Recommended Alternate Universe Without Aliens Fics

Is the title of a certain fic driving you nuts? Can you not find the latest update of your recent fanfic obsession? Are you looking for the best fic on a certain theme or with a certain pairing? Looking for other Roswell Fanfiction Sites? Come here for answers to all your most pressing fanfiction questions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Kath7
Administrator

Recommended Alternate Universe Without Aliens Fics

Post by Kath7 »

Post links to all your favorite AU without aliens stories here. Please make sure it isn't already on the thread before linking it.

NOTE: UC stories CAN be recommended here. Just make sure you identify it as such.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Reccomended by ebony

When Love Isn't Enough by Deejonaise - This has been recommended numerous times but I had to mention it, this fic forced me out of lurkdom!

No Regrets by Blue*Soul - I haven't been this captivated by a fic in a long time

Come Away With Me by sweetbrowneyes - A unique but compelling portrayal of Liz

Brooklyn by Nicola - it's tagged as being about sex, drugs and rock and roll, and if a rock and roll Max floats your boat, then this is your thing!
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Posted by Bixie

Will you still love me
by Flohmac
summary: Max and Liz are true soulmates but Philip Evans hates Liz and wants to break them up. Find out how he will do that and turns his son into a cold man who doesn't wnat to fall in love again ever.
When Max and Liz meet again she has a shocking surprise for him.
This is an AU story. No aliens
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 22560.html

My Life, Your Life
by Flohmac
Summary: Max is a gigilo. He does this job because it pays well and he has to pay huge bills for his sick daughter who has cancer. His father is a politician and doen't wnat his son to date a colored woman or excepts their child. His girlfriend dies at the age of 18.
Maria hires him for Liz so read this story to find out how they end up.
This is an AU story. No aliens
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 16904.html

Own Me
by Jasper711
Summary: Max is a teenaged father. His parents decide to move the family to Roswell for a new beginning.
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 5/804.html
This ia an AU story. No aliens

Stumbling out of darkness
by Carenicole
Summary: Liz and Max POV. Tragedy befalls Liz leaving her scarred and alone. Seeking a change, she befriends a blind Max's sister. Liz then moves in with Max to help him
out. Story goes through each of their struggles as they try to adjust their lives and give in to their attraction.
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 75/97.html
This an AU story. No aliens

SEX SEX SEX
by MamaDee
summary: Fluff and stuff..a mixed bag of tricks. A very nice story.
This an AU story. No aliens

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 20690.html
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

Reccomended by Cinder

Something Blue...A Christmas Story by Fehrbaby

(Author summary) - Dreamer
Summary: Liz returns to her hometown after 10 years of being away for her best-friend's Christmas wedding, and encounters someone she's spent the last ten years trying to forget. New, and never posted anywhere else.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

My recommendation:
Freefall by Carol000
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?t=7796

This is an excellent Max/Liz fic with Max being a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy. He is also a fighter pilot. Liz is a Ph.D. Engineer who designs the jet engines. A very moving and excellent love story. I highly recommend this one :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Regarding Max by Deejonaise.
Summary: This fic is based off the movie Regarding Henry. I have only taken the premise and nothing else. It's taken from a challenge posted by Lillie.

Baby, I'm Just Bad News by *zans-gurl*
Summary: Liz’s POV through her years at a new private school where she gets involved with the “wrong crowd”.
Authors note: Liz will be with other men in this story but I do guarantee dreamer insurance. She will also be dealing with drug use and other dark subject matter.

Six Days To Sunday by Applebylicious
Summary: Liz Parker, professional sports writer. Max Evans, professional football player. Liz wants Max. Max wants to win a Super Bowl. See Liz try every method possible to make the quarterback she's loved all her life finally come to his knees. Watch Max try to master the art of the perfect play-action route. Experience two stubborn souls' journey from the dry desert of New Mexico to the humid Tampa Bay area, as they come to grips with life, love and football.

Forever Changedby Hybrid-Angel
Summary: New information of a pregrancy changes Liz and Max’s lives forever.

Our Affair by Nikki
Summary: AU. Max comes to live with the Parker's at a very early age. As they grow, their feelings grow with them.
Author's Note: This is just a teaser and it's NC-17 sort of, but then it switches to when they were younger and you'll be taken through their story.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
alienmom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by alienmom »

again lots of my favorites are already posted...goodie!!

draft by majesty
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I am never far away. To find me, follow your heart." cherie
mom's cookie jar
Bri+Jason2830
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Bri+Jason2830 »

I totally agree Draft by Majesty is a MUST READ!

You've Got Mail by Emz80m
Summary: Liz Parker is an up and coming Fashion Designer who is hiding from her miserable personal life though the Internet...Guess who she meets?

The Confession Series by Behrsgirl77

Confessions of a Bachelorette
Summary: Liz Parker is engaged to be married but what happens when she finds the man of her dreams and she has to tell him her secret?

Sins of a Newlywed
Summary: Sequel...Can Max deal with Liz's antics, now that they're married.

Confessions of a Married Man
Summary: This starts off right where Sins of a Newlywed ends. It's the same morning, just from Max's POV. You get a real insight on how men think, it's hilarious!!

Right Kind of Wrong by carenicoleIQ
Summary: Liz is a college student struggling with her Physics class and Max is her professor.

This fic is incompleted, but the author says she will finish it one day.
Last edited by Bri+Jason2830 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." ~ Anonymous
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

I too am a Majesty groupie and I agree that Draft is a must read. Another fic of hers to check out is Netherlander. It's dark, it's mysterious, and it's got a broody Max Evans with a enigmatic/mystical past.
<center>Image</center>
Cinder
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Cinder »

Mouth by Jasper

I'm Me Because of You by syndiepaige

Shattered Pieces by RavenSprite

Elisabetta and Massimiliano and its sequel And Then There Were Three... by Deejonaise

Complicated Circumstances by danciepixie and pegleg

Sexual Education by Anais Nin

The First Date and its sequel The Double Date by LttleMrmade

Undercover by abbs007
Life is a zoo in a jungle.
Peter De Vries