The ONE Fic I insist you read Recommendations

Is the title of a certain fic driving you nuts? Can you not find the latest update of your recent fanfic obsession? Are you looking for the best fic on a certain theme or with a certain pairing? Looking for other Roswell Fanfiction Sites? Come here for answers to all your most pressing fanfiction questions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

kaladala
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kaladala »

This is the first fanfic that I read and it's really good.
it's called A New Breed http://www.crashdown.com/fanfic/max_liz ... usan.shtml

read on and you'll see
kiwigirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by kiwigirl »

ok i think mine is going to have to be Chameleon by Carol000

Summary: What happened back in Roswell after six local teens disappeared amidst a confusing military operation at West Roswell High’s graduation. How did the parents cope? Where did the gang go with no money, no possessions, and a whole lot of unsettled business between them? Who, in fact, was the enemy? Good questions. Here are some answers.

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?t=134

can't tell ypu how meny times i have read this story.
Tell a man there are 40 billion stars and he’ll believe you, tell him the bench has wet paint on it and he just has to touch it.

my fics
moon_sprite
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by moon_sprite »

ok, i had a look around but it didn't look like anyone had recommended this fic... if they haven't my god it is the best fic ever! i swear, i love it, i constantly reread it

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Bitter by Raychelxluscious

A must read!

viewtopic.php?t=8395
MEREDITH: "McSteamy! Woo hoo!"
MARK: "McSteamy? That's what you're calling me now?"
MEREDITH: "Yes... but I don't think you are supposed to know that."
MARK: "How's my favorite dirty mistress?"
MEREDITH: "No, now I'm an adulterous whore!"

Awakened dreamer, drifter and X-tremer love, accept no substitute. (Oh Goddess, I think I'm turning Polar!)
bettylove8
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by bettylove8 »

For me, it would have to be the Denial Game by Evelynn. I loved the fic the first time I read it and have read it twice since. I love it so much I could read it again. The realistic characters, funny parts, sad parts, and above all, love story, embody everything I love about reading fanfiction. There was never a dull moment and still has me thinking about it. It got me reading Roswell fanfiction again. If you haven't read it, you're missing out!

Summary: When Liz's father, Hank Phillips goes to jail for murdering her mother, Liz finds herself getting shipped off to Roswell. With her shadowy past and her even more shadowy looking future, will she finally stop living in her head and figure herself out?

The Denial Game:
viewtopic.php?t=4967
carter13
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by carter13 »

bettylove8 wrote:For me, it would have to be the Denial Game by Evelynn. I loved the fic the first time I read it and have read it twice since. I love it so much I could read it again. The realistic characters, funny parts, sad parts, and above all, love story, embody everything I love about reading fanfiction. There was never a dull moment and still has me thinking about it. It got me reading Roswell fanfiction again. If you haven't read it, you're missing out!

Summary: When Liz's father, Hank Phillips goes to jail for murdering her mother, Liz finds herself getting shipped off to Roswell. With her shadowy past and her even more shadowy looking future, will she finally stop living in her head and figure herself out?

The Denial Game:
viewtopic.php?t=4967
man, i love this fic!!! lol. i think mines got to be war of the witches by Ansleyrocks. i must have read this over 3 times. heres the summery:

Summary: No one is sure where the power comes from but it seems to have always existed. A war is coming and they must pick their side very carefully for only one can win the war. In sleepy Roswell the war begins.

viewtopic.php?t=17619
“Tell Liz I’ll call her later,” said Max.
“Sure thing,” said Michael bounding up the stairs. Halfway up, he stopped and turned back and looked at his friend.
“Hey, Max!” he said.
“Yeah?”
“Word! You are the Man!” he said,” he said raiding his fist.
“Shut up, Michael,” Max laughed as he watched his friend leave the building.
quoted from Love Changes Everything by majiklmoon
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Maxeo & LIzziet

Post by Michelle in LA »

youre my dreamgirl wrote:Mine would HAVE to be Maxeo and Lizziet by Breathless. No contest :) I have read it so many times I could recite it in my sleep:

viewtopic.php?t=705&highlight=
This link only starts at Chapter 57 -- I haven't re-read this in years, and I'd love to find it!

Help!

Also the second link in the very first response to this thread -- Our Story. I went there in the archives, got halfway through, and the rest of the story is missing! Apparently it wasn't reposted in its entirety, because I remember reading it long ago and this was not the end.

I couldn't list the first one, because it was on Crashdown, and it made me stay away from fanfic for years! It had Liz deciding she just wanted a human boy (and this was before EoTW), and marrying someone else! (I think it was Sean, but that name must have been a lucky coincidence, since this was earlier). Max was heartbroken and attended the wedding in secret (because he's on the run, that's his whole life), and Liz feels him there and lets him see how much she doesn't love him anymore, loves Sean instead. I was so bummed, and didn't read any more fanfic for years!

But if I were going to be on a desert island, and could only have one, the one that still stands out as a complete masterpiece, stands up against anything else I've ever read, and really shows off the art of plotting (which the show's team needed a booster shot of), it would be Aftermath. That story creates its own world, and totally lured me in -- awesome.

People have probably mentioned it already -- I'm working my way through this list, but keep getting decoyed off to read others' recommendations! :D I don't think the link could be needed, but I'll try to find it and put it here.

~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
Aurorabee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The ONE Fic I insist you read Recommendations

Post by Aurorabee »

Michelle, you can find parts 1 - 56 here in the archives -56.

If you prefer it all in one place, you can find it here at Roswell - The Promise
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

Thank you! I was an idiot -- I see it on the thread, now.

I didn't have that one on my home computer, I had it at work and when I got laid off, I don't have access to that computer anymore. ;)

~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
Forensicschic
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re:

Post by Forensicschic »

kaladala wrote:This is the first fanfic that I read and it's really good.
it's called A New Breed http://www.crashdown.com/fanfic/max_liz ... usan.shtml

read on and you'll see
I am VERY much with you on that. This was my first Roswell fanfic as well. It converted me away from Harry/Draco to Roswell for a LOOOONG time. I'm talking didn't want to read ANYTHING but Liz/Max.

It's a life changing experience. I still go and read it from time to time when I'm feeling down and need a pick me up
"You're afraid of planes"
"Planes crash!"
"AND APPARENTLY CLOWNS KILL!"

Sam and Dean Winchester.

Yes I do love them. Forever.
yayaliens
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by yayaliens »

OK..so I'm surprised no one has posted this one...but the story i swear i have read over 100 times is called Say Yes by SweetBrownEyes

Title: Say Yes
Author: sweetbrowneyes a.k.a Tiffany
Disclaimer: I again still own nothing.
Rating: Mature
Summary: After catching her husband cheating, a heartbroken Liz moves into an apartment with her friends Maria and Michael. What happens when she meets rich, play-boy Max Evans and moves in with him?

it can be found completed here viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9312