Recommended Angsty Fics

Is the title of a certain fic driving you nuts? Can you not find the latest update of your recent fanfic obsession? Are you looking for the best fic on a certain theme or with a certain pairing? Looking for other Roswell Fanfiction Sites? Come here for answers to all your most pressing fanfiction questions.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, truelovepooh, Forum Moderators

Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

Another Great one Uphill Battle by Anais Nin
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Title: Burning to Feel
Author: sylvia37
Pairings: CC/UC
Rating: MATURE
Summary: Future fic set after the events of Season two. After Tess leaves the planet with Max's son, Max and Liz have it out. Six years later Liz is back in Roswell for Michael and Maria's wedding after a long absence and she meets up with the past she tried to leave behind. But she finds out that everything has changed and that life for the aliens and her friends went on without her. Will she be able to continue on happily in her new life or will the Alien Abyss swallow her once again and threaten her new found peace?

Title: Awakening
Author: roswellianprincess16
Pairing: Max/Liz
Rating: MATURE
Summary: Takes place during and after The End of the World. One moment can change your life forever. What happens when that one moment changes everything Liz though she knew about her life and her love? Now she is forced to run for her life. Is there any way to go back to a life she remembers?
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

In darkness, see forever

By Mnemosyne

Summary
: AU fic. What if, in ADDITION to Future Max, Future Michael had paid a visit to the past?

Link : http://mnemosyne.silverspiral.net/viewstory.php?sid=147
Scottie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Scottie »

Bri+Jason2830 wrote:I Will Remember You by ISLANDGIRLS
Summary: Liz remembers.
AU ~ M/L, L/K

I just finished reading this fic, and it made me cry my eyes out!!! It is so sad, but still a great read.
Wow, I just read it too, on your recommendation. Absolutely beautiful, but definitely a tear jerker!

Thanks!
~Dreamer~
~Slash Ho~
~Sexual Healer~
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

Comes a time

By Kaelie

Summary
: Season 1 fic. CC/M&M. In the end, it's only the promises and dreams that keep you warm, and at the end of her life, Maria wonders if she's kept her half of what was promised.

Link : http://www.roswellunderground.com/comesatime.html

and the sequel :

Ever after

By Kara

Summary
: CC/M&M. Maybe Michael managed to keep his promise to Maria after all--just not in the way she expected...

Link : http://www.roswellunderground.com/everafter.html

Michael : From day one, I knew you were the girl for me, I never wanted anyone else.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Breathe, by Danilise

Tag to 'The White Room'. Max just has to keep remembering to breathe during his torture and maybe he'll be all right.

http://www.roswellunderground.com/breathe.html

This was the first angst fic I ever read, and gosh, I could so feel every word of it... It's a short one-shot, from Max's POV.

Misha
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Evelynn
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Evelynn »

Angel wrote:For All by Bennie. I know this was posted here at some point, but finding this link was easier.

Hands down, the most horribly heartbreaking fic I've ever read. It's short, but packs a punch. Gutwrenching.

Liz makes a sacrafice she never thought she'd have to make to keep Future Max's secret.
I just read it. OMG. Tears.
nitpick23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Angst

Post by nitpick23 »

This is definitely up there in the angst quotient:

The Bitter Dregs by Tasfya

It's in the archive here: http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 81462.html

The summary from the fic:

This is based on the false spoilers for the end of Season 3. The beginning bears a vague resemblance to part of Cookie2697's lovely fic, Hope Alone, for which I have obtained her permission to post this. I highly recommend HA as a wonderful read.

When the spoilers first came out, I was devastated. I could appreciate the elegant irony of returning to the beginning, but without a Season 4 to explore the possibilities raised by this clean slate option, I could not accept that that would be the ending given to my beloved show. And I was grateful beyond words that when the episode order was cut, TPTB chose to end the series with Graduation. Yet the images that I first conceived out of the bleak possibility of that finale never faded, and eventually I chose to put them to paper. The Bitter Dregs is the result. I hope you enjoy it.
hugs, Tas
dreamerfrvrp3
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamerfrvrp3 »

This is one of my very favorite angsty fics that I recently read, again.

All His Fault by sweetbrowneyes

Summary(by the author): No Tess :D Everyone is in their junior year of high school, except for Michael, who’s a year older. Alex and Michael are brothers and Liz and Maria are distant cousins. That’s all I can tell you. :twisted:

It really is a heartbreaking story about how Max over comes the struggles of his past and learns to move on towards his future.
Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Re: Recommended Angsty Fics

Post by Anniepoo98 »

I have a few must-read (imo) angsty fics:

Homes Series - Emilyluvsroswell
Post-Destiny/CC - Max and the gang are dealing with the fallout from the past few days and it leads them to new discoveries they could never imagine. Plus, it totally has something for everyone. Especially angst lovers.

I Could Have Loved You - Jbangelo
Summary: One-shot, set during Tess’ return in Four Aliens and a Baby. Before Tess asks Liz to take her to the base, she and Kyle talk.
You heart just breaks for both characters here. Very good!

Hope Alone - Cookie2697
Summary: Based on false spoilers for the Season 3 finale, so post 4 Aliens and a Baby. What would happen if Max and Liz attempted to change the past as Future Max did? What if it went horribly wrong, and the world as they know it ceased to exist? My take on the false spoilers and one of a million ways as to how I could see them resolving it.
So good... so very, very good. Just to watch Max deal with the knowledge that things went wrong and he's now trapped in his 18 year old self's body. Wow.