The ONE Fic I insist you read Recommendations

Is the title of a certain fic driving you nuts? Can you not find the latest update of your recent fanfic obsession? Are you looking for the best fic on a certain theme or with a certain pairing? Looking for other Roswell Fanfiction Sites? Come here for answers to all your most pressing fanfiction questions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

StarJet
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re:

Post by StarJet »

Erina wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure, maybe I'm recommending this fic(s), because I re-read them not so long time ago, but...

Own Me and I just can't not to mention it's sequel Our story. Both fics by jasper711.

I know I was supposed to post ONE story, but, come on!!! There simply isn't a way to split these two! :D
Is there a complete version of "Our Story" around anywhere? The link above gives only 47 parts, and ishallbelieveinml has 48 parts. Was it never finished?

Anyway, I highly recommend Blue Remembered Hills (http://roswell-thepromise.com/fanfic/wr ... lls01.html) by WR. It isn't the first fic I read, and it wasn't the fic that got me hooked on Roswell fanfic, but this fic has made a pretty good impact on me, and I can easily call this one of the best ever Roswell fics I've read. :D
nitpick23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Re:

Post by nitpick23 »

StarJet wrote:
Erina wrote:Hmm, I'm not sure, maybe I'm recommending this fic(s), because I re-read them not so long time ago, but...

Own Me and I just can't not to mention it's sequel Our story. Both fics by jasper711.

I know I was supposed to post ONE story, but, come on!!! There simply isn't a way to split these two! :D
Is there a complete version of "Our Story" around anywhere? The link above gives only 47 parts, and ishallbelieveinml has 48 parts. Was it never finished?

Anyway, I highly recommend Blue Remembered Hills (http://roswell-thepromise.com/fanfic/wr ... lls01.html) by WR. It isn't the first fic I read, and it wasn't the fic that got me hooked on Roswell fanfic, but this fic has made a pretty good impact on me, and I can easily call this one of the best ever Roswell fics I've read. :D
As far as I know "Our Story" was never finished. Jasper left a few fics unfinished on the boards including some NC-17s. It would be nice to see the fics finished.
neck
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: The ONE Fic I insist you read Recommendations

Post by neck »

oh it´s so hard to choose there are just so many wonderful stories. My recommendation would be the first AU Story I read, it´s Prisoner of Love by Mia Nora

Title: Prisoner of Love
Disclaimer: own nil except my imagination
Rating: ADULT(either way it's still gonna contain adult content)
Summary: AU. No Aliens. Liz is a Lady who is wrongfully accused and set prisoner on a pirate ship.
Author's note:Im a major AU/romance adventure kinda gal, thats the reason for this fic's theme. I have to say that it is not a 'smut' story, but there will be some lovemaking scenes-thank you

viewtopic.php?t=5283

Nina
Gidget2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re:

Post by Gidget2 »

sylus27 wrote:This is probably my all time favorite Roswell fic. I'm surprised nobody else has posted it yet.

Blue Remembered Hills by WR

Author's Summary: Post Graduation. We follow the gang on their journey.

The summary doesn't quite do the story justice but trust me - it's definately worth reading (a few times).
I completely agree, this fic is by far, hands down the best fanfic I've ever read.

If the show had continued, I would have loved to see it go down this path.

Absolutely brilliant, very compelling, and just an amazing story.

You will not be left wanting. :mrgreen:
"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - Sam Keen
Alison: I want the shirt that says 'I don't have A.D.D....Ooooo look a chiken!'

Me: Where? Where? (turns head from left to right)
PeytonLeigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by PeytonLeigh »

hmmm. if there's only one fic... well, i only really read crossovers so... i can't choose between "Vengeance" by littlebit and "Shot Throught the Heart" by KiaraAlexisKnightly but since I have to choose only one, i would have to choose "Vengeance" because as much as I love Oliver, I love Sark just as much and since Vengeance has more chapers, it wins by default. *sigh* sad, i know.
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

I was lucky/smart enough to win Majesty's services at the recent author auction. She had signed on for a 5000 word fic but the piece she wrote ended up being over three times that long. And I absolutely insist that you read it. Flawed heroes & new beginnings
Banner by Evelyn
erinkatie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by erinkatie »

I have to absolutely post this one. I read it and it's just beautiful and I think it really captures the relationship between Max and Liz- but beware! This one is from the Alien Abyss so bring those tissues!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 40&t=15855

Dean: Hey, you know what? There's a ton of lore on unicorns too, in fact,
I hear they ride on silver moonbeams and shoot rainbows outta their ass.

Harold Krick: I know this may sound like gibberish to you, but I think I'm in a tragedy.

“Don’t feel guilty, guilt is a wicked ghost.”

Ben: Evie, you're in the middle of nowhere!
Evie: Then I'll cling to the edge of somewhere!!!
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

There are actually two fics that I'm going to recommend here.

They have both completely blown me away with their storylines and incredibly rich characters.

1). Destiny's Pleasure by Lena7 - To tell you the truth anything Lena writes is pure gold. This is not an exaggeration. She writes with such passion and raw intense emotion it's beyond talent with her, it's pure artistry. Such stories as Trapped and Insatiable Desire and many many more are just insanely gripping and flawless. Destiny's Pleasure is completed now but when she was writing it I was checking daily for an update, it's just beyond perfect. It is currently located in the Abyss. You will not be disappointed. OH it also has the best twist of any story I have ever read. I was literally yelling at the computer unable to hold in my excitment ...needless to say I. loved. it!! Her portrayal of Max is better than anything I have ever read.

2) Death is a Playground by darkmoon - Ok if you have been lucky enough to had read her series The Domestication Of Zan in the completed section of the UC board you already are aware of this girls brilliant mind. Death is a Playground is currently in the Abyss and if you even peak at it you will be drawn in so fast it will make your head spin. Truly one of the best stories I have ever read darkmoon is to me on a whole different level than the rest of us. She will have you crying on moment and laughing the next. The hero of the story FLiz will just have you glued to the computer screen with her heartbreaking depiction of a woman who has the weight of the world on her shoulders. This should be for sale in a book store somewhere. darkmoon has written these characters that we love so much far better than the writers on the show. Her play on words is just on a genius level. I again recommend anything she writes but Death is a Playground is beyond amazing ...it's just perfect.

Trust me :wink: Carrie :D

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Title: The book of love

Author: Behrsgirl77

Summary
: Max and Liz meet in the most extraordinary way and their lives and their futures will never be the same because of it. This is a story about learning to appreciate the gifts we’re given, no matter how they come to be.

Link: http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?t=17310

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Jen C
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re:

Post by Jen C »

Zendorox wrote:This was tough. Several I thought of are already here, but.... you can't NOT read the Smoke & Mirrors series by Diehard (aka RosGmom). It's a series, you got to read them together to get the full "punch".

Smoke & Mirrors, Here & Now, Retribution

Zen
I had never read this series. Thank you so much for recommending it. It was truly wonderful.

Jen