Original Parallel Attraction Thread...

Come here to celebrate the publication of Fanatics member Rosdeidre! Learn about her new book series, The Parallel Series. Ask questions about the publication process, the writing process, and anything else that comes to mind!

Moderators: RosDeidre, Forum Moderators

RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Thanks, guys! I'm so excited too! Basically, I can't believe the pub date is almost here. AND, I just turned in the second book, PARALLEL HEAT, and am about to start the third one. Parallel Heat comes out in October, so you won't have to wait long for the next book--plus, that excerpt is in the back of PA! So you'll have a taste of the follow up right at the end of book one.

Hugs! D
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

I think my thoughts on this can be summed up in one word...YAY! :lol:
I really loved the exerpt and can't wait for Parallel Attraction and Parallel Heat to come out!

-Sarah

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
CandyDreamQueen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by CandyDreamQueen »

I went to Borders last night and Parallel Attraction was there! I was so excited! I didn’t even realize it was out. I remember thinking, hey that looks familiar, and then I was like OH my god! That’s RosDeidre’s book! I got my copy and I can’t wait to start reading it tonight!!

Congratulations Deidre!
Applebylicious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Applebylicious »

Just finished Parallel Attraction this morning, and I am desperately awaiting the next in the series. My favorite character so far is Marco. I love, love, love Marco. LOVE.

De, you've done such an excellent job.
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Oh my GOSH! WOW! So you guys are already finding it and reading it!!!! :) Amazing. And so thrilled that you're loving it, too!! Guys, I'm just so excited I can hardly stand it. Thanks for the wonderful words.

By the way, I have my cover for PARALLEL HEAT now. It's up on Amazon, though I have no idea how to post it here. I think it's really gorgeous and definitely *sexy*.

HUGS!!!
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

Hee, I'm so happy for you! I've now bought two copies. The first was on Amazon, so I'm still waiting for it, but when I heard it was on sale at Walmart, I couldn't wait, so I had to run over this morning so I could read it. I also highly recommended it to a litttle old lady who was looking at the book section next to me. I told her she just <i>had</i> to read it, so she picked it up and told me she would. :)

Congratulations!
JO
Addicted Roswellian

Post by JO »

Well, my Walmart stinks! The one closest to my house doesn't have it. I searched the titles one by one in case I missed it in my excitement.

And

I called Borders and B&N in hopes they'd have it on their shelves in advance. No such luck. Guess who's stalking B&N on Tuesday and harassing the staff to unpack?
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

I have a co-worker who is a book DEVOURER and we have a date at Chapters on Tuesday morning to each buy our own copy and have coffee together before work, hee. Can't wait! :D
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Roswelladdict
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Roswelladdict »

Congrats De!!! You so deserve all the success you can garner and from the sneak peeks you have been providing over the last year I know that this will be wonderful!

I have to say that Deidre is the reason I read fanfic. Something about her first fic captured my attention and kept it. At her prompting, I read several others and have become a devout fan of several authors here at Fanatics.

I am very much looking forward to my copy which should be arriving any day now. I can't wait to read it.

By the way, any chance of us getting the rest of Back To Save The Universe? Sorry :oops: I can't help myself, you are after all one of the greats!
Nina

Dreaming of Candy in the Stars.

"It was you...."
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

You know, I'm actually amazed at how much Walmart coverage this book is actually getting! So many titles never sell to Walmart, and I am blown away by the size of their buy! But, Jo, you'll get a kick out of this--my hometown Walmart isn't carrying it either. :) The people on the buying end have no idea where the author lives. Meanwhle, my indie store here has ordered about 250 copies for the book launch party next Friday night!

It's a wild week in Madison, too, because guess who is here filming TODAY?? Matthew McConnahey (sp?) and Matthew Fox. On the square. I am venturing that way after while to see if I can have a celebrity signing. Think it would be odd if I asked, "Hey, would you sign my book?" LOL!

Tas, I love the idea of you meeting at the store! That's too fun.

Hugs!