Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Nine(END) 4/29

All finished stories from the Unconventional Couples board, the Crossover board, and the Alien Abyss boards will eventually be moved here. See those forums for descriptions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, Erina, Forum Moderators

MelissaD
Addicted Roswellian

Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Nine(END) 4/29

Post by MelissaD »

Title: Drifter Playlist

Disclaimer: Don’t own it. No profit, just fun. Roswell belongs to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB and UPN. Supernatural belongs to Eric Kripke and the CW. And the music belongs to the amazing musicians!

Category: XO with Supernatural
Pairings: Dean/Liz
Rating: Mature

Summary: Two strangers meet in the night, trysts, secrets, dangerous territory. The only way to keep their lover safe is to keep them secret but how long can they keep their secret safe?

All three seasons of Roswell, Supernatural up to season four.

Author’s note: This story came together while on a road trip listening to shuffle mode with 500 songs. The story started at part one and continued as the songs played. I took it as a challenge to see it written out. This story is extremely short compared to my first still in progress and for those reading Angels, this story will have no effect on posting time or anything! No worries! This is an eight part story mainly Dean POV with a few parts Liz POV. This is mainly written out and will be updated once a week. :)

PART ONE. The Start of something good.
"Start Of Something Good"
Daughtry

You never know when you're gonna meet someone
And your whole wide world in a moment comes undone
You're just walking around and suddenly
Everything that you thought that you knew about love is gone

You find out it's all been wrong
And all my scars don't seem to matter anymore
Cause they led me here to you

I know that its gonna take some time
I've got to admit that the thought has crossed my mind
This might end up like it should
And I'm gonna say what I need to say
And hope to God that it don't scare you away
Don't wanna be misunderstood
But I'm starting to believe that this could be the start of something good

Everyone knows life has its ups and downs
One day you're on top of the world and one day you're the clown

Well I've been both enough to know
That you don't wanna get in the way when its working out
The way that it is right now
You see my heart I wear it on my sleeve
Cause I just can't hide it anymore

I know that it's gonna take some time
But I'm starting to believe that this could be the start

Cause I don't know where it's going
There's a part of me that loves not knowing
Just don't let it end before we begin

You never know when you're gonna meet someone
And your whole wide world in a moment comes undone

I know that its gonna take some time
But I'm starting to believe
Oh I'm starting to believe that this could be the start of something good

There wasn't much that made that bar different from any other. The neon lights outside the door that brought people in like moths to the flame. The usual smells of beer and fried food permeated the air and of course the smell of smoke, both old and new depending on how close you sat to the natural wood in the walls. It wasn't until he took a seat in the middle of the maze of tables that he caught the smell of something sexy and wild yet sweet that went along perfectly with the innocence of the face that passed by. An innocence that had no place there.

It wasn't as if the bar saw many hardcore criminal types, it was a small town after all, but the face still didn't seem to belong. He had glanced around but didn’t see a group that screamed college students so what the hell was she doing there? Long raven hair with that innocent face and a fit little body that she definitely knew how to dress to show off just enough to keep you wanting to know more.

He couldn't remember how he ended up at the pool table or how exactly he ended up playing her but he did remember the fact that she hustled him out of his night's winnings. He also remembered that he had ended up in her bed that night and they did everything but sleep. The innocence remained in her face the next morning but he also knew why the sexy and wild smell of her perfume fit her personality perfectly. A small secret that she let him be privy to.

Liz Parker. Roswell, New Mexico. That was the only real thing he knew about her. They made an agreement that night of no specifics yet they talked for hours about everything yet nothing. It was one hell of a night. She was one to remember. One he couldn't forget.

How long ago had that been? Six months maybe? Why was he thinking about that anyway? He took a swig from his bottle and caught the flash of dark hair again. Right. Their waitress had a slightly similar appearance but didn’t quite measure up. No sexy innocence, no musk that suited her small body perfectly and intoxicated him to no end. He wouldn’t say she wasn’t good looking but she couldn’t compete with the memory that was pulling at him.

"Dean, are you listening to me?" Sam's voice cut through his memories.

Dean threw a glance his way from the corner of his eye. "Of course I am. I'm just waiting for the part where you say I found a way to kill it."

"What the hell do you think about when you just phase out like that? Or are you just staring at anything with boobs?"

"Hey! Have some class. They're called breasts and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being appreciative." Dean smiled, "it wouldn't hurt to get a little action every now and then, Sam. Help even you out."

Sam rolled his eyes and continued looking between the information he had on his laptop and the book that sat next to it while Dean's eyes went back to the sights and sounds of the bar.

The waitress brought their food to their booth and dean gave her a smirk, "thanks. Sorry for my brother here, he gets shy around beautiful women."

The waitress smiled shyly and glanced at Sam. The dark hair was almost a match but the eyes were all wrong, these eyes were almost gray. It was an odd pairing. Was she blushing? Dean smiled wider, oh yea she'd be perfect for Sam. He took a bite out of the burger in front of him as she walked away telling them to holler if they needed anything.

"You’re incredible."

He knew Sam was giving him his patented bitch face but he didn't mind. His burger was seven flavors of heaven. "You’re welcome Sammy."

"Sometimes I wonder how we could possibly be related."

It was then that he was hit with a familiar aroma. His eyes looked around not quite sure what he was looking for at first but then he spotted her walking not too far from the booth with a short haired blonde with a few streaks of color in her hair. He blinked his eyes, not believing the fact that they were in the same bar nowhere near what he thought was her hometown let alone bumping into the same girl within the same year. He never bumped into the same woman twice unless she was a hunter.

Could Liz be? No. No way she’s a hunter. She did have a few scars that they didn't trade stories on but a hunter? He glanced at Sam who calmly picked at his plate of rabbit food showing no sign of noticing his pause. Dean continued eating as he tracked her through the bar. Liz and her friend sat at a table after pulling a neighboring one up to it. After a few moments their waitress brought over a pitcher of beer, a small tower of glasses, and two small glasses filled with a dark liquid that they knocked back right away. Who was she meeting?

He finished his burger and polished off most of the fries then noticed two guys and another woman had joined them. They looked more like her type of crowd than the punk rock princess with her but he still wondered what had her in the area? And why had she been in Roswell six months ago? For once he actually wished he'd gotten more information about her but they made that stupid agreement that at the time he was perfectly okay with.

"Dean? Did you hear me? What the hell are you staring at?" Sam followed his eye line to the group of people at a table not too far from their booth.

"What?" Dean looked at Sam.

"I’ve been talking to the wall.” He shook his head as he finished packing up his laptop, “are you ready to go?"

"Go? The night just started."

"Yea when normal people go to sleep."

As Dean stood with Sam he saw her moving towards the farthest pool table. "What did you do in college? How did you even meet people? Come on let's go play some pool."

Sam watched him, "so I can watch you pick up a girl? Yea, no thanks. I've seen that enough times."

Dean clapped him on the back, "you need some fun in your life Sammy."

Sam raised his eyebrow, "I have enough fun, Dean. I'm tired."

Dean started for the pool tables, "your loss."

Sam watched where he was heading and noticed the girl from the table he had been staring at. He shook his head and left the bar, thankful that the motel was just a block away.

Dean walked confidently to the back table, coming up behind her as she looked at pool sticks on the wall. "Pretending you don't know what you’re looking for again? You really know how to look the part." Dean smiled as she slowly turned to face him, a small smile playing on her lips.

"I'll be damned, Winchester. What a small world." She looked down and her eyes slowly climbed his body.

"Are you stalking me? I don't think I've ever run into a girl twice in six months."

She quirked an eyebrow, "it's been a year, at least. What are you doing here anyway?"

He watched her closely. Had it really been a year? She kept popping into his mind and it had already been a year? Well, he had been distracted by the whole hell bound thing and then trying to break the deal. It could have been a year or more than a year really with his time in the pit. "I guess it was a year. My brother and I have a case nearby, just doing some research. What are you doing here?"

She gave him that sly smile, "playing pool, obviously."

"You really want to play me? I know your tricks." He smiled as he leaned in closer.

She waited as he brought his face to hers, his lips so close. "Not all my tricks, Mullet Rock." She turned and grabbed two sticks off the wall, throwing one to him. "Two out of three? Or will you give up after one?"

The challenge was there as he caught the stick, one in her eyes and a completely different one in her body language. His smile reached his eyes as he watched her move around the table. This was going to be one long, awesome night.
Last edited by MelissaD on Sun May 05, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 10 times in total.
When Drifters Collide.
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Khalil Gibran

My pen to paper.
MelissaD
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Two 3/12/13

Post by MelissaD »

Thanks for the amazing feedback already!! :)
HypnotiqBlueEyes
pandas2001
ZansLove
Queen Fee
AvalonRose

PART TWO. Spell it out
"Spell It Out"
Gavin DeGraw

With my eyes wide open
And with words unspoken
I still understand

And I'm reading your mind
Using every outline
You're drawing in my hand

Ooo, feel your fingers
Ooo, I'm in way too deep

To wake up
Step out
Cause I'm really getting used to being in this dream
You know what I mean I
Can't find
Any reason I would ever wanna turn back now
Once you spelled it out

Oh, when I first met you
There were things I'd been through
That I would never tell

But it was almost as if
You already knew my language
Cause you'd been there yourself

Ooo, I'm still falling
Ooo, don't make me return

And wake up
Step out
You know what I mean I
Can't find
Once you spelled it out

I know it's not an accident
I can feel it crashing in
And I'm not pushing back

Come on, we can leave the world behind
Close the curtains, shut out the light
Just state the good
Don't let me go
Don't tell me I should

Wake up
Step out
You know what I mean I
Can't find
Once you spelled it out

Once you spelled it out
Once you spelled it out

The room was dark except for the small amount of light spilling through the window highlighting a splash of dark hair across a bare muscular chest. Her ear lay flush against the skin above his heart, hearing and feeling its steady beat. The one sound that made her both happy and terrified at the same time. The feel of his fingers playing against her skin awakening things inside her that she thought she would never experience again. But this man, who by pure happenstance kept appearing in her life and never let her walk away without the touch of his lips, was pulling her deeper into something she knew she couldn't afford. She was sure he couldn't either.

Their secrets still remained their own, both knowing the other was involved in something dangerous that they wouldn't allow their lover to fall into, yet they kept meeting. They were stealing moments for themselves amid a war going on for both on different levels. The looks they always parted with were heartbreaking but neither broke their silent agreement. Their trysts were theirs alone and nothing could interfere but when the time came, they had to go their separate ways.

They'd spend their time getting reacquainted, sometimes acknowledging new scars but never asking for reasons or stories. Liz never asked why all the scars she'd seen during their first interlude were completely gone, his body almost completely clear except for a seared handprint near his shoulder. Her first thought was alien but she knew the handprints that aliens leave aren’t burned into the skin, at least she’d never encountered that ability. She knew he saw the question in her eyes when she touched it the first time but neither said a word. That almost seemed to be the origin of that very rule. No questions. No reason to waste their time on things that happened outside their room.

Like the phone call she received not too long ago from him barely able to speak. She knew he was in a hospital, she heard the beeping of monitors and a doctor being paged but he didn't say much. He just needed to hear her voice. She could almost hear 'just one more time' at the end of his shaky sentence and it terrified her. Between the tone of his voice and the words that he did say, she was frantic. All she could think about as she held the phone in a death grip against her ear with tears springing to her eyes was the fact that she wasn't allowed to ask questions but she was terrified she wouldn't see him again. She had traced the call and drove for two days but by the time she got there he was gone. Another secret to keep, another question she couldn't ask. The thumping of his heart strong beneath her ear calmed her own racing heartbeat. She forced herself to think about something else before things got worse.

Knowing their time was usually short but trying not to count down from the moment they met, they'd talk of whatever came to mind to distract them. They'd talk of home, a place that once brought comfort and safety but where they were simply naive. In the darkness they'd whisper about dreams that neither thought would ever be a possibility in this life. Dreams of a house, a home to call their own, somewhere they could always come back to, knowing the other would be there. But they both knew all their quiet whispers would always be just that, hushed murmurs in the dark, secret fantasies in their shared haven. At least until their wars were over, if they ever got that lucky.

"Liz.." His voice broke the silence. "We could just leave. Hit the road and never come back."

Her soft giggle warmed his chest. "How many times have you said that?"

"What if I mean it this time?"

She knew fairly well that he did mean it. She knew he was in that hospital with extensive damage. She looked up his file and he had been beaten to a pulp. He had a very close call just like she had recently with Max and a bullet. A single bullet that came way too close. With Max gone they'd be severely outgunned because her healing skills were way too minor, they were nothing compared to his and her first aid skills didn't fill the gap. Not even close. And Ava would be a mess, things would fall apart faster than they could regroup. She tried not to think about it and her mind turned back to all the fractured facial bones that were detailed in Dean's file, all the contusions in the tissue surrounding his trachea. He was lucky his trachea wasn't crushed in whatever fight caused his injuries but she didn't notice any evidence of them when she first saw him and wondered once again if he somehow had his own healer.

She sighed trying to shake her wandering thoughts, "you wouldn't leave your brother any more than I could leave my family." Her head rose and fell with his chest and she felt his muscles tense in frustration. "Nothing has changed dean. We.. can't and you know why. We're still a secret that.. almost no one knows."

His hand ran through her hair, "almost?"

She leaned up looking him in the eye with a small smile, "like you haven't told Sam where you sneak off to?"

His hand smoothed across her cheek down to her chin, his thumb brushing over her bottom lip. "He recognized you last time in the bar and put two and two together. We had a fight and he brought it up. I told him that we've been meeting for months, not that it was any of his business. He’s been running off having his own little secret meetings."

She noticed his extra information but didn’t acknowledge it. "I told Maria and Ava when they cornered me about sneaking off. They wouldn't let me leave without telling them. They actually remembered you from that first meeting in September. Well, their first time meeting you."

The smirk pulled at the corner of his mouth, "you think all this is forgettable?" Her chuckle bounced around in the darkness as dean pulled her down to his lips.

"Let's just enjoy the time we have and forget the outside world while we can. Okay?" Liz whispered against his lips.

Their gaze spoke volumes, both knowing that neither wanted to do it but they had no choice. The moment stretched until dean finally spoke, "do you ever stop talking?"

Her first punch caught him off guard but her second was caught easily with one hand while the other attacked her most ticklish spot. Her melodic laughter filled the room as he flipped her underneath him attacking her sides with nimble fingers until she couldn't breathe. His smile slowly faded as he lowered himself to her. She took in as much air as she could as she watched him curiously. "There's only you Liz. No one else." He kissed her softly.

Her hands played with the hair at the nape of his neck. "I know. Until we walk out that door but for now, I'm all yours."

His gaze touched on every small nuance of her face, knowing the feeling that resided below her facade. Knowing how much she wished it could be different and how much they had stacked against them for it ever becoming more than this. “They disappear.. the nightmares, when you’re here. When I’m with you, it’s the only time I can actually get real sleep. When we do sleep.”

She touched his face gently, “I know. Mine too. I’d say we’re better together but we both know that’s a lie. The only way to keep each other safe is ignorance. As long as our enemies don’t know about the other, there’s no way they can use us against each other. We both have enough to deal with on our own. If we crashed our two worlds together.. it would only be that much more dangerous. We’d never be able to stop running.”

He watched her carefully hearing her words and yet he felt like he almost heard her mind battle against the very argument coming from her mouth. It sounded crazy and had to be his own thoughts that wanted to scream the opposite but he knew in a way she was right. He wanted to say that they were stronger together but then he thought about his side. Angels or demons, either one could want to use her as a way to get to him. He didn’t even know what exactly was after her and her friends but he did know the FBI was a part of it. He didn’t care about them coming after him, half his life was spent running from the law but her getting involved in his fight could kill her. He just wouldn’t take that chance with her, in his world having someone only had one ending and it was ugly. It was the only thing keeping him from arguing with her and forcing her to stay by his side. She was safer with her fight and staying out of his.

A small smile graced her face, "kiss me."

"You don't have to ask me twice."
Last edited by MelissaD on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Drifters Collide.
"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Khalil Gibran

My pen to paper.
MelissaD
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Three 3/18/

Post by MelissaD »

HypnotiqBlueEyes: definitely some kind of drama.. really it'd be boring without it. :lol:
ZansLove: hmmm.. yea both of those things.
ZansLove wrote:who doesn't love a little of that?!?!)
Exactly! :D
AvalonRose: Your wondering about that outcome might come sooner than you think. :wink:

PART THREE. Belief.
"Belief"
Gavin DeGraw

Belief
Makes things real
Makes things feel
Feel alright
Belief
Makes things true
Things like you
You and I
Tonight, you arrested my mind
When you came to my defense
With a knife
In the shape of your mouth
In the form of your body
With the wrath of a god
Oh, you stood by me
Belief
Builds from scratch
Doesn't have to relax
It doesn't need space
Long live the queen and I'll be the king
In the collar of grace
With a knife
In the form of your body
With the wrath of a god
Oh, you stood by me
Belief
I'm going to yell it from the rooftops
I'll wear a sign on my chest
That's the least I can do
With a knife
In the form of your body
With the wrath of a god
Oh, you stood by me
With a knife
In the form of your body
With the wrath of a god
Oh, you stood by me
And I'll stand by my
Belief

Liz pulled up next to Dean’s impala and jumped out of her black 2006 Chevy Camaro with a smile she couldn't wipe away. She entered the hotel where the GPS in Dean's phone said he stopped. At first glance she had to recheck the address and the impala because the hotel was way too nice compared to the motels he complained about staying in. She asked the man at the front desk about guys checking in, giving the brothers description and with a little flirting she got a room number for a man that matched Sam's description along with a Bon Jovi related alias. An alias that you'd have to really know a thing or two about the band to actually catch because the guy wasn't really considered a member of the band and for two guys who never shied away from blatantly obvious rock references, it seemed odd. Especially for the very predictable Sam Winchester.

She got a bad feeling but shoved it down, shaking her head. She just had a little left over edginess from her recent brush with the FBI, a brush that they came out on top for once. Sam probably just needed a new ID. She brushed it off and said a quiet thank you to whoever was giving her the best luck recently. Still running on a high from finally taking out the special unit, she had wanted to surprise Dean as soon as possible because celebrating just wouldn't be the same without him.

She walked through the hallway watching the room numbers as she passed, trying her best to keep from running like a school girl. She turned a corner and slammed into a dark haired woman. "Watch it!" The woman spat out as she pushed Liz to the side and continued on her path.

Liz hit the wall and grabbed her head, sliding down as events flashed in front of her eyes. She tried to breathe through it as the images started to slow and release their vice like grip on her brain. Her vision started to clear as she looked around the hallway, collecting her bearings then she heard a loud crash followed by smashing glass. She stood using the wall to help steady her shaky legs and moved as quickly as she could to the door. She turned the knob and pushed but the door didn't budge. A small burst of energy through her hand and the door moved forward.

She stepped inside the room and almost tripped over the two men on the floor. She saw Dean on his back amid shattered glass with Sam on top of him, his hands tightly squeezing Dean’s neck. The look on Sam’s face terrified her. "SAM! What the hell is wrong with you?!"

Sam let go of his brother's neck and looked up at Liz. Shame crossed his face for a second before it was replaced by anger. "Of course you would send for your girl Friday to meet you here."

Dean sucked in air through his now open airway as he glanced towards Liz. If his body wasn’t so desperate for oxygen, his own shock would have registered on his face.

Liz slammed the door behind her as frantic thoughts screamed for attention. "Sam you don't know what you’re doing. Stop being such a self-centered asshole and look at what you’re doing! Your brother's right, Ruby's.."

Sam stood and pushed her away from the door with one hand then ripped the door open with the other. "Who are you?! You don't know me and he doesn't either! You don't even know what's going on! That's the one thing he HAS told me about you!" He looked back at Dean challenging him to say differently.

Liz yelled back, “Sam this isn’t you! Please just look at yourself!”

Sam looked at her, his face twitching. “And how would you know?”

She reached for his hand but he yanked it away, “because I’ve seen you through your brother’s eyes.. and this.” She waved around the room and stopped over Dean, “this is not you Sam.”

Sam looked down at his brother lying on the ground, blood running from his nose and a gash above his eyebrow. “I can’t bring my demon bitch but you can bring yours huh?”

Dean’s gaze moved up to his brother’s angry face as Liz kneeled next to him brushing glass away from his head. "If you walk out that door.."

Liz put her hand over his mouth stopping him from finishing his sentence with a subtle shake of her head, her brow scrunched together in worry. She looked up at Sam, "please Sam. Rethink this. We need to do something different because what you’re.."

Sam interrupted her, "we? There is no we!" He moved out of the room slamming the door behind him while Liz sat there wishing she wasn't so drained. Wishing she could place a shield in front of the door so he couldn't leave and he'd have to listen to what she had say. Force him to stay in this room so she had time to clearly tell him what she saw, so she had time to clearly understand what was going to unfold in the coming hours. Would he even believe her? He didn't know about her as a person let alone her abilities. But without him listening how could she stop him from helping Ruby release Lucifer?

Dean watched her as she stared at the door, a pained expression on her face. "Liz, there's nothing you could have done. He's too far gone."

Liz's eyes slid to his as she placed her hand on his forehead trying to heal the small gash but without much energy left, she barely closed the skin. "You don’t understand, she's got him so twisted up he doesn't know. Dean he's going to release Lucifer unless we stop him."

Dean's brow scrunched together as he tried to take in what she was saying. "What?"

She pushed the heel of her hand against her forehead hoping that it would clear up some of the confusion buzzing in her mind. "Ruby told him how to kill Lilith but unless we stop him.. He's going to give the demons exactly what they want. He’s going to free Lucifer. I just can’t see it all clearly.. the how.."

Dean’s eyes widened as he realized the words coming from her mouth were things she wasn’t supposed to know and yet she just spilled secrets even he didn’t know. He remembered her speaking of an ability that helped her family, she called it a premonition. It was a lot like Sammy’s psychic kid thing.

The door suddenly opened and Liz's head snapped up to see Max filling the doorway.

Max stared down at the two on the floor. "What the hell is this?!"

Dean looked at the new comer, "who the hell are you?"

Liz's face turned hard, "what are you doing here? Did you follow me?” She tried to see around him, “where’s Ava?" Liz stood up tall hiding how weak she actually felt. Dean rolled to the side trying to get up but having a hard time with his head swimming.

Max stepped into the room, "we were supposed to meet at the halfway point but I saw you go in the opposite direction so of course I followed you! We're not out of the woods yet, you can't be going off by yourself for what? A booty call?"

"Damn it Max! Who the hell do you think you are?! We destroyed the special unit’s system. We got their top agents arrested by the highest of higher ups! And I'm allowed to do whatever I damn well please!"

Dean finally stood and saw Max grab Liz's arm pulling her towards the doorway. He didn't know where the sudden burst of energy came from but in a flash he grabbed the offending appendage that held Liz's arm and swung his other fist directly into the other man’s nose both forcing his hand to release Liz and knocking him backward into the hallway. "Don't even think about touching her ever again! Leave now or the next shot I take will not be with my fist."

Liz stood next to Dean, crossing her arms over her chest staring hard at Max. "You heard the man."

Max held his nose, his gaze flicking back and forth between the two in front of him. He knew he could take the man even without his powers with how beat up he already was but Liz.. he couldn’t hurt her. What happened here? He finally noticed how trashed the place was and Liz didn’t have a scratch on her. Was she fighting him? She was drained he could tell that much, that explained why it took so long to find her. His gaze fell on her angry features, “are you okay? I could barely feel you.”

Liz let out a frustrated breath, “really? No I’m not okay because you followed me when you have no right..”

Dean interrupted her, “I don’t know who you are but I can easily take a guess and say your majesty isn’t needed here so go find a damn follower that gives a shit.” Dean grabbed the door and slammed it shut then stumbled backwards.

Liz caught him and walked him to the bed where he sat heavily. She eyed his nose and the now tiny cut above his eyebrow. “What happened?”

He shook his head as his hand came up to cut on his forehead. “What happened? How are you here?”

Liz put her hand on his pulling it gently away, “the GPS in your phone. I wanted to see you.. to celebrate.”

He looked at the small sad smile on her face, “I tried to kill Ruby. Sam stopped me obviously and we fought. I said some things I know I shouldn’t have but.. how could he think that’s okay? The things he’s doing..”

“It’s like he’s a demon?”

His face twitched and he dragged his hand down his face as if he could hide the emotion that passed over it. “Why wouldn’t he listen?”

Liz cupped his face, “Ruby’s got him so twisted he thinks what he’s doing is right.” Her brow furrowed and she looked down, “they’re going to a hospital.. for a demon that’s close to Lilith.” Her eyes came back up to his, “we can find out which one and stop him.”

He looked at her closely, “how do you..”

Her gaze quickly moved away, “I ah.. met Ruby in the hallway. Let’s just say she was really.. informative.”

Dean caught her meaning and shook his head, “I can barely breathe and we have no idea how many hospitals there are around us right now. If it’s even a hospital around us. Who knows how long until your psychic vision thing becomes clear. You said it doesn't always straighten out right away.”

She nodded slowly, “we have time though.. he’s still Sam. I’ll get something and we can intervene.. we have to. Together we can do this.”

His eyes came back to her, “what?”

“I’m a part of this now and whether you want to believe it or not, I’m fighting with you.”

His face turned hard as he shook his head. “No. Things are way too.. No. It’s the worst time for you to get involved. There’s too much going on right now, things have spiraled..”

She raised her eyebrow and interrupted, “I’m a part of this now Dean.”

His gaze met hers again and she could see the struggle and fear. “No. No Liz. I’m done. Screw him, he wants to go screw crap up. Good.”

She watched him closely, “do you trust me?”

He pulled back and looked at her cautiously, “you’re one of the few I still trust but what does that have..”

She leaned in, “do you believe in me?”

“What are you getting at? You know I believe you..”

“Dean..”

He watched her closely trying to read her but all he could see was how tired she was and her determination simmering just below the surface. He sighed, “Liz I love you. There’s nothing that I wouldn’t do for you but this..”

Her fingers pressed against his lips, “you can stop right there.” Her lips replaced her fingers and she kissed him softly. He winced. “Sorry.” A small smile played at the corner of her mouth as she dabbed at the blood with the end of her sleeve.

His eyes fell to her mouth, ignoring the pain in his nose he pulled her back to his lips kissing her deeply. When he pulled away, he watched her eyes flutter open. “I believe in you. You sleep and I’ll drive.”

Her forehead scrunched together, “where are we going?”

Dean looked again at the mess in the room, “besides away from this mess?” His eyes came back to her, “Bobby’s.”

As he stood and walked her to the door, Max's words came back to him. "What did he mean by he could barely feel you?" He opened the door and she walked through.

"Oh it's an alien thing." She waved it off so he wouldn't be worried that something happened between them.

He followed her out into the hallway, "I'm sorry what?"

Her eyes popped wide as she snapped her head towards him, "umm so those psychic abilities that I told you that just appeared one day.."

Dean glanced around then lowered his voice, "okay maybe we need to talk before you get some sleep."
When Drifters Collide.

My pen to paper.
MelissaD
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Four 3/24/1

Post by MelissaD »

HypnotiqBlueEyes: Unfortunately because of how short this story is the timeline jumps forward by a couple months between the first five chapters and then the last three are a lot closer. In this story at the point dean found out it was just adding another supernatural being to the book. He knew he was in love with her so she could have told him she was anything at that point and he wouldn't be able to fight it.

ZansLove:
ZansLove wrote: I kinda have a love/hate thing going on with those boys' relationship.
I am completely with you on this!! Thank you! I try my best even though at points it seems uncharacteristic for him to even have anyone but when its someone with the skill set to keep up.. it's the best possible option. lol

AvalonRose: Yup. A lot of time in between the first five chapters. This chapter has the same.. we're catching up on the past through Dean's scattered thoughts hopefully it's not too hard to follow.

Apparently my phone was crushing hard on Gavin DeGraw.. three songs in a row.

PART FOUR. Where You Are.
"Where You Are"
Gavin DeGraw

Well everybody hurts,
That’s where we’re all the same
We drive on through the worst
And push on through the pain

I’m standing at your door
It’s been a million miles
I’ll be the first to say
I can’t take anymore

And that I wanna be where you are
I feel the same as I did from the start
Whoa, I wanna be where you are
And I’m willing to get there

There won’t be any hearts breaking again
This is the part where I stay where I stand
Oh, I wanna be where you are
Tell me you’re with me so far

So let this be the chance
The only one that counts
Your love will be my last
Until my life runs out

Until then I won’t rest
Till then I will not stop
Until I hear the words
All I need is a 'yes'

I am amazed
And I’m clutching to each word you say
If only the space
Forgetting every mistake
That I made

I’m beginning to change
Cause I feel all my fears slip away
And each look at you
Is a moment I choose to embrace

Dean drove through the night as he thought about where to go next. He flirted with the idea of going to her but he was afraid she would turn him away. He wouldn’t blame her after what he did but if he was honest with himself, he hadn't stopped thinking about her since he told her she had to go. He couldn’t forget the look on her face after he said that she couldn't stay with him, not when they had angels on their ass. On his specifically.

Liz walking into that hotel room with Sam just after Bobby had taken control from a demon and stabbed himself instead of Dean was the last thing he had needed. He was thankful that she wasn't by his side when Zachariah made his appearance, sneaking away with Sam after they got to the hospital with Bobby had been his best move. He had felt bad about leaving her there at the time but that had quickly changed when they found Zachariah waiting for them at the storage unit.

His hands gripped the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white as his thoughts drifted further back. Bobby must have gotten jumped by the demon before he had a chance to tell him he had told Liz where they were and that she was on the way, if he had even planned to tell him at all. All that Bobby did was fill him in on everything that happened after the Angels beamed him up to their special holding room. After he had disappeared without a trace from Bobby’s house, she had stayed and researched with Bobby. They had tried to figure out what was going on while everything that she had seen from Ruby happened. Sam released Lucifer on the world without a single clue and they couldn't do a damn thing to change it.

Bobby had been out on a food run when he got the call from Sam about where they were. Dean had told him to tell her that he was just going on a hunt or whatever would get her to stay there. Bobby obviously didn’t agree, he had said Dean was stronger with her. He should have known right then. Bobby liked Liz. He wouldn't lie to her when he believed she could help him, he believed she was everything Dean needed and deserved. He barely knew her and yet he seemed to look at her like the daughter he never had. He should have known Bobby would tell her where to find them or at least left her clues.

His anxiety spiked when he thought of how differently things could have played out had the demon possessed Liz instead of Bobby. He tried not to think of the what ifs but his mind automatically jumped to yet another and his fear of what the bastard angel would have done to her if she had come with them to the storage unit was immeasurable. He knew he never would have been able to hold out. He’d like to think he could have but the wrenching feeling in his gut when he thought of what could've happened had she been there when Zachariah was torturing them just for him to say yes to their stupid plan to kill Lucifer. He knew he wouldn't have lasted. Hell, half the time they were there he was terrified he’d hear her name come from Zachariah’s mouth with some insane proposal. He threw out Bobby’s name saying he could save him from the stab wound, the very reason he was in the hospital. The hospital he left Liz at.

Somehow he had a little bit of luck left that night with Cas showing up just in time to save their asses and Zachariah didn’t know about her. If he did he would have used her without hesitation or maybe that’s just what he kept telling himself. After Cas carved a sigil on their ribs to keep them hidden from angels, demons, and Lucifer, Dean had a cold feeling that he was running out of luck or maybe he was just scared that Zachariah would eventually find out about her. So he had begged Cas to hide Liz as well.

If he was honest with himself, she was the only thing he had left. He had a good idea that Bobby had seen that in the hospital that night, Sam would have too had he not been too preoccupied with trying to make up for all his wrongs. Releasing Lucifer onto the world was a pretty ridiculous wrong to try to make up for in his opinion. But Liz, she was the only thing that made him feel like it was all still worth fighting for, was worth beating heaven and hell. She was the best thing he’d ever had and he ran, just like always, because he was terrified and his only thought was to keep her safe. There was no safe near him so really it was his only choice. He doubted she’d see it that way though.

It had been two months since he told her to leave. Sixty days since he told her she couldn't stay with him even though she fought him tooth and nail to help. She had already been pissed that he didn’t call her and tell her where they were, that she had to hear from Bobby. When they got back to the hospital, she had been furious, just a step below straight up hostile that they left her there not even knowing if Bobby would be okay. He had to admit she was extremely hot with all that hostility but at the time he hadn’t seen it because his only thought was getting her away from him, getting her to safety. She didn’t understand his fear of Zachariah knowing about her, she couldn't understand. How could she? She had only met Cas, angels were still good in her eyes.

After Cas put the sigil on her ribs to hide her from heaven’s big bag full of dicks and everything below, Dean had kissed her. It was the last thing he did before Cas disappeared with her, taking her to her car as they had agreed in the impala on the way back to the hospital. He had begged Cas to come with them so she wouldn’t be dragged into all this, to keep her off Zachariah’s radar. Cas had agreed but called him Judas. He guess that fit because she was just another person he let down and she was the most important.

Hours flew by as his muddled thoughts went round and round in circles then Dean found himself pulling over in front of a small light blue house with a black Camaro in the driveway. He had found the address by the GPS in her phone that he hoped she hadn’t changed because she wanted him to find her. He looked at the house for a few moments and couldn’t help the soft chuckle at the sight of two small alien statues on either side of the door. He climbed out of the impala and moved slowly towards the door, each step making it harder to breathe while his mind was screaming for him to run the other way. But he couldn't stay away from her. He couldn't fight it anymore. It had been too long and he would rather face her anger than spend more time away from her. He’d let her scream and beat the shit out of him just to see her and hear her voice. He wasn’t quite sure what that made him but he didn’t care, she was worth it.

His hand reached up to knock but before he could make contact, it swung open. Her smiling face in front of him once again. He waited for the smile to drop, for the yelling to start with maybe a few punches thrown in for good measure. He deserved it and he knew it, accepted it but she just stood there staring at him. Soft smile and warm eyes.

His uncertainty must have been written all over his face because quiet laughter flowed from her and his confusion deepened. Her small hand reached towards his face and he flinched. Her soft chuckle reaching his ears as her hand brushed his cheek. His eyes met hers and he saw no disappointment, no hatred. Just love. Something he hadn't seen since the last time he saw her. She was too good for him but he already knew that.

"It's about time." Her hand fell to his and she pulled him through the door into a room with dark furnishings against light wood floors, cream colored walls and two big windows that filled the room with light. The contrast was nice, it reminded him of her.

"How's Bobby?"

"He's still in a wheelchair but he's talking again. Sorta.” She let go of his hand as he walked further into what he suspected was her living room. “You finally got your house." His hand ran over the top of the couch as he headed for the red brick fireplace on the furthest wall.

"You mean our house?"

Her words seeped into his mind as he stood transfixed in front of the fireplace by a picture on the mantel just above it. A picture of them in front of a pool table. "How.. did you get this?"

Her voice moved closer with every word she spoke ending as a soft whisper directly behind him. "Maria took it. The second time we played pool, the second time you randomly walked into my life but not the first time you made a lasting impression."

He felt her hand press gently against the middle of his back. As if her touch alone made everything okay, he finally let out the breath that had been held hostage in his lungs ever since he saw the picture of them together. A picture of them smiling. He turned slowly towards her and her hands smoothed around his waist, her face pressed against his chest. His arms wrapped around her, pulling her tighter against him as he kissed the top of her head. "I'm not sorry that I sent you away. I couldn't let them hurt you."

Her head nodded against his chest. "I know Dean. I know. You’re here now so what does that mean?"

"They're still coming for me but Cas is looking for someone he thinks could end it all and Sam's gone. He went off on his own."

"You didn't stop him?" He was silent and Liz pulled away slightly to look up at his face as if she could pull the answers from him without a word. "You’re still mad."

"I'm not mad. I'm tired. I can't watch his back and concentrate on everything else."

She raised her eyebrows, "that's what you've done your entire life."

"Yea and I'm tired. So I let him go when he wanted to. He asked and I'm not bossing him around." He walked over to the couch and dropped himself heavily, sinking into the soft cushion. It was nice like everything seemed to be with her. His hands dragged down his face as the exhaustion pulled at him.

Liz sat next to him curling her legs underneath her, "do you want something to drink?"

He turned his head to look at her, "were you going somewhere?"

She shook her head, "no."

"Then where were you going?"

"I wasn't going anywhere. I heard the impala and came to the door. For you."

His hand grabbed hers softly, "you’re too good for me." He stopped her with a shake of his head when he saw her going to interrupt. "I know it, you know it, everyone knows it but I'm not giving you up. I know I should because everything I touch.. it doesn’t last but I just can't let you go. I don't know what's going to happen.. and I still won't let you go with me." At her look he amended, "on every case. I can't push you away anymore but I still need you to be as safe as possible. Which means you can't always.."

Her free hand covered his mouth quickly, "are you done yet?"

He kissed her hand, "okay I'm done."

A small smirk curved the corner of her mouth, "you think you're so mysterious but you're really just predictable. Very predictable."

He chuckled, "okay if I'm so predictable, you got any coffee?" She just watched him quietly and he gave her a weak smile. "See I didn't even ask for a beer."

Liz stood slowly, rolling her eyes. "Oh yea, you asked for your second go to drink, how spontaneous of you." She leaned down and kissed him quickly then turned and walked out of the room.

His eyes followed her lazily. "Spontaneous.. You're spontaneous." His eyelids started to fall as his body relaxed into the soft cushions.

When Liz walked back into the room with a steaming cup of coffee she found him asleep sitting upright with his head back and leaning to the side. She placed the coffee on the side table and pushed his shoulders gently to the side and down to the seat cushion. She pulled his legs up onto the couch and then covered him with the throw she had underneath the side table. She ran her hand softly through his hair, "I'm glad you came home, no matter how short the stay."
When Drifters Collide.

My pen to paper.
MelissaD
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Five 3/31

Post by MelissaD »

HypnotiqBlueEyes: I agree.. although times are getting tough.
Adian: No worries.. we still have some drama ahead before this story comes to an end! :wink:
AvalonRose: Liz Parker. You can't live with her but you can't live without her. :lol:

PART FIVE. You're All I Need.

"All I Need"
Mat Kearney

Here it comes it's all blowing in tonight
I woke up this morning to a blood red sky
They're burning on the bridge turning off the lights
We're on the run I can see it in your eyes
If nothing is safe then I don't understand
You call me your boy but I'm trying to be the man
One more day and it's all slipping with the sand
You touch my lips and grab the back of my hand
The back of my hand

Guess we both know we're in over our heads
We got nowhere to go and no home that's left
The water is rising on a river turning red
It all might be OK or we might be dead
If everything we've got is slipping away
I meant what I said when I said until my dying day
I'm holding on to you, holding on to me
Maybe it's all gone black but you're all I see
You're all I see

The walls are shaking, I hear them sound the alarm
Glass is breaking so don't let go of my arm
Grab your bags and a picture of where we met
All that we'll leave behind and all that's left
If everything we've got is blowing away
We've got a rock and a rock till our dying day
I'm holding on to you, holding on to me
Maybe it's all we got but it's all I need
You're all I need

And if all we've got, is what no one can break,
I know I love you, if that's all we can take,
the tears are coming down, they're mixing with the rain,
I know I love you, if that's all we can take.

A pool is running for miles on the concrete ground
We're eight feet deep and the rain is still coming down
The TV's playing it all out of town
We're grabbing at the fray for something that won't drown

Dean sped along the road coming to a screeching halt in front of their small house. He jumped from the car and ran across the lawn to the front door. He pushed it open as he turned the knob screaming her name. He ran into the house looking in each room as he continued to call her name.

“Dean?” He heard her voice from their bedroom and ran the final steps to the doorway. She sat in bed, one hand rubbing her eye while the other was hidden under the sheet. He couldn’t see it but knew she had her gun in her hand. “What is it? What happened?”

He ran to the closet pulling out her emergency bag that she always kept packed on the top shelf. “We need to go. Grab whatever you need from the house fast, we need to leave in five minutes tops.” He dropped her bag on the bed and grabbed her backpack from underneath and placed it next to the bag.

She jumped out of bed and pulled open her dresser drawers, grabbing her favorite jeans then fumbled for a shirt while pulling up her jeans. “What’s going on?”

He looked at her seriously, “angels. What else?” Her look urged him on as she came back to the bed picking up the gun she left under the sheet. “Cas tipped us off that Zachariah found out about you and he’ll use you however he feels necessary. Cas said he’d try his best to lead him away but it won’t take him long to track you down, I don’t care how careful we’ve been. We need to stay on the move and keep them off our trail. It’s the only hope we’ve got.” He picked up the backpack and held it out to her.

His meaning fully sunk in as she tucked the gun into the small holster she had created in her waistband. She nodded and took the bag from his outstretched hand then turned grabbing her favorite hoodie off the hook on the bathroom door and ran out of the room. Dean threw the strap of her bag over his shoulder and took a final look around the room, his eyes falling on all the personal touches that proved to anyone who knew him that he belonged here. Not that the list was very long he thought as he finally turned and left the room. He made his way down the hallway hearing her running around the house then caught a glimpse of her streaking across the hallway into the living room.

He stepped into the living room as he heard a crash of thunder. He moved to the front window and noticed the darkness in the early morning sky. A thunderstorm? That seemed a little too tame to be Zachariah. He glanced to Liz, seeing her grab the picture of them from the fireplace mantel and shove it into her backpack. “Ready?”

Liz zipped the back pack as she moved to him reaching for his outstretched hand, “yeah.”

Just then strong winds slammed into the house shattering the glass from the front windows and blowing the shards into the room. Liz grabbed Dean’s hand as the scream of the siren from the middle of town sounded. They moved quickly to the door and out onto the lawn. The sight of the huge tornado knocked the air out of her causing them to stumble. “That’s impossible..”

“Angels don’t play by the rules when they want something.” Dean pulled her to the car, ripped open his door and pushed her in. She slid across the seat as he got in and revved the car to life then hit the gas.

Liz turned around looking through the back window as they sped away from their small home. She watched in awe and fear as the tornado swallowed the street inching its way to their house and then in seconds it was completely engulfed in the twisting winds. Liz felt the moisture roll down her heated face as she heard the hail hammering the car.

“It’s okay Liz, it’s going to be okay.”

She slowly turned back around in her seat. “I know. I know.” She moved over so that she was pressed against him and rested her hand on his thigh. “As long as we have each other, the rest is just possessions. Where’s Sam?”

Dean grabbed her hand not bothering to look behind them as they sped away from whatever was happening back where she had made a home for him, for them. “He’s with Bobby. We’re going to meet them. I told them I had to get you first. Things are getting bad Liz, really bad. Zachariah’s getting desperate, we’re getting really close to the end and we haven’t found a way to kill Lucifer. Cas went MIA and we haven’t heard from him until he popped in and warned us about you then disappeared again. We just need to keep moving and maybe..”

Liz squeezed his hand, “maybe we can win?”

His brow furrowed, “I don’t know. I really don’t know. We’ve got nothing right now. No way to fix any of this except for the Angel’s plan and that’s not going to happen.”

Liz nodded. She did feel the loss, their loss but she also felt hope. Maybe it was faith, faith in him, in Sam, in herself. They could do this as long as they stuck together and kept their heads straight. She survived the impossible before, she could do it again. “I’ve heard worse. We just keep moving and we keep looking for a way.. there has to be another solution. There’s always.. well something this big, there has to be a backup plan.”

Dean brought her hand to his lips, pressing a kiss to the soft, smooth skin. He wanted to tell her everything could be fixed, that they would find a way to make everything better but the truth was ugly and he couldn’t bear to say it when she was so damn optimistic. They had been searching for months for another way and had come up short but maybe with Sam and her together. He had to have hope for her. Hope that he could at least get her life back.

She smiled at him, “as long as we’re together Dean, it’s all going to be fine. Even if it’s on the run, I don’t care.”

He smiled at her and caught a glance of the rearview mirror, seeing the smoke rising from whatever was left of the town that used to be their home, just something else that Zachariah destroyed. The one thing he could promise was that angel was going to die before he could lay a hand on Liz, before he could take anything else away from her.

After a few hours of driving, Dean pulled off the highway into a town. Liz woke up as the car started to slow. Rubbing her eyes she sat up in the seat, “where are we?”

“Just getting some gas, are you hungry? Do you want to run in and get us something to eat?” Liz looked at the gas station mini mart and tried to hide her small frown. He laughed softly, “there’s a small café next door.” He pointed to the little mom and pop diner next to the station.

She smiled, “you want some food or just pie?”

He grinned, “pie is food.”

She shook her head as she reached into her backpack for her stash of money. Dean climbed out of the car to fill up the impala as Liz jumped out and jogged over to the café. She walked in to find the only patrons sitting at the countertop watching the lone television. She remembered her father saying he didn’t like a TV in the restaurant because it made things impersonal, people just phased out and didn’t connect. She understood what he really meant as she walked to the counter unnoticed by the patrons and the staff that all seemed to be mesmerized by whatever was playing.

She leaned on the counter then heard her town’s name. She looked up and realized just what had everyone so interested. The sudden destruction of a small town only hours from their own, a freak tornado that came out of nowhere without any warning, most residents were suspected dead. Liz felt her heart constrict as images of smoking ash, low burning fires and a bunch of tangled webs of trees but at closer inspection as the camera zoomed in, it wasn’t just trees but pieces of people’s homes, belongings, even cars intertwined with branches. Aerial shots showed what was left of people’s lives, just scattered in and around the path of destruction. The remnants of what used to be such a beautiful small town now leveled just because an angel found out about her. Her small gasp must have been louder than she thought because the red haired woman behind the counter turned and finally noticed her.

“Isn’t it just so sad? They had no warning at all.”

Liz nodded and swallowed hard trying to get herself together. “Sorry.. that’s just.. those images..”

She shook her head. “Awful.. I know. What is it you need honey?”

Liz asked for two hamburgers with fries and two slices of pie then without being able to control herself, she looked back to the TV that continued to show the devastation that was left of the town. She noticed the remnants of a small house that looked like any other that had flashed across the screen except for the small statue of an alien that was shoved head first in the ground of the front lawn. She knew that the statue had probably been picked up in the winds and thrown into another yard and she knew it was just a house but she couldn’t help the sadness that welled inside her slowly choking her. She felt hands rest on her hips and the warmth of his chest press against her back. She took a deep breath and leaned her head back against him as he looked up at the TV.

He kissed the side of her neck and whispered in her ear, “you’re all I need. You’re my home Liz.”

The woman appeared in front of them with their to-go bag in her hand, “aren’t you two the cutest thing? You be safe now, you hear? These are crazy times, keep each other close and hold on to that love.” She smiled at them as she handed the bag to Dean and Liz held out the money. The woman shook her head, “no darlin’, it’s on the house today. You two go and enjoy each other.” She chuckled at their looks, “go on! I share my blessings and you two look like you could use one today.”

Liz smiled, “could I at least tip you?”

The woman smiled warmly, “I get my tips from the Lord honey, you save your money for something useful.”

Liz looked at Dean and they walked out of the diner. Dean glanced behind them as they walked to the car, “that wasn’t weird.”

Liz furrowed her brow, “you don’t think there was something else going on there, do you?”

Dean opened the door for her, “I don’t know but let’s just say I haven’t had the best luck with Christian soldiers.” At her look he continued, “had a street preacher give my location to Zachariah once. I just hope she’s not on his radar or whatever he did before.”

Liz got in and waited for Dean to get in the driver’s seat, “maybe she just noticed how I reacted to the newscast.” She glanced back at the diner, “but let’s get on the road just in case.”

Dean smiled, “sounds good to me. I can eat on the road.”

He started the car and she smiled as she looked into the bag. She got a good feeling from the woman, something calming and soothing. She looked at Dean and squeezed his thigh. He glanced at her. “We’re going to be fine. I just feel it. We’re smart enough to beat this, together.”

He smirked, “you got the pie right?”

Liz laughed.
When Drifters Collide.

My pen to paper.
MelissaD
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Six 4/6

Post by MelissaD »

barbara87413: The house and town was a very deliberate hit.
AvalonRose: You're right where Liz is with the innocent lives.
HypnotiqBlueEyes: Waitress, odd behavior.. more to it.. hmm that won't be the last time that type of thing happens.:wink: Your P.S. is pretty close to on the ball.. although the tortured may not be who you think.

PART SIX. Iridescent Through Your Eyes.
“Iridescent”
Gavin Mikhail cover

You were standing in the wake of devastation
And you were waiting on the edge of the unknown
And with the cataclysm raining down
Insides crying, Save me now
You were there, impossibly alone

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go

And in a burst of light that blinded every angel
As if the sky had blown the heavens into stars
You felt the gravity of tempered grace
Falling into empty space
No one there to catch you in their arms

And let it go. Let it go

And let it go. Let it go

Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go

And let it go. Let it go
Dean ran to Liz as Zachariah let her fall, catching her just before she hit the ground. He vaguely heard everything around them turn to chaos, the sounds of grunts, clashing metal, people shouting out names, his and Liz’s being among them. He didn’t move or change his focus. He didn’t care about anything but the woman lying in his arms, deep crimson pooling around her, around him. He pulled her to his chest. “Liz. Please hang on. Cas can fix it. He can fix you.”

Her head fell back as she struggled to breathe. Her eyes met his, her face cringing from the pain. “You can’t Dean. You can’t give into him.”

He saw the drop of water hit her lips and realized it had come from him. “No. Don’t talk. You’re going to be fine.” He looked up to find Castiel but there was too much going on around him and he couldn’t clearly see who was who in the choas. “CAS!” He called out but her hand touching his cheek brought his head back down to her.

“Listen to me.. I don’t have much time.” He felt the pain that sliced through her chest like a searing hot blade with each breath. He found himself holding her tighter as his heart pounded against his own ribcage. His panic skyrocketing as he felt her slowly fading away. “You do whatever you need to do to end this. You do it your way, you hear me?”

“We’ll do it together like we said. You’re going to make it out of here. I will not let you go.”

Her smile was heartbreaking. A smile that he remembered seeing so many times when she was merely humoring him. One he remembered so fondly because it always looked so cute on her and it always made him feel at home. It was a smile that only someone that knew him completely could give. He clenched his eyes closed trying to stop the tears that ran down his face, tears that fell and mixed with her blood. The sight that was killing him just as the wound the crimson ink was seeping from was killing her. A wound made by her own knife, a wound caused by Zachariah’s hand.

“DEAN!”

He heard his name from multiple voices but he couldn’t look up. He couldn’t look away from her. He needed her to know that this was not her final hour, that they would figure something out. She was not going to die by the hand of a douchebag angel pushing his own agenda. He couldn’t lose her, not now. After everything they’d been through. If he had known when Liz wanted to fight with their own plan, if only he knew it would backfire so badly before any of them had a chance to react. Before Zachariah appeared behind her, shoving her own knife wielding hand so far into her stomach it pierced through her back. If only he had known, he would have taken her away from Sam and Bobby and gone in a completely different direction. He would’ve been fine running his entire life as long as it was with her. As long as it meant she was alive.

Her quiet voice shook him to his core, “you can do this dean. Let me go and finish it. For Sam, Bobby..”

“Liz..” His voice was barely recognizable. It was the voice of a hopeless man, no almost hopeless. His hope was slowly fading with her. She was lying in his arms, her spirit still kicking just to make him better, to keep him fighting but he felt like he was dying right along with her. Maybe it would be better.

“For me dean.” Her hand tightened slightly on his cheek. He could tell she was trying to pull him closer but she didn’t have the strength.

He leaned in pressing his forehead against hers, “this wasn’t supposed to happen. You weren’t supposed to get hurt.”

She pressed her lips to his and his arms tightened, holding her against him as he poured all his love into the soft lips melded against his own. A flash burst against his eyelids and he felt a strong pulling sensation in his head. A picture bloomed, a picture of him leaning over a pool table a smirk in place as he lined up a shot. Then pictures played like videos coming quicker with each memory that came alive behind his closed eyes. So many moments of them together, memories of hers that seem to mix with his own giving him a view from both sides. Each one filled with emotions that felt so strong he thought they must have been his own but something he will learn over the next few hours was only some of those emotions were in fact his. The flashes slowed then stopped with the image of his face in anguish, tears filling his eyes but there was something he didn’t recognize, something he never saw when he looked at himself in the mirror. One word echoed in his mind, her soft voice like a caress, “Love”. He smelled the wild sexy musk with a hint of sweet, it filled his senses. It surrounded him and he opened his eyes slowly with a question on his lips that died the second his eyes touched her face.

His heart stopped. He yelled her name yet his ears didn’t hear a sound. He crushed her lifeless body to him as he screamed for Cas. He felt a hand on his shoulder but didn’t move. There was nothing left. Sam’s face slowly moved in front of him, the look there did nothing to alleviate the hopelessness tearing him apart. He felt hands on his shoulder again, this time pulling him backward and he saw Sam trying to lift Liz from his arms. He pulled her against his chest shooting Sam a look as he snapped, “don’t.”

Sam’s face was filled with pity as an apology fell from his lips, “dean, we don’t have much time. We need to go.”

Dean stood with her firmly in his arms. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed Bobby stop next to him before the man’s hand touched his shoulder blade but he couldn’t bring himself to look at him.

“Come on. Let’s get her somewhere we can give her a proper burial.” Bobby’s voice was soft and a little scratchy. Dean heard the loss so clearly and briefly wondered if Bobby was feeling the loss of Liz or reminded of the loss of his own wife. Maybe it was both.

Dean’s eyes fell to her face as he followed them out of the old warehouse. He couldn’t believe that this was the end for her. This wasn’t how her story was supposed to end. All because of him. Before he could even begin to hate himself her voice echoed in his memory, the last word that she had left with him. Love. It was true. Not only for what he couldn’t recognize on his own face but what she was to him, love. Something he never really cared for because he knew it would never work for a hunter, at least never work for long. It always ended badly and he was obviously no different. He told her that he couldn’t take the chance with her and she threw it back in his face saying it was only an excuse they both gave because they were just afraid. It was true but he also knew it would end like this and one of them would be left with the other’s body. Somehow she had gotten him to forget about it, to pretend that the dream could work for them. But like every good dream, you eventually woke to a cold hard reality. At least he was the one left carrying that burden, he didn’t want that for her even if it meant her own life. He could never put her through this.

He didn’t know how he got in the car, had no memory of driving to the middle of nowhere as her body lay still in his arms. The car was parked and Bobby and Sam were once again watching him with their sad expressions and worried glances. He got out of the car and looked around, “why are we here?”

Bobby looked at him like he might break at any moment and he wasn’t completely sure he wouldn’t. “To give her a hunter’s burial.”

Dean’s eyes shot to Sam’s and then back to Bobby’s, “no I can’t. There has to be something..”

Sam laid a hand gently on his shoulder. “Cas said he wouldn’t be able to do anything, not with Zachariah hanging over her to use against you.”

Dean’s eyes widened as he understood. Bobby’s voice was gentle, “Cas used the Angel Banishing sigil to get rid of all the angels because he knew Zachariah would use her against you. The one thing that Liz told us she didn’t want. She made us swear not to let it happen, not to give you the option.”

Dean looked down at Liz, a memory from so long ago stirring in his mind. “You and me.. we are each other’s Achilles heel whether we like it or not. Together or not we will always be the one person our enemies will use against us. That is something that I will not allow to happen.”

His eyes came back up to Sam’s gaze. “Okay.” He saw the concern in Sam’s eyes, the worry so close to the surface. He wanted to look away but something about it seemed familiar, something that pulled at him. Sam’s shirt slowly started to change color and his voice came muffled, almost from a distance. “I’ve never seen him the way he is with you and I’ve been watching him my entire life.”

Her soft voice shocked and confused him because it sounded as if it was coming from him, “that’s why you need to make sure.. If things don’t go the way we plan..” He felt his head look down and saw her small hands. “You need to make sure he doesn’t act irrationally. I don’t want to be the thing that Zachariah uses to force Dean..”

Sam’s voice interrupted her, “don’t worry I will but Liz..” He felt a hand lift his chin and saw Sam’s face again, “this is going to work, we’re going to end all of this.”

“DEAN!” He heard Sam’s voice but the mouth in front of him wasn’t moving. “DEAN!” Sam’s voice seemed closer and it wasn't muffled then the face in front of him changed. The concern was harsher and more worried than confident. Dean shook his head and the dreamlike quality that had surrounded him was gone. His brother was grasping his shoulders and had probably shaken him out of whatever just pulled him away. Once again he stood in the harsh light of day, Sam’s panic clear on his face.

Dean tried to bring his focus back and gave his brother a single nod trying to convey that he was fine when it was the furthest thing from the truth. Sam gave him those puppy dog eyes and Bobby gave him a strong squeeze on the shoulder before they both moved off into the clearing.

He stood still with Liz in his arms as Sam and Bobby quickly put together a pyre. He wondered briefly if he was going crazy, seeing things happen in front of him that were either his imagination running wild or memories that were not his own. Once everything was ready Sam walked to Dean and gently took her from his arms. Dean watched as Sam placed her gently on the bed made of wood and brush. Where the hell did they get a sheet? Sam pulled the side of the sheet up and over her, tucking it under her on the other side. Bobby lit the book of matches and threw it down on the line of lighter fluid wrapping around the entire structure. Dean turned away as he took a deep breath trying to keep himself from grabbing her off the pyre and running. His gaze fell on the two cars next to the road for a few moments and then he turned back to Liz. The flames grew higher as they watched and as the heat hit his face, so did an idea. A plan coming together quickly, a plan of revenge forming as the flames licked at the wood, a plan that would set everything right.

He took a few steps backward slowly, waiting for the quick worried glances from Bobby and Sam. He waited a few more moments then moved slowly again making sure Bobby and Sam didn’t notice him disappearing. Once he felt he had enough space between them, he turned and ran for the Impala. His shirt was noticeably stiff from her dried blood and fueling him onward without turning back. Turning the key left in the ignition and hitting the gas, he drove away from the flames burning too brightly in the rearview mirror. “I’ll finish it Liz. I’ll finish it. I’ll do it my way and give you back the life you deserved.”
When Drifters Collide.

My pen to paper.
MelissaD
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Seven 4/12

Post by MelissaD »

barbara87413: :lol: We're talking about Dean Winchester here..
HypnotiqBlueEyes: Okay maybe I am staying way too close to his character on this one.. :lol:
AvalonRose: The only plan the Winchesters know..

PART SEVEN. I'm Always Running Up That Hill.
“Running Up That Hill”
PLACEBO cover

It doesn't hurt me
You want to feel how it feels
You want to know, know that it doesn't hurt me
You want to hear about the deal I'm making
You...
You and me

And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
And I'd get him to swap our places
Be running up that road
Be running up that hill
Be running up that building

If I only could oh...

You don't want to hurt me
But see how deep the bullet lies
Unaware I'm tearing you asunder
Oh there is thunder in our hearts, baby
Is there so much hate for the ones we love
Tell me we both matter don't we
You...
You and me
You and me, you won't be unhappy

And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
Be running up that road
Be running up that hill
Be running up that building

If I only could oh...

Come on baby, come on darling
Let me steal this moment from you now
Come on angel, come on, come on darling
Let's exchange the experience,
Oh...

And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
Be running up that road
Be running up that hill
No problems...

And if I only could
I'd make a deal with God
Be running up that road
Be running up that hill
No problems...

If I only could, be running up that hill
Dean drove aimlessly through the streets until he reached a freeway. He didn’t care what interstate it was just anything that would get him away from Sam and Bobby the fastest and hopefully the farthest. He needed space. He needed time. He needed to get the nightmarish scene to stop playing over and over like a movie in his head.

They all had stood so foolishly confident around the warehouse as they called him down, thinking they could take a stand on their own turf with the information Sam and Liz had discovered. Zachariah had appeared directly behind Liz and pulled her back against his chest, taunting him that little Lizzie Parker was the reason he kept running. Dean’s face turned hard watching Zachariah hold her to his chest while his left hand caressed the skin around her collarbone. At that moment he had regretted ever thinking this could possibly work but she had been so damn confident about the Enochian symbols she found and carved into the holy oil soaked blade. The blade that was gripped firmly in her right hand but with Zachariah’s right hand wrapped tightly around her delicate wrist even if he didn’t have his angel mojo she wouldn’t be able to move it.

Liz’s eyes bore into his almost as if she knew what was coming, her face completely calm but there was something else shining in her eyes. She was trying to tell him something but he couldn’t understand, his eyes dropped to the blade and then moved back to her gaze, she almost imperceptibly nodded her head as a silent tear fell down her face. The fear that spiked through him at the sight chilled him to the bone, he didn’t know what exactly she was trying to tell him but he had a vague idea. It had after all been his one major fear all along. His eyes grew round as her meaning hit him, she saw it. Zachariah was going to kill her with her own blade and she was saying goodbye. The scream had ripped from his throat only seconds before the knife plunged into her skin.

Dean slammed his foot on the breaks, swerved to the side of the road, and fell out of the car as he pushed the door open. He lost whatever was left in his stomach and dry heaved for a few minutes as he tried to shove the images from his mind. The dark red against her olive skin, the dimming light in her brown eyes, the way her lifeless body grew cold in his arms. He dry heaved again and forced himself up off the ground. He needed to move, he couldn’t afford to lose any more time. He needed to get himself together and think everything through before he threw his chips in the pot and he couldn’t let Sam or Bobby interfere. He knew they wouldn’t like his plan but they never did approve of the Winchester way. More often than not it was the only way that worked specially with the people they dealt with. Well, not people. That was the biggest part of the problem. Angels and Demons never settled for anything as easily as people would. No, their prices were always higher and he would pay anything for Liz. He’d already shown he’d do the same for Sam but then that was why he needed to stay away from Sam and Bobby, to keep them from stopping him.

As Dean drove, the darkness settled all around him. He found his thoughts filled with nothing but Liz. The images she sent him coming to life, his memories mixed with hers, emotions that choked him with their force. Emotions that they both had felt: fear, joy, worry, love. It was almost too much for him to handle. How could they have so much from so little time together? How did he let such a small thing change the rules he set for himself? It was more than just her determination to make it work, her defiance against all the evil that kept them apart, her fire that made her a great ally and a terrifying enemy but also caused his blood to boil in a completely different way. It was all those things but he could find ways to write those off, to cancel them out, but the one thing he couldn’t ever change no matter how hard he tried was the fact that she fit. She fit him like no one else could. It was the one underlying factor that brought him back to her every time. There was understanding with her. Not just love because he was a bad boy, because she wanted to fix him, because he was amazing in bed. No, Liz understood him on so many different levels that she easily slid through years’ worth of hardened defenses to keep others out.

Liz Parker, the not so innocent woman he bumped into at a bar like any other. Liz Parker, the woman who changed his life the moment she slipped inside his walls and brought them crashing down by sheer force of her will. Liz Parker, who died in his arms trying to protect him while fighting to keep him strong. Liz Winchester, the woman who made him a better man.

Her last words rang in his head spinning over and over. “Do whatever you need to do to end this. You do it your way. You can do this dean. Let me go and finish it.” He would do what he had to but the one thing he couldn't do was let her go. He would end it his own way and he would let her go but not the way that she meant. He couldn’t just let her die by his enemy for their own personal agenda. If Zachariah thought that he could get exactly what he wanted from him by killing her, he was more than just an arrogant ass. He was a complete moron as well.

Dean took the next exit and drove around until the houses were far behind him and he was surrounded by only trees and grass. He pulled off the road and drove the impala behind some trees making sure it was well hidden from the road. He sent a quick text to Sam, “do not say yes to Lucifer, Sammy. I have a plan. Come find me.” He left the phone on and tossed it into the glove compartment, knowing his brother would use the GPS to find the impala and take care of his baby. Before he could close the glove compartment, his eyes fell on the corner of a picture frame haphazardly sitting underneath the letter he left for Sam and now the phone. He pulled it gently out and looked at the picture that Liz has treasured above all her belongings, the only item she brought with her when they had faced the angels. His thumb brushed over her smiling face, he wanted to curse the day he entered her life but he couldn’t. He knew it was selfish but if he could change it all, he couldn’t bring himself to change that. He picked up the letter and phone then placed the picture frame carefully in the glove compartment and covered it with the letter and phone once again.

He finally stepped out of the car, slowly closing the door behind him. His hand ran along the edge of the hood as he walked around the car, “Sammy will take good care of you baby. Don’t you worry, I taught him well.”

He walked away from the impala and further into the woods. Once he felt he was deep enough in, he looked up at the sky and yelled at the top of his lungs, "Zachariah! Come on down you feathered douchebag!" He looked around, "get down here you manipulative son of a bitch!"

"Really Dean? I thought we were past all that? But then that was before I killed your girlfriend."

Dean curled his hands into fists at the voice behind him, without thought he turned and swung his fist hard but only hit air. He heard the laughter from behind him and looked over his shoulder catching Zachariah's smirk. "So Dean, did you finally decide to end all the bloodshed?"

Dean turned fully to face him, "yeah, the blood you spill."

Zachariah held up his hands, “hey you say the word and she is all better.”

Dean’s face turned hard. “What about all those innocent people in our town?”

A smirk blossomed on the angel’s face as he shrugged, “it’s the apocalypse kid, people die every day.”

The anger that rose inside Dean shook him to his core, “you knew she’d feel responsible.” He paused as something seemed to dawn on him, “that was the reason for it all, wasn’t it? You could have just demolished our house but instead you destroyed the whole town.. all those people. Just to get at her.”

Zachariah crossed his arms at Dean’s heated gaze, “I may have found out about some of her rather endearing qualities..”

Dean shouted vehemently, “why?! She had no part in this!”

The angel tilted his head, “no part? She was the only reason you were still keeping up your whole charade.” His voice rose as he started to lose his patience, “SHE was the biggest part!” He shook off his outburst and the demented grin came back to his face. “We all knew this was how it would end. I mean after all, you know better than anyone the side effects of being a Winchester. Or should I say being with a Winchester?” He paused for a moment to take in the shocked look on Dean’s face and then continued, “but you say the word and she’s all back to normal.”

Dean felt the blood drain from his face. He swallowed his curse and did his best not to show how hard that just hit him. He struggled with the itch to just kill the junkless bastard standing before him who acted like killing Liz was just a box to check off on his to do list. Dean knew he had to stay in control and switched gears back to his main reason for calling him. He dropped his eyes, “no. Better than before. You don’t just bring her back, she gets her life back.” His eyes came back up to the angel, “I want her happy and safe. No one coming after her.”

Zachariah smiled, “easily done. You do mean you want yourself wiped out of her picture, you said safe.. so I just want to make sure I’m getting this right.”

Dean kept his unwavering gaze on the angel with a stiff nod, “do it. Call him down.”

Zachariah called the Arch Angel Michael with an Enochian chant while Dean waited patiently. The angel turned back to Dean with a smile once he finished, “and they thought I wouldn’t be able to get you to say yes.”

Dean smirked as his right hand reached behind his back, “yeah and one more thing.” Dean quickly eliminated the space in between them with his right hand still behind his back, “this is for Liz you son of a bitch!” The angel sword Dean gripped tightly pierced Zachariah’s throat as a bright light appeared above them drowning out the white light that shot from Zachariah’s eyes. Dean bent down closing his eyes and shielding himself from the light. His heart started to beat wildly as he worried that he wasn’t making the right decision. The light was so bright he felt like it was burning his eyes even with his face towards the ground. The ringing grew deafening and for a second he thought about running but then he stood up straight with his eyes still closed and felt peace. This was for Liz. If it had to be his life for hers then so be it.

The light flashed out and he was left in pitch black darkness. He looked around but realized his body wasn’t moving. “Michael?” He heard the echo in his mind but didn’t hear his own voice.

“I’m sorry Dean but I’m in control now.”

“I said I’d only do this if Liz was given her life back. That she was happy and safe. Your brother killed her, that’s the least she deserves.”

“I’m truly sorry for what my brother did. His heart was in the right place but that was not something he should have done. She did not deserve that. She is a true believer and has never done anything against my Father. She will have what you asked for, I will make sure of it. Rest now Dean.”

The fluttering sound of wings echoed slightly in the now quiet woods once again left to the small animals that inhabited the area.
When Drifters Collide.

My pen to paper.
MelissaD
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Eight 4/19

Post by MelissaD »

Author's Note: I'm actually working on an epilogue so this will be a nine parter now. LOL I like where this went but wanted to kind of wrap it all up with a bit more information on everything. :)

HypnotiqBlueEyes: :D I'll be honest I wasn't sure how readers would like it/take it but I'm happy your digging it as much as I did!
AvalonRose: :) Assuming Michael doesn't have his own plan in mind.. :wink:

PART EIGHT. I'm Just A Simple Kind Of Man.
"Simple Man"
Lynyrd Skynyrd

Mama told me when I was young
Come sit beside me, my only son
And listen closely to what I say.
And if you do this
It will help you some sunny day.
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass.
Go find a woman and you'll find love,
And don't forget son,
There is someone up above.

And be a simple kind of man.
Be something you love and understand.
Be a simple kind of man.
Won't you do this for me son,
If you can?

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul,
And you can do this if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
Is to be satisfied.

Be a simple kind of man.
If you can?

Boy, don't you worry.
You'll find yourself.
Follow you heart,
and nothing else.
You can do this,
if you try.
All that I want for you my son,
is to be satisfied.
Be a simple kind of man.
If you can?

Dean groaned as his hand moved to his head. His first clear thought was he had one hell of a hangover especially when he tried to remember the night before but couldn’t. He coughed trying to ease the itching in his dry throat as his hand reached blindly out for the nightstand hoping he had left water out or at least Sam put some there for him. His eyes winced slightly open when his hand hit something rough then popped wide when he distinctly saw dirt and grass. He shot up to a sitting position and was forced to grab his head at the pain. He groaned once again then eased his eyes back open to look around him. Where the hell was he? Where was Sam?

He finally brought himself to a full upright position looking around him hoping he would see something different from his higher viewpoint. He padded his pockets for his cell phone but found nothing, not even his wallet. “Shit. What the hell happened? Did I get drugged and robbed by some crazy chick?” He ran his hands through his hair feeling dirt and leaves. He rubbed his head vigorously to clear most of it away as he tried to guess what would be the best way to go.

He started walking towards the area that he figured would most likely to lead to a road because the tree line looked like it cleared ahead. He tried to think about his last clear memory but the pain it brought deterred him from trying too hard. He hoped this cleared to the back of a motel and Sam would be waiting to laugh at him or bitch about disappearing with some woman. He chuckled softly but something about the thought hurt him, making his brow come together in confusion. He trudged along focusing on each boot as it hit the ground in front of him. Thinking right now was not a good idea. Last night must have been one hell of a party or one hell of a fight. He didn’t like that thought at all.

Dean took a deep breath in relief when he saw that the tree line did in fact clear and he spotted a paved road. He jogged the few remaining yards to hit asphalt that was surrounded by nothing but trees. His short lived relief drained, “son of a bitch!” He winced at the throbbing ache his actions had caused in his head and clenched his jaw. When the pain started to subside he looked at his options. He couldn’t see much in either direction but what he suspected was south he could see further and there was nothing but woods on both sides of the road so he turned north and started walking.

After fifteen minutes of moving along the road, he heard a car coming from behind him and threw out his thumb praying the driver would take him to the closest town. A black 2008 Chevy Camaro slowed and stopped next to him. He felt the tug of a memory but when he tried to flesh it out, nothing came. The passenger window rolled down and a man called through, “where you heading son?”

Dean leaned down seeing a middle aged man with a few streaks of grey in his brown hair dressed in jeans and a charcoal button up shirt. “Wherever you’re going is fine. I just need to get to a phone to call my brother.” He heard the door lock pop and the man smiled. Dean opened the door and slid into the seat feeling a little on edge knowing he had nothing to protect himself with should anything go wrong.

The man pulled back onto the road, “you’re in luck. I’m on my way into town for the eleven am service.” Dean’s stomach rumbled and the man chuckled, “don’t you worry the ladies will get you fed and give you a phone to use.”

Dean looked at the man, “I’m sorry.. I.. what day is it?”

The man raised an eyebrow as he glanced at him quickly, “its Sunday son.” A smile slowly bloomed on his face, “had one hell of a Saturday night, didn’t ya?”

Dean looked towards the road, “I wish I could remember.” His voice dropped to a whisper as he watched the man from the corner of his eyes, “cristo.”

The man chuckled, “ahh to be young again. The name’s Gary. Gary Ross. Nice to meet you.”

Dean eyed him for a second, “Dean. Winchester.” He flinched when he heard his real name fall from his mouth. “Thanks for the ride.”

“Don’t you worry about it son. No need to question God’s timing. He knows what He’s doing.”

Dean swallowed the scoff and looked out the passenger side window watching the trees fly by wondering once again what the hell happened to him. He didn’t have much time since the ride only lasted about ten more minutes before the man was pulling into a small church parking lot. Dean got out of the car thanking Gary again and the man reminded him of the phone inside the church along with a good meal to help with his hangover. Dean looked around seeing it as his best option but he still felt odd about it so he told himself he’d just use the phone and be on his way. Maybe he’d at least find some holy water inside even though he knew finding a rosary in a protestant church was a very low possibility. He also knew at this point he was pretty desperate, not knowing what happened to him or where his brother was, if Sammy was hurt. He was losing it and trying his damn best to keep it all together.

Fifteen minutes later, Dean was walking out of the church with a full stomach and no idea what was going on with Sam or Bobby since neither answered their phones. He walked down the road frustrated, he hadn’t been this lost since.. since before he knew angels existed. It almost reminded him of the day he broke through the ground having been pulled from hell, not knowing how or where he was but at least Bobby had answered the phone. Why couldn’t he remember much after that?
He came to a small parking lot for a row of stores and scanned for a car that looked like an easy target. He eyed what he figured was a 1972 Dodge Challenger and went for it. The door was unlocked and he slid in, hitting his head on the roof and knocking keys from the sun visor. He rubbed his head as he bent down for the keys then started the car, “friggin’ small towns.” He pulled the car out of the parking lot and drove down the main drag trying to figure out where he should go. He checked the gas and couldn’t believe his luck with a full tank. He noticed a gas station up ahead and decided to check a map to see where he was before he chose where to go.

Back in the car, Dean sat staring at a map of Texas in his hands. He still had no idea why he was in Texas, or where Sam was, or where he should go next. He noticed in the upper left corner there was a lighter area showing New Mexico, a partial continuance of some roads and interstates. Roswell struck him, once again he didn’t know why but he knew that’s where he had to go. It was better than anything else he could come up with. Maybe that’s where he and Sam were heading for a case when he got sidetracked by something.

Eight hours later, he found himself driving along the main drag of Roswell, New Mexico. It looked like just another small town but something felt right about being there. He drove aimlessly until he saw a bar that looked familiar. There was no way that’s where he was the night before, was there?

He parked in front of the door and noticed one other car in the parking lot. Being a Sunday and not yet dark he supposed he was lucky the place was even open. He walked in and knew he had been there before at some point but still nothing came to him about the night that gave him the worst blackout of his life. He walked over to a table and sat looking around hoping for something to jump out at him. He tried not to panic, reminding himself that Sam would get the message he left about going to Roswell and he’d probably be there. Sleeping in some motel. At seven o’clock at night. Right.

Dean looked back to the door then was hit with a memory, a familiar scent swirling around him. Sexy and wild with a hint of sweetness. A face surrounded by dark chocolate hair. A sharp inhale echoed in his ears as her face smiled humoring him like only she could. Liz Parker. Roswell, New Mexico. He stood from the chair and bolted out the door before the man at the back of the bar even had the chance to notice him.

He came out of the bar sucking in the warm air as his mind swam through memories that suddenly laid themselves bare. He stumbled to the car leaning heavily on the hood as he caught up with events that proved just how much he had truly forgotten when he woke up in a wooded field off interstate twenty in East Texas. His words to Michael echoed in his mind as he looked down the drag towards the goofy restaurant he passed on his way there. He found his legs moving of their own volition, quickly taking him towards the flashing spaceship sticking out of the building.

Dean stood at the doors of The Crashdown café looking through the glass for her face. He opened the door and walked to the counter taking a seat while he looked around the busy diner. A waitress approached but he barely gave her attention, “is Liz here?”

“I’m sorry who?”

He glanced up at the young blonde girl with antennae bobbing. “Liz Parker?”

The girl snapped her gum, “the owner’s kid? She hasn’t been around here for a while. I can ask her parents if she’s supposed to be back around if you want.”

He shook his head as he stood, “no. That’s okay. I know some of her friends here.” He walked out of the diner the anger rising in his chest.

Dean got back to the car and drove just outside of town before pulling off the road and jumping out of the car slamming the door behind him. “Michael you lying son of a bitch! You said you’d give Liz her life back! That you’d see that she was safe and happy! I don’t care if things didn’t go your way, I said I’d only do it if you fixed your asshole brother’s mess! Damn it, get down here and answer me!”

“Dean.” A low familiar voice came from behind him.

“Cas?” Dean turned to see his friend.

“She’s in a better place Dean. She’s safe and happy. You should go where you would feel the same. Forget about everything else.”

Dean felt the moisture in his eyes, “don’t you tell me that bullshit Cas. He told me he’d fix it. That she’d get her life back.”

A small sad smile appeared on Cas’ face.

“How am I alive? I didn’t want this.. I wanted her to have her life back, not me. That guy that was Raphael’s vessel.. he was non responsive when Raphael left him. Why did he choose me over her? That’s not what I agreed to!”

Cas just gave him a small smile, “go where you would be happy Dean.” Then the angel disappeared.

Dean kicked at the rocks around him in pissed off frustration. He stopped when he spotted his wallet in the sand, “what the hell?” He leaned down and picked it up, all of his cards, his most recent ID and some cash were still inside. Damn angels and their stupid games. He looked around seeing nothing else that would give him any clue to what Cas was talking about and got back into the car.

He drove back east as he thought about what Cas said. Damn angels and their riddles. The only thing he could think about other than Roswell was their house but Zachariah and his small garrison of winged douchebags destroyed it. He decided the only thing to do was to drive to the last place he was truly happy and check to see what was there, if anything still stood. Maybe Sam went there and was waiting amidst the rubble thinking Dean would show up sooner or later. Or maybe he was there looking for Liz, after all he would have found the impala with his phone and the letter detailing his plan.

After almost a full day of driving, Dean turned onto their old street completely shocked by the sight. Everything was just as it was before the storms Zachariah unleashed destroying the entire street and most of the town. He pulled up to the curb in front of the house he and Liz shared before Zachariah targeted her and everything shattered around them. The house that was ripped to shreds was in perfect condition, down to the stupid little alien statues. He stepped out of the impala and saw the front door open. His breath caught in his throat as he waited for some stranger to look out and ask what the hell he was doing there. He closed his eyes unable to handle the sight of someone else at that door and leaned against the car. Then he heard it, desperate, sweet, velvet. A voice that just couldn’t be. “Dean.”

He opened his eyes and turned to see her standing in the doorway with a brilliant smile on her face. He jumped off the car and ran to the door, “I don’t understand.. how?” He stopped just in front of her as if one touch would make her disappear.

Liz smiled as she looked him in the eye, “You.. Michael told me you said I had to be safe and happy. And he asked me who would make me safe and happy.”

Dean’s hands reached up slowly cupping her face still only half sure this was actually real. “I don’t understand.”

“He knew before he asked me, I could see it in your.. his eyes but I told him anyway. You, only you. He smiled and told me to keep believing.” Dean just watched her as the confusion on his face deepened. She touched his cheek softly, “It’s pretty confusing to explain out loud.. Give, and it will be given to you. Ask and it will be given to you.. seek and you shall find. You know whichever verse you like better.”

A small smile broke across his face as he leaned in close smelling her perfume. No, not perfume what did she tell him it was? A mixture of lotion, body spray, and shampoo. “Are you throwing bible verses at me?”

“Not everyone up there was rooting against us Dean. If there was ever a time for you to believe..” Her words were cut off as his lips finally crashed against hers. His hands cradled her face as her hands worked their way around his neck and into his hair, both pulling the other closer as if it may be possible to be one being. They stumbled into the house and Dean kicked the door closed behind them. They broke apart slowly both breathing heavily but neither completely letting go of the other. Dean’s stomach growled and Liz smiled, “hungry?”

Dean’s hands slowly brushed through her hair as his stomach made another gurgling noise. Liz chuckled softly as she grabbed one hand and pulled him into the kitchen, “don’t worry I’ve been prepping for you and Sam.”

Dean perked up at that, “you talked to Sam?”

“Yeah I called him after Michael left me here. I needed to know he was okay. He said he was coming but he was at least a two day’s drive away. That was roughly two days ago but knowing them..” Liz sat him down at the table but he wouldn’t let go of her hand. She looked at him and just couldn’t tell him to let go. She pointed to the oven and he followed her over, only releasing her hand when she grabbed the oven mitts. His hands came to rest on her hips as she opened the oven and pulled out the covered dish.

“Them?” Dean spoke into her ear when she straightened with the dish in her hands. He smelled the strong wonderfully Italian scent of Lasagna.

“Sam and Isabel. They probably switched off and drove straight through.” Liz placed the lasagna on the stove to rest and then moved slowly towards the fridge as Dean moved skillfully behind her keeping up with her perfectly without having to release his hold. Liz chuckled, “you know you won’t be able to eat with your hands on me.”

“I only need one hand to eat.”

Liz pulled the items from the fridge that she needed to make him a sandwich. “That will take some time to cool down so I’m going to make you a sandwich in the meantime. You can eat that with one hand?” He nodded when she turned her head looking at him from the corner of her eye. She smiled, “when was the last time you ate anyway?” She placed her sandwich ingredients on the table and Dean turned her around to face him.

His arms pulled her against him as he leaned down to meet her lips, “doesn’t matter I have everything I need now.”
When Drifters Collide.

My pen to paper.
MelissaD
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Drifter Playlist (XO, SPN, D/L, Mature) Part Nine 4/29

Post by MelissaD »

I can't believe this is my first finished fic. It's short but I love it. I hope you guys enjoy!

barbara87413: Thank You!
HypnotiqBlueEyes: Here I am! Here I am!! Sorry it took longer than my normal but I had a huge hot streak with Angels and spent all my time working with that. Things falling into place with a story and you're on fire.. you can't pull yourself out of it. :lol: Thank you! I really loved how it flowed with him trying to find out what happened and almost who he was.
AvalonRose: Umm.. I'm a little confused by your comment.. did you mean what happened to dean while Michael was in control? I touch on that in the epilogue but they know he went after Lucifer and brought Liz back to her home and cleaned up a few messes.

PART NINE. EPILOGUE.
"A Face To Call Home"
John Mayer

I'm an architect
Of days that haven't happened yet
I can't believe a month is all it's been
You know my paper heart
The one I filled with pencil marks
I think I might've gone and inked you in

Little by little, inch by inch
We built a yard with a garden in the middle of it
It ain't much but it's a start
You got me swaying right along to the song in your heart
And a face to call home
A face to call home
You got a face to call home

So good you didn't see
The nervous wreck I used to be
You'd never know a man could feel so small
And you never look at me
Like I'm a liability
I bet you think I've never been at all

Little by little, inch by inch
We built a yard with a garden in the middle of it
And it ain't much, but it's a start

And a face to call home
A face to call home

A face to call home
A face to call home

Maybe I could stay a while,
I'm talkin' like all of the time

(Maybe I could stay a while)
Little by little, inch by inch,
We built a yard with a garden in the middle of it,
And it ain't much, but it's a start,
(I'm talkin' like all of the time)

And a face to call home
A face to call home

May 25th, 2010.
I'm Liz Parker and thirty five days ago I died. It's kind of ironic that it wasn't by the hand of some twisted government agent or alien like I had always thought but by an angel. A twisted angel hell-bent on fulfilling a seriously old prophecy but an angel none the less. After that, things got really crazy. Definitely not what I told them to do but I can't blame them because everything worked out for the best. I guess I really can say that someone up there really is looking out for me or maybe rooting for us is a better phrase. I like to think Alex is among them, still trying to help me but If I’m really honest with myself, I’d much rather like to see him finally getting to do what he wants. Maybe playing a concert up there for whomever he'd like to see in the crowd or maybe he just has Prom on repeat.

My plan of giving Dean something to fight for backfired.. just a tad. My memories and showing him who he was in my eyes didn't push him to fight to save the world like I thought it would instead he fought to save me. Something I should have known, knowing him as well as I do but at the time I was struggling to grip those memories and use what was left of my energy to transfer them to him. I wasn't thinking too much about what HE would do but what I wanted him to. But this is Dean Winchester I'm talking about, everyone he loves always comes before him. One of the other qualities we seem to share.

It took him a while to let me out of his sight. I never really thought about how my loss would affect him but now I know. In spades. He was just a bit more unbearable than I think I could ever imagine but he’s gotten a lot better. Even Sam wasn’t much better than Dean that first week. Thank God Isabel was able to stay for a couple days before she had to get back to New York. I probably would have gone crazy and zapped them both without her. Of course the distance hasn’t been sitting so well with Isabel since she tried to quit her job last week only to have them offer her a raise and a more flexible situation. Apparently being a highly sought after fashion editor meant you didn’t really have to be in the office at all times. Sam had found a few cases around her as an excuse to see her but when she got a hold of him last week with the news, he jumped on the case that put her in their direct path home. I didn’t really need to be informed that we had a new housemate but it was a very ‘Sam’ gesture to ask me first.

Liz heard the door open and closed her journal. She placed it down on the bed with a smile when she heard his voice ring out, "I'm home!" She heard his duffle hit the floor in the entry way as she headed down the hallway towards the stairs. She laughed softly when she heard his quick footfalls climbing the stairs and as she reached the stairway, his arms were wrapping around her. His hold was tight and just a few seconds longer than normal, something he always did when he came home from a hunt. It was just one of the ways he expressed what he couldn’t yet say aloud. They were working on that but she didn’t really mind. She loved that he was trying though. "Hey." His voice was warm and his breath smelled like jolly ranchers as he leaned down to seal their lips.

His soft lips relinquished their hold and she smiled, "you weren't gone that long."

His thumb brushed over her cheek bone, "long enough."

She heard Isabel's voice come from the bottom of the stairs, "hey long time no see."

Liz smiled as she made her way down to the woman who had become like a sister to her over the years but the smile wasn't so much for seeing her again. Liz always enjoyed spending time with her but it was the happiness in Isabel's eyes that truly made her smile. It had been so long since Liz had seen it that she almost forgot what it looked like. It had disappeared so quickly after Alex and then when she started getting it back again with Jesse, he was taken away from her just as harshly. She was never the same. She shut out any possibility of ever feeling that kind of pain again. Liz knew she had felt responsible telling herself and everyone else if it wasn't for her then they both would still be alive, it didn't matter what anyone said to the contrary.

Now though as Liz made her way to her friend, the sparkle was back in her eye. Sam came in the door behind Isabel pressing slightly against her, his hand came to rest gently on her hip and Liz knew what she had suspected for so long. Isabel was perfect for Sam just as he was for her. The fact that she didn't move away or brush his hand aside spoke volumes. Isabel's slight blush as she glanced quickly at him, catching his big goofy grin just reminded Liz that she wasn't the only good thing to come out of her plan backfiring. If Dean hadn't disappeared, Sam never would have gone through her things at Bobby's, desperate to find any clue to where Dean would have gone. Instead he found Isabel's number and enlisted her help to find where Dean would have gone for Liz. Apparently a lot happened in those two weeks they were looking for him. Maybe that was something she had to be thankful that Lucifer hid so long from Michael for. The cocky angel wasn’t so confident without his true vessel. That was pretty much all the Arch Angel had told her other than Dean would return just as she knew him minus a two week period of time that Michael would take with him. She had been grateful that the angel was giving him back to her at all. She didn’t care about the rest.

Liz's arms wrapped around the taller woman, "I missed you. I’m so happy you’re back."

Isabel squeezed her, "me too."

"Alright I'm starving who wants some grub?" Dean trotted down the stairs giving Liz a soft smack on the ass as he passed the two women. "You want to help?"

Liz smirked as she turned and watched him walk towards the kitchen with a little extra swagger. She couldn't help that her gaze fell to the seat of his jeans that were so nicely filled out.

Sam cleared his throat as he passed Liz with a grin of his own then he answered Dean, "I'll help you so we actually get to eat soon."

Liz broke her gaze and glared at Sam with narrowed eyes, "shut up Sam. I'm perfectly capable of controlling myself."

They all heard Dean yell from the kitchen, "I'm not!"

Isabel and Sam laughed as a grin spread across Liz’s slightly red face. Sam continued into the kitchen and Isabel threw her arm around Liz's shoulders, "should we bring my bags in while the boys make us something to eat?” Isabel lowered her voice and looked at Liz, "or should we go get something edible?"

Liz chuckled and led Isabel outside, "don't worry Dean's actually an amazing cook. It's surprising really after all his years on the road eating take out but he has the gift, like Michael."
~~

June 25th, 2010
In a few hours we'll have all our friends gathered together in the same place without some threat hanging over us for the first time in.. I don't remember how long. Dean isn't too excited to see Max again but knowing how much I'd like to see Ava was enough to get him to stop complaining. Although I think it was Isabel that really got to him when he over heard her tell Sam how much she'd like to see her brother, to see with her own eyes how he was doing. Something I know didn’t just happen accidentally but I’ve kept her secret. Kind of. It’s nice to see how easily Isabel has made herself at home with Sam. I’m also really happy that she doesn’t spend as much time in the bathroom like Max used to always complain about. Maybe that was just another thing she just had to do for show so her parents didn’t question how she got ready so fast. She always looked amazing, anyone would question if she was able to do that in five minutes. Really what did Max expect when he was the one so against letting their parents know, which was just another fear of his he let go on too long.

Anyway, I'm not worried about Dean and Max tonight. Because of our connection Dean knows there is no competition and I know once they actually talk to each other, they'll see they have more in common than they think. I'm really excited to see Kyle again especially because I finally get to meet Kyle's girlfriend Serena. Maria has talked so much about her since he brought her to meet the family six months ago that I feel like I already know her. Speaking of Maria, I’m practically bouncing off the walls excited to see her and Michael again. Okay so maybe I’m more excited to see little Amy again but from the pictures Maria’s sent she has grown so much since she was born that I don’t think anyone could blame me. She's already walking which at seven months is pretty impressive but I told Maria my little God daughter was going to be special.

It's crazy when I think back to all the things that have tied us together, ripped us apart, had us at each other's throats, and protecting each other's backs through the years. To think about all the unbelievable things that have been thrown in our paths that have taken things from us, taken friends from us, and sealed us together forever. And that’s just the stuff that happened to the alien club, I still have a hard time believing all the things that happened to Dean and Sam and I was a part of some of it. I remember back in high school writing about moments, about how quickly one can drastically change another. It’s funny how little I really understood how spot on I was about that. With all the close calls we've had, thinking about how I met Dean and continued to bump into him randomly, how my plan backfired leading Sam to Isabel. I'd like to think of myself as an excellent planner but even on my best day I could’ve never even imagined all that.

Another thing I mused about back in the beginning that almost makes me laugh now is fate. I wrote about how fate has a way of intervening plans for the future and upsetting the best laid plans of mice and men. A Robert Burns quote I had on the brain because I was drowning in study materials for the SAT's. The odd thing is that I completely cut the quote off right in the middle of its meaning, the second part seems fitting because of where we are now. Maybe I was just too scared back then by the next words to even commit them to paper. The full quote goes like this:

"But little Mouse, you are not alone,
In proving foresight may be vain:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often awry,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!"

So maybe this is our promised joy. We've been through the darkest and craziest woods and have found ourselves happy on the other side. We finally found our center, our normal, our home. If I’ve learned anything about fate, it’s that sometimes it has a better plan for you than you could ever imagine for yourself. I’d like to think that was the big picture all along, that we deserved a happy ending, we just had to make it through the dark and everything that came with it. But it's not really the end at all. It’s just the beginning of another chapter, a better chapter. A chapter, at least for me, that starts like this:

I'm Liz Parker (although maybe not for long since Dean is pretty set on the sound of Liz Winchester) and a little over two months ago I died. Then the really amazing thing happened.. again. I was brought back to life.

"What are you doing?" Dean dropped himself onto the bed next to her and ran a hand through her wet hair.

Liz closed her journal and placed it on the bed beside her. "Just something stuck in my head." She looked up at him as she bit her lip, a small smile playing at the corner of her mouth. "It also gave me something to do. I’m really excited to see everyone and there's still so much time to kill. I don’t know what to do with myself." She rolled her eyes, “and I sound like a child.”

Dean leaned in close pulling at the edge of her tank top, his patented smirk in place. "If you wanted something to keep your mind occupied and kill some time you should have just told me. You know I'm the best at clearing that cluttered little head of yours." His lips pressed gently against hers and she melted into him as her eyes slid closed.

"Tell me more about this plan of yours." She mumbled against his lips then giggled when she heard his growl in reply.

He pushed her down into the bed with his body, "it's more fun if I show you."

The forgotten journal fell to the floor landing backside up where a recent picture, that caught an unknowing Liz and Dean laughing, was taped. A handwritten quote underneath, “Love is our true destiny. We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone - we find it with another.” Thomas Merton.
When Drifters Collide.

My pen to paper.