Dancing along the reality line (XO,SPN,MATURE) End Ch. 4/16

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 11/13/1

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 41

"Pregnant!" Max snapped as he shot out of his chair, scaring both Chloe and Bella in the process. "How the fuck did you get pregnant?!"

"Jimmy, why don't you take the girls to your room and watch some cartoons." Kyle said to his son but his eyes never left Max.

"Um." The 4 year old looked from his dad to his uncle and then back again. His dad was mad. "Okay." He had never seen his dad so mad before. "Um." Jimmy watched as his mom and aunt took his sister and cousin out of their high chairs. "Come on. Let's go to my room and watch Tv."

"Yay!" Both girls raced from the room with Jimmy right behind them. The four adults waited until the door was closed and then Kyle, Ava and Liz all turned to Max.

"What the fuck Max?" Ava snapped. "How dare you curse in front of our kids! We don't even do that."

"How did you get pregnant Liz?" Max demanded, completely ignoring Ava.

"You don't have to answer that Liz and you definitely don't have to answer to him." Then Ava cocked an eye at him. "Especially because he's been fucking my clone non stop for the last 5 years."

"Shut the fuck up Ava." Max snapped. "Answer the question Liz."

"How do you think, dumbass?" Liz stated as she folded her arms over her chest.

"Who did you fuck then? Alex? Kyle? Michael? Or was it just some random guy you met?" Max snapped. "Damn it Liz. When did you become such a slut? Because the Liz I knew would never act like this." Then he laughed but there was no humor in it. "Then again, you fucked Kyle before you shifted so what do I know."

The slap was unexpected. "How dare you." Liz was shaking as she spoke. "I'm pregnant because the night before I shifted back here, my husband and I made love. And I cannot believe you are still hung up on that."

"Of course I am. I saw the woman I love in bed with a guy I couldn't stand." Then he gave Kyle a dirty look. "Still can't."

"Well, I don't like you either King dumbass but that night was a setup." Kyle said, shaking his head.

"A what?"

"A setup, you Moron." Liz shook her head. "I knew you were coming over so I asked Kyle to help me out. We took everything but our underwear off and waited for you to show up." She ran her hand through her hair. "I knew once you saw us together that you'd think we did something, I just didn't think you'd hold onto it for so long."

"Why?" Max asked tears shimmering in his eyes.

Liz took a step back. "Because we don't belong together, Max. We never did and we never will. It took me going to another reality to realize it but I'm glad I did."

"But we could be so good together."

"Really? Because you just called me a slut." Liz took another step back.

"I didn't know."

"It shouldn't have mattered. If you really loved me, it wouldn't have mattered." Liz looked at Ava real quick before looking back at Max. "Look, Max, I know you thought that I was just gonna go back to you but I'm not. As soon as I can, I'm gonna go looking for my in laws. Bella loves them and with the new baby coming, I'm gonna need their help."

What happened next, happened so fast if you blinked, you missed it. In a fit of rage, Max threw himself at Liz but Ava was faster and had her purple shield up. He hit it like a concrete wall and stumbled back, holding his head as he fell into the chair a few feet behind him.

"What the fuck?!" Ava yelled as Liz grabbed her free hand. "Are you crazy Max?"

"I had to make sure she wasn't being mindwarped." He cried.

"So you attack her?" Kyle demanded as he walked over to his wife and friend. Both he and Ava stood in front of Liz, him on her right and Ava on her left.

"I wasn't attacking her."

"Could have fooled us." Kyle shook his head. "Max, I know this sucks but dude, you and Liz are never gonna be together again."

Max slowly stood up. "Yes we are because we're soulmates." He looked at Liz who looked like she was about to start crying. "We're soulmates." Then he looked back at Kyle. "That's something you'll never know about. And how could you? You got stuck with the reject."

"You know what?" Kyle laughed darkly. "At least I got the girl I wanted and am living the life I always wanted. What do you have?" Max looked away and Kyle smirked. "Exactly. Now," Kyle walked through Ava's shield. "Get the fuck out of my house."

As Kyle basically dragged Max from the kitchen and out of the house, Ava dropped her shield.

"Wow." Ava had always heard how crazy Max would get when it came to Liz but what she just saw... "Wow." When Ava turned to look at Liz, she saw her friend on the brink of tears. "Oh Liz." She pulled Liz into her arms. "Come here." There she broke down in tears.

"Why can't he just let go?" She cried. "Why can't he just let me go?"

(A month later)

"Finished." Alex said as he put the rest of Liz and Bella's things into Liz's new Volkswagen hybrid beetle. It was jet black and just perfect for her and her soon to be two kids.

"Finally." Liz joked as she and Ava walked over to him. Today Liz and Bella would be leaving and Liz was kind of glad only Ava, Kyle, the kids and her parents showed up.

After what happened with Max, Liz had wanted to get out of town as fast as possible. There were just a few things she had to do before she left and one of those things were talk to Maria.

"I don't know why Michael let you in, but I don't have time to talk to you." Maria said as she moved around her kitchen. "I'm trying to get dinner ready for my husband and daughter."

"I can see that so I'll talk fast." Liz ran a hand through her wavy hair. "I'm leaving in a few weeks and I know how busy you are but I was just wondering if we can still keep in contact?"

That got Maria to stop and turn to her. "So what? You get your money, announce that you're suddenly pregnant while driving Max completely insane and then just leave?"

"I'm not JUST leaving." Liz told her. "And I didn't drive Max completely insane. He's been crazy the moment we got him away from the FBI and while I feel sorry for him, I don't feel sorry enough to put my life on hold for him. I'm sorry but I won't do that." Liz folded her arms over her chest. "I can't."

"Then I guess we have nothing to talk about." Maria said as she turned back to what she had been doing.

"So that's it? You're just gonna throw our friendship away? Over a guy?"

Maria spun to her. "He's not just a guy, Liz. He's your soulmate. Remember?" Then she rolled her eyes. "Or are you so far gone on this Dean guy to remember?" Then she folded her arms over her chest. "And as for our friendship, that was gone way before you shifted."

Liz nodded. "I guess we're done here then."

"Yeah. I guess we are."

Saying bye to the others had been much easier after that. Isabel had hugged her while Michael had promised to stay in touch. Liz refused to say bye to Max and Tess, well Tess was M. I. A.

"Ha. Ha. Not funny." Alex said as he walked over to them.

"What's not funny?" Kyle asked as he too walked over to them. "And please let it be spank bank material." He said as he rubbed his hands together.

"Must your mind always be in the gutter?" Alex asked smiling.

"It has a permanent home there."

"Of course it does." Liz said as she shook her head. Then she looked at Ava. "And you said I had a freak." Both girls laughed as Kyle and Alex just shook their heads.

"Now. Now children. The real kids are here." Liz's dad said as he and Liz's mom walked towards them. "So behave." He was holding Chloe while her mom was holding Bella. Jimmy was sitting in the grass, playing with his toy cars.

"Okay daddy." Liz walked over to her mom and gently played with the back of Bella's hair as her father handed Chloe over to Ava. "She's gonna miss everyone so much. I just know it." Then Liz smiled sadly. "I almost don't wanna leave."

"But your heart is in Lawrence." Her mom said. "I understand that honey." She handed Bella to Liz's dad before pulling Liz into a hug. "Please call us this time. I would hate to lose contact with my daughter and grandchildren." There was a slight pause and Liz knew her mom was going for guilt. "Again." See.

Liz rolled her eyes. "Of course mom. I'm leaving not only my cell number and our mailing address but as soon as I get a house phone, you'll be getting that number too." Then Liz smiled. "Plus we're only a few hours away so you guys can always drive up to visit us."

"We can but your old man is just that. Old." Her dad joked as her mom let her go. Ava grabbed Bella and squeezed her tight as Liz hugged her dad.

"I'll miss you daddy."

"I'll miss you too honey bear." His hug was quick but tight and Liz loved it.

"And you're not old." Liz said before walking to Kyle. "I'm gonna miss you Buddha boy."

"They always do." He said as he pulled her into a hug. Liz rolled her eyes and slapped him. "Hey. Watch the guns. I wouldn't want you to break a nail or something."

Liz looked at Ava. "How do you stay with him?"

She smirked. "The sex isn't half bad."

"Hey!" Kyle said. "That's not cool babe. The sex is amazing. Always."

"Go get Chloe. I think shes trying to stuff Bella into our car." And sure enough, Chloe was pushing Bella into the Valenti's opened car. Both moms burst out laughing while Kyle ran to stop her. When they saw he had everything under control, the pair turned to each other. "I always thought Maria was my first real friend but I now know that's not true." Ava told her. "Thank you for not seeing Tess and for being not only my best friend but also my sister."

"Thank you for not being like Tess and for being not only my best friend but also my sister." They hugged and when they pulled back, both were crying a little.

"I hope my goodbye isn't sad like that." Alex said as Ava pushed Liz to him.

"I wouldn't dream of it." She said. "Bye Alex."

"Bye Liz."

"Unka Alex. Unka Alex." Bella yelled as she ran to him. Alex, of course, scooped her up the same way Sam had done the moment she learned to crawl. "I miss you."

"I'll miss you too munchkin." He tickled her stomach making her laugh and Bella planted a big wet one on his cheek. "How come I get a better goodbye from the daughter than I do the mother?"

"Because you didn't want it to be sad." Liz scoffed.

"Then don't be sad." He pulled Liz to his side with his free arm.

"Fine." Liz wrapped her arms around his waist. "Bye Alex. I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too Lizzie." She stood in his arms for a minute, debating whether or not she should leave before pulling away and reaching for Bella.

"Come on bunny. We have to get going." They waved bye and Liz buckled Bella up in her carseat. Then she waved one last time to her loved ones before getting into her bug and driving off.
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 11/15/1

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 42

(A month later)

A month had passed and the only thing Liz managed to do was look like a complete crazy person. No one knew who the Winchesters were and those that did know them, didn't know where they were. It was like they just disappeared off the face of the planet.

When she went to John and Mary's, a woman named Jenny and her two kids lived there. Jenny had said that Sam and Dean had helped her but that she hadn't seen them since then and that had been two years ago. When Liz went to see Donnie at the garage to see if maybe he knew where his business partner and family were, he had told her that he hadn't seen the Winchesters in over 26 years. He had said that after the accident, John had taken the boys and just disappeared. No phone call. No letter. Just gone.

What accident and where was Mary in all of this?

"Where are my in laws?" Liz mumbled to herself.

Her only saving grace was their knew home. Because no one had lived in the house since her great grandparents, all Liz had to do was repaint and buy new furniture. It was nice not having to use her powers all the time.

The first room she did was the master bedroom, her new room. Instead of doing it exactly like she and Dean had done their room, Liz had opted to do the complete opposite. She painted the walls a soft yellow and bought tan furniture. Sure she kept the setup the same but she also added a few things. For instance, she added a window like shelf for over her bed and put a row of orange tea lights on it. She also bought an orange chaise for next to the bookshelf and a room divider so she could change behind. But she with her changes, she kept one thing the same; her mattress. Though the king size swallowed her whole, she loved it and it reminded her of Dean.

The second room she did had been her father's office in the other reality. Here, it was Bella's room. Pink paint covered the walls while a gray castle sat on the wall across from the bed. Bella's twin size bed sat in the middle of the room with the matching night stand and a princess lamp next to it. Her dresser was by the door, her toy box and kitchen by the windows. It pretty much looked exactly like it did in the other reality. The only difference was the collage that she hung over her bed.

Liz had managed to print the pictures from the cell phone that had some how shifted with her but had no service. Then she made not one but two collages and filled some of the picture frames her mom had gotten for her.

Bella's collage was mostly pictures from the other reality. There were pictures of when Liz had been pregnant, of Dean holding Bella and of the others doing things with her. There was one of Bella sleeping on John's chest, one of Mary singing to Bella, one of Jess playing peek a boo with Bella and one of Sam just hugging Bella. Then there was Liz's favorite one.

It was the one of the whole family on Bella's first birthday. It had been two months before they shifted back here and Liz and Serena had gone all out. A Minnie mouse theme party had been what they settled on so the entire apartment had been filled with red, pink and black balloons, streamers and decorations. Mary had cooked and Liz's mom had baked the cake.

When it came time for pictures, the first one was of Liz, Dean and Bella. Liz and Dean had bent down on either side of Bella's high chair and smiled. (That one was on the collage.) The second one, John and Mary had taken with her. The third had been Sam and Jess, the forth, her mom and the last one was of Bella and Serena. Liz's favorite, though, was of all of them together.

Serena had taken the picture while Liz and Dean had taken their spots by the highchair. Then Sam and Jess had stood behind Liz while John and Mary stood behind Dean. Serena had taken exactly 3 pictures like that before Mary grabbed Liz's mom. She stood behind Bella and between Jess and Mary. That picture was sitting on the mantle in the living room as well as in the middle of Bella's collage.

Mattie's collage was still in the process of being made. Liz only had a few pictures of herself and her friends in Roswell. She was kind of hoping that by finding the Winchesters here, she'd get more pictures.

But that was looking slimmer everyday that passed.

"Mama, eat?" Bella asked as Liz had just finished painting the entire livingroom a yellowish green. She was going for an Italian style theme for the living room and had bought a yellow couch with a green chair and ottoman set. She was done with the matching of everything. She needed more color in her life.

"Let me just..." Liz waved her hand over everything that she had gotten paint on and smiled. Her wooden end tables and coffee table were in place as was the green plush rug that lay under said coffee table. "Okay. I'm done."

She walked to the hallway, pulled on her black cardigan over her loose yellow batman tank and helped Bella into her pink pea coat. While it wasn't that cold out, it was still chilly and Liz didn't want nor need her daughter to get sick.

"Thank you, mama."

"You welcome bunny." Then Liz grabbed her keys, wallet and cell off the hallway table. "Let's go."

They had ended up going to the small dinner that she, Sam and Serena had always gone to when they were teenagers. Though none of Sam's pie winning pictures were up and all the poems and saying she and Serena had written on the tables were gone, the staff and food was still amazing.

When they were done, Liz took Bella to the park where she and Serena use to hang out at night and just talk about their futures. It was so weird being in Lawrence all alone. No Serena showing up because she just wanted to see them. No Sam and Jess calling to see if they could babysit. No John and Mary showing up for mama and papa Winchester time and definitely no her, Dean and Bella family time. It was...it sucked.

"I'm sorry to hear that but I'm sure I can shed some light as to why that is." Liz spun on her heel and came face to face with an older African American woman.

"Who are you and how can you read my mind?" Liz asked, her hand opened and ready just in case this woman was a skin.

"My name is Missouri." Her hand rose from her side but all Liz did was stare at it. "Now I know your parents taught you manners." Liz's hand rose on its own and once they touched, Liz was assaulted with images. Flashes of Missouri's life. "Just breathe sugar. Just breathe." The image of Sam and Dean from about two years ago flashed by Liz's eyes and then an image of John. "I know all about them."

"How?"

Instead of answering her, Missouri turned Liz's hand over and caressed Dean's name. "You loved him." It was said as a statement. Not a question. "With all of your heart." A soft smile touched the older woman's lips and Liz relaxed.

"Still do."

"I understand." Missouri said with a nod. "I know what it's like to love a Winchester man." She smiled and an image of a sad and worn down John flashed through Liz's mind. "So strong. So determined." Then she looked at Liz, her mind opened for Liz to see everything. "But then again, things aren't the same here as they were there. Are they?"

"No." Liz slowly pulled her hand away. The images she received were more than enough to keep her calm. "What are you?"

"I'm a psychic." Missouri pointed to a bench that was right in front of the sandbox where Bella was playing. "We should sit."

"Okay." Liz followed after her while still keeping an eye on her baby. Though she knew Missouri wasn't evil, she was still wary of other people. "So how did you find me?"

"Wasn't hard." Liz looked at her confused. "No one has come looking for the Winchesters. Ever. So when I caught wind of you, all I had to do was retrace your steps."

Liz nodded. "So do you know where they are? Do you know where my in laws are?"

Missouri nodded slowly but she had this look in her eye that told Liz everything she was about to learn was gonna kill her a little inside.

"When Sam was 6 months old, a demon went into his nursery and did something to him. Mary, bless her heart, tried to stop him."

"What happened to her?" Liz asked as she rubbed her growing belly. The feeling of something bad happening rose but she refused to back down.

"He killed her baby." Her body reacted before her head did, making her run to the bushes before she threw up on Missouri. "That's it." She said from behind her. "Let it all out." Then she pushed a couple of napkins into Liz's hand. "For your mouth."

"I don't..." Tears fell from Liz's eyes. "I don't understand."

"But you will. Come."

Liz and Bella returned home just in time for Bella's bedtime.

"First a bath and then it's off to bed with you." Liz told her as she led Bella up the stairs.

"Okay mama." The 18 month old said as she rubbed her eyes.

As Liz got Bella ready for bed, her afternoon with Missouri swam through her head.

~Poor Jessica was in the middle of a war she knew nothing about.~

Jess was dead. She had died in a fire, the same way Mary had. So there was no way Liz would be bumping into the blond she thought of as a sister.

~John traded his life for Dean's. He didn't know if Dean would survive and he wasn't going to take the chance of his boy dying. Such a heroic thing to do from such a stupid man.~

John was also dead. He had sold his soul for Dean's life. He had always said that he'd do anything for his family. Then he would pull both her and Jess to him and say the same thing about them. No more mama or papa Winchester. What a shame.

~Now your lug head husband had sold his soul because Sammy was already dead and he didn't want to live without him. The only problem with that was that the demons only gave him a year. Poor boy died in May. On the 2nd.~

Though she had known that Dean was already dead and how he died, she never knew why. Until now. He had sold his soul for his little brother. For Sam.

"Goodnight bunny." Liz said as she tucked Bella in.

"Nite. Nite mama." Then Liz kissed her on her forehead and left the room.

Liz had pretty much slept like a log until a buzzing filled her ears. At first it was low, like a bug flying by, but then it got louder and louder. She sat up in bed holding her ears to stop the buzzing when all of a sudden, a man in a trench coat appeared at the foot of her bed.

"Do not fear me." He said evenly but before Liz could open her mouth, he disappeared.

"What was-?" A blinding white light filled her room as a voice rang in her ears.

"Dean Winchester is saved."
Last edited by Appleprincess on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 11/17/1

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 43

(2 months later)

"Wow sweetheart." Her father said as he helped her set the long table. "This place looks amazing." He patted her on her back. "You did an amazing job."

"Thank you daddy."

Today was thanksgiving and while Liz was happy that not only her parents but also her friends had come to spend it with her and Bella, she couldn't help but think back to the morning after she met Missouri.

Liz sat alone in the nook of her kitchen, drinking a hot cup of cherry tea when the man in the trench coat appeared in front of the table. If she could have moved fast enough, she would have but she was four months pregnant and super tired.

"Who are you and why are you in my house?"

"My name is Castiel and I have come to make sure that both you and your children stay out of harms way."

"Harms way?" Liz asked skeptically. "Who would want to hurt me and my kids?"

"You are the wife of Dean Winchester. That is both a great honor and a death sentence. Both heaven and hell will soon be after you but for very different reasons. Demons will try to kill you to get to Dean and angels will try to hold you captive to test him."

"But I don't understand. Dean is dead." Castiel stared at her. "He is. I saw him being ripped to shreds."

"That was an unfortunate event but I-." He suddenly stopped talking and looked at the ceiling. "I must be going." And when she blinked, he was gone.

"You okay sweetheart?" Her mom asked Liz, pulling her from her head.

"Um," Liz swayed a bit but caught herself. "Yeah mom. I just..." She looked at her dad. "I think I need to sit down."

Her father grabbed her by the arm and helped her onto the nearest chair. Castiel hadn't returned since then so she didn't know if Dean was really alive or if he was still dead.

(A month later)

Liz took a step back and looked over her work. Christmas was next week and while everything else was done, she had left this for last. The Christmas tree.

In the other reality, Sam and Dean had always done the decorating while John supervised them. She and Mary, and then later Jess, would be in the kitchen cooking and baking pies. Liz smiled. The Winchesters sure did love their pies and Bella was no different. Hopefully Mattie would be the exception.

"Wow sugar." Missouri said as she walked into the livingroom, holding Bella's hand. "That looks amazing." In her other hand, Liz could see a plate of food and Mattie wiggled letting her know he was starving.

"Thanks. Is that for me?" Liz asked as she sat in the green comfy chair. Then she put her feet up on the small matching ottoman.

"Of course. You've been working so hard, I thought it was time for something to eat." She said as she handed Liz the plate.

Smiling a thank you, Liz watched as Missouri sat on the yellow couch and pulled Bella onto her lap. Then she turned on the Tv and Liz couldn't help but smile.

She didn't know why Missouri stuck around but she was glad she did. It was hard enough redecorating a new house but add in the fact that she was taking care of a 21 month old, getting ready for baby number 2 and she was trying to get the bar up and running before next year, it was a lot for one person. Liz was very thank full for Missouri.

"Thank you." But even with Missouri's help, it wasn't the same as Dean's love.

(2 months later)

"Breathe, Lizzie. Just breathe." Ava coached as she dipped the rag in her hands into a bowl of water. Then she wrung it out and pressed it against Liz's head.

"Oooohhhh God!" Liz yelled as the contraction passed. "Why, oh why would I do this again?" She cried. "Didn't I learn the first time?"

Missouri laughed as she walked into the guest room where they had set everything up. The crazy psychic had talked Liz into having Mattie at home. Stupid? Yes. Crazy? Yes but it had seemed like a good idea at the time.

"Because your husband was someone no woman in her right mind would kick out of bed."

"Not funny, M." Liz groaned as another contraction hit her.

What a way to start February off. Her contractions had started 2 days ago so Liz called Ava like she had asked. But the little monster had waited until everyone got here to really start coming.

"Just breathe Liz." Ava told her and Liz's head snapped towards her.

"You breathe." She snapped and Ava laughed as another contraction hit her.

"Oh honey. Just relax." Liz's mom said as she pushed Liz's hair back.

"But it hurts so much mommy."

"I know that baby but you have to be strong for my grandson." She smiled. "For your son." Liz nodded.

"For Mattie."

"For Mattie." Missouri repeated as she moved between Liz's legs. "Ladies." Ava dropped the rag and grabbed Liz's right leg at the same time as Liz's mom kissed Liz's forehead and grabbed her left leg. "Okay Liz." There was a slight pause and Liz wondered what the hell she was doing. "Push."

Sucking in a deep breath, Liz sat up as best as she could and pushed with all her might. It took a few seconds but she felt Mattie's head come out. Another push and the rest of him followed.

"Oh God." Liz fell back against the bed as Ava went to clean Mattie off.

"You did it." Her mom cried. "You did it honey." She gave Liz a few kisses on the forehead before walking off to see where Ava had gone.

"Okay Liz. A quick push and we're done." When Missouri finished with her and walked away, her mom was back by her side. With her son in her arms.

"Here baby." She handed Liz Mattie. "Here's your baby."

No tears fell until Liz got a chance to look him over. Ten fingers. Ten toes. One little...well all of his baby boy business was there. Liz gently traced down his pinched face and over his pouty lips. Dean's lips.

"Hello Mattie. I've been waiting for you my sweet boy." She kissed him softly never seeing the flash of the camera. "I will love you with all that I am."
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 11/19/1

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 44

(7 months later)

Liz bounced Mattie on her hip as she got both his and Bella's bags ready. While she was dropping Bella off at Missouri's, Mattie was coming with her because he had a doctor's appointment today. And boy was she glad he did because he was running a fever and she didn't know why.

"Isabella Winchester! Are you ready?" Liz yelled and a second later, Bella came running into the kitchen.

"Yes mama, I ready."

"Um," Liz looked Bella over and smiled. She was dressed in a pink shirt with a yellow tutu, green leggings and purple sneakers. "Let's get you changed into something that won't get me killed by Missouri."

Bella laughed. "Okay mama."

A half an hour later, Liz pulled in front of Missouri's house. She quickly jumped out of the bug and ran to pull both Bella and Mattie out.

"Mimi's house, mama. Mimi's house." Bella said as she clapped.

"Yeah bunny. Here." Liz handed Bella her bag before kicking the car door close. "Let's go." They practically ran to the front door where Bella reached for the knob but it wouldn't turn.

"It lock. Why mama?"

"I don't know why bunny but I can fix that." Liz took a quick glance around before using her powers to unlock the door. Normally she wouldn't use her powers but she was running late and she hated running late. "There you go." She gently pushed Bella in and again kicked the door closed. "Okay, I'm gonna put the Tv on for you and then I'm going to talk to Missouri. Okay bunny?"

"Uh hum." Bella mumbled as she climbed onto the couch.

Liz laughed. "Okay." Then she walked towards the kitchen where she knew Missouri was. "Hey Missouri, I left Bella in the-." She stopped talking when she heard Missouri start.

"So let me get this straight. Not only did y'all start the apocalypse but now you both mean to tell me that both of you are the meat suits to two very powerful and very dangerous angels?" Who was she talking to? Liz moved more into the kitchen and felt the air leave her lungs. Sam and Dean were sitting in her friend's kitchen. How? And why?

"Yes." Dean said as he hung his head.

"Why I atta slap the both of yous upside ya heads." Liz bit back a laugh. Missouri had her back to her and neither Winchester was looking her way so it was safe to just-.

"Hello." Sam was staring right at her and Liz felt like she was caught with her hand in the cookie jar. "Who are you?"

Missouri spun around while Dean just looked up at her. He had been leaning against the counter, his arms folded in front of him while Missouri was mixing something on the stove. Now he stood with his hands behind him and his eyes on her while Missouri held her hands over her heart.

Liz shook her head and smiled. "Um, I'm sorry to interrupt but Bella is in the living room and I'm running very late." She handed Bella's bag to the psychic. "Thank you again Missouri. I'll be by to pick her up later. Bye." And before anyone could stop her, Liz was gone.

Dean stared shocked as the brunette basically ran from the kitchen with her kid in her arms. Who was she and how much did she hear?

"She's my friend." Missouri said as she put a pink bag with princesses onto the table in front of Sam. "And even if she did hear something, she'd neva say a thing." Dean folded his arms over his chest. Missouri had friends? "Of course I have friends you sorry sap. What do you think I do all day? Just sit around waiting for people to come and get their fortunes told?"

Sam bit back a laugh while Dean's mouth dropped open. "I didn't say anything."

Missouri scoffed. "Of course you didn't." She walked over to the doorway that led to the livingroom and stood there.

"So who is she?" Sam asked nicely but she didn't answer him. Instead she called into the living room.

"Bella, baby, you hungry?"

"Yes Mimi." A tiny and very girlie voice said and a second later a little girl in light purple shirt and a dark purple tutu walked in.

She was very pretty. She had curly brown hair and a round face, both of which came from her mom but it was her green eyes and the poutiness of her lips that held Dean's attention. Both reminded him of his mother.

"How...how old...how old is she?" He stammered.

"She just turned 2 in March." Missouri said with a knowing smile. "On the 15th. Why?"

"No reason."

"Hi." The little girl greeted as she climbed onto the chair next to Sam.

"Hey. What's your name?" Sam asked.

"I Isabella." Missouri placed a bowl in front of her and she grabbed a spoon. "Yummy." Then she dug in.

"Wow Dean, she eats just like you." Sam joked.

"No." Isabella said between spoonfuls. "I eat like daddy." She ate another spoonful. "Mama say so."

"Really?" Dean asked as he sat in the seat across from her. "Do you know who your daddy is?" Bella nodded. "Who is he?"

"My daddy." She said it as if he should have already known the answer. "Duh."

"Duh?" Sam and Missouri laughed while Dean just wiped his face. "WHERE is your daddy?"

"Mama say daddy in heaven." She scunched up her nose in confusion. "What heaven?"

"Um," Dean looked at Sam who shook his head. "Heaven is where," He turned to Missouri who just gave him a pointed look. "Is where good people go when they die."

"Die? Daddy die?" Though it looked like she didn't understand what die meant, she still looked like she was on the verge of tears. Dean suddenly felt like a total dick.

"And you should." Missouri snapped as she slapped him on the back of his head. Then she moved over to Isabella. "Don't listen to him baby. He likes the taste of his own foot." That made her smile.

"Ewe." She giggled. "He boy. His feet stinky."

"Yes they are." Sam laughed. "Trust me."

Dean stood up. "I need a drink."

Liz smiled as Donnie told her about how bad the new mechanic was. Gone were the pointed looks and whispers. Once she reopened Parker's and showed everyone she was here to stay, they all warmed up to her. Well not ALL of them but there were always some people who didn't like you. Can't win everyone over.

"He can't be that bad Donnie." Liz said as she bounced Mattie on her hip. The doctor had said he had a fever because his teeth were coming in. Great. Just what she needed. A teething 7 month old and a 2 year old who only wanted to help.

"Bad isn't even the right word Lizzie." Donnie said as he finished his beer. "He's horrible." Both laughed for a few until Donnie got off of the stool. "I better be going." He took out what he owed for his two beers and put it on the bar. "Janie is probably waiting for me."

"Probably? With a stud like you as her husband, I know she is." Donnie barked out in laughter.

"Night Lizzie. Hope the little one doesn't give you too much trouble."

"Thanks Donnie." And he was gone.

Liz smiled before getting back to work. Since it was close to closing, she had a lot of work ahead of her and with Mattie on her hip, it was going to take longer than usual. Thank God for True and Melody or she'd be doing everything by herself.

True was this busty blond with blue eyes and the mouth of a sailor. The men loved her even though she pretty much talked them out of their money.

Melody was her completely opposite. She was this small redhead with gray eyes who even after 5 months of working in the bar, still blushed whenever she got hit on. But she was a crazy good waitress and was amazing with mixing drinks.

"I'm done Lizzie." True walked over to the bar with the gray dish tub and started collecting the few dishes on the bar. "All I have to do is put these in the dish washer and then I'm done."

"Thanks again True. I don't know what I'd do without you and Mel."

"Don't even." True scoffed. "You were the only person to hire me when no one would even look at me. You helped me get a nice apartment close by and you treat me and my son like family." She walked over to the kitchen door. "If I believed in angels, I would have thought you were one."

Liz smiled. "Thanks but I just know how it is to start all over again."

"No. Thank you." Then she disappeared into the back and Liz walked over to the jukebox. She quickly put in a quarter and selected the same song she listened to every night.

As the tapping started and the guitar strings come on a second later, Liz smiled.

~Leaves are falling all around, It's time I was on my way. Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay. But now it's time for me to go. The autumn moon lights my way. For now I smell the rain, and with it pain, and it's headed my way. Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...~

It had been Dean's favorite song. A song he had listened to constantly until she too loved it. Hell, they had almost made it their wedding song but Mary talked them out of it. She hated Led Zeppelin with a passion. So they picked a different song. Hey Jude by The Beatles. Liz loved the song and Mary use to sing it to Dean whenever he got sick when he was younger.

~Ramble On, And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song. I'm goin' 'round the world, I got to find my girl, on my way. I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On, Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.~

Liz remember once upon a time when she demanded to know why Dean loved this song so much. He had smiled and said it was because it had described his life. His life before her.

~Got no time to for spreadin' roots, The time has come to be gone. And to' our health we drank a thousand times, it's time to ramble on.~

Now it was the only song that calmed Mattie down. How? She didn't know. At least with Bella, Dean had been around to sing it to her whenever she wanted to hear it. With Mattie...she didn't know why he liked it or even how he even knew it but it seemed to sooth him. Go figure.

~Ramble On, And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song. I'm goin' 'round the world, I got to find my girl, on my way. I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On, Gotta find the queen of all my dreams.~

"Can I ask you a question?" True asked as she walked out of the back and Liz nodded. "Why do you always play this song whenever you close?"

"It was my husband's favorite song and it kind of grew on me." Liz said as she gently rocked Mattie to sleep. The pull was great but he was still fighting it.

"How come I've never met him?" True asked as she leaned against the bar. "I mean he never comes into the bar. Why? Was he an alcoholic or something?"

Liz slowed down her rocking as Mattie tried to get more comfortable. "He um, he died last year in May."

~Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear. How years ago in days of old, when magic filled the air. T'was in the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair. But Gollum, and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her, her, her....yeah.~

"Oh God, Liz. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." Liz wiped at her eye. "You didn't know." She walked over to True and smiled. "Did you put the dishes to wash?"

"Um, yeah. I did. It should be done soon." True said as she took off her apron and wrapped it up.

"Thanks again." Liz walked over to the playpen in the corner and put Mattie inside and instead of him crying like he had been doing all night, he fell asleep. "Oh thank God." She turned to True. "You can go home if you want."

~Gonna ramble on, sing my song. Gotta keep-a-searchin' for my baby... Gonna work my way, round the world. I can't stop this feelin' in my heart Gotta keep searchin' for my baby. I can't find my bluebird!~

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Only Jimmy and Ben are here and if any one else comes in, I can handle it. Plus Mattie is down for the count so I'm gonna run with it."

True laughed. "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye True." Once she was gone, Liz got to work.

She grabbed the cleanest rag and started on the tables. Her song was over but another one of Dean's favorites came on and Liz smiled. Though it freaked her out how similar to his father he really was at only 7 months old, Liz couldn't be happier that Mattie had gotten something from Dean other than just his looks and his last name.

When she was done with all the tables, she went to the bar and clean that as well. She was greatful that True collected all the dishes, bottles and garbage but she kind of wished she did a little more. Oh well, that'll be tomorrow's problem. As she began restocking the bar, Liz heard someone walk in.

"You still open?" She nodded as she carried a crate full of empty bottles towards the back.

"Take a seat anywhere." Then she put the crate on the stack of others and realized it was something else she'd have to do tomorrow.

"Okay then." She heard the new comers mumble and something about their voices was familiar to her. Oh well. Liz started to sweep until she heard Jimmy saying goodbye.

"Bye Liz."

"Bye Jimmy." She turned to look at his table and saw Ben still sitting there. He nodded at her and motioned for her to come over but she went over to the new comers instead. She was not in the mood to talk to him yet. "What can I get for you guys?"

"Just a couple of beers and maybe a few shots."

"You got it." Liz turned and went back to the bar. For all the things to be the same, she didn't think Ben's infatuation with her would be one of them. In fact, she hadn't even thought about him until she saw him walk into her bar the day it opened. "Here you go." She placed a beer in front of both guys and then a shot.

When she turned to leave, she felt a hand on her arm. "Um, miss?" She looked up and felt the air leave her lungs. What the hell were they doing here?

"Yes?"

"Can we talk?"

"About?"

"We just have a few questions." Sam gave her his puppy dog look that both Jess and Serena had loved. She, on the other hand, just thought it looked stupid. "Just a few questions, please."

Liz bit back an eye roll. "Let me finish closing up and then get rid of Ben. Once he's gone, you can ask me any question you want."

Ramble on - Led Zeppelin
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 11/21/1

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 45

"Are you sure you're okay with being alone with those 2 guys?" Ben asked as Liz pushed him out. She looked at Sam and Dean who were now by the bar. Though she didn't want to be alone with them, she knew that if she didn't let them ask their questions now then they would never leave her alone.

"They're friends of Missouri's and if she trusts them, then so do I." She gave him one last push and he was outside of the bar. "Bye."

As she began closing the door, Ben's hand shot out and stopped her. "So, would you like to go out on a date some time? With me?"

"I um, I'm not ready to start dating again Ben. I'm sorry but the answer is no."

"Oh." He moved his hand and back up. "I guess I'll just have to try harder tomorrow." Then he left and Liz felt like pulling her hair out. He wasn't going to take no for an answer and without Dean here as a buffer, she was screwed. She really wished Dean was here.

"So..." Dean said pulling her from her head. "He your boyfriend?"

"No." Liz shook her head as she walked over to them. God how they both looked so much like they did in the other reality and yet so different. "He wants to be but I'm not...I'm not ready yet."

"Because of your late...husband?" Dean asked and Liz was a little shocked her would say that. "I'm just guessing."

"Yeah. My husband is..." She let out a strangled breath. How does one tell a person that they're dead when they're standing right in front of you? "I'm sorry. It's still hard to say even after so long." She wiped at her eyes. God how she missed her Dean.

"I'm sorry for your lost." Sam said as he leaned forward on the bar. "I'm Sam by the way. Sam Winchester and this is my big brother Dean."

"Liz. Liz Parker." Then she pointed to her sleeping son who was facing away from them. "That's Mattie and I'm sure you met Bella." Sam nodded. "So what's with all the questions?"

"Well, we're gonna be hanging around for a while and since you go to Missouri's, we just thought it would be best if we knew a little bit more about each other." Sam said. Hanging around? Great. All she needed was for Bella to remember them and then she'd have to tell them the truth and by the looks on their faces, they wouldn't take the news well.

"Like what?" Liz asked as she handed each of them a new beer. Just act normal, she told herself.

"Like how you and Missouri became friends." Dean said.

"Well I came here about a year ago looking for my in laws. Bella loved them and Mattie was gonna need them but no one knew where they were. They just...kind of disappeared I guess. A month later, Missouri found me and told me the truth and we just...I guess we just became friends after that."

"What happened to your in laws?" Dean asked before taking a drink from his beer.

"Dead. All of them except for a brother in law who is M. I. A. at the moment." Her lies sounded a lot like truths.

"And how did your husband die?" Liz ran a hand through her hair and dropped it onto the bar top; her bracelet clanking against the wood.

"An animal attack." Sam was staring at her face while Dean was staring at her bracelet.

"I'm sorry for your lost." Dean said as he looked around the bar. Weird.

"Thanks. It um, it happened last year in May."

"What?" Dean coughed, spitting some of his beer out. "I mean, we have to go."

"Okay." Liz slowly pulled her arm off the bar before looking at the clock on the wall behind them. "Oh crap. I have to go too." She grabbed their empty bottles and put them into the last crate that needed to be carried to the back. "Bella is probably driving Missouri nuts."

Dean chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah. I bet she is." Then he knocked on the bar. "Well, bye."

Dean grabbed onto Sam's arm and dragged him out of the bar. As they passed the front door, Dean looked up and saw a devil's trap. What the hell?

"Dude, what the hell?" Sam snapped as they walked towards the impala. "Why do you keep asking about her husband?"

"That doesn't matter. Did you see her bracelet?" Dean snapped.

"So what? We're looking for jewelry now?" Sam joked but stopped once he saw how serious Dean was. "No I didn't. What about it?" He asked as he put his hands on the impala's roof.

"It's mom's bracelet."

"What?" Sam snapped but before Dean could answer him, Liz walked out of the bar. She locked the door and walked over to a black beetle with her son in her arms. She nodded at them as she opened the door and put him in. As she bent over, Dean couldn't help but stare at her ass.

Tight dark blue jeans hugged to soft curves and round hips. If he hadn't seen her kids with his own eyes, he wouldn't have believed she had any. Then again, she didn't look like a hunter either and she may just be one.

"Dean!" Dean's head snapped to Sam as the bug drove pass them. "How do you know that's mom bracelet?"

"Get in."

"How do you know though?" Sam asked as Dean started the car.

"I don't but I've only seen that bracelet once." Then he pulled away from the bar and drove straight to Missouri's. "And even if it's not mom's bracelet, she's still a hunter."

"How? How do you know that?"

"You obviously didn't see the devil's trap over the bar door or the salt on the windows." Dean said as he parked a few houses back from Missouri's.

"Dude, I've never seen you like this before." Sam said as he turned to face Dean. "Actually I have. Once."

"What? What are you talking about?" Dean asked as he watched Liz walk out of Missouri's with Bella asleep in her arms. Missouri said something to Liz but Dean couldn't see or hear what.

"Lisa."

"Now you're just being a dick." Dean waited til Missouri went back inside to follow after Liz who pulled away from the curb with a wave goodbye.

"Really? Because you took an interest in Bella just like you did with Ben." Sam told him and Dean shook his head.

"That was because I thought he was mine."

"And you think Bella is too?" This time Sam shook his head. "Wow Dean. I don't know how you do it but you still seem to shock me."

"Cry me a river Samantha." Dean scoffed as parked a house back from where Liz had pulled into. "And Bella? She looks like..." He trailed off. If he told Sam she looked like their mom with brown hair, he'd laugh at him but if he didn't, then Sammy wouldn't let it go. Damn Sammy. "Forget it."

"No. I wanna know who the 2 year old looks like?"

"She looks like-."

"You two shouldn't be here. It's too dangerous." Both jumped when Cass appeared in the back seat.

"How did you find us?" Sam asked.

"I wasn't looking for you."

"What does that mean?" Sam questioned but Cass was looking straight ahead. "Cass?" Dean followed his line of vision and saw Liz moving along the second floor.

"What about her?"

"Elizabeth is an asset we can not afford to lose."

"Why?"

"Because of the secrets she holds, both Michael and Lucifer would kill to get their hands on her."

"What secrets?" But Cass was gone. "Great. Just what we need." Sam said as he shook his head.

"Well we can't leave now." Dean said as he shook his head.
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 11/23/1

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 46

Liz woke up the next day and after her morning routine, went down stairs to start breakfast. Later on today, she was suppose to go food shopping with Missouri and as she looked through the cabinets, she knew she needed it just as badly.

"So much for-." Liz was interrupted by a knocking on her front door. "Who could be here so early?" She looked at the cute cow clock she and Bella had fallen in love with and saw that it was ten in the morning. "Well not that early." She slowly walked towards the door. "Who is it?"

"Hey Liz. It's Sam and Dean. Can we come in for a minute?" Liz's eyes popped.

"Um, wait a second." She ran into the livingroom and started collecting the pictures she had from the other reality; Her and Dean's anniversary picture, Jess and Sam's Valentine's Day picture, and a picture of John and Mary on Christmas. Then she shoved them into an empty cabinet in her built into the wall, wall unit as she heard the bell ring again. "I'm coming." She slid back into the main hall and hit the wall. "Owe." Then she opened the door and smiled up at them. "Hey guys. What are you doing here so early?" She asked, red faced and out of breath. She was even holding her side.

"We um," A blush tinted Sam's face. "We just had a few more questions."

"Oh." Liz took a step back. "Come in. I was just about to start breakfast." She closed the door behind them as they both looked around her house. "Would you like some?"

"Yeah. Sure."

"Okay. Follow me." Liz led them away from the front door, through the diningroom and into the kitchen. "Sit please." She opened the frig and pulled out the last of her pancake batter and bacon. Then she pulled out the butter and her container of fresh fruit. "Pancakes with bacon and fresh fruit will have to do because it's all I have left." She put everything onto the island in the middle of the room. "Sorry."

"That's okay." Dean said with a smirk. "I love bacon."

"Yeah I know." Liz mumbled with an eye roll.

"What was that?"

"Oh um, nothing." She added a little bit of milk to the pancake batter and began mixing. "So what did you wanna ask me?"

She gently poured three spoonfuls of pancake mix into her large frying pan.

"I know this may sound a little weird." Then Dean chuckled sourly. "Actually it's gonna sound very weird but are you a hunter?"

"A hunter?" Liz asked, faking confusion. "As in killing helpless animals for fun hunter?" She knew what he was asking. "No." She just wanted to see how far both he and Sam were willing to go in telling her the truth.

"That's not what we meant." Sam said.

"No? Then what did you mean?" She asked as she put the bacon the cook. Then she pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Do you believe in demons, vampires, ghosts and everything else that goes bump in the night?"

"I um," Liz said as she flipped the pancakes. Wow, talk about a complete 180. "Yeah. I guess you can say that I do. Why?"

"Do you know how to protect yourself from them?" That made her stop. Were they actually gonna tell her the truth?

"What?" She asked as she turned to them, her arms folded in front of her. "Why would I have to protect myself from something that may or may not be real? I mean that would be crazy."

"Really?"

"Really." Liz said turning back to the stove. She quickly took out the three pancakes and added three more.

"So I guess," She could see Dean stand up out of the corner of her eye. "It's perfectly normal for people to pour rock salt along their windows? Huh?"

"That?" Liz slowly turned to see Dean by the window, his arms folded in front of her. "I saw that somewhere."

"Where?" Sam asked standing up.

"In a dream." Both Winchesters looked at each other.

"And the symbol over the door in your bar?" Dean questioned as he folded his arms over his chest. "What about that?"

"An angel-."

"Mama, eat?" All three turned to see Bella standing in the kitchen doorway by the stairs in her pink and white stripped pajamas, rubbing her eyes.

"Oh bunny." Liz walked over to her and gently caressed the side of her face. "Did you brush your teeth?" She asked, bending down in front of her.

"No." Liz shook her head.

"Okay. First teeth and then-." Mattie let out a loud wail and Liz bit back an eye roll. She kind of hoped she'd get some extra time before the kids got up but she was wrong. She stood up and turned to Sam and Dean. "Can you guys please watch the pancakes and bacon while I go and get Mattie?"

Sam nodded as he walked over to the stove. "No problem. You go."

Liz nodded, grabbed Bella and went up the stairs. "Did you use the potty?" She asked as she set Bella down and picked Mattie up from his crib.

"Yes, mama."

"Good." Liz put Mattie on his changing table and changed his diaper. "Now all we have to do is get your teeth brushed and then we can all eat."

"Yay!" Bella yelled as she ran out of Mattie's room and into the bathroom. "Eat. Eat. Eat." Liz laughed as she picked Mattie up and followed after her.

"Here you go bunny." She handed Bella her pink toothbrush with a dot of her pink bubblegum flavored toothpaste. Then she did the same to Mattie's blue toothbrush for his 4 teeth. When Liz took a quick glance at the mirror, she had to do a double take. "Oh God."

She was wearing a yellow tank with batman boxers. No bra and no panites but only because the boxers fit her like underwear. Great. No wonder Sam had a permanent blush and Dean, a permanent smirk.

15 minutes later, Liz carried Mattie down as Bella raced into the kitchen. She made sure to put on a black bra under her shirt and pulled on a pair of batman yoga pants. Comfy with a bit of sexy thrown in.

"What? No batman boxers?" Dean asked as he helped Sam set up the table.

"Sorry but no. And had I known I was still in my pajamas then I won't have let you guys in." She took two pancakes for herself and one for Bella. Then she cut Bella's up and gave it to her. "So um, what are you guys doing in town?"

"We're just...laying low for a while." Sam said with a smile. "We have some down time before we have to be anywhere else."

"Oh?"

"So about this angel who told you about the devil's trap? Do you remember his name?" Sam asked as Dean ate his food.

Liz shook her head. "No. He just...he gave me the symbol in a dream." Lie. Though Castiel had given her the symbol, it wasn't in a dream and he did come to visit her whenever he needed something or whenever he wanted to make sure her and the kids were okay.

"Do you have a lot of dreams like that?" Dean asked between mouthfuls of food.

"Only a few times but nothing recently." Truth. She hadn't gotten a premonition since she moved to Lawrence. When she asked Cass why, he had said it was because she belong here; in this reality with this life in this town.

"In the dream with the rock salt, did you see anything else?" Sam asked looking at her. "Anyone else?"

"Just some people I know...it was weird to see them doing something I know for a fact they've never done."

Both nodded but nothing else was asked.

"Do you think they know?" Liz asked Missouri as they walked into the local piggly wiggly.

"A year ago, I would have said yes but something has happened to those boys. I just don't know what it is. I just can't seem to put my finger on it." She said as she pushed a cart with Mattie in it. "So I think you're in the clear sugar. You and your angel."

"Thank God." Liz said as she followed after her friend, with a cart of her own and Bella in the front. "The last thing I need is for them to think something isn't right here."

"Something isn't right here." Dean said as he paced the length of their motel room.

"Tell me about it." Sam ran his hand over his face. "Do you think she's like me? One of Azazel's kids?"

"I don't know what to think."

"I mean, she is the right age. Maybe she is one of us?"

"One of us? Do you hear yourself?" Dean snapped. "No. She's not like that."

"How do you know, Dean? I mean she saw someone salting lines in her dream. Maybe she has premonitions like I did? Flashes of people's death? Or at the very least hunters protecting themselves?"

"No." Dean stormed out of the room and into the darkened parking lot. Then he pulled out his cell and pressed 4.

"Hello?"

"Cass. I need you to get your ass here. Now!"

"Fine." A swosh of air hit the back of Dean's neck, making him turn around. "What is it?"

"Who is Liz Parker and why does she have dreams about hunters?" Dean demanded.

"Elizabeth was," He cleared his throat. "Is married to a very important hunter. Her life and the lives of her children are of the utmost importance." Cass stood tall in front of Dean. "They are to be protected and watched over. The secrets she holds are...she may very well be the way to change everything."

"I don't understand. I thought her husband was dead."

"He was." Then Cass disappeared.

"What the hell does that mean?" Dean yelled. "Cass?!"
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 11/25/1

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 47

(3 weeks later)

Liz stood in the kitchen doorway and watched as Sam and Bella had a tea party while Dean was teaching Mattie how to walk. It was weird being around both her husband and brother in law without them knowing who she and her children were but she couldn't stay away from them for some reason. Her or her kids.

"Would you look at that?" Missouri said from behind her, scaring Liz in the process. "They actually look happy. Who would have thought?" Liz smirked.

"I certainly didn't." They turned and walked back into the kitchen. "Then again, they were always happy whenever we were together in the other reality. I should have known it would be the same here." Liz said as she sat down at the kitchen table. Missouri smiled and walked over to the stove.

"So you working later tonight?" She asked as she cut up carrots and potatoes for her stew.

"Yeah. In 20 minutes actually but I have a problem, Missouri. A very BIG problem." Liz tuck her growing bangs behind her ear. Her hair was straightened and tied in a ponytail knot that went down her spine. When she had said she was gonna cut it a few days back, Dean had talked her out of it by saying longer hair was sexier than shorter hair. "I don't know if I can turn Ben down again."

"I'm not seeing a problem there sug." Missouri said with a smile. "He's a good looking, single man who isn't focused on everything else."

"Missouri!" Liz whined as she covered her face with her hands. "Normally, it wouldn't be a problem for me either but with..." She gestered with her head towards the livingroom. "Here, it's just making it harder for me to want to date anyone but him. Please tell me what I should do Missouri because I'm lost."

"Sorry sugar but you're on your own here. I can only guide you." Missouri walked over to Liz and patted her on the back. "You can lead a horse to the water but you cannot make him drink."

"Your advise sucks." Liz whined as she slammed her head on the table making both of them laugh.

"Anything I can help you with?" Dean asked making Liz jump. She sat up and turned to him. He was holding Mattie in his arms and both were smiling by the doorway. It was...eerie how similar they were/looked.

"No, thank you." Liz stood up and fixed her top. She was wearing a black see through, poke a dot top with a red corset under it that made her breast like huge and black waist high jeans that looked painted on. "I have to go to work anyways." Her red pumps finished her off.

"Not dressed like that, I hope." Dean stated.

"And who are you?" Missouri asked as she folded her arms over her chest. "Her daddy?"

"Missouri, stop." Liz walked over to Dean and Mattie and kissed their son on the forehead. "Mama loves you sweetheart." Then she looked at Dean. "Thanks for everything."

"No problem." He smiled at her as his free hand rose and pushed her growing bangs behind her ear. The feather like touch of his fingers against her forehead took her breath away. Liz looked down for a second before looking back up at Dean through her lashes.

She knew that if she pushed up on her heels that she would be able to kiss him and by the smile on his face, he knew it too. He was fogging her head up just like in the other reality and she didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad one.

"Ah hem." Missouri cleared her throat, clearing Liz's head from the fog in the process.

"Right." Liz smiled once more at Dean, who just smirked at her, before walking into the livingroom and wrapping her arms around Bella and squeezing her. "I have to go to work bunny but I love you."

"I wuv you too mama." Bella giggled.

"Good." Liz kissed her on the top of her head, stood up and grabbed both her keys and red purse. "Bye Sam."

"Bye Liz."

Sam watched Liz leave and couldn't help but smile. He didn't know when it happened but some time over the last 3 weeks, they had become really good friends. She seemed to take everything about their life easily; the hunting, the credit card freud, the being wanted by both police and the things that go bump in the night. She didn't even freak out on them when they told her about the angels. She just shrugged her shoulders and said that she had seen weirder things.

How is what Sam wanted to know. And what.

"Here Unka Sam." Bella said as she handed him a purple tea cup.

He smiled as he took it and was still a little shocked at how she talked him into playing with her. Sure he had bought the tea set for her but it wasn't so that they could play but for someone who was 2 and a half, she was really smart for her age. She knew when to use her cuteness and when to use her whits. It was a little...wait. Did she just call him-?

"Uncle Sam?" Sam asked and Bella nodded. Shaking his head, Sam smiled at her, sadly. "Bella, I'm not your-." His words died on his lips once their skin made contact. It was like he was being pulled into these visions. Flashes really.

~Sam opened a door and walked into a hospital room. Inside, Liz was laying on a hospital bed and Dean was standing next to her, his back to Sam.

"Hey uncle Sam." Liz said with a smile. "You wanna meet your niece?"

"My niece?" Sam choked out and he could feel a hand touch his shoulder but he didn't turn around. Instead he watched as Dean turned to him with a bundle in his arms.

"Yeah lug head. Your niece." Dean slowly walked over to him and handed him the bundle. "Samuel Winchester, met Isabella Winchester."

When he looked down, a pinched and somewhat pale face was staring back up at him. She blinked a few times before resting her hazel eyes on him and all Sam could do was cry.~

Sam shook his head and he was back in the livingroom at Missouri's and not the hospital. "What was that?"

Bella looked at him and smiled.

~"Oh my God Sam! Come look." Bella's beautiful face dissolved and in its place was Jess'. She was sitting on the floor in the middle of a livingroom. "I think she's trying to walk to me."

When she turned away from him, Sam could see a ten month old Bella sitting in front of Jess. She rocked back and forth until she got on her knees. Then she pushed off the floor and just stood there for a few seconds before she took her first steps. One. Two. Three. Four. Then she stopped and pushed her hair out of her face. Before he could stop himself, Sam yelled happily:

"Holy shit she did it. Dean and Liz aren't going to believe this." Bella looked at him with big round eyes, dropped onto her butt and just started to cry. Jessica pulled her into her arms while Sam dropped to his knees next to them with a smile on his face. "Oh Bella. I'm so sorry."~

"Dude, are you okay?" He heard Dean ask but he couldn't see him. "Sammy?!"

~Sam turned and saw Liz walking towards him. "Hey there buddy. Great party."

"Thanks." Then she smiled. "Now it's time for pictures." She grabbed him and the person next to him and pulled them into the kitchen where a tall blond was taking pictures with both a black camera and a red phone.

"Say cheese mama and papa Winchester." The blond suddenly says and Sam can see his mom and dad kneeling next to Bella. All 3 are smiling and all 3 look...happy. Sam glanced around and saw Minnie Mouse party decorations and a banner that said 'Happy Birthday Bella' with Minne posing on it.

"It's Bella's birthday?"

"Of course babe. Why else would we be here?" Jess says appearing next to him with a smile and he knows she's joking.

"Okay. Sam and Jess. You guys are next." The blond says with a smile and Liz gently pushes them towards a clapping Bella.

"Antie Jess. Unka Sam."~

"Sam! Sam!" Someone was shaking him and it took Sam a minute to realize that that someone was Dean. "Sam, are you okay?"

"Yeah man." He finally manages to say. "I'm good." Sam sat up and realized that he was on the floor. "What happened? Why am I on the floor?"

"That's a great fucking question. One minute you're fine and the next you're laid out. What the hell happened?"

"I don't-." The premonitions flash by his eyes.

"Maybe you guys should talk later?" Missouri suggested and when Sam looked up at her, he saw no shock. No worry. Just understanding.

"Yeah." Sam looked back at Dean. "Let's talk about this later."

"What's to talk about?" Ben asked with a smirk. "Do you or do you not wanna go out with me?"

Liz bit back an eye roll as she wiped down the bar top. "I just...I just don't think we should be talking about this right now."

"Why not?" He glanced around the bar. "Those two guys aren't hanging around here."

"I know but-."

"What's the deal with them anyway?" Liz stopped to look at him. "I mean they just show up and now what? Are they staying for good?"

"I um, I really don't know."

"Okay, so what the hell happened?" Dean asked as they walked into their motel room.

"I don't know how to describe it but some how when I touched Bella, I was pulled into these...visions."

"Visions?" Sam nodded. "What did you see?"

Sam dropped onto his bed and ran his hands over his face. He didn't know if he should tell Dean what he saw. If he told him the truth, the first thing Dean would want to do was leave. Liz and the kids wouldn't be safe especially not with the angels hovering around. But if he didn't and Dean found out from someone else somehow, he'd think Sam kept it from him on purpose.

"I-."

"Just tell me Sam."

"I saw a couple of things." Dean nodded his head from his spot on the chair near the front door. "The first thing I saw was Liz in the hospital."

"Is she going to be okay? What's after her?" Sam shook his head.

"Let me finish. I saw her in the hospital but you were there with her and you were holding something in your arms." Dean sat forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "It was Bella. She had just been born and I had came to see you guys."

"So she is mine?"

Sam nodded. "The next thing I saw was Jess sitting on the floor in front of Bella when she was about ten months old." Sam ran his hand over his face. "You had to see how happy she looked Dean. How beautiful." Sam shook his head. "In the vision, Bella was taking her first steps to Jess but stopped when I yelled." Dean laughed but there was no humor. "The last one I saw was of Bella's first birthday. Mom and dad were there and they were...Dean I think Liz was in an alternate reality where mom never died and our lives were...they were so normal. We grew up in Lawrence with Liz. You and her got together and Jess and I were together but unlike your wish, you and I were close."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I mean-." Sam was interrupted by his phone beeping. "Damn." He pulled it out and looked at it.

"What is it?"

"It's a text from Chuck. It's an address and..." Sam scrolled down but jumped up and started packing his things.

"What the fuck? What happened?" Dean demanded standing up.

"It's a life or death situation."

"Damn it."

20 minutes later both were in the impala and on the road out of town.

"What do we tell Missouri?" Sam asked as they stopped at a stop sign.

"We'll call her from the road. She'll understand." Dean looked both ways and continued to drive.

"What about Liz?" Sam asked after a few minutes of silence.

"What about her?"

"Dean, you just found out that you're her husband. That Bella and Mattie are your kids. You have to let her know you know."

"Why?" Dean demanded angrily. "So that the angels could try and hurt them? Or how about the demons? No. I don't think so. I won't put my family in danger." Then he shook his head. "I won't be the reason they die."

Sam nodded. "Okay."

Liz pulled up in front of the room of the motel Sam and Dean were staying at. Normally, she'd wait til the next day to talk to them but she just had to see them now. She wanted to tell them the truth.

Getting out of the bug, Liz walked over to their door and knocked. "Sam? Dean? It's me Liz. Can I come in?" No answer. "Weird." She turned the knob and the door opened. "Guys?" She stuck her head in and saw that the room was empty. "Their-."

"Gone?" Liz spun around and was face to face with Cass. "Yes. I'm sorry but you and your children need to stay hidden for a little while longer." Though she wanted to say something, all Liz did was nod.

They were gone and she didn't even get to say goodbye.
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 11/27/1

Post by Appleprincess »

A few lines are from "My Bloody Valentine".

Chapter 48

(4 months later)

Liz looked herself over in the mirror and rolled her eyes. Today was Valentine's day and she had a date with Ben. Ben. She hadn't wanted to say yes to him but after waiting 4 months for Sam and Dean to come back, hell to just answer her phone calls, she took the plunge and said yes.

"Don't look so glum sugar. I'm sure Ben is a great guy." Missouri said as she walked in with Mattie on her hip.

"I'm sure he is too but he's not..."

"Dean?" The older woman nodded. "I understand Liz but sometimes you just have to do for you until he realizes what he wants."

Liz turned to Missouri and smiled a sad smile. "Thank you so much for everything."

"No problem." Then she turned and walked back to the door. "Wear the red one with the black heels." Missouri smiled. "You know which ones."

Liz nodded with a smile. "Thank you M."

Dean walked out of Bobby's house and into the front lot where his baby sat. Famine had been right. He was dead inside. That's why it was easy to stay away from Liz and the kids. That's why he didn't take any of her calls or listen to any of her voice messages. He wasn't going to be the reason they got hurt. He wouldn't bring that curse on them.

Raising the bottle of whiskey to his lips, Dean felt his stomach turn as he thought about the look on Sam's face when he killed those demons. The bottle was lowered and his heart was killing him.

"Please..." He said in a broken voice. "I can't..." He could hear how beaten he sounded but he didn't care. "I need some help..." He needed it badly and he wasn't afraid to ask for it anymore. "Please?" For a few minutes, Dean was left alone in complete silence when suddenly his phone rang. Instead of looking at it, he pulled it out of his jeans and picked it up. "Hello?"

"Dean?"

"Liz?" He looked down at the phone and was a little shocked that she called him now. Of all times.

"Yeah. I'm...I'm so sorry for calling you so late and I know this sounds really weird but Bella refused to let me leave without calling you." He could hear Liz laugh softly before handing the phone over. "Here bunny."

"Hello?"

"Hey Bella. Are you..." Dean put the bottle on the hood of the impala and ran his hand over his face. "How is everything?"

"I miss you."

"I um, I miss you too." He put one hand on the roof of the impala and bent over.

"Come home daddy."

"Okay!" Dean could hear Liz pull the phone away from her. "I'm so sorry. She's just been-."

"Is she mine, Liz?" He suddenly asked her. "Are they both mine?"

For a minute, he swore she hung up on him but then he heard her say; "Yeah, she is." She pauses again. "They both are."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked her quietly.

"I was going to but-."

"But what? You couldn't figure out how? You didn't want me to know? What?" Dean yelled, losing his temper in the process. "You didn't like who I was in this reality!"

"Are you insane? I didn't tell you because you left before I could." She told him evenly.

"What?"

"The night you left us, the night you and Sam just disappeared from our lives, I went to your motel room to tell you guys the truth." Pause. "How did you find out anyway?"

"Sam had a vision when he touched Bella. He saw some things from the other reality."

Dean heard her huff and he could see her rolling her eyes in his head. "When?"

"What?"

"When did he see the vision, Dean?"

"The night we left." She laughed but there was no humor in it.

"I have to go." There was a slight pause where Dean could hear Liz taking in a shaking breathe. "You know what? Don't call here and don't come back. I hope you and your brother have a great fucking life. Goodbye." Then the line went dead.

"Fuck!" Dean yelled as he kicked the tire of the car behind him.

Liz kept her back to her kids as she reached for a tissue. He already knew and he still left. He walked away from them. She put her phone down and looked up into the mirror that hung over the table in the hallway. She had added it a few weeks back but not for this. Shaking her head, Liz gently wiped away her tears.

"You okay mama?" Bella asked from behind her.

"Of course I am bunny." Liz blew her nose. "I'm great." The doorbell rang and Liz waved her hand over her face, erasing all evidence of her crying. Then she opened the door and there stood Ben in a nice blue dinner jacket and dark jeans.

"Hey there beautiful." He said as he handed her a single red rose and a box full of chocolates. "Happy Valentine's Day."

"Hey right back and thank you." Liz gently placed them on the table before pulling on her black pea coat. She turned to Bella and Mattie and could see Missouri leaning against the livingroom door frame. "I love you both and thanks again M."

"You ready to go?" Ben asked with a smile.

As ready as I'll ever be, she thought to herself but instead of saying that, she just smiled. "Yeah. Let's go."

The next day, Liz was sitting alone in her kitchen messing with her wedding ring. The date with Ben had been okay but her mind had been somewhere else the whole night and so had her heart. Fucking Dean.

"They need you."

"No." She didn't look up nor did she look away from the ring spinning on the table top. She already knew who was standing in front of her.

"But they need you."

"I don't care, Cass. I don't." Liz stood up and walked over to the kitchen sink. There, she put her coffee cup down and went to walk away but Cass was right in front of her.

"I'm sorry but they need you." His fingers touched her forehead and before she realized what was happening, she was standing in a basement she had never seen before.

"What the-? Where the hell am I?" She took two steps forward but stopped when she heard a gun being cocked.

"Who are you and how did you get in my house?" A man demanded and Liz could not believe her luck.

"My name is Liz and I know this may sound crazy but this dick of an angel zapped me here."

"Liz?" She looked around for the familiar voice and found Sam's eyes through a small opening in a large iron door. "What are you doing here?"

"Sam?" She wanted to go to him but she wasn't stupid. She knew that the man still had the gun pointed at her and while she was worried about her brother in law, she wasn't about to give up her life for his. "That's a good question but I have one for you, what are you doing-."

"Bobby! I'm back."

"Get in here Dean." Liz kept her eyes on Sam while they both waited for whatever was gonna happen next. She should have stayed in bed today. At least then she wouldn't be somewhere with a man she didn't know and two other men she swore never to be around again. "This little thing here says an angel zapped her here and I have a feeling it was Cass."

"Wait." Liz turned to the man but he wasn't even behind her. He was at the top of the stairs and was in a wheelchair no less. But he still had his gun and while she knew she didn't have to be afraid of them, she still kind of was. "How do you know Cass?"

"Liz?" Dean's face appeared at the top of the stairs and he did not look happy. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Freezing my ass off in a stranger's basement while my kids are...oh God. Cass!!!" She yelled as she dropped her hands. "Get your ass down here or so help me God, I will fry you from the inside out!"

"What?" She jumped at his sudden appearance but spun to the arrogant angel.

"My kids you dumbass. You zapped me here and no one is with my kids!"

"Missouri is with them."

"Wait." Liz listened as Dean came trumping down the stairs in his ridiculous work boots and had to bite the inside of her mouth so that she wouldn't yell. "How do you know Cass?"

"Not the time Dean." Liz snapped. "My kids are more important than your stupid questions." Her eyes snap back to Cass. "Send me back to them."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because the Winchesters need your help. And they need your help now." He told her and while she felt her blood boil, she couldn't help but feel as if he had just scolded her. Like a father would do to an undisciplined child.

"What help could I possibly be able to give to them?"

"Wait. How IS she going to help us?" Dean questioned, sounding a little lost.

"Sam." Cass told her, completely ignoring Dean. "Cleanse him."

"How?" Liz demanded through clenched teeth but she had a feeling she already knew the answer.

"Heal him."

"What?" Dean snapped obviously not liking that he didn't know what was going on.

"Fine."

"Wait." But she didn't. Instead Liz walked over to the iron door and opened it. "Liz!" Before Dean could stop her, the door slammed shut in his face. "LIZ!"

"Hey Sam."

"Hey Liz." She couldn't believe what she was seeing. Sam was standing against the farthest wall, shaking. He kind of looked like a drug addict without his fix. "Nice...pajamas." He grounded out.

Liz smiled at him sadly. "I needed a new pair." She wore a pink spaghetti strapped top with a little green alien on it and her pajama shorts were green with pink aliens on them. "Look, I know this is going to sound really weird but I need for you to trust me." She held out her hand but didn't move. Her healing wouldn't work if he didn't trust her and while he looked really strung out, Liz knew Sam. She knew deep down that he trusted her. A few seconds passed before he proved her right and grabbed her hand. "Okay, good. Now in order for this to work, I need to be touching your temples."

Sam gave her a confused look, not understanding what she meant as he shook in front of her. Her poor brother in law. Then he laughed a real Sam laugh that had Liz smiling. "Oh. Sorry."

"It's okay." He kneeled in front of her and Liz let go of his hand. "Don't worry about it." She gently massaged his temples. "Just relax and take a deep breath." Sam took a deep breath and before long, she was pulled into his mind.

Flashes from his life here flew by her eyes and Liz had to bite her lip to stop herself from crying. Everything was so different in this reality. No growing up in the same house all their lives. No loving parents who embarrassed them by being all lovey dovey. No bright futures filled with marriages and babies. No her, no Serena and very little Jess. Just demons, monsters, ghosts and evil angels trying to decided the fate of the world. She just hoped what she was about to do helped them in the long run and didn't hurt them instead.

As she dug deeper, she found what Cass was talking about. The demon blood. She could feel it pumping through his system and it was hurting him. It was like a parasite and it was eating him from the inside out. Slowly, Liz changed the blood from demon to human and didn't stop until there was nothing left but healthy, human blood.

When she let go of him, she could feel her body getting weak. Her whole body was about to shut down but she had to make sure he was okay. Though she was mad at him for leaving, he was still family.

"What did you do to me?" Sam asked her softly.

"I healed you." A big smile spread across her lips as she tapped him on the nose like he use to do to Bella. "All better now." The black spots fill her vision faster than she thought they would and before she knew what was happening, her knees gave out on her.

Sam caught her before she hit the ground and was shocked at how strong he felt. How healthy. No more shakes. No more illusions. He felt like he did before Ruby started giving him the blood. Actually, he felt stronger.

"Liz?" He shook her lightly but nothing happened. She didn't even blink. "Liz?" Her skin was so pale. So clammy. Sickly almost. "Dean! Dean! Get in here now. She won't wake up. Something's wrong." He shook her a little harder but again nothing happened. "Liz, wake up! Liz! Liz! Dean!"
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 11/29/1

Post by Appleprincess »

Hey, sorry for taking so long. My brother has the plug for my computer and refuses to give it back and the extra one I have is slow. Thanks so much for the love. Here's the next part.

Chapter 49

Dean sat in a chair by Liz's side while Sam sat against the wall behind him. It had been a few days since she did what she did to Sam but she still wasn't awake. Neither knew how to help and since Cass refused to listen to any of their calls, Sam and Dean were stuck at a dead end.

"You two should leave." Cass said suddenly appearing on the other side of the room. "Elizabeth is strong. She will get through this."

"No." Dean said slowly. "I won't leave her. Not until I know she's okay."

"Lucifer-."

"Is still gonna be there when she wakes up. If we leave now, Liz might not." Then Dean shook his head. "Where the hell have you been?"

"I've been looking for God."

"Yeah? And how's that been going for you?"

"Dean." Sam said as he slowly got off the floor. Both knew why he was like this and both knew he needed to calm down. They needed Cass on their side. Yelling at him won't help. "We just wanna know what she did to me. We wanna know how she healed me."

"Those answers are for a different time." Cass told him.

Dean shot out of his seat. "What the hell does that mean?" Cass just stared at him. "You know what? I don't give a fuck. I'm not leaving until she wakes up."

"Dean?" A croak came from the bed. All 3 looked down as Liz started to move. "Baby, is that you?"

"Yeah, Liz." Dean sat on the bed with her and held her hand while pushing her hair out of the way. "I'm right here."

Liz turned onto her side and sighed. "I had the craziest dream. I was sent to this other reality where everyone but you, me and Sam were dead and we all had these different-." She started but once her eyes opened, she jumped up. "It wasn't a dream, was it?"

"No." She looked around the room, taking in Sam and Cass before looking back at Dean. "It wasn't."

"What happened?"

"You healed me and then passed out." Sam told her.

"Oh." She ran her hand over her face and through her hair. "I um, can I please get a glass of water please?" Sam nodded before leaving the room. "How long was I out?" Instead of looking at Dean, she turned and looked at Cass.

"3 or 4 days, give or take." Dean said. He was still holding her hand which she noticed when she looked back at him. "You had us freaked out a little."

Liz slowly pulled her hand away from his and let it sit in her lap. "I'm sorry." She took another look around as if expecting someone to come running in. "Where are my kids? I mean, the kids. Where are THE kids?"

Dean nodded his head as he sat back. She was still mad at him for their phone call days ago. "They're still with Missouri. She wanted to bring them here but I told her not to." Liz looked at him. "I um, I didn't want them to see you like that."

"Thank you."

Sam walked into the room with a cup of water and handed it to her. "Here you go."

"Thanks." She took a long drink before letting the cup rest in her lap. "I um, I know you guys have a lot of questions and since it doesn't look like I'm going anywhere, ask away."

Sam and Dean shared a look before turning back to Liz. "Okay." Sam started. "How did you heal me?"

"In order to know how I healed you, I have to start from the beginning." Both nodded. "When I was 16, I was shot in my parents' restaurant but then this amazing thing happened. I was brought back to life."

It had taken her two hours to get everything out but once she did, Liz felt a little better.

"Wow." Sam said. He was sitting next to her on the bed while Dean sat in a chair on the other side. "That is just...amazing."

"I don't know about amazing but it was pretty good for me." Liz said as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"How-?" Dean ran his hand over his face. "What were our parents like? What was our mom like?"

Liz looked at him. "Mary was incredible. She was so full of life and so easy going." Liz looked down at the cup that was now empty. "She was a great mother in law. John." Liz looked up and she knew she had a watery smile on her face. "John was the best. I'd bring him food everyday at the garage and he would brag about how lucky he was to have such a great daughter. And together," Liz wiped away a fallen tear. "Together, your parents were like teenagers in love. They were always touching, kissing, laughing."

"Gross." Sam whined and Liz let out a choked laugh.

"You use to say that in the other reality too."

"How long was I with Jess?" Sam sat forward, his elbows on his knees.

"You met her your second year of college but you guys weren't officially together until thanksgiving. You brought her home to meet the family." Liz told him. "So I think it was about 3 or 4 years before I was shifted back here."

"Did we ever get married?"

"The wedding was suppose to be in September of last year." Liz tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "I was the maid of honor, Dean was the best man and Bella was the flower girl." Then Liz frowned. "Or we would have been had I stayed there."

"So what happens in the other reality?" Dean suddenly asked but he wasn't looking at Liz.

"She was presumed a disappearance." Cass told them. He was standing by the window, just staring out and looking at God knows what. "Her and her daughter."

"No." Liz was shaking her head as she shot off the bed. "Dean wouldn't believe that. No one would. I loved my life. I loved-."

"The aliens fixed it so that it looked like you left your husband."

"What?"

"They couldn't take the chance that anyone found them out after they destroyed the green power rod. So they took your clothes, wrote a note in your handwriting and set up false bus rides so that it looked like you ran away."

"Oh God." Liz ran into the bathroom and closed the door. She couldn't believe it. Her husband thought she ran away. Her whole family thought she didn't love them. How could the aliens do that to her?

Dean shook his head as he stood up from the chair.

"That's just great." He walked over to the door and was about to knock when Sam's voice stopped her.

"Dean. She needs to be alone right now." He stood up and ran his hand over his face. "Hell, I think we all need to be alone right now."

"I just wanna make sure she's okay."

"Fine but I'm gonna go...for a walk." Then Sam was gone.

"I too must be going. Lucifer won't stop until Sam gives into him and neither will Michael. I must find God before either of that happens." In a gust of wind, Cass was gone.

"Great." Dean shook his head again before knocking on the door. "Liz?"

"I just need some time Dean."

"I understand but if you need anything-."

"I know." Dean waited a beat and he heard the water from the shower go on. She needed a bath.

He slowly back away and walked over to the dresser. Missouri had sent a few pairs of her clothes and shoes so that they wouldn't have to buy her anything and she didn't have to use her powers. He quickly wrote her a note letting her know she had clothes and then left his extra towel by the door so it would be easier for her to grab.

When he was done, Dean left the room and went downstairs to the livingroom. There, he saw Bobby sitting in his wheelchair, looking over his books.

"How is she?" He suddenly asked, shocking Dean in the process.

"How would you be?" Dean walked over to the desk.

Bobby sat back and looked at him. "Sam told me." Dean looked at him.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Um," Dean ran his hand over his face. "How much did he tell you?"

"Everything."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What am I suppose to do now Bobby?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I think I'm in love with her Bobby. I think I've been in love with her the moment I saw her in Missouri's kitchen."

"Oh." Bobby rolled over to him. "I wish I had the answers boy but I only had one love and she ain't here." He started wheeling himself to the kitchen.

"But what if she wants to be with me? I'm no good Bobby. She'd had to look over her shoulder everywhere she went. The kids would never be safe and whenever I was gone, she'd have to worry about salting and burning my body if and when I die." Dean shook his head as he wwalked into the kitchen. "I couldn't do that to her. I can't. I won't."

"Maybe you should let me decide that?"
Appleprincess
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Dancing along the reality line (Spn, XO, Mature) 12/4/12

Post by Appleprincess »

Chapter 50

After the shower and a quick brushing of her teeth, Liz opened the bathroom door and took a quick look around. The guys had left, thank God, so she was alone. Now all she needed was...she turned her head and saw a towel hanging on the chair next to the door.

"Thank you to whomever left this behind." She said as she grabbed it and closed the door. "I hope it's clean." Lifting the towel to her nose, Liz took a quick breath in. It was clean but also smelled like Dean. Liz let out a soft sigh.

She could feel that things were getting more complicated between them now. When she had told him not to call or visit them on the phone, she had thought that that would have been the last time she both saw and heard from Dean. But then Cass came and zapped her here. Right to Dean. She shook her head. If she didn't know better, she'd think the fucking angel was up to something but she did know better. If Cass really wanted her and Dean together, he wouldn't do it by throwing them together.

Or would he?

Shaking her head again, Liz wrapped the towel around her body and left the bathroom. She had more important things to worry about than what Cass was up to. Like what she was going to wear.

Her pajamas were in a ball on the floor in the bathroom but she wasn't going to wear them again. Four days of sweat and body odor were caked into her new pajamas. They needed to be tossed, not worn again. And she couldn't use her powers because she was still a little tired. Her muscles weren't all working and if she used her powers now, she may blow this place up. Though this place didn't look like much, it was somebody's house.

Taking a look around the room, Liz noticed a note on the dresser. She walked over and picked it up.

~Dear Liz,

I know you need some time to yourself or whatever but Missouri sent you a few pairs of clothes and some shoes. The clothes are in the duffle under the bed and the shoes are in there too. Sorry for everything.

Dean.~

Liz bit her lower lip. What was he trying to do to her?

Going to the bed, Liz bent down and pulled out the duffle. She put it on the bed and opened it. Inside, just like Dean said, was a few pairs of her clothes. Her favorite pair of clothes. Liz shook her head. Maybe Cass and Missouri were working together?

About 20 minutes later, Liz was dressed in white blouse, a blue vest, black leather leggings and her cute blue platform pumps that buckled around her ankles. Missouri had also packed away some mousse, her makeup kit, the bracelet Mary had given her and the matching necklace Missouri bought for her birthday.

Taking her wedding ring off, Liz quickly did her hair in a messy bed head kind of way and put on her make up. When she was done, she put her jewelry back on and had just pulled out the purse Missouri had packed when there was a knocking on the door.

"Hey Liz, it's Sam. Can I come in?"

"Yeah. Of course." She watched as the door opened and smiled at her once best friend. "Hey, how are you?"

Sam laughed as he put his hands in his pockets. "Shouldn't I be asking you that question?" Liz shrugged.

"Yeah I guess but you have that look on your face."

"What look?"

"That sad, my-world-is-coming-to-an-end-look." He gave her a funny look. "I've only seen it a few times but I know what it looks like." When his left eyebrow rose in confusion, Liz smiled. "The first time I saw that look on your face was when you got a scratch on the impala back in high school. You swore Dean was gonna kill you and he would have had Mary not calm him down. The second time was when you and Serena broke up." Liz bit her lower lip as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "You swore you'd never fall in love again after her. And the third time was when Jess' parents told you that they didn't like you." When Sam gave her another funny look, Liz shrugged her shoulders. "They said you had no real ambitions until you told them you were becoming a lawyer. So yeah, I kind of know the look."

"Especially when you know a person as well as you know me and Dean?" Liz nodded. "Sorry. It's still a little weird knowing you know so much about us."

"Understandable. So what's up?" She asked as she put her extra stuff away.

"What did you do to me?"

"I healed you."

"I know...but how?" Liz sat on the bed facing Sam.

"Basically, I changed the demon blood back into human blood."

Sam sat in front of her. "But how?"

"In all it's glory, demon blood is just human blood with a parasitic element to it. I just burned the parasitic part while changing the rest to human blood."

"Is that why I still feel strong?"

Liz nodded. "Yeah. The demon blood made you strong but it was also eating at both your cells and muscles. That's why you were going through withdrawals."

"Wow. Thanks."

"It wasn't that big of a deal but you welcome."

Sam led Liz down the stairs and towards the kitchen for lunch when they heard Dean's voice.

~"I mean, I think I'm in love with her Bobby. I think I've been in love with her the moment I saw her in Missouri's kitchen."~

"Wow." Sam said with a soft laugh, his hand on Liz's shoulder stopping her so that they could listen in.

"What?"

"I never thought I'd hear Dean say those words."

~"Oh." Bobby rolled over to him. "I wish I had the answers boy but I only had one love and she ain't here." He started wheeling himself to the kitchen.~

"What words?"

"Him thinking he's in love."

"Oh." Liz turned back and bit back a smile. So Dean had never really been in love in this life? Did that mean Cassie never existed here or was she just another one night stand?

~"But what if she wants to be with me? I'm no good Bobby. She'd have to look over her shoulder everywhere she went. The kids would never be safe and whenever I was gone, she'd have to worry about salting and burning my body if and when I die." Dean shook his head as he walked into the kitchen. "I couldn't do that to her. I can't. I won't."~

"Maybe you should let me decide that?" Liz suddenly said and when Dean looked at her, she felt a way of Dejà vù wash over her.

"Hey." He greeted, his arms folded in front of him while he leaned his hip against the counter. "You're dressed."

"Yeah." Sam said with a smirk. "She is." He dropped his hand from her shoulder and walked over to Bobby who was by the frig. "She's also hungry. Isn't that right, sis?"

Liz smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah I am." She looked at Dean. "But can me talk first?"

"Of course." He walked over to her, grabbed her hand and led her outside. They walked for a few minutes until he stopped next to the impala. "So..." He slowly let go of her hand. "What did you wanna talk about?"

"I wanna go home." Dean nodded.

"I kind of figured you would seeing how the kids are there and all." He rubbed his hands together before putting them in his coat pockets. "That's it?"

"No." Liz tucked her hair behind her ear. "Look, I'm sorry about what I said the last time we talked on the phone. I was being childish and a little selfish. I just...sorry."

Dean nodded. "It's okay. I understand."

"I don't," Liz bit back her anger. "I don't think you do. In the other reality, family was very important to you. I mean you refused to go away to college because you knew your parents would need you."

"Family means everything to me here Liz. Everything."

"Then why did you leave when you found out? Why didn't you answer any of my calls? Why didn't you come back?" Liz ran her hand through her hair. "You know what? It doesn't matter. I'm gonna go. I um, I have two kids who need me and I can't...I can't do this right now." She walked passed him only to be stopped by his hand on her arm.

"Liz?"

"What?"

She turned to him and was shocked when his lips were on her own. Soft and full, just like she remembered them. Liz pushed herself closer and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Their bodies fit together perfect, his hard frame against her soft planes. When they pulled apart, Dean smiled down at her red cheeks.

"I've been wanting to do that since I first met you."

Liz smirked. "That all?" Dean kissed her again but it was faster than the first one.

"No but I wanna do this right."

"I like that."

"I'm sure you do." He kissed her again but made sure to take his time exploring her mouth.

Cass stood a few feet away from the couple just watching them as they got to know each other in this life. When Missouri had first told him about Liz, he hadn't thought much about her. She was just a slip of a girl with one child and another on the way but then he saw her potential.

Elizabeth may just be everything they needed to win this war against Lucifer.