeks ago and swallowed harshly, biting back a bitter laugh, as he wasn’t angry with her but with himself. After all, hadn’t this whole thing started because he was trying to push her and his dupe into facing their feelings? But he had hoped…well, he should have known better. Turning his head away, he looked in the general direction of Michael’s hiding spot and muttered under his breath. “Of course. I knews that, but I’s can’t seem to help it. Yous got under my skin. Lucky bastard.”

“Why do I feel the need to apologize?” she asked hesitantly, wringing her fingers and chewing on her lip nervously as his head shot back to her and she inhaled sharply as a trace of bitterness flit through his eyes before they softened. Walking towards him, she placed a hand on his arm, opening her mouth to speak, but closed it once again when she couldn’t seem to find anything that didn’t sounded like she was placating him and they were beyond such empty platitudes.

“Hey, no hard feelings,” he shrugged, trying to reassure her despite feeling like he’d taken a punch to the chest, his stomach swirling sickly as he drew a deep breath and he took her hands, stopping her mindless twisting. Sliding finger under her chin, he tipped her head back and smiled weakly, stroking the curve of her cheek gently as he continued. “You can’t help the way you feels.”

Liz studied him quietly, her eyes dancing over him contemplatively, throat tightening as she watched him build up his wall and act like her rejection hadn’t affected him, sucking on her bottom lip as she glanced toward the kitchen for a second. Michael had better be worth the heartache he put her and, inadvertently, his twin through. Swinging her eyes back to Rath, she stepped up to him and cupped his jaw, rising on her tiptoes to press a soft kiss against his cheek, smiling when their eyes met as she sunk back onto her feet.

“I’s gonna bounce for a couple days. Needs to get my head straight.” Rath murmured, the crests of his cheeks flushing as he averted his gaze and ran a hand over his long spikes self-consciously, shifting on his feet as he moved away just slightly, not completely trusting his reaction to having her so close. Shrugging his shoulders, he sunk his hands into his pockets and looked over her shoulder as he nodded, requesting quietly. “Let the others know for me?”

“Of course,” Liz nodded, pressing her hands into her back and rocked back on her heels as she watched him turn and head towards the door to the alley, fidgeting as she tried to think of something more to add or say to assuage his hurt feelings, but what more could she say other than she was sorry? That sounded so pithy in the wake of his confession. Holding her breath as he turned back, surprise flashed across her face and her head whipped away from him at his next words.

“But remembers this Michael,” Rath grated, deliberately turning his head towards Michael’s hiding place and fixing the barley-visible, caramel gaze with a heated glare, smirking when his words drew Liz’s own startled glance, making his twin scowl at being ratted out. Holding his gaze for several moments, his eyes iced over as he vowed quietly, his voice filled with dark promise. “If yous hurt her, if yous don’t treat her right, I will be there in a heartbeat to kick yous ass and pick up the pieces if she lets me.”

Flicking a quick glance over at a dumbstruck Liz, he nodded once and pushed through the door, quickly exiting the building so he wouldn’t be privy to their reunion, all the while knowing she hadn’t seen his gesture as the man in the shadows held her undivided attention. Liz flinched slightly when the door slammed closed, but kept her eyes riveted on the man she’d been actively avoiding for the past two days, not wanting to hear his excuses or reasons for why they couldn’t be, heart thrumming as she tried to figure out a way to get past him.

Stepping out of the shadows, Michael swallowed harshly, his heart hammering as her and Rath’s words rang through his head and drew a shaky breath, keeping his eyes melded with hers as he walked into the room slowly. Reading the nervous light in her eyes, he cocked a challenging brow and came to a standstill a couple of feet in front of her, fiery brandy irises daring her to run from him once again.
Ashita
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Polar Moments (UC, Mi/L, Mature) Impasse 9/26

Post by Ashita »

Barbara - Yes it is part of his charm, a frustrating part of his charm and we do get to see his POV more in this next one and he does begin to redeem himself. And yes, Michael has always had a bit of a jealous streak, so I can see Rath pushing him over the edge.

Kiara
- LOL...I'm not happy with Michael right now either. He's been pretty obtuse up to this point, but maybe he'll redeem himself in this one. And yes, it would have been very easy to give into both of those oh so sexy and tempting men, but to do so, would have been hurtful for all of them. And they're already hurt enough right now. As for Rath...how about I send him to you and Whims for comforting? ;)

AN: Tag to Covet, Inevitable, Temptation and Decisions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Impasse

Going to run again?” he challenged quietly, walking up and standing toe-to-toe with the petite brunette who had his mind roiling with so many conflicting emotions, that it took every ounce of his willpower to get through the day without dragging her up to their apartment. He’d tried desperately to avoid her for the past few weeks because frankly, the way she affected him, how much she made him feel, completely and utterly terrified him. He’d never felt this way about anyone. “Or are we finally going to deal with this?”

Flicking contemplative eyes over flushed cheeks, he reached up and ran his fingers over a strand of her hair, unable to resist touching her in some small way, his heart beating rapidly as he mulled over hers and Rath’s words, his stomach fluttering at her unintentional confession. He really didn’t deserve her and the fact that Rath had actually been the bigger man in this instance irked and made him feel ashamed at the same time.

And yet, she loved him still. Loved him, when God knows, she’d be better off telling him to go to hell and following his twin out the door. He didn’t know what to think.

What was it about her that made him act the bumbling idiot? Why was it that he never knew how to handle this woman? She ripped through all his defenses, destroyed his walls and wormed herself so deep into his heart, he knew there was no chance of ever being free. And the thing that scared him the most? Was that he didn’t want to break free of the ties she had effortlessly, unknowingly wrapped around his heart with every smile, every touch and those too few, brief kisses that tipped his world on its axis.

“Are we going to deal with this?” she scoffed and he barely quelled the ghost of a smile that threatened to flit across his face at the fire in her tone. He fully deserved her attitude after everything he’d done, especially his fumbled attempt of trying to tell her how he felt the other day. Boy, had he fucked that one up. Wincing in remembrance of his boorish words, he rubbed the back of his neck uneasily, meeting fiery ebony eyes unflinchingly as he waited for her to continue. “Last I looked, I wasn’t the one running.”

“What do you call the other afternoon then?” he challenged, wincing internally at his accusatory tone and braced himself for the storm that little slip was going to create. He really needed a filter on his mouth, it seemed to get him into far more trouble than good. And people wondered why he rarely divulged his thoughts. Squaring his shoulders, his breath stuttered when fury sparked in dark, chocolate depths, lighting them with a bronze fire that stole his breath away and sent a ripple of desire coursing through his body. Hey, he was only human…well part human…and she was damned sexy when riled.

“Self-preservation,” she spat, arching a brow at him, her lips compressing as the hot flush of temper rouged her cheeks and her eyes practically spat fire at him as she stepped forward, invading his space until they were mere centimeters apart, tipping her head defiantly. And damned if he couldn’t help but stare at her in stunned appreciation, the wonder of her striking him dumb of all thought. She was magnificent. “What nothing smart ass to add, Michael?”

Licking his lips, his heart hammered, beating out a staccato rhythm as their eyes clashed and held, their breath mingling in harsh, rasping pants as he unconsciously dipped his head to hers, his hands unthinkingly gripping her hips to steady her. Watching her quietly, his body thrummed as soft curves brushed enticingly against his and he was having a hell of a time focusing, snapping to only when her pained voice ripped through the sensual haze that subsumed him every time she was near.

“Just as I thought,” she whispered, her eyes flaring briefly before they averted and she looked down at her twisting hands, her lip clenched between her teeth. His heart constricted at hurt in her eyes as she brushed by and clenched his hands tightly, cursing that his absorption in her had led to this place again, led to her fleeing, pain clearly etched in her eyes. Jesus, when would he learn? He couldn’t stand this Liz. Angry Liz he got; he could fight her, push her and she’d fight, push back. Hurt Liz…Hurt Liz made him want to hit his knees and crawl after her, begging for her forgiveness.

“If you’ll excuse me,” she continued, her voice strangled with suppressed emotion, then walked to the stairs wearily, her shoulders slightly slumped and looked back as she mounted, her bitter and sad tone finally breaking the dam inside him as she tossed over her shoulder. “I’ve had a long day and I’m not up to being rejected again by a man, who apparently only wants me when someone else does.”

“To hell with that,” he growled, his heart in his throat as she retreated, shutting him out once more. Deserved or not, there was no way in hell that he was going to let her walk away without hearing him out. She had effectively cut him off the other day, but this time, she was going to damn well listen, because, if he had spend another night without her, he really was going to go insane.

“Not want you?” he roared quietly, frustration lacing his voice as her head snapped to him in surprise, halting her ascent as she turned wide, dark eyes toward the aggravated, alpha male stalking up the stairs, her pulse jumping at the fiery, passionate, almost feral gleam shining in whiskey depths. Smirking as her throat convulsed, he halted in front of her, dipping his head until they were inches apart, continuing in a low, dangerous tone. “I can barely function because you’re all I think about.”

“Every night, I dream of you,” he whispered huskily, leaning into the pretty brunette tauntingly, the predator inside gurgling with glee as her eyes flared in response and he placed his hands on the rails, pressing their bodies together, forcing her to retreat onto the next step to escape as he rasped. “And when I’m not dreaming of you, I fantasize about you. You have me so tied up in knots I can’t get loose. And more, I don’t want to.”

Filling the step she had just vacated, his lips quirked wickedly as he noted her chest heaving with short, shallow breaths and the soft, wet glisten of her lips as she licked them nervously, her body trembling softly as he loomed over her once more. Holding her gaze, he leaned in and demanded quietly, “Is that enough? Or do you want more?”

Swallowing thickly, Liz scuttled up three more steps, torn between wanting to turn tail and run full out to her room, slipping into the cool, soothing confines, away from the seductive, electric spell the man in front of her was weaving or staying right where she was, the focus of all that pent up passion and fire he so rarely displayed. Breath hitched, she watched his slow, stealthy advance with rapt attention, her blood rushing in her head and bit her lip, desperately wishing he didn’t affect her so deeply.

“Your scent drives me insane,” he rasped heatedly, as he came to a standstill in front of her once more, sinking a hand into the thick, silky, espresso locks framing her face and wrapping them around his fingers. Drawing the strawberry-scented strands to his nose, he inhaled deeply and groaned heartily, letting them slide through his fingers as he dropped them, fixing her with smoldering brandy-tinted irises. “It’s everywhere, in the house, on my clothes, on my sheets; I can’t escape it.”

“Your taste turns me inside out,” he declared as he crowded her, biting back a moan when sweat-kissed curves molded against him, and dipped his head, brushing his lips over pink, trembling flesh teasingly, his tongue flitting briefly over her lips as he pulled away. Smirking at her sharp gasp, he deliberately licked his lips as he slowly walked her up the last step and into the waiting door to their apartment. “Drives me to the point that all I want to do is to sink into you and never leave.”

Invading her space, Michael slid his fingers over her arms, molding the soft, subtle curves in his hands as they traced their way down to cup her hips, pressing her into the cool wood at her back and pressed his lips to her temple, nuzzling the damp skin softly. Inhaling sharply as their bodies flowed together, fitting together like matching puzzle pieces he trailed soft, moist kisses along her cheek to her ear, his voice deep and rasping against the tender shell.

“I want you, need you so badly, I can taste it,” he growled, loving the way she shivered when his breath wafted over her skin and his breath caught as her head tipped, molten chocolate irises studying him silently, her body shifting temptingly against him as she splayed her hands against his chest. Meeting her assessing stare, he lifted a hand and brushed the back of fingers over the curve of her cheek, cupping her jaw as he confessed. “I crave you like no other, can’t seem live without you. What more do you want from me, Elizabeth?”

Liz stared at him quietly, her heart pounding against her breast, knees weak and jellylike at his confession, her lungs burning from holding her breath through his last words. Well damn, he did make it difficult to stay mad at him. Inhaling deeply, she licked parched lips and replied soberly, trying to bring the conversation back around to a serious note. “Want, need, crave…those are all well and good, Michael.”

“But it’s not enough,” she pointed out, trying desperately not to get so caught up in the smell and feel of him, the impact of his sweet, passionate words chiseling away at the ice wall she had built to keep her heart safe. At one time, she would have accepted those words and accepted the unspoken ‘I love you’ behind them, but he’d been running so hot and cold the past few weeks, that she wasn’t ready to set her shields aside just yet. She wanted, needed more. “Not once have you mentioned love. And I need that from you.”

“Isn’t that what I’ve been saying?” he bit out impatiently, cringing when her expression cooled and growled deep in the back of his throat, slamming his hand against the door in frustration. Pressing his brow to hers, his heart hammered, his skin and lungs tightening as he drew an unsteady breath, panic rushing through his veins as he clenched his eyes before meeting her eyes pleadingly, swallowing thickly as she deliberately waited him out.

Shaking her head at his stubbornness, Liz scoffed, her brow winging with exasperation as she fixed him with a pointed look before rolling her eyes and spinning on her heel, reaching for the doorknob to head into the apartment. Grunting when a large hand closed over hers, she shot an irritated glance over her shoulder, her breath hitching as she noticed just how close his face was to hers and met fiery amber eyes, her heart thrumming at the heat flickering in them.

Their eyes clashed and held, battling silently as he took her hand and turned her back around to face him, her lips compressing as he threaded their fingers together. Heart in his throat, he swallowed, pushing through the lump that had formed there and inhaled deeply as he broke their gaze first, fixing on an unseen point as he gathered his courage before meeting hers once more and blurted out shakily, “I love you.”

“I have loved you for as long as I can remember,” he confessed after a beat, growing more confident as she looked at him in surprise and a touch of wariness, the acceptance and admission of his feelings breaking something inside himself, making it easier for him to express those all too difficult words. Pressing his hands against the door on either side of her head, almost daring her to deny him this time, he asserted much more firmly. “I love you and I don’t care what our friends think about it.”

Liz eyed him warily, inhaling sharply at the conflicting mix of irritation, uncertainty and love shimmering in his sherry-favored orbs, her own darting over his face apprehensively as she crossed her arms over her chest in a slightly defensive gesture, still intent on protecting her heart after the past few weeks. Tearing her gaze from his, she closed her eyes, her mind whirling as she tried to process everything he said; it would be so easy to give in and forgive him, but was he serious this time?

Was he really ready?
Last edited by Ashita on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.