Regent (UC,M/L,K/L,ADULT) complete, 4/7/2012

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 6, Ch22, 2/26/2012

Post by ken_r »

Chapter 23

Zander worked out with Kyle almost every day. Latreese took to running with Liz in the mornings. She had never felt so alive. They both would sit in the shade and watch Zander work at catching and later, follow the men back to the school where Kyle had retired, to borrow the batting cadge. It took a while, but Zander finally caught on to the physics that allowed the bat to connect the ball. He also learned to visually see which balls were hittable and which he would let slide. The new coach at Roswell high, at Kyle’s request, allowed Zander to work out with the track team many afternoons. A couple of college scouts saw Zander a few times. They timed his pitch at 120 miles per hour. Of course, their instruments had been off. No young man, totally unheard of, could throw that fast. They arranged a few trials for him in batting and his swing was unerringly accurate. Most of his hits went out of the park. The disappointment was that Kyle explained that Zander was a foreign visitor who wanted to take baseball back to his home. Of course, that was a lie; no way could the Antarian form undertake the strain of such a sport. Kyle did sign Zander up for summer leagues and arrange for Antarian recorders to make a visual record to take back for Max. Toward the end of summer, they did receive a surprise request. The king requested that the queen and the regent host the future queen for a time so she could prepare herself for her future duties. For a time, the king requested that the future queen be given a small apartment within the queens mansion. That was the first time he had referred to Liz’s house as a mansion.

---------------------------

Jimmy and Laurie were back in their second year of college. Jimmy was still living in Las Cruces and Laurie was going to school in Albuquerque. The only difference was that Jimmy had given up his athletic scholarship. “I am not really into playing ball,” Jimmy said. “Let the money go to some other kid who really needs it, some kid who can only go to college if he has financial assistance.

Occasionally, Zander and Latreese would meet them in Albuquerque and the four would go to shows, sporting events and, of course, the State Fair. The main attraction of the State Fair was the cowboy rodeo. “It is so barbaric,” Zander once said.

“It recreates a time when men were closer to the animals they raised. The rodeo celebrates the skills the cowboys used before they had so many machines,” Jimmy tried to explain.

The two Antarians couldn’t even recall a time in their history when animals and men strove against one another using their raw strength. That humans were only two lifetimes away from the time when they all lived this way was amazing. They found the half-time music of the rodeo fascinating. Later, the couple would explore ‘country music’ and learn that many of those archaic times were celebrated also in music.

There was a surprise visit of Isabel and Jesse. At first, Latreese stood in front of her prince. Then, she saw that Isabel, in her own right, was of Antarian heritage. It was the way that Isabel hugged Zander and said, “I am your Aunt Isabel,” that finally let Latreese become at ease. The conversations with Jesse were what decided that Zander and Latreese would visit Isabel and Jesse back east for a while. “Zan, if you want exposure to how governments work, or maybe don’t work, you need to return with us to where the government is located,” Jesse stated.

It was decided that for about six months, Zander and Latreese would follow Isabel and Jesse back east. Zander would become an intern at Jesse’s law firm and Latreese would find herself under the tutelage of Isabel in fashion, society and being a gracious host. “Will you be part of Zander’s path to being king?” Isabel asked.

Latreese shook her head, “No, Aunt Isabel, but I will be the advisor of the queen when she does those things.”

Isabel frowned, but she needed to study the Antarian culture more.

------------------------------------

There was that time when Jimmy called Laurie. “Laurie, I won’t take you to any place behind the bleachers, but I would like to take you to a hotel room this weekend,” he invited.

“What’s not to accept?” Christe almost shouted. “The man isn’t into hiding in shadows or in parked cars as I imagined he would be. Girl, this isn’t seduction. Jimmy is straight out inviting you to take the next step with him. You don’t think it will be romantic? Honey, dollars buys donuts, that your experience with Jimmy will be the substance of dreams to come. You always claimed that you were waiting until you found someone you loved. Humh!” she cleared her throat. “Now, you have found someone who dearly loves you!” Christe exclaimed.

The question Laurie had was what do you wear to a date where it is clearly indicated that your clothes will be removed, soon after you arrive? This would not be the place for the dress above the knees and the cleavage clearly accented. You were not trying to attract anyone. That had already been done. Laurie finally settled on slacks without hose, loafers without socks and a simple bra under a loose shirt. She would have to see where things went from there.

The black sedan pulled up and Laurie met Jimmy at the door. For once, Christe kept out of sight. Holding her shoulders, Jimmy kissed her and offered her his arm as he walked her to the vehicle. There was no petting and the small talk was quickly forgotten. Laurie became more nervous by the minute. They were driven to the unloading area of one of the city’s best hotels. That was always a surprise to Laurie. Jimmy, the boy/man who usually wore old jeans, almost worn out tennis shoes and a shirt that had seen better days working in some cotton field, would suddenly do something to remind her that money, to him, was no object. Laurie had learned to accept the limo and the chauffeured sedan as concessions to security. The excesses that Jimmy spent when they were taking Prince Zan and … how did he say it… his companion, could be explained as some political entertainment budget. Many times, the sedan stopped at McDonalds for burgers when they were dating. Then, walking up to the elevator of one of the most exclusive hotels in the city, hand and hand, again made her question, “Who was Jimmy?”

Jimmy took his key card and swiped it in the key slot of the room. He opened the door and stood aside. “I will be back in a few minutes.” With that, he left.

This wasn’t a hotel room; this was a suite. Laurie looked around. There was a desk on one side and several chairs along the side of the room. In the middle was a TV stand with several gadgets all connected and a couch positioned to best view the entertainment. There was a clearing of someone’s throat and Laurie turned to see a woman who she was sure that she had seen working at Jimmy’s house one of the few times she had visited it. “My lady, Jimmy felt that you would be uncomfortable with the assistance usually given to a princess on her meeting with the prince. He did ask that I explain and answer any questions. He also, asked me to show you what was offered,” She said as she waved toward the bedroom. Laurie walked through the doorway, her heart pounding. There was a large bed covered only with one sheet. On the bed was a negligee laid out. Laurie felt the material, it was translucent and softer than anything she had ever seen. The woman, who Laurie remembered was named Kaittie, walked to the bathroom. “Your shower is prepared if you so desire. Jimmy instructed me to leave you at your own devices from this point on.” Kaittie bowed slightly and backed out of the room.

Laurie stood taking everything in. Finally, she shrugged and thought, “I might as well make use of everything. It’s not like I have this happen to me every day.”

Laurie showered, the soap was lightly scented with lilacs. She rinsed and dried herself; then, she walked to the bed. The negligee was so enticing, Laurie couldn’t help, but try it on. All she could say was that the feeling was regal. There was a soft knock on the doors that Kaittie had carefully closed. “Come in,” Laurie softly said. This was a surprise to her as she had no idea of who was on the other side of the door. Normally, she would have been much more cautious.

Jimmy entered and walked up to her. Laurie had no idea of what he would do. Would he take her in his arms? Would he shower her with kisses? That he walked up to about two feet away and stopped was another surprise. Laurie heard music playing softly in the background. She watched almost hypnotized as Jimmy stood before her slowly unbuttoning his shirt and then, dropping and stepping out of his slacks. Now, clad only in his boxers, Jimmy took her in his arms as her fantasy had shown. As they were kissing and she felt Jimmy’s lips traveling over her face, someway his hands had found their way under her gown. At this point, Laurie had placed her arms around his neck to keep them out of the way. Now, Jimmy stepped back taking her hands and placing them on the waistband of his shorts.

Laurie automatically pulled the items down and she was rewarded with the sight of his manhood snapping back to attention as she freed it from confining clothes. The boxers were dropped and Jimmy again stepped out of them. His hands again were under her gown as he guided and lifted her to the center of the bed. As she sat there, Jimmy was pushing the gown up and over her head. Laurie was now at the place she had dreamed about. She was making love with someone she believed she loved.

Later Laurie’s mind was still not clear. She was lying in the middle of the bed, her gown lying on the floor. Jimmy was lying beside her, his naked body indicating the exhausting excitement they had both indulged in. As he pulled her close, she whispered, “This was nothing like I pictured it.”

Jimmy looked at her. “What do you mean?” he asked.

“I always pictured loosing my virginity after the exhaustive pleading of my lover. I pictured it in the back seat of a car or on a blanket under the shadows of the trees in the park. I would, then, lay back wondering at the guilt of something that had no reversal. I never pictured wearing a gown of value that I probably have no comprehension. I never pictured being in what is probably a bridal suite. I never pictured, of what I see, as contentment of everything being so right,” Laurie stated.

“It is not the bridal suite. It is the royal suite,” Jimmy stated.

“Why did you have one of your mother’s security here tonight?” Laurie asked.

“Kaittie is one of the women who help prepare my mother when she is presented to the king. I didn’t think you were ready for this, so I asked her to show and explain what was offered. I hope you didn’t find her intrusive,” Jimmy said.

“I guess I was more surprised. What would be the preparation for the king be like?” she asked.

“You would be bathed, you would be anointed and you would be massaged. Then, finally you would be dressed, given an energy elixir and left to wait for your lover,” Jimmy explained. “When I was a teenager, still resenting that my mother went to Max instead of my father, I picked the lock of the king’s chamber and read the instruction book. The ladies who served my mother each added to the instructions. Then, I understood. My mother was obligated to serve the king. True, she had and probably still did, love him. It was all formal. Then, as I saw things, she returned to my father a totally different person. I decided that this was what made her great. That was when I turned to the little girls who had been hinting, ever since I had started playing sports,” Jimmy explained.

“Now that you have been with me, will you return to the little girls or at least have fond memories of them?” Laurie asked.

“Naw, that is all past. I want one person who will stand by me the rest of my life. I want a wife, not a companion,” Jimmy stated.
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
History is made of wars, recovering from wars and preparing for the next war.
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 7, Ch23, 2/3/2012

Post by ken_r »

mary mary: I don't think Max would think of Liz as anything other than his queen. Different cultures different ways

begonia9508

keepsmiling7: I created a totally different set of cultural values, but they still have prices to pay.

Chapter 24

Jimmy had decided to transfer his college credits to the university in Albuquerque. He had asked Laurie to marry him and the wedding would be in the summer. Jimmy explained it, “We can apply for married housing or even get an apartment if we choose.”

The Kestlers were more difficult. “How long have you known this man?” her mother asked.

“I met him in high school. We were friends. We would hang out when we had time last summer. He attends the university in Las Cruces and he would drive up to Albuquerque to see me on weekends. We started dating, going to university functions and things around the city. Later, he had some guests who were foreign students. We took them out showing them many things about the southwest and the city,” Laurie tried to explain.

“What about your studies?” her father asked. “Do you intend to just drop them?”

“No, Jiimmy has given up his athletic scholarship and wants to join me in Albuquerque,” Laurie stated.

“What about his family? Have you met them?” mom inquired.

“Yes, they live here in Roswell. His father was a teacher at Roswell High. He has retired. His mother runs their house. I know as much as you can know about anyone. They seem like nice people,” Laurie finished.
“When do we meet them?” was the next question.

“Jimmy says this summer. He wants to wait until most of his family is home. One brother is in graduate school with his wife. The other is back east interning with his aunt and uncle. They are lawyers. Now, only his sister is still at home,” Laurie explained.

For now that would be all her family could have. Of course there was “google.” The Kestlers were very curious about who wanted the heart and body of their daughter.

---------------------------------

Summer wasn’t here yet, but the new visitor to the Valenti mansion was arriving. Zander and Latreese had returned. Latreese thought that shopping with Liz had been one of the high points of her life. Shopping with Aunt Isabel was literally out of her world. At first, Latreese was disturbed that Isabel was one of those who hoarded her possessions. She was to learn that except for a few favorites, the clothes of Isabel eventually, found their way to foundations, who sold them and used the money for charity projects.

Zander learned what the term “gopher,” meant. The actions of finding things for the members of the firm did give him insight into the legal system. He learned the complications of the legal system. He and Jesse debated long into the nights on democracy and the monarchy of Antar.

Jesse arranged for Zander to observe congress and even meet the president. “Mr. President, may I present the heir of a certain country that for now, must remain nameless. He is visiting us to observe government in action.” With a hand shake and a nod from his advisors, the president had a few words for the young ruler. He didn’t ask questions, there were so many deals on the Q.T. that is on the quiet, that the president only asked questions if he had to delve deeper into the person before him.

All this passed before them as the black limo drove up. When the doorbell rang, it was seen that five women composed the party. Four of them were dressed in the austere black suits of security; one in front, one on each side and one following the small girl dressed in a light suit who stood trembling for her introduction.

“Presenting the queen apparent to the family of the reigning queen. Her highness, Xenia,” the announcer said.

Liz stepped toward the frightened girl and the four bodyguards immediately blocked her path. Latreese, her self wearing the uniform of security, stepped up between the guards and the queen. Latreese said something in a strange language and the four women immediately bowed as they backed out of the room. Latreese switched to English and said to the still trembling girl, “Xenia, I am head of your prince’s security. I will be your security, your advisor and, I hope, your friend. For your stay here, the queen and the regent will be your guardians.”

Looking around, it was seen that the prince was absent. Latreese said in a voice that could be heard by all, “Your prince will arrange to meet with you in private.” With that, Latreese led the girl to her quarters. Looking through the still opened door, it was seen that her security had disappeared.

Liz turned to Kaittie. “If this is the prince’s bride, I want some papers attesting to her legal age,” Liz demanded.

This, clearly, was not a request from her friend, Liz. Liz made no question about it. This was a demand from the queen. Kaittie slightly bowed her head and said, “Yes, m’lady.”

It was a matter of hours until another black sedan drove up to the mansion. A tall slender man stepped out of the back seat and walked to the door carrying a brief case. He bowed slightly when he was presented to Liz. “Your majesty,” he started. “It was anticipated that documentation would be needed and quickly. This documentation needs to be exercised as soon as possible,” he stated.

“Why didn’t those making up the human body for this girl make her look a little older?” was the first question Liz asked.

There was a slight smile from the dignitary. “You must understand that the human component is innate within the Antarian. There might be some custom additions, but the over all form is determined by nature. You noticed that Zander looked a lot like Max when he was young. That was part of his genetic structure. The species from which the young queen is derived always look younger than their true age. That couldn’t be helped in the human form. Might I remind you that you were carded until you were almost 30 by any place which served alcohol,” he said.

“Yes, but I understand that there are some custom changes that can be made in the human form,” Liz stated, blushing as she remembered the king saying that his people augmented parts of him, because of racial pride.

The dignitary nodded. “But, those were changes that could be done. Making the queen-to-be and making her look older wasn’t one of those,” he said, clearly not wanting to go further in this discussion with the queen.

--------------------------------

Meanwhile in the king’s apartment, “Does this mean that she must come between us,” Zander asked as he held Latreese?

“No, my lord, but you have known since childhood that I am only your companion. Convention within our society allowed us to become lovers, but you always knew that the day would come when you must take a queen, someone who will give you an heir. This was a political decision. The king could avoid this decision for himself, but he never could do it for his prince. My lady, Xenia, is as frightened as you and remember, she has no one to support her. That will be left to me. Since the time when she was brought before the court at Antar, her people have abandoned her. She fulfilled some political promise and they left her care to your family. She had no one to stand by her when she under-went the conversion to human. Now, she is in a world she has had little preparation for. It will be for us, with the help of Queen Liz, to make the new queen,” Latreese narrated.

Zander shuddered. Before everyone, including his new queen, he must show strength. Latreese was the only one who he could afford to let see himself as he really felt. As king, Zander could banish all those surrounding him. It would be difficult, but he could even banish the queen. Only Latreese would stand with him no matter what. Latreese might advise, Latreese might warn, but Latreese would never desert him. That was unthinkable.

At dinner, Liz was warned that both Zander and Xenia would take their meal in their rooms. “Tonight, Latreese will introduce the new princess to the prince and tomorrow, things will revert to normal,” Kaittie informed her.

It was early that evening when Liz was making her rounds to assure herself that the household was running smoothly that she came upon Latreese sitting in the hall, crying. Liz sat beside her and Latreese, without thinking that she was addressing the queen, turned to Liz. “I am preparing my own execution,” she said.

Liz held the young lady, who in her eyes was still a child. “It is hard, I know,” Liz stated.

Latreese pulled back, “How so, my lady,” she murmured.

Liz mused, “I was even younger than you. I was given a vision that I was to give the king to someone else. The someone else, was a powerful force. Later, we decided that she created the vision. I was there trying to convince Max that I didn’t love him anymore and I even tried to go to the other girl and tell her how to win him. Max and I hadn’t even cemented our relationship. It was so hard to give my rival tips to win Max over. I am sure that she was laughing at me the whole time. Well, finally, I set up a stage where Max thought that I had given my virginity to Kyle. It was that Kyle was willing to do this for me and to protect our secret that convinced Max that Kyle would be very loyal to me when Max later learned the truth. At the time, nothing made what we did any easier,” Liz told Latreese.

Latreese was now sitting, bent over, with her hands folded resting on her knees. “We still have our duty, my lady. We still have our duty,” She sobbed.

Liz left and turned with a medicine bottle and some tissues. “Here, try this. It will get the redness out of your eyes. Wash your face and face the child you must guide,” Liz instructed.

-------------------------------

“No, my lady, you must speak English. The prince and I were prepared for years. You must learn in a matter of a few weeks. The king has decreed that you must gain as much from the experience as you can to assist Zander in his rule,” Latreese instructed. In her mind, Latreese thought, “It will be me who assists Zander. That is what my life has always been about. A queen who Zander is unhappy about will not make him a good ruler. Xenia must be prepared to appear that she is completely in accord with any of his decisions. It will still be me who brings both of them together. What do I get? I am the first concubine, the lover whom he turns to when things get really bad. I will be the one who holds both of their hands as the people cheer. Long live King Zander and his wise wife, Queen Xenia.” Those were worrisome, but accurate thoughts as she entered Xenia’s room.

The girl was still sitting on her bed. Her hands were folded in her lap and tears were streaming down her face. Latreese could only thank the all knowing queen who lad left the bottle of eye medicine with her. “My lady,” Latreese began. “Let me doctor your eyes. They must not be red when you face the prince. The queen’s lady in waiting will be here soon and we must prepare you to meet the prince. You were chosen to stand strong by his side.”

Latreece’s thoughts reverted to slang she had learned on Earth, “Chosen, my ass, child, you were only payment for some deed, done long before you were born. Now, like the rest of us, you must assume your duties. My duty, may it be damned, is to make you into a queen who the prince will love.” Of course, these were thoughts Latreese would never utter aloud. To do so might even be treason. Dead, she would be of no use to Zander. All that preparation would have gone to waste.

Latreese sat holding Xenia’s hand. The sobbing had finally stopped and Latreese had reasonably repaired Xenia’s eyes and face. Finally Kaittie entered. This would be the only time she assisted in Xenia’s preparation. From now on it would be up to Latreese. Kaittie was dressed in the uniform of preparation for a royal union. Only once had she been at such an occasion in other clothes and that was when she advised Laurie the first time she had sex with Jimmy. Latreese slipped away to don her terry cloth uniform. Neither of the women understood that Xenia was much easier than had been Liz when she first faced the return of the king. Xenia was used to having her body manipulated by others. She was washed, she was dried, she was anointed and she was dressed in preparation for her prince. Latreese sat her down with Kaittie to wait until she, Latreese, had one more talk with the prince.

Latreese was still dressed in her terry cloth top and kilt. She did wear a robe that was loosely held together. Zander was waiting as his instruction. Seeing Latreese and seeing that, obviously, she was wearing little under that kilt aroused him. “Calm down, my prince.” Usually, Latreese was never that formal with him. Zander was dressed in a lounging suit that Latreese knew from experience, he could shed with the wave of his hand. “Your princess is prepared. Well I know of your impatience. This is a time for caution. Whatever you do, soon will determine the rest of your life. With me, you have given me license to speak my mind, even say things that would condemn another to death. The princess will probably never complain, but how she acts with you will be with you forever.”

With that speech, Latreese left to return with the princess. Latreese quickly left. Not only because of decorum viewing the mating of her future king, but, Latreese could barely stand it that soon Zander would appear before Xenia in a way that only Latreese had known before.

In the white translucent gown, only the g-string gave the princess any protection. Zander stood before her, driving all other thoughts out of his mind. He must never compare what he had with Latreese with any other. There was no guilt with what he and Latreese had been doing since their puberty. There would be no guilt with what he and Latreese would do in the future. He had to face the woman before him without any baggage. There was a gasp when he dropped, in a single motion, his clothes. Xenia had never before faced a man with an erection. “Gently, gently,” the spirit of Latreese whispered in his ear.

Zander walked toward the princess and took her in his naked arms. His hands under her gown and soon the gown was over her head. Her g-string removed and soon they were stretched out on his bed. Only he and Latreese had been on this bed before.

Liz did stop by for a few minutes to hold the sobbing Latreese, sitting in the hall. Royal romance had a very high price to pay for all.
Good teachers are born that way, not made. No! Good human beings, are born that way. Some of them become teachers.

Of course, life is not fair. You shouldn't expect it to be fair, but you should expect it to be ironic.
JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 7, Ch24, 2/10/2012

Post by ken_r »

mary mary: Mating cats or members of the weasel family (Ferrets, otters etc.) are worse. Often they almost kill each other. listening to what is said about Prince William and his wife, there is so much talk about when the heir will be born. In the first "God Father" movie it is said that getting pregnant was an all important thing in the first year of marriage. Romance may be a concept only a couple of hundred years old. I have a story coming up where the romance of Max and Liz is paralleled by another romance that takes place 10,000 years ago. I did this to compare the romances many years apart.

keepsmiling7: Right

begonia9508: In this situation, Love is hard to define. The queen will always be at Zander's side, but both she and Zander will be counseled by Latreese. Harem is a little week for what they have. Now if Zander adds other par-amours, then we are talking harem.

Chapter 25

Ed and Edith Kestler were sitting at dinner with their prospective in-laws. Laurie had warned them that Jimmy’s family was complicated. Jimmy’s big brother, Alex, seemed to be a bright young man, as was his wife, Maya. They both were in medical research. It was explained that Alex’s father was Liz’s first husband. Jimmy’s sister was a darling little girl. She stole everybody’s heart. Jimmy’s mother seemed slightly distracted, but Ed believed that was because she was responsible for the running of the house. Ed couldn’t shake the idea that she had other responsibilities. Jimmy’s father was a good natured man, an ex-jock who Ed remembered slightly from his high school days. Ed had grown up in a town near Roswell. They all had heard of some of the innovations Kyle had made in sports activities for the family at his former high school. There were three houseguests. They had been introduced as foreign exchange students. The young man introduced as belonging to the family of Liz’s former husband and two ladies introduced as companions who had been sent to the Valenti household for a visit. It was explained that Zander and Latreese had spent time in Washington D.C. with his father’s sister and her husband. He had been an intern in Jesse Ramirez’s law firm. It was hoped that Jesse and Isabel would be able to attend Jimmy’s wedding.

Later, when Ed and Edith were back home undressing for bed, Ed said, “They were not explaining everything.”

“Well, did you expect to be told all the family secrets? Many of those are for Laurie to discover for herself,” Edith stated.

“I just think there is more there than is apparent. How did a school teacher earn enough to have a mansion like that? Did you see the ladies working in the kitchen? I wonder, how many servants they actually have? I wonder how many are illegal aliens, people with out papers?” Ed mused.

It was even more interesting when Edith met Isabel. “Hi, I don’t want to interfere, but Jimmy is my nephew and the family has been torn apart since my brother left Liz. I would like to help. That might make up for the many years I couldn’t spoil my nephews and my niece.”

Maria Lynn would be flower girl again. Since Kaittie and her mate were not intending to return to Antar, they had been allowed a child. Their son was named George after the first president of the US and also, two other presidents, later. He would be the ring bearer.

Isabel took Xenia by hand and led her to the “Weddings R Us,” store. Xenia had never experienced the fun of shopping for beautiful clothes. She knew some where in the back of her mind that when she returned to Antar, these feelings would not be understood. For now, Aunt Isabel refusing one gown after another was the most fun she had ever had.

Of course, Christe was bride’s maid. Alex would stand up with Jimmy as best man. Maya, Xenia and Latreese were in the bridal party. Jimmy asked two friends from the team at Las Cruces, along with Zander to even out the party. Even though they were not happy that Jimmy was quitting the team next year, they still liked him and consented to stand with him. Zander would walk out escorting Xenia as that was proper. Zachery, the second baseman, would be paired with Maya and Rusty, the catcher, would be paired with Latreese. “Hey Zach, did you got stuck with that married gal? Mine is free at least I think she is,” Rusty whispered to his friend.

The older Isabel had tried to be available, but Edith Kestler had most things in hand. There was that whisper from Xenia, heard only by Izzy. “I wish my wedding could be like this one.”

Isabel kept remembering this and as the wedding progressed, she was developing a plan.

The wedding, reception and the rest went as normal. Jimmy only had his immediate family and some strange people, that Ed Ketsler had trouble identifying. It was said that they were associates of Jimmy’s dad and mom. Of course, Aunt Isabel was the life of the party. Isabel and her lawyer husband were part of the beltway politics. Ed had no trouble talking to them. Some of the other guests, were very evasive when Ed tried to pin them down to occupation and place of origin. A black sedan drove up and Jimmy and Laurie got in. They were driven to the hotel where Laurie had first faced Jimmy in love. They had spent many nights in hotels after dates and, sometimes, as the date itself. They had never returned to the royal suite. Jimmy carried her in the door and kissed her as Mrs. Valenti. “Please, let my mother’s women attend you,” was his last request as he left the room.

Laurie saw the woman who had explained the offerings of the room her first time with Jimmy. Laurie was surprised to see that Latreese was also present. Both women were dressed in terry cloth tube tops of some kind and kilts of the same material. In the dates they had gone on, Laurie had gotten very close to Latreese. Now, the woman seemed distanced. “May we prepare my lady for her prince?” Latreese asked.

Laurie could only nod. What happened next was like a fantasy. Laurie had never showered with other women, especially as they were soaping and rinsing her over and over. Laurie had bathed occasionally with Jimmy, but this was so different.

The anointing, the g-string and the gown, at least the gown was similar to the one she had worn that first time with Jimmy. While sitting on the wedding bed and sipping the stimulate drink, she heard Jimmy enter. Laurie stood and faced Jimmy. For several minutes, he stood looking at her. Jimmy had seen her naked many times. What was different this time? Jimmy wasn’t alien and he couldn’t erase his clothes with a wipe of his hand. As before he slowly unbuttoned his shirt and let it fall to the floor. His pants fell as he released them. Jimmy kicked off his shoes. He wasn’t wearing any socks. Laurie thought, she was sure that Jimmy was wearing socks when they walked to the royal suite door.

Jimmy placed her hands on the waistband of his boxers. Laurie had felt his manhood many times while making love. Now, pulling those boxers brought back that first night. This intention for sex had been experienced many times before, but this time she couldn’t take her eyes off his erection. Jimmy pulled her close and they collapsed onto the bed.

Outside the bedroom door, Latresse sat as she waited on her charges. Still in her terry cloth uniform, Latreese was also wrapped in a robe. This had been so much easier than it had been for Xenia and Zander. Latresse considered both Laurie and Jimmy her close friends. She had contributed to their final act of marriage. No matter how many times they had made love before tonight, it was the first time for Mr. and Mrs. James Valenti.

Kyle sat at home thinking. Now, he had sent his own son off down the path of marriage. The one thing that had been missing was his father and Maria’s mother. No one knew where they were. Not even Maria knew; they called her only occasionally.

---------------------------

Xenia had wished for a wedding like Laurie’s. Isabel had consented to produce it and she even got Maria and Michael to promise to attend. Latreese had told Xenia about the responsibility the queen and regent had for the three of them. Xenia decided that she wanted Kyle to act in place of her father. That wouldn’t be hard as her real father, the one who planted the seed within her mother, had carried her to the court of the king and with the simple words, “I consider our debt paid in full,” he left, never to be seen by her again.

When Xenia had felt the need to rearrange her room, instead of calling the security people, Kyle had pitched in and done her bidding. When they were through with the difficult work, Kyle had led her to the kitchen and over two Coco Colas they laughed about women always needing to arrange their nest. No one had ever done that for her and with her, before. When Zander had gone off with Latreese, for some reason leaving Xenia alone at the house, she gazed sadly out the window watching them go and it was Kyle with still another Coke who murmured, “Sometimes the ones we love have to leave us. We can only hope they return.”

Xenia thought, does he mean that for me or does he understand watching someone he loves leave also? Anyway, Liz and Kyle were so much better to her than her parents on Antar, had ever been. She knew that this was a human feeling she was experiencing. Back home, it would have been seen as a slight inconvenience.

George was pressed into being ring bearer, again. It hadn’t been that bad and he had never been hugged by so many big breasted women in his life before. As his face was buried in those half naked breasts, George thought, “This doesn’t mean that much to me,” but George wasn’t any dummy. He was sure the memory would mean a lot more later, as he grew up. He collected pictures of each occurrence and kept them for later. No, big breasted women didn’t mean much to George now, but there was Susie Smith, his partner in elementary science lab. Susie was far from big breasted. In fact, she was as flat as any boy. George was sure that she had potential. He invited her to the wedding reception. She would be his partner when they started the wedding dancing.

The attendance to the royal wedding were only aliens and the few humans who partnered with them or in Susie’s case were close friends thinking of the future. Among those who attended the queen, Eddie had been with her the longest. He officiated. Maria and Michael had flown in as Maria promised. The reunion between Liz and Maria had shut everyone else out. They had so much to talk about and catch up on. For a while, Michael was his usual taciturn self. Alex and Zander finally talked Uncle Mike into joining them in a game of catch with Kyle.

They were resting at a table drinking Cokes when Michael finally thawed. “So both of you are Max’s boys,” he stated.

They both nodded as Alex stated, “Uncle Mike, I can just barely remember you when I was little. I remember Aunt Maria and I, faintly, can remember her singing.” Then Alex laughed. “I remember you telling stories about Kyle in high school. I remember one time telling Jimmy that he was acting just like Kyle, at least from your stories.”

“And, Kyle didn’t smack you up side the head. I was pretty mad at Kyle. Of course, the one I was angry at was Max. I always liked Liz as a friend, and I thought Max was taking advantage of her.” Michael looked off somewhere in the distance. “Max could be like that. When he was on a king’s quest, he forgot everyone else. Kyle and I weren’t joined at the hip or anything, but we were friends. I hated to see what I thought was a trap that Max was setting for him. I couldn’t see why he walked into it,” Michael was saying things that should have been said years ago.

Kyle spoke up. “At the time, I hadn’t had a girl for almost three years. Hey, Mike I even fantasized about Isabel. That was going nowhere. I don’t know if Max knew that he would return someday or not. Me going out and finding someone new was frightening. With the changes that were happening, could I be close to anyone without telling them everything? Alex, you know how hard that was and we were not even at war when you explained things to Maya. I think Max was most worried that Liz would want to find someone new and he would lose her forever. When we talked, his argument even made sense to me. I would take care of Liz and I would be there for Alex. Later, when Liz told me she wanted more children, the whole agreement swept through my mind. Of course, Max might never return,” Kyle stated.

“Yeah, and when Liz needed support, I ripped Maria from her and we took off never to return; at least that is what I told my self. Later, I heard that Isabel left also.” Michael looked at the boys, “Let this be a lesson. Don’t let your temper take you from those you have always cared about,” Michael confessed.

Alex perfectly understood what Michael meant. Zander thought, this is one of the costs of being human. Regret was rare among Antarians, at least those in the royal house.

Xenia had her wedding. The clothes, the attention and pageantry all were packed into her memory. This wouldn’t all disappear when she, again, returned to her Antarian form. The affection that Liz and Kyle showed to her would temper her as queen forever. She was sure that these feelings were what the king had intended.

George had memories, so did Susie. Susie wasn’t sure what the memories meant, but George was a nice boy. She couldn’t see why any of her friends might say he had cooties. She was sure that he didn’t.

Zander took Xenia to her quarters. “I will await for you in my apartment,” were his last words. Inside her room, Xenia found Latreese waiting. Latreese was dressed in the terry cloth uniform of a lady attending a queen. Kaittie had informed Latreese that from now on, the future queen would be in her care. Her personal pain didn’t matter. When Latreese returned to the Antarian form, she had been told that she wouldn’t care so much. She would always remember the feelings she had for Zander when she was human. Latreese had been Zander’s playmate. She had been his first lover. If she didn’t anger the royal family, her future with Zander would be assured. Now, she had to make sure that Xenia knew how important tonight was. True Xenia and Zander had been experiencing human love for sometime, but tonight, at least on Earth, Xenia was to be made queen.

“Remember, tonight you are for the prince,” Latreese said. “You must let him feast on vision. What the prince asks from you, do without hesitation. The nights before that you spent with him will pale in time. Tonight will stay with him as he changes back to his Antarian form. The drink I have given you will keep you awake for most of he night. The prince will tire and that is the way it is to be. You will remain, not waking him until I release you tomorrow morning. The more the prince remembers of tonight will determine how he governs when he is finally king. When we return to Antar, except for when the prince demands you or when he demands me, I will remain close to advise you,” with all of that, Latreese led Xenia to Zander’s apartment.

Liz knew instinctively that Latreese would need support when she delivered Xenia to the prince. When Latreese returned to the hallway, she found Liz waiting. As the prince would only allow himself to break down in her presence, Latreese felt that Liz was the only one to whom, she could afford to let her feelings go.

“My existence rests in my poison, I now send to the prince. The better she preforms for him, the better is my situation when he calls for me. If I make her perfect, what need, does he have for a companion? If I make her perfect, the better he governs. Will he still have need of my advice?” Latreese sobbed.

“Latreese, you and the prince are young, but you are adult. Xenia, I don’t care what her documentation is, remains a child. I don’t see Zander going to Xenia when politicians become obstinate. I don’t see him confessing his fears when the royal family becomes rebellious. Zander was taught to trust you. It will be you, when the royal family is in danger, who manages their escape. I am sure that it doesn’t help while you are here, but Xenia will always be an extension of you. We all have duties to the king and his family. Sometimes, they are not pleasant,” Liz whispered to her.
Last edited by ken_r on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 8, Ch25, 2/19/2012

Post by ken_r »

begonia9508 : The only excuse i have for sending aliens to Earth is that something of passion had been lost from Antar. I think your might agree that many older cultures, even though they would not want to live the life, find it refreshing to visit the "Wild West." Many find younger countries and cultures add to the dignity of their history.

keepsmiling7: Please remember i would find it difficult to understand how folks live in New York City. I have been told that if i ever visited there i would be a better person for the experience.

mary mary: One of the saddest things about "One world Government," will be the sameness of everything and everybody. That is also about the strong central government that some want for us. Revolutions and secessions give us variety and that keeps us young.

Chapter 26

The time to return to Antar was getting so close. Zander had had some private time with Kyle. “I was told to give this to you when we were to leave. There was a message and a small box. The message had been sealed and no one had opened it. That was the trust Jenny had shown to her prince.

“My Dearest Kyle.

I am trusting the prince to not open this message. It would greatly anger the king. The times we spent together in the mountains with Sissy are the dearest memories I have. My captain is good and he enjoys what I learned from you. I hope this doesn’t anger you. I couldn’t ever stand you being angry with me. You can answer me as before through the desk of the prince. Please be careful what you say. The thing about monarchies is that everything has ears and eyes.

I don’t know if you know much about our bodies, that is, when we are not stretched out on beds. At death, we decompose quickly. The army was so busy they didn’t see me. I scooped up as much of Sissy’s ash and dust as I could. I wanted to send it to Earth. It would please me if after the queen reads the book of Kyle, that you would arrange a vacation at the cabin where we stayed. The thought of you making love with the queen is very pleasing to me. It would also please the spirit of Sissy, if you could scatter her dust in the meadow where she drew the pictures.

Loving you always,
Jenny

Zander had stepped away from Kyle while he read the letter. “She warned me that the contents of the letter might anger the king. I swore that I would not part with the note except to you and I would never ask about the contents of the letter or the box. I consider Jenny a friend also,” Zander said.

--------------------------------

Kyle and Liz were experiencing the shrinking nest. Alex had returned to school, Jimmy wasn’t that far away, but married, he was worlds away from being their little boy. From now on, Thanksgiving and Christmas would be traded off with another family. Maria Lynn was now in middle school. If you think Middle school is just a place of education, you have never raised a child. Kyle didn’t know anything about raising girls. The only girl he had grown up with was Tess during the time she spent at his father’s house. Oh, yeah, she was an example. Walking around the house in her panties, clucking her tongue while looking at his skin magazines, “Oh, Busty Biker Babyies.” Then, Kyle saw how slow she was in closing her door while undressing. No, he had learned nothing living with Tess, the murderer of Isabel’s first love.

Maria Lynn had not known Max very well. Now, she looked at what her mother had done as license. Her mother had been screwing two men, without any apology. Added to that, was their house guest, under the guise of being a foreign prince, sleeping with two women, whom he took back to Antar and probably every other place he visited. She remembered her parents worrying about Jimmy. True, now Jimmy was as faithful as he could be. Maria Lynn was still young, not yet in high school, but she was thinking more everyday about boys. What did her family’s history mean for her as she formed her morals and ethics?

Liz thought of all the mistakes she had made as a teen. She wondered how her parents lived through all she and Max had done. When they were younger, her children had looked on what she, Max and Kyle did as a screwed up vision of their parents. Not, at least for Maria Lynn, she was asking questions and they were hard to answer. The house that held so many people, now, was becoming empty. Liz was only hoping that she and Maria Lynn could arrive at some sort of peace and understanding before it was too late. Liz had been approached, by Antarian security, asking if she might like to move to smaller quarters. The mansion would become part of the Antarian government on Earth. Liz was determined to hold on until Maria Lynn was out of school.

For Liz, this was a time of reflection. Maybe, she dreamed of the past to take her mind off of Maria Lynn. Liz had, also, contributed to the future of another world. Max had written her detailing what she had done for Zander, Latreese and their future queen, Xenia. Heartaches and disappointments were not the same to Antarians on Antar, but all sentient beings have to suffer some pain in their lives. The three royal children would be better equipped to understand that suffering now that they had spent time on Earth with humans. Latreese had learned something about duty, even when that duty took something precious away from her. Xenia, the little queen-to-be having been left in the courts of the king as payment of some political favor, had now seen and experienced others helping her out of love. Liz and Kyle had acted like the parents she would never know. Isabel, taking her shopping and giving her a human wedding that few on Antar would ever experience, was the act of a relative and friend. Liz fondly hoped that Zander understood that his duty, many times, would bring grief to others. He, like Max, would carry on his obligations, tempered with the knowledge of the cost, to those who loved him.

If Liz could get through the teen years with Maria Lynn, then, she had a lifetime of pains to erase from Kyle. Kyle, who had been a good sport when Liz felt that she had to convince Max to go to Tess, Kyle, who turned his failing life around to raise his two children along with all the aliens who became his family. Liz would never see how much she was like Latreese. Even through the filters of his now, permanent Antarian form, Max saw the being who cared so much for others that she was willing to give up so much of her self. He hoped Latreese always had the wisdom of his human queen, Liz.

-------------------

Retirement hadn’t quite turned out like Kyle had intended. Liz saw him many times in thought with a mysterious box in his lap, holding on to some sort of message and staring out into space. This was a part of him that Kyle hadn’t shared with her. As the years passed, of course, she studied, “The Book of Kyle.” Liz wasn’t sure what she was looking for. Maybe, it was a whiney side of Kyle complaining about his situation. What she found surprised her. She could have been writing the book. Kyle was hurt, but the women contributing to this missive had found this hurt to be as difficult to find as Liz did when Kyle was allowed to return. At first, Karen, the first writer wrote that Kyle must be jealous that his lover has returned to her husband. Her cure was to instigate, “If Liz sleeps with the king, then Kyle should also be unfaithful.” Karen would slip into Kyle’s mind and give him everything he ever wanted. This distracted Kyle, but it also stirred something in Karen while in her human form. To those of Antar, the king had said, ‘love was nothing like it was for humans.’ At the time when the Antarians thought they needed a distraction for Kyle so the king could have his way, it was Karen, what we would call a sociologist in Earth culture, who volunteered. Becoming the lover of the regent, meant that the Antarian would be immediately shipped back home with the king was the high cost. What Karen thought she would would receive for her trouble was an inner view of Earth psychology. What she actually received was Earth passion. It was Karen who started “The Book of Kyle.”

Passions, like humans saw them did not turn on and off with any switch. When, with mind tricks, she drove Liz from his immediate mind, Karen found herself at the focus of Kyle’s passion. Twice Karen released his mind. First, when the king wanted Kyle back with the queen while he visited the Antarian emigrants and then, when Karen was to leave with the king leaving Kyle and Liz alone for another ten years. Both times, Kyle returned to Liz who he really had passion for.

Karen suggested that the next time, Kyle be furnished with two companions. In reality, the two companions were to care for each other. This was a much more difficult time. Kyle had no idea of what was going to happen the first time with Karen. The next time even with the two companions, it was more difficult. Kyle now was having to share Liz, the queen, but Kyle was sharing AlexZander also. It raced through Kyle’s mind, what would be worse, to be ignored by Alex in his marriage or to have to appear along with Max at the event. Kyle already knew of the pain he would have being separated from Liz.

For Kyle before the wedding, being with the two companions, it wasn’t that different from being with Karen the first time. After the wedding, it didn’t take many mind tricks. To rid himself of the pain, Kyle embraced both women. That day in the open field with Sissy’s sketch book Kyle fell in love. He didn’t love Liz any less, but as she did with the king, Kyle learned it was possible to love more than one woman. When Sissy was killed in the accident, Kyle was deeply affected. Reading, Liz saw that the companions, alien though they be, in human form, deeply loved Kyle. As Max could never comeback to her, so also, the companions would be forbidden to ever return to Earth. When caring for Max’s alien son and his wife and companion, they both learned that all they had left besides their three children was each other. Jenny in her semi secret messages sent by way of the prince, constantly encouraged the queen to take Kyle back to the retreat in Arizona. Liz didn’t know that Kyle likewise had a commission, given when Zander gave him the box.

Also in the messages from the prince of Antar, there was a request that in ten years, when the government became stable enough to allow his absence, he wanted to return with his companion, Latreese. Xenia would forever more be tied to their house, caring for the royal heirs. She was way too important to make the trip to Earth and the transformation it entailed. Her one trip to meet the queen was more than most mothers of Antarian royalty would ever be allowed.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 8, Ch26, 2/24/2012

Post by ken_r »

keepsmiling7: There is always a time when parents could look back and wonder how their past, affected their children.

mary mary: I keep remembering the movie "Red Dawn."

Chapter 27

The only fear Liz had was leaving Maria Lynn without supervision. The little girl who had so many questions when in middle school, now in high school and about the same age of Liz when she met Max, was forming her own answers. Aunt Isabel stepped in offering to stay with Maria Lynn. Maria Lynn was sure that with Aunt Isabel, she would gain some license. How wrong she was. True, with Isabel, Maria and her aunt would spend in a week, more shopping than the Antarian government was allotting for six months. But if Maria Lynn was figuring on getting laid by her current boyfriend, while her mother was out of town, she didn’t know Isabel.

Isabel insisted on meeting her date before they went out. That was okay, because Maria Lynn was sure that good old Isabel would pat him on the arm and command them to have fun. By the time, Isabel had douched his mind of all what she considered bad intentions toward her niece, Wild Billy Chatterley quickly drove his Harley home, showered, shaved and quickly returned in a sports jacket and driving the family car rather than his low riding Hog. There after, even his parents noticed the change in their son. Maria Lynn thought even her parents hadn’t interfered this much in her life.

“Honey, I am not telling you not to go out and have sex on your date, because if I did, you would probably do it anyway. I am saying, make sure that the lover you are with is worthy. Wild Billy isn’t the one for you, but William Chatterley might be. Evaluate him closely and then, decide what you want to do,” Isabel charged her niece.

Maria Lynn had never been approached like that. She knew her mother was worried about her becoming an adult and she didn’t care. Maria lynn was mad at her mother anyway. A woman who openly slept with two men had no right to lecture anyone about how they ran their life. Maria could count. She didn’t have enough evidence, but she was beginning to believe that her mother had married Max because she had to. Just how much, was her mother screwing around when she was at the age, Maria Lynn was now? Now, all her carefully formed arguments were dead in the water. Aunt Isabel hadn’t made it about her mother, family honor or anything like she expected. Aunt Isabel had laid Maria’s moral values right on Maria Lynn her self. If she, Maria, was going to become sexually active, she had to make plans to take care of her self and to place value on where she placed her charms. This had nothing to do with her mother. William Chatterley didn’t get laid that night.

--------------------

Someone in the house had packed what Liz and Kyle needed in the two suitcases. At first, Liz thought Kaittie was responsible. Kaittie had been responsible for the running of the mansion for so long. She and her husband had both become hard workers in their adoptive home. Kaittie wasn’t seen anywhere around that evening. Kyle had his own pack which he carefully placed with the suitcases. Liz wasn’t that sure about what they were doing so she trusted who ever did their packing.

The trip north out of Roswell was as boring as drying paint, unless you admired cows. The sun was still up as they made it toward Interstate 40. Once on the Interstate going west, the traffic was heavy but then, you had to be into big trucks to appreciate it. Arnold hadn’t seen fit to return to Antar, after all, so he was still their chauffer. He guided the black limo like it was a fighter plane. Liz thought as she leaned against Kyle that Arnold liked being a chauffeur. He liked driving the big vehicle.

They pulled into Albuquerque for gas. West of Albuquerque is actually a pretty drive. That is, it is pretty in the daytime. It was dark as they headed toward Arizona. Liz was leaning against Kyle, his arms wrapped around her . She was dozing as they drove. She couldn’t get into a hard sleep due to the swish, swish as they passed the big trucks. This was punctuated by the many slowdowns for road construction. When they turned south to take the back way into Phoenix, the traffic diminished greatly. If it had been daytime, this part of the trip would have been interesting. They weren’t going all the way to Phoenix, they would make a turn into the mountains about an hour before the big city. It would be early morning when they arrived at the Antarian cabin. It was pitch dark and both Liz and Kyle were groggy from trying to sleep. They had spent most of the night in each other’s arms. The surprise was when they arrived. Arnold removed the luggage and carefully handed Kyle his backpack. It was Kaittie who welcomed them dressed in a housecoat. They were led to their room and the luggage sat on the floor. Kyle and Liz removed enough clothes to be comfortable. Soon, they were fast asleep.

It was the sounds of the mountains that woke them that morning. The window had been opened and the smell of pines was in the air. The Pines were singing as the slight breeze vibrated the pine needles. A fool jaybird was outside their window calling to all his friends that the cabin, once again, was inhabited and he expected those inside to be generous with what they set out for him and all his relatives.

The smell of eggs and bacon was coming from the kitchen. Liz swung her legs off the bed and entered the bathroom. She was surprised that a shower was included. Also, just before entering the room, she found a chair with a light tube top and a wrap around skirt. Sitting on it. Bikini underwear was included. Liz quickly showered and dressed. Kyle was sitting on the edge of the bed trying to get cobwebs out of his mind.

Kyle thought who ever thought of that phrase? “cobwebs” was a good term for his foggy thoughts. As he centered his thinking that they were back at the cabin in Arizona, sticky weblets kept adhering to him as he remembered that he was here with his wife. Visions of Jenny and Sissy kept intruding, confusing his thinking even more. He saw Liz emerging from the bathroom, barefooted, but dressed similar to the loves who had entertained him before. No the skirt wasn’t right and Kyle saw no sign of the g-string. As Liz bent to get her walking shoes, Kyle saw that it wasn’t a g-string at all, Liz’s butt was covered by a black bikini. That brought Kyle to wondering about women’s clothes. Girls/women wore clothes to attract men, even when there was no competition. The g-strings that Jenny and Sissy wore were to indicate that there was very little between themselves and Kyle’s lust. The skirt they both wore that time in the meadow, was barely a flap in front and one in behind. Now, the wrap around, short skirt that Liz wore this morning might be less revealing, but it still invited removal by its simple construction.

Kyle hurried his shower and when he got out, he found simple hiking shorts and a light tee shirt, along with hiking shoes had been set out in his absence.

Liz entered the kitchen where Kaittie had set out breakfast. “Kaittie you should have called me, I would have helped you with the preparation,” Liz said.

Kaittie shook her head. “No, Ma’am, orders from the king, we may all work together back home, but here you are the queen. Your wishes and those of the king are my responsibility.”

Kyle walked in and Kaittie said, “Your honor, I hope everything is to your liking.” She gave a slight bow.

Kyle walked over to give Kaittie a hug. “Kaittie, everything you do is to my liking as always,” he stated.

“Ah, your honor, save all of that for the queen. You have the other thing to do today, also,” Kaittie reminded him with a slight rebuke.

This was all studied by Liz. Back home, Kyle, many times had hugged Kaittie in appreciation. Kyle was like that when he felt comfortable. The only time she remembered, Kaittie talking like Liz wasn’t in the room or in the third person was when she was preparing something for the king. So that is what this must be. Kaittie was preparing them for some exercise commanded by the king. Hundreds of light years away, or maybe even more, Max was still controlling them. Liz thought, here she was called the queen. Back on Antar, even Zander might be using the title of king when he was referring to his human family. Now, Zander was very close to that woman, Jenny. Zander could very well be doing this, not with the knowledge or permission of the king, but under the influence of Kyle’s paramour. That did not have to be taken as an affront or even as a challenge to Liz. Antarians were confusing as to how they saw things, especially when they had once been human and now, had returned to their natural form. For all Liz knew, Jenny with the help of Zander, was trying to give the regent and queen a present in exchange for the hospitality they had received on Earth.

Kaittie handed Liz a backpack. She also gave Liz a topology map from the US Geological Survey collection. There was a trail marked out by an outliner. Liz didn’t check to see what else was in her backpack. Kaittie handed Kyle another pack. “Your honor, it is safely packed in here,” Kaittie cryptically said to Kyle.

Both Liz and Kyle were in good shape for their ages. Liz walked or ran almost every morning. That was one thing she enjoyed doing with Latreese. Kyle had been a very active coach. He was not one of those who sat at the side lines with a beer belly and shouted his orders to his team. When Kyle was working with the track team, he ran most of the crosscountries treks with them. Just before he retired, he had found that the longer treks, were started by him. Then, he cut across country to encourage the team as it approached the finish line. The entire length was not in him any longer.

They were walking slower and talking more than Kyle had done with Sissy and Jenny. “Kyle, the king won’t stand between us any more,” Liz stated.

Kyle grunted, “Don’t bet too much on that Liz. You are still his and I am only he who is charged to care for you.”

“That is sexist, Kyle. I don’t belong to anybody,” Liz declared.

“Don’t you, Liz? Don’t I? When the king speaks, we obey. Somewhere, we lost something of our birth heritage.” Kyle was silent for several minutes. “It started out we were doing things for friends. Max and the others were in trouble. Friends stick together. That is what we were doing, defending our friends. You were in love with Max. I think you were truly in love with him. You weren’t in love with the excitement or the bad boy images, which Max wouldn’t deserve anyway. Max made the promises. He would care for you in all times. Sickness, health, wealth and poverty, he promised to always be there. But, he couldn’t keep those promises. Max believed he was the king. Look at Isabel and Michael. They both forsook anything from Antar. Max couldn’t resist the temptation. He believed he was king. I don’t want to be unfair. Can anyone resist being King? He charged me with keeping his promises to you. You were the one girl I could never get. I never got over you. I was having fantasies about Isabel. Now, that was a laugh. Isabel and I could have been ‘fuck buddies,’ and taken the edge off our frustrations, but we could never be more. If I had stayed in that condition, I might have even picked up on times when Maria and Michael were fighting. Tess warped me into thinking that she was my sister. Maria’s mother with my dad, that indeed would have been awkward had I carried anything with Maria.

At first, it was very platonic on my part. Then, I understood that Max wasn’t even sure that he could return. You didn’t deserve joining a convent. You deserved life and that is what I tried to give you. The Antarians thought that I deserved la ife, also. They guided me back to school and into teaching. They guided me to be the means that you could have two more children. They tried to give me back as much as their king had taken,” Kyle finished his collected thoughts.

Kyle was thinking to himself. “I agreed to all of this.” Then, his mind moved on to the last two nights he had spent with Karen. Kyle had had three very vivid dreams. The first was where his girlfriend got pregnant. That changed his life, by making him take responsibility before he was ready. That one moment of carelessness, cost him all his dreams. Then, there was the second dream where he got all he ever wanted. Imagine wearing the Super Bowl ring. But, then again, because of misplaced priorities, he lost his wife and much of his future. The last was that everyone was true to Kyle. He attained what he wanted out of life. An accident laid him low to never be in sports again. Kyle was thinking that Liz said she didn’t belong to anybody. If that is what she wanted to believe, let her. Kyle could still see that no one truly controls their own life. What they make of what they have is what counts. Thinking that, Kyle and Liz hadn’t done half bad. They raised three kids on Earth. One child belonging to Max and two belonging to Kyle and they tried to always love all three equally. Well, they still might have a way to go with Maria Lynn. Kyle’s mind drifted to how his headstrong daughter was getting along with an equally strong Aunt Isabel.

Finally, even Liz recognized the meadow from the drawings of Sissy. They unpacked their backpacks and found one of those wonderful blankets to spread out. There was a bottle of wine that still had a chill. Liz couldn’t imagine how that came about. There were sandwiches and small pastries for desert. Kyle removed that mysterious box and placed it on a letter that Liz had seen him stare at so many times.

“Sissy, one of the companions, was killed when Max’s ship had its accident. Jenny saved her ashes. Remember Anterians see things differently. Jenny wanted us to come on this trip and she wanted us to make love in the same place I sat with the two companions. She wants us to both take part in scattering Sissy’s ashes about the meadow.” Then, Kyle handed Liz the letter.

Liz read it slowly several times. Then, she asked, “Kyle what did these three women mean to you? Were you in love with them?”

Kyle answered very slowly. He had to make sure that what he said was what he meant. That was difficult, because he wasn’t even sure what he meant. “When I was with them, especially Karen, the first one, I am sure they were playing mind games on me. Remember, that was the first time I had been with a woman except you, since I became regent. I was still following the orders of the king. There were times when I thought I was completely in love with Karen. Then, I remembered she didn’t belong to me. Neither did you. I served both of you at the request of the king. I mulled this over many times in the next ten years, before Alex requested the king be at his wedding. When I was with Jenny and Sissy, I am sure that I fell in love with both of them. It was like having a kinky affair, an affair, without any guilt. I was still doing the will of the king. After the first time with Karen, there was my teaching. The Antarians had set me up with that project. There was also, Maria Lynn. Until the night Alex said he wanted Max back, I think my mind was back to being only on you. It wasn’t Alex’s fault. Max was due to return sometime, anyway. Sissy’s death, Max not being able to return and meeting his family from Antar, all have made it difficult to return to you as my wife,” Kyle related.

Liz sat there for several minutes. She was going over the “Book of Kyle,” in her mind. All three companions had developed a type of love for Kyle. Liz didn’t see their love like the love of humans, but the love of the king had allowed her to drive Kyle from her bed at the wish of Max. It was only then, she saw that the realization of Kyle’s desperation if Max hadn’t provided him some distraction. Now, it was up to her to hold on to Kyle. could be enticed to drop his clothes and accept what she was offering. Liz stood up. She removed the tank top. Liz did not have the breasts of a young women. She didn’t have that alien magic to prop up her figure. Whatever alien virtues she had gained since first meeting Max, did not lend themselves to cosmetic preservation. She had, in love, brought forth three children. She could only hope that what she had left was enough for Kyle. The wrap around skirt had a simple fastener on one side. She let it slip to the blanket. Now, only the bikini panties were between her and Kyle. That is, if Kyle could be enticed to drop his clothes and accept what she was offering.

Kyle stood. He slowly removed his clothes down to his boxers. When he was only clothed in this single article of underwear, Kyle walked to the woman he had cared for during so many years. He hooked his thumbs in the string of her panties and waited. Liz, at first, was confused; then, she saw that Kyle was waiting for her to do the same to him. Simultaneously they both dropped each other’s under pants and stepped out of them. Kyle and Liz fell to the blanket. They made love until the sun was low. Then without dressing, they took the box of ashes and cast them into the slight afternoon breeze.

It was dark when they finally arrived, dressed of course, back to the cabin. Kaittie had a light guiding them the last part of the way. The king would no longer return. The regent would now be solely in care of the queen. They were still part of the Antarian kingdom and they would be host to King Zander, the Third, long after Max died from complications of his accident. Xenia was never allowed to return, but Zander brought Latreese with him several times. Zell, the mother of the heir wrote several times. Someway, she felt that the part of Max or Zander, the Second, that she never knew was held in Liz. The queen was always gracious in telling her much about Max’s or Zander’s life growing up.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-
ken_r
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Regent, M/L & K/L adult, AU/aliens pg 8, Ch27, 4/1/2012

Post by ken_r »

mary mary

begonia9508

keepsmiling7

Epilog

Maria Lynn found Isabel both rigid and generous. Isabel was generous in taking Maria shopping every time she could. Her take on some of Maria’s boyfriends was much more pointed. “Look, Maria, your parents always want to think of you as their little girl. I see you are growing up. I don’t care if you are sleeping with your boyfriend or not. What I want from you is to never devalue yourself. When you are with a guy, always think of what you mean to him and what he means to you,” Isabel told her.

“But, it’s my life and…” Maria Lynn started.

“No child, don’t try that crap that you can do what you want with your life. None of us get to do what we want. Not even the king,” Isabel retorted.

“Yeah, the king, he leaves my mom to another man and then, demands her back in his bed whenever he wants,” Maria Lynn answered.

“Max and your mother were deeply in love. Max made his mistake in answering a responsibility that the rest of us ignored. Michael said it best, ‘Those people left us abandoned to fight for ourselves and now they want our loyalty back to save their collective asses.’ That wasn’t true, either. Antarians did send someone to protect us and guide us. Between the military on Earth and the duplicity in the Antarian court, this didn’t happen. Those chosen to protect us were either killed or were secret agents of the tyrant. Billions of people were depending on some sort of leader. Max wasn’t trained in the court of kings, but he took his training from Earth and became, what I am told, a good king. Until Max first met Liz, he always turned to me when he was undecided. Later, it was Liz who became his anchor. When he left for Antar, he was leaving a girl with a four-year-old son and the budding abilities of aliens. In his good conscious, he couldn’t leave her to fend for herself. As a teen, he had taken Liz away from Kyle. Your father was lost when he became embroiled in the alien abyss. Kyle was having trouble finding a relationship. The one he should have found was with the fourth alien, Tess. She had been bent too far toward the tyrant, Kivar. She murdered the one boy I really loved and tried to take us all back for execution. Kyle rejected her, finally, when he said she was the one alien who had no soul. This probably wasn’t fair either, but she had already gone too far. Nothing would have ever convinced Kyle to trust her. Kyle, your father, trusted almost no one. That was when Max asked him to care for his family. Kyle didn’t, at first, understand what this meant. Then, he did manage to care for both of his children and the son of Max. We can argue for ages about whether or not Max was right to keep returning for Liz. The three of them made a compact. They all tried to keep it. Your mother never went to any man that she didn’t deeply love.” It was a long narrative, but Isabel thought Maria Lynn needed to hear it.

“Is that what you meant when you said what you said about Bill Chaterley?” Maria Lynn asked.

“Exactly, boys at some age want the reputation of being rougish and free. You have to decide if that person can ever be trustworthy and responsible. The bad boy image in boys is intriguing. The bad boy image in an adult is a disaster. I would give the same advise to Jimmy or to Alex. Alex was always too reserved to look for a bad girl and your father already had given that speech to Jimmy. When Kyle was a boy he had a bad boy image. It was your mother who changed that. Afterward he couldn’t get your mother in bed; Kyle did an assessment of his life. When Kyle was running with us in the van, he was a different person. There were times when we were running for our lives, that, Kyle as the only other outcast, that we could have had something together. Me remaining faithful to Jesse was due to Kyle. I could feel his longing as the moans of passion came from the rear of the van. I felt the longings as much as did he. I relied on Kyle’s good sense to not have any baggage when I finally returned to my husband,” Isabel explained.

“What about my dad and those mysterious women he supposedly had when Max came home?” Maria Lynn asked.

Isabel grimaced. “The Antarians felt that Kyle’s sensibilities would be dulled if he was committing some form of adultery while his love was with the king. Not understanding human feelings, the king along with the Antarian command, caused a great deal of pain both to your father and to the volunteer Antarians involved. Your father, Kyle, once called one of the companions a whore. Then later, he thought of himself as just a whore. The Antarians did all they could to change that thinking. They were all following the commands of the king. That is what your father and mother are doing now. They are trying to patch up bruised feelings.

Then, right and wrong are determined by following the commands of the king?” Maria Lynn asked.

Isabel shook her head. “No, child, wrong is easier to explain. If you badly hurt someone, then what you do is definitely wrong. Right may be doing something that you can live with. That takes a lot of thought before you commit to anything. The best advice I am going to give you is to always value yourself. Then, living with your choices is all you have left.

JKR 1981-2001
JJR 1975-