Original Parallel Attraction Thread...

Come here to celebrate the publication of Fanatics member Rosdeidre! Learn about her new book series, The Parallel Series. Ask questions about the publication process, the writing process, and anything else that comes to mind!

Moderators: RosDeidre, Forum Moderators

RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

Nina,
Sadly, no BTSU. All the energy I had for the Gravity series is going into this new series. The weird thing? Some of the characters are in it, like Marco, but then it's *completely* different. I'm talking nowhere close to the original, especially as the series progresses. Even Marco is a very different character. Less moody, more immediate, bolder. So although BTSU will never happen, all I can promise is that you'll get some of that same feeling and spirit in this ongoing world. :) Hugs and thanks for asking!
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Congrats!

Post by Leigh »

:D I always knew that many of my favorite authors on this web site were better than the writers of Roswell......Now I have proof!

I'm really proud of you. I'm going to Walmart and I'll see if they have the book yet..

..by the way, I *love* the bookcover. 8)
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
Evans3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The book is out at WALMART!!!

Post by Evans3 »

Hey,

I just got off working at Walmart tonight and was wandering around the book section. Guess what I found... YOUR BOOK!!! I was like AHHHH!!! I know it wasn't supposed to come out until late April or early May. That's what Walmart told me last month. Well for once, I am so glad they are WRONG!

Right away I grabbed the book and bought it with a big smile tonight. Everyone who just came in to work overnight was grumbling how cheerful I was. Hehehe. I am so excited to read. I can't read now though...it is midnight right now and I have to get up at 6:30 am to drag my kids to school. Ugh, but as soon I drop the kids off, the afternoon and the book is ALL MINE!!!

Congrats on your book! See you around!
Wendy Evans

In case if anyone wondering, the price of this book is 4.88 dollars. Not to mention my working there got me discount...heheh.
Ella1022
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ella1022 »

I got my copy Friday at Walmart and I've been reading it. I love it so far. I can't wait to read more in the series and see what happens in this book.
"The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"- Romeo from Dark Hunter Series
JO
Addicted Roswellian

Post by JO »

Nina -- if you loved Marco from HTDC and GRAVITY, you'll *LOVE* the Marco from Parallel Attraction and Parallel Heat. He's much less moody, and kind of a smart ass! :lol:

Each of the characters literally come to life off the page. Both are amazing books!! (Parallel Heat releases in October, btw, if anyone wants to start harassing their local bookstores.)
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

Just got Heat! Barnes and Nobles didn't have it so I headed out to Borders a town over, and I found it! I made sure to tell them they were awesome for carrying a wider selection of books. They seemed to be happy about that. :)
cyberchic121
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cyberchic121 »

I just got the book and I am up to chapter 10 and I do not want to stop reading but sadly I am human and I need sleep. You are just awesome. This book is amazing and ahhh you need to have like a writters chat at DAS so that all of us who have the book can talk about it and discuss why it just makes our dreamer hearts soar! I am in love with this couple and I am just in love with you for writing such a great book! lol :D
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Leigh »

I purchased the book at Walmart day before yesterday and I'm half way through the book.......great story! I must admit I still visualize Max and Liz as the principle characters..... :wink:

I thought it was nice that you acknowledged your Ros friends in the forward! :)

Is the second book printing now or are they waiting to see how the first book does :?:
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
dragon7
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dragon7 »

Ros, I've read most of your fanfic (if not all of it), though I'm mostly a lurker. When I saw you had your own book, I rushed right out to Borders that night (Tuesday, 2 nights ago) and picked it up. I'm up to Chapter 8 at this point. I LOVE IT!!!!! I am so glad you wrote it. There have actually been a few lines that have made me feel that tug on my heart that I don't get to feel too often anymore. Thank you for writing and I can't wait to finish it & for the sequels to be released.
"And you'll be the one that just left me undone by my own hesitation. And for the million hours that we were, I'll smile and remember it all, then I'll turn and go. While you're story's completed, mine is a long way from done." -- Sister Hazel
RosDeidre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RosDeidre »

woo hooooo!!! So thrilled to read all these great reactions. I can't wait to hear what all of you who are still reading think when you're done.

As for Max and Liz, honestly these two really *aren't* M/L...I don't think I could have written the book if they had been. Only b/c I needed to really *feel* that break and make the characters my own. Even Marco, who figured in the fanfic I wrote, is quite a bit different. It's been an interesting exercise to remake my own work, and progressively each book goes farther and farther with that. In fact, HEAT has basically very little relation to GRAVITY. SEDUCTION literally has nothing in common with BTSU--at least not much! :)

Hugs!! D