Uninstall (XO Roswell/PMMM, ML, MM / Mature) Ep 2 - 08/24/12

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Uninstall (XO Roswell/PMMM, ML, MM / Mature) P 20 - 08/1

Post by PML »

This part was quite large for what I am used to. Hope this answers some questions and that you all enjoy! Note the song lyrics.

ken_r- Thanks. This is one of the reasons why I like Scifi and Fantasy so much. Where else can you discuss the nature of the Three laws of Thermodynamic and then segue into the nature of the Soul? Or discuss the nature of mankind and our place in it. As for the tree huggers, they want to manipulate the the world into something it never truly was. All species manipulate the environment for their advantage, humans are merely better at it. And it took us countless millenia to get here. Sometimes I wonder if they truly wish to live in a world without human tech. To experience just WHY we developed it all in the first place! Doesnt mean they are all wrong, mind. One needs to be careful with one's biosphere, particularly since it is the only one we have at the moment!

keepsmiling7- Thanks. Yep, useful trait for Zan. Remember that the hybrids were designed to be humanoid vehicles for the actual Antarans. Didn't work as they planned, their hybrids are fully ensouled humans.

Uninstall part 21

UNINSTALL (first verse and chorus)
Chiaki Ishikawa
It came from beyond the extreme reaches of our reality,
It came to laugh at our naive existences.
I am puzzled by the truth that slips through my hands even as I cover my ears.
Where in this thin body do I find the strength to stand?
Uninstall, uninstall.
I was told that I am just one of the countless specks of dust on this planet,
But that is something I cannot yet comprehend.
Uninstall, uninstall.
I have no choice but to pretend that
I am a warrior who knows no fear. Uninstall.

Maria-

Maria watched in horror as everything fell apart. As Michael fell and was weakening by the minute from blood loss. As Isabel was fighting and failing against the Robot Witch form of Liz.

The real Liz could only stand there. No hope of being saved by her friend this time.

It was all up to her. And Maria was broken. Ever since she had witnessed Emily’s descent into darkness, as she had seen her own true fate. Death or madness. And soon.

Magical girls were born from wishes and powered from hope, but when the hope failed…. She would become a Witch born of curses and powered from the despair of others. And every Witch she had ever slain, every single one had once been JUST. LIKE. HER.

It had broken Maria. Liz had kept her from falling into despair, just as she had saved Liz on countless times. What they would do without the other, Maria didn’t know.

But now her weakness and her fears were going to kill them all. Damn Isabel and Liz and herself to a fate worse than death, and the new Witch of Time would ravage the world.

Liz had described herself well, what she would become. She would feed off normal people, but they would not be her targets. She would target other Magical Girls. And ‘Save’ them. Lock their souls in permanent stasis

There was one target that Liz would kill or capture in the future that should not be captured or killed. Why Liz felt that way Maria didn’t know. Only that Liz would smile and say it was their salvation.

That was why Liz always claimed she wanted to die. It was to avoid damning all of her sisters to permanent stasis, and whatever odd salvation Liz had seen.

Maria didn’t really believe it. That Liz could see the future was a given, but even Liz said that she was uncertain past fifteen minutes. That things were too chaotic to project too far.

So how did she think that Maria would believe something supposed to happen in a far off country in nine or ten years? It didn’t make any sense, and she had always argued with Liz about it.

But it wouldn’t matter. They would all be dead.

Unless the girl who could no longer kill her fallen peers could summon the strength to kill her fallen friend. Someone she loved. Her sister and comrade of so many years.

There was the loud chuffing of one of the constructs behind her firing another of its ubiquitous steel spikes.

‘I have one chance. One chance only. While Witch Liz is still distracted.’

Maria dodged one and then another of the spikes. An idea popped in her head. She didn’t have time to form the Gatling. It was too slow. She didn’t have any other true missile weapon. Her songs took too long to kill or weaken something enough.

She could use a chunk of her magical power and blast it at the robot. But it wasn’t something she or Liz typically did. It was wasteful for one, and it was only moderately powerful.

No, if she was going to do this, it would have to be with a powerful attack. One that hit a critical spot.

A third spike flew through the air. This time Maria caught it. But not to stop it.

To redirect it at the false Liz.

She would never learn why the robotic Liz paused, Isabel’s Soul Gem on her tongue about to be confused. Why a flash of fear went across the robotic face.

Maria didn’t really care. She redirected the spike from attacking her, to flying at full speed at the robotic Liz. Into her third eye. Into the camera that granted her true sight.

For a moment Maria was entirely vulnerable. But it didn’t matter, the Witch had been slain, and the Barrier fell. A White Soul Gem rolled from Isabel’s hands. It rolled and rested next to a Golden Soul Gem that gleamed fitfully.

And a Grief Seed as black as night.

Exhausted, Maria fell to her knees and cried.

--
Zan

Zan surveyed the scene. Isabel’s dead body lay not far from him. There had been significant adjustments to it.

That was to be expected. She had become a Magical Girl after all. ‘Vilandra must be gone or subsumed,” Zan mused. He could see both Liz’s and Isabel’s Soul Gems resting together.

Maria on the other hand was alive and well, although apparently distraught over something. An emotional meltdown of some kind. He would need her assistance to bring back Liz and Isabel. But for the moment both of the other two were safe. And he wasn’t sure if he could deal with rampant human insanity at the moment.

Max was sleeping after all. Poor Zan would have no filter, and Maria was… exuberantly human with all its plusses and minuses. He really wasn’t sure he could deal with a distraught woman. Understanding Isabel when Max was awake was a chore as it was. Maria without a filter….

He would heal Michael first. Michael could act as a filter for him. Michael could comfort the human woman. He would never understood why his Second was interested in someone so… vibrantly insane. Sure Liz had her moments, but she was at least rational most of the time.

Zan made a plan. He knew Max tended to do things on the fly, that he was good at it. Zan had been too. But he was also a meticulous planner.

It was one the aspects of Liz’s character that Zan liked. One of several actually. Too bad she was insane like all the other humans he had met.

Well. He liked her anyway. He set about his plan.

--
Isabel-

Isabel could remember herself being dissolved. Could remember as her carefully wish bought serenity was stolen from her as her soul was scrubbed of personality and prepared to be the first collection of soul flavored rocks.

And then it stopped.

In a voice of compressed rage, the likes of which she would never have expected Liz to utter, “Return to me my property, puppet.”

“What? You are nothing but a projection. Nothing more than an image.” The robot girl said awkwardly, Isabel’s Gem still on her tongue. “Besides we are one and the same. I was born from you….”

Liz’s voice became richer, fuller. Regal. “I am the Witch of Time. You are merely a copy.”

“But…”

Liz’s voice continued. “And now you die.”

There was a sound of metal hitting metal. And she could feel herself falling. For just a moment she saw her Soul Gem from her ravaged body. But she was too tired and weak.

She could feel her eyelids flutter.

Liz’s image, the one she was projecting from her Soul Gem, looked down upon her, “Sleep my friend. Both of us need some healing rest.”

Isabel said nothing. Could say nothing.

Liz looked around, “I do not need this yet. I do not need this comfort yet. I am still Liz Parker. I am still me, still sane.” In a sorrowful voice she finished, “But I am more than half a Witch now. The time that I MUST die is nearly here. Poor Max.”

And Isabel’s eyes fluttered shut.

--
When they reopened she was in her body. And it was fully healed. She still didn’t feel so good, tired and a bit disgruntled. But healthy. She sat up.

She was seated in a hotel room somewhere. Liz was sitting on a chair nearby watching her.

Isabel asked, “Where am I?”

Liz smiled, “This is a hotel room I have rented out. It’s much easier to deal with things here rather than at home. Oh, Maria spends time here too.” Liz held up a key. “Here is your key if you want. Trust me you will want some alone time. Particularly after a very nasty fight. We can selfheal any wound that doesn’t kill us, but it can get hard to explain to the parents all the blood.”

Isabel placed her hand on her breast and looked down. There had been a hole driven through her entire body and her Soul Gem had been ripped from between her breasts.

Smooth white skin.

Liz said quietly, “Max helped. Or rather I should say Zan. It took a bit of work to wake Max back up. He got hit with a Witch’s Kiss.” Liz shook her head, “Nasty things. Part of the reason our fighting Witches is so important. We keep the murder and suicide rate down. We can’t stop the premeditated stuff, but we can limit the crimes of passion.” She looked away in thought, “Of course, some of those premeditated acts are precipitated by sudden loss of hope, so I guess we help there too.”

“So this is the new life I can expect?”

Liz looked at her pityingly, “Kiss your old social life goodbye. You might be able to hit the parties from time to time, but this will chew up more time than you think.”

Isabel nodded, “Well considering what I wished for, I doubt I could stand to keep the same schedule.”

Liz looked at her oddly.

“I was good at pretending. I suppose I still am. But to put up with some of the annoying people I used to, simply to keep up appearances. I simply don’t have time. It will take me some time as it is to truly get used to the changes.” She shook her head, “All the changes. That wish wasn’t the only thing I need to get used to.”

“This is private, but I am curious, what did you wish for?”

Isabel nodded, “I wished for my personalities to be integrated with a weight on my human half. I am more Isabel than Vilandra, but Vilandra is still there. Only she is part of me and I of her. There is no separation, although I will admit I don’t understand some of my new memories.” She paused and looked away, “And I suppose I never will. I am human after all. Much of it I can sort of understand, but some… Too Alien, even if it is part of me.”

Liz nodded, “That explains it. Your internal conflicts are gone. Or rather the old ones.” Liz changed her ring into a Soul Gem. “I need you to transform your Gem. It will be instinctual.”

Isabel looked down and saw a ring on her hand. Silver with a small golden gem in it. She focused her mind and a large egg like Soul Gem rested in her palm. “Um why is mine so large?”

Liz nodded, “You have a larger magical capacity. Not surprising considering you had access to some of it before you transformed. Later we will be doing some tests to see if your old tricks tap into the Soul Gem for power, or if you can still use it without consequence.”

Isabel’s eyes opened widely at that. She might not be able to use her powers as casually as before? Ouch. They had made her life so convenient at times.

Liz continued, “The first thing, and yes I am repeating myself, your Soul Gem has to be protected at all costs.” She focused her eyes on her own, “Not even the ability to see the future can protect it if you let yourself be distracted. Trust me on that.” She looked up at Isabel with a smile.

Isabel winced, “I said I was sorry.”

Liz’s smile faded, “You nearly killed me. Or rather I nearly turned into a Witch because of it. So please don’t do it again.”

“Is that what would happen to me?”

Liz shook her head, “Probably not. Given what you wished for, calmness and peace of mind, you likely would have been just fine. Your emotions will likely be sheltered and less volatile than most Magical Girls. And trust me, once all the implications of your current situation settle in, you will have angst.”

Isabel rolled the Soul Gem around her palm. “Why is it so cloudy? And it doesn’t look as bright.”

Liz smiled softly, “How do you feel?”

“I don’t know. Okay I guess. Maybe a little tired.” Isabel smoothed her hair back. She looked down where she had been wounded. “I am just glad all the pain is gone.”

Liz nodded, “I hate it when I get hurt. Good thing we can heal, huh?”

Isabel nodded.

Liz smiled, “What you probably don’t realize is that you aren’t really tired. You could probably run a marathon or two, hop up the side of the roof of this hotel, Probably do feats of Le Parkour that you don’t even consider possible.”

Isabel’s eyes widened, “What?”

“Your body is your best tool. Taking care of it is important. But you are not your body. Not anymore. You are your Soul Gem. It’s condition is paramount.” Liz shook her head slowly, “There have been tales of strong Magical Girls recovering from massive injuries, up to and including near total destruction of their bodies. You are not your body. But if your Soul Gem gets damaged.”

“I die. Didn’t we have this conversation already?”

Liz nodded, “Yes, but it bears repeating. You are practically invincible to many common threats. But someone with a hammer and a grudge could kill you instantly.”

Isabel’s fingers instinctively protected the Soul Gem, in a small voice, “That would crush my soul, wouldn’t it.”

Liz said softly, “I don’t know. I don’t know if our eternity is locked in these Gems, or if we can escape our fate when we die.”

Isabel looked at her Gem in a different light. She wasn’t very religious, being a half human hybrid had always made her wonder if she counted in human religions. But she did attend church with her parents on a regular basis. “Or if by making a Contract we are eternally damned.”

Liz nodded, “Don’t share that thought with Maria, okay? Our lives are depressing enough as it is.”

Isabel nodded, contemplating her Soul Gem. Contemplating her soul.

Liz sighed, “That brings us to another point. Maintaining Soul Gem hygiene.”

Isabel’s eyes shot up. “What do you mean by that?”

“Basically what I said. Keeping your Soul Gem clean and bright. Right now, I told you that you could run marathons. And you did not disagree. You know it to be true, andyet you said you feel tired. The reason is that your Soul Gem is polluted. Magic use and dark emotions slowly eat away at you. If your Soul Gem turns dark….”

“I die?”

Liz shook her head, “No Isabel. You don’t die. You become a Witch. Keeping your Soul Gem clean is critical.”

Isabel was shaking slightly. It was true that she still had memories of Alex that told her this, even some mild conversational ones with Maria and Liz about it. But it hadn’t really sunk in.

That Barrier she had been fighting in, those monsters that had nearly killed her? They could be hers someday. Different probably. But hers.

She would do to others what had been done to Max. Have every positive emotion and feeling sucked from him, leaving only total despair. Max had been very close to committing power based suicide before Zan stopped him.

Isabel’s voice was shaking, “How do I protect myself from that?”

Liz held up a dark spiny thing. “This is a Grief Seed. They fall from full scale Witches. Familiars are just as dangerous, but sometimes you can’t engage them if it will cost you too much power to fight them. If you don’t have Grief Seeds to take away the darkness, then only fight Witches. It will be dangerous, but at least you might survive. Or the Witch might kill you. Either way, it’s a better fate than saving a few people only to turn into a Witch right after.”

Isabel looked up at her. “This seems to be painful, why? Have you let a Familiar kill someone when you couldn’t fight it.”

Liz looked away, “Yes. I have gotten better, more careful in stocking away Grief Seeds for a rainy day. More efficient with my magic.” She looked over at Isabel, “As effective as that Mech was, don’t do it again unless you have to. It was impressive but it took too much out of you. That is why you feel so tired.”

Isabel looked at her Soul Gem. Suddenly the cloudiness and dimness worried her. “Am I in danger now?”

Liz shook her head. “No, but if you can, you want your Soul Gem to be as bright as possible. The darker you get, the shorter your patience, the easier it is to slip into a depressive moment. Remember your power, your very LIFE is now powered by your hope. Using magic burns though the hope that sustains you. And when it is gone….”

“Witch.”

“Exactly.”

Isabel was shivering, “Why doesn’t Kyubey tell anyone this?”

Liz smiled, “Did you ask him?”

“No, why would I. Shouldn’t he tell me what the cost was?”

Liz shook her head, “Isabel, your parents are lawyers. You just signed a Contract involving your soul. And you didn’t get all the details.”

Isabel’s mouth opened once. Twice. Seriously what could she say at that point? “Did you?”

Liz smiled again, “Of course not! I was twelve! My house was about to burn down. I thought I would lose my parents, I thought I would lose everything. He said he could save me, said I could turn it around. That I could protect them. Not one word he said was a lie.”

“But he didn’t tell you what you would be paying.”

“He told me that I would have to fight against the Witches that were threatening Mankind. Also true, by the way. That I would be a Magical Girl and that I could protect the ones I loved.”

Isabel stared off into space, “It was all true. Even what he said to me. And mind you I was about to be turned into a machine and you into a science experiment.”

Liz just laughed. “Had they taken me, I would have ended up destroying their civilization.”

Isabel looked at her in shock, “Why would you say that?”

Liz primly answered, “I would have become a Witch. And Antarans can’t comprehend Barriers. I would feed off of them, probably feed off their lives rather than hopes and dreams. And yes Witches CAN do that. Sometimes they lure people into their Barriers for just that purpose. Sometimes to feed off of them personally, and sometimes to make them into a toy for their amusement. It never ends well unless a Magical Girl gets there in time. They just go missing.”

Isabel looked back at her Soul Gem. Was it getting cloudier? Was the shine slightly less? “How do I stop it from going dark.”

Liz held up the Grief Seed and held it next to Isabel’s Soul Gem.

Isabel watched in fascination as the darkness moved from her Gem to the Grief Seed. She felt as her soul became lighter and happier. Her tiredness faded and she felt good. “How, how do you get more of those?” The Grief Seed seemed like it was warping under the weight of the darkness.

Liz looked at it. “This one is pretty much finished. If I wait too much longer it will hatch back into the Witch it originally spawned.”

“That is where Witches come from?”

Liz’s voice was short and annoyed, “Yes. God, I hate him. I hate him SO much.” She looked over at Isabel. “There is only one way to safely dispose of these once you are done.” Kyubey, I have a Grief Seed that is about finished. Mind dropping by

Isabel smiled again. I have to say this telepathy is cool. She paused for a moment, “Does it use up magic?”

Liz said, “Probably, but we use more simply keeping our bodies alive. Don’t worry about the telepathy. It is a great way to talk about this stuff in mixed company.”

There was a slight rap at the door. Kyubey strolled in. He looked like the cross between a weasel and a cat. Two large golden hoops surrounded his hears and floated with no connection to them.

Liz threw the Grief Seed at Kyubey.

Kyubey said Ah, in one of your moods today, Elizabeth?

“I will feel much better when you are not here. So why don’t you find someone else to bug.”

Kyubey said, A pity. Typically, you are much more rational than this. Turning to face Isabel, he ran smoothly on the ground and jumped into her lap. How are you today Isabel? Adjusting well? Do you have any questions?

Isabel said softly, “I am sure I will. But I was talking with Liz at the moment. She was going over the basics.” Absently she rubbed its ears. It felt oddly comforting. She rubbed the spot on its back that the Grief Seed had disappeared into.

Yes. Elizabeth is quite formidable. You are lucky to have her as a mentor.

Her mind started to click as to why Liz would be so annoyed at the moment. This morning she had been pleasant to Kyubey. What had changed?

The fight?

No that wasn’t it.

Isabel’s new situation?

No, Liz seemed calm about it. Of course the woman could see the future, it could be that she had been expecting this. Liz didn’t seem happy that she was a Magical Girl, more resigned, but not unhappy about it either. She had been pleasant all the time that they had been talking.

Even when she had produced the Grief Seed, Liz had been calm. Only when Liz had realized that the Grief Seed was almost finished had she….

Isabel felt herself pause as her mind raced. What was a Grief Seed. Yes it fell from Witches. But what was it?

Witches had once been Magical Girls and….

Magical Girls had Soul Gems. Liz had said that when Emily died her Soul Gem had broken apart and…

Isabel rapidly moved her hands from Kyubey’s back. She would never look at the creature the same again, “If you don’t mind, we would like some privacy.”

Very well. Call me if you have any questions. Elizabeth doesn’t like me, but she will attest that I do not lie.

Liz’s glare at Kyubey was poisonous, “And you don’t understand us at all. Why we feel the way we do. Leave now or I will kill you. You have your Grief Seed, now go.” She closed her eyes, “And yes, Kyubey when I calm down, we will talk. But right now….”

You know you can’t kill me, it is simply wasteful. Spare bodies are expensive.

The room RIPPLED as Liz stood and stomped her foot on the floor, “Do not tempt me creature. I value your counsel despite what you are. But right now….”

Mourning your comrade. I will talk to you later when you are more rational. Good bye.

Isabel looked around at the world, “What the hell was that?”

Liz looked up at her with tired eyes, “I am more than half a Witch, Isabel. Half of the lives I see, half of what I am…. Lives in worlds I have already fallen in. It takes… effort to keep my mindset human. To keep myself… sane.” She closed her eyes, “My Soul Gem still gleams, I don’t feel the need to hide from the world in a Barrier, but in many ways, Isabel, I am a Witch even as we speak.”

Isabel moved over to hold and comfort the crying girl. “I won’t let you fall, Liz. I will drag you back if I have to. Damn it, we just became friends! I am not going to let anything bad happen to you okay?”

Liz just cried for a long moment. But after a few minutes Liz said in a thick voce, “But it will. No matter what timeline I see, I cannot last another ten years like this. And if I fall, I trust that you and Maria will put me down. No one will have nearly as good a chance.”

Isabel gently thumped her hand on her friend’s back, “Don’t say that, like it has already happened. What happened to the girl who always has a plan?”

Liz pushed herself away gently, “I do indeed have a plan. It involves my death next November.”

Isabel looked down at the smaller girl, “Liz…”

Liz shook her head, “I don’t want to talk about it now. Maybe later. After some ice cream maybe.” Liz walked over to the mini fridge. “So do you have any questions?”

Isabel looked down at her Soul Gem. To imagine that all the important parts of her were inside of that Gem. It was hard. She had always known she was different. But this was insane.

Liz asked, “So, Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry?”

Isabel asked her question, “Liz, Magical Girls become Witches, right?”

“Yes.”

“What do Soul Gems become?”

“I think you know.”

Isabel shot a glance at Liz.

Liz sighed one arm draped over the mini-fridge, “I saw your hand move off of Kyubey’s back, Isabel. You already know the truth. You just don’t want to admit it. But it is true. Grief Seeds are corrupted Soul Gems. And Kyubey just ate the Grief Seed of a fallen Magical Girl. HE ATE HER SOUL. So, tell me, how does that think that makes me feel at the moment?”

“But, but…”

“So Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry?”

“You know all of this…. Why did you, why did you let me give away my soul? Being a lifeless machine would.” Isabel paused, “Be much the same thing. But Maria, how could you do that to your friend?”

“I wasn’t there Isabel. Someone had stolen my Soul Gem. Alex knew the details. So do you. It was the most horrific experience of my life.” Her eyes began to flicker with a White fire. “Earlier today you did the same thing to me. You threatened me with death and worse. Do you want to push me girl? I am the Witch of TIME! I couldn’t save her any more than I could save you. I hate this more than anything! I hate it.” Reality began to become distorted.

Liz’s Soul Gem was still a bright White, gleaming like fire brightening the whole room with its light. Colors began to bleed into one another. Isabel’s natural senses, the ones she had from her hybrid nature began to go wild.

It wasn’t quite a Barrier, but it felt similar.

“Liz, calm DOWN!”

Liz blinked and it all went back to normal, the room seeming dark after the blinding light. “Sorry about that. Now you know why I have a separate room. Sometimes I just need to be alone.”

Isabel asked softly, “Is this one of them? I could come back later?”

Liz’s voice was soft, “No. I don’t want to be alone at the moment. Can you, can you stay with me until Max gets back?”

“Sure,” Isabel said with a smile.

Liz just smiled back wanly. She waved her hand at the mini fridge.

“Chocolate please. Although maybe, I should pass.”

Liz carried a quart of chocolate ice cream and a quart of vanilla, “Isabel there are few perks to being a Magical Girl, one of them is not needing to diet.” She passed the chocolate to Isabel, “Oh, and I will show you how to deal with your periods.”

“We still have periods. Maria said we were dead and….”

“We heal ourselves. I suppose you can stop them permanently but I mean, do you want hot flashes? Your body still has its hormones. It is still growing, although you can alter that too, apparently, although I don’t want to have the body of a child forever, thank you.”

“Okay. So there is a lot more of this than I expected.”

“Yep, this affects everything Isabel. Mind you most Magical Girls slam into the truth without a lot of help, or maybe they have a mentor. But I know more than most. Me and Maria will help you through the first shocks. And in the end, I will need you to help Maria carry on after I am gone. It will be hard for her.”

Isabel just ate some of her ice cream for a moment. “You said you had a plan? If all you wanted to do was die, you are just a hammer blow away.”

Liz nodded, “There is a Witch that is spoke of in hushed voices, a rumor so to speak. Walpurgis Nacht.”

Isabel said, “Cute, so you are going to go out with a bang when it hits us?”

Liz took a few moments to enjoy her own vanilla ice cream. Isabel just shook her head. What kind of person liked plain old vanilla by itself?

Liz apparently.

Liz spoke up, “My plan is a little more complicated, but if done right should change the chance of our kind’s salvation from around seventy to ninety percent.”

Isabel said, “Okay, you just spent the last few minutes scarring the crap out of me, and there is a way out?”

Liz waved her spoon, “Oh, being a Magical Girl will still suck. And there is a good chance you will still end up being one. You can thank Vilandra for that.”

Isabel nodded.

Liz continued, “Right now there are a few very special girls who have a great deal of potential playing in tiny town in Japan. They don’t know each other yet, but they will. And in ten years, if things go right, one of them will save us. Sort of.”

“Tell me everything.”

Liz just smiled and said, “Okay, sit back and enjoy your ice cream. Cause everything is going to take some time.”

And through two quarts of ice cream, a couple of ordered pizzas and some take out they talked through the afternoon.

--
Max

Max walked into Alex’s hospital room. It had taken some time to convince them, but outside of some tests, Alex was in stable condition. They let Max through.

He wasn’t really comfortable here. But Liz had asked him to do this.

Max didn’t even really know Alex all that well. For a moment it looked like Alex was sleeping.

Saved!

Alex looked over at him, “So, they sent you. Is everyone okay?”

“It was touch and go, but yes. Everyone is fine.”

Alex looked away, “She made the Contract, didn’t she?”

Max simply said, “Yes.”

Alex was quiet for a moment, a tear slipping down his cheek.

Max was about to leave, when Alex called out to him.

“No. We need to talk.”

“Okay?”

“Pull up a chair and I will tell you all you need to know about Magical Girls. They are more delicate than they think they are. They will need our support. I know you care for Liz, but I will do my best to stop you if I think you are bad for her.”

Max looked at the prostrate teen. There wasn’t really much Alex could do to him. Certainly not now, and even if he were healthy, Alex was a normal kid. But Max sat anyway. Maybe Alex knew something that would help him save Liz.

“You are underestimating me. That is okay. If I were in your shoes, I would to. NO matter. Sit down and I will give you Alex’s list of do’s and don’ts for friends, boyfriends, and brothers.”

Max rolled his eyes. But he kept his seat. Liz had asked him to.

An hour later, he was chuckling with his new friend. Alex had an odd sense of humor, but he knew so much about the trials and tribulations of what Liz and Maria and now Isabel.

Through the Bond Max sent his love and a thank you.

And he received one back.

Truly he was a lucky man.

--
Michael

Michael had expected more of a reaction from Amy when he got to Maria’s house. She was known for her good cooking, her wacky ideas, and her short temper. Here he was with her teen age daughter, in the middle of a school day, and she was fine with this?

Maria tugged at his shoulder, “What is wrong?”

“What is wrong with your mother?”

Maria hid her face, “One of the first times I stayed out late, she yelled at me. Screamed, called me names and told me what a horrible daughter I was.” She began to shake, “It wasn’t like I could tell her I was out saving Roswell by killing Witches was it?”

Michael watched as Amy entered the room and put down some drinks and some snacks. “Call me if you need anything. Oh, and Maria, there are condoms in the top left drawer of my dresser. Please be safe.” She gave Maria a quick peck, “I am going out for a while. Give you two some privacy.”

Michael’s jaw dropped. “Okay?”

Amy grabbed her purse and left.

Maria was sobbing into his shirt.

Michael wasn’t really familiar with crying girls. But he pulled Maria close. He ran his hand along her back. What had happened to Amy Deluca?

A few minutes later, Maria pulled away. “I used my Voice on her Michael. She called me all these horrible things, and I fought back. With Magic. And, and, I, I can’t take it back. Nothing I do can undo what I did.”

Michael held the sobbing girl, “I will be her for you. I promise.”

From her buried head, she said in an emotional voice, “How do I know I won’t drive you away during some fight, or hurt you or, or…”

Michael kissed her forehead. “You won’t. I have magic too.” He rubbed her back again and sent little waves of energy into her, “I will protect you, Maria. You take away my fear, and so I will do my best to take away yours, okay?”

Maria peeked herself out from his shoulder, “Can I trust you?”

Michael could feel himself shake. In this life no one really trusted him. He was always too quick to fly off the handle, always too emotional. Too unreliable. But there was a part of him, a solid central part of him that he knew would never fold. That as long as he had her in his heart and in his arms he would never falter. “Yes.” He laughed self mockingly, “I don’t know how reliable I will be, but you can trust me.”

She looked up as if she were reading something in his eyes. Could she see him as well as he could see her? Did it matter?

She must have come to some conclusion as she broke away and reached for her purse. What had he done to cause her to pull away?

Maria popped a couple of breath mints into her mouth and offered some for Michael.

“No, I am fine.”

Maria glared at her oblivious boyfriend, “You will if you want me to kiss you. It has been a long day. So take two.”

Michael laughed and took three. He loved this little manic girl.

And they spent the afternoon quite pleasantly, thank you.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Uninstall (XO Roswell/PMMM, ML, MM / Mature) P 21 - 08/1

Post by PML »

Just a few more parts left. Note there is a one year time skip.

Uninstall part 22

UNINSTALL (Second verse)
Chiaki Ishikawa
Our subconscious grows sharper without us realizing.
When I open my eyes to the contourless presence below my bed,
I am devoid of any feelings,
Except an impulse to destroy everything and anything.
Since I can’t even choose the season of my passing…

Maria

Maria lay in bed listening to the slight snoring from beside her. Things had changed so much over the last year. Adding Isabel and Michael to their roster made short work of most of the Witches that found their way into Southern New Mexico. They had even ranged as far as the Arizona border on more than one occasion based on clues that Alex provided.

And with three of them they could take turns and rest. No need to spend every day hunting.

But that was all soon to end.

Liz was failing. Even with Max. Even with all of Zan’s eldritch knowledge and advice by an increasingly intrigued Kyubey. Liz had warned them. She truly had.

Liz didn’t go to school anymore. Didn’t go to work. Half the time people didn’t even notice her. When they did they typically ran. And then they edited her out.

She wasn’t a Witch yet, but she was close. Not from despair, not from a failure of her Soul Gem or any of the usual manner of things that killed Magical Girls.

No it was her mind set.

Liz wasn’t really human anymore. Not even close. Reality was not firm around her. Magic came easy, corrupted the Soul Gem less. But that didn’t discount that stray thoughts could affect the way the world worked around her.

Liz was a walking Barrier without the actual Barrier.

It was only a matter of time now.

The phone rang. Maria reached over to grab it, the blanket falling from her bare breasts. She was no longer truly self-conscious of them. They were enough for Michael and that was enough for her. “Yes?”

Isabel’s quiet voice broke the silence, “Sorry to be calling so early. But…”

Maria could all but see Isabel biting her lips. “Is it, is it Liz?”

“No. Not that bad.” There was a pause, “Alex has tracked down Walpurgis Night.”

“What?”

“He’s been working on this program to detect Witches, and well it still needs work. But, but Walpurgis Night leaves a clear trail.”

Maria closed her eyes. She could remember Liz dreamily tell her the last time she visited her that it was coming. Walpurgis Night was coming and so was her release.

Maria couldn’t stop the tears. It had been so hard watching her friend slowly slip away. To become both more and less human. It had been so HARD.

And now this.

“Where?”

“According to Alex, Walpurgis Night has been sighted off the Western Coast of Africa. If it follows trends it will hit somewhere in Northern Mexico or the Gulf. Probably Texas.”

Maria nodded, “It will come as a hurricane. Liz said it was wreathed in clouds.”

Isabel’s voice was soft, “Maria I am kind of scared. I know we talked about this, but seeing the track of this thing…. Genocide or natural disaster follow in its wake. Alex pointed out several nasty flare ups in the local wars in Africa that correspond to its track.”

“Any word on any Magical Girl involvement?”

“Alex thinks so. He believes that Walpurgis Night was pushed from the area. But you know that means death or worse for someone.”

Maria softly said, “Yeah.” Liz had been clear on that. Stopping Walpurgis Night was almost impossible. It was simply too strong, being a collection of Witches.

It could be defeated, but killing it was basically impossible. Driving it away was your best bet. You could even get it to hide in a Barrier for a while, giving the world a bit of peace.

Not that normal natural disasters didn’t occur and that people didn’t have the capacity to extreme brutality. Witches could only magnify what was already there. But normally it was on the small scale. Walpurgis Night was an entirely different story.

Isabel asked, “What are we going to do?”

“Liz has a plan.”

“But Liz will, Liz will die!”

Maria felt movement and hands softly rubbing her back, one sliding over her shoulder and onto one of her breasts. That felt good.

“Isabel, we will talk later. Space-boy just woke up and wants to play.”

“You lucky….” Isabel sighed, “We will talk later. Do you want to be the one to tell Liz or?”

Maria said softly into the phone, “Do you really think we need to?”

There was silence on the other end of the phone.

“Kyubey probably knows too. Even when we don’t use Telepathy, he is still in our heads.”

Isabel said, “Maria, he doesn’t understand us. Trust me, I know how an alien thinks. Kyubey might know. He might not. He might interfere. He might not. There is no way we can know. He is ALIEN Maria, truly alien. And I don’t care what Liz has claimed, the good he and his kind have done for mankind isn’t outweighed by what he STOLE from us.”

Michael peeked over her shoulder and saw the phone. He held up a finger to his lips and rolled Maria flat on her back.

Maria just watched him, still cradling the phone to her ear. “I know. But he is all we have. And you have seen it, he doesn’t lie.”

Isabel cried into the phone, “Only because we aren’t worth the effort. We are cattle to him. They swatted the Antarans like so many wolves attacking a heavily guarded ranch. He didn’t finish the survivors because we were beneath his notice!”

Michael grinned up at her, and began to massage her belly with one hand, the other making love to one of her breasts.

She couldn’t help it. Her breath began to speed up. His actions and the sight of his bare chest simply could not be ignored. She took one of her hands and tried to swat the hand on her breast away. She mouthed “Not now!”

Michael smiled at her and his hands kept moving along her skin soon to be joined by his mouth. She really should make him stop.

But she didn’t really want to.

“Are you okay Maria?”

She needed to keep her composure. If only for a minute. But she couldn’t quite stifle the moan as Michael took one nipple in his mouth. “I am sorry, busy. Talk to you later, okay Isabel. Bye now.”

Isabel was laughing at her, “Bye and tell that cave man to treat you right.”

“Mmmhmm.” Maria hung up the phone and let Michael minister to her. When they had first started this, she hadn’t realized there would be a learning curve. But now Michael knew exactly where to touch her and what would excite her.

Not that there weren’t plenty of things they hadn’t tried yet. And considering his powers and her strength and flexibility, they had a lot of potential options.

Michael lifted his lips from her body, “So what did she need?”

“Michael, don’t stop. Please.”

His eyes focused on her even as he began to cover her belly with kisses working his way south. She blurted out, “Walpurgis Night. Alex found it. It is coming our way.”

Michael sat up, “We need to get ready. Has anyone told Liz yet?”

Maria reached out and pulled Michael back to her, “Please, we can talk over breakfast. Just shatter my world, and make me forget. If only for a moment. Bury me with pleasure and make me forget.”

He looked deep in her eyes.

Maria said with a sad smile, “Make me forget if only for a moment.”

And he did.

--
Max

Max brought the tea to Liz. She was looking out the window. Only it wasn’t a normal window. Through it you could see the past. Or present. Sometimes even the future.

Liz’s powers were killing her.

And there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Liz looked up, her normal chocolate colored eyes flecked with a glowing white. “Thank you, Max. You have made this past year bearable. I don’t think I could have made it this long without you. Without your love.”

“Liz, please, don’t talk like that.”

“She is coming Max. I can feel it. I can feel the winds of destiny shift and shatter. Soon I make my choice. Death and the possibility of salvation, or life at the cost of the world.”

Max set the cup Liz was holding down and kissed her. “Either way, I am with you. I will not let you be alone. I will be with you always.”

Her eyes were solid chocolate, the same eyes he had fallen for so long ago. “You don’t…”

“Yes I do. You are my heart. If you die, I will die even if my body lives.” He closed his eyes, “If you change, I will change with you. Zan has shown me how. It would kill him, but he would never consent to have you live alone. Not even as a Witch.”

“Max.”

He opened his eyes again and smiled down at her, “So make your choice, and know that I will be there for you. Always.”

Liz’s eyes flashed White. “Forever.” Her voice slipped into shock, “You mean it. You, you really would…”

“I love you Liz. Our souls are intertwined. I will follow you into the dark if I must, or help you into the light if I may. But either way, we will be together.”

The room rippled again. There was no window now. And behind them a large white bed formed from nothingness.

Liz could draw from the countless Witches she was now across the various timelines. Keeping her sane and from simply hiding from the world was so hard. Her powers in the immediate area were frightening. She couldn’t manipulate reality, but she could twist imaginary space in such a way to form her desires.

His powers had also grown. Only he could manipulate reality to a frightening degree. Between the two of them…. Max shook his head.

He also needed to stay sane.

Her eyes were a blinding White and yet a dark brown, “Make love to me Max.”

“You will not falter or fall?”

“I promise Max. I have a set goal. In twenty-seven days, six hours and fourteen minutes I will die. And so will you. For the sake our friends, the world, and our future.” Liz stood up and held him, “But for now, for now we are alive. And…”

Max kissed her and carried her to the bed. He understood his love. His Queen. His beautiful Witch of Time.

And they made love.

--
Kyubey

It watched them. What it was thinking is impossible to convey.

It certainly wasn’t interested in their mating.

But of all the places it could be it was here. Not looking for other potential Magical Girls. Not helping other current Magical Girls.

No.

It sat outside the room Max and Liz were in. Pondering alien thoughts and concepts.

Only one little girl saw him. He looked cute. But she was a bright young girl. Just because it was cute didn’t mean it was safe.

And the shadows it cast were wrong.

She fled, not realizing how close a call she had made. She was safe.

For now.

Kyubey remained for some time.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Uninstall (XO Roswell/PMMM, ML, MM / Mature) P 22 - 08/1

Post by PML »

Thanks again. This is the last regular chapter. Hope you folks enjoy.

popcorn3- Thanks.

Uninstall part 23

UNINSTALL (Final verse and chorus)
Chiaki Ishikawa
Uninstall, uninstall.
If there’s no one left to replace me,
Then I will take that regular daily life and
Uninstall, uninstall.
It makes me want to end everything with these hands.
It’s not a bad thing to uninstall.
Uninstall, uninstall.
I was told that I am just one of the countless specks of dust on this planet,
But that is something I cannot yet comprehend.
Uninstall, uninstall.
I have no choice but to pretend that
I am a warrior who knows no fear. Uninstall.

Isabel

Isabel stands in the desert with Maria. She looks over at her friend, “Okay, so tell me what we are doing out here again?

Maria calls out loudly to be heard over the driving wind and rain. “We need to make sure that the storm heads in the right direction. We are bait.”

Isabel sighed and wiped her face from all the rain. It was pouring like she had never seen. The clouds were heavy and sodden.

And this was days after making landfall. What had it been like when it had hit Corpus Christi? It had wreaked havoc on Northern Mexico and Eastern Texas before finally reaching here.

Isabel called out again, “And why is it so freaking far inland again?”

Maria called out, “Liz challenged it. Don’t ask me how. Otherwise it might have stuck to the coast. Could have killed more people that way.” A pause. “Is that a building?”

Isabel gulped as the Witch hidden not by a Barrier but by the clouds came into view. Surrounding what looked like a woman on a stage upside down were the remnants of skyscrapers and other buildings. And before it all was a Barrier like carnival of living images of Elephants and Jugglers. Like a zoo or carnival were coming.

Walpurgis Night. Known by rumor and whispered stories. The Strongest Witch ever. Come to fight a challenger to her title.

Come to fight the Witch of Time.

Isabel called to her friend, “Okay, it’s just about time for us to act. Just remember one thing.”

Maria summoned her Gatling, now sporting various refinements. “What?”

Isabel summoned her own equipment, her hammer and variety of crystalline objects that now adorned the Golden and Red dress she wore. Antaran defensive equipment courtesy of Vilandra’s memories.

How she wished she could get the anti-gravity stuff working! Some of that might even make her Steam Mech more applicable.

She called out to Maria, “Don’t die!” And she attacked.

--
Michael

Michael grumbled to himself.

Alex asked, “What is wrong?”

“I hate not being at her side.”

“Sorry, man, but this isn’t a normal fight. You just aren’t fast enough. You have the power, just not the speed.” Alex unrolled out another package and began to unfurl the roof that was keeping the rain out.

Michael glared at him. Bad enough he couldn’t fight with Maria. But now he was going to get wet too. And the game was coming on in a few hours too. It might not be as important as this but still. It would decide who made it to the Championships this year. He hated to miss it when he was basically useless here.

So he watched as Alex hooked something up to the back of the Jeep. After a few moments his curiosity got the better of him. “What are you doing?”

“Hooking up a little gift from Liz. It won’t last after she is gone. But with this beauty, we can provide some fire support for the girls.” He looked up at Michael, “What? Did you think we weren’t going to take part in this deadly and insane gamble?”

“Okaaaayy. Um, what does it do?” Despite getting a bit more wet, Michael got closer to the large device. It was mounted on what looked like a rotating gizmo that fit in the back of the Jeep. It looked almost like a machine gun from a World War Two movie.

“Well, if it works, then it will act like a cannon. It will channel and strengthen your blasts. I will do the driving and you will do your best to annoy Walpurgis Night.”

Michael set his hands on it and used his powers to probe the device. It was simple in theory and in operation. But the components alone were too complex for him to understand. “Amazing.”

Alex looked over at a rock formation. It was where Liz and Max awaited. “I will miss her.”

“You think she is really going to go through with it?”

Alex voice was nearly lost in the sound of the storm, “She doesn’t have any other good options, Michael. I doubt she has more than a week or two before she turns. It’s only been with your help that I have been able to keep the girls safe and sound for as long as I have.”

Michael looked at Alex. The man who had always seemed so clumsy and weak, but had proven pivotal in so much of what they had done in the last year. “Don’t sell yourself short, man.” He looked off into the storm, away from the rock outcrop. And his best friend. Max would no more survive the loss of Liz than he would of Maria. “How about we go out tonight after all of this and celebrate our survival… and celebrate our friend’s lives.”

“I will have to ask Isabel about that. But otherwise, I mean unless she simply wants to mourn alone, I guess it’s better to do it with our friends, right?”

Michael could only nod. It hit him. Max was going to die. He would never see his friend again. Pain welled up inside of him.

But now was not the time.

He had to help his girls, help them survive long enough for Liz to set her trap. One that hopefully would in time change everything for the better. “Let’s go.” He got in back and got used to the blaster.

Alex drove towards where they had left the girls. Towards the storm.

And they joined the fight.

--
Max

Max stood watching as his love watched the storm. Inside of it lurked the infamous Witch of Helplessness.

How Alex found all this stuff, Max would never know. Even the hyperlinks Alex emailed him didn’t work. All Alex ever did was sigh. Max might not believe his sources, but he had SEEN Alex load information from these sites. They existed. But for some reason he couldn’t access them.

Neither could Michael or anyone he had asked before. Isabel and Liz could.

His friend was just strange.

But his information was accurate. And he had helped the girls design things to use inside of the Barrier. He couldn’t fight like Michael, but he was good for them. Good for Isabel too.

He was leaving his friends in good hands.

There. He had admitted it. He was not going to survive this fight. Both he and his love were going to die.

Liz reached out and held his hand. “I could kill her. I could. I could do it in such a way that I did not survive. It would save countless human lives. Lives that I will let that bitch kill. All for the sake of a chance for the Souls of the Magical Girls. All risked for a chance.”

“A good chance. I won’t say I don’t wish there was another way. That we could do this somehow and survive. But your condition….” Watching Liz slowly lose her humanity had been hard. He had held on as long as he could. But she was slipping.

So was he.

Better by far to follow the plan.

“Is what I am doing right, Max?”

“Outside of you, love, I do not believe in absolutes. We are doing the best we can to make the best possible world for our friends. The best possible world for all of mankind, and who knows, perhaps beyond. We can do no less, Liz. It simply is who we are. And so we make this final stand.”

Liz giggled and pulled him close. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

The held each other close, but witnessed the drama before them. They watched as Maria and Isabel fought against the countless familiars Walpurgis Night sent against them. They watched as Alex drove the Jeep to support them, Michael sending bolts of blazing light back up against the clouds.

Kyubey suddenly joined them. What exactly do you expect to happen here? Do you have a plan to defeat her?

It had taken time. But Liz had found a way to channel her Telepathy to Max. To let him hear the Alien.

Max seldom bothered to speak to it. Max really didn’t like the tiny weasel like creature.

Liz on the other hand held long conversations with it, “I do have a plan to defend Roswell and protect my friends. Nothing more than that.”

Unless you use your full strength you will not defeat her, Elizabeth. Sure, it is a risk, but to save your friends and family, certainly a little risk is worth averting their deaths.

Liz smiled, “My plan will save them. Don’t worry. My friends are merely acting as a distraction.”

Ah. I will miss you Elizabeth. I will stay here and witness your ‘plan.’

Max watched as only insane driving by Alex saved him and Michael against a falling building. Michael kept firing, knocking down flying familiars with each blast. He even fired a few at the approaching Witch.

She was huge. As big as the buildings she was tossing around like toys.

Liz sent out a loud Telepathic call. NOW

Maria and Isabel began to retreat, falling back to the Jeep. Once they got in, Maria and Isabel and Michael all firing away, Alex drove them back towards Roswell.

It was time. He turned to face Liz.

Her face was bright with unshed tears. “I will love you always.”

He returned her statement, “Always and forever.”

Liz’s lips sadly quirked into a smile, “Until the end of Time.” Wings unfurled from her back and she carried Max away from their perch.

They could have attacked at any time. But Liz had wanted to make sure they would knock Walpurgis Night away from Roswell. Away from their friends and family.

Hopefully what they were about to do would send Walpurgis Night fleeing into a Barrier to heal for a time, but if not…. Liz hadn’t wanted to take a risk. And so they had offered their friends as bait.

And now was the time. He drew unto himself all of his powers, the full scope of a King of Antar.

He could feel as Liz did the same. As she drew all the unreal powers that were her purview.

Walpurgis tried to stop them. She probably thought Max and Liz planned on doing an attack run of some sort.

But they were too powerful. In truth they could have defeated her. But they would have lost control, have become a hybrid Witch that would threaten the world’s survival. No that was not the answer.

Instead they drew near the Witch and kissed. Suspended in the air in front of the Witch, the kissed on last time. One last time to show their love for the other.

--
And their powers, contrary and yet attractive connected. Max and Liz were killed instantly. But their wills channeled the energies they summoned as they died.

The explosion was off the scale. It could have killed Walpurgis Night, but it didn’t. Merely damaged her badly. As was hoped a Barrier formed and she disappeared for some years. It could have destroyed Roswell or perhaps even the world itself, so intense was the blast.

But it was focused. And as rapidly as it had exploded it vanished to some distant plane. Liz had done some careful calculations after all.

The explosion was strong enough to be felt in Roswell, to be felt even further. It was seen on satellites as a burst of energy pouring into space.

A Jeep raced through the storm, back into the town waiting to be battered. And although the storm did hit, it had lost some vital force that had made it so deadly.

It took some time for that damage to be repaired, and much longer for the four teens that had survived to fully recover.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Uninstall (XO Roswell/PMMM, ML, MM / Mature) P 23 - 08/1

Post by PML »

THis is the next to last part. I sit here listening to This Illusion by Type-Moon and I know I will be adding a song list to my authors section for this story. Music was integral to it from start to finish, even the title is from one of the songs from the list. But this song, well, if you wish it is here; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcnmWGyO ... re=related

It just fits the previous chapter and this epilogue. But remember there is one more part after this....

ken_r- Thanks. Remember that one of the central tenets of this story is, entropy and the laws of thermodynamics. Some things are unavoidable. Liz saw her death was inevatible, and tried to use it to its best advantage. Just remember as you read that our Lizzie always has a plan....

keepsmiling7- Thanks. I am fairly good at angst, decent at action and drama, but fluff.... Not so good. And I can only write so many downer drama scenes of them declaring endless love to each other. Followed by good old life affirming sex. They enjoyed their last few days. And they truly loved each other to be inseperable. This part isn't any cheerier, but I think you will like the part following this one.

I hope so anyway.

Uninstall Epilogue One

It would be nice to say they lived happily ever after, but that would be untrue. They did live. And to some extent thrive. The four of them, Maria and Michael, and Isabel and Alex, all worked together very well. And together they were able to thwart most problems that came their way.

There were arguments and disagreements of course. All of them had dreamed of lives outside of New Mexico. But that was where their territory lay. Leaving it meant not only leaving the citizens of that sector of New Mexico vulnerable, it also meant having to deal with touchy Magical Girls eager to protect their turf.

Even vacations were difficult.

But they muddled through, getting educations from near by colleges. And living a smaller life than they had hoped for.

For the most part, all of them were content. Particularly when the first child was born, a boy, to Maria. It seemed that a Magical Girl could indeed carry a child to term.

They were ecstatic and celebrated with their friends from some of the local cities.

Alex in particular was concerned about his daughter by Isabel. Would she be more inclined to be a Magical Girl as she was held inside of one for nine months? Was he truly doomed to have every girl in his life to have her Soul at risk?

None of that mattered in the end. For Liz had warned them that in nine years everything would change. That a group of girls in a small city in Japan would give rise to someone who would change the whole system.

Liz was right of course. She had seen it clearly. And her sacrifice had made it so much more likely that it would happen.

One girl, weak but with an amazing power and the ruthlessness to use it to its maximum had declared she would save her friend. Protect her from her fate. Stop her from ever making a contract.

That girl, Homura Akemi, could travel through time, although on by a month. Again and again she travelled back, and again and again she failed. Each time unknowingly increasing her friends potential. Until she was able to make a wish so powerful it would rewrite reality itself.

She made that wish, she then with a single shot defeated the powerful Walpurgis Night. Naturally she turned into a Witch immediately after. One much stronger that Walpurgis Night. One strong enough to threaten the world.

Around the world all of the Magical Girls banded together to through back this new threat.

They failed. Earth fell in less than a single day. Every single man, woman and child’s soul ripped from their bodies and placed inside of a Barrier that resembled paradise.

Our heroes were no exception.

The rest of the universe fell in a week.

And that should have been the end….

But it wasn’t.
PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Uninstall (XO Roswell/PMMM, ML, MM / Mature) Ep 1 - 08/2

Post by PML »

Thanks again. Sorry this took so long, but I really enjoyed writing this story and saying good bye to it was hard. Hope you have enjoyed it as much as I did writing it.

Keepsmiling7- Thanks as always. The first part of this is simply to finish the ties between this story and the other source material. The rest of it, I hope you enjoy.

Uninstall Epilogue Two

When the world ended, when the great Witch of Salvation tore through the world and then the Universe it should have ended. But the girl who had become the most powerful Witch had made a simple wish when she had become a Magical Girl.

A simple wish, but one of great power.

She had wished to defeat every Witch that had ever, was then existing, or would ever exist anywhere on any world for all of time. To remove their despair and to set them free at the moment of failure. To abolish the very existence of Witches.

It was a wish that did indeed transcend entropy, and was possible with the amount of power that Kaname Modoka possessed. And even as her Witch conquered and destroyed all living sentient beings in the universe, the wish was reverberating across that very same universe.

Humans were not the only species capable of sub-creation. They were not unique in that regard. Many of those worlds were visited by the Incubators, developed to a certain level, and then proceeded to destroy themselves. (The jury is still out on mankind.)

The Incubators didn’t care, not as long as they could gather the energy they used to slow and reverse entropy, not realizing that they themselves were as much a part of creations efforts to maintain it.

Creation doesn’t exist to be destroyed nor does it exist to slowly drift into growing darkness, unless by action or inaction of its denizens that becomes its fate. So it was here. The wish snuffed out Madoka’s Witch just like it had all the others.

It changed everything. Changing even her.

But that is a different story.

--
A girl in white greets a girl in pink. “Good job. Things should be better now.”

The girl in pink looked back at Creation, “Not much has changed. It had to stay close to what had been simply to….

“To make your existence possible. Even if you won’t get to live that life.” The girl in white looked away, “I am sorry.”

The girl in pink smiled, “That is okay. The work I am doing makes it all worth it.” She sighed, “What am I going to do with you?”

The girl in white smiled, “I got here on my own. And if you don’t stop me, I will be going back.”

“You are a Witch.”

The girl in white nodded, “The Witch of Time. But I never fell. My Soul Gem wasn’t black when I died. And the reason for my death no longer exists. There is no reason for me to NOT return.” She smiled, “This is the nature of my gift.”

The girl in pink laughed, “Go then. I will be there when you need me.”

The girl in white, Liz reached over and hugged the other girl, “Thank you for bringing us hope.”

And it was all gone.

--

Liz Parker stood in her parent’s café and swayed slightly. She raised her hand to her forehead and winced. Kyubey didn’t understand why she was getting these headaches.

She looked over at a chagrinned Maria, “Sorry, what were we talking about.”

Maria looked guiltily over at the table with a flabbergasted Michael and a sadly smiling Max. A slip of paper sat in front of each of them. “You were yelling at me about giving them our numbers. Something about harassing the guests.”

And the memories returned. All of them. Liz said, “I am the Witch of Time.”

“Sorry, Liz? Are you okay? Those headaches? I am sorry, I promise I won’t do anything to rile you up. I have a few herbal remedies that mom suggested and….”

Liz placed her hand on Maria’s shoulders, “Maria we have magical powers that let us heal from near fatal wounds. I doubt you mother’s home recipes are going to help here.”

Maria looked away, “I am just worried about you.”

Liz gave her a peck on the cheek, “Don’t. Everything will be fine now.”

Maria gave her a surprised look, “Okay?”

Liz smiled at Maria, and then at Max, “Things have changed, Maria. For the better. I will tell you over ice cream after work.” She used telepathy to finish. Before our double date tonight.

Maria glanced over at the table. You saw something? Your precognition is so random, Does the date go well? Is he as clueless as he seems? Will it be a total nightmare?

Trust me. Everything will be fine. Chaotic, but fine. “Oh, Maria table six is flagging for a waitress. Go see what they need.”

“Sure thing, Liz.” Maria was a mix of happy with worried as she moved towards table six.

Liz took stock of the memories she had of her current life. It was very close to the one she had lead before. Very little changes. They fought demons now. Demons that grew from the miasma of dark thoughts and despair. They drained vitality and hope from others.

She was still a Magical Girl, and it was still not a nice thing to be. Average life expectancy was still only nine months. But once you realized that lots of clueless girls fell in their first couple months, it really wasn’t too bad.

She probably still didn’t really need to worry about college, or given where she lived, graduate school. They consumed grief cubes from fallen demons. People still rationalized magic away.

Not much had changed.

Her powers had though. She could no longer see and draw from alternate versions of herself. Her precognition didn’t see as far as reliably, but she was faster and stronger. Greater magical capacity, nice touch.

Pam had still nearly killed her. Only now she would have simply died, not turned into an eldritch abomination. Maria had still saved her, had still been granted her voice. Had still accidently hurt her mother.

Liz stood there, just pondering the changes. She had still broken up with Kyle that morning, had still tried to dissuade Max. All for disquieting future visions.

It came to her, this Liz DIDN’T have precognition. But she, the Witch of Time, still did. And it fed into the current Liz on a sporadic basis, stronger now that the girl had magic.

She was the reason the current Liz had headaches. Her mind trying to reconcile having two different alternate visions of herself. She was now both of them. They had finally merged, although her previous self was dominant now.

But what of Max? Would he remember her? She had managed to escape because she had abilities that had transcended normal reality. Max had merely been a master of the real world. How could he possibly….

Liz looked longingly at Max, and an odd stiff smile appeared on his face.

Of course. Max didn’t truly know. Didn’t truly understand. But Zan did. Zan had always held a little back from her. There had always been a tiny bit of knowledge he had never divulged.

Liz intuited it now. And through it, the reason Max had always loved her. Why one sight in the third grade had decided his fate.

Max had imprinted his love for her on the fabric of reality itself. She could remember Maria laughing that his affection was like a natural law. Only, it wasn’t really funny.

Because in a very real way, his love for her WAS a natural law.

There was a loud sound, like a massive fire cracker going off.

‘Oh yeah, I am about to be shot.’

Liz looked at Max, stared deeply at him, enjoying his confused expression. Michael moved to cover Max, to protect his First. The man didn’t even know who he was and still he reacted in ways Rath would be proud of.

Liz still maintained eye contact with Max the whole time. Everything seemed to slow down.

Maria called out, “Liz!”

Liz just stood there, not moving, not dodging. It would hit her right in the middle abdomen, not immediately fatal, but a potentially mortal wound.

‘Not this time.’ One hand blurred as she CAUGHT the bullet.

She ignored the bruised and burned fingers holding the bullet.

Maria, Max, and Michael just stared at her. Maria was happy and surprised. Michael’s mouth was open with shock. Max’s with expectation.

Max got up to go to her, Michael trying to pull him away.

Liz turned to Maria, “Maria, focus, damage control.”

Maria shook her head, “Right.” She turned to bring order to the restaurant as the gunman and the man he was arguing fled.

Liz felt a deep sense of satisfaction flash through her, “I AM the Witch of Time.” She walked over to the table that both Max and Michael were just standing at, staring wide eyed at her. Liz slammed the bullet down and smiled at them. “Gentlemen, we need to talk….”

Liz had a second chance. She wasn’t going to waste it.

--
And so ends Uninstall. Thank you all for reading.